Speaker 1: Hey guys, good evening, Happy Sunday, Comember Wednesday. Get started here in just one night.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see, let's think we're going to.
Speaker 1: Bring it in right here. Good evening, Happy Sunday to everybody. Uh, you know what, I don't even know what the temperature is here right now, but it's been raining for like the past two days, and I've been talking to people in Discord. That's you know, they're getting temperatures of twenty degrees ten degrees minus fifteen degrees, some crazy numbers out there. So I want to know how warm or not warm it is where you are right now. Put it in the chat. How warm is it or how warm is it not? And let me know how my audio is. I'm using a different microphone tonight what I normally use. We're down here at the coast after winterfield Day and just doing all kinds of cool radio stuff down here. So shout out to folks in green text in the chat YouTube channel members. I saw A C three A A C three I K in their first earlier ed Good Evening Radio went in Texas. KD nine ys W was in there. Let's see kJ five F T T Chris again let's see prep Pam Paul is in there. Smoke signals r F good evening, e O D kaboom, k H two x X good evening, Ka Luke, good evening, Jason Perez, how you guys doing, K T four E M Psycho ham doc or psycham does not psycho psycham doc? Okay, all right, that's cool. Psycho would be cool too, KO five T y Bill Good evening, Downie nine E g L Good evening, mister j Plovlin, I've seen that one before. One's new Richard Hopkins. Let's see Rix Hamshack good evening, Amateur Signal Network Melvin. Yeah, I think that's kind of all the ones I saw in their early up tonight. So good evening to all. Thanks for being here tonight. We're gonna talk about Orlando Hamcash here in just one minute and minus. Okay, yeah, here we go. Nineteen in North Texas. My next thermostat at home earlier told me it was eleven when I first woke up this morning, told me it was eleven at home. Glad I'm not their ouch. Thank you for the super chat. K E four h Z C. Appreciate you being here tonight. Nine degrees feels like negative five right now. Seventy seven. We're gonna find out what it is in Orlando right now. We're not gonna like it. Nobody here is gonna like it. I can tell you right. No, we should just go to Hamcasion.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Let's just go now. And twenty six in North Carolina. Negative twenty the last three days in the morning, Jake, where the heck are you man? Negative seventeen in Minnesota, No, thanks, twenty four in Arkansas, fifty one in Savannah, Georgia, fourteen dropping to six by morning. Wow, that's crazy. Twelve degrees Colorado Springs, twenty five in Roanoke, Virginia. Bill says, good evening, Bill, all right, Wow, okay, so that's a thing that is definitely a thing. All right. So I had talked last week, and because I'm kind of an idiot, I had talked last week about Simplex. We had a really good discussion about Simplex last week, and I completely.
Speaker 3: I hear you here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, my fault, guys, sorry about that. Yeah, I see the lost audio, Thank you very much. My fault. My fault. This scene that I had right here, I didn't have the new microphone added to it, So we're good. So sorry about that. That that's my fault. We got it, we got it. So yeah, I was talking about the one forty six five to two stickers on the website. That's right there. I think you should be able to hear me now right here. Yeah, okay, enabled CTCSS, that's good, enabled CTCSS. I'm a microphone. That was my mistake. So uh yeah, everyone monitor one forty six five two if you're driving New Orlando hearing about we can have two weeks, however long it is, whenever you're gonna leave for land. This is what I was saying when I was muted by mistake. So one six five two simplex. I have the stickers on my website. I've ordered some new stickers that are larger than the ones I have now because I'm pretty much out of these smaller ones. But but my challenge to you is to monitor one forty six to five to two everyone who's driving to and from Orlando in a couple of weeks. We need to be on the air and light up that frequency. And if you're just flying in, then get on a get an HT and monitorated. At the show, I'm going to bring my man pac radio and set up an ed fong, roll up j pol intenna at my campsite and have one forty six five to two on and a little bit higher antenna than I did last time. So that's what I was saying before, in a nutshell something like that. Let's bring Michael on talk to him, because y'all probably don't need to hear from me much anymore. Michael, good evening. How are you man?
Speaker 3: I'm good, Jason, thank you for having me on the show tonight.
Speaker 1: Absolutely so. Tell us what's the temperature in Orlando right now?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 3: Let's see, let me give you an accurate reading alight, seventy.
Speaker 1: Four seventy four? Wow, you guys need to break out the park. Is I guess seventy four degrees out there in Orlando right now? But you're gonna get some cold temperatures here coming up in the next few days.
Speaker 3: I think, Yeah, tomorrow night, tomorrow sometime. We got a cold front coming through posted to drop us down to near freezing for almost a week. They're saying, this's gonna be like thirties in the morning and fifties during the day for about a week. Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, at least he's get it's up above freezing during the day, so that's not too bad, I guess.
Speaker 3: So true.
Speaker 1: Good, good, good, Okay, Well, Kyle is my Frank tonight, Good evening, Kyle.
Speaker 4: How are you hello?
Speaker 1: How are you good? Man? How'd it go with the I Share Radio?
Speaker 4: That thing is awesome. I cannot wait to them come out out of beta and there's a need they're scratching the itch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, total are they going to be a ham Cashion.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're gonna be at Ham Cason, but they're going to be at ham Vention anvention.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember seeing him at Hamvention last year, but I was hoping they'd come to Orlando as well. Yeah, so okay, cool man, thanks for being here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you. Hi, Michael, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good? Kyle? Are you good?
Speaker 4: Good? Good?
Speaker 1: Good? All right? Michael. Well, the floor is yours. Tell us what we can expect from twenty twenty six hamcash what I'd like to know. I mean, I know you've got some new stuff to tell us, and there's some awards items I've been getting some emails about. But yeah, yeah, the floor is yours. Go ahead with whatever you got for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our biggest thing this year. Lots of new stuff, a lot of sighting stuff. So yeah, earlier we did announce all of our award winners, but we did have a new award this year that we did give out, which was the Radio Hero Award. A gentleman from India actually won it. I will not try to say his name, but he is actually working on coming to hamcashon Hilm and his club down there is doing really good stuff with amateur radio and doing lots of good things since he's actually won award ham Cash and amateur radio is really getting a huge boost around then, especially in India. All the articles that was posted about him radio and him went in this award, I mean this news article after news article he was sending me from all over that area down there, So it's really good publicity for amateur radio and.
Speaker 1: Handcasion totally good.
Speaker 3: So other things that's happened, of course, our awards banquet, which we do have, but this year we're changing it up a little bit. We're actually doing our first ever actual banquet open to the public on Saturday night, so you can come to it. It's a farm to table dinner at Rosen Plaza all of our info is on the website table at the top that says banquet. Just click on that. All the info is there for it. So we will do awards ceremony to start with, then we'll do the dinner. Then we will have a keynote speaker which is going to be Bob Interbitten's from Arr. We'll be talking about communications basically. So the good thing about this is Ham Casson does fall on Valentine's weekend this year, and that is Valentine's Night, So if you want to take your wife or your significant another to a great dinner, it's a five star place, great food, farmed, a table, all fresh. It's a way to take her out after the show for her. Allowing you to come to Hamcashon on Valentine's awesome.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea. That's a fantastic idea. Okay, okay, good, good to know. What's the name of the place again.
Speaker 5: It's going to be Rosden Plaza Plaza Okay okay, yep, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the same place that we usually did the dinner for the award ceremony before. It's just going to be in actually one of their banqwell halls.
Speaker 1: This time, gotcha Okay, good, excellent, okay, yeah. Cool.
Speaker 3: So other big things. One of the huge things this year, we've got eighteen new vendors that's never been a hamction.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all commercial fenders. A lot of them are spull TENA, Macony's Signals Solutions, Seed Studio, A Mesh Company, UH, National Amateur Radio Alliance, Air met Error, Armate, arm Reate Towers, U s W Magazine, Hamside Radio Club of America, UH three C Hamshack, Bad Dog Tools, LO Mesh, Morris Nexus, UH one Voice of America Museum is actually coming U Maker Nova Aylmore Brand Amateur Radio Directory Radioddity. One of the big ones this year is going to be her name is Donna snow King. She's an author and she will also have a Livy Medal of Honor recipient in their booth, UH making their his first UH radio contact deren HAMK So he's actually the only living Amateur Radio Metal of Honor recipient. Really well yeah, So lots of mesh stuff this year. I think we got a total of the three new ones and I think there's still two other ones, so about five different mesh ones this year, so, which is good totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good, Yeah, I knew that. I knew that Seed Studios was going to be there. That was Dave who was in the zoom chat a minute ago. Okay, so yeah, yeah, he's I knew that. He said they were they were going to be there. So in fact, I think we're gonna kind of kind of carpool, not carpool. I think we're gonna kind of caravan up there together on our drive. But we still got to hammer that out. But looking forward to that. And then and then low Mesh. You mentioned them. I haven't heard of that one. I'm not familiar with them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lo Mesh. It's actually he's actually a local guy here. I think he's like help in Gainesville area. He worked with another mesh company, one of the developing companies, for a while, and he started a his own business.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 3: So yeah. The other one that many people heard about, Quicksilver, the gentleman actually bought the company. He will actually be at Hamcasion also so good.
Speaker 1: Good, not be going nowhere, which is good, good, good, excellent. Kyle, do you have a question.
Speaker 4: The Marconi signal systems? That is, I think Marconi makes if I'm thinking of the same people tell me if I'm correct here, Michael. He makes a CW key for remote c W keane and uses an ESP thirty two and communicates over the internet, and it is a really cool product. So if that's the same person I'm thinking of, that would be cool to see him at AMCATIONI.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, I believe that is the same one.
Speaker 4: I believe, Yes, it's that Max in five. Uh, this call is he's got an INN five call?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not sure on that one, but.
Speaker 4: Well, if it is, that's great.
Speaker 1: If not, we'll learn about somebody new. Yeah. Good, Well, I've gotta I gotta get a I gotta get a list of those new vendors from you, Michael, so I can uh make sure I visit all those and maybe get a few recordings of interviews with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I don't know if gray Man PoTA is oblivious or joking, but he says his wife is so selfless. She is insisting that I go to him vention and not worry about her. Well himvention's in May, so I'm not sure if that was a typo or or if he's just and like, I'm not gonna make it to hamcasion because of Valentie's Day. But okay, good for you, buddy. I don't know the end that his timate could go either way.
Speaker 4: So gray Man, Poda, I hope that in February you're not driving to Dayton. I hope that you're coming down to Orlando. How about that?
Speaker 1: That is true?
Speaker 3: So he made the wrong turn somewhere, right, Yeah, I made.
Speaker 4: A left turn in Aberquerque, left turn at Albuquerque.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, all right, Michael, go ahead, man? What else? What else you got for us?
Speaker 3: Other things? Was? We do have the stuff that the associated items during casion. So we have the Florida Contest dinner of course on Friday night that infos on the website. We have a kit bill with Joe Eisenberg on Wednesday night, and that's gonna be a good one. He's actually doing a vertical like almost like a Poda style antenna. So which is a good one. That'd be a good turnout. You have to sign up for it. There is still space available, so if you go under the website. The other one that y'all probably already know about it, of course you'll probably be there. I believe it's the fourth annual PoTA meetup, So there's info on the website on that one, and you do have to register for that one because there's some new park rules here in the i think the whole country does not Florida that you have to kind of register to do it apparently. Yeah, so the info is on the website on that. Also, we do have an Oxcom class again this year. It's Monday through Wednesday, so anybody that's looking for Oxcom, they still have space available for that, so go on the website and you can find that info also, Okay, And then Sunday we are having a Skywine Spoder class on Sunday, so if you're interested in becoming a skyworn spotter, you do not have to be local. It is being done by one of the local offices here, but they are covering just more than the stuff that they usually cover for our Florida type of stuff, so they are covering stuff for other areas of the country also for the Skyworn Spotter training and also on Sunday. It is also a free date. You do not have to have a hamdcasion ticket to come in, so if you're coming just for the spoder class, you can come for it. You do not have to pay cool.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, that's good. That's good, okay, sweet, Yeah, under forum speakers down here, we got event infos, a lot of stuff under event info on the website here, so yes, we'll find a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: And then all the forums are upddate on the website. There are lots of forums there were as soon as we get updates, we're actually updating them. So that is a live running for the forums.
Speaker 1: Good. Okay, how does the how does the RV reservations look as compared to last year?
Speaker 3: It's right on par with last year? So last year I think we hit don't quote me about and fifteen and we're right on part with that. So for RV's it's good. So people still traveling.
Speaker 4: So yeah, when is the last day that you can sign up for an RV spot? Do you guys have a cutoff?
Speaker 3: We do so on the website on January thirty first, all sales will end for anything on the website other than the banquet. You can still buy banquet tickets after that, but for anything after that point, tickets, RV swaps, all that will be shut down and then you would have to actually buy it at the the gate basically, but we've never ran out. We still have swap tables available, so tailgate of course is available, so yeah, we can accommodate yet the gate.
Speaker 4: Gotcha good?
Speaker 1: Okay, do you get your reservation yet, Kyle?
Speaker 4: No, That's why I was asking the question.
Speaker 1: I know you posted the chat a couple of weeks ago and You're like, I haven't even made my reservation yet. I'm like, well, I'm gonna think about it.
Speaker 4: January thirty. First, I'm gonna make my RV reservation. I guarantee you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that sounds about right.
Speaker 3: Okay. So the other big thing too this year, every year we've been able to use W one aw Strop four Slash four for our special event station. But actually this year it is falling in the ARL two hundred and fifty America contact all fifty states contests, and actually ham Case will count for one of those contacts. So if you contact W ONEAW Slash four deering him, it will count as a Florida contact for the contest.
Speaker 1: Nice. Okay. I think I worked Dash four like a couple of weeks ago when we were on PODA.
Speaker 3: Did you. Yeah, it started probably about a month ago. I think different areas, but they have a schedule on their website and it shows each operator and where they are and then the time they're actually scheduled that will count toward the contact.
Speaker 1: Okay, good to know. Yeah, that'd be a fun thing to do, I think. So all right, well, how how did ticket sales look?
Speaker 3: Ticket sales are good. So pre sales is right on par with last year, if not a little better. So yeah, really good. And I do know also with all the new vendors we have for the first time this year, if you remember, the North Building which is where the ticket booth is, that whole center is all boosts this year, so we actually totally filled up the North Hall with denders this year, which is good.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 3: Yes, So, and then the other thing that's going live this coming week, the ARL Events app is actually going live, so that will have all the information pretty much it's on our website, on all the forums. Everything there will actually be on that app. Also during ham Cashion if you want to track who wins prizes stuff like that, all that will be on there also for the hourly winners.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Michael, what was the do you remember what the attendance was last year?
Speaker 3: Tendess last year I believe was twenty three thousand and something.
Speaker 4: Gotcha, that's a lot of people. That's a lot of hamds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that sounds that sounds right.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's not that's not a record, but it's getting up there close to being a record, right.
Speaker 3: Right Prior to the year, prior to COVID was actually our record than after COVID when we come back in twenty twenty one, we were down, but we're starting to grow back up toward that record again, right. I think twenty five thousand, six hundred, seven hundred was actually our record in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty seven thousand, Okay, okay, good good. So a couple of questions from the chat. Dave is asking, now, you may not know about this, and that's okay, we may need to ask somebody else about this. But have you heard anything about a custom mestatastic firmwhere I don't think? Okay, okay, tell.
Speaker 3: Us about they are working on it. We will put out more information once it's there, but I do know we will have different they're working on I think three different meantastic nodes to be put around the pairgrounds. So, but it is in the works.
Speaker 1: Yes, I remember there were two three last year. I can't. I can't remember if we had custom firmware last year or not.
Speaker 3: I don't think we did, but this year there is. They are working on it.
Speaker 1: I think we just changed from from long fast to like short fast and change one other change it to like two hops instead of three, and I think that was it. But yes, but I mean we get custom firm where for him mentioned, so I'm excited to see what custom fermwhere they come up for him. Casions so good. I'm looking forward to try to trying that out. Good. The other thing is uh and prep Paan Paul is asking is it r V only or can you tint camp? And I know what the answer was last year, but go ahead if I don't know if it's changed or not.
Speaker 3: It has not. Unfortunately, in the city of Orlando, you're not allowed to camp from a tent. Uh. It's not our rules, it's not the fairgrounds rules, it's a city ordinance. Okay, so yes, you cannot do that, even on private property.
Speaker 1: But you could can't. You could camp in a tent if the tentp is attached to your vehicle. Is that still correct?
Speaker 3: Correct? So if you have a pickup truck, you can put a tent in the back of the pickup truck. The tent just cannot be on the ground.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, Okay, good to know? Good to know? Okay, sweet, Okay, any more questions in the chat you guys, go ahead and let us know. Michael, what else.
Speaker 3: Let's see here, there's I to think of other stuff that's coming up. I do know there will be a big announcement coming out. I was hoping to have it by the night. I just can't talk about it yet. So, but that will be coming out here probably with the next couple of days. We'll be doing a huge social media blast on it, so keep your eyes open for that. So and that will be one of those affiliated event type of things also for that one, so it'd be huge.
Speaker 1: Good. So, is there some you guys have a mailing list of people can sign up for to keep up with that?
Speaker 3: Yes, we do. So if you go to the front page of the website, scroll all the way to the bottom, there's a spot there that says hamcas for the latest information. You can sign up there for our mailing list. So, and we don't send out stuff all the time to it more. It's like a newsletter, so we wait until we get several items to send out, then we'll send it out that.
Speaker 1: Away, gotcha, okay, yep, hamcation dot Com. I just put the link in the chat scroll down to the bottom. That's where you'll see this form right here.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: And lots of sponsors this year, gigaparts, rivetus DX Engineering. We're in works up with actually a couple more right now coming on, So lots of stuff going on there. We do have talking so if you're traveling in in a vehicle so you can talk to us, we will be on analog with voice. And also d Star information is on the website for that, okay, So.
Speaker 1: Trying to find that.
Speaker 3: It's gonna actually be under the info attending hmcasion.
Speaker 1: Top on top one there, okay, there we go, and.
Speaker 3: Then it should be right there at the top under talking so.
Speaker 1: Yeah talk in section yeah, ye okay.
Speaker 3: So we'll actually be on that. Then we'll be on the local d Star repeater locally also, so and I believe that one's monitoring thirty seven Charlie thirty.
Speaker 1: Seven okay, all right, good, yeah, so cool.
Speaker 4: Michael, should they and then we will have the you're still on that page.
Speaker 3: The other thing you can listen for is the AM six y ten. We will have that again this year, so it's a radio broadcast that's actually broadcasting on six' ten, am so tune to. That any special announcements anything like. That traffic advisories will put up there for around the fairgrounds if anything changes coming, in plus all the normal information to be up there about the. Show and then another thing further, down if you want Hamd casion, apparel you can order a hand cas apparel from right. There it is done Through Gold Medal. Idea, so and that's actually our logo for this, year for The love Of Amateur. Radio so that's actually our official theme for this. Year so it is On Valentine's, day so you can actually get that.
Speaker 1: For The love of Amateur. Radio all, Right, kyle do you have a.
Speaker 4: QUESTION i noticed you guys have A twitter. Account do you guys post information on Your twitter or is that something people should? Follow?
Speaker 3: Yes, So, Facebook, twitter And.
Speaker 5: Instagram it's AT handcasi, okay and we post all three of, them. Gotcha our social media public relations guy posts everything to, it so yes we.
Speaker 4: Do, okay very, good.
Speaker 1: Good i'm following it. ALREADY i should, be but, YEAH i am, good, okay, Sweet well how far? OUT i don't. KNOW i, mean this is probably the same answer. Everywhere but do they have a weather prediction yet for that? Weekend it's it's two or three weeks, away so it's probably gonna change nine.
Speaker 3: Times but, yeah, HONESTLY i haven't looked at. IT i try not to because it just upsets. Me and just LIKE i tell, people the state Of florida is so unpredictable. SOMETIMES i, mean you could be thirty degree in the morning at eighty in the afternoon and it could be raining one, minute and five minutes later the sun can be. Out, yeah so it's one of those. THINGS i try to wait until a little closer to try to even look at that.
Speaker 1: INFORMATION i don't blame, you.
Speaker 4: Okay my experience is if it LOOKS i, mean if there's any indication of, rain bring a, raincoat bring an, umbrella and just be. Prepared but the nice thing About florida is it only rains for like fifteen minutes and then it's. Done that's, true.
Speaker 3: True, True, so and we do have the three large, buildings so there's a lot of stuff you can do. Indoors all the forms are actually inside, also so if it does start, raining there's plenty of area to get and take cover under why the rain is. Happening so, yeah and then the other THING i forgot to mention also is. Testing we are doing testing again this. Year this year we have actually something a little, different so we have partnered with WFIVE yi and we are actually doing no charge for, testing so you can come to a show take your. Test there's no charge at. All but here's the nice part about. It if you're a student twenty five years or younger and show proof of you are a, student WFIVE yi will cover YOUR fcc fee for getting your amateur radio, license so you can get your license totally for. Free you will not have to pay nothing if you're actually a student twenty five or, younger and that's for your licensees. Only that's.
Speaker 1: Great, yeah that is, awesome good. Deal how many people do you typically test any? Year does it vary or is it the number kind of you, know the?
Speaker 3: Average don't quote. ME i think last year they said the average over both days is around one.
Speaker 4: Sixty oh my, gosh per day total.
Speaker 3: Between both total, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Total, yeah that's still a really good. Number that's a very.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah AND i think they said last year about half of them were actually, new so taking.
Speaker 1: Their peck Last, okay, wow, good? Okay. Uh jeff is asking when is the early ticket drawing for people who bought tickets. Early i'm not sure what he's talking, about but you probably.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah the early bird drawing is done usually the first day of ham cash, uh and THEN i contact the winner at that point for the Early bird.
Speaker 4: Prize, Okay, michael remind, me do you have to be present to win a? Prize? What what's the deal with the prizes and being? Present all?
Speaker 3: Right so, prizes your Early, bird Your, Friday saturday And sunday grand, prizes we will melt to. You any of the hourly prizes have to be picked up before twelve noon On sunday or we rewraffle them one time at that. Point?
Speaker 4: Gotcha?
Speaker 1: Good? Okay what is the grand prize this?
Speaker 3: Year we're actually still in works on, that so it should be announced this coming.
Speaker 1: Week, Okay, okay, right that's.
Speaker 4: Fine i'm waiting for you guys to raffle off a d expedition to, like you, know places THAT i see on On windows screen. Savers that's that's WHERE i want to.
Speaker 1: Go i'd be done with. That it's not a bad.
Speaker 4: Idea you know Those fiji you, know the ones that are on the water right. There, yeah and then you just show up and your antenna has already you, know ran for, you and all you have to do is just set in your your little mosquito hammock and. Operate.
Speaker 3: Yeah but some of THOSE dx, EXPEDITIONS i see you really don't want to go to, them that's.
Speaker 4: True, yeah, YEAH i remember.
Speaker 3: One of them a couple of years. Ago they were like in a boat going across somewhere and they had the issues and all that kind of stuff was happening to. Them i'm, like and it was the only way to get.
Speaker 4: THERE i guess you guys won't be raffling off of A d expedition To, bobet. Right that's that that won't be in the.
Speaker 1: Mix.
Speaker 4: Right oh my.
Speaker 1: GOODNESS i was going to say something, political And i'm. NOT i decided against. It so it might be a good time to go To, Venezuela that's All i'm gonna. Say but, yeah, yeah but a the expedition would be. Fun those are quite quite entertaining for. Sure, yeah all, right, uh, okay what anything, Else, Mike that's a lot of really good INFO i appreciate to the only other.
Speaker 3: THING i, Got the biggest thing is please thank all the volunteers that. Volunteer there's four to five hundred volunteers that it takes to put on the, show and we always need. Volunteers you can still volunteer for HAMD. Cas so if you don't want to pay for a, ticket you can volunteer for four hours and get a free hand cation. Ticket so, yeah so please. Volunteer we start On, monday the week of hand, cas and run all the way To. Sunday so if you want to volunteer before the, event if you're in town, EARLY i want to get that free. Ticket that's a way to get a free. Ticket and then if you have nothing to do or get tired of the show and want to take a break and volunteer and do something a little different and learn what it's like to be on the opposite side of a, show please. Volunteer we need lots of.
Speaker 4: Help what are some of the jobs that people could volunteer?
Speaker 3: For all, right so if you go to hammcasion dot com under Event. Info there's a spot there that says volunteer once you click, that so we have commercial volunteer for commercial. Vendors there's forms volunteer which help out at The forbes, area golf cart driver if you want to help with transport and people around, hospitality so for, us like the vendors have a hospitality. Area we do feed volunteers if they work all day, long eight, hours so we have a hospitality area for. That it, logistics ticket sales is a good. One prize And Info Booth volunteer a R v volunteer out in R v helping to check in, people helping. People park security is one of the big ones that we need the most volunteers For special event station if you want to help set up and operate the special event. Station swamps tailgate talking is another one that we need lots of volunteers for just help talk to people on the, radio help them get into the. Show a lot of. Things most comic questions in there's, wins the show, open when it's, closed where's the prize? Barrel stuff like that people call in. For and of course if you're a ve WITH w five Y i you can volunteer for. Testing so there's lots of, opportunities and on that, website if you click on to any one of, those it actually gives a description of each, one what we're looking for and what the actual position. Entels, cool, good.
Speaker 1: A lot of.
Speaker 3: Stuff, yep, yeah pick today you want to volunteer and all that on. There so and then once you, volunteer ever who you volunteer for will contact you and actually schedule the time for that day when you would like to. Volunteer, gotcha, okay? Perfect?
Speaker 1: Cool, WELL i have lots of fun at Ham cash every, year so this is a really great. Show someone was asking how it compared To dayton in the. Chat it's it's it's a bit, smaller but not so much that you, notice and quite, frankly if you're into R v and camping and uh not tent camping in the traditional sense tent camping on a vehicle camping something like, that the spot here is much much larger than what it is at Him. Vention Him vention has a very limited area and you have to get on a waiting list to get AN rv, spot but there's lots of room in The Hamcash fairgrounds to do. Camping. Stuff SO i think the camping experience is probably one of the best ones out there, myself because you're just right there in the show and get out of THE rv in the, morning walk in and go to the. Show so it's it's got a it's it's a good.
Speaker 3: One. Yeah the paragrounds is actually eighty three acres of. Area we actually use all eighty three.
Speaker 1: Acres, YEAH i imagine you. Do, Sheesh, Yeah, cole this is your first year camping, there.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah i've always stayed at The Rosen So i'm gonna attach the the R v and and bring it down and, yeah it's gonna be. COOL I the one thing THAT i like about Ham cash is we kind of have our compound, there but we've got a compound at Hand vention, Too but the compound a Ham cash seems to be you, know everyone brings their r vs and everyone's all in all in kind of a, circle and it's it's very communal and we just kind of hang out there and, uh people come and go as they please and say hello and and uh then at night we kind of get together and eat a little eat a little dinner and just it's a really cool Time.
Speaker 1: Yep it. IS i really enjoyed. That last year was the first YEAR i ever camped, there AND i really really enjoyed. That so look forward to doing that again this. Year it's going to be a fun, time AND i know that there's going to be you And dave and a couple other people are coming for the first year to camp this.
Speaker 4: Year, Uh jake is a ck he's, coming but he's he'll be there last. Year, yeah, yeah he.
Speaker 1: Camp, yeah he's camped the last two or three. Years, Yeah SO i THINK i think it depends on his work. Schedule he's got to get a certain amount of pictures, taken and the weather has to cooperate with him. First But i'm pretty sure That i'm pretty sure he's he's usually there for him. Casion so, YEAH i DON'T i can't ever keep up with the schedule.
Speaker 4: Though but and you, can so remind me you. CAN i, mean you have to buy the, ticket but you can come into the R v section On, wednesday, Right Michael Good.
Speaker 3: CORRECT rv opens for RV's to start coming in On. Wednesday. Yeah the official time IS i believe at one. O'clock but as soon as we get everything in, position we try to open the gates as early as possible to start getting the RVs. In so most of the RV's i would probably say half of them come in On, wednesday and you can imagine having one hundred plus RVs sitting outside the fairgrounds lined up trying to get. In so open as soon as postible On. Wednesday my goal is nine, Am so the last couple of YEARS i was pretty close to that within ten to fifteen. Minutes but, yeah so, yeah So, Wednesday, thursday RVs come Or wednesday RV's come. In, thursday your tailgators come, in and Then friday opens to the. Show you CAN rv tailgate, also so if you want to sell stuff from YOUR, rv we do have areas along the roadside that's closer in away from the main, RVs so you can actually sell stuff from YOUR. Rv so we do HAVE rv tailgate spots. Also good, cool.
Speaker 1: GOOD i want to say we. ARRIVED i met up with a C k on the road in Northern, florida AND i want to say we arrived about eleven am last, year and we just we got we got right. IN i think there was one guy in line in front of us and and we went in there and he had HIS rv AND i had rented one that got delivered a couple hours. Later SO i just drove my truck in and we camped out or scoped out our. Spot and the guy who was delivering MY, rv he called me when he got, there AND i just rode up there and showed him where to come. Back and it was it was fairly fairly simple and easy to get. Into they were running running the entry gate very very well last, year very easy to get. Through my dog has something to. Say she's actually that's my older, Dog. Duchess she's a little bit off her. Nut she's just, yeah she's getting old and. Senile but it's just speaking Of SO i had a e lecture there last, year And i'll bring her again this. Year, kyle what are you doing With? Pixie she's.
Speaker 4: Coming the canine dog is COMINGG ca nine.
Speaker 1: Dog, yeah good, good we'll have. That have some a section for them as, WELL i guess right yea so, good, Okay, well anything?
Speaker 3: ELSE i think that's about. It just hope to see everybody In. February it's, thirteenth, fourteenth fifteenth is the dates of. It so for everybody up north come To florida enjoy some a little bit warmer. Weather our average temperature during Ham cashon is usually around seventy, five.
Speaker 1: So it was quite. Nice last. Year the weather was. Fantastic it was a little bit warm during the. Day it was a little bit warm if you're From minnesota during the day for tech FOR us In, texas it was it was just almost. Perfect but it was like it was like t shirt, weather like t shirts and shorts weather during the, day and THEN i think it got like, cool LIKE i say, cool like sixties at night something like. That not cold at, All LIKE i don't remember putting on a jacket or. Anything so it was pleasant the entire weekend last. Year so fingers. CROSSED i think it rained once but not very. Often, yeah fingers. Crossed we have those temperatures again this. Year but that's. Typical that's that's kind of typical For florida In. February IF i recall, correctly it.
Speaker 4: Is it's better than. Here it's twelve, here twelve, one two.
Speaker 1: Twelve we asked everyone to put their temperatures in the chat before you got, Here, kyle so somebody said it was negative twenty seven where they, were And i'm, like just stay, there just don't bring that stuff down here at. All sheesh so. Bad, yeah oh, yeah, gosh that's. Insane but all, right, well it's gonna be a fun time if you have an opportunity to travel To orlando a couple of, weeks, two but like three. WEEKS i do highly recommend. It it's it's always a fun. Times one of my favorite shows of the. Year and WHEN i camped last, YEAR i expanded on my enjoyment of the show BECAUSE i liked that even better than staying in a hotel and having a drive in every. Day so the camp camping is like the camping and hang out with everybody's almost as good as the. Show Ham casion's got a lot to, offer so it's not as good as the, show but it does definitely add to the enjoyment of the entire weekend to just kind of hang out there and camp with.
Speaker 3: Everybody so so, really and that's what a lot of the people FROM rv. Does there's lots of there's the R V network radio network that goes. There they have their meetings every, year so there's lots OF rv guys that do the same. Thing it's that's their meeting point every.
Speaker 1: Year, yeah, yep, yep don't blame. Them it's it's a good H it's a good place to do it for. Sure well, good, Okay, well we're looking forward to. It definitely going to be there in two or three, weeks And, Michael i'll come find you and we'll talk about some stuff and let me know if you need anything between now and. Then all, right sounds, good and you know THAT i appreciate your time. TONIGHT i appreciate. You appreciate you guys putting this on every. DAY i know it's a lot of like you, said a lot of volunteer, work but there's a lot of people that are there year round from y'all's club who put the show on.
Speaker 3: Too so, yeah, correct we actually have forty one committee members that do this almost year. Round then there's some of us that actually it's almost like a full time job for. Us but, yeah so, yeah on top of the four hundred, volunteers there's still forty one of us that actually run all the.
Speaker 1: Committees, Right, well you guys do a great job at. It i've been very impressed with it every Time i've been, there and really appreciate it for the great assets to THE ham radio. Community So i'm really glad that you guys are keeping it.
Speaker 3: Going thank. You.
Speaker 1: Yep cool, Time, yeah very. Good so all, right, guys we will stop it there for the. Night a little bit shorter than, normal but that's. Okay, PAUL i, Know, paul you're in the. Chat do you, Have, paul if you have a live? Stream paul usually goes live about eight, thirty which is about forty five minutes from, Now So, paul if you have a live stream that you're gonna go live with here in a little, bit feel free to share that link in the. Chat you, guys go check Out paul's live stream and then go Catch kyle's team replay FOR i Share, radio which is some new software that's remote control for agnostic. Radio in other, words everything not limited To, flex not limited To icon or, anybody but it'll work on, everything so gonna be gonna be a fun thing to use there as. Well so cool. Stuff, yep Thanks kyle for your time tonight as.
Speaker 4: Well thank.
Speaker 1: You all, right, guys we will see you next. Time seventy three all hope to see you In orlando in a few. Weeks tell me there right later to
Speaker 3: Be three huttott something