Speaker 1: For a shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of idiotology. We let chintaco one on one one w jr R. But you're freaking idiots. Commute notes, big problems. Ninety five southbound at one ninety two, shutdown, shut.
Speaker 2: Down, nobody now again?
Speaker 3: What is it? Ninety five southbound at one two? Right about fifteen minutes left to vote for you say we played this morning Sublime. It's the featured band. You go to the JR Facebook page. Three songs there, tell us which one of the three you'd like us to play at nine. We'll do that the one with the most votes place yep.
Speaker 2: And then we randomly spin the wheel of random and just pick somebody. Well, we just spin the wheel of random, I should say, and we randomly picked somebody to win tickets to Metallica.
Speaker 3: How's that? That's perfect? Couldn't have said it better myself?
Speaker 1: J R.
Speaker 3: Our Facebook page. Fifteen minutes check. All right, let's begin In Sandy, Utah. Man arrested after police say he intentionally crashed a car he recently bought into the storefront of the dealership in Sandy. Oh. This is the Lemon Guy Yeah, that would be Timdale Mazda Southtown this past Monday morning.
Speaker 2: Why is it the car places a bunch of them put the person's name on it, like that's tim Dale Mazda, and then you'll see, you know, insert name here because they're the owners of the dealership. I don't know if it's an ego thing or anyway. I understand if there's somebody famous to do it, you know.
Speaker 3: Thirty five year old Michael Murray was clearly not thrilled with the vehicle. The used vehicle he had bought hours earlier, said it immediately started giving him mechanical issues mere hours after buying it. Man he went back to the dealership in hopes of returning the vehicle, which he called a lemon. However, Timdale Mazda Southtown management said they won't take the car back because it was sold as is no warranty. I always love that red flag when you're have you been used car shopping? You see that it's the white piece of paper as is no warranty.
Speaker 2: The hours after, give the dog a bump, a little bit of a roll.
Speaker 3: Of the dice with that. Now, granted, that's probably going to be reflective in the price that it's a little lower than some of the ones that might have a little peace of mind that come with the sale. But, like you said, hours afterwards, so he goes back and you're like, sorry, buddy, as is.
Speaker 1: So he.
Speaker 3: Then told them exactly what he was going to do. You won't take it. I'm gonna smash it your window. Now this is where the stories diverge. The management claims that at this point they were like, sit down, we can figure this out and find a solution. We don't need to be doing that. Hold on, wait, did he crash through the store. He's sure as hell did, and that then they sat down. No, no, he threatened to do it, and they were like, wait, hold on a second, we can work this out. And then he's like, you know, the guy stormed off, comes back, and I was back in the showroom in the car. I have kind of always wanted to do that.
Speaker 2: You see the car plow through the big glass windows into all the other ones. I forget what movie it was, and I know we'll get bombarded. But where they take the tank right through. Oh I know what it was. It was Roadhouse, don't worry, got texting, I got it.
Speaker 3: Remember the years ago. The dude who crashed the car through the Altamont wall into.
Speaker 2: The didn't he go right in? I think it was where they presently confines.
Speaker 3: It was on to the second level and uh drove right through the glass stores, down the breezeway and over to the overhang, I think. And uh yeah, I totally total Blues Brothers deal.
Speaker 4: Uh huh, as is probably coming from one of those restaurants around there.
Speaker 3: You know, did you know there's such a thing as the Microsoft Excel World Championships?
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on, back to back to the lemon. Somebody said lemon laws only apply to new vehicles.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah, no, I get that. It's this guy though. He was referring to the used car as a lemon, just basically because they wanted the thing off the lot clearly. Yeah, and he was the sucker.
Speaker 2: As soon as it's shaking and rattling down the road, they're going sig sucker.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now what there's such a thing as the Microsoft Excel World Championships? What they were just held in Vegas?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: You mean like nerd Fest? And we've got a new spread spreadsheet king. His name is Michael Jarman from Canada.
Speaker 2: Is he just keeping nice clean spreadsheet. I guess they This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. He took out the three time defending champ, the Annihilator from Australia.
Speaker 4: You know that guy is over there. Oh yeah, it's the Annihilator.
Speaker 2: He's three time champ and he's competent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he flew in from Australia. Dude. I remember this was ten years ago or something where I got I don't know how the task got put on me, but it was having to plug in data point into an Excel spreadsheet.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: I screwed up every time.
Speaker 3: And and it was it was it had to do with tracking ratings and stuff. And I would sit there and I can't do that in this cell, and I get these messages and to the point where I guess, is the statue of limitations up? This was before we lost our jobs, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, anything before there, we're good. Now we've paid our penance for that.
Speaker 3: I just started plugging numbers in wherever it would take a bit.
Speaker 2: Seriously.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, No one was looking at this. It was just one of these you know, controlling exercises that you know sometimes it's put on an employee. No one ever said a damn thing.
Speaker 2: See if you would have had the Annihilator by the side, you would have jumped in and Joe, huh spreadsheet? Do you walk in the meetings like? You know when they say do you have do they still do that in interview?
Speaker 3: Which do you have word knowledge? Are you so familiar with the Microsoft Suite of Application? There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they asked that this guy's I'd be at the annihilator.
Speaker 3: Hey, I guess you know, if you love your job and you're really good at it, you know, why not show up at the hyper x arena somebody a packed house and show off your your talents.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, look at him.
Speaker 2: Go I can't wait to meet him back at the bar and have his children spreadsheet groupies. I'm going to Excel spreadsheet for him. There's a ton of Somebody said, there's a ton of coding in Excel, so so like a coding championship. I'm sure still geek fastl right right. Finally, there's this, Uh somebody said, I happened to see a TikTok video of that Excel competition and wouldn't believe the size of the crowd watching.
Speaker 3: Right, that's what I'm saying. That hot towsand said, who hey, I know what we can do. What are you doing Saturday afternoon? Bob not that did you lose your mind?
Speaker 2: Quit trying to get me to go to the Excel spread drinking and get us free tickets. Dude, you gotta see the annihilator in person.
Speaker 3: Numbers and percentages, and.
Speaker 2: He wears a leather injections, wears a leather jacket with a kangaroo on the back.
Speaker 3: The formulas that go into these things, man. That this, of course being all said by a couple of bozos who were the dudes in class taking this kind of stuff going. When am I ever gonna need this in real life? In an algebra?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say, excuse empce squid whatever, I'm going surfing. That's what I did, because that's when I took self at Valencia, which is no pace exactly.
Speaker 3: I made no progress.
Speaker 2: Every day I'd drive out to Valencia, I c you know what, W waves are pretty good and Cocoa Beach is only that far. Yeah, yeah, I'll do this tomorrow. Then I go the next day, same thing.
Speaker 3: Finally, this an Italian bus driver who was fired after being caught singing and playing the piano at a wine bar while he was supposedly off sick from work, convinced a court to get his job back. Run that by me again. Italian bus driver got fired because he was caught singing and playing the piano in a wine bar while he was supposedly off sick from work. Now he claimed in front of the court that his off sick from work time was due to anxiety and depression, and argued successfully. I might add that going the wine bar and singing and playing the piano helped with the symptoms of his anxiety and depression.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wine really helps both those, maybe the anxiety but not the depression.
Speaker 3: Give him his job back.
Speaker 2: Somebody texted in this is why I had to repeat that because I was reading this text. Car into the mall was upper level food court entrance, went down the This is from a cop who was with the police, went down the escalator quote unquote, God told him to do it. I wait, I worked for the PD at the time. I thank you for what you did.
Speaker 3: Vividly remember the video Fantastic Man, the iHeartRadio app from the Bogann's