Speaker 1: On on Welcome to Got to Bring it Up? The Ceceal pre show for episode four seventy.
Speaker 2: Seven, four seventy seven.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, Yeah, we're here.
Speaker 1: We're brought to you by the wonderful patrons of Patreon dot com slash cceal podcast.
Speaker 2: Whether they like it or not, I gotta get comfy. I'm not comfy. Let's just we're sitting on a wooden bench rine.
Speaker 1: Hey, don't let people know.
Speaker 2: Well, is it a big secret? Is it a trade secret? Did they think we were sitting on recliners out here and wherever? Butt fuck town? You've dropped us this week. We've moved out of the basement into some little piece of shit town with a hilarious name.
Speaker 1: I'm glad people are noticing it's getting harder and harder to find like weird places.
Speaker 2: To be never no wow, Well eventually, just like Google street View, like down like some really terrible street in America or Canada or anywhere really and we could just be in front of some drug store with it.
Speaker 1: Or you see two people like smashing in the back alley or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like a bank robbery happening behind us.
Speaker 1: So I'm taking a crap on somebody's lawn.
Speaker 2: Maybe we can finally have the dinosaur from Jurassic Park chasing us like I've wanted since we started doing the show.
Speaker 1: Damn it, I have to say something.
Speaker 2: Do say.
Speaker 1: For the first time in a good long while, we have a winner of the Ceco Booster back game. What yes, sir?
Speaker 2: What the hell is that?
Speaker 1: It's okay, So we're gonna give.
Speaker 2: Hints huh okay, okay, that sounds something something we could do.
Speaker 1: If you were watching this show, which you should be, you would leave a comment down in the section below where you could leave comments and as to what card we're giving a hint about.
Speaker 2: Very helpful and you could win something. Apparently.
Speaker 1: Yes, if you guess correctly and then I draw your name, you are the winner of a CEO sticker pack, oo, a CEO Token pack or Carmel.
Speaker 2: See we're learning, We got it.
Speaker 1: That's producer Gary.
Speaker 2: You shut up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So last week's winner or card that we are guessing loot the Pathfinder.
Speaker 2: What a s We're gonna talk about him on the show tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are doing the Ether Drift legendary creatures tomorrow. Man. Some of them good, some of them.
Speaker 2: Man, there's some just really really bad legends in this set.
Speaker 1: I'm here for it. I like it, I hate I got myself a collector box. Oh for Brando's box opening. I'm waiting for the finish line bundles. We'll talk about it tomorrow. Last week's winner our good friend Drake Frost.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love that guy.
Speaker 1: Yes, he guessed Loot the Pathfinder good card.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he's whooped anybody else with no name from no hometown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, slammed body slammed him so bad he crapped his pants. Funniest story ever, man. We got to show producer Gary the video where he tells that story. It's very funny, Yes, very very funny.
Speaker 2: The best part is he we had to get him to tell it twice because the camera didn't work the first time, and it was like and it was as good the second time. You never want to know.
Speaker 1: It was better because as a professional performer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now he knows he's on camera.
Speaker 1: He knows, and he like. He took the parts that we laughed the hardest at and just embellished the hell out of him. Hey, it's so good, such a good story. Yeah, poop Daddy is what they called the guy after very funny. So Drake is the winner. He knows how to get in touch with us to claim his prize, or donate the prize, or do whatever he wants.
Speaker 2: Take the prize, take the price, take one to take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not going to give up any of my ether Drift collector packs. Those are mine. Those are mine.
Speaker 2: Ben, speaking of collector packs before we go on at D H and M last night, as we're recording this, yep, big man, Well, I think I know what you're talking about, you Alex. Yep, and I opened a between the three of us. I think we opened like nine or ten collector boosties of ether stra of Inner Stramaster, and I think that we got every actual good card in the whole set, and none of us gave a fuck.
Speaker 1: You know what the best part about that was is you guys are playing down the table from me and the guy that I was playing with, his name is Mike. I don't think he watches the show because he's pretty new to magic. I'm telling to watch the show because I told the story. He comes back and goes, oh, I was opening packs with those guys, and the one that I put back and foiled crater hoof in it or whatever. And then he shows me just some bum like limited a piece of shit card. He's like, oh, I actually needed that card.
Speaker 2: We should have told me that. I would have traded it to him.
Speaker 1: I don't need it, no, man, So funny.
Speaker 2: We got two crater hooves and an Edgar and who got the Oh yeah, I got two crater hoofs.
Speaker 1: There was a creater hoof and Edgar in the same pack, wasn't there. Yeah, yeah, that's the pack. He's like, I had it in my hand and I put it back on the shelf and then the guy beside me bought it. I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're learning. That's good. The trick is I wait for somebody else to pick it up, and then I take it from them and then I get it instead.
Speaker 1: I had some nice games with him. Nice guy.
Speaker 2: They seemed like a pretty good dude. He did some trading afterwards with Roland he's our friend from Ontario who lives here now. And then him and Aiden had a very long, very boisterous conversation about the power of ban list cards in relation to other cards in magic and me and Ben and five Colored Mounto Angel, Aaron, and George all sat there and drank a beer and did not participate.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is the Coachman licensed beverage room.
Speaker 2: That is correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I stopped in to go to the bathroom and say hi to everybody, and then I left.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I went home and had a beer with a Rebecca.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, because it was your birthday, played magic with us on his wife's birthday. But he did go home and have a beer with her at I did, which is what she wanted.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: So cool. Yep for you, man, yep for you. So who are we doing today?
Speaker 1: We got to give some hints away for today's guessing game. Now I think we give one hint away, and okay, the hint is this. It's well, okay, it's a commander from ether Drift or the ether Drift commander pre cons it's one of the two, so you know it's from ether Drift. This commander single handedly caused the price of tortured existence to quadruple.
Speaker 2: How much was tortured existence.
Speaker 1: Before it's like a few bucks, and now it's like almost twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now it's like.
Speaker 1: Eighty no no, no, no, no no. Now it's twenty Oh it was a few bucks, now it's twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're one of those guys that just randomly collects a card because you like it or because it's got cool art, as tortured existence does does. Maybe you're rich.
Speaker 2: You know the thing about tortured existence having like that art. It's a skeleton like hanging on a post. Right, Yeah, that guy's existence is over. He is no longer tortured. I feel that the art does not necessarily convey the title wow, Like if the skeleton was obviously still alive, then it would it would count. Also, if you're gonna hang a skeleton by its wrists, why does it stay together? It's a skeleton.
Speaker 1: It would stay together for a good long while after it dies and gets eaten, because the like the cartilage and the connective tissue that holds bones and stuff together is the last thing that parasites eat. Really, yeah, it's the hardest, and it's got like the least nutritional value in it.
Speaker 2: Do you mean to tell me if like all the skin just came off my arm all of a sudden, my fingers and like my bones just wouldn't fall up part like an old puzzle.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: Gross, gross, we just learned a science thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool. Like connective tissue over like that crosses joints are our ligaments and then the stuff that connects like your your fingers to your muscles, like those are tendons. Those are mostly made out of collagen plastic, the plastic of real life.
Speaker 2: Neat neat. See we're e CEO. That's educational cookout podcast.
Speaker 1: I guess so also sounds like a wrestling franchise e c O.
Speaker 2: The Extreme Champion Overdrive Extreme Championship Wrestling Extreme Championship out to follow the name and yes, correct?
Speaker 1: Okay, so guess this commander tortured existence is the hint? Who is it? Let us know in the comments of this video. Okay, we have a review of ether drift legends. I there's not very many.
Speaker 2: There's thirty three of them as of when I was reviewing them this morning, which is before.
Speaker 1: The four the four vanillas, yes, white vanilla too, there's five. There's five? Yeah, Oh, I couldn't find it in scripfall. Where's the white one?
Speaker 2: Maybe it hasn't been spoiled yet, but it's coming. They're not just going to do it for four colors and then not have this.
Speaker 1: Sure it's there. Yeah, okay, well my numbers will be a little bit off then.
Speaker 2: But there's some that we haven't seen yet as of this recording. But I feel like there's not going to be any more just massive bombs that they're going to drop on us.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so. We Usually you'll see a few that like exemplify the set, the characters, the ones that have the particular abilities that the set cares about. You'll see a few more that are like the best, most powerful ones. You'll see a few like story filler characters. Yeah. Yeah, And then you'll see like the trickle down of the last ones, the backup singers from the pre cons once the pre cons are fully revealed, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: The ones that go the ninety nine, the ones that are shitty versions of commanders that came out in Foundations, all those ones, correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're gonna talk about probably all of them really though. The with the vanilla ones, there's like twenty nine or twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and obviously there's no we can do that right now. Are you gonna play Vanilla creature Raizorr Commander? Just as the meme you're gonna take the time to build a deck, sleave it up, shuffle it, take it to your lgs and try and play with it. And you play mono color deck. No, oh, Wols, they're not very good and they're just there to be funny.
Speaker 1: They serve a purpose, I'm sure, in like in the ninety nine of decks where you search for a legendary or like with Time of Need.
Speaker 2: Or something, because that's the one you're gonna find. For sure.
Speaker 1: They serve a purpose where you might want creatures that have very high power or toughness to mana cost ratio, like there's a zero eight for two if I can get eight toughness for two mana for some reason, like there is a reason to play any cards, of.
Speaker 2: Course, of course, but I'm say no, you're not.
Speaker 1: I could see somebody making a CEC a raw dog deck out of one of them, just just to try and beat you with. Now that, now that you've said that.
Speaker 2: Having now played in trash Anti mm hm, those are no longer. Oh this deck's only worth twelve bucks. Yeah, go fuck yourself with.
Speaker 1: Your twelve dollars, because they're actually good.
Speaker 2: They pound harder than have you seen Aaron's deck. Five call them wonder when Angel Aaron has a deck that's worth what twenty seven dollars? And that deck is almost impossible to beat unless you focus all of your removal on it. It is insane. It is insane, and it's mono white.
Speaker 1: And he listens to the pre show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that deck's nuts, and like should we beat him up? Yes?
Speaker 1: In real life yes, Noah, I probably shouldn't like it.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I like that guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're talking, well, well we'll mention that there's these vanilla guys, but they don't they don't really do anything for leading any of our decks.
Speaker 2: They can pound that, Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 1: And the other thing that I have Okay, so if we've got twenty, let's say thirty commanders, thirty five commanders after everything is revealed, not that many, which is refreshing.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 1: I remember like last year and the year before there were sets that had seventy eighty over one hundred legends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, too many.
Speaker 1: And the other thing about this too is they have rare legends that support the sets gimmick like top speed, max speed whatever it is, ye or vehicles sure and by and large and energy by and large. Unless you're doing that specific deck, you're not gonna see these commanders. And I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like it makes I think there's two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes them feel unique and special to the people who want them, which is great. And I'm one of the people with vehicles. I'm gonna be jamming three or four. I have a list that are going into my vehicles deck. But A they're not the commander of that deck, and B nobody's gonna know what they are. Nobody's gonna care about the max speed commander. Maybe the one that's a goblin, but it too, will only go in the ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was thinking really hard about that one.
Speaker 1: And no, it's good. No, no, too slow.
Speaker 2: I play that car. I play that deck twice, and I wouldn't play him in either of them.
Speaker 1: So would you play it in the deck that you played on Sidewalk Slam season three?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Is that one of the decks though?
Speaker 2: No, dang it.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to say yes, and I said, hey.
Speaker 2: There's a previous he is the right creature type. Oh, there you go, there are colors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, I just to wrap up the show, I guess I finished my initial walkthrough and cut of Sidewalk Slam Game. How is it? There's likes that. There was some parts in it where Rebecca saw and laughed like she laughed and she didn't even play magic.
Speaker 2: OHI.
Speaker 1: And there was some parts where I freaking laughed at stuff that you were doing. And I never laugh at stuff that you're doing because I'm exposed to it way too much. So there was definitely some funny parts and definitely some opportunities for me to like flex some of what we did in the studio and flex a little bit of like just editing muscles and take some time to make it really cool.
Speaker 2: I think people are gonna like that episode. I haven't even seen it yet, but I was there and I think it's gonna be really cool.
Speaker 1: And you saw some of the intro and stuff, so you know, it looks good.
Speaker 2: It looks pretty cool. You guys should all be excited for it as I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll talk about a little bit more on the show tomorrow. I'll bring it up again. I'll mention it again.
Speaker 2: Should we end the shows that we can get there faster for us?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Top Top Speed tomorrow show.
Speaker 2: We've waited four turns, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Hit our theme sound burber