Speaker 1: Uh Claudi and eighty five for the highday over night low sixty two. Eighty seven was Sun Tomorrow, over night low sixty three Sunday and ninety on Friday sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Now time for final traffick Chuck from the UCLT Tramphics Center.
Speaker 3: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is open, the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care is here called five one, three, five to eighty five UCCC new wreck on two seventy five, this time to northbound. It is at twenty eight and they're over on the right side. Traffic slow from before the Milford Parkway. Part of that from an earlier wreck out Love one inbound seventy four backs above Montana northbound seventy five is running over a twenty five minute delay between Turfway and Town. Chuck ingramon fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey forty seven Here fift five KRC Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Happy Wednesday, com Please to welcome back to the fift five CARC Morning Show. Formerly did the Politics Extra Common column in the Cincinni Inquiry. He then shifted over to sports his pasth Today we were talking about the intersection of Politics and Sports. Welcome back to the fifty five KRCY Morning Show. Jason Williams. Good to have you on today.
Speaker 4: What is up? Brian? Great to be back with you. Always always enjoyed being on Todd KRC.
Speaker 2: And you know what.
Speaker 1: I saw the subject matter and that you were on my rundown, and I thought I hadn't read the article yet and immediately said I knew exactly where Jason's going to land on this, and I was right, Rise up, Hamilton County taxpayers, Wise up, Wake up, begins your column. The Bengals want to want to unveil this this stadium remodeling project for pay Corpse Stadium.
Speaker 2: Am I reading this? Is this figure accurate?
Speaker 1: One point two five billion with a B in upgrades?
Speaker 4: That would be accurate in terms of what the proposal the commissioners rolled out yesterday. And I'll tell you, Brian, I can you know, I'm no public finance expert or development expert or anything like that, but I can get you an easy, easy, two hundred and fifty million dollars out of that by spending about a minute looking at this proposal. And I immediately went to this because I've been harping on this in my columns on the radio, that it's time for the Bengals to build their own practice facility somewhere else, just like every other team in the NFL. Almost every other team. I believe there's only three NFL teams that only that practice right next to their stadium. Everyone else practices out in a suburb or rural area out away from the home stadium. And so that that's one thing like as part of this, now that this is this is the state. We thought this was the stadium upgrade, right, Brian, Why is then? Why is in there then a two hundred and forty nine dollar practice facility plus a new team headquarters that's outside of the stadium. They see where the current practice fields are, they would be building them a whole new, palatial, state of the art practice and team team complex where all the team corporate offices are. That to me is that's that's excess right there. That is something the county should absolutely not The county shouldn't be planning that. The county let let alone spend any money planning it, let alone pay any money for it. That's something the Bengals can now you know that that would be on them. They can go find their own spot. They can go to the suburbs. There's plenty of green space or you know, developable land in Warren County and Butler County, even in Hamilton County somewhere else. But you would then have to work with that local jurisdiction, whether it's the county and Warren or Butler or Claremont, or even a Northern Kentucky county or specific city of the jurisdiction, for example Blue Ash. You would work with those places on a tax incentive, and it would be like for them, you know, it would be like, you know, the economic development thing where you're bringing hey whatever. I don't know how many employees the Bengals have, but whatever, seventy five employees. Hey, we're bringing seventy five new jobs to the area. You know, we always hear about those announcements. So that's how they That's how it probably should be a pro I don't know. I'm not advocating for another tax subsidy necessarily, but I am advocating for this getting off the books of Hamilton County tax stayers.
Speaker 1: Well agreed, and I guess if they if they negotiated a deal with some other county negotiator to deal with the Bengals on this practice field. They could also negotiate terms of condition to allow them to use that facility for their own local purposes, like you know, maybe have a high school football game there, or a soccer game or whatever, or a concert.
Speaker 2: So and that's what the.
Speaker 4: Dallas Cowboys do with their practice facility out Maya, several miles away from where their stadium is.
Speaker 2: Well, and that makes sense, I guess.
Speaker 1: Could it not be that the Bengals could just build the damn thing next to pay Course stadium and pay for it themselves. Going back to your argument, this is not the stadium upgrade, I would think, and I have not read the multi page original contract we entered into with the Bengals here in Hamilton County, but I would think. I mean, I'm as a lawyer, the wheels are spinning in my head based upon that. It's like, well, wait a minute, no, that is not the stadium. That is not a stadium upgrade. It's like the railroad money can't go for anything except existing infrastructure. This is something completely separate from the stadium.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right. And I mean, that's the kind of stuff right there that's like if I were, which I actually am. I live in Hamilton County and the Hamilton County voter and talkspayer like, I'm pretty kicked off about that because it's like, all right, the stadium is one thing, but then you're going to start getting all this stuff outside the stadium and develop mobile, you know, projects around the state. No, no, no, no, Like to me, that's where you draw the line. I get it. You know, there's a premium that you have to pay to be an NFL city, and certainly we've paid a very very high premium here, higher than most places over the last twenty four years of the life of the stadium. And for for I don't know, I feel a little bit slapped in the face against speaking as a taxpayer. And you know, I'm blessed fortunate to have a column as well, and it's a great responsibility with that, and I take, you know, great pride in doing that column. But I just I looked at that and I'm just that was the first thing I went to Brian was like, no, here's here's the pork. Here's the pork. The pork in this project that can be splashed right out of it.
Speaker 1: Well, that still leaves one billion. Assuming that argument holds water, and he's like, no, we're cutting out two hundred fifty million dollars from the project, it's still a billion dollars. And the Hamilton County taxpayers are largely the ones that's going to be a responsibility for this. But pivoting over, as you point out in your column, the state will also help put part of a foot the bill for part of this subsidy. That means blots out of Hamilton County and Ohio, Warren County, Butler County folks out there, they're going to be responsible for a chunk too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, if you can, if you can look at it like and this is generally what's happening in Buffalo and Tennessee and the general it's you know, it's around that forty range as to what the the private side, which you know people want to they want to they want to separate out. Well, the NFL is going to put this in and the Bengals are going to put this in. And look at it more like that's the private side, that's the Bengals side of things. The NFL and the Bengals are one and the same in this way, whatever whatever the non public money is, so you know, that can be around forty percent. Then you divvy up the other sixty between state and local. You know, I it's generally probably would be feasible over a long period of time, but uh, it certainly. It's just kind of it's just kind of crazy to think that this stadium cost what four hundred and fifty five million I think to build, and now we're gonna pump again pump a billion dollars into it. And again I know that not all that is the stadium specific. Of course, they had to put all those bells and whistles of the development around there, and I just I don't know, I think that was pretty ridiculous and access by the county to do that, and I'm sure it was their way of trying to, you know, appease the Bengals and like, hey, you know, because the Bengals for years have wanted all that stuff around the stadium. It's like, nah, like you're gonna get You're gonna get a hold basically a whole new stadium, and then you you let you let the private sector or the county worry about how things go outside the stadium.
Speaker 1: Well, it's important elections have consequence at Lisha East and East Street House. Stephanie Dumas currently responsible for negotiating the new lease agreement. And of course you would think going forward it would specify any upgrades relate solely to a stadium. Anyhow, Jason Williams, thanks for standing on top of this and bring them our attention. Get in touch with your commissioners, telling them to protect your best interest. And you know, interestingly, Jason, you and I didn't even get to the point where we discussed are these upgrades to the actual stadium even really necessary? I leave that. I leave you with that point, Jason. I'll be reading what you write. Keep up the great work, my friend, and thank you for the teacher. We'll talk soon. Fifty six Orlando signs on the program. Earlier Frank LeRose on voting. We heard from the author of the new of his new book, Tiny Blunder's Big Disasters Book two. That was Jared not He's an interesting and funny guy. Judgment Politano and Jason Williams podcast at you have kcy dot com. Tune tomorrow the latest from the on the Brown Moreno Race in Ohio for Americans for prosperity, have a great day, folks, don't go way. Glenn Beck's coming up.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump, It's what motivates your vote, the biggest unifier for the Democrats. Fifty five KRC talkstation. This report is sponsored by Behavior