Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: In the games, Mike the Bulldog Beyond You.
Speaker 3: On JRR Bulldog Sports Page brought to you by jr RS. Pick your ticket Thursday. You can get by our instagram at one oh one one w JR anytime between now and midnight if you want to get involved with that. It's pretty self explanatory. A bunch of great shows coming. You get picked, you'll choose which show you're going to, Yeah, including a summer of Loud again. That's at one oh one one w jr R on Instagram. Bulldog mentioned it earlier. You expressed an extreme level, almost a cocky level of confidence going into Game one of the Stanley Cup Finals in Edmonton last night.
Speaker 4: That's right, and it was wild in that arena last night. And the Edmonton Oilers give them credit. They erased a multi goal deficit. They beat my Florida Panthers four to three in overtime last night. On Leon dry sidles power play goal in ot we all know what happened last year. Edmonton fell behind three to zero in the series, then rallied to make it three to three, and then the Panthers won it in Game seven. Well this year, I don't know. Maybe Edmonton's trying to flip the script. I don't know, but drycidle that that was a big, big time goal in power played thirty one seconds left in overtime.
Speaker 2: But you know what, this is just what my Panthers want here we go.
Speaker 4: They want to give the Edmonton Oilers and the entire nation of Canada just a little teeny bit of hope, which will make it even sweeter when we ultimately end up crushing their Stailey Cup dreams.
Speaker 1: All right, you know, even even though the Panthers lost, I still think they played a better game. Just I actually watched the game, and well not the whole game, but most of it, and I think they just played stronger to be to be away, playing like that.
Speaker 2: Did you see the app a sphere in that arena last night? So bad?
Speaker 3: You can literally hear them from here.
Speaker 1: What do they have that mosh pit they called outside the arena?
Speaker 2: Yeah it's yeah, good lord, it was wild.
Speaker 4: So anyway, NBA Finals begin tonight Oklahoma City Thunder, Indiana Pacers twenty twenty five NBA Finals. I'm fired up for it tonight. I know a lot of people talk about the mid level markets and it's not gonna draw a big TV ready.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 4: I'm of the opinion if if you guys aren't the biggest.
Speaker 2: Basketball fans in the world, right, would you?
Speaker 1: Would you make that except for the Magic neither your united statement?
Speaker 4: Okay, So if it were the Knicks in the Lakers instead of the Pacers and the Thunders, are you gonna watch it instead? Are you any more likely to watch?
Speaker 3: I'm more inclined to watch this matchuph.
Speaker 1: Me too, because it's not the big markets.
Speaker 4: I think market size and brand are overrated in the major sports.
Speaker 2: I really do. It's the finals.
Speaker 4: Those who are gonna watch it are gonna watch it no matter what I'll use.
Speaker 2: I'll use myself as an example.
Speaker 4: I'm just as likely likely to watch tonight Thunder Pacers as I would Lakers Nicks.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna be doing a little picture and picture with the Game two of the women's softball deal?
Speaker 2: What did you see? What happened in that game last night?
Speaker 3: Explain this?
Speaker 4: Bulldog Texas Tech, Texas Texas Tech and Texas are playing in the best of three series Game one last night, and Texas Tech has the first million dollar player in college softball. We talked about her, Ni Ni Jerry Kennedy. She's their picture. She transferred from Stanford for over a million dollars. She's dominated the game last night. She's just shutting down Texas. Boom boom, boom boom. Gets to the sixth inning, Texas gets a couple runners on, and then Texas's best hitter comes up, even though she's been in a slump lately. Her the best hitter comes up, Reese Atwood. So they're intentionally walking Reese Atwood three straight balls.
Speaker 2: The fourth what would have been a ball.
Speaker 4: Atwood swings at it and hits and hits it right up the gut and scores two runs, and texasan's that, winning the game.
Speaker 2: Two to one. It's like something you've seen a movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it, stepping out, wam, sorry about how did that take?
Speaker 4: Although when you look at the pitches and believe me, I am no x'es and those expert on college softball, the pitches Kennedy were throwing, even though they were balls, they were all sort of hit able. Yeah yeah, so anyway, but in Texas ends up winning that game too. Is tonight. I love watching college softball.
Speaker 2: I really do. I have told you you guys that many times.
Speaker 1: So fast hate Pat You know how you said, it's like something you'd see in a movie. It's like a Major League with Charlie Sheen. It's like something they would happen in that in that baseball great movie. Yeah, yeah, you guys remember that. God man, the last comment and made nobody it was crickets about about your panthers being better.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm just glad you watched some of the game last night talk.
Speaker 1: I watched almost all of it, and I have one suggestion. Can we go back to where they circle the puck so known hockey, No glowing puck can follow it?
Speaker 2: No, come on, man, I was getting lost with that thing. I have a few less beers you'll fow. No, it wasn't that at all, just they need to circle the puck. Oh god, alright.
Speaker 3: Mike the Bulldog Byanchy is host of open mic weekday mornings on a Jason to US AM seven forty FM ninety six nine The Game. He takes a time out from his show to join us here for the sports page each morning on jr R. Are you lighten birthday candles? This morning?
Speaker 2: Bulldog. Happy birthday to the great John Carlos. Today huh h Lusion Daco on demand to download the iHeartRadio app