Speaker 1: Scorching hot day for August.
Speaker 2: It's about ninety four degrees in sunny here in the valley here in Salt Lake City, Utah. Happy Tuesday to you, and as it is every single day, it's good to have you along for the Riots. Matt's check. It's behind the mic. We are out and about today. Tell you where we're at, right out of the gates our old friends at the dish professionals. However, it is a new location for eighty six West forty eight hundred south. So O, we're a little southwest today on the program. And football season is basically here. Pre season Week one in the NFL was last week. We are high speed ahead to week zero. We are only eighteen days away from kickoff for Utah for BYU for Utah State. And so you want to get your television watching experience dialed day in. And I'm not sure if you've noticed, there are a bunch of different pieces of news about ESPN and Fox merging for an offer where you'll have to pay a premium price to stream either of those platforms.
Speaker 1: Or both of them. And we're actually approaching this kind.
Speaker 2: Of tipping point in sports consumption where it's just better to have cable, believe it or not. So there are all these bundles, all these different offers. You probably get the same price hike emails that I do.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I switched to Dish a few years back, and if you're a sports fan, there's simply no other option. So we've got a bunch of great offers for you. My guy Ryan is here. It is a new address though it's a new spot. If you've been listening to the show for a long time. First of all, thank you, hello, how are you. Second of all, you're used to our spot that's a little bit east of here, but we've moved west to four eighty six West forty eight hundred south, pretty close.
Speaker 1: Off the freeway.
Speaker 2: Look for the ESPN seven hundred van out front. Come on in and say what's up and Ryan I'll let you know all the great deals he has going on right now, not just with Dish, but with Internet. If you think you're paying too much for your Internet, you are, so tell you all about it. I'll tell you all about it on the program today Live at the Dish Professionals tell about six o'clock tonight, with a ton to do.
Speaker 1: On a very busy Tuesday, edition of the show.
Speaker 2: Week three of football camp for the University of Utah, rolling along up on the Hill of course BYU down South. Week three for Klannie and his staff Braco Menahal looking to break in eighty new players up in Logan for.
Speaker 1: The Utah State Aggie.
Speaker 2: So we've got some college football to get you on the program today. Alabama has named their starting quarterback and when you look at the AP poll that was released on Monday, seven of the top ten teams will be breaking in new quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of an interesting dynamic.
Speaker 2: It's the most first place votes in the AP top top twenty five spread out amongst the most teams since twenty sixteen, six teams.
Speaker 1: Receiving first place votes.
Speaker 2: And you could make a case for Notre Dame, you could make a case for Alabama.
Speaker 1: Texas is your number one team.
Speaker 2: And we'll kind of dig into some of the college football storylines as we are high speed ahead to week zero, high speed ahead to actually college football games, to analyze and break down and of course give you the latest on both the Utes and the Cougars, and with an eye on Utah State as well. As we are inching closer and closer to opening day in college football. Preseason Week two in the NFL, we'll get rolling coming up on Friday with the Titans and the Falcons. We've got Chief Seahawks, and throughout the weekend Saturday will be the Jets and the Giants. The Jets and the Giants currently are having joint practices at Mett Life and East Rutherford Jackson Dart opening some eyes week one of the preseason for Giants fans. The Packers play the Colts coming up on Saturday, but you will not see Jordan Love. It was announced he's going to undergo a procedure on his non throwing hands on his left thumb, but they do expect him to be back for Week one as far as the Packers go.
Speaker 1: So preseason NFL football.
Speaker 2: Week two rolling along this weekend, and it'll end with some Monday Night football, which is the Bengals and the Commanders at Northwest Stadium in Landover, Maryland. So a lot of football on the show. Good guests today for you guys. Rare Al Salt Lake. Coming off a rough loss over the weekend in New York. They're back in action this weekend on the road in Charlotte, we'll see if they can bounce back. Diego Luna will miss that game as a result of just a horrible, horrible call to give him his second yellow. He was sent off against New York, so he's gonna sit coming up this weekend. It's a little RSL on the program as well. Not a lot of NBA news right now currently, it's kind of the biggest dead portion of the NBA calendar.
Speaker 1: We have some schedule releases.
Speaker 2: We know what Opening Night is going to look like, we know what Christmas Day is going to look like. We don't really know what the Utah Jazz will look like outside of playing a lot of very young players and of course the midivan Usuf Nurkic some vets.
Speaker 1: On the roster. But kind of a quiet time right now.
Speaker 2: For the off season in pro basketball, so a lot to do on the show. Pennett races in Major League Baseball as summer's kind of rolling along here, but a lot of college football on the program. Live with our Friends at the Dish Professionals, which again is for eighty six West forty eight hundred South. It is a new location. If you've come on out to visit us at the old location. This is a new spot. Best thing to do is look for that ESPN seven hundred van out front. Come on in and say what's up. Ryan is gonna hook you up with some great deals on Dish Network. We've got one hundred dollars cash back in honor of the remote today, a three month free offer and a two year price log guarantee. So again, all these streaming services continue to raise their prices. Some of these big networks are merging and they're simply asking for more money from you. It actually makes more sense if you actually just simply go to.
Speaker 1: Old school cable television. So a lot to do on the show.
Speaker 2: Our first guest on a Tuesday afternoon will be none other than Richard Smith, forty years with Utah Jazz front office, consistent guest of hours on the program. So we'll bring Smidty in and talk about kind of preparations, what the Jazz are going through right now in order to prepare properly for the upcoming season.
Speaker 1: Of course, a lot of football right out top of mind.
Speaker 2: We will blink at September, we'll be here at NBA training camp, will be here and the Jazz will start playing games. So we'll bring in Smitty today the head coach of Rael saw Lake Pablo mash Junny as our guest. We've got some sound from UTAP practice we've got to bring around to you if you want to hear from players and coaches. I'll remind you if you're looking for that right out the gates, you can go to ESPN seven.
Speaker 1: Hundred sports dot com.
Speaker 2: We always have a bunch of great sound up there, certainly this time of year if you're looking for that, So bring some of that back around. Coming up at three point thirty after Pablo mash Too Money joins us to talk a little RSL. One of our favorites from ESPN, Ben Solac, will stop by to talk some NFL football. Maybe we'll do some fantasy football. I'm sure you're getting ready for some drafts. Look back on week.
Speaker 1: One of the preseason and pro football.
Speaker 2: Look you had to Week two, and high speed ahead to opening day not too far away at all.
Speaker 1: Will Jackson Dark see the field this year if the New York Giants.
Speaker 2: We'll get into some of the local storylines, the latest with Jordan Loves injury, Zach Wilson QB two in Miami, so always fun to catch up with Ben Solac prior to the start of the NFL season, and then an old friend of the show to talk more college football, Max Brown, our buddy from the old Pac twelve network, still calling games I believe for the CW. Former quarterback at USC and Pitt and really bright college football analysts will stop by the program today as well. So Richard Smith, Pablo Master, Runny a little sound from Utah practice, Ben Solac, Max Brown, me Spence check its live the dis Professionals at four to eighty six West forty eight hundred South.
Speaker 1: You guys know the number.
Speaker 2: It's still eight oh one, four to two four dish in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah's where we find Porter Larson back at our Broadway Media Studios.
Speaker 1: Happy Tuesday, young man. How are you back? Atches Spence?
Speaker 3: Happy Tuesday?
Speaker 1: Doing well, doing well? Thank you?
Speaker 3: How are the new digs for our friends.
Speaker 1: At dish pros really cool? They built it out.
Speaker 2: It's a new space and so for folks that have not been to the new spot. Will encourage p to get down here to the disc Professionals at four eighty six West forty eight hundred South here in Salt Lake City, Utah for your chance to save a bunch of money on Dish network, on your cable television bill period, on your Internet and cell phone options as well. So our first guest right out of the gates will be Richard Smith. But before we get the smitty, courtesy of our good friends at Prize Picks, it is time now for your opening tip.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the Drive with Spence. Check its on Utah's number one sports talk now into the studios of ESPN seven hundred to set the scene for the show. The opening tip of the Drive is brought to you by Prize Picks. Use the code ESPN seven hundred and run your game with Prize Picks.
Speaker 1: Preseason football is underway.
Speaker 2: College football is basically here, so don't miss any of the action this season on Prize Picks.
Speaker 1: Good friends of the show, good friends of the station. It's very easy to play.
Speaker 2: You just picked more or less on two to six player stat projections. If you get your picks right, you could cash in and went up to two thousand times your money.
Speaker 1: So here's what you do.
Speaker 2: Download the Prize Picks at today, use the promo code ESPN seven hundred to check out. You get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. Do not even have to win the lineup. It's on the house. So promo cod ESPN seven hundred on prize picks to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup prize picks where you can run your.
Speaker 1: Game all season long.
Speaker 2: All right, we are eighteen days away from kickoff for the University of Utah as they'll be at the Rose Bull taking.
Speaker 1: On UCLA Brigham Young.
Speaker 2: Their opening game will be Portland State at Level Edwards Stadium and Utah State welcomes in Utah. So week three of camp Kyle up on the hill for the University of Utah, and I'll continue to say that no news is good news. This appears to be a very drama free Utah training camp without some of the anxiety and consternation over the past couple of years just because of the unknown nature of the health of a.
Speaker 1: Lot of the roster, quite frankly quarterback.
Speaker 2: But all appears to be quiet all along the Western front, as they say, And if you're a Utah fan, that is a good, good piece of news for you. BYU looks like they're close to naming a starting quarterback and could it be the true freshman Bear Bachmeyer who played his spring ball at Stamford before transferring to BYU to play for Colonie Satake and Aaron Roderick. As the story goes, Aaron Rodrick badly wanted Bear Bachmeyer out of high school, tried.
Speaker 1: To recruit him to Provo.
Speaker 2: Didn't work out initially, but bar Bachmeyer lands in Provo and as a result of the situation with Jake Retzlav who's now too lane, looks like Bear could be in line to be QB one. So Aaron Rodger co address in the media today after practice and said that the bulk of the ones, the snaps with the ones went to Bear and then McKay Hillstead was able to receive a few reps with the one that looks like the tracing board.
Speaker 1: Gay kid might be the odd man out.
Speaker 2: Here, but it's interesting to consider the way people have kind of framed the conversation surrounding Utah. With Devin dan Pier under center, it appears to be more or less a consensus. I was listening to Bruce Feldman Stewart Mandel earlier today on their Good College Football podcast two good friends of the show, and I truly have not heard very many people offer a lot of skepticism about what Devin's going to be able to do under center for Utah this year. I am just naturally a skeptic. If you listen to the show, you kind of know that. I don't know if it's my upbringing in a Northeast footprint where everybody.
Speaker 1: Seems to be skeptical. I just have a.
Speaker 2: Hard time anointing anybody when I haven't seen them do what they're about to do before, which makes the BYU quarterback situation interesting as well by all accounts. And Aaron Roderick a number of weeks ago after the Jake Retz laugh news kind of became official. I'm not going to say showed his hand, but he did a little bit with some of the platitudes and praises he was offering for this young quarterback bear Backmeyer. As far as his intelligence, he certainly has the build. He's built a little bit differently than McKay or Tracing. He's bigger, stronger, and I suppose if all things, if all things are equal, you might as well go with the kid and see if you can establish something for the next you know, two, three, four years, because that is no longer the norm in college football. So both Utah and BYU will be breaking in new quarterbacks this year. Obviously, Devin has had the job since the day he transferred, and I would imagine that was a promise that was made to bring he and his offensive coordinator to co coordinator Jason.
Speaker 1: Beck to Salt Lake City.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there was some sort of semblance of a promise like, no, this is going to be your job.
Speaker 1: If you come play for us, you have the job.
Speaker 2: So the difference between the two dynamics at this point is that Utah decided long ago that Devon was going to be the guy, where BYU appears to be finally deciding now, just two and a half weeks away from kickoff.
Speaker 1: Because this is the time we talked to Stevenson.
Speaker 2: Sylvester about this yesterday, game specific planning starts now now it's not as urgent for BYU. I mean, look, I do think Utah about a touchdown and favorite against UCLA, should go to the Rose Bowl and come away with a win. That really shouldn't even feel uncomfortable at least that's the hope, But it is opening day, you never know what it's going to look like.
Speaker 1: So the game planning prep for.
Speaker 2: Utah for UCLA at the Rose Bowl, I would just would imagine is a little bit more involved than what BYU has to dig in as far as tape on Portland State.
Speaker 1: And if you're a BYU fan, I feel.
Speaker 2: Like that soft landing spot is exactly what you want and exactly what you need if you're going to be breaking in a true freshman quarterback a year after you went seven and two in conference one, eleven games overall and was one of not just the biggest surprises in the Big Twelve, one of the biggest surprises in all of college football as a result of a lot of good fortune, as a result of very stout defense, some opportunistic play from Jake Ratz left under center, a stout running game.
Speaker 1: They have LJ. Martin back Chase rob which is back in that wide receiver room.
Speaker 2: But you don't want to launch in a conference play if you're breaking in a true freshman when you don't really know what sort.
Speaker 1: Of hands you've been dealt. And I do think.
Speaker 2: Ucla at the Rose Bowl is a good, solid opening test for Utah football and a good, solid opening test for Devin Danpier on the road in one of college football's most hallowed grounds. Utah State will welcome in UTEP That's going to be their first game in Logan, coming up on the thirtieth. So all three of the teams are about eighteen days away from kick as we sit here today, Bronco Menahal is breaking in literally eighty new players, and Utah State's second game is at Texas A and M down College Station. It's a ten forty five am kick that's going to be on the SEC network, So Bronco will learn a lot about exactly what he has in his cupboard, even though it is basically an entirely new roster. Now, if you're an Aggie fan, the good news is you know who your quarterback is. It's the final ride for Bryson Barnes, player that we know down here in Salt Lake very well, the pig farmer who stepped in on a number of different occasions as a result of the inability of Cameron Rising to stay healthy, whether it was Rose Bowl appearances or solid performances in.
Speaker 1: The Pac twelve. So Utah State, out of the.
Speaker 2: Three in state schools, essentially the only school that knows exactly what they have under center. But the interesting thing about this year's college football landscape and this is now the new reality because look, here's the deal. Even without the transfer portal, even without the roster turnover like five, six.
Speaker 1: Seven years ago.
Speaker 2: You talk to anybody who covers this sport, it is, by far, this is my opinion, the hardest, hardest sport to predict. The landscape of conferences, the landscape of the national rankings, what's that going to look like? Who can really win a national championship? Who are really the elite teams in college football? And seven of the top ten teams in the AP are breaking in new quarterbacks. You know, Drew Aller, Penn State, the Caid club nick kid from Clemson, who a lot of people think will be the number one overall pick. Like, I'm inclined to give those two schools more the benefit of the doubt. And I think it's a consensus that Arch Manning is going to be awesome. But that's another quarterback who's about to step in and do something he hasn't done before. And I think that's why you hear a lot of love from Penn State. I think That's why you hear a lot of love for Clemson because they actually have quarterbacks coming back to play under center that we have seen before and we've seen play at a very high level.
Speaker 1: Drew Aller answered a lot of questions last year, and that in.
Speaker 2: No small part is why Penn State is favored to win the Big Ten over Ohio State. Ohio State breaking in a new quarterback, the Gunner Stockton kid from Georgia had moments when he stepped in, you know, as it pertains the way he can play the position, but this will be his first time playing this at you as a starter full time. Seven of the top ten teams in college football are breaking in new quarterbacks. And again, even without the dynamic of the transfer portal and roster changeover, this sport has always been orderline, impossible to predict. And it's why they build a new casino every three weeks in Vegas. Because people think they can predict it. They go hit the gambling sites, they lose their shirt. Don't gamble on sports, and do not gamble on this sport. These are young people and even you know now the new reality is most teams have at least thirty forty if not more new players. Like I said, Utah states number is eighty, I believe the average is closer to fifty to fifty five. It makes it borderline impossible to understand what could be in front of us without seeing the games first, which is why I always say this time of year, when it comes to you know, we're inching our way towards mid August.
Speaker 1: The fall is going to be here.
Speaker 2: Momentarily, I always say observation, not conclusion, And yes, that includes the University of Utah, because I simply have never seen Devin Dampier play quarterback before at this level. We have tape on Devin playing in New Mexico, we have tape on Devin playing in the Mountain West Conference, and I can continue to be very impressed with all of the praise that's being heaped upon him. But until I can actually see you with my own two eyes, I can't sit here and tell you.
Speaker 1: Exactly what I think we're going to see.
Speaker 2: All Right, we're live at the Dish Professionals, but it's a new spot. And for years and years and years Ryan from the Dish Pros, we were a little bit east of here. But the new digs Man, let's start with the new digs. Tell our listeners about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, excited, Just a new location. I've got another company called the Christmas Life Professionals, and I've been bouncing back and forth between my.
Speaker 1: Two offices for years.
Speaker 5: And it's a big building and it works out good to have everything here in one place and still offering the same service and same technician, same staff. Just a new location and we're excited about it. There you go, it's a great spot. It's for eighty six West forty eight hundred South. Look for the ESPN seven hundred van out front.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: There's an interesting thing happening in the landscape of attention culture and TV consumption where it feels like every day a streaming service sends me an email like oh, hey, you're paying this now, or at every day a streaming service announces like, oh we're merging with this company and now it's seventy dollars if you only want to watch this. Are we to the space now where it just makes more sense to have a you know, Dish and just cable television as opposed to keep it up with all these streaming options.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, and I.
Speaker 5: Don't think necessarily you're you're going to do away with you maybe Netflix or you know, at your Apple TV or something. But as far as like your traditional content that you're looking for, you're a much better solution. It's cheaper, everything's combined. You get the fantastic DVR that auto records your games, auto hoops commercials. You still get the full functionality of the access on your mobile devices. Everything will stream so you can have access to that product even you know, I traveled again to Age of this year and Easy just picked up and was able to watch whatever I wanted to watch and another country and the the promotion. You know, we've had this two year price guarantee, and it's really an important thing because all we do is see price increases, and you know, cable and direct TV, a lot of those customers might see two a year or three. And right now, a lot of these products are so much more expensive than what it would cost to switch to Dish.
Speaker 6: And with this killer.
Speaker 5: Promotion today, you get not only get a promotion, we're going to spend at least thirty dollars a month cheaper. A lot of times we see sixty eighty dollars, hundred dollars less than what they're currently paying, but you get three months.
Speaker 1: Of service for free.
Speaker 5: And this show went throwing showtime a paramount plus. And a lot of these apps too, are built into Dish or you can have actually every app you want. And then on top of that, today and today only a hundred bucks cash cash back.
Speaker 2: Hundred bucks cash back if you call today, because that's in honor of the remote being here on location.
Speaker 1: It's for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so a hundred bucks cash back today, only three months free, a two year price guarantee. And you switched me over to Dish about three years ago or so.
Speaker 1: It's been five years? Has it been five years years?
Speaker 7: As?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: So the reason I bring it up is we're a sports talk radio show, and you know, if this was an entertainment radio show, if we were talking oscars, maybe I couldn't say this. If you're a sports fan, there's just no other option. Dish is the only option, certainly locally. You get everything you want. And now with the Jazz and the Mammoth, you get the hockey and the basketball. Yes, you get all the college football, you get the red zone. I know everyone's worried that ESPN's but it's fine. It's still on Dish. So if you're a sports fan and you're not in business with Dish, it's just the wrong choice.
Speaker 1: It's the only choice of your a sports fan.
Speaker 6: And that's one thing I didn't mention.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you get the multi Sports pack which includes the NFL Red Zone free, so that's an awesome extra addition. This promotion is very, very stacked. It's set up actually perfect for me because this is for my business because of sports talk radio and it's been based around it for twenty two years.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 5: It's something that you know, we really folk on, so you really do get all the sports you can eat. Got one one venue that you pay one bill, it's set. You get three months for free. You're gonna save a ton of money and have a simple, a simplistic, easy system to operate and have everything in one place.
Speaker 2: Also, as I say every time I'm here, if you think you're paying too much for your Internet, you are okay. If you get the email every month, or if you still get a hard copy your bill every month and you go out to the mailbox and you crack open the letter and you go, damn it, I'm probably paying too much for this.
Speaker 1: You are, I can promise you that. So you have Internet solutions.
Speaker 5: You have tons and tons of Internet solutions, and that's probably one of the biggest things next to satellite that our phones ring. We really should be called the Internet professionals now because I have half a dozen Internet providers at my fingertips. A lot of companies that you wouldn't think. You call me up and go, oh, they'ren't going to have this service.
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 5: And we've got fantastic promotions packages, you know, twenty thirty bucks a month whatever you're looking for, and get you set up with and have you installed in the next day or two. And we've got some neat tricks too, So I know a lot of things people were like, oh, if I change the Internet, I got to change all the pass codes and everything on all my devices.
Speaker 6: We have tricks where you can.
Speaker 5: Not mess with any of that, and how all your devices will just automatically recognize and you just pay less money.
Speaker 1: So today's the day.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you guys have been listening to Ryan on the show, if you've been waiting to call, today's the day because you get that one hundred dollars cash back today only. You get three months free to year price guarantee a bunch of great internet solutions. You could always stop buy four to eighty six West forty eight hundred South. But the best thing to do is, I always say, is to call and ask questions and then they can walk you through it.
Speaker 1: So it's eight oh one four two four dish.
Speaker 2: We are live today at the Dish professionals at their brand new location, four eighty six West forty eight hundred South.
Speaker 1: Come on buy and say hi.
Speaker 2: One hundred dollars cash back today only, So put some cash in your pocket, save some money by making the switch to Dish. If you think you're paying too much for Internet, I promise that you are the best thing to do whenever I'm here is call and ask questions. They'll walk you through the whole thing with no pressure to buy anything. So the phone number is eight oh one four to two four dish. That's eight oh one, four to two four dish. Our first guest on a Tuesday afternoon, while I'm out here grinding on the road because I'm a man of the people, is the vacationing constantly Richard Smith on a Tuesday afternoon. All right, Smitty, where do we find you on this beautiful Tuesday.
Speaker 9: Bence, We're calling in from traveling between Barcelona and March, say, France, over in Europe. Just on a little trip here with our good friends Rick and Sheila Farley, and the weather's great. It's supposed to be eighty two and sunny all week long, and hopefully we'll have a few good basic coming up in the south of France and then hitting the west coast of Italy before we got end up in Rome over the week then. So a fun trip. Not quite the trip down to Murray that you made, but look close enough.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, good stuff.
Speaker 2: As often say, it's good to be Richard Smith, but well deserved after forty years with Utah Jazz Front office.
Speaker 1: Smitty, you know, we.
Speaker 2: Already talked about the George Niang situation when you were on last time, and I know it doesn't mean much of anything at all. It's restocking the second round pick cupboard or adding to the draft capitol covered copboard.
Speaker 1: George Yang the minivan, of course.
Speaker 2: Is a player that you know, and he will be back here in saw Lake City as kind of a veteran presence in that locker room. So it really is kind of the only piece of topical jazz news as of now. So let's reset it with your knowledge of George. You were with the team when you guys drafted him, and you watched him evolve into a really nice role player for that group with Donovan and Rudy and Quinn and Dennis and everything. So what sort of effect, if anything, does this have it all? Could it be beneficial to have Jordan Yang back with Utah Jazz?
Speaker 9: Well, I think it's one of those moves Spence that that doesn't really affect.
Speaker 10: Them negatively in any way.
Speaker 9: It can only be a positive.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 12: One of the things, of course, that you just mentioned.
Speaker 9: Was the two draft picks that they can put up in the in the cupboard and then have that there for for any kind of futures going forward. And uh. And then the other side is bringing George in, who's a good worker. The coaches know him the front off his noses. They know he's going to be a good guy in the locker room and with the teammates. Firstly, I don't know how much you know. He's got to be on a good team where where they can get him shots. He's not a shot creator, so he's got to be able to get get screens and work off the ball and and be found on the hook side. But you know, when he gets his seat set, he can you can get the ball off. He's shooting a career high forty, career forty from three in the NBA. And then, believe it or not, that he's going to be going into his tenth NBA season this year. See, he's really worked himself into a bible and modified the NBA player. Now, what can we do to affect winning with the jazz?
Speaker 12: With the group they have.
Speaker 9: I'm not sure that there's gonna be much there at all, but anything they get from him I think will be a bonus, just in terms of the work ethic and the culture he'll bring to the group on the practice floor and in the locker room, and and then of course again the use of the second round picks, which we won't know for quite a while what they're going to do with those, and how those playing for the whole mix.
Speaker 8: So it's kind.
Speaker 9: Of one of those slow play moves, you know, by a team that's trying to get their feet under them and trying to start moving in the possibly the right direction. And this is not a big move, but it might be a smaller move it maybe help them start that process.
Speaker 2: So where we're at right now on the calendar, as we sit here mid August ish, we're still a number of weeks away from training camp. Media Day for most teams will be September twenty ninth or thirtieth. Training camp will start after that, preseason early October Opening night is the twenty second. There have been some reports of some players in town working out. There have been some social media posts of players who have elected to work out elsewhere. So just typically speaking in smidty as we sit here in mid August, what's what are those boxes NBA teams are trying to get checked before training camp opens.
Speaker 1: What's going on with the Jazz right now?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Well, they've had a prog individual program for every player spent all summer long. For those who are not involved in directly in the summer league program, they've had individual workout books and put together for them for all the stuff they want them to do during the summer time, and that's all scheduled out day by day, and it puts in their vacation time with their families or or places they're going to not being available to work out and they plug all those in there, and so the individual coaches then they have a responsibility to follow up with each one of those players as they're working on the individual programs and make.
Speaker 12: Sure they're checking the boxes and they're.
Speaker 9: Getting the individual things they each need done. So when they get to training camp, everybody hands in so called a completed work well, because yeah, I did all the stuff you wanted me to do, and here I am and ready to go. You know, that's usually not met with a one hundred rating in terms of players having done all that stuff. But now it's so detail oriented. Coaches are always tracking those players weekly and then sometimes several times a week during the course of the summer to make sure that they on track with their training stuff because they've got to fit in the rest of recovery period they got to fit in.
Speaker 8: We have periods.
Speaker 9: They've got to fit in a new new stuff that each individual play, right, you're trying to work on and how to gauge that and and uh track that, and so everybody's got something they're working on, the coaches are monitoring it, and then once they get to usually it's typically uh after labor day, players start coming in and mass and start working with the coaches UH in the in the UH in the type of facility, so they can then make sure they're on the same page before the actual formal training camp start for the UH for the team to hold. And that's always where Lately in later uh uh years, spence has been kind of a blended line. Sometimes it seems like training campus on it on September eighth or something, because everybody's in the gym and everybody's working on suck. And yet what happens is uh uh did the NBA monitored MATP because they make sure that the guys are gonna UH can't get into organized team practices until a certain date UH and that day is mandated by the n b A and so all those things are lit and.
Speaker 12: Y and monitor that to make sure that on the same page by the time they get UH.
Speaker 9: They get to that first day of official training cap all right.
Speaker 2: Smitty Solid Tribune Gordon Monson wrote a piece based off of a survey that was done by the Action Sports Network.
Speaker 8: UH.
Speaker 2: The Action Sports Network did an NBA fans survey trying to see where fans are at on pricing, on loyalty and satisfaction, and it shouldn't be any supprise that when it comes to pricing, Only the Nuggets, Raptors, and Calves had more fans respond that they feel like they're being priced out of the market when it comes to being able to attend games and as far as watching games in person, The Jazz are among the highest ranked teams according to the survey of fans responding that they're not interested in watching the team as of right now, and then when you go on down to the results portion, only Sacramento Kings fans are more displeased with recent results. The Kings have actually been decent as of late, it's just been a long time since they've had a team that could actually contend, so according to this survey, Jazz fans are actually now responding as among the most disappointed in pro basketball as a result of another recent round of price hikes if you want to be a season ticket holder, juxtaposed with lack of results leading into now the fourth year of whatever they want to call this. I know at one point it was a rebuild, and they tried to reframe it as a teardown slash rebuild, and now they're trying to frame it. It's like, no we're actually starting the process now, and none of us are under any illusion that this team is going to be any good at all. This year, the Vegas over under is the lowest it ever has been for the Utah Jazz. They are picked to finish last in the conference and among last.
Speaker 1: In the NBA. When you are in the midst and you.
Speaker 2: Guys never had this type of stretch of purgatory. You never had this long of a stretch of a team that was unseerious about being able to compete at the highest of levels. But you did have some rebuilds or some pivots here there. What sort of toll does an extensive rebuild when you're not winning games take on an organization? And what do you make of Jazz fans for the first time maybe tangibly expressing some disappointment with the direction of the organization.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well it's very hard s first of all, not to think the obvious and flow of cliches that, but winning in the NBA is very very hard, and winning and any kind of consistent level, uh is even on another tier. And uh, what you have to do as a front office mooop in an organizations to have a plan in place that that you feel it can be able to show some mincum of progress on a year to year basis, can give us everybody the opportunity to look at it and say, hey, it.
Speaker 12: Looks like we are making some pot.
Speaker 9: Done.
Speaker 12: Uh, but it's going to take it a little time.
Speaker 9: We mentioned in a previous show where that happened when the Josh first moved to Colake and the uh near the eighties. It's Frank Lane took.
Speaker 12: Over and started drafting.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 9: Well, had to do that over a six year period. Really, you start with Daryl Griffith and and pil Bailey and Market and the body answered and Don Stockton and call him alone, and then you throw in Dominique Wiltons.
Speaker 12: They drafted. It was obviously a great DRAFTI never same here for the financial leads up that.
Speaker 9: They had him in that mix, uh for a moment. And then off of the Stag and Danty. You had a lot of moves and you had to hit on a lot of them, and then you had to collect them into a working group that can see some progress and start building up. And but that was a five six year process before they had pieces in place, and now another three four or five years of building on that where everybody felt comfortable working with each other, uh and seeing winds start piling up and uh the vision titles start start coming away and making that kinde of project maybe chastified themselves. Now is that they they started that process, I could say one and whatever.
Speaker 12: You want to call it, however you want to couch it. The bottom lineers they.
Speaker 9: On the day that they decided to trade everybody away, there's no you know, you don't get any uh freebies or doovers or anything like that. You know, when you two the baby out with the basketball to start to speak and getting rid of the Mitchell and go bath teams and all those guys, uh, you are starting over. And so that's where they're at now.
Speaker 10: Now they've got a lot of young guys and they're trying to figure out how to had a piece them together and how they're gonna work together, and they're hoping uh but some luck.
Speaker 9: Obviously, the big ticket at the moment in that process for them, of course, was this uh uhuh dis draft a process where they're hoping to get the numbers.
Speaker 2: All right, Smitty, we're gonna set you loose, uh the cell phone connections, Smitty is traveling throughout Europe, so we'll get them back on next week. Uh did our best. There wasn't gonna work all good. Pablo will stop by. We'll do a little RSL. We're back to Utah football. We got some practice sound. Ben Solack will stop by to talk some NFL. Max Brown later on for some more college football. But we're live today, Dish Professionals eight oh one, four to two four Dish eight oh one, four to two four Dish. The new location is four eighty six West forty eight hundred South. And my guy Ryan stops by once again. All right, Ryan, we're both football fans. You're a football fan, you fan Niner fan. And it's that time of year where if you are a football fan and you're not ready for eighteen days away when it's Utah by un Utah State week zero prior to that week one of the preseason in the NFL, this is the time of year to get ready to watch football. But obviously we're here because you've got a great deal for people that have not made the switch to Dish. Now I want to reset where we talked about earlier. There are rumors that ESPN and Fox are merging to offer a streaming serve.
Speaker 1: It's going to be wildly expensive to watch those two products.
Speaker 2: The NFL is on several different platforms, the NBA is about to be on several different platforms as well, And it does feel like we're in this space where it actually makes more sense to do what we all did about six seven years ago, and that's simply have cable television.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 5: It's nuts, I mean, we if they put this merger together, it's not gonna be really a good thing for the fans, you know, unless you just are are that's all the only type of media you want to consume, which most of us that's not. We want to have a lot of different options that'll watch the home games, the college games, the pro games. And you know, Dish has this fantastic offer. You're getting the red Zone free, You're getting a set up on a package that's going to be remarkably cheaper than what you're currently paying. And if you stack all your streaming stuff, then that's not necessarily any cheaper either. You know, prices are like one hundred bucks and we can get you three months of service for free, plus Paramount plus is included with that. Dish the Hopper is really cool because it does have the ability to add all the streaming apps into the system, so it's all pretty seamless. You know, you pick up one remote, you can manage to go through everything and then bounce back to your DVR.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you brought up the DVR And I wanted to talk about this earlier because I made the switch from DirecTV to Dish and it coincided with Utah's first appearance in the Rose Bowl. And as I continue to to I still have it on my DVR because occasionally if i'm if it's like middle summer, i'd eat my fix. I'll fire up you know, Utah's Rose Bowl from twenty eighteen or whatever. There's no debate that when it comes to the DVR, the size, the capacity, of the speed, that's one of the things that makes Dish shine over their competitors.
Speaker 1: That's my opinion, my experience and.
Speaker 5: I agree that's it's a fantastic product. And though the promotion, the way it's set up, the price is guaranteed not to change for two years, so you're getting credits for the next two years. We're going to throw in three months of full service for free. You also get the NFL Red Zone, the Multi Sports pack. So you really lined up and dialed up and you're just gonna put a bunch of money back in your pocket and get the best system out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so let's go over the deal that you have today. Yes, so you have today, today and today only.
Speaker 5: If you call in couse spenses here we do these today offers only. You get additional one hundred dollars cash back on top of that. So this is a check that I will write and mails to you after you get installed. Plus you get the three months free, this paramount, plus show time for four months for free, this multi Sports pack for the next six months that's included on there. So you're dialed up there and we'll have you installed for free. So and also ask about our internet. That's something too, is we have. We really could be called the Internet professionals also because we have half a dozen Internet providers and it's.
Speaker 1: Just so easy. Yeah, it's to.
Speaker 5: Call us up and go, hey, can I'm spending seventy eighty ninety dollars a month and okay, we got something at forty and fantastic speeds for a less money.
Speaker 6: And that's what we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you can save money today. You get one hundred dollars cash back in your pocket. And as I always say, if you think you're paying too much for Internet, you definitely are, so stop getting that email every month and going I like, CAUs, I should probably call that dish pro guy because he said I can save money on Internet, So definitely get that done. One more thing, because you referenced this earlier. Netflix isn't going away, you know, some of these streaming services are aren't going away. And one of my favorite things about the dish set up with I think it's.
Speaker 1: The Hopper plus.
Speaker 2: Any sort of streaming service I want is on my guide, so I don't hit input two and go to this different input on my TV, or you know, put my password in again, or wait, wait a second, I forgot my password reset. Like that all goes away with the dish set up because all the streaming services you need actually show up on your guide.
Speaker 1: Well, you and I are probably the same. How you probably watched out Helping.
Speaker 5: Gillmore two three times, you know, But yeah, I just picked up my dish remo and and it goes to the homepage and clicked on Netflix, and boom, I'm watching it and everything.
Speaker 6: Everything's just that easy.
Speaker 5: When I got done, I just hit the back button and there's my regular program, my DVR.
Speaker 6: Everything's just right there, so simple and easy.
Speaker 1: There you go, So call today.
Speaker 2: It is the best time to get this done prior to football season. I'm telling you, if you're a sports fan, dish is the only option. I mean, that's my experience and I've tried all of them. So we're at the dish, Bros. Call and ask questions. It's the best thing to do.
Speaker 1: I'll walk you through it.
Speaker 2: It's eight oh one, four to two four dish eighth one four to two four dish or stop by four eighty six West forty eight hundred south here in Salt Lake. Ryan, you are the man, Thanks buddy. All right, one hour down, three hours to go. Coming up on the other side, we'll switch gears. A very angry Pablo Master Johnnie after the game on Sunday, addressed the media via zoom. We'll see if Pablo is still in the space of being frustrated with officials.
Speaker 1: How does Rwan Cruz look?
Speaker 2: Is the old tune gkid getting close to the visa RSL in action coming up the weekend?
Speaker 1: Pob Lo will stop by.
Speaker 2: We got sound from Utah practice we're gonna play coming up at three thirty from coaches and players, so we'll get back to college and pro football.
Speaker 1: Ben Solac later on, Max Brown later on, we got a busy Tuesday show.
Speaker 2: Tuesday Afternoon Style eight oh one, four to two, four dishes. The number four eighty six West forty eight hundred South is location Little Southwest on the show today, We've got some sound from Utah football practice we're gonna bring to you coming up. We'll call it about thirty minutes from right now. Ben Solac from ESPN stops by to talk NFL. Max Brown later on for more college football, but starting at three o'clock hour today, we'll do a little RSL. The club is back in action, coming up this weekend on the road against Charlotte, a tough result after taking the lead against New York over the weekend.
Speaker 1: A couple of new additions to talk about.
Speaker 2: The head coach of our local soccer club, pob Blo Master Johnny hops on on a Tuesday afternoon Pop's happy Tuesday.
Speaker 13: How we doing happy to do this well? Buds?
Speaker 1: Are we really doing well? Are we really doing well?
Speaker 2: I mean look frustrating series of events against New York after taking that one no lead is gozo tallied really early on? Uh, now that we're a couple of days away, where are you at with what I perceived to be?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 4: Some?
Speaker 1: And I'm not a blame the officials, guy, I really am not.
Speaker 2: But when it appears to be egregious and honestly what it appears to be like the same dude, it's hard to entirely ignore. So which targets on a Tuesday afternoon, are you still most fired up about.
Speaker 1: After a really, really tough series of events that went against you guys against New York?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 13: You know again, I think the way I always look at these things in reflection is like, what could we have done differently from from our standpoint? Obviously in the in in the short term, which is the game, which is the thing that matters the most, is about getting the result. And obviously, when those calls are to your point, is egregious as they were, and left everyone really confused as to how you know, the processes work with within the league, you know, and those those decisions obviously affect results, and that's that's the hardest thing to swallow and then obviously afterwards, I think through three days later, we're talking about different phases of the game that we can improve upon to have more control of the ball, to play the game more on our terms. But the other part of that too that you didn't touch on was the field. And you know, I talked to their head coach before the game and he says, I don't think we should play this game based upon the field conditions. I mean it was it was unplayable, and so you put all that together and it is one of those where you just had to find a way to get out. But again the two penalty calls. You know, here, here's here's my biggest disappointment with with the process of of how the ar works. Right to the two operative words and and how they're pitching this to all the clubs and all the coaches. Is clear and obvious, right, There's got to be a clear and odd vious mistake by the official, not a technicality, not maybe not if right, And so what ends up happening, Spence is our stadiums are not staffed to have camera angles from every possible angle to make sure that it's clear and obvious. That's the first problem, and so on bear's BK. It looks like you gets the piece of the ball. You could argue maybe you did get it. Depending on the angle, it leads you to two different results. And so then it goes back to their statement about clear and obvious. And so my whole thing is, if there's an official standing underneath the monitor for more than thirty seconds, it is no longer clear and obvious, right. And so each one of those instances, and then the off side is called a whole different bag of chips, right because the line's been called it offside, and our cameras are from midfield, and so you know how the angle of the view to the ball is not going to be as clear as a professional who beamed it off sides. And so when when when both of these plays affect exactly what they what they speak to us about is that we're not going to re referee the game. We're just going to make sure that the call wasn't an egregious non caller an egregious call, And and so they're they're basically re refereeing the game using bar and and again again. When when it leads to uh drop points is the moment where everyone's shaking their heads. And so tomorrow I'm on a call with uh, you know, Kurt and and then the competition head at MLS along with the head of of pro referees to get down to the the nitty gritty as to why these decisions were made. And again, they're not going to give us any points back, but if they can improve processes for for everyone moving forward. I think at least we didn't lose points in Vain.
Speaker 2: So there's a small part of me that believes d A needs a little time off. Okay, small part of me that believes he's just a little bit on fumes.
Speaker 1: And we talked about that.
Speaker 2: So I suppose, you know, not having him this weekend might be beneficial for the stretch run.
Speaker 1: But you got to help me understand. I mean, the Kyle.
Speaker 2: Duncan kid pulled him down, and it looked pretty obvious in real time. The assistant ref had the correct call, correct right, and and and so ultimately, you know, Diego sent off and then they send Kyle off upon review. I'm just confused, man, Like, help me understand that series of events.
Speaker 1: How did you digest that from your vantage point the.
Speaker 13: Same way you did Spence? The lineman had it right, he blew a foul against this guy, so and the way he grabbed him around his neck, Diego had no choice but the fall on the guy. There's no other there's no other place for him to go. He's dragging him on his hip. So and again like, this is what I want to know from from tomorrow's chat with these guys as as the how they're doing these things and how these decisions like it. You know, because Diego got a yellow card for talking to the ref earlier on, so I don't know if it was personal between the ref and Diego and he wanted to, you know, and he wanted to make a point, but like it's just, you know, you lose one of the most you know, important players on our team and obviously and one of the guys in our league that's doing really well by not owning that moment as a center ref and saying, hey, listen, is this is this you know, going to talk to the linesman. What happened to those days when you'd have dialogue with the linesman and say, hey, listen, what did you see And he's like, well, I saw him put his arm around his next so we had nowhere to go Okay, great, So it's a foul our way. So there's a lot of these instances that I think could be dealt with if their processes are improved and the communication is improved. Because all of this led to and what was really disappointing is they went back and reviewed after they had a free kick up a man right because they sent Diego off but they didn't send Duncan off. And then they have a free kick of a man which if they would have done everything right and said, hey listen, he put them in the choke hold before the playton started, none of this would have even happened. So, you know, and we talk about all the time, is we got to control the controllables, and unfortunately the uncontrollables for us impacted the way that game finished and the result.
Speaker 2: One more thing on the officials, and then we'll move off of it because other things to get to for sure. And I don't know, maybe around two thousand and eight, two thousand and nine thereabouts when our team started to get a little bit better and the club started to play better, and you know, we would always have these conversations about how the sport and how the league is evolving. Is the talent better, Is the coaching better, are the facilities better, more soccer specific stadiums, And it seemed like the one thing that wasn't improving was the officials.
Speaker 1: And I don't know how.
Speaker 2: You would articulate that, but for a league that is adding uh, you know Sunny Thomas Mueller, Lionel Messi, I mean some real international powerhouses and you know, owners that are coming in with deeper pockets and valuations for teams that are through the roof, and soccer specific stadiums being built all across the country, does it feel like the officiating from a macro viewpoint is keeping up with the progress that every other facet of this sport in this league seems to be kind of manifesting right now.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think that's a good question, and I would say I would say it's it's it's pretty inconsistent, you know. I think a well reffed game is a game where you don't even realize who the center f is, you know, and it's and everything's calm. Everything is like the fouls er fouls and not no fouls or no fouls, and there's consistency in the way the game is, the game is refed and sometimes you need to blow to us a little bit more because the games chip yer, but it's understandable from both sides. I think what what the frustrating part is is is the lack of consistency and within the one game. Right within the one game, it just feels like it's really one sided. And so I think a big thing that would help this and more, you know, is the var and the implementation of how we're going to utilize that and how it's used. I think it you know, we're given the ref so much to do by going over to the video and spending four or five minutes underneath.
Speaker 8: This camera the game.
Speaker 13: Meanwhile, the players and the fans come to see the players, not the referee underneath the video. So if we can improve that, and then as far as the off sides is, if we want to be a top league, I think we have to invest in getting these lines that other leagues in the world have, so where it's not it's not subjective. It's not like looking down a bad camera angle and guessing if these off sides and it's a red line and a blue line, and if the blue lines over the red line, then it's off side, and it's really really clear, And I think because what you don't want is the conversation to be about the inconsistency and refereeing. If you're gonna, you know, if you're going to bring in talent from abroad, you want that to be the last thing these guys are considering. So I think there there's got to be some some some improvements. And and it's not. Again, it's not like they're not working hard every day because I know, I've seen the protocols to be a ref and it's daunting the amount of physical work, the amount of reviews they do. But it comes down to the presence in the game, you know, you know, having this presence where it's going to be. If it's a little bit hectic, I'm gonna bring it down a little bit, but I'm going to keep it both ways so that the game is intact. At times, I feel like the game is actually compromised at times by some of the decisions that are being called.
Speaker 2: All right, moving off that topic, and let's just talk about the game. I don't let's start with the goal. It's one of my favorite goals. You guys have scored all year. I we don't know how many passes maybe eleven, twelve, thirteen, Diego's left footed ball, It's just like, that's so wild that he was able to find Willie who laid it off and Gozo finishes. So give me your thoughts on the start, the build up that led to a one to lead, and then a tenant to the question is do you guys think you were Do you think you guys were dangerous enough after that sands all the officiating stuff that we've talked about.
Speaker 13: Yeah, no, that's a great point.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 13: I think again, going into this field, I think there's two different two different ways of operating. One we can play to the field or we can play true to who we are, right and so we're a team that again we want to pull teams. We want to build from the back, not just to be arrogant in the way we play, but there's actually a tactical application where if you bring a team forward right to pressure goalkeeper, that means you're you're you're. The whole thought process in playing short close to goal is to exploit the space behind the back line because and it becomes dangerous. So we call those fats attacks and that play I think it was like a twelve thirteen pass combination. It goes out left, it comes inside to Mecca, Mecha finds our ten, and Luna finds our forward, and William finds our second forward and Gozo and so I think that that is like textbook training ground application, and the guys did it really well. I think after the goal, a couple things started happening. One, we couldn't get enough pressure on the ball from our guys up front, and that was the first part. And when we didn't, when we did win the ball back closer to our goal, we weren't dynamic enough in our transition to attack to be able to beat their repress. In other words, there's a rule that most pressing teams use was six seconds after you lose the ball, you got to get pressure on the ball, right. So the opposite of that is we need six seconds of extra movement and angles to be able to beat that press. And what happened was we found ourselves defending quite a bit, and that six seconds has to be a switched on and we were late to every one of those transition to attack moments, which then compounded we're now deep defending again, right, And I think a lot of that had to do with the field and those little short passes, the balls hoping everywhere it's going, and so we weren't really clean and then you start losing a bit of confidence in your ability to play out And so I would say not until the second half, and probably fifteen minutes in the second half we regain our footing, and a big part of that was Pablo Luis coming into the game and calming the game and being that outlet pass that found the next pass that allowed the team to move forward and breathe, and then from there we were able to create two or three really good attacks on goal and if not for the crossbar, found the second goal to win it. So you know, today's session was really focusing on our transition to attack and making sure that we're moving six seconds after we win the ball in order to make sure that we're able to keep it and not get stuck in this tidal wave. But defending close to our goal.
Speaker 2: Help me understand how in a professional setting a field, because it was interesting. I didn't know you felt the way you felt until post game, but I'm watching the match, I'm like, that looks like a local muni field in like you know, West Valley, that hasn't been watered in five.
Speaker 1: Six, seven weeks or whatever. How is that allowed?
Speaker 2: How are conditions like that allowed when it comes to a professional league in the biggest major metropolitan area in our country by the way, you know, like it is New York like PF, Like, how is this allowed? And what sort of benchmarks or you know, guardrails are in place to kind of keep this from happening again, Yeah, you.
Speaker 13: Know, I think, well, here's the thing is, obviously every club is trying to maximize the revenue. They had a concert on that field a few days before the game, and you know, I talked to the coach, like I said, before the game, and he actually commented after the game and said that game shouldn't have been played. The field was not in any kind of standard to be played. At one point, Spence, I had the fourth official step onto the field because I'm not allowed to step on the field, But there was a one and a half foot by one and a half foot plot of sod that just lifted up and there was like probably an eight inch pivot and and so again, like this is the one sport where you're using your feet and the most important part of any stadium is the actual turf that you're playing on, right, So it's not like it's American football and you're running routes. The ball needs to roll on something. And and if we're going to be a team that that prides themselves on playing with the ball on the ground and combination play, well, this is obviously not conducive to any of that. And and to be fair to Red Bull that they're a team that wants to play too and in a lot of different facets, but they're aware that the field isn't that.
Speaker 8: Way, and.
Speaker 13: You know that they're they're a more direct team where they're where they're playing balls forward and knocking it down and so you know, but to be fair that their own coach said the same thing I did. It's not safe, especially when you have these million million plus players, you know, dollar players on the field. Our biggest asset as a league are the players themselves, and we're putting them in the arms way by by playing on you know, fields that are that are in that type of condition.
Speaker 1: Let me go back to Diego for a moment.
Speaker 2: Is there a part of you that does kind of feel like he might need a weekend off to kind of decompress and rest and get his legs on it.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, you he's probably your best player, so.
Speaker 2: Of course you want him in the lineup, and you're a better team with him. I'm not saying you're not, but is there a part of you atsch all right, I could take the weekend off and let's get you back ready, you know, with fresh legs.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and yes, yes, one hundred percent agree with that. I think the toughest thing to do with, especially a young player, you know, in Diego Luna, because we we oftentimes forget that he's only twenty one years old, and his rise to where he is now almost seems like it's you know, it's in the last eight months, what's it's been bruined, but like the last you know, four months. Really he's shot up in the you know, the stratosphere. As far as recognition, we don't go to one stadium where he doesn't have fifty to one hundred people waiting for him after games, you know, people waiting for him at the hotels, and the amount of media that he does. Right, so all these things are parlane into like performance, you know, because you went from not having it to all of a sudden how do you deal with this kind of stuff? And so that's one thing that we're talking about internally is how do we take some of the weight off of them? And that's one area that we can definitely do it. The other areas on the field, and you know, for a young player, he's not he doesn't have enough experience in his career to be like, yeah, I need a break here, and like he's open and honest about needing a break, right, he wants to keep proving because what got him to this point wasn't taking a break. It was put it is, put your foot on the on the gas and pressed as hard as you can, right. And so I think this moment is is a is a great, a great way that the universe has has allowed for us to give him a break in a way that he can't resist because it's it's already happened, right, And so I think it's critical. I think he needs a bit of a reset. He's been going hard since the beginning of June without a break. And you know, I think I'm giving him a break by not starting him against Sam Luis and what he Okay, so we didn't play fifty minutes, but he's still doing all those other things. So I think, you know, maybe giving him after tomorrow, giving them the weekend, a good four or five day break where he can kind of reset, be with his his his son in Texas and get away from it all so that he charges his batteries back and and when he's when he's recharged and he's you know, dialed in. There's no doubt that diga Luna makes us a great team.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So we've seen Rowan Cruz a couple of different times in and you know, de truncated moments in league's cup play or final match. We saw him for a minute and then he came on in the second half against New York. Things like this take time, and this is a process. So let's start with Rwan. What have you made of the performances as you put him in as a sub over the past couple of games, And probably more importantly, Pablo, what are you seeing in training that indicates when this thing kind of gets rolling, he could be a good addition.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I would say he's got a really really good understanding of the game, and I think that soccer i Q in that part of the field is really really important. You know, I think he's he saw in the New York game where he did really well receiving the ball with his back to goal, so his hold up play was solid. Decisions from that were really solid. And then there's also a moment or two where he made runs behind the back line and was able to stretch it. And so I think when you have a player with a high soccer intelligence that's comfortable with the ball at his feet, with his back goal and then also running into space, it really allows us to be more diverse than the way we attack. And and so he's been awesome, you know, Looking towards this week, I think it's a great opportunity to start him. You know, physically, we still don't know exactly where he's at. He's had a start, stop and preseason with the team that he came from in Brazil. But I think this is as good as opportunities ever to kind of get him in there, gain some minutes, gain some confidence, and to continue sharpening those those those actions that I think will be really really good for us down a stretch.
Speaker 2: I asked Kurt this last week, I'm curious to get your take as a player. One of the things I've always had a difficult time really grasping as somebody who tries to analyze the game and analyze the league, is how players that come from other parts of the world are prepared to play in MLS juxtaposed to the league they were just in. Okay, So help me understand Rwan's level prior to landing with you and whether or not you think that's the right type of preparation to acclimate to MLS quickly, because let's be honest, you need him to tacklimate quickly.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, I think the only the best metric we can use is the fact that he's played abroad before and so his acclamation to a new environment won't be shocking to him. And that's about where it ends, Spence, because every league plays different. The weather is different, Like there's not too many leagues in Europe that are playing in the summertime, and so like the heat thing is real. You know, the distance and travel right, so that for four and a half hour flight to New York, that's not common in any league in the world. So there's a lot of things that you just don't know how they're going to assimilate. And that's why it takes a lot longer, and then here we have you know, we have it. We have a we have a nice stadium here at aff H And then we go to New York and we're playing on a sand lot with with a little bit of grass, and then this weekend we're going to Charlotte and playing on turf. So there's so many variables that you can't prepare for and you won't know, and that's why I think it takes time to acclimate, not to mention the tactics for our team are going to be different than the tactics at his club. The asks for the forward positions and in Brazil where he was just currently at will be different than what we're asking given our group. And then it's also understanding your teammates. And you know, what's the difference between when Brian o'heeda's on the ball versus Pablo Luis on the ball, Well, Pablo Reice is always going to find passes between the lines and find passes beyond. Oh hey, there's going to be a guy that just you know, dribbles and breaks lines with the dribble. And so there's that there's that acclamation phase where you're starting trying to understand the team tactics, but within that, understand the different abilities of the different players who will be feeding you the ball. So I think that's the toughest thing. And and and some some players assimilate real quickly, some take a little bit of time. But but I think, given his soccer intelligence and acumen, I think Ron will adapt to our league rather quickly.
Speaker 2: All right, before segul loose, let's get an update on the Olatunji kid. I know we're working on his work visa, so where are we at in that process? And just kind of same question, what have you learned about him in a few days and weeks he's.
Speaker 1: Been on the ground now.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so again what I've what I've noticed is a real propensity to score goals. Uh, you know, his his left foot, his power, his right foot, his power and placement great in the air. He's been finishing some unbelievable crosses and we haven't really had that presence uh in front of goal as far as just fall in and he makes it happen. So and again, he's a he's a player that more threatens the back line. He's a willing runner to where you know, I think Ron likes to come defeat.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 13: You know, Victor likes his wretch and so having that balance would be really really important for our group. And you know what I've seen in you know, in the five or six training sessions we've had with him, is he's a real threat front of goal, which is awesome. And then again, what does that do to our opposing defenses. They might have to man mark, they might have to double team, which then opens up space for the guys underneath to do their thing. And so when you have guys like you know, rule On on the field, you have a victor on the field. Diego, diego. I mean it feels like, you know, they're gonna have to pick and choose where they want to double up and where they want to go man to man. And and if teams do go man to man, I'll put I'll put my money on on on the guys that we have on the field to be able to break them down and make plays. So I think we've improved our frontline drastically in this window. And we're just still awaiting the clearance for as far as is Visa is concerned.
Speaker 2: All right, buddy, Well, as you know, you can't exist in the past so go get three.
Speaker 1: At Charlotte and pulling for you as always. Next for the time, let's go all rights.
Speaker 13: Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Pablo Meschnuenti, RSL head coach. The club is back in action this weekend on the road against Charlotte. They'll be back home against Minnesota on the twenty third before we're going to go up to Lumanfield to take on Seattle below the playoff line after the loss over the weekend, so we'll see. Pablo just said, Ron Cruising going to get a start coming up, so a new piece for Rail Salt Lake. All right, we'll bring you some sound from Utah practice coming up. Eighteen days away from college football, pro football essentially is here. You might be lining up for fantasy football drafts, but are you ready to watch all the programming you need? I can promise you, as somebody who once upon a time was on a different platform, that if you're a sports fan, Dish is the only option to pretty much watch everything. Ryan from the Dish Professional stops by again. I'll just reiterate, if you're a sports fan and you're not using Dish, you're missing out. It's the best spot to watch all the sports you need.
Speaker 1: It really is.
Speaker 5: It's simple and easy, and it integrates streaming services also into the system. It's all pretty seamless. And yeah, we're like, what a couple of weeks, Yeah, we're watching college football. Get excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this weekend I was up in the mountains playing a little golf. It was down to like seventy degrees and went, okay, you know we're there now, So it's time to prepare.
Speaker 1: It's time to get ready. We have a special.
Speaker 2: Offer for people to make the switch today, Ryan, let's hear about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so today and today only, we're adding an additional one hundred dollars cash back.
Speaker 1: And this goes on.
Speaker 5: Top of truly a super super stacked offer from Dish. Sign up today you get the great two year promotion from Dish.
Speaker 6: This is credits for two years. The price is guaranteed.
Speaker 5: We're gonna throw a movie channels Showtime Paramount plus free for four months.
Speaker 6: We're also going to get you.
Speaker 5: The multi Sports pack free for the next six months, which includes the NFL Red Zone. If you haven't seen this channel, it's pretty awesome. And the kicker on top of that of everything is we'll give you three full months of service for and so you know this is a no brainer. If you're a cable direct TV customer, you're automatically.
Speaker 6: Thirty forty sixty eighty dollars.
Speaker 5: A month cheaper by picking up the phone, and that equates in two thousands of dollars. Let's stack three months of that service at zero. Then now it's even more. Yeah, plus one hundred bucks cash back, and we can also help with your internet.
Speaker 6: It's a great opportunity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad you brought that up because if you start doing the math and I did this after a few years, when you had me make the switch and then I would come to your spot to do the show, I would just do some loose math. And we're not talking about a Chick fil a sandwich of savings. We're talking about compound interest. Over a few years, you're saving thousands and thousands of dollars with a better option to watch everything that you need. And also, I wanted to bring this up. You are a one stop shop when it comes to installation. Yes, okay, so with people call in, make the switch, save thousands of dollars three months free to your price, guarantee a hundred dollars cash back, and even when that you're still saving money watching on a better platform.
Speaker 1: You'll send my guy.
Speaker 2: Dave or whoever over there to make sure you are installed and taken care of so you don't have to do all this stuff yourself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Day has been with me since inception twenty three years. So yeah, we're we're dialed up. So we'll get you set up and installed. The installation's free. We'll get you the one hundred dollars cash back that's actually a check.
Speaker 1: That comes from me.
Speaker 5: You'll get three months of service, you get the NFL Red Zone, you're going to pay less money, and we can even probably save you twenty thirty bucks a month on your internet. And because we really are like the internet professionals now, we have so many different providers at our fingertips and even companies that you'd be surprised to hear that we offer, but we do offer their services. So simple calls up today and we'll get you a better system, save you a ton of cash, and you can watch the games there you go.
Speaker 2: So new location which is forty eighty six West forty eight hundred South, we'd love to see if you want to come by and say what's up, but you guys know the number by now one four to two four dish, eight oh one, four to two four dish. As I always say, we inundate you with information with these hits. The best thing to do is call and just ask questions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, call us up, ask ask questions. Just if you want, just to call up and go, Okay, I I've got this service.
Speaker 6: I want these channels.
Speaker 1: How much?
Speaker 6: How much?
Speaker 5: And you know we'll lay it out for you to get you the best price and throw in a hundred bucks cash and you sign up today and today only.
Speaker 6: So if you're listening, call right now.
Speaker 1: Eight oh one, four to two four dish. Ryan, you're the man. Thank you. All right, we'll catch a quick break. We're gonna switch gears. Coming up. We'll play you some practice from Utah. Sound. I'll let you hear some here. Let you hear from some coaches and players.
Speaker 2: Thoughts on the race for RB one, Thoughts on the race for getting REPS as a wide receiver for Utah, and where we at in preparation as we are.
Speaker 1: Eighteen days away.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're live today a beautiful but pretty hot actually Tuesday afternoon in August at the dish professionals, which is four eighty six West forty eight hundred. So phone number is eight oh one four to two four Dish, eight oh one four to two four Dish.
Speaker 1: We're high speed ahead to football.
Speaker 2: If you do not have Dish Network as a sports fan, you're missing out on simply the best platform. It has everything you want locally and nationally. They're offering one hundred dollars cash back today only three months free, two year price guarantee Internet solutions as well as I always say, if you think you're paying too much for Internet, you are, uh, but you might just be dragging your heels because we all get busy. You probably are one of those people that gets the email every month with your Internet bill and you say to yourself, that feels expensive. Well it is, and Ryan's got solutions. So as I always say, just call and ask questions.
Speaker 1: So give them a call.
Speaker 2: It eight oh one, four to two four Dish, eight oh one, four to two four Dish. We're gonna bring in Ben Solak coming up in just a little bit, a little bit, excuse me. Week two of the Pro Football preseason gets rolling on Friday. Jordan Love is going to have a procedure on his non throwing hand. They're hoping he'll be ready for week one. We'll bring in Ben today to talks and NFL and then Max Brown for more college football. Week three of camp for the Utes, Week three of camp for BYU, Week three of camp for Utah State. All three schools will open up on Saturday the thirtieth, eighteen days away. So let's get you some sound form practice here on a Tuesday afternoon, and we'll start things off, of course, with the head coach himself, Kyle waiting.
Speaker 15: Him You Bucks fan, Yes, sir, all right.
Speaker 7: I did the scrimmage got saturday.
Speaker 1: You all went well.
Speaker 15: It wasn't as physical as some scrimmage as we've had with the ones. We had most of the ones that thud work, not live and so that was a little bit different in that regard. We've done that in the past at times, and we just felt like that was the best approach for the first scrimmage. Two's got all the live work. They were live in the entire scrimmage and so had some good teaching tape. And I think we're in a good place right now. We're got ten practice in after today and fifteen more go then we're ready to play.
Speaker 1: And how do you feel about the wide receiver group?
Speaker 15: And that group is coming along. We feel like we've identified the top seven to seven or eight guys that are going to be the travelers and that we're going to sink all the rips into the rest of the world, so that that group is really starting to gel.
Speaker 1: I guess you could.
Speaker 14: Say what look like with your running back dep go.
Speaker 15: You know, the top two guys would be way Shawn Parker and Coari Rodgers, not necessarily in that order. They're interchangeable as the one. We're also, you know, having some good production from Daniel Bray racing Gillery, a couple of freshmen that really look like they have a lot of promise. And then of course Devin is like a running back back there at times, and so he's adding to what we're doing. And then you know, you've got guys running the speed sweeps, the wide receivers that are that are giving a supplement of the yards as well.
Speaker 7: Do you not see like a workhorse type situation?
Speaker 15: While the committee not yet, not yet, it's more bi committee at this point, but again it's still early. We've got fifteen practices left and we'll see how it continues to develop.
Speaker 1: Has anybody emerged in the back of the quarterback?
Speaker 15: No, that's tight as it was prior to the scrimmage. They both did some really good things in the scrimmage. They they made in some mistakes and so that's an ongoing process. The competition continues, and right now I would say that's going to continue at least through the next scrimmage and the next and final scrimmage, which will be driving and we gotta we gotta make a decision shortly thereafter.
Speaker 6: But but it'll continue until then with both of those guys.
Speaker 14: And how confident are you that they could get in there if Devin needs time offer?
Speaker 1: Like, where are you at in terms of kind of.
Speaker 15: The did Yeah, that's a good question. Obviously, Isaac is the one that has the Division one experience and that definitely will has helped him and will help him if he's called upon this year. We're not sure how Bird will react in a game situation. He's he's just a true finishment and so that's that works in Isaac's favorite as far as the experience factor. The Bird is a guy that is very mature, doesn't seem a finch when is when his numbers called and when he gets his opportunities, and so we would have, you know, whichever one emerges as the guy, we'll have confidence in him and a way.
Speaker 9: To got the You've got the five freshman defensive tackles that we're looking for help from.
Speaker 16: How is that?
Speaker 6: How is that group is good?
Speaker 15: We think those guys have a ton of upside. And the position group, the detacled position group, is going to be well stocked for years to come. You say that with the port of us, you never know, but at least right now, we feel like we're in a good place. Couple is ready doing a great job. Capuci kids doing a great job. They're all they're all doing things well, and they're all coming along and learning and getting better each day. But we think that we're gonna have some real superstars marching. That One of.
Speaker 7: The big differences between Rogers and Parker in the backfield.
Speaker 15: Well not a ton. They're both similar in size, you know, five, ten, five or eleven. We got two hundred and ten pounds. They both do an outstanding job of picking up blitzer and they're not afraid.
Speaker 1: They stick their nose in there.
Speaker 15: And they're north and South guys. So they run behind their pads well and get up field, and they both have good hands, so they're they're very similar. NCR just has more experience, you know. Wait, sone's just a true.
Speaker 1: Soft separation on that final corner spot.
Speaker 15: Oppositely Scotty Blake Cotton right now is starting to make a push and so I'd say he's got the uh, he's got the edge right now.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go. Coach Wit.
Speaker 2: Media availability a little early earlier on. I'll take this opportunity to remind you that if you are looking for practice sounds, you can always find it at ESPN seven hundred sports dot com, and when we have access to it, we like to bring it back around to you throughout the course of our daily show. So there's coach Wit. Let's move over now to QB one. You guys know him, excited to watch him play. Here's Devin damp here.
Speaker 1: Devin, how did you.
Speaker 7: Think the scrimmage went on Saturday? Within just the offensive progression?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I think the scrimmage wing very well. You can tell everyone's getting a lot more comfortable Esechly, you know, getting to see a running backs get tackled, you know, it's a little harder to get tackled when we get to the day, So it was just good to see us clicking our all set.
Speaker 2: And who were the guys that stood out to you in terms of your pass catchers and receiver situs that.
Speaker 16: Sort of Yeah, you know, I think Larry had a very big day for him. He's getting more comfortable through it. But uh, you know, I thought we had a very good day all around.
Speaker 1: Very limited drops.
Speaker 17: You know, I think I think everybody was making plays.
Speaker 7: What do you think of those two guys behind you and uh and Rogers and Parker. I mean they're kind of similar. They both could you know, beat you with speed. They are both power backs as well. How do you differentiate the two Yeah.
Speaker 16: Uh yeah, no, they they're very you know one too that it's very rotational, so uh, I mean I love it. I know if I hand that ball off, they're gonna give me four or five. So, uh, you know, that's a great feeling to have as a quarterback.
Speaker 9: Devin.
Speaker 14: Compared to where you were at last year at this point, how do you feel like your game is changer?
Speaker 11: How do you kind of assess your game right now here?
Speaker 16: Yeah, you know, I always feel like the game just gets sower and sower by the year. You know, you get more comfortable with the guys and stuff, and uh, just me being more in the leadership uh role now than I was last year. Just being able to bring people on and uh, I think you know, we're we're building something here. Uh, I'm very excited for this game coming up.
Speaker 1: They have a strong running game like you do.
Speaker 7: Do you think that takes some of the pressure off with your ability to run or not ability, but you don't have to take as many chances to try to you know, risk injury and and and keep the ball yourself.
Speaker 16: Yeah, you know, I think football is on those games you rather you win with the past, you win with the run. So just to make sure that they have to respect our run game, our receiver is gonna have a field day as well, so you know works vice versa.
Speaker 1: You have a bunch of experience in this offense.
Speaker 3: How do you feel that the players around you that maybe are new to it, how are they adjusting and how's the installment?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I think they're adjusting very well. They asked me questions what they can do better, and uh, you know that's that's just a great that's just a great thing going into football when you can get on the same cylinders. It's all about brotherhood and just having any fish and play, so everyone wants to buy in.
Speaker 6: We've heard a lot about JJ Buchanan.
Speaker 14: What what have you seen from him to give you confidence that he could be a guy this year? Yeah, day did a freaking nature to have someone that big and that that athletic and just at that young age to be able to come in here and work the way he does big things coming.
Speaker 7: From Rashauna said that he wants to put up fifteen hundred this year. Utah has never had a quarterback that's rush for one thousand yards. Is that a goal you're looking at?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I mean, you know, I just I played a win, and you know, if it happens to me running that ball, you know, I'm gonna do it as the best for my team. So if that comes with it, and that's nice to happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, there you go. Devin Dampier QB one for the University of Utah.
Speaker 2: As we discussed a little bit earlier, Utah breaking in a new quarterback this year. BYU breaking in a new quarterback this year, it appears they've landed on bear Bachmeyer. According to Taron Roderick today during BYU practice, bear Bachmeyer took the majority of the reps with the ones, with McKay Hillstead grabbing a little bit as well. But seven of the top ten teams in the AP Top twenty five are breaking in new quarterbacks this year. So it's kind of a reality now and has been for a while. That transfers kind of rude the day.
Speaker 1: So there you go. Good stuff from Devin today.
Speaker 2: Final one that will play on this Tuesday of the show. New captain for the Utah Youth Tiers, Jared, Come.
Speaker 7: Well, Jared, there's a lot of talk about this offensive line. Have you kind of lived up to expectations so far in camp? Yeah?
Speaker 17: I mean we're really flattered for all the talk, all the positive talk, but in reality, our attitude as an old line is that we haven't proved anything. I mean this season, I hating started pre season accolades in reality don't mean anything. No one's gonna remember those. So our goal, I mean, our our mentality, our attitude is that we haven't proved anything. We got a lot to come up and prove this year, and so we are working every single day to be able to put this in a position to be able to do that.
Speaker 1: Jaren, what does it mean to you to be a captain?
Speaker 17: It is the biggest honor that, honestly I can think of. I mean, I'm I'm I'm so fortunate. I would say so fortunate that my teammates you know see me, you know, see me as a as a guy who's essentially able to fulfill that role as a captain. And so I'm so honored that to be to be put in this position, and so I will do everything I can to earn it every single day.
Speaker 9: Time.
Speaker 14: It's different about this team or what's kind of the makeup of this team as compared to maybe years past.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean we have had a team meeting kind of about this we I mean, I think it's just over fifty percent of this team is brand new. So there's a lot of new guys and that's something that you know, me being here sometime, this is something that's kind of new. But one thing I do love is that everyone's starting to buy in or I mean all the all the new guys, the older guys I think are really helping kind of re establish what our standard is every single day in practice, in our workouts, and I think the new guys are really starting to buy in and so and we're really coming together. I'm really excited. I'm so excited for this team. And then I'm so yeah, I'm just excited for.
Speaker 7: It not being into any of the preseason stuff. I guess you're gonna take it as a slight to you guys were not in the preseason Top twenty five EP was just released today. There's like four big twelve teams that are Do you feel that that's this mentality of this group is something to prove?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 17: Yeah, absolutely, we got something to prove. I mean, you guys know last year is obviously not the standard, and so it's not being top twenty five. I mean that's you know, that's not outside of expectations because of that. So yeah, we got so much to prove. And that's that's the other two we have, is that we we gotta come out and improve everything that we believe that we are.
Speaker 1: Karen Temistry with Devin Damn here.
Speaker 17: Oh it's been it's been growing really well.
Speaker 1: I forging love to do.
Speaker 17: He's a outstanding, not only out staying quarterback, he's now staying a teammate. I mean, I think he'd be okay if I said he's taking us out to eat. I don't even know how many times as an entire offensive line. So he's he's a he's a team guy, you know, he's a he's a guy that's really here with the boy, you know, for the boys. And he's an awesome addition to the locker room, not only locker room in the offense as well. So it is, but it is, but he is as he's been really awesome with us. So that's that's gonna help us. Just give that a little half, that's a little half a second longer protection, you know. Knowing that, knowing that our guy behind us really takes care of us, We're gonna try to get there for him.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Jared Cump. He was just named a captain for the Utes.
Speaker 2: Stephen Dampier coach with if again, if you missed any of the sound to ESPN seven hundred Sports dot com is where you go. We've got a new client on the station. We have a new client on the show. And I was lucky enough to go visit them.
Speaker 1: Today and see their facilities. Now, look here's the deal.
Speaker 2: It's Game Day Men's Health, and I can just tell you what supplementing testosterone, in addition to using peptides and some of the other offers and services they have at Game Day Men's Health have done for me.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: I walked in today and my guy Ryan from the Dish Bros. Looked at me and said, what are you doing. You've lost weight. I've lost about twenty five pounds over the past number of months utilizing the services they have at Game Day Men's Health. So if you've never tried to supplement tustosterone before, maybe your libido is slipping, if your energy levels are down, but mostly if you want to get back in shape and lose weight, they've got a great offer and I went through it today. So they have a fit three D three sixty kind of metric. Well, they're going to analyze everything that you have going on, your body shape, your body comp has, is your fitness level. They'll give you your body fat percentage. They go over measurements with your front, your side, and your back to see how your head posture is, how your back posture is, where you distribute your weight, whether it's your left foot, your right foot. They measure your neck, your chest, your weight, your hips, your biceps, they go over all of it. And right now they're offering this for free. So you get a free consultation with this three sixty body screener and the scanner. They will give you a free screening as far as whether or not you have any prostate issues, and they give you a free testosterone test to see where your testosterone levels are at. Okay, So if you're looking to get back in shape, I can just tell you what it has done for me over the past number of months. I've lost a bunch of weight. I'm in the best shape I've been probably since college. You'll gain muscle, you'll lose some of that weight, you'll get that libido back, and all this right now is free as far as the consultation goes. So some of this biohacking, once upon a time was maybe reserved for like pro athletes or celebrities. It's no longer the case. It's much more affordable than you think it is. And if you mentioned ESPN seven hundred, if you tell them you heard it on my show, they're offering fifty percent off your first year membership.
Speaker 1: And again you get that free consultation.
Speaker 2: So check them out today game Daymen's Health dot Com and make sure you tell them you heard me talk about it on the show.
Speaker 1: I went to their Cottonwood Heights location earlier today.
Speaker 2: They're also in Lehigh, Ogden and let's see Pleasant Grove, Lehigh, Cottonwood Heights, South Ogden. Game Daymen's Health dot Com is where you go to take advantage of the offer.
Speaker 1: And I can tell you what it's done for me. I feel as good as I felt in a number of years. You look really good, Thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: So do you you always keep yourself in shape? You know, there's no doubt about that. So it's one thing to be in physical shape. It's another thing to be ready to watch the games you need. As football season is here, week one Pro football, preseason college football, eighteen.
Speaker 1: Days away from game day.
Speaker 2: And as I say every time we do these hits, we are a sports talk radio show, so mostly sports fans are listening to us.
Speaker 1: Tell our sports fan listeners why dish is the best place for them?
Speaker 5: Well, right now, if you sign up a Dish, you're gonna get you know everything. You can actually even watch the Sunday ticket through the dish system. Now you get the NFL Red Zone for free. We'll get you the multi sports back which also and also make sure we get to get you like the basic ESPNS and the Foxes and so you can watch you know, all the college football. And here's the thing is, you know this merger stuff goes on, Uh, it's gonna make it's gonna make watching the ESPN and Fox super expensive. And uh, you know it's it's actually just a matter of time. We already know what's gonna happen. They're gonna figure out a way to put people in a situation where they just got to pay more money. And we're already there now where it's just as cheap to get a normal traditional dish system than it is to get handful of streaming companies.
Speaker 2: So yeah, if you start doing the math with all the platforms, the NFL is on and the changing landscape of college football, YouTube TV just had a massive price raise as well. I've got a couple of buddies that ditch that and they went back to their whole service. Ultimately, the irony and all of it is I think most of us thought, okay, streaming would ultimately save us money juxtaposed to our cable packages.
Speaker 1: Now we're no longer there, Like you actually saved money going the other way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, especially right now this promotion, it's super cheap. You get price is guaranteed for two years. We're going to give you three months of service for free, just coming on as a new customer. You get the Multi Sports pack, which includes the NFL Red Zone. We'll throw in show Time and Paramount Plus free for four months. Now here's the thing I just mentioned to streaming that's Dishes aware of that.
Speaker 1: Like years and years ago, they've already.
Speaker 5: Added YouTube and Netflix and Amazon Prime is just built in.
Speaker 1: It's a channel.
Speaker 5: But now with the Hupper Plus technology, you can add every single app into the system. So it's very seamless. You can go back and forth from your traditional TV DVR and you have a great DVR, biggest one out there. Auto hopped commercials. Nobody does this. It auto records your locals and it'll auto record you. You go in and just say hey, these are my teams, and you can even go specifically like I just want to watch Utah football or BAU football. It'll find those games and just put them on your TVR. They're just recorded you don't even have to think about it. And if you called today, a little extra so one hundred dollars cash back on top of all that. This is probably the biggest stacked offer I've ever had from Dish. And the opportunity with extra hundred bucks today is you're really picking a good time to call if you call right now.
Speaker 2: And finally, as I say, if you walk out to the mailbox and get your internet bill, or you open up your email and you get your internet bill and you think that feels expensive, it is. Yeah, you're paying too much. So you have some internet solutions for people.
Speaker 5: If you're spending more than fifty bucks a month for internet, you got to just call me because that's that's really where a lot of the prices are as in that forty fifty dollars sixty dollars rate. So if you're if you're spending eighty ninety, you know more and more, Uh, just call us up. We'll make a real seamless, simple solution. You can actually if you're if you're going to I've got Fiber, you can actually in some areas because it's deregulated, just switch who you pay your bill to and they change up the modem and then you end up with the same service, but you're just paying less money. And it's really it's the silliest thing in the world, but it's it's available out there, but.
Speaker 1: You just got to call us up.
Speaker 5: Take advantage advantage of the hundred bucks cash off. Cash back will be a check written to you after you get installed, and the three months free.
Speaker 2: There you go, and if you do a little bit of math, over the course of just a few months, you're gonna be saving real money. It's not just okay, we're going to take the family to dinner. No, you're saving real money that you can allocate the bills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Mean right off the bat, you're you know, you're probably three three to five hundred bucks just right off the bat at plus one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: So yeah, there you go. Call today's ato one four two four dish. Eighth one four to two four dish.
Speaker 2: Ryan, you are the man, Thanks buddy, all right, live today at the dish professionals give.
Speaker 1: Him a ball at eight oh one four to two four dish. It's eight oh one four to two four dish.
Speaker 2: If you're a sports fan, dish is the place you want to be for all your college and pro football and also your local and national NBA watching experience. If you're a Jazz fan or an NBA fan, you can come by four eighty six West forty eight hundred South or give him a call at eight oh one, four to two four dish. We talk some NFL with one of our favorites, are rising star who's grown up right in front of our eyes from ESPN, the great Benjamin Solac on a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Mister Solac, how are you, sir, I'm doing well. I'm doing well.
Speaker 2: So Jordan Love played his college ball Utah State. We all kind of cheer from here.
Speaker 1: Looks like he's gonna have a little procedure on his non throwing hand.
Speaker 2: Ben what's your understanding of the nature of this injury and how long do you think he'll be out?
Speaker 8: He should be ready for week one. Non throwing hands kind of like, hey, you know, fix it up, stitch it up, put some dirt on it, you know, put a little protective shield on it. Let's go. If anything, you take out those couple of plays in the playbook where you hand the ball off with your left hand right some of the funky backfield stuff but other than that, you'll largely expect them to go ahead and play invite effect ball. Security in the pocket a little bit, right, somebody swipes at your hand and then grip on the left hand isn't a strong But when it comes to the non throwing hand, we expect you back out there now. Missing time in camps bigger deal for a younger player than a veteran, of course. But you know, it hasn't been the best preseason for Love. He's a little bit all over the place in the first game. They're obviously trying to find a second level to that offense, which has been a good offensive times a great offense, but not necessarily the juggernaut they were hoping. And they have a young wide receiver there, Matthew Golden, for whom you'd like to get as many reps as possible. We just start a quarterback in your new first round receiver. So it's not significant, but as with all things, it's not insignificant. It's an injury to a franchise quarterback is on the bay atention too.
Speaker 2: I think it's fair to say after sitting behind Aaron Rodgers for a few years, once Jordan got that job, it's been good, maybe sometimes very good. What has to happen for him to take that next step and actually have some sustained success come, you know, playoff time, maybe win a couple of playoff games.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they were one and five against their division, lost both of the Vikings, lost both the Lions, and split with the Bears. The game they won against the Bears, if you recall, was a game winning block field goal too, so it wasn't like that was open and shut. They also lost to Philadelphia in the season opener and then lost them again in the postseason. So when it came to playing NFC contenders last season, they really did' show up to the plate, right oh and two against the Eagles, I and two against the Vikings and oh and two against the Lions. So you need to be able to elevate in those particular high leverage situations. You see a lot of turnovers from Jordan Love against top opponents. He tends to play a little bit loose, a little bit aggressive when he feels like he needs to make plays in order to win. And I also think you see the Packers lack of stars in those games.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 8: They bring in Josh Jacobs, they draft and developed Jayden red and all these excellent offensive linemen. On the defensive side of the ball, it's Rashaun Garry, and it's Lucas van Nets, it's Kenny Clark. Edrick Cooper was great for them as a rookie. They bring in Zaviray McKinnon free agency, and everybody I've named here. Spence is a good to great player. But when it comes to field tipping, franchise changing players, right, those guys who really really cause matchup problems for you against those top opponents. There is no Justin Jefferson on this team. There is no a j Brown or take one Barkie on this team. There is no Aiden Hudginson or Brian Branch Jamier Gibbs on this team. The other NFC contenders kind of have a lot. The Packers out gunned in terms of those elite players, and so there's certainly stuff Loves can do in terms of cutting down on the turnovers. But I think it's going to be a team effort. I think it's got to be they're better coach, and they're better prepared against these top opponents, and it's got to be a front office effort where they bring in some of those blue chip players you need to really tip the scales against playoff contenders.
Speaker 2: Let's stick with quarterbacks, Let's stick with local storylines, and let's talk Jackson Dart with his first preseason experience in the NFL.
Speaker 1: There looks good.
Speaker 2: I mean, he had a touchdown pass and you know, we watched him grow up around here before he left for college. We know that Brian dave ballas said Russell Wilson, will be their starter. But what did you make of the first opportunity we had to see Jackson play a little pro football? And what sort of chance does he have to maybe at some point actually get on the field for the Giants.
Speaker 8: I strongly expect we'll see him start at some point this season. Both head coach Brian Dabele and general manager Joe Shane we're told pretty explicitly, I mean, ownership is clear about this. In presconfaence at the end of the year, they were told, listen, you know, we need to see substantial improvement in this season, this twenty twenty five season, or it's going to be a new guy in charge of both the front office and the coaching staff. And so when that's the case, and you have a rookie first round pick quarterback burning a hole in your pocket, you tend to get that guy reps because at the end of the season you want to be able to point his improvement point in his developmental art and say, see if you keep us for another year. Look, you know we've got this young guy where we're building around him. You know there's there's often am here, there's a rosy future. So I strongly expect to see Dart play. And I think you're very happy with what you saw in that first preseason game in terms of some of the arm talent, making the throw down the field, terms of the movement skills, scrambling around back there. They called a QB draw for him. I was impressed by how Brian Gable called the offense around him right RPO heavy. Like I said, the quarterback draw a lot of shot opportunities, starts coming from a very very very college offense. So you don't want to give him five in the concept full field progression set your protection. You ask to a little bit more slate to him slowly. So I thought Dabel had a good understanding of what to give Dart. He would jump me back there. He ran himself into some pressures. He was late to some throws. That's what you expect from orthew quarterback in his first preseason start. So I think I think you checked the box for you. I think Gable has a good understanding about'll make dart work. And then it becomes a question of just how long can Russell Wilson hold off Jackson Darty. We see him in week six, Week ten, week twelve, or somewhere in between.
Speaker 2: Over the course of the past well almost six years now you've been coming on this show, We've often talked about Zach Wilson because he played his college ball at BYU and I'm a Jets fan and watched him struggle mightily to acclimate to the NFL. And whether it's, you know, it's the chicken or the egg thing. Is that a Zach problem? Is it a Jet problem? It's probably a bit of both. But he does have an opportunity to continue his pro football journey in Miami as potentially to his backup.
Speaker 1: Do you think he'll get that job?
Speaker 2: And what did you make of the truncated space we saw from him preseason Week one?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm almost certain he'll get that job. Right now, KiB three for them is Queen Yours out of Texas on his big time college quarterback, but a late round pick who really is just struggle to translate to the NFL level. So A strongly except that Zach will be the KB two there in Miami, which has historically been a good job at a not so good job. It's been a good job because to him is his time to get an opportunity to play. It's been an also good job because the Dolphins offense is very built for Tua and a lot of times when these backups go in it just looks way worse than it did when Too was at the helmps of how sculpted it is his style. Zach, I thought against the Bears back ups there in preseason, they looked great, and I think there were some bad sacks that he took. He almost threw a pick sext he just dropped. Otherwise it was going to the house. Like I said, it's not an ideal offense for quarterbacks who don't play exactly like two of does. You have to process for the fast, make really really quick decisions. He's very accurate with the football and it's not something that Zach is typically done over his pro career. Now it'll look different if Zach has to play four games in the regular seas think it is too and down with an injury, versus, hey, we're just running our base offense in the preseason to evaluate our wide receiver four and our offensive tackle three and are running back too along with Zach Wilson. So he'll be the backup there. I don't know how well he'll he'll he'll perform if he's forced to play, because just typically we've not seen backups do well in that Miami system. But we'll get there when we get there. If and went to him as his time.
Speaker 2: Should or Sanders gets the start in the first game for the Browns in the preseason, they have some injuries in that quarterback room. They brought in former ti Or Huntley, who we saw for a moment a lot of people, and look, Shador is going to have a very bright spotlight on him for a number of different reasons that we all understand. Your takeaways week one with Shador you know, performing I think very well, and whether or not you think he actually gets that job.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I think that the first box you wanted to check was, Hey, we thought this cat was going to be a muster earlier pick. He goes in round five, and a lot of the reporting around that was how he handled the pre draft process and you know, kind of a side show that comes with him and his pops and okay, well, you know, how much do we want that in our building relative to his talent level. So when he goes to play the first preseason game, you know, okay, he walks in with the kind of you know, the big entrance with the moment the lights are on, the ball snapped it all that to the side. It's just got the talent that we thought he was. He absolutely is. He pace round picks and walk out at quarterback looked like they belong the way that Sanders did. Right, We have a process and made difficult throws, accurate throws into tight windows, reset in the pocket. The skills that he had in Colorado are still there. This is a guy who is clearly more talented than the average QWP four on a roster, and then the average fifth round pick. The real question is if he's so much more talented than Dylan Gabriel, who is the Brown's third round pick out of Oregon. Is he's so clearly better than him, that he's going to jump him on the depth chart, become the developmental quarterbacks of the Browns this season, be the rookie that gets the start and gets the snaps if and when they're bad, if and when Joe Flacco gets hurt, so on and so forth, because I'm pretty positive they're gonna start Joe Flacco at least the beginning of the season that we can't answer. We can't answer the Gabriel question yet because it aint the Gabriel fight right when he had he had the hamsterring. Obviously, I saw him in training camp and I was there. Other people have seen him and it's not he's not really lighting it up in camp shit, or it's not really lighting it up in camp. So I don't think sure Door has yet distanced himself such that he's clearly the young guy in line, because we should expect some young quarterbacks in the Browns to get a substantial number of starts this season. I don't know if Sanders has made that gap up yet, But it's August twelfth, and he's gonna make, you know, fifty three minut cutdowns to come. All the reporting that they're going to keep four quarterbacks, so we should stay on the roster, and then it becomes a matter of stacking days, stacking good preseason performances, and continuing to potentially outperform Gabriel and move ahead of him in that depth start. And so this was a good first step, but two and a half quarters of solid ball against the Carolina Panthers backup does not a depth chart reshuffle, right. I have to remember this is a process gonna happen over time.
Speaker 1: A couple of QB battles.
Speaker 2: We saw Anthony richardson for a moment before he left with a finger injury, and Daniel Jones came.
Speaker 1: On, and you know, he looks like Daniel Jones if you've watched.
Speaker 2: Them play before. There are moments where you're like, hey, maybe be can figure it out. And then in the long run, I'm not sure that he's a long term answer for anybody. But who do you think it's that job with the Colts.
Speaker 8: Man, I don't know. It's I think that they're confident that they can win nine games at Daniel Jones a quarterback, and deservedly so. Daniel Jones is as an average quarterback with a decently high floor and run the RPO offense. He ran for Gardner Minshew a couple of years ago, and you have such a good cadrip weapons there, Jonathan Taylor, the rookie tight end, Tyler war and besides the wide receivers, right, Josh Downs and Michael Pittman, Alex Pearce, ad and my Mitchell. Let's just kind of let this thing plug a chug and we'll go five hundred. I think that they're confident they can do that with Jones. So the question becomes if we can do better with Anthony and Richardson? What does that look like? Does that look like starting him week one, living with them ups and downs, when with some bumps and bruises, giving him the whole runway? Does that look like starting out with Daniel Jones, giving him a few weeks and then turning to Richardson and say you're you're our guy, You're our salvation, like you're gonna come and elevate this offense. Like you know, he sees Daniel Jones be not turnover prone, be safe with the football for five six weeks and say, okay, just do that, but give us three spectacular runs on third down and we'll be fine. A lot of it depends on how they want to modulate richardson how they want to manage the individual, which has been the narrative around him since he was there right where they started him early. They yanked him for you know, sat up for Sam Ellinger and yanked him for Joe Wacko like this, that and the other thing. And so if I had to guess, I would say they start Daniel Jones a week one. But that's fifty five to forty five. I mean that really is I don't think they know. I don't think anybody else knows.
Speaker 1: Have we reached any sort of level.
Speaker 2: Sean McVay was pretty honest and forthcoming about his creeping concern with Matt Stafford's back. He didn't practice today. I think McVeigh was expecting him to be ready to play.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: Look, it's not like this is a rookie that needs reps. This is a Super Bowl winning quarterback we all know about.
Speaker 2: But if you're a RAMS fan, at what point are you concerned about your starting quarterback?
Speaker 10: Right now?
Speaker 8: If not before?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 8: You know we I don't need to tell you about thirty seven year old in bats, right. I mean, like this is like everybody I've ever met who termed thirty five in my life has been like, man, I can't bend over anymore, you know, like my back goes, I turn around, I moved too quickly. I've got a crick that doesn't go away for two weeks. You know this is there are injuries that players can go through from a nagging perspective that don't really hassle me too much. Right, If a pocket quarterback at thirty seven year old years old has a groin that just really doesn't move me because he's not going to be exploding through lateral cuts anyway, right, so what do we care? But if you've got a back or a foot and then escape from quarterback of throwing shoulder, you can't really grit through that because the moment you get hit on the back, like you just can't rotate, and now you can't deliver the football for me. And so when it was he's had a back injury before and we're being very careful during camp, I was buying it. I was like, Okay, that's also how I would be handling my thirty seven year old quarterback who's been dealing with back injuries for years now. Right, Stafford just takes some many shots that has been editioned out for a while once it became he had an epidural. He's going to practice on Monday. Oh no, he's not practicing on Monday. And he's in this weird trailer getting like radiation therapy that the moment it's like weird third party alternative medicine. That's where like the alarm belts really start going off for me. And that's where we're at now with Stafford. And so I don't know with any confidence if he'll be near one hundred percent at any point this season, whether he plays, doesn't play, six ice pack, whatever ends up being, there's still some worlds where he gets it out. See Stafford. He's a tough sun of a gun. But yeah, I'd be concerned.
Speaker 2: So we saw Little Joe Burrow week one preseason and he hit connected with Jamar a few times, and he himself has talked about how good he feels, how healthy he is.
Speaker 1: Can Cincinnati stop anybody?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, when you look at the odds to win the Super Bowl, Cincinnati is down with the Commanders at eighteen to one, so it's not impossible. And we know offensively who they are, what they can do, but defensively with their questions and we saw it again. I mean, oh, it's only the preseason, but I'm not saying it feels like they're wasting a prime Joe Burrow. But Joe Burrow is among the best quarterbacks and all the pro footballers you know.
Speaker 1: Do the Bengals have the defense this year to be taken seriously?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm surprised that of all the Utah guys you're asking me about asking me about Tanner McKee. I thought, I'm pretty sure he's the use of high school product and memories. There's I love me Old Tanner McKee is been good basket the Degal for a while and he shredded the Bengals in the preseason. If the Bengals defense can stop anybody, I tell you they're better suited on offense this year for a Super Bowl run than they've ever been because they're better running the football now they've been. They have a back in Chase Brown who presents a dynamic ops out of the backfield the way they haven't previously. They do more twelve personnel stuff now too tight ends, so they don't just have to live on Joe Burrow goballs. They're a lot deeper, more variable on Offense's makes them all the more dangerous. They are so so so ready on that side of the ball, and then on the defensive side of the ball, it's a massive question mark. A common model that we see work in NFL postseasons is top five offense plus league average defense. It's harder to do it the other way, goes through the postseason with average offense, top five defense, because the league is just skewed towards offense. Even if you have a top five defense, you have a good chance of giving up to thirty during some playoff games. You just run into a really great unit and then you can't catch those texts when you have the ball. And so you think about the twenty twenty one Rams to beat the Bengals in the postseason. You think about even some of these recent Chiefs teams. You're seeing a top five offense and then an average defense. Washington last year, making it gains the Eagles Anton Championship game with the top offense and then an average defense, and so the Bengals. You don't need to stop everybody, You just need to not be the twenty eighth best defense. You need to get to the twentieth. You need to get to the eighteenth. And they've got a ton of young players, and they made a defensive coordinator change, and they're kind of just you know, snapping the joker pool stick in half, throwing it into the middle of their safety room, their cornerback room, their defensive tackle room, and saying, listen, if you make plays for us, you will get the reps, you will get the snaps. It is up for grabs right now. So it's in their range of outcomes that they have a good enough defense. It's not in the rage of outs their top ten, but it's in their range of outcomes. They have a good enough defense make a run, but they got to get lucky on a couple of breaks. They need some young players to contribute. DJ Turner, Dat Hill, Chris Jenkets, Jordan Battle, a lot of important young players for them. So I'm hoping. I really want to see it, but I'll believe it when I see it. An not a moment sooner.
Speaker 2: Vegas tells us the Super Bowl winner will likely come from the pool of the Eagles, the Ravens, the Bills, and the Chiefs. Do you agree that those are the four teams that we all should be honed in on. And is there any other team outside of the top four you would add to that group?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I would take that four over the field for sure. And I think that a big part of the reason why is because it's just the Ravens and the Bills are so desperate for it. There's such an intensity in those two buildings right now to find a weakness in the Chiefs to be able to get over the hump there in the AFC. So there's an intensity there. And then obviously, but the Chiefs, you have the championship pedigree, right we woy not be surprised if they show it up for that big game. Again, that's kind of what they've been doing the last few years. And so I would take that group over the field. If I'm introducing a fifth team, the Bengals are pretty high up on that list. I would say the Houston Texans are one that that's higher on that list for me meant a lot of other people. And I know I'm only mentioning AFC teams here right now, but the Texans have a good shot of having just simply doug best defense in football, and then they have the Bengals. Thing on the other side of the ball, where we have a big coordinator change, we have a lot of young players. Can we take a massive year one leap right under this new coach. And in the case of the Texans, it's not that oh, can they be an average unit? We saw this with a top ten unit two years ago and then they had huge offensive line problems to the coordinator problems. They made a change. And so if Houston Brooks ran on our offense, we'll have the eighth best offense and the number one defense. That's gonna be a scary group. So Houston and Cincinnati are two teams out put very close. The NFC is tough. I tell you, I was in on the Buccaneers before the Tristan Wurfs injury. I want it to be there on the Lions. But two new coordinators, two new starters in tier offensive line, that's a little far for me. I would have, you know, experimented with the Rams if not for the Stafford injury. Like the non Eagles, NFC teams are not having the best augusts right now, and that makes it tough to find the team from that conference.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I want to ask you about the Cowboys. I know, I just want to ask you about the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: You know, they have an event last night, you know, for their docu series that's coming out, and Jerry Jones is asked about the Micah Parson stuff, and he's asked about all the chaos the team to surround that organization all year long, and he essentially leaned into it by saying like we're soap opera and if nobody's talking about us, I'll make sure we do something to get attention. It just every time he opens his mouth it feels so tone deaf, yet not surprising because this is who he is and this is who they are. So what do you make of where we find ourselves with Dallas?
Speaker 8: I thought there was a really wonderful piece on ESPN today that Bill barn Will, my colleague, wrote about how the conservative estimate for how much money the Cowboys have cost themselves in cap space by waiting on the back Breas that deal, waiting on the CD LAMB deal, waiting on the Michael Parsons deal, the conservative estimate is eighty four million dollars. So if for Jerry getting to see the Cowboys on Get Up at nine o' five is worth eighty four million dollars than Listen. He's a much more successful business man than me. He probably knows something I don't know. All the power to him. For me, I would be taking eighty four million dollars in cash stakes. I'd be going get myself a run stuff in defensive tackle, get myself with a linebacker depth. I began a better outside corner, and I was trying to win a championship. But I like the rings. I think Jerry liked the money. I think you know, he and I are kind of rolling the boat in different directions, And so I would encourage everybody who doesn't understand the cowboys and why kind of media wize we all get so so toots about this to go read the Barnlil piece, like I said, I thought was lovely. In the case of Michael Parsons, specifically, Jerry's doing a similar song and dance the what he did with Lamb WHI he did with Dak. I think what makes this different in terms of delaying this contract, letting it go, and Mike are requesting a trade and this on the other thing is that Parsons has always marched more to the beat of his own drum than Dak and Seed right Seed, He's always been like a I just want to catch the football. I want to put a bunch of stats. Let's win some games.
Speaker 13: Let's go.
Speaker 8: Dak has always been a shrewd businessman who's done his job well there in Dallas and has used his you know, big soapboxes the Cowboys franchise quarterback to help make more money for himself. Like those guys kind of are are more typical bills and approaches for star players. Micah Man Like, when Micah says I've done being a Dallas cowboy, I don't think it's true. I said, ninety five percent chance he till a cowboy, but it's not. You know, he's a good, healthy one percent chance that he takes that very seriously and he goes the distance with that because Micah, just like I said, has always been a little bit more to the beat of his own drum, and so most like the outcome. It's September second, we all get a buzz on our phone. Michael Parsons has been signed for forty two million dollars per years, the high paid non quarterback in NFL history, and everything. Conky Dory Dallas goes and wins their ten games this season, but who knows, maybe it does get a little bit frisky and we all have more to write, abound and talk about come September.
Speaker 2: A couple of minutes left, Ben, before I set you loose, someone to ask you about a couple of teams, as I do every time you join us that have the most interest in our region. As a result of the move to Vegas, the Raiders are the closest team in proximity to us here in Salt Lake City.
Speaker 1: Year one for Pete Carroll, it's a new everything there.
Speaker 2: Will they at least maybe represent some sort of hope for long suffering Raiders fans.
Speaker 8: I think they will. I think you'll have to squint a little bit, because just from a depth chart perspective, right now, the Raiders' offensive line and then pretty much all three levels of the defense are just not where you want to be to consistently produce wins. They're going to lose games because they're under too much pressure right now on the front, especially along the interior. They're gonna lose games because even though the offense is putting points of the defense and just getting outscored.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 8: The Christian Wilkins injury and subsequent release is such a big one. They lost over five thousand snaps from the defense last year into this year. And that doesn't even include Marcus Aps, who was the twenty twenty three starter who got hurt in twenty twenty four. Mary got the building, Robert Saline out the building, Calebon chasing out the building, Nate Hans out the building, Jack Jones up the building. They just lost so many dudes from that defensive jet chart, and so it's going to be rough. There's going to be frustrating losses because they just don't have the personnel to stop a certain receiver, a certain running back, so on and so forth. But I think the offense is going to look sick with Chip Kelly and you're going to do a bunch of cool stuff. G you know, is a very solid starting NFL quarterback, good thirteenth best quarterback in football. And they have and brought Bowers, Ashton Genty, Jakobe Meyers, Jack Besh, a really good young cadre of weapons. It's going to allow them to outscore some opponents and win some big, exciting games. I think it's going to be a promising looking year one, even if it ends with the seven and.
Speaker 2: Ten record last one. Year two BONICKX Year two Sean Payton. Denver Broncos another team that is kind of in the middle as it pertains to the Vegas odds.
Speaker 1: Nine and a half is the over under for wins.
Speaker 2: So it feels like there's a lot of momentum an optimism for what Denver can be if they kind of continue on this scope.
Speaker 1: We've got a lot of former utes on that roster. What do you think this year looks like for the Broncos.
Speaker 8: It's going to be. They're one of the hardest teams to figure out. For one, you have advanced Joseph defense that's not only returning many starters but also added in free agency Calenohufon and Dreg green Law added in NIFL Draft today. There and right, this is one of the best defense in the league that added dudes. But if you go and you look at the history of defenses, it's actually a lot harder to repeat two top five seasons in a row than you would expect, even when you return all the personnel. Advanced Joseph's defenses have historically been some of the worst perpetrators of high variants.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: The two years previous to last season when they were excellent, they were like bottom ten in the league, you know, and again with a lot of the similar personnel, because he plays a very high risk, high rewards style. So I want to trust the defense, and on paper I do, but the reality of defense in the NFL is that you play a couple more starting quarterbacks, you have a couple more injuries, and you can go from five to twenty fifth and real stink. So I have questions on the defense, and then offensively, this team improved dramatically over the course of last season by minimizing bo Nix's ask. Right in the first eight weeks of the season, I haven't and pushed the ball more down the field, go through progressions in the pocket. They come back second half of the season, a lot of throws behind the line of scrimmage, a lot of swing, a lot of screens, a lot of sprintouts. And some of that was because they needed to replace the running game. Running game was no good. They had a bad backfield, but some of that was because Bow as a rookie, was just had a little bit too much on his plate and they need to reduce him and kind of become a little bit more of a RPO checkdown screen constraint play sort of an offense. In year two, they need more from Bow, but they also had more weapons right rookie running back R. J. Harvey, Rooky had receiver Pat Bryant, such that those screens, those checkdowns are even all the more dangerous. And so I believe, but I have question marks. They're a team that has a very wide range of outcomes. Approaching twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Ben, thanks man for the time, great time of year. Pro Football's back. Have a great week and we'll chat too.
Speaker 8: Appreciate you, spence to take care the great.
Speaker 2: Ben Solac from ESPN at Benjamin Solac on social is where you find them is pro football is here. Week two of the preseason gets rolling on Friday and then not too far away from actually game day. All right, live today at the dish professionals for eighty six West forty eight hundred South.
Speaker 1: Come on buy and say hi, Ryan, my guy stops by.
Speaker 2: Let's start this hit with internet options and solutions. So if you are one of those people, like honestly most of us are where you get your bill and you say, wait a second, that feels like it's too much, or you have a price sike with no like tangible benefit. You actually have alternatives for people that feel like they're paying too much for Internet.
Speaker 6: You do, and right now, this is one of the big things that we've been hitting on.
Speaker 5: And we have a half a dozen Internet providers that are fingertips, a lot of companies that you don't necessarily would think that we would carry.
Speaker 17: We do.
Speaker 5: We can get you a much lower bill. You know, if you're spending more than fifty sixty bucks a month, you're paying too much. And there's so many more providers out there than there was just a year ago, and your particular location, you may have three or four options.
Speaker 6: And it may even be oh, i've got fiber. I never want to go away from fiber.
Speaker 5: You might be able to just switch providers, use the same actual fiber, and pay your bill to somebody else, but pay twenty thirty dollars a month less. Just very easy to do. So you just got to call us and let us work our magic. You know, we'll do all the work. You just say, hey, this is who I am, this is where I'm at.
Speaker 6: What can you do?
Speaker 1: And we'll give you the numbers. Now, moving over to Dish. Okay, so that's what we're talking about today.
Speaker 2: I know you feel like you should be called the Internet professionals, but you are called the Dish professionals, and you helped me make the switch a number of years ago. I'll just repeat what I've been saying all day. If you're a sports fan and you don't have Dish, you're simply doing it wrong. So you can get switched over to the best platform to watch all the sports you want while saving a grip of money.
Speaker 1: Today, let's hear about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, if you guys haven't looked at your bill, YouTube went up, your Direct TV went up, your Dish or your cable went up. Listen, if you've got Dish right now, you're hearing a price guarantee. You sign up, you get not only a two year price guarantee, a two year promotion will credits, but we're gonna throw in three months of the service for free. So that's more than ten percent of your entire time that you have the service you'll get for free. Plus we'll throw in showtime paramount plus. And I mentioned paramount plus and you're like, wait, that's streaming dishes. On the cutting edge of that, the Hopper has the ability to have all the streaming apps built in, so it's pretty seamless. You just switch back and forth, you watch Netflix, push the back button. You're in the dish guide and had your DVR, and we'll get you all the games you can watch, all the college basketball, college football, pro basketball. We'll get throw in the multi sports pack, which includes the NFL Red Zone free and on top of that, if you call today and today only, so if you're listening, don't go all in a minute, just pick up a phone and call right now, we'll throw in one hundred dollars cash back on top of everything I've talked about, and that.
Speaker 2: Only happens today. It's an honor of the remote. So just review one hundred dollars cash back today only. You get three months of completely free service, you get a two year price lock guarantee, and you're a one stop shop for install If they call you quick enough, you can get sometimes next day.
Speaker 6: And Steah, we're we're right now, we're next day, so we'll come out the next day.
Speaker 5: Installation is free and I've got fantastic technicians, you know, Dave's been with me since the inception for the last twenty three years and does a fantastic job.
Speaker 1: And you know, uh, we'll come out. We'll set you up, we'll lower your bill.
Speaker 5: We'll put a whole bunch of money, not just a few hundred, but thousands of dollars back in your pocket. Plus you get the biggest, fastest DVR out there and you watch all the games.
Speaker 1: Bottom line, you got a call and ask questions.
Speaker 2: They'll walk you through it. It's eight oh one, four to two four dish. That's eight oh one four to two four dish, right, and you are the men.
Speaker 5: Thanks buddy.
Speaker 2: All right, coming up on the other side, we're back to college football, buddy, Max Brown joins us.
Speaker 1: We'll talk some big twelve Utah, we'll talk some BYU. I want to tell you about my friends at IFA Country stores. It's time to start.
Speaker 2: Thinking football, and we're only a few weeks away from the best time of the year. Now's the time to prep your field. Make sure you're using IFA Step three for the weeks ahead when the weather is still hot. But as the dog days of summer giveaway to fall, it's time to start thinking about Step four.
Speaker 1: Our fall and winter lawn fertilizer.
Speaker 2: Either way, you can find out more by visiting IFA and IFA dot co op of me a year. You could deal the weather this weekend, drop a little bit falls right around the corner. Utah Football Big twelve football BYU Football, College football Pro football is right around the corner. And our next guest, it's been a minute, one of my favorites breakdown college football with now with our friends of the ACC Network, our buddy from the old PAC twelve days is Max Brown. On a Tuesday afternoon, Max, I apologize about misbehaving with the clock.
Speaker 1: How are you, buddy, No, it's all good.
Speaker 8: It's all good.
Speaker 11: You made up for it with the PAC twelve intro. I love for that, can never can never forget.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 2: But it still is weird. We don't have to relitigate. It's still just wild, though. But let's start with what's new with you?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 1: What what is what's the college football season and schedule going to look like for you this year? Max?
Speaker 8: Yeah, switching up network networks.
Speaker 11: I was at the CW last year calling their full ACC package.
Speaker 13: It'll be a similar schedule for me, but now with the ACC.
Speaker 11: Network, So I'll have no. I'll be with ESPN, be calling games with Chris Cotter over there, and it'll be a rotating schedule, so you know, sometimes the one pm kick, sometimes the four pm kick, but it'll be a lot of East Coast college football these days.
Speaker 1: Good stuff, good stuff. Well out this way we are again.
Speaker 2: I'm shaking my head as I say we're in the big twelve foot print because for so long we were in the back twelve foot print.
Speaker 1: But it's year two for Utah. Max.
Speaker 2: Let me just ask you, just macro standpoint, take it whatever direction you want to take it. What gives you the most confidence that year two for Utah will look much better than year one in the big twelve?
Speaker 11: Yeah, just the history of what Ale Witningham has been at that program, which I know you Utes fans know well, but I think nationally sometimes sometimes people forget about that of just how obscure and how disappointing last year was and how much of a surprise it was. And I don't think that'll happen again for Utah. I do think, you know, these past couple of years feel like on paper, like that was the window if Utah was going to get that championship. Whether it was a CFP type of win, whether it was a Rose Bowl type of win, might get unfortunately, says that window may have passed. But I do think in the conference of autonomy these days, in the Big Twelve, there's no reason Utah can't be right.
Speaker 13: In the thick of things.
Speaker 11: And I think we were this time last year expecting that Utah would be the enforcers in the Big twelve. And hey, Big twelve, like, you know, get ready for the utes coming to town that obviously didn't come to Fruition last year. But I feel confident in a conference that doesn't necessarily have physicality across the board, there's no reason that can't be Utah's mo and you know, kind of sent a message to to the rest of the conference still being someone of the new guys in that conference.
Speaker 2: So Devin Dampierre is the new quarterback and it actually is a little i would say relieving for the.
Speaker 1: Fan base around here just to know who's going to be under center.
Speaker 2: And he arrives in Salt Lake with his offensive coordinator from a year ago, now it was New Mexico. Devin put up some good numbers last year, a lot with his legs. The throw game numbers as coach, we would like to say weren't necessarily all that good. But what sort of challenge is does a step up in competition pos and max. What are you expecting from Devin dan Pierre under center for the Utes this year?
Speaker 11: Yeah, right away is considered who with Dan Pierre like because he's such a mobile quarterback and his legs being a factor like I would have still imagine that's obviously going to be a huge part of his game. But I do think it's a notch higher in terms of the athletes you're getting in the secondary. In the Apple Beat, you're getting a linebacker from a throw standpoint, which if Utah is going to be in Big Twelve title contention, I do think they're gonna have to throw the rock. I anticipate, you know, games being more quarterback run centric, maybe a little bit ball control, lean on your defense, don't make mistakes and offense kind of thing and wear you down type of offense, which that's more how Utah was when I was in college. But I do think they're gonna have to throw the rock to win a championship, and I'd imagine that will be the biggest adjustment for Dan Pierre coming into the next level. But you said it coming over with your offensive coordinator. It's becoming a trend in college football. You're seeing it at Oklahoma with John Mattier and his offensive coordinator coming from Washington State. You've seen it in years past. I mean Diego Pavia at Vanderbilt last year took the college football world by storm. He came over with his play caller and whatnot. So in my era when a quarterback was transferring, so much of the conversation with Hey, they're gonna have to learn a new offense and that's gonna be the biggest adjustment. That's not the case when you're coming over with your OC, which is a huge level up compared to the different era of recruiting.
Speaker 1: Tell me Max, what you know about UCLA.
Speaker 2: Utah Is opening opponent this year on the non con will be at the Rose Bullegain's UCLA. We're still eighteen days away, but we already have odds. Utah is about a touchdown. Favorite DraftKings right now has a minus six point five. So it's a road games, first game for Devin. What we know about the Bruins, Utah's first opponent this season.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they have the most noteworthy and I'm sure you've covered it with your audience, with the most noteworthy quarterback transfer really of the entire offseason, and Nico Yamalayava coming from Tennessee. A lot of controversy around that obviously transfer and after spring because if you believe the reports you.
Speaker 8: Here that he wasn't getting the money that he wanted.
Speaker 11: So welcome to new school Nil and transfer portal.
Speaker 8: But I would say from a Utah lens, I.
Speaker 11: Mean, the threat of what that team can be with Nico behind center, to me, is a lot scarier than where they were before him, obviously, or funny enough, I shouldn't say obviously, but Joey Aguilar was on track to be their starter. Nico comes in and so then Joey just transfers to Tennessee and it was a little musical chairs game there. But I think Nico's got a lot of talent. I think he's gotten a raw deal a little bit from a perception perspective, because he was the first quarterback to be one of these multi million dollar guys coming out of high school. I mean, the number you heard from him out of high school is getting offered eight million dollars a year. So the expectations have been so high they've been Hey, if you're not a first rounder in three years, what's going on? The kid can still play. Does he need to get better for sure? Does he need to clean things up for sure? Is he a top five quarterback in college football? No? But do I think he has the talent to potentially get there if things work out for him? Sure. The only problem is there's not a lot of talent around him at UCLA. So when you look at who those playmakers and he's going to be throwing the rock two or who's going to be running next to them, I don't know the answers to that.
Speaker 8: I don't They've lost some.
Speaker 11: Talent in the portal in their own right. That's concerning to me. They lost j Michael Sturt event their go to receiver a year ago to Florida. I believe it was one of my one of the one of the state of Florida schools, and so that to me is the biggest concern is. I mean, Nico's got some talent, but I wonder what UCLA has around him. And so I'm from a Utah lens, I think it's an opportunity to uh, you know, send a message week one.
Speaker 2: So the Vegas odds to win the Big Twelve depending on which sports book you look at, but it's more or less Arizona State, k State, Texas Tech, Utah, and Baylor as the five team. And look, we were all so wrong about this conference a year ago that they just decided to kill the Big.
Speaker 1: Twelve preseason media poll.
Speaker 2: So odds are what they are, and preseason polls are what they are. But I guess the way I'll ask it, Max, is your tier one teams in the Big Twelve are who and why?
Speaker 1: And as Utah in that mix.
Speaker 11: That's hilarious.
Speaker 8: I actually didn't even know that.
Speaker 11: That's funny, Yether like, we picked ASU to finished last last year, so we're not going to have the terrible PR crisis what that was.
Speaker 8: That's hilarious.
Speaker 11: I mean, the Tier one is probably as wide as any Tier one of any conference, which is what makes the Big Twelve amazing because I do think, you know, there's well probably five or six teams in there. I mean maybe this is media West Coast bias. I still put Utah in that tier because of the upside of what Dan Peer can do because of what Whittingham has done.
Speaker 13: And again I think last year was an outlier.
Speaker 11: I put Texas Tech there, I put Iowa State there, I put Kansas State there, and I probably put Arizona State there. First two out for me, I had TCU I called one of their games last year. I'm still not there with them. I know people like Josh Hoover their quarterback, and then Colorado also has questions that quarterback. So yeah, to me, it's those five teams that I mentioned. I'm very intrigued with what Texas Tech is. I mean big picture. I think Iyawa State, Kansas State, Arizona State, like those are quality football teams, you know, and to some extent what you're gonna get. But Texas Tech, as I'm sure you've covered as absolutely rated portal as you know, cranked it up.
Speaker 8: A whole notch.
Speaker 11: And one thing that I don't think is getting covered as much with their transfer portal acquisitions as maybe should is they are betting on Baron Moore and their quarterback to be the guy that can lead him to a championship, and they did not go to the outside and invest in a transfer portal quarterback, which I think a lot of schools with that kind of money would have done that. I'm not saying Morton's a bad quarterback, but I'm saying, if you're gonna have an influx of millions of dollars that you did not have a year ago to your NIL program, I think there's a lot of head coaches I would have tried to go get the big fish in the quarterback portal market. They didn't necessarily do that and invested those resources and all the dudes around him. I don't, I don't. I don't necessarily know if it's gonna be a good orbit strategy. I just think it's an interesting strategy because on paper, Texas Tech had a huge portal class and that's the team. That's interesting to me, like when you look, hey, the past two years, what are the teams that have popped nationally that on paper, we probably could have projected that Indiana last year, Right, they had a lot of proven talent that came over and we dismissed it because it was Indiana. But then in hindsight, it's like, wait, those guys were playing really high quality football. Yes it was a level down, but we probably could have seen that pop coming better than we did. And then the year before that. I know a lot of West Coast people had Washington with Michael Pennix and Klin de Boor making a pop, but that was not a national storyline. I think it should have been, because when you look on paper, that was a Husky team that had NFL prospects at every level. My point is when you look at Texas Tech and the damage they've done in the portal, I mean, they should be right in the thick of Big Twelve title conversations come November.
Speaker 2: BYU a year ago they were picked to finish to last and finish second in the conference.
Speaker 1: Further in the narrative of why we're no longer allowed to.
Speaker 2: Rank these teams preseason, but they lose their quarterback, Jake Ratz Laugh is now at Tulane. Of course, that story was wildly, you know, widely covered, not just here locally but naturally with the honor coach stuff. It was certainly sticky and certainly messy. It sounds like Max they're going to start the bear Bachmeyer kid. I don't know if you know anything about him. He's a freshman that spent some spring ball at Stanford. Aaron Roderick BYU's offensive coordinator badly wanted him out of high school.
Speaker 1: Sounds like he's.
Speaker 2: Gonna get that job over McKay Hillstead and Tracon Borgae, who sounds like he's the odd man out. BYU well ranked ahead of Utah in both the AP and the coaches poll, is eighth in Vegas and odds to win the conference even behind Kansas, just ahead of Colorado. Good defense, good coaching staff. What are you expecting this year from bringing me up?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm waiting to see.
Speaker 11: On the quarterback position, I think obviously, anytime you're losing a starter that was were successful for them, that's that's concerning. I do think you know, it wasn't like Retslov was always the reason they were winning games, which would make me encourage if I was b YU where hey, maybe you know if it is Bachmeyer, who I've covered his brother in person, called a couple of his games last year at Wake Forest, you know, if he steps in and he's the guy like you don't need to light the world on light the world on fire. The thing that always is intriguing to me with BYU, especially in this transfer portal era where there is so movement. BYU's roster makeup is much more sticky and the culture is much more ingrained rather than a lot of other programs have to reinvent their culture every single every single year because you know, there's a heavy dose of portal fluctuation for lack of a better term. And oh, by the way, BYU is an older roster, which has always played a factor and has always been an advantage for BYU, but I think it's even more of an advantage in this era of college football. So I'm never counting BYU out. But obviously they got to find an answer at quarterback or I don't think they're gonna be back in the back at the level they.
Speaker 13: Were a year ago.
Speaker 2: Moving off to Big twelve and talking some big picture national college football, Texas is your number one team of both the AP and the coaches, Paul, of course, Steve sarkisian arch manning a lot of buzz around Texas this year. Are they deserving number one? Do you think they're the best team in college football this year?
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 8: I would have put them there.
Speaker 11: I was actually kind of surprised they were one because everything I'm listening to and reading it feels like most people have either Penn State or Clemson as their number one team, But I like Texas. I mean, I'm a believer in what Arch can be. I mean, I know you're I'm getting ahead of myself with that take, but I just the brief action. We've seen everything you read, you listen, you listen to his interviews, Like you know, I'm I'm bought in and in the hype there and and what he could be. But I think it'll be really interesting because this year, more than other years, there's a lot of big time programs rated inside the top ten that have a huge question in that quarterback and what that quarterback situation will be. You know, you got Notre Dame at six, Oregon at seven, Alabama at eight, who named their start today.
Speaker 13: Georgia is going to be breaking in a new starter.
Speaker 8: I mean that's what.
Speaker 11: Five four teams there and Ohio State, So half the top ten has brand new quarterbacks. That's I feel like we haven't had that in years past, which obviously a lot of those starters are highly ranked guys.
Speaker 13: But what's the.
Speaker 11: Upside Because if one of those teams is going to come up and win a national title, it's because hey, the quarterback that we don't know anything about could be a guy that's a high upside guy like I know, I'm super intrigued with what Dante Moore could be at Oregon after sitting out a year and being a former five star guy. I feel like sometimes people latch on the only what he was as a true freshman youngster at UCLA and forget he was a big time recruit and he's not a finished product as a freshman. So those schools are fascinating to me, like the Alabama as Oregon's Notre Dame Georgia with new quarterback, I think they have maybe a higher upside than some of these other teams, and again obviously with Texas as well. But right now, middle of August, I do think Texas is a worthy number one team overall in the country.
Speaker 2: Before I said you lose and your point about these schools breaking in new quarterbacks certainly a good one and certainly one we've covered a lot because BYU and Utah are also breaking in new quarterbacks. Penn State and Clemson are not, and they are two teams that did receive votes as the number one team in the country with clad Caid club, Nick the kid, who I think a lot of people might believe might be the number one pick and Drew Aller, I think answered a lot of questions last year for Penn State.
Speaker 1: How beneficial is that for those.
Speaker 2: Two teams really maybe the only two teams in the top upper echelon of college football that actually do have return in QBS.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's huge, it's huge.
Speaker 11: I do wonder though, like, because we fell into this trap as a media world last year, at least a lot of people did. I won't speak for you, Spence, but we we anointed Carson Beck this time last year as like the shirt fire number one overall pick in the NFL draft or at worst he's at least a first rounder.
Speaker 8: And how wrong are we with that?
Speaker 11: I mean, he's not even a top ten quarterback in preseason list this year. And I wonder if we're doing the same thing with Drew Aler because he looks the part coming off the bus and he's obviously got a rocket arm. But man, sometimes I think, hey, Tyler Warren, you know, do we underestimate the impact that he had with the offense? And you know, we've seen two full seasons from Drew Aller, and sure he got better last year, but to me, he's not in that conversation yet of Hey, where at cam Ward was as a number one overall pick, or certainly where a Kayleb Williams was as a number one overall pick, or even you know guys like a Michael Pennix that I know we've covered a bunch, Like.
Speaker 13: Those guys still have a big step to do.
Speaker 11: And Kate Klubnick, I think is deserving of being the top returning quarterback in college football, but again looking at the NFL, like his legs are a huge part of his college game, I think his mobility gets minimized a lot in the NFL, So I think he's got to develop a lot as a pocket passer and like, show me that you can win games from the pocket, you know, leading two minute drills without your legs being a factor. That's when I think he gets to the NFL ceiling. And again that's also why I'm intriguing about all these other new quarterbacks because I think as a media world, we're falling into a trap. We're like, we know what Kate Klebnick is, we know what True Aller is, so we're talking about those guys a bunch we don't really know what Julian saying is at Ohio State. We don't really know what Notre Dame's quarterback situation is, so if those guys were to hit, it could totally change the complex of college football match.
Speaker 1: You are the man.
Speaker 2: It's been too long. Always appreciate the time. I have a great week, d and we'd love to chat soon. Thanks buddy, for sure.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 8: Ben's appreciate you all right.
Speaker 1: Max Brown, our old buddy from the PAC twelve network now landing with the ACC. Always appreciate Max's time.
Speaker 2: He's very active on social media, whether it's Instagram or tikto.
Speaker 1: Wherever the kids are doing these days at Max Brown is where you find them. Brown is spelled with a knee.
Speaker 2: Tuesday Afternoon Live of the Dish Professionals, which is four eighty six West forty eight hundred South, brand new location. All you really need to know is the phone number, which is aight oh one four to two four Dish. Aight oh one four to two four Dish great internet solutions where you can save a grip of money right out of the gates. If you're a sports fan and you don't have Dish, I can promise you doing it wrong because I did it wrong for a long time before I made the switch, and over the course of the past four or five years, I've saved thousands of dollars. I have every game I want to watch, both locally and nationally, Multi Sports, pac NFL, Red Zone, NFL Sunday Ticket. You get every NFL game at your disposal, all the college football you want. So give them a call it aight o one four to two four dish. Aight, oh one four to two four dish. I want to give a shout out to man.
Speaker 1: Just a tough.
Speaker 2: Situation, very very close to where we typically broadcast a Broadway media.
Speaker 1: There was a horrible fire downtown that.
Speaker 2: Destroyed Whiskey Street to store, destroyed Whitehorse, two very popular bars and restaurants downtown and taco plays called those tapatios.
Speaker 1: It was very very good.
Speaker 2: If you have not seen the scenes, if you've not seen the videos, it is just really sad and feel bad for certainly all those business owners and people that will lose jobs over this, and hopefully they can rebuild, as the ownership group from the Bourbon Group says that they will. But it is very close to where we broadcast and it happened late at night. I didn't hear about it until the morning. My friend Travis owns the Felt restaurant that's close by, and gratefully that restaurant was unscathed, but the owners of London Bell and Whiskey Street and those topatios not as lucky.
Speaker 1: So just really sad all the way around.
Speaker 2: Just wanted to kind of throw some good vibes out there for folks that might be in danger of losing their jobs and certainly people that need to rebuild businesses downtown on Main Street right by three hundred South, some pretty pretty horrific scenes as a result of that fire that took place late last night. All right, special thanks to the dish professionals out here. Porter before we say good nights, what comes our way on a Wednesday edition of the program.
Speaker 3: Yes, Bence, as you mentioned on a Wednesday edition of the program, halfway through the work week, one day closer to the weekend, we'll be live from the Utah Red Zone up on campus. So go see hi to Spence and get some deals on the latest utes gear before kickoff, Chris come, Ronnie swings by the program. Andy Larson swings by the program. We'll get the latest on the Utes with Sammy Mora of ute zone dot Com, might chat with the Voice of the Utes, Bill Riley. Brian Dunset might join the program as well, So we'll talk a lot of utes, we'll talk a little jazz off season, and we'll do it all live from the.
Speaker 1: University of You time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on by the Red Zone Store. I'll be up on campus tomorrow. We do this every year, and this is the day to roll up to the Red Zone Store because they're gonna have a bunch of discount gear ready for opening Day, ready for Utah football and of course Utah basketball too. So we'll be there doing the show live, coming up tomorrow, So we'd love to see you there. Special thank you today to our friends at the Dish professionals get ahold of them at eight one four to two four Dish stop buying seeing the new location of forty six West forty eight hundred souths. Special thank you to Richard Smith, Pablo Mas, Johnny Ben Solac, Max Brown played some Utah sound today from Coach with Devin Dan Pierre and newly appointed Captain Jaron Cump.
Speaker 1: If you miss any of the sound from the show, few options website.
Speaker 2: ESPN seven hundred sports dot com, download our mobile app and take us on the go. That ESPN seven hundred app is available in the App Store in the Google Play Store. And then finally, for what we do in our space afternoon Drive four hours every day, check out the podcast page.
Speaker 1: It is called The Drive with Spence check its.
Speaker 2: It is available wherever you get your shows, so wherever you get pologs, just do a search the Drive with Spence check its. It pops up, Hit that follow button, subscribe, say nice things in the comments, give us all the stars.
Speaker 1: It helps.
Speaker 2: If you like what we do, we would aiate it if you take a couple of minutes out of your schedule to do that.
Speaker 1: For Porter, I'm spent saying tonight, joy your Tuesday evening.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you on a Wednesday edition of the program live from the Red Zone. Store it as well as you can catch it right here on your home of the uts. ESPN seven hundred