Speaker 1: This is the other side of midnight. They're running a strange program.
Speaker 2: Y'all, with Walter Sterling.
Speaker 3: Oh you stupid gets set to go with Walter Sterling and his wacky show. Whether it's wrong or it's the other side of midnight.
Speaker 4: He has all the news and other people's weather, dead air and jingles weaving together.
Speaker 3: Weird phone calls coming every night, but Walter doesn't stop till it's day.
Speaker 1: Walter has stories that are strange to hear.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they're even funny.
Speaker 4: He'll stop for the occasional advertisement.
Speaker 3: That's how he earns his life.
Speaker 5: He's got Florida stories and stripper's on the loose.
Speaker 3: You know in Shina they call a penguin a business goose.
Speaker 5: That's probably not quite right.
Speaker 4: But it's the other side of midnight.
Speaker 1: I'll get under the colors.
Speaker 6: It's time to go.
Speaker 5: Shut out the lights, turn on the radio.
Speaker 7: He's gonna get crazy for this pain.
Speaker 2: We hope you're not.
Speaker 3: This is the one Starling shot.
Speaker 2: You on the side of midnight.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to musical director Lee Harris for creating that astonishing piece of music. Nothing looked like that heard on any other radio station in America, because only the Casametides have invested in a thirty one piece orchestra union orchestra, the same size as the Ed Sullivan orchestra. I realize Ed Sullivan had a live orchestra every Sunday night. It was a thirty one piece orchestra. All of those musical acts they were backed up by a thirty one And we said, well, we should have a thirty one piece orchestra as well. And there you got to hear it. And there's Pete Pallotti. Pete Pallotti a new father, he has a magnificent one year old child, and yet he's decided to invest a very few hours of his week to save this show. And I am grateful for that. He is our sound immager and engineer, A brilliant, brilliant man who escaped from WFAN, where they think this is entertainment, a sports station. Do you want to know what they think is entertainment?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: What kind of RBI did he have? Did he have any like? Real? What was his RBI? What was his RBI? Inflada dating? It is Friday morning. Tonight is the night of possibilities. Every American on a Friday thinks is tonight the night of possibilities because in your case, the reality is slim, but the possibilities are huge. Inflated dating is the latest trend. I'm sharing this with you so for once you'll be on the front edge of the latest trend, the latest trend. Instead of going out for a first date to a nice restaurant or a good game tickets show, No, you're just going to go somewhere for a cup of coffee because inflation is so big, so huge, that you just don't want to spend money on a first date or a second date or a third date. Now, I want you to think back to when you were first dating. Whether you're married or you're not married, but think back to the early dates. If the person who asked you out said, you know, I really I've been thinking about you for a while. Good seeing you at work, enjoy seeing you at school. There you are in the park, let's go out on a date. And you're thinking, oh really, you're imagining in your head two candles, cloth tablecloth, matre, d fancy waiters, or a Broadway show or a major regional theater at least a regional theater show, a significant summer playhouse show. And then the guy says to you, let's sit on the bench by the water and have some coffee. Well, that's the trend today, Let's sit on a bench looking at the water and have a cup of coffee. It's called inflata dating. Inflated dating. Think back to your early dates, whether you married them or not, whatever, it is just early dating life. And if somebody said to you, let's go sit by the water and have coffee. Would would that work for you? At any level? And if you're a young man and you would, would you have had the gun to say to her? You know that one, the one who made your knees shake when you saw her at the trade station, that one. Would you say to her, you know, I think we should go out? You want to go out? Should we go out? And I know where we'll go. We'll go down by the river and sit there and watch the sun go down and drink coffee. Would this have worked for you? Would you been able to pull that off? Eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two. Because I'm the idiot who used to spend a fortune on every first date. It's when I think back on what I spent on car service. Now that's a lie. I was going to say to your car service, it's not.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: When I was on first dates with her, my first thought was limousine. Yes, I wasted money on limousines on first dates. Would you do this? Would you participate in inflata datings where you just had a cup of coffee on the first state. Would you have the guts to think that this was going to impress somebody? I certainly want to, but it is the trend. Mike, New Jersey, Welcome to the other side of midnight.
Speaker 8: I Mike, are you with you?
Speaker 2: The first dates are the same price they were many years ago when people made a lot less money. First dates today are more money, but they're not more expensive because people are making more money today than they haven't made in their lives, so it proportions out. People keep screaming about inflation. No, you're spending more money, Yes you are, but things aren't more expensive. Not when the minimum wage in New York is what seventeen dollars an hour years ago. When I was growing up, the minimum wage for a dollar fifty an hour. Now, yeah, you spent less money, but proportionately it was about the same thing. So people I wish would stop saying, oh, things are so expensive now, No they aren't. Yourself, how much do you make? I remember a time when a licensed electrician, a license electrician make nine dollars an hour? What are they making today?
Speaker 1: So that ninety they're making ninety? I mean ninety dollars an hour, But.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Yes, even minimum wage. Rich people made eighteen seventeen, eighteen dollars an hour. Now it's the minimum wage. So where are things more expensive? Again? You're spending more money. Yes, and you're going to spend even more money. As the minimum wage goes up. People will keep making more and more and more, and things will start costing more and more and more. You've never seen McDonald's go broke. When you opened up a McDonald's store, that was a goal mine. Now I see them going out of business because people say, oh, I can't afford McDonald's. Why not? Why not? You're you're making more money now when McDonald's was cheap, Well, you made less money. So where are things more expensive? Because people don't know what the hell they're talking about. Your salaries are keeping up with inflation. Now, tell you what you want to have things cheap. Okay, here's what you do. Go to your employer and tell them I want to give back half my salary, and this way you can lower your course and charge less for what you make. Will people do that? Absolutely not because people want to pay nineteen sixty five prices, but they want to make twenty twenty six salaries.
Speaker 1: Exactly. And there happened exactly exactly, Mike, and that's exactly what should happen. Thank you for the call. Eight hundred and eight four eight nine two to two eight hundred and eight four eight nine to to tow. The trend is called infloodating. That's not what I said. I said infloidating, and that means that dates first, second, third, fourth dates are just a cup of coffee sitting on a bench staring at the water. Would you have had the guts to do that on a first date with her? You know how I'm talking about her, the one that took you nine months to get up the guts to ask out? Would you would you have had the guts to say to her, Hey, let's go out on a date. What who are you? Let's go out on a date. I think we'll have a great time, we'll sit by the river and drink coffee. Liam, Welcome to the other side of midnight.
Speaker 7: Hello Walter, Hello Lium, good to talk to you again. So on this, on this topic, I feel as a guy, and also maybe for the gals out there on our first date, like why do you you can have a good time and not spend a lot of money, right, Like if you can have a romantic time at the river or wherever it is and get your your know, your beverage of choice and sit there like and then if a day goes well, then you have another data and then you level up. Why spend money on a first date on a girl or whoever it is that your potential partner is that you may not see again.
Speaker 1: The original thinking was that when you go out on a date for the first time, you want to impress her, and if you're a young woman, you want to be impressed, and that's why men invested a lot of money on first dates. I don't think that's a fallacy. I don't think that thinking is a fallacy. I think that's smart. I think that that's totally legitimate. This idea of going down to the river and having a cup of coffee strikes me is just cheap.
Speaker 7: Or like you said, smart. I mean, like, if you want to impress someone, you can impress them in other ways. If you're the truth is, if you're a good person, or if you're trying to find companionship and ways of compatibility. The way to impress, in my mind, to impress a significant other or potential significant other is being yourself, being genuine and being who you are. And if there's compatibility there, there's love falls in line, and then that's where you impress somebody, not like some for lack of a better term, I'm gonna say some sort of fake Heay, look I have a Maserati and I'm you know, I'm gonna take you to uh, you know in New York City and Peter Luger and I'm gonna say, you know, like, that's not really what's what it's about in my mind, Walter.
Speaker 1: But if you're not secure about your personality, your ability to be candid, you feel you need Peter Luger at your side.
Speaker 7: That's that's for the individual that you know to you know, something that's external. But I would hope as well.
Speaker 1: But look you are yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, but listen, think about it isn't just the guy. The woman wants to see Peter Luger too.
Speaker 7: Well, the woman will get to see Peter Luger after she feels, you know, she may not want to be at Peter Luger with the guy that she thinks is completely boring. Right, Like, if you're at a doubt, let's say, like we're using this this example. You're down by the river, right, it's more casual, it's more low key, it's like more relaxed. You can kind of it's easy, I would say. I would say, maybe it's easier to kind of like hint, like okay, this is really not going well as opposed to where you're like, you know, sitting as as from a woman's perspective, you know, you have to be all like dressed up and everything at a at a formal dinner, and you're like, this is not who I want to be at a formal dinner with.
Speaker 1: Well, that's just my perspective. No, I appreciate your perspective, Liam, and I appreciate you calling very much at eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two eight hundred eight four eight nine to to Tony, Welcome to the other side of midnight.
Speaker 9: Also, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm excited the guys.
Speaker 8: That guy is one hundred percent wrong. I have a printer. You talk, you talk about printers, right. I want to inch for the printer a year ago. I buddy, ink, it's seventy five hours for the ink. I want to get the ink at Walmart. One hundred and sixty seven dollars for the ink.
Speaker 1: What kind of printer is? What kind of printer is this ren?
Speaker 8: What'll print? The HC printed? You know what printer? I don't believe. I I went to I was like one hundred and sixty seven dollars. I thought it was it was like a misprint. Hundred Is that crazy?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: That is crazy. In fact, it's really hard to believe. And I thank you for the call, Tony, thanks for calling. Eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two. Infloodating, inflidating, to be careful how you pronounce it, because it could come out very wrong. Inflidating. That's the hot trend. The trend is to go on a date, first date, second date, third date, for just for a cup of coffee. You go for a cup of coffee, You sit by the river, you stare at the fish and the rats at your feet, or you go to the park have a picnic. By the way, my opinion, anytime I ever see the suggestion of why don't you go to the park and I have a picnic, it's a worst suggestion. I can't think of anything more miserable than going for a picnic in a public park, wondering when the rodents are going to visit our picnic? What was on that dirt before dogs? Disgusting? Anyway, I'm Walter Sterling. Let's you and I talk about inflidating At eight hundred and eight four eight nine two two two. It is Friday morning heading into Friday night. Everybody the Other Side of Midnight from the Red Apple Audio Networks.
Speaker 10: The others signed mid with Walter Sterling. It's the Other side of Midnight with Walter Sterling.
Speaker 5: The biggest all night show in American radio. Hi, I'm retired detective Vic Ferrari And on tonight's episode of Confessions of a Retired Detective, what happens when a lazy, useless cop gets promoted to saugeant and then immediately starts ordering underlings to start making arrest and things that they would never have done when they were a cop coming up in moments with Walter Sterling on the other side of Midnight.
Speaker 4: Rotissory Chicken theft details later, the people of Walmart Walter Sterling on the other side of Midnight, Red Apple Audio Network Florida, America's favorite phallic state, dangling out in the ocean.
Speaker 10: I'm James Parker, Florida Stories yet to come on the Red Apple Audio Networks, and.
Speaker 6: You want me to read this? Well, okay, the drive through brew making its return. I guess you're not gonna hear this anywhere else. It's on the way coming up.
Speaker 3: Everything swinging, everybody's singing.
Speaker 5: You're with Walter Sterling on the other side.
Speaker 1: Of Midnight with Robert Clotworthy, the voice of ancient Aliens, the voice of the Curse of Oak Island Gold, the man who voices all of the shows that we watch in silence and private, when our women companions are doing something else and we actually get to choose what we want to watch on TV. We are greeted by the voice of Robert Clotworthy.
Speaker 11: Hello, Robert, I am hungry, Walter. I all that talk about Peter Luger's.
Speaker 1: Isn't that remarkable? Have you been to Peter Luger.
Speaker 11: I have not, but but Kevin Burns, I know, we talked a little bit about him last week, the late creator of Ancient Aliens in Curse Boak Island. He actually had a Peter Luger's credit card. I know they only take cash, but a few people have an account. He had an account, and he would give steaks, boxes of steaks as Christmas gifts. He even flew. He was you know, he did he does the Unknown, did the Unknown or with William Shatner, and he was flying William to something and he said, you know what, let's stop off at Peter Luger's. It's on the way. They had the jet change course go to New York so he could go to Peter Luger's and have lunch.
Speaker 1: And in fairness, Kevin Burns looks like the sort of fellow who would enjoy lunch at Peter Luger's.
Speaker 11: Oh my goodness, yeah, he I'm sure could finish the stake, no problem. You know out here there's a place called rus Chris in Beverly Hills. When that was there, not only was he a regular there, they actually had his name on one of the booths.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't doubt that for one second. He would be a larger than life character from birth.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Now who runs the show?
Speaker 11: Now, there's when Kevin passed away, he left the production company to three people. Joe Lissard, which was who was his personal assistant. He was, you know, he was Kevin's right hand man. Kim Egan, who he's known since he was in Boston. And then Dave Comptwice, who was actually his teacher's assistant when he was teaching film at Boston University. So they go way back. They've they've known each other a long time. So the three of them are now the people that run Prometheus, and I got to say they're doing. I mean, they've taken what Kevin created and made it even better. What century all tell wonderful Kevin stories.
Speaker 1: I'm sure every television series that I've ever known has been run by the type of person that Kevin Burns was. They are they have to be larger than life just to deal with the bureaucracy of their distributor. Yeah, and to deal with the bureaucracy of production unions and egos and oh my gosh, they and they have to feel that they're always right. But his vision is brilliant because a lot of television producers that I have known, they have very big ideas, and they're very good ideas, and they have insanely expensive ideas, and that hurts them getting them on the air. Where Kevin's ideas meet all the criteria but appeared to be economical and makes sense.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he was. He was brilliant in that way. He really understood what the public was interested in. He was a fan of television and a fan of those shows. I mean, you know, he did the all those biography shows. He was in doing narration for a long long documentaries for a long long time. So we really understood the business. And he just had this ability at his fingers on the pulse of what the what the public was interested in.
Speaker 1: Now, this week there was Robert Clotworthy news five thousand explosions were slammed against the moon to see what would happen. And well, and.
Speaker 11: By the way, thank you for sending me that the Sumerian texts or the cuneiform tablets that talk about the Earth before the moon. And by the way, I think we're going to be doing another episode about the moon.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, And I'm sure that that was what I sent you is practically a script for one of your next shows.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, thank you.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: But I think what was interesting this week was that they slammed a rocket into the Moon on purpose. And Doctor Sky, one of the hosts on the Red Apple Audio network. Doctor Sky has has a big telescope. He lives in Arizona, no ambient light. He studied it. He was staring at that moon and he saw nothing, and he knew exactly what it should. I think, well, maybe this is a conspiracy. Maybe nothing did land on the Moon. Maybe they just said it. What do you think?
Speaker 11: I think the Moon is a giant mystery that's that's floating around out in space, that has got so many secrets and mysteries that we need to figure out. There's a lot going on in the Moon. What it is, why it is is one of the great mysteries of life. It affects our moods, It affects so much of our day to day life on our planet, and I can't imagine not having it there. But I believe that it wasn't there at one point.
Speaker 1: I believe it wasn't there at one point too, But the Earth had to be dramatically different than it is today. The oceans had to be dramatically different. But one of the things that I find amazing is when I asked, why did we explode things on the Moon this week? What was the purpose? And the purpose was to do a number of tests relative to the light of the sun, because I had learned that for the first time, I learned that the craters do not get one hundred percent exposure on any given day, only about if it's a crater, only about half the time does the sun hit it, and the rest of the.
Speaker 11: Time, and that's why you think there's actually there's actually ice crystals there.
Speaker 1: But then then I said, well, okay, that's nice. What doesn't matter, And they said, well, it will effect where we establish bases to live, and the logical place for bases to live is in the craters because there's the shade and the sun, I said, And I said, who the hell would want to live in a crater on the moon? This this sounds like a bad plan. I mean, the outcome does not seem optimus.
Speaker 11: So you're not going to be signing up.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it makes a little more sense than take a trip to Mars. That's where you'll die. I think it's better better never coming back.
Speaker 11: No, never coming And think about it when you when you're in space, you grow taller.
Speaker 1: Oh oh really that when I missed them? Was that like a whole segment on your show that?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know I was. I was talking to my friend NASA and I said, what's you know? Tell me some peculiar things about space travel. She said, well, they discovered that, you know, your your spine starts to get longer. Wow, you actually get taller and your legs are useless. She said, a perfect astronaut would be someone with no legs wow, because they just get in the way.
Speaker 1: Now, do you have information on upcoming episodes of Ancient Aliens that you'd like to show?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I just did one this week, and it's a biography where we talk about avvy Lobe and the Harvard astrophysicist. He's actually the head of the Harvard oh god, what is it astronomy department and his life story about how he has become you know, first he was a skeptic when he came to UAPs, and now he's I think working with the White House and is leading the investigation into UAPs.
Speaker 1: And he says that it's a lot different than what we've been told, Is that right?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're gonna reveal that on your show.
Speaker 11: We will be revealing that. We're going to dig deep into his theories and his book, and he's interviewed. It's a really really good episode.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: So he's the man in charge of how much we get to see and when in terms of the government files. Is that right?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 11: And he's I believe so. And he's a guy that really wants the information to be out. You know, he was you know when Muhamua was first discovered. He was the one that first posited the theory that it was an extra extraterrestrial craft.
Speaker 8: Got it?
Speaker 1: What day is that going to air? Do you know?
Speaker 11: Who the heck knows? We just recorded it this week. I'm sure it'll be probably a month or two out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're you're the vo guy. How much posts could there be? They could probably put that out.
Speaker 11: Tomorrow, they could they could well, you know, maybe not tomorrow because I'm sure I'll have to go in and do a few pickups really, but certainly within the next week or so. It all depends on the History Channel and how they factored into their schedule. Robert, it seems like we don't do ten in a row. It's like we record them, but then they do two. Then they wait a couple of weeks to another three, so they release them in blocks.
Speaker 1: I learned this week that they shoot three Price of Rights in a day, three and when mister Barker was alive, they did one because that's what he wanted to do.
Speaker 11: But now I've been to a CBS on Beverly, I've worked on Young and the Restless when they were doing the Prices right and it was on another show. I'll tell you a few of those experiences because it was wild.
Speaker 1: It was an amazing technical achievement when they do that show. But I thank you, Robert Clotworthy, the voice of Ancient Aliens, the voice of the Curse of Oak Island Gold. I hope you have a great weekend. Thank you for being on the show. Never listen to the radio needlessly, just when you must, only listen.
Speaker 5: To a show that's produced by folks you can trust.
Speaker 3: You can listen confidently to the other side of midnighte Walter Sterling's calling numbers are listed in your Yellow Pages.
Speaker 11: The biggest all I showed American.
Speaker 1: Radio with mattheyas Boom Boom from Hollywood, Live in Hollywood. We just had Robert Clotworthy, the Voice of Ancient Aliens, live from Hollywood, and now we have matteas Boom Boom in Hollywood, live from Hollywood, with the most shocking news imaginable about Sondaya sindeya her.
Speaker 9: Yes, what is the shocking news?
Speaker 1: Tell me she as of today is the highest grossing actress in the history of Hollywood. Nobody has grossed more, No actress has grossed more than she has as of the state.
Speaker 9: Isn't that fabulous? And I think a lot of that has to do with how well Spider Man is doing. Because in six days worldwide, one billion, one hundred and eighty eight million, one hundred and seventy six, four hundred and thirty four dollars.
Speaker 1: And yet if my daughter sees the spider they run to me to kill it. Well, I guess well they don't. Well it proves that it proves that women don't know how to invest.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna I'm going to plead the fifth there. I don't you know, I don't want to to have an opinion on the investment ability of.
Speaker 1: Oh, actually, but you do, because that's how you get ratings in talk radio, the way you get ratings in spoken word radio. Who is the new spoken words? Shut up these arrogant a holes. You say things like that and you present them as radio facts, radio facts, radio facts.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, and speaking of moon facts about the moon, why don't they just ask Alice Cramdon. Wouldn't that be a lot easier?
Speaker 1: She yes, it would have been much easier to just ask her, But she may have been distracted by all the noise around her.
Speaker 9: Of the explosions. Yes, in the craters, no doubt, no doubt. I'm fascinated by this inflidating thing. You know, you're out there on the park bench. Suddenly the coffee spills, and then are you caught inflidating de licto? Is that?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 1: Wow? Very good, very good?
Speaker 9: Just checking it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, proves again that you're the only aerodype person who is on this show. Everybody else who's on this show is marginal at best.
Speaker 9: Oh, I don't believe that, because I loved this show and I love listening to it. I learned so many fabulous things on this show. And speaking of infledating, the movie that came out this week ties into this in a way. It's a movie called One Night Only from Universal Pictures Walters, and it poses the fictionalized concept that there's a national law that prohibits sex between singles in the USA except for one night each year. So imagine this in New York City. Two strangers literally bump into each other. One is Owen, He's a pizza parlor restaurant owner. He's played by Callum Turner, and he's dumped by his girlfriend just as this night of night begins. And there's also the hopefully romantic Alley played by Monica Barbarrow, and the two may be the only two people in the city that are looking for something longer lasting than the one night of the year when they can enjoy a roll in the hay, or at least when it's allowed. So allegedly this is a romantic comedy Walter, but it really falls short of both of those genres. I mean, the funniest moment in the movie you'd appreciate this is when Oen oil's a lies film shoot on the street in New York and the shoot involves two cops. One is played by Bobby Bobby Cannavale, who's a fantastic actor, and Pete Davidson. They are these two cops. They're having this scene and this actor walks in and spoils it. And the reason the production company is shooting on the street in Manhattan at this time is because everybody is busy getting it on, because it's the one night of the year the singles can get together, and so a lot of film productions happening. That was the funniest gag in the whole thing. Mollie Ringwald shows up in this and she's playing Owen's mother. Yes, Molly Ringwald is now playing maternal roles and has a bubble wrapped sex romp with LeVar Burton. You heard me say that they're both bubble wrapped. LaVar Burton and Molly Ringwald. They both come from Sacramento, which is interesting, although I don't know if Sacramento is the bubble rap capital of the world. But anyway, this happens, and of course this is upsetting to poor the guy who runs the pizza parlor because trying to find a place with the new girl to'll be able to enjoy the evening has allowed but now they just keep missing each other and missing each other. It's this movie descends into the vapid viscosity of a dud. I mean, I laughed three times, and that wasn't enough to make me suggest that you should see The Forgettable one night only, but hey, you know I appreciate these What was that?
Speaker 1: What was that sat sentence? Again? You just said about viscosity? What was that sentence? I want to hear the whole sentence again to see if you can't say it three times fast.
Speaker 9: Well, the whole thing descends into the vapid viscosity of a dud.
Speaker 1: You know, hey, Pete, would you pull that that piece of audio and I'm going to repeat it like eighty or ninety times tonight, which will save me a lot of trouble speaking just to pull it out. And then we're also going to use it in a promo probably next Wednesday. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 9: I think that's great. Use what you got, use what you care. Anyway, that's a movie.
Speaker 1: That's what I told her. Now, listen, what movie are you working on this week?
Speaker 9: Well, there's another movie that came out actually this week, which is really quite sweet. It's called Cookie Queens, and it's a documentary about girl Scouts, and I don't know a living human being that can resist the sales pitch of a girl Scout.
Speaker 8: It's tough.
Speaker 9: It's tough, especially for the thin mens. Anyway, it's four girls and you see them go through the trajectory of pushing the girl Scout cookies on people and trying to compete to be, as the title suggests, the cookie Queen. It's very sweet. It's a delightful film, and it's a documentary and it's playing all over the place in the United States from Roadside Attractions. It's kind of funny. It's the first movie Roadside Attractions has ever made that's been rated G.
Speaker 1: So there you go for a girl Scout.
Speaker 9: That's right now.
Speaker 1: Listen, that's a real thing. I'm glad you said it was a documentary because it's a very real thing. Each year, there's a huge competition among top tier girl Scouts to be the top sellar, and the top seller sells a tremendous amount of cookies. I believe they are over one hundred thousand dollars worth of cookies that they sell. And yet each year, and I don't mean this in a pejorative way, because we love Girl Scout Cookies is every year the cookies are worse. They're smaller, they're smaller, they use cheaper ingredients. They don't cook them in beef tallow like the McDonald's French fries. They stop doing that there, and they keep getting smaller, and there's less peanut butter. I'm blessed in that. I don't like mint. I realize people fight over the mint cookies. I don't like mint, but I'll fight over those peanut butter cookies.
Speaker 9: Well, it's a cute movie, Walter, Innocence and ambition blend and what is nationally an eight hundred million dollar business those cookies?
Speaker 1: Now is Millie Alcock in this movie?
Speaker 9: But I'd buy any Girl Scout cookie from her right anything in the.
Speaker 1: Case, anything anything she said, we'd buy. And who knows, a year from now, that may be her career. I don't mean to be cruel.
Speaker 9: Well, I think she's going to be on her feet with in no time, with a good vehicle that'll let her and let us all enjoy her at the level that she can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a good vehicle, she'll have a Kia all right. There's Matthias Boom Boom from Hollywood how do I find you on Facebook?
Speaker 9: Sir Mattias Bomball's Hollywood on Facebook, Walter M A T I A S. Bom b A l apostrophe s Hollywood just like the City. Matias Boomballs Hollywood on Facebook.
Speaker 4: You are listening to the biggest all night show in American radio.
Speaker 6: The Other side of Midnight.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Dan in Westchester, Welcome to the other side of midnight. Which side of midnight are you on? There's seventeen sides that we've determined compose the midnight What side are you on?
Speaker 12: Hi, Walter, I'm not familiar with those seventeen sides, but I'm on the other side.
Speaker 8: I guess what do.
Speaker 1: You have to report?
Speaker 13: Dan?
Speaker 1: What would you like to share with our national audience?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm calling just a counter the gentleman who called earlier and was telling everyone to stop complaining about prices and that salaries are keeping up with inflation.
Speaker 1: By the way, by the way, I want you to say what you're gonna say? All I could kept thinking of when he was saying that was a speech given by President Biden. Biden about two years in said, well, yeah, yes, prices are going up, but people are earning more money now, And I'm like, really, I don't know of anybody earning more money now relative to how much those prices. Remember when Biden made that insane speech and then they yanked him off the stage and gave him oxygen.
Speaker 12: Yeah, oh yeah, I remember all that. I'm glad you say that because I thought you were agreeing with him, But I guess you were being.
Speaker 1: Sarcastic, not me, So you're kidding, all right.
Speaker 12: So that gentlemen sound a little older, you know, boomer generation, and they're entitled to their opinions. But you know, I'm kind of middle aged now, so I see both sides. And for instance, my granddad in the fifties and sixties NYPD cop, he was able to buy a middle class home in the New York City suburbs for I think.
Speaker 8: Two x two times his salary.
Speaker 12: Now to buy a comfortable middle class home in the suburbs, let's say seven eight nine hundred thousand for guy making undergrand that's eight nine times a salary.
Speaker 8: Now you can say that's keeping up.
Speaker 12: With the Joneses. You don't need a house that size, But what are you gonna do buy a house for three for Warner Gay now? You're in a probably a subpar neighborhood. So another example is grocery store prices. You go there and many items, not just eggs and milk, are two three times what they were just five ten years ago. So that's I understand everyone's always going to complain. But there's a reason people are complaining about prices. It's you go to the store and you're shocked.
Speaker 8: I used to be able to.
Speaker 12: Get a haircut five ten years ago for twenty twenty five bucks. Now it's thirty five forty bucks. That's one point five.
Speaker 8: Two x what it used to be.
Speaker 12: So there's a reason people are complaining. And I don't know what he's talking about. Salaries are keeping up maybe in certain industries Wall Street Tech, not every industry, not my industry. It's not My salary hasn't gone up one and a half two times what it was ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Nope, no, nope, nope.
Speaker 12: I wanted to know you're you know your mind. It seems like you agree.
Speaker 1: The house that I grew up in my father bought for eighteen thousand dollars. I saw that it was sold last month for one point one million dollars. Right, it's insane.
Speaker 12: Like all the power to you know, the boomers whose houses have gone up, you know, double, triple, quadruple. But my generation, I'm lucky. I don't really have any debt or loans. But a lot of my generation was hoodwinked into college scams, took out massive loans.
Speaker 9: And this was you know, this was.
Speaker 12: A part of the Bernie Sanders movement. I think the loan forgiveness and I used ten years ago, I used to be totally against that and socialism, but I think some people who gave out these these reckless loans need to be held responsible.
Speaker 1: Well, I do too.
Speaker 12: I think the far right and the far left are coming together over the last few years. I'm a lot more in common with with the Bernie Sanders crowd and the MAGA crowd that is kind of transitioning into the you know, way up economically America first crowd, whatever you want.
Speaker 8: To call it.
Speaker 1: I don't think that there's anything wrong with loan forgiveness for college students. I don't find that as a moral issue. I don't find that as g they should work their way out of debt like the rest of us. And the reason why is an interesting trick that is rarely discussed. The reason that college has increased so much, it costs so much more than it used to, is not because they're paying professors more. They are not. They are not paying adjunct professors more. Many adjunct professors live in their cars. It's not because of the staffing requirements for the college's relative to academics. It is because of one thing. It is because of the profound increase in requirements by the federal Department of Education in terms of reporting, statistics, record keeping. There used to be like a nice person in the college office of the chancellor. Now there are fifty people and they're all serving the bureaucracy of the Department of Education. That's where the expense has increased. That is it so the federal government backing loans to pay themselves. Gee, too bad forgive those damn loans. I agree with you, Dan, Thanks for the call. Eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two. Eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two. It's Friday morning. It's Friday in America. It's Friday in America. And as the sun comes up, we see George loading up the garbage trucks and Susan ending her great late night shift, taking care of the hospital so that you're that stupid. Listen, there's this trend called inflidating. In flidating it is a new trend that rather than impressed the girl with a lot of money on a first date, impressed the boy with a lot of money on the first date, or both of them on the first date, good for you.
Speaker 6: You you now.
Speaker 1: Rather than spending a fortune tickets, sporting events, theatrical shows, expensive dinners, rather than doing all that, the trend is to get a park bench, sit stare at the sunshet going over the river, the lake, the ocean, watch a Little League game at the park, eat snacks, and that's the first date. And this gives people, this is the trend. This gives people a chance to talk to each other, to get to know each other. How do you feel about that? I feel it's really bad. Idea eight hundred eight four eight nine two two with Walter Sterling On the Other Side of Midnight from the Red Apple Audio Networks.
Speaker 9: Well, the whole thing descends into the vapid viscosity of a dud.
Speaker 10: The Others of Midnight with Walter Sterling. The Other Side of Midnight with Walter Sterling.
Speaker 12: It's the other side of Midnight Confessions of a Retired NYPD Detective.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Big Ferrari on the other side of.
Speaker 5: Midnight, Hey Walter. On tonight's episode of Confessions of a Retired Detective, I'd like to talk a little bit about a lazy cop who became a supervisor. When I first got to my precinct, there was a pair of female cops. They'd both pear shape, grossly overweight, and whenever we would get the radio car after them, I did a four to twelve. They worked a day shift. The backseat of the car was filled with where they were grazing for their tour Donald's bags, coffee cups, you name it, and would take fifteen minutes just to clean out the car. Plus the combined weight of these two halfers tonnage would break the bench seat of our Chevy Caprices, So my partner and I would often have to go to the local dairy to get milk crates to shove in the back seat so we wouldn't fly back there when we had a step on the gas and her and her partner really didn't make any arrests whatsoever. And one time I was chasing a burglary suspect down Broadway, and I had put it over the radio. Given his description. I see these two female cops standing write in a parking ticket. They see me chasing this guy, and they pretend they don't see me. They don't even stick their foot out. So I captured the burglary suspect. I bring him into the station house. About ten minutes later, her and a partner come waddling in and I start yelling at him, and the desk officer goes, well, oh, I can't have this, and he separates us. He brings us into the must room. He goes, what happened, and I explained, I'm chasing this guy for a burglary. I put it over the radio. They see me chasing him, they do absolutely nothing. So the saw, to his credit, separated him for a while. But that never sat well with me. Well, what winds up happening is this female cop winds up getting promoted as sergeant and she winds up in a busy precinct. But what often happens with cops like this, they forget that they were lazy and useless as cops because they never wanted to put the handcuffs on someone to fill out a report. Now as a supervisor, the job is on the level, it's legit, and they started ordering people around to do what they would never have gotten their hands on. So she's in this precinct and there's an old time cop who had nineteen years on the job. He'd been in a couple of gun battles, had over five hundred arrest He was just kind of riding out his career on the day shift. He wasn't killing himself, but he would do what needed to be done. So one day, this female sergeant who was a zero whole career approaches him and says, hey, how come you haven't made X amount of arrests this month? And he goes, well, I haven't seen anything. And she's on him. She's on him. The guy had enough, So what he did was he went into the computer system and he pulled up his arrests, which were over five hundred. He got a hold of her tax number, he printed hers out, which she had ten, and he put them side by side in the precinct muster room for Walter c. Well, everybody in the precinct thought it was funny, except for this sojeant, who immediately took it down and try to get the cop in trouble, but ultimately our commanding officer when he found out about it, he says, you know, you really leaned on the wrong guy. It is what it is, and she was basically told to back off. So for more behind the scenes NYPD stories, be sure to check out my new book NYPD Behind the Blue Wall of Silence, available on Amazon. Armor Tied Detective Turned Off the Vic Ferrari with Walter Sterling on the other side of Midnight, Midnight.
Speaker 6: Mis Fits Walter Sterling, The Other side.
Speaker 1: Of Midnight Look at That, The Pride of Georgia Joan on the other side of Midnight Readings. Good morning, hellod morning John. You know it's Friday and you and I are having a date right now.
Speaker 13: Yes, yes, and we're having a date that we can both afford.
Speaker 1: Really now, how do you feel about this cheap date business?
Speaker 13: I steel that it's really I just don't get it. I don't get why people are worried about how much you spend or what it's supposed to be you getting to know each other. That's what I always thought. You want to get to know the person. It wasn't supposed to be about the money. Oh, do you feel like if you're worried about how much they're going to spend on you, you're not really worrying about what they're offering you inside or what they're doing to make you feel better. You're just worried about the cost.
Speaker 1: Now, it's a beautiful woman. Didn't you feel when you go on a first date. Don't you feel when you go on a first or second date that the young man should flatter you with a really nice dinner or terrific show.
Speaker 13: No, I would rather him take me on a picnic, or take me for a walk under the stars or something, show me that he wants to get to know me and pay me attention, and then maybe the second date we can do that. But I want to know he wants to get to know me first, wants to talk to me. It's not about the costs, it's us getting you know each other.
Speaker 1: At the end of a first date, do you accept a first kiss or a kiss on the cheek see you later.
Speaker 13: It's one of cheeks see you later. I can tell you that I was a virgin, that I got married, and I didn't get married til I was twenty six.
Speaker 1: It's good to meet the one who was a virgin until she was twenty six. But I totally understand and I was taught that a first date is to get to know somebody. It's almost an interview and then a peck on the cheek, have a nice night, see you another time, not anything more. That's what I was taught, and that may make sense, and that's what I tell my daughters, and that's.
Speaker 13: What I've always Still I'm really into all movies like Carrie, Grant, Clark, Gable, Rely Monroe. So I think I got some of that from that. Right when I got older and I found out what they were really doing, it just kind of took me for a loop. Well, I thought they were. I thought they were doing everything they did on TV, but they were not. In real life. They weren't doing it. Everybody was sleeping with everybody and doing things.
Speaker 1: Wow, it was. It was shocking. Hey, Joan, thank you so much for being on the Other Side of Midnight with Walter Sterling. Cheap Dating eight hundred eight four eight nine two two Red Apple Audio Networks The Other Side of Midnight