Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Coming up at halftime of the mav game, KT is gonna pop back on and talk about what his thoughts are now on Sam Darnold.
Speaker 2: So don't miss a second.
Speaker 1: Of all of our music and coverage of everything here on ninety seven point one The Eagle, Ben and Skin Show. Christina will be back tomorrow. We have a best Clips of twenty twenty four show. You guys have voted on it. I don't know the clips. Kat knows the results. He'll run all of this tomorrow, so we'll have a lot of fun and then Ben is back in the fold on Thursday. This segment's brought to you by Roller Town Beer Works. That's the brewery up there in Salina, Texas that Ben and I are partners in. And man, it makes me so happy when I see people go to the American Airlines Center and they get a big German. You can get it in canned, you can get it, you can get it on tap there. I like going to that, like over there near section one twelve, there's like a little on the corner, there's like a little section where they have a bunch of Texas craft beer and you can get the big German right there. And then of course places by the American Airline Center, for example, chop Shop that's right on the plaza, right next to the arena. They've been down with the big German for years. Recently just added in cans ait Hero, Big Old Hero after a game over the break over the holiday. In fact, I think it was after the Portland game. I can't remember, but I met follow Well and Demeris over there at Hero and I drank the big German. It made me really happy. Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen, Pluckers conye Rosso, fortunate son, good friend. Truck Yard in Dallas has it. Truckyard in the Colony has the one thirty three. All of you who have supported the big German and any of our beers, we certainly appreciate it. Order it when you're out and about. We would love that, or come see us up in the tap room in Salina. But right now it's time for this kill. As I look in what's on the schedule here and try to figure out anything. Kevin, do you have any stories about goats?
Speaker 2: Oh? I actually do believe it or not? Wow, I'm glad you asked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so a seventeen year old cheerleader in Texas has been charged with animal cruelty.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, you're always trying to bring seventeen year old cheerleader stories to the news.
Speaker 3: But today it's not about her, it's about something else. It's because it's local. This is the reason for that. Her name is Aubrey van Landingham. Okay, that is not a real name. That's the name that Fletch would make up. It really is a dog talk cocktails.
Speaker 2: Aubrey van Landingham. Aubrey van Landingham.
Speaker 3: It's amazing, dude, a gal who is described as both pretty and popular by the article that was written.
Speaker 1: You know, those things aren't mutually exclusive. Sometimes you can be both pretty and popular. You can also be but ugly and popular.
Speaker 2: That's true. That's the skin wage story.
Speaker 3: So so here she is. She's working through school in Austin. This is a Vista Ridge High School down there in Cedar Park, Cedar Park. Okay, now she's an f FA Future Farmers of America stocks. Stuff popular around here is popular and only for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of like what Napoleon Dynamite did where he would kind of drink the milk Tina eat the ham.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, So she posted a picture of her Her goat Lacey is the name of the goat on Goat Lacey, but she has been charged with allegedly poisoning a fellow student's goat. What and she is now facing the possibility of two years in prison if she is convicted of poisoning six month old Willie. Oh this is tragic twice over a three day period and it eventually killed him.
Speaker 2: What a bitch.
Speaker 3: So authorities get involved and they start investigating, investigating, and apparently when she was questioned about this, immediately she said, I don't like cheaters. One question. So she's just kind of being like, I didn't I do it, But it sounds like she did it. Sounds like she poisoned Willy the goat.
Speaker 2: Why did she use goat poison?
Speaker 3: So she initially, yeah, I guess there's some type of okay here, I actually have it. So she initially denied it, and then she admitted that she injected little Willie with pesticide.
Speaker 2: Man, this is a real bitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lacy van Aubrey Ham Dam We're told that Willie died in its fifteen year old owner's arms.
Speaker 2: God, this is horrible.
Speaker 3: This bitch just killed Willy's cute too. That's what I called a couple of pictures of Willie. I'm angry. She uh allegedly googled how to clear her search history after she looked up how much bleach kills a goat?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: And if goats injected bleach? If goats inject bleach, do they die?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah, she's bad with the grammar. Poisoning pets? What you should know?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a really good read. Have you ever seen that book? Poisoning Voice? What you should know?
Speaker 3: Now? This is not out yet, but officers are also working on recovering a video of Willie running away from Aubrey and convulsing after she poisoned it.
Speaker 2: This is horrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate this girl. Yeah, you know she's the Reese Witherspoon character in Election. You ever seen that movie?
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 3: I actually loved it, Like It's awesome.
Speaker 2: One of the very few roles that Matthew Broderick shined in. Yeah he was great in that. That said that about much more. Ferris Bueller, dude was good. Have you seen war Games? I ever got the war games? War Games is heat?
Speaker 3: I did hear about a movie called Terrifier three. That's real bad. Don't look it up.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not going to. I had no intention of doing that.
Speaker 3: So Aubrey van Landingham YP is in trouble down there in Cedar part.
Speaker 2: So two years and I'm assuming is that adult prison?
Speaker 3: I know she's seven teen, what's the rules? I don't know, what's that seventeen in Texas you're always saying.
Speaker 1: I've always saying, you're legal at seventeen in Texas, it's legal to go ahead and kill a goosh.
Speaker 3: No, this is a charge with one felony of torturing and animal under Texas law, means she could face up to two years in jail at a ten thousand dollars five I think.
Speaker 1: But the whole, the whole thing about this is that she's clearly a psychopath. Yump, Like, what she's going to do later in life. This isn't this is a person that has a mental defect. Yeah, this is not she's going to learn her lesson. This is a crazed psychopath that's going to do worse stuff later in life.
Speaker 3: You can't like it's one of those weird things where you're like, okay, so it was a goat, Okay, I get it. No, but it's like as a slap on the wrist, good enough here, right, I'm talking about mental institute.
Speaker 2: What are we talking.
Speaker 1: I'm saying she already has that genetic defect where it's kind of like they go, oh, yeah, you know this serial killer he used to torture animals when he was It's like, yeah, because he's got the mental defect. Yeah, it's it's there's no fixing that. That's that's not a thing that you rehabilitate. That's a that's a mental issue that is not going to be fixed.
Speaker 3: Well, that's your high school legacy now, not winning the stock show. Right, It's now you killed Willy, You killed Willy, you bitch?
Speaker 2: Okay. Uh. I do want to hit.
Speaker 1: This before we wrap up for the day, and I don't want to do like a full on review or anything like that. I would rather do that because Ben loves.
Speaker 2: The movies, He loves the theater, he loves the popcorn.
Speaker 1: I think tomorrow me and the wife are going to go see Baby Girl. Have you read or heard anything about that Nicole Kidman takes her clothes off a lot. Yeah, that was the movie that she had to stop filming. Yes, because she was kept finishing her organ much.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So anyways, I'm I think we're gonna go see that.
Speaker 1: But yesterday we went and saw a complete Unknown, And so before I'm like, I do necessarily need to tell you that it's good or bad or whatever?
Speaker 2: What I'm curious about for you? What do you know about Bob Dylan? Boy? I tell you what, very little.
Speaker 3: And I've heard a few, like albums and stuff when I went through that up five years ago and I listened to all the albums ever recorded in the.
Speaker 2: Worree Wheeling, and.
Speaker 3: I know that he is a guy who has changed what he does many times. Well, obviously his older agent's the solo thing. But like he did a little hard rock version of Bob Dylan where he threw his voice out. But I know he's seen as a songwriting genius, a folk you know, legend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But other than that, I can't tell you that I know much about his personal life and backstory there. You know that he's got a son, Jacob Dillon, Yeah, the Wallflowers, and I don't really know much about their relationship.
Speaker 1: I think they were estranged, right, I don't know. Okay, I did not know that, And did you know that he Yeah, I mean I think most people that know anything about Bob Dylan know that he had a relationship with Joan Baez. Do you know who Joan Baez?
Speaker 3: Yes? Was she on that top five hundred list? She was a couple of times. Yeah, I didn't like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what this thing does this movie is it focuses on, you know, him rising to fame and then him going electric, which was very controversial at the time. For you know whatever. It's an artist wanted to change his sound kind of like what you mentioned. But do you do you know his songs? Like how many Bob Dylan songs can you name?
Speaker 3: I don't even know the name of it, but everybody Rainy Day woman, Okay, there's a not like a rock, like a rolling stone, like a rolling stone that song.
Speaker 1: Honestly, no joke, not to be corny. That song kind of gives me chills. Yeah, like the little the very first little organ line at the beginning of it. And this movie does something with that. There's no way I believe is real. It's kind of like the Queen movie when they broke down how another one bites it? I was like, that's I know the story, that's not how it happened part of the movie, the.
Speaker 2: Best part of the movie.
Speaker 1: And so the way that they presented this in the movie as like, Okay, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: That gives me chills, But there's no way that did it happened? But do you know how much Bob Dylan is worth?
Speaker 3: Five thousands a ton? He sold his catalog right?
Speaker 2: Oh? Did he was one of those guys? Yeah, maybe I looked it up.
Speaker 1: And you know, you never know if these things five hundred million is what it is, it really but you know, his songs, songs he wrote were bigger hits for other people. What he do Along the Watchtower, right along the Watchdown, which Jimmy Hendrix made the most famous.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then he did Mister Tambourine Man, which the Birds turned into a huge hit. But but it's it's a it's a It's one of the things that you know, I have problems when I know a lot about the story of something, all the accuracy start.
Speaker 2: I start waging a war in my head. Can't handle it.
Speaker 1: I can't handle it. I can't handle the truth. They did something really awesome in this movie to put me at ease, and I think they did it intentionally, not for me, but for people that are historians. They There's a scene where Bob Dylan is with a young lady who's early on, you know, supportsman all this stuff, and she's talking about not knowing anything about him, and I don't I want to paraphrase here, but he basically says, what do you care? People create their own past. They take the parts they like the most about it, and they create themselves exact the truth. And I was sitting there watching that, going, man, that's a really great way to tell the story of a person, because there's gonna be things that did happen that didn't happen. But man, I'm telling you, even as I get older at the age of fifty three now and having done a lot of drinking and drugs, there's I'll get back together with people from thirty years ago and we'll start telling stories and I'm like, I don't think any of us remember it the same way.
Speaker 2: No, we all remember it differently.
Speaker 1: And when you're young, you know, and you're you're firing, your synapses are firing, and you remember everything.
Speaker 2: More time passes and you're gonna go I don't know if that's the way that happened.
Speaker 1: Sure, and that's just kind of the part of uh And I mean it's it's kind of a I think.
Speaker 2: Part of the reason this movie.
Speaker 1: One of the producers of this movie is ed Norton, and he's awesome in it, playing Pete Seeger, who's a full Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: I would be surprised Pete. Uh what give me Pete Seeger over Bob Seeker.
Speaker 1: Oh. I love Bob Seeger though, But I think Edward Norton will be nominated for an Academy really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's incredible. He's so good in this.
Speaker 1: But also, like, because of where we are with social media, a lot of this is about what is the truth, what is authentic? And it's really so much what do people really just want to believe?
Speaker 3: That's very fluid. History has always been that it is people. What is the people before us? What did they say happened?
Speaker 2: People who win wars change history to their own.
Speaker 3: There's no doubt satisfaction. It has made me consider it. I haven't done it yet. Like maybe as you go listen to a little Bob Dylan for a minute.
Speaker 1: I I mean I started, and I've got I don't want to sit there and listen to folk records. I like the electric stuff. I mean I've got I've probably got four or five dealing records because I've been collecting records for a thousand years. But leaving the movie, I've very much wanted to go back on a deal.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about it more as you get closer, maybe some other members of the show.
Speaker 2: I've seen it too and don't get to it. Sounds good. How long is it? It's two and a half hours. Yep. That means KT won't see it.
Speaker 1: That's gonna do it for us. We will be back tomorrow. Kat Is prepared the best of twenty twenty four show with twenty four clips that you have voted on. Will play the audio. I don't know what. Christina is back tomorrow. She'll be a part of this and we'll have a lot of fun. Don't go anywhere More music is next, and then MAVs coverage begins right here tonight at eight point thirty on ninety seven point one The Eagle