Speaker 1: It's nice time with Dan Ray. I'm telling you easy Boston new video.
Speaker 2: We are talking about Donald Trump's meeting today in the Oval Office with Canadian Prime Minister, the new Canadian Prime Minister, Mark Carney. I watched it in its entirety, and I thought it was a very professional conversation between two men who obviously came from very different backgrounds, who do not see idle eye on some important issues, but both of whom comported themselves professionally and diplomatically. That's my take on it. There was none of this silliness where he referred to Prime Minister Karney as Governor Leslie did with Trudeau. I just would love to know. And again, we hope hear from some Canadian listeners, and I see we already have a couple on the line, but we're just going to get right to calls. I think he enjoys trolling people. I think he enjoys living in the minds of inside the brains rent free of his opponents. The Alcatraz thing is the same story. I mean, I was out in Alcatraz a year ago, a little more than a year ago, and I gotta tell you that that's a museum. I mean, it's it's fallen into total disrep here. There's no effort, even inside Alcatraz to restore it to what it was. It's a lovely tour, don't get me wrong. But you walk through there and you realize that the cells are falling apart, the toilets which are in the cells have the dilapidated it's it's not like it was restored. You were looking at it at the ravages of time on the building, the buildings over the last half a century. At a minimum, I would talk, I'll take a lot lot of time and effort, and the obviously the symbolism is great. Would he like to put something like that back in the hometown of Nancy Policy. I'm sure he'd love to. He'd probably like to open a prison next to her on she lives on Broadway in uh in San Francisco. Let's go to the phones, Okay, I'm more interested in what you think. I mean. Let me go to Mike and Beverly. Mike, you're next on Nightside, first this hour.
Speaker 3: And I said, Mike, go right ahead, Hey, Dan, good anything Hawaii.
Speaker 4: I can hear me, I can hear you.
Speaker 2: Just fine, you go right ahead, Mike, listen to people.
Speaker 4: Don't people understand the Canada thing is about jobs, bringing John's back to America.
Speaker 3: Dan, That's all I has to do with.
Speaker 4: You know, we don't need Canada, we don't need to send corpos be made in America being back here, like make everything America and play American workers. It's all has to do with and he's the only.
Speaker 5: One with some going ads to do it. I keep following a lot of things that Ron Reagan did, well.
Speaker 2: I understand all of that. I understand the point you're making. But why why if that's what he wanted to accomplish, would he insult the country of Canada, insult its former prime minister, and probably, by his own comments, help elect a liberal leader of Canada who will be more difficult for him to deal with politically. It seems to be counterinte. Okay, use as I said to used to say to my kids, use your big words if you want to tell me, did you feel that the health insurance system they have up there is an abject failure?
Speaker 3: I can handle that comments, Yeah, yeah, yeah, sorry, Dan, just get I listen these people like you know, and then what about after draft saying like you know, like so in New York. They closing a jail out there.
Speaker 4: I listen to a guy today, I'm froming mayor from governor today. You know, they closing jail from there.
Speaker 3: Today and they're going to release these people.
Speaker 5: It's crazy. You're like, we have these these criminals that the Democratic Party is the way everyone they can to release on certain things, and now we can't.
Speaker 4: You know, the poem all stuff without.
Speaker 5: Stuff.
Speaker 4: But he's trying to find ways outside of the box, to find ways to work things around. And the devil guy find he just wants to you know, up and and oh my.
Speaker 2: God, look they are. You know, that is the rule that they're going to play. And Donald Trump drives them up a wall for obvious reasons, and he plays into that game. As I say, we can we can agree to disagree. But I just think that he sometimes picks fights because he enjoys it. There's no political gain for him there. Your loyalty will be with Donald Trump forever. But I think that there were a lot of people in Canada who were insulted. Their country was insulted. Uh and they said, you know what we'll put We'll put a prime minister on who will be tougher for you to deal with. In my opinion, I be wrong. That's what I think.
Speaker 4: Enough, So you don't want to bring America John's back here, then, Dan, obviously that's what y'all want to do.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't say that at all. You're not listening to what I said. In order to to to get a government in place that would have worked more cooperatively with Donald Trump. Who do you think would be more cooperative with Donald Trump? A conservative prime minister like Brian mulrooney or Mark Conney, the liberal prime minister who now is looking at a potential four year term in Canada. Who do you think would work better with President Trump?
Speaker 5: I don't know all that.
Speaker 4: I will imagine the other guy obviously, Dan, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. So therefore, if you wanted to effectuate agreements which would bring more of the production of not only cars, but departs the cars back, it's better if he had someone up there on the other side of the border who thought like he did, but he went out of his way to make make sure that the guy who won was pinning Pierre Trudeau's hand picked successor. All right, that's all I'm saying. All right, thanks, Mike, appreciate it. Just thanks like you soon let's keep rolling here, gonna go, Let's get a little Canadian perspective here real quickly. Let me go to Frank in Montreal. Frank, bonjour. How are you.
Speaker 6: Great?
Speaker 7: Dan?
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. Thanks for joining us, Frank, love to get your perspective.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 6: In fact, then it was the Canadian you're your bat light that came across when you said you need the Canadians to call in, So you interrupted my hockey playoff watching.
Speaker 2: But who you're watching tonight? Who's what? What game are you watching tonight?
Speaker 6: Well, we have a few Canadian teams left in there, so we've got Edmonton versus Vegas tonight and so that's.
Speaker 2: Uh, Winnipeg, Winnipeg, Winnipeg should be your team. I think Winnipeg's gonna win it all.
Speaker 6: That was an exciting finish for that, oh man.
Speaker 2: I'm me tell you Montgomery. Montgomery almost pulled the upset of the playoffs.
Speaker 6: With the Montreal guy, by the way, I know that absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The coach here. We get rid of coaches and they tend to win the Stanley Cup. You know, Cassidy was here he ended up in Vegas, they won the Cup. I mean if I mean, if if Montgomery had pulled that upset, Uh.
Speaker 6: That would have been incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big, big, pretty good Golden would have helped.
Speaker 6: My hockey pool. Was that he would have helped my hockey pool.
Speaker 2: I'll bet I still think Winnipeg's your best bet. That's what I think. I think that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm with you on that. I'm with you on that. So yeah, So here's my take is you are I agree with you Mark Donald Trump handed Mark Carney that victory because and in fact, if I can back up for a minute, you know, my my grievance here is that when Justin Trudeau resigned, in fact, there should have been an election. The Governor General should have stepped in and said, well, it's an instant election and should not have allowed him to prorogue Parliament and then stick Carney in there, so that bought time for Karney to come in. And in fact, that's so therein lies the problem where just In Truder or the Liberals would have been decimated and the Conservatives would have won. But then along comes mister Trump or President Trump and says, well, you know, you're our fifty first state honestly. So then what happened is the Canadian Broadcast Corporation, which is our national public or one of let's say two public radios, and it's like other in law likes to say, the Communist Broadcast Corporation. And they were heavily find have always been heavily financed by the Liberals and the Trudeau so they're very left leaning, and they latched onto this and said, oh, how dare you? And then of course mister Carney, smart enough, says yeah, that's it, how dare you? And I think they got all the the ire of especially left leaning Canadians, which is about seventy percent, to say yeah, how dare you? So it was the timing was awful. I don't know why he did that, and.
Speaker 2: It was really unfortunate for me. I just think there's something in his nature that he likes to troll people, and I think that then obviously he got under Trudeau's skin and he's at heart. He's in New Yorker, Frank and right. I like to explain the difference between Boston and New York, and I would say Montreal in New York. If I bump into you on the streets of Boston. Inadvertently, I'm gonna say, excuse me, You're gonna say, I'm very sorry. You have a great day. You bump me somebody in the streets of New York and they'll look at you. What's your problem? You want to go?
Speaker 6: That's a very good analogy. Actually that's very good.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you what I think. It's the truth, right, But almost like one of those hockey games where where you know, kuld Chuck has decided he's going to fight somebody before the before the game starts, and you know why, wayte dropping the puck. Just let him go, but you got to go through the formality of dropping the puck. So then they throw the stick, drop the gloves, and then they have at it. You know, it's just it's it's it's Donald Trump. It's vintage Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: And he's so he is right. He he owes Canada nothing, and I think he has some uh you know. For example, he was talking about the dairy farmers and often in Canada's cartels, in the sense that they control the pricing of dairy. Maybe in the States you do as well. And it's a form of tax we pay eight dollars for a gallon of milk. I mean, is that insane? Or what eight dollars for a gallon of milk?
Speaker 2: I can get a gallon of milk at market basket for like eighty nine on me.
Speaker 6: No, and that that's controlled pricing, so it doesn't matter if you go to a little store or the major markets. It's eight dollars.
Speaker 2: Socialism is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Isn't it?
Speaker 6: However, and your last caller mentioned about our healthcare. So for major problems like a heart attack or cancer or any something, it's fantastic. You You are never turned away. The care is top notch. You need you need stitches, you have a broken arm, You're gonna wait forever. So that's that's where it falls down.
Speaker 2: So so let me ask you. Let's let's just I'm in Canada and I'm a US citizen and I, you know, have an accident or something. Uh Am I then treated as a visitor and depending upon the severity of the problem, I get treated like a Canadian in the in your public health system, or am I separate and do I go to the end of line. I'm just curious. I'm asking that question.
Speaker 6: Out of honest, Agen, I think you're triaged and you're just going to uh wait wait like the rest of us.
Speaker 2: No, I don't expect to get a priority, but I would hope that they wouldn't let me just lie in the gutter, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, no, no, no, no, that's not a Canadian way, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Frey, I love you calls. You know that, man, I really do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, thanks for taking them. And I'm happy to give a Canadian perspective. And yeah, it's a minority government, so we have to you know.
Speaker 2: How long is how if there is a government with crisis, I guess he's elected to a four year term. But if there is a vote of confidence, that four year term I assume in a parliamentary process could be abbreviated.
Speaker 6: Correct, correct, Okay, So and he you know, here's the irony, the the the the government that could actually bring him down is the separatist government of Quebec. So they're the Yeah, so that's it.
Speaker 2: Gets So they're small, but they hold they hold the balance of power.
Speaker 6: Well now they do. Oh they're actually they are hitting a way above their weight. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: Hey, what are you doing, Montreal? You're you're a really smart guy. What what sort of work do you do?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: I uh so, I'm in sales. I have a company. We represent semiconductor manufacturers, so we get the rights to them in Canada and then we are the extension of their sales.
Speaker 2: Some night when we're talking tariffs. I love to have you join us.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's been proved to be a little bit complicated, but yeah, yeah, they love that.
Speaker 2: That's what I'd like to get you to join us. Rob, Rob, Well, thank you have Rob, give you my direct line. So if you haven't need to reach me and give me a call, Rob, give a Frank in Montreal. He's a special caller. Haven't give given my direct number. We'll take a break. I've gone a little long here between Mike and Frank, but we'll be back right after this.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with on Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the calls we go. I'm gonna go to Cheryl in Ontario real quickly here, Cheryl, want to get you in here before the break. Right ahead, We're Cheryl. Hi, Cheryl, I hope. So is this Cheryl in Ontario? No, it's Carol, Carol, it says Cheryl. There, guys, you got to get these names right, Carol. I should have known it's Carol because I know who you are, Carol, that you've called before. Thank you very much for calling again.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no problem, It's been a while, but yep, I've called quite a few times before.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So, I just wanted to mention a couple of things. When you said that Carnie, uh, okay, was actually the name of the opposition leader was Pierre Polyev?
Speaker 2: Polyv?
Speaker 9: Yeah, name right, Poliev. Yeah, anyway, and you said that Carnie came from a twenty five point deficit, and one that's kind of true. But the thing is is that twenty five percent lead that the Conservatives had actually really has to do with the polls that were around when Trudeau was still Prime minister.
Speaker 2: No, I understand, I know, but what I'm saying is it wasn't as if Karnie had to I'm just saying that Donald Trell Trump probably is the reason Karnie is your prime minister.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I agree. And actually one of the things I'll mention to You don't know if you know much about this, but Carney is quite the climate activist. He's he's like, yes, he's he's like, he's pretty much a globalist, as you would know. He's a world banker, right or he was, and he is interested in a global initiative to bring most countries down to net zero by twenty fifty, net zero emissions by twenty fifty.
Speaker 2: Other than China, Pakistan, other than China Pakistani.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know, right, exactly, probably the Western the Western exactly.
Speaker 2: I understand that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, okay, so so yeah, so the problem is with him. I personally think that Trump thinks Carney's weak, and I think that's one of the reasons that he pushed for Carney to become PM.
Speaker 2: So so you think this was done intentionally by Trump to have a Prime Minister who he was going to not be able to work with.
Speaker 9: No, No, I think I think he thinks that Carney is weak, so he'll be able to not necessarily bully him, but but push him around. That's I do think that because Carnee like and the reason is that I'm saying this is because of his his climate activism. Okay, Miss Carney would not when when he was asked about building Canada like during the election. Uh, one of the biggest things that brings prosperity to Canada is oil and gas, and Carney wouldn't even say the words oil and gas. You couldn't say them.
Speaker 2: But all of all I'm trying to say, and again I'm the outsider. You're the insider. So I'm going to acquiesce to what would you believe? It seems to me that any American president would love to have a partner in Canada and a partner in Mexico with whom they could work. And I would assume I don't know much about Polyev other than the fact that he was he was the standard bearer for the Conservatives, and he would have been the prime minister if the Conservatives. I guess you called the district's ridings. If I'm not mistaken, ridings are the h Yes, I have no idea what that means, by the way, but that's I just wanted to commit.
Speaker 9: It's just an electoral area, that's all.
Speaker 2: A congressional district. You would call it a parliament members riding anyway. Maybe in the old days the members had to ride on horseback to get around and talk to the voters.
Speaker 9: I don't thing to do with that. You know that it has something to do with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just think that that that he has basically contributed to the election of Mark Connie. Did you happen to watch them in the Oval office today that they seem.
Speaker 9: To I watched, I watched. I actually it was it was, but I just found I see. I'm sorry, but I mean I actually found Carnie quite. I find him dull. I find him dull, I find him born. I don't find him inspiring. I find him and I just think he's a He's going to be a pushover. And I honestly think that's why Donald Trump preferves him, because I think pauliev would have been would have fought more for Canada, and I think Carne is I think he's a fake. And see what the reason I'm I'll tell you the reason why I mentioned oil and gas is because that's what brings prosperity of this country. And we haven't had many pipelines or initiatives in oil and gas for the past ten years under Trudeau.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, I totally get that. And I don't know that you're going to have pipelines and initiatives under Connie, but we will see. I want you, Carol to continue to listen to Night Side and like Frank in Montreal. Check in and and let me know how you think this guy is doing. And there will be moments in time it'll be interesting to see if Karnie and Trump can work out something on tariffs which will quiet down the problems that exist at this point.
Speaker 9: I don't know, I mean, we'll I really thought about oil and gas. The reason I'm mentioning it is because I think Trump wants to do like do more pipelines in the US. I think he wants to become more of a superpower, and by by having a climate activist in Canada, he'll be able to push Carnie around because we supply a lot of oil and gas to the US. Right But I personally think that he will. He wants Carney to so so let me ask you.
Speaker 2: Honey, do you do you think that the pipelines that we open up from Alaska, which in order to get to the US are going to have to go underground in Canada or gas lines? Do you think that that Knnie's going to roll over on that issue?
Speaker 3: I don't think so, well, I don't.
Speaker 9: I'm just yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just.
Speaker 9: Anyway, let's keep our eye on it. I think he's a pushover, and I think.
Speaker 2: Get more's pretty may If you're right, if you're right, you're it's pretty machiavellian. Thank you, Thank you so much, Carol. We'll talk again. Thanks so much. Keep in touch. We'll take a break. The only line that is available right now, six one seven, the one Carol just vacated, six one seven, four ten thirty. I got Mark, Jim and Paul coming up, and I got room for you. We're talking about the meeting in the White House today the Prime Minister of Canada President of the United States. We didn't see behind the scenes, but up front they seem to be able to tolerate one another, which I think is a good sign, even though they come from opposite directions, different directions philosophically. We'll be back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side Quick Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Let's get right to the calls, going to Mark and Uber and Mark appreciate your patience.
Speaker 10: Next on Nightside, Mark, Hi Dan, how are you tonight?
Speaker 2: Do just Gray? What's your take on the meeting today between President Trump and Prime Minister knie Uh.
Speaker 10: First, before I answer that, I'd like to say that, aside from being a center fielder for the Red Sox. For you or for me being a rock star, You've got the best job on the planet.
Speaker 3: So thank you.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 10: We've talked before. We've talked before. I've told you I want it to be a I want I'd love to do talk shows myself. And I thought of a way that I could double your listeners.
Speaker 2: I'm all ears, I'm all ears.
Speaker 10: Have me have me on as the progressive voice counterpoint, so now you can get all the progressives listening to me.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of progressive listening, is lessie. I got a progressive coming up a little bit later on here my friend Ken and Walt, they have What do you do for a living? I'm just curious, are you involved in the media.
Speaker 10: I'm the rare coin I'm the rare coin dealer. We've spoken on and off over the years. I sell rare coins and sports cards collectibles online. But I'm also yeah, I had a website collectibles. I was originally a web developer, and during the pandemic, my two biggest clients, one was a coin dealer, the other one was a collectible dealer. You might have heard of Ken more collectibles. They had coins and cards. I did their web work, and eventually I got into the biz because ken More Collectibles closed and I got some of his inventory in exchange for accounts receivable and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 10: So yeah, it's good to know.
Speaker 2: So your baseball cards go back how far?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 10: I just I specialize in the third party cards from the wax junk wax era, like they were not a Golosso cards, the fantasy card sets or the you know, she would do reprints of the tobacco cards, or she would do series of the Greatest Hitters of all time, greatest pitchers and there. So her card company was TCMA, and then there's SSPC. These guys were able to start doing this. They kind of led up to the lawsuit against Tops that allowed Flear and Don Russ and all these other card companies to flood the market milate eighties and nineties through the early two thousands. So I'm kind of dealing with their predecessor. And SSPC also did a lot of the minor league cards, and they were eventually absorbed by Skybox and are now part of I think what's the one not Stadium Club Upper Deck. I think they are event they were eventually through a series of acquisitions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, in the old days, I mean, in the old days when I was a kid, it was a bowman occasionally and mostly.
Speaker 10: Tops Tops and yeah, Top Spot bowman, who was their early competitor. And actually Bowman is older than Tops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm aware of that. And I got to tell you, I wrote a piece for Newsweek magazine, my turn column, back in eighty nine about the value of baseball cards. And it was not the It was not the financial value. Back in those days, people no cards. It was the intrinsic value that I had. I learned to read, to do mathematics.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, exactly. And let's not forget the artwork in and of themselves. Those some of the greatest baseball cards of all time were are little mini masterpieces and the artwork on the back, with the stats.
Speaker 2: And with the What is your favorite first of all era of baseball cards? Mine obviously of the fifties.
Speaker 10: Same, same, I mean, just like just like television in the fifties.
Speaker 2: I can remember as a kid when baseball cards, you know, arrived sometime in late March. I mean, they were an in precious commodity.
Speaker 10: They really were, and they weren't. I'm sorry, go ahead, no.
Speaker 2: No, it's just they were precious commodity. I mean you cards, you smelled the bubble.
Speaker 10: Gum and you know it.
Speaker 6: You know it.
Speaker 10: It was an experience.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it really was. Mark. We got to talk sometime off the air. I've just copied down your number. I want Rob to give you my number when we finish up here. But let's talk. We can agree on baseball cards but disagree on politics. Go ahead, we should do it.
Speaker 10: I think I think you might get it. You might get a kick out of this. And I know it sounds kind of conspiracy theorist, but you know how the idea that with ban and and and Project twenty twenty, if I was to throw a bunch of stuff at the press to add confusion and as a smoke screen. And there's one particular example that I think will be easy to discuss if you want to go there. On March fourteenth, Pam Bondi stated, according to USA Today that Donald Trump put out a memorandum that ice can enter your house, Dan Ray, my apartment, Mark Freedman, whomever. They can enter without a warrant if they feel that you are harboring Venezuelan gang members, and so the question then becomes is this true? Is this a true suspension of the Fourth Amendment that Trump is pushing for, and is this whole I do agree with you. He likes toa troll and they're using that, and I think Malania thought, you know, Justin was cute, and he's kind of upset at that. But overall though, I mean, having us talk about these kind of things and the Gulf of America and whatnot is kind of letting some of this stuff slip under the radar. Yeah, at least that's one way I look at I will tell you this.
Speaker 2: I will be the first one that's going to jump out at him, however, and we're going to disagree on this, but I will tell you we have a tremendous problem in this country with twenty million illegals here and we do not know who they are.
Speaker 7: Look, I agree with you.
Speaker 10: I am an independent, I'm not a Democrat, and I'm very upset at the Democrat Party. I'm at Bernie Broke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand. I understand, and by the way, he said some nice things about Bernie. But the point is, yeah, he has the the Biden administration just opened the borders, and despite all of the clear videotape, you saw people just coming to the border and crossing the border. Somehow it's going to be addressed.
Speaker 10: And look, I'm going to agree with you that the Biden administration looked terrible with the border. It was a major issue. And the Democrat Party has terrible, terrible messaging that. You know, they're spineless, They're like a high school click and it's one of the reasons why I will only vote with them in opposition to Trump. But if it's any other candidate and I feel our constitution is safe, I will vote third party until they get their collective poo poo together, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: No, it's it.
Speaker 2: But all I'm all I'm trying to say in complete sincerity is that I didn't like what I saw when this tough student was picked up the woman, the third year old woman. Yeah, because the optics are horrible, number one, and the opportunity terrible. If you are going to pick someone up off the street, you got to tell me why, and you got to tell the American people why, because you're just going to waste political capital. Now I don't know how our case is going to work out. I feel very differently about the tough student that I do about the kid from Columbia who pre invented people from access to classrooms. Uh and and actually did some things that physically impeded Jewish students at Columbia. So we can have a long conversation about that. We can't open that one up tonight. That I am.
Speaker 10: I am also of the of the heritage. I'm an atheist, but I grew up as a Jew. My father's a Holocaust survivor, and we could have a huge discussion about that stuff at another time.
Speaker 2: Let's do that.
Speaker 10: My my my only comment if we're going to just touch on that, and I'll let you go. It sounds like you've got other people and I know times running out is that we still have to follow the laws of the country and that doesn't you know, do process and you know, a consumption of innocence. As Rousseau said, better let ten guilty men go freedom and to punish an innocent man. And so with his treatment to you know, to Canada, I think it's more of a smoke screen rather than anything.
Speaker 2: I hear you. But what I'm saying is if they I read the article the woman wrote in the Toughs newspaper or co wrote, and there was nothing in that round of the ordinary. If that's all they got on her, they had no right to scooper. Okay. Uh. And at the same time, I have no empathy with what she wrote. Okay, I am prosery.
Speaker 10: And that's the great thing about the First Amendment.
Speaker 7: You can.
Speaker 2: Say we agree with. But I hope you'll agree with me that this kid at Columbia who's hearing a visa and is gonna gonna preclude other students from attending classes, that Columbia, Columbia was a snake pit.
Speaker 10: That's that's a that's a criminal, a local criminal issue rather than a federal you could pull.
Speaker 2: You could pull someone's visa. You could pull someone's visa who's here as a student if the criminals and he was in my opinion from what I understood total.
Speaker 10: There's no conviction and the question and I was also a paralegal. I know I did everything for it until I don't think you have to.
Speaker 2: I don't think you have to wait for a conviction with someone who is here either illegally or someone who now loses their visa because of what they're accused of we we can. That's an immigrant it's an immigration court question. I don't want to go down that hole with you right now, but we will have this conversation later. I got to run. I'm way past my break. I love the call. Well, I had I have your number. You get hit my number from Rob. Okay, I'm not gonna give my private numbnut over the air.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, No, absolutely, absolutely, wonderful.
Speaker 2: Lead you too, Mark, talk to you soon. Okay, don't hang up. We'll be back on Nightside. I'll get everyone else in. I promise back right after this.
Speaker 1: It's night Side's news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay. We got to move quickly here, folks, So I'm gonna I know people have been holding on. I apologize Paul and Pennsylvania. Paul, you got to be quick for me.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, all right, Dare I just want to briefly say when you mentioned about Winnipeg winning the Stanley Cup, I got to laugh about that because I remember when they came up from the World Hockey League and I saw him back in the nineties, and then they end them going to Phoenix, and then I'm so happy that they got their name back of their hat back but I like to see them winning all too. But I just want to say, like you said about Trump, I think you're right, he's just going going in Canada, you know. He he's just he's he's like. But I don't I disn't agree with that one called or. I think that that Carney, I don't think. I don't think he was blowing smoke. I think he's I think he's a tough guy. You know, right, nobody's just tough to Trump. But he's a tough guy. And I don't think he's afraid of Trump.
Speaker 2: I thought Connie handled himself well today. Obviously, Uh, he's it's it's it's an away game for him, sitting in the Oval office. He's got his meaning, he's got his people there. But I thought he handled himself pretty well. I thought they both did today.
Speaker 7: Actually, let you go. But I just want to say, hope Boston wins the war. How they get beat by? Why where they get beat by jail and brunts and a one man team?
Speaker 2: He go, Then, Hey, appreciate you call Paul. We'll give you much more time next time. Thank you, my friend, thank you, good night. Jim got to be quick for me, Jim I'm I'm ted on time. Go ahead, Jim, Jim's not ready. We'll move on. I guess Jim's not ready, Okay, put him on hold. Whatever, Let me go to Kennon wal dam Ken, You're next one night, saga right ahead.
Speaker 11: Dan, How you doing? You know, I fought back to twenty sixteen when Obama went somewhere and he wasn't met with much of a party when he landed. And Trump responded and during the election and said, boy, if that ever happened to me, I'd take Air Force one and just turn around and take off. You know, I wouldn't accept the snub. And Trump is kind of up up to his snub to a total insult of the Canadian and it's it's kind of interesting to you know, I think the Canadians are responding the way Trump would, you know.
Speaker 2: And well, but at the same time, if I, if I could, Carnie was man enough today to show up at the White House, I mean, you know, he probably could have said, after what you know, Trump had said about him in the campaign, if he wanted to, uh, he might have said, uh, you know, we appreciate the invitation, but we're gonna put that we're busy right now. But he didn't, and it was smart for him to show up at the White House. The US is still and my hat's off to Connie. I'm just saying that. You know, I'm not a I don't even know Carnie. Okay, he's a harv he's a Harvard guy whatever.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 2: He's a he's a Trudeau successor. Uh, you know he's not. He wouldn't have been my cup of tea. You know that. I'm kind of a right of center guy. But you got to give the guy hats on credit. He sat there. Obviously, President Trump dominated that little chit chat today, but I think he handled I think that Connie more than held his own and he said, you know, look, well, you don't you know how it went down. I thought he did well, and I thought President Trump did pretty well today. It wasn't like Trump was Sydney calling him governor Connie. He didn't do any of that stupid.
Speaker 11: So the point I'm getting, you know, just listening to some of the Trump supporters today, if I certainly heard one like this and maybe a few saying, you know, Canadians, you don't understand Trump loves you. You know, he's on your side, and they're kind of asking the Canadians to change their view. And I think the point you keep making over and over is maybe Donald Trump needs to change how he's acting towards Canada. And maybe today he actually started doing that. That was kind of the point I was getting to.
Speaker 2: Maybe. And the other thing is, sometimes what do they say, politics make strange bedfellows. Maybe maybe there was a personal thing with Trudeau that Trump didn't like his style or whatever. Uh, And that maybe somehow Carnie and Trump can can forge a, if not a friendship, at least some level of mutual respect here.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just don't know how this is gonna play out. It's going to be fascinating to watch why while we're why we are loggerheads with Canada. Uh is beyond me, I know as and I think it was Mark and Beverly who was trying to uh, Mike rather than Beverly's trying to make the argument that Trump wants to bring home American manufacturing. I get that. I get that he's he's not worried about you and me living in Massachusetts with whatever you and I do, Neither one of us are automobile menia fat actions in our thirties and or forties and seeing our factories closing, our jobs go away. He's responding to that, which he should do. Any president should do that.
Speaker 6: I'm with you, I'm with you.
Speaker 11: I just want to see Trump behave appropriately for the benefit of all of us. You know, it can be a win win that. You know, it seems like Trump acts like for us to win, somebody has to lose. Doesn't always have to be like that, and I hope Trump made some progress with that with Mark Carney today.
Speaker 2: So yeah, sometimes out of those difficult you know, sometimes out of those difficult situations, you develop respect and you say, you know what, the guy at least had the backbone to show up here. I mean, if I'm Carney, I have no idea what I'm walking into. I could be walking into a trap where you know, he's going to try to he saw what happened with Zelensky. I'm sure he didn't want to see something like that happen.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: I say, you know, I thought they both won today, And that's that's my point right there.
Speaker 1: You go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, always agreement with you, all right, Ken, Always great to you. Your voice, You know that. Thanks my friend, talk to you soon. All Right, we're gotta wrap it up here, Matt, you got the final word. We got about a minute.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, and Matt, hey, Dan gonna make it real quick. Look, I absolutely agree. You know the whole Trump debate, et cetera. Uh, there's a stark difference with the tough students and this person from Columbia.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 8: Due process has been done to that Columbia student. It's been done poorly. This person actively wanted people like myself if I was at Columbia to be attacked violently and handing out leaplets. No one like that belongs in America, and do justice will be done.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's like if you invite someone to your house and all of a sudden they start to smash the furniture up. They can't say to you, well, well you go to you've invited me here. You have to treat me like a guest. Let me smash something else. No, And if you're here on a visa, or you're here illegally and you act out, don't don't give me.
Speaker 1: I just don't get it.
Speaker 8: How people can say I get it first, and then they can say that you could say that this guy should be able to stay. I can't wait until the course pass it and he gets out and saves our country for a better place.
Speaker 2: I'm with your net. I'm with your net. Hey, Matt. There's more room of agreement here if we stay rational. Absolutely, not you and me, everybody.
Speaker 8: The Bazuka company before for Bowmen, they started making gum before tops Toks actually incorporated the cards.
Speaker 2: I got it. Well, well, I know you're an expert on that, but I'm running out of time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, thanks, I appreciate you waiting to get it.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Matt. Okay, I want to thank Marie as always wanted to thank Rob Brooks and Brian. Great job tonight, Brian takes the helm. Tomorrow night. We'll have Brian tomorrow night and Thursday night. Hope you'll be here as well. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie Rays, who passed fifteen years ago in February, that's where all your pets are who passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again tomorrow night. Have a great Thursday. I'm gonna be on Facebook Nights out with Dan Ray in a couple of minutes. See me there, Join me there. Have a great Wednesday. Everybody,