Speaker 1: It is the Friday Minnesota Goodbye. I'm going to Phoenix this weekend to see my boy Chase and his little girl, Gwen, who is seven months old. She's so sweet. I haven't seen her since she was two or three weeks old. And of course Maddie and Maddie and I are going to hang out tonight while Chase is at work, and so we'll probably I don't know, watch TV.
Speaker 2: Wow or you know, hang out with the baby. That's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, hanging with a baby, and the baby will probably you know, babies at that age go to bed at about seven o'clock, So Maddie and I will probably I don't know. I thought about, like one thing that Maddie and I did with Chase one time is we got out one of those solved the mystery games. So you open up a box and it's got like newspaper articles and recordings and things. You can go online and find more clues on a fake website.
Speaker 2: Like a escape room in a box.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like that. It's super cool, So I'm not really sure. Then tomorrow Chase is having a garage sale and that because he's getting rid of a lot. Chase's mom died about two years ago, so they're getting rid of a lot of her stuff, still a lot of her clothing and probably old baby clothes and things like that. And he said, yeah, we're going to get up at five and get ready for the garage sale. He says, you can sleep, and I said, no, I want to get up and help you with your garage sales. Sounds fine, It does sound kind of fun. Have you ever had a garage sale?
Speaker 3: No, not once. I've gone to many garage sales. I just take my clothes to Goodwill. I don't ever sell them.
Speaker 1: I gotcha. Garage sales can be tricky because you have to set up and you get up early, and that you have tables that you borrow or rent or whatever. And then you end up selling a little bit, but not nearly as much as you'd hope.
Speaker 2: Then you bring it all the good will anywhere, and you bring it.
Speaker 1: All the good will anyway. And I think the thing with got garage sales, there's always a dilemma whether you should try to get fifteen bucks out of this item. Let's say you got an old popcorn popper, Sure, and it works fine, yeah, and you know, and you paid like you know, eighty nine dollars for it. You can donate it, or you can see if you can get fifteen bucks out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I get and I guess, like Facebook, Marketplace is just the online version of.
Speaker 2: A garage sale kind of yeah, and more work, honestly.
Speaker 1: Like, we've got some old skateboards, some really nice like two hundred dollars skateboards that Carson had when he was a kid. He doesn't want them now. I could probably get fifteen or twenty dollars for these skateboards rather than donate them to Goodwill. Yeah, but I don't really, I don't know. I might put them on marketplace.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think that's if you're gonna like with something like that that was kind of an investment when you bought it. I think selling it is probably better. But like if you have clothes that you've worn five hundred times, yeah, I'm just gonna donate that.
Speaker 2: Well, well, I.
Speaker 1: Think we have an email about that as far as garage sales and prices being too high at garage sales, But first we're gonna get too one Nita who sends in a file today of one Nita's weekly rant and let's see how it goes.
Speaker 4: Hey, Sodit card company. The first thing that says is press one for English. So after I press five buttons and say representative ten times, a representative finally comes on the phone. Why the fuck is it that the representative that gets on the phone doesn't speak English. I didn't have to depress it. I didn't have to press one for English. I could have press whatever you just gonna send whoever. God, that shit pisses me off. Second of all, I wanted to add to your negative shout outs because I too have a negative shout out. Shout out to all the naked bitches that's in the gym locker room that thinks that I want to stand there or hold a conversation with you while you're butt ass naked.
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to talk to you. Don't come up and ask me excuse me? Has the cost of membership changed? Do you know?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: The fuck I don't know?
Speaker 4: And why are you naked sanding here in front of me? I don't know you from Adam.
Speaker 2: Stop doing that.
Speaker 4: Well, thanks for listening to my rants. I love you guys. Bye.
Speaker 1: You know I don't change at the gym if I do change at the gym, I go into a bathroom and change and sit on the little bench. But I've heard I used to go to Lifetime, and I love Lifetime. I've got nothing against Lifetime. But I go to Snap now and usually it's Snap. I just change at home, drive down there. Once in a while, I'll change in the bathroom. But I can smell the locker room. It smells like a combination of boh eh, poop else, sweat, old man oh, and deodorant.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: What does the women's locker room smell like? Is it kind of the same thing?
Speaker 3: No, I would say men's room always smells worse than the women's room, regardless, and I think it's the urinal cakes.
Speaker 2: Honestly, they're really doing you a disservice. I don't know.
Speaker 3: The women's room, we usually smells like whatever spray is being like the you know, the air neutralizer spray. That's usually what the women's room smells like, unless someone just took a big.
Speaker 2: Fat poop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, fair enough. But I can definitely the first thing when I picture myself in the locker room at Lifetime, and again nothing against Lifetime at all, is I can smell it. I can smell the bio, the poop, soap, deodorant, maybe cologne, I'm not sure, but it's definitely got a smell that makes me wrinkle up my nose a little bit bit, a lot of.
Speaker 3: Sweat and it's like sweat that's seeped into the floors, kind of like a wrestling mat.
Speaker 2: Okay, that never will that smell will never come out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I go to the gym and change, I am very like I'll take my if I do take my underpants off to get my swimming suit on or whatever, I am definitely very discreet and quick about it. I do not walk around with the boys hanging out, and to me, it's like that to me, that's like so private, literally right that it just I'm just not But I know that there are guys that walk around and usually they get a big wing and they want to make sure that all the guys in the locker room notice they got a big wing.
Speaker 2: That is so weird. That is so weird to me. Why would But also like women do that too, where.
Speaker 3: There's walking around with their boobs out, just walking around and be like hello.
Speaker 1: Now is the cliche because I've heard it both ways, and maybe if you go to the gym a lot, you maybe it's like men with fat bellies in their their wing doesn't even exude extrude from their skin because you know, it can get sucked up and look like a blackhead.
Speaker 2: Blackhead.
Speaker 1: Well it came, and you know what I'm talking about. You have to squeeze it to get the weng out. But then aren't there old women too that are sixty eight years old? We got the big old like you know, boobs hanging down low and a big old gray bush walking around the gym up there.
Speaker 3: That's those people exist. Yeahah, I mean I also don't go. I mean anytime I was at the gym, because I used to have a membership at yeah Lifetime as well, every time I was in the dressing room or whatever what is it called locker room? Yeah, the locker room, there would be no one in there. Okay, So I never really had that problem. But like I used to go to the YMCA in high school and there'd always be a naked lady walking around.
Speaker 1: That's just kind of funny, especially in your high school. You're like, well, the first time I remember, I was probably in Cub Scouts. We went to the Air Force Academy because we lived by the Air Force Academy. Went to the pool and there was a naked cadet standing in the shower like stiff, like at attention, and all the boys were looking at him and his big old Harry Dick, and we're all like, David, and I remember he just stood there at attention, almost like almost like he didn't know what else to do. I don't know why, but the boys were like looking at this guy naked, and I can still picture him standing there and all of us.
Speaker 2: Going, all right, so gross.
Speaker 1: Next one, Keith writes in, says, Dave and crewe love the new additions to the show. Sounds like a group that can help Jenny carry on the morning show after you retire. I get a question about your Space Needle studio. All I can find is videos that you posted on the inside, but I can't find an outside picture. I am in Seattle with the Space Needle that everybody knows. The October seventeenth podcast, you described a very similar building. Is you're building a secret place in Minnesota. No, it's right there in the middle of Saint Louis Park. I mean, describe your impression when you see the Space Needle Studio from the outside Bailey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, usually when I drive here in the morning, I come up over a hill and it's the first thing that.
Speaker 1: I see, see the red blinking light.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the red bit blinking light.
Speaker 3: And I can see it like slowly rotating because it speeds up throughout the day, So I see it slowly rotating, and it's kind of like, you know, Close Encounters of the third kind, the old movie. Yeah, yes, it feels very much like Alien because I come up and like music swells almost. It feels like in my heart at least when I see it, and then you know, it just gets closer and closer as I drive closer.
Speaker 1: Here's what I noticed yesterday. It does sway in the wind a little bit, does it? Just Well, it's built to sway like a New York City skyscraper. It's meant to sway a couple of feet off perpendicular so it doesn't fall over in a windstorm.
Speaker 2: Sure that makes sense. Now, if you.
Speaker 1: Believe all this shit, then you know, I mean good, I'm glad we did a good job selling it. But the secret is The Space Needles Studio is a nine story office building in Saint Louis Park. It's nondescript and we're on floor number five, but it's just so much more magical to say we're in a space needed studio.
Speaker 2: It's so much better to say it that way. I would prefer it that.
Speaker 1: Way, and people actually believe it. They're like, yeah, you know, I'm not from there, but I drove through town and I was looking for your studio and I didn't see anything that looked like a space needle studio sixty stories of gleaming steel and glass, and I'm like, well, you probably looked in the wrong place. Okay, let's see. No, that one's a little bit too negative, Britta. I appreciate it. I did read your letter, but I am I'm I just you know, it's a little bit too negative, but I do appreciate what you're saying. Let's move on to the next one. Okay, this one's fun, and this one we probably will do on the morning show as well. Okay, I mean thinking about dance clubs in the nineties and early two thousands, whatever happened to them. I used to go dancing in high school on eighteen plus night. It was so fun. Waterworks Beach Club Tropic, Stargate and others. I guess people don't dance like they used to. That's from Leanna. That's such a good question because KATWB used to have like Tony Fly or Zany Ka or Jerry Dixon or whoever the night DJs were go out to these dance clubs. I would go out to Bumpers in Burnsville, the Rock and east Side Rookies I think was in Brooklyn Park and Valentinos, and also Strikers in Hopkins and we would go out on Friday, sometimes Friday and Saturday nights. We'd get there at like ten or eleven o'clock and we'd give out T shirts and people would come out and drink and dance and hang out and it was so much fun. Yeah, but they weren't really necessarily dance clubs that I went to. But Strikers, not Strikers, Tropics, Stargate and Waterworks Beach Club were absolutely eighteen and up dance clubs. But this is a little bit before your time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I used to go out dancing, I get quote unquote dancing when I was like in my early twenties, but all the places I went were essentially bars that just had a dance floor. So there was one place in Minneapolis that I went to and I can't remember the name. That was the last time, and I remember I went with a guy named Richard and we dance specifically to Wrecking Ball, like Miley Cyrus's Wrecking Ball cool. And so it was the last time I went to a dance club. But other than that, like we would go to Uptown Tavern, which was just a bar, but it had a dance floor, and or like Cowboy Jacks. It it's a bar, but it has a dance floor that you can then dance on.
Speaker 2: And then like in Florida, I would go to Senior.
Speaker 1: Frog Senior Frogs, yeah yeah, go a chain yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And then like gay bars, I would go to a lot of gay bars to go dancing, and those were almost specifically for dancing.
Speaker 2: Then they have a bar there, but it's mostly a dance club. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Bethany Wright Sin says, hi, I bet I got your attention with the Minnesota good with the subject line Minnesota Goodbye dejav who not a story about this strip club in Minneapolis called Dejavoo. I was listening to yesterday's Minnesota Goodbye with Bailey and Dave, and Dave for some off topic, weird reasons stock it started talking about his cousin Myron, who holds the world record for sagu I caught through the ice and they own Kibbler Fishing and Hunting, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. When that episode was over, it I skipped to one that I did not finish from April eleventh, twenty twenty three, when Fallon was still on the show, and Dave coincidentally told the exact same story verbatim that he told yesterday. I was like, wait, wait, wait, wait, what just happened. I looked down and realized, oh, yeah, I've heard that story before, and apparently I listened to him on two back to back podcasts. April eleven, twenty twenty three, What are the Odds?
Speaker 2: Wow? What are the Odds? Wild?
Speaker 1: And she talks about how she was so excited to whin pink tickets yesterday because she won yesterday on some sort of a pink contest that we did today.
Speaker 2: Well, so she must have gone to see it last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it is today is Friday morning, so she must go see pink last night. I'm so super cool. Okay, here we go with the garage sale email. Okay I have event today, says Jamie. People are having garage sales for the wrong reasons. I cover of a family of thrifters and garage sailors. In fact, when I was growing up, it was an odd sort of pride no when I got the same clothes as rich kids but at a fraction of the price. Think you would Bury area garage sale weekends. However, recently, I've noticed a distinct change. Before people would have garage sales to get rid of stuff. Now it seems like people have sales to make money, as if a yard sale is some entrepreneurial powerhouse move to bring in the big bucks.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: It's a couple of tables with stuff you don't want anymore that you have laboriously stuck little stickers on. I've also noticed that with Facebook Marketplace, the absurd prices think people think they're entitled to for their worn and used products is alarming. You want thirty bucks for a pair of jings your teenager used two years simply because their name brand. Nuh huh. I'll sit back and watch carry that bag to Goodwill when the sale ends and you realize you have you still have just as much stuff as when you started. Have there been things or prices that you guys that come across on Facebook marketplace where it's sales that make you roll your eyes or am I just being better? Thanks and have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: I have one specifically, so for my Halloween costume. I'm not going to say what I'm going to be for Boo Bash, but I'm looking for a very specific toy to go with my Halloween costume. And the toy is from the nineties and on Facebook marketplaces where I'm looking for it, and there are some that are being sold for fifty dollars, for one hundred dollars, for nine hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Whoa, it's a toy from the ninety.
Speaker 2: Toy from the nineties.
Speaker 3: I found one that a guy is actually you know, I think has the same sort of thought process as this emailer. And it's five dollars, and I hope that it's still available tomorrow when I'm in the area, so I can go and grab it from him for five dollars, because why would I pay fifty dollars for a toy from the nineties? Are you kidding me. It's not a collector's item, but they're making it seem like it's a collector's item.
Speaker 1: I'm very curious what it is. I'm thinking of toys from the nineties. And you don't have to, of course responding.
Speaker 2: And if I told you, then you would know what my costume is.
Speaker 3: Totally.
Speaker 1: I totally get that. Tell you affair, Yeah, and that's fine. I actually don't want to know what your costume is.
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny because I've told you like four times already, so.
Speaker 1: I don't remember where I even parked my car. So yeah, oh god, I didn't wear pants today. I forgot to wear pants today. I don't really have any experience with that, but that's an interesting shift in let's get rid of shit to let's make money. I wonder why, as a society we've maybe become more greedy. I do think that it has something to do with like social media, because you look at your friends and they're on vacation and Tahiti, or you look at their friends and they've just got a brand new you know, like a twenty twenty four I don't know, Hyundai or the Mercedes or whatever, or they've got a brand new what. And so I think that sometimes we go I want more. We always want more. But I think before it was kind of like, yeah, I'd rather get rid of shit than get a brand new pool table that I can show off.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's also, I mean just in general, like cost of living is higher. So I'm pretty sure people are like, wow, I'm really hurting I need to sell something. But it does get a little bit greedy when they're trying to sell. Yeah, they're teenagers jeans for fifty bucks after their kid wore them for three years or something like yeah, and I'm just like, come on, guys, get over that.
Speaker 1: I will give you a report back on the garage sale when I come back on Monday and let you know what Chase and Maddy price things at and what sold the most. Usually closed I think sells the most. So yeah, anyway, that's it for the Minnesota goodbye, Thank you for listening.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 1: We send emails to Ryan Show at KDWB dot com