Speaker 1: We are watching you. It was damn near an eighty song. We are watching you. We are onto you, secret Ross's computer program thief, We're onto you. We're seeing what's happening. Somebody is stealing applications and programs off Ross's three computers.
Speaker 2: Dude, it makes no sense none. I'm recording a commercial today, got up early to record these spots, right, and I'm in here recording them.
Speaker 1: They're fine, I said, I send them our spots in the morning's pretty good. Yeah, send them off to the rep. Good.
Speaker 2: And then I go back to, uh, you know, record some more commercials. The program is just gone close. No, it's close close, it's off the desktop. It's gone. I'm like restarting my computer. This is like like a thirty forty minute word deal this morning.
Speaker 1: It's not easy to have to reboot the whole system. The printers, printers aren't working. They're just not like you can't print anything. Now that's not gonna happen because we print the prep packet in the morning.
Speaker 2: That was another thirty forty minutes. Then I go over. I'm like, you know, I'm gonna go over on this computer here to my right.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, soh the call screener is yeah, yeah, call Skien, which but it only does that, that's its only thing.
Speaker 2: The call s Grinner's been on the desktop for what thirteen years? Gone, like it, like it, like it never existed. Okay, I think we have a contractor ghost.
Speaker 1: It's so weird because there's nothing to be gained from any of the things you just said.
Speaker 2: Because we're doing all the construction dow the hallway, like half the building is gone. I think we have a contractor ghost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they're there. They're u or they're basically kind of revamp and all of our all of our stuff.
Speaker 2: If somebody would cut a wire they weren't supposed to cut or something, or maybe they.
Speaker 1: Like mcgruber, maybe they're just in there. I saw a timer going out. We had a lot of timers because you know, things are timed in radio. So yeah, if you've never worked in a radio station before, here you are. You got You ever open a a ceiling panel and a radio station. You've never seen so many wires in your life. It's crazy. In fact, we don't do it in the Raleigh of Greensboro stations, but in Minneapolis they had this real futuristic look where everything was open, so you like see the beams of the building and then they just had these huge like metal luges runways if you will, and it's just nothing but conduit and audio everything.
Speaker 2: That's why when I came in on Monday, and yeah, the signs are there, Hey, you know, please don't mind our we were doing all this construction mess.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's a big you know, the plastic give to walk through in the big sign here that says please you wear a hard hat or glasses that become in this area.
Speaker 1: It's like those of you at home. It's like if you ever saw a flight to the Navigator when they first walk into the hangar. It's like that, except there's no spaceship to ride around in on the other end.
Speaker 2: And I had to go in just because I wanted to see all the stuff that was open in the ceiling because it's so nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but now they're stealing programs. I don't know what's going on. It's just one of those kinds of mornings, one of those kinds of mornings. But we'll truck on. We'll do what we do because that is what we do. And on today's doing of the things that we do a few things. One eight oh five, we will talk to the new state auditor, not the old one she left, Nope, not the interim one that's gone, Nope. We will talk to mister Bullock and see how many cars he's been able to jump in gravedigger since assuming office. I'm assuming that's what they do over there, right, these monster truck cars. I didn't know what they did until last year, So I'll be curious to find out more. Or maybe he's doing some other stuff. We'll find out. That'll be an eight oh five coming up on the show. That was really weird because they reached out and they're like, hey, which is not uncommon when new people get in office. They reach out to the from media outlets and hey, I'd be available if you guys want to chat. And generally we got somebody new coming into office, well we'll do a little sit down on a state wide office like that, especially with so many concerns out there. And so they send an email and they're like, hey, yeah, we love to talk to you, and I'm like, yeah, no, we got time Wednesday and I sent it over to Ross and and then what do they ask? What do they ask?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Every time, they're like, hey, we'd like to do an interview. We're like, yeah, no problem, cool, so can you do like eight oh five on Wednesday, They're like, yeah, so what do you want to talk about?
Speaker 1: But you you email, you called me, You called me. Man, it's like somebody calling your house going hey, hey, and then just pausing, right life, figure out way you called. They're like no, no, no, no, what do you want to talk you want?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, still, I think you think we'll talk about like trying to figure out how to pen this to them, Like right, I'm like, uh, you want to talk about the activities.
Speaker 1: At the auditing office. I guess. But the problem is here's old me and I'm I'm battling it. Old me would have not responded, and then old be would have made an this is how petty I used to be and still sometimes am, And then I would have done a massive amount of research to figure out the things the individual least wants to talk about, not even from a like a scandal set. Yeah. No, I mean like if they have an irrational fear of squirrels or something. Right week, what do you think of the state the man will be in a squirrel tell me more.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of work though, yeah, yeah, yeah, no, So they bring me back and I was before I even texted you back or I was like, you know what, I'm gonna ignore this for like five hours and I'll get back to them in like five.
Speaker 1: You got to cure it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, so we'll see what I came up with. Okay, I'll be at eight oh five. Stick around for that. I need to go on the record here though, real quick. I could to kick things off. We are a week in a day. We are single digits to this new year of us of ours. Maybe we make it. Maybe even asteroid hits us later. I don't know the the amount of grande os. It's an alien invasion conspiracy theories that are currently blossoming online right now where they just pack everything, you know what it is. It's like the it's like the alien is everything theory. Do you guys know this?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: So there is there is a a stream of conspiracy theory. I guess I don't know a channel if you will, where all the all the weirdness like ghosts right, oh it's not ghost right, or demons, all of those things, the big foots, of the World, the the Exorcisms, the it's all aliens, man, and it's all like interdimensional is a serious it's all interdimensional, including aliens. I I screwed that up because there's two versions of it. But basically it's like it's like you versus colliding. So you see like specters from another universe and it all and so it all fits under one nice, neat little thing.
Speaker 2: So there's a theory that's been going around about like Bigfoot and like these supernatural creatures that you've heard for a while, right because and even UFOs you've been like, oh, they're they're from a different dimension and they're sort of blending into our our dimension. And then that's why you can't ever find Bigfoot, because he goes back to his dimension. But there's a there's a theory maybe you've heard this that the reason that happens typically at night is because it all has to do with the sort of like no, like the fear you're feeling, like when you when you don't feel exactly comfortable, you're like fearful. It takes you out of your zone and it makes you like it blends dimensions.
Speaker 1: You know, there's a lot of movie tropes like that.
Speaker 2: Which is why it tends to happen at night, because at night, right it's dark, it's scary. You go back to like the primal thing. You don't know what's out there. You know to make fire to survive, So it's like you tend to be a little bit uneasy, more uneasy night.
Speaker 1: I will tell you the weirdest stuff I've seen in my life, the most unexplainable stuff. Pitch Blackout, Pitch black, you go, Looney Tunes. Sitting at the top of a mountain in early October. It's elk season. It's three thirty in the morning. You're at nine thousand feet. It's early in the season, so that snow hasn't pushed them down yet, and you have when you're at that altitude and you have a clear sky. You've never seen a clear sky until you've seen a clear sky at altitude and you see everything moving, shooting stars, everything. It's just crazy because you're just sitting there for two hours waiting for the light to come up to see if an elk was dumb enough to stand within a couple hundred yards you. That's all at night and scary during the day. So my point is this. Maybe it's all done, maybe this won't be a problem. But if it's not, and we're going to do this thing, all three hundred and well, I guess it's the normal year. This year, all three hundred and sixty five. I am at my peak capacity of comedians doing podcasts, going what happened? Well, I was just making Trump jokes. You all thought I was making fun of you, But I love you and I would never do that thing. I'm done with him. Yeah, dude, they're full of crap. I'm so done with this already. Jim Gaffigan is the one who's probably getting the most pub now, but Jack Black was doing this too, And.
Speaker 2: Jim Gaffigan's been dead to me for a while. It's because he never got political. It was one of those things where I remember Glenn Beck.
Speaker 1: Tow's pocket guy, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Glenn Beck talking about it, like Glenn Beck liked him because he had no idea what his politics was. And then it was like what two or three years ago, you log onto Twitter at the Times and he's like turning into Patton Oswald and he's having a complete meltdown and calling like half the country like special needs and like drop you know.
Speaker 1: Gaffigan called literally half the country a bunch of differences. Yeah, I'm not even gonna repeat what he said, so to say it's just making Trump jokes. No, no, you weren't. And Jack Black, I don't believe because here's what I battle with. Do people do we need to be able to I've been wrong? Right? Uh? Police body cameras is the big example I use. I was stopped because you know what I thought. I thought it was unfairly burdening, unfairly burdening law enforcement officers in kind of opposition to the innocent, util proven guilty side of things, right, or you're just making that assumption. And then I talked to a lot of law enforcement officers like, no, man, we want them. This is the best thing that happens. A lot of the officers were buying them before. We need to make sure the legal process is there so people can't just scoop out five seconds. We have no recourse. And I was willing to. I was willing to say, you know what, you know what, you guys are making a lot of sense and change my position. Not because it made my tour come back, okay, but because I honestly and I think there needs to be room out there, So I battle with it. When I look at Jim Gaffigan, who, much like Ross, was pointing out like I didn't know anything about his politics until Trump came around. He was the hot pocket guy. Just he was on the goofy your end of comedians. He was a comedian too. You could probably play in front of your kids, which you know, some comedians you can, some you can't. Gaff again, you can do that whole bit in front of your kids probably laugh their butts off. So I don't. The problem is I don't believe you. I don't believe that Jack Ross. Do you believe Jack back Black's motivation is because he had to come to Jesus moment and thought that maybe some of his fans were set.
Speaker 2: No, it's again, it wasn't Jack Black that said the thing on stage ready, it was the other guy.
Speaker 1: Was Kyle Gash, his partner. But Jack Black responded without saying anything negative.
Speaker 2: You know what happened to as you were on stage, one of you said something really still right, and then you're which.
Speaker 1: By the way, you know he's probably said a lot worse in the green room.
Speaker 2: Right, if you're saying that on stage with your bandmate or whatever, or your co host or whatever you're doing. Yeah, you've had those conversations before, so you slipped it out. However, when you did that, you weren't you know, it's a different environment than it was even two years ago. Like that pendulum from the left of the right has swung right. We're sort of like going in an anti woke direction out thank god. So you make this like assassination joke. What do you say, like, hopefully the guy won't miss next time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, immediately time they won't miss.
Speaker 2: Instead of people laughing and patting you in the back, they cancel your entire tour. Now you're feeling it in your wallet and you're like, oh well, now I'm feeling remorseful.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think Black just had a movie come out, didn't He wasn't he one of the big Christmas movies that one of the story that was awful. It's horrible. Oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: We talked about it about the boy who writes the Santa, but he accidentally writes the Satan and he plays he plays Satan. We watched it for like an hour or.
Speaker 1: Like we keep by the way, it could be a hilarious premise if it was done in the night.
Speaker 2: To be fair, he was good in the movie. It was everybody else was awful. Uh well, but yeah, you're right. I don't believe you were talking about Mark Zuckerberg yesterday and like his his apparent transition, and I believe Mark Zuckerberg because you can see those pivot points along the way, right he said after Trump was shot at and survived the assassination.
Speaker 1: He's the photo. Yeah, he said that was the.
Speaker 2: Most one of the most badass things you ever seen. And you know you can you can find these pivot points along the way when it comes to these like John Cryer or Jim Gaffigan.
Speaker 1: Don't believe John cry There's no hope for that dude. If you saw any of his little Bill Mark clips from the interview the other day, Bill mars like treating him like a toddler who got hit in the head with a rock at birth.
Speaker 2: And it's not the differing in opinions. I can handle a differing opinion. It's a matter of the incredible arrogance they they're so confident, but they're so wrong simultaneously that it's off putting.
Speaker 1: And you're wrong about stuff. You want to be wrong about the moon landing, I'll find you amusing, right, Hey, I want to hear what you have to say, and there will be no hostility if if you don't want to make it hostile, I won't make it hostile with John Cryer, you're sitting there with with Bill Maher, who is again, there isn't a conservative bone in Bill Maher's body in anything that I've ever heard him expouse, with maybe the exception of being a lot more forward thinking on what you know, all this Caliphate stuff does, right, and uh yeah, these people are trying to murder us and it's not cool, right, And you're like, hey, what if what if y'all come live with us, will you not want to murder us? Then? Whoopsie, you still want to murder us some of you. Yeah. Yeah. So when when mar Like gave up trying to convince Crier of just really basic things, that was all the clips I could watch. But dude, man, the Jim Gaffigan stuff I got, I just I have no energy for it. I don't and I hate it.
Speaker 2: It's sad because he showed up on Netflix or whatever it was, and you know mine, he check out the New Jim Gaffigan Special, and if it was like two three years ago, been like, yeah, well check that out, watching it around my kid, it'll be fine, And I'm like, nope, no interest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I mean, they're not gonna go away, but yeah, how do you determine that somebody really has figured it out? See? I got people email me Zucherberg's nothing but a weasel slithering out it. Maybe I don't know if I'm convinced one way or the other, and I don't know how to deal with it. But again I don't. I if people i'd make fun of Roy Cooper, who, by the way, he sent me like ten emails asking for money yesterday, because again I sign up for all this stuff, or Josh Stein pretending like he just figured out something happened to Western North Carolina's gonna take credit for doing something about it. Wait, I can. I can criticize Cooper and short round there. But if at any point during all that FEMA stuff, if they had come out and be like, what the hell's going on with these houses? Why are they sitting at the airport? What are we doing here? I wouldn't I wouldn't have been critical of them because I'd be like, thank you for paying attention to this. Of course it didn't happen, but uh, you know what, we'll take a break, be right back. Rosse you still eat the cookies. I don't know with your current diet stuff, is it dangerous? Girl Scout cookies? And I pretty much eat whatever I want? Okay, what's your favorite cookie, by the way, Girl Scout cookie? Yes? Or just like cookie in general? No, Girl Scout cookie.
Speaker 2: I like that thin mints, but I also like the samos. I don't think we can call them simoens anymore, but they're samoans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, something else. Then they had s'mores, the peanut butter. Well, I don't know all of them. They're not really a sweet skuy per se I did. The other thing I love most about Girl Scout Cookies is one avoiding coworkers on that uh and two uh and the dude uh. I don't know if it's the owner or whatever, but the guy who works I'm pretty sure. I think he lives in the VP by the station here, him and his brother and just sleep in the back. And they're from Ghana and they're very cool actually, but his name's Moustafa anyway, where that dude buys girls scout cookies now and then he waits for you all to eat him, and then he sells them on the counter for like double price and then people flip out. I love that. I love I love capitalism of play, Like, well, maybe you should have bought more cookies, fatso wouldn't have to pay Mustafa seven dollars for that bag. But I that's that's where. That's where that's at, and watching people lose their minds when cookies come and go, and apparently two of them are going. So h stay tuned to find out if it's your flavor. All right, okay, so uh let me go here, shall we. It's not going well out in California. The the fires, now, there's three of them. I don't know if they're all hobo fires, but I wouldn't be surprised. There was a wild video out there. Ross hadn't even seen this. Actually, there's a video of this homeless woman who's literally on she's on the backside of one of the big like bluffs there on the ocean, which they don't have a lot in LA but but you know, it looks very similar like what you see in North Carolina where you have to walk over the mound where they've packed the sand over the berm there and then but it's got all the dry stuff on there. This lunatic, she's that. You can see the fire in the background from Pacific Palisades, so I guess she's Santa Monica ish. The geography has failing me right now. But and this homeowner screaming at her because she's stacking like pallettes, busted palletts she stole from like the back of a wal Mart or something, lighting them on fire, going we need more fire. This guy's like, what are you screaming at her? But politely, there's some lunatic setting the berm on fire next to my house. Please is not a word that's gonna be in my vocabulary. This guy's like, you know, it's like those people punish their kid who's arsening a store. They're like, Johnny, we don't arsen stores. And let's just say, how did we get here? And there's so much craziness to it. Some people are upset because there have been some very critical, very critical Uh oh, that's great, all right, Hey, Ross, I'm getting a bunch of messages they're saying that our stream is not streaming the show. So I am not surprised. Okay, what is the first thing I told you this morning? Right? Like, I know everything's broken. Everything's broken, all right, So know that we know, and we'll tell people that are smarter than us, and maybe that'll maybe well, or maybe shut your app and reopen it if I could just be the call center guy for a moment. Okay, back to this. So anyway, people are getting upset because they were, among other things, they were mocking the fire chief out there and what's her name? Kristin Crowley? And they're like, wait, Ross, I'm gonna send something. Have you seen a picture of Kristin Crowley just carried for this? What is your problem? Oh? There we go. Are you watch your show account or no? I'm gonna send it to both of them. Roz has a secret account. You have to know him to know what it is. All right, I'm gonna send that to you. When you get a moment, open it and tell me that's not Val Kilmer. Okay, anyway, so let's let me just give me one example. Lives of TikTok tweeted meet Los Angeles fire chief Kristin Crowley, who boast about being the first female and first LGBTQ fire chief in the LA Fire Department, promoting a what what looks like?
Speaker 2: It's Val Kilmer from the latest of the latest Top Gun movie where they just show his photos on the wall because you know, he has the issue where you can't really speak anymore, so they put they put him in the movie. It was great how they put him in the movie. But anyway, you know, yeah, Maverick goes there and the photo of Val Kilmer Iceman's admiral character is up on the wall and this person looks just like Val Kilmer in that movie.
Speaker 1: So Iceman, which is a weird uh moniker for somebody who's the fire chief would point out, but a sorry, sorry, she looks like Val Kilmer. There's no hate there. She just looks like Val Kilmer the way. It's badass, Like I wish I looked like Val Kilmer, right, I know, but old Val Kilmer. I want to look my first Top Gun Val Kilma. It doesn't matter to me. Anything will be an improvement. H you get to be an admiral. So there's that. So anyway, they're very upset, like why are they tweeting that out not at this time, and I and part of me is like, I understand what you're saying, but also yes, at this time. And here's why some of the other stories we're seeing right now is they're showing up and they're trying to put out fires and there's been zero oversight and maintenance on the hydrants and the water pressure. So they're showing up to these places. And California is tricky anyway with water pressure and water access, but you have to the sustainability of the network is part of what the fire Department works with the City of Los Angeles Water department and other the other communities around the communities. This is what they work with them, not so that when there is a fire, especially in a place where fires are a thing, they have infrastructure there. And keeping in mind too that the properties that they're protecting and they're drawing taxes from are some of the most expensive in the world. And and and yet it seems like the priority of this particular fire chief in a lot of the media and stuff that I've seen passed around is is we're gonna We're gonna make sure that the LA Fire Department is the most diverse out there. It's not just LGBT, it's you know, socioeconomic and which is weird kind of how do you gauge that? And then you know your background black or brown or white or whatever like And I'm just like, I don't think the person who's houses on fire cares. I don't think they care. And if you in a very challenging environment, are not even able to maintain your own infrastructure, and yet you got time to make, you know, dancing COVID nurse style videos every week and talking about how you want to forcibly stack the diversity within your department. Man, I don't people don't feel like your eyes on the ball. This is what's so much of this that is getting ready to happen and is currently happening. This this transition is weirdness that you feel right now where companies are going like McDonald's just days, it's like, why are we doing this DEI stuff? McDonald's might be the least it might be the company with the least necessity to do it. Is there is there is there any racial or social stigma LGBT or men versus women or any of the divisive stuff. Is there is there any even stereotype of McDonald's being a place where white people go, or black people go, or brown people go, or gay people go.
Speaker 2: I mean the latest McDonald's. The latest stereotype would be that they never get your order right now.
Speaker 1: That would be it. So if they could fix that, that'd be amazing. No no, no no, but I mean like the makeup of the staff there or the customers who go. Nobody cares. Everybody's slumming it, okay, And I don't want to say that. I got no disrespect for McDonald's on that. Give me, give me a double quarter pounder every now and then. I'm down. I even ate it when they said the onions would kill you, I'm like, you're not stopping me. I want what I'm gonna have. I just ordered the onions, frosted a whole thing onions. I ate it. Maybe I just did it. Not a coward, yeah, crazy, Yeah. Nobody cares about this. And when their homes are on fire, they don't care. They want two things. They want to know that whoever's in there, whether it's this Val Kilmer look alike or a man or somebody doesn't want to give you their pronouns or a green marshal that what they care about when your house is on fire, The only thing you care about is putting your house out, right. I know that we could do some like hollywooded nineteen forties movie where you know it's like deep set out like Mississippi outside Oxford, Mississippi, homes on fire and for firefighters show up, one of them is black, and then some redneck in overall is going you get down of here with your black firefighter right right. And you could, but even in that situation like can you put my house out please, nobody cares about all of this stuff when their house is on fire. And you have challenges that are unique to your department, specifically because of how water works in California, it's crazy, and wildfires in California are I grew up with fires, Okay, fires out When you live essentially in a national force and you live in a really lett it burned permissive environment, we have fires all the time. I was just talking. We had a fire, a fire that just they just got all of it here. Like two weeks ago, we had a fire up there outside of Wyoming, up by where my brother and his wife live. And it's and and so you like you're constantly trying to figure out what the wind's doing where you're at. What should you evacuate? You go stay with your aunt and uncle, should you get some stuff out of your house? What should you do? Like that was part in California. It's like that, but in an urban environment it's really weird. And during my time in California, when I was a little kid, my grandparents who had already moved there, they almost lost their house during a fire called the Painted Cave Fire, which was, I want to say, in the eighties, late eighties, early nineties. But we had fires when I was at school in California, and they're like they're just a thing, but they're a thing where the fire because so we had a fire where if you go south of Santa Barbara, you go through what's called Carpenterrhea and then you eventually get to Ventura and now you're kind of in the La Metro one thousand Oaks and Chatsworth and all that there, and they we had a fire that started up in like a Yaviota burn all the way up the top of the of the mountains there, the coastal mountains there, and decided one day the winds were just right. It was basically going to start from the top of the mountain and the winds were flowing straight west, and in a course of an hour, it moved five miles inland, jumped the freeway, jump the one on one and the one on ones right at the coast, jumped it just so it could burn everything on the small, little other side of the hill there before you hit the ocean. Yeah, the thing, I was ready. Yesterday.
Speaker 2: They were saying it was crazy, nine o'clock at night less thing. They were saying it was traveling so fat, it was like three football fields of really twenty seconds.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I had never seen anything like it. Fires move fast up in uh you know where I grew up. But this is something different because it doesn't have to stick around and burn for that long, because it's not like a forest full of Douglas firs. Right.
Speaker 2: I was watching an interview at I think it was with Josh Brolin, and he was talking to because I guess he moved out of California whatever, And he said one of the reasons why he was talking to his buddy, who was like a big a big big shot like fire firefighter guy whatever, like knew what he's talking about. He said, all you need to do in this certain area of the world is have the breeze come in a certain way and have the right sort of and the whole it'll just take out the entire the entire everything's.
Speaker 1: Dry all the time. It's it's it's dry. And even though you have all these houses around, there's so many wis. They have water restrictions that I thought were draconian in the nineties when I went there for school, Like I remember, they're like because we had a little bit of grass and my landlord was like, do not water this at during the daytime and he can only do it like this day of the week. And he's like, please don't cause a fine was so massive. You don't want to get fine because of his tenants. And I understood it. And so yeah, as soon as this stuff hits, it goes and I remember what So to my point with it jumping the freeway, they were reporting on the news like they would report a traffic jam, like, ah, if you're headed south on the what one out of Montecito, before you get to Summerland and Carpenteria, there's gonna be a giant fireball crossed the freeway at some point this afternoon, so you probably shouldn't go there. That's how this stuff works. So it takes eye on the ball. It takes the best in the world if you're in a very fire prone area dealing with a lot of unique circumstances. So that's why people are upset. Job number two. If you're gonna be a reporter and you want to make your bones in the number two media market in the country, which is Los Angeles, New York's number one. Los Angeles is number two, good for you. You have climbed the pinnacle of your career. You should probably know who the actors are because if not, you're just gonna make me feel old and stupid. Okay, you should know who the actors are, and I know you're not gonna have all of them, But if you don't know, like I know actors from before I was born Horn and arguably the actor I'm going to bring up here, really I was a really little kid when he was in his prime. But like, you gotta know, and you have to assume when you're standing in a Pacific Palisades neighborhood with ten million dollar homes that you might run into some actors because this dude had no idea who he was talking to. And it's clear even though you can't hear, it's clear to me. And if you think about it, that there's some producer back at you know, in the van or back at the station screaming in this dude's year at some point. Listen to this insane interview.
Speaker 5: You're Palisades Drive. If anybody has a car and they leave the car, leave the keys in the car so that we can move your car so that these fire trucks can get up Palistrades Drive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, are you picking up on this? This is why I didn't want to set it out. I'm gonna play that part again. So that's the voice of the person being interviewed.
Speaker 2: Anybody our age knows exactly who that is by the voice.
Speaker 1: You don't need to see, just by the voice. Yeah, yeah, pretty quie. All right, So if I know it's a release, So I'm gonna play that part again. We'll play the whole clip though, but before before the guy because you'll hear him give his name because he's asked for it. See if you can figure it out here In the next about it's about fifteen twenty seconds in here we go. Listen closely.
Speaker 5: You're on Palisades Drive. If anybody has a car and they leave their car, leave the keys in the car so that we can move your car so that these fire trucks can get up Palisades Drive. What's happening is people take their keys with them as if they're in a parking lot. This is not a parking lot. We really need people to move their car. So if you leave your car in Palastaid Drive, leave the key in there so a guy like me can move your car, can get him up there, so that so that these fire trucks can get up there. It's really really important.
Speaker 1: Are you ready? You're ready for the big reveal? Here we go. Thank you, thank you for talking to us live. Sir, what's her names? My name is Steve Gutenberg. Steve, you live in this area. I live in the area.
Speaker 5: I live right up the hill, and thank goodness, but I have friends up there right now and they can't evacuate because it's stuck on Plisay's Drive.
Speaker 3: You're you're an actor?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm an actor.
Speaker 3: Okay, now you look familar.
Speaker 1: You look familiar to me now No, No he doesn't. No, he does. There's a producer going, dude, that's Steve Guttenberg. Moron. No, he's not even saying that politely. He's screaming in the dude's ears. Well, Steve Guttenberg should be like, oh, you know who I am named one of my movies? Yeah, name one. Can you imagine the eighties without Steve Guttenberg.
Speaker 2: No, first movie I saw in the theater that I remember anyway is Short Circuit. That was the first one I saw my sister. It's a great movie.
Speaker 1: But I mean, just think think of the run this dude had from like eighty three eighty when the first Police Academy come out. Well, whatever, Short Circuit, Police Academy, cocoon all the sequels of all of them. There's what twenty seven Police Academies, three men and a baby, Like, I can't imagine the eighties without Steve Gutenberg. Man, Steve Gutenberg is like, I'll move your car, ex hold on, we'll be right back. Hang on. I don't know ruin your weekend. I guess how it depended on how I look at it. Here in about forty five minutes, we'll do that. Also, we will be chatting with the new state Auditor of North Carolina coming up at eight five. Mister bullocal join us, and yeah, I will talk about some stuff monster trucking cars, What the hell the auditor does those kinds of things. So we'll do a little get to know your thing there, maybe have him way in on whether he knows who Steve Gutenberg is. Sorry, I can't get over this. And I remember yesterday because somebody just reminded me, like, didn't you yesterday do a whole show about how you refuse to learn who all the influences are. Yes, because it's not paramount to my business, and arguably it's more funny when Ross and I don't know who it is. But yes, but if I'm going to do a if I am a person who is a out on the street, man on the street reporter, right going doing the interviews, telling the hard stories, and I'm working in that media market where Hollywood is, I'm gonna do my homework because the chances of you interviewing a celebrity or never not zero, but a lot of there's a U see clips on YouTube where reporters ran, what do they just did this with? Who's the Euphoria chick, Zendaya or whatever, who's dating the Spider Man guy. They just had some in New York. They were just they were just clowning on a reporter up there because they was like her and her mother just walking down the street. It's clearly her. I don't know who her mother is, but uh, they're clearly walking. They're like, look at this young woman and her mom. How for a walk like that? Is Zendaya? Do you not know who that is? I don't even watch her and I know who that is. Honest, you're in the movie or whatever. But yeah, if you know't who Steve Gutenberg is. Now I feel old and now I'm mad at you, not in a real mad way, but ah, police academy. Do you think you could do a police academy? Now? It had never happened, And you know what I think there is I think what Goudenberg's got to do, and and God bless them, he's out there and he's, you know, doing what he's doing. I don't know Steve Gutenberg's politics. I'm excited about that. I don't care. He's like, leave your keys. I don't know if you saw they're literally running bulldozers down some of the roads like a like a snowplow blade on the front, just pitching cars off to the side those roads, especially when you get into those windy roads in around southern California. I've driven them for years. When I was down there, there's there's there's not big shoulders. It's like it's they're pretty tight. So if you got cars jammed out and they don't have keys and them, they're gonna get bulldozed. So he's out there doing his thing. I think he got to bring in some of his fellow actors just randomly, and so today I want to see that guy randomly, uh, interviewing a six foot seven, giant black dude.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's you know, generational for us. But yeah, Steve Guttenberger, like I said before, his voice is so familiar, right, I.
Speaker 1: Looked it up. He's been working since he had like five years he didn't which is kind of interesting. But he's doing a ton of stuff still.
Speaker 2: And he's not like you know, his co his co workers that are co stars in that movie, like Bobcat gold With right, Like I'm sure like if Bob Kat was on the side of the road not doing his typical voice that he does, right, like you know that would be like, oh my god, I just but the problem is, like you said, this kid is so super young or whatever, the guy in the street probably no idea who he was, and the producers like that, you know, that's Steve Guttenberg, and he's like, oh, like I said, that's the way she'd been, Like you just name one of my movies.
Speaker 1: Just name one, anyone you know who you know who got to get his uh when didn't Michael Winslow die though? God dude, oh great, Greg, Now I'm starting this rumors? Would you look it up? Which I think? We who do we kill one time? Tom Green or somebody? I can't remember who it was, but oh dude, we've killed so many people. Yeah, yeah, it's very sad. All right, he's gonna see it. My Winslow is the guy did the voices? Was he Jones? Right? Was his character in there? Right? So not only could could Winslow be doing an interview if he has like a he had a COVID mask on, he could make the reporter think the fire is coming at him. He is alive. He is sixty six. Oh thank goodness, I didn't I don't. There was no animosity there, no animosity. Good get him out here. You know how much fun Michael Winslow could have with that, dude. You think like the aliens are landing. He's like, oh, I was just over my manch and the aliens are here. People were making the sound. I can't make this sound. They could bring on hooks like man man, please speak up, trying to shoot him in his uh boys there or whatever her line was for the movie? Was she the one that thread where said that was finally screamed? Oh? So many options, dude.
Speaker 2: Those movies were so dirty when I was a kid, like I couldn't watch them. I could watch them maybe if they showed up on Remember like Fox would play movies on the weekends, right, but it was super TV edited like an hour and ten minutes longer, Like isn't this movie longer?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? Well, I mean think about the way in the Police Academy movies they vanquished their enemies was to trick them into going into a gay bar to get raped by bikers. When it worked these days, you get promoted, Oh you would, Yeah, you've got to be the fire chief. Looked like Val Kilmer there, Yeah, commitment to diversity here. Remember that was the whole, That was the that was like the premise of the threat.
Speaker 2: There, there's a lot of diversity. Like Gutenberg was in Short Circuit, which had one of the greatest uh Indian American actors of the generation. Right, you played the professor, the scientist guy. Remember that I cooked?
Speaker 1: How cooked do you think he was when all the me too come into Jesus?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: So, if you're not aware that guy back in the day was isn't actually an Indian America. He was a white dude. They just put paint on his face. And I remember learning this maybe it was probably a decade ago now being like, oh my cause as a kid, I thought that was like an actual Indian dude, like with the accent and doing like the the up poo type accent. And I was like, oh, it's definitely like a real Indian dude. They're like, no, it's not. It was like learning about Razor Ramone like Scott Hall, like that's not really a Cuban dude.
Speaker 1: Uh. The actor's name is Fisher Stevens. I can never heard of his name was. And if you're still strugg you're like, dah, who is that so obviously short circuit. He was in Hackers, he was in Super Mario Brothers, I think too. Trying to think of one of the bigger things he's been in here as well.
Speaker 2: Well, he's definitely not Indian, He's not, and he's still working. He was on Blacklist forever. As soon as you see this dude's face not in.
Speaker 1: Shoe polish, You're like, oh, I know that guy. He's always kind of a bad dude.
Speaker 2: I'm a greasy listened and it was a different time, yeah, and they're just like, hey, we're gonna we're gonna have you throw a bunch of shoe polo Sean and your name is Javeri or whatever they went with, or Ben his first name was Ben.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I remember watching an interview with that guy after like when all this stuff was going on, and it was basically his his apology video, and I'm like, oh, he's probably not gonna work again. And then like immediately everyone's like, all right, you're okay. He got the Jimmy Kimmel treatment. And I don't think it was political necessarily, you just got to remember Jimmy Kimmel. All of a sudden, they're like, oh, yeah, he did do blackface for six seasons pretending to be Karl Malone and woop be not will be oprah Uh. But we're fine with that. But yeah, to Ross's point, a lot of people don't know that that the Indian dude in there not Indian, which is ironic considering all the H one B stuff here recently. I'm over to work in the movie and where it was visas, right, That's right. That's why they had to implement the program in the late nineties too, because like, wow, we don't even have enough actors to play the Indian dude in short circuit back in nineteen eighty five or whatever. That was different times, man, different times. All right, let's see what did I mentioned?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Did you guys know tomorrow's a holiday?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did not know this. I was unaware of this. But I will say I am exhausted. Ever since we got back from vacation, it has been one thing after another. Ross's equipment isn't working. Everyone hates everybody else. I you know, lawsuit wars are going on. The incredible pantomime Theater of January sixth commemorations had to sit through all that. It's been so much I'm so glad that tomorrow's a holiday. Oh you don't think it's a holiday, Well, let me run this by you. The US Postal Services announced they will close all locations and suspend regular mail delivery tomorrow. This is part of the Jimmy Carter National Day of Mourning bano. So if they're closed, can fifty people drive to the post office and sit in an endless line in their cars that goes all the way down about six blocks, waiting for nothing to commemorate. No, okay, all right, I don't know. Financial markets, including the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq, will also be closed tomorrow, So I'm sorry. If the mail's not getting delivered and Jeff Bellinger doesn't have to do a report, we're going to talk to him figure out how that's gonna work. That tells me that that's a holiday. So that's a federal holiday. We have the day off. We should have the day off. I was just your streating a call there, and I was telling him, like the Ross, you have no idea. Ross, and I are just so exhausted. It's been so dude, everything's been breaking. Nothing works, and and as and and by the way, a lot of it's by design. Our entire Raleigh studios, half of them are ripped up and gone. Literally. I had a conversation yesterday about some stuff that was stored in another room that I didn't realize that it's just gone. Now, it's just gone.
Speaker 2: We're in the that we had like our after show meeting with Trevor. Yeah, and you know it's talking about how he keep.
Speaker 1: So I have. We have like quasi offices, and so I just use it for storage of old like rollover equipment. I didn't actually use it. I didn't realize that they tore the inside wall of that thing out.
Speaker 2: Did you know I sent you that video the other day? Did you did you know it was a video or did you think it was a photo? I thought it was a photo case you mentioned on the air. You were like that photo and I just I was like, whatever, No, that's a video. It's like a minute. Oh yeah, everything is gone.
Speaker 1: I got reason. I got no reason to go back in there because I assume everything stored. It's mostly company.
Speaker 2: My gold balloons were in there, dude, what's that My gold The ballooms were in there, that's where I store them.
Speaker 1: Gone. This is this is a concern you raised yesterday, although I didn't feel that management took your concerns seriously. If I could just say, I think I don't think they believed you. But what that would be where I would store gold to ballooons. I did an endorsement Eye Morning Show office that none of us use.
Speaker 2: I did the Gold endorsement a while back. They gave me a treasure chest full of golden blooms. Yeah they did, and they're gone now and I deserve them back.
Speaker 1: I'll tell this story to the day I die. Saw another radio guy I worked with at a gold endorsement. This is when radio guys started first doing them. And the endorsement was he got actual gold right for his uh for his fee for doing it. And so they were going to do the because it was part of the service. I can't remember which the company as it was. And so it's like the end of the endorsement. So they're paying him his loot right and they're like, all right, so we're gonna have a car. We're gonna have literally an armored car come to your house. So he had he had a big safe there. He's like, all right, delivered to my house and it's gonna be at this time, but only his wife's home right ahead of it. So he gets done with the show and he is driving like a mad man to get home and to get there before the you know, the gold delivery comes. And he gets to his house, his wife has moved all the furniture in the house to the walls, so the living room is basically this big open and he's like, what what are you doing? Who is happening here? He's like, for the gold, And he's like, do you think you're just coming in with a fork lifted a pallet? What do he It wasn't an insignificant amount of money because it was a big market he worked in. But also when you're getting into thousands of dollars worth of gold, they're not bringing a forklift. It comes in a little thing because gold's heavy, expensive and small. And she had she had moved furniture thinking that they were gonna come in and fill it up like Scrooge McDuck's vault or something. It's like, I just started laughing, So yeah, I don't. Yeah, that's that's what Ross, I guess is dealing with right now. I don't know, all right, seven twenty oh, I mentioned the Girl Scout cookie story. Let me tell you this, this sounds like a marketing scam more than anything. But oh you know what, if I'm going to do this, I'm gonna do. You know, we got all these these wonderful parody songs in our in our wonderful library her here, So if I'm gonna do the girl Scout story, then might as well get our theme song for it.
Speaker 4: They sell dozy dose and tag alongs, thin mint and like camped out at the entrances a supermarkets day in night. Avoiding them is hard.
Speaker 6: I can never seemed gared away, especially when David Accounting hits me up ten times a day. Hey, girl Scouts of Americans.
Speaker 4: I asked that you don't bother me.
Speaker 6: Half the cookies you sell I no longer like you must have changed the resup and mints taste like chapstick.
Speaker 1: Why I just grew with cookies that were one so great.
Speaker 4: And mango creams with nutrifusion.
Speaker 1: What the hell is that? I'm that's so funny? Ross Field greeted about Buddy, who I was just talking about. The radio is listening to the show right now. He just just text it his wife furniture I just want you guys to know that that's true. You gotta make this stuff up. That's finny. If you do his wife too, you, that's that's super funny. She's so nice. But seriously, man, all right, So the Girl Scouts have announced that two of their cookie orders will be retired. It's your last chance. Uh, two of the toast yay. I don't even know what that is. What is toast ye? Toast that's like a cocaine cookie. Hey, now that'd be toast ye Oh okay, yeah, toast yay. I don't know that one, but you're gonna know this one. You're ready. Here's the other cookie that's going bye bye. S'mores? What that's a popular flavor, isn't it? S'mores? That's one of the old That's one of the ogs, isn't it. They're doing away with spores. We routinely reevaluate our cookie lineup, so we'll be discontinuing s'mores and Toastier's. And something new and delicious is on the horizon. I don't know, not if it's not neutral fruit crap. We'll be back thirty minutes from now. The new state auditor who, as far as I know has not monster trucked vehicles in a state vehicle yet. Dave Bolock will join us and we'll figure out what the auditor does. No, no, no, there'd in alls. Well we will do that because I don't think a lot of people probably really know. I mean, you hear the word there and you're like, oh, that should be a watchdog individual, and it kind of is. So we'll talk to Dave see what's up. But there is there's there's some hurricane discussion that needs to happen there. So I'm glad we're going to be chatting with him. So we got that the Oh, let me put on notice some of our listeners. So at ten am and between ten am and eleven am this morning, if you happen to be I guess south of the triangle, the Sharon Harris nuclear plan is not melting down. You are not about to get free superpowers. They're gonna be testing these sirens. They will be tested for five to thirty seconds between ten am and eleven am. I don't know if it'll just be once, twice, it'll be the whole time, whatever. But you are not about to get super paid unless you are, which would be very unfortunate timing, right, They're like, ah, we're gonna have this, which you know is kind of a gamble, kind of a gamble because if it at ten oh one, it's like now I'm gonna melt down now and you're hitting the sirens. Everyone's like, no, I heard the guy on the radio saying this, and the TV said it, and everything's fine and before now you can fly or you know, you get horrible fast approaching cancer very quickly, but you know, hope for the first one. But no, that's what the sirens are probably gonna be. And I will still expect we'll get flooded with emails, but that's what they're saying. All right, So now you're onnoticed. But that's okay. It's sit at home with your new superpowers and uh, listen to Ross and I talk about interdimensional bigfoots and stuff, which is how we started the show. Today. We flip over to something real quick. Oh wait, hold on, I got to mention something got a little housekeeping here? Where did I put this from yesterday? Do do do do do?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, all right, because we don't get a lot of love over on the talk side of things, it's always honever you know this behind this. They're obsessed with music at this company, probably because the majority of their stations are music. But yeah, in the world of talk, you got us, you got the podcast stuff. You got our podcast, which is pretty amazing. So even if you listen to the morning show, you should listen to the podcast in case you missed something. But also we do the voting, like the end of the year stuff with all that. So they put together podcast awards, which is something that this company does, and so I would encourage you if you're down with the podcast, you're down with what we do and spoken word and all of that, that you go online and vote. It's Iheartpodcast Awards dot com and you can vote for podcasts or and other stuff and you can write us in on stuff where you can. But for the main ones, you probably picked from the list there. It's not like when Ross was almost soil and water supervisor in Guildford County and instead they elected somebody who was a sex offender or something. I don't even know what was going on over there. That's what happens when you don't vote, So check that out there you go. Housekeeping done, But anything that keeps spoken word top of mind. I am I'm happy about you know why, because not all music is good. Like, let me give you an example. Let's say you're a twenty year CIA top level analyst, one of these people who likely was you know, sitting around going yeah, we should all sign this thing saying that the laptop's not real because we're partisan hacks. So imagine you're one of those people and somebody tells you you can sing, and now you're this lunatic woman, this former CIA analyst who's putting out anti Trump music videos that are comically best.
Speaker 6: See you're driving roundtown and motorcade and I'm like, fuck.
Speaker 1: You, forky okay, democracy is just a game to play, And I'm like, fuck you and your woldown crew. If there were any justice could not be a monster. By the way, it's like it's like ms paint and the very first editing software that Apple had on their iOS is what she used to make this. It's bad green screens, so it wrots. You have a green screen. How does her green screen look so bad and yours looks fine? With you with minimal effort, I'm sure this isn't hard to give me.
Speaker 2: Mean, you would expect better, right from the people that apparently are supposed to be. Like in that room with all the computers looking for Jason Bourne.
Speaker 1: The people are like, Oh, we're gonna film the moon landing, right what. I don't believe you're really dancing in front of Trump there with a fork. I don't believe it. I don't think it's true. You know what I shouldn't say. Do you have any range? Ma'am? Do you got any range on that voice?
Speaker 4: I'm beat in jail and though there's pain in my chest, don't give it a rest.
Speaker 1: We can forget. You're not talking trash. If I call you fascist, come on and unlike you know.
Speaker 6: What that means.
Speaker 1: You go up here in a moment, you went to the dumpstera to give you a cabinet. Also is spineless clouds and freaks ross dah. I don't know that I could go on. Oh, just overloaded my headphones with whoever that was. I think I dowb my I bleed, My eyes are bleeding. How did that happen?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm glad you're not in there literally in charge of I don't know our security and stuff anymore. You absolute lunatic. Remember what did Hillary get what ninety Even Kamala didn't even get as much, but Hillary got like what ninety six and a half percent in the district. It's not that Trump got all the rest of it. I went to green and other stuff. You're an absolute lunatic, man. I mean, you're free to go ahead and put out whatever you want, but I'm gonna judge you on it. And our parody songs are elite compared to you know what you got going the girls Scout thing we just did. Are you freaking kidding me? It's amazing. I can play the whole thing again. But listen to the quality of this voice.
Speaker 4: They still dozing thin men sent light.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go back to you. Oh my god, just stop, Arah, that's why the equipment's broke. Oh, that's that's what it is. Was this the first cut you dubbed in this morning? That's what broke all the equipment? Because that would make sense. I mean, yeah, it's possible. Or the audio equipment is actively rejecting the sound of this woman's voice.
Speaker 2: Could this be like the sound torture that we've heard they use at Guano.
Speaker 1: It could be Oh, I see where you're going. With this, Ross is very excited about something. You want to hear what it is? You want hear? What you hear what he's so excited? Let me let me ask you maybe we can get raised agic First, Ross is very excited about something because a thing that we talked about here on the show for a lot longer than I would expect that we talked about on the show, and then it became a recurring thing that came to come up on every show might be reality, and might have, according to a report here from The Blaze, might have been, although it sounds like it was really an admission for Mark Milly, who is a lunatic, probably loved that last song I just played you specifically, Milly told people might have been utilized in twenty twenty not for January sixth stuff, but rather for or twenty twenty three. I should say, not for January sixth stuff, per se, but June twenty twenty the rioters at Lafayette Park in DC. And it's a bit of a doozy man. So we'll get to we'll get to that, or it should say I said twenty twenty. It was used in twenty twenty and the twenty twenty one is the other thing I was referring to. But we have speculated and it looks like it may be the case. So we'll get into that here in a moment. All right, we got our boy. We could to go mister stagic for the one. No oh no, Ray wait wait? Do you think her voice killed the comrades that we connect to Ray with? That might be a possibility. Directed energy weapons people directed energy weapons, That's what I'm talking about, and specifically, well I'll just say this before I tell you what they do that may have been utilized according to Millie. According to Ah who is he talking to this in twenty October of twenty twenty four, he said, we use directed energy weapons of Lafayette Park, if you remember, that's what Trump holding the Bible St. John Saint John's the church there in Lafayette. Well, the church or they tried to arsenate and all that insanity, and eventually they had to get contractors out there to construct another fence. And they tried to make that a Trump scandal where he's he like sick his dogs and they realize that he didn't. Well, now they're coming back for another bite at the apple. So we'll get into that here in a moment, but first race age it from the weather channel standing by, alrighty Rue, what's going on, sir?
Speaker 7: I don't know did we create a ruckus yet?
Speaker 1: I pre sold your ruckus this morning, and right at the top of the hour at seven oh five, I'm like, uh, we'll talk to Ray from now and he will ruckus the heck out of you.
Speaker 7: So yeah, And it does look like light accumulations of snow and ice, especially east of the Triad. As you get into the mountains where there are already winter storm watches, a better opportunity for maybe a three to six in snowfall, So I think tryad maybe about one to three of snow and ice. You get near the triangle, it's or less of snow and ice accumulating. And the good news is too it most of it comes at night Friday, unless you're an overnight worker. The bigger problems are going to be Friday night's Saturday morning with the snow and ice and even some rain mixing in, so lead ups kind of now, right, you've got a couple of days here to prep teens and low twenties this morning, so sitting the kind of stage for our winter weather. As a cold there is in place upper thirties near forty today, same thing tomorrow. A little gusty breez will add a little bite to the air. The lows are still going to be in the upper teens to near twenty. But I think clouds will thick it up Friday and from west southwest to north northeast, coming through the mountains and the Triad late Friday, probably more like Friday night, will start to see some snow and sleep, freezing rain come in more mixing towards the Triangle, and then rain snow mixed depending on where you are, does end Saturday. So that's the window Friday night Saturday morning with anywhere from a little bit of a trace of snow and ice the further east you go to maybe one of three inches of snow and ice, and the higher totals three to six inches of snow possible we could say, from about Ashville and into the higher peaks into some of the mountains. So I still think an impactful event for some, maybe some not so much, but looks right now it does look like we will have at least some impacts on the Stone ice case.
Speaker 1: Uh blockbuster storm.
Speaker 7: It doesn't look like it right now, but there'll be changes there probably will.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 1: We already did it. Yeah, we did. Hold on a.
Speaker 7: Second, let me Cora winter storm Cora r A.
Speaker 1: I didn't do it. I didn't do it. Well you did, because the those just show everyone the weather naming of winter storms is a weather channel thing. It is it is, and I mean, love it or hate it, it is what it is.
Speaker 7: And I think they really did it more for a social thing, so you have something to grasp bout there.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I know I still have to make fun of it though it's my absolutely well me too, and I work here. Yeah sometimes yeah, Hey, quick question, what are your thoughts on girls scott cookies?
Speaker 7: As long as they didn't get rid of the tagalongs, I'm fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, you saw they get rid of s'mores, right, yep, I did, And don't tag along. I don't even know what those are, so I don't either.
Speaker 7: Don't change a good thing, don't add it to it, no new flavor, I mean, just just keep it the way it is.
Speaker 1: You don't have the nutra to crab something with nutra fruit or whatever. Not interested? Oh man, that is very very angry. So peanut butter patties, tag alongs, Yep.
Speaker 7: Yep, Carl Delicious Mint or the mints too. Yeah, give me like the half a dozen boxes or so of those and about ten minutes in a glass of milk and we're fine.
Speaker 1: All right, Well good, okay, Well I think it's a marketing stunt. It's like one of those stories, like going out of business forever kind of thing. So we'll see, Oh you didn't you didn't want to get rid of smores. We'll bring them back after we just force you to buy three times as much, right, genius? All right, thank you, sir, appreciate it. Seven forty eight. Will we come back? Uh? Those directed energy weapons? That's interesting. What's up with that? We'll find out next. Maybe you don't remember why it's I remember this. I remember this story for a long time. You know why, because it was one of those moments when I really appreciated that I had management who got it. It's nice. It's nice, right if you ever worked in a job or the management is not somebody who you feel you can go talk to, or they're just unyielding on stuff. And I don't mean the little stuff, but I mean stuff. It's kind of principled. You know, I left a radio job one time. I left a radio job prior to working for the company I work for now. I chose to make the transition, doing large part to the fact that I didn't feel management had our back on anything. It was a private ownership group. As a husband and a wife, and I just didn't give a crap, and so I appreciated. There was a circumstance where if you don't know Peter Yarrow is I'm gonna fill it in Peter Yarrow, Peter, Paul and Mary right where Yeah, Yarrow continued to tour and we were we were working with one of the theaters that hosted Yarrow, and I would do I sometimes I do interviews with the different people came through if they were of decent size. And there was a request that I interviewed Yarrow, and I'm like, no, it's not a chance I'm gona interview that guy. And if you don't remember, and I noticed they left it out of almost every story I've seen. So Peter Yarrow, who died at eighty six the other day, and it's interesting that he died adjacent to Jimmy Carter. Jimmy Yarrow or Peter Yarrow, excuse me, was convicted of in decent liberties with a fourteen year old. Basically, he had a fourteen year old and his seventeen year old come over his hotel room, answered the door naked, insanity ensued. It's unclear how much. And he caught that charge, but he was pardoned by Jimmy Carter by his last day in office. So Jimmy Carter pardoned the child molesting charge or the indecent liberties with the minor charge of Peter Yarrow. So forgive me. I don't want to interview and the management, I guess and remember and I just mentioned it to our manager at the time. He's like, yeah, I don't interview him, thank you. So yeah, it's a little context to that, all right, real quick on this. So Milly indicated that a directed energy weapon was used. This is more of that sound stuff, that weird stuff, but in this case, they were using it on protesters who were trying to burn the church while they were constructing an additional fence outside of the White House. When they took over Lafayette Park. It was BLM and Antifa and all of that. And Millie says they may have used that the energy weapons described as something that would cause pain in hearing, as well as the potential how do I say this, the potential for it to cause you to go to the bathroom on yourself. Right, they invented my poop lazer? Okay, kind of, but I don't know if I believe that it's real. And here's why. If there is a functioning poop lazer, the government has Biden have been using this thing, right, because there's not a zero percent chance that he poops himself when he's talking to the Pope or whatever. So you got to kind of maybe have somebody stand around with this thing so you can pre poop the room. Glad to have you a long new year, new you, new laws, new lawmakers, a lot of old lawmakers, some very old using walkers around capitol. But it's important you understand everybody who, frankly as in a position to ruin or make your life better. So with that in mind, we're gonna chat with the one of the newest politicians in your life. It's Stave Bullock, who is the new state auditor here in North Carolina. How you doing this morning, sir, Hey.
Speaker 3: Casey, I'm doing great. I hope you're doing well.
Speaker 1: I am a couple of years. All right, One, I want to know that you're sober, and two not behind the wheel of a state vehicle? Can you can you give.
Speaker 3: Us stick behind the wheel of a state vehicle? And I'm totally suck okay, chat no poople though in the in the auditor's office.
Speaker 1: Tell us you couldn't tell us if you did have that? So good point. Yeah, all right, So what what the hell do you do? That's a good question you personally with the office. So let's let's go ahead, get into that. What do you do? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Look, you know, for years, I would say even decades, the State Auditor's Office has been sort of an office agency over in state government, and people just haven't no clue what they do. Every now and then, one of the former elected state auditor, Beth Wood, would shoot out an audit of a municipality where a city council was misappropriating money, something along those lines, and you would hear about the State Auditor's office Other than that, I don't know if there was a lot heard about it. Of course, I'm looking to change that. Well.
Speaker 1: I kind of liked in the sense that I don't think that it was as politicized as most offices. Unfortunately, this is gonna be size because you are who you are, sir, and you're you're not of the approved vintage there. And obviously we've had some changes with election laws, which we'll get to. So but I like when I don't hear no offense to the work you guys put in. But I like when I don't hear a lot from you folks. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean that's a good thing. I mean to an extent. Look, I'm when you go into the office, I mean clearly, as the state order you've got to you gotta take it. And I've had the opportunity now been on the job for less than a week. But we don't talk politics in the in the office. What we talk about is accountability of government and putting together all the plans to make sure that tax dollars are spent the way the legislature appropriates those dollars and that there's a little traub or no fraud hopefully, and certainly we want to cut waste. I really think though case he just to be a little bit contrarian with you. I think it's important for the public to hear about the audits that the auditor's office does, because I really think we've got an opportunity here. I think President Trumps also served out up to me on the state level with his efforts on government efficiency, for us to sort of take that baton and work in that arena in the state of North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, please don't misunderstand me. I think we agree. The reason I don't want to hear a lot from you is because I would love it if every municipality out there, from state down to the you know, the dog catcher's office in which city you live in, is doing things correctly. Then we don't hit to do here, you know what I mean? Like, I want that to be efficient. What's the biggest, biggest red flag that you saw when you walked in You want to name names. Is there a municipality or a portion of localized government in North Carolina that you're really concerned about?
Speaker 3: Well, a couple of things. One, I do agree with you one hundred percent. You and I have the same thought process on that. But I do think there's an opportunity to to highlight when municipalities and when state government is doing things right and so I hope to be able to do that as well. We've just now gotten an opportunity and get a look under the hood. I mean, you know, first thing we did day one, the governor put out emergency order emergency executive orders to reform his hurricane relief efforts out west form a new agency. And so I put him on notice, and I don't think it's inappropriate to do so that we're going to watch every dollar.
Speaker 1: And so as you wanted after what happened with the ousting of the woman who was running the hurricane relief from the coastal stuff the years down the road, it wasn't doing what they're doing. This doesn't have to be political. This has to be people doing the job they're supposed to do right.
Speaker 3: And to his credit, he's he's, you know, working toge other. We're collaborating on it. I put a team together. It's a sign now to do that. The legislature really has not only asked, but it's sort of tasked the Auditor's office with not only auditing these funds but tracking them. We don't need another train wreck like we had at the Joint Oversight Committee, where you have the head of the North Carolina Organization of Relief and Recovery come in and say, through thirty five million, we don't know where it is. And wow, we need another two hundred and twenty million from the state to finish what the what what we've got going on because we misspent the money that we were initially given. We don't need another train wreck like that. And so you know, I've taken on the responsibility of tracking those dollars and I think it's not inappropriate. I think it's going to be a good thing for the state.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or what was you know with the dotfi ASKO from a couple of years ago, like oh yeah, yeah, we're out of money somehow, and you know what that's doning from? This is this is where I really wanted to talk to you. It's sure like people will hear. We'en give you an example. This isn't a state example, but you'll you'll get it and people will get it. One of the things I talked about on the air is when they when they put that giant thing that tanked our economy together, the that Biden wanted with the spending and that project for everythingture Bill. Yeah, well, and and you know, ports were a big issue. We were coming out of COVID stuff. The supply chain was crazy. I remember traveling at that time, flying over the Panama Canal and seeing as far as the eye could see ships who were just waiting to traverse the Panama Canal. And then Los Angeles was having it. I landed in Miami one time, and you fly out over the ocean there, and there were ships waiting to go in the port there, and and they would say we put six hundred million in here for port improvements. But when you read it, you realized that like five hundred million of it could only go to green project. So buying electric vehicles, you couldn't build new unloading facility, You couldn't do any of that stuff. So or when dot dollars that people think their tax dollars are going for roads that end up making you know, three different bike lanes or something. They don't feel that people are shooting straight with them, even though it may not be a technical misappropriation of dollars. Do you know what I'm saying? Because legally you know what you're saying, So like, how is your It sounds like you may I don't want to put words in your mouth. I don't have a taste for that. Most people don't. How can the state auditor look at things where people are playing fast and loose with the definition of directed spending?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's a good question. That's where it comes down to performance and efficiency audits one of the things. And we'll go into DOT, but I'll circle back as part of DOT D and B. For example, we're gonna we're going to start a Florida ceiling audit of D and B. So D and D. You know, there is an area where, uh, it's not just about appropriations. What it's about is about the lack of of customer service and the lack of a working state agency. I mean there is an agency. You've got people these days to go online and they're trying to get an appointment to get a driver's license from their sixteen year old and it's three months, six months for an apployment. So they've played these games. Where can I go in the state of North Carolina six hours away to hopefully get a walk in appointment. Look, that should fay see, that shouldn't be the way the DMV operates. And so for now, years and years and years, that agency just seems to not be able to get it right. So there's an area where I think an audit can come in, you know, and give some solid, common sense recommendations and benchmark some of these other states. Benchmark Florida, Benchmark Texas, Benchmark California where they don't have these long lines and whether they don't have three month rates to get your driver's license. And let's take some things that work across the country. Give those as recommendations, hand them to the governor's office and the legislature and say here you go, here's your solution. Now that's up to you to do it. I mean, that's what the auditor can do.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, well, let's talk about what the auditor does and an expansion of what they do. As part of the relief bill, which also included some reformation of where powers are located, you were tasked with some new duties. And let me I'm going to read the headline here from News and Observer incoming n see Auditor Dave Bullock says he doesn't see he didn't seek new powers over state Elections Board. All right, why is the state auditor at powers over elections board? Where are you at on this? And what do you understand your duty.
Speaker 3: Is so my understanding of the duty under the statute is the State Auditor now and as it's a law, it's not just a bill anymore, it's a lall my office and I will be We're responsible for appointing State Board of Elections and county board chairs all across North Carolina to administer the elections. Will also be in charge of the budget of the Board of Elections. The Board of Elections itself will operate much like it did under the Governor's office. It will operate in a sort of as a quasi independent agency subject to direction of the Board of Elections, but the Auditor's Office will handle the budget of that agency.
Speaker 1: Okay, And I just because the way that it's the way that it's portrayed, and I know you know this is that you are in a cigar field room and with your buddies, and you know Burger's in there and Moors in there, and they're only, ah, how can we screw Josh Stein and and you rub your hands together, like give me, give me some stuff. I'll carry this out on behalf of my gop masters. What I almost that's almost verbat him. Some of the stuff I've seen around this it's getting pretty insane, but when you explain it, it sounds pretty boring, respectfully. So there's a we know there's been political politicalization, especially when you get into board of election stuff right at the state level. That transition to Cooper made, So how do how do you go about doing that and ensuring that you're doing so in an oversight way that is fair to everybody. I know they're still going to say this, but what is your plan for that? Because you know they're going to attack you if you do something they don't like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, we're to be just transparent with you. It's something that I didn't ask for, didn't expect, and we're we're simulating a plan of how we're going to handle it. Let me say one thing. You know when I took the oath of office, I actually took the oath on January first, and we'll do the ceremonial thing Saturday in the snow. I guess, yeah, there is there is a special oath that the auditor takes to be nonpartisan and to look after the people of North Carolina in an accountable way. It's actually in the statue where the Auditor has a Most Council of State have two oaths. They have a constitutional oath and then a statutory oath, and then the Auditor has a special third oh which talks about being nonpartisan and administering the office in a non partisan way. On behalf of politas, payers and citizens in North Carolina. So we'll start there, right, and then look, don't I don't see the big I really don't understand the controversy as much. I guess if you're the governor and you have part of your duties taken away, I don't know. I might be happy that that's one least thing I have to do, but it's no different when they talk about politicalization. I mean differences. I'm a Republican and Josh Stein's a Democrat. So the media is upset that a Republican is going to be administering the Board of Elections, not a Democrat. That's the only difference.
Speaker 1: I said, all right, hey, Dave, real quick, how does the auditor fix the concerns people have with the hurricane stuff or is there something to fix there?
Speaker 3: Well, now, I think there is a way the auditor can help with the concerns on that. As a matter of fact, tomorrow, I'll be in Ashville. The Auditor's Office has an office in an Ashville. I'm stopping by in Hickory and Cataba County. We're going to take a look at some stuff there, talk to a business roundtable from business leaders around western North Carolina to get their input so I can put some context around auditing and a context around recommendations on response. And then we're going to go to Ashville. I need to meet with the team members that work for the State Auditors Office, make sure that their families are doing okay. And then we're going to talk to folks there in ash Bill again to bring context to these auths. And we're going to take a look and give the public not only just a kind of a dbreak after the fact, but some tracking along the way. And I think that's uni shot a light. People tend to respond.
Speaker 1: Do you think, and again, I'll leave this up to you because you're in a position now where you got to work with these folks. Do you think that leadership in North Carolina through the hurricane, and I mean at the legislative level, the AG's office, Governor's office, do you think that everyone there was doing their level best to work in the best interest of North Carolinians who were affected by this, because a lot of people don't, A lot of my listeners don't. I don't. I thought it was a tragedy, especially with the FEMA stuff and the Trump signs, that we didn't hear a peep from the governor in the ag at the time. Who's now the governor. And that's where you get into the partisan side of this. So how do you how do you walk that line? I got about ninety seconds and do you Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, in my sense is is that most people in state government really want to do the right thing. Whether that happened or not. I don't know. You know, I've gone back and forth on this, and I've talked to a lot of people about it. I really think that the governor's office and the response from the state in Raleigh kind of were caught off guard and just didn't didn't have the wherewithal to respond to Western North Carolina. In eastern North carolin it's a little different. Your local emergency management teams have been through these disasters. They can flip the switch and move forward, totally different situation in Western North Carolina. I went out to Western North Carolina ninety six hours after the storm, and I do think they were probably a couple of days late. But the individual actors, yeah, they really were about ninety six hours I think late. But the individual actors, the individual National Guard workman and folks that were on the ground, they're doing everything they can do.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to cut you. I got about ten seconds. I just want to thank you for your time. It has been an interesting conversation.
Speaker 3: So uh hey, thanks for thanks for having me on. Enjoy being with you before, have me on again. I'm glad to give you a lit