Speaker 1: This is a podcast from WOOR.
Speaker 2: Function Better, Feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now. We always talk how an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Don't wait till you get some neurologic or some physical condition to then start working on it. The key is prevention, and don't go snoop around either. You know, if you're always doing petskins and cat skins and X rays and MRIs and ultrasounds, and you're doing all these tests looking looking for something bad, eventually you're gonna find something that's bad. Everybody's got bad stuff in them. We all got stuff in us, whether it's COVID nineteen, the flu, we got E coli, we got a each pilor, we got parasites, we got cancer, we got worms, we got it all. We all have everything. But usually it's lying dormant where it's not affecting us. And sometimes a lot of times stress will push you over that edge, and it's the straw that breaks the camel's back, and all of a sudden you're gonna get a symptom, whether it's diarrhea, whether it's pain, a headache, dizziness, ringing ears, You're gonna get some sort of symptom that's telling you, hey, your body's not functioning properly. Okay, So anytime you have a symptom that's not normal, don't let anyone tell you it's normal. It's not normal to have back pain as you get older, that's not normal. It's not normal to get headaches with your period, that's not normal. It's not normal to get lightheaded when you get up quickly. A lot of these people just think this is normal, and they blame things on old Ageoe, my memory is getting worse because I'm getting older, Nope. My vision's getting worse because I'm older, Nope. My posture is getting worse because I'm older. Nope. I don't have as much energy as I used to because I'm getting older, Nope. Don't believe the lie. These things can all improve as you get older, and that's what I want to do for you. I'm preparing you for triple digits. But we want a good quality of life. No one wants to be getting older. Nope. You know, in a wheelchair, lots of pain, in a diaper, in a nursing home, right, that's not a way to live. That's not quality of life. So if you want quality of life, you gotta work on prevention. It's worth being healthy now to have a quality of life. They make good decisions, healthy decisions. Don't do what everyone else is doing, all right, don't do it. You don't have to watch football every Sunday. You don't have to watch a TV show or the news or a movie every night. Stop watching TV, stop watching sports, Stop watching all these movies. It's Netflix, Disney Plus, YouTube, all these things. I don't even know what they are. Roku, so there's a million things direct TV rightin't satellite. I don't know. It's just it's just to keep you occupied. It's the brain won't wash you. They don't think for yourself. I don't want you to be like the ninety nine percent, because you know what happens with the ninety nine percent. They're overweight, they're in pain, they're low energy, they're depressed, they have anxiety. They got cancer and heart disease and obesity and diabetes, and they're on medicine, and they go to all these doctors and they're gonna get to mansioned Alzheimer's and Parkinson's and strokes. That's a typical route as a typical American sedentary lifestyle, eating like crap, watching TV, complaining negative attitude. You gotta be different. You gotta work. It's not easy. Your health is a full time job. I literally mean that twenty four hours a day. We need to be thinking about our health from the second you get up. You know, the second you get up, you should do oil pulling. Oil pulling is where you take coconut oil swishing around your mouth, all in between your teeth, all in your gums. It's gonna kill off all the bad bacteria. Your best defense against bad bacteria is good bacteria. So if you do something like mouthwash that has alcohol, you're going to kill off the good bacteria. When you use purel, you're killing off the good bacteria. Antii bacteria, wipes, you're killing off the good bacteria. All these antibacterial lotions and sprays and gels and soaps and you're killing off the good bacteria. You're ruining your gut microbiome, you're ruining your immune system. We need bacteria. I let my kids play in the dirt. There's good bacteria there. We want this bacteria makes stronger. Your body is more bacteria than cells. You're literally just a walking bacteria machine, all bacteria. But we want good bacteria, healthy bacteria. You could supplement with probiotics, but not any probiotics don't get from yogurt because dairy is really bad for you. Dairy comes from milk, and milk comes from a cow. Number One, you are not a baby, so you shouldn't be drinking milk. Milk is for babies who can't eat food yet. Number two, you're not a cow, so why should you drink cow's milk? Should only drink human milk. Sheeps should drink sheep milk, Goats to drink goat milk, little calves should drink half milk, and little infants should drink human milk. The only time we need milk is when we're babies and we don't have teeth and we can't digest food. After we can start eating whole foods, we don't need milk anymore, all right, So I don't know why kids we have, These adolescents, these teenagers, twenty year olds, thirt year olds, forty year olds, all the way up to one hundred are drinking milk. The only thing you should be drinking is water. You shouldn't drink milk, should drink juice, shouldn't drink alcohol, shouldn' drink lemonade, soda, all these iced teas, shouldn't be drinking it. All you need is water. You know much healthy you would be is if the only thing you drank was water. And I like to make water, So I put a pinch of a Celtic salt or the pinkmelan salt. Sweee, some lemon in there, some lime in there, give it a little flavor. And you want to drink on an empty stomach, that's the best time to absorb. So when you have salt helps to absorb it, and when you drink on an empty stomach, it helps to absorb it. You don't want to drink water, just pee it out. It's not about how much water you drink, it's about how much absorbed water. For the plastics, stop they don't reuse them, don't hang them out in your car. You don't have them in the sun. It's worse and worse and worse. It's too much plastics in our diet. It's endocrine disruptor, it's toxic. Message with your hormones can cause cancer, inflammation. I don't want any of that. Get a filter. You got a canning filter, a Berkie filter. You can get a high duty one. That day I'm attached under your sink and your shower. It's worth it. This is your health. Don't be cheap with your health. Spend the money on your health. Nothing else matters. And health is vacation. I take twelve vacations a year, even if they're little mini vacations, weekend trips, whenever it is, but something different. Get out of your house, meet new people, go to new places, have new experiences, be in nature, bond with other people, get sunlight and oxygen, eat other cultures, foods, Enjoy life. You're only here once. Enjoy it. There's twenty four hours a day. Eight hours is sleep, eight hours is work, and eight hours should be fun. That's how you split up your life. If you're only doing work and sleep, that's no good. If you're only doing sleep and fun, that's no good. If you're only doing work and fun, that's no good. You have to do all three eight hours sleep, eight hours work, eight hours fun. That's a fulfilling life. Do that for your whole life, even when you retire. You gotta work whatever it is. You work on your family, work on your health, you work on your volunteer job, you work on your hobbies, you work on your reading and language, work on your talents. You gotta work on something. Work, work, work, Hey, if you could combine them even better? Right, So I like to to me, my work is fun. I'm having fun. So I'm actually having eight hours of fun plus eight hours of fun at work, So I'm actually having sixteen hours of fun. And I'm having fun at sleep, so we're doing twenty four hours of fun. I'm also learning at sleep. What do I mean by that? So what I do is now, first of all, in my bedroom, there's no TV, there's no Wi Fi, there's no electricity, there's nothing plugged in. Everything's no electricity, no signals. Okay, there's nothing on the opposite wall. It's the outside, right next to trees, right outside my house. All right. Now, what we do, though, what I do because I like to learn a lot, So I'll put my iPad on the edge of the room, and then I have a six foot wire that plugs in and has a little speaker, a flat speaker that goes under my pillow. So at night. I could listen to like different audible books and podcasts and masterclasses, and I'll listen to that right before bed, and I fall asleep to it. So even as I'm sleeping, I'm learning. Sometimes I'll put it in some Spanish or Samandaran so I can learn other languages, but you can actually learn too. I'll put a neurology podcast. I love it. Then you wake up a little bit smarter. Now, what about people who aren't learning or listening to something honey or doing something stressful before bed. So if you're watching a TV show and it's about uh some cops and murder mystery, that's not good. You're gonna be uh dreaming about murders. If it's about it's people in jail, you're gonna bit dream about being in jail. If it's about zombie apocalypse, you're gonna dream about zombie apocalypts. You might even remember it, but you're gonna be stressed out. If you watch the news, you're gonna be you know, watching stuff, you're gonna be dreaming about uh murders and fires and hurricanes.
Speaker 3: And uh pollution and uh corruption and inflation and poverty and racism and police brutality and all these disasters, and it's always.
Speaker 2: Stressful, and that's what you're gonna dream about. So right before bed, do not watch TV, do not watch movies, don't listen to the news. That is too stressful and that will interrupt your sleep, and that will prove your chances of being in stress mode, anxiety, panic, high blood pressure, low energy. We don't want that, so unplug, turn off the news, turn off social media, stop reading the newspaper, and just be with your community so you can function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan more when we come back from the break.
Speaker 1: Don't miss Boost your brain Power with doctor Eric Kamplin every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero, or email info at kaplanbrainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplindc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So what do we have to do to prevent Alzheimer's disease? The most important thing is to do novelty new things. You have to do something new every day, something that you've never done before. And it doesn't count as a crossword puzzle because you've done a crossword puzzle. It doesn't count. Reading because you've read before, doesn't count working because you've worked before. It's got to be something that you've never done ever in your life. Start thinking outside the box, start doing new things. If you want to prevent dementia Alzheimer's memory loss, you want depression. Okay, The key to depression is progression. You have to progress, You have to improve things. You can't just keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect to be happy, expect to improve your brain function. People blame it on age. It's nothing to do with age. It just because you stop doing new things, stop challenging yourself, you start being uncomfortable. Comfort is your enemy. Don't be comfortable. You gotta be uncomfortable. You gotta challenge yourself, you gotta think. You know, one of my patients is a makeup artist for these Hollywood stars, and she was telling me about one of her clients and how she was doing one of his big new movies, this blockbuster film like Jurassic Park, and the actress she was dealing with, Scarlett Johansson. And the other day I was speaking to somebody and she's like, oh, who is the person that is in that new movie Jurassic Park? And then she's like, let's google it. I say, no, no, no, I couldn't think of it right away. I didn't want to google it though, because then I wasn't using my brain. And it took me a couple of minutes, but then I thought of it. Scarlett Johansson. But don't google it every time you're trying to think of something that makes your brain weaker. Don't use YouTube every time you don't know how to do something. If we rely on the technology, we become stupid. It's called digital dementia. Don't always use the GPS. Try and memorize the address and try and get there on your own. Use your own brain. Stop relying on the technology. Do you want digital dementia? Do you want to get Alzheimer's? You gotta unplug. Stop using it so much? All right, Okay, if it's necessary, fine. You know, if you're gonna be late for appointment and you have to get there, put it in the GPS so you're not late. You know, if you're gonna get fired from your job, if you're not there on time, fine, put it in, but leave early, give your time to get lost a little bit and try and figure it out on your own. Try and remember. The next person who gives you their phone number, remember their number and try and dial it without looking it up in your contact list. And if you call call the wrong number, fine, it's okay. No one's gonna hurt you to say, oh, my bad, wrong number, And then you can always look it up, but try not to. It's more satisfactory when you do it on your own, because when you get the number right, you're like, yeah, I did when I thought of Scarlet Johansen. I was like, yes, I thought of her name. I'm so happy. You don't get that same happiness when you google it. In fact, it's the album. You're like, oh, of course I was stupid. How could I not think of that? That makes it worse. You call yourself stupid or dumb. Bruce Lee used to say, don't even joke about yourself in a negative way. Your brain hears it, and I say, don't talk about your health men negative things. Don't mention the word cancer. Don't say, oh, I want to prevent cancer. I want to boost my immune system. Got to increase my white blood cell count to get my good matery of fighting. Gotta reduce my stress levels, Gotta get more energy. You gotta d exercise more, eat healthier, get more air purification plants. Do the right things. But don't say, oh, I don't want to get cancer. Do everything you can to improve your health, and then it turn you won't get cancer. You know, the cancer is your body working properly. Cancer is a good thing. You don't understand that when you have a tumor. This tumor has taken all these toxins in your body and it has this strong encapsulation and keeps all these toxins in one safe space away from your whole entire body. How smart is that? So these cancer tumors are saving your life, and what do we do a stupid human? What do we do? Let's go poke inside this tumor and do some tests on it. Well, guess what happens when you go poking around a tumor. It's gonna explode and it's gonna spread everywhere. Why are you gonna break the capsule that the human body created. These doctors are not smarter than God or the human body. Why we keep doing these biopsies and bursting these malignant tumors that are spreading everywhere and say, no, you got stage three, stage four? Oh really, Well, maybe if you never did the biopsy to begin with, it wouldn't be spreading because guess what after it spreads, we gotta do chemo, we gotta do radiation. You're gonna die. It's a big business. Don't go poking around looking for cancer, don't go testing all your tumors. Don't go smushing your breast with these mamograms every year. If you radiate your breasts long enough, you're gonna get cancer if you keep taking all these X rays, you keep doing these cat scans, pet scans, all this radiation ulcra sounds, all your WiFi, microwaves. It's a lot of radiation up in the airplane, in Starbucks, in the cities, New York City, a lot of radiation. You're only allowed a certain amount, So start reducing this radiation. You're worried about your breast, do thermography, do palpatient. No better way to know if you have breast cancer then palpating your breast every day and knowing exactly what it feels like. And men palpate your testicle every day so you can know what it feels like. You know what normal is, and you know what abnormal is. The human body. Nothing is better than touch. I don't know why doctors stop touching patients. They sit on their desk, they go on the computer, and they prescribe their medicine. They've got to start touching patients again. Listening to their heart, feeling their muscles, checking their posture, their alignment, how they breathe, feeling their gut they're intestines, they're different lung expansions, and feel their liver, and we really got to touch all the bodies. Those are the best doctors, right. So we don't want doctors that just prescribe medicine to hide symptoms, but we want functional doctors to get to the root cause of any health issues so that you can help yourself to function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 1: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kaplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power all right Now, an ounce of prevention is worth a pawer ound of cure, right. Think about me like I'm a physical therapist for your brain. Right. So if we want to prevent neurological disorders such as Parkinson's or MS, or stroke or dementia or Alzheimer's, or headaches or dizziness or tonight is ringing in the ears or floaters in the eyes, or anxiety or depression, or lack of motivation or troubles with focus and add or ADHD and OCD. We want to prevent these problems. We gotta get your brain strong, all right. We gotta figure out where your weaknesses are. So stick around to the end of the show, and I'm gonna tell you the best way to discover where your own weaknesses are. We're gonna give a gift to all of our listeners, so stick around to the end. Something very special gonna happen. All right, So think about me like a physical therapist, but for the brain. So if you have a muscle that's weak, we could actually strengthen it by doing exercises. If you have an area of your brain that's weak, you could strengthen your brain by doing neurologic exercises. Right. If you want to improve your memoryory, you could do memory exercises. There's a cool memory test you could do. It's called the SCAT six. You can get it for free online. The SCAT six. Just download the PDF and it gives you three groups of ten words and you just have someone read these ten words one word per second, and then you have to try and memorize those words and see how many words you could repeat back. Doesn't have to be in order, but it's going to challenge your memory. Or they read a bunch of numbers and you have to read the numbers backwards. These are a great test for your memory. And you have to do the months of the year as backwards and you count as quick as you can and see how many you do with that having any mistakes. So it's called the SCAT six. We do it a lot for concussion, but anybody could do it and you could use a partner to test each other. So it's a it's a pretty fun game. You can take it to Thanksgiving dinner if you want there. So that's a SCAT six the SCAT six. Download it for free. The typical dementia test if you want to check for dementia, is called the Mocha MCA. You can download that online for free as well. You have to get a twenty six out of thirty is a normal score, so don't look at it first. Go with a partner and there's you know, you could Dooka version one and then Mocha version two. So if you want to pick a partner, you guys test each other, go for it. We could do that at our office. If you want to come to our office, stick around to the end and I'm going to give you a gift where you could do that Mocha test as well. But it's mo c A. You got to get a twenty six out of thirty. Don't look it up before you take it. That's cheating. We don't want to look at the answers before. So you really want to do it going in fresh but there's a version one version two if you want to split up with somebody you know. We do it our office. The first day we'll do version one, and then during the reevaluation we'll do version two. But there's lots of valuable tools that you could do. If you guys have any issues with the SCAT six or the mocha, you have to call my office. Remember, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. We've got to analyze your brain. We got to figure out where the problems are. Once we figure out where the problems are, we're going to rehab them. Right. If it's a biceps injury, you're gonna do curls for us. If it's a frontal cortex injury, we might have to do some quick eye movements, or we might have to do some smell, or we might have to do little fine finger movements. If it's the area behind it called the parietal cortex that's more sensory, we might have to do some touch tests or two point discrimination or stuff where you feel things and you know position senses. So those are for the parietal. If it's the temporal, we might have to do some memory stuff or some balance or hearing stuff. If it's for the occipital, we might have to do. That's in the back. We might have to do some visual stuff. So it's always good to figure out where the problems are. If it's your cerebellum, which is kind of the back area, your upper neck area. It might be a balance problem. That's the drunk air the brain. So that's when the police I pull you over there. If you stand on one leg, that's for the cerebellumer. Do your finger to nose, that's for your cerebellum. Or walk like on a straight line on a tightrope, that's for your cerebellumer. Look in your eyes for an astagmus, that's for the cerebellum. So as neurologists, we figure out which areas are not functioning properly, and just like a physical therapist, I can give you exercise to stimulate those weak areas. It's not rocket science. If you have a weak area of your brain, let's do exercises that strengthen it. Right. If you want to get your vision better, you have to do eye exercises. If you want to improve your posture, and all this can be done. You could literally improve your vision every year if you do eye exercises. If you don't and you wear your glasses more, and you're on the computer more, and you don't look far away, and you're not doing any eye exercises, your eye gonna get worse every year. But if you do the twenty rule, which is every twenty minutes, you get up that computer, you get up that TV, you get up those screens, and you move for twenty seconds, you look twenty feet away. You gotta do the twenty rule or else your eyes are gonna get worse. Should do brock string exercises, b roc k Rock string exercise. We have them at our office if you want. They will literally do eye exercises to improve your vision, your near vision and your far vision. Don't believe the lie that, oh, once you get to be forty, that you're gonna need bifocals like for your near vision too. Yes, that happens because people stop exercising their eyes. You have to exercise your eyes. If you want to prove your vision, You want to prove your breathing, you gotta do breathing exercises. You want to prove your posture, do posture exercises. You want to prove your memory, do memory exercises. You want to prove your heart, you gotta run a little bit. You wanna get your bone strong, your muscles big, you do some weightlifting. It's not rocket science. If you want your brain to improve, you have to do brain exercises, just like you've gotta brush your teeth every day. You should do brain exercises every day, just like you should eat your fruits and veggies every day. You should do brain exercises every day, just like you shower every day. You should do brain exercises every day. Don't tell me you don't have the time to do brain exercises. You got the time to brush your teeth. You got the time to shower. You got the time to go to the bathroom. You have the time to wash your hands and eat lunch and dinner. Right. You got the time to text message your friend. You got the time to respond to a couple emails. You got the time to do some brain exercises. What are you prioritizing, right? How much time are you just spending on the line in Starbucks? You could be doing brain exercises during those two minutes waiting for the bus, waiting to check out at the grocery store, waiting for the train, waiting at a stop light, don't tell me you don't have time. I don't have time is the biggest myth ever. Do you know if you sleep eight hours a night and you work forty hours a day, forty hours a week, eight hours a night, forty hours a week, you still have over seventy hours of free time to do whatever you want. Seventy hours. I'm asking you to do two minutes of brain exercises and you have seven the hours a week. If you work fifty hours, you still got sixty two, sixty three hours something like that. You have time. Maybe you need help with time management, maybe you got a frontal cortex issue, but you got time to take care of your health starting from the first thing in the morning. If you got to wake up ten minutes, are really do it? But do your oil pulling. Switch that oil around. Then you should have a nice bowel movement. You're a nation. Then do some gratitude journal stuff. You know, name at least one, two or three things that you're grateful or have three goals that you want to accomplish today that you write down. Then read a little bit. I don't care if it's one page, but read something right. Then drink your water. Remember the water with the salt and a lemon and an empty stomach. First thing in the morning. Then I gotta exercise. You gotta exercise, move your body. The best time to exercise is in the morning. That's when testosterone is highest, that's when cortisol is highest. Exercise first thing in the morning. Get it done, Get your stuff done, use that power hour, meal prep. Get all the colors of the rainbow. Remember, want to eat all the colors red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple. Wanna avoid all the white foods, dairy, sugar, flour, bread, rice, potatoes, cookies, cake, all the white foods, all the creamies, all the yogurts, all the cereals, all those processed foods in the boxes and cans and bags. Avoid sugar, avoid sugar replacements. Don't eat sugar, don't eat sugar free, don't eat gluten, don't eat gluten free, don't eat dairy, don't eat dairy free, don't eat fat free. And start eating real colorful food every day and avoid the process of all the white foods. That way you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. More. When we come back from the.
Speaker 1: Break, don't miss boost your brain Power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six 't one two one five zero or emails info at Kaplan Brain and Body dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Kaplan, or visit kaplindc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power. So if we want to prevent the Manta all timers, the first thing we have to do is novelty. The second thing we need is fuel delivery, and that means sunlight, go outside, stop being stuck inside all day. There's three most important times to go outside. As number one sunrise at least ten minutes. Number two sunset at least ten minutes, and number three midday lunchtime twelve to two at least ten minutes. I don't care if you do just ten minutes, ten minutes, ten minutes, but do those three times. Those are the most important times so you can get more. We want it. That's a pure minimum. Three times a day for ten minutes. Get your sun, like get your vitamin D. That's vitamin D, which is actually a hormone. It's good for your thyroid, it's good for your immune system, helps prevent dementia, it's good for your gut. Vitamin D is the most important vitamin. Always check it on your blood work. I like it closer to fifty sixty seventy. Most doctors like it around twenty thirty. I think we need to double the normal range minimum. So if they want you from twenty to thirty, we need at least forty to fifty sixty for your vitamin D. In the winter, even more. Now, when you go outside, roll up your pant legs, roll up your sleeves, take off your hat, your glasses, let the sun hit it. To get the maximum vitamin D exposure. Number two field delivery sources oxygen. We have to get lots of oxygen. Normal air is about twenty percent oxygen, so we really need to filter out that nitrogen. You could do that through either a hyperbaric oxygen chamber. We have that and our office patients love that. That has to maximize your oxygen. Really good for all neurological diseases, especially people with low energy depression who get sick a lot. We commune system low motivation malaise. That hyperbaric oxygen chamber really gives them a boost. Any brain disorder works very very well. Or we have a concentrator too, which makes it forty percent oxygen. It filters out the nitrogen. Then you got to do diaphragmatic breathing. Breathe from your diaphragm. When you inhale, push your belly down and out, and when you exhale, suck it in. Make sure you work on your posture. You want to maximize oxygen. If your shoulders are all rolled in, you're not gonna breed at optimal levels. Keep that chin up. If your chin's down and your heads forward, you're also going to decrease your oxygen levels. Get outside, go near trees and forests and the woods. You gotta be out in nature to get the maximized oxygen intake. The third part is water, so we need to drink halfier body weight in ounces. If you weigh one hundred and fifty pounds, you need to drink seventy five ounces of water. So to do that on an empty stomach, make sure you put the salt in there to get absorption, because you don't want to just drink water and then pee it out. That's not good either. And then the less is your glucose, which is food. So we set to eat all the colors of the rainbow, stay away from all the white foods. There is your fuel delivery source. The other most important way to improve your brain to prevent dementia and Alzheimer's are brain exercises. So you literally have to strengthen your brain. And there's a lot of different brain exercises you could do. We've got thousands of them. Try this one at home, guys. Take your left arm and do big circles that go towards you, and then with your right arm, do big circles that go away from you. So basically one's kind of going to be going counterclockwise, the other's going clockwise. You want to go in the opposite direction. Most people can't do this. They'll either put both arms going forward or both arms going backward, but it's hard to go one forward and one backward because they'll be going in the opposite direction. That's an example of a brain exercise. Or another good one is where you do a peace sign with one hand, so just like two fingers up and an okay sign on the other hand, which is where you touch your thumb and pointer finger and have three fingers up on the other side. And then at the same time you say one, two, three, and which where you do the P sign on the other side and the okay sign on the other That's just two examples of thousands of exercises we have, but brain challenges, and we got to figure out which area of the brain. We might have to do a balance exercise, or we might have to do smell or light or sound, or we might have to do reaction times or stuff with your eyes closed, or breathing exercises. So everybody gets what they specifically need, but you really want to discover which areas of the brain are not functioning well. The best test that figures out which areas of the brain are not functioning well. It's called a qEEG brain mapping. Now, this measures your alpha brain waves, your beta, theta, and delta. Alpha brain waves are just when you're normally acting like right now. Probably beta brain waves are when you're really focused in thinking. You're you know, or at work, or you're at school making a test, or you're you know, giving a speech, or you're making a presentation, or somebody's asking you questions. That's your beta brain waves. Data is when you're just daydreaming looking out the window. You know, I'm sitting in the woods listening to the birds making their songs, and you know, that's the theta that's always good. And then the delta's when you're at night sleeping, your brains shut off, relaxed to calm, getting that deep sleep. There. So it measures all your brain waves and based on the location, it can tell us which areas of the brain are functioning well and which areas are not. It could literally pick up depression, anxiety, troubles with focus, shifting tasks, motivation, insomnia, sleep deprivation, stuff with their eyes and ears and uh, if there's heavy metal poisoning, if there's a concussion, if there's a pathology, if there's low dopamine, lowasido colin, there's a thyroid issue, if there's intestinal inflammation, and you know, this literally picks up every area of the brain. It's really cool. It's called a q EEG brain mapping. There's no radiation, it's not only an X ray. There's no pain. Uh, there's no tube like some small tube like an MRI that you gotta lie in. You don't have to take any contrast fluid. There's no risk. It's super easy. All you have to do is wear this cap and it's got these electroes attached to it, and it measures your brain waves. Just like an EKG measures your different heart waves. This measures your brain waves all right, non invasive, super quick, super easy. It's normally five hundred dollars. Our gift to you for the first seven people to call, text or email, you could literally get the entire qEEG brain mapping for only twenty one dollars. The phone number is six four six two two one six seven three eight. You can call or text. The email is info at kaplanbrainbody dot com. Just say you want the qEEG for twenty one dollars. You want to be one of the first seven people from the booshe your Brain Power radio show. Now I'm gonna talk about two more tests, and if you want to get all three tests you can. The second test is called a VNG video estography, and what that does. It measures your left and right brain. You wear these goggles and they have infrared cameras in them, and then you follow this red laser light and it goes left and right and up and down. It goes slow, it goes fast, it goes quick, and it goes over and over and over again, all different directions in the light and the dark with head movements. And based on all these different tests, we could tell which areas of the brain are overactive and which areas are underactive. For the areas that are overactive, you might get anxiety or panic. You might have eighty HD, your mind's racing, you're always worried, you're always stressed. You might have insomnia, might have heart palpitations, might have an autoimmune disease such as hashimotos or rheumatoid arthritis, or siliac or multiple sclerosis. Or it might tell us which areas are underactive. You might have you know, a thyroid problem. You might have low energy, you might have lack of motivation, bad memory, depression. It says, if the brain's underactive, the V and G will pick this up and we can say, Okay, this half is underactive, this is overactive, and we have to stimulate these part of your brain by doing these exercises. We have to relax this by doing this to get you in brain balance and homeostasis. If your brain is disconnected, you might have these highs and lows, might have depression, anxiety, you might have high energy and fatigue. You're gonna have these different types of reactions there. So the VNG is perfect for that. And again same thing, no radiation, no side effects, super easy, super quick. That test is also normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email you can get that for only twenty one dollars six four six two two one six seven three eight or email info at Kaplanbrain Andbody dot com. Now, the last test is a one on one with me, and during that one on one, I'll go over your VNG, I'll go over your qEEG brain mapping. I'll listen to your lungs and your heart and your gut. I'll check out your memory, your coordination, your balance, your posture, your alignment. Will check out your eyes and your ears, check out your gay in your balance. It's a nice physical and neurological evaluation. If you have blood work, we'll review that too. If you have any MRIs cat scans, we'll go over all that. It's all covered on the one on one with me, which is normally five hundred dollars, but if you're one of the first seven people, you can get that for only twenty one dollars. It's six four six two two one six seven three eight or email info at kaplanbraindobody dot com. And if you want all three, just say when you text your email, I want all three, all right, So I want to be one of the first seven people to do all three tests. The VNG, the q EEG, and the one on one with doctor Kaplan. They're only twenty one dollars each. All right. You can do all three, You could do one, you can do two. It's all up to you. You just got to be one of the first seven people, all right, So call right now, text right now, or email right now. If you want more information, you could visit my website kaplindc dot. If you're interested in my book, it's called Boost your brain Power, A Guide to Improving your Memory and Focus. You can get that on Amazon. When you say brain power, put in one word, so it's Boost your brain Power A Guide to Improving your Memory and Focus by doctor Eric Kaplan. I also have another book, Concussion Discussions. You can get that. Call my office. I can sign a copy for you. If you're interested in social media, We're on Facebook Caplan Brain and Body. We're on YouTube Caplan Brain and Body. We also have an Instagram Kaplin Brain Body, and then we have a TikTok Doctor Eric Kaplan. I also am a newspaper columnist for the Pascak Press. If you're not local in New Jersey, you can subscribe to email get my weekly health articles. If you want to listen to past shows, just go on the website of the radio station and look in the arc under boost your brain Power with Doctor Eric Caplan, and you can listen to all my old shows. If you are far away and you don't can't do the brain mapping or the VNG, you can do the one on one on one with me virtually. So a lot of patients are liking that the one on one virtually. We can do that over zoom, WhatsApp, FaceTime, whatever kind of service you have where we check everything, your memory, your balance, your range of motion. We do a full evaluation normally five hundred dollars, but you can do a virtual one for only twenty one dollars as well. Hope you guys learned a lot and we'll see you next week. If you want to function better, feel better, and live a better life, this is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you just listened to boost your brain power.
Speaker 1: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't misboost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Caplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero, or visit his website at kaplindc dot com. This has been a podcast from Woir