Speaker 1: That's right. It is the Bend and Skin Show.
Speaker 2: Jerry ninety seven point one the Eagle, thank you for hanging out with us today. We got lots and lots to get to and I know we kind of started off on a bumber with Kyrie news. But hey man, it's the biggest story going dude on.
Speaker 3: The Associated I'm sorry to cut you off. On the Associated Press website, it is the number two story on there on oll of ap. Number one is Tariffs. Number two is Kyrie three Marty Girl.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we do have an uplifting story because I don't know that I'm excited about Tariff's either.
Speaker 1: Lfting about Marty gral Oh No, what happened? The winds kind of ruined it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've had to cancel some parade activities and things like that.
Speaker 1: What is going on in the world. I can't tell you anymore.
Speaker 2: Fat Tuesday, bro play more Alison change, Christina coming up next to the rooster.
Speaker 1: No, but uh, that's okay. We got some happy stuff to get well. Cheer you up later, we guys, it's okay.
Speaker 2: We do some things. In fact, what we can do right now is give everybody BFD tickets.
Speaker 1: Y'all want to do that. Yeah, that's good idea. Here if you know what makes you happy, the iHeart app.
Speaker 2: If you have it, you can stream, you can play podcast, you can do all them things, and you can leave talkback messages. And that is how we give away our tickets. So we want we want to reward people that listen to the show and remember what we're doing. So here's what we're gonna do today. We're gonna give away BFD tickets May twenty fifth. Dose Eki's Pavilion will be there. It's gonna be a blast, obviously, the headliners Schvelle and Marilyn Manson. If you have it one ticket, you gotta go. Man, it's gonna be an incredible show. But you can use that talkback feature and you can leave a message. So the third person that leaves their name, their phone number, their email address and can tell us where did we do the show from last Friday?
Speaker 1: We were on remote.
Speaker 2: If you're a regular listener, you know it's one of our favorite places. We did make a little bit of a drive to get there. The third person to tell us you win BFD tickets and we will party with you on May twenty fifth. Now before we get to the Hollywood Shuffle. I tell you guys, right quick, we're just talking about storms blowing through, and you know, you have a strategy going in. I got back from the MAVs and it was really uplifting game. So I crawled into bed and you know, the wife has the news on or whatever, and so we have a storm shelter.
Speaker 1: Now. I don't know if you guys have a.
Speaker 2: Storm shelter or know anybody has the storm shelter, but basically it's where you keep water and toilet paper and paper towels. And the idea is, oh, there maybe a storm. Send the boy out there and let them get everything out of the way because we've turned it into a storage shelter. So we get all prepared, we get everything out of the way in case something happens, and then you know, you go to bed and then I'm woking up. It's like five o'clock, and like with Bim's tum about earlier, it sounds like, you know, we're in the middle of the ocean and the Titanic is sinking or whatever. Just sounds just crazy. It's crazy, and so you know, whenever the it's time, like it's go time getting the shelter. You got to wake up the kids, and then you got to crawl three dogs. And as I told you, we have one dog that's like a fifteen year old dog.
Speaker 1: I think she's autistic.
Speaker 2: Doesn't let anybody touch her, pick her up unless you want to get bit. She's now also deaf. No no, yeah, she can't too, right, so you gotta It's just like if the storm decides it's her time, it's her time.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, we had a good run for Maggie.
Speaker 2: So anyways, I'm kind of half asleep and the wife is on the phone, you know, it's five in the morning, trying to get back to sleep, and then suddenly we are the It's like, okay, the sirens and she was Trisha was just on and she goes, you know, we don't need to do this unless the sirens go off. All right, sirens, All right, I'm good. I'm gonna I'm gonna wake the kids up. Sorry, go upstairs and yelling kids, go.
Speaker 1: Time, come on. We're getting into the thing.
Speaker 2: And then Dad's old delirious okay, you know, and was like I'm coming. So we come down the stairs and I'm like, so two of our dogs are already. They're running around like crazy, and they're already in the storm shelter. And Tricia's like, I'm trying to get Maggie. I'll see if I can get Maggie. And I'm like, all right, well, hell, it's gonna take a while to get Maggie. I guess I'm gonna go take a piss, so.
Speaker 1: I get out. I go to the bathroom, and then.
Speaker 2: The sirens stopped, so the sirens went off for one minute. We got everybody up, we got the kids downstairs, Dez entered the storm shelter, then turned around and walked out. Maggie never made it to the storm shelter. And then literally I think the rain just stops. It was nothing. It was just chaos for three minutes. Wake everybody up. Nobody goes back to bed.
Speaker 1: This is wire drill man.
Speaker 3: It sucks.
Speaker 1: So my wife won yes, because I was panicking too and I wanted us all to get in the storm shelter. She's like, ah, that's not gonna hit her.
Speaker 2: Can I get your wife to go buy our house and put all the toilet paper and water back in the storm shelter.
Speaker 1: We never even got all of our stuff out of there. It was just packed in.
Speaker 3: There, and the traditional sirens that would go on forever. If you were in a tornado warning, it would have kept going. But now they've done it where in a lot of towns, not every city, but they do it if the winds hit a certain amount I think fifty miles per hour or sixty miles per hour. Oh okay, and then it goes And that's probably why it went off for a minute. And I used to ignore that and be like, it doesn't matter, it's not we're not in a tornado warning.
Speaker 1: We're good.
Speaker 3: But after what happened to me last year with a tree, if it did go the other direction it lands on my house, it probably kills me. I'm kind of thinking I need a place to go now. When I hear that.
Speaker 1: Come out, why don't you drive out to Slene and get my storm shelter with it.
Speaker 3: I feel like that would have been driving just up the storm. The storm was insane.
Speaker 1: I thought that was your thing.
Speaker 3: I thought, that's how good I drive away from it. Oh okay, yeah, I would have been driving just up the storm. Was a huge line that was going all the way down to Waco.
Speaker 1: I mean it was crazy.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: You know, it's awkward when you're in an elevator with somebody and you have to have small talk. Imagine storm shelter small talk. Oh my god, I love it.
Speaker 2: And then the first thing I do is I immediately empty out a water bottle and pee in it, just to show everybody what life is going to be like in that time.
Speaker 3: And I while you're doing that, I hit every button to make sure you stop.
Speaker 1: Man. But right now, it's for this juicy news. Hot god ever lived stay on top in the hobby.
Speaker 3: Who all right, Gene Hackman. We've talked about him a lot because you know, he passed away at the age of ninety five. There's a forensic forensic pathologist by the name of doctor Baden, and doctor Baden thinks he knows what happened. Now we do have pacemaker results that show he hadn't had an event in like ten days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Valentine's Day took him out.
Speaker 3: He was discovered, him and his wife were discovered by a It was a maintenance guy who was coming scheduled to come do.
Speaker 1: Something at the house, change out the AC filter.
Speaker 3: Probably something like that, which might have been a good plan. Here's what the guy says. Okay, now, I don't know if this is huge breaking news because I think it's pretty easy to come to this conclusion. But I imagine forensic pats make more than me, so we should trust their word first. He said, I'm not working on the case, but I've seen the reports. Here's how it might have gone down. He might have suffered a heart attack and collapsed. As you remember, Betsy was found on the floor in the bathroom with a space heater on the floor next door and an open prescription bottle on the counter with pills scattered everywhere. She may have run into the bathroom to get his blood pressure medication and fallen herself. It's possible she had a heart attack as well. She was not known to be in bad health, but she was sixty five and under stress in that moment. Or it could have just been an accidental fall in which she hit her head. Authorities have found no evidence of blood fish trauma, uh, no, brain bleed.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't they have known if it was she died, be a head injury or a heart attack.
Speaker 3: That's the whole thing. So this guy who's not really covering it that closely, he's now doing interviews because he's a famous forensic pathologist.
Speaker 1: This is the TikTok generation.
Speaker 3: We do have a dog update, though I had not seen that dog, Topsy, the dog that died.
Speaker 1: Down the dogs.
Speaker 2: One of the three dogs. The other two were on the property just having a catch. I thought they were riding a detractor when they found them.
Speaker 3: One dog that died, it was in its cage or kennel, so it probably hadn't had water for like nine days.
Speaker 1: It was a bad way to die.
Speaker 2: When I was a freshman at UT, my roommate got a Chinese water dragon. And it's like, it's like a fancy name for a lizard.
Speaker 1: Okay, badass, Have you seen one?
Speaker 2: Isn't that the one with the like yes, real, Yeah, it's got is that where it fans out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a lizard. It's like a lizard with a hat. You realize that is the type of girl you can pick up with one of those. Yeah, see that, that's what he was looking for. I want to go to that girl to the bar till her Chinese water really? Can I come and see it over to your apartment right now?
Speaker 2: Now, let me restate the name Chinese water dragon so we left for Christmas break and we came back and it was a fossil.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I mean it looked like a thing you could buy at a gift shop when you're leaving the zoo, Like, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Stacy murdered that Chinese water dragon with with what he caught. What's the opposite of drowning something?
Speaker 1: Justating? Suffocating? Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 3: Would you rather drown or suffocate? That's a question that could be important in season two of seven.
Speaker 1: Carl Dean lived a great life.
Speaker 2: He put the d and Dean we have a non celebrity death legend. Carl Dean a man who just loved to stay at home, go to work, come home, sit on the couch. His brother was a sausage genius. Eighty two years old, Carl Deane has passed away. He is the husband of nearly sixty years to Dolly Parton.
Speaker 1: God, what a great run for that guy.
Speaker 2: I trade lives with him right now, just because that would have been dead after all the Kyrie news.
Speaker 3: Would y'all like to guess where he and Dolly met?
Speaker 1: I know, I think I heard this the post office.
Speaker 3: Nope, good guest, though.
Speaker 1: Two stepping somewhere a good guest, but no, he was a janitor at her.
Speaker 3: When she moved to Nashville at the age of eighteen, that bucks abroad.
Speaker 1: I don't think she was bucksing back then.
Speaker 3: She also she had some dirty clothes a laundromat. They met at wishy washy laundromat.
Speaker 1: God, that guy hit the life lotto there.
Speaker 2: He just happened. She was at eighteen. Okay, so look and he was twenty one. Carl could have been anybody. Yeah, was he holds Dolly partner right now? Well, I just know because I saw the story he met her when he was twenty one, three years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could have been anyone.
Speaker 3: Dolly's new in eighteen.
Speaker 1: It could have been anyone. Yep.
Speaker 3: Anyone that's eighty two right now living in Nashville that had dirty clothes had a chance at Dolly part.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone that had dirty clothes.
Speaker 3: If you had doll If you had dirty clothes in Nashville and we're doing laundry that day at that specific laundry, Matt, you had a chance at Dolly part.
Speaker 1: I thought I saw a story where she was saying that. The story Joe Lean was about a girl who tried to take him away. It is that is a truth. I laughed about it over all the years that she tried to take her away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was a bank teller, and she said Carl Dean was so handsome. Joe Lene tried to get him, so she wrote that song. Yeah she killed her.
Speaker 1: She didn't kill her. No one was killed. You're thinking of Don't Fear the Reaper?
Speaker 3: Wrong? Classic songs get him confused happens the time.
Speaker 1: So what did he do? Like he was he did he have a profession? I think it was her manager, wasn't he? No, only he was not her manager.
Speaker 3: He actually uh he I think he worked, not in the uh he made an oil field guy. He had a real.
Speaker 2: Job and did it for a long time. He just made that up, I could promise you. When she was cranking money, he wasn't out there in the oil field with all that danger like let there be blood.
Speaker 1: He was just supporting her.
Speaker 3: I think he said she was a lot and he needed to get away.
Speaker 1: I'm serious.
Speaker 2: I I I think he worked. I read this this morning. I think he had like a remodeling business that he dabbled in. She owns Dolly world. He didn't need to work.
Speaker 4: Well does she?
Speaker 2: When did she own Dolly at thirty? I mean this, Okay, let me put you while going, let's let's do this, let's do this math. When he was forty, she had or she was a major star with tons of number one hits.
Speaker 3: Yes, he owned he owned an asphalt paving paving business.
Speaker 1: Oh so he owned a business.
Speaker 3: Well that doesn't mean that he didn't spend many years he paid in Dolly World.
Speaker 1: Maybe with asphalt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to play this clip of audio one time, Christina. Yep, this is from uh, this is back from Oscars night Sunday night. When get to the Kieren Coulkin speech. Kieren Culkin is amazing and for all this time, his little his big brother. Yeah, McCaulay was more famous than him. And then then he's been acting forever, he's been acting. He was in home alone. He's the nerdy kid. He was in home alone.
Speaker 1: He had a speech.
Speaker 3: Now if you remember last year when he won an award, I think it was the Golden Globes. I think he won one for succession. Right, he said, hey, let's have a kid. You said we could have a kid to his wife and this and it's very clear when you see his wife in the audience that she did not know he was about to do this.
Speaker 4: Okay, I should, Oh, I should thank my mom and Steve for trying to raise me.
Speaker 1: You're really good people.
Speaker 3: You gave it your best shot.
Speaker 4: I love you, Mom.
Speaker 1: I want to really I love you.
Speaker 3: Jazz.
Speaker 4: Please don't play the music because I want to tell a really quick story about Jazz. About a year ago, is on the stage like this, and I very stupidly publicly said that I want a third kid from her because she said if I won the award, I would she would give me the kid. Uh. It turns out she said that because she didn't think I was gonna win. But and people came up to her and were like, you know, uh, really annoying her.
Speaker 1: I think I think it got to her.
Speaker 4: But anyway, after the show, we're walking through a parking lot, she's holding the Emmy, We're trying to find her car, and she goes, oh, god, I did say that.
Speaker 3: I guess I owe you.
Speaker 1: A third kid.
Speaker 4: And I turned to her and I said, really, I want four, and she turned me. I swear to god, this happened. It was just over a year ago. She said, I will give you four when you win an oscar.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it shows her and she there's a little bit more, but it shows her and she's like, it's like, I can't believe this is gonna have this happened? Oh tell, this is real. That's awesome.
Speaker 4: I held my hand out, she shook it, and I have now brought it.
Speaker 3: Up once until just now.
Speaker 4: You remember that, honey, you do? Okay? Then I just have this to say to you, Jazz, you have little faith, no pressure. I'm really sorry I did this again, and let's get cracking on those kids.
Speaker 1: What do you say? Crazy win?
Speaker 3: He won Best Supporting Actor in the movie A Real Pain, which was not nominated for Best Picture.
Speaker 1: I've heard it is great. Did she look pissed or happy about.
Speaker 3: She was laughing, but she was like, oh my god, like she was shocked, and she was like, I do remember this one time, and you have not said anything about this.
Speaker 2: Man, I think I am. I didn't realize this until recently. I'm a big Jesse Eisenberg fan. He's awesome, Like he's dude, really talented guy. He wrote and directed this movie that that guy just won that Academy Award for and originally his role that he took was the one that Kirie was gonna take, Karen was gonna take. Yeah, and then they reversed it. And so when they reversed it and he won his Oscar for that amazing. All right, good stuff coming up next, and around the sports we get back into the Kyrie stuff and lo and behold, the Dallas Cowboys are trying to bring us some good news to cheer us up.
Speaker 1: We'll have that discussion next