Speaker 1: Way back Baby season three, and I said it would have last. Hi, I'm George Athas.
Speaker 2: And I'm Nick and welcome to the Quick Hands Regulating Podcast. This is the part tell us what it is.
Speaker 3: It's the Quick Hans Podcast. The bull does used to be good, but that did not last. That's why I George wished off the pet season now cast and country first year is a corner. We don't walk past Nicks. It have been in shambles since sety six. Dragons haven't done no better.
Speaker 2: Twenty takes a clinch.
Speaker 3: Only team that's see success. This path is getting rich. The Broncos keep on taking lots of Tiny's head and this I call up and I'm asking NAUGHTI for some movies. They said that has to sit there for water. His defeat Friday Night foot.
Speaker 2: In these tip it's just to be complete.
Speaker 3: I'm off the bench when I see Walls you running for the team. I ain't playing the NFL. We really mess with league. Get him tries every day time we kill never seem I'm super crooking with audience. Has I cast him on to the George Nick Tonya after to the stage.
Speaker 2: Please welcome back Quick Hands Rugularly Podcast. This is the pod that tells us like it is Season three, episode fifteen. That's one six, one hundred and six episodes.
Speaker 4: George Godfather, welcome back my Godfather to hey doing Hey guys, that's crazy, it is And it's our first one.
Speaker 2: It's our first one with our Yeah, six six, six or seven weeks without Ardie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got a big job there, trying to get the Roads Nights into the semifinals tea. But I'm sure he'll manage. I'm sure he'll uh, he'll bring some Sydney club form there and get him into the eighth anyway, anyway, how is everyone.
Speaker 2: Good, good, good good? Orangin tomorrow night?
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait.
Speaker 5: And then you haven't opened Instagram for a while, but.
Speaker 2: I haven't been on. I'll check check, I'll jump on tomorrow. I haven't been on for a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think all the commentary around the place, I think that it might go a bit the other way. It's been a long time since we've gone to the final game to zero. So got this god feeling it'll be interesting, got this god feeling.
Speaker 2: But anyway, what's what's the good thing of the weak, George, the good thing of the week, you know what? Tell you? And I was speaking about this off air. The Dolphins.
Speaker 1: The Fins are the good thing and and and you know why they're the good thing because they're playing a style, a different type of style, a care for his style of rugby league. And at the moment anyway, they're getting away from that wrestling old fashioned style.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and and.
Speaker 1: I'm going to dub them in the in the talk of the teams, the teams are pods, So yeah, Dolphins for me, give me the Dolphins, and I'm gonna get I'm gonna shoot straight back to you, Nicola. You told me what's Nicola's been this week.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be real quick because I've got three things now. It's growing legs, all right, So I'm not going to Yeah, I'm not going to. I won't spend too much time on it. I'll be real quick. The first one is Dylan Brown suspended for bumping into the referee really chasing a kick. Get out of the damn way, am. I did the same thing, and they applied common since there crazy, It's like I mean, it's it's an accidental collision. Get on, why does someone have to be suspended for it?
Speaker 1: Spend it?
Speaker 2: The second thing is, and you and I have been talking about this for years tiger see Shane Richardson has sensationally claimed that the NRL refereeing is biased towards the more successful teams, and I think he's one hundred one hundred percent right. How much you see the big guns play the small guns tand and the big guns get all the penalties coming out of there, and it's always one way traffic in that my opinion, I.
Speaker 5: Completely agree, that's that's an it's yeah, totally totally agree.
Speaker 2: There could be they could be agree.
Speaker 1: No, no, I actually don't disagree, but there could be a sort of logical exploit explanation for it, because the better teams, for argument's sake, do things just that a little bit quicker, a little bit better, and once you're looking in the rock, it looks it appears that the lesser team is bad, is bad. Yeah, look I agree somehow, always, always, always they get the right.
Speaker 2: A fair statement to say that the poorer teams have poorer discipline in general, Well that's what they're DoD on the bottom. Okay, if we reference get tip sheets before the game they do. It's going to it's swaying them before they even run out there. It does. And the third thing is again, these are all the NRL the trail. Mitchell and Spencer then who they're both in origin camp and they're refusing to do media. So cut their pain half. Don't give them thirty grand, give them fifteen. Don't start me on on media. Why are the rules changed for them? I don't know. I don't know that the refuse when you're in origin camp, media is part of the gig. It's it's like sticky lips. Ricky Stewart still win is about having to do press conferences. He's been a coach for twenty four years. Nicola.
Speaker 1: Is it them or is it it doesn't matter management? Yeah, that's wrong, it's wrong either way. I just wondering if I don't know, if daily.
Speaker 2: I don't know. For me, it doesn't matter. You know you don't want to do media, don't do it, but cut their paying half. You know.
Speaker 1: My view on access? If they want more money, they've got to give us more access. Simple as that. Simple as That's my bin for the week. Like I said, I tried to keep it swift and you're right on every point, last point especially, we've.
Speaker 5: All right, that was swift.
Speaker 2: That was swift.
Speaker 1: That was swift, the last the last point there. We've we've spoken about it, we've brought it up on on on the show. Bottom line, they want more money, no problem. Give us more access, yeah, give us more access. Every every every top player running on top player, international player, at least one on every team. Usually a playmaker should be miked up, simple as that, simple as.
Speaker 2: That doesn't have to be miked up. But they've got media committments. You see the rest of the team doing it. Yeah, but they decided that I don't want.
Speaker 1: To especially especially Origin, especially Origin, because this this origins, this Origin in particular has been very quiet. There's there's there's no noise coming up from any camps. I mean t there's there's no flu sweeping for the Marines camp this year. There's no mystery, there's no mystery injury, there's nothing.
Speaker 5: Did see something about Woods calling Slater grub and later saying, so I just saw it today, Slater saying something around how you know other people wouldn't be able to like you, referenced Paul who passed a while ago. I just and I don't know if it's just my news that I'm getting because Google's very clever.
Speaker 2: Now let's let's jump in it, because that was my first point for controversy corners. So let's jump Did you did you see that?
Speaker 5: Okay? So no, but okay, So you have Lenuine Latrell that won't do media. But then you have many that's getting completely slammed for being in origin. And I know you guys, we have talked about this last week. I don't have an issue, but why and you know I go on about this stuff. But len you and Latrell, they are absolute grubs from from a few different standpoints. Again, I have not I have not said that Man he did was right, obviously not. I don't agree with anything like he should have put himself in a talkment suspension and all did the wrong thing. He's done his time based on what he was given. But he gets hold to a blazing hot fight.
Speaker 2: What doing.
Speaker 6: I don't know why why we're still talking about it? You get on with it, you know why? In the man thing? And you know, okay, so in the man thing. Look, it's not poor Israel. He's just copied something that other people put on him. But in the in the community, it cuts. It's cut deep. It's something that's cut deep. I'll tell you Nicola, wrongly or rightly.
Speaker 1: When I speak to other people about rugby league, okay, six people are out of ten, will bring up is your man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but those six people, when they're teenage, sometimes I am doing something similar, they'll have a different view on it, won't They possibly? Possibly, but this is not But the reality is that again, it's not just fun. Just get on with it. It didn't kill someone. I don't know what we're still talking about.
Speaker 5: So so Latrell can go and do that, do drugs after a children's charity thing? Did he win at o car can go? Look we talked about last year. That's what he got in trouble for on that whole week. Yeah, so he can go do that and that's perfectly fine, completely celebrated. And then the other thing too. Slater completely slammed for removing d C. Didn't you guys get rid of Tedesco?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, are we talking about him getting questions about removing DC or we're talking about two different topics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so what happened?
Speaker 1: What happened Aaron Woods, yet went on his on his show on two, Triple Lamp said that I think Bill this Slater was the grub.
Speaker 2: But you know why he did that, because because because origin has has descended into it just another boring gain. He's just trying to spark something up between the two. You know, I don't think since Paul Gallard had the two head comments, well we haven't seen anything anymore, you know what I mean? So who's Aaron Woods anyway? I used to call him Sharon Woods when you had a long hair. But I mean, I think he's just doing it to cause a bit of headlines, like like what we've had. I thought Slater was pretty classy in his response, but I just thought, again.
Speaker 5: If he kept him in, he was he was. But if he kept him in, he was going to get backfire. If he removed him.
Speaker 2: Talking about you guys, Yeah, was the captain and after game one he was dropped.
Speaker 5: Look, yes, it's like I feel like that memory is very short.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I didn't criticize into but I didn't I see tomorrow and Tomorrow night, Billy is either going to be a hero or a villain. I mean, I I agree with the media that.
Speaker 1: I don't think d C was the problem because the problem was six guys in the middle.
Speaker 2: We talked about it last week. Obviously he went but couldn't make it.
Speaker 1: But but if if Billy says that he's he's I don't want him and I want didn't that's fine, that's cool. That's cool by me. That's not an issue. That's that's him making some big calls. You know what I mean, Because make no mistake, this is this is the third or the fourth game. If you lose, you'll lose and frustrate. For New South Walest is not crisis because we lost eight in a row. But for you guys, it would be crisis in terms of mentality and your never won.
Speaker 5: More than three in a row.
Speaker 2: There you go. I mean, it's I don't even think it's about Queensland, about Billy, About Billy. The pressure is on Slater, That's what it's not on Queensland. The pressures on Slater now like he got off to a great start as a coach, but but now he's lost I think four in a row. But the pressures on if you lose us tomorrow the two series back to back said he's and he's an upstart coach, great coach. You know, that's what people will tend to forget as well. He's an upstart, so you've got to stick with him and just give him time and see what happens.
Speaker 1: But let's let's see what happens. Let's see what happens tomorrow night, guys. But I think they're behind there behind the April. Last week the news US forwards crushed them and.
Speaker 2: Simple maybe Slater saw something intent we didn't because DC, he's falling off a cliff. That's actually since since that last game.
Speaker 5: What happened in the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Game exactly exactly.
Speaker 5: He wasn't good last week.
Speaker 2: He wasn't good too.
Speaker 5: He wasn't good.
Speaker 2: It was a good Yeah, he did.
Speaker 1: When I saw alone, when I saw the press of Billy a few hours ago and mentioned Paul Green and was it last year the year before, I think that's a bit of a stretch. It was a bit of a stretch. But I got a source spot for for Green. And as you remember, Nicola, we did a thing on on on Paul.
Speaker 2: We did. Yeah. All Billy Slater was saying is that he himself has a job in the media, and he says we're have a responsibility to be a little bit smart about how we speak about people. And I agree with him, by the way, one hundred percent. And he's always been super super pro and everything he's done right, gentlemen, This was just Aaron Woods trying to fire up something because he saw no one else doing it. No one in the New South Wales team's going to say anything because Larry Dady is just not that kind of coach, Billy Slater's not that kind of coach, and Queensland don't have a Gordon Tallas. So there's just there's no there's no there's nothing fueling tomorrow night's game. I don't know. Maybe that's just not that you're right. In the media, it's been dead usually. It's just like the first Game one, we weren't even talking about it for most of the night of the night before we're talking about Galvin. You know what I mean? I mean, what like ship? What's happened? I don't know. I mean I've spent a lot of time on YouTube today watching old origin games that I grew up on. Fuck what's happened? You know? I don't know. Seriously, in terms of the media, you're right they're not.
Speaker 1: The camps are not giving us too much to you.
Speaker 2: To talk about. Take take them, take the shackles off and let them throw a punch. That's what the fans want to see. Maybe maybe maybe maybe tomorrow and night. Nicota. Well, the thing that I don't understand. If you're someone, if you're losing by eighteen points with two minutes to go, why not throw a right hook? I mean, they can only sin be in you. They can't. They can't anything more than that would be would be there's name president for it, because I won't, right, won't.
Speaker 1: They won't give you in an orgy game, they won't give you anything more. I don't think that will anyway. Who knows this this day and age. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's let's talk a little bit more.
Speaker 5: I think there's a lot, there's a lot of them. There's a lot of just back and forth like crap in around the NRL at the moment.
Speaker 2: But even but even like in like the biggest talking point we've had out of Origin one leaning into Origin two, which is ridiculous when you think about it, is queens Land didn't kick off the Spencer Lenu and then Gordon tell Us saying he should play any minutes. We'll show me how prop forward it plays eighty minutes.
Speaker 1: He's a bench playing.
Speaker 2: But but like I mean, if that's the biggest talking point, we're in trouble is.
Speaker 1: Seriously well, you know, well, let's let's hope tomorrow on field things change. Whoever wins and whoever loses in old boy, Let's hope it's like Game three last year, which was something pretty special.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about Moses is out, Mitch look out the torn calf, so he'll be out for six weeks, four to six weeks. So Louis, this is nothing I don't understand, right, why is it? I mean, Jerome Lewis, I mean, it's an obvious selection, Nathan Cleary, Isaiah doing Edwoods, the combinations there, right, But why do you pick a squad of what is it twenty twenty one and then you call an external player to come in. What's the point of like Matt Burton, he has been the eighteenth man in fourteen years. What's the point having a squad a tenure? What's the point having a squad when you don't call on one of your reserves when someone gets injured. Crazy. Instead they're bringing someone externally into the starting lineup. That to me makes no sense at all. The NERL can't do that week to week.
Speaker 1: No crazy, I've gotta understand that. And you said that, Like you said, Matte Burton's been eighteenth man whatever for the last yeah, decade and decade on in half.
Speaker 2: So look like here's a five eight and the five eight got ruled out. There you go, there, you go? Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Look in terms of who they brought in, probably probably the right the right person to bring in for for Mitch. But like I, like you said, they should pick a squad and stick to the squad. That's it. But it's not like that. It's been happening forever, Bottle. I remember back in the late eighties been picking outside the squad as well.
Speaker 2: I remember, what do you think?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I haven't really looked much at the new South Wales squad. Like I saw the change up and I just thought it was really cute that they could all play together again. But I was more focused, and obviously because I missed last week, I was more focused on the Queensland team and the changes in there. I just I'm really interested to see how they'll go in Perth. I'm really interested to see how the game goes like for me, I think just the way that the NRL has been this year, and I think everyone's kind of feeling the same. It's just kind of put a bad taste in my mouth around things like I always feel that things will go to a decider because it's just better right.
Speaker 2: For me here, of course sales and of course it is. Of course it is, yeah, so or.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we haven't had like a whitewash in quite some time.
Speaker 2: Speaking of whitewash. Sorry you're speaking of whitewash. If speaking of wash, if if New South Wales win tomorrow night, do you want me to drive clean my jersey like tomorrow or wait until after game three?
Speaker 5: Wait till after game three? And you know we never announced that, so so guys, Nick and I had this running. Are we announcing it?
Speaker 2: I'll wear the Queensland. I will wear the Queensland jersey on this part. If we lose, I speak to my work with the with the Blonde.
Speaker 1: Anything to let me suggest to you regarding tomorrow and regarding I think most of our wishes of a decider in Sydney. Let me suggest to you that the whistle will be put in the pocket. Let me suggest to you that at most they'll be going back seven meters. If you'll see, it'll be really short. And the minute they shortened, the minute they shorten the d line, all of a sudden, Queensland comes roaring into the picture, roaring into the picture.
Speaker 2: I understand why we can't referee r L the way we referee Origin and Final.
Speaker 1: Let them go wish wish. But unfortunately we've seen in the deck all these decades.
Speaker 5: That legal case.
Speaker 2: Again, is that still going?
Speaker 1: Yeah, will take gays, I reckon before that gets received. You know, it's been going on for ten for what six years now? Anyway, I think Monster being a captain t I think it's an inspiring choice. And wait, do you see money takeover? What do you see him inspire everybody around him and he does it with his actions. I don't believe that the run on team, especially the Fourds, will be this Queensland team. I can't see it. I think kurk Man will be in for Harry, Harry Grant, protecting the protecting him from the first ten to fifteen minutes. Tea, I really I really do. I really do, And I suggest, Actually no, I don't suggest. I think they're going to try to holds down for the first fifteen ish minutes and then they're going to unleash Carrigan and and I for some thrust.
Speaker 2: And I think that's what Billy's thinking. I could be wrong. I didn't know that Ruben Cater was a hooker in his junior when he first came. Yeah, that an option, that field option, Yes, yes, absolutely it is.
Speaker 1: I don't believe, I really, honestly in my gut, I don't believe that Harry he might but will pump twenty tackles into him straight away. I think, bang, yeah right, I mean, I mean, hasvill go, we'll just look at where's Harry and I just he'll just run straight to Harry. So in fifteen twenty minutes you take his juice out of him and he can't do those little scoots he does.
Speaker 2: So that's me.
Speaker 1: See see what you get what you get with Tom Didon is he doesn't need the ball in his hands because he's one of the guys who can play without the balls, without the ball in his hands.
Speaker 2: The reason being is.
Speaker 1: How how how physical he is and where he places himself, so he doesn't really need but see Monster needs the ball in his hands, and some of the some of these other players like Kaylen Ponder, he needs.
Speaker 2: The ball in his hand.
Speaker 1: So he's he's probably the next best halfback and I can't wait to see how he goes because he's the best now for me.
Speaker 2: It's in the middle.
Speaker 1: If Food a waker, if Tino, if what's your thoughts on on Kurt kurtwill t in terms of in the starting starting.
Speaker 5: To Yeah, I think so, I was going to say before so Harry Grant up here. Poor Harry has been getting a little bit of flack of his performance, so there was points of contention around whether he would he's good enough to start. I'm really happy like to have Kate well, like I think even for what he's doing for the Warriors, he's just a force. It's nice to see him in maroon again having come from the Broncos. But on the point of didon like, look, DC is great, it's not. Eagles haven't been awesome, Like they're a bit up and down. His performance hasn't been one hundred responded back to that, but.
Speaker 1: I'm not he hasn't responded either what you do take away is a long kicking game. I mean Tommy, Tommy has got a very good short kicking game, but he hasn't got an outstanding long kicking game. You're going to leave it to Kaitlin, and you're going to probably leave.
Speaker 2: It an interesting stat on Kurk Capewell. He's leading NRL and miss tackles this season. Yeah, yeah he does, he miss Yeah, he won't be missing anything tomorrow too. But number two they missed it. But they run a lot to him too. Yeah, but it's also a lot of like.
Speaker 5: I love it all right, but did is everywhere?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, no, no, no, it's so excited and that and that's what I say.
Speaker 1: He's he doesn't have to have the ball in his hands to be effective.
Speaker 2: Toms the future of this.
Speaker 1: Absolutely no, No, If whatever happens, that's it now is the half back.
Speaker 2: You watch Monster tomorrow night. That's what I meant. You watch him go another leg.
Speaker 1: If the first fifteen minutes to the or nickel, this pack can hold the new South Folds pack, and Monster skirts around the edges and picks up Ponga or even the hammer, and they score one or two tries and and they're twelve nelve with fifteen minutes gone.
Speaker 7: God, God help you hold on, everybody, hold on, make a big hold on. I'll make a big call. And I don't necessarily think it's around what he'll do Monster individually, but I think he'll be so good as a captain. I think that Harry Green could be in trouble at Melbourne Storm. I'm serious. I Reckon is a future Storm captain. I think he's I think I think that guy that's exactly what he needs, that's.
Speaker 1: Exactly what when when when he when he thought it was going to I thought Billy was going to pick Tino. I don't know he's a forward. I just thought he was going to pick Tino. When he picked Monst, I thought. The first thing I said to myself is inspirational. Inspirational, you know what I mean? No one can say no. And it's going to make his performance and him because I don't think he's much of a talker, but let me tell you, everybody will follow him with his actions, and his actions tomorrow are going to be something we've probably never seen.
Speaker 2: A big talker. He I think, Okay, I think so, even if it's interesting to see if he's a talker.
Speaker 1: As well, and and and he's an action man, which I know is an action man when he's in the mood. And he's going to be in the mood tomorrow and so and hopefully Kaitlin is as well. It's going to be something very very feast to see on on on you so folws side, Well, Niko said about Jerome coming in and and Jeran will offer something else. I guess it's a bit of a downgrade in my mind to to Mitch. But what he does off is you know, you know when you buy a new pajamas and you're just about to put him on, and you see your old pajamas on the pillar and you put them on, and they just they just fit and they're really comfortable.
Speaker 2: They're really nice and snugly.
Speaker 1: Well that's what that's what your n gives us, you know, it's nice and snugly. He's gonna he's gonna he's going to fit in wonderful because on one side, he's gonna have Nathan pretty much meet him at twelve years old. On the other side, he's gonna he's gonna have basically meet him when he was nineteen. You know what I mean, and at the back. When he looks at the back, he's gonna have some some crazy man called Dylan Edwards, you know what I mean. So he's gonna feel really, really comfortable. But one thing he does do is unlike Mitch, he drifts, not doesn't go, doesn't run sideways. He drifts. And what he does is he runners run angles. So what what he tries to do is he tries to stretch the line so he can catch say, his inside runners can catch someone either sliding on shoulders. So this he'll keep on, keep on doing it. The good thing is when he gets tag wooed, if that inside runner gets tackled, well, he looks on the.
Speaker 2: Right and he's gonna hit.
Speaker 1: He's gonna hit Nathan's gonna hit Nathan with Edward's coming around. So it's gonna be pretty. It's gonna be very very very Panthers Like I can't wait, honestly, honestly can't wait.
Speaker 2: And you know what can I can?
Speaker 1: I just get a shout out to Max King, a man who, let's say, in terms of talent, probably not as talented as a lot of these players on this roster, but just perseverance injuries, setbacks. The guy, the guy's a monster. He just keeps on keeping on. And last week when he did play for the Dogs, he came back from for Origin one, he was different human beings. So just comes to show you again, just comes to show you. And he's not a youngster. He's not a youngster. It comes to show you if you just persevere, what can happen. Again, the biggest issue for Queensland is pain Huss. The pain Huss run. Then you've got the next tackle after paint hass, which the line is always in shock. But then you've got the pain Hass to run, which is a dummy runner, is a decoy and he and two people come in because they've got to think they might they might pass him the ball and then the line gets stretched and shortened again. So there's a lot of there's a lot of little little battles around the field.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see.
Speaker 1: And that's whoever wins, who wins more of those little battles all around the field, will win the game.
Speaker 2: And I can't wait to I can't wait.
Speaker 1: It's it's intriguing, it's intriguing watching them taking them off and I honestly don't believe that we're going to come to Sydney with to you know what course yourself. Uh, and I don't want that. Channel nine don't.
Speaker 2: Want that, you know.
Speaker 1: I'd like to say this, Yeah, yeah, I actually want to decide. Look down deep.
Speaker 2: I want to. I want to. I want to end it ended tomorrow. But really I want to.
Speaker 1: I want in two weeks, I want to get get in front of my television and say, what's going to happen. Well, we all want to end it, tea. We all want to end it, you know what I mean? But then the then the third one, I'll lose something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I think and and obviously we don't have the greatest track record in in Sydney, but we did win there last year.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Sydney Sydney was Game one. Yeah, and you know.
Speaker 1: Sydney because they because they played. They all play at Homebush. I don't think it's it's a soul state. It's a solar stadium, so it's not too daunting. This look, I don't know. I've never been w a but I think it looks soulless. It's like AFL Stadium Nicola. It's humongous around. It looks a bit soulless. But you know what, Billy.
Speaker 2: But the fans, the Western Australian fans have come aboard. Yeah, because it's it's new for them, it's different for them.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I just hope Billy, which they didn't have the first game tea, I hope he may he makes it number one personal and number two emotional. He's got to make it really emotional for these For these guys, I'm not sure if this Queensland thing works anymore that that will to them because these kids have grown up in a different era.
Speaker 2: But that's the problem, that's the problem.
Speaker 1: But he's got to make it emotional. He's got to make it emotional. On Nicola, the spice.
Speaker 5: And everyone's like how they're saying Queensland is don't get origin. I'm pretty sure we have lugged in more times than we haven't everyone.
Speaker 2: I don't think either side gets it anyone more. Yeah, the spice is gone, the spices.
Speaker 5: The fans get it.
Speaker 2: There's nothing, there's nothing to get. They'll run in handbags at ten paces, grab each other's jerseys and get pulled apart. And you know, you can't even put a bee hit on anymore. They bear the shoulder charge. I mean, what's left Seriously, you know these days, someone gets tackled around the chest if it looks and they got first contact, hit the ball, yeah, but then it bounced up and hit his head. Yeah, but hit the ball. I agree. I said, if he looks dangerous, it's got to be dangerous. I guess, yeah, no, no it doesn't.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I was watching, I think it was it was the Rabbito's game and Gay Gray rolled the ball back and I don't know what happened. He must have clipped old mate, and then he's like lying on the ground. Everyone's checking his neck and up mate, like my kids keeping more injuries coming out of their room.
Speaker 2: The last the last game, the last game I went to. It was Dolphin hearbe me farm Worth. He got caught in the crush of tackle. He didn't move for two minutes. I remember, Yeah, I thought he was dead. It was a crush of tackle, not a high tackle.
Speaker 5: And then he got because he's English and he's from a soccer players, well.
Speaker 2: Then when when when I'll give you the tip before he's getting worse than soccer worse right then when they got the parenty he got up and jogged back in the position.
Speaker 1: They on on the joy gray tackle whatever you want to call it, and that was on Montoya. I liked when he came over and to check on him. Very classy he was.
Speaker 2: He made a really good try saving.
Speaker 1: Joe. Joel was one of the better players.
Speaker 5: Is such a He's so wonderful. It's such a shame because remember we were so excited at the beginning of the year that he was like first for days like them, and then the change around with La Trail coming in and everything else, like such a shame. I know, I know that there's a bit of movement and everything else, but he is an underutilized.
Speaker 2: Player absolutely in my opinion.
Speaker 1: He keeps on getting put on the bench.
Speaker 2: I think most clubs would take him. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look, I'll say it again, there's there's there's there's players, and then there's there's players like like JII with you know, if you were six foot with those attributes, he'll be probably on the bench here origin t so because he's five foot one whatever it is. And told you what, he plays well above his weight and well above his size.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, like I said, I that he learned very.
Speaker 5: Well, very quickly, like last year, he was getting smashed and he learned to use his height very quickly. And and he just you just if you watch just the highlights of him, he just got stronger, faster like he. I love watching him play because he's just a unit.
Speaker 2: Remind me T Dolphins Jr.
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 2: A question.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know he's I know he was born. I know he was born in Liverpool. But he played up at didn't he he moved up to the bar?
Speaker 5: I think he. I feel like he must have moved up and I'm back. No, he he's Runaway Gold Coast.
Speaker 2: He played for Okay.
Speaker 5: And he was signed by the Broncos, but he was pursued by the Reds. But he was at Runaway based girls here. I went to T. S. S on the Gold Coast, which is our private school for boys on the.
Speaker 2: So yeah, very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look one wrap up Origin. I can't I can't wait. I can't wait to see what unfolds and the team who wins those little microd moments at the end of the day, that's who who's going to win the game.
Speaker 2: And I can't wait.
Speaker 5: I can't wait just imagining me in this.
Speaker 2: You read my mind, You read my mind. Yeah, I'm picturing that right now. I would I wouldn't worry about it.
Speaker 1: I think we're going to come to Sydney one all and then then more banter the next next week.
Speaker 2: That's what happened last year. The team in one game one lost the next two. Never say never. Yeah, let's let's move into around fifteen years olds. Sharks bounce back with another winner with the Dragons thirty points to eighteen at Shark Park. They've been a little bit unpredictable of the Dragons. What's the go with Cayle Fanning? And why has he not being dropped? There?
Speaker 1: Good question in Nicola? Good question?
Speaker 2: Is it? Is it?
Speaker 1: What did did you say last week? Nepotism? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Look is he playing?
Speaker 1: Is he playing?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: But you know, and who do you replace him with? I don't know. I don't know who they've got underneath. They've got an eighteen year old kid. Yeah, he's apparently he's cover you know what? With Ilius, I got this funny feeling that he's too good for the Regies. But not first in between in between plays, I think Carl. When I look at Carl play, to me, it looks at a good fourteen off the bench, first change, maybe at hooker, maybe at five A drafted very uninspiring. Yeah, what can I say? He misses the tackles, he takes the wrong option. The issue is this, they get at the start of the games, they get good ball and they go into good ball areas. So it's up to the halves to bank the bank, bank the points. It's not happening, so it's it's all on. It's all not King Ponger.
Speaker 2: He's Aden. The youngster's Adeen.
Speaker 1: And what we've seen glimpses, he looks like he's going to be a good thing, but he's going to learn on the job. There's not much he can do these days. That's the way he's not like back in the eighties they came ready. So Carl, it's all up to Carl, because he's the first grade now for six years or more, so you think you'll be given us giving you more.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The fans are upset, the meters got onto it. They're going out, they're going on the flanet, they're heating. They're heading him up and they're not wrong, they're not wrong. But who he replaced him with. This is the issue is who do you play, do you put just another back roll who can pass the ball.
Speaker 2: There's more pressure now because his sons.
Speaker 1: As well, So, you know what, it must be really hard.
Speaker 2: If you're not. I was going to say, if you're it's okay. But even even your coach at Paramounta, they're Brad after he had issues as well, and that's why he moved him on. That's what they moved on. Shoe. His name was Jake. Jake. Well, yeah, yes, so he hasn't exactly said the wall.
Speaker 1: No he has, he hasn't, but I mean when it all heated up, they moved him and he moved him on, and I'm pretty sure it was Brad probably said, listen, maybe you should you should go and perse be somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Anything to take out of the Sharks perform on this.
Speaker 1: You know what the the.
Speaker 2: They're a funny team. They're a funny team. Issue.
Speaker 1: The issue was this the Sharks in the second half when when the game turned because Dragons are scored early and they looked fine early and all of a sudden back into the second half, Sharks came back. You know what, the Sharks supporters tell me that they're they're back, and they're flying and they're right. I didn't see that. I'd like to see them play this week. They're playing the Broncos, I think, and then they will tell us a story. I'm not fully convinced with the show. I actually didn't enjoy the game. Watching this game, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm not going to say it was a dud game, but I just didn't enjoy watching it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Was it a not quite but it wasn't far away. I just didn't enjoy it. I didn't enjoy it. The Sharks one and there you go for all. Blake was absolutely again sensational. Dragons were ordinary. I didn't enjoy it.
Speaker 2: What can I say when I when I'm not inspired by Rugby League games? I wanted hard to say things about it. Artie's not here, so we'll pick up the three two ones next week? Yeah, next week? You got anything for us on this one? Did you watch it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: I actually didn't watch this one because I was getting interviewed for my book, which is exciting. But I was going for the Dragons because I didn't like the Sharks. But what I got confused about was Trindle got art fine for a high tackle, but when I looked back, only Jesse Remy and was put in the sindin. I don't understand what happened.
Speaker 2: Report. Yeah, inconsistencies just too much, too much. That's why fans get frustrated. That's why fans get frustrated. Yeah. I saw young Son sign with the Bulldogs. George. Yeah, I think he's like sixteen fifteen six something like that, seventeen.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's interesting. I heard rumblings, but I didn't know he signed.
Speaker 2: That's what I read. Yeah, probably, I know. Yeah, Okay, that's good. God hasn't met him yet. But yeah, anyway, I read today that he signed sign there in what I saw.
Speaker 1: I just want to I just want to point out or give flows to Blake Brayley. He he decided to run. I keep on saying, Blake Brayley is a really really good dummy, half better than he shows us this week or last week. He ran, and let me tell you, he absolutely ripped the heart out of St. George and I love to see it. Adam fanour Blake the guy, the guy. Maybe last week and maybe the fish had him, but let me tell you, when he's on, he's on. And he just ran and ran and ran and ripped the heart out of against St.
Speaker 2: George. Good to see Brittain Nicker are back running lines and can he run? Can he runner? Can he run the line? T I don't like Trindle. I don't believe in Trindle.
Speaker 1: I think they have paid him last year for four or five good games. But he had a good game this week with Nickel and the player that or the or the shark shark fans hate for some reason. I don't want to sign him. Will Kennedy had another good game, so I don't know what what they see there and.
Speaker 2: Saint George, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't you know what did you see the the King Tonga attempted chip and chase?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the five eight. His name is King Tonga, King Tonga. King Tonga is otherwise known as ming Ming. Yes. I'm going back to the rest of the day, all right, Okay, man have to do the Islanders anyway, Let's move on.
Speaker 1: He's done a chip and chase, and I think Ronaldo got the boy made school.
Speaker 2: To try, so that was the type of type of the day they had. Got they always try.
Speaker 1: And I think he's injured injured now and the forwards beside Clemor and Couchman. Very underwhelming, Yeah, very underwhelmed. Uh the school school school says it all and looks and Georgia developing Team Sharks. They say they're in the window. I'm not sure about that. I thought they would.
Speaker 2: They're struggling more this year than they have the last three. I reckon what about Friday Night the Gold Coast they finally got off the ground over Manly what's going on with? Mainly so good?
Speaker 5: I had so you know, Kurt and Lance their friends of mine, LINEA works for me and Kurt's team is the Titans, like die Hard, and I had the pleasure of telling him he had the wooden spoon you watch the Bronco shit. But but yeah, they went to the game and we were going to go and like is and well our friends went as well, and it was just too cold and I was like, noah, I'm so tired. But they're like, I don't know, I don't know how it's going to go. Was like Titans are going to win all day like one hundred because they weren't tipped to win. But and you know, people ask like sometimes obviously I'm wrong about things, but when you look at obviously the pressure that Des is under cart Pierre's in and it's just and if you guys watched it at the stadium, wasn't that busy. But sometimes the Titans just pull it out, you know. And I I really enjoyed this game, like really one because I hate it, but yeah, I really I think I'm just still a bit burnt after watching the Men game. But yeah, no, it was such a good game. And it was freezing for us, for Gold Coast, it was freezing like Eagles would have been used to the weather, but it was like six seven degrees. So good, such a good game. But did you guys catch the highlight? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I catch more than the hollows. Nicola Tea's right, It was a fun game to watch. It was a fun game to watch. You know what, Aj Brimson, he's a fullback, full stop. I don't want to hear about I don't want to tell you. I'm blocking my ees, I'm closing my eyes. He's a fullback. If he ever gets to move, you know, if Daisy moves him again, you know why he died. He's the fullbacks, simple as that, Nicole. Sometimes Dais he's trying to teach him something and they're probably good on the training field, but when it comes when it comes to the paddic that't they don't actually do it.
Speaker 2: Guess what they did it?
Speaker 1: What they what they try to do is because they got so much strike power on the edges, they try to go edges quickly.
Speaker 2: So it's a little.
Speaker 1: It's a spin on what what Jason's doing, a spin on what c r is doing? Okay, guess what. It's beautiful to watch Calpierra. How many tries have he scored?
Speaker 5: Tea three?
Speaker 1: He tries and he's a freak? Is he is he insane or what? He's a freak? A Carpier is a freak.
Speaker 5: According to he's been a bit quiet this year, but he just he killed it. Okay.
Speaker 2: According according to the media, some sessions of the media, there's rumblings coming out of Brookvale there that Sea Bowl. The professor is up to his old tricks with the spreadsheets and all that, and the players just aren't they gave they gave the players. I don't know what that is. What's that. It's a document, It's a document, that's what It's what Garvin's manager gave. But apparently apparently Sea Bowls sending the players, all these spreadsheets and stuff, and these guys are like, they're not that way incline. So if he hasn't learned that lesson yet, you know, you know what I feel.
Speaker 1: I feel for the professor because I honestly believe he's a good coach, Nicleta.
Speaker 2: I honestly believe he needs an interpreter. Yeah, in the communication. At some stage you lose him, you lose the track.
Speaker 1: And Okay, but I've got some notes here and the very the very first night.
Speaker 2: I've got is this bad. They went very good. You know what. You've been calling for this over over a yeah, well over a year. Tommy.
Speaker 1: You know, once upon a time he had size, he had power. One good year, he had speed. Okay, now tamp on, Tommy, tamp on Tommy. Now he runs and he can't push through the line. There's nothing injuries he's carrying injuries. He's not he's injury proyne. He's had one good year and he's just been injury riddled ever since. I don't doubt his talent, but he can't on the film. No, No, you're right. I think his time is up. He can't play fullback number one because it's not a position for him. It's it's a it's a it's a position for a young guy who's dynamic. The only guy who can do with over thirty is Teddy Hopper's got to go fullback because he's the dynamic, he's the dangerous player. Tommy's time is up. Look, he's good with his hands. He might never be good with his with his feet again, or with his power again, because you know what, it's really sad when you see him running and they tackle him like a bag of SPUs.
Speaker 2: It's really sad. Two years, three years ago, he was when he got them.
Speaker 1: He every time you touched the ball, he was like he had Spiderweb.
Speaker 2: How many good years do you have before that?
Speaker 1: Probably a half.
Speaker 2: That's my point. I'm hearing you. You're calling it and waiting for him to get better. It's one of those players who has a great season and the media just picks him up and carries him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I was waiting for him to get better with a hamstring shoulders this that well, you know what, I think it's all caught up with him. I believe there's something on DC's mind because guess what, Rugby League's not one of them that's how bad he's going well.
Speaker 2: Is obviously look to be dropped as the Queensland captain is obviously a massive self esteem blow to anyone happened to Teddy last year. He wasn't great after he got dropped either. You know, it's it's not an easy thing to do because it's not backlash from Queensland by the way, I know, I haven't seen anyone, no, no, no, but he'll put pressure on himself because he's a professional. So it's not an easy think probably to deal with. I mean, I haven't been through it, but we've never been at that level. But I don't forget all the bullshit is going through it mainly, that's the thing. What was not playing he's injured, he's injured. Yeah, I don't forget this is this is this week. He's also going through all this crap where he announced he's not going to be there next year and apparently there's a deal with the roosters that hasn't been announced yet, apparently getting second thoughts and this is all going to be on his mind at the moment.
Speaker 1: And plus what's happening mainly with and yeah, anyway that all of Kawata's injury is a big setback. He was the only guy pushing through the line, and he looks like as long as his shoulders his shoulder a little rico. He's gone for Yeah, it looks like he's gone for the season. Was lucky they've still got Luke Brooks. Well, look's not playing the best either at the moment, and I think the Professor's got to do something. He's got to he's got to drop. Somebody's got to rejig that lineup because this is not working. He's not working.
Speaker 2: I always thought Luke Brooks looks like a miniature. That's just me probably, so you know what, Uh, it's.
Speaker 5: A stale team, Like I feel like those names.
Speaker 2: Is there not a reflection of the coaching style though? Spreadsheets and PowerPoint? I mean, you know what I mean, spreadsheets and powerpoints?
Speaker 5: You know what, Nick, I don't mean to ignite you mid mid podcast, but the teams that aren't going well at the moment, the coaches of the teams aren't going well. There's four their manager is all the same. What do you mean, Dragons, Eagles, Cowboys, and the one Moses is their manager. I was thinking about this today.
Speaker 2: The coaches manager you're talking about the coaches. Yeah, but that's I mean, that's that's drawing a long bar. I mean, it's not like he affects the performances as coaches, right, I was I was.
Speaker 5: Talking about a few and yes, recruiters, but for other people this week, and I was talking about it, and I was like, I don't think the guys think that there's any conflict with player manager coach, like being a manager of coaches and players in the same team. And you know, obviously we're very mesh inn NRL. But I like to challenge my thought process. But I just wonder if I don't know, I just think it's a little bit interesting and what happens.
Speaker 2: In a Sorry, Yeah, I get it, and you and I have this right, but I just feel I see both sides of it, right, Because yeah, you can say there's a conflict of interest if you're managing a coach and a player at the same club whatever. But I think if you take that away, you're stepping into the restraint of trade territory where a person's market becomes a lot smaller. Because I can either manage a coach or players. I can't have both. So at what point you know what I mean, then, like there's only so many coaches and players these people can represent and and they're all trying to get a piece of the same pie. So I don't know, I don't know if you can fix that. And I think and I don't think it's an issue with the good clubs that are run well either. To be honest, I'm not sure. It's a bit over my head the.
Speaker 1: Managing players and and and coaches. But the question you you raise, Tea, is there a conflict a conflict of interest with players?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe there should be a cap that you can only have maximum three at any one club with a combination of either or whether it's first grade coach or players. Right, I don't know. I don't know, because then because it does get to appointment, it does get to a point where if you have five or six and you've got a stronghold over the club, you've got leverage. Moses got five or six. Yeah, sorry what you're saying.
Speaker 5: No, I just so because it's very much it's very similar to recruitment, right, And in recruitment there are dodgy recruiters that go, you know what, Nick, I'm going to put you forward for this role. Tell them you're on twenty k more. Tell them you've got I'm just going to change your resume. Tell them you've got all this experience. But hey, when I want to recruit some teams, like team members for your team years like look after me, all right, And then it like there's if we And obviously I think from a recruitment perspective, and I go, are they being prematurely celebrated or pushed? And then now they've got these contracts and then I just and obviously I think about it from a different perspective, which is why this is so great. And I'm not saying that, you know, all the four coaches of those teams like Payden and Seabolt and stuff, are all because of Moses. I just I find it very interesting, and I think it is a big conflict. Yeah, and I don't disagree Nick that they wouldn't have much of a pond to fish from either. But yeah, I agree with the cap. But and you know, I didn't mean to jump in there, but I thought it was.
Speaker 1: And I you're right, it's pretty It's pretty easy for me as Moses to go to Sea Bowl and say, you know, problem, you can have monster but I've got these two youngsters as well, and they want three hundred a thousand, and I'm going to give. If you want Monster, You've you've got to take these too. You know, I'm positive that's happened. I can guarantee you it's happened. Not every club, but not And I just put I'll just put Poor Sea Bowl just because first he's on my mind. But I'm pretty sure that conversation has had somewhere. Yeah, but you know what, we don't know, we don't know.
Speaker 5: Just yeah, I just I feel like there's and again, like as you guys, and I've worked, you know, obviously at that community level and had been privy to how certain things work in different clubs, but I just it annoys me how poorly some of it is managed. And you know, everyone, like even when I talk to my mates, like you know, even you Nick, that's just the way it is. Everyone who knows me well enough. I don't agree with how things are, so actively try and.
Speaker 2: Change them, challenge the status quote.
Speaker 1: So yeah, look, just at the end of the day, mainly's got some soul searching to do, and apparently there's another coach hovering around, so we'll watch Michael, So we'll watch he's not even a full time assistant. Well, we'll watch what happens there. And the Titans are the team of one of the teams of the Pod, and I'm going to call them the fun team when they're in that mood. And how about were we go to the next game, Nicola and moving on to Saturday Nights. So the Knights Roosters close game Roosters up in Newcastle got away with at twelve eight. There was some controversy in this one, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Look, I didn't think it was the highest of quality games Nicola.
Speaker 2: The first first half.
Speaker 1: I think the Roosters were basically sleepwalking. Knights had all the pill and they had all all the field advantage, but just couldn't just could not put away the Rusters just couldn't put them away. But they did score eight points. You know what if I told you the Knights had more possession, ran more meters, had more post contact meters, made more line breaks, uh, kicked longer and play played the ball quicker, It's a no brainder two. Yeah they're one, haven't they?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I I feel bad for the Nights because what they didn't Roses didn't scored till like the sixty first minute or something. Because I watched this game and then like the last try, the seventy first when I had done nothing.
Speaker 1: Was that it was a controversial tri team.
Speaker 2: What do you think the one that the grounded with the forum Yeah, and the six Yeah. Something I've always understood. I've always understood downward pressure with any part of the body. Is that right? Okay?
Speaker 1: So technically by law it's a try. Yeah, the tribes to the eye, slow moor t If.
Speaker 2: You ground the ball with your grown it's still a trying. Well, it's got to be got to be for hand, okay, Yeah, but well then it's a try to try. Yeah, try, but in the.
Speaker 1: But but not just saying there's more than two arms. But what of an orangin two in the girl in the Girls or sorry three? Isabelle Kelly, Isabelle Isabelle Kelly dived over and didn't put the ball on the ground, okay, and it was it was ruled no try. So I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Because I know there is no It's gonna sound ridiculous, but I'm being honest, because I thought it was any part of the body.
Speaker 1: No, Okay, it used to be back in the day, used to be and he haven't changed it for arm.
Speaker 2: Because some parts of the body extend out sometimes, so maybe there's an unfair advantage of a double movement.
Speaker 5: No, what I was saying was so he didn't do anything for like seventy minutes. Then Tosco it was the second try that Resa did the minute that he just creates that assist. Everyone's like, oh King, I'm like, he has not done anything for seventy minutes.
Speaker 1: He ran two hundred and fifty three, but he did it when it mattered to He ran two hundred and fifty three meters tea. He was the only one showing life in the team that was basically sleepwalking.
Speaker 2: He created, He.
Speaker 1: Created the try and he was he was leading a bunch of kids because there's a lot of injuries.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: I know you'd dislike him, and I get it, but I disliked I can dislike isral Man, Okay, But I could say to you that he's an outstanding rugby league player.
Speaker 2: He's an outstanding rugby league player. Teddy this year has had his best year he's ever had.
Speaker 5: To be fair. But to be fair, if Tedesco had done more stuff in the seventeen minutes, you know what I mean. But I feel like he didn't do that much to warrant that massive celebration event. Like I can say that he's a good player, you know, he's he's decent, but I just I feel like they held them off for like sixty minutes. Ever done that.
Speaker 2: I think that's part of it too. I think, yeah, good teams win ugly, and I guess he stood up when when somebody needed to. But I mean, personally, I would have had him in the Blues team ahead of I think. I'm not talking about this game. I'm talking about leading up to this game.
Speaker 1: I think he's at his best year's at for a while. But Newcastle had basically all the running, all the ball, you know, playing the ball quicker. I looked at the States because I was interested because when I saw the game it looked that way. It looked like, if if we took the tries away, you'd say, well, how much did the Newcast win by? Because they had the better they played in this game? Better in a very low standard game, let's make very clear, and a very low standard game. But you know what, you're twelve eight very close score and it could have went anyway. But second half the roosters, Ruster has had the game, and some of these kids I just just keep on developing. And how good is it to see Billy Smith after all those injuries starting to get back to some sort of consistency. Probably didn't have his greatest game, but those little glimpses of that that tackle for that tackle to save the train and that another big hits. So look again got not a higher standard game.
Speaker 5: I think it was more I wanted the Knights to win. I didn't want the Recess to lose. I just wanted the Knights to have a bit of a win because they won last week at the home ground and then they you know, I just when I was watching and I was like, gosh, they could probably do all write in this game and it would have been such a boost for them.
Speaker 1: Frustrating, frustrating, so frustrating, such a frustrating team. Guy unfortunately probably missed a few tackles he shouldn't have missed and he's usually a good tackler. Fletcher sharp out was a big, big out. So you know, I suggested you Fletcher Sharpe was in Newcastle would have won that's how that's how valuable I find him. Even jacko Evan Jackson, he played okay, Haysin's played okay. He wasn't bad, he played okay, you know what I mean. But even I liked I liked the Dylan Lucas as well, on the on the Edge and Phoenix. But at the end of the day, I'll say it again, they had all the ball, they had all the territory, they had all the meters, they had all the kicking meters, but they couldn't put them away. So, you know, a very low standard game. And Teddy even agrees to go sometimes you have to win dirty, and that's what they did.
Speaker 2: They did. That's what they did, as simple as that. But let's talk about the next game was much more exciting. The Cowboys. I tipped the Cowboys in this one. Dolphins fifty eight or four ten? Tell us what's happening at Redcliffe walk to us too?
Speaker 5: I am well. I tipped the Dolphins because it's just, oh, you know, I love them. I love them. They just have that that unity, right like that the Doggies have, that, the Warriors have, that Raiders have. I'm a broken record with this stuff. One I'm so proud of them, like you know, Bennett left them, and then you know the Christian Wolf stings so well. And look, I love the Cowboys and I felt I was hoping. I didn't think it would be such a blowout, but they're just on at the moment. And did you guys watch when bus Stock scored his fourth and he was just counting?
Speaker 2: So did you guys see the story on that? I forgot to tell you. Damn wim we spoke? Was it you the show? No? Someone someone showed me. Someone had as he showed me, someone had a huge bet on who was it that held the ball up for Boss talking? Okay, so.
Speaker 1: I passed the ball over the line to Herbie something about dinner or something.
Speaker 2: Some guy lost a huge bet because of that. Oh yeah, I'll get the details the next week because it was hilarious, right, Some some guy had I can't remember what the bet was. I can't remember what the bet was, but some guy.
Speaker 5: So many people because because Herby's had a straight run of doing tries, so but heaps of people had bets on Melford because everyone was like messaging me and I'm like baite, Like one guy had bet Herby is guaranteed.
Speaker 2: One guy had a huge bet on I don't know if it was any time try score or something, and that cost him. That that particular try cost him. I'll get the deats for next week. See how about officially we make the Dolphins the team of the pod? How is that?
Speaker 1: We make the Dolphins? That looks it looks like your enthusiastics happened. We make him the team of the pod. How's that so? Officially, Nicoleta, We've got a team of the pod in the in the n r L. And it was such a fun game, and and and how can I flog him be such a fun game?
Speaker 2: It was not for the Cowboys, not for the cowboys, not for the cowboys. And and you know what.
Speaker 1: They've They've got they've got their aim, unique pattern, their unique style of playing rugby league. And I put this all to Christian to Wood, to Wolf Christian Wood. He plays to his strengths and is developed. And he must be a good coach because he's developed and he's gone right away from what supercach was doing, has developed a system to suit his players. And gee, do they eat it? Eat it up? That will make the eight.
Speaker 2: They've been an attacking behinmouth. Yeah, they will make they will make the eight. And let me tell you, we all we all, we all talk about but they haven't made that yet. Have no funny time Bennett leaves and they make.
Speaker 1: Look, you know when he's a younger coach, he is so so Wayne Bennett is very strict.
Speaker 2: He plays one way. Forget he built this.
Speaker 1: Absolutely and he recruited really will, but he plays one way. We don't know too much about Christian Christian besides. I mean, we know what he's done overseas and and and and the international teams, but as as a club coach, we don't know too much of an Australia. But you know what I'm learning, I'm learning a lot about him. They've got them unique style. When you watch the Dolphins, they play like no other team. And he he makes the game plan for his players. Now, he's lucky enough to have a young man called Katola, and Katola can do things that other half based can't. He's he can hold up a defense with his feet, with his hands, with his body shape, he goes very square. I talked about it later, how how he can shorten the line just with his movements. He's so he's so good. Uh boss hog four tries Like I said.
Speaker 2: Who's this Kurt? Who's his Kurt Dona who I've never heard of him before? He's an animal? Who? But who? Here we go right here? If I said, if I said it right? Whatever, I'm thinking of his completely sorry?
Speaker 5: What was his name? What was the game?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 5: He knows got completely?
Speaker 2: I guess the Doggies.
Speaker 5: He just kept playing I.
Speaker 1: Think against the Doggies, against the Doggies. Yeah, how good is he? I can't believe it. And even even even his other backgrole Keeley where they find him from from from Redcliffe Pub. I love him, I love him. He wasn't he wasn't even the picture in the picture last year. The shame about CAFUSI getting getting one one week And even Mark Nichols, thirty three year old front rower, where's he found the energy?
Speaker 2: He's a changed human being.
Speaker 1: And Herbie Herbie is the best center in the camp, the best attacking center in the.
Speaker 2: Camp, even.
Speaker 5: Like Raised Stone. The thing is, you know, like and he's also my boy's favorite player after Stags. But Soco here's just all class, that player, all class.
Speaker 1: Well, he's getting bored, he's getting born, you're talking about your your man a psycha. Well, early in the year, he wasn't getting any ball to score tries. All of a sudden now because they're they're playing that top of expansive game and catoles the tooles are short in the line.
Speaker 2: He's getting lots of ball and.
Speaker 1: Both of them Boss the boss Hog, as Nicola says, Boss Hog, and uh and Isaiah uh sorry, getting heaps of Sorry.
Speaker 2: What is his name? Rush called Beagle and you probably his name we're talking about We say Boss Holiday. You know, you know we're talking about Boss Hog. No, Jake Bosstorp, No, No, I'm asking if she actually knows who Boss Hoggish? Yeah, do you know Boss Hoggies?
Speaker 5: No, I thought you're making a joke because he was hugging the ball.
Speaker 2: His name sounds like boss.
Speaker 1: I'll send you a text now, Jake Boston, we call him boss Hog anyway.
Speaker 5: I also, but let's not forget buss Stock because again, like I can get all stared, but Busso had lots of problems with dropping the ball at the beginning of the year, so I don't know how they managed to do four tries like he's he's obviously doing very well, but I'm very mindful to give a lot of credit for the really consistent players, you know, Causi, katar Saco like just a really you know, Milford like just yeah, because I don't maybe I'm just being a mum, but I'm like.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, it's a group effort.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So what what you're saying is those players who you said are consistent, and you mentioned mostly forwards, they're they're the people who who put h it's like even Kata into a position for him to do what he does. So if these if these forwards don't put the team at a certain spot, then that's when the backs take over. So you're right, you're not being a mom. That's the key. And and that's what let's say we talked at the part about Queensland. Well that's what they didn't do. They didn't put the team into a spot so then they can attack. So yeah, that's right. So we see all the glossy or all the glossy players, your your your Herbies and your Kataras and uh your Zarkas and and they all the flashy players, but the forwards or do their job jobs to do what they do, and they do very well, let's go back to let's go back to the Cowboys, and you know what, can I be honest, they're terrible last week. Last week, that was terrible. I've got I haven't got too much to say about them. They need to shake up, then, I think the coach needs to shake up. They needed to shake up, you know, you know what with their roster, they should play exactly like the Dolphins play. They should play because they've got similar rosters when you look at their players similar.
Speaker 5: But what about about Derby?
Speaker 8: Yes, the.
Speaker 2: Inconsistent. I can't work them out. I can't work them out. You know what. When they're good, they're good. But when they're bad, they're horrid.
Speaker 1: And that was so bad and it was on there.
Speaker 2: It was on their home ground, at home. It was at home.
Speaker 1: So they got pulled their parents got pulled down at home. And it's not like they're missing lots of players. I mean, you know, drinking was there.
Speaker 2: Nothing Nothing validates a fifty four point defeet. It just doesn't nothing for anyone. So that was just giving up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, they've got some homework, they've got some homework to do. And if they didn't drop the if I think boss. If you didn't drop that last past, it would have been sixty and that that that it is. But that would have been a rule, a rual wake up call. But it should be a wake up wake up call now. So I have no idea. I've got on. I'm out on the on the cows. I don't know what's happening there. But I am enjoying the Pods team.
Speaker 2: They're fun. The things are fun. The things are so much.
Speaker 5: Fun they are. I think I think people don't really consider them a threat yet because they're like the baby team, you know what I mean, Like everyone's like celebrating. They are a massive threat. But once they start, you know, there are three teams making I just love it.
Speaker 2: Make the mistake. There a thread, there a thread, George. We saw something we haven't seen for a long time on Sunday. What do we see? The lightning? The lightning turn the Bulldogs and the Rabbits twenty four points today and then close finish. They went off the field for half an hour, half.
Speaker 1: An hour, half an hour of pulling teeth and apparently streak is running across the field.
Speaker 2: I was watching, I was watching on TV, and yeah, I leave ten minutes from the stadium right. I walked there right, and it was pissing down rain and I looked out side and I'm like, they're playing homebush, right, and then there's a lightning. The game's pause for I'm going on lightning nexting it about five minutes later. It came four or five minutes later. Okay, got it. It was good. It was pretty bad. Yeah, it was pretty bad. It was pretty bad. It's unusual.
Speaker 1: It was unusual to get the game to be called off too, but I guess you know, I've all been in.
Speaker 2: I rolled, they perstponed it for.
Speaker 1: A little while, and and that was That was a bit of a turning point in the game, because we're the dog started like a house on flyire. They gave us basically twenty five thirty minutes of perfection to what maybe Sexton number one.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't move him on number one, the best game of the season, the best game of his season. I wouldn't move him on number one.
Speaker 1: Number two if if Gus in his wisdom, decides to move on because he thinks he's got the next Lazarus in his Lazarus in his myths, now, which I put a question mark on that at the moment, any club hint hints and George will be it will be a great asset to them. Hint hints and George were okay. So Idi was saying that Saxon won't get a club, don't worry if he keeps on playing like that, not only you will get a club, he'll get he'll get a deal. He'll get a good deal. He was one of one of one of the one of the good ones. And and kick and kick out. You know what canby Nicola. Why are they say good because they do the simple things, the simple things well discipoint yep. The simple things will line speed yeah, and in long, in long periods of time, the line speed second to none, the best line speed in the competition. Physical, extremely physical and when you look at their team, when you look how big they are, you think they can't be physical. But you know what, they've got great tackle, tackle technique, very physical. As you said, long, long, long, long, long, lots of energy. So they play at a high standard at a long period of time, and they let the other team dip. In the minute they dip, they score on them. So it's really simple. It's the most simplest rugby League. They didn't even.
Speaker 2: Play sweeps and ivan clear is double leads and loops. They don't do that.
Speaker 1: They just play an extremely straight physical They do move the ball. They moved the board because they can't go forward like a lot of teams straight through the guts.
Speaker 2: They can't do it.
Speaker 1: They haven't got the cattle this year anyway, So they spread the board to go forward, and a lot of young coaches are doing that, like we talked about.
Speaker 2: But again, very very very very simple.
Speaker 1: When the when that interruption happened with the lightning, when we came back, something changed to something changed in the corner. Uh Sales came rushing back into the rushing back into the game, and the game became a bit of a battle battle.
Speaker 2: Said that he didn't even go into the change room.
Speaker 1: They probably made him even more anxious because he's done that before, apparently, or someone has done that, has done and another coach has done that.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's brutal. Is brutal? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, results, So George, I don't I didn't completely see this game, like because I think I was clean. What how did Galvin play?
Speaker 1: Okay, good question, a very good question. So he had glimpses of of of of of something. Okay, I'm not gonna so if you want to compare him to to to Katara in a different atmosphere, in a different hemisphere, different hemisphere, compare him to to Tabe Sexton. Give me Sexton any day, sext and I.
Speaker 2: Didn't think so played an hour and a half of this club right here and now, Yeah, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 1: I said, I've said when you ask when you asked me about about about Galvin Art like, I don't think this year, he'll give us all that spark in years to come. I agree when he learns the system, no doubt about it. And there's a kid, which I'll talk about a little bit later in the pod. When he pairs up with him, there will be something. There'll probably be something special, one of the best halves in the in the game. But right at the moment, I wouldn't. I wouldn't moved on Sexton. Uh and then Burton comes back. What do you do with Burton.
Speaker 5: Then moving? It's it's Sexton moving.
Speaker 2: They haven't really, they haven't extended here. I've got this gut feeling he'll be there all year. He'll be there this year. They have Yeah, no, no, next year, he's gone.
Speaker 1: Next year he's going and and you know what the good thing is that he's playing so well, someone will pick him up, no doubt about it, No doubt about someone picked him up. And you know, wherever he goes, he'll do well. And like I said, I'm hoping he goes to Saint George because they're desperately in need of a half back of Sexton's sex Than's ability, because a lot of half backs is drift, will go wide. Sexton goes straight. Now he's learned that a Canterbury but it's it's it's all the good halfs just go straight and then they then then in the line either play or v But anyway, that's a separate conversation. I guess what I've learned about South Sydney. Without latrellll doing absolutely insane crazy stuff, they're a round of a mill team. Yeah, you know, I mean they're not bad. That might probably make the eighth, but they're not top four and are they going to develop? Probably are, But right this moment, without Latrello doing absolutely insane stuff.
Speaker 2: They have a very disruptive season.
Speaker 1: They have of injuries yeah yeah, but even even some kids like Humphreys who started like a house on fire has dipped a little bit, and you expect that being a rookie.
Speaker 2: Joy grat play well. I think Gray playaball.
Speaker 1: I think Ji Gray played ball, and no one's mentioned him on any other pods, and I don't know why, but I think Gie's played ball. And yeah, look, some of the forwards probably dipped a bit. Arrows not not there at the moment. Even call him a tonguey. Probably didn't have his better game, the best game, but four tries all, yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: Four rounded round. Did Latrell come back in a month ago?
Speaker 2: It was? Wasn't it around eight or something? I can't remember four weeks he had about four weeks in. There's been more six maybe sixteen.
Speaker 5: Because I was just, yeah, I was just looking at the beginning of the year that we're going all right, all right, and they had because obviously a trailer wasn't in I had. I was really comfortable in like his position and everything else. And then I was just looking because I always, like, like you, I like to look at stats, but I like to look at timing as well. Yeah it's and you know, it's like I was saying before, I don't know if we caught it on the potty or not. But he's just is so underutilized. We'll take it.
Speaker 2: Wonderful tryaving tackle? So good is that question?
Speaker 1: You know you can question his size, you can't question his hard was his ability or his talent? You know, like I said, So that was that was Yeah, So that was it, Nicole. We've got two points and we played Canby Stole of Rugby League. You know what, I got this gut feeling. Sex and Galvin actually works, but Burton Galvin very similar. I don't think that's gonna work. But we'll see. We'll see. Well, Uncle Gus has got an alude for us, because we'll see in time.
Speaker 2: Let's move on to the last game of the round. Els had a hard fought victory over the Buy Got Home, got two points of matters.
Speaker 1: Two points, doesn't matter you get it, doesn't matter how you get it.
Speaker 2: I'll take it. Two points or two points. We don't have we don't have Artie here for the crystal Ball, So let's just move into the upcoming week and it kicks off. It's another split round, obviously, and it kicks off with the Tigers Campbelltown hosting the Camber Raiders be an interesting one. And I think Ricky Stewart's son his debutie as well, Jed Stewart, is it, I believe? So let's see off the bench.
Speaker 5: For the Raiders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so, unless I read it wrong.
Speaker 1: No, No, he's on the extended He's on the extend. He's on the extended bench. Nicole is number nineteen. He's pretty close. He's pretty close. Yeah, No, No, the matchups here, Nicolla. I'd love to see the Dreamer Jeremy Jeremy Buller versus Weeks. That's going to be an interesting, interesting battle. They forget up front yoror May and Joe Tarpani is going to be a good one. Look, they're playing Campbelltown to be.
Speaker 2: Not a good track record for the time. No, it isn't.
Speaker 1: It's a Friday night, isn't it nice and nice and cold? And we're probably not that much of a long drive for the for the Raiders and the two and a half three hours Raiders flying, Give me Raiders, Nicolas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't wait for the game. The games this week, look, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And on Saturday, the Warriors are hosting the Panthers. This isn't dozy when you consider who the Panthers have out. I have to give the Warriors.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, the Panthers entering the torture chamber, which the Warriors give every team. Now, they just slowly, methodically just pull you apart, just second by second, pain by pain. And this team, this particular team, isn't ready for it. Club unfortunately she isn't ready for it. I think you're right. I think the Warriors are specials Nicola.
Speaker 2: And Young Warriors. Yeah yeah. Dolphins at home to Newcastle another no brainer. Newcastle without Ponger, Yeah, how good? No Ponger. Ponger is in. They've got him if he plays.
Speaker 1: Sorry Dominic Dominic Young is straight into the team. Last week played against them with the Roosters. This week is playing for the Knights. Let's against the Dolphins. No, I can't, I can't at all, but let's let's let's hope we can see the the matchup Ponga and the Hammer. That's going to be interesting. And let's not forget Best is in, so Best and Herbie is going to be battling against each other as well. But you're right. New Newcastle couldn't win a Chuck Graffle at their own home ground, so give me the Finns any day.
Speaker 2: And the Rabbit thins for sure. Yeah, asking you that one team of the Pod team of the Pod team of the Pod Rabbit as at hands to the Storm, Melbourne, Melbourne. They're playing here in Sydney.
Speaker 1: They're traveling up Nicola, They're traveling u They jumping on the plane coming up Latrell. Apparently in uh perhaps perhaps interesting will be peraps against Latroll monsters in guess what they got? Lewis dodging, So we're gonna have a first look at Lewis.
Speaker 2: Does played one games. He played one game looked like a bust of truck. I suggested, you're gonna keep on keep on having a flat tire and Arrow and Arrow.
Speaker 1: And Stefano they're gonna go head off night last week. Arrow, so I'm hoping he can absolutely smash Stefano in saying that storms of specials for me Nicola.
Speaker 5: And Storm for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sunday afternoon Broncos at Home to the sharkis definitely on the Broncos at Lane Park. Okay, T.
Speaker 1: Could you tell me your tip because I might be a bit long winded.
Speaker 5: I am. Yeah, I reckon Broncos. I think I actually didn't realize that I'm playing it at home. So it might take the boys.
Speaker 1: Good, might be, might be closer to some people think. Last week tea I I said, but by the way, I love the black jerseys and it's a shame you can't buy them because I would actually buy them that how much I love those jerseys.
Speaker 2: They're going to be wearing them months a year, only on on. It's a great charity. It's a great charity. Anyway, I said that.
Speaker 1: The Broncos entered the race for the petition the nural competition last week, so welcome they were. I guess the dog is there were forty minutes of perfection here there are about sixty five minutes of perfection. But the vibe looked good a week off, and I think I feel sorry for the sorry for the Sharks. They're looking for a victory, but guess what victory won't come this week?
Speaker 2: So Broncos all the way. Let's follow no second last weecond roosters at home to the Cowboys. But aga roosters roosters. Yeah, I can't back the Cowboys. I can't back I'm based on last week.
Speaker 5: Well again, we got Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Perdue Perdue against Smith To you don't forget the disco against Drinki and in the engine and in the engine room, and then then I was going to be doing this thing against Angus. Hard to pick Sydney. I'm going to go the Rooster's mate.
Speaker 2: And lucky last Eels went home to the did you say Dolphins?
Speaker 5: Cowboys guys, and I reckon, I'll go. I'll go Eels next. For this one.
Speaker 2: I think I will too if you can't be the gold case. But then again, both halves are out, so I don't know, but it's not a need to lose. I'll get the Eels at home against the Gold Coast. George.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look here here at here in Sydney, mate, actually here in Sydney, a nice cold, cold evening.
Speaker 2: They played ball last week. They're probably dining Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Sorry, the Titans are probably still dining out on the on the game talking about it, mind you A J Brinson scary, scary human being. Carl Prierre are scary. But let's not forget the the battle with the two halves. I love, I love. I'm a big fan of Hawkins, massive fan of Hawkins. The five eight t your your person, Joseph Babaliki the chin him in the at five eight. Anyway, Nicole the training for five eight and he's a five eight.
Speaker 2: I think he's, like I said a couple of I think he's the future.
Speaker 1: I hope he does well, and I hope Jason realized it because he's what I saw in the in the regies. He's born to play five eight. But I'm going Earls.
Speaker 2: And the Bullos, Eagles and Dragons have to buy George, what do you got for us? What do we got? Uh? We we got the Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Wednesday night, we're going to be sitting in front of television's felt in front of our television team to watch the Origin. But let's not forget Thursday. We've got more Origin games. We've got the under nineteens. I'm not very familiar Tea with the Queenslan and kids, but I know a few of them. New South Nicola, I'm not sure if you're going to watch it, but I'm busy on Thursday. On Thursday, could you could you on the New South Owls side, can you have a look at a young man from the Knights called Cody hop Wood.
Speaker 2: He's a big center.
Speaker 1: The two halves, Toby Rodwell which is the son of the Little war Yeah, well, the rod Will and mitch Wood. That's the kid that Brett Rodbill and Mitch yep, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the halves is going to be Rodwell and Mitch Michael Wood, mitch Wood as they call him.
Speaker 1: He's the kid that everybody's talking about in the in the Dogs. He's he can probably he played last year. He can play under ninety's next year as well. At the moment, he's playing reggies and he's killing in the reggies. Have a look at him, and for you Nicola massive back roller plays for Paramatta lud anyway, big massive back roller, dangerous edge runner. I've had a look at him in the in in the Flag. Give him two years, you'll be you'll be seeing him, seeing him.
Speaker 2: What is it? What she doing? See him?
Speaker 1: Seeing him at uh Parametter Oval and the coaches Josh Jackson, Josh Jackson, well t t on your side of course, Jackson Perdue playing fullback and he's gonna absolutely kill it. He's still nineteen, you eleven, he can play under nineties origin g and there's a there's a young man to I want you to have a look and I'm going to ask you next week on the pod. His name is Cody Black. He's playing half back now. If it was up to me, half black, half black. He's playing half black. He's playing half back now. If it was up to me, I wouldn't sign a certain thirty five year old half back, but I would have him on the staff to teach his kid how to play number seven. And I'll put this kid straight into first grade. That's how good I think he is. He's outstanding.
Speaker 2: Who's he playing? He's a Bronco and he's Reynolds rejected the Tigers offer to extend with the Broncos. Yeah, he's he loves it. He loved there.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I would have it. I ould have Reynolds on the staff and to teach Katie Blake because his kid here is going to be the next next special human being. He's imagine imagine Israel Man's skill with his feet and Reynolds controlling the game together. He's a special human being. The Girls the Girls again, I'm not too too familiar with the Queensland Girls Nicola, but for the New South Wales Girls, six Illawarra girls have made the team and Boss Hogg's sister is one of the big stars, Casey Boss Stock and six Paramtta girls.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you a word for it.
Speaker 1: I'm a fan of I'm a fan of the Parama NRL W team and the coach, the coach, sorry, the coach for your team t the undernining Men is Ben Teo.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 1: So anyway, have a look. It's it's going to be fun. Two games are going to be fun and you know what you will see the future of NRL.
Speaker 2: We go to Super League. Some scores.
Speaker 1: St Helen's forty six, Sulford, the unlucky Sulford four, Lee Leopards, the team with the ugliest jersey in the world twenty four, Wakefield twenty Leeds, Brad Arthur's team thirty six dusted Big Sam's team Warrington twelve.
Speaker 2: Jesus jes coach.
Speaker 1: He's such a good coach Wigham, Wigan Warriors twenty two, the hunter Fields Hunterfield Giants eighteen, Hull FC fourteen Castle for twenty two and the Big Team Kaya sixty eight against the Catalans six. But let me tell you too, they won the fight. They did win the fight. They won the fight the top six. Did you see the fight.
Speaker 5: Nicol saw the but for the other day sleet blast from the Past. I had to go double deck. Conrad Harrell is playing for.
Speaker 2: He's still playing yea, Conrad Harrold. Yeah he's not.
Speaker 1: He's playing for He was playing for Saint Helen's but they got He went to a LOWLL team. But he's he plays a lot of bench and he's gone.
Speaker 2: He's gone.
Speaker 1: I think he's gone to Division two, but he'll play for two. He's fifty seven. Yeah, I didn't know he's still playing. Oh yeah, you'll be surprised. He places.
Speaker 5: I was like, it was what I was like because I followed super League on inter and then his face popped up and I was like, God, he looks familiar. And I remember it was when my company sponsored the Titan, so I had met him a few times and it was like it was like nine years anyway, Sorry to digress, but that was just mention. I didn't realize he was still playing.
Speaker 1: Let me give you the top six Tea Hull KR twenty six, my team Wigham twenty four, Leeds, Arthur's Team, Arthur's team twenty Leed Leopards, the team of the Auglas Jerseys in the world nineteen Saint Helen's sixteen and get back let's let's bring back let's start a campaign to to bring back Young Sailor and huw FC fifteen. And that's the the semi final sort of series.
Speaker 2: And what I've got is the song of the week. Now we're gonna we're gonna do something a little bit different Nicla.
Speaker 1: OK, We're each going to get a chance to suggest the song of the week. But there's one condition of the song. The song hasn't have meaning to us.
Speaker 2: I had I had an idea. I had an idea for a song of the week. It's a long story too, a long story. I'll you one day.
Speaker 1: So so so the song we pick and we'll have turns. So you've got three weeks to think about it. It's got to mean something in your life.
Speaker 2: That's easy, like of course it is. Now, I'm gonna how many weeks do I.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm going to tell you, I'm going to tell your story about Nicola, and then we'll play this just so we can kick it off. Then next week, Nicola's going to have the chance of telling us a song that means something between and you can have the the the other week, tea and then I'll come back to me and we'll keep on going around until until the end of the year. Okay, now, now, Nicola. Nicola was dragged along to a gig tea which he really didn't want to go. He did not want to feel about. He really didn't want to go, and I gotta feel in that did Frank dragular? It was Frankie. It was Franky. So he didn't want to didn't really want to go. I remember being with him the week before and he said, I'm going to see this certain artist and I'm not really a fan, but you know what, Frank's got some tickets and we go. And I saw him the week after and he said, you know what, I actually don't mind him.
Speaker 2: He was. I was pleasantly surprised. I was in a bad show. I wasn't prepared because it was two thousand and seven or eight, you can tell me the story. Well it was two it was almost twenty years ago. So I showed up to a concert the way I used to dress to get the concerts all. I was like a singer, you know, and and the security guys jokingly stopped me and he goes, dude, iron maidens next week, I said that, Man, I'm not here to say can you talk about it? Was justin Timberlake, Timberlake JT. And I was pleasantly surprised. I was blown away by how good he was. And we had a great seat, well standing actually on the dance floors. I was playing away by how good he was. Very impressed. And what song would you like to hit? I just can't tell you one of these songs. How about tell you I don't know, so you help me out here. What song would you look to him from? Justin Timberlake? Oh wait a second, I remember one crime A River a River? Yeah, that's it. I like that song. Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So that was a long winded way of going of going around and explaining this new segment.
Speaker 2: But it's easy.
Speaker 1: Next week, Nico will tell us about a song that means something to him. But I know something that changed his life just he remembers when you heard it. It could be anything. I've got a story of epiphany. Yeah, I've got a story already to go. And I'm sure you've got about twenty five in your little brain at the moment. Yeah, okay, so that's me, that's me, all right?
Speaker 2: Well, that's a wrap for episode fifteen another week origin tomorrow night. Can't very excited, very excited, can't.
Speaker 5: Wait, can't wait an yeah, I are you Sidney? Oh no, no, to say it for my Queensland.
Speaker 2: As long as it's.
Speaker 1: An outstanding game. I don't really care who wins. I don't care, just.
Speaker 2: Picturing in my jersey as you look good in blue, you look good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I get to wear the I get to wear the Queensland beanie. We didn't say anything.
Speaker 2: About that's fine, you can wear. You can wear whatever beanie you want. I'm surprised you're wearing it tonight.
Speaker 5: As Silent twenty seven wins.
Speaker 2: You can do, you can do whatever you want. But it'll be in my jersey after New South Wales wrap it up tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be so good. It's going to be so good. I can't wait. I can't wait.
Speaker 5: You know, it'll be interesting to see the vibe for Perth as well Becau obviously the new new team in there too, so welcoming it.
Speaker 1: I look, you know what in terms of Perth, you and he last week, what I'm hearing is that the media is dead against it and go like you know, really trashing it.
Speaker 2: They're going to have a good coach. It's going to be the first club role in twenty seven years.
Speaker 1: It's a separate argument, but it's like I was saying to Nicoleta last week, it's a really really big job for the coach that we're talking about because when they started the Dolphins, well they had everything in place. They had they had a que Cup team that kids coming through, that infrastructure, that pathways. Yeah, they've got to they've got to start from scratch. So hey, good luck to win, good like to wins.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 5: It's interesting because Earth is not Perth is you know, it's a mining town. It's like Queensland. They love footing. We're nice to recruit over there. If they didn't have an issue, I'm surprised no, but they like like like because a lot of the guys that are flying over doing five fo lot of Queensland South Wales.
Speaker 2: That's more.
Speaker 1: That's more north of w that's a was it Karra or something at the top of the I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Going going into the main Karra Stadium stadium anyway. Anyway, like I said, it's a big job for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just Perth loves to charge twenty bucks for a beer, so.
Speaker 1: I know, I know Costal likes it. So it's a hot It's a hot city apparently too. But anyway, look, I wish. Look, I've got a big soft spot and Nicola has two for the Bears because back in the nineties we enjoyed them, we like them, so I want them to do well. I want all rugby league to do well. So but big job for my big job, very big job. But anyway, that's anyway. Have a good night, have a great week, enjoy origin everyone. Some of us will, some of us win't. Some of us will more than others.
Speaker 2: Let's wait and see and we will see you all next week when we picked up the connies. Have a great wake everyone.
Speaker 8: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I were my son, they were.
Speaker 8: You didn't know about the ways I loved you.
Speaker 2: No, so he took a chance, made up a plan. A bet you didn't they they would come crashing down.
Speaker 8: No, you don't have the sake. That's okay.
Speaker 5: You know I'm tuning.
Speaker 2: I'm like, JA, don't get me, don't cat me, don't want.
Speaker 5: To make you sad about it. Tell me you love me.
Speaker 8: Wanted to leave me all along? Now you tell me you lead me en me call me mac guess I'm mad computers with some other guy. I just go better.
Speaker 5: Tell us your.
Speaker 8: Turn to cry john Johnny around Johnny away, Jummy. I know that they say somethings.
Speaker 5: I head and let it unseat.
Speaker 8: He doesn't like and you talk to.
Speaker 6: And you know it.
Speaker 8: You don't know all these things. People told me keep messing with my hair, should a quick ste.
Speaker 2: And you made that path though, I don't got to say that you did.
Speaker 8: No, no, there's just no chick me, emmy, don't make you sad about saw me? You love me? Why didn't you leave me alone?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 8: No, tell me you need me and me call me on the phone, Call me on the phone.
Speaker 5: Least I may confused with some other guy.
Speaker 3: I let them.
Speaker 5: Baby, it's just a burn.
Speaker 8: How was you, sirs?
Speaker 5: Your turn?
Speaker 8: Guys? Body go on, go on you.
Speaker 2: Johnson Johnson john to say. I don't have to say what you did.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 8: There's just no cha you Emmy don't want to, don't want to, just don't want to. Can't the time A juny mummy away by a cry baby, a CD M creble mmy
Speaker 5: Crandle rummy away incredble m, a incredible m me away, gett