Speaker 1: Joining you and I now. By the way, Reds Baseball kicks off about six ten the night the Reds are in Atlanta with the Braves. But until then, more important events are transpiring Thursday and Friday. Joining you and I now is the Chief of Police of the City of Cincinnati. Chief Thiji held a news conference last week with Charmaine McGuffey, who's going to join us later and once again Chief of Police Fiji. Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, Chief, can you tell me what you can about the events that transpire Thursday and Friday and what impact this has had on law enforcement, not just in Cincinnati or Hamley County, but throughout the tri State.
Speaker 2: Sure, thanks for having me, Bill.
Speaker 3: So as I reported out at the press conference on Friday, this was the first incident involved the stolen vehicle, where four individuals ran from the car, officers chased him. One was armed with a firearm and confronted an officer.
Speaker 2: The officer viewed.
Speaker 1: That hit was at the.
Speaker 3: Ryan Hinton's possession of the firearm as a threat, discharged his firearm and unfortunately mister Hinton succumbed to his injuries.
Speaker 1: You know, Lie circle the globe before before truth and take his first step. And some are saying in social media that there's not a clear video shot of actually Ryan Hinton pointing his nine millimeter with an extended meg at the police officer, which was an event that took place probably in less than two seconds. Is it fair to say that there's not a direct video or a snapshot of Ryan Hinton actually pointing the weapon at the police officer? Is that fair to say?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But you know, I will say, Bill, I think one of the most valuable tools in law enforcement in my career his the body worn camera. It has proven facts for us many many times in law enforcement all across the country. In this incident, we do not have a crystal clear still photo of mister Hinton pointing a firearm at the officer. However, what we do have is mister Hinton running from a vehicle with a.
Speaker 2: Firearm in hand.
Speaker 3: He stumbles, he still has the firearm in hand. He runs between the two dumpsters, comes out at the officer's position where the officers positioned, and once mister Hinton was sustained his injuries, the firearm was still in his possession and was located.
Speaker 2: Near his body. So while we may not have a crystal clear photo, we.
Speaker 3: Have the facts prior to his injuries and the facts after his injuries that support he was in fact armed.
Speaker 2: With a firearm.
Speaker 3: That along with the officer's interview that said he saw a firearm in mister Hinton's hand, pointed in his direction and he feared for his life and that's why he fired his weapon.
Speaker 1: Was there around in the chamber.
Speaker 3: That is all still up to for investigation. Bill, That is all still being handled by our criminalistics and the Hamilton County Prosecutor's Office. I'm not going to comment on that.
Speaker 1: Was there a second gun in the car that was stolen the Kia? Was the gun in the possession of Ryan Hinton one of the two guns?
Speaker 5: That is correct?
Speaker 3: There was a second stolen firearm that whoever had that one when they ran from the vehicle, they left that behind inside the stolen Kia.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 1: Social media may say there's some purposeful intent not to show the moment where the weapon was pointed. As I understand it, we're dealing for how much time e laughs, from the time the officer said gun, gun, gun, and at that point you're trained to pull out your weapon at that point because gun gun gun means you're going to be in serious situation. How much time elaps from the time the officer said gun gun gun until the fatal shot was fired into the body of Ryan Hinton? Was it a short period of time?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Six seconds?
Speaker 1: Six seconds?
Speaker 6: That goes quick.
Speaker 1: And you referenced this Chief Thiji that I can recall many years ago, the police in Cincinnati did not like having body cams because it was saying, this is too intrusive in my life. Isn't it extremely valuable to be able to show the video almost in real time to demonstrate the actions of the police officers. Isn't this a critical element that shows the community that well exactly what happened instead of words on a page. Anyone can look at the video camp put themselves in the position of that police officer and say what would you do. Isn't the video cam I'm a critical part of this entire investigation.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it is, absolutely, it is critical. It shows as much of the story as we can tell, and then you have to add to that storyline the witnesses accounts of what happened, being in this case being the officers.
Speaker 1: And Chief Fiji as far as showing the video cam to the family In the past, that wasn't always done subject to a grand jury subpoena until all the information is out. Why did you and the city administration make a decision to show the video of the officer's bodycam to the family, including Rodney Hinton? Why was that decision made as opposed to waiting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, actually, Bill, this is something that Chief Isaac started when he was here, and it is a very difficult conversation to have with somebody's loved one to tell them the facts of what occurred and show them the video. However, as difficult as that conversation is, I think it is extremely valuable so that one the family doesn't start hearing rumors, that they hear facts from us first, and two that they do not for the very first time see.
Speaker 2: The footage on the local news.
Speaker 3: I would never want to be in that position as a mother or a wife, and I would never want to put anybody else in that position either. The least I can do for them is meet with them, offer my condolences and tell them what happened.
Speaker 1: You know, Monday back. Monday morning quarterbacking is always one hundred percent accurate Is there any sense that the father, Rodney Hinton. Media reports indicate that he left that meeting the next day quickly in a rage. Can you comment on whether or not the father expressed outrage at the killing of a son by the police officer or you present for them.
Speaker 3: I was there when mister Hinton left the room. I did not see him or view him in any type of a rage.
Speaker 2: He stepped out.
Speaker 3: It was a difficult conversation to hear. You know, his son was no longer with him, and so it was a very difficult conversation for him to hear, and he chose to leave the room, which is understandable.
Speaker 1: Did he express outrage of the police for killing his son.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to get into that now, Bill, because this is still an ongoing investigation, and I'll just leave it at that.
Speaker 1: Wait, was there you had no sense that this meeting with the family that something ugly was about you. He didn't express any verbal threats against police when he left the room.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm not going to get into anything that occurred inside that room other than the fact that we shared the video with them in the facts of the incident.
Speaker 1: All right, Chief teats you what message would you give to the community at large, because these are difficult days. I would assume the funeral of Ryan Hinton's going to happen in the next few days. I would assume the funeral of a Deputy Sheriff, Larry Henderson, who gave his life for all of us, is going to be held. What message would the Chief of Police of Cincinnati give to the community.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually I have several messages, Bill. One is I offer my condolences both to the Hinton family as well as Deputy Henderson's family. No matter what you think of these incidents, people lost individuals who they loved and that is extremely unfortunate. The other message that I have is asking for calm in our city, asking for calm, Let the emotions that your emotions aside and let this play out, let the investigations play out. And then thirdly, Bill is actually, you know, these were young individuals in a stolen car with at least one stolen firearm, and you know, the police this is what we've encounter way too often nowadays, way too often, and so I think it's incumbent upon parents, guardians, whomever to know what the youth are getting into. Where are they, what are they doing, who are they with? And just be more present and try to stop this type of behavior by our youth.
Speaker 1: Lastly, about a minute remaining, Chief Thji. Wearing the uniform today, it's always difficult. None of us put forth the risk of life or death by wearing a particular uniform, unless you're a police officer, unless you're FBI deputy sheriffs. As someone that's worn the uniform now for about thirty years, I would assume as we speak this Monday afternoon, you have the uniform arm you have to since I police uniform on your body, do you feel targeted? Do you feel different today than you've felt pre to Friday about being targeted because of the uniform that you wear.
Speaker 2: I personally do not feel targeted.
Speaker 7: Bill.
Speaker 3: I am very very proud to put this uniform on it every day. I love what I do for the men and women of CPD and for this city.
Speaker 2: However, it is.
Speaker 3: A tough time emotionally for everybody who has some involvement in this and you know, for our city, this is tragic incidents that happened back to back. It's difficult to handle one tragic incident, let alone two.
Speaker 2: But you know, our officers are extremely resilient, extremely professional, and we will take care of public safety business every day moving forward.
Speaker 1: Chief Thichi, thanks for coming on. Social media is a blaze with threats against police. I think having your eyes on a swivel is important today and tomorrow and throughout the rest of this week, always it should be. But once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, Chief the GI and I appreciate it very much.
Speaker 3: Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Thanks Bill, Let's continue with more. That's the Chief of Police of course of Cincinnati holding a news conference, and the city's position these days are to release the body cam immediately, and of course, when the father saw the video cam within twenty four hours of his son's death, in my view, he went out seeking to murder a police officer literally ran in Deputy Sheriff Larry Henderson. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WW by Billy Cunningham, and we'll continue to follow the events and involving the murder, the purposeful killing of Deputy Sheriff Larry Henderson on Friday at the hands of the father of the perpetrator, who was shot by Cincinnati police officer at being thirty eight year old Rodney Hinton, the father, and I would note that I have a media availability here put out by the Cochrane Law Firm that the mother and the maternal grandmother of Ryan Hinton, he's the eighteen year old who's dead, will address the media alongside their legal team today at three pm. And over the weekend, the attorneys for the state of Ryan Hinton, He's the eighteen year old dead, issued a statement expressing the family's heartfelt condolences to the family and colleagues of the officer who was killed in the incident involving Ryan Hinton's father on Friday. And I've had on before Michael Wright, he's one of the attorneys with the Cochrane Law Firm. Have a call in to him to join you and I at some point today or tomorrow to talk about the representation of the estate of eighteen year old Ryan Hinton. I'm sure in the beginning there was a suspicion that the officers had done something wrong, which is always the go to position of many liberals simply have blamed the police officer and a life and death, split second situation, What decisions were made, what decisions were not made, and after the News. I'm going to break down the possible charge against the three that remained, which is Darrell Austin, eighteen years old, and de Anthony Bullocks who's nineteen, and Sincere Grisby who's eighteen, that was in court this morning. So we're going to break that down for you later on about what could happen, what might happen. But also at this point, I think the new prosecutor's office in Amley County have a big decision to make, and a little birdie told me they're going to seek a death penalty specification against the Rodney Hinton, who's the thirty eight year old father of Ryan Hinton, who was in possession of the nine millimeter extended meg weapon that was in his right hand when he was killed by a police officer in the city of Cincinnati. His name not yet been released, the police officer's name, but one that gets out there in some sense, oh hell might break loose. I would note that I had met Larry Henderson a couple times at various Sheriff's events. I often do events of that character with the police or with Rob Sanders' office, or Charmage mc guffey or sy Lease or Sean Donovan's office or what's happening in Butler County. And I wouldn't note that Larry Henderson had a distinguished thirty three year career Hamny County Sheriff's Department. He had an expertise. He was a trainer. He trained entire divisions of the office that included hundreds of deputy sheriffs. He related very well to others. He also was an academy instructor, a dive team member. He was also part of the SWAT team. Larry Henderson also was on the FBI Task Force and is on the bomb unit. And so it's amazing and so said that Larry Henderson went through thirty three years of service and the most dangerous part of the Hamley County Sheriff's Department, which is a bomb unit and the SWAT unit with the FBI, a dive team member, and he met his maker at the hands of a deranged murderer, a cold blood, a killer named Rodney Hinton, the thirty eight year old father who left the scene of seeing his son killed when the video was shown to seek out to murder a police officer wherever one could be located. Let's continue with more up, breakdown some of the criminal charges available to all right after the news Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred ww hi, Billy Cunningham, the Great American And let's continue now. And I said, let's break down some of the possible charges that might be happening and what happened in this case. Let's go back to the fact that there may be a video in Northern Kentucky and Edgewood of the key of being stolen. Is there a video or not? According to my sources in Northern Kentucky, they're examining it. They don't know the answer to that question. Why is that relevant? Because if one person heisted the Kia and picked up the other three, did the other three know or of reason to believe that the key had been stolen? Because grand theft is one thing, rsp Receiving stolen properties another Many times a thief is in possession of stolen property, but he's not the one that stole it. Be new or should have known he was in possession of stolen property. That's a different issue. Do we know to answer that question? The answer is no, we don't know. Do we have a video in Edgewood, Kentucky of four individuals stealing the Kia one, two or three, we don't know. And then the clothing Allegedly it happened within a few hours of the theft, and so the clothing would probably be the same. So you don't need a clear shot of a face if you have a certain kind of clothing or marks on the body of a thief that was wearing blue jeans and they have a sweater on short sleep, so you can hook that up. That takes a little bit of time. So stay with me on this. So let's say, and for some reason, Kias and Hundi's are are the items of choice to steal because of their easy self ignition system, which I think has been corrected. I hope it's been corrected. But if you're a thief, if you're a crook and you want to use that car for shall we say, future ventures, which is running into a pawnshop, are using it in some other sort of armed robbery, they can't identify you as the perpetrator through the car. But those who do these things understand they can't keep the car for a long time. You can't like drive around the car for a week or two anticipating no one's going to pull you over, because those license plate and the readers are everywhere right now in which you can determine that. So is it reasonable assume, therefore, that those who stole hoisted this Kiya in Edgewood, Kentucky had the intent on Thursday to commit some other offense and use that vehicle to commit it, whether it was a robbery, a burglary, drive by shooting, a drug deal, or running into a pawnshop and hoisting a bunch of guns out of that pawn shop. That's a reasonable assumption to make. Those in this business do not steal the cars and then drive them around for weeks or months. No, they're used to commit other offenses. So can we make a reasonable assumption that either Ryan Hinton or Jarrell Austin or de Anthony Bullocks or since here Grigsby they're all eighteen or nineteen years old, knew each other. Of course, good investigation will demonstrate the relationship they had to each other. Number two, who was the one of the four that actually stole the car? Stole the Kia from Edgewood, Kentucky? All three or not? Did all three get picked up later by the thief or not? And what was the intent to use that Kia to do what the joy ride to commit an armor robbery, and that was in furtherance of a greater felonious conspiracy. You got that issue sitting out there. In this particular case, the Edgewood, Kentucky owner had a tracking device on his Kia. He hit nine to one one. They put it out and it was located because of a tracker and the parking lot of an East Price Hill condominium project, as I understand them from the topography Google Earth, there is one way up the hill and one way out, so when you go in there, you may have certain aspects of privacy because there's no way in, only one way in and way out. And these four individuals when they parked there for an hour or two, god knows what they were doing, probably smoking pot or whatever, had apprehensions that the police units rolled up there because of the tracker device, so they were specifically looking for that vehicle and it showed to be in an East Price Hill parking lot, which, by the way, is committing a crime across state lines therefore becomes an FBI becomes a federal matter. You go when you go across state lines to commit offenses. Some were committed one state, some were committed in the other. There's going to be multiple charges filed. If these four individuals all were involved in the heightst of the vehicle in Edgewood, that's different than if only one had done it. But I regressed just to bit. Let's go into the parking lot and thinking of what the prosecutor's office and the police are now thinking. Is the following When the four individuals were there and the police cars rolled up, the police did not have their weapons drawn until the word gun, gun gun had been had been expressed by one of the police officers. From start to finish, the whole event took about six seconds from the time you hear one CPD officer yell gun, gun gun. When that happens, that is the message to his fellow officers, pull out your service weapon because the alleged perpetrator is armed. And how did they know he had a gun Because as he got out of the car, that is Ryan Hinton, you can see in the video that he tripped and fell. He might have followed because the extended meg of the nine millimeter hit his hip and so he fell. At that point, Ryan Hinton had a quick decision to make. Number one, he was involved in grand theft auto at a maximum, receiving stolen the property at a minimum. Number two, he was in possession of a nine millimeter I would think illegally. You just heard Chief Thiji say that one of the two weapons found there was illegal and the other one might have been there still going through at to determine zero numbers, et cetera. So when the four exited the car, there were two guns in the car and only one was taken by one of the so called defendants that was Ryan Hitton. He had to make a decision. Number one, am I going to run? In today's world, if the four or any of them would have got out of the car put their hands up, that would have been the end of it. They'd be out of prison, they'd be out of jail within the next six to eight hours. Nothing would have come of it, zero zilch nod. It would not have occurred because in today's world, auto theft is not considered to be that big a deal. But they made the decision not to do that because they had consciousness of guilt. That means that likely the three who are still alive knew they had committed some felonious act the result of which they wanted to have scowned the jurisdiction. Get the hell out, And so one might say what Number one, Ryan Hinton made the decision when he left the car not to surrender, But he made the conscious decision to pick up a deadly weapon with him, that is the nine millimeter with an extended mag One can reasonably assume that was and that was his his weapon, his handgun. And so when he left the car, he made the decision number one not to surrender. Number two, he made the decision to take with him an armed handgun with an extended meg a projectile in the chamber as police officers in uniform as saying stop, stop, stop stop. When he fell, one officer yells not the one who shot Hinton. One officer yells gun, gun, gun, which is the key word to law enforcement. Prepare yourself. At that point, all four throughout their weapons. From that point he Hinton had to make a third decision. Number one, do I surrender? Answer is no. Number two? Do I take the nine mill with me for use? That's two I think two and a half chamber around the Fiji did not comment on but I was told there was a amo in the chamber ready to fire and the safety was off. Then number four when he fell, he had a decision to make. I have officers with their guns almost ready to be drawn. However, when the word gun, gun, gun came out, he then armed himself, picking up the weapon from the pavement. One didn't surrender. Two exits the vehicle. Three nine milimeter extended meg with him. Four drops the nine millimeter on the pavement, five picks it up and then continuing to run. And at that point the fatal sixth part of this thing occurs, which is according to the police officer, in between the dumpsters as he exit, he perceived, and this is an important word, he perceived that Ryan Hinton pointed that weapon at him that the officer knew was a nine millimeter with an extended mag That officer was within a split second of being killed, along with many others, much as Sonny Kim was killed in Madisonville. Shall I say unexpectedly went there on a fake nine to one one call. The officer made a split second decision. Now, when you watch the video tape, which I've watched repeatedly, maybe fifteen or twenty times, at no point to the public. Has the video tape shown the right hand of Ryan Hinton with the weapon contained their end pointed at the officer. FIJI uses the word perceived. It's critical and law enforcement. They don't have to prove to an extent that the weapon was actually pointed at the Cincinnati cop. What a reasonable police officer in those circumstances anticipate a threat to himself or others of deadly force being used against him and his fellow officers. How many split seconds would it have taken for the right hand of Ryan Hinton to change the position of his nine millimeter from one direction to the other. It would have taken one tenth of one second to be in position to kill several Cincinnati police officers. Why does an eighteen year old have a nine millimeter? I would suggest to you it'll be discovered later illegally with an extended magazine and one extra magazine. Why what's the purpose for that? And when the shot was fired? You might remember I had on last week Ken Kober who said the round was fired into the chest of Ryan Hinton about ten feet away from the officer, and the second shot was fired to hit an arm and he quickly. He died at the scene. So who was in charge of this event, whose behavior brought the officers to him, and whose behavior continued the event that could have resulted in his stead. That was Ryan Hinton. And do I grieve his loss? The Vice mayor of our city, Jean Michelle Kearney, is grieving the loss of this eighteen year old teenager. Yes, but whose behavior calls it to occur the eighteen year old teenager? It's his behavior. Now as far as the other charges against the three that remains, Durell, Austin and de Anthony Bullocks and Sincere Grigsby, they're going to try to flip one or two of them to say what happened in the car, Who said what to who, who was in possession of the guns? What was the intent of stealing the Kia in the first place. It was not going to be used to drive to Michigan or to Pensacola. It was going to be used to commit other crimes, which is a regular event. And if you have one of the living co defenders to testify, then that's a different circumstance, one might argue. And I brought this up with Fiji Chief Isaac who went to Detroit had a policy of showing the bodycam as soon as possible to the family. When all these issues arose many years ago. I can recall Dan Hills and others not locking the idea that the police are going to have body cams. Well, guess what he now flips completely on the issue because it shows the cops ninety nine percent of the time want the bodycam to demonstrate what happened. Imagine if we did not have the body cam right here, what would be happening with Rodney Hinton, the family member and other they're going to help nose comments three o'clock. Nobody would have believed what the officers had to say. But a reasonable cop in a reasonable position perceived a danger to himself and others and shot Ryan Hinton. It is not necessary that they prove the gun was directly pointed at the police officers. Did the officer perceive a threat to himself and to his fellow officers and did he proceed? The answer is yes, he did proceed and his behavior is quite reasonable. Should the videotape have been shown twenty four hours later, according to the Chief Fiji, began by Chief Isaac would get it out as soon as possible. There is a theory that it's better to wait till all the investigative elements come together. Is there a video tape in Edgewood, Kentucky showing who who stole the Kia? Are there videotapes on the condo project in ease price sale that demonstrates more the whole picture. Have you downloaded all the video cams of the other officers involved? Do you have any witness statements that might be available? Do you have the entry point of the bullet? Did the bullet enter directly? Was at an angle? Was it directly head to head? According to ken Kober, he was shot in the chest. Now the chest you know, was on the left side of the right side. Did he turn his body toward the officer or was he at an angle to the officer see the gun? By the way, the gun was located at the scene and the coroner's office and others will demonstrate that the decedent, Ryan Hinton, I would imagine his fingerprints are all over that gun. They can show it's his gun at least in possession. And some some have said that the city should wait until all the investigative issues come together, as one until they decide what to do. But within twenty four hours, the video is shown to the father, Rodney Hinton, and Chief Thiji was there. She did not seem to indicate and my questioning of her about forty five minutes ago that when Rodney Hinton left the father, he did not express too many feelings that he was about to kill a police officer, and she did not relate that as being being the situation. And so illegally possess a handgun in Ohio, you got to be twenty one years old to do that. And obviously these individuals committed various felonies, and I would strongly suggest to you that they had other designs for this kid to be used. Later, we'll see what happens. Coming up in about fifteen minutes, we have one of the candidates for mayor of our city going to be with you and I to talk about what's happening. What's going on. That's Corey Bowman. I have calls out to Michael Wright and others. Later this week, the Sheriff's going to join you and me, Charmaine McGuffey, to talk about it. I would anticipate it's going to be a rough week for law enforcement, and they were innocent parties of this. And Ryan Hinton is not an his innocent party, He's a fully guilty party who I was told has an extensive juvenile criminal record that he never was dealt with adequately. He turns eighteen, is no adult record. But the fact he possessed a handgun illegally and was certainly involved in the theft of the Kia, and this indicates to me that he was in some sort of felonious misbehavior. An eighteen year old should now be graduating from high school, not dead because of his felonious criminal misbehaviors. Well, let's continue with more and if Lyne becomes available. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. Bill Cunningham, The Great American Live, it's term of the Reds playing tonight in Atlanta about seven ten. Ever time of about six ten, it's termed the Reds. News Radio six WLW by Billy Cunningham, The Great America. Welcome this Monday afternoon in the tri State. There are fast moving developments in the murder of my Hamlety County Deputy Larry Henderson, and also what's happening to the father of Rodney Hinton. Also this morning, one of the four individuals involved in the auto theft sincere Grisby eighteen years old, was arraigned in municipal court. At this point, all of them are locked up pending further action, and tomorrow there's going to be another legal proceeding with Rodney Hinton, who is the father of the eighteen year old, the attempted murderer of a police officer who's dead, and what's going to happen with his bond, etc. This will be a big moment for the New Hamlet County prosecutor whether or not there's going to be a speck which means death penalty specifications, because one of the statutes in Ohio provided that you intentionally murder a police officer, that you're quickly eligible for the death penalty. I think many in law enforcement would like to see that used, but unfortunately Governor Mike DeWine has not signed any death warrants for anyone at this point. He's more or less verbally in favor of the death penalty, but in practice opposes it, I think on religious grounds and whatever that turns out to be, that's down the road. But Joanan, you and I now is Corey Bowman. He's running for mayor of the City of Cincinnati. In fact, the primary is tomorrow. We've invited on the other two candidates, waiting to hear back from them. But Corey Bowman, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, give me your reaction to the murder of Deputy Sheriff Larry Henderson and what the city should do. At this point, I would point out that the Vice Mayor, Lemon Kearney has issued a statement saying, quote, this is from Jan Michelle Kearney, who's the vice mayor. Our community is grieving for the eighteen year old young man whom we lost too soon and the Hamley County sheriff who was killed today in the line of So first of all, as the purported city leader in the future, what is your reaction to the events which took place on Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 6: Well, Bill, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a definitely a point in our city to where many people are affected. And I issued a statement today basically stating that my first response to all this last week was to pray. I called a prayer meeting at our church in the West End and we just prayed for the city, pray for all those involved. But the first thing that we want to do is extend our condolences to the friends, the family members, and the colleagues of Deputy Larry Henderson. That was a tragic thing that happened. He lost his life on Friday.
Speaker 6: It should not have happened.
Speaker 4: And we have to focus on what is happening with the sheriffs and all those involved that they're encountering something that's extremely difficult. I've talked with many people, even in the Cincinty Police Department that are they've encountered very long nights the last few days. We have to show unrelenting support for our local police officers and for our deputy and our county sheriffs and to be able to see what's going on. If you truly have a heart for the city, if you truly have a heart for our communities, and your heart breaks for what's happened over the last three days.
Speaker 6: This can't be a political point. I know we have an.
Speaker 4: Election tomorrow, but this can't be a political game. This has to be something to where we realize this life should never have been taken.
Speaker 6: This should not have happened. And I think that to.
Speaker 4: Turn this around to why we are running in this race, you have to have a culture set in place to where the police are honored and supported.
Speaker 6: In our city.
Speaker 4: And if you do not have that at the forefront of your administration, then they are always going to be seen as the bad guys. And you're going to encounter many situations like this to where the communities that are involved in the urban area are always going to see the police officers as the bad guys.
Speaker 6: There's going to be so much division.
Speaker 4: In our city and that comes from the top, that comes from the administration setting that culture, setting that tone to where we set out three to one one and ARC officers where.
Speaker 6: CPD officers should be going.
Speaker 4: And you're basically casting this image that the CPD officers and the police force in our city are the bad guys, and that couldn't be farther from the truth.
Speaker 1: There is a predicate of that. That's why the Citizens Review Authority exists. Citizens Complaining authority of the CCA. It's almost as if when these events transpire, some quickly jumped to the idea of what did the cop do wrong that caused in this case, the eighteen year old Ryan Hinton to be killed, and the circumstances in which the eighteen year old teenager was killed was completely controlled by the teenager himself. He was the one who made the decisions along the way to have possession of a firearm to put into it an extended magazine. He was the one that grabbed the gun and left the vehicle with the gun with the purpose of using the gun. I would say, otherwise, why pick it up? And then when he took a few steps and fell to the pavement, the gun itself fell with him. He made the decision to stand up and pick up the gun again, which is on bodycam. He then made the decision to run in between two dumpsters, in a sense, secrete himself, and then ran out the other side toward the woods. And at that point the Cincinnati Police officers said in a statement that he perceived the gun was being pointed at him. When I look at the body cam, it's impossible to say whether the gun was pointed at him or not. But all this took place over about a two second period, and it would have taken a split second for Ryan Hinton, the eighteen year old, to take the gun in his right hand, by the way, with a round in the chamber, in order to within a split second directed toward the police officer and kill him and maybe other police officers. There's a sense though, that whenever these events take place, the cop was wrong and the so called decedent was correct. But who controlled what happened? Was it the police officer or was it Ryan Hinton? He controlled everything that what happened, and he made the decision to steal the car. He made the decision to drive it into a parking lot that was somewhat secreted away from the main dragon in East Price Hill. He made the decision when the cops came up with the sirens blaring, to jump out of the car. He made the decision to grab the gun with him. He made the decision when he slipped and fell in the pavement, to pick up the gun again. Then he made the decision again to run from the scene. And you might recall Corey Bowman that two seconds before the shots were fired, you hear gun, gun, gun, and police are trained that when you hear gun, gun, gun, you pull out your weapon immediately because you're in a life and death struggle. Do you have empathy for the position the police officer was put in by the behavior of Ryan Hinton.
Speaker 4: Well know you every detail that you have just stated, and all those details had to be thought about, and they had to be considered within a matter of seconds. And I think that we need to realize that our sins and police officers are running into situations where everybody else is running out. We are expecting them to protect and serve. We are expecting them to make very quick decisions, and they have the training, they have the ability to do it.
Speaker 6: But whenever we see it.
Speaker 4: From a hindsight situation, all I'm seeing is people that are not respecting the position that these police officers are in, and they, like I said, they are running in when everybody is running out.
Speaker 6: These officers are expected to put their.
Speaker 4: Lives on the line in these situations and they have to make these decisions in a split second. And I don't think anybody really has the ability to answer for these police officers except for those that are in this situation, and so we.
Speaker 6: Have to be able to respect them.
Speaker 4: We have to be able to the situation for what it is. And if we take this situation and if we do anything other than respect the position that these police officers are in and to thank them for the service that they're doing. You're going to see morale at an all time low in the police department. You're going to see recruiting down, and it's not going to go well for the city because these guys and ladies are vital for our city, and we have to set the tone from the administration that we support our police officers and the sacrifice they make every day.
Speaker 1: I have a social media posting which is Germaine, which is consistent with some others I have read that says to following, Cincinnati is time to riot. A Cincinnati police officer shot a boy in his back. He ran right past the officer and he shot him. If the police, it's time we stand together and take these mfs down. F Cincinnati police, it's time for an officer not to make it home f his family. That's a sentiment express not by many, but by some. Your reaction, well.
Speaker 4: This is what you have to realize is that you know, my coffee shop, we have many police officers that come in. These are police officers that are connected with the community, that have hearts for the community and for the people that they serve, and in situations like this, emotions are high. You can't That's why I was so careful about, you know, putting out a statement, because everybody wants to put out a statement or reaction based on emotions, and any of these you know, situations have the tendency of dividing even more and creating one side and the other. It's where you could see events like that in the downtown area. You know, we pray against that, we speak peace over this situation. I would encourage anybody on any side that they think they're on to really consider the fact that we need to operate in peace. We need to be able to pray for our police officers, We need to be able to pray for our community and the people that feel like maybe they're forgotten. But it doesn't change the fact that the incident that happened. We've got to consider the perspective of these brave police officers that are putting their life in harm's way, not for themselves, but for the communities that they served.
Speaker 1: You know, many years ago I had on Dan Hills and other coppers that decried the idea of having a body cam. As the events have rolled by the last few years, it is a wonderful thing that these police officers had body camps that were operational, and even though at the critical moment and that split second between gungun gun, shouting and then shooting, which is less than two seconds, you can see the horrible circumstances in which the officer found himself. His eyes were focused on the nine millimeter. Police officers are trained when you hear gun, gun, gun, pull out your service weapon immediately. Secondly, look at the hands of the perpetrator. Don't look at his feet, don't look at his head, don't look at his shoulder, look at the hands. And when he looked at the hands of this of this eighteen year old teenager, he saw in his right hand had a nine millimeter with an extended magazine. Now, I don't know if you're familiar with weapons, but there's no reason for an eighteen year old boy to have a nine millimeter with an extended mag and one in his pocket. He had multiple abilities to fire twenty four shots in about five seconds at four to five Cincinnati police officers. The bodycam is turned out to be wonderful. You can only imagine Corey Bowman if in this particular case there was no body cam, and you had officers saying that this is what happened. All of a sudden, there'd be news conferences on the steps of the city Hall. To be careful what you say. The bodycam demonstrates and this has turned out to be wonderful for the police. If you, if you're elected mayor of the City of Cincinnati, would you insist upon further use of body cams, which almost ninety nine percent of the time exonerates the police.
Speaker 4: Now you have to you have to be able to see it from the perspective of the police officers. And these bodycams show what these police officers go through on a daily basis, you know. And the reality of it is that we've got communities that feel like there's no hope for our city, that they feel like there's no future. So this kid, and like you said, should never be in a situation like that. But I'm in the West End and you've got entire communities that feel like there's no hope, there's no future. And I'm telling you this right now that this has to do with the culture that is set from the top of the administration. When you're able to support the police officers to be able to have a direct involvement in the communities they serve, to be able to show that these officers are there to protect and serve. You've got to be able to invest in entry level positions for jobs and giving these kids a hope and a future.
Speaker 6: That is not what's happening right now. We have housing developments and.
Speaker 4: Policies that are trapping these kids. They're trapping the entire generation in poverty and no hope.
Speaker 6: And when you put somebody.
Speaker 4: In a position to where they feel like they have no hope, no future, they have no choice but to be able to go in that direction. Now that's not me saying that what the kid did was right. We have to be able to support our police officers, but I blame the top to be able to say that they are setting a tone in this administration that.
Speaker 6: Cops are bad.
Speaker 4: But also they're also saying a tone that there's no hope, there's no future for these communities that are being lost and forgotten about. And this is the result of it. When you have no discipline, when you have no strength on the top of it, this is what happens is that the city runs wild with this, and we have to be able to have strong leadership that are going to be able to back to the police officers, but be able to consider every resident of the communities of our great city.
Speaker 1: And look what's happening in the banks Friday night, Saturday night. I had on Ken Kober last week who talked about one hundreds of kids on a summer's night smoking pot looking for their next victim. Lastly, on the issue of releasing the video, we've had a policy recently not to release the video because it's part of the grand jury investigation. By that, I mean there was four or five officers involved. Each of them had body cams. You might have had a camera on the condo project there in the East Price Hill. There's pieces of evidence that come together in this particular case. The city now is a policy of quickly releasing the video cam, which may tell an incomplete story about what occurred in this case. When the video was shown to the eighteen year old boy's father, Rodney Hinton, according to media accounts, left the meeting early having watched his son being shot to death. I would contend by the son's own behavior, which is sad but nonetheless and that he went out hunting a police officer to kill, and so there was about an hour and a half between the time he left the coroner's office when he saw his son on video being killed, until he was hunting to kill a police officer, and unfortunately a deputy sheriff Larry Henderson was the first one he could run into with his car and murder. There was no skid mark. Is a good public policy to release a part of an investigation to show a grieving family the death of their loved one when there's so many other pieces to put together. This is relatively new. We didn't release videos until it was down the road a bit till maybe the passion is to the moment, what subside, what's your feeling about that.
Speaker 4: I think that what you said about impartial evidence or incomplete stories that basically drive the emotions of people is right on. I think that what's happening on social media right now, what you're seeing in our culture is that we want results now, we want reactions now. Everybody is basically reacting without thinking, and we have to diffuse these situations to be able to say, hey, we pray peace, we speak peace over these situations. Let's wait until all the evidence comes about let's not react. That's actually why I was so careful to release a statement, not because there are certain statements that are right or wrong, but because every one of these comment sections on all these news social media outlets are war zones. You've got people on one side and then people on the other, and it's not good for our city. You have to be able to speak reason. You have to be able to speak peacefully in these situations. You have to bring people together to say, wait for the evidence to come forward, wait for the actual facts to come forward, don't react, don't respond. You have to respond with all the evidence. And I think that that's something that's very important in our city, to be able to say, hey, we have to speak peace. We have to speak reason and consider every side.
Speaker 6: But that's the thing about.
Speaker 4: The rule of law is that you have to be able to look at each side and tell a complete story and not just react because of one piece of information or one piece of evidence.
Speaker 1: Is there all right, Corey Bowman, the man who would be mayor, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, And later on we're more information as to the funeral for a Deputy sheriff Larry Henderson down the road. But Corey Bowman, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank you so much. I can't emphasize enough. We have to get out to vote.
Speaker 4: May sixth come, everybody, get out to vote for your leadership.
Speaker 1: God bless you. Corey Bowman, thank you very much. Let's continue with more and later on after the break. I have some comments to make about other charges that might be filed against these three individuals who were involved in the auto theft that resulted ultimately in the killing the murder of Larry Henderson. Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: Journalism is on the move as they turned for home, and sovereignty is coming with him on the outside.
Speaker 1: The two of them go right by with um.
Speaker 8: Lunder on the journalism and sovereignty knows to those down to the last sixteenth of a mile. Sovereignty has taken the lead. Journalism is second, fourth, the good side by ageless third, but it will.
Speaker 1: Be sovereignty to rule the the tucky.
Speaker 8: Ury journalism and by as over next final Devin was for the final time two one seconds.
Speaker 9: Oh hello, quiet and I'm spokes I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Journalism goes down again. The sovereignty. That sounds like Trump. Well, well let's see, uh you know, and thank good to you. How about Mike Tarico Saturday getting an allergy food poisoning ors off something.
Speaker 10: And the other guy had to fill in? The Derby delivered seventeen point seven million viewers Saturday, marking the largest Derby audience since nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 1: Why is that? Do you think the weather people want to stay inside? People are entering?
Speaker 10: I get well, I guess so raining all over the place and sovereign and Derby parties, journalism. The one guy that was looking good at the Derby two Bob Bamford. No, Chris Collinsworth and Jeff Ruby, we're looking fashion plates kind of they're rich in the famous correct we're stuck here just broadcast.
Speaker 1: You didn't go. I was invited to be to give him some award to the third race, and I said, no, it's too far away and it's too money. Uh yeah, that's gart. I guarantee you one thing.
Speaker 10: There was a lot of expensive shoes messed up on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Thank you. How did collins Worth behave? He looked good.
Speaker 10: He had a little hat on and uh kind of like judge Mail and Caddy shack, and he had all He was very colorful in his fashions.
Speaker 1: Clearly, clearly, you have completely made me.
Speaker 10: I don't know how to thank you.
Speaker 1: Enough, that's for sure. I hate to do they ever hear from him. Uh oh see, see this is always dangerous. Well, let's see what happens. Say, give me some sports. He's not going to pick up what I tell you. He's afraid of my probing question. He's got nothing. He's got nothing, He's a nobody. Whatever happened to him? I heard you talking about him and David Versa a few days ago, told you he'd have the nineteen eighty one draft. I mean they took David Versa out of Kansas, the wide receiver. That was a mistake.
Speaker 10: Bengal fans went crazy, think was going to be Collinsworth. Then they then they had the agonizing weight wait. I think it was like the first or second pick in the in the round. They had to wait all the way through, and it's like, well, collins Worth's gonna go here, He's going to go to here, He's gonna go here. Round two. Chris Collinsworth, wide receiver, University of Florida. And when and when Verser left and he became a cop correct for twelve years, Cincinnati cop.
Speaker 1: What's David Versa doing now? If anything I don't know might still be able to play? Let's find out? Will he the student reporters of Proud Service, every local tame star heating and air conditioning dealers tame star quality you can feel in Cincinnati called Sheldon Braun at Braun Heating at five, one, three, three, eight, five, seventy seven sixty five. But those Reds, Willie lose a yesterday four to one to the Nats. Dropped two or three in the series, lost four to seven on the home stand. Here we go again a time I feel high and at times I feel low.
Speaker 10: Eighteen and seventeen, still second in the Central but two back of the Cubs, just one up on the brew crew. Now, and for a second, what do you think about that seven game road trip tonight? The first of four in the at L. Woll Brady Singer four and one against a J. Smith Spawner at one and two. Coverage begin six oh five with that guy Lance, Sports Talk, Arnell Carriers, Inside Pitch, Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Inning Show.
Speaker 1: After the game, the whole Town's Battie about Cincinnati. What a team? What a team? What a team?
Speaker 10: Yes, they are Lanta's fourth in the East at fifteen and eighteen. They got to win last night to avoid a sweep by the Dodgers Reds.
Speaker 1: They need to do well and they need to get four and three or three and four? Do you agree, correct, rhet Lauder?
Speaker 10: Remember him set to begin to rehab assignment tomorrow with the ACL Reds in Arizona. Then he's gonna head to Dayton. Of course, as you know, he's been on the il since the start of the season with a right forearm strain.
Speaker 1: Let's go over the body of the Reds. Wit when that happens? Well, part of the well Stevenson's back. He homeward yesterday. Cs still got that back inflammation. Uh see, who else? What about Hayes? Hayes has got the hamstring, got a handy? Who else is on the I don't know all of it? All of them? College baseball?
Speaker 10: Those UC Bearcats sweeping twenty fifth rated Kansas on the road over the weekend, Xavier beat Seaton Hall. The Musketeers still have a shot at the Big East Baseball title.
Speaker 1: Well, what about the what about the US Open qualifier? Macatooa. My friend Steve Tino. Tino wants to know about Will Grimmer Well.
Speaker 10: The US Open qualifier right now at back at Tewak Country Club, owned by Mark Sheer and Dale Donovan, J D. Collins out of Lexington, JD. Daniel Wedderick at a Cincinnati with a sixty eight. They're in the clubhouse at two under pretty good. Leo Wessel out of Indianapolis. Willie is two under through twelve, not bad. Leo started out with a birdie on one.
Speaker 1: Number one is a relatively short par four. Got to carry the bar about two hundred and twenty yards to get over the valley. But then it's an easy hole. Tell me about number two to par three, par three, one hundred and ninety yards, mister Wessel hole in one, birdie, hole in one, probably hit about a five arm, maybe a four arm into the cup on number two. Number three is a tough unforgiving par four down the hill, up the hill, hit it right, hit it left. What happened on number three? Double bogie six?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Will Grimmer is two under through twelve? Yea, what do you do?
Speaker 10: Let's see also Flying Pig marathon over forty two thousand participants over the weekend and all the Flying Pig events, so congrats to them. The men's winner was Sean Ryan. He went to Saint Henry and Independence now lives in Tampa. Tory Parkinson hails from Utah. The women's full marathon champ.
Speaker 1: How about this Scott, a texam a cop David Versa was forced to retire as a cop due to a physical disability after about fourteen years. How about that one. I wish him well.
Speaker 10: Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town thirteen convenient northern Kentucky locations. The Bengals hold many camp this weekend. The twenty twenty seven NFL National Football League Draft will be held in Washington, d C. On the National Mall in front of the Washington Monument.
Speaker 1: And Trump will still be Roger Goodell. They are resident the United States at the owner of the and the owner of the Commanders is there. Mayor Bowser Maurio's there from Washington, DC. And now the racing. Let's talk about race over the weekend. Let's get it done.
Speaker 10: Congrats to Loveland High School Junior. I have Agorus Papa sommas easier. It must be a Greek Finnish second in the Indie NXT race in the Grand Prix of Alabama. Now that's the minor league of the IndyCar Series. But Loveland Junior got it done second overall.
Speaker 1: Yesterday got another text Burser had bad knees. I can imagine playing football? Correct? You got bad knees.
Speaker 10: Also, Willie. Let's see the Formula one Miami Grand Prix was held yesterday. How that go quarterback Joe Burrow of the Bengal What on the scene in Miami?
Speaker 1: He's gone Hollywood on his hadn'ty by himself? What about that influencer? What about Belichick? Rocky wants to know any on that? On Belichick?
Speaker 10: Apparently? What about Jordan? Apparently young Jordan. There are reports that in the Super Bowl commercial for Duncan Donuts, she forced herself onto the commercial to be in the background. Correct with Belichick?
Speaker 1: Right? Is he looking for a PR representative? That's what I understand. On X he's looking for a PR firm. He's making a fool of himself. By the way, idiot, he's already destroyed his legacy. Would you agree talk to women of my bike, talk to talk to your wife? About what she thinks about Jordan and Billy Boy for the years age difference hockey news.
Speaker 10: Well, he had the Cyclones, our beloved Cyclones. The twenty twenty five twenty six home opener will be taking place Saturday, October eighteenth. What about Paul lawis Heritage Bank Center when the Cyclones host those wheeling kneels? What about Paul Lawss up there, he's got He's got his h They got his name up there on the Hall of Fame. He deserves hired number, He deserves it. This is not going to go over good in Springfield Township. What Michigan football coach Football coach Sharon Moore expected to be suspended for two games? What for the upcoming twenty twenty five seasons? Part of a self imposed sanctions doing by the university for the Connor Stallions advanced scouting scan standal scandal.
Speaker 1: Connor Stallions, Yeah, explain the whole scandal if you can.
Speaker 10: Well, I guess he went to other teams and was sitting up in the in the rafters watching up practice, watching practice, And I guess you know, is that a big deal. Let's see Michigan opens against hosting New Mexico. Then they go to Oklahoma, but apparently it's the third and fourth games that he's going to be that coach Moore has been against Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: They don't need him against New Mexico. I think that the aggies is that correct. Might want to look that up. That's where Richard Patino came from. What happens What happens when Rocky Boy Mean's Bill Belichick goes to TCU with North Carolina open up the season at TCU the whole by the way, if Tom Brenneman's daughter's graduation.
Speaker 10: If he does any kind of games with Bill Belichick and being the stuff back, because if not, we're gonna grill him.
Speaker 1: Do you think he's really going to coach the Tar Heels? If I was North Carolina, I get rid of him. Now twenty nine million dollar buyout.
Speaker 10: Well, in that case, yeah, somebody just write a check, and you know he's got to get a go Funbee page going.
Speaker 1: He's got a ten million dollars six year contract with a buyout ten million a year. Well, and she's got already eight million of his assets in her name. What did he get from that relationship? Was what I don't understand she got, you know, what we'll last Rocky, Rocky, Rocky knows all about that answer. What does Belichick get out of this? Yeah?
Speaker 10: I want to know Rocky needs to answer. That's fortune. What does he get ro He's an expert. Does he need fame?
Speaker 1: He's a next with Belichick's need a fortune? What's he getting out of this?
Speaker 10: All you got to do is be Bill Belichick walking to a place with all six of your rings on it.
Speaker 1: That's it? Now? What about the one more thing? At baseball?
Speaker 10: Kansas City Royals hit a franchise record seven homers yesterday at Baltimore. Luke Maylee and Jonathan India went deep. How about that for Kansas City? First home run, first homers as a Royal for both Malee at a Covcath was recalled just three days ago from Triple A.
Speaker 1: Omaha. You know I had dinner yesterday at Ron's Rus with Olga. Yes, and Ron I asked Olga, what do you think about Bill Belichick taking up with a woman fifty years of his junior? And she said he's making a damn fool of himself. Correct, said Olga, never three her words or ever spoken. And Ron Walking said, I kind of get that wouldn't you, Well, I mean something with you and Denise and some young twenty two year old saddled up next to the seg man. What would you do? Pass outs? Bingo bingo? Pass outs. Denise and I were there Saturday, So the superstars Saratoga Chips got some turkey potatoes and he got to get a cheese sandwich delicious, Sean Donovan got some chicken breasts. All guys sat down with us yep, making a damn full of himself. But Ron says, what happens if he impregnates her, then babies come? Now we're now, we're talking. Now, she's got the Golden ticket, now the now, the Pandoras. Now it's open. Yeah, but she's too old for the players that Belichick is coaching at North Carolina. How's that going to make a difference? Have you've seen my Twitter account with my picture of Belichick and Jordan when circa the year two thousand or one? Correct? Now, what about the Trumpster once wants to reopen O. I saw the movie Too Many Escapes take Place from that.
Speaker 10: Was a I named guy named Norris and two mothers more. Yeah, they still don't know whether they all supposedly they're died, but but I don't know. Say, get me out of the Stuge report. I'm gonna hear from the American people. I'm gonna open up the lines. What in your name? I broad Now you're gonna sit out right, You're not gonna sit out like the other night.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna fall down. And we got to go a segment. Get me out of the Stooge Report, Willy and.
Speaker 10: Utter of the red legs on the road tonight in the atl we leave you with the immortal words of the Stude Report.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see what happens, won't Oh boy, seven hundred WLW, Hilly cunning into Great America. Now is your time to join me on seven hundred WLW. Let your voice be heard if six lines all are opened for your telephone calls at five win three, seven four, nine, seven thousand or pounds seven hundred and uh once your comment. So in the events of what's happened last Thursday and Friday, and where you stand on the issue, if anywhere understand there's a makeshift memorial taking place on mL King Junior and near Burnett Woods where the killing took place of Officer Larry Henderson, who served thirty three years Hamley County Sheriff's Department. Part of the time was spent on the bomb Squad disarming explosive devices. Part of the time was spent on the dive unit inside the Ohio River, part of the time was spent assisting the FBI on high risk issues. And now in peace, after serving for thirty three years, Officer Deputy Sheriff Larry Henderson finds himself in a situation not of his making, but of the making of some criminal who wanted revenge and retribution in his sick mind for the taking the life of his son, whose behavior calls exactly what occurred to him. And two thanks before I go to the calls. Seven four nine seven pounds seven hundred are the comments of the Vice Mayor of the City of Cincinnati, Jan Michelle Kearney, who said, quote, our community is grieving for the eighteen year old young man whom we lost too soon in the Hamony County Sheriff who was killed today in the line of duty. We pray for their families and for our police share of families. The equivalizations being drawn between the life and the death of Deputy Larry Henderson, along with the life and the death of eighteen year old Ryan Hinton, which I reject completely. I mean, every human life has value, but in one case it was a brave soldier who stood up against the criminal element for years and decades, not being Larry Henderson, and the other one being Ryan Hinton, who was only eighteen years old that found himself in a position where he was in a stolen vehicle possessing weapons I was illegal for him to possess. I'm told he's got an extensive previous juvenile record, and I want to get your thoughts about the police community seven four nine seven thousand. First call will be John from Dayton. We have three lines open five one three seven four nine seven thousand to get your feeling yea or nay. And I'll give each caller about thirty seconds to a minute more or less a fast break to offer the condolences for one or the other before I go to the calls. I also would point out that in social media on a there's a hashtag stand with Rodney being the thirty eight year old father Justice for Rodney, and one of the memes here indicates they really tried to use over thirty deputies to intimidate Rodney Hinton, but he kept his head up. There is a thought in our city, in our region that there's an acquivalization between the eighteen year old who was a felon who tried had the ability to kill police officers, whose own behavior brought about his death, and the murder of Deputy Larry Henderson. Let's go to the calls now, and we have we have John and Dayton and Larry and riding the Home of the Blue Devils, and Jason back in Cincinnati, Eddie and Cole Ran and many others, and John and Dayton. Welcome to the Bill Cunningham showing John, how are you? How are you? And give me give me a full report on this issue.
Speaker 11: I'm good, How were you willing?
Speaker 1: Pretty good? John?
Speaker 11: Good listening to this over the past couple of days. There's been two things that I think are important that I haven't heard brought up yet, and the first of which is at eighteen years old, it was illegal for him even to have a handgun.
Speaker 1: Anyway, say that again, because many don't understand it is illegal in Ohio. Some states have at eighteen, but in Ohio it is illegal to possess a handgun.
Speaker 11: Correct period until until the age of twenty one.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 11: And then the other thing everyone everyone brings up is why didn't they try to use a taser? And I don't don't. I don't think people understand that that. I believe it's something to affect forty percent of the time. Tasers are ineffective in the first place, yep. Let alone, when an officer staring down the barrel of a.
Speaker 1: Gun well ten feet away, use the taser in your miss or you hit the guy and he's got a round in the chamber. He's got an extended mag Now, why would he purposely take the gun from the car unless he planned to use it? Why would he drop the car, drop the gun in the parking lot as he fell, and then pick it up if he didn't intend to use it. Why did he have a round in the chamber unless he intended to use it? And why did you point the gun at the cop unless he intended to use it? Answer those questions.
Speaker 11: I don't understand the victim mentality of this all, Like how how how much more clear cut can a case be?
Speaker 1: And it's on video, It's on video, you can see it. And I know what the radical left is saying that is there's not a snapshot we had on Chief Thiji about two hours ago. There's not a clear snapshot in the video of the gun actually pointed at the officer, and she said it's because the camera was moving as the officer was running. As soon as one officer yelled gun, gun, gun, their weapons came out because they were in a life and death struggle. How long would it have take them to him to redirect the barrel of the gun from forward toward the officer and shoot with the extended meg about twenty four shots. It would have taken him a split second to make that movement. And when you engage in this kind of behavior, the result can be your own death. Thanks for calling. Let's continue now with Larry and reading the Home of the Blue Devils and Larry, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 12: Larry, your comments, well, I was the first person to always jump out of my car and protect the police officer.
Speaker 1: I fight for him.
Speaker 12: But I'll tell you what a couple of weeks ago, I ran into an officer on a civil matter and I was treated so poorly and yelled at and degraded in front of people, and I just want to tell everybody. It just takes his n see the police out there listening. All it takes is want of you guys to turn people around on you guys because you all wear the same uniform. Now I don't like the police. After I was.
Speaker 1: That's it, You're gone. The fact of the matter is to are cops perfect beings?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Can they make a mistake, yes, But the words express assuming they were in anger, have nothing to do with the murder of a deputy sheriff. The murder, and if one cop does something wrong, which happens occasionally, doesn't mean all cops are responsible any more than if one young black kid commits a crime, that doesn't make all black kids responsible. In the city of Cincinnati, there is about twenty thousand young black males, and of that group, probably if five hundred commit crimes. It's a small number, but the face of crime in Cincinnati is largely a black male face of a young person. But the great majority of black young males have nothing to do with crime. But I'm sorry for your circumstance, but I disagree. Let's go to Ja Jason, Cincinnati, then Greg and Dent and Jason and Cincinnati. Please, what do you got welly.
Speaker 5: It's an honor to talk to you today, first time speaking to you.
Speaker 6: You're a great man.
Speaker 1: God bless you.
Speaker 5: Thanks far as far as the Yahoo before me, get him out of here. I am a product of a failed juvenile court system myself. All they did as a youth would slap me on the wrist until I turned eighteen years old, and then it took the honorable Norbert Natle to set me on the right path. I got in trouble as a young adult and I went in front of Norbert Natle and he sent me to jail. When I got out of jail, I actually had the opportunity to meet him and talk to him, and the first thing I said to him was thank you because he saved my life. If he wouldn't have stepped in and showed me how to be a man, I wouldn't be where I am today. It's a travesty. What happened to the police officer. I can't believe it. He had nothing to do with the young Hinton junior, you know, committing the crime. I mean, you're sitting in a car that's stolen. You'd wait for the police to pull up and then you take.
Speaker 1: Off running and none left that nothing would have happened. And today's world, he.
Speaker 6: Could have left that gun.
Speaker 5: Let's just say that, you know, he would have left the gun in the car and took off running. Then he wouldn't have got shot. I mean, it's it's one of those situations where you play stupid games and you win stupid prizes.
Speaker 6: It's a sad loss.
Speaker 5: It's sad to see a young black man with no direction in his life out here stealing cars from people who work hard to afford their vehicle. You come along, you steal it with a with a US B cord, and then you're sitting in the apartments hanging out with your buddies like it's your car. And then you take off and you get shot. And then your dad ends up hitting an innocent cop who's out here doing his job, who's retired as a family, didn't think about anything, just ahead and just and hit hit the sheriff. And it's terrible. But it all bleeds back to a terrible juvenile court system where for decades they have failed the youth in Cincinnati. And I was the product of the failed youth. And it's you know, I don't have a problem today standing up and saying that they failed me as a young man.
Speaker 6: My dad did the best he could. God rest his soul.
Speaker 5: I was just a wavered youth and it took Norbert natal to set me on the right path. And thank God, I got to thank him for really saving my life.
Speaker 1: And Judge Nick Natle died about six years ago. He was a great man. I'll say this that it is perceived as no big deal if you're a juvenile who commits a felony. And how many County Juvenile Court would Judge Carrie Bloom is the chief judge, And it's damn near impossible to be sent to juvenile jail if you commit serious crimes. And told by Cincinnati police that this individual, this eighteen year old Ryan Hinton, had an extensive previous juvenile record for which there was no punishment. And so in his mind, I can heist a car, use it for illegitimate purposes, I will suggest to you steal a gun, put an extended mag on it with the intent of using it. The only reason he took the gun as the police were trying to arrest him was to use it against them. He wasn't going to use it against his three co conspirators. He wanted to kill police, which is why he chambered around. Why if you know anything about handguns, why do you chamber around? Why do you take the safety off? The purpose is you be ready, And he was going to kill police, and but for the quick action I want for anybody, for anybody, and why you're rolling around anybody? There were armed robbery, burglary, drug deals, breaking into stores. How many times have I seen a Kia or a Hyundai go into a pawn shop in order to steal guns? It happens all the time. I think about Benjamin Addison. Justin Dugan in Mount Auburn used a gun to try to steal his Benjamin Addison's hyunday, and he went out to stop him, and Justin Dugan murdered Benjamin Addison. And it all began with stealing of a car. It's like, no big Well, it is a big deal when you steal somebody's car because you don't know what the hell is going to happen. And the result of this, Larry Henderson is dead. They started the long start. I wish there was a way to get these three kids, eighteen and nineteen year old kids that are alive I wish there was a way to hook them with the murder of Deputy Larry Henderson, but legally it's probably not possible because they were part they started the whole thing that resulted in the deputy sheriff being murdered, and there was a broken approximate cause was broken. But I wish there was a way to send these three away. For years they participated in events that resulted in the murder of a cop, and they're gonna get They're going to get out of it, and I predict little or nothing's going to happen to these three. In fact, one of them was in court this morning. Sincere gregs be eighteen, he was given twenty five one thousand dollars bond, he's likely out right Now, let's continue with Greg and Dent. Greg and Dent, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. Greg, Please go ahead.
Speaker 13: How you doing, Bill, Great.
Speaker 1: Day to being American. But some days are better than others.
Speaker 13: Okay, Well, I'm a middle aged man, fifty five years old, and it all goes back to the same thing every time I hear about these horrible stories, and it is a horrible story. But if that kid would have just listened to the cops like I was taught to do. He would still be here, everybody would still be here. But he chose not to listen to him. And I don't understand that. Where did that faction go away? Where the cops? You can negotiate with a cop. I never negotiated with a cop when for christ sake, when I was sixteenth, they pulled me over and told me to poop in the bag. I poop in the bag. I mean, come on, why does the thing nowadays that you don't have to do what they say?
Speaker 1: Well, Greg, it's culturally acceptable. I'll tell you what, Greg. If you look online, there's a hashtag supporting supporting Rodney, who's the third eight year old father. There's a faction of our community who believed that assaults on police officers are justified because of historical racial prejudices committed by other cops other times, other circumstances. The present police division has nothing to do with the police division of a one hundred years ago, nothing to do with it. And there's a disrespect for law and order that exists in our society almost everywhere that manifests itself in the killing of cops. The beating of cops. And all they as you said, all these four punks had to do was get out of the car, put their hands up, They get arrested, The owner of the Kia gets his car back in Kentucky, and the four of them are They're out on bond within three or four hours of no bond at all. Henderson is still alive and Rodney Hinton is not facing a murder charge. All they had to do was comply with the police then fight it out in court later on. That's all that had to happen. And they refuse to do so because there's an idea that attacking and harming police is culturally acceptable and that is sick. And I got to run, Greg, you got me all urinated off. I don't know how we got to this situation. I don't know how, but we're here now and it's not good. Let's continue with more. I want to apologize to the rest on hold and we will. We have Scott from Sharonville if you can remember to call back tomorrow. He wants to set up a GoFundMe page for the cops, so we'll see what we can do. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WW.
Speaker 7: In fact, please allow me, friends to digress for a moment. Okay, it's kind of dark in here, but I'm asked with show of hands, who saw that video from a couple of weeks ago, the one of the elephants at the San Diego.
Speaker 1: Zoo during the earthquake?
Speaker 13: Googolate?
Speaker 1: Have you've not seen it?
Speaker 7: So that scene has been on my mind. Everybody's asking me what you've been thinking about these days?
Speaker 9: Well, oh oh, hello, hello, quiet, I'm broadcastings WROT.
Speaker 1: You've been thinking about dancing elephants at a zoo? One might ask, what else is here to think about?
Speaker 14: We were fairly close to listen to that every day.
Speaker 1: You give me your analysis of what happened on Thursday and Friday. Lots of stuff going on. You've seen the memes, you showed me a couple of them. In fact, tomorrow, isn't there a pal well at the arrayment? The second Arrayment of a Rodney Hinton at nine o'clock in the morning. Yeah.
Speaker 14: This was posted on the Greater Cincinnati Politics facebook page. I guess a group called Cincinnati Socialists segment. Are you a member?
Speaker 1: I believe no?
Speaker 14: Uh yeah, they're having some get together eight a at ten to eleven am to show, show out and chat. We don't condone murder, but we do stand under Rodney Hinton Junior and those affected by state violence.
Speaker 1: We're fed up state and the police, the state violence.
Speaker 14: You believe that, I mean everything you can to like not throw throw the phone through the through the window.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I have other indications of what social media is doing to this case, which is which is very very sad and uh it talks about black men being shot down like dogs by white police officers, which has nothing whatsoever to do with this case. Zero zelch. The color doesn't matter. Behavior counts for everything. And you're you're like a handgun expert, correct, Yes, I am. In other words, if you're eighteen, you can I legally possess a gun in the state of Ohio. You cannot possess a handgun got to be twenty one, So that's a felony. That's number two. How about heisting stealing auto theft of a of a of a twenty twenty three Kia Strike two felony and then coming across state lines and possession of a handgun illegal FBI number three and then going to some place a little bit secreted at these priced Silicondra project. One way in, one way out. I would assume the smoke pot of God knows to do what else? Number four? Here comes the cruisers because of the tracking device on the vehicle. Here they come though. Now at this point, Ryan Hinton's got decisions to make. Does he come out, put his hands up and say, I'm under rest, You got me, I'll be out. I'll be out by five o'clock. Right?
Speaker 14: No, But if he does all that, no matter what he's he's still living. And then then you know Henderson.
Speaker 1: Number two. There's two guns in the car. Both are illegal. One has an extended meg which gun to pick? The one with the extending mag all right?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: Why why would you do that? They have more bullets to shoot?
Speaker 13: All right?
Speaker 14: How about an extended like a normal block magazine normally like a glock seventeen is probably as a standard block seventeen round mag An extended mag holds thirty three.
Speaker 1: Thirty three, so you got thirty three shots to and you know you've got trouble now the police is eighteen. He shouldn't have it illegal? Right At number three, he drops, he trips and falls and there goes the weapon on the pavement. He's got another decision to make. Don't put my hands up and say you got me? Do I bug you into the that's the one. It's like, there was the opportunity rights.
Speaker 14: The gun falls on the ground, saying, you know what, all right, the compet right there goes on the ground.
Speaker 1: You got me? Got me? No? No, what does he do? Pix it up? Pix it up?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: Why would he do that if he didn't intend to use use it? And then he runs not directly into the woods. There's two dumpsters that are at large metal dumpsters he could get behind and do whatever. He runs in between the dumpsters with the loaded gun in his right hand, and then he's told again gun gun gun. You know, as a cop supporter, when the word gun gun gun comes out, you pulled out your weapon because you're thinking it's gunsmot times it's serious things. He comes around and you can't see him point the barrel, which is what THESEI said with me about two and a half hours ago, because it's obscured. But the cop said, of course, he picked up the gun out of the car. He tripped and fell, picked up the gun. He chambered around took off the safety. He runs between the dumpsters and then he's told to stop, stop, stop, and he doesn't, and the cop perceived him to point the gun at him. Where's the bad part of this?
Speaker 14: Everything was in his power to not allow this to happen, and he, by his own choice, seemingly decided to. There was like four different things that could have stopped that right along the way, could have not picked up the gun, could have not ran, could have obviously not stolen the car, all that sort of thing. There was like three or four different things that could have happened that he said, Okay, you know what, this isn't a good idea, No, but he just blew through all four of those and please had to use do what they had to do.
Speaker 1: Seg your reaction. Middletown cop is injured today another car that was stolen, car stolen runs into the Middletown cop. He is in the hospital. How about Benjamin Addison Mount Alburn guy tries to steal a car and the murderer game was James Dougan is convicted of manslaughter, should have been murdered against twenty one years. All you gotta do is just say hey, hands luked this out and in today's world, what happens nothing on a car theft nothing nothing segment.
Speaker 10: Will he the student reports of pro servis every local teme Star heating and air conditioning dealers Temstar quality. You could feel in Cincinnati called Stacey Heating get air solutions five one, three, three six, seven h E A T spots those reds. Will he losing four to seven on the homestander on the road. Now for seven first of forur To died in Atlanta, it'll be the seven under wlw's coverage with Lance and six oh five in Sports Talk Arnold Carriers, Inside Pitch and the Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Ding show after the game.
Speaker 1: One other thing rock to reflect upon. There's a go fundme page now set up to assist the murderer who killed Larry Henderson. Go fund me page and uh, it's going to get thousands of dollars donated to it, along with Luigi Mangioni, the guy who killed the healthcare execut thousands of dollars two million at this point million, two million. And now this one is set up to assist the defense work on behalf of the law firm Johnny Cochrane Law firm, and Michael Wright's going to handle the defense of mister Rodney Hinton, who now has a go Fundme page. Seg your reaction will ye. Let's see Miami Middletown. They're headed to the uscaa small college baseball World Series again. Let's see. Aren't they there every year?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: That was UC Claremont. Oh okay.
Speaker 10: The He's seven National Football League Draft will be held in Washington, d C. For the first time in eighty six years on the National Mall National of the Washington Monument.
Speaker 1: And is that the new stadium will be built by then?
Speaker 10: All the commanders are going to have a three point seven five eight nine billion dollars stadium.
Speaker 14: Is the Trump's are gonna be there? Is just gonna walk out and walk down the lawn there.
Speaker 10: And he announced it in the White House today with you're good Fred Roger Goodell standing next to him.
Speaker 1: You like lookalalikes you and Roger Goodell?
Speaker 11: Anyone.
Speaker 1: I've told you that you and Ken Brew.
Speaker 14: I have heard that, all right. I also good Jack Reacher, the guy who plays Jack Reacher. I don't like that guy because he's left wing activist.
Speaker 1: I don't like him. Is he really yes, he is a big, strong guy. I was talking about that. No. I like Jack Reacher. I like the original one. The second one is not so good. He's a lefting radical extremist. Trump's also going to open up Alcatraz. You hear that. I love that. I saw the movie, Clint Eastwood. I saw the movie. I saw The Day Escape.
Speaker 14: They did escape, So the great unsolved mysteries on that, the casts of their head, and if.
Speaker 1: They would have lived, we'd know, right, you'd have to think.
Speaker 14: I saw a documentary not long ago that made the case.
Speaker 1: It may have. It reached pretty far. What about dB Cooper? Did we find out who that guy was? Jumped down on the plane. They're still looking for him, still looking for him along with those along with Bigfoot. Let's see us open qualifier today Willie at Mcateewak Country Club. Let's see J. D.
Speaker 10: Collins out of Lexington and Daniel Wedderick as Cincinnati is a sixty eight. Leo Wessel out of Indianapolis is also two under through sixteen. What about Brett Rehderick. You're not going to make it. Let's see, uh, mister Wessell had a birdie on one far three and ninety yard hole in one, dunked it on number.
Speaker 1: Two three under I don't have the old average, then number three double bogie.
Speaker 10: But he is going to it looks like he's going to make the cut the head to the US Open.
Speaker 1: My friend Steve Tina wants to know about Will Grimmer? What about him?
Speaker 10: Will Grimmer is currently at through fifteen. He's two over not good. The projected cut is one under not good. Let's see what else. Beloved Cyclones their twenty twenty five twenty six home opener is going to be hosting Wheeling Downtown on Saturday, October the eighteenth.
Speaker 1: Go fund me page for the father accused of killing Larry Henderson's got to go fund me page to help him. Rocky reaction segment, Please continue.
Speaker 10: Quarterback Joe Burrow, how about this scene this weekend at the Formula one Miami Grand Prix.
Speaker 1: But Jordan Hudson, is that correct? I don't think well. The pictures I saw is by herself? Here we go? How about you? Got it? Is he taking up with her? Now? I ran into Olgus Saturday Sunday afternoon at Ron's Ruse. I said, Olga, I said, what do you think about Bill? Belichick. And she looked at me and said, he's lost his mind. He's making a fool of them.
Speaker 14: Bill Belichick should be with a woman like Olga.
Speaker 1: I said, would you date some fifty some forty year old? She said no, she said, I'm done with that. I'm done with that. But Bill, that's the kind.
Speaker 14: Of girl Belichick, and someone's going to take care of him for him.
Speaker 1: We fell in love with something else. What's he getting out of this? She got eight million, it's very obvious. Well she got it. She got eight million dollars, she got fame and fortune. Belichick didn't need fame, didn't need fortune. So what's the happy he got the thing? Penetration. Yeah, and August said to me, what happens if she gets pregnant? Then, oh my god, then all you know what's going to break loose. So that's the golden ticket right there. Little Willy, a little Willy comes out like a little turtle head out more.
Speaker 15: Issues in a magazine stand Michigan had Football Cold Your Own More Not Good expected to be suspended for two games for the upcoming twenty twenty five season as part of self imposed sanctions.
Speaker 10: By the Wolverines for the Connor Stallions Advanced Scouting.
Speaker 14: There's a documentary on Netflix on Connor Stallions and the just the how damn good he was at stealing sign You should watch.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable. Like in football, when the guy's on the sideline doing this.
Speaker 14: Right, he's he could decipher within like a couple of drives, you know, because usually there'll be separate coaches like you know, maybe the OC and analysts and like the third string quarterback and which one is the real one either by quarter, by half or by one is given one the other. They're all three given signs, but only one of them is a real sign. He can figure out who's given the real sign, what the play is. I mean he is right, yes, but you're not allowed to go to an opposing schools stadium and the audience or I mean this, there was a report he was on Central Michigan's the chip of online during a game for one of Michigan's opponents.
Speaker 1: But it's legal to do it, and it's frowned upon.
Speaker 14: I would say, look, I mean every school tries to steal the other school signals. It's just he went to extreme links illegal lengths to do such.
Speaker 1: Does notre Dame do that. Does Notre Dame cheat also absolutely not.
Speaker 14: Well, look the helmet, the helmet communication thing is should be an end all that stuff. I mean, it could have been done twenty five years ago.
Speaker 1: Really good at cheating. Didn't want it to be done. That's the that's the brutal truth on that. Like in baseball, you know, on the side of the baseball you have to and the same thing in football. You know, whether you have a two deep, three deep zone, man demand blitz whatever it is, and if you know what's coming, you tell the linebacker in the headset, Hey, they're coming on the right side. Makes a difference. So Michigan cheated its way to the glory of the National Hardball got damned. Now swing more.
Speaker 14: You suspend himself for two games, throw himself at the mercy of the n C Double A, and therefore they won't punish him anymore now.
Speaker 1: On the mercy of the court. I don't know. Again, it's all our balls out of there. Michigan cheated its way to the title, that's all I know.
Speaker 14: You just wonder how many other schools were going to the same lengths.
Speaker 1: That's that's what I what's his crimes? He probably donates money to the go fund me page. He's probably on the case right beyond the case, Rock, what's on the big show at three o'clock, big news conference. I don't know if he'll be on time or not.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we got a news conference of three.
Speaker 1: But cart the family, well they we're going to look into it to see the answers. Yes, this is the lawyers for the Hitting family. My good friend Michael Wright. If loving him is wrong, I don't want to be right, Michael Wright.
Speaker 14: Well, we're supposed to have a guest on air traffic controllers and the shortage and all that sort of thing. That's a three that may have to get bumped back. Got Dean Regus later.
Speaker 1: Asteroid's gonna kill us all everything, everything do all right, Rock, thank you segment. You need to stand tall and don't donate money to this go fund me page. Okay, okay, all right, say give me out of the Stude report, please?
Speaker 10: Will they an honor of the red legs on the road and hopefully it's a better road trip than the homestand easy for you to say, we leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 16: But I wanted to I wanted to make sure I did everything I could to keep us safe while repairing some of the damaged reputation of this office rock.
Speaker 1: What else they have on besides the obvious the news conference at three o'clock allegedly involving the attorneys for the Rodney and the family and the estate they want to sue. They want to sue in behalf of the eighteen year old dead guy. They want to sue on his behalf to get money alleging wrongful behavior by the Cincinnati police.
Speaker 14: Our four o'clock guest, by the way, is an expert on the pope. They're choosing a new pope, but Ross says that I was gonna be good that I mean, what do you like?
Speaker 1: Most people don't know.
Speaker 14: Then most people know about the smoke and the white smoke and the black smoke.
Speaker 1: He's gonna give us the whole rundown. Those who know aren't talking to those and talking. I don't. I don't even know who the contenders are. Well, they got Sarah from from Africa. He's pretty popular. Got the Phillip Sarah from the morning morning show. Is Sarah going to be the pope? She's going in the papacy can't say, I don't know. You talk here every morning, seg you you spend every morning with her, correct three or four hours more. Didn't you say to her one night you want to be called or nudge, I'm gonna you say that they're just gonna go drink a fifth right now? Or is she gonna go into the nunnery? Wouldn't that be something? Seg Now, that would be something. Sarah Alice, sister of charity, Sister Sarah. She gives what's a great movie? Two mules for Sister Sarah. How about that segment, Clint Eastwood, remember that? Remember that segment? I didn't see that one, No, Rocky think I like the Outlaw Josie Wales. I like that one's good. One after three o'clock. Maybe the news conference involving the family representing the young man who was killed because of his own behavior on news radio seven hundred ww