Speaker 1: Let's do it. Let's do it. Come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, see rode right, yeah, let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky Rod Ryan show check it In wild Card Wednesday, Sleptins smack damn in the middle of the week. Come on, didn't think that hup? Your off to a great start to your day. I know it's ridiculously early, the fog is out there, but not nearly as bad as yesterday. Got a pretty good four as to give to share with you some of the things that are gonna happen today. On the show, Fresh out of d had to head. Kevin the Teacher reached out to me. He just missed yesterday. That's okay, Kevin the Teacher takes on slow fast.
Speaker 2: Andrew both gentlemen going for win number two. Looks like Chilie cuts rockets.
Speaker 1: Tickets in there, Pierce the veil, June twelfth, Woodland's Pavilion. I've got tickets for you on the Fun Fact Flashback BlackBerry Smoked tickets at seven twenty.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give you some shine.
Speaker 1: Down tickets to the eight o'clock hour, but we're gonna at eight twenty, We're gonna add a band to the Buzzfest lineup, so I will work that in. So the eight o'clock hour is gonna be kind of interesting because I you know, I mean, I'm talking about Buzzfest. Maybe I'll give away some tickets to Buzzfest as well. So yeah, the eight o'clock hour could be like ticket filled AJR Rodeo Houston early in the nine o'clock hour and then yesterday announced on the show, I Prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill Switch Engage. June twenty eighth. Woodlands tickets go on sale this Friday. We'll have winter before they go on sale. Mostly stunning today, temper cent chancellring almost eighty degrees today, hive of about seventy nine. Good morning, Alex. What are Houston's headlines? Well, good morning.
Speaker 3: Rod Grain says that it has agreed to a mineral deal with the United States, granted in the US access to some of the country's critical mineral resources, including rare earth elements. The agreement proposes the creation of a joint fund, with both countries sharing equal rights to manage the development of these resources. Russian President Vladimir Putin is also making a play offering joint exploration of Russia's vast rare earth metal deposits, as well as the country's supply of aluminum to the US market. The offer comes as President Trump seeks to secure critical minerals for the US industries, which are essential for manufacturing things like electronics, electric vehicles, defense systems, and more. More than three point two million former public service workers, including teachers, firefighters, and police officers, are going to soon receive increased Social Security benefits. This change follows through heel of the windfall elimination provision and government pension offset through the bipartisan Social Security Active was signed into law by former President Joe Biden last year. The Social Security Administration is announced that retroactive payments will be processed immediately, with most recipients receiving these payments by the end of next month. Increased monthly benefits are also set to begin in April. A lot of people remember where they were during major events like the moon landing or the Challenger explosions.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you remember where you were during the dress? So I was right here. Oh, I was right here, not.
Speaker 3: In this room, but I was on this show in the old building and we were arguing about Dinah was disagreeing with us. I think dinosaur black and blue. So basically, if you don't remember what I'm talking about, it was the viral dress post that as people they saw white and gold on the dress or black and blue on the dress.
Speaker 2: I was a white and gold guy.
Speaker 1: I was also a white and gold guy. Turns out two thirds of people.
Speaker 3: Were white and gold guys or gals, but it was actually a black and blue dress. It was all because of an optical illusion that is created by weird lighting and overexposed backgrounds. But when you see something with that optical illusion, we saw gold and white. We're not going back, and I'm never going to say that it was a black and blue dress. I'm just going to say that if you show me the dress and it's black and blue, that you're showing me a different dress.
Speaker 1: I remember, I could unFocus a little bit and occasionally see the black and the blue.
Speaker 3: I could too, but I saw gold and white first, So I will refuse to the same day that I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: All Right, we have a blog page up for this.
Speaker 1: I know that all of you know this, but if you want to go reach short day revisit it though. Happy ten year anniversary to the dress Man. Another big anniversary here the.
Speaker 3: Ten thousandth episode of The Price is Right heirs today you got the hype Man's on vacation or he's off it's his off season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be nice to be around. It'd be nice to have him today.
Speaker 3: So to mark the milestone ten thousandth episode, they are giving away ninety thousand dollars in cash and prizes. Over the course of the show that began in nineteen seventy two, seventy five thousand people have been called to come on down, and can essence have walked away with more than three hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: Come on down, Come on.
Speaker 2: It sounded almost like the hype Man.
Speaker 1: Oh, he doesn't say that.
Speaker 3: I think it's you when when I be a podcast, I've never been in here actually seeing those. The rock Star or the two thousand episode. If you'd like to watch it today, you can see that at eleven am on CBS here locally. I might have to DVR check it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Rockstar Ozzy Osbourne is doing a documentary about his health struggles and as he prepares for his final performance, he has a lot of health issues to overcome, and Paramount Plus is going to document the whole journey. Ozzie says that the last six years have been full of some of the worst times that I've been through, and that there were times that he thought he was a goner, but the making music and two albums has saved him, and then he would have gone nuts without music. The rock star also said that he wants this to be as proper goodbye to all of the fans that have supported him over the year.
Speaker 1: Early when he goes wheeling out there to do one song, Sharon says, thanks for the money, yeah, or you have to do a document that poor guy.
Speaker 2: All right, what's going on in sports?
Speaker 1: Rockets got to win last night.
Speaker 3: They got by the Bucks one hundred ninety seven in a very physical game. I'm in Thompson got ejected for pretty much body slamming giants, Attenta Kompo that was awesome, and Jalen Green at twenty five points of the night's lead all players and scoring. Rockets will be back in action tonight when they host the Spurs at the Toyota Center. Tip offs at eight thirty, and you can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talks seven to ninety down at spring training. Astros's got to win. Yesterday they beat the Mets eight to five. You're bay the Nationals today down in West Palm Beach. Flood of first pitches at twelve o five and you can hear that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's going on in sport? Here we go? Four hours of pain starts right now. First phone call, come get it. No one's calling yet. Well I didn't tell you to call. All right, Well now I'm telling you to call. Let's get a first phone call. Let's get a kick ass call to set the tone for the day. Seven one, three, two two five, the most interactive show on the radio. Oh yeah, it's still this one ninety four to five, The Buzz rod Ryan's Show. It's tonight Tennight's Well, good morning, Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Checking in wildcard Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Boy, there's a sorry, Well, right when I get excited about for you guys, I get excited for you guys. That boy, there's going to be a lot of things that I'm gonna direct you over to the blog page this morning. I feel like there's some really interesting stories. Then I gotta realize on the back end here, I'm gonna get Chilli to put that stuff up there, and he's probably not happy about the amount of stuff I sent over to him this morning. It's got a lot of stuff to get up there. I want you to check it all out. I think you're gonna really, really like what you see this morning. It's gonna be a great accompaniment to the things that we talk about today on the show, mostly sunny skies. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain. I seventy nine today. Yeah, that's what I'm here for. Okay. Kevin the Teacher, he reached out to me. He's squared away whatever he had going on. That's fine.
Speaker 4: It happens.
Speaker 1: It happened, and he's going for win number two. Slow past. Andrew was the substitute teacher yesterday. He's going for win number two. So no harm, no fall. We'll get these guys facing off against one another. He said he had a little thing that he had to do. He stayed up super late, slept in, didn't email me until almost nine to thirty yesterday. I'm talking about Kevin the Teacher, all right, So we'll get that game out of.
Speaker 2: The way early. Then we'll get into some fun facts.
Speaker 1: I'll give you those Pierced the Veil tickets June twelfth, Woodlands Pavilion, BlackBerry Smoked tickets at seven twenty shine down tickets.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just I'm loose on that.
Speaker 1: I'm loose as a goose because I'm going to give those away sometime in the eight o'clock hour because a bit of an announcement here and not even a bit of an announcement and actual announcement, We're adding a band to the Great Buzzfest lineup at a twenty. We'll get you that band, we'll play some music from them, and then you know what, why wouldn't I give away a pair of tickets? So eight o'clock hour is gonna be a little loose, but that's all right. So is this whole show. A j R. Is performing at the Rodeo Houston on March sixth, I've got tickets for you. And then yesterday's big concert announcement was I Prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill, Switch, Engage and a bunch of other bands. June twenty eighth, Woodland's Pavilion tickets to go on sale this Friday. We'll get you into that show before they go on sale, know the show Chili backloaded those Now, two notes that I'll be touching upon today is the golf tournament is sold out. Thank you very much. Give a big belt for that. Thank you. That's not even half the money that we need to make for Texas Adaptive Aquatics. I mean it's important now I can focus in on the sponsorships. But the golf tournament is sold out. You guys did a great job on that, Thank you very much. The other thing we're going to touch upon is the applying online to play read my lips tomorrow coming down to the station and playing against the Chile We will announce the winner at nine to fifty. That means you can apply all morning long.
Speaker 5: It's now time for the first phone call in the day.
Speaker 1: If only Loope would just call once in an if Lupe would call once in a while, then my life would be a complete If I could just get a Loope on the phone.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Hey, what's happening right ally Inchila?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 6: Yo?
Speaker 1: Who is this this is?
Speaker 2: I was just asking for a loope?
Speaker 4: And then there we is right here back man, right here? Man?
Speaker 2: What are you doing up this early?
Speaker 4: I'm heading to work Southern Core Recycling. Let's get it rolling.
Speaker 1: Let's get it rolling up the motors, come on, let's get it rolling.
Speaker 2: What do you do at the at your.
Speaker 4: Job, I'm gonna assistant plant manager.
Speaker 2: Sure, okay, you bost people around all day.
Speaker 4: I tried not to as long as they're doing their job. We're good, sir.
Speaker 1: And what is it that you actually specifically do at your place?
Speaker 4: I we, uh, we buy from the public. We buy trapped from the public. We also, you know, buy by the truckload and straight it down and send it overseas if we have to.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Do you have one of those big grinder things that you put metal into that it likes that it like crushes it up.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, we got a big old shredder. It's called Toro. And yeah, it'll make a it'll make a decent motor Now on the pork rank side.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: I am obsessed with those videos.
Speaker 1: It's it's that if it's like I'm thinking, you know, how do you ever see those guys they throw bicycles in there, they throw motorcycles in there, and it just shreds it up. It's that And then it's those presses, that hydraulic presses. I'm obsessed with those videos. Look is there, I don't know how secretive it is over there. Is there anyway you can take a little video of like something getting crushed today and send it to us.
Speaker 4: We gotta I know, wish when you're talking about our crushers, our shredders more, it'll spit back to them the metal towards us. We got it. You know, we got a safeguard all around it.
Speaker 2: You can't get man, gotcha.
Speaker 4: You know we got bags and all. But I know how amused that'll make you though.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, here's what I want, Lupe.
Speaker 1: I just want a picture of you in front of some kind of a piece of big machinery and send it over to me. Email me Rod at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 4: I got you, buddy.
Speaker 1: All right, Lupey, thanks for getting started today.
Speaker 2: I really I.
Speaker 1: Love the positivity so early in the morning. You know, I live for that, man. Thank you very much. Loope.
Speaker 4: Oh you're welcome. I just want everybody makee it's gonna be a great day, and make it a great day, buddy.
Speaker 1: It's a great day to have a great day, Lupey.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. That first phone calls important, man.
Speaker 1: It really does set the tone sometimes, and Loupe did it on the flip. Gonna rerec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 7: And the Rod Ryan Morning Show six am.
Speaker 2: The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome back everybody. Rob Ryan's Show wild Card Wednesday. I'm gonna get set up here. I guess I got a couple of victory speeches. I gotta play here. I chopped one of them. It sounds horrible. The edit is terrible. We got mostly sunny guys today for your hump day low chances the rain hides of around seventy nine.
Speaker 2: Okay, I saw the price is right.
Speaker 1: It's trending ten thousand shows, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: Today is the day.
Speaker 1: So at eleven am today you'll be able to check it out.
Speaker 2: Is that how most people know who Drew Carey is?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Do you think that's his.
Speaker 1: Most famous from The Drew Carrey Show? And whose line is it? Anyway? But I guess he's that stay home sick from school dude. Yeah, he's the guy. You know.
Speaker 3: If I don't watch cable anymore so I don't know. If anybody knows, they if your kids know who carry is, you're streaming Netflix or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, there's a big price is right show on today? So they're giving away ninety thousand dollars, they're ten thousandth show. They're giving away ninety thousand dollars. Why are they ten short? I don't know. So I actually didn't have that as my trends.
Speaker 3: But I did a Southwest plane crash at Midway Airport?
Speaker 1: Did you see this yesterday? I did. It's weird.
Speaker 3: A Southwest plane narrowly avoided colliding the private jet on a runway at Chicago's Midway Airport. The Southwest jet landed and then saw the private jet pulling out in front of it, and then just pulled a whoops, just just went right back up, landed briefly, and then shot right back up into the air to avoid it.
Speaker 1: But a scary situation there.
Speaker 3: In the WNBA, the league's all time leading scorer, Diana Tarassi, is also trending. She and asd her retirement yesterday at the age of forty two. She's a three time WNBA champion, a six time gold medallist, a five time scoring champ and a two time finals MVP now into the m NBA. Luka Doncic had a triple double last night for the Lakers in his first game against the Mavericks since being traded earlier this month at a blockbuster deal.
Speaker 1: So that's what's trending on night. Was by the Buzz lot of Sports. All right, Chili, line them up. We've got a predetermined game here.
Speaker 8: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 1: This is Kevin.
Speaker 8: You're fresh out of bed at the head one day chance, and apparently this teacher is smarter than a ninth grader. Thank goodness, Join me and I make it win number two, bitches.
Speaker 1: All Right, so he says he's squared away and he's ready to play today and he's going to take on this guy.
Speaker 9: Good morning, everybody, Slow fast, Andrew is back twenty five first one pump jump, but not looking to repeat that. I am your fresh on the bed head to head one day champion and I will make it win number two on Wednesday, bitches.
Speaker 1: So just sit back and enjoy the entertainment as these two guys square off.
Speaker 7: The Rod Ryan's Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: So ninety four or five The Buzz Good morning, Rod Ryan's show. That's Papa Roach. There's still tickets remaining for the Papa Roach in the Rise Against Show Rise Against the Roach Tour March twentieth, Toyota Center. Tickets still available through Ticketmaster locations. Okay, guys, I'm going to get right into this game. So I had to explain why these guys are playing each other. Mostly sunny, ten percent chance of rain, hype seventy nine, a little bit of fog to deal with, but nothing that requires an advisory.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go clean.
Speaker 1: This mess up, and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners. Okay, there's Kevin, our teacher.
Speaker 2: He's back on board with us. He's up early.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, Ron. Okay, bro, we were just glad that you were Okay, you missed yesterday. We had to get a substitute teacher in here. You're still going for win number two, right, yes, sir, okay. I thought that ninth grader maybe tracked you down and locked you up or something. All right, good to have you back on our substitute teacher. Yesterday was slow fast Andrew, Andrew, good morning, Yeah, sure, what's up r Okay, bro, So you got to take on the teacher from earlier this week on Monday. So you're both going, sir and I can barely hear well, you should be able to hear him, now, Kevin, would you say hello to substitute teacher slow fast Andrew?
Speaker 6: Hello Andrew, good morning.
Speaker 1: That's better. Okay, Well there you go, gentlemen. I have some Rockets tickets for you. I believe again. I mean one of those weird days where I got papers everywhere. Yeah, you're playing for Rockets tickets. Oh god, I know nothing about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, papers all over the place.
Speaker 1: Teach, you get it, you understand? Okay, well listen, Yeah I don't know. I'm sure it's a good game. Oh you know why I don't have it because I gave it to you yesterday, Alex. Yeah, that's why I don't have it. Okay, that's all good. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. You need two correct answers to win those Rockets tickets, Andrew. Are you ready? Yes, sir, Kevin?
Speaker 2: You good to go?
Speaker 1: Yes? All right, let's get this over with. Let's get an undisputed champion. We have two champions right now, question number one, shout out your name. We're listening for Kevin and Andrew. What sports games are held every four years? Andrew? The Olympics. The Olympics are every four years, Alex, it would it be every two years because the Winter Olympics now offset so yeah, but I mean they each like.
Speaker 3: The Summer Olympics is every four winters every Yeah, okay, you could kind of get away with you.
Speaker 1: I'm just so used to people bitching and emailing me. Stop typing. Yeah, that's why I was a little slow. I was thinking two years.
Speaker 2: You stop, teacher, Kevin.
Speaker 1: Election, all right, here we go. Next question, Kevin, he smoked you on that he was fast fast Andrew on that he apparently. Here we go, Kevin and Andrew. Question number two. What is James Bond's code name? Andrew double O seven? Yeah, he's also I mean he's not only an international spy, but he's also a player on this game from Front of the Time. Uh. He got you cleanly on that one too, Kevin.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: We got to see you got to get you out of here. Get out of here, all right, I'll get back I hope, so, Kevin, I hope. So we're glad you're well and all that. Okay, So now we got an undisputed champion. There's only one champion. All is right with the world.
Speaker 2: Slow past. Andrew's never been in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: But avoiding a second, You've already been a one pump chump this year.
Speaker 2: I hate to bring that up, but you avoided that. So you got the two.
Speaker 1: You got the two wins.
Speaker 2: It's a different year for you, Andrew. This is the year you getting in the into the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 1: Am I right on that?
Speaker 7: This is my year?
Speaker 9: Can I give a shout out to my kids Cooper and Harrison, who are listening right now.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I didn't even say yes or no, you just did it, so it's done.
Speaker 6: I don't need your permission.
Speaker 1: Rod, It's all good, It's all good, all right, shout out to the kiddos.
Speaker 2: Good Win today, bro Ryan Show ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Experience Adventure into the Cosmic on the Mill Bus ninety four five buzz, Good morning, Rod Ryan Show stained and for you it's wild Card Wednesday. Everybody. Thank you for being up dark and early with us. Ten percent chance of rain today, twenty percent chances tonight mostly sunny today. I'll take that man and HI have seventy nine. Yeah, doors are open, let's go. Let's get some fresh air in those filthy homes.
Speaker 2: The fresh out of.
Speaker 1: Bed head to Head Challenge.
Speaker 2: Here's your current champion. We only have one champion now too. I think he mentions that.
Speaker 9: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 10: This is slow Fast Andrew, avoiding a one pump chump for the second time this year, making me your fresh out of bed head to head two day champions and the only champion on Houston right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, two questions, two answers.
Speaker 10: You're welcome Rod, join me on thick Thursday as I make it win number three.
Speaker 1: It was like that time that we had two popes, like who's the church, Who's setting the rules here? You know, we had two champions running around at the same time. Occasionally that will happen, but now there's only one. His name is slow Fast Andrew. He happened to be pretty fast fast, pretty fast fast Andrew. Today Pierce the veil June twelfth, Woodland's Pavilions.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got tickets for you, but.
Speaker 11: First, it's the fuck that's of the day. We make you look smart in front of your buddies. It's the Fuck's the.
Speaker 1: Day brought us some new fun facts for you, Alex. I'm wondering if you knew this. These seemed like your guys. Well, it seems like there's a lot of your guys in here. Louis C. K Matt LeBlanc of Friends Fame, and Joe Rogan. We're all in the same high school graduating class, the class of nineteen eighty five at Newton North High School in Newton, Massachusetts. Did not know that all in the same class. Yeah, it's crazy. Twelve years later, John Krasinski and bj Novak, we're both in the graduating class of ninety seven at Newton South High School. I did know they went to high school. Yeah, they graduated together. So there was a there was a North and a South situation over there at Newton in Newton, Massachusetts. Pretty wild. At least six hundred zombie movies have been released since nineteen twenty. Apparently that was the very first zombie movie in the twenties. More than half of them have come out in the twenty first century. That is f.
Speaker 2: WOA, So the twenty first.
Speaker 1: Century has been around for about twenty five years. That's over three hundred zombie movies. We like our zombie movies. Apparently a lot employees at Ben and Jerry's get three free pints of ice cream every single day. That also comes with a free gym membership. That's neat three pints a day. It seems like a lot. That is a lot of ice cream, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Oh my god, I'd be taking home Chubby Hubby every night.
Speaker 11: It's the fun.
Speaker 1: Back to the day.
Speaker 11: We make you look smarty. Everybody's it's the funk back to the day.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you the last time I had Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Yeah, Chubby Hubby, Cherry Garcia one Sweet Swirl.
Speaker 2: You know what that is?
Speaker 1: No, that's the Dave Matthews one one Sweet World. I like on sleet Swirl or something like that. I like fish Food and Americoon Dream. Yeah. Yeah, they're pretty interesting guys. Ben and Jerry on the Fun Facts before Okay, Pierce the veiled tickets June twelfth, Woodlands Pavilion, your back. What is a sign of a chimpanzee's intelligence? Seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's a pretty great ticket, So I'm going to need you to remember what we talked about yesterday.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's now time for rockout, win yours dock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: Okay, the money. Honey's on the phone again. Hi, hell brother, good morning there he is. Hi, Hell, Hey, how do you do on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 6: Another mixed day on Wall Street? The Dow was up one hundred and fifty nine points. Kick off this morning at forty three six twenty one NASDAC down two sixty to nineteen thousand and twenty six bench markten year treasury that's trading at a four point three one percent in oil stands at sixty eight dollars eighty cents of barrel to the most actors, the Big Studs, Walmart, Home Depot and Sherwyn Williams, Big Juts, Navidia, Goldman, Sachs, and IBM. On the economic calendar, this morning, we'll get numbers on new home sales for January right now. Futures are on the upside. That means we'll have a positive opening. Right you're on Wall Street. That's it. I'm maat here. This is Hawlin Man. He's director with Gramy James Port for the Rode Ryan so I from Raymond James on sant Flipped in Augusta and don't forget to always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 5: Viman's expressed are those of Holland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or its sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to RAND. This program is are educational and informational services on the studs of douts are based on the movement as reported by Young and I am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five The Buzz. Welcome back, rod Ryan Sheer Mcbrian check out Marian to make brain on Bryan, I love we I don't know if you have a big brain or not. We're going to find out what is the sign of a chimpaign intelligence Brian growing poop. Yeah, And the more accurately the chimp throws their poopy, the stronger their brain is.
Speaker 2: This show loves a good poop story.
Speaker 1: Brian, You're the winner. Congratulations, Let's go let go. You're gonna be You're gonna be rocking out at that pierced the Vale Show on June twelfth, Woodlands Pavilion. Everyone else has to go to ticket Master to get their tickets. Not you, Brian, because you know, because you know the chimp poop fact. All Right, dude, have an awesome day.
Speaker 3: Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: I'm getting ninety four point five the bus station from iHeartRadio The Rod Bryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four or five the bus, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. In this wild card Wednesday, lots going on today. Man, we're very, very busy. I guess the most of important thing, maybe the most exciting thing is that chili ser That's really what it's always number one. And then what's exciting after that number two is we're adding a Buzzfest band and we're going to add that and announce that at eight twenty this morning, and we'll jam a little bit of.
Speaker 2: We'll play one of their hits.
Speaker 1: They've got hits, We'll play one of their hits, and then maybe I'll even give away some tickets and then I gotta squeeze in some shine down tickets. So the eight o'clock hour is going to be very, very busy. So that's really fun. The golf tournament is sold out. That's a big announcement. Thank you very much at Bells for all of you. Thank you. And then you can still apply online to come down and play Read my Lips. Winner is going to be announced at the end of the show today. We got to get one of you in here to play the Chile tomorrow Read my Lips. It's been going great having you guys come in and play around with the twins. It's been really really fun. I've liked it. If and when no, When when when we get a co host in here? When?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: When when we get a co host in here? We're I just could be no.
Speaker 1: When are we just abandoning the whole listeners coming in? We kind of have to I don't know, I don't know what to do. I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's no playbook here.
Speaker 1: And it sounds like it mostly Sonny High seventy nine Today, Alex, what are Houston's headlines? Well, good morning everyone, good morning home Room.
Speaker 3: Ukraine says that it has agreed to a mineral deal with the United States, granting the US access to some of the country's critical mineral resources, including rare earth elements. The agreement proposes the creation of a joint fund, with both countries sharing equal rights to manage the.
Speaker 1: Develop of these resources.
Speaker 3: Russian President Vladimir Putin is also making a play, offering joint exploration of Russia's vast rare earth metal deposits, as well as the country's supply of aluminium to the US market. The offer comes as President Trump seeks to secure critical minerals for the US industries, which are central firm manufacturing things like electronics, electric vehicles, and defense system President Trump is also announcing a new pathway to citizenship for wealthy investors. He said yesterday that the US will sell what is called a gold card for around five million dollars. Speaking in the Oval Office, Trump said that the Gold card will be similar to a Green card, but at a higher level of sophistication. Trump said that it will be a route to citizenship and that wealthy people will be coming into our country by buying the card.
Speaker 1: I never thought that this is the I Got a Golden Ticket song from the original Willy Wonka. Is this real? I guess.
Speaker 3: I'm just reading the news story I read this morning. But uh, you can buy a gold card.
Speaker 2: Now, you buy a golden ticket for the US.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she coosps five million dollars. You have five million dollars.
Speaker 2: What does it money go?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Doge probably Doge climb.
Speaker 3: A new report from Waller Hub ranks the hardest working cities and in the country.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is a sensitive one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When you look at the list, and I mean when you when you look at what they look They compared to the one hundred and sixteen biggest cities in the US on eleven key metrics like number of workers with multiple jobs, average work.
Speaker 1: Week hours, and the employment rate.
Speaker 3: I also think that it's like cost of living in some of them, and maybe it means that, like some of these cities don't pay their employees enough because you're having to work multiple jobs in these situations. So the hardest working city in twenty twenty five is Anchorage, Alaska. Burlington, Vermont is the least hard work hard hardest working city, and Houston was the twenty eighth hardest working city in the country. According to the report, which Texas cities in the top ten Irving, Texas, Dallas, Texas, Arlington, Texas, which is all pretty much the same place, and then Austin, Texas. So really it's two because do you get the whole DFW area basically Austin. You think those stoners are hard working the next but they all are doing side gigs and all that stuff. So if that's what it's factoring in, like people with multiple jobs, I think that contributes to it. Out of San Francisco is like the most expensive place to live in the United States, so you probably have to work multiple jobs to be able to afford a place day unless you're rich.
Speaker 1: So you think our affordability is keeping us off the list because it's not as sach. I think the.
Speaker 3: Houston is a more affordable city than a lot of them. Okay, maybe not one hundred percent, but like I don't know, Anchorage, Alaska just sounded like it.
Speaker 1: It makes sense. I just don't like seeing four Texas cities on there. Oh, these are all these hard working cities in the state of Texas, and then we're not even in there.
Speaker 3: But again, Dallas, Irving, and Arlington are all the same place, all right. The marketing firm Apex Marketing claims that Taylor Swift brings in a billion dollars in publicity to the NFL.
Speaker 1: One exec said, quote, if you were a.
Speaker 3: Brand and you wanted to go and buy media for your product or service, you would have to spend this amount to garner this level of media exposure. They also said that even with her getting booed at the Super Bowl that it was still good for business because it kept the conversation going.
Speaker 1: So you thought you were getting to her, you weren't doing anything.
Speaker 3: So you can complain all you want about Taylor ruining the NFL, but unless you got a billion dollars to hand over to him, they don't care.
Speaker 2: That's why they.
Speaker 1: Keep showing her.
Speaker 2: It's a big number you're getting.
Speaker 3: You're getting people to watch, You're getting girlfriends and wives to tune in to stuff they wouldn't normally tune in, which drives up ratings, which makes them buy gear that are Chief's geared, because it just drabs Kelsey gear. Because they want to watch their girl Taylor like she's making the money and you can not like it, but it's not making it not true. It's a big number though, a billion dollars in advertising.
Speaker 1: Come on, I could see that though.
Speaker 3: It was the most successful team in the last three years.
Speaker 1: And she's like every game it was.
Speaker 3: There were every sports site was like, oh, will Taylor Swift be at the game this week? Well, she's brown game week four? Like yeah, everybody everybody cared or everybody paid attention to it.
Speaker 1: Good or not.
Speaker 3: Bear Tooth, I Prevail, Kill Switch, Engage, and Parkway Drive all joining forces this summer for the Summer of Loud to It'll kick off June twenty first in West Palm Beach, Florida, and wrap up on July twenty seventh and Charlotte. It'll feature a rotating lineup of headlining bands, with supporting acts like The Devil Wears, Product Amity Affliction, and Alpha Wolf on the tour as well. Who is gonna stop in Houston on June twenty seventh where they're gonna play at the Woodlands.
Speaker 1: Tickets go in sale Friday at ten.
Speaker 3: Am unless you're listening to The Rod Ryan Show, where you can win them before you buy them.
Speaker 1: I got them on Not the Show Today. Chile put them on Not the Show Today, shot to us. So, yeah, the last thing we do before we get out of here, we'll get you into the show that you're talking about right now. Those are Houston's headlines. See not all these tours skip ups, not all of them, you know, just some All right? What you got going on in sports? Rockets gotta win.
Speaker 3: Last night they got by the Bucks one hundred and ninety seven.
Speaker 1: It was a very physical game.
Speaker 3: Amen Thompson got ejected for pretty much body slamming Giannis at Tentha Kumpo. Jalen Green had twenty five points of the night to lead all players and scoring. Rockets were back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Spurs at the Toyota Center Zip offs Aday thirty and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In baseball down Spring training, Astro's gotta win yesterday they beat the Mets eight to five. They'll play the Nationals today in West Palm Beach, Florida. First pitches at twelve oh five. You can hear that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Okay, guys, you have it. It's one hour down. How about that?
Speaker 7: And went by quick the Rod Ryan Morning show six to ten am, The Bus, right.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five the bus, Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Welcome to the seventh spot. If you're carrying over from homeroom and you're just kind of joining us, thank you, you're just joining us.
Speaker 2: Wakey, wakey, Hands off those snakies.
Speaker 1: Can I share a real quick I got a couple of emails here that I'd like to share. This one came from Carlos Moreno, Brother Rod, why I.
Speaker 2: Can't stop watching Hydrating Rocks.
Speaker 1: Bro, You totally discounted how great three things you must See yesterday was hydrating I did Hydrating Rocks yesterday the lead and there was an amazing story about a veteran on three things you must see, and I put that down at number two. I know the disrespect, but hydrating rocks. You have a rock that's in like a little like a like a babbling brook, right little stream, and.
Speaker 2: The top of the rock is, you know, dry, it's outside of the water.
Speaker 1: Some guy comes in and takes a sponge and hydrates the rock. And I was in your nose, in your algorithm. He saw he moistens the rock. And my kid says this Now she watches something on TV or on the phone. She's like, Daddy, look or or she'll do it live with something that's in the house. Look how satisfying this is, Like that's the thing that kids say, Look, how satisfying this is. Hydrating Rocks yesterday was awesome. He says, I can't stop watching Hydrating Rocks my day?
Speaker 2: Or did it your boy, Carlos?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Carlos. You are my boy. You're my boy, Carlos. You know it's been my algorithm the last two days.
Speaker 3: It's I don't I don't know if it's funny or mean, but it makes me laugh every time. And it's just this this guy that plays piano in public and then when somebody comes and tries to sing along with him, he just gets up and walks away.
Speaker 1: Like there's like a crowd of people being like, oh what are you doing? And then some girl comes and tries to like whale and he's like nope, I'm out.
Speaker 2: Just walks away.
Speaker 3: That happens a lot, Like Yeah, it's like on my feet. It's like every like five or six now, and I will watch it to completion every single time.
Speaker 1: I like that. I'd like to see that.
Speaker 2: But then if I see it, then that's all.
Speaker 1: I'll say, I'll sing a couple to you.
Speaker 2: Can you have any space? Can I get some?
Speaker 1: I don't care if it's major Tom, I don't care if it's your spacebed, I don't.
Speaker 2: Can I get some spacey, some kind of a not nothing.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't need Kevin spacey, but I need some space type music. Oh thank you. You didn't want you want Kevin Spacey. I didn't need House of Cards. I needed I needed something real space. All right? He says, no names. You're always safe with me when you say no names.
Speaker 2: Brother Rod.
Speaker 1: I wanted and this is just cool because he listens to the show. I wanted to share some exciting local space news with you. I happen to be an engineer with Intuitive Machines, an all American aerospace company based right here in Houston, Texas. Today February twenty sixth, six seventeen pm Central Time, we will be launching our second mission to the Moon, the IM two Nice, from Cape Canaveral, Florida. Last year, we made history with IM one as the first private American company to land on the Moon in over half a century since the Apollo era. I wanted to spread the word that We're still Space City. We would appreciate any good luck support from you and your listeners. The launch coverage will be NASA dot gov backslash Live. Thank you for everything you guys do for the local community. I've been a listener for approximately sixteen years. Sock sock shoe shoe. Oh, he's the smart guy. He goes against what I do. Maybe I should switch ad Lunum, ad Lunam. I had to look it up. To the Moon. I was going to say, it means something moon, Yeah, ad Lunam. He wrote, yeah, to the Moon. He's an engineer at Intuitive Machines.
Speaker 2: Pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: I kind of put I kind of designated Tessa like in charge of like the space program. Here, just to keep track, because for a while there, do you remember all three billionaires were going up in space at the same time. Do you remember all three of them? It was Elon Musk, it was then Richard Branson. Richard Branson was the other, and then Jeff Bezos and Jeff Bezos. At one time there was like three urgeon there was three trips to the Moon going on. It seems like Richard Branson kind of dropped out. Yeah, it's like I'm gonna buy islands instead, I.
Speaker 2: Guess, but I just couldn't keep track.
Speaker 1: And then there's this sort of thing that's happening, and then NASA is still a program, but I don't know how any of it works. But apparently we're launching our second mission to the Moon. The only thing that he did not tell me is is this a manned spacecraft? I think when we landed on the Moon, I don't think there was a dude or a chicken there, not even a chimp.
Speaker 2: Are we going back to.
Speaker 1: The chimps or something? Maybe? Yeah, I don't know what's going on with this, So I thought that was cool. We are space city and there's still spacey things that are happening in our great city, and he should want to get that out there. I wouldn't have known about it. We wouldn't have talked about it. Maybe tomorrow, if we land on the Moon, we would have maybe talked about it. But now we're ahead of it and we know that that's going to happen tonight. So I'm gonna send it over to Chile and I'm gonna ask him to maybe put out a just put out a blog page so that it has the link on there if you want to see We're landing on the moon. I can't get over it.
Speaker 3: The cool like Latin phrase ad lunum. We need to do like what is Latin for radio ad radio? And then like that's our rod Ryan Collett action.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm sure there's AD AD radio. All right, well, I'm sure if you'd like to buy ads, I got somebody that can hook you up with for the radio. I know that great job going back to the moon, and it did it, and we're doing We're doing it. We're doing it, and it's all because of the things that are happening here in the city that we live in. And I always always will push that stuff absolutely first, all right, there's the space he names, all right on the flip, I gotta take a break, got a right check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then let's give away some tickets to go see BlackBerry Smoke Fall on the Way.
Speaker 7: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back, everybody. I got a great rock and roll band concert ticket for you. I have a rock and roll situation that I will get you in great show at the seventye to three Music Hall. So sit tight for that mostly sunny today. Ten percent chance of ring hive around seventy nine. Oh alex oh Rod. Just see anything that's trending.
Speaker 3: I share about wild Card Wednesday is trending. We got Bambi aka Ashley Arolano, submitted to us by listener b dogs. You haven't taken a look. Everybody head and over and check her out. Give it up for bambyam me and that's right. Get that Boody on duty up next to Mercedes. John Lithgow is also trending. The actor confirms that he will be playing Dumbledore in HBO's new Harry Potter series.
Speaker 1: Hey, I watched The Harry Potter for the first time ever. You've never seen Harry Potter. No, they bangings a little over like I'm a little past that. I remember when the phenomenon. I thought it was great. Kids were reading books and all of that read the books twice. Not well, that sounded like a brad has a kid. It's ring great coming up. So we're going to Universal Studios and my kid, she's too young.
Speaker 2: The Harry Potter stuffs can be the.
Speaker 1: First and watch it. She'll be going to become a witch. The first one's a little scary, but we watched the first one just I wanted her to know what the heck?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Ward double door and yeah, and then who's the big hairy guy. He's got a motorcycle? Ride? Yeah, you got ride Hagard's motorcycle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go to diagon Alley, get you a wand from all the Vanders.
Speaker 1: And then there's ninth in the ninth and three quarter platform from nine to three quarters. You don't know, you don't know what house? Do you think?
Speaker 3: Lennon wants to be in the Snake one a Slytherin. I can see him being a Slytherin.
Speaker 1: Takes takes a little courage to be puff.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: John Lithgow, Uh, I just I've been rewatching Dexter and he just terrifies me after that role.
Speaker 2: He's a great actor.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also training is Rob Gronkowski.
Speaker 3: I don't know that's not true, this is, but there's reports that he's considering unretiring.
Speaker 2: The dude is in wicked shape.
Speaker 1: He's in wicked shape. This just brought me to have.
Speaker 3: You seen did you see what was going on with JJ Watt? He owns the soccer club or he's a part owner of the soccer club Burnley, and the goalkeeper at Burnley was like, hey, dude, I'm a Bengals fan. Anyway I can get you to get back into the league and play for the Bengals. And he was like, you know what, if you don't give up a goal for the remainder of the season, then I will go back. And he has gone twelve consecutive shutouts since that. Really, I think he's got twelve or thirteen more games. But JJ was like, crap, I might have to might have to sign back up.
Speaker 1: To play in the league.
Speaker 3: Well, Rob Grokowski reportedly is considering a return to the NFL.
Speaker 1: Gronk is wild enough to do it. Okay, they go back together in the town town where I come from. Dude, I think you'd like this band, Dude, Black Fairy Smoke. I've listened to black I think you'd really really like them. This is one of their more mellow songs. They are a rock band. They are awesome. They're playing March twenty eighth, seven one to three music Hall. I got a pair of BlackBerry Smoke tickets for calling number ten seven one three, two point two five nine four five. Hey, we don't need your attitude. We have one of our own. The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four fives of us.
Speaker 12: From some other begins sad at song, I know, get out of the morn you get some to go home ninety four or five the bus, good morning.
Speaker 1: I know that's not what the song's about.
Speaker 2: Look it up, read about it.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody, help, You're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 2: Every time I mentioned closing time and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you know, the last song everybody get out of the bar.
Speaker 2: Well, you know that's not what those songs about. Rod, I know, I out.
Speaker 1: Rock mostly sunning today. Ten percent chance of rain highs up around seventy nine. Let's go over to the phones here. Good morning, Hello, good morning, Hello, Hello, Hi.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 3: This is Star.
Speaker 2: Is your name really Star?
Speaker 1: Or is that just like a nickname? It's really my name. That's the coolest. That's pretty cool. Lost Boys, Lost Boys, there was somebody named Star the trick like the love interest of the guy that the Yeah, yeah, Star, great name your colored ten congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 7: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I've never won anything. I don't remember you being on the show to be honest with you. Star. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, Actually, me and my kids have met you at Monster Vium like every year. No, I've never been on the show.
Speaker 2: No kidding.
Speaker 1: All right, now, did were your parents like hippies? You could say, I guess maybe my dad. I don't know. Okay, did you give your kids interesting names?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: I did it.
Speaker 3: My husband wodn't let me.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 2: It's like just rut of the middle names.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: There's there's uh Cindy loo and and all right, well listen to Star.
Speaker 2: You are going to the BlackBerry Smoke Show.
Speaker 1: Yay.
Speaker 7: I love them.
Speaker 1: These guys look like hippies. And that lead singer, I don't really know a whole lot about them.
Speaker 2: I just know that I.
Speaker 1: Really really like him, and I always tell everybody I got a couple of albums, so that maybe the best Port Chop like Harry Port Chop Sideburns in all of rock right now. The BlackBerry Smoke guys. That's all I know him as the BlackBerry Smoke Guy. It's March twenty eight, that's seven to one to three music Hall. Okay, Star, have a great time, all right, thank you?
Speaker 4: Ron?
Speaker 2: What is can I ask you this?
Speaker 1: What is the all time greatest gas station snack food star. I'm putting you on the spot.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm gonna have to go with beef jerky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, beat Jerky's getting what I said.
Speaker 1: There's a ton of people that are saying beef jerky. There was a study, like a national study that Kroger for some reason, was involve. I wanted to see what our listeners thought. There's a lot of beef jerky out there. Star, good answer. Have a great time again, BlackBerry Smoke Show. I hope I get to see you there. Okay, thank you, You'll have a great day. Thank you you two. I was My latest road trip was just me coming back from Marty Grug Galveston.
Speaker 2: And you know you're gonna you're gonna experience this.
Speaker 1: Alex.
Speaker 2: Your kid sees that Bucky sign and it's like, you gotta.
Speaker 1: Go to BUCkies. It's I'm telling you, it's like it's like a drug. It's like a cult. Kids see that Bucky sign and they just we gotta go. We gotta go. Kids want to go.
Speaker 2: So we went and uh and she knows.
Speaker 1: Well, because she knows, I'll let her get it like some kind of a snack for the road. Trip. So normally it's some sort of a gummy type situation that we're in, or some sort of ridiculously sour, just nasty stuff that I don't even want to taste. She bought peppermint saltwater taffy this time? Is she a bag historically?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: I have never known her to have that ever in her life. And then the negotiation starts and she goes, can I have two or three? We bought a bag of the point, yeah, can I have two or three for the trip home? And I said, you can have one hour trip, you can have two. That's a plenty of sugar just sitting on your teeth. And then I couldn't even avoid it. I bought I can't believe how much I enjoy coffee.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 1: Of course I put a ton of cream in it, but I'm a pandemic coffee drinker.
Speaker 2: I bought chocolate covered coffee beans.
Speaker 3: It's like like a five hour energy without having to have a five hour er.
Speaker 1: I guess, so I have coffee to go. But the goat of driving food snack food, road trip food. The way that it's worded is gas station snacks America's favorite gas station snacks. I got a list for you. Kroger came out with their report. I don't know why Kroger got involved in this. They're a supermarket chain. I guess I'll know that. Well, they do have gas.
Speaker 2: They do have gas.
Speaker 1: So they use Google data to find the most popular snacks in each state and in the US overall. They used all sorts of different metrics here and.
Speaker 2: The number one snack, the number.
Speaker 1: One most popular gas station snack in America is rice Krispy treats.
Speaker 3: Rice Krispy treats are good, but I wouldn't consider a gas station snag because you get like your hand could get sticky. You're eating those things and then.
Speaker 1: You're driving, You're driving a sticky hand. No, thank you. Does it come across as the book was better? If I say that making them at home is way better than the prepackaged ones, no, because that's true because you could put extra butter in the ones at extra butter.
Speaker 3: Mom and my wife would make the best rice krispy But I'm sure everybody says that about but like they rock.
Speaker 1: Well, that should ask you about for the recipe. Then she could leave something out.
Speaker 2: No, she wouldn't do that, Yes she does.
Speaker 1: She would not do that. Rice Krispy Treats was number one, beef jerky was two, Taketo's at three, Chex Mex at Chex Mix at three, Snickers Dorito's total.
Speaker 2: Even know what that is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the little triangles. Yeah, it's like a Swiss candy bar. Seventy five year olds and older. Eth does real big in Canada. I bet no wonder Hi Chew at eight.
Speaker 2: I had to look it up.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that was, like bubblegum Hi Chew. I think it's like little gummy fruits. Yeah, I don't believe that. Flameing hot Cheetos and peanut m and ms round out your top ten. I could see the last two for sure. Uh, I don't know. I wanted to see what our listeners. I put it up early this morning. What's the all time best case gas station snack?
Speaker 3: What percentage of the nation's beef jerky you think is purchased at gas stations?
Speaker 12: Oo?
Speaker 1: Eighty Yeah, you're saying gas stations and not grocery stores. Not grocery stores, eighty eighty percent.
Speaker 3: If they are purchased at grocery stores, it's because you're going to be passing a bunch of gas stations eventually.
Speaker 1: Kathy Burnett says boiled peanuts. I don't think our bodies were meant to try to break down the shell of a peanut. Uh yeah, but they rock tummy ache. You just don't see enough boiled peanuts.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know when I lived in Georgia, they would put it like people on the side of the road and sell them.
Speaker 1: I didn't. It's the Carolina thing, too, South Carolina. I had them, and I thought I was gonna crap my pants at a music festival. David Serveza says tacos. Charles Falgo says corn nuts. Goods aren't like a snack, that's a meal. Yes, cornnuts, break your teeth on those. Jesse says roller grill thingies. Oh like the hot dogs. You've been there for who knows how long? Yep, Doritos and bean dips, says fee Circlekse hot dogs, beef, jerky, slim gym Reese's sticks, beaver nuggets, anything edible in BUCkies, white cheddar, popcorn, old English? What do you a snager on? Shoe polish?
Speaker 2: The hell is old English? Isn't that?
Speaker 1: The repaired doors? Chamoy gummies from BUCkies, The Buffalo Ranch Chicken hot dog deals from seven to eleven.
Speaker 2: There's something called a Buffalo Ranch chicken hot dog.
Speaker 1: Boy does not fat boy does not need to know about that, all right, that's what they're talking about on our Facebook page this morning snack time. A lot of people are gonna be out on the roads spring break, hisd spring break next week. Nice right for two weeks, two weeks, two weeks, two weeks from house. Yeah, oh yeah, right around the corner. Just FYI will be off. It's our first holiday, it's our first vacation of the year. The rod Ryan Show on four five the bus, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. That's popa roach, even if it kills me. Good morning we have. I guess it's it's under the umbrella of a concert announcement, because we're announcing another band that's going to be added to the already stellar Buzzfest lineup at a twenty today. Well, we'll talk about the band, we'll play the music from that, we'll add them to the lineup officially, and then why not, why don't I'll give you some Buzzfest tickets today on the show. Alex, you're my you're my Twitter guy, all right, You're my Twitter. You're my ex guy. Uh huh, so you can you can speak on this a little bit. There's other radio stations here. There's backed five or six radio stations here, and you know everybody's on mornings. You know, you see everybody at the coffee machine or whatever. We have an awesome sports talk show over on Sports Talk seven ninety, the Sean Salisbury Show, and Brian Lilima is his co host.
Speaker 2: I just ran into Brian in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: I saw him walking down there. Okay, so so so every now and then I'll just say, hey, dude, you know what's the hot topic? What do you guys? You know what's going on today? Just to make some talk, you know what I mean? You know, I'm getting my coffee ready. And he said, well, we were talking astros. But then have you guys talked about Mary Kate Cornette at all? And I said, no, what's going on? He said, well, they go to school here, but there's the Houston connection her she's from here, he's from here, Houston and the girl hooked up with her boyfriend's dad. And I just said, why are we talking about that? We didn't talk about the Steve Smith stuff that happened over the weekend. Yeah, but this has got a Houston connection somehow. Okay, this is what they're doing down. This is what Sean Salisbury's doing. Former NFL player Sean Salisbury, great guy. I'm looking at some of these tweets right now. It says the insane part isn't even that she hooked up with her boyfriend's dad. It's that the boyfriend kept dating her after finding out. Can I get? I mean, I know you're busy over there, but can I just get I don't even need a deep dive.
Speaker 2: Can I just get? Can you get in the shallow end of this story?
Speaker 5: For no?
Speaker 3: I did see her name trending, But if I don't know someone's name, I assume that it's politics and I kind of stick away from it.
Speaker 1: It's not politics, I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, think about Mary Kate Cornette does sound like she would be like a senator.
Speaker 1: Think about your dad hooking up with your chick. She wouldn't be my chick anymore. I'd go full melendasz Menndez.
Speaker 2: Well, it'd be worse.
Speaker 1: The Melenda's were even dangerous, dangerous night thirty years.
Speaker 2: Okay, can we get on that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems like something that you would. I'm gonna work on it. I don't know if there's a sports angle here somehow, but we're gonna need to catch up with our our counterparts down at the sports station. They're talking about cooler stuff than us. Well, I didn't know that was something we could be talking about. All right, Well, trending is coming up right into a half hour.
Speaker 3: There's also a meme corn never made it down. You can buy a Cornett corn all.
Speaker 1: Right, Hey, we're gonna start talking about cool stuff, all right. I think we already talked about cool stuff.
Speaker 2: Dude, this is way better than beef jerky. I don't jerky rock way better than beef jerky?
Speaker 1: Okay? Uh? And chili that goes for you too. On your side, I expect, I want, I want to know what's going on with the story here. Please please get my team out there, get out the feelers, Rock and Alternative.
Speaker 5: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five, the bus, Good Morning rod Ryan Shows, either fake It seven eleven Chicken Rollers? Is that the teqitas? I guess, dude, I don't know. I got a couple of emails are like Rod, they are awesome. You gotta go check those out. I'm like, I don't need to check any of that stuff out. Don't tell me about that stuff. I don't need to know that. I don't like getting the stuff off the rollers because.
Speaker 3: Like again, you don't know how long it's been up there, But I like the balls of people that do get stuff off the rollers. Like that's the guy I wanted my team. Yeah, this guy doesn't care. Seven to eleven chicken roller, now I need one. Could have been there since nan just rolling around.
Speaker 1: Help your up to a great start to your day. It's Wildcard Wednesday. We got some happenings going on. At around eight twenty. I'm going to tell you the Buzzfest band that we are adding to the great lineup, and I'll give you some tickets. I'm also gonna try to squeeze some shine Down tickets in that eight o'clock hour. So we are going to be busy. Here's your reminder. If you haven't signed up to come down and play the chile A read my lips tomorrow, you can sign up on Links and Guests. Apparently he's building a blog page for that chick that bang your boyfriend's dad. Yeah, so we'll get into that around trending. Thank you Sports Talk seven ninety for the show prep All right, what did we prep for today? What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Well, Ukraine says that it has agreed to a mineral deal with the United States, granting the US access to some of the country's critical mineral resources, including rare elements. The agreement proposes the creation of a joint fund, with both countries sharing equal rights to manage and develop these resources.
Speaker 1: Russian President Vladimir Putin is.
Speaker 3: Also making a play offering joint exploration of Russia's vast rare earth metal deposits, as well as the country's supply of aluminium to the US market. The offers come as President Trump seeks to secure critical mineral rights for US industries, which are essential for manufacturing things like electronics, electric vehicles, and dispensed systems.
Speaker 1: Those were a lot of weird words.
Speaker 3: More than three point two million former public service workers, including teachers, firefighters, and police officers, are going to soon receive increased social security benefits. This change follows the appeal of the windfall Elimination provision and government pension offset through the bipartisan Social Security Active assigned into law by former President Joe Biden last year. The Social Security Administration has announced that retroactive payments will be processed immediately, with most recipients receiving these payments by the end of next month. Increased monthly benefits are set to begin in April. A lot of people remember where they were during major events like the moon, the moon landing, the Challenger explosion nine to eleven. But do you remember where you were during the dress You had started the show already.
Speaker 1: I was on the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember debating it with you and Dinah, and this was the dress.
Speaker 2: You and I saw gold and white.
Speaker 1: Dinah thought that that dress was blue and black, right, and we're looking at the exact same picture and we're seeing something different.
Speaker 3: And ten years later, today's the anniversary of it. Ten years later, we're still fighting about it.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's been optical illusions before, but I don't remember like one taking over the whole show and the internet and everything, and then there were there were several things afterwards, but this was a huge thing that everybody was involved in. Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: And so it is the tenth anniversary of the Vile Dress post and two thirds of people said that they saw a white and gold dress, but it was actually black blue. It was all because of an optical illusion created by weird lighting and an overexposed background. I'm not ever going to say it was black and blue. I don't care that they're saying it was. Did you ever see black? I did, but I saw gold and white first. So that's what it is. Yes, And if you tell me it's not, it's like if you tell me that Pluto is not a planet. I was taught that it was a planet. My eyes told me that it was gold and white, and I will not be deceived.
Speaker 2: I was always a golden white guy, like you still am.
Speaker 1: But something would happen every now and then if I stared at it long enough, Like remember those like those things that the mall close your eyes open real fast, and you know, okay, I used to be able to see like a clipper ship yep, in the whatever those things were called optical. Yeah, you could almost like train your eyes to go another way with the colors. It was wild.
Speaker 3: But happy anniversary to the dress. I wonder who's wearing that today? To celebrate the ten thousandth episode of The Price Is Right airs today, it'll mark the milestone, they're going to give away ninety thousand dollars in cash and prizes. Over the course of the show that began in nineteen seventeen, seventy five people have been called to come on down and contestants have walked away with more.
Speaker 1: Than three hundred million dollars.
Speaker 3: You can watch the ten thousandth episode today at eleven am on CBS. I feel like there's been a lot of like celebrities that were on the Prices right that you see. I know Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad was on at one time, and you I've seen a bunch of people that before they were famous, before he was famous. Okay, maybe he was a like a Z list actor at that point, but I.
Speaker 1: Remember seeing Vanna White was on the show before she was turning letters. She was on the old Bob Barker version. I guess a contestant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know a lot of Big Brother players and like I've seen Survivor people that this person's actually been on this before too.
Speaker 1: I always wanted to go. I just thought it would be cool. And the friends that lived in LA They're just like, no, we've never been to a game show. Why not? I don't know if they do over there, I don't know.
Speaker 3: D Yeah, congratulations to the prices right DVR that at eleven Am right here on CBS locally, Ozzy Osbourne is doing a documentary about his health struggles as the rockstar prepares for his final performance. He has a lot of health issues to overcome, and Paramount Plus is going to document the whole journey. Ozzie says, quote, the last six years has been full of some of the worst times I've been through. And he also said that there were times where he thought he was a goner, but that making music and two albums saved him and that he would have gone nuts without the music. The rocks Are also said that he wants to be a who wants this whole documentary a proper goodbye to all of the fans that have supported him over all of these years. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: All right now, let's let's keep you around, all right, you can tell us what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: Well, Rockets got to win last night. They got by the Bucks one hundred and ninety seven. Jalen Green had twenty five points of the night to lead all players in scoring. Rockets will be back in Action tonight to host the Spurs at Toyota Center. Tip Offs at eight thirty and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. Then down at Spring Training, the Astros got to win yesterday. They beat the Mets eight to five. They're going to play the Nationals today in West Palm Beach, Florida. First pitch is at twelve oh five, and you can hear that on our sisters station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 7: Come on Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The Rod Rost the.
Speaker 5: Morning Show from six to ten AM. Ninety four or five, Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, ninety four or five, The Buzz Collective Soul in December, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, a flight part of the show, Peep har mostly Sunday today, ten percent chance of rain, highs up around seventy nine. Wild Card Wednesday, Big hour for us. We're going to be announcing or adding announcing and adding a band to the Buzzfest lineup. Hopefully you guys wanna still come out and party with us on Buzzfest. We're just gonna sweeten the pot a little bit. And I'm not even adding the nickel to the ticket price. I'm not adding anything. This one's on the arm. Nice, Okay, this one's on the arm. So if you already bought tickets, or you are planning on buying tickets after you hear about the band, it's all good. It's all good.
Speaker 2: The ticket prices are remaining the same. It's good to have this band on board.
Speaker 3: They have.
Speaker 2: Been very successful.
Speaker 1: I'm throw it back Thursday. They've won, They've won before several times. By why they got hick? Maybe maybe I saw it, Chili. I know you're moving a million miles an hour over there, but I saw there is now thanks to our friends down the hall at sports Talk seven ninety, Chili has a blog page up and says, who is Mary Kate Cornett?
Speaker 2: Learn more about the scandal here?
Speaker 1: Chili? Is he busy? Yeah? Big stretch, big stretch? What's up? Hey? Did you know about this before? I don't even know who to hell it? I ran into Brian, who works with Sean Salisbury at the sports station, and I just I told the story already. I said, Hey, what do you talking about today? It's just small talk about you know, that's like a radio thing. Anyway, what's the big story today down there. He's like, well, we were talking about the Astros, but that we really got sidetracked and all we're doing right now is talking about Mary Kate Cornett. I go, well, please tell me. I don't know who that is, and like we're this should be our story. Yeah, and maybe there's some Houston ties here.
Speaker 2: These people go to Old.
Speaker 1: Miss and this girl had sex with her boyfriend's dad. Is this true? Do you know? What?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 3: Chad?
Speaker 13: I don't know nothing about this, but it seems it's allegend.
Speaker 1: Alleged you know, it's like it's a legend now.
Speaker 13: I mean, it looks to me like sounds to me like somebody is just creating fake stories to go viral and get views and everything.
Speaker 2: This is what's insane.
Speaker 1: Is this this dad that if he had sex with this girlfriend's well, his son's girlfriend. They're putting his LinkedIn yeah account and that's been taken down. And then somebody said, well there's only one thing left for the kid to do is go have sex with her mom. Now her LinkedIn account has been tagged.
Speaker 2: I mean, is it real.
Speaker 1: You saw that she was trending this morning, but you stayed away from it because you didn't know who she was, nor did I. It sounds when you see Mary Kate Cornett, I'm like, Okay, what state is she from?
Speaker 2: And what is she what side of the aisle is she on? It seemed like it was a political thing.
Speaker 1: It seems like it was. It could have easily manufactured to go viral. Yeah, but then you're ruining people's lives. But also I thought the sports people were talking about it. She's just like a student. Yeah, she has nothing to do with sports. Okay, So I don't care what people doing their own private lives.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 13: I mean, anybody could just type a story yeah her phone and screenshot it and pick a picture here and here or here and here posted.
Speaker 1: It seems so detailed that it's so weird. There's there's odd details about her and the dad, and yeah, I guess there's people have time for this. Oh listen, we're not fact checking. We're just like spreading rumors too, like everyone else. So thank you to our thank you to Shawn Salisbury and his team down there at the hall, down the hall. This is apparently what they're talking about today. So now we're talking about it. I guess it's just it's there. It's there on links and guests and then if you want to just link to the to the x where everyone's talking about it. The memes are funny at least. Now this did happen. Bill Belichick went viral. He attended a UNC basketball game with his super young girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, Bill's you know, he's up a little late. He fall asleep, so Bill is there.
Speaker 1: It's probably eight thirty PM, way past Bill Belichick's bedtime, and then his young girlfriend just getting wound up at eight thirty. You know, she's in her twenties, right, and he's so the video is just kind of him saying, there's a lot of it, but there's he's sleeping and his girlfriend's right there, like enjoying the game. That's gonna happen a lot. Imagine that's gonna happen a lot moving forward. I mean, I understand the name. I mean, it works hardly.
Speaker 2: I understand it as well.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the life.
Speaker 2: She chose Friday movie.
Speaker 1: Night in my house with my kid. I even watched one movie. Okay, this has been going on for years now. It's tough. Frozen pizza in a movie on Friday nights. You think I've ever finished a movie. Every Friday we do this, I fall asleep, mouth open, catching flies. Mawana, what what Maana? What happened? What happened?
Speaker 6: Me?
Speaker 13: Every afternoon when one of my dogs is napping with me.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do this. Let's take a break from all of this nonsense. That's what it is. It's nonsense something. When we come back, Yeah, we take a break. We'll find out what's trending. We'll talk a little bit more about Mary Kay Cornett. Whether it's true or not, we don't know, but I see it's still trending and it's catching on. But we will talk about this band that we're gonna add to Buzfest. We're gonna add a band to Buzfest, to the Buzzfest lineup, same you know, great date and the ticket price is not being affected at all by this. We're just gonna add another band on there. So I learned that in Louisiana they call that a little land yap, Little land yap. We're gonna give you a little extra a dam and then we'll give away some tickets when we talk about it. Buzz Rock and all tear So Ryan.
Speaker 5: Morning Show, I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: I'm right, all right. Well, I've got an announcement about Buzzfest coming up. We're gonna tell you about an addition of a band to the already great lineup on Saturday, May twenty fourth, But you're gonna do a couple of things before that. Apparently you need me to tell you that. It's eight twenty mostly sunny skies today. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain during the day, maybe a twenty percent chance tonight. But man, we I guess the big story which we are down playing. It might hit eighty degrees today. That's slightly below It looks like, yeah, there's a chance of hitting eighty degrees today. I'll take that. It's my favorite degree. Eighty sixty nine is my favorite. I know what your favorite is, Okay. Mary Kate Cornett is trending. Okay, So I see we have a blog page up for Mary Kate Cordnett.
Speaker 2: What do you know about her?
Speaker 1: She's not a politician. I learned that today. Good job. She's a student at the University of Mississippi.
Speaker 3: A student at the University Mississippi that allegedly got intimate with her boyfriend's father.
Speaker 1: It's a claim with viral and social media. They've made a meme coin out of her.
Speaker 3: Now the alleged father of her boyfriend has taken his LinkedIn page down. Dude, are there some snapchat screenshots or what looks like they could be snapchat screenshots?
Speaker 1: This University of Mississippi situation. I think there's Houston ties to all of this that might be from here.
Speaker 3: Does it matter though they're called on her old miss though?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because that's where she you ole miss cool?
Speaker 3: So Mary Kay Cornett's trending also trending, continuing to trend his wild card Wednesday Bambie and she was submitted to us by listener b Dogs a good check a look at her today. Also trending is gold card. Trump talked about a gold card, not a credit card, but it would be like a green card, but he called it more sophisticated. It costs five million dollars and would get you citizenship. So he said it would bring wealthy people into America. I don't know where the money would go. The gold card is trending, and that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Trending. Oh, somebody said it, but the national debt, he'd put it right. That's where we go go right to the national debt. Okay, if there's enough people, you know, I don't hate that logic. Yeah, the Art of the Deal. That's the name of his book. Yeah, well, trying to make a deal for minerals. I read it. That's just like Michael Scott did. All right, guys, Mouzzbust is at Cynthi Woods Metro Plavilia on Saturday, May twenty fourth.
Speaker 2: We have co headliner Chevelle Marylyn Manson.
Speaker 1: We have Blockedober, we have Pod, we have Evans Blue, we have Sleep Theory, and now we have the return of Stabbing Westward, which we haven't seen them play live in forever. I told you that this band has crushed it before on Throwback Thursday. Stabbing Westward. They came along at an interesting time in music, because it's kind of post nine Inch Nails, where everybody was kind of running around and trying to get all industrial. God Lives Underwater Off the top of my head, Gravity Kills Filter even would be in there Stabbing Westward, and I guess you would probably even throw in Houston's on the Hunger in that in that fraternity, and I know they did shows together, so they hadn't done anything for a long long time. They were planning a big reunion in twenty twenty two with the lead singer developed throat cancer, and then everything about that reunion just obviously just had to be put on hold. Right So, Chris the lead singer, he's had a full recovery. His voice is back. The band's got some new material out there. They have played a few shows, but there has not been an opportunity for us to see them on a venue like.
Speaker 2: This in forever MS.
Speaker 1: So Stabbing Westward now added to the Buzzfest lineup for May twenty fourth. We should probably give away tickets. So what do I have to do? I played a little bit of shame and I'm gonna play you this one right now as I get you calling in for Buzzfest tickets. Chevelle, Marilyn Manson, Blue October, Pod Evans, Blue Sleep Theory, and now Stabbing Westward Saturday, May twenty four, twenty five. If you want a pair of tickets, I'll take call at number ten right now. Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. Let's rock. I'm the buzz Stabbing Westward and save yourself. They have just been added to the Buzzfest lineup. The phone's ringing. Good morning, Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Well, Hello, who's.
Speaker 1: This, Christian Kristin? How are you good?
Speaker 4: I'm so excited. I hope I want you call on.
Speaker 1: Number ten Overgard gonna get you into Buzzfest. I got I got Chavelle and Marilyn Manson co headlining The Sucker, I Got Blue October Pod Evans, Blue Sleep Theory and Stabbing Westward now added to the bill. You're in, Kristin, that's so exciting. I've only seen Chevelle out of that line.
Speaker 3: Out in Pod.
Speaker 2: Really interesting.
Speaker 9: Yes, it was another very.
Speaker 1: Good Well listen, welcome back, Cotter. Good to have you back at Buzzfest this year. Okay, and you're the MRT. Thank you, Christen hang on for me, all right. Well, I imagine they're kind of scurrying right now trying to add all this stuff to the blog pages and the buzzfests and all the stuff where all this stuff that we have all this stuff online. So it's a big deal adding stave you western Man. That's awesome, That's awesome. It'll be great to see them. Awesome to see them.
Speaker 2: I do believe.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I shouldn't say it, damn it. Just talked on that and just tell you this is where my mouth starts flapping, all right, flap flap flap. Somebody asked, are we doing a local music component to Buzzfest this year?
Speaker 2: I said, to my knowledge, yes we are.
Speaker 1: So I'm just gonna leave it at that. I don't make those final decisions. I want to do it. I think it would be awesome. I tell you it'd be super awesome. Thank you Chile. Our number three blog page, I just went to go look see what you guys are looking at. Number one is wildcard Wednesday. Number two is looking at girls from Monday. Number three blog page today? Who is Mary Kate Cornett? Number three already with a bullet meaning climbing Number three blog page. It's been up for ten minutes. I got Shinedown tickets. I know it's it's I know I'm stacking them up. It's back to back. But the Shinedown Dance Kid Dance Tour is August twenty seventh at the Toyota Center. So I had to do the stabbing westward thing. Well, let's do the Shineedown thing right now again. Back to back.
Speaker 2: I'll take caller number ten to go see Shine Down.
Speaker 1: Oh there's that. That's the one I need. Caller ten, seven, one, three, two two five, nine four five. It's the ninety four five The Boys. Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. That's Shinedown and Dead Don't Die. Mark to Mark to back.
Speaker 2: On the free Booty.
Speaker 1: Here on the rod Ryan Show. Good morning, Good morning. I just gave away Buzzfest tickets. Now I'm giving away Shinedown tickets. What he is some kind of mad man? Maybe I am Ray? Maybe I am a mad man. Ray, Congratulations, you're calling number ten. You don't know, you don't even know what I'm capable of.
Speaker 8: Ray Man, I'd love to see it.
Speaker 1: So you're going to see shine Down August twenty seventh at the Toyota Center. Everyone else has to go to the Toyta Center box office to get those tickets if they haven't already. A lot of our listeners have already gotten those tickets. But Ray, you're in, dude, Man, thanks for being on the show today.
Speaker 9: Man, Thanks, thanks, thanks for giving them out.
Speaker 1: Thank you, brother, Thank you, dude. To be honest with them, Surprised I didn't forget that happens sometimes. Alex is over there looking at that girl who banged her boyfriend's dad. It's too busy. Looking at that Mary Kate Cornett number two blog page today, Alex is like, who cares about this stuff?
Speaker 2: Apparently everybody she's a chick.
Speaker 1: Everybody like if it wasn't if it was just like a dude. Look at Mary Kate Cornett. I'm on the X account Campus Cuties. She's headlining that too. That is so funny how this came about on the show today. I'm just laughing.
Speaker 2: Sorry. Just go check out the world.
Speaker 1: Famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com and learn a little bit about what the world and Sean Salisbury are talking about today. Really thanks to Brian, Brian, I'm on with Sean. He's the one that told me about it. I still wouldn't have known anything about it. You know, it's never been the number one blog page. The food blog page has never been number one ever, No, not even once. It's the most important blog page. We all need it to stay alive. We knew that following waffle houses lead Denny's locations are going to add that surcharge to meals because of the uh, because of the sky rocketing egg prices, right, So there's going to be a you know, like, hey, it's we got to pay more, you got to pay more. So they're just they're adding onto the price of all of their egg dishes. McDonald's is headlining, doubling down, saying we're not going to impose any egg surch charges at all. McDonald's has to probably go through more eggs than anybody in the country. I would get They got to be up there. I don't know who would do more. They've got to be up there.
Speaker 3: Assume the breakfast places waffle House and I Hop and Denny.
Speaker 1: There's way more McDonald's than all of those places. They're not specializing in just eggs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Well, as a matter of fact.
Speaker 1: They're like, look at me, they're launching a one dollar McMuffin on their app. Nice.
Speaker 2: They're doubling down, like will take the car. That's that's a big move.
Speaker 1: That's a big move. Because again, if you're buying I know that we said, okay, well eggs, you know it's a double for a carton of eggs now. But when you're buying cases upon cases upon cases of eggs and those are doubled, that's where you're spending a lot of money. That's the crazy money that's being spent. Also on the food blog page, not one of you will look at it. This is not good. Ultra Processed foods now account for fifty four percent of the calories Americans consume at home. So what am I a nutritionists? I don't know what's going on here. Anything that's got a long shelf life, anything that's convenient, anything that's ready to eat. Those are considered ultra processed foods, and they're the worst things for you. Ramen noodles probably number one on that lift. Okay, ultra processed, and that's any instant noodles, Frozen pizzas every Friday, every Friday, frozen pizes ultra process than a movie. That's what I'm renaming the night. Make Freshmans cheaper, then you're right. Hot Dogs, I know those are ultra processed. Yeah, Saugage packaged snacks like chips, and the cookies and the soft drinks and the breakfast cereals and the yogurts with the sugar, and the chicken nugs and any instant soups.
Speaker 2: Those are all ultra processed foods.
Speaker 1: They are so unbelievably high in unhealthy nutrients, sugars, salts, unhealthy fats, and then don't even ask me to tell you what it's all linked to, because I don't know. But fifty four percent of our diets at home are ultra processed. Not good, guys, No, not at all. Those are the kinds of things that you'll see on the food blog page that no one looks at. You could look at a blog page today and that could save your life, and I'm telling you about it. You still won't go look at it.
Speaker 3: By that to show me that chick, that Fagan or Bislet did anything on the food blog page.
Speaker 1: It's boyfriend's dad.
Speaker 2: No, that's why no one's looking.
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 7: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative all day and the Rock Ryan Morning shown.
Speaker 1: Five ninety four five to by this Good Morning Rod Ryan Show. These days of the new Touch Peel and stand Wildcard Wednesday? Is it is? Wildcard Wednesday? Yeah, that's our number one blog page. There's one that's catching up. Though we got a ten per cent chance of rain. We got mostly sunny skies today, high highs of around seventy nine. Alex one final time, I mean I need you, I need you I need some things in the nine o'clock hour from you, but one final time, okay, if I can get Houston's headlines, please, well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: Ukraine says that it has agreed to a mineral deal with the United States, granting the US access to some of the country's critical mineral resources, including rare earth elements. The agreement proposes the creation of a joint fund, with both countries sharing equal rights to manage and develop these resources. Russian President Vladimir Putin is also making a play offering a joint exploration of Russia's vast rare earth metal deposits, as well as the country's supply of aluminum to the US market. The offers come as President Trump seeks to secure critical minerals for US industries, which are essential for manufacturing things like electronics, electric vehicles, defense systems, and more.
Speaker 1: Did you take geology in college?
Speaker 3: I did, and I took it at eight am, And it was the first That was when I learned I should not take eight am classes in college.
Speaker 1: Was a freshman semester at my school at Buffalo State. It was called Rocks for Jocks, Yeah, and it was geology. Like everybody kind of had to take it. It was like the guy just passed everybody and just learned about minerals and rocks. I learned they probably should. I mean, like anything, you don't appreciate it until you get older. If I would have just applied myself, I would have known so many more things. Glasses that I took, Like to Maril, Now, it's interesting to me when you're young like that, you're just trying to get through. I didn't care about the Roman Empire's laughter. God. I did learn quickly though.
Speaker 3: The teachers sent the power points that he did all of the test, the test material to He would send that to your emails, so you had to sign in.
Speaker 1: But then you can just kind of not do anything in class. So I still had pigeons delivering. Oh, we didn't have that syllabus syllabized syllabis. They had a diddo machine.
Speaker 3: President Trump is announcing a new pathway to citizenship for wealthy investors. He said yesterday that the US will sell what is called a gold card for around five million dollars. Speaking in the Overall Office, Trump said that the Gold card will be similar to a Green card bit with.
Speaker 1: A high level of sophistication.
Speaker 3: Oh. Trump said that it will be a route to citizenship and the very wealthy people will be coming into our country by buying the card.
Speaker 1: I believe somebody told you that it will money will go towards the national debt YEP, which is solid. Apparently what the money would work for. When he was spitballing this in the Oval office, apparently that came up, like where's that money going to go?
Speaker 3: So you wanted to immigrate to the US, why you need is five million dollars?
Speaker 1: Come on, guys, we'll take you. Then you should give scholarships.
Speaker 3: A new report from Walthhub ranks the hardest working cities in the country. They compared one hundred and sixteen of the biggest cities in the US on eleven key metrics like number of workers with multiple jobs, average work week hours, and the employment rate.
Speaker 1: The hardest working.
Speaker 3: City in twenty twenty five is Anchorage, Alaska, with Burlington, Vermont being the least hardest working city in the country. Houston came in at number twenty eight in the report, but there were four Texas cities of the top ten, which were Irving at number three. Dallas was four, Austin was six, and Arlington was ten, but Irving, Dallas, and Arlington are all pretty much the same city.
Speaker 1: Kind of that area.
Speaker 12: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: It's like the DFW area. I gotcha. You just don't like not being on the list when all these other Texas cities look like they're hardworking and we came in at what twenty three or something like twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, still top thirty. I don't like it, but yeah, Texas has some hard working cities. The marketing firm APEX Marketing claims that Taylor Swift brings in a billion dollars in publicity to the NFL. One exec said, quote, if you were a brand and you wanted to go and buy media for your product or service, you would have to spend this amount to garner this level of media exposure.
Speaker 1: They also said that even with her getting booed.
Speaker 3: At the Super Bowl that it was still good for business because it quote kept the conversation going, which is very true. You tried to boo her to get to her and be like, oh, we hate to see and Taylor Swift, they don't care. They're making money off of her. So if if you want to keep complaining, you can do that. But unless you got a billion dollars want a hand over to the league. They don't care at all. Bear Tooth, I, Prevail, Kill Switch, Engage, and Parkway Drive are all joining forces this for the Summer of Loud Tour. It'll kick off June twenty first in West Palm Beach, Florida, and wrap up on July twenty seventh in Charlotte. It'll feature a rotating lineup of headlining bands with supporting acts like Devil Wears, Prada, Amity Affliction, and Alpha Wolf. The tour is gonna stop in Houston on June twenty seventh, where they're gonna play at the Woodlands. Tickets are going to go on sale Friday at today or if you know the show today, you could be going on with those tickets before they go on. So yeah, yeah, I'll just be paying attention. That's all you gotta do, guys. But those are used to headlines.
Speaker 1: This is bear Tooth, bear Tooth, the stuff that I've heard of. Bear Tooth, I like Beartooth should be a monster jam Truck. Was he the one that was kind of hanging with Everri Levine for a while.
Speaker 3: She was mod Son, mod Son, Jesus Christ know Eve Levin's definitely dated other people.
Speaker 1: No, Derek Whibley, No, I was thinking of mod Son. You're right, yeah, I like this bear tooth stuff tickets. Like the kids said on No The Show today, why.
Speaker 3: Would you got them? Rockets gotta win. Last night they got by the Bucks one hundred and ninety seven. Jalen Green had twenty five points to the night's lead all players and scoring. I'm in Thompson got ejected for basically body slamming Giannis at Tinta Kombap. Pretty badass if you ask me. Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Spurs to the Toyota Center tip offs at eight thirty and you can hear that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. Then in baseball at spring training, and Astro has also got to win yesterday they beat the Mets eight to five. They'll play the Nationals today in West Palm Beach, Florida. First pitch is at twelve oh five, and you can listen to that one n s diister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on in sports, Bamm.
Speaker 7: The Buzz Rock and Alternan very soon The Rod.
Speaker 5: Ryan Morning Show I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five the buzz a c Man in the Box kicking off the ninth spot nine oh five. You got some Rodeo Houston tickets coming up for you, the concert that Alex has been talking about in Houston's headlines and the one that we announced yesterday, I Prevail Bear Tooth, Kill Switch Engage. I've got those tickets for you on the show. Ten percent chance of rain during the day, twenty percent chance tonight mostly sunny. Maybe chance of hitting eighty degrees, probably more in the upper seventies. That's awesome. Uh, if you missed, Oh, that's my along going off. Sorry, that's a fun alarm. Yeah, it's just like a hey dummy, make sure you're in the studio where you need to be if you are listening. We are buzzfest band. That well, a band that now has become a Buzzfest band because they've been added to the lineup is Stabbing Westward, Stepping Westward, added to the already great lineup. It was a ticket bonanza in the eight o'clock hour. I was just going back to back on ticket giveaways. Eight o'clock hour was fun. Nine o'clock hour's gonna be good though, with those Rodeo Houston tickets coming up. I just wanted to check in with Chile. If we were still on pace. Do we have people? Do people still want to commit and play? I mean I would be intimidating playing you if people want to come in and play read my.
Speaker 2: Lips, Yeah they do.
Speaker 13: Already contacted somebody, so I'm kind of oh wait, I might be with it right now.
Speaker 1: See testing the.
Speaker 2: Waters, just seeing if they're avail.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they're availability, yeah, because I got to be able to come in, you know, and uh yeah, just testing the waters.
Speaker 2: We're not zooming and skyping read my lips. Never, yeah, you have my word on that.
Speaker 1: Never Yeah, yeah, be done live. It's got to be done in studio. So if somebody wants to play this game against a local legend, they got to come in and do it. They got to come in and play, all right. So you got the feelers out there already, yes, sir. Now if someone signed up today, like I know that you're already kind of reaching out to somebody.
Speaker 13: Well, I'm going down the list, see see how it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you save stuff from like the week before and all? Like maybe like they would be in production.
Speaker 13: I do sometimes, you know, that could be low people signing up is they're busy. So I'll reach out.
Speaker 1: One of these days, we're gonna get a co host in here. Maybe no, we will, we will. What's a co host? I know one of these days we'll get a co host in here. But for now, this has been really really fun. Okay, thank you, Chilly, thank you, thank you. Good job on that blog page today. It's killing. It is killing today. Who is Mary Kate Cornette? It is well, okay, Wildcard Wednesday just jumped above it. But it's battling for the number one blog page today. You kidding me. Good news for you, Alex Friday, You've got some time. Friday is National Tooth Fairy Day.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I have absolutely zero teeth of my kid right now.
Speaker 2: Well, it's the great news.
Speaker 1: It's the only thing that I can see that has actually gotten a little cheaper.
Speaker 2: The average tooth.
Speaker 1: Is now worth five bucks, down from five to eighty four a year ago.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, kids, I.
Speaker 1: Know you don't want to hear this. Times are tough. The first tooth is worth a little more. The average rate of what the tooth fairy is leaving is six dollars and twenty four cents even that drop from U seven o nine, so tooth Fairy payouts have dropped about fourteen percent in the past year.
Speaker 3: What if you just tell your kid that it's like bitcoin, like you can't touch it, so just be like, yeah, no, the tooth fairy gave you this many bitcoins, and then just make up one of those meme coins tooth cooin, and you got a million of them, and then your kid is excited about that but doesn't really know how to access it.
Speaker 1: Like a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, so you could just make up stuff to your kids so he's think they're rich but in reality they're not, but mentally they are rich.
Speaker 1: You're already looking for some sort of an out. You haven't even gotten into this space yet. Do you forget what it was like to wake up? Did you forget what it was like to wake up and see money under your pillow? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Those are the old days. This is the old days, the old times. Bitcoin is the way the future becose.
Speaker 1: Are the old awesome days? Do not deny? Do not you?
Speaker 2: Your kid is like, the.
Speaker 1: Is not leaving crypto, This is not happening. Your kid wants cash. Your kid wants cash, so that's good news. What did you do for the kids? What did the tooth fairy do the first one? The tooth Fairy got caught off guard because I knew it was going to happen on my watch, not on mom's watch. So when that tooth, the first tooth dropped, the tooth Fairy left her twenty dollars because there was nothing smaller apparently okay like the first tooth. Okay, well, then the second tooth also happened on my watch. I also there were only twenties available, and I'm not doing this rip it up twenty times. So now the call goes out late at night on a weekend to the neighbors. I need some change, just get cat. I need a five ski, and I promise I'm good for it. I need a five ski immediately. And I had one of them run over in his jammi's and left me a five. Nice. I'm not doing that twenty dollars a twodays. Yeah, no, it's not a hand. It's on a hand with that. So yeah, it went down considerably after that. I've got tickets to give away. Aj R is playing Rodeo Houston March sixth, want a pair of tickets, I'll take call her ten seven one three two two nine four five The.
Speaker 7: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am The Buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back everybody, Alex.
Speaker 1: I'll throw it to you in just a moment, but we're gonna I have to give away some tickets here. Hello rod Ryan Shure, Hello, Hi, Hello, Hi.
Speaker 2: Who's this.
Speaker 1: M sounded like you said, Jonathan. Yes, sir, Jonathan, I hear you. I hear you now. Yeah, you're the tenth caller. Nice.
Speaker 6: Oh man, this is awesome.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've never actually won anything. This is great. It's kind of cool. It seems to be something that's happening right now. A lot of people tell you be excited. Well, it's just a lot of people are telling me that they've won something for the very first time. I mean, obviously, the show has been on, you know, a long long time, and sometimes when we give things away, we just feel like, okay, so you tell me the list of things you've won from us, and you've never ever won anything, right, that's huge.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 1: Have you tried to win stuff or you just didn't never picked up the phone and called before.
Speaker 6: No, I've tried before.
Speaker 1: I've just never got through. It's always busy. Really Okay, well, listen, it's a good one today. It's It's Rodeo Houston tickets. It's the it's the day aj R is playing March sixth. Okay, perfect, that's perfect, dude. You said your wife's gonna be excited about that. Huh, yes, sir, Yeah, we have a two month old at home, so she's gonna be great for happy to get out of the house.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: So who would this be the first time that you guys would be leaving your your.
Speaker 2: Kid in the center.
Speaker 1: Probably, Yes, sir, you got to tell her I'm not worried about you. You got to tell her she's got to relax. She can't be checking her phone every two seconds. Who do you do you already know who the babysitter would be? Oh it's grandma, Yeah, yeah, gad Okay, yeah, yeah, Grandma's rock. If you if you've got Grandma's around, man, let me tell you you're lucky. But yes, sir, watching a two month old and getting out, you guys deserve it. Man, Jonathan, I'm glad you won. Man. Hang on online. It's Alicks Online ninety four five. The mud. What was How old was Elle the first time you and em went out and you truly had a babysitter and you left the house.
Speaker 2: How long did it take?
Speaker 1: Three? Three months? Three months? And how is Emma on that?
Speaker 12: She was?
Speaker 3: Okay, we were down like we were We went to my uh we were out in sinca ranch like towards where I lived. I had a friend that had a first birthday party for his kid. And she was little too young to be like going around there.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it was the day thing. Yeah, it wasn't all day. Okay, it wasn't like a nighttime. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But was she did she have SuPAR?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: She was weird. Yeah, she was weird. Yeah, it's weird. The first one is weird. Here's with them all the time. The first one is really really weird. Okay, all right, good stuff. Well, I'm happy for that couple that they're gonna get out, and you need that, you gotta get out.
Speaker 2: What are you doing today on AOL?
Speaker 3: Today's AOL is called cookie Clicker, and it is exactly.
Speaker 1: What it sounds like.
Speaker 3: You are going to click a cookie as many times as you can, and.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you your cookies per second. Click right now.
Speaker 3: I'm average about two and a half cookie clicks per second. Try and see if you can get those numbers up and how fast you can click cookies.
Speaker 1: That's it. What's the significance of it being a cookie? Just it's a cool looking ticket. That's all it is.
Speaker 3: Man, go clicks some cookies today at the world famous rod Ryanshow page at.
Speaker 1: The Buzz dot com. All right, I love it. The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Shine Down symptom of being jumid. We gave away some I mean we gave away everything in the eight o'clock hour, but I did give away shine Down tickets and we have them all week for you. The Dance Kid Dance Tour will be rolling through here August twenty seventh, Toyota Center. You know that you get your tickets at all, Well, you get your tickets through the Toyota Center when bands are playing there. That's not a ticket master or a ticket monster situation. That's Toyota Center dot com. Mostly sunny today, I mean, we have a great day here. If that rocket launch was happening here, we'd be fine, Oh yeah, if we moved it. I don't know what's happening in Florida right now, but more on that rocket launch. Mostly sunny today, temper cent chance of rain hides up around seventy nine. No, no dudes or chimps or anything on this rocket launch today. I know.
Speaker 2: I went to go look just because we had a great.
Speaker 1: Email this morning. Normally I'm not a Normally I'm a no repeat guy on the Rod Ryan Show. I mean, I repeat things, but I don't do like whole segments over again like I'm instructed to do. But I got an email from somebody that listens to the show and it was exciting local space news.
Speaker 2: So it caught my eye.
Speaker 1: It was a great it was a great headline to get me involved in the email. I do want to share this email with you because it's cool that we just got somebody that's just so unbelievably incredibly smart that listens to the show and he said, Hey, I wanted to share some exciting local space news. I'm an engineer with Intuitive Machines, all American aerospace company based right here in Houston, Texas. So this is a great thing for our city and it's just one of those things that here we are going about our everyday lives and this whole space thing is still happening in our backyard. And we talked about how when Jeff Bezos was going into space and virgin and you know, Elon Musk, it gets confusing. I don't know what is what anymore. But that's not it. There's this intuitive machines all American Aerospace Company based right here in Houston, Texas. Today, provided everything goes well, at six seventeen, there's going to be a launch and it.
Speaker 2: Is the second mission to the Moon. It's the IM two.
Speaker 1: Last year, the IM one was the first private American company to land on the Moon in over half a century. You got to go all the way back to Apollo seventeen. It was the last time we sent a man to the moon. So but we haven't landed on the Moon since then. So last year was a big deal. There was a couple of things that went wrong, so they're hoping to get that all that stuff squared array, squared away. So they're launching their second mission to the Moon, the IM two, from Cape Canaveral today, provided everything is perfect. I just wanted to spread the word that we are still space city here in Houston. Would appreciate any good luck support from your listeners. I had a bunch of people email me and they said, tell that guy good luck. So he appreciates that. I mean we told him. I'm like, good luck, man, that's awesome. Launch coverage NASA dot gov, slash Live. I just went there, and you know, press conferences and stuff like that. I just want to see a space launch, you know, I want to see a sucker land. Yeah, he says, thank you for everything that you guys do for the local community. I've been a listener for about six years. Sock Sock, shoe, shoe ad Lunum to the Moon, the Moon it's is it Latin? Yes? He said, no names please, I'm just an engineer at Intuitive Machines. So he sent me some other links just to kind of catch up on the company and stuff. And the last year was a historic the IM one landing. Well, the IM two is going on today. And these are things that are happening in our backyard. It's another reason why Houston is awesome. And I think it's an important thing that we kind of pushed that or pushed that out there to say, hey, we are still you know, not that that we used to be Space City. We are Space City. Yeah, we are Space City and always will be. And there's gonna be a rocket going up today. So I thought that was a really really cool thing. One more time. You can go to NASA dot gov slash live and that's where the launch cover is going to be carried.
Speaker 2: So best of luck to all of.
Speaker 1: Them, and uh, thanks for making you know, Houston looks so cool, guys and girls. Thank you.
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Show, Mornings.
Speaker 1: On the Bus ninety four five, The Buzz Puddle of Mud Blurry rod Ryan's Show, Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for spending some time with us. This morning might hit eighty degrees today it's nine thirty four. There recent music from the King, Please, jeez, just say George straight right, the King. I was thinking Elvis, you don't, oh what is his what is his name?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 2: I know he's the king of rock and roll?
Speaker 1: But what do they called George Strait? George? Oh yeah, okay, give me something from George please depending where.
Speaker 3: Orge straight O or hey el Straita?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, l ray listen this. You're not gonna want to see this. It's out there, Dwayne the Rock Johnson his dog just passed away. Yeah, I will not want to see this.
Speaker 2: You didn't see.
Speaker 1: No, okay, I saw it was way way low on the trending stuff. So Dwayne the Rock Johnson's dog Hobbs just passed away. And I'll tell you one thing about the Rock, because I've even said on the show, I'm like, okay, enough with the Rock he does. I don't think he has anybody write that stuff for him. He writes well, he does string together some words pretty good. And he's talking about, you know, his tribute to his dog on his Instagram and the song he chose was What's going On in Your World by George Strait, So he chose this song right here porge l Strado, the Rock said, one of my favorite songs felt appropriate here as I wonder what's going on in his new world because I know what it's like in mind. He went on to say, not sure how spirits work, but come back and visit every once in a while so we can get in trouble and laugh again. Rip Hobbs.
Speaker 2: It's brutal.
Speaker 1: It's brutal dog with the dog dying, and.
Speaker 14: I saw a little bit of it and it was just like, no, no, no, no no, my dog's just getting so old and hobbling around and so incredibly gray like her owner.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, awesome.
Speaker 1: I've still got the little snack of tooth. Yeah yeah. Voodoo is just really showing her age now, you know, and it's just I can't even imagine what that's going to be like. So rip to Hobbs. I didn't put up a link for this. Not everybody wants to see that. It's a really nice tribute. And it's George straight. I thought he was called the King. He probably is, like the King country. I don't know. I'm not really the country.
Speaker 2: I don't all right, So that's uh.
Speaker 1: Go to the Rocks Instagram, you know, the one that Chili was on before he was on there.
Speaker 2: The Chili was featured on the Rocks Instagram once.
Speaker 1: That's true. He's drinking tequila. Drinking is tequila, right, that's it's Chili's buddy. I'm half interested to watch a little bit of this because King George is what they called him, the King, King George, King George. Okay, so you were right, Yeah, I thought they were throwing around that he was the King.
Speaker 2: I mean one hundred and twenty. He sold as many albums as Metallica.
Speaker 1: The real King George is kind of a bad guy.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about that.
Speaker 3: We literally are here because we were like a few King George see you later.
Speaker 1: Which one one King George the fifth? I don't know one of them. Today's the ten thousand, ten thousand in a thousand, I got stuck and I couldn't get my tongue out of my teeth. The ten thousandth episode of The Price Is Right here is today. Seventy five thousand people have been on the show over the years. They're giving away ninety thousand dollars in cash, and it's Drew Carey Show. Now. I kind of want to watch a little bit of this just to see what they do. I said, he still has the stick microphone. He kept that, yep. And it's been a part of all of our lives, like it's spanning all these different generations that you knew the joke when you stayed at home from school, you watched The Price Is Right and you drank.
Speaker 2: It was the one time that we got to drink pop.
Speaker 1: We drank like ginger ale and had Campbell soup out of the can chicken noodle soup and watched The Prices right Like it spanned so many different generations watching the show. I never got to stay home and watch The Prices Right, I think I did once. My mom was a teacher, so I was always going to the Only time I missed school was in fourth grade. So it's going all the way back to when I was in fourth grade. I watched The Prices right during the day. That's the only year I have missed any school. Every other time, I had perfect attendants every year. So yeah, I don't know when it's on or where it's on, but it's CBS at eleven am. Well see, I don't know, but my guy knows. Coming up on the show today, I prevail Bear Tooth, Kill Switch Engage June twenty eighth, twenty eighth at the Woodlands. Tickets go out and sale this Friday at noon. We'll have a question for you on the flip of this break.
Speaker 5: Houston's Rocking Alternatives The Rod The Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Welcome Back, Rob Ryan's Show nine eight.
Speaker 2: Time for Know the Show.
Speaker 1: Yesterday's Big Costured announcement was I prevail, Bear Tooth and kill Switch Engage. It's a handful of other bands. June twenty eighth, Woodlands Pavilion tickets not on sale until this Friday.
Speaker 2: To win a pair before.
Speaker 1: They go on sale, Alex, let's your know the show question today?
Speaker 3: Well, we talked about the best gas station snacks today and we did read you a list where number one on the list was a little questionable.
Speaker 1: We thought, yeah, what was the number one thing on that list? I said beef jerky. Beef Jerky was not number one on the list.
Speaker 2: It was number two.
Speaker 1: It was number two, but one beat out beef jerky according to whoever the weird is to put this list together. And we also said homemade was way better, yes, way yes better. Secret there a little a little hint if you want to use that seven if you think you know the show proven everywhere you list.
Speaker 5: Up station I Tentification, tell your smart device to play ninety four five The Bus on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: We're ninety four five the Bus, Good Morning Rob Ryan Show. It's pod it alive, Buzzfest right pod playing Buzzfest.
Speaker 2: Don't go near chili during pod.
Speaker 1: It's like approaching him at a table biteho, don't go near him during pod. He needs space. We're going to have to kind of build something around him. He needs at least five feet perimeter during pod. Even you, even you as his twin, I would never even dare again. Saturday Swinging Around Man Saturday, May twenty fourth, Chavelle Marilyn Manson co Headliners.
Speaker 2: You got Blue October Pod.
Speaker 1: You just heard Evans Blue Sleep Theory and then Stabbing Westward. We're just added today. You think I'm changing the price of the ticket. No, no, just add them.
Speaker 2: Into the bill. So that information is I'm sure.
Speaker 1: It's updated by now on the oh on the buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go give away a concert ticket.
Speaker 1: He's no time for I Know the Show on ninety four to five The Buzz.
Speaker 5: La La la, la, la la la.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan the Show. Who's this?
Speaker 2: Nate Nate the Great?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Yes, sir, good morning, good morning calling about Know the Show?
Speaker 2: Yes sir, right go ahead, Alex Nate.
Speaker 3: We talked about the best gas station snacks this morning. I thought to beef jerky should be number one on the list, but it was not. What did our list say was the number one gas station snack.
Speaker 1: Rice Krispy Creek. Yes, I asked our amazing Facebook audience. I asked our amazing Facebook audience this morning. I don't think one person. I don't know hundreds of responses. I don't even think one person said rice Krispy Tree like, not a gas station snack. It's at home. I'm just chilling snack with you. They got him right there at the front counter at Buffies.
Speaker 13: If you've ever noticed, all.
Speaker 1: Right, I guess somebody's gotta be buying this, but I'm up a jerky guys. Well, this is kill Switch Engage what we're listening to right now. Hey, dude, I prevail bear tooth kill Switch Engage. You're going to the show in June twenty eighth, with allio tickets for everyone.
Speaker 2: Else going on sale Friday.
Speaker 1: This rocks, man, I'm ready. You a rocker. I'm a rocker, got a buddy in mine, ag We're gonna rock out. Oh yeah, dude, you're gonna have a good time. All yeah, brother, thank you, I appreciate you being on the show today. Thank you. Natean great everybody. Oh oh oh oh, what happened.
Speaker 12: Is Chillian?
Speaker 1: Oh? He probably wants to tell us who's going to play read my lips tomorrow? Hey, chill, your music's on? What's that? What's that?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 1: You are? So I said to my ears, it's like a wild bull running in the halls.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was the pod that did you? Okay, well I got you? Did you? You're back from your person? Do you have somebody locked in?
Speaker 2: Listener to come down?
Speaker 1: And I don't like how he said that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, I mean I was gonna say yeah, because you know it's gonna be a it's gonna be like a funeral tomorrow for.
Speaker 2: Because you're playing them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So who's coming in?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 13: Scott Sanders, Scott Canders? Yeah, super, Yeah, he's gonna He's gonna be my next victim.
Speaker 2: What victims? You don't exactly have a trail behind?
Speaker 6: You have one?
Speaker 1: All right? The last time I played I do so good.
Speaker 12: I think.
Speaker 1: I'm one on one?
Speaker 2: All right, Scott Sanders, what is that like?
Speaker 1: I'm here like five five hundred?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So Scott's coming into play.
Speaker 1: Uh, Kevin the teacher went down and slow fast Andrew beat him right, slow fast. Andrew is going to be on the show tomorrow out fresh out of bed head to head challenge to always throw back Thursday Tomorrow Sixtagram Thursday. We'll continue with right, we know you like the day. You don't have to tell we know you like the day. Dude, You've better put some on it when you say it. Eh, Pierced the Veil tickets, Yeah, BlackBerry Smoke tickets, Shine Down tickets, AJR Rodeo tickets.
Speaker 2: I prevail everything you heard today on the show.
Speaker 1: There's just gonna be more of it, all right, and then Chili is playing Read my Lips, so yeah, that's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: Anybody want Chilly? You want to know what the number one block pages today?
Speaker 1: Oh, I've looked already.
Speaker 2: It's a nice one.
Speaker 1: Who is Mary Kate Cornett?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Would you guys please follow this story.
Speaker 1: I don't want it to go away. Please follow this story.
Speaker 2: It's ratings gold. Okay, but thank you to our friends over at Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 13: I mean, would she actually go for like regular dude dad. I don't know these people because apparently the dad got some coin. Oh so now Chillie is looking into it. Yeah, so he's got some coin for his job. So all right, I mean, you know she ain't gonna go look at this dad body. You know.
Speaker 1: If you're wondering who is Mary Kate Cornett, Well, that's the name of the blog page. Find out about her, Learn about her. Okay it because we're gonna do nothing but talk about her tomorrow, really in between, in between all the other stuff we gotta do. Plus it's Throwback Thursday and everything else, but she might get a mention tomorrow on the show. All right, that's it. We gotta go.
Speaker 2: Jeremy's up next.
Speaker 1: He's got the NonStop Noon or pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour, and then, man, we're gonna be back again. We're gonna have all this fun all over again in about twenty hours from now. Okay, can't wait.
Speaker 2: Twenty hour break and we'll do it all again, but we'll do it better.
Speaker 1: Okay a m F. Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 2: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts.
Speaker 1: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.