Speaker 1: All right, what's up? Welcome everybody I've got with me, Ryan Katsu Rivera. This man is a powerhouse, not just of writing, not just of ninja skills, not just of guardian spirit, but also impressions. We didn't know any of this until fairly recently. When I looked up this dude's background check with my palanteer NSA technology, I found out everything all about him, what he's into, all of his weird kinks, not just joking. What's up, Ryan, dude? How you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing pretty good. Well. I feel a little exposed now that my kinks are known by the US government.
Speaker 1: It's all good though. We're all Feds around here, so we're just glowing. Guys. This man is again a treasure. He co writes the Sam Hai Show with me, and we've had such interesting writing sessions and conversations that I wanted to get Ryan over here on my channel and we're gonna have a chill chat session. We're going to talk about influences, favorite comedy shows, favorite comedians, what inspired us, what inspired Ryan, et cetera, his path from previous writing gigs to where he's at now. Tell us a little bit about you first, though, you are an interesting ninja person of some sorts of skill sets. I'm not exactly sure.
Speaker 2: What person of some color, some color, some some.
Speaker 1: Well, we like color around here because white people are boring and don't season things, and so you're seasoned.
Speaker 2: That's what I would just say that I'm a white with turmeric. I suppose I also have a fake I have a fake plant right there as well too, not that yours is fake, but you do have matching palms.
Speaker 1: Mine is fake. I have an inward pass from two different black people, including the Hodge Twins, So I think I think I'm pretty good on also being honorary black dude. But you're honorary white dude. So yeah, right, so yeah, let's let's get into you. You were doing stuff with Gavin prior to Gavin, What got you into that? What was your pathway into writing funny things?
Speaker 2: And so other other teammate Pat Dixon also on the writing team. He had a show called New York City Crime Report on Anthony Coumie's network, And uh so, I think the pipeline was a fan of OPI and Anthony. Actually, well, yeah, a fan of Op and Anthony stuff. And then Anthony's he started his own network, and then I did an impression of Pat because he I was watching Anthony's network before Pat joined it, and when he joined it, it was just like who is this guy? He looks like he was like he has the vibe of like being in the thirties or something. He wore a suit and ass like this like this, and so I was like, what the hell is that? Who is that thing? They don't know? But he was like really fascinating and he had a really tight show. He's the one that kind of format pilled me because the other shows are great, but they had more of a like a pot casting nature, and he kind of like had like a tight segment news stuff. We get graphics being pulled up. And so I got involved in writing my own stuff and then doing impressions, learning new impressions like really like a really niche people like a guy named Chris Laker. Wait, yeah, I think that is his name, and then teleb Starks. These are people that like they're great people, but like not a lot of people know about them.
Speaker 1: So now this is what was great about like your your skill set. It was like you start, you start pulling out people that I don't expect to be impersonated like whacking ball. Oh yeah, you leave me messages and I'm like, wait, was that actually a message from WAC? I don't even remember where was that Ryan doing WAC. It's like, it's that good.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if i've I don't know if he knows that I could do a WHAC. I don't know if I would like that.
Speaker 1: It's good. I feel like your tempole was really good too. I was like, damn, dude, this guy has put me to shame.
Speaker 2: Listen, man, it's crazy. Well, well, well the Democrats are added again. I need a beanie. Yeah we go.
Speaker 1: Now, in high school, I was the dude that was doing impersonations of all the teachers and stuff. Were you that guy in high school too?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's crazy? Yeah yeah, yeah absolutely, And there's not a lot like I feel like that's not super common, so that is fast. I didn't I didn't know that about you. Did you get in trouble a lot in school or were you just.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, we got in trouble a lot. In fact, we were like pranksters, And I think that's why a lot of like prank based comedy or trolling style stuff has always vibed really well with me because we were always pulling pranks on other schools and trying to get stuff like I'd say, I shouldn't say this because it might get me in trouble. But one of the craziest things we did was, and we actually did this to make a point. We got a official slow boy person who was on the are they retarded spectrum? We got him elected class president. Oh yeah, he actually won, and we did it on purpose to teach the mean girls amongst the cheerleading squad a lesson, and they taught him a lesson. They that although they the principal sided with the mean girls and gave it to the cheerleading chick. We felt like the slow boy who actually won should have gotten it. But so we're very familiar with election theft, going all the way back to high school.
Speaker 2: Really it was unfair what they did too. Are We call him are. His name is Todd, but we call him are right. It's really bad what they did because the mead girls they said we got the votes, but we looked at the votes. We they manipulated them. They did bad stuff, and we're going to stuff them in lockers, give them noogies, Indian burds.
Speaker 3: Not great.
Speaker 4: What they did not great. What they did they used to have an R next to the name.
Speaker 1: I thought it was Republican.
Speaker 5: Turns out I was retarded.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable.
Speaker 5: What they did probably stole it. I don't know if you believe that they steal it, but I think they do. They probably did.
Speaker 2: Are for retarded. D is not for democrats. It's for dumb bitches, because that's really what we.
Speaker 1: Were up to do.
Speaker 5: That's what these cheerleaders are. You know, they're very dumb bitches. If you look at the cheerleaders, they're probably not very smart. Can't do arithmetic adding, none of the time stables, none of them know their timestables.
Speaker 2: Probably a lot of cheer following. I called it cheer following because not a lot of leaders admit when a man like this Todd picking his nose boldly and need to get in the middle of class, that's real leadership.
Speaker 6: Now, I want you to get out there with the Trumps and get in their faces at the gosoline stations and at the cafeterias and the saloons, and I want you to make them sorry for what they've done. And we're talking to the race of Trump rought here on the screen.
Speaker 2: My name Max wad you know, Maccian. I didn't know you were going to drop saloons, Okay, I was. I was prepared to take a sip because I thought you were going to quote your own thing verbatim, because I remember when you said gasoline stations. I said, nobody says that anymore, but you brought saloons.
Speaker 7: And I spin that down there with the huss Is at the Saloons where they've got him up on the they're on the off the top of the second floor of the Saloons with what ladies of the evening swamps now spagetting peed on get out there on the faces.
Speaker 1: I like how everything she said it just sounded like just pure like dementia stuff, but it was like a dementia patient from like eighteen ninety.
Speaker 2: Well, she's doing the thing that where she has a microphone but she's screaming to the crowd and she doesn't and then what we're hearing is just just yeah, that's a wild clip and she's got the gain.
Speaker 1: The gain is cranked all the way up like a Sam Hide video where he's screaming on his life stream in like nineteen and like like ten years ago.
Speaker 2: It's like I believe, yeah, I believe. She did do a selfie mirror video too, where she was tormented her mom.
Speaker 1: All right, so all right, so so how did you get in? So it was Pat Dixon brought you on they were doing this antet net. Did you have a kind of an internet? Were you doing impressions before u Cumia and Gavin Era or or did you just immediately jump into that.
Speaker 2: Oh no, just yeah, just in like the very primitive sense, like amongst friends and stuff. I was like a music guy, you know, just in bands and stuff, and so that was kind of like but I was, you know, kind of class. I was clowney in school. So maybe not a lot of people who were surprised when I started doing stuff like that, but it was interesting. Like I was working at a Japanese restaurant owned by and that's kind of like the start of all that, Like how I started listening to Opien Anthony too, because like my boss's Korean was and then and my coworker was Ecuadorian and so I just couldn't like there's just not a high form of humor that you could do with a language barrier like that it's all like slapstick basically, or like making fun of Chinese people was pretty big. But so I would just listen to Opien Anthony to sort of like get my humor at I was like, I was in a kitchen by myself most of the day, so just listening to tons of Opien Anthony and what's it called. So and then I started working at this winery also cooking, and me and my friend would listen to compound media, like on the way up to the winery to Warwick. It was like a forty minute drive. And then a couple of months later, I'm like, on, we're listening to like stuff that I'm in on the app. So it was very strange that it just kind of like happened pretty quick. It started with like a tweet do an impression of that, and then and then Anthony Coomie like retweeted it and that's where that started.
Speaker 1: But yeah, did you are you a millennial or eugen.
Speaker 2: Z Millen's I'm thirty six.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, so yeah, you're a lot closer to my age and I would have expected were you. Did you grow up in that era of like late nineties early two thousands, like Skelluing Comedy and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, anything that was on my channels were just yet VH one, Comedy Central and an MTV mostly and then so yeah, a lot of jackass stuff. So when you did pranks, is that was that what came first? The chicken of the egg? Were your pranks there? And then thus liked jackass stuff or I don't even know if you do, but or was that influential what prank stuff was going on?
Speaker 1: Well, like what we would do, so I had I had a buddy that was my theater partner. We were straight by the way. I don't mean that like we did a lot of theater stuff like that was dual improv and dual interp and back then there used to be tournaments. So he and I were always doing like just pranks at other schools and stuff like that. Like nothing was on the internet. This is back in the nineties. And then I continued going down the path of you know, being interested in media work. He ended up doing like literary stuff, so he became he became a lit teacher in Italy. But we were pretty tight doing that kind of stuff for a long time. But for me, it was just more so like I always wanted to do sketch related stuff or the kind of stuff that we're doing now is kind of what I had in mind. So I always really like stuff like you know Whyest Kids. You know, I always thought that that was a really good Scotch show in the two thousands. I don't know if you ever saw like The State in the nineties. I thought The State was pretty good.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, that sounds familiar.
Speaker 1: It was really ahead of its time for the nineties. It was like it was like the Tim and Eric of the nineties basically, so there was a lot of stuff that was kind of ahead of its time that was unknown. And then about the twenty tens you get things like did you ever see Mister Show with Bob and Dave? That was pretty good too.
Speaker 2: I'm familiar with it, but that boat kind of passed me a little bit. That was on HBO, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like ninety five to ninety eight back, and I think they tried to bring him back, But more so like in the Prank Vein if you remember, Jamie Kennedy had I think was probably one of one of the best comedy shows of all time. In fact, I wanted to give a plug for that because like I got him to sign all of my DVDs and he was like, damn a DVD man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I watched I started watching your interview with your wife, him and you, and he's just like I really liked that guy. I mean, like after some of the Mask, because I was such a mask fanatic, Like I think it all started Jim. It all started with Jim Carrey, like for real, like when I was a kid, It's just like, that's the coolest guy ever. He's bozo nineties everybody legend carry he was the man and so but so after some of the Mask, I was really like and I loved malbusmost wanted but I was like, I'm cutting him out of my life forever. He's dead to me for ruining the Mask. And then now I look back at it and I'm like Jamie Kennedy kind of kept it real, Like he had that like New Year's Special with him and his cohorts and it was so like off the walls, like he kind of keeps it super real. And especially now like when he's come out, you know, and spoken against some things that you're not allowed to in Hollywood, Like I really respect him, and so I was I was hoping that maybe, well the guys were out in LA they'd be able to do a show. But schedules did end up working out. No. Yeah, the schedule is tight. It's hard to do anything. But one day I think we should fly him down for a Sam I show. I think it'd be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be great. I mean I see a lot of like maybe unknown overlap in parallel between what Jamie was doing in the two thousands and what is kind of in the mind of MD and world peace today, and maybe even Sam hid show to a degree, because I mean, what was funny was that when we went and hung out with him and we were talking about his show, he was.
Speaker 4: Like, did you know this is I amk Alchia before mk Alchia.
Speaker 1: Because he's basically playing as if he's all of these different altars, right, and so the whole show is just pranks, by the way, which hold up really well. Not a lot of comedy shows. Every decade that you get removed from a comedy show, it's like even less relevant. It's hard to even you know, like vibe with it because you had to have been in that decade, like stuff from the eighties just doesn't hold up that well because just the mindset in the spirit of the times is way different from the eighties to now nineties is a little more accessible to us, but the further you get away. But I think that some shows can transcend that. And I think even though his was only three seasons, like it just some of those skits are just phenomenal. Man, if you've never seen any of those pranks that they did, and again, it's like it's not like low tier pranks like you know, because Ashton Kutcher actually created that show that ripped off Jamie Kennedy experiment, which is it's way lower tier stuff. But like, I think Jackass kind of has that.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I wasn't never a huge Jackass fan, always like Jamie Kitty experience, but I mean I understand like the just the zaniness of it, which I appreciate, but.
Speaker 2: That's really low tiers. Like Jackass is like let's step on, my dude, gonna step on. Yeah, it's like, okay, did you write this? Now there's a writing it's just how much puke can we puke? But no, Jamie Kennedy, some of those sketches have been circulating around the office, Like Chris Lynch has been showing us the judge one, like the court is he in blackface for that?
Speaker 1: There's a couple of those that he says like, there's no way I could get away with that now.
Speaker 2: But there's one where he's like a plastic surgeon and they have his the husband there and then they bring the wife out with like it she's all boshed up or something like that. Yeah, and he's Felix insane. He comes up as like a freak and it was like fun It was really funny. Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of the best ones is where they come up with a survivor show but it's for kids, and they bring all the parents in and Jamie Kennedy's playing like a sleazy Hollywood producer and he's trying to sell the parents on letting the kids come to survival Island and they start showing videos to what they have in mind. Like the kids are like hits, like like sever hit each other with like spears and shit, and the parents are horrified, but they're like actually kind of sold on it. So it's actually pulling from Lord of the Flies, if you've ever seen that movie. But anyway, there's a lot of really awesome skits in Jamie Kink experience. He would definitely be for Sam hid show, all right, this is what happens or for uh the for PGL.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I popped out for soon It's not you so.
Speaker 1: For whatever reason, sometimes stream Labs just drops the guests and then it's it only happens usually like maybe once or twice the stream but anyway, you're back. I was just saying, like, yeah, he'd be great for like PGL or something like that.
Speaker 2: We've done two shows perfect, Yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: We've done two live shows with Jamie where we kind of let him be the uh, you know, final act of the night or whatever, and he kills it every time. Like he's he knows he's excellent at like knowing the crowd, but also really good at improv, so he can just a lot of those characters and things he's doing are basical good as him improv, which is I think one of the strongest, you know, one of the strengths of that show. But so what else.
Speaker 2: Last thing about him is like he has like a really like oh a gift for like standing there and looking funny like him just his like stansive like this, like his like goofy sort of I'm standing here like that is so rare to be like you're literally funny being stationary, but like this whole Oh, I don't know what's going at, Like his demeanor is is very unique, you know. Yeah, I think he's severely underrated.
Speaker 1: The second top show that we did with him, he came out and basically he was gonna do like his normal routine, but then he just started like acting awkward and just making fun of the audience for about twenty minutes straight. Yeah, and it worked perfect. It was like he didn't end up in like forty five minutes of just like having everybody roll and just with making fun of the audience on the spot. And I know, I mean, crowd work is like its own thing. But I was also impressed with Sam Tripley too, when I'd seen a lot of Sam stand up, but we when we went and hung out with him at the comedy store. He had a gig that night, and I'd never seen him actually do crowd work and basically when he noticed that like his first few routine jokes weren't working for whatever reason that night that we're at the comedy store in la there was like thirty people from Canada. It was like a big, weird, like business trip from a random people from Canada and triply just went for the next twenty minutes just busting on Canada and Canadians just on the spot and just killed it. It was amazing. So I was like, man, my impression of Tripoli has like tripled with the ability to do all of that on the spot. But you know something that was bombing right away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the spark right there if you could. It's you know, I think millennials. I don't know if it's exclusive to millennials, but they've had a peek behind the curtain, and whether it's being jaded or having shows like I Love the Nineties or commentary, whatever it is, it's like we're having aspirations to be somebody that it's like, you know, stuff behind the production. So it's like I'd rather watch, Like me personally, I'd rather watch bloopers than any episode of the Office. I've never seen one episode of the Office, but I've seen all the bloopers because like yeah, yeah, and curb your enthusiasm. I think I've seen two episodes of curb and I know it's funny, but it's just like it's one of those things like always sunny, Like I know it's funny, but I just I don't know, Like I'm I'd rather see stuff like or listen to Opian Anthony because it's like a magic trick. Like their stage work in their routine is like a magic trick. It's like rehearsed and it's it's fortified and so not that I feel like they're pulling a fast one on me, but like it's it's set in stone, like that's their act, that's their set, but it's like almost like a jam band thing or almost like a real like magic trick or whatever, like when you could summon funniness like immediately at a thin air like you're working with in that sharpness was really exhibited well on Oping Anthony because they would get guys in there just talking about whatever, and then it would be some of the funniest stuff like Patresea O'Neill and Bob Kelly whatever, and they're all just crapping on each other and it's like none of this is rehearsed, and it's just funnier than any stand up I've heard any of those guys do, and it's like really super impressive, and like that's what I'm fascinated with, Like that, like that spark of funniness like out of thin air, like and then you'd guy, you'd get guys like guys like Jeff Ross and Patton Oswald, guys that were like top tier comedy guys. Even reckt your base he was okay, like he could hang. But these guys were literally funnier than some of the biggest comics out there. And I respect that, like, and so the crowd work is probably around the same parallel thing. We could just be funny with whatever.
Speaker 1: I think you're making a key point there, which is something that I hadn't really thought about until you were not We had this conversation that day. You were talking about, you know, why you don't really do stand up, you're not really super into stand up, and I think I was I was saying it about five hundred words more what you were trying to say, which was that there's something about the just being a funny person naturally that you don't have to memorize the routine or you know, nothing that's bad, but it's just different than if you're the person who's got the standard wrote routine, because a lot of stand ups have people to write for them, so they might not even be you know, once they've gotten to a certain stature, they might not.
Speaker 2: Even be writing their own jokes.
Speaker 1: But to be like you said, in that radio setting where people come on and they're like the top A list comedians, but they're not even as funny as the dudes on the show. And I didn't even know that. Like, I'm not I've only heard a few clips over the years from Opian Anthony.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not doubting you. But that's that makes my point, which is that it's just a very different I don't know how to describe it, but there's something very different from the path of stand up, which is not bad. I like a lot of stand ups, and like, for example, you know Sam's show was really funny. I didn't. I mean not that I thought Sam was not gonna be a good stand up, but because even when Sam had written out that first routine that he did, you know, this last trip talking a lot about you know, Indians and this kind of stuff, I was like, I mean, it's gonna be funny, but it was actually, like I mean, I it was as good as any like seasoned famous comics, like full set, you know what I mean, Like it was like it had it didn't come off as at all like amateur or it was like a full on professional stand up set. So I appreciated that. And I'm not just glazing Sam to glaze Sam, I mean literally you have I'm not a huge stand up person. Like I like stand ups. I like hanging out with him. I like them on podcasts. I have the most fun with comedians. But like outside of Jamie Kennedy, Theo Vaughn, Sam Tripoli and Leonarda whom I actually got, I got sick at the shows that didn't actually get to watch it. But like that's the only comedians I've seen like the last five years as those people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like I'm totally done. The same thing with music too. I'm just I'm like, I don't know, I I feel like not a lot of good stuff is coming out, but the stuff that comes out, you know, definitely deserves credit. And I used to be like obsessed with stand up. I would watch the same way right like Dan when Dane Cook or Mitch Hedberg Rest in Peace. I mean like even they just it was like nineties music in the sense that everybody had their own world. It was like they had their own little like Dob david Off was not Dame Cook and that was not like that weird got Jeremy Hotts and Mitch Hedberg, like they all had like their own style. And it was the same thing with like on the radio and you would hear like the macarena lou Begas Mambo number five, and then you'd hear like, how about the like that song Habazar with a guy with a lisp, and then you'd hear like.
Speaker 1: Literally everything that we were playing yesterday Fourth of July. I was like my fourth of July.
Speaker 2: Nice all that. Yeah, dude. It's like there would be like horn sections in the in the in songs, and then there would be like I'm not aware of too many things and you know what, and then I'll rip in guitar solo with like a weird auto gate filter. It's like, yeah, there's just they allowed so much to exist and it didn't It wasn't confined. It was just like just throw everything at the wall. And I same thing with the comedians of that era. But now I've been just like I'm allergic to watching any stand up, even guys that like I like, you know, I'd rather I don't know, see them like a podcast something. But when I saw Sam show or really MD show in Hertford, I was like blown away. I was, I was blown away from the I mean Alex with his Alex spot thing was it was like ridiculous, like how well that went over? And it was a real small room and a lot of the security guards were, uh, we're we're brothers and then and it did not stop the content of the of the night. And it's like I was, I was impressed, I was laughing. I was, Yeah, it just went between I'm impressed at this and just laughed my ass off and Nick stand up too. It's like he's he had like a conventionalism that wasn't like I'm trying to be conventional. It just like he had story based comedy. He had some like impression stuff. He had some wacky outer space sort of stuff. Charles was definitely out there and yeah, like Samson, it was really funny. Yeah, and it came like you know that with those dudes, like it's they're not trying to be conventional. But when just them pulling a show together. It's like this stands up like no pun intended against like conventional stuff like this should be out there, but the fact that it's not kind of probably makes it more special. And it's like and you know, independent, the same way that the the new season of Extreme pieces it makes it more of a It's like that thing where like you love a band and then they get famous, you like, they're not my band anymore. So maybe it is good that it's not. But I was I was like stunned. I was like, this is like the best shit that's out there. It really is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I think stand up wise, like there's very few. And again I'm not watching a whole I am a big Theo Bond fan that I don't you know, dislike people just because they're they're big or whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: We we saw the a couple of years ago in Nashville and it was genuinely funny. Like he was doing pretty edgy jokes you know in person that he maybe is edging into doing them on the podcast now. But like a lot of the stuff that people are saying that he's based now, he was saying that stuff like two years ago. But he was just doing it at the live shows. But do you do you think that? I remember Sam said something like he's never watched It's Always Sonny or why his kids, you know, because he doesn't want that to like get in his head because it'll accidentally use the ideas.
Speaker 2: Or something it sounds familiar.
Speaker 1: Is that why you? Because it's to me, it's wild. I'm not dissing you understand, Like, man, this the writing of It's Always Sonny is so good. I mean it's up there with like probably The Office is really well written, but probably up there with some of the some of the best sketch comedy like Whites Kids you know too. But is that why you feel like it would be tainting? It would taint you to watch them?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know, you know, I it's I think I don't think of spoiled by But like I was a fan of MD stuff in like I think it was like twenty eleven, so it's pretty early, and I don't know, and I could just like if a show is on a network, I think at that time I already just kind of gave it its roses because everybody else did, and I was like, yeah, I know, that's awesome. I'm not. I can't. I don't know if it was when you're a certain level of busy, practicing with a band, playing shows or something like, you have a limited amount of time to seek stuff out, and maybe the format kind of escape me where it's like, Okay, this season already happened, and so I'd have to watch the first season to catch up. Or is it like an anthology. I don't really know, but I just knew that it's supposed to be funny, and I'm sure I would find it funny. But I used to make fun of it too, like people be like always, so I'm like, oh yeah, I always sont I got, I put the crack inside of a rooster and then we smoked thero we ate the ham guys, let's get drunk underneath the gutter and there's a penguin and we killed it. It's like, okay, guys, and we get and yet again, I'm sure it's the best, but I just I don't know what my aversion was to it, or even like Kirbyan THEUSAYSM because i'd watch some of these shows and laugh and like them, you know, but I don't know what my grudges against it it's weird.
Speaker 1: Well maybe like I'm a little bit older, so maybe that that era. Like for example, I remember when Tim and Eric came out. That was like two thousand and seven, and I didn't actually like it until about two thousand and nine, Like I had, I had a friend that kept sending me Tim and Eiric clips and I was like, this is just too weird. I don't get it. And then like, oh, I see, okay, so they're they're not They're actually trying to be you know, throwback to like retro TV show, you know from the eighties, like SCTV type stuff. Then it made sense. Then it clicked, and then you know, when m D comes on the scene. I remember I had some friends that were sending me MD stuff too, and it was exact same thing with Tim and Airic. When I first saw it, I was like, I don't really get the vibe. And then it was like, oh, now I get it. And you know, once I saw like the officer baggot and once I saw the you know, hitting the wall a game show like, then I started getting it right. But it's like certain it took a certain thing for it to click. But I want to ask you like one thing I've noticed that it's just totally like that there's some cut off point to where like in the two thousands anything Tim and Eric and then you know mde Sam Hyde like no boomers can at all. I've never met a boomer who likes anything Sam Hide, Tim and Air anything like that. Yeah, why do you do you think it's just so radically like they don't get it at all, dude, I've never met a boomer that likes stuff. And I remember at at the Sam, I don't think there was anybody that wasn't like millennial.
Speaker 2: Now they were all younger than me. I felt like old there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's like, what do you think is the disconnect there that I've been thinking about this for years?
Speaker 2: I don't know, But you know, like every I still think I'm in the same boat. But like when I would watch Sam stuff back in the day, I would always know that like like eighty percent of it went above my head and it was like ingrained in a world that I wasn't even kind of familiar with. I don't know, if it's like deep Internet conspiracy stuff, there's some like commentary on the world and it's angry and I'm like, I'm not angry, what's going on. I'm just eating poison, just like eating like you know, Big Max, and I'm just like, what are you talking about? But there was always this like element of it that was vaguely scary and I don't know how to explain it, but it's like some unknown stuff there. And it's the same way like the third episode of Extreme Piece that just came out has really like tapped into that. And and just you know, seeing these guys working on it and knowing stuff that I know about the behind the scenes and how it's made and all that stuff, it's still invokes that sort of like, man, this is like there's stuff that you can't quite chew on. It's like it's it's got a depth to it, you know, it's like and so I think that might be maybe that's why some of the like always Sonny or Tim and Eric even where And I don't want to like disparage that because I don't know much about it, but it feels a little shallow. It feels like it's not taking the sort of like aggravated commentary on the world or something. It's kind of just like we know Crack is extreme we know, getting drunk during the days dream We know that, you know, like whatever, And it's just kind of a it's a compilation of stuff that we are all we all know is like safely we can all safely put in the box and be like that's crazy stuff. Smoking crack is crazy, getting drunk is crazy, eating rumham is crazy. But when it came to MD stuff, it was like that it wasn't in this box. It was like pulling from areas that I was unfamiliar with and still to this day. And yeah, it's I think that's sort of it. Some of it. They're the fascination with Like I can't fully comprehend this same thing with music too, Like you ever hear a song, you love it, and then you listen to it so much that you know every in and out of it and you're like, I'm done with it. You know. It's like I just could never get there. No matter how much I liked Officer Maggot, I was like, why is he so angry? It was like so they let him spit in the guy's face, Like I'm just caught up on dumb things like that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, there's something almost like dream like about the the ethos of million dollars stream. It's like world Peace is like it's it's it goes into a realm of surrealism that most sketch comedy has tended to avoid. There's only been a few ins. Like I said, The State was kind of that way. They would do a lot of surrealist type stuff sometimes The Ben Stiller Show back in the nineties was kind of surrealist. Mister Show with Bob and Dave would venture into surrealism as well. But I think that is that and the unique aesthetic that MD ends up having sets it apart. I think from even earlier instantiations where like Andy Kaufman was very trully, very you know, I mean, like Sam Hide doing the you know, fake ted Talk is a classic sort of Andy Kaufman style routine of where you're character leaves the stage and enters into the real world and it becomes a performance art where you're tricking everybody. That's peak, you know, real world comedy. And so in a way you could say Sam Hi is like a new Andy Kaufman. But again to back to that Boomer point, it's like, for some reason, I don't know why, like Boomers and gen X could vibe with Andy Kaufman and they got it. But when you have the same presentation. I don't mean to say that Sam's like ripping off Andy Kaubin They're very different, but I'm saying when you have that same sort of fool character injected into society, that's actually trolling the whole society, you know, at a mass scale. For some reason, the Boomers can't jibe with that, which is.
Speaker 2: All I don't think boomers don't like being confronted and that I don't think they like to be out of their comfort zone. And I think my wife made a good point the other day where it's like they'll do anything to like not be uncomfortable, like if it means like inviting somebody to a party that is socially like kind of required, like hey, I'm inviting this person, Okay, let's bring their husband or their wife or whatever. And it's like, oh, I don't exactly like love and adore that person, so I wouldn't want them to be just be uncomfortable. I don't know, they're just like I think they need the comfort so kind of the thing that draws me too, and that dreamlike element or that surrealism that MD provides. It's probably the exact opposite of like they're out of control. They're like they'd have to surrender their sort of you know, view on the world. Their scope is a much.
Speaker 1: Shatagem for a boomer mindset which doesn't really want the absurd right they want and everything is simple, everything's clear, everything is black and white. Yeah, And like you're saying, like Andy Kaufman, even though he was wacky and did sort of trolling, there's nothing in Andy Kaufman that's a threat to the boomer worldview. There's no social critique or he's not disturbing right in a shake your paradigm way, whereas the comedic style of Sam and like even Tim and Eric is just perhaps disturbing to a boomer to see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the actual foundations. It's like we're not playing by the conventional rules. And so the whatever substrate that you've created through this sort of like you know, just smelling your own farts of media just years after years, as you were like, hey, it all goes back to Phonsie, It's like, no, it doesn't, idiot, you know, they love like that. They're like, oh, the good old days where Black and White was like the oldest we can possibly think. You know, it's like the cars. I don't know, but they they it's something to do with the fact that, yeah, it's like I wanted to use the N word for no reason like these but the these guys, these people, I think they have like their own theme song in their head kind of thing, and like it's their movie. You know, boomers have like they're living in the movie. And if you show them something that's like radical and like confronting them and confronting the world that they which is basically just the set for their movie, that I'm sure, yeah, they wouldn't like that at all.
Speaker 1: And it's funny too, how different, Like what's edgy comedy now is basically stuff that is, you know, the type of stuff that you would make fun of in the nineties, right Like if you go back and watch nineties comedies, like they're making retard jokes, they're making, you know, jokes about race. It's it was very commonplace. It was standard comedy. And now that's the edgy comedy that you know isn't on Comedy Central or Netflix shows or whatever. And that's I think, I think obviously the woke shit, you know, killed comedy quite a bit. But any group that didn't conform totally to the woke stuff, which clearly you know, World Peace MD is not that. So it stands out basically as kind of like the last like and I honestly I don't I don't keep up with like comedy anymore because most of it shit. But like, it's just weird that even in the two thousands, right, there was quite a few popular sketch comedy shows like they were going pretty strong. You had Whites Kids, you know, you had Flight of the Concorde, had Arrest of Development, you had Jamie Kennedy had even in the UK, you had things like Mighty Boosh. I don't know if you've ever watched that, but it's it's a pretty pretty wacky, creative British sketch comedy show. You had Key and Peel, you had you know, even mainline shows that were pretty pretty funny. I think Park Parson Wright was pretty well written too. He'll be right back. He like Marty McFly, ceased to exist for a moment, but we will get him back, I assure you. Or maybe he just left. Maybe he was like, I'll screw this shit. I don't like the shows that Jay listed. They're all pure trash and garbage.
Speaker 2: And I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's saying, should he refresh? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Come back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, come back, dude, there we go. Hey, what's up? Sorry about that? It wasn't me, but like I said, sometimes streamline just drops people. But anyway, what I was making was that, you know, in the two thousands, you had like this probably the peak of popular sketch shows or you know, written shows, even like standard sort of sitcom style shows, that there was like next level beyond what was in the nineties. And then you the more that woke stiff started creeping in, the more sketch comedy died to where now there's literally like it's always sunny still exists, and there's now you know, million dollar extreme world peace too. I mean, is that is that I don't even know if there's anything like sketch comedy has died. It's really weird to think about this.
Speaker 2: No, maybe it is really that. Like I mean, when when you limit a form so much where it's essentially you placed a minefield I do an open canvas, It's like, you know, is it worth the risk to even do that? And it's like it's so hard to it would have to be so spun out, like I think you should leave. I think works pretty good because it doesn't even bother like commenting on the wokeness or whatever that Becau's just it's like so infested and it's like you'd either have to honor one side of the next or at least comment on the fact that this is happening because it's so blatant and like heavy handed that it like deserves a sort of like disclaimer before moving forward into something entertaining. But I don't know, but it feels pretty doomed. And then also it's probably the corporatization of stuff and women being involved, and you know, like what's safe, what will work? I don't want to take chances, what if they say something whatever. You know, it's like there's fear, there's there's not like courage. I mean, that's that's just like a bad it's a bad time for anything except like a fully independent funded thing that refuses to die like extreme peace. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, even like Chappelle's show, you know in the two thousands, which was only like two seasons, you know.
Speaker 2: Was it really I think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Wow, nobody calls that like one, you know, one of the greatest ever. And I mean it was. It was good, it was funny. It's kind of hard to rank, you know, like the greatest ever. But did you ever watch Flight of the Concords.
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did like Flight of the Concords, Yeah, because you know what the like, the sort of wackiness of that was like, oh, that's just I wrote it off as that's just New Zealand stuff. So like anything that like I didn't quite relate to. It's like, that's fine, I can't relate to New Zealand anyway, so it's probably why. And I just liked the guitar element. I liked Tenacious d a lot, you know, like I was really impressed by the fleagy goo goos and all that. Dude. Again to Rack and Roll, I don't know why he was trump handing. Frankly, folks, the Rack and Roll has gotten it's trump jack Black got to work on that.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I mean I could tell that was actually a Jackie. I could tell what it.
Speaker 2: Was chicken Jackie. But yeah, I liked anything Good like Steven remember Stephen Lynch is Comedy Central. Yeah, I had the album What you.
Speaker 1: Said you were in a band, like what kind of music did you did you do.
Speaker 2: For it was like there was a grunge band. There was like a kind of three door three doors down down syndrome band.
Speaker 1: So you were an Asian Scott stat.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I was going. No, I was doing all that. I had my hand out like this, and it would move with me wherever I went, it went, and I would sometimes they would rest things there without my permission, but I'd have to sing, so they would put an item. Sometimes it would be heavy, a tungsten rod. My left arm is bralic, my right one looks atrified, atrophied. No. But and then also like a hip hop rock band, which I like to test rap currently but and I had to test the rap vocals in my old band too. But it was it was, It was a blast, and honestly, it really helped the fact that we weren't just a regular singer, regular band because we would do these contests like the break contest in Poughkeepsie at the Chances Theater we did three years, and we stood out because we had like a rap vocal guy. And so although I was like, I really want some melodic singing, I'd always wanted to be in a band. Like I never really listened to gym class heroes or anything like that. So I was like, I liked the Biscuit and Lincoln Park and but the thing about them is they had singing parts and we like didn't. And so I was, you know, it's weird because I didn't. I would fall in love with our music, like after playing it so many times, but like the rap vocalist thing was always a little bit like damn, like I wish we had a singer guy. But I look back at all this stuff we did and I love it and it's great. But yeah, anyway, so this contests the third one. We wound up actually getting third place, but that was enough to get us to the break. I mean to play Bamboozled, which is like a huge festival. The lineup, If I tell you the lineup, it's gonna it's insane, like Lollapalooza, but now it was at Asbury Price like Lollapalooza, but like at the beach. So it was like Asbury Park, New Jersey, like right on the boardwalk we played. We got to play there, so we played inside this huge like stadium type thing. But the main event was outside on the beach, the Beach Stage. It was Mac Miller, Periphery, Incubis Scrillick's, The Foo Fighters, Mike Chemical Romance, Jimmy Eat, World Bond, Jovie. I think I might have said that already. It was it was crazy, it was nuts. And then the second day we realized that we could we had VIP passes, so we're like in the VIP all American rejects walks by and they all have like tiny dogs. I was like, is that just like a bit for this show or did they all walk around all the time with little tiny dogs?
Speaker 1: You mean like Paris Hilton it girl dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, except like on a leash, because that's the masculine thing to do when you have a four centimeter hound. It was crazy and Mac Miller I saw him getting interviewed in the corner before I really knew who that was. I was like, that looks like that guy, And sure enough was Mike Posner, Scrillis and Ellie Goulding like went by us like on a little go kart thing, and he was like, that's what he looked like, like little Corey Felderman with a wig.
Speaker 1: So in a minute, so, what how come did you not pursue the band route, Like were you guys? So you guys were at what like the level of like, oh, we're about to get signed and all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just didn't have our stuff together. Like winning that contest was like, in a way, kind of like a nail in the coffin, or at least started the process and being like, well, that's because we're getting older. We all had to have jobs. And then I think two years after that or so, like we're all just working jobs and we're tired of like hauling gear to places. Maybe that's what it was. We felt like we kind of were on the brink of making it, and then knowing the rat race was to continue was pretty like discouraging. Knowing that we go back to bars for two hundred dollars shows or whatever. It's like, I don't know, we could just call it. We can call it, you know. But we had two really some of the best songs instrumentally we ever came up with. Was like right before we like pretty much fizzled out. I started going down to the city to do compound media stuff. My drummer and best friend at the time he was getting serious with his painting job. You know, Basis was working a job. The lead singer guy, the rapper guy. He's hilariou is. He's still doing he's still living like we were in a band, and he lives in the college town.
Speaker 1: He's the local cover band for.
Speaker 2: You probably I love you, Nate. If you ever see this, I doubt you will. But it's such a pitiful like thing he's chasing like I was in a band. He's so funny, Like he's a really funny human right now. He's into owning a jeep and he's in a jeep community and I saw a video of him recently where he pulls up to other jeeps. He's like, what's your rig's name? He's asking them what they named their jeep and he's like, do the thing, and then the other jeep rolls up on his wheel and it's like this and that's that's just what he's doing. He's probably doing Molly. He's probably creeping on college girls. You know, I'd like to say, hey, you know, we got to talk about how much Jesus loves you, because right now you are pursuing some really.
Speaker 1: Like it's weird to see those communities around cars like I forget which kind of card is it? Jeeps where they put the little duck in the on the yep okay that yeah's and everybody's gonna I'm like, is this some sort of like cult, like a Jeep colt? And I don't know what this means, but okay, so let me ask you about one thing that's even worse than the realm of like stand up and sketch comedy is comedy films. Those have been probably the worst hit. I don't think there's only anything that's funny anymore, A little bit that comes out here and now here, here and there, this kind of wacky. This might be cliche, I don't know, but I find that really the only films that I think are funny anymore, or like when I go back and watch like Jared Hess films, to me, they're still funny. I've liked all of his for the most part. Plnecraft film, which I didn't even realize was Jared has film until like halfway watching it, when I was, you know, doing the analysis for Sam Hide Show for you guys, I was like, oh, wait, this is a Jared Hess film. So it was the first half and then it kind of like got a little worse and worse.
Speaker 2: But who's Jared hess I So like.
Speaker 1: If you remember he's Napoleon Dynamite, this is kind of breakout film. But then every film he's done, I thought, for the most part, was really funny, Like Masterminds with Zach Golf and Akus was really funny. Gentlemen Broncos was really funny. I think he had a role in Sasquatch Gang, which is pretty funny. Yeah, and then then he did, uh.
Speaker 2: The mat Show.
Speaker 1: I didn't know he did.
Speaker 2: He did not show le Bra he.
Speaker 1: Did, That's right, I forgot about. That's the one that was after Napoleon Dynamite. For I've always liked that one too, But.
Speaker 2: The artsy it's like kind of artsy like Napoleon Dynamite for sure is artsy like. And when that came out, it really was like, you know, like the vote for Pedro shirts, like it was so such a like cultural like side step that I think a lot of people gravitate on because something new and fresh and actually like true to itself. That was a huge thing. I had to be careful not to be one of those guys because I saw lots of Napoleon dynamite guys, chapsticks started popping up people drinking gatorade differently. I was like, I gotta be careful, but yeah, I mean, and then also the fake commercial, the karate thing like that in its own it's just yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and speaking of foot fist way, Danny McBride's stuff is always really funny. He's founding down is great. What did you watch Rightsones was awesome.
Speaker 2: I was just about to ask you about that because it's tough for me because like me and my wife will watch it and we've you know, just finished the latest season, but it just gets so much like more degenerate as it goes on.
Speaker 1: The fourth season was so kind of gross, and it didn't need that. It was already really funny without getting, like you said, more and more. Season four was really gross, but I still watched it. I felt like it was actually the least funny of the seasons. One, two, and three were pretty good. One and two are probably the funniest, but uh yeah, I think like he's always gonna be kind of the you know, same old douchebag that he's always but it's always funny.
Speaker 2: For some reason.
Speaker 1: I don't know how he like he maintains for twenty plus years the same sort of douchebag character. That's still funny. But yeah, I mean outside of Danny McBride or a Jared Hess movie, like I just very few films or that funny. I don't know if you've seen what's that guy's name, Taika Watiki?
Speaker 2: Have you seen any of his films? But he did a Thor movie.
Speaker 1: Uh he wrote that, but that which is weird because yeah, you're right, but because all of his other stuff is like wacky Jared Hess style comedy. So he did the Ballot of Beverly Lefflin. I thought that was really funny. He did also a couple other kind of weird, quirky Napoleon Donamal Dynamite style comedies. But I don't even watch that Thor movie, so I have no idea what happens in that. But yeah, it's weird because he went from these weird, quirky comedies to writing doing this big Marvel movie. But yeah, hissed off, I think can be pretty funny. Otherwise, like comedy movies are just trash.
Speaker 2: I know, and I would get my hopes up too. There was in like the late two thousands. It was sort of my disenfranchisement with like Will Ferrell and Jack Black has been a recent Yeah, it's just like the guys that you see the face, you know that that guy is going to deliver and that it just doesn't and one of them looking back is actually really good. But Jack Black movie, it was Envy. You ever see the movie Envy? I am.
Speaker 1: I've always been a defender of Envy. Like a lot of people hated it, I've always thought it was pretty.
Speaker 2: Funny Vy, like the song like it's it's a wet I love it, like I written. Then there's a line from Christopher Walk and we always used to like say from that probably went something like that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's just sad because like Will Ferrell, like that was you know when we were like little normies just at high school. It was like, you know, it's like the human towards Bank. That's another guy who did like a twenty year run of the same guy. Yeah, just like a pompous oaf but it worked. But yeah, it worked, and.
Speaker 1: Then they become like these totally you know, system controlled kind of establishment creeps, which is the worst part of it. But I think yeah, s O Live was great in the nineties, just for nineties comedy that doesn't really hold up now, but like David Spade was great, Dana Carvey at one time was really funny on there, and then I liked Sorry Live all the way up until like the Will Forte, Bill Hayter, Kristin wieg Era that was still pretty funny. Yeah, every now and then there's some gyms that come through nowadays, like cal Mooney stuff is always funny. Colin Beck have been you know, mainstays. I guess it's all right live, but the rest of it is kind of you know.
Speaker 2: There was one that was like one of the funniest sketches I've I've seen from SNL like and I was impressed because it's like you throw so many darts at the board, something's going to hit a bullseye. And it was Neate Bargatzi when he's just as George Washington.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's out of Nashville. So yeah, it's funny because I remember back like in the day, I tried to do a little bit of stand up back in the in the mid two thousands, and that was back when he was like starting to do stand up in Nashville, So it's weird to see him, like he's you know, super stand up now. But he is a funny guy. He can be really funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like my my wife's side of the family's like favorite comedian. It's just like, I don't even know if he's clean. I'm not sure. I've never seen his.
Speaker 1: Act Wives and moms love his money for whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then like edgey or chicks go for the theovon and like, you know, it's like, but if you're like kind of a normy and you're maybe forty to fifty, it's Nate Bargatzi all day. You know what's funny though, the guy who gets a lot of flak, you know, because he just takes his shirt off in his drunk all the time. Burt Kreischer. And I'm no Burt Kreischer fan in particular at all, but I for whatever reason, watched the movie The Bear. I think it's called The Bear, and I think it was for the Movies podcast with my buddy Jay low Res And you know that podcast.
Speaker 1: I don't, but it sounds up my alan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they dissect movies and stuff. They do a really good job. Lo Res and it Hans. Yeah, and so it was my duty to watch this movie, and I was prepared fully to just crap on it. But it had some of the sort of like you know, like vehicle comedies where it's like, we got a guy just write a thing and then before you could tell yeah, like Andrew dice Clay had one. It's like this guy's hot right in a movie. I don't care what it is.
Speaker 1: I remember watching that. It was Ford fair Lane.
Speaker 2: Right, yep, yeah. For hey, we just made up a bit me and Schultz today at the office, and it was a fuzzy dice Clay. Hey, I'm hanging on your mirror. Oh oh yeah, oh but dish, I don't want you to sway when I take a left turn, shut up on me.
Speaker 1: Or uh you could play on that being like so because Andrew dice Clay was like so just notoriously filthy. Like even in the nineties when a lot of stand ups were just disgusting, blue nasty comedians, what if Andrew dice Clay was just totally clean and all the jokes are just dad jokes and they're not good, but they're totally clean.
Speaker 2: Andrew nice Clay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, right, slow boy white horses for two dollars. Somebody tried to super chat four times. That's weird. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Uhlay doing Mitch Hedburg jokes, that'd be weird.
Speaker 1: All of these like abstract, you know, pot headstoner jokes turn into into disgusting coitas jokes. No one became a member a brewing gong became a member, Mickey became a member. Mickey bought ten members ships. What's up, dude? Thank you so much, Dan Vicious two dollars. By the way, if you got a super Chat, I will split them with Ryan, so you're also playing paying for Ryan's remenodles.
Speaker 2: Tonight, give me the money, give me the money. Hey, I don't I don't eat about just making that.
Speaker 1: At all. Is Vietnamese foes. Not even remenodles doesn't even affect his lineage. It's not him, so it's not really it's pronounced fu. I don't even know. I just call it like I always think how the actual people of that group tell me that it's supposed to be pronounce that it was cool. It's still faux.
Speaker 2: So I hate it when people are like, you know, we went down there, TONI it's like just say Nicaga, you eve.
Speaker 1: It's like nobody says Kiev, dude, what do.
Speaker 2: You mean my daughter? Today? I was I was just putting it to bed before this, and uh, we usually tell her stories before bed, but like, we stayed up late and we went to this carnival, so I was like just giving her. I was like, remember we did this, and then just giving her rundown of the carnival day and then we got this and then we went on this ride. And then there's this Mexican girl that came up to her trying to She's like, Como sayama, and she doesn't understand what that means. And I was like, yeah, and you almost made a friend today, but you guys didn't speak a different language. You guys spoke different languages, and like Dora the Explorer, she spoke Spanish and she's like yeah. She's like yeah, but I don't know. I just know English. And then she goes like and she shrugs and does She's like, I could say a patron noster for you, and I'm like, and then my other kid is like sleeping in the room, so I'm like I'm trying not to die laughing. It was, but the way she shrugged and said it links dead. See, I can say a pattern noster for you.
Speaker 1: Hey, ten no staff do me no CLV school. Yeah. By the way, uh, somebody sent a superchest, so we make sure that the superchats aren't broken, because this does seem a little odd that there aren't any superchats except for so some of y'all cheap oh's out there tonight. All y'all pay piggies that ain't living up to what year? There you go, the Lord Voldemort. Alex Jones appearance was fire? J Are you talking about Alex Jones appearing that it was fire or my appearance on Alex Jones. I don't know what that comment means, but thank you top jack O Mateck Sunday two thousand and five. We're gonna be the next five hours Ryan Katsu Riverah, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: That's see. That's the sort of like little nuances that.
Speaker 1: I like a nuance that a lot of people haven't noticed that I was actually laughing at today. Is Alex's preference for doing the Emperor Palpatine part? Have you noticed he does that? It's Alex doing the Palpatine and.
Speaker 4: He'll go and we have figured out a few things.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. Alex will do Alex Palpatine, which is a nuance that I noticed.
Speaker 2: It's one of his sub characters. So when you do an impression, you'd have to do the impressions that they do and the way they.
Speaker 1: Do meta impressions. Here come the super chats. Thank you guys for being gracious and as I said, we will share these super chats with Ryan tonight, so you can also help pay his AOL Internet built Mickey five dollars, says Test Yes, thank you, Mickey or Max nine dollars. Who has the better Jordan Peterson impression? You were right? I have to say Ryan's is probably better. Jordan, for whatever reason, is not my best. I do think Jimbob is the best at Jordan.
Speaker 3: Uh well, you know it's like it's like, you know, when you start talking about Jordan and you get the little upset, you know, and then you say you're fucking know and your breath, your mayor your your voice preaching all.
Speaker 1: We were talking about this the other day. Ryan and I were talking about how when Jordan gets upset and he he's edgy, so he says the F word and it breaks he's he's not used to that muscle for the F word being like working in his throat. So when he's man, it's fuck you know.
Speaker 2: Also, yeah, he wields it like yeah, like your friend's little brother who just learned how to curt cutting. I don't know how to do like a heavy sword that he can't, you know.
Speaker 8: It's like it's like what's in a word? It's like, well, what isn't in the word. It's like, well, bloody, who cares. It's like what I do. It's like, well, no you don't. It's like, well why not.
Speaker 3: It's just it's like, well why not you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think Ryan's is better. With Ryan's normal mode, Jordan Peterson is perfect. It sounds just like and when when Jordan's just talking, but then like when he starts getting upset is my favorite Jordan. It's like when he you know.
Speaker 2: Fuck you know, uh, like, yeah, that is tough. I don't think I have that when when.
Speaker 1: It cracks when he says it's the best Pablo Winsker are four dollars, here are some shekels? Jay, get them off my back? Oh now, get off my back. You got it? Buddy, A Pooh sends two dollars.
Speaker 3: Thank you'll come again, Thank yours, bro. We will put the seats in search of you.
Speaker 1: You know you know who Show is? No, you don't know Show oh Man the cult leader. You don't know the cult letter.
Speaker 2: Oh Show, he's like the one of the best dude, is he the one that sits Indian style?
Speaker 9: He talks about the papers being retorted and put his siege in shide of you.
Speaker 1: He has a booger whistle, which Yogi's, you know, Hindu Yogi's have boogerstle.
Speaker 2: It makes it more mystical, right, because it's like it's an untouched nose exactly so as the factory warranty and that sucker.
Speaker 1: Well, the booger hits a certain frequency that calls It's like an intoonation that calls down the deities. I don't know if you know how Hinduism works, but seph for five dollars. What do you guys think of Matan? Even it seems like the energy of you with George Santos was a work of art. That kid might have a future.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I've watched a couple episodes. I'm still not sure I get it yet. Maybe it's just because like when I first saw Tim and Eric or Sam Sam Hyde, I was like, I'm not sure what's happening yet. I gotta process it, but I'm not sure what to think. What do you think?
Speaker 2: I think he's a funny dude, and I that's one of the guys that I've yeah, I've just seen like a you know, not a ton from him. But it's like it's one of the guys that I rest my mind, because at first I was like, is that a bit? Is that actually him? And then I just like rest and I'm just like, you know what, I don't need to know it's like Copper cab or Raresoft Fatty or something. It's just is you know what? Because the funny thing is is like I won't say who, but there's this guy who has a character and we I met him, I was able to spend time with him behind the scenes, and it occurred to me that it's both it's like, yes, he's playing a character, but also like only in so far as he could, because it's kind of like, you know, it's it's like a half step removed from who he is, you know what I mean. It's like it's not quite a heightened version for like a show. It's like he's trying to be a character. But when he's not that, it's like, oh, the structure that you're building that on is like pretty much that, you know, it's not doesn't that the same output? But it's like, so you might be one of those guys I'm thinking now, I'm thinking about it again.
Speaker 1: Fair reading Ace Brosey five dollars. I need more, Oh Show, Jeet.
Speaker 9: Whistle resh because you have requested your answer.
Speaker 1: But Oshow is always talking about that he wants to put his seat inside of you two, which I don't know if you know this, but gurus like to touch butts. So oh, I've laughed about that quite a bit. Over here, Maximus Pike sends two pounds and seventy nine cents of gay Canadian dollars and he says, is there any truth to Ryan being quote better than Hendricks? I don't know what this refers.
Speaker 2: To match it. Thank you for bringing that up. Yet that is true? You know. It's a great you know, and boomers will get curious, they'll want to kill you for this, but it's a great conversation starter where you're like, yeah, I play guitar and like how you know how good are or whatever, where you could just bring this up whole cloth and be like, well, I'm better than Hendrix's a guitar and they're like, no, you have to be there to cheese burgers.
Speaker 1: It's actually really funny to like bait a boomer.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, it's perfect. They'll melt down, they'll get they'll like, they'll probably fight you. And the thing is is like Jimmy Page garbage at improvis improvisational guitars. Sorry, you suck. Kurt Hammett. I know a lot of people love Metallica and they're good, they're making songs, but that guy can't even solo on the record in key And it's just like all I'm saying is I'm not as iconic, I'm not legendary, I'm not as great of a songwriter, not a great performer. I wasn't there at the time. I'm not saying that, just saying on a skill level, I know more skills of guitar and execute them cleaner. And there's nothing wacky crazy. Put acid on my head, play the guitar upside down backwards with my teeth and make it explode. Whatever about it. It's just on a skill level. I'm better than Hendrick's, that's all.
Speaker 1: Or the next time they'd be like you weren't there, just be like no, I was there, Like no, it was dude, I'm a lot younger.
Speaker 2: Than I'm eighty.
Speaker 1: I'm older than a Look, all my team says, the left hand path is just touching butts, and then you misunderstood when they talk about the left hand path, it's the left hand ass the left hand of the guru grabs the butts. That's what left hand path means. Uh. Mickey says, for five dollars, all hail our cult leader Jay Dyer. Okay, okay, I like where this is going. It's your rhythm. Ten dollars, Ryan, thank you for the years on GML. You did so much for that show and you added most of the laughs for me. I've watched the last five years now. Congratulations on being at the sam Hi show.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah, oh yeah. I mean that is such a fun show. And like people would even ask you like, isn't it It's like, don't you want to punch Gavin? He's mean to you, and I'm like, dude, I was like, no, I don't. First of all, he's my boss. Can talk to me however he wants. I can take it. I have lots of Japanese patients, and even though most of the time I was right, okay, but I took the higher ground. Now I'm just kidding, but not like that.
Speaker 1: That that's that Japanese patients ride that kamakazi thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, the patients to uh self emilate or explode myself for a cause whatever it might be, just for nothing. Really, I work too much. Okay, let you jump off. Okay. I don't know why why the self destruct button is so like sensitive for Japanese people. God bless them. I mean, yeah, they have it rough. But no, Latina too right, Latino. But yes, I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Actually meaning to I justly, I promise. I accidentally just said Latina. Which is, by the way, that that that's one of the one of the things I like about It's always funny. By the way, is the fact that they've had like five episodes be banned. And I didn't realize this until my wife and I just went through watching all the all the episodes, right, so we did all the all the seasons and I noticed it. Wait a minute, there's like five that are banned. Off of Amazon them, so I'm like, why are they banned? And then it turns out it's because in at least three of them, Caitlin Olsen is doing this character called Martina Martinez where she where she dresses up in Latina brown face and she's really it's funny because her character thinks that she's a good improv character creator, but she's garbage. But it's rare. It's funny because it's racial in its garbage. Anyway. Uh, that that's why I'm thinking of Latina. And I apologize because I know that you're a fully one percent of man. I can confirm he's not fair.
Speaker 2: That is fair, but yes, half Latino. But I didn't finish the gavint.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Gavina.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's fine. The Japanese patience is, uh, just like I must, I must fly a plane into your podcast.
Speaker 1: Share let me is that that's how y'all?
Speaker 2: That okay? I think that was an appropriate I think that was an appropriate amount. The angle is perfect. To be honest, this would be like too much. I'd be like no, no, no, don't please that that little pulse the pulse was good, but yeah, no, thank you for thanking me and I'm glad you had a lot of laughs there. I did. I want to put together all the times that I did impressions on that show and because there was I did a Dave Ramsey that and I did a a Brendan Fraser that is like I nailed Like, I nailed it, and I'm okay with seeing it because I literally studied all day for just like getting interviews from the Whale specifically like the awe shucks Brendan Fraser, the New Whale one like though here you goes you know that and so and I had like a face swap thing, so you know that helped. And I put like I fatted myself up with a fat suit, so like really like esoteric is that a good word for it? Yeah, like little impressions, we do esoteric Hollywood impressions. Oh, speaking of the book.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's a great point. Like the the niche impressions are the things that people overlook like to be able to do these like random ass like pulling out a brandan phrase too, who does a impression? That's awesome?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I looked it up and it was like nobody and then jd Vance when at the time that I dropped my jd Vance impression. Listen, President Donald Trump and me, we just want to thank the American people. And first of all, you know, Mark, I really appreciate that you said that about me. That's very kind. And it's just like I think I did it probably better with the face thing I was on the spot.
Speaker 1: I've also been working in a Mark Zuckerberg impression.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've ever heard of this, but jd Vance is great because he's going to be in a koom pod that I've designed specifically for him in the future.
Speaker 2: Well bravo, dude, that's music koon Pod. You didn't even have to drop that, but you just nailed it.
Speaker 1: Well, I've done the market so a lot of times when we do our live shows, I play this game where the audience has to guess the impression. So I've done this Mark Zuckerberg impression like fifty times. But yeah, I mean I love those niche impressions that people pull out, like you don't expect, like Mark Zuckerberg, Brendan Fraser to show up and like, have you ever heard the Phil Have you ever heard Phillip Seymour Hoffman when he was in Mission Impossible three?
Speaker 2: No? Man, obscure.
Speaker 1: That's an obscure one. But like people, if you if you've watched Mission Impossible, and if you're a Phillips Seymour Hoffin, man, bring me the rabbits foot.
Speaker 2: I want the rabbit's foot.
Speaker 1: Where's your girl. I'm gonna find her. I'm gonna hurt her. Give me the rabbits foot. That's a brief one. But if you watch Mission Impossible three, Philip super Hoffin has like three lines in the whole movie, and it's basically him just asking for the rabbit's foot. But anyway, people in the audience nick cageon, No, we don't want a Nick Cage, give me somebody else, give me a can we do a I'm gonna give you money. So you're getting paid for this. This is not working for free throw. Throw me a obscure and then we'll see if we can get it. Remember, you are getting paid for this.
Speaker 2: Let me see. Okay, this is very obscure to leave starks of. And he was the one that I was telling me about with the he did black He covered black crime. He's a black guy that covered black crime on compound media. Okay, pet, So today we're going to be checking out crime and PD. What do you got to say about that? And if you were to watch that and see that man talk, you would say that sounds like it so obscure that nobody would get like, nobody watching this would understand this.
Speaker 1: You actually people are talking about your show and that show and the previous n NFL stuff, which is funny because I thought I had a good idea for sam Hide show, and then I let Ryan hear it and he's like, oh, yeah, we already did that with in NFL.
Speaker 2: I was, but it's different enough.
Speaker 1: I'll have to change it up a little bit make it work.
Speaker 2: But like, and I think you could even uh bring it in. I don't know, maybe even he can, Like if it's a serial thing, you could bring him in as a guest for one of them. But yet again, what he didn't do was cover all races.
Speaker 1: He just did the we add in all of the races and make it properly diversified, then everything will work. Well, you know, Yeah, so we got there. Throw some Woody Allen's up in there. I could do a really good Woody Allen backseat Sauceman and five dollars says it's always funny. Had naked Danny DeVito crawling out of a leather couch in that one episode. I want an apology from them and I want to thank you at the same time. H a I, he says, and he bows to you. Ryan.
Speaker 2: It's a quick one, like this one little lake hurt your spine. Okay, here's one, Timily Jones. This is one of my good bad impressions. Like I think it's funnier to do a bad Christopher walking than a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's tough, he's actually come tough.
Speaker 2: He's kind of tough. But also the like a lot of so many people have gotten already that it becomes like hacktors.
Speaker 1: To do it in a shitty way when everyone else is doing it.
Speaker 2: I even thought the same thing of Trump too, like doing a what I call like a hire him for forty dollars for a wedding entertainer Trump, which's like, guys, wow, congratulations to the beautiful bride.
Speaker 1: Like this is the impression of the average comedian doing ad impression.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and like and just like kill down your It works for guitar too, like simplifying and like playing artistically shittier than you can for some Yeah, it's it gives him more of like a like an honest genuineness, if you like, kind of don't make it so flowery and and what is a good word for it, flourish, A lot of flourishes. So with that, here's my Tommy Lee Jones. Let me see, kids are sleeping. But I think I slick. You've now entered the men in Black. I can do a little more of lately, slick. You have now entered the Men in Black, and there is an active volcano.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. I like that. I like that. I'm gonna throw you one. Now, you gotta this. If you can guess this, I'm gonna pull out one of the classics if you can get it.
Speaker 4: If we understand the purpose of the magic mushroom, it's to initiate us into the next aon where we will no longer have fallocentric presidents ruling us with their iron thumbs and iron dicks.
Speaker 2: Okay it's not mister Rogers.
Speaker 1: No, that was Terrence McKenna. You're not familiar with Terrence McKenna.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't heard him talk. I've heard Joe Rogan talk about him. But mushrooms should have mushrooms.
Speaker 1: There you go, well, now you've heard I do a pretty good Terrence McKenna, so.
Speaker 2: I can do a decent mister Rogers.
Speaker 1: Throw throw me, mister Rogers.
Speaker 2: So with your mind and your spirit and the way that you are, you are unique and you are special. I wish I had a shoe to change and throw in the other hand, but I don't. Neighbor not bad, thank you?
Speaker 1: All right, I'll throw you one. Let's see if you can get this. This is I'm a very obscure one. You may not know this.
Speaker 4: The problem COPI production throwingingjung your people.
Speaker 5: The people are turning to Jordan Peterson.
Speaker 4: The problem COPI means a production.
Speaker 1: You know that.
Speaker 2: Can I give you a tip on that one? You gotta do this.
Speaker 1: He the cocaine is the cocaine is still there. Yeah, that was my good job, you get.
Speaker 2: Why is he so? Why is he so disgusting?
Speaker 1: Why is he like every sentence? Man, it's like, chill out, dude.
Speaker 2: You can't have a job to write books. Dude, Why are you talking? Like?
Speaker 1: Why are you talking at all?
Speaker 2: It's literally like act gross. Okay, it's him.
Speaker 1: I think that that's like the vibe of communis right, Like communism is just like just accept the gross. You know what I mean. It's like part it's like a performance. Art of being a communist is being gross.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Devin used to say that two about like the way that they dress like just frump, just earth Earth, Yeah, soggy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I gotta I gotta obscure one for you. Tell me if you can figure this one out? Ready, yes?
Speaker 10: So the the the the chaos math. There's a is a way to actually get laid if you if you speak and spit game at Laura Dern, you could probably probably get laid with some chaos math.
Speaker 2: Jeff Goblum.
Speaker 1: Yes, nice, Jeff gobl I know it's not terrible if you got it.
Speaker 2: No, that's good. The only thing I could do with Jeff Goblum is a part Apartments dot Com.
Speaker 1: That's that it works. He's got that weird inflection right. I don't know why, but.
Speaker 2: I used to have like a same length impression like Capital one credit card for Samuel Jackson, but it was it would be too loud. I think I'd wake up one of my kids.
Speaker 1: That's okay, there's another.
Speaker 2: But you know what it's worth it get ready, honey, just like telling her that beyond call. I'm going to do an impression on a podcast.
Speaker 1: Honey, don't worry, it's an impression.
Speaker 2: Obscure darn me. Oh, I had the Hodge Twins. Oh please, all right, let's see. Oh Man, so man you're funny. Yeah he is man, big truck. Yeah, let's good, boy truck truck. That's perfect a sentence. I was like, what do you think of this? He's like, not bad, but he knows that it's not fair.
Speaker 1: The real problem culture of.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, yeah, oh yeah. I had a Jimmy did you ask the Jimmy Aikin?
Speaker 1: I did the It was awesome.
Speaker 2: The Roger Rabbit. So he he's a guy like uh he he talks a lot and fast and like is pretty succinct. He can go on forever. So I had to write out all my answers for that and the questions. I'm like, ask me this, and then I wrote a tone about why Roger Rabbit is possible? So as Jimmy Aikins said, that was niche And that's one of the ones that yet again I like, I'll study.
Speaker 1: Tell me a little a little bit of a brief explanation and justification Jimmy for why it is possible.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see if I can pull him out. Well, that's a good question. I think we first have to look at the source material. There is a lot, so let's get to it. Woo. Uh.
Speaker 1: I probably said, now that we've listened to the shorts material, we can prove that this is actually false and the culture of everg just never said, everybody, I've noticed my voice of reason is just turning more and more and more into TikTok from Return of Oz. I was trying to explain to Ryan the other day what this was, and he was like, I've never seen this. I've never heard it, but if you've, if you've watched Return to Oz, I don't know how in my head, voice of Reason is just TikTok and they pretty much Dorothy Gail, wind me up, Dorothy Gail.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know, I know Returned to Oz. That's the it's the it's the Showtime show about prison prisoner's recidivism. They went back no no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, no wrong no one wrong one. Uh that was no Serge Jay for the ZZ that here's five bucks. I'm dying over here. Yeah, I don't even remember how I or why I did Allan or Helen what did a ZZ compression? But I think it was one time we were watching we were watching the Jordan Peterson's Z that debate, and I was like, this dude is doesn't even seem like a real person. He seems like a cartoon character, but.
Speaker 2: Like a gross cartoon man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. I don't want to make you stay here all night with dueling impressions, but you've got You've got a wide variety and it's awesome. Thank you guys so much for the super chats. We're gonna send. As I said, we're gonna split the super chats with Ryan Ryan to I top jack O Maddix says, for five dollars, do a Joe Rogan. I can't do it, Joe Rogan. People that have like really kind of normal, sort of average monotone style voices, it's really hard for me to pick them out. Ryan actually is impressing me with like pulling out a whack, pulling out like like people that don't have noticeably different voices.
Speaker 2: To me, it's an accent because he's got that.
Speaker 1: He does have a jersey, you know, tinge for sure?
Speaker 2: You for real though, like that dude's Yeah, that guy's a poser.
Speaker 1: Dude, that's perfect. Really, that's just like, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I gotta call him be Yeah, dude, it's to you. Also, wait, I do have a Joe Rogan but it's not great. I'm trying to work on it a little more. But uh so it's some he goes like, wow, that is crazy. Man. That's a bad motherfucker. Man, Dude, he'll choke you out. And there's a thing he does, a frogginess like in Fear Factor. You can hear it a lot when he's calling.
Speaker 1: That was pretty good, dude, that was pretty good.
Speaker 2: Thank you. But he's got like a fry get almost like a Jordan Peterson sell frogginess. But I have to put them both together. So one is like it's like, wow, you have thirty seconds. Like it's honestly that he gets that froggy. It does go, but like the intro and outro to it, like the transition into like the smooth way that it talks. Man, it's crazy. Like I gotta emerge those two and then I will have a Joe Rogan impression.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a really tough one. I'm impressed that you can do that five dollars choice? Can you do Tony Soprano? Actually, when I was doing the Sopranos, when we did the whole podcast on it, when I was super fresh with it, I got pretty good with Tony Polly and Christopher christ Right, I could do. I could do Tony. Okay, I could do come on Fallny right. They got a Christopher, we got a Tony.
Speaker 4: The fucus come come up with the with you.
Speaker 1: But I haven't heard Tony in so long. I'd have to. I'd have to retool my Tony.
Speaker 2: But it's right to fuck here about talking through your mouth because the way talking.
Speaker 1: To Hitch when he's getting mad, but even that's.
Speaker 2: Not the way that like the actor talks. So thinking about that it helped me because I was like, oh, yeah, this is And then I heard somebody else do it. Max Kotch from The Opian Anthony Show. He called like, after this is kind of wrong looking back at it, but like after Tony Soprana died, this impersonator who's like perfect at it called in. He's like, man, I don't know what happened. Is fucking wrong? Got the lights and to argem.
Speaker 1: Like the lights it's it's a it's a little bit of a like a like he's like his nose is stopped up exactly.
Speaker 2: And so listening to the actual actor James Gandelfini talking and then hearing him do that voice, it's like, oh, he doesn't even talk to it. And and then you realize it's like this is the way he talks and interviews and stuff like that. And then you add a little bit of a it's a little life that with the fuck that's only what if I get a little louder, it gets a little bit better. But these are quiet impressions. This is a challenge. I like this challenge. Oh a liver king. I got a liver king. Oh nice, Yeah, pribals, you have to be grounded into the earth. The nine in Central tendons of ripping off the customers, pretending that you're not on sterboids and acting like a humid lion, a cartoon lion couple. And I had a tiger king too. That's probably not good anymore, but back in the when it was out and it was fresh like that, damn Carol beskids. And he's got a way way I tuck it where it kind of sounds like he's got a little bit of British accent. Now I'm fully British. Now now it's gone. You gotta be careful.
Speaker 1: Do you have do you have a Tarantino? The problem is that I have to get loud doing Tarantino.
Speaker 4: No, no, like, I don't like it's like, okay, Taranteed. The key to Tarantine okay is that he's got a little bit of a gay sound and he wants to shut your butt down. Okay, I'm shutting your butt down because you know about film. You don't know jack Ship about film.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Brian Depalmer is one of the best directors of all time.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's like this spurgy, almost gay ish lisp, but with like weird but he's from what doesn't he's from Tennessee. It doesn't make any sense, Like why is it Tennessee talking like a gangster?
Speaker 2: I'm kind of like, from Tennessee is like the craziest thing I've ever heard. He seems like he'd be from.
Speaker 1: From you know, he's from Knoxville, Tennessee.
Speaker 2: That is so weird. It's weird. Do you ever see his breakdown about top Gun?
Speaker 4: I have listen my butt anytime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good impression to tip for him is like just talk like a guy who only wants to be asking for feet images the entire time. But is he's forced to talk about these stupid movies.
Speaker 4: Listen, Okay, they didn't call me Quentin Tarantine toe for nothing.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sergia says for ten dollars not to get personal. But I heard Sam mentioned recently he believes in christ I'm wondering if Jay had influenced or Sam came to this conclusion or Ryan. I'm curious about your takes. What do you think. I have had conversations with Sam about Christianity and one of the things that he was writing that he wanted to bring in Christian paradigm worldview too, something science fiction related. But I don't know that that or me or anything like that had an influence. Perhaps Ryan does or knows.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I know that it's it's I'm noticing this. I could relate it to a friend of mine who was like an iron Rand atheist, like so you know, Christopher Hagen's fan atheists, but the world like it's seemingly like the devil has overplayed his hand and like pridefully putting his stamp of authorship on the evils and degeneracy that we're seeing. And it's just so blatantly obvious that it is pushing people to Christ and whatever form that may be. And so when my friend was like he started asking the right questions with an open heart, and it's like he's like attending church now too, and whatever nascent form that it was, it was sort of non denominational at the time whatever. Like I was like, let's worry about that later, you know, I don't want to like jump on him and be like this is what you got to do with the like just kind of letting it bloom. And he would start praying more, and he had this thing where his neighbor had a pride flag. This is a guy who would never lie about anything, like he's from Fargo. He's like a very one of the most trustable guys ever. And he told me the story about how he was every morning he would pray, but his neighbor erected this like aggressive trans pride flag LGBT thing with barbed wire around it, like not physical, but you like print it on there, like get your hands off my pride foot. Anyway, he prays for it and for it to like go away or for him to be healed. Whatever. He just doesn't like seeing it. There's a storm or something that a metal pole bent like for real. It was like it I went out there to pray like four days later or whatever. I just I hadn't thought about it for like four days, and it was like like the pole bent down, and it was like, I don't know. I was like, yeah, I was like, well, the thing is is I don't know. I mean, but that's could be. I don't think it's a coincidence. I think it's just he was shown something really direct and he was asking for the right thing. I mean, that is a complete aversion inversion of what is right. Pride. Yeah, literally bad iky.
Speaker 1: It's icky, uh droning the scenery two dollars. It's like chugging bloody degenerously.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like chugging bloody degeneracy.
Speaker 2: You know. You ever see a clip of him seem like a dude, man bro he says that.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: I remember a long time ago. One of my favorite quotes from Jordan Peterson was like it's like maybe even like seven years ago, and he says something crazy like.
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes I've got thoughts so deep they don't make words for it.
Speaker 2: That was really good, dude, that was.
Speaker 1: It, Maximus Pike. No, sorry, we did that. We skipped one here. Let me go back top Jack of Maatic five dollars. Are we gonna ever get a scam Shimmoon debate? No? I don't think they're interested in having a debate. Apenin two pounds. The Careless Coffee Company is a highlight of EP I don't I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to work in a Sam Chamun impression.
Speaker 1: By the way, Uh, that would be funny to get a Sam Schimun impression going out. I haven't even I haven't even thought about it. You've got one.
Speaker 2: This is not it. This is a demo version. But it's like pull us a five run out. What does it say, go to go to Ephesians? What does it say? Read it to me? It says that that is the thing that it does. Now you cand say it. I mean, I don't know whether I have sort of a cadence there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the cadence is getting the work. But he's got it's it's allowed, you know, kind of like it's it was. It was always like a little bit of a preacher in there too, like an Arab like an Arab version of a black preacher going on as well.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is quite the mix.
Speaker 1: Hauling in the goods five dollars. Does anybody have a Steven Sagal impression?
Speaker 2: I do not. Oh you know who does a great Steven Siagall impression?
Speaker 1: Who's that?
Speaker 2: The Sam Hide Show's latest guest Gene watch that episode?
Speaker 8: Ah?
Speaker 1: Yes, Speaking of guys, be sure and headed over to the YouTube channel linked below. I've got Ryan's channel linked. I've also got sam channel linked. Be sure and check out the Sam Hid episodes. We're up to about six now and new ones will be coming out very soon. And subscribe at md dot tv for the full show and you can support all the work that we're engaged in over there as well. That's the last I think of the super chats. So the audience did come through and actually.
Speaker 2: Pay the bills to I thank you.
Speaker 1: Guys so much. I'm gonna say, I'm sure we've got more impressions. I've got a lot of obscure ons we can go to. Don't I don't want to. I don't want to blow all of them in one live stream because I want, Yeah, exactly, I want next time I list.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I got, I had to.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what was gonna happen, so I brought my list. I've got my list. I had to like pull out some you know, Maxine wad or some throw a curve ball up in there. Guys like the stream, go subscribe to Ryan. I'm also gonna put his x account in there. I forgot to put that into YouTube description. Also, head on over to chalk dot com, the best and supplementation on Internet. Used promo cod jy four zero to get forty percent off all your great Chalk products. Chalk dot com, o q dot com and support Ryan and follow him as well.