Speaker 1: Said a Woman's Society. Walking in the Shadows the cult edition said a Woman's Society. You're walking in the shadows the cultur.
Speaker 2: We are live. Welcome to Walking in the Shadows with Cryptid Women's Society. I'm your co host, Lisa, the Gothic version of Vampire, and I am power version, very very pale.
Speaker 3: Today we're not quite sure what's going on here, but yeah, we kind of thought about this in the last minute.
Speaker 2: You try, We try, and we did try.
Speaker 3: We were to day.
Speaker 2: You have to you have to just be happy at the fact that we're online.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a.
Speaker 2: Big that we made at right, Just be happy for anyone that's just listening to us. Juliet is super super pale. Think Twilight glittery.
Speaker 3: Pale, and I cover myself and glitter but I fucking hate that shit. Sorry YouTube, stop wear.
Speaker 2: And also I'm kind of like looking like I want to go and waste a lichen so but more like more tsha I have. Do you know what? I actually did watch the second season of Wednesday the other day. I watched it four episodes or whatever they've released. Interesting they bring a zombie into it. Oh yeah, don't tell me.
Speaker 3: I haven't watched it yet.
Speaker 2: I have not chanced to watch it yet. I'm not sure how I feel about it because you look, you know, like our generation, we grew up with the Adams family, right, I am Adams.
Speaker 4: There we go exactly shit I got at school, right, and we grew up with the Adams family and the TV show and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, I'm not sure how far off topic I feel happy with?
Speaker 3: Does that make now? The kids can't watch it? It's like too violent, Like we watched the first episode while some of the first episode and there's no way the kids are watching it this season.
Speaker 2: So it's not with and not with the zombie stuff, because man, that's pretty full on. Yeah. Yeah, but they don't have any vampires yet, do they. They haven't brought in a vampire.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Uncle Uncle Fister's in there, isn't he. Yeah, but he's not a vampire. He's just a weird.
Speaker 3: Look, he's just a weird little weirdn't God.
Speaker 2: Uncle Festa is short and but he has no hair. But that's okay. That could be a connection to our story today.
Speaker 3: I know who Uncle Fester is. No, I don't.
Speaker 2: My favorite guy from the Adams family is the I can't be what his name is, but he's like just full of hair, like just covered. Oh yeah, cousin it, cousn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then it's like having place.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my god, I'm counting it. When I was younger, I had such thick here, like incredible long, thick dark here, and I used to like no one's business.
Speaker 3: I was pretty good. Yeah, remember like remember when we were at the show what was the bloody theater show that we did? And I had like the pig towels and they down and my heel like was literally at my waist.
Speaker 2: Midsummer's Night's dreams. Yeah, when I had was.
Speaker 3: That when I said, I'm not sure if that's when I had the pig towels, that was yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, you had book tims and they were really super super long and they hung out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so even when they came out and came down, they were literally at my waist.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I get that way now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just too hard when you get older.
Speaker 3: And I can understand why.
Speaker 2: Women all cut off their like cut off all of their hair, but we're never going to turn into soccer mum space. So I would say something else, but I will probably get baded. Hey, So today we were meant to be joined by the beautiful Ravenlye Dark Huntress if you're on Instagram with her. She was going to come and jump on here and help us out with the vampires. Unfortunately she's been called away, so we definitely will get her back on either onto Walking in the Shadows on YouTube, or we may do like a full blown interview for our members Encrypted Women's Society. So yeah, kind of got it booked in. She was like super super apologetic. Sometimes life just gets in the way, especially when you've got kiddos, and that's all good.
Speaker 3: We're gonna we're going to.
Speaker 2: Carry the candle today, carry the torch and if you will, and probably suck some blood somewhere along the lines. Definitely sucks some energy.
Speaker 3: Got out of the red wine. Great excuse to drink red wine at ten am in the morning.
Speaker 2: Myself a beautiful cup, my little teacup. Shout out to Sarah M Braithwait, who is one of our besties, who sent me over this beautiful tea cup with your retro and deco. I've also got my NaN's gothic spoon that she sent me before she left and turned into an angel. So today I've just gone a little bit gothic key with it. Also, Sarah Braithwait, you can find her on Instagram, Sarah M Braithwait.
Speaker 3: Sarah.
Speaker 2: She is amazing And at the moment she's doing a whole heap of prompts on like AI chat, GPT stuff. And I've just used one of the prompts that she's put into a PDF and you can buy it for real cheap on her website. And basically it writes out like a four week food menu plan because you know, I've got kids and family and it's run to businesses, it's mental and I have chickens. That's enough. Chickens cause the most problems out of my whole life. And so yeah, so I put this prompt in exactly the way she sent it to me, added a couple of changes around the kind of foods that I want and stuff. It writes out an entire four week meal plan for our dinners and then basically generates this entire shopping list with deals for my local supermarket I would like done. So I literally did that today. I went to the supermarket this morning before we jumped on this live did it all. It took me like half the time, and I'm like done. Oh my god, she's amazing. So if you are too busy and you don't want to muck around with shit like that, jump onto her Instagram. Oh make sure I put it in the show notes as well. So I do that. It's a game changer and it's a real time saver. And for busy women like us and guys that are dads and running crazy lives like, use AI to your benefit. So that's my.
Speaker 3: Little I definitely has it. It's like it's good side and then it's you know.
Speaker 2: Totally and I guess we'll probably go into that at some point, right, like the AI generation kind of what that's doing.
Speaker 3: Look, we use it at work, Like even at work, it's it's used, you know, to do all sorts of bloody bits and pieces.
Speaker 2: So no, it's all good. It's just about not dumbing yourself down, right, don't still do the league work.
Speaker 3: Still do the league.
Speaker 2: Work and then use it to refine it. That's what your yes, yes, yes, yes, fabulous. Hey, so what's been going on in the world of Juliet before you turned into a vampire?
Speaker 3: Obviously, before I turned into a vampire. Should be a bloody vampire up all night. We're moving house and six three weeks so we've got a massive, big new house, so that's going to be really crazy. So I just don't even want to think about that because that's a whole lot of packing going on. And this morning I was driving the kids to school and flicking through the radio channels because they were annoying and we're playing music, and all I heard was the word conspiracy, and I was like, whoa, I'm going back.
Speaker 2: To that one. What's going on here?
Speaker 3: And for conspiracy stuff to end up on Australian radio, it's like, yeah, it doesn't doesn't happen very often. So they were talking about how a Harvard professor or somebody came out and said, in one hundred and seventeen days there is a space rocket that's kind of smashed into the Earth and aliens are going to be on it. Think So so I'm sat in their cracking up listening to these guys going, wow, haven't we heard this a few times now? So what's your use Lisa on this alien ship that's hitting to earth?
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: About times right, I'm a bit of a skeptic when it comes to stuff like that, because I've seen stuff in the sky often, like We've done a lot of research on this sort of stuff, and I'm like, number one, how do they know it's a ship? Obst how do they know there are things maybe inside it? I've heard that it's hostile. How do you know it's hostile?
Speaker 3: It's trajectory, it's straight for Earth. So we're all gone, it's and seventeen.
Speaker 2: That mean hostile as an it's going to smash the living shit out of Earth. Okay, totally hostile. There is a theory that's come out by one of these Harvard professors saying that it's nuclear powered. But I do believe that they're basically running their theories off the ideas that there is some form of propulsion system because it's speeding up and it's not being dragged into gravitational pull. Right, that's the that's the clincher. I believe that it's too far away from the other planets to be dragged into those planets gravitational If this seems to be on a yeah, well, this is the thing, right, If we believe that these things are real, planets are real, they have gravitational belts, all that sort of stuff. If we believe that that is real, then it should not be able to speed itself up unless it had a propulsion system.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. Is this okay? So number one of the things that came up when this will be our first alien contact?
Speaker 2: That's wrong?
Speaker 3: And well, anyone says everyone? And who was the guy that came out like a year ago and said that this is going to be fake news. This is what they're going to do. They're going to tell you that this alien ship is coming to Earth and blah blah blah blah blah. And I've forgotten his name, I had it before, totally forgotten his name, but he came out and said that there are you know, these things are going to happen. There's this conspiracy. This is not real. This is what they're going to say. They're going to say that there is an a mother ship heading towards Earth.
Speaker 2: And what's happened. Now they're all coming out.
Speaker 3: There's a scientist here, there's a news report here, and now it's on the radio. It's like, yeah, my god, I see the trend happening. Right.
Speaker 2: It happens with anything that the mainstream, mainspreat stream. The people in charge are desperate to push, right, If they're desperate to push a certain agenda, you can literally watch it unfold. Let's get credibility on board, so let's get some scientists to it, let's get the radios in on it. They'll start kind of just touching in there and like dropping it in and and then it becomes main new streams.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what's when is one hundred and nineteen one hundred and seventeen days? I believe it's no, Yeah, so what are they trying to hide? What are they trying to will probably if we get cut off, guys, it's probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's absolutely Look any time, anytime these things happen, it's always a look over there, but not over here.
Speaker 3: Over here, there's something else.
Speaker 2: Going on over here, So we just need you to look over there. At the same time, there are things going on as far as like the the crazy financial shift going on. I eat a digital currency and there's a whole heap of money transferring hands, so just keep an eye on that going on. I don't think that we can fight against the digital money stuff. But there's also the other side of that or the other kind of I guess part that works together with that, this financial change, but also this digital ID change which is coming in at the moment in the UK. I saw that coming in in Australia.
Speaker 3: It's coming in around November December, so they're gonna like push it. So that's exactly what they've done here, is that you are not going to be able to aid. They're using the excuse that and I know they're doing this in America as well. They're using the excuses to keep children under the age of sixteen off of you know, adult things. I'm like, well, if you can do that, then why aren't you finding all the pedophiles.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also I've got more to that, right, So I'm so glad that you brought that up because basically they're doing this in the UK at the moment, it's vot voluntary, so you can volume to get a digital ID. The Australia, they're pushing it under the law of or under the guise of under sixteen year olds are no longer allowed to be on social media. They're trying to bring it into New Zealand as well. And this is really important for us to get this out here. So if you're listening, bear with us because it's really great for you to understand what's happening in Australia and New Zealand. We are testing grounds for the rest of the world. If it works in New Zealand and Australia, we can roll it out throughout the rest of the world. Right if it's accepted down here. And so basically it's under this guise of under sixteen's and not allowed on social media. And so in December in Australia they are going to roll out restrictions to Google search. Right, if you do not have digital ID setup or show your driver's license or your ID, you cannot make a Google search on the internet? Can I act? So puped up as that? Right? The worst part about this is this bullshit law of under sixteen year olds not being on social media. They can't get on Instagram. They can get on po r n hub one easy click. That's not restricted. It's only Instagram and Facebook and TikTok.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and look at roadblocks now is now starting. Roadblocks is supposed to be it's been designed for children. It's aimed at children. What if they just brought in they're.
Speaker 2: Bringing in a dating app on Roadblocks. Of course they are because that supports all the p files. Yeah, look at me, so you know, you know we're probably.
Speaker 3: Going to get this one, like probably cut off, but we will have it on others.
Speaker 2: If you're looking for the unrated the version, go over to Cult of Conspiracy. Okay, you can listen to us over there uncensored. I'm appreciate my Oh gosh, everyone that's listening to us on Cold of Conspiracy. The comments coming through are so beautiful, do you know it just makes our hearts feel so so happy when somebody messages us or like drops a comment on Spotify and says, I've just found you girls. I love that you're so funny or you crack us up, or you know, you just bring it. So thank you so much because it means a lot. You know, when you're putting yourself out here, it really sucks when people shut you down, even for no reason. It's still like hits you real deep. So to have awesome people say you're doing so good make somethund so happy.
Speaker 3: So thanks.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about vampires, ire iss.
Speaker 3: All right, So we were gonna do vampires a little while back, and then that didn't work, and then we're gonna get raven and that didn't work. I'm telling you, vampire lords are not with us, but they will be today. So for anyone here that's following us and live or even later, chuck down your favorite vampire, your favorite vampire movie TV show, whether you think the Badass or sixy. Probably that's gonna get us banned as well. Her bloody knows. Yeah, So put down your your like basically your most badass vampire, and then put down for your ladies out there, and for some.
Speaker 2: Of you guys, put down your most sixtiest vampire.
Speaker 3: That'll be right. I don't know, Like Lisa, I'm a fan of the Twilight.
Speaker 2: Are your Twilight for everyone?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: I can't even drink my cup of tea on that comment. Screw you, do you know what? Like my son is seventeen, right, he got this girl forri in a year ago. They've been together. She's absolutely lovely, she's very much the girl next door, super unassuming.
Speaker 3: And oh god, I know.
Speaker 2: And he says to me, Mum, I've just watched all of the Twilight movies and I was like, why on earth would you waste your life? And he goes because EV likes them, and I say, well, what did you think? He goes, Oh, actually I really really liked them. I was like, oh my god, you're not my son. Get away from me. I did not spawn you show you some real bampire movies. It was so funny. I was just like, I can't handle those Twilight movies. Partly because of Christian Stewart, because she just has one face. I just can't handle her as an actor. But also like, since when a vampires glittering? I mean, we spent a lot of time glittering our bodies up and going out town early two thousands just does not come off glitter right, Like you cannot get it off. It's all over the bed sheets when you wake up in the morning, and it's all over pretty much anyone that you've touched. Oh no, I'm trying to drink my cup of tea and I can't. I keep wanting to snort it. You please don't watch this episode. There were things that happened in our past, Like there were just a lot.
Speaker 3: Of glitter, A lot of glitter, a lot of holy dresses, a lot of no clothing.
Speaker 2: Were in clothing. We weren't even naked minimal. It was a lot of gaffer tape in my life to be on the tape. You had never had one time that I wore bubble rap, but it was a really bad life choice because people tried to pop my bubbles and I was like, just stop touching.
Speaker 3: And we had that absolute pleasure of every year having the Wellington sevens, so we just got to dress up. If you haven't seen our doll photos, we should probably put a We've got a few kind of costume ones that we've put up, but we didn't really take a lot of photos back then. We were just like, probably it was it was probably a really good thing that there wasn't a lot of social media around those days. But yeah, like Lisa and I, any opportunity to dress up, we would do it. Like it was just so much fune. And the sevens Sievens was seven aside Rugby for those of you who don't know, and Wellington was the capital of the dress up of sevens, so everybody went out, everybody was in costume. It was just amazing.
Speaker 2: Look look it up. There'll be on YouTube.
Speaker 3: There'll be like on Google, look up seven sevens, Rugby and Wellington. And then look at all the costumes and you'll just see such a huge variety.
Speaker 2: It was so much fun.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, I don't think it's like as good as what it used to be. And they were like the whole the whole city basically used to shut down and all the bars were open, and you know, you had international people. You know, you had rugby teams from Ireland and Canada, America summer like all the islands. It was just like this big worldwide and so you would you would literally have people from all around the world and it was just such a fun weekend. You know, you.
Speaker 2: Just got to meet the most amazing day and Saturday, so Friday would be all the prelim games and nobody would really kind of dress up. Those are for your hardcore rug life people that were actually there or watched the rugby. They were more rugby tries up like rugby. And then Saturday was all of the final finals. After the finals, they had this huge street party. So like in Wellington, for everyone that doesn't know, we have a street called Courtney Place which essentially is like just shops and then bars and poally cut that street off. So I was thinking about this the other night when I was talking like going through vampire stuff, and I was researching because there was an amazing TV show Slash Movie that was filmed in Wellington all about vampires, and I was remembering down Courtney Place they did the first premiere of Lord of the Rings. Do you remember that job?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: We were there, yeah, yeah, because they basically cut the street off, stopped all the traffic and put this huge red carpet out and then literally like rode all the horses down through the middle of the street towards the Embassy Theater where they had the premiere of the movie. And that's literally what they do at the sevens party and everyone dresses up crazy town. We've been what babushka dolls, we were oh my gosh, like movie characters, military, we've been leather clads, We've been yes, wait, now you have to tell that story.
Speaker 3: That was quite The day that we were getting dressed up to go out, I basically wrapped the nail off of my thumb and it was pretty sore, as you can imagine, so I had it kind of like bandaged up and it was just I was holding my thumb all night like this. It was so because it was.
Speaker 2: We were going through the crowds.
Speaker 3: It was all good, and then it's like thousands of thousands of people.
Speaker 2: It's really thing.
Speaker 3: So Lisa's got my hand, I'm going to my thumb's like this, And next minute I walk into the sky dressed up as like a Native American with like this like Native American dress on, and my some went right up but.
Speaker 2: Around.
Speaker 3: He was like, wow, yeah, that's the kind of stuff that happens at sevens.
Speaker 2: I was like, please go and wash your thumb. We're going to a bathroom somewhere to sanitize. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that was kind of like the cleanest stuff that happened anyway.
Speaker 2: But talk on that that was pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yes, yes, it's so much.
Speaker 2: Fun reminiscing on like weird stuff that we've to get out. I'm sorry, we'll go back to vampires, guys.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: I was actually going to talk about the Embassy Premiere and Courtney Place, because there was a really awesome movie and it got turned into a TV show as well that's based around Wellington and it's all about Oh, my dog is huffing at me to go out. Oh my god, seriously, I'm glad that she's not in her pajama pants, otherwise you would be able to see her running array from her chair right now. Anyway, this movie is called What We Do in the Shadows, and I've got a little bit of interesting kind of coincidences that happened on set because they actually used a whole heap of old, like one hundred and twenty year old houses that were built in central Wellington and they're all around kind of like where the Embassy is focused, where Courtney places and all that sort of stuff, and they're really really old houses. And surprise, surprise, one of the houses they filmed in was a house that I used to live in when I was kind of like nineteen or whatever. And they had a whole heap of paranormal occurrences in that house. And I can attest to that because I had a whole even their normal occurrences in that house up in Roxburgh. I was just like, this is not okay man Mount Verk. So yeah, so that's the whole area What they Do in the Shadows, What We Do in the Shadow.
Speaker 3: Such a funny yeah, such a funny team. You got to watch her, it's no it's I think you can watch her on YouTube and stuff like it's on like a lot of Tiger Whitett director and Jamaine Clements. Yeah, real funny.
Speaker 2: So I've got a little bit of information about that. They were talking about movies I love. Oh yeah, I've.
Speaker 3: Got there's so many. So right, all right, so we're gonna start with modern vampiism. Like, honestly, I had no idea. I know, people just up as vampires and they get little things and that kind of stuff, but I was really unaware of the whole culture it was, and I found it really really interesting. So like beyond the whole kind of fandom and stuff, there's like this hidden world of people that like identify as vampires, whether it's spiritually or energetically and in some cases physically, Like the whole subculture kind of it really challenges the whole mainstream of what we what we think that prismers, you know, and all of that kind of stuff. So I just found this like really really really interesting. There's like a whole kind of there's like the whole role play side of it where people just you know, they like, this is me, I'm a vampire. But yeah, so I'm just gonna go through like some of the different the modern vampires and the subcultures. So if I get any of this wrong, this is kind of just what I've researched and spoken to people about and stuff. So and you know, and as like all groups is like different kind of views on what different ones, you know, kind of do. But this is like the general kind of just the general kind of overturn of all of them. Was so Number one, you've got your lifestyle. Well, the lifestyle is so they have vampires, sometimes vampires about vamp y r ees.
Speaker 2: Okay, so these.
Speaker 3: Guys they embrace the vampire identity and choose it as kind of like a way of life. So the way they dress, the way their houses are, the way they live. You know, there's a real strong connection, especially with the fashion side of stuff. You know, we all know that that really gothic look the philosophy. They literally live full time as vampires, and they are like key members and key figures at like all the events like this called events like this is all like in the States. Most of this in the States. There's like the saber tooth Fangs and Endless Night vampire balls. So these are two really really famous balls that happen are like in New Orleans and around a few of the other places, and like basically everyone comes together and yeah, they just kind of all dress up as these you can dance like a ball, yeah, and they all get just oh my god, the beautiful dresses and the costumes. It's just stunning.
Speaker 2: Look them up.
Speaker 3: We I think, like with the social media, there are kind of links and stuff there of kind of some of these places. I've put pictures of the balls and stuff up. It's just yeah, Okay, I would love to go to a vampire ball.
Speaker 2: I just don't. I'm not keen on the drinking of the people's blood or having my own as a misconception.
Speaker 3: So as where so these guys don't drink blood. Okay, so there is a specific yeah, get onto that. Yeah, well so these are like the lifestyle vampires. There are ones that do. But yeah, we'll get into that. So the next number two is like the living vampires. These ones have They focus on the quest for immortality, whether it's through their legacy technology or spiritual practice. They follow like a really deep philosophical path and really identify as psychic or sanguinarian. Sanguinarians are the blood drinking vampires. Okay, So these guys don't really identify as psychics or sangrarians. Okay, So the groups that these include Order of the Vampire, Temple of the Vampire, and Auto Stratogi or street guy or something, the eighth, fifth, fifth, sex, seventh. Sorry, these are all like we will will put all these out, so there are there are actual places and temples and stuff that are out there that you can contact and become a part of them. You can have a mentor so if you're a young person or whatever that's going, Hey, this is how I feel, you can cover it and be mentored. But like most things, you've got to be really, is this a satanic thing?
Speaker 2: Like it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this is this is kind of what I've learned, is that it's you know, there's always a darker side to each of these things. But there's like this real kind of difference between a lot of them.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so we've got number one, We've got psychic vampires. Okay, So there's two types of psychic vampires. So this is the next kind of group. So there's ethical and traditional. So traditional psychic vampires. So these guys are often unaware of their nature. They unintentionally drain others through drain others energy through negativity, chaos, or emotional intensity. You know when you meet people and you're just like, whoa.
Speaker 2: You know that's me. You are draining me.
Speaker 3: And literally there are people out there where you know, you know, they're just draining that energy from you.
Speaker 2: So I found this really really interesting.
Speaker 3: So now this is where it gets a bit dark. The term comes from the early works like the Satanic Bible and psychic self defense. These guys are typically on the outside of the vampire community, and they're scene more as a psychological one than a spiritual one. So there's there's a real kind of split within these communities of who's accepted and who's not.
Speaker 2: So who's that he shout out to the indescribable op domen Hi, buddy, WA's your movie? Drop it in the comments, right, And then.
Speaker 3: You get onto your ethical psychic vampires. So they believe they have an energy deficiency and they feed on life force like prana and chi, you know, kind of like in the otherlands, from consenting donors to maintain their wellbeing. Okay, can you hold on that for a second.
Speaker 2: So I love that you've brought that up, because the thing that I went into was a thing called loosh, which is essentially life force created by emotions that is not consensually taken. It's essentially just taken for gods or.
Speaker 3: Entities. That's where you're the traditional psychic vampires above, where they are going into that darker side, the Satanic Bible, the psychic self defense, all that real darker stuff. So they will steal it, they will take it. Whereas these ethical ones, uh, basically they ask for permission, they follow like clear ethical there's are really there's really strict guidelines within the vampire communities for each one's and what's allowed and what's not allowed, and you know, and as we know that there's always people that will take advantage of that. So there's often they get guidance to awaken and manage their condition. And one of the books that they follow is Raven Calderas The Ethical psych Vampire. So there's literally guides and you know, like type of bibles that they kind of follow. Yeah, so that was like your so you've got your lifestyle vampires, your living vampires, your psychics. So you got your two your traditional who are like the Satanic Bible, the darker the ethnic psychic vampires. Right now, we've got the sanguinarians. So this is or sanguine. This is short for a person who consumed human blood as part of the vampire subculture. Now, these guys are not really accepted in parts of the vampire community. They are kind of like their own kind of subculture. So it's like even within the other vampire communities, it's seen as taboo.
Speaker 2: Is that because these are the modern day vampire communities versus what used to happen with the drinking of the blood back in the sixteen.
Speaker 3: Hundreds, I think, And it's all because there was like that big change like number one. You know, age was a big part of that. Age was a big part of the change. You know, you've got hepatitis, you've got all these blood diseases that you can actually get, and these diseases were like contracted by people who were doing this. So I think, as it's kind of gone on, and people also realize that they don't need to drink blood, like they live like that and stuff, but they don't need to consume blood to feel.
Speaker 2: A part of that community.
Speaker 3: So the Sanguinearians or seguines believe they need to consume human blood to maintain physical, mental, and spiritual health. They often identify as real vampires. So the blood drinking is not about a fetish. It's not a fetish for them. It is a serious, what they believe is a serious personal need. Anyone, sorry, a dreamo chrome? Anyone? Yeah, what is a dream of chrome?
Speaker 2: It's just adrenalized blood come from you know, having an emotion or a fear or whatever it is. And usually it's fear and you know, that sort of stuff, and it usually comes from children, is what they talk about, and that keeps them young, youthful, ageless, all of the above. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like and so many cultures there's blood drinking people, you know, blood drinking vampires something, and there are are diseases out there where people crave blood and they can't go in the sun because like the rays and the uvs affect them and that kind of stuff. So, but they are not vampires, you know what I mean. This is an actual disease.
Speaker 2: That they're saying.
Speaker 3: So yeah, So, like, due to the health risks and the stigma of it, you know, the vampire community treat this as a taboo and they are only like a very small part of the community. Like there's a much bigger, bigger area of it.
Speaker 2: And this has been quite modernized, like the idea of vampires, like you've talked about, being just so much more modernized with you know, television and social media and all that things, and that we get to dress up like a vampire sort of thing. It's far more acceptable to go not necessarily during a vampire church, but do you know what I mean, like being a part of the community that goes, oh, you know, like we we kind of run on these sort of energitic ethical practices and that sort of stuff. It's far more accepted and it's far more modernized now, I.
Speaker 3: Guess, yeah, And there's still that kind of There is definitely that underground of people who say that they don't drink blood and they do you know that that's all come out, but you know, for a larger part of them, it's basically it's more about being part of that community and being able to live that lifestyle. Like a big thing for them is actually going and getting fangs fitted. Like there's the fandom, so they will literally go and have their first fangs put in, and they are just like over the moon because they feel like outsiders. You know anybody who's who's been, and that's where you feel like you're an outsider, that you don't belong, that you know, you're not part of the special group.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's it's really hard for them, and it's you know, it's like all of a sudden, they've found this family, you know, because that's how they see it.
Speaker 2: They see it as a family.
Speaker 1: They're like.
Speaker 3: About twelve group. So the contact that they have they literally go through a role playing game. So this is how they've connected worldwide. So there's a vampire game called Vampire the Masquerade. So it started as a table top role playing game and then it's gone online basically. So so it sat in a fictionalized gothic punk version of the modern world where the players assume roles of vampires referred to as Kindreds or Kennites, and they struggle against their own beast your natures.
Speaker 2: Okay, so there's.
Speaker 3: Vampire hunters, secret vampire societies, you know all this. So so what's happened is that that game has become the actual meeting place for vampires to connect worldwide and to meet up and all this kind of stuff. So there's this real thing and it doesn't matter how you kind of look into it. That there are three major clans or thirteen, sorry, thirteen major clans that basically run you know, all of these, you know, so there's different leaders and they do different stuff.
Speaker 2: But I mean, these meetups happen.
Speaker 3: Worldwide now and it's all through this game being able to give them somewhere to connect and to talk to each.
Speaker 2: Other and to discuss stuff. So it's got the angle that you've kind of brought this and it's totally like, like I said to you before we started filming, I was like, look, Joels, I don't know anything about vampires other than what I've seen in movies and maybe a little bit of knowledge base around it, but nothing like very much. Nothing major.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: I love the perspective that have brought it in it because I guess, you know, one of the reasons we start Encrypted Women's Society, and it's the same with cryptids, it's the same with paranormal. In any of these minority groups that you have an interest in, an involvement in, it's because you're looking for a group of like minded people that aren't gonna laugh in your face tell you you're stupid and ridicule. You you're looking for people that have a bit of a brain and can have a conversation and can create some sort of community and some sort of experience for you, right.
Speaker 3: And like this community is you have got doctors, lawyers, police, smelitary. It is a huge, huge community like it is. It is not people who are just off the streets or just you know, teenagers all this kind of stuff. There are there are very very prominent people that are in the vampire community, you know, and it's it's a real thing. But you know, as we were discussing this morning, there is a very dark side to it where some of these leaders have taken avantage of some of these young girls. But that's like every every cult you name it, that this is kind of what happens. But this is not a cult, you know, and I want you know, people to understand this is not a cult. These are you know, these this whole kind of learning about all the vampism and the modern day stuff. It's kind of like, really open my eyes.
Speaker 2: It's just like it is. It's like a bunch of bogans hanging out, you know what I mean, Like tigers there you go off, you.
Speaker 3: Go it's it's yeah, it is very very interesting, and yeah, it's and there's millions, there's millions around the world. Basically, it's not like it's a small community. This is a very fast kind of growing community, and you know, and it is kind of hidden in the shadows, but they kind of like that, you know. Of course, New Orleans has just got, you know, like so much history there of the vampires, and I'm going to go in and talk about of the most famous vampires there. But yeah, I think it's it's you know, it's and it's really if there's anybody out there in the vampire community that would love to come and speak to us, we would love to hear your views on it. We would love to talk to you. There is absolutely no judgment, you know. And and that was the big thing that I came across, you know, that that I felt after kind of like researching all of this, is that they're just normal people. They just they just want to feel that they're a part of a community like we all do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and oh my.
Speaker 3: God, like the costumes and just man, I would love to go to one of these vampire balls. That would be so cool. You know, they're just absolutely stunning.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so interesting because I guess like if you look at it from like like movie Hollywood and that sort of stuff, You've got the vampire side, where it's like Dracula and that sort of stuff, where these vampires are sucking the blood and they're like terrible and they're terrifying and all that sort of stuff. And then you've got the other side, which like Underworld Kate Beckinsal who is like amazing costumes and super beautiful, and everyone's beautiful and everyone's dressed up and you know they dream lud but it's not that you know, like you totally buy into that sort of stuff. And then Twilight kind of sits in the middle there, but they're just romantic and they just want love and you know, they just want to be treated as normal people.
Speaker 3: And so it it's so vast, it's so broad.
Speaker 2: How do you figure out where where the truth lies? Right? How do you understand as a whole? Until you start going, Okay, I'm going to do a podcast episode on I'm going to go yeah, so I can literally research myself and actually understand. I find it really really interesting and I love that there's like kind of minority group and you see this as a minority group talking. Millions of people around the world are a part of it. Yes, the likes of Bigfoot or cryptozoology, same with yourrphology, same with reptilian.
Speaker 3: Same with all of these little groups.
Speaker 2: And it's so cool because there's this connection and this crossovers you delve into and we can all connect with it. Whether or not you have a belief system that incorporates that irrelevant. It's all energy transfer, right. And we were talking about this just a little bit earlier in regards to like manifesting and doing some inner work around kind of what it is that's holding you back and what it is that's stopping you from making these choices and being confident in your own ability and your own decisions. And we're actually talking about going on expeditions and adventures and where's our next exhibition exhibition exten We're not at the sevens anymore, Lisa, there's no polls expedition going to be And we were kind of like, what is this in a voice saying that you know we're afraid or we're therefore we skined.
Speaker 3: We're not afraid of anything.
Speaker 2: We have martial arts, high degrees in martial arts, we use guns, we use weapons, We've done all of this sort of stuff. But as we've gotten older and kind of stuck into this whole work space, you're in a voice stuff and that constant.
Speaker 3: Media fear, fear, fear, fear, fear, these people fear, these people don't go there. Yeah, and there is and you know, and you have to met the crime is so bad now. Like I used to be able to go and walk around a cemetery by myself at midnight. We used to think it was funny to scare the shit out of ourselves. Now there's no way I would do that. I can't do that because it is too risky, you know. And that that's the really sad part about kind of growing up in these times, is that we can't go and do that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It's you know, that's the real downside to it.
Speaker 3: And I suppose you know that fear is constantly kind of drilled into your head along with everything else, you know, and then it's just like, nah, just got to stop, you know, because you're just going to be controlled by fear.
Speaker 2: You're never going to go back out and do something. You know.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, and so.
Speaker 2: That's kind of what we're working through at the moment, because like all of our members are kind of where we're sitting as well, and they're dealing with If we're dealing with that, then they're one hundred percent dealing with that as well. So Julie and I are kind of going through that process at the moment as to kind of how do we reclaim that confidence and that kind of internal.
Speaker 3: Like no doubt, like just with go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we'll figure it out at some point, hopefully soon, so that we can help our members.
Speaker 3: Going to nice of places, but we need some really rough places. But you know that's but I mean, look at asking you. We get together and then we just start walking up the hells and doing bad things but.
Speaker 2: In a voice, right. And I kind of like as far as like the vampire communities go and these other little niche communities, you kind of I wonder how brave they are as telling someone that they're part of this vampire community. I wonder if like UFOs, for example, you tell somebody that you saw a UFO and they laugh you off the street. Still with even with all the congressional hearings going on and the government going out, Yeah, Evan not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they still laugh at you.
Speaker 2: And it's a pretty hard place to be when you get told you're not right, you don't know what you saw and you're incorrect all the time. And so yeah, it plays with that little in a voice and it has big impact on the world that you live in and the reality that you create for yourself.
Speaker 3: Right. I love it, like you know, I just really I think it's amazing that these that these people will go out there and go, this is me. I'm going to be true to myself and I'm gonna follow this vampire lifestyle, you know, and stuff like that, and they do it wholeheartedly, you know. You know, is that a big part of it too, the way they're just you know, they're not all kind of drewrself as vampires twenty four seven. You know, they absolutely love the movies, the books, all that kind of thing, and they get the chance to go to these nightclubs, to go to these bulls and to be able to dress up and then you know, kind of carry on and back into our normal.
Speaker 2: Life as we say, you know, and we do it, you know here.
Speaker 3: How we do about conspiracies and vampires and big vot and then we go to work. You know, hopefully I deal with people, you know, as we all do her in this community at least you're in at twenty four to seven, but you know, we will get there. But yeah, you know, it's a big part of it. So I just like, I'm really fascinated for Buyer and I would love to, you know, actually go into that community, to go to one of these balls and to talk to these people that are like part you know, all of them, even the Seguines, and just kind of like really get to the the bottom of you know, their philosophy and how they feel. And you know, yeah, I just yeah, it would be really cool. There are any vampires out there of all parts of the community, if you would like to contact us, we would love to have you know, I'd love to have a talk to you.
Speaker 2: We'd love to interview you.
Speaker 3: There is no judgment here on any lifestyle that you choose to have. So yeah, it'd be super excited. I love it, love it.
Speaker 2: What else you got, girl?
Speaker 3: Okay, So going from our modern vampires, we're going to go into a very famous New Orleans. Well he's not just a New Orleans, but famous around New Orleans is Saint Jacques Saint Germaine.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he is God. There's just there's so much. So first of all, we will.
Speaker 3: Start with count Count of Saint Germain.
Speaker 2: So right, this is back. Let's start in Europe.
Speaker 3: This is the seventeen hundreds, right, So this man appears in royal courts across France, England and beyond right through Europe. Okay, nobody knows where he come from, what his real name is. But he gave himself the pseudomyn, the Count of Saint Jermaine. But he also admitted two kings that this wasn't his true identity. Now there are letters and from famous people like the Madame de Pompaut Pompadour, who was King Louis the fifteenth mistress. She was very popular apparently, and from King Louis himself and Volunteier were all said to enjoy his company company and wrote about him. Okay, so he's not a figment of people's imagination. Okay, So this was a real living person. So he was a multi lingual, like he spoke so many languages, and we're talking about Greek and Roman and you know, not Greek, Greek and Egyptian, you know, all these different languages like he was just like amazing, a master musician, an alchemist, and a storyteller, teller, and he moved very easily among the nobility. So they one thing that most of them all agree on. And you know, even researchers and people that have done historians are done on that he is from nobility, so that there's kind of no real things. So he does have a noble background. Yeah, a royal background. So he came out of just like nowhere, showing up out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: So the first thing was in the seventeen hundreds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone was absolutely fascinated by him because he seemed tireless, timeless, So he looked no older than fifty. Yet people had known him for twenty plus years, but the whole time he was in the court, his age never really changed. He just looked the same even decades. Yeah, question of flag number one so even stranger. Whenever he hosted banquets, he never ate. Now this is written back from the seventeen hundreds, so this is written like kings have written about this, Nobles have written about him like top. You know, famous people are going, we absolutely love this guy. He is an entertainer, he tells us stories.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so but here we go.
Speaker 3: So whenever he hosted the banquets, he never ate, not a single bite. Nobody ever saw him eating. He would, even though the guests would be enjoying lavish meals and eating, he always stood off to the side, sipping from a dulled goblet with what they assume was wine, this red liquid but they thought was wine. So instead of food, he fed them stories, stories of historical events told in such vivid de type details, like he was actually there. So this guy even claimed to have conversations with Cleopatra and other famous pharaohs and be in all these places and in Greece and you know, all these things that have and he would talk about when he was there, when there were no planes and when there were no vehicles, you know, and all this kind of stuff. And he would give these vivid descriptions of these places and these historical events, which later on, if people didn't even know them, proved to be real. Off Flat number two.
Speaker 2: Ohh there we go. Yeah, so yeah, he claimed.
Speaker 3: He also claimed that he was centuries old and that he had found a way to cheat time. He was linked to secret laboratories Alexis of Youth and He even had the ability to fuse diamonds together, which was apparently seen. Okay, some called him a genius some of the some others tune around and said that he was something far darker because there was they knew that he was, you know, basically doing all these things, and you know, but people always said that there was a little bit of a darker site him. Right. So he was described as being short, like he wasn't a very tall man at all, and so he had like the kind of white he had very very distinct features, right, So this was this guy. So officially he died in seventeen eighty four in Germany, but there are reports of him being seen long after his supposed death, like people when he was traveling around the world.
Speaker 2: People would be like, hey, that's him, that's him.
Speaker 3: Okay. So now this is where it gets a little bit interesting. So it is said that his fun so nobody really knew where he came from, but he did tell King Louie.
Speaker 2: Because people like, who are you? Who are you?
Speaker 3: Why won't you tell us? So he was forced into telling King Louie who he truly was, and King Louie accepted it and basically told everybody I know you don't need to know.
Speaker 2: Interesting game.
Speaker 3: So but it is said that his father was Francis the second Razowski, who was a Transylvanian prince. He was undiscrutiny for some reason, just like whatever, and he had a son and they said they thought his son was in danger. That like, he basically got threatened that they were going to come and kill his family, and so he wanted his son to survive, so he gave him to the Medici family.
Speaker 2: But I wish you could see my face right on cold of conspiracy. My mouth just dropped open. Ah, how cold is that?
Speaker 3: So, like, you know, everybody who knows the Medici family, you know, they're one of the main families, the powerful. They were into oh my god, just all sorts and alchemy and yeah, you know, all that kind of stuff. It was.
Speaker 2: They're all well known for it. So and yeah, so potentially he gave his vampire son to the Medici family, who is still in control.
Speaker 3: Who are pretty kind of out there themselves.
Speaker 2: Sam Fuss forward, hold on, hold, I'm not starting to add to it. Okay, So you can get this guy sat Count sat Count of Saint Jermaine and Mark camp correptia. Yeah, yeah, yeah, count Saint Jermaine back in seventeen hundreds, you said that he was seen fusing diamonds together. Yes, right, I just jumped on that. Basically, it says you can't simply melt and fuse diamonds, as their high melting point and sublimination under it an atmospheric pressure make it impractical for most purposes. Instead, diamonds adjoined together using other materials. Essentially it is impossible to fuse diamonds.
Speaker 3: But they remember he was right into the alchemy, so he could have used something else, you know what I mean. So it could have been a slight of the hand, who knows. Yeah, So going into that alchemy and all that kind of stuff, so yeah.
Speaker 2: Easily be a shift of you know, a diamond at the end of the day, is energy, right, It's just cells put together or adams put together in an energetic format. So it could if he was into all of that sort of stuff and he had some sort of other worldly powers, he could have manipulated that energy into some.
Speaker 3: Because there's other people that have come out that have been into alchemy that can change this. They can make gold, they can you know.
Speaker 2: And that's just the violation of the energetic material. I have a quick comment just before you go take us to the future. Hold on to that futuristic for a second.
Speaker 3: What up to Kirby's one hundred?
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, drop your favorite vampire movie in the comments here, the indescribable Octomancis Salem's Lot.
Speaker 3: What do you reckon? And I like it?
Speaker 2: We also have a question from Kirby's one hundred. Do you think this is a great question? By the way, do you think vampires have bad breath? Have you a vampires breath? Wow? I mean oh well, I mean.
Speaker 3: You basically just live drinking blood. That's probably not the best. That would be quite sulfuric, you know, because you smell like anybody who's been on a farm and you know, been around something that's been killed, or you've been hunting and there's a lot of blood around. You know, it's got that really strong sulfuric type smell. Would that, Oh my god, I guess they could have the doomsday farts from how can.
Speaker 2: They do the.
Speaker 3: Fat?
Speaker 2: Tell me? You know, do vampires fat?
Speaker 3: That would be great? Yeah, that's your question?
Speaker 2: Maybe, Yeah, that that would be really interesting.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know, it's all depends on them, you know, their gut makeup and.
Speaker 2: Well because.
Speaker 3: Carrying on, Like you see, like there was some blood found in bottles of wine, so then mix up the wine and absence. So maybe yeah, maybe they mix it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a mixer. Maybe they taste.
Speaker 3: That's what cocktails came from, the original cocktails.
Speaker 2: Oh my godness, this is going downhill real fast? What though, all things considered, right, Okay, I might not be a vampire, but I I love my cocktail, but I love some blood in a cocktail. No, I might not be a vampire, but I love my steak real bloody. Like my family when they eat steak, they're like, cook it, mom, and I'm like you, and so I'm like, I like it kind of rare, medium, rare, potentially still walking blue, but rear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the people that eat it blue, you know, we're like, don't you're gonna kind of get that fat, like.
Speaker 2: A little bit kind of crispy, a crisp on the outside, but then I like it when it bleeds on the inside.
Speaker 3: Right, So reptilian vampire now we're kind of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there, I have to say.
Speaker 3: You and I are like meat eaters, man, when we travel, we go out, we it's like I need meat, Like I can't not have meat every day. It's just one of those things.
Speaker 1: Let's move on.
Speaker 3: I like that answer your question. And we got onto vampire farts and bad breath. But I don't know carry maybe this next bat will help.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry everyone. It always goes down there so fast.
Speaker 3: Okay, So now we're fast forwarding to the early nineteen hundreds in New Orleans, the French Quarter. So we have got to go there, man. So a frenchman arrives, wealthy, charming, middle aged, what's his name, Jacques Saint Germaine.
Speaker 2: It's a bit similar, isn't it Get a little bit similar?
Speaker 3: So he buys a home on Royal Street and starts trying extravagant parties for the city's elite.
Speaker 2: Just like the count.
Speaker 3: Jacques dazzled his guests with endless towers of history of Egypt, Italy France. Again told in such precise detail. It was like he explained it like he had lived them. Okay, So again he's saying, this is what happened, this is what happened. There were no trains, there were no planes. It was like this whole kind of same conversation, okay, so very similar to what was being said. So you know, my thing is like, okay, did this guy read up about you know, the other guy, Bloody, the Count of Saint Germain, but then there wasn't. Yeah, it's really hard. It's just kind of friggured out. Also, like the Count, this guy was short and had blonde here and white blondie white here. Okay, so probably like the Little Wiggie things, very very similar features lost boys anyone, Yeah, but shorter. So this guy so, you know, same as the Count.
Speaker 2: He was short.
Speaker 3: He was impeccably dressed, and so was Jacqu's. He was short, very and pecari dressed. He dressed like he had come from some ancient kind of place, so that you know, his costume one of his costumes. But the way he dressed was money was wealth, was old money, you know, it was all that kind of stuff. Very very well educated like the Count, spoke multiple languages like the Count. Nobody knew where his money came from, just like the Count, so and that is all they knew. They never knew where he came from, where he went an like that, and then also recorded, just like the Count, he never ate. Nobody ever saw him eating. Okay, he would host banquets full of wine and food and you know again standing there telling everybody his stories. Guests only ever saw him drinking from a glass of a deep red blaquid.
Speaker 2: There we go, wow, mister Jake Day.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So he also had portraits of the Count of Saint Germain in his house and people would look at the portrait and he would tell them that he was a descendant. He didn't say he was. He said he was a descendant of the count, although he looked exactly the same as the paintings.
Speaker 2: Ah ah, wow, there we go.
Speaker 3: So there's like pictures of him, pictures of the count, and it's yeah, they're.
Speaker 2: Very very very genetically. There are people that look so similar to their parents, all like one parent aboutely, but as they grow up, things to changing. We know this, right, my sons and I was identical to his father right when he was little, he was literally a little mini me, not me of his dad. Right, he looked nothing like me. And as he's grown up and now he's seventeen, doesn't look like three foot above his dad than his father, but doesn't look like him at all. Like you would not even pick that they were the same family line. So that's what I mean, right, Like, yeah, sure when they're little, absolutely, but people grow into the other half of their genetic mayhew, right, how does that not happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's one hundred and fifty years between difference between them, right.
Speaker 2: So that's two generations. That's not just one. It could be three.
Speaker 3: It could be three because they did people didn't last that long. You know, they're dying in their forties in the fifties, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You know people who yeah, he master until he was eighty. That's one hundred and sixty years of two generations. That's just on that cusp there that you were talking about like this, that's no overleap, right, that's I had you when I was eighty and you had made he was seventy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, So again there are stories of him, you know, people telling stories about meeting him, and you know, all this kind of stuff, even though you do go back into the historical books in New Orleans and there is not much information. There was a Jack Saint Jermaine that came over on a ship and that was apparently an engineer, but it's all very like a lot of the information has been lost, you know, and all that kind of stuff, but it's not the same person.
Speaker 2: I imagine that that's quite a popular name, Saint Jermaine. I mean, like you see Saint Jermaine all over the show, and Jack was such a popular European here, so nobody.
Speaker 3: Really knew where they came from. Some city was Spanish, some city was Italian, some city was great, so nobody really knew. But apart from that whole the Medici thing, there's been at the transylvan Transylvanian ones, there's been no real kind of connection. There was another I can't remember, a countess. It was her illegitimate child or something.
Speaker 2: But yeah, do we know, like in the nineteen ninety, sorry, in nineteen nineteen and the nineteen hundreds where Jack Saint Germain showed up, do we know who he was connected to? Because it sounds like in the past thebody knows needed to Saint Louis.
Speaker 3: No nothing, they know nothing about him. This guy turned up, brought a house, had money, and hosted all these lavish parties.
Speaker 2: Until connections as far as like the families or the people that he partied.
Speaker 3: With, that's nothing. He came in. He was a foreigner that came into New Orleans and basically just brought this house and then just started throwing lavish parties, and people from around the whole area and from other states will come because they knew about his parties. So this was all really cool until one night things took a bad turn. So there was a scandal, a big scandal. So late one evening, a woman, some say she may have been a propitute, was seen leaping from Jack's balcony, so she was a lady of the night, So she was accused of being a lady of the night. Others said that she wasn't so at these conflicting things there, So she was seen leaping from Jack's balcony. Some said she smashed through the window and she basically hit the ground hard but survived. She was hysterical and bleeding from her neck. Okay, so she told bystanders that Jacques had attacked to her attacked her. He had lunched at her throat, bitten her on the neck, and she only escaped when a knock at the door distracted him, giving her the chance to basically smash through this window and jump off a balcony. So I mean that's a pretty desperate move.
Speaker 2: Driven. That is that is fear driven, that is things. So, so what happened, So the police got called.
Speaker 3: Jack's respected, you know, he was respected and wealthy, calmly denied all of it and agreed to visit the station the next morning. So what happened is that the woman went to the police station. They accused her of being a lady of the night, which she may have been, but that doesn't make no excuse, and she gave them record of basically how he attacked her and what happened. So they went to him that night and were like, hey, this is and he goes, oh, look I'll come in the morning. I'll explain it all. Oh you know, there's no issue here. And they're like all right, Jack's you're all good, mate, come down to the police station in the morning. Jack's didn't turn up, so they're like, ah, So they went to his house. So when they knocked on the door and they went inside, it was empty. He was gone, like he fled and.
Speaker 2: The night okay.
Speaker 3: So he basically described his clothes and he was gone.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So but the only thing so they went to where his refrigerator and all that kind of stuff was all the food pantry whatever it was. There was no food in there whatsoever, like nothing. But all they found were dozens and dozens of wine bottles. One of these wine bottles had been broken, and what was coming out of it was what they found. It was a mixture of wine and blood together. Some say it was absence, which was like that really strong anis seed kind of wine that was made of like wormwood and all that kind of stuff, so it's really really strong flavor and.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So that was literally where these bottles of blood were all that was left in this house, and he was basically he disappeared and he was never seen there again.
Speaker 2: Hey Jack, you forgot your wine bottom for the blood, you forgot your blood.
Speaker 3: Well they say that he was never seen again. But there are modern day stories I'm talking about in twenty twenties. I've got another kind of another one that will come in twenty twenties, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: All this kind of thing are people.
Speaker 3: Saying that he is still walking the streets, and then he's still there. One guy was basically walking home one night. He saw a short man blonde here leaning up against a pole. Had kind of like the hat and a jacket and stuff on it, and he spoke briefly to the sky and he said something weird. I think I put on all the social media. And then he was like, yeah, okay, mate, have a good night. And he walked past and he said it was just he just felt really weird. So he turned around and the guy was gone. There was nowhere for him to disappear. Another one was a bunch of the train riders. You know how you get kids and young people that ride the train. So there were some anw Orleans and they said this elderly man that looked about in his fifties sixties came and spoke to them. He was short, he was blonde, and came in, gave them some money, had conversation with him, started talking about Egypt and all these other really thing places and about how he used to travel, and they were just like, he was just really weird.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: They were just like, we just got bad vibes. And he goes, not like a sexual wacis, but we just got bad vibes. And then they, you know, they kind of left. So there are reports of supposed encounters with Jacq's. So this is interesting it is, and then we come to nineteen seventy, so they was what happened seventy Yet there was a guy called Richard Shanfrey. So he was the twentieth century Saint jue Maine. So he claimed that he was Saint Jermaine. He stepped onto European TVs and made one of the boldest claims and said, this is me, this is who I am. So as you know, you know the originals from the eighteenth So he comes along. He's a French math born in Lyon who fully embraced like this whole legend of who he was. He presented himself as like this immortal count and that he was alive and he was ready to show all his power in the modern age. So he appeared on French and television and Spanish television shows. His big trick was supposed alchemy and he would transmute lid into gold on camera. So people quick dismiss it's nothing more than showman's But yeah, he lived a life, they said it wrapped in glamour and scandal. He was a public figure who loved the spot life, but his personal life was often chaotic and unlike the Immortal Count, he claimed to be Richard Shamfrey's life indo tragically where he basically undid himself. Yeah, at thirty five years old and alongside his partner Dalida. So it was very public and shocking.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so we have do we have a story about when he went on television to actually do this alchemy trick? Did this happen?
Speaker 3: Just like from the nineteen seventies, so between as angels, Richard shamfray so Richard and Shamfrey c H A N F R A Y. So there's probably stuff around him, Like I didn't really go into him because he Yeah, but it's what's really interesting. I don't know if we can bring up Let me try and bring up this picture. I want to show you guys a picture. Ah, damn it, I want to bring up a picture.
Speaker 2: Documents.
Speaker 3: We're going into documents. This is our Sorry, I apologize. I'm just going to share your screen. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm just I'm really interested in whether or not he actually did anything on television as far as alchemy, because I don't, you know, throughout all of the research I've done, and I've done a little bit on alchemy, I don't know anyone that's ever managed to trans mutate lead into gold. I mean that's always what the alchemy kind of catchphrases, right, alchemy allows you to change lead into gold and become whatever else. You see him? Oh, I'm not looking, sorry, yes, I'm looking. Oh hi, this is Look at the nose.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but look at that knows how it goes to the side, and it's got a little hook.
Speaker 2: Noses don't lie unless you've had a nose job. Yeah, and kind of yelobes, yelobes. Look at his earlobes.
Speaker 3: I know it's it's very interesting, but like, his nose was the first thing that got me.
Speaker 2: His nose and his ear lobes. He's actually quite handsome, isn't he Look at him. Yeah, yeah, he was definitely a handsome He's like Facebook page.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it is him, because that would.
Speaker 2: Be weird, being that he offered himself.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's just going to be a little bit strange, very very interesting dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, and oh this is cool.
Speaker 2: I like this dude. I'm going to do a little bit of research into him and see if we can find some more and find the other picture.
Speaker 3: Sorry, guys, I'm just it'd be really.
Speaker 2: Cool to cool to do some research on and do a bit of a live on. Maybe we could actually do a whole episode on people that have, you know, allegedly can can do alchemy. Here we go. Can you see these guys? Now?
Speaker 3: Yes, these are all the Saint Germain's that have claimed to be Saint Jermain through the years.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Okay, yeah, I can see. I can see the similarities. And even if you were to take off that the wig that those three of them are wearing, they would be very very similar, wouldn't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it's the nose, the mouth, the eyes, you know what I mean, it's all very very yeah.
Speaker 2: And the earlobes.
Speaker 3: The earlobes say it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very interesting.
Speaker 3: And these portraits had done hundreds of years apart and the photo. So whether he is or not, mister what's his name down there, mister Richard, I have no idea, but yeah, very interesting, isn't it. Wow. It's just one of those things that you can't say yes and you can't say no.
Speaker 2: It's like it's up lead it up to the people to be like, okay, we need to ask some of out vampire listeners, please come.
Speaker 3: And clear this mess up for us. We don't know, we don't understand.
Speaker 2: We don't want to make assumptions on whether or not mister Richard was the Jack Saint Jermaine and the Count of Saint Germaine.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so he's very very He's spoken a lot, and it's supposedly in New Orleans is the building that he actually brought when he was here and bricked up as the window that lady was supposed to have smash through, So it's always seen as a kind of a place to.
Speaker 2: Go and see.
Speaker 3: So we're totally going to New Orleans then are Oh my gosh, I just found it really fascinating, like the whole I mean, who doesn't I mean, who doesn't love the whole vampire law and were wolves and all that kind of stuff if you're kind of crazy like us.
Speaker 2: But well, this is one of the reasons we wanted Raven Lead to jump in on this conversation because she knows so much about New Orleans. I think she's down on the Louis and she could definitely jump into this conversation. So I think this will be like the part that we probably take onto our members interview with her so that we can talk deeper about it, because gosh knows her brain works like ours, which is not safe.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's plenty of vampire encounters in New Orleans, you know, like, you know, stuff pops up all the time. How you know, women go there and basically they've had strange encounters with these men or you know, it's yeah, it's really interesting. But then you've got that whole underground, the vampire clubs and stuff there would just be pretty awesome to be able to go in, go in and talk to people and yeah, you know, it's just.
Speaker 2: I think Louis Thero did a did an episode as part of one of his like dark tourism series or whatever, and he went down to New Orleans and went to this vampire club or this group or whatever that were into the ritualistic drinking of human blood but didn't like to consume human blood.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, actually I didn't go on too. Sorry what I didn't go onto.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen that one for quite a long time, so I can't quite remember it. But I do remember them sitting at a kitchen table together.
Speaker 3: Which yeah, so what I did forget were the Black Swans, So we're going through our less We've got the sanguines, and then we've got the black swans. Okay. So the black swans within the vampire community are the friends, lovers, and supporters of those who understand the vampire culture but don't identify as a vampire. Okay. So they often function as consenting blood donors for some of them. Okay, So there is that kind of stuff. So the sanguine side of stuff, they come out and they say, you know, yes, we have blood donors, but these blood donors are constantly tested. I only have my regular blood donor, and it's small amounts.
Speaker 2: And this kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: So it's not like they're going a slip and arrest or you know, a throat and drinking a whole cup of it because your body, you know, as people know, your body does not you can't drink blood and stuff like the first thing you do, you're just going to throw it up. But you know, if you look at these people and you know anything, if you have it in small doses, you probably build up that tolerance for it. So but yeah, so there are these ones.
Speaker 2: So this was it.
Speaker 3: So this was invented at the Long Black Veil in nineteen ninety seven. So that used to be like a famous club there. I'm not sure if it's still going. So this kind of calling them the black Swans. So these are the supporters and the boyfriends, the girlfriends, the husband's wives and you know, all that kind of stuff. Yeah, so it was kind of isn't it. Yeah, Yeah, so I thought that was kind of cool. So they support them and whatever they do, you know. But yeah, so and being consenting blood donors.
Speaker 2: And you can suck my blood. I actually can't be a blood donor because I'm too little. I'm underneath the weight category.
Speaker 3: So and I was born in England where there was mad cow disease, and I still can't give blood because Merriat apparently I won't give people mad cow disease.
Speaker 2: So there we go.
Speaker 3: That's excellent, all right, sweat and.
Speaker 2: You've got mad count. That's nice. You've got to come in here. Koby's one hundred SE's. My favorite vampire movie is John Carpenter Vampires. The vampires are not romantic, they smell bad and they have really bad breath. So that's where it came from.
Speaker 3: Good tonight, Sorry, I mean how many, I mean, there are just too many movies out there, you know, you I love like Van housaying, you know, like we're there's just so many kind of stories and stuff out there.
Speaker 2: And then the old.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I can see his face where he did the funny count Drac Kila and gone good blood. So yeah, so there are there are so many vampire movies out there, and it's just yeah, but definitely like Underweld, I did actually watch all all five movies of Underworled like a few months back. I actually kind of was like, oh, I need to rewatch all of these because another one came out and I didn't even realize a new one to come out, So so I sat them watched it.
Speaker 2: You got it, honestly, Like these movies are freaking iconic, right, Like they're just part and parcel of what we've grown up with as far as like vampire movies go, like, and I love it. I always kind of I used to sleep with my arms crossed over my chest like a right weirdo because I thought I was a vampire.
Speaker 3: And I quite liked hanging upside down for quite a while.
Speaker 2: I mean, who have we got?
Speaker 3: We've got brain strokes, brain stokers, drag killer, What's I mean, I can't you get the Last Boys?
Speaker 2: Holy Molly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, they became like the first kind of row like hot vampires that people like, really a real interview with the vampire. Oh my god, there's so many, There's so so many.
Speaker 2: So I've got I've got some cool little nostalgia nostalgia for you. Let's go and get some nostalgia, Queen of the damn. That's what I was thinking about Lost Boys.
Speaker 3: You go, yeah, keep the souther I can't remember any of the others, but I remember Keith the Souther on on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are the Lost Boys, and the two Quarries were in this movie as well, that's right. Yeah, and that kind of set them off into start them as far as like being you know, like teens and then kind of moving along that kind of Hollywood pathway. One of our members, Susie, messaged last night saying Lost Boys. She watched it something like seven times in the movie theater.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh god, it was just such an awesome movie, I mean, because it was one of those those real first movies that kind of came out and just kind of yeah, just did this whole crazy kind of vampires sixy vampires and my god, look at KEITHA.
Speaker 2: Sutherland like down, yeah. I literally like the very first, the first sixy vampire kind of boys movie, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, And this this really skyrocketed Keith of Sutherland into like stardom, and then he went into like twenty four and that TV series and that sort of stuff, and yeah, into so many different things, oh many. I looked into The Lost Boys because Lost Boys is one of my all time favorite movies one hundred percent as far as vampire movies go, but also just favorite movie.
Speaker 3: I used to have a giant, giant poster of the Lost who did not have that poster up and of Keith and all the boys and they'm all hanging upside down.
Speaker 2: They still love that my favorite scenes. And so I looked into like weird occurrences and paranormal occurrences and stuff like that, because I was like, there's gotta be something if you're filming something like this, there's got to be something else going on in the background or you know whatever. And there was nothing really really crazy town that came out. Remember when we covered the Mummy series, and there was so many strange occurrences that on the filming of that, and I guess that was probably more to do with the location that they were at, because they were filming in real temple spaces right ye on the land, whereas these guys were filming on set and in houses, and so I kind of went, Okay, there's nothing crazy town as far as like the Lost Boys go. And so then I thought, let's look into hang on, I've got a better one. Let's look into this, and Juliet, you're gonna know.
Speaker 3: This, which spoke about.
Speaker 2: What we do in the shadow. So this is a terrible photo of the of them. They just don't come up, do they. Sorry, this is terrible, but basically what we do in the shadows is a comic skit, if you will, of vampires. Right here go he's a better one. So the storyline on this is basically, there's this whole house full of vampires. There's the guy in the middle with the spiky ears and the bald head who basically lives down in the basement, and he's one of the old school vampires. He's one of the originals and that's why he looks that way. And then you've got the newer guys. Kind of as you go up the stairs, and that sort of stuff, and the more modern vampires that are dressed more appropriately. You've then got this white guy standing on the side here. I can't remember his name for the life of me, but essentially, he stumbles in on this house. He thinks there's a house party here or something like that. He stumbles in on this house and realizes that they're all friggin vampires, right, and they, you know, chase him. And then one of the guy, one of the vampires, stands up and goes, no, I really like him, and he's our friend. And essentially he becomes a friend to the vampires and starts up this group of blood donors, so the vampires no longer have to go out and eat random people and cause chaos and all this sort of stuff. It's hilarious, but it leads me onto what we do in the Shadows was directed by Tiger why Tt, and we know Tiger white Tt from.
Speaker 3: All of the Actually, these yeah, all sorts married to the singer. My god, I've just lost her name married to.
Speaker 2: Who's he married to? That's right, I'll find it. Here's your brain, go and Google search it. But yeah, so Tiger why t T has filmed so many cool things. He filmed a really really funny show about my Aura. He's married to Rita Aura Aura.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, our brain.
Speaker 2: We've just we've been talking for too long now. Jojo Rabbit. So he filmed Jojo Rabbit. And if you haven't seen Jojo Rabbit, that is a great movie that is screwed up so great and it's fantastic.
Speaker 3: And obviously he's also.
Speaker 2: Filmed all of the new action movies.
Speaker 3: You know that he does and all of those who's writ Yeah, and he's just got so many accolades.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's so talented. And he also filmed Eagle Versus Shark. It's quite good, you know. And then the other guy that was doing it was Jermaine Clement, who is part of Flight of the Concords and he also voiced like Molana and that sort of stuff as well. And he's yeah, won so many awards. It's crazy town. Oh sorry, I'm still sharing a big.
Speaker 1: And uh.
Speaker 2: And so I love the story of this movie because we were in Courtney Place, like we were talking about the start, we were in Courtney Place doing this premiere for The Lord of the Rings Empire at the Empire Theater, right, and the house that I was living in, not necessarily during that time. I can't remember if it was directly during the Lord of the Rings premiere or if it was after that. It might have been after that.
Speaker 3: I lived in a house in Mount Vic which is literally just.
Speaker 2: Behind the Embassy Theater, and it turns out it was one of the houses that they filmed for this movie, right what we do in the Shadows, And I was like, oh my gosh, okay, I've got to look into this and see if there was any really weird paranormal occurrences or anything strange going on during that time, because I know when I lived in that house, it had two separate lounges.
Speaker 3: It was about eight bedroom house.
Speaker 2: It was over one hundred years old, massive old mansion, historical chandeliers everywhere, pretty crazy space, and man, the amount of paranormal stuff that happened in that house was crazy, man. And I don't know if anyone else experienced it, but I got the brunt of it. Not really bad kind of evil stuff or anything like that, but definitely like poldergeysed activity. Things were going missing all the time, doors were shutting by themselves, and given it's an old house, and we're a mountain. It's windy, but at the same time, you know when a door doesn't shut by itself and then it shuts by itself.
Speaker 3: There was like dark kind of shadows in all of the closets.
Speaker 2: There was stuff would get broken. That was one of the things I was just thinking about it, going God, that was a long time ago. Things would get broken all the time, glasses, cups, We fucking never had any plates because everything plate was broken. They would just fly off the bench or you know whatever. And that was one of the things that I was always like, God, I hate this house because stuff just keeps getting broken all the time. Were forever buying like dish sets and like and plates and stuff. And so when I started Google searching whether or not there was paranormal occurrences, one of the funniest things that came up. There wasn't actually any like kind of really specifics. I think if we actually went and spoke to those guys or the cast and crew, that would probably come out very clearly. But one of the funniest things that came out was when they were on set in one of these houses, and they filmed in about five or six different houses. They didn't tell, or maybe they forgot to tell, or maybe the next door neighbors simply didn't read the notice in their letter box that they were filming and in the next door neighbor's house. And so the police are getting phone calls and like all this stuff's happening, go, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, there's vampire's next door, Like.
Speaker 6: Like my next door neighbors have turned into vampires because they didn't know that was filming next door. They were getting with like little glimpses through the windows or whatever of these crazy people dressed up as vampires.
Speaker 2: You shit yourself, right? Could you imagine that if you like, when we're.
Speaker 3: Doing the film and television, when we're doing doing all the makeup and stuff for it, So we were doing scenes were like basically they've been fighting and swords and so the huge gashes on people and there was blood and fake blood stores. We had to call the police and tell them this is what we're doing at the park because we don't want people turning up thinking that these dead bodies and like blood and people walking around with swords. So you had to kind of, yeah, make them aware of what we were doing. So a few vampire movies and TV shows True Blood obviously.
Speaker 2: Sookie and a pequin, right, so that the lead. Yeah, she's a key and she's not just a key with She's from Wellington and we spoke about earlier.
Speaker 3: I went to school with her. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we have True Blood, we have Queen of the Damned. And this is like the last movie that Leah made.
Speaker 2: And then she flew home and she didn't quite make it home.
Speaker 3: So her can forget Buffy, Buffy and Angel, you forget about an Angel and Spike.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know, everyone's like, yeah, Angel, Angel, but I was a Spike fan and it's just my personality.
Speaker 2: I love Spike.
Speaker 3: I just thought and his girlfriend who was his girlfriend. She was the crazy, real crazy girlfriend and she basically liked to kill everybody. And yeah, she was awesome.
Speaker 2: I love resonate with you, Juliet, from Dust.
Speaker 3: To Dawn, The Hunger Fright, Night Blade, the Original Blade, and the whole you know, the big shower scene where they're all showering and blood and stuff in the on that the people got upset and ran out of the theaters apparently who knows, Yeah, they're enjoying it.
Speaker 2: I just like the fact that he used swords. I was like, this is the corest ever.
Speaker 3: He was. He was like that, like he kind of took it up a notch from the Lost Boys and was like I am kick ass.
Speaker 2: Shook and the Eyes. Yeah, Blade was one of my favorite movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so I'm just trying to think who else.
Speaker 2: I mean this, this is so underworld obviously interview with the Vampire and yeah.
Speaker 3: We're talked about that with Yeah, with Tom Cruise and Brad pet and yeah, that was like one of Tom Cruise is one of my favorite roles for Tom Cruise, like and we don't.
Speaker 2: We don't rate Tom very highly, so the fact that he's actually I got into trouble at a movie theater with that too.
Speaker 3: So but anyway, because I was laughing at a scene he was doing, and the lady in front of me, who was obviously a very very big Tom Cruise fan, got very upset with me.
Speaker 2: It was the last Samurai. I'm just saying, Tom Cruise and a Samurai outfit, it's hilarious. That's never going to It was.
Speaker 3: About like Brad Peck, oh my god, and Troy Troy like dying Peter ol'dtoll I think it was Peter ol' tall and he walked out and a tie tie like kept Andrews, and I was like, I was on the floor. I couldn't stop laughing. We were literally we thought so. At the time that Troy came out.
Speaker 2: We were at drama school and one of our assignments was to go and watch Troy. And we're like, okay, we'll go and watch it. We'll look Apparently the cinematography is amazing and it's got all of these really really great actorsies and we sat there waiting out laughing. My face was so sore because it was so overly ridiculously acted. Like the best part for me was when was when wats his face? Brad Pitt stood off the off the end of the boat and simply.
Speaker 3: Camera and oh my god, oh my god, bye, can you tell him?
Speaker 2: And he just looked into the vastness that was the ocean and we were like, oh my god, this is over day, farts, my dogs, just ball, I've got a vampire. And now, yeah, I know that Troy was pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were like, like, honestly, we were crying, like I think at one point Lisa was on the floor and the cheers and because we were trying.
Speaker 2: Not to annoy people because we were laughs.
Speaker 3: And then when Peter O'tle walked out of the tired eyed, bloody the blue and white tied eyed dress thing on like that, I was gone. I couldn't, I couldn't hold it longer. I was just like this, Yeah, I did love Eric Barner in that, like you did that an awesome fight.
Speaker 2: I love Eric Barner.
Speaker 3: He's an Australian actor. Eric just just amazing. Yeah we yeah, yeah, he's on the new TV show here that's been based here in Australia. I can't remember the name of it, but I haven't seen it yet, but it should be good. But on who can forget Vampire Diaries and the Originals the Originals thank you, Yes, the Michaelson's and now they're and of course I like the crazy one. As for usual Klauslaus, what about with a key actor? The other brother was a key. He's a key with Elijah the guy that plays Elijah, he's a key as well.
Speaker 2: So VP diary. Did you ever watch Abraham Lincoln The Vampire Killer Vampire Slam? Possibly? I know the movie that I think, I just I can't remember it.
Speaker 3: Literally walks around with a shotgun. Oh so it's one of those big grade ones. And then there was the other one where it was kind of it was not b grat it was a good movie.
Speaker 2: The other one where it was.
Speaker 3: It was like done in like the nineteen twenties or something. So there were vampire slaves and these girls and all in these big dresses and stuff. This is so I mean, there's so many, Like I will watch all vampire movies, even Twilight. I will watch all were wolf movies, even Twilight. Yeah, vampires and were wolves and I will watch I just yeah, I just love them, even like B grade, my C grade and my D grade movies, I will watch them all.
Speaker 2: I just think they're absolutely hilarious. You've got to. And then you've got like the cartoon versions, right Hotel trenfil Vane, Oh my god, blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Our guys watched that, like Eline, We were obsessed with those movies and they would watch them all the time. So yeah, we got to know these movies intimately at Dark Wing Duck. So Dark Wing Duck was the vampire Duck.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, so many I've got I've got just a little bit that I wanted to share with you. It's it's kind of getting out of coming back from from Disney and Hollywood. I did like a little bit of searching on the South Pacific, like are there vampires in the South Pacific and kind of what that looks like. Because remember when we last year, was it we went to Too Long.
Speaker 3: Cemetery in Brisbane in.
Speaker 2: Grave. Yeah, there was a vampire grave there on Spook Hill. So this Too Long Cemetery is one of the oldest and biggest cemeteries in the whole of Australia. And given Australia is huge, it literally fits into America and America fits into Australia. That's how gigantic the land mass is.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So we went to Brisbane and we went to oz Comic Con and all this other stuff, and we thought, okay, we're going to do this cemetery investigation, right, and Juliet has some pretty crazy experiences. Who is behind you, buddy, what we're talking about? Scary stuff? Eli, Oh my gosh, your grandson's standing behind you and I'm talking about vampires. This was not okay. Oh that's scared the living bejeebas out of me. Yeah, I forgot to tell you it's homesick today, a little heart attack if I had a double thing.
Speaker 3: I saw was this little black kind of circle around your head.
Speaker 2: For anyone that's just listening to us, Juliet's grandson is literally just coming and stupid like a giant shadow.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, well he gave me like a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my god, is that?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were in this cemetery. Do you had some pretty crazy experiences in there with like a pretty demonic evil entity. We went up this place called Spook Hill, which is a really really well known place in the cemetery itself, and you can actually google search spook Hill and it will bring up to Wong Cemetery. And the story goes that not only is there like a black widow buried up there, which is obviously a woman who was a serial killer, but there was a vampires buried up there. And so I thought, Okay, I'm going to go into this a little bit. Maybe there are vampires that have been buried in and around the South Pacific, right, there's a few. There's a few, like folk lore stories, entities that suck blood and suck energy through Like yeah, like Filipino folklore and that sort of stuff, and there's one in like ban Awatu that's quite similar. They're not seen as the European vampires, but very much do the same sort of thing where they drained blood or they drain energy. Anyway, so I kind of went into this, so I'm just going to read you this real quick. This is the information that I kind of put together and came up with, and this kind of explains the vampire that we thought was buried on Spook Hill. Obviously, urban legends and stories get adjusted to fit narratives and all that sort of stuff. So there are rumors of a vampire vampire burial on Spook Hill in Tuong cemmetry. One tale talks about the nineteenth century female vampire supposedly buried there, with stories that her grave was opened and the body hadn't decayed, basically your classic undead legend.
Speaker 3: So this is kind of her story.
Speaker 2: It says. The cemetery also has a spot known as Spook Hill, which is what we talked about. There are people that say cars roll up hill on their own there, which gives like a huge amount of like paranormal kind of energy there. Right, And when we went there. We were like, man, there is a whole heap of paranormal energy.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was sad and it wasn't good right, Like, it was really kind of scary stuff. Oh my god, there's a ghost out my corner of my window. Right now, go away. There is my husband coming back trying to pretend to be a ghost out my window. Sorry, we're going off topic, left, right, and center here. So on top of that hill there was a woman named Tracy Wigginton who was known as the Lesbian vampire.
Speaker 3: Killer, and she's buried up there.
Speaker 2: She's not the same vampire that is told in the stories of the nineteenth century female vampire where she was unm dug up and she had not composed, not decomposed. So I was like, okay, cool, who is this chick, Tracy the lesbian vampire Killer? Do you want to guess what the story's about?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Tell you.
Speaker 3: That will get us banned?
Speaker 2: Okay, donkey. So she was dubbed the Lesbian vampire Killer. She was involved in a pretty notorious murder case in Brisbane back in nineteen eighty nine. She along with a few accomplices i e. Other woman, including the girlfriend of the man lured this guy called Edward, Poor Edward. They lured him to a park under the pretenses that they were going to give him a ride home, right, him and his girlfriend can give him a.
Speaker 3: Ride of a different kind. Like seriously, this is literally like the start of the story.
Speaker 2: And I was like, the their lesbian vampire killer is something dodgy's going on in a park.
Speaker 3: In the dark with Edward.
Speaker 2: Edward's getting himself into a situation he can't. But it turns out that they were going to give him and his girlfriend a ride home, but his girlfriend was in on it the whole time. The crime was particularly gruesome to the point where they were basically this woman. Tracy ended up using knife numerous times, be careful what you say, and made a mess. She essentially did this so that she could drink his blood because she believed she was a vampire. Wow, and she was one of those vampires that you were talking about that drink sanguince.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, So I was kind of like, Okay, well, what were the other women doing. What were they a part of? Apparently they were just there to support so maybe they were the black Swans if you will, of that story.
Speaker 3: And Tracy was definitely.
Speaker 2: They were all just very psychoic and like, Yeah, but she ended up drinking his blood, which is pretty mental to hirak obsession. Yeah, all of the above. So anyway, she is buried there. She is not obviously the older vampire story. But we do know that those stories and look, you know, Australia has been around for years and that cemetery itself has been around. I think it's been there for long more than two hundred years. I think it was closer to maybe the two fifty because it's got a whole heap of Aboriginal there as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's pretty crazy. Well I will give you one more little vampire creature, but we'll go for a little creature here in Australia.
Speaker 2: It's good yarrama yahoo, I love.
Speaker 3: So he's a legendary vamperic monster that is found here mainly in Southeastern Australia and Aboriginal mythology. So according to legend, so I will show you petch of them in the minute. He resembles a little red frog like man with a very big head, a large mouth with no teeth, and suckers on his hands and feet. So it said that he lives in fig trees, and instead of hunting for food, he waits in the fig trees for these unsuspecting travelers to basically come along and go, oh, it's so hot in the Australian sun. I'm going to lay down and rest here. And then basically the creature falls down on top of them, uses his little suckers to drain all the blood from them, and then he swallows that person whole.
Speaker 2: Then he goes and has a drink of water. There's a whole ritual.
Speaker 3: Here, goes in his drink of water and takes a nap. He then wakens. He then awakens and then regurgitates the victim. Yeah, I know, it gets really good, leaving them shorter than before. So now they've shrunk a little bit, okay, and their victim's skin has also got like this reddish tint to them. So this process is repeated until the victim becomes a yarram Yahoo themselves and here is our little Yarram Yahoo.
Speaker 2: Look how cute he is?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Not so cute for the people though, so yeah, So he basically just.
Speaker 3: Sucks them up, spits them out, sucks them up until they get short and red and look like him, and then they become a Yaramiyahoo. Total blood sucker.
Speaker 2: A little bloodsucker. Look at him.
Speaker 3: He really likes fig trees as well. Yeah, he's in the fig trees. Yeah, he's in the fig trees here in Australia.
Speaker 2: So if you go under the gum.
Speaker 3: Trees, you'll get taken out by a drop beer. If you go under a fig tree, you get a Yarama Yahoo. And if you go in any other tree you'll have fiery caterpillars drop on you and you feel like your skin is on fire with lover, or if you lay down and fall asleep, the ants.
Speaker 2: Will get you that are this big.
Speaker 3: Come to Australia. Just don't sit under the trees.
Speaker 2: So funny, do you know we were watching the other night, We were watching like a show with two what do you call them, like survivalists or whatever, and they're dumped in the middle of nowhere, but they're survivalists and they can survive and they've just got to get from point A to point B already.
Speaker 3: That's guy's walking around with.
Speaker 2: No shoes on, right, he's the guy that has no shoes, and the other guy's in military g military guy, right, And he's walking around with no shoes on, and I was like, Wow, you're not in Australia. And then where are you. Oh, he's in New Zealand because he's gone. If he was in Australia, those ants are going to kill your feet, man, Like that is not, oh my god. Like honestly, we found an ant.
Speaker 3: I was like doing some gardening and I found a dead ant and the dog's water bowl and it was over an inch and a half long. Like the I'm just like, I've never seen the ant that berg. I'm like looking at this thing, going, what the fuck are you? I mean, I've seen them like a good inch long where you've got them. I mean, we used to go to the parks. This is such an Australian We used to go to the parks and because like you've got all the ant this and they all go underground and so the grounds, you know, there's no kind of like it's not like a big termite hell, it's just a hole in the ground and there's like heaps of ants and stuff around and we used to basically run up and jump on them and run away and laugh and watch all the thousands of ants come out like big buggers. Man, if they could get you, you bed so much they hurt, Like, honestly, I got bitten by a.
Speaker 2: God, what was it, I can't remember, like this big flying ant thing.
Speaker 3: Man, I yelled, it hurt like I was.
Speaker 2: I was on the washing. I picked the washing up and it just basically turned around and just like jumping chomp arm. It was so painful. I'm yelling.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, I didn't know if it was a cross between a really bad beasting or I didn't know because I didn't see it to start with, but like Katie and the kids saw, like when I was flinging, like we're flinging all the washing because I don't know if I'd been stung by a bee or a wasp, which I'm allergic to, or if it was a red back because we have red back spiders around. So I was panicking, going, oh my god, Like the pain was like intensive, and it wasn't until we kind of flick these towels around this giant ant flipped out.
Speaker 2: Then I was kind of relieved, going, yeah, it's just an ant.
Speaker 3: But then my hand was and my arm was still We're so painful, like yeah, don't do that. Yeah, sorry, that's what it was. It was a bulland yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: This is one of the reasons I no longer live in Australia. It is because I was just attacked by spiders all the time and I just kind of went, no, I'm good at Oh yeah, Douggy, my pit spider's gone. I'm a bit sad about that. I had Douggy my pit spider.
Speaker 3: He was Spidery was up in the kitchen and I said to nobody, nobody was allowed to get rid of Nobody sprayed him. He just did his own thing. He was up there at night and it was like, fine, you can eat the cock croaches that come in your Australia is so bad for cockroaches down this end of the country.
Speaker 2: But then Dougie decided to come down and join Katie in the kitchen. She didn't appreciate I'm doug dug it running around.
Speaker 3: So I evicted Douggie and put him outside. I didn't call him.
Speaker 2: I put him outside the pasta except the out there he dropped out. God, I have I have a spiders. And there's there's folklore stories of giant spiders in like around the South Pacific, and I'm like that is not a god. A giant spider will never be seen as a god and.
Speaker 3: A good thing.
Speaker 2: It's just not going to happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we've got to read back in the bathroom. But it's only a baby one, so he's getting bigger. But we'll be gone by then, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It's just up. I used to stay up there. You're literally going to leave him for the next people to move in and they'll be like, oh, look, it's it's a red that depends. That's I have. I have one more folklore story that's kind of us and I don't know if you've heard of this guy before. I've never heard of him because we haven't really delved deep into like Filipino folklore and Indonesian folklore.
Speaker 3: But it's totally on our list of things to do. We've got some creepy stuff over there.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, yes, oh my god, I've got My example is the Aswong, which is from the Philippines as Wa ng as Wom, which is in the southeast, which is just below Southeast Asia.
Speaker 2: If you don't know where the Philippines is, you're looking kind of Indonesia below Southeast Asia. In that sort of area, and essentially this guy is like, he's super fascinating. In Filipino folklore is he's weird because he's a shape shifter as well, right, so it's a shape shifting creature. It's also known as sort of like a vampire like being. Sometimes it appears as a beautiful woman by day and then transforms into something more monstrous at nighttime, because they always do, right, They're never just beautiful at nighttime as well, are they Have you got a picture of them? I don't, but I'll find one for you in a second. I'm looking at aswang as well. It's said to prey on humans obviously, sometimes drinking blood or even going after the life force of the vulnerable. And obviously they have to go for the vulnerable because they're easy prey, right, And they're driven by fear, and fear is a very very strong emotion. There are also tales about having a long probiscus like tongue that it uses to feed. Oh gross. It's one of those legendary beings that really blows the line between like, you know, vampire witch and a shape shifter. And it's definitely like one of the best examples of a vampire type of creature or entity from Filipino folklore. Have you, I've got a good picture.
Speaker 3: Sorry, yeah she is screen again, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: For anyone just listening to this. Basically, it's this beautiful woman who's got long flowing here, who's turned into this vampire kind of monstrous.
Speaker 3: Face with sharp teeth and this long, very very long twel like over a tongue, like over a foot.
Speaker 2: Long, super long tongue and really sharp clause obviously, because that's what happens.
Speaker 3: So yeah, look her up that as long.
Speaker 2: Ah. Yeah, and I don't know if that's how you say it. If I'm butchering those Filipino words, please I apologize. But yeah, she's pretty cool. So I'd love to do a little bit more into into like Filipino folklore around Indonesia that sort of stuff, because there's some creepy, creepy little things like that cave one, remember the kids in the cave and stuff. Yeah, yeah, there's something.
Speaker 3: There's some really really dark ones, so that that might be There are some stuff there that will probably have to put on dungeon talk because that's pretty dark.
Speaker 2: But yeah, because we're just either blood sucking or energy sucking, like there's a lot of that sort of spiritual energy taking. So yeah, into that kind of vampire that non consensual vampires and steal the luche from you. All right, well we're coming to the end of it.
Speaker 3: But like Lisa, if you had the opportunity to become a vampire, would you wait, are.
Speaker 2: We talking about the energy vampires or we're talking about the blood sucking vampires more?
Speaker 3: You can choose. If you were to become immortal and a vampire and you had to drink blood, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'd fucking do it because do you know why? I watched a movie called The Old Guard. Oh yeah, that's so good. Yeah, and so I was like, I totally want to be those guys because imagine the cool relics that I'd have by the time I was here. And so I just feeds into my relic hunting Lara Cross.
Speaker 3: Travel traveling, Yeah, just'll be unlimited traveling on.
Speaker 2: That whole can't go out in the daytime, that's an issue that I that I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Well, that's where we get a special ring so we can go out.
Speaker 2: I love the idea of like kind of you know, bursting into thousands of bats and flying away that's and you know I already have quite long canine. So I do have a little bit of vampires thing going on, if you will, so I'll do it.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, Oh yeah, I just for the pure fact is that about to go travel, like to see you guys, won't get the flu, won't get a cold anymore? Like sweet, it's so simple.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get the flue and I want to travel. Let me sell my soul straight. Yeah, you're done, it will be over. So I guess there is an issue with the fact that you don't die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you watch your kids, your family and all that, and you know and that that's the big part of it, isn't it. So you know, could we turn them around? You leave?
Speaker 2: Right, You'll like, can we turn our children? But then you're like, god, this is so annoying. Did you keeping them for like the entirety of your life? Like which is long? Because you're important? God, Okay, we'd be really selective about who would keep. Yeah, oh, box an essay if you want to. If you can write a thousand word essay on why we should keep you, that would be great. We'll go through it. And that line. No, no, no, your English is appalling. We don't deal very well with bad punctuation and terrible grammars. You've got bad breadth, see you guys, bad breadth. No, thank you. You don't drink but not a wine drinker? Yeah? No read wine? See I love read wine. It would be perfect. I think people read wine.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, I'm done. Yeah, yeah. Juliet's probably a vampire in a former life if we went back into latest progression, probably probably like we joke about her being from the Marrior, but I actually think she's from It makes way more sense. Likes bad or maybe a weir wolf because you know she likes raw me love to have meat in amount. On that note, the are leaving Apple.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, seriously.
Speaker 2: Next week we are talking about the Nephilim connection to giants in the South Pacific. Now, Nephylim is a huge catchphrase at the moment, real real, kind of everywhere, and Nephlin's obviously like the biblical connection to that, but essentially they're talking about giants, right, giant humans. And we did an episode on giants in the South Pacific probably like two years ago, a year and a half ago. A while back, yeah a while back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we just found so.
Speaker 2: Much information we only kind of scraped a little bit on the top of that. And so yeah, next week we're going to kind of really jump deep into that, bring out some really cool stories, some historical accounts, just do some really cool connecting as far as other people's research goes as well, because there's black loads of research that really am the Americans have done on the migration of these giant humans and that sort of stuff, because my Christian is always how the hell did they get down here? How did they? Yeah, and so especially if you're talking Nephelin, who essentially are you know, uh, Judea kind of Nazarene sort of space Israel around Palestine, that sort.
Speaker 3: Of angels you name it alien. I mean, look look at the stuff that's coming out. You know, there are people turning around and saying that these Nephilin are Aliens. You know, there is like there are so many different angles to this. So we're just gonna kind of we're going to touch on just another part of it. I mean, like the whole giant thing, could you know, go down. I mean, we talked about the you know a lot of military stuff, the giants in Afghanistan and you know, and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: And reports coming back.
Speaker 3: So now we're going to kind of go down like a different a different track of it, and least is kind of like more on the biblical side. I'm just you know, kind of kind of look at these these other bits and pieces and are surprised it bring.
Speaker 2: It to But we never really know where we're going to go because we run in different angles and we don't yeah, we get there. So it's always really quite mind blowing to each of us to learn it because we're learning in real time as you're learning as well, which is really Yeah. Yeah, it's my love today's discussion because I didn't realize you were going to bring this this whole like it's just a community vibe kind of vibe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it's not a you know, and this is a you know, there's people have preconceived ideas of what they think things are.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It happens very much in the religious world without going into that, you know, they think certain religions are all kind of piled into.
Speaker 2: The box of one thing, you know, because of who they are, you know.
Speaker 3: And it is so so not that and you know, we don't like talking about religion, and you know, unless it's to do with Cryptis and all that kind of stuff or you know, all politics, we don't do that on here. But you know, there is a very big disconnect and it's very sad to see. But you know, it's the same as this. It's like there's just different, different stuff coming out and everyone has different views and you know that's released and I just play off of each other and just kind of be like, hey, what about this? And so have think about those aliens Letha and Netelin, because that's where I'm gonna come home. I'm just going to give a little bit of a clue bag. Yeah, no, I'm still not entirely sure what angle I'm coming at it, but we shall see.
Speaker 2: I've got a few ideas there, but I like to just let it take us where where we're meant to go. Yeah, we just find some bits and pieces.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, definitely the vampire community go check out some of their like Instagram talents and the balls and like the dresses and the costumes and oh my god, you know, because you know, you're also talking about the books that they read and the romance writers that you write all these books about sixy vampires. You know, it's it's just a big old community as we know.
Speaker 2: So I love it.
Speaker 3: It's so cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey, hey, hey, Juliet, are you a member of Crypti Women's Society yet? Yes?
Speaker 3: I have seker me too.
Speaker 2: If you want to become a truth Seeker, all you have to do is pop over to Cryptidwomensociety dot com.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh my god, my T shirt crypto dot com.
Speaker 2: Pop on over there. You can get yourself a truth Seeker membership right now. You can join the conversation. But more importantly, you can get into that back end kind of portal members portal and talk to them and talk to amazing women that are there, super knowledgeable women. Cryptozoology, euphology, paranormal investigation, demonology, all of the above, the occult, paganism, all of everything goes on in there, including cryptids. We have bigfoot hunters, we have all sorts of women doing.
Speaker 3: We've got our own area for research and evidence, and yeah, there is a lot. We've got courses coming up. Yeah, there is so much. And honestly that the ladies, you know, we've got some top ladies in there that are very open to talking to you if you want to know more, if you don't want to join you you know, they're very vocal about there being.
Speaker 2: Part of Cryptid Woman's Society.
Speaker 3: Just DM them and just go hey, you know, how is this and they will tell you, you know, all about Cryptied Woman's Society, just to give you an idea. But definitely come join us.
Speaker 2: We have so much fun. And should I tell everyone?
Speaker 3: I don't know, what are you telling them? H oh god, what did you release them? No, I'm not going to tell it.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to tell We were talking about what expeditions we're going to do.
Speaker 3: In the future with both No, let's tell them. Twenty twenty six, twenty twenty six, November twenty twenty six. We are going Where are we going?
Speaker 2: Lisa Bea going to Egypt? So we already have.
Speaker 3: Ladies joining us. So it is a Cryptid Woman Society trip. We are going over the air, we are going to go through the temples.
Speaker 2: We are just gonna have a lot of fun over there. Yeah, and it's not going to be your normal tour, right you can go and get yourself onto one of those normal tours and do the basics. We take the perspective, our little rose colored glasses on for the weird and the abnormal and the stuff that shouldn't be there. Right, Juliet went there last year.
Speaker 3: She's already got a grounding.
Speaker 2: On what we need to go and have a look at, plus a whole heap of other things that she's found out. You're talking hieroglyphics that or hieroglyphs that look like helicopters and submarines, dinosaurs like, yeah, energy rooms, I see that. I'm so excited about that. And we have got contacts. We've got contacts with the Keys about doing a paranormal investigation in an ancient Egyptian tomb.
Speaker 3: Where there have been ghost pharaohs that have been seen. Oh yes, I'm so excited. I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: We're only going to take a select number of members with us. You must be a member of Crypti Women's Society and then you may very well get that invite, or you can message us and say, how the hell do I get on this trip? You girls, this is what you do.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a limited number so we can get around and yeah, it's it's gonna be pretty cool.
Speaker 2: It's to be the coolest thing ever.
Speaker 3: My god, I've got really powers. The lighting flicker anyway about to lose our power?
Speaker 2: Correct, boys and girls. I love you all. Thank you for walking in the shadows with us today. We will see you next week, same bat time, same bat channel, and thanks for joining us. If you've got any questions, check them in the comments, or send us a message, or jump on to Cryptowomansociety dot com and let us know if you would choose to be a vampire. I'm going to be a highlander.
Speaker 3: Let's be honest, all right, but that too.
Speaker 2: We love you all. We're saying goodbye bye everyone. We should be playing some my music. Yeah, thank you everyone.
Speaker 3: We've got to wait for a little bit longer, otherwise we cut people off from We're really sorry about that.
Speaker 2: I'll just wait for the YouTube to catch up.
Speaker 5: Okay, peace, show us your vampire teeth real quick jokes. Hold on, Oh my god, it's still talking on YouTube.
Speaker 2: We're still talking. Oh my god. That's that's sorry to the last person that's hanging out with us talking shit with us. We just wait for YouTube to catchure.
Speaker 3: Oh it's good. Put my glasses on. Look, I'll look intelligent. Look I'll look intelligent. Now I'm an intelligent vampire. Oh, there's really need a clean so bad.
Speaker 2: This is literally the majority of what we talk about all day, Like we can be like what, I'm gonna stop now. You guys are the best. Thanks for hanging out with us. Okay.
Speaker 1: See cted a women's Society of Walking in the shadows, The culpetition