Speaker 1: This is your zone. Heads, It's time to make some picks in the zones. Premium Picks of the Week presented by Better Starts, not.
Speaker 2: Premium picks presented by Better Edge or social betting marketplace. You can elevate your betting experience. Up Grade to Premium today, access advanced features, deeper insights, and premium benefits designed for successful sports betters. Also an annual discount available. Get two months free when you buy annual. That's Better Edge dot com or on the Better Edge app.
Speaker 3: You know how this works To.
Speaker 2: Put Tyler's mind through the ringer, Twist it to a pretzel. I've got six questions today, Actually, nay, make that seven questions all right? Day a super sized edition of Premium Picks on a Friday.
Speaker 3: Let's get to it.
Speaker 2: We'll start with the question that throughout there on social media. This one is on my Twitter account if you want to lay in a vote for yourself.
Speaker 3: I wonder how many.
Speaker 2: Homers I was gonna get on my timeline today on Twitter at Brandon Cravitz.
Speaker 3: Is how you can follow me?
Speaker 2: Which Eastern Conference team has a better chance of repping the conference next year in the NBA Finals? Is it the Indiana Pacers who are there now headed to a Game seven, or is it the Orlando Magic who just beefed up with Desmond Baine.
Speaker 3: I have results for you, but I would like your vote first.
Speaker 4: This vote should this is how things should play out. Brand I'm not saying that this is how they are going to I'm saying this is how it should play out. It should be about a sixty forty split in Indiana's favor I don't think that's what it is going to be, but that's what it should be.
Speaker 1: And here's why.
Speaker 4: Because the Orlando Magic have not made it out of the first round, and since the Dwight days, it's been a long time the Magic I've been knocking on the door. It's been impressive that they made it to the first n and that's been the goal that they have achieved each of the last two years and now trying to break through that door get on.
Speaker 1: To round two and beyond.
Speaker 4: And the Indiana Pacers have proven each of the last I mean really going back to last year when you made the Eastern Conference Finals, that you can't skip those steps. You can go from first round exit to Eastern Conference Finals in a season. It's not like it has to be a gradual progression, but you need to figure out how you get to that point, and simply adding players doesn't always guarantee that you are going to get to that point. Something needs to click, like it has for Indiana each of the last two seasons, focusing on building one of the highest powered offenses for the regular season and then transitioning it into being one of the most harassing defenses during the postseason. With that said, I've brought I think Jake Chapman brought up a good point the other day. It's tough to make a deep playoff run numerous seasons in a row, and you see it across sports US in the NBA. But you saw the Celtics fizzle out this year. Indiana into the finals, it seemed like they were starting fizzle out before.
Speaker 1: I mean, they.
Speaker 4: Snapped back to fresh legs in front of the home crowd in Game six and forced the Game seven last night. But it's a very difficult thing to do. So not to knock against the Pacers, But how this vote should be is sixty forty.
Speaker 1: Pacers are the more likely team.
Speaker 4: However, BK, I have a strong feeling that is not how the vote is going to go.
Speaker 3: You're correct, that is not how it is going.
Speaker 2: Eighty one percent of the vote on the Orlando Magic, nineteen percent on the Indiana Pacers.
Speaker 3: It is a.
Speaker 2: Little bit too lopsided for my comfort. I happen to agree with the vote, though, and I recognize that it flies in the face of logic because the Pacers knocked on the doorstep a year ago in the Eastern Conference Finals and now they're in the NBA Finals and they've won three games, So why would they have less of a chance than the Orlando I do think that part of that is just simply attrition injury luck. It's hard to bank on those things year after year. Not only have they been fortunate with the injuries that they have not sustained up until this cap strain for Tyrese Haliburton, but they've also gone up against teams that have been hampered by injury.
Speaker 3: It's hard to do that every single year.
Speaker 2: And with all of the minutes logged and all of that, the Eastern Conference is wide open. So I think we are going to see a new team represent the Eastern Conference in the NBA Finals. And I do think some of this is homersm but also just speaking objectively, I think the Magic are one of the teams that are on the shortlist to do that. So even though if lies in the face of logic, I will take the Orlando Magic. I was actually sitting back watching this game last night going, I can't wait to be in the building for player intros for the Magic home game in the NBA Finals next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 4: We think about just the first playoff intros of the current era, going back to Cleveland two seasons ago, where you know, it wasn't so long ago that the Magic were in the playoffs. He only had to go back to twenty nineteen, but it was the first time that this era of Magic basketball is in the playoffs and fans were ready ready for that. You just think about Palo and Franzis those guys return Palo's undertaker music when he came back from injury this year. We've already seen some electric things, but nothing those will be squashed by when the Magic make a trip to the Eastern Conference Finals or the NBA Finals for that matter.
Speaker 2: Question number two, what will Desmond Baines points per game average be next season for the Orlando Magic. Now the average nineteen points per game. Last year, his career high is about twenty four points per game. That was two seasons ago where he only played forty two games.
Speaker 3: Over the course of his career, he's at.
Speaker 2: Eighteen per So you tell me different team, different ask in terms of what he is set to do offensively, I think, so, what do you think points per game for Desmond Bane?
Speaker 3: Open ended question for premium picks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a It's a really fun one and it's a really interesting conversation. Potentially could be an entire segment either through the summer as we get close to the season of what is this offensive spread going to look like for the Orlando Magic, Because one thing I think we can all feel confident in is that Paolo Vancaro averages twenty five plus and probably closer to twenty six points.
Speaker 1: He did in the regular.
Speaker 4: Season, he did it this year in the games that he was available, he did it in the postseason.
Speaker 1: You'd imagine that's going to be where he lives now.
Speaker 4: Franz Bager's twenty four points a night. That's tough to replicate because part of the reason why he was up to that point, in my opinion, was because of the injury to Jalen Suggs and all the injuries throughout the roster that he was able to boost his stats by being the ace for this team for an extended stretch with Palo bank Caro on the on the shelf, so pending injuries, I don't know if you see his number get that high and you throw in another elite scoring option like Desmond Bain, how I think this goes is you have Palo at the twenty five plus I'll say twenty six points, and then you do have Frauds and Desmond Baine from twenty to twenty one. Jalen Sugs a little bit lower than that at seventeen to eighteen.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with that is the scoring split.
Speaker 4: The Magic are gonna have four players averaging above or close to twenty points to night. So for Bain, he's gonna be in line with Franz at twenty to twenty one.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's gonna be that high.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna settle in closer to about eighteen. I'm looking at some comparisons around the league, some teams that have multiple players that those teams rely on to carry the scoring load. Desmond Bain is going to be part of that function game in and game out, so he's going to have he's going to average more than fifteen points per game. The Knicks Jalen Brunson twenty nine per hat twenty one. The next highest was og Andnobi at sixteen. So maybe they're not the best example because they kind of use all five guys. What about the Boston Celtics who also use a little bit of everybody, but very top heavy with Jason Tatum twenty eight points per game, Jalen Brown twenty two.
Speaker 3: That's looking a lot like Palo and Franz by.
Speaker 2: The way, and then Derek White And this is what I'm using as my sample, eighteen point eight points per game for Derek White as their third leading scorer. That to me feels like what it's going to look like. It's really hard to get. In fact, I would have to go through all thirty in the NBA. I don't think there's a team in the league that had three players averaging twenty points per game last year.
Speaker 1: Hmm, i'd have to.
Speaker 2: I want to say the La Calves, did I I tell you I've gone through the Calves, the Knicks, the Celtics. I'm trying to pick some of the top offenses in the league.
Speaker 3: I think none of them had.
Speaker 1: I think the LA.
Speaker 4: Clipper or no, well that was postseason less. Sorry, I gotta filter out. Oh no, I'm clicking on postseasons too.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing.
Speaker 4: The LA Clippers did do it though, I remember that from a pregame show throughout the year, James Harden at twenty three, Norm Pale at twenty two, and Kawhi Leonard at twenty one and a half. Kawhi only played in thirty seven games this season, though, but you also had to beat a Zubac up there flirting with it as well as seventeen.
Speaker 1: So I think it can be done.
Speaker 4: And I think with the questions of how deep this magic team is going to go and how much offensive stability you're going to be able to get from that second group, the offense might be responsible for mixing in with those bench players, and Desmond main can be a primary scorer.
Speaker 1: We haven't seen in this current era.
Speaker 4: Of magic basketball where you are comfortable with Bo Palo and Franz on the bench for extended time. Desmond Baine can change that. Desmond Bane, he can be in a rotation with bench and some other starters where he is the primary Paul handler, he is the primary facilitator, he is the primary score and it's not the worst place to be, so I think it'll be an interesting thing to track that.
Speaker 3: Right there.
Speaker 2: Our premium picks this week, presented by better Edge, your premier social betting marketplace. Download the app and use the promo code beat Brandon when you sign up for twenty dollars.
Speaker 3: Upon your first arrival, we zone out next