Speaker 1: All right, gen Z, listen up, friends, I kind of have your back on something that twenty percent of you can't do or have never done.
Speaker 2: And you can do it, you just have never done it.
Speaker 1: And that is twenty percent of gen Z have never written a letter, handwritten letter.
Speaker 3: A handwritten letter?
Speaker 2: Why would you write a letter? Now? Hold on, now, I'm the thank you note is different?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's what I Okay, I understand your separation, your differentiation. Now a handwritten letter and a thank you note very very much. I feel like they're two different things too.
Speaker 2: So now here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Though, twenty six percent of the people that were pulled and said it's set pulled here say it's been more than ten years since they've written a handwritten a letter.
Speaker 2: I haven't written a handwritten letter. I've written a lot of thank.
Speaker 4: You note, yeh, I mean thank you notes absolutely. I'm a big believer in thank you notes. But when I was a kid, I'd write letters to my cousin all the time, my cousins, my friends who lived in other states spam, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But now you don't have to. You don't have to ye time email.
Speaker 4: It's okay to get an email to keep up communication. I don't think it's okay to get an email as a thank you note.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with that. Yes, and boy, if there's one thing when this when our kid goes out into the world, which Tricia hates thinking about, but when she does, there will be one thing that has been hammered into her head.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is one of them.
Speaker 1: If you can think of others, I'd love to hear them, But right now I'm just focused on the importance of writing a hand written thank.
Speaker 3: You letter, right, I mean for her guests.
Speaker 1: We have pounded that into her over and of what else is she going to walk out into the world having pounded in dark.
Speaker 4: A good handshake and you look somebody in the eye when you shake their hand and introduce yourself and are talking to them, how to order food, how to order her own food. When people are talking to you're looking at them. You're not looking at your phone and looking around.
Speaker 3: It's it's all.
Speaker 4: Like basics, basics life skills. Being courteous, yeah and polite. Yeah, you don't look at somebody when they're talking to you or introducing. We made sure she had to get a handshake I think that's important.
Speaker 1: She's got a good one. Yeah, you got a good one to have those little raccoon hands like you.
Speaker 4: No, but she also doesn't break the person hands, the person's hand who she's shaking either.
Speaker 3: Those are not cool either.
Speaker 2: I don't do that.
Speaker 4: I didn't say you do. But I've had some people shake my hand that. I'm like, dezy, big fella, calm down, like it's just a nice firm handshake.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: People are still dapping too with the fist. Yeah, I like the fist. I do some work with the guy who's eighty two years old. He's a fist bump guy.
Speaker 3: He's a fist bump guy. There's something wrong with that.
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: Once, some other interesting little things about this, I think I may have cover five percent claim they've never written a personal letter.
Speaker 2: That's of all the people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and twenty percent again to GenZ, never written a handwritten letter.
Speaker 2: Don't really the need to do that anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah night.
Speaker 1: If you're going to do that, you might as well do it in the old English type you call burn the edges, roll it up in a scroll and give it to a carrier pigeon to deliver, or a raven or something like.
Speaker 3: That, so hold on.
Speaker 4: By comparison, only two percent of people fifty years in older say that they've never written a handwritten letter.
Speaker 3: Well, I know, I'm just saying.
Speaker 4: That's how big it was back in the day. And now technology, you know, changes things.
Speaker 1: Right there you go, cheez, Trisha. My name is Sandy. Thanks for being with us. Grab the podcast version of the show if you got a scoot, It's available every single day. Just search the Sandy Show and we have more coming up on Austin's eighties station what oh three point one. Tomorrow morning, The JV and Sandy Hour starts at seven. Be listening from seven until eight o'clock. If you can't, search JB and Sandy on the iHeartRadio and listen when you want. Trisian's got the story we love coming up in just a second when you got for us, and.
Speaker 4: I'm going to tell you about one of the world's most famous rappers just became a grandpa.
Speaker 3: Sandy, get ready to feel old?
Speaker 2: Oh really? Yep? All right.
Speaker 1: Before we get to that, Hey, I want to give me a shout out to one of our sponsors here on the show.
Speaker 2: It's King Go Roofing.
Speaker 1: They do a great job and we appreciate them being a part of the show and sponsoring the show. They do great work. And if you have any roofing means, make sure you go to Kangar roof because you know why, Trish, Why because they'll hop to it.
Speaker 4: Is that their tagline, that's their good love it.
Speaker 2: I love that Kangar roof. They hop to it.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you're a business owner that would like to be featured on this show and be a partner on this show, let me know, all right, reach out to me.
Speaker 2: It's pretty simple.
Speaker 1: All you have to do is send me a text message at seven three seven three zero one ninety six one hundred. I'd love to be the spokesperson for your brand. So hit me up again at seven three seven three zero one ninety six one hundred.
Speaker 2: Of the stories we love the.
Speaker 4: Last your whole studio.
Speaker 3: Here's Tricia Delicia.
Speaker 2: That's Clarissa.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Clarissa, Thank you, Clarissa.
Speaker 4: Uh So, every anybody recognized the name Hayley Jade, Sandy, do you recognized that name? Haley?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Hayley j Jade has just announced the birth of her first child with her husband, Evan McClintock.
Speaker 3: Haley Jade's dad is Eminem.
Speaker 2: Oh that Hayley Eminem.
Speaker 3: Is a grandpa. He rapped about her in some of his songs.
Speaker 4: They had a baby boy and they named him Elliot Marshall McClintock, and its two tributes to her dad. His rap name is Marshall Mathers. So the baby's middle name is Marshall.
Speaker 2: His real name is Martha.
Speaker 4: Real name is Marshall Mathers. Sorry, so the baby's middle name is Marshall. And if you spell out the initials E M. M Elliott Marshall McClintock, it spells out as Eminem.
Speaker 1: That little baby looks just like him, I know, right, So it's like a little ty Eminem.
Speaker 3: A little teeny tiny Eminem. He's super cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, Eminem is a grandpa. I know. I remember the video he posted on his social media when his daughter told him by handing him a sonogram picture and his face looking at the camera holding the sonogram picture is utter shock.
Speaker 3: Yeah wow, But now.
Speaker 4: He's a grandpa. You know, there's going to be some new songs coming out about that baby.
Speaker 2: Now, did you say how old his daughter is? How old?
Speaker 3: The mom is I did not say that, but I can't.
Speaker 2: Well, she's got to be close to thirty.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think maybe so I can look it up. Let's see. And I was trying to figure out.
Speaker 4: How old he is is Haley and Jade, she is twenty nine, you're right close to thirty.
Speaker 2: Wow, what happened to her mom?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And he is fifty two. I think the mom was out of the picture. I think there were maybe some such true yes. I seem to remember that in some of his songs, yes and stuff. Wow, that's crazy to believe. Eminem is a grandpa.
Speaker 3: He's a grandpa.
Speaker 4: Grandpa a younger than you and I are, and he's a grandpa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that baby's just going to be The first words are going to be please stand up, Please stand up.
Speaker 4: That's what they'll be saying to the baby when they're trying to teach him how to skin up.
Speaker 1: And we stand up. That's pretty funny. Yeah, wow, very cool. Well, congratulations to them. Eminem becomes grandpa.
Speaker 4: Eminem's a grandpa. Now I feel like I need to listen to some Eminem songs.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Hey, look, I don't know if you're thinking about maybe getting a gig at the Family Dollar and you're you're making a pros and cons list of the job, but this, this might be on the cons side.
Speaker 2: If this was going to happen to you.
Speaker 1: Dude in New Hampshire walks into a family Dollar store on Saturday night but naked, but naked, but naked, except he had on a surgical man.
Speaker 2: He shouted, hey, and then he ran.
Speaker 3: Out, ran out the store.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cops are investigating. He is described as a heavy set man that was totally naked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all he got on him, like such a surgical mask.
Speaker 4: And what I instantly said when I read this story was that is a baby naked criminal in the making.
Speaker 3: That is a man who has.
Speaker 4: Been having urges to be out in public naked, and he finally talked himself into trying it.
Speaker 3: And all he could manage was a hey and to run out.
Speaker 2: Of the store. That was it.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 4: This is the beginning, you know when they say like there are signs like serial killers when they're young, there are things that they do like baby's heal this man, if he doesn't get caught, we will hear from him again, and it'll be something else.
Speaker 1: Naked related or on the flip side of that toins which it could be a guy that wanted to give it a shot.
Speaker 2: Did it was like, Yeah, that wasn't.
Speaker 3: What I thought it was.
Speaker 2: That wasn't as great as I thought it was going to.
Speaker 3: Didn't get the rush I was anticipated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now I feel silly because I went into a dollar general, a dop family dollar with a surgical mask on.
Speaker 4: It, nothing else naked. Maybe he's just trying to protect himself from germs. I mean, I feel like you should cover up everything. If you're worried about germs, you don't walk around naked.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think the surgical mask was so they couldn't identify him, and thankfully police have not put out pictures or photos of the streaker.
Speaker 1: I bet you he has been waiting for the first warm day of the season up in New Hampshire to do this.
Speaker 4: Right, because again I've pointed this out, you don't see a bunch of naked things happening in the winter. You think it's because cold weather can cause maybe some embarrassment.
Speaker 2: Or some shame and some frost bites.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they're at least gonna wait until they have a good showing. That's warm enough that they'll have a good showing if they're gonna show up naked somewhere.
Speaker 1: But I'm I'm gonna put a flag on this story. I'm gonna follow this because I'd imagine we'll hear from him again.
Speaker 3: I think Sophia didn't get caught.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just go to a place where naked plate people are okay with you being naked.
Speaker 4: They don't care, and he likes the thrill of that You're not supposed to be naked here, which is most places.
Speaker 2: You know that. My mom got flashed, right.
Speaker 3: Really, I got flashed in elementary school.
Speaker 2: What happened with your mom?
Speaker 1: My mom, my grandmother, my mom's twin sister were just out for a walk in the neighborhood and this young guy came out and pulled his shorts down in front of him did some gross things. Funny thing about that is that they were pretty mortified, right, Yeah, he came back to the house screaming and yelling, well about I don't know. Two three weeks later, my mom and my dad are out on a walk in our neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Guess who's out in the front.
Speaker 1: Yard mow in his grass in the exact same shorts.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, did your mom say or do anything?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. They called the police and they arrested him.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, he's like a seventeen eighteen year old kid.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they followed through with the charges and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: But a baby flasher is what happened. He's yeah and building, yep, and in the.
Speaker 3: First stages of doing his stuff.
Speaker 4: I was on an elementary school bus going on a field trip and the bus stopped at a red light, and I was sitting by the window and I just looked out and looked down and there was a guy in a convertible with no pants on.
Speaker 2: Right and flashy. He's just naked cruising.
Speaker 4: Naked cruising, pulling up next to a school bus. I mean, he wasn't just out relaxing, naked cruising.
Speaker 3: He was hoping somebody would see him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I screamed, and all the kids went to the side of the bus.
Speaker 1: I had a girl pull her shirt up and show me her breast on Bourbon Street.
Speaker 2: Once.
Speaker 4: It's weird when you say breasts. Yeah, Bourbon Street. That happens a lot, Just so you know. She wasn't like thought, sweet on you.
Speaker 2: Did.
Speaker 3: Did she ask for anything in return like beads?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that happens a lot.
Speaker 1: Seeing well just ruined my whole fans. Sorry, I thought I just thought I was doing good. Hey, thanks for being with us. If you are a new listener, my name is Sandy. This is Trisha. Hi. Everybody's got three questions for me called rapid fire, Q and A. It's a good way to get to know us a little bit better here on the Sandy Show.
Speaker 4: Here's your first question, Sandy, what is your preferred shower temperature?
Speaker 3: I have a reason for asking.
Speaker 2: This because it depends on the time of year.
Speaker 1: Oh so in the winter time, I'm all about a really really hot shower, right, But in the summertime, I'm for really really hot. And then before I get out of the shower, I do a couple of minutes of really really cold.
Speaker 3: You're the one.
Speaker 4: I keep getting in the shower and turning the water on and it's all the way to cold, and I'm all, who is taking a cold shower?
Speaker 2: I don't know. If you are a daughter, is that just a lot of effort to move it to the water.
Speaker 4: No, I just again, I'm like, who's taking a cold shower.
Speaker 3: It's freezing cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love a cold especially when it's warm, because I don't want to get out of the shower and just start sweating again. I mean, Stricia can't figure out why she sweats when she gets out of the shower and she's got a blow dryer going and she just took a show hit.
Speaker 4: That is incorrect to know exactly why I sweat. But I'm not going to take a cold shower. In fact, I was taking a shower the other day and our daughter had to stick her head and to ask a question, and she was like, whow all the steam came billowing out the door. I love a hot shower, but I had to cool down before I then have to dry my hair.
Speaker 3: I hate drying my hair because it makes me all hot again.
Speaker 4: Next question, Sandy, what is the most expensive ticket you've ever received.
Speaker 3: And what was it for?
Speaker 1: I can't answer that because I haven't gotten many tickets. I can't remember. I honestly cannot remember. But I can't tell you a funny story. When I lived in Ohio, I went to go get Ohio driver's license and they told me that I had outstanding court costs from nineteen ninety and.
Speaker 3: This was just like seven eight years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I had got pool over in the state of Iowa and apparently never took care of the court costs.
Speaker 3: You didn't think you'd ever go to Iowa again?
Speaker 1: No, because I don't know why I knew i'd go to i When my parents live right on the border of Iowa Nebraska, I knew it'd be in Iowa again. And I called him up and I'm like, hey, this is weird. But apparently in nineteen ninety I didn't pay some court costs. You're like, oh, yeah, here you are. I go you've been looking for me? And they're like, not really fine. They said it's a good thing you can get pulled over in Iowa. So I just gave my credit card, paid it and it's gone. It's an expensive way that was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like, I don't know, ninety five dollars.
Speaker 1: No, that's not that right. But still I was shocked that it was there. I had no idea, Yeah, that it was there.
Speaker 3: That's fair.
Speaker 4: So last question, this is the one I gave you a little bit of time to think about. If you were going to have an emotional support animal, what would it be. This is based huh, go ahead. This is based off a story that some man in Chicago. The police had to remove seven tigers from his home and he kept arguing that they were his emotional support tigers.
Speaker 1: I want what. First of all, I'm a manly man. Yeah, I don't need an emotional support anything. Okay, take care of myself. But if I had the have one, it'd be an emotional koala bear.
Speaker 3: Ah. They're so godly.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, That's what I would be, my.
Speaker 3: Guy, an emotional koala bear.
Speaker 1: I'd take him everywhere. He just hang onto my hip. You know he does on a tree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wouldn't take it any room.
Speaker 4: If you flew with them on a plane, No, eats it right now on my lap, sit right on your lap. You wouldn't even have to hold him. They just instinctively hold.
Speaker 2: Onto you right now. I thought panda, but too big.
Speaker 4: Too big and those How is that species still alive?
Speaker 3: Have you seen all those.
Speaker 4: Videos on on Instagram where they just are falling out of trees and playing and rolling off of porches and stuff.
Speaker 2: They're cute and dumb.
Speaker 3: They're cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they sit around eat baboo and they got dirty butts sit around and what eat bab boo bat bamboo bad?
Speaker 3: I think you said baboons. I was like ba.
Speaker 2: Boom bamboo, Yeah said bab boom. I'm right sure.
Speaker 3: A koala bear.
Speaker 1: That is Austin' dating station one o three point one streaming on the iHeartRadio app. Hey, you want to hear yourself on the radio. We want you to be a part of the show. So we've been clowning around and you've probably heard it that we have renamed our studios when Tricia does this story.
Speaker 2: We love the Lester Holt Studios because Leicester's retired.
Speaker 4: Because he's retiring and it's my tribute to him. He's the reason I'm a reporter.
Speaker 2: He's your motivation.
Speaker 3: He's my motivation. I love Lester Holt and.
Speaker 1: We want you guys to introduce Tricia in the Lester Holt Studios. So here's where a little tiny bit of work comes in. But if you do it, you'll hear yourself on the radio. On iHeartRadio app. There's a little red microphone. It's called the talkback button. We want you to tap that button and say something like this from the Lester Holt Studios.
Speaker 2: Here's Tricia Delicia. That's all you have to do.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: You'll introduce me at the beginning of my report in stint. Each time each story, you're the voice everybody hears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could do it in your own style. Whatever you want to do, be yourself, do whatever. You don't have to do it just like I said, but something to the effect of from the Lester Holds Studios.
Speaker 2: Here's Tria Delicia. That's all we're asking.
Speaker 3: That's all we're asking. I think it'll be fun.
Speaker 1: If we had a big prize or something to give you, we would, but look, we don't.
Speaker 4: We spend all our money on the lasers and the tiny prize will so tap that talk back button and do that for