Speaker 1: You know, usually when we look at a dental diagnosis, there's this expectation of clinical precision.
Speaker 2: Right like an engineering mindset.
Speaker 1: Exactly like a patient comes in with a fractured cusp, the radiograph shows that jagged white line and you point to it on the monitor and say, well, there it is. That's the structural failure. It's clean, it's isolated, and honestly it's comforting.
Speaker 2: It creates an illusion of control. Really. I mean, we're trained to operate in millimeters, focusing so intensely on the hard tissues in the immediate periodontium. But the reality of otter and clinical practice is just far less isolated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because then you look down at the patient's medical history form and that neat structural mindset just completely shatters.
Speaker 2: It really does.
Speaker 1: Suddenly you aren't just treating a fractured tooth or you know, a coufurious lesion. You're operating inside this highly complex systemic environment that has been fundamentally re engineered by prescription drugs. And for you listening to this deep dive as a dental student or young professional, navigating that pharmacological landscape is quite literally the difference between a routine procedure and a life threatening medical emergency.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And that's exactly why the Drug Dictionary for Dentistry by Mitchen and Seymour is so vital. It establishes a core philosophy for this exact reality. Right.
Speaker 1: Our mission today is to pull the real world clinical pearls from this guide, right, not just read a list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have to move beyond just memorizing alphabetical lists of side effects. I mean, a patient's medical history isn't just a background check. It's the ultimate, non negotiable blueprint for their dental treatment plan. We need to understand the underlying physiological mechanisms, like the why and the how, because that is what dictates clinical management.
Speaker 1: So we're going to break this down into four clinical pillars today. Let's start with the immediate oral environment. When a patient opens their mouth, before you even pick up an explorer, you're often looking at a chemically altered landscape. Oh, like we see zerostomia constantly. But we need to look past the obvious discomfort. You know, saliva isn't just lubrication. I always compare a mouth without saliva to a car engine running without oil. You get friction, decay, and eventual breakdown. It's a continuous buffering liquid immune system.
Speaker 2: That's a great analogy. Yeah, and when that salivary flow is suppressed, you are stripping away the primary defense mechanism against demineralization and opportunistic pathogens. The text emphasizes how ubiquitous this parasympathetic inhibition is across vastly different pharmacological classes. I mean, you see severe salivary flow reduction with tricyclic antidepressants like amatrypti line in disulibin, which are so calmon very common, and antipsychotics like amazyl pride and quishiapine, and histamines like acrovastine, even asima medications like amtophyline. They all disrupt the autonomic pathways that stimulate the salivary glands.
Speaker 1: So the buffering capacity plummets, the oral pH drocks and you get this massive carryogenic shift. Clinically, if that patient is dentate, you can't just suggest they rank a little more water.
Speaker 2: No, definitely not.
Speaker 1: They require an immediate, aggressive, high carries risk protocol, so prescription topical fluorides, remineralizing pastes, artificial saliva, and for addentialist patients, the prosodonic implications are just disastrous.
Speaker 2: Oh, it ruins the retention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you lose that crucial microscopic layer of saliva, which means you lose the surface tension and capillary action required for denture attention. The acrylic just won't seal to the mucosa.
Speaker 2: It destabilizes the entire restorative foundation. And while salvary suppression alters the biochemical environment, other systemic drugs are aggressively altering the physical architecture of the hard and soft tissues.
Speaker 1: Like gingibal overgrowth.
Speaker 2: Exactly. We learn early on about fennytoin and gingibal overgrowth, which is driven by an alteration in fibroblast metabolism, but the dictionary highlights far more insidious structural defects caused by this anti convulsant.
Speaker 1: Wait, like what the root architecture changes?
Speaker 2: Right? It does. Yeah, finnytoin is associated with severe root shortening, root resorption, and hyper semintosis. You get this massive excessive deposition of cementum along the apical third of the roots.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, so clinically that's a nightmare for extractions.
Speaker 2: Right, if you're planning an extraction on a patient with a long history of fennytoyin use. What looks like a straightforward, simple elevation on the radiograph will often turn into a brutal surgical extraction because that hyper seminosis essentially anchors the tooth into the alveolar bone like a rivet.
Speaker 1: That's crazy to think about.
Speaker 2: And additionally, for female patients of child bearing age, finny toyin carries a heavily documented to ratogenic risk for cleft, lip and palate.
Speaker 1: Right, and we also see significant tissue alterations with calcium channel blockers too, don't we.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Drugs like is ratifine and then sold to pain they.
Speaker 1: Interfere with intracellular calcium mobilization, which somehow triggers that same pronounced anterior gingibal overgrowth, completely complicating oral hygiene and periodonal maintenance.
Speaker 2: It's a very visible side effect.
Speaker 1: But let's look at it much more acute volatile tissue reaction angioedema the sudden massive swelling of the lips, tongue, and the floor of the mouth. The text flags ace inhibitors like solazeprol and bisphosphonse like allandronic acid as primary triggers.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is a critical one.
Speaker 1: Now in a high stress scenario. If a patient's tongue starts swelling rapidly in the chair, instinct dictates grabbing the emergency kit, hitting them with an EpiPen, and falling up with hedrochurtisome. But the literature suggests that's a trap. Right. Why does standard anaphylaxis protocol fail here?
Speaker 2: Because the mechanism of action is fundamentally different from a type bi hypersensitivity reaction. Oh so, if a patient is allergic to penicillin, you have an IgE mediated response causing mass cells to degranulate and release massive amounts of histamine.
Speaker 1: Right, and that's where the epinephrin comes in.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Epinephrine and corticosteroids aggressively target and reverse that histamine pathway. But ace inhibitor induced angioedema is not mediator by histamin Oh. Interesting, Yeah, ace engie intents and converting enzyme is also responsible for breaking down bradikeinan, which is a potent endogenous phasodilator. When you inhibit ace, brite akeenin accumulates in the tissues, leading to massive fluid extravasation and swelling.
Speaker 1: So hitting them with epinephrine does absolutely nothing for the brandikeine accumulation.
Speaker 2: It is functionally useless in this specific pathway, the swelling will just continue despite the adrenaline. Wow. This is why you must proactively question patients on ace inhibitors about any history of transient swelling, swallowing difficulties, or airway embarrassment before initiating treatment. Even minor dental trauma or local anesthetic injections can precipitate this bratikin and mediated crisis.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we've got mucosal swelling, structural changes, and salivary collapse. But let's pivot. That's just the surface level, right, that's what we can see. Yeah, if you're planning any sort of invasive procedure and extraction, implant placement, or pyioflap surgery, the real threat is what's happening beneath the mucosa in the blood and bone.
Speaker 2: The hemenotological environment literally dictates your surgical success or failure. The dictionary establishes a rigid clinical threshold here, it's the less than one hundred thousand platelet rule.
Speaker 1: Right, Because we're looking at a massive spectrum of drugs that induce bone marrow suppression. Chemotherapeutic agents like eclarubasin and carboplatin are expected obviously sure, but the list extends to rheumatology drugs like penicillamine and psychiatric medications like maprobamate. They trigger profound frombocyopenia, a granular of cytosis and lekopenia.
Speaker 2: And you know, the physiology of hemostasis relies heavily on that initial platelet plug to form the scaffold for the coagulation cascade. Once a patient's platelet count drops below one hundred thousand per micro leader, normal physiological clotting mechanisms become fundamentally inadequate.
Speaker 1: For dental surgery, a routine extraction site will simply not stop oozing exactly.
Speaker 2: You have to step in and artificially manufacture hemostasis. You can't just place a cotton roll and rely on pressure.
Speaker 1: So what do you do?
Speaker 2: You need to actively pack the socket with oxidized, regenerated cellulose or gelatin sponges, place Figure eight tension sutures to physically approximate the tissue, and have the logistical groundwork laid to request an immediate plately transfusion if refractory bleeding occurs.
Speaker 1: Right, and that bone marrow suppression isn't just about platelets. We also mention a granular cytosis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stripping away the granular lecocytes, the NEUTROPHILSI, asenophils, and basophyls means the patient has lost their cellular first responders.
Speaker 1: So clinically, what does that look like?
Speaker 2: Clinically? This manifests as a staggering susceptibility to severe oral ulceration and more critically, any low grade chronic, periopical or periodontal infection that a healthy immune system would normally wall off into a localized granuloma, It'll just spread exactly, It'll suddenly spread through the fascial spaces with terrifying speed. There's just no cellular army to contain the bacteria.
Speaker 1: Which brings up a really fascinating contradiction in how we manipulate the immune system. Let's talk about systemic cortichosteroids, things like dexamethasone or beta methizone. Okay, yeah, we know they're potent immunosuppressants, But if they actively shut down the inflammatory cascade, wouldn't that technically halt the destructive immune response that causes periodontal pocketing Like couldn't it hide gingevitis.
Speaker 2: It's an incredibly deceptive pharmacological paradox. Actually, in the very short term, the potent anti inflammatory properties might afford a temporary artificial masking of gingal inflammation, so it looks healthy, right. The tissue might even look less aerathemitis because of the vasodilation and leucoste migration are blocked. But the long term physiological cost is devastating to the periodontia.
Speaker 1: Because of the disruption to the bone remodeling cycle.
Speaker 2: Precisely, corticosteroids aggressively tip the scale of bone metabolism. They stimulate osteoclastic resorption while simultaneously inducing osteoblastic apoptosis, so they literally kill the cells that build new bone. The text is definite on this prolonged systemic cordico steroine therapy indece's profound drug induced oxteoporosis, which is now classified as a major primary risk factor for catastrophic alveolar bone loss. You just lose the rigid structural foundation that anchors the.
Speaker 1: Dentician, and because that cell mediated immunity is dialed down, those steroids are concurrently masking severe opportunistic infections. Right candidiasis, widespread her pedic lesions. Absolutely so, a patient on chronic beta methazone who presents with an acute odontogenic infection isn't dealing with a routine toothache. It is a time sensitive, rapidly spreading threat. The localized inflammatory signs, the heat, the swelling, the pain. They might be blunted by the steroids cateratifying. Yeah, it lulls the clinician into a false sense of security while the infection tracks toward the airway or the cavernous sinus. Aggressive local debridement and immediate antibiotic therapy are completely non negotiable.
Speaker 2: Which perfectly illustrates why understanding the systemic baseline is so critical. Before we introduce our own pharmacological agents into the mix, we have to navigate the dental drug mindfield, starting with the most heavily utilized drug in our arsenal.
Speaker 1: Epinephron Epinephrine is the gold standard vasoconstrictor. We rely on it to keep the local anesthetic localized to the nerve, increase the depth and duration of pulple anesthesia, and provide surgical hemostasis, but the systemic absorption is unavoidable. And the dictionary outlines a strict three cartridge rule for patients on specific cardiovascular medications. Let's look at non selective beta blockers drugs like espuctolol or propronolol.
Speaker 2: To understand the interaction here, we have to look at the receptor physiology. When we inject exogenous epinephrine, it stimulates both alpha one receptors which cause intense vasoconstriction, and beta two receptors, which cause vasodilation in the skeletal muscle of vasculature.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they kind of balance out in a healthy patient.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these opposing actions somewhat balance out the mean arterial pressure. But if a patient is taking an on selective beta blocker, those beta two receptors are completely blockaded.
Speaker 1: So the epinephrine binds to the alpha one receptors, causing massive vasoconstriction, but the compensatory beta two vasodilation is.
Speaker 2: Block exactly, it results in unopposed alpha stimulation. The peripheral vascular resistant sky rockets, leading to a sudden, dangerous and potentially cerebrovascular event, inducing spike in systolic.
Speaker 1: Blood pressure, which is why the local anesthetic must be strictly limited to a maximum of three cartridges injected slowly with meticulous aspiration to avoid intravascular delivery, and we see that same three cartridge limitation for patients taking non potassium sparing diuretics like bendrofluizide or momentinide. These drugs lower blood pressure by inhibiting sodium reabsorption in the kidneys, but they inevitably drag potassium out with the urine, leaving the patient in a state of baseline hypocolemia. How does epinephrine exacerbate that?
Speaker 2: Well, epinefrin actively stimulates the sodium potassium at pase pump in skeletal muscle cells. This action forcefully drives extracellular potassium into the intracellular space.
Speaker 1: Ah. I see, So, if.
Speaker 2: The patient is already hypoclemic from their diuretic and you inject a heavy dose of epinephrine, you drive their serum potassium levels down even further, and.
Speaker 1: The heart doesn't like that, not at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The myocardial conduction system relies on precise potassium gradients to antion. If that gradient collapses, the electrical system misfires, exposing the patient to severe, potentially fatal cardiac arrhythmius.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's shift to a class of drugs that carries a massive historical stigma in dentistry, monoamine oxidase inhibitors, the MAOIs like trannilsipromine used for refractory depression. Aren't we taught to be terrified of epinephrine with MAOIs like it would trigger an immediate hypertensive crisis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is one of the most persistent myths in clinical dentistry, and the Dictionary thoroughly debunks it based on metabolic pathways.
Speaker 1: Really how so?
Speaker 2: Well, the logic behind the fhere was that MAOIs block the breakdown of catacholamines, so adding more catacholamines like epinephrine would overload the system. However, exogenous epenipherne, the kind we inject from a dental cartridge, is primarily metabolized by a completely different enzymatic route. Is broken down by catacol methyl transfrase or COMT, which is heavily located in the liver and tissues.
Speaker 1: So the monoamine oxidase enzyme isn't even the primary clearance mechanism for our local anesthetic.
Speaker 2: Exactly because the COMT pathway remains fully functional. The injected epinephrine is cleared efficiently and does not accumulate to toxic levels. Standardental local anesthetics with epinephrine are perfectly safe for these patients.
Speaker 1: That's a huge relief it is.
Speaker 2: However, the text explicitly warns that ephedrin, a different sympathy almometic sometimes used in emergency management, is a major risk. Ephedrin promotes the release of endogenous norbinefhrine from nerve terminals, which does rely on monoamine oxidase for breakdown.
Speaker 1: So administering ephedrine to an MAOI patient will cause that feared hypertensive crisis. But the lytokane with epinephrine in your syringe is metabolically safe. That is a critical distinction between exogenous administration and endogenous release.
Speaker 2: Very critical.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's examine the prescriptions we generate chair side ns ads and antibiotics. The dictionary lists several absolute contraindications for nsides like ibuprofen or neproxin. You cannot prescribe them to patients taking allandronic acid, systemic cortichosteroids, or sucral fate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all three of those systemic medications inherently compromise the integrity of the gastrointestinal mucosa. NSAIDs function by inhibiting the cyclogenes enzymes, particularly kox one, which is responsible for synthesizing the protective prostic landins that maintain the stomach's mucosal barrier.
Speaker 1: So you combine them and its disaster.
Speaker 2: Right. When you combine an NSAID with abysphosphinit or a steroid, you completely strip away the gastric defenses, creating a synergistic catastrophic risk for severe peptic ulceration and massive gastrointestinal hemorrhage.
Speaker 1: When the prostaglandin inhibition isn't just a gastintestinal issue either, it heavily impacts renal hemodynamics. Nsais actively antagonize the hypotensive effects of blood pressure medications like methyl dopa and przosin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the kidneys rely on those same prostaglandins to maintain renal blood flow and facilitate sodium excretion. By inhibiting prostaglandin synthesis, n sides cause renal vasoconstriction and sodium retention, directly counteracting the pharmacological mechanisms of the anti hypertensis.
Speaker 1: So you can significantly elevate a patient's blood pressure over the course of a few days, just by prescribing ibuprofen for post operative pains easily. What about the antibiotic cascades. We know tetracyclines are notoriously unstable in the gastriin testinal tract.
Speaker 2: They are highly susceptible to chellation. If a patient is taking aluminium hydroxide as a daily antacid, or a polysaccharide iron complex for anemia, the presence of those polyvalent medications in the gut is highly problematic.
Speaker 1: They bind together exactly.
Speaker 2: The tetracyclin molecules bind tightly to the aluminum or iron ions, forming massive insoluble complexes that just cannot cross the intestinal mucosa. The antibiotic absorption is completely integated, It passes through the GI tract unabsorbed, and your odontogenic infection continues to spread unhindered.
Speaker 1: Wow, And you know, if we're doing sedation, we have to look at metazolam and diazepam too. They rely heavily on hepatic clearance. The dictionary highlights severe interactions with drugs like verapamil, a calcium channel blocker, and rotonovir an HIV protase inhibitor. Now, a dentist might look at rotonovir, an antiviral drug, and assume it has absolutely zero overlap with the benzodiazepine sedative.
Speaker 2: You'd think so, but it comes down to the cytochrome P four fifty enzyme system in the liver. Specifically, the CYP three A four isoenzyme. Mitazoone is heavily dependent on CYP three A four for its metabolism and clearance from the bloodstream, and.
Speaker 1: Let me guess those drugs inhibit it.
Speaker 2: Both verapamil and rotonivir are potent inhibitors of that specific enzyme. If you administer a standard weight based dose of midazolam to a patient on retonivir, the livers simply cannot process it.
Speaker 1: So the sedative effects doesn't just last longer, it compounds.
Speaker 2: The plasma concentration of midazolam skyrockets, leading to prolonged, profound sedation and a massive risk of severe respiratory depression. You are navigating blind if you don't account for a paddic enzyme inhibition.
Speaker 1: So what's the protocol there?
Speaker 2: The clinical protocol mandates drastically lowered doses of the sedative titrated incredibly slowly with continuous pulse oxymmetry and cabnography monitoring.
Speaker 1: That brings us perfectly to the logistical reality of treating these patients. How do these complex pharmacological profiles dictate the physical chair side management? Let's analyze the diabetic patient. We're looking at oral antidiabetics, sulfonylurias like libin chlamide, or big one eyes like met Foreman. The primary acute threat during a dental appointment is a hypoglycemic crisis right ll Yes.
Speaker 2: Dental anxiety often completely disrupts a patient's routine. They skip breakfast because they're nervous or because they mistakenly believe they need an empty stomach for a local anisset of procedure, but they still take their glibin comide, Their endogenous insulin spikes, the LOGOS drops, and they crash in the chair. The logistical management requires scheduling these patients in the early to mid morning, during the most stable phase of their glycemic cycle, verifying chlored intake before ever reclining the chair, and having oral glucose gells immediately accessible.
Speaker 1: But the dictionary points out something wild. Our own prescriptions can actively manipulate their glycemic control. High dose aspirin and certain enosides can actually induce hypoglycemia in patients taking sulfonuluria.
Speaker 2: Yeah nisides are highly protein bound in the plasma. They can physically displace the sulfonilaria molecules from the plasma proteins.
Speaker 1: So it makes the diabetic drug stronger.
Speaker 2: This sudden increase in the unbound active fraction of the diabetic drug artificially amplifies its effect, driving the blood glucose down danger low WOW. Conversely, if you prescribe a short course of corticosteroids to manage severe post operative edema, steroids stimulate gluconeogenesis and induce peripheral insulin resistance. They aggressively antagonize the diabetic medication, causing a sharp spike in hyperglycemia. You cannot prescribe blindly in the population.
Speaker 1: Let's apply that same logistical scrutiny to the respiratory patient someone presenting with severe asthma or COPD managed with broncho dilators like aminofolline or sealbutamol. From a purely mechanical standpoint, positioning is critical.
Speaker 2: Very you must avoid placing these patients in a fully supline position. When they are laid flat, the adominal viscera compress against the.
Speaker 1: Diaphragm, which makes breathing harder.
Speaker 2: For a patient whose forced expiratory volume is already severely compromised by broncho constriction or alveolar degradation, that mechanical pressure against the diaphragm can rapidly induce respiratory distress. You have to maintain them in a semi supine or upright position to allow maximum diaphramatic excursion.
Speaker 1: The dictionary also highlights two significant chemical triggers for asthmatics that we utilize constantly. First, a well documented cross reactivity or a significant percentage of asthmatic patients possess an intrinsic allergy to aspirin, which can precipitate an immediate severe bronchospasm. Second, the hidden trap in our local anesthetic cartridges sulfite preservatives.
Speaker 2: This is a huge one. Epinephrine is highly unstable and oxidizes rapidly. To prevent this, manufacturers add sodium metabosulfite to any local anesthetic cartridge containing a vasoconstrictor O. A subset of asthmatic patients are severely allergic to these sulfide preservatives, So the very injection you are using to achieve profound anesthesia could instantly trigger a severe asthmatic crisis.
Speaker 1: So what's the workaround?
Speaker 2: If they have a known sulfite allergy? You are restricted to using plain local anesthetics without epinephrine like three percent mapivacane, which dramatically reduces your working time and eliminates surgical heat.
Speaker 1: Mosttases and additionally, the physical tools we use can compromise their airway. Placing a rubber dam is the standard of care for ENDO and restorative isolation, but it completely includes the oral airway. For a severe asthmatic or a COPD patient who relies on accessory oral breathing, a rubber dam can severely embarrass their respiration. If isolation is non negotiable for the procedure, the protocol mandates providing supplemental oxygen via a nasal canula throughout the entire appointment to maintain their oxygen saturation.
Speaker 2: And Logistical management is also about infection control, particularly with tuberculosis. If a patient's medical history reveals active TB, management with drugs like if ambatol isoni acid or rafambitsin the protocol is absolute. Elective dental care is strictly contraindicated.
Speaker 1: You postpone everything until they are medically cleared. But they present with an acute dental emergency like a severe facial swelling or intractable pain, you're obligated to tree.
Speaker 2: In that emergency scenario. You have to manage the aerosolization risk. The high speed hand piece and ultrasonic scaler create a massive aerosol cloud that can easily disseminate the mycobacteria throughout the operatory. Right, you must utilize a rubber dam to isolate the operating field from the pulmonary tract, assuming their airway can tolerate it and operate under high volume evacuation with full N ninety five particulate respirators and fee shields.
Speaker 1: We've mapped out a massive amount of pharmacological data today from receptor pathways to hepatic enzyme inhibition. So to solidify these concepts for you listening, let's run a quick clinical review exercise. Say you are treating a patient who requires a surgical abstraction of a mendimular molar. Their medical history indicates they are currently taking a subutalol, a non selective beta blocker, and benjo fluizide, a thighzid diuretic. Based on the Drug Dictionary for dentistry, what are your specific limitations regarding local anesthesia and what highly common class of post operative analgesics must use absolutely avoid prescribing.
Speaker 2: Well, let's synthesize the pathways we've discussed. For the local anesthesia, the presence of the non selected beta blocker and the non potassium spearing diuretic triggers the rigid three cartridge maximum rule for epinephrin.
Speaker 1: Because of the blood pressure spike right.
Speaker 2: Exactly Exceeding this limit forces the exogenous epinephrine to bind to the alpha one receptors while the beta two receptors are blocked, risking a catastrophic spike in peripheral vascular resistance and systolic blood pressure. Simultaneously, the ebenephrine will aggressively drive extracelluar potassium into the cells, compounding the diuretic, induce hypokalemia and exposing the patient to severe cardiac arrhythmius.
Speaker 1: And for the post operative pain management, you must completely avoid prescribing any nsades, including abuprofen or naoproxin.
Speaker 2: The NSAS will inhibit the renal prostag landins required for renal blood flow, directly antagonizing the hypotensive effects of both the beta blocker and the diuretic. Furthermore, combining an NSAID with a THIAZI diuretic heavily compounds the risk of acute nephrotoxicity. You would need to rely on paracetamol potentially combined with the centrally acting analgetic, carefully weighing the patient's hepatic and respiratory status.
Speaker 1: That is the essence of applied clinical pharmacology. You aren't just reciting side effects. You know, you're actively engineering a safe biological pathway through a compromised systemic environment.
Speaker 2: Because knowledge in this field is only valuable when it dictates action. And the final clinical reality we have to acknowledge is that this environment is evolving faster than ever before. We are already seeing the leading edge of biologics entering the dictionary monoclonal antibodies like palavizoomap as.
Speaker 1: The medical field transitions away from traditional small molecule drugs and accelerates into highly complex, genetically targeted immunotherapies, and biologics. The dental landscape is going to shift radically. The systemic baseline of your patients is going to become exponentially more complex.
Speaker 2: We are rapidly approaching an era where referencing a printed dictionary while enough. The future of clinical dentistry will likely require running real time chair side pharmacogenomic profiles.
Speaker 1: Like seeing how their genes will react.
Speaker 2: Exactly analyzing how a patient's specific genetic expression will metabolize and react to our interventions before we can safely administer a single drop of lytokine. The intersection of systemic medicine and dental surgery is only going to deepen.
Speaker 1: Because in the modern clinic, what fixes the bone might just break the system. Something for you to think about until next time. Keep digging deeper