Speaker 1: Hello everyone, Welcome back to a brand new episode of the Poker Gough Podcast. My name is Donny Peters. I am joined by Tim Duckworth, the The Fisherman. I should say, I mean you you look like you look like you just got off the boat. Your beer is out of ef in control, your hair is sticking out the sides of your hat. You look like the guy who they brought on to kill Jaws.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll take that.
Speaker 1: I have you have you have you watched?
Speaker 2: Have I watched Jaws?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm a human being, of course I have watched Jaws.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're you're an Australian.
Speaker 2: So iconic movie. Yeah. I'm not shaving.
Speaker 1: A Quint Is a Quint? Is that his name?
Speaker 2: Remember? Now?
Speaker 1: I mean you resemble him right now? For sure?
Speaker 2: I get it. I get Look, I'm not shaving until Christmas, not cutting my hair until next World Series. I'm I'm a complete mess. So get used to this look for now. That's why I'm gonna wear. I had a lot cover up them craziness.
Speaker 1: Why are you growing your hair out just because? Sam Quinn? Sam Sam Quint with more of a robust, haggard beard.
Speaker 2: I like that moment. Yeah, I don't take that all right.
Speaker 1: Apologies for any audio issues. I'm remote on headphones only, so shout out producer Rich Ryan, Who's gonna make me sound like a beautiful soul a singing angels as we might.
Speaker 2: Jesse McCartney, Jesse McCartney, that's Susan's beautiful sult.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know that was every word to that song.
Speaker 2: You know how you have you know have there's like songs that you know every word to and it's embarrassment. That's my beautiful Saul.
Speaker 1: I mean, I couldn't have one Jesse McCartney song. People will let alone know, let alone know an entire song front to back, but every word. Nevertheless, Tim never disappoints, of course. All right, On today's episode, it is Tuesday, October twenty ninth, we're going to talk about Super Higher leble Plo. We are going to recap that event. We had a big win by Seth Davies. We'll hit on the updated standings to the PGT leaderboard. Have to of course give you guys an update on our little fantasy contest going between Tim and I, and then I guess we'll touch on the rest of the PGT because we are into the home stretch of things, a few events left in the season before we get into that PGT Championship event. And then I got a question for you, buddy, I got a question for you. So I hope you're on your toes. I hope you're ready to go. Okay, So yeah, that's what we're gonna do. But of course, you know, we gotta pay some bills. We got to thank our sponsors before we get into the nitty gritty of this episode. First up, this episode of the Poker Grol Podcast is brought to you by the Poker Stars NABT the Upcoming Poker Stars ANAPT that starts on Friday of this week, Friday, November one, the NAPT Las Vegas returns. Then it returns to Resorts World. You were just there the other day, Yes, I was see you. Beautiful room, beautiful room. It deserves deserves much more traffic than it gets, but hopefully the NPT Las Vegas will will help bring some of that. For the upcoming ten days or so, November first through tenth is the NAPT Las Vegas series. It is of course, headlined by the fifty three hundred dollars buying three million dollar guaranteed main event, and the schedule has everything from two hundred and fifty dollars buy ins up to twenty five k, so there is something for everyone. Two of those events the twenty five K Super high Roll and the ten thy three hundred dollars high Roller our PGT qualifying event. To learn more about NAPT Las Vegas, visit PokerStars Live dot com slash NAPT slash Las Vegas. Tim and I will be there. Hope to see you guys there. If you are a podcast listener, please stop us and say hello. And I think I saw on social media from Poker Stars the other day that it's one hundred and fifteen gold pass winners will be there. It's a night, there's a lot of qualifiers into that NAPT Las Vegas main event. This episode of the Poker Podcast is also brought to you by storm x. The easiest way to earn crypto just heading over to storm x dot io to activate cash back over offers. Excuse me. Then start shopping online as you normally do. Shop through the eligible vendors listed on storm x dot io and you can earn crypto cash back on confirmed purchases. Earning crypto doesn't have to be hard. With storm X, earning crypto is easy. This podcast is also brought to you by are good friends over at run it once, where if you are a PLO enthusiast, then you should hop on over to run it once dot com slash shr b and then use the code s hr B at checkout so you can gain access to the most powerful PLO study too available and that is the Vision gto Trainer. You can also get a free month of run it Once's Elite video plan. I use run it once regularly. I love their elite videos. It is great, great, great content. So if you go over to run it once dot com slash shr b and use that promo code s hr B at checkouts, that means you can get access to more than eighty five hundred poker training videos, and one hundred and seventy six of those are specifically devoted to studying with the Vision gto Trainer. You'll learn alongside high stakes pros like Philgalfon, Richard Reicho, Corey, Mike Sell, and many more. Again, that's run it once dot Com slash shr b and use the code shrb at checkout. Check it out now because the offer is only available for a limited time, so get in there before the offer runs out. All right, Super High rollerbrol PLO, which was presented by Vision gto trainer Seth Davies, is the champion one point five million in Davies's pockets. He came back from two big blinds to win it all. If you can believe it, quite the incredible comeback run for Seth Davies. He tried to bluff Shaan Winter. It didn't work. He was knocked all the way down into two big blinds, but a few double ups later, another big pock go in his way. Next thing you know, Davies is right back into the thick of it. He eventually goes into heads up play against Artem Maximov with the chip lead. I think it was about two to one at the time, maybe a little bit holm. Maximov actually starts closing the gap, but then a set versus top pair on the flop allowed Davies to extend that chip lead up to more than three to one, and then from there he never looked back and shortly finished off Arte Maximoff, who had a great showing himself second place for nine hundred K. Seven players did cash in this event from the forty two entry field SETH Davies first place one point five million, Arte Maximoff second place, nine hundred K. Sean Winter third place, six hundred thousand. Jared Blesnik, the defending champion, another very very deep run in this event, almost defended his title but ultimately fell in fourth place for four hundred and fifty thousand dollars. Josh Aria fifth place, three hundred and thirty thousand dollars, Sam Silverall two hundred and fifty K for a sixth place finish, and then Ben Tolering, fresh off his twenty five K win he at the end of the PGTPLO series, follows that up with a seventh place finish here for one hundred and seventy K. Jeremy Osmas, the PGT front runner, he bubbled the tournament so didn't get his twenty sixth cash of the PGT season, but you know, still prove that you know he has what it takes to put himself in position to do well in big tournaments. For Davies, his second Super High Rollerbowl win in two months time. At the end of August, he won Super High ROLLERBWL nine over in Cyprus. Tim was there. He took home just over three point two million dollars for that, So just over four point seven million dollars from these two wins for Davies. Just absolutely crushing. I mean, what are your thoughts on the event? I know you talked to Davies afterwards, so any takeaways or actually hold on, let me let's play the Davies interview first, right, and then I'll get your response. I should I should do this in correct order. I'm a horrible host. So first up here is Seth Davies.
Speaker 2: Seth Davises, congratulations, second super High Robleball victory. You also the third player to win two in the same year, Justin and Timothy Adams. I want to know for you which ring is more superior, the no limit hold On one or this PLO one. They're hard to compare.
Speaker 3: It's kind of apples apples to oranges. It's I think the PLOS is really cool because there's so many guys from different from a different world kind of come in here.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: There's so many players are like cash game pros from Europe especially, so it's cool.
Speaker 2: To have those guys come in here.
Speaker 3: It's like a much different world, so I couldn't say one's better than the other. I think the no limit means a little more to me because I've been a no him a pro for longer and I was really hunting a big win like that.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I can't can't say no this. Your two biggest scores have come now in Super High rolla Wall. You're now twenty third on the Old Time Money List. For you personally, you know, family man, poker player. Do you care that much about moving up on this Old Time Money List?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do. I do.
Speaker 3: I mean, at the end of the day, making money is the primary objective, but something like the All Time Money.
Speaker 2: List, it's it.
Speaker 3: It gives you that specifically, it gives you a lot of validation for what your career is, right because like nobody just dumbles into like you know, thirty million in cases or whatever. Somebody can run hot and win like a ten million dollars main event or something. So it's a lot of validation to have the longevity to accumulate that much in caches.
Speaker 2: So it means a lot to me for sure. We never really kind of count on you to be in our PLO events, but you know, you won the twenty five K in March's PGTPLO series. Now you've won one hundred k. Are we going to become a PLO specialist? Put you know, throwing No Limit to the side.
Speaker 3: No Limits my main my main girl there, she's never gone anywhere but PLO. I was just talking to our ten, the guy who got second, about this and how PELO tournaments are becoming more of a you know or pronounced part of the high stakes schedule nowadays. You know, you have a bunch of wsops here at Super high Rollable now as well as like PGT PLO series, So there's just a lot of PILO.
Speaker 2: Tournaments to play now.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to be around playing all these for sure.
Speaker 2: Obviously you're going to spend a lot of time at home, you know, working on your game, working you know, solvers, working on No Limit holding. Are you now adding more PLO to your kind of you know study in preparation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, I spent a lot of time studying, studying PLOW. I there's you know, I just don't have millions I have you know, literally millions of Hands of No Limit under my belt, so like I have really good fundamentals of that game. And PLO I just don't, so I got a lot of ground to cover up. So fortunately, one of the good things I've worked for me is I know how tournaments work and how the values of chips are kind of fluid throughout the tournament, which.
Speaker 2: Is very important.
Speaker 3: So once I can kind of blend that with better PLO fundamentals, I'll think I'll be a pretty good weapon at these PLO tournaments.
Speaker 2: You always, you know, complain to me that we need more freeze outs and you know you were lucky enough to parlay one bullet in the satellite do you hundre kate buying but you know that didn't go too well and second entry, So I want to know what goes through your mind when you're considering a re entry in a tournament, you know, a buying of Vispi versus and also a field that's you know, relatively small.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so late buy ins are actually better in smaller fields. Basically, so whenever people have busted from a tournament, there's kind of dead money. It's you call it dead money, but it's not dead money. It's not completely dead. But the idea is basically, when the field is smaller, the fewer things need to happen for you to one make the money to to win the tournament. So if you're talking about a thousand person field, registering late isn't as advantageous because so many things have to happen.
Speaker 2: So it's much more.
Speaker 3: Valuable to you know, play as many hands as you can and accumulate chips if.
Speaker 2: You're a winning player.
Speaker 3: So I'm just like mostly gonna be rebuying most of the time. If I mean that will game select. You know, if it's a really tough Pilo tournament, I'm not gonna be in there. But I think those will be rare at least not to the point that at least tough to the point where I don't think I'm at least break even in them. So I'll be rebuying pretty much anytime.
Speaker 2: Two months left in the year, there's a couple of big series coming out. You know, we've got napt and win here and then you know we're got Tried and also you know Paradise, So yep, your approach to your schedule coming out, what is it? But also like what is your mind mindset knowing you know, we got this big win here, we got that big win in Cypress, we had a Pokemasa's final type. But how you feeling approaching this two pretty big months of ton poker fi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I couldn't ask for a better mindset to be in with. You know, we're coming into massive stakes at Triton, at Win and at Bahamas, So just having a great year underneath me already, let's it really just like lets you kind of be free and not scared. It's like confidence and momentum is absolutely a thingk in poker because it's going to keep you from being tight and scared of losing, which is kind of disastrous. So being able to carry that mindset into these gigantic buy INDs is like a huge, huge boost for me.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So that was mister Davies. I guess a little bit of a deja vu because you talked to him at the end of the super high rollerbl win. Yeah, Cyprus. Now you're talking to him at the end of the super high Rollable Pelo win here in Vegas. You know, what are you kind of your thoughts coming out of the event from Davis?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, yeah, both these two wins for him two biggest Korea school you know you mentioned three point two million and one point five million, so he touched on it, you know, winning two very extremely prestigious events, you know, high stakes, insanely tough competition for his two biggest wins, you know, kind of that's a big career defining moment, you know for him. There obviously talked to him about all time moneyless and what that means to him, and you know, it's actually the thing I took most out of it is that, you know, Seth is just like he's so calm and so you know, his responses, he just are so well thought out, you know, and you've just won one point five million dollars. Even when I talked to him in August after winning three point two, both times he had a beer in his hand, but yet he was his response is so professional, and it's it's good to see these like good guys that are on the tour playing all that PGT events breakthrough to win such you know, such career highlight kind of events.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, a couple of years ago, you know, much was made of the close calls for Chris Brewer, you know, just constantly like knocking at the door of big, big events, but but you know, never really broke through. You know, Seth Davies I think has kind of a similar story arc where he's always in there battling in some of the biggest events in the world. And you know, yeah, years ago he did win a World Poker Tour title and he has that, right. But these events that are around now, you know, the PGT events, the Triton events, all the high roller stuff that takes place at the World Series of Poker, you know, they're they're a different tier now, right, and it's it's not necessarily about these days. I mean, you can correct me if I'm wrong here in what I'm thinking, But you get a World Poker Tour win, for example, you know, you get a WSVY bracelet and kind of a more common event. You know, I mean, no disrespect to the events, I'm just gonna use that phrase, but you know, like a one K, fifteen hundred, et cetera. You know, those large field MTTs. That's all well and good, and that's certainly respectable to be able to navigate through that, but I think there's more of a tip of the cap. When a player beats extremely elite, its extremely prestigious competition, and that can be against thirty players, it can be against fifty players, it can be against you know, one hundred players, whatever it may be. But it's more about the level of competition that is, like what these top guys are striving to go after now. So getting like one of these high roller wins at such an elite level. You know, Davies had it in Super High Rollable in Cyprus. Now he has it in the hunter K super High roll level plo here in Vegas. So, you know, I think those things just kind of going back to what I was getting at with Chris Brewer. Like Davies has always been around, He's always been in these events. He just he hadn't had the close calls that Brewer had, you know, but he was always there. You know, he just kind of bombed out early. It just never really worked out for him. So, you know, everyone was kind of winning towards Oh, you know, Chris Brewer is just he's getting so close, He's getting so close, and a lot of times Brewer is getting screwed by bad beats, just just very unlucky. And then finally he broke through. You know, for Davies, it was just like kind of Whin's he gonna break through? When's he gonna break through, and then this year boom like just an absolute rocket ship, you know, propelled by these two victories. So so yeah, it's kind of been a long time coming for him on the high stake scene. But I will say kudos to him for continuing to show up in battle, because I'm sure it's not easy to constantly show up and basically get your teeth kicked in or a bow out early or whatever it may be. And and and specifically in this event, you know, coming back from from trying a bluff that didn't work, he gets knocked down to two big blinds, ultimately is able to spin it back up, put himself in con contention, and then go on to get the victory in a game that he admits that isn't his specialty. You know, Nolan man hold him is his game. He's he has taken a more serious approach to POO in probably the last year year and a half, and not during this PGTPLO series, but the last one. He did close it out with a win in the twenty five K finale, and now he goes on to win the biggest PG or the biggest PLO event in the world. So good on Seth Davies kind of sort of announcing himself this year. If you haven't known about Seth Davies, like here he is. This is his big arrival, and he sets himself up nicely, you know, going into the the PGT Championship. You know where he's now in third place, which unless something ridiculous happens, but it's never gonna happen. He's locked into making that championships, so we'll see him battling there and he'll be able to do so in nolaant Holdham, which is his specialty. So very much looking forward to seeing what Davies brings for the rest of the PGT season and then ultimately in that championship. Any more takeaways on Davies. I have some questions for you, but don't you know anything else on on Davies specifically, No.
Speaker 2: I mean you guys heard the interview. The one thing you know I did ask him about was, you know, kind of what we just discussed No Limit versus PLO, and it was interesting that he was like, yeah, that's my bread and butter, know them holding But you see so many so much PLO now World Series. You see it to try and obviously the PGT is kind of all in on PLO right now, and he kind of sees that as hey, this is another potential value spout if I can get better. So he is now actively, you know, working on his PLO game, and it's shown you got the hundred K title, he's got a twenty five K title. Now I imagine you get a few more one hundred thousand hands under the belt, a few more simulations, he could be one of the best OMAHA players in the world. You just never know. Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 1: After he won our colleague MKO Rinkima did a brief interview with him as well, and you know he he basically likened PLO to like a big logic puzzle, and I think that that really tracks a lot, you know, Like I every time I'm in the booth with a Jane Andes or hearing Alex Livingston on the Super High Rollble PLO commentary, you know, it does feel like a lot of the PLO stuff, the strategy stuff makes sense if you just take some time and like think it all through. And I think that you see a lot of lines taken from the best players in the world that really do make a lot of sense. Whereas nolamn hold them. You know, I feel like on one side it's it's robotic, but then also like, I don't know, at times, it feels a little less logical to me, maybe a little bit more artistic, I would say, because.
Speaker 4: You do have to.
Speaker 1: I think some of the best players in the world mirror theory and exploit, you know, kind of all on one. So anyway, but hey, listen, good on Seth Davies, and I think that overall, you know, I think there's probably a lot of money to be made in PLO if you can get good, I would say, in the next three to six months, if you can like really lock in your your PLO game. Just because the rise of PLO in general, I think a lot of people are looking to play it both in a cash game setting and in a tournament setting. I think a tournament setting can be a little bit more controllable. On the variant side, I mean cash games, it feels like guys are just going to like almost play anything and just kind of gamble it up and get their money in. At least from a lot of what I talked to my friends who play a lot of high stakes to PLO cash. But then on the tournament side, it feels a little bit more controlled. If you're a very good player and if you know what you're doing, you can really take advantage of things and really find some good spots. So if you have an interest in that sort of thing, I would highly encourage you to jump in, because it does feel like the time is now. This year's Super High Rollable PLO had forty two entries. Last year was thirty six. How do you feel about the turnout, mister commission excellent.
Speaker 2: You know, like I said, I just wanted thirty nine. I just wanted to beat Lossius. So we did that. We did that pretty pretty comfortably, did that on day one before even actually we tied it on day one. Sorry, it could have been more. You know, That's kind of what I'm gonna say on that. I feel there was a few Well who was missing? I mean that's not going first.
Speaker 1: The first name that sticks out in my head that was missing Sean Deep No not, he didn't play it last year. I know Ben Lamb, well, he's like mister PLO. Did he He must have had something else going.
Speaker 2: Did you not see his Instagram all week? He's playing some round of golf with every day of the PLO tournament.
Speaker 1: So that makes sense. I mean, obviously, you know I and I want to say that I thought I heard him say that, like he had something scheduled then. And Ben's a massive golfer and you know he takes that extremely seriously and he's had a lot of like incredible life experiences from that, like he he got to golf with Tiger Woods because it's something that he won or whatever. So so yeah, I mean, I don't I don't blame him for asking it up to do that, but it was, you know, I was like, you know, walking through the room, like, hey, where's Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ben Lamb was a big one. Dylan Lindy was another one. He had a trip pre planned, so that kind of we lost him. Uh, And they were obviously playing the entire PGT PLO series. Another person, Latara Guerrera, who played the entire PLO series, thought he might stick around. He didn't. He went back home, obviously as a little newborn baby, and home some players that I thought we're going to play that didn't. I thought maybe maybe we could have seen a Chance Corneth or a Shande, but they were, like I was hoping.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Chance corner and speaking of seeing things on Instagram, I don't know if you follow I think it's Eric Hawkman and this guy out of Denver, but yeah, all I know is Chance was in the Instagram. He's like a fitness influencer, like a big like fitness influencer. I should get his name correctly before. I sure it was Chance, Eric Hinman, Yeah for sure, because even Eric said something along the lines of like we should have bet, like I wasn't gonna bet on today's workout or something like that, and then he tagged Chance.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, okay, Eric Haman.
Speaker 1: Three hundred and ten thousand followers, five time iron Man, like I believe he lives in Denver and has this crazy like backyard with sauna, cold plunges like all this different. Yeah, I mean you would, you would, you would love this guy, okay, with your newfound fitness enthusiasm. Just the Chance Corners was in the Instagram and I was like, hold on happening.
Speaker 2: I guess another guy we saw. He was the first person we saw Sweet Lou Sweet Lou Gozi.
Speaker 1: I saw him there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe he didn't not He's all over the place. And then I'm.
Speaker 1: Surprised that we didn't get a Jason Mercyer just you know, I know he doesn't travel a lot from Worker, but I thought, you know, maybe a one off, like a one off hundred k poo Jason would make the trip out, especially when you you adjusted the schedule to allow for that day to registration. Maybe you come in for you know that that that just that second day, Yeah, come in with the thirty big blinds and go from there exactly.
Speaker 2: And then I guess we've got to look at some of the re entrants at dinner re enter. Richard Greicho, he was one of the first casualties. I thought he might be a day two re entrance, saying with Bryce Jockey, both too early eliminations. And then we look at the two local guys, you know, Jesse Lonas, Alex Foxen. Alex had multiple bullets listed on you know, poker steak, so that kind of assumed he was going to be put up the re entry. He busted, you know, last ten minutes of day two of day one, sorry, and same with Jesse big plo player obviously a lot of success in the I think it was the fifty k he won at the World Series. But they were two kind of people I thought would definitely re enter and dinn't. So maybe we kind of ran bad. Maybe we should have had forty four forty five total entrance. But you know what, forty two is a great number for one hundred k, especially when there is another one hundred k PLO in about a month's time down in Bahamas.
Speaker 1: Where was mister Phil Galfon? You know, I heard he was supposed to be playing. I heard he was going to be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. That's another that mister. You know, these guys they just they just fake PLO people. Yeah, maybe he's washed up, just can't hack it anymore, but no, I don't know. Obviously, very busy with you know, Rona wants and vision gto trainers, so you know poker is taking a back seat for him and other players like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, overall, I thought the turnout was good. I said forty six was my number, So it fell a little bit short.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I thought we might get a couple of those names that we just talked about that pop in there. You know, I definitely I thought sweet Luke Garza was a possibility going in, and then we saw him and I was like Okay, he's for sure gonna be in there. I heard Tom Dwan walk by the studio he's he's when when it.
Speaker 4: Was happening, and asked, what's going on or something? What's happening with what's going on in there? I mean he was sure it was Tom, though, I mean I heard it was. I don't have any reason to doubt who said that?
Speaker 2: Remco Okay, yeah, I mean it could have if it was one of the production guys. Maybe they didn't know, they didn't notice him.
Speaker 1: He said to Liz the production person.
Speaker 2: Stage manager stage manager.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I forgot our title, said like, hey, Liz, what's going on in there? Because she obviously does the stage managing stuff for like all the big cash games that he plays on at times, right, So that seems like he would know what's going on. So yeah, so I just thought that that was interesting. I don't know what we gotta do. I don't know who I got to sell my left arm too or something to get Ivy in the damn studio for these tournaments.
Speaker 2: He was too busy playing five ten no women hold him at the win with Joey Ingram and Brad Owen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Patrick Antonius, I would love to see him in there too.
Speaker 2: I'll never get him. Why not taxes?
Speaker 1: But they play cash?
Speaker 2: There's no taxes on cash games?
Speaker 1: Are there no taxes on cash games?
Speaker 2: Well, Ari doesn't tax cash games.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you're on a televised cash game. Patrick played on a televised cash game before.
Speaker 2: I don't think that matters.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, I'm just saying he's played on televised cash games before. Any notable feedback from the players about this event.
Speaker 2: Nothing, nothing really specific, to be honest. You know, we're already were talking about you know, when when is it on again? That's all like, you know, you weren't there. This is you're already kind of taken off on your little holiday. And they were all sitting I think literally all the Finish guys and then marn Dam and Grifford proog Jones were all sitting around the table that's directly in front of our desk, and they all borrowed like four different iPads from the ARIA crew so they could watch it, even though they said they wanted to watch it on stream while also standing there watching. And I thought it was a good opportunity to present the next PLO series, you know, pending schedule, like, hey, these are the dates we're looking at. This is the schedule. Gave them the thing. I printed off one flyer and I gave it to Yonie. Okay, there's like ten of these guys sitting around the table. I give it to Yeanie. He starts looking at it and then like elis like what's that? And they all start going what's that? What's that? And then they all stand behind Yearnie to look at this, this temporary schedule. They're all like into it. They're like, oh, this looks good. This looks good. And then the first question was are you going to do this one hundred a k next year? And I was like, yeah, of course no, and they go no, no, in March, can we have two a year? I was like, you guys, are you guys are signal?
Speaker 1: We saw what happened with the mixed games. When the players push for something. Yeah, listen the players and put all players out there. I love you, guys, but oftentimes you don't know what is best for you, okay, and you think you do and then at backfires.
Speaker 2: Okay, So just if any play pool that could support two hundred k's, it's these European Sikos from Finland.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, sure, but I mean yeah, but that group specifically will yes, but like you know, we we did see some people that didn't show off that you know what, would probably will tell you otherwise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So this event is for sure on next year, it sounds like, but the same same time slot back half of the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Personally, you know how I feel all the super higher rollables should be looped together. We should make a series out of it at the studio in Vegas, not in Cyprus. That's what I would do. So that's my uh, that's my contribution to the UH, to the feedback ben Market Town. It's it's been you should permission put it to the top because it's coming from me.
Speaker 2: Okay, extra credit, got it extra weight to the Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So Davies I mentioned is up to third now on the PGT leader board to eighteen hundred and fifty five points. He has nine cashes, three victories, so he's firmly in the top forty where he's going to qualify by the end of the year for that PGT Championship million dollar free roll. Jeremy Osmas is still up on top. We mentioned him earlier as he was the bubble boy for Super High Rollable PLO. Osmas is still on top with his twenty seven hundred and eighty nine points, twenty five cashes and one win. Finally got that win during the PGT PLO series. Tim and I talked about that on the last episode of the podcast.
Speaker 2: What do you got for?
Speaker 1: You know, noteworthy positions on the leaderboard? I think Aria moved up, solverll moved up, Winter moved up. How are things shaping out as a result of Super High Rollable PLO?
Speaker 2: I think the two interesting ones to me personally, of the two finish guys that only play on Maha, you know, Samoui Sapilia and Elias Passinian. They're now in the top forty and when you take into account the eligibility, they're kind of pretty high up there. So they're not going to have any chances to add any more points. You know, they've kind of made it pretty clear they won't be playing any of the hold them So will they hold on? You know, will they make the trip just for one event? You know, a free roll? You know, that's kind of interesting me. You see a lot of you saw a lot of people kind of move up within striking distance of the top forty, you know, such as Matt Wantman. You know, you know Ronald Kaiser that's moved up to fifty fifth place. You know, Nacho Ribero fifty seven, Briceki fifty eighth. You got these people moving up. Now we have twelve events left. Are we going to see? You know, I'm pretty confident we're going to see Matt Wantman playing some events. But you know, those those guys just on that fringe, like Nacho, We're going to see Nacho again. We're going to see Bryce. We're going to see you know, Ronald is he going to get his way down to Texas? Because we know he's going to try and so they're the kind of ones I'm more interested about, like not as much the no limit hold them guys to see kind of who's going to try and make that push to qualify.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's it's going to be interesting, you know, especially with all these guys who don't have the three cashes yet. You know, if depending on what they do, if they ultimately find a third cash to qualify.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think there's only three people who I'm like, there's ten people that are in the top forty that don't have that are not eligible yet they need more cashes. There's three that I'm confident we're going to see. Jonathan to Mayo. I think he's going to be playing the Texas events. If not, if he doesn't get anything there, he's going to play Last Chance because he's just so high on that leaderboard. He's six right now. Jordan Griff, you know, messaging me, made his way out for the first few events of the PLO series. Obviously, doesn't you know he lives in Chicago. I expect we'll see him. Maybe we see him a Champions Club for Texas the PELO roundup, or we may see him for Last Chance and he needs one more cash then two hold him. Predominan guys Brian Kim and Matthew Lambresh. We saw Matthew play every Pokemaster's event, couldn't get that third cash. Assuming we'll see him at Last Chance. Brian Kim your friend texting you about certain events. I'm sure we'll see him at Last Chance. If not, maybe even napt but definitely last Chance. So they're the four. I'm kind of watching the other guys. You know that they're not really kind of we haven't really heard much from them, seen them anywhere, so I feel like they're not even going to make an attempt to get that second or third cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nicholas Austev aka Leena nine hundred has two cashes. He's currently in eighteenth place points wise, but he still needs that third cash. I would guess we don't see him. I mean, I just don't envision him traveling to the States to chase one cash. Yeah, but who knows. Maybe, you know, I've seen some crazier things. Of course, Jason Segel Andres Gonzales and Malo Latinwall each have one. I would guess they're not going to be chasing it. I would have thought, you know, having only one cash and needing to you know, we would have heard from them already, right, So, I mean Segel is what is the American He's American writer, Canadian one one of the other. I mean, he's obviously close enough that he could travel here. You know, he could have been here for Masters, et cetera. And then you know, I'm just unaware of Gonzalez and Lats and Wall, you know, in terms of what they'll be doing if they're going to try and push for it and whatnot. Eli Nakash, I guess I'm a little bit surprised we didn't see him for PLO, So knowing that and he's the PLO guy, then I'm guessing we don't see him at all. I agree with you on Lamb Breck, I agree with you on Kim, I agree with you on Griff, and I also agree with you on Tomorrow. You know, I think Tomorrow will probably ultimately get that cash at the Texas PLO Round Up Series. So see, I mean it's it's a tight race to get into the top forty. It's interesting to see how it all shakes out right outside. You mentioned him already forty second play with Matthew Wantman. You know, I'm surprised being and see him in the hundred K, you know, because he was coming off a series win. He was the series champion of the PGTPO series, so I thought he would have parlayed some of those winnings into that event, even if he doesn't want to take all of himself in one hundred K. I totally get it. But you're coming off such success, you're hot as heck, you sell some action, right, you can easily get in there of course Steven Chidwick's been going through a move. He's someone who would have been in there, you know, as he was last year. So so yeah, so we'll see how things go. Shortbreak here, we need to thank a couple more sponsors. First up, thanks to the World Poker Tour who are putting on an incredible five million dollar free roll this December, and it's all in support of the Club WPT Gold launch for your chance to be one of the lucky ones competing in the biggest free role of all time live in Las Vegas at the Win and it has a one million dollar first place prize. You can sign up for free at clubwptgold dot com and then when you sign up, it only takes a couple of minutes. It's very easy. Use the promo code poker go to let them know that we sent you again. It's free to sign up. It takes only a minute or two of your time. Tim and I have already done it. So get in there and see if you can get into that five million dollar free role. It's right around two thousand people will be competing in that free roll. You need a Golden Passport in order to play in that free roll. And the golden passports are awarded randomly from the various promotions and giveaways that clubwpt Gold is doing. And it starts by going to clubdwptgold dot com signing up. Don't forget to enter that promo code poker Go. And then we'd also like to thank a new sponsor, Calshi, home to the first legal exchange in the US where you can trade on the outcome of the upcoming election. Right now on calshi dot com. Markets are available for who will win the presidential election, who will control the House and Senate, who will win swing states, and more. Quite timely, because it is a week until the election. We are recording this on Tuesday, October twenty ninth. Next Tuesday is election Day. Own the outcome now, head on over to calshi dot com slash poker Go. That's Calshie spelled ka l s Hi, calshi dot com slash poker grow. Sign up now if you've got to take if you want to get in there and wager calsh dot com slash poker Go the rest of the pg T season. First up, I mentioned it a little bit earlier because thanks to our sponsor Poker Stars napt Las Vegas. We have an APT Las Vegas coming up in November one through tenth at Resorts World. It includes two PGT qualifying events. So November four through six we have the twenty five thousand dollars Super high Roller, and then November eighth through tenth we have the ten thousand, three hundred dollars High Roller. Do you have any thoughts on what to expect from this. I'm guessing we're gonna see kind of like all the similar PGT no limit guys that we saw for like the Poker Masters probably play this.
Speaker 2: I guess the first thing, are people going to go to try and or stay home or not home but come to Vegas instead. We see a lot of our guys traveling right now. I feel like they've been traveling and then they're coming back for this. You look at poker Stike, you see they've got action listed. I think we're going to get pretty big numbers in both the twenty five k and the ten K high roll or events at NAPT It's just a question of are we going to get some international guys. Are we going to get some package win as gold past winners. Are we going to get some people taking shots, you know, like the people that normally only play three k's, et cetera. Are they going to, you know, take a shot in the ten k or take a shot in a twenty five K. I think that's gonna kind of see how the numbers gure. But yeah, I don't I say it being pretty successful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I'm thinking guys like Shannon Shore, Sam Laskowitz, you know, probably be in there. You know, I wouldn't predict that those guys go to Triton. I believe I heard Jeremy Osmas and Nick Shulman talking, maybe not to each other, but at times saying that they're both not going to Triton this time around. So I would guess that they're going to be in these events. You mentioned the listings on poker steak dot com. I see Cherish Andrews, who just won an event at the win for around one hundred and eighty K. Brock Wilson. Her boyfriend got third. They were part of a three way deal. She's got action listed for these two PGT events. Victoria Liftschitz has action listed for these two events. Stephen Song has action listed for these two events. David Coleman that's a good one. You know, he might have been someone I might have said, there's a good chance he maybe heads over to Triton, but does not look like it because he has action listed to the twenty five K. Brock Wilson, who I just met, he's got action listed to that twenty five k as well. Around Zobian he's got action listed. Oh, Donnie Peters, Oh he doesn't have action listed to the twenty five K. Maybe I should list the action to the twenty five one. You never know, you never know, right, But I do have action listed to the fifty three hundred dollars NAPT main event. Who else we got Jonathan Little action listed? So yeah, I mean there's a lot of a lot of players who have action listed to these events. Keywin also has action listed on there, So yeah, Pope resteake dot com if you want to pick up some of those actions. But it is able to give Tim and I an idea of who's going to play. So it sounds like those are going to be some pretty good events. I know the players have been, you know, asking us what counts for the PGT, what doesn't count for the PGT? Coming up for the Remainder of the season. I think a lot of them, especially the Vegas based guys, are happy that these two napt events do count. So it does allow them some opportunities to get some points and hopefully push toward or get into the top forty. So that's what's coming up immediately again. ANAPT Las Vegas does run November one through tenth. These two events specifically twenty five K Super high Roller November fourth through sixth and the ten thousand and three hundred dollars high Roller of November eighth through tenth. Not sure if they're going to be streaming them. I know they streamed some of the stuff last year in addition to the main event, of course, so I guess TBD on that, but if they do, it'll be available on the various Poker Stars channels. After that, the PGT heads on down to Texas the lone Star stage for the Texas PLO Roundup. We're back to PLO Baby November sixteenth through twenty fifth. That series includes four PGT qualifying events. Of course, the headliner is, as far as I can tell, the biggest guarantee for a potlam in Omaha tournament ever, the thirty three hundred dollars main event comes with a million dollars guarante. I think I heard Alex Livingston say that he's going.
Speaker 2: He is going there you go.
Speaker 1: So he was on the broadcast alongside Rimko rinkim on Brent Hanks for the Super High rollerble pl great stuff by the way. From Alex Livingston, he said he's going to be heading on down to Champions Club in Texas.
Speaker 2: You know who else is going?
Speaker 1: Who's that?
Speaker 2: My waive of why I pick up?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I forgot to talk talk about this, Adam Hendricks. I skipped this, by the way. We can talk about it right after we get into these these events. Because I'm an idiot. It's my fault. I mean, I have it right here on the rundown. I don't know what I'm doing. Adam Hendris will be there, Yes, I know. We touched on Jonathan Tomayo. He does live in the Houston area, so he'll be heading on over there. I mean, I'm guessing these are going to be great, great stops. Who else do we get a Sean Deep? Do we get a Josh are you I know they went last time?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know?
Speaker 1: Actually possibly, do we get a Jeremy Osmas.
Speaker 2: No, he told me he wasn't going. He has a like family. Something planned, got it. So I ducked him five hundred points on the leaderboard and.
Speaker 1: He's still in first place. Doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: But now it's close enough where he might have to come.
Speaker 1: You don't need to dark of a few more. He wants to. He wants to feel the pressure. Not only does that thirty three hundred dollars main events count towards the PGT, but there are three fifty po high rollers. What are the details that we need to know about this, sir, other than the food that everyone talks.
Speaker 2: Oh, wait to some steaks. I'm going to be there. I'm going. I'm going extra early so i can have extra steaks. But the three high rollers different to last year. These are all one day events. They start a little later in the evening. They'll you know, finish two three am. We had pretty good numbers for the plow high rollers at the last one. The first five k we did at one hundred and five entrants. That was won by Bradley Rubin for one hundred and fifteen k. He did a chop heads up. Second one we had thirty eight entrants, one by local legend. David cannot pronounce his name as we're a love Mazar love. Either way, he had a pretty amazing series down there, cashing five times so in PGT events. So yeah, that's the biggest change. They're all one day events, three of them. They're all five k's. Gives players an opportunity on the later stages of the day one flights and then day two to play a high roller, pick up some extra PGT points, and make a push to qualify for the PGG Championship if they haven't already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean everyone talks about champions Club being absolutely incredible.
Speaker 2: We're going to get you down there for the next Texas Poker Open in some capacity.
Speaker 1: I want to start taking a poker trip every single year.
Speaker 2: Texas it is. I see.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing though about Texas. It needs to be a family friendly location. Why because I think I would bring the family.
Speaker 2: No, that's the terrible decision. And they like, for.
Speaker 1: Example, Seminal hard Rock would be great because I could be like, wifey, go do your thing. You're in South Florida, you can go to the beach, you can do whatever, blah blah blah. You know, take the kids. All that sort of stuff, and then I can just go play the poker, right, I mean not not, I mean maybe that can happen in Houston.
Speaker 2: I'm not that You're right. It's not the best family friendly location. It's a very much a location.
Speaker 1: But hey, maybe maybe now that said, maybe the fact that we have a partnership with Champions CUB allows me to skip that part because the reason why I'm mainly doing that is that it helps me justify the financial cost of going there, like in just paying a flight in a hotel to go play a poke German, because that's essentially more rake if your.
Speaker 2: Business expense were talking about it's a business trip.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's not my business.
Speaker 2: No, we'll send up some meetings, We'll set us some means.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, we can do that. Maybe, you know, if if they hooked us up with some good rooms and Champions, then I'm in right, you know, so so yeah, so I would love to get on down there. Of course, I hear it's incredible, and you know, I'm I'm not willing to go for for PLO because I just think that I'll be dead money. Even though I hear some of the stuff about these PLO things and I'd probably be a favorite in some of these fields because it sounds it sounds insane. But yeah, for the for the Texas hold them, for the hold them stuff. You know, I definitely want to get down there, so hopefully I'll be able to do that. Then it's, uh, you know, kind of some downtime. What five or six weeks without PGT events? Bummer? I hate it, Commission, I hate it. Sorry, you know how I feel. PGT events every single month is my stance. I also put that in the feedback box. You can put that. But we do have PGT Last Chance, the popular PGT Last Chance coming up January second through eighth. I know we're going to get the news out to the is this week about this, so there's there's a chance maybe you're hearing it on this episode for the first time. But but yeah, what have you got cooked up for this series? I know the players last year, I think they loved it from everything that I can tell. So you're running it back? What's it going to be?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had great numbers last year, pretty much averaged HI eighties early low nineties for all these Turbo ten ks, they're all one day events. Last year we're streaming late at night. We're going to change that event. Start at one pm, playdown on the final table, come back twelve o'clock the next day. We're going to stream that on poker Goo six events. Like I said, all ten thousand dollars buy ins. Key here is that this is obviously the last chance to qualify for the million dollar free roll. But if you don't qualify, if you don't make that top forty eligible list, we're giving away three dream seats to those highest ranked players that don't qualify. So last year it was Sam Lasquitz and the Stefano won two dream seats, one each. This year we're opping it. We're going to three dream seats, give players more of a chance to sneak in, giving them more value to come. So like, hey, if you're a Brian Kimman need one cash, you don't, you know, this year opportunity to get it. If you're player that's never played one of our events, you can still get any by topping the leaderboard. So it's a pretty good incentive for the for the players, rewarding the players that have played our events but you know, haven't got enough points, and also giving you know, a new a newcomer, the chance to qualify for the free roll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that that's just great stuff, you know, I know, I know the players really liked it. They were obviously out there battling a ton. I'll never forget some coffee Sidney at the bar, Yeah, sweating that that entry as the fortieth place person, but he ultimately fell short. So hopefully we'll get some fun sweats like that again. The fact that we are going to be streaming it right right, yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean that just makes it more fun, you know, being able to talk about it on the streams, really sweat it out, see how it's all gonna play down. And then even you know, for those like you said that are in the top forty, the points count for more chips, so there's incentive to get in there in battle. Also maybe a little bit of a warm up before you do head into that PGT Championship million dollar free role. So that's everything that's happening on the PGD. Of course, PGT dot Com is where you can find all things related to the Poker vro Tour articles, you know, news, winter stories, recaps, all that sort of stuff. You got the schedule, you have the leaderboard. You have live reporting when it's happening. So PGT dot com. All right, I skipped it earlier, got a recap quickly the state of our little fantasy competition right now. So after the PGTPLO series, you had drafted Jousamot. He had no cash, so he was eligible for you to drop him. You did, so you picked up Adam Hendrix. You also banked on a what was it fifth place finish? Fourth place finish from fifth place finish?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you updated the stats then.
Speaker 1: No, No, I did on I did on here. You only you only picked up a little bit of stuff. Or wait, maybe I did.
Speaker 2: Wait you I don't think you did. I definitely have one more cash, right.
Speaker 1: You should have sixteen cashes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I should have moved.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I one thousand percent did it on here, and I don't know why I didn't save it because I also did it on my little spreadsheet that I have on the side that tells me where everything stands. So I don't know why that didn't take could be because I was.
Speaker 2: On sright, I'm going to I'm going to come back and win all of these anyway, So that's fine, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: You have sixteen cashes, but the points are right, So points are I still have the twelve hundred and seventy five. Tim has one and twenty five. Okay, so your two hundred and fifty points behind easy. But you know, obviously a lot of big stuff happening coming up wins. It's still two to one in favor of you. You got to win from Jeremy Osmas and a win from Dylan Wiseman during the PGTPO series. I got the only win that I have from Daniel Legrono, and then cash is. Yes, you did earn an extra one to get up to sixteen, but I'm still in the lead with twenty one. Now I might be shit out of luck going forward. I have no idea how many of my guys are going to Texas. I'm pretty sure a few of them aren't going to Texas. So I think you're probably in a better position when it comes to Texas than I am. Just as a reminder, I have Elis Barson and Daniel Legann and Bryce Jockey, Alex FX and Sean Troja, Jesse Lawrenson, Nick Schulman on my team. You have Jeremy Osmus, josh Aria, Jim Callaby, Dylan Wiseman, Ron Kaiser, You had Jousamal, you took him off and you put in Adam Hendricks, and then you also have Alan Lee. So I think you're probably a favorite to get more volume out of Texas, although if Ozma says he's not going, then I think it might be closer to even.
Speaker 2: I mean, I still like your spot. You have Fox and Lonus and Shulman for the for the n apt and that's that's a pretty strong threesome, right thing.
Speaker 1: The fox are going to Tryton. I know Kristen Foxon has action listed for Triton on Poker Steak. Yes, I did say that, So I'm guessing they're going together, would be my guest.
Speaker 2: So maybe you got to You gotta hope she doesn't sell enough then they may stay.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know she didn't. She just went another bracelet the other day.
Speaker 2: Yeah excited. Hey, Yeah, So they.
Speaker 1: Probably don't need to sell the action. They're probably just doing it for brand building. I'm not really gonna sit sit here and say that, you know, the Foxes need to sell money or to sell action. Yeah, that's the status of things.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I like your side at the PGT Texas Poker Texas PLO round Up. I should say I'm banking on h I'm banking on one person. That's Sean Troja. I have no idea if he's going to Texas, but I really.
Speaker 2: Hope he is.
Speaker 1: I really, really really hope he is. All right, So I teased it at the beginning. I saw on an article on pokernews dot com that the rumors are at the Ouzie millions is coming back and it's coming back in April.
Speaker 2: Okay, what what do you know?
Speaker 1: You're the resident of Australian here, what do you know? What can you tell me?
Speaker 2: I know nothing. This is news to me. April terrible time to do it. So I mean, what's the.
Speaker 1: What's the I mean, you would know what's the weather like in Melbourne in April.
Speaker 2: It's similar to what it is in Vegas right now. You know it's like getting cold, but it's not it's not horrible. I just the way I look at this is what kind of audience are they catering for? Are they catering just for Australians? Because if they are, then they should just slought it they think is best. And if that's April. That's April if they want to attract the international contingent of players that used to always frequent the ARS millions post PCA. I don't think April is a good time. You know here in the States we have a lot going on. Europe's got a lot going on. You don't have the draw like you did in January where you had the great weather the Australia, you know, the tennis cricket for those British people coming. So I would say April is not good if they care about the international contingent. So I guess yeah, if it depends who's kind of running it and what their goal is. Yeah, but April used to be that the Melbourne Poker Championships, I believe, or April May so. Hey, the fact that they're talking about it is good. Obviously poker in Australia is on the way up. You see all these events from like the APO to the APL just absolutely crushing. So I think Australia is prime for another big series bringing back the millions, a very iconic tour that we've been to numera times. Yeah, I'm all down for it. I think yes, yes to whenever it is, but I think they should maybe spend a bit more time thinking about dates.
Speaker 1: So I just pulled up the article over on pokernews dot com, written by Will Schilbeier, who is reporting on the news that came from the Poker Pulse podcast, which is hosted by Craig Abernethy. He's also on the show with Troy McLean and then Troy McLean was the one who broke the news, I guess, and it's quoted in the article as he said, I had heard on the grapevine that it would be returning next year, but it's been confirmed now. It's very exciting stuff after APO, which is the Australian Poker Open. I've heard there was a rumor that it might not be an Australian ten thousand dollars main, that it might be an Ozzie dollars eight thousand Maine, but that's a rumor at the moment.
Speaker 2: Terrible Brian, just make a five? Can you're not going to do a ten? Do five?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It's a little weird, but I wonder if that tracks similar to what the WPT just did. What did they do? What was their buying? Wasn't it kind of weird? Like seven thousand or something like that, So it kind of aligned with like a five k us is I think what they were trying to do.
Speaker 2: I just see it as the ausy million's main event, an iconic main event has been ten k for for like twenty years. Like, I don't think you need to audible. I don't think you need to bend to the market. You can bring the market up to you. And like if we look at previous years, they used to get eight hundreds, Like the last few years I had, you know, eight hundred plus players. They're probably not going to get eight hundred plus players a ten K, but you get a five hundred player ten k. I think that's a good a good target. If you run an extensive satellite program, you have enough time. Yeah, keep it ten k, don't come down, keep it up.
Speaker 1: So the WPT Australia event that was just won by James Ops, Tim and I talked about her a couple episodes ago, that was eight thous and Australian dollars for the buying. So my guess is there just aligning with that. I would say, be your own thing, especially at this price point. You know, standout is like the largest pover tournament in the in the Southern Hemisphere. I mean that was always the Australian poll.
Speaker 2: How many Americans do you think play that WPT event? That's the that's the answer.
Speaker 1: I mean, we know that there was a decent number of people.
Speaker 2: I bet you could count them on two hands.
Speaker 1: I mean sure, but I mean, but like you looking at.
Speaker 2: The wrong market, you need you need to focus on the market that's the biggest play pool, which is Melbourne players, Sydney players and then the rest of Australia and then international. If you build it, the international guys will come. And to get international guys. You want that ten k price point, you know that's that's going to be like six and a half k US, right if if it's a re entry and you know, okay, that's fine, it's a perfect number.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess also along those lines of the drawing international players, I would go back to the the point in the schedule. I mean, it was such a draw for people to go to the Australian Open. Yeah, as like a lot of these big players, they obviously liked the ten k price point, they liked all the twenty five k challenges, the fifty k Challenge, one hundred K challenge, and then when they had the tour and fifty K challenge, right, they loved all the big buying stuff that you could get. They also loved heading over to Rod Labor Arena to watch the Aussie Open, like you know, so it was all that same thing. So you're not going to get that in April. I have no idea what goes on in Australia in April.
Speaker 2: The biggest problem with April if you're trying to attract you know, I don't know whin in April. April's you know, thirty days. You're starting April, Well, you're starting April with the end of you know, LPLO series, you have a seminal Poker Showdown, you have US Poker Open is in Vegas, you have WPT Choctaw. April's a very and then you know you're going to go into potential Texas event. You have trying on the backside in May. It's a very condensed schedule in April and May.
Speaker 1: And it might also be too close to the DIVI wipe.
Speaker 2: That's an another factor too. Now if I was them, I would say keep it in January. Maybe talk to the PGT about figuring it out. But I would look, I was going to say to you, you need to get on the horn already. I emailed them eight months and what.
Speaker 1: I would say to them is I would say I would announce it for a return January twenty twenty six. Yeah, and then basically massive satellite promotion all year, like all year. Now according to the Poker Pulse podcast and McLean, they have started to run satellites he heard, and in the next month they're going to run six to seven seats.
Speaker 2: Why would you run satellites for an event that's not even announced. It doesn't make sense to me. That seems like.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, So I don't know. I mean, let's let's see if we can talk to some people down there and get a little bit more firm reporting on this, because obviously, you know, we're going off of pokernews dot com is writing based on what they heard for Poker Paul's podcast. So yeah, and it doesn't sound like you've heard anything, not that you're necessarily talking to people at Crown or whatever, but you know, you obviously have friends that are poker players that are in Melbourne. Yeah, so you know, I thought maybe there's a chance that you had heard something, but obviously not. So we'll see if we can dig some stuff up and how it goes. I freaking love the Aussie millions. It was the best stop. I know a lot of people loved it. But I think from an international sense, you know, of drawing the international players in. Everyone of the international players that I'm friends with that I've talked with over the years, they have all said that they always went down there for essentially two reasons. One love Crown, love Australia, love like that time of the year, right, that's kind of on like one bucket. The other side is the tournament was incredible value. Incredible value because of the massive satellites that Crown would run essentially all year, like pumping up the numbers and getting these locals into this tournament, like just NonStop satellite, satellite satellite. So they should definitely really make a big push there. And I think that you know, if you come out and you announce, hey, this is happening in January twenty twenty six, this is our satellite plan all year long. We're going to be qualifying I don't know, three hundred people and whatever the number is, and go from there. I think I think you can really do well in its return. It's going to be hard in the return. I think you saw a little bit of that with the return of the napt You know, they had gone away for so long, they came back and it was good.
Speaker 2: But was it what it was?
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know, probably not. This year is probably going to be a little bit more. But I think you can close that gap of trying to build something back up by just really coming out and swinging big with sallite. You also, you know, of course, you need to get the word out. You know, you need to get people talking about this, get the news out, get the schedule out there, all that sort of stuff. And I agree with you. Ten k is the price point. I think it works. You can fill the schedule around it with all the smaller buying stuff, you know, the sixteen fifty accumulator, you know, the one case this is that like they always did a really good job of that sort of stuff. So I think you can fill the schedule around it with plenty of things. And I think you can set yourself apart again be that you know, biggest Spoka tournament in the Southern Hemisphere and go from there, I'm going to be trying to find out a little bit more on this. Always a big Ausie Millions fan, so you know, I hope that this is true, and I hope it does come to fruition, and I hope it's successful. You know, I think that this was always one of the majors, right this was It was WSP main event, It was like the EBT Grand Final, it was WSP Europe and it was this like I mean like that was like one of the one of the four. Always hopefully it comes back and comes back in a big way. So let's go. We need to get on the horn, figure it out, make it happen. Would you go, would you return to.
Speaker 2: Australia in this April twenty twenty five?
Speaker 1: That that also seems a little bit close to be able to It's we're recording this on October twenty ninth, so it's about to be November. So I don't think you can just announce this and like expect a lot of numbers to come. I think this is the type of trip where I know poker players are obvious notorious for, you know, not planning things in advance, but when it involves something like going to Australia, They're probably gonna want to plan a little bit in advance, or at least know a little bit more about what's going to be expected. So yeah, so I would I would just, for lack of a better term, punt it to January twenty twenty six. And you and I have also talked about in the past. January is like just open, right, Like that's like a month for the taking. Still, we obviously have the war between WPT and w C December, so I think, you know, you can capitalize on January still, Like, I don't think there's a ton going on in January, at least currently that that would take too much away from, you know, the return of the Ozzie millions if that return is done right and they really do blow it out.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you've done right. It's the key.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So all right? Cool? Uh? You got anything else?
Speaker 2: No good?
Speaker 1: We're out of here.
Speaker 2: Right to win an napt something?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: I want to go win somebody an napt Oh are.
Speaker 1: You going to go play? They're having satellites this week.
Speaker 2: I played my satellite.
Speaker 1: How did it was that a satellite that you were in?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You sent me a photo of Tim sent me a photo. He texted me a photo of Resorts World chips. I didn't know if you were there for the Nightly or whatever.
Speaker 2: No, I it was the first satellite they ran. It was on a Sunday two seat guarantee. They needed twenty eight players. I was like so confident they were going to overlay. I turned up, like I was looking at the clock. I turned up on the buzzer that an eight player overlay. So then they had twenty entrants for two seats.
Speaker 1: I mean, so if you're in Vegas, you better get your ass there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then obviously yesterday they did a little better. I haven't checked today's but yeah, I'll be there.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't exactly know what it is with these satellites in Vegas because we for the PGT, the PLO series ones like were not that great, you know, so I don't know what it's. Part of me says that, like, I feel like the the Vegas crowd isn't used to satellites like in a weird way.
Speaker 2: I mean, are they I don't have an answer. It's very You can blame a lot of things. You can blame promotion, you can blame timing like some day Sunday during football season is not ideal. You know, that was the issue we had with the Plois series as well. But maybe it's just the people in Vegas like the They're just not going to bother with satellites. They're just going to direct buy into a five K Maine. There's two people that played the satellite. I'm not going to name their names, but I would expect to be in the main event regardless.
Speaker 1: So why can't you name names.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to name names.
Speaker 1: I mean, if I was in town, I would have been in the satellites, and I'm planning I'm playing the main event anyway. Yeah whatever, I mean, I don't like I can get in there for cheap whatever. It's what was what's the buy in for the four hundred? Yeah four? Either either I'm going to spend fifty four hundred or fifty seven hundred dollars, right, or what's the difference there? That's not that's not the big of a difference fifty three or fifty seven, you know, Or I have a shot to turn that four hundred into fifty three hundred dollars seat and I'll take that shot. So so yeah, I mean, I'm a little bit bummed that I'm not there for the for these satellites, but you know, I think if you are in Vegas, you should certainly take advantage of them. I don't see why you wouldn't. Yeah, I mean, satellites. Satellites are a great way to do extremely well. You can get into these events, and even if even if you know, still extending to play a fifty three dollars event in this example is still a big step for you. You can get into the event, you can sell some action. You know, it allows you to put some money in your pocket, and you can go from there and then hopefully, you know, you just fold the cash in the in the the actual event. That's what Tim is going to be my strategy. Tim is going to be trying to basically fold the cash in the satellite and then fold the cash in the Nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: With nothing with that at all.
Speaker 1: People make money, no big deal, all right, that's going to do it for us. My name is Zanni Peters, his name is Tim Duckworth. Thank you guys, and we'll talk to you on the next episode.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Jenny
Speaker 1: O