Speaker 1: Hey, what's up.
Speaker 2: I'm Ben and I'm Nicole and you're listening to Wicked and.
Speaker 1: Grim, potentially the world's only true crime podcast recorded in a tiny home. Good Morning. The following podcast contains intent and material intended before a mature audience. Listener Discretion advised. Welcome, Hello, what's up?
Speaker 2: Ah? You hear that bear?
Speaker 1: I got beer in my hand?
Speaker 2: Beer bear wiping on your bean bag?
Speaker 1: No, that's my chill bean bag.
Speaker 2: We are officially living in our tiny home.
Speaker 1: We are recording in our loft studio, which I mean, it's really janky right now. We got stuff everywhere. We got to make this work, but we're recording in here for now, and we're living full time in a tiny home.
Speaker 2: Well as officially today, really officially today. So it's not the world's best setup. And we have shit literally everywhere, but literally everyone literally. But in a week ask us again and we'll be sit and comfy. I think, I hope.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I hope, so I really do. But we'll find out in time. But until then, we just got to got to do the work, put around the tiny home, do our thing and find out what we'll and won't work for us.
Speaker 2: But it feels so cozy and so chill and and so home. Yeah. Well instantly we're just calling it like home. Even when we're in our other one, we're like, we want to go home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly what it was. I want to go home. Yeah, I feel that I got to take a sip in my beer.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's kind of a situation.
Speaker 1: Hey, in a bean bag chaired, laying down with the microphone in my face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like halfling down, half sitting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, i'd say that.
Speaker 2: But it's very cool, and we're very tired.
Speaker 1: Very NonStop. I tweaked my back so that hurts. Yeah, it's just NonStop work. And yeah, it's brutal.
Speaker 2: I think. I don't know. You always think that you're more organized than you actually are.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My mum was saying, like, if you have a task or something that you're doing and you expect it to take X amount of time, add like three times to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I definitely thought we were more ready and more organized, and then it was just a complete shit show in the end.
Speaker 1: Nope, not happening.
Speaker 2: But we did it.
Speaker 1: We did it, and we're here and now we're podcasting, and we changed things up super last minute on what episode we're doing today?
Speaker 2: Did because I did kind of a little hint or not a hint. What was it. It was just a saying that we were doing a.
Speaker 1: Texas for the next episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, a Texas case. But we're doing a curveball here.
Speaker 1: We are because there is a case that is taking the world by storm right now, it really is, and that is the case of Gabby Patito. So we're going to talk about her and what we know of her case today. And we had some people message us being like you should totally cover this case. We already knew about it, so thank you guys for messaging us, and we were like, you know what, these guys are asking for it, let's do it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I've actually been really following it because it's on I don't know, it's on all the news stations. Really, like it's hard to miss this case. It's quite prominent in all the news.
Speaker 1: Oh definitely, and like.
Speaker 2: Crazy and it's wild. Sorry really, oh it is.
Speaker 1: So if you're in the true crime world, you probably know this already, and if you're listening to this podcast, you're probably in the true crime world, because let's admit it, everyone who's in the true crime world listens to Wicked and Grim. Oh my gosh, boats mcgoats yoats. So you ready to get down to Gabby Patito.
Speaker 2: I am yeah. I know a little bit of the story, but you do real deep. So let's do it.
Speaker 1: So, to start off those who don't know Gabby Patito's case, it is an ongoing case. It is currently unsolved, it is currently under investigation.
Speaker 2: It's very fresh.
Speaker 1: Some major stuff came out, like literally this weekend. So we're going to go and cover what the base is so far, and maybe we'll do a part two down the road in a few months when things resolve itself. Yeah, so yeah, you ready.
Speaker 2: I am, okay, very ready, let's do this.
Speaker 1: So. Gabby Patito is a twenty two year old woman who was born on March nineteenth, nineteen ninety nine, in Blue Point in Suffolk County, New York. I think it's how you say that.
Speaker 2: That's really young. Hey it is twenty two. That's like a.
Speaker 1: Baby, right, an any bitty little little adult just getting into child or out of the childhood, into the free world. Just finding yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally so well.
Speaker 1: She attended the Bayport Blue Point High School where she graduated and became or began to take some college courses. She actually became a nutritionist.
Speaker 2: Oh really, she did good for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she did leave that behind though. We'll get into what she left it behind for though. Okay, So, like I said, though, in truth, she was only really just discovering the world, being twenty two years old, just kind of out of school really, so she's basically just getting her first taste of life. She has a world of life ahead of her and she's just discovering it. She really seemed to understand this though. She kind of had the perspective that she is just going out into life, and she had a passion for life. She loved social media. She loves sharing her life and adventures travels with anyone who'd watch or listens it or sit down and even indulge in the slightest of stories. Okay, she loved sharing on social media.
Speaker 2: It is I mean a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, we can definitely understand that perspective. We're doing the same sort of thing. So good on you, Gabby. We totally gets Yeah. Oh I just hit a light behind him. I forgot that was there. Not bad. Got to learn my surroundings we will, we will in time, in time, though clearly a Gabby didn't really I totally messed that sentence up. Hold on, I got a back up. Okay, So clearly I don't really personally know Gabby. That's what I was trying to say. I wrote it really weird, So I personally don't really know her or at all. I just read about her. But it's very easy to find, like reading about her, that she's got quite this like bohemian soul. Okay, she feels free most when she's like just doing her thing, being outside traveling. We've already discussed that. We can't get that. So yeah, yeah, So that's that's Gabby in a nutshell right there. Now, Gabby has been dating someone since March of twenty nineteen, and the two of them got engaged in twenty twenty. The lucky dude who is to take the hand of Gabby in marriage was someone by the name of Brian Lawdry.
Speaker 2: Okay, so they've been engaged like a year, yes, Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, there was a report by Gabby's mom saying that they broke off the engagement because they felt they were too young for it. Okay, but I mean that we don't know that. There's nothing official saying that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because there was like some reports seemed like it said they were engaged in some they didn't and stuff.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but so they may still be engaged.
Speaker 2: They may not, but still they did at one point in time, so that's still a big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, the engagement happened, the proposal, the whole thing. Yeah, she may have even been wearing the ring still, whether it was an engagement maybe just turned into a promised ring sort of situation, I don't know. Brian was born on July third, nineteen eighty four, making him thirty seven years old.
Speaker 2: Holy okay, I didn't realize there was that much of an age difference there.
Speaker 1: He was fifteen years older than Gabby.
Speaker 2: Oh my work, Hey what year was he born?
Speaker 1: Eighty four?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so he's even like older than us.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's got four years on us.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Okay, I had no idea about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, surprise, motherfucker. Whoa Yeah, now, you know. So he's definitely doing a little bit of a cradle robin there. I personally think that's a bit of a gap.
Speaker 2: That's quite a gap.
Speaker 1: But they are both adults, so.
Speaker 2: If they have similar interests.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not going to knock its. He just ain't for me, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's quite the age gap, definitely. I mean, okay, at that age it's not tear really. But then I always just think about, like what if someone's, say seventy, and then the other person's only like fifty five or something like. That's like a huge That just it makes it seems even more because one person's almost like you're getting to the where your health might not be good, and the other person's like just hitting retirement and like wanting to travel and all that jazz. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's true at.
Speaker 2: Different stages of life. I think it would be a lot more evident, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 1: But also in that sense that's at that stage difference at would you say sixty five and seventy.
Speaker 2: Something like that, fifty five and seventy fifty five.
Speaker 1: And seventy Wait does that math add up? I can't math right now?
Speaker 2: That's fifteen years, right, I don't know it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I'm tired. Okay, I'm like really tired. I can't. I can't math now that probably won't be able to math tomorrow even after I sleep. But like, okay, yeah, someone's just retiring and the other person is like, Okay, they're not looking at being able to travel a whole lot. But you both have a lot more years under your belt, you know what I mean. Yeah, I gets you're the age difference is a percentile smaller in your total of life, whereas like the age difference in them is like one third of Gabby's entire life more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, we'll think about it. When she was like ten, yeah, he would be like.
Speaker 1: What twenty five, Yeah, that's kind of fucked.
Speaker 2: So there's just like different stage. Like I feel like twenty two and thirty seven isn't like the worst ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But either way, like like like you said, Gap, they're adults. They can do what they want.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the couple moved to Northport, Florida, where they then shared their engagement with the world on Gabby's Instagram, which is Gab's Potito. She wrote, Brian asked me to marry him, and I said yes, you make me or sorry, you make life feel unreal and every day is such a dream with you.
Speaker 2: Oh that's really nice actually.
Speaker 1: And then he wrote my biggest fear is that one day I'll wake up and I will have it will all have been a dream, because it is what every second has felt like since the moment we found each other. Till death do us part or until I wake up, I'm so happy. The answer was yes, love you, honey.
Speaker 2: Oh my word. Uh yeah, that's really nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although there is one little I don't think it's foreshadowing by any means, but it is a little ominous part in there that says till death do us part, dun dun dun. So yeah, if you don't know this case, that might be a little bit of a heads up for you there and what may be happening here. So Gabby, like I said, free soul, just like any other free soul, she has a dream of traveling across the country in a van. Oh love that lifestyle work. I mean, we're kind of living that sort of lifestyle and a tiney home, just minus the traveling.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I've already said that once we're settled in here, i'd one day like to ta get a van.
Speaker 1: That would be ideal. I would be down for that.
Speaker 2: I think that'd be awesome.
Speaker 1: On one condition. What there better be chocolate milk and beer in that van.
Speaker 2: Oh okay. I thought you were going to say beer, and I was like, yeah, I'll be beer, chocolate milk. I'll have to see about the chocolate milk.
Speaker 1: Chocolate milk is life. Hey, if there's no chocolate milk, then there's no this. There's no U and me.
Speaker 2: You don't have chocol milk here right now.
Speaker 1: It's probably because they drank it. No, we got to get the chocolate milk in the tiny home. Okay. But yeah, of course, traveling across the States in a van that would be amazing and she wanted to document the trip and share it with the world along the way. So, of course in a van you're free, free from debt, bills, jobs, cities, towns, and anything like literally anything that weighs you down. It's just like camping. And why do we go camping? Why do we literally go off in tents in the bush and live like cave man for the weekend? Do you know?
Speaker 2: To be free?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it disconnects us from things that weigh us down in life. Right, it's so relaxing, Like you say, to be free, free, So that's exactly why. So on July second, Gabby and Brian embarked on the journey across the USA in a van to live out her dream life. That's exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: So was it also his dream life?
Speaker 1: I assume it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a lot of people wanting to spend their time like that.
Speaker 1: Right, Who wouldn't want to go travel for months on end?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay? And sorry? July second, July second, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Uh so they were actually back in Blue Point, New York, where Gabby's originally from. They were there celebrating her younger brother's graduation from high school, and that's when they decided that from there it would start their journey. Nice, So after the celebrations, on the second they kicked it off, they left their four month cross country journey.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Okay, that's like actually a long time.
Speaker 1: Event.
Speaker 2: It was just going to be like the US yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, the trip was actually starting like from New York and it was expected to conclude in October in Oregon.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So that's a trip and a half.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's like a lot of time to see so many things. Yes, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: What kind of like what kind of things are there really to see on that route. Like, I'm not saying there's not you, there's a lot. I'm just asking like, like what things would people want to see? What is there to see?
Speaker 2: Like I want to know, Oh, yeah, there's there's probably I wonder if there's anywhere you can find like what their agenda was going to be, because that'd be cool.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they had a specific agenda, but there is free well I do know what they had, like we're going to stop in this city, this city, but I'm sure that they're like, oh, we're going to spend an extra couple of days here because we're having fun, Like that's what a trip should be.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, Oh my gosh, I just feel like there's so much as like I feel like New York, Las Vegas. Even my voice is really rasp so I'm not sure why even like, well, we've talked about doing the Oregon coast, oh doubt. Yeah, right down to San Francisco and stuff would be just amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And Gabby really seemed to like beaches from her social media. Oh okay, maybe that's just because beaches bake fucking awesome photos. I don't know, or maybe she just loves them. But yeah, so I should look it up, see what kind of routes are I see what's on that way. Maybe we can do that tripper ourselves one time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll plan our next trip.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Just please don't make us a podcast episode on a true crime I know, just the worst. Yeah. So, two days after they started their journey, on July fourth, Gabby had posted the first photo to social media. The picture was of her between two huge rock walls, which is a rock formation, like a monument rock. It's a monument. So there we go, the monument rocks at Natural Landmark in Grove County, Kansas. Okay, so it's her kind of posing in between these two like great big rock wall sort of things. Really good photo looks awesome. And then the same day there was another photo that was all so posted that that was Brian sitting on top of their van with those same rocks in the background.
Speaker 2: Okay, and these photos are both on her Instagram.
Speaker 1: You know, I never actually looked which account was specifically these photos were posted to, but you can find her Instagram and she's got a lot of these photos posted. It's either between just her account or her and his account.
Speaker 2: Okay, I definitely want to check them out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I was going off a lot of different articles and someone was like, here's the Instagram post, and it would show it and I just never really paid attention to if it was her his account, So you can go take a look for sure. Each couple basically got their their shot to shine on social media for their first kick off the trip. Right, it was like, this is our trip. Here we both are and this is going to be the whole memorable travel across the states.
Speaker 2: Sert of situation, live in like the dream life. So many people would want to be following that. Many people do I would.
Speaker 1: I mean, especially being locked up in an office the whole nine to five, even if you're looking at that small four inch screen, seeing these monuments, seeing that trip, it's living vicariously through someone who's doing that right.
Speaker 2: Well. Also with COVID, I think a lot of people are desperate to get some travel in their life at the moment.
Speaker 1: That's true. I never really thought of it that way, but yeah, totally, because.
Speaker 2: I feel desperate. I'm seeking for myself.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, yeah, I feel the same. So don't worry there, You're not alone. So that their social media continued to be update as their trip progressed. They made their way through sand dunes and Colorados to hot springs in Utah, and of course several campsites along the whole way, you know, to stop and sleep and camp, and you've got to sleep somewhere. And that's the whole point of van life is you're living out of the van and campsites and place to place to place. Right, So, yeah, that was kind of how it worked, and off they went. Did you just burn?
Speaker 2: Okay? Well, no, it's just like I guess it's an inner Okay.
Speaker 1: Can you explain to people what an inner burp is?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 2: Well, it's like what I do? I don't know. It's like more of like a throat gurgle. I don't think I'm alone in this situation. Is that not how you describe it?
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, but just always makes me just laugh, like it's an inner burp? Like what the fuck is an inner?
Speaker 2: You? There's people out there that are gonna know exactly what I mean, how I describe that.
Speaker 1: I know what you mean. It's just a really weird description.
Speaker 2: It's just like a gurgle, like I can't really like a wordly burp like you can that's like I can burp on command. Yeah you can. Oh my gosh, let's not go there.
Speaker 1: I can do the abs.
Speaker 2: No, we're not doing that. No one wants to do that. Ship.
Speaker 1: I'm sure someone out there wants to hear it.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll save that for a later day.
Speaker 1: Okay, So burping aside, We're gonna get back to the case here. We're moving on to July eighteenth. They actually created their website Nomadic static dot com.
Speaker 2: Oh, they had a whole website.
Speaker 1: They have a whole website.
Speaker 2: Okay, so what is this for?
Speaker 1: Then? You know, there's not a whole lot on their website. If I'm going to be honest here, I'm going to just bring it up real quick just to kind of Oh I don't have Wi Fi.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, look at we're like really living the life. We don't even have right, Yeah, I might.
Speaker 1: Have the tab open. Oh yeah. So it's just kind of like a homepage. Oh okay, so far and it's like a sign in there is.
Speaker 2: I have a question actually now that you kind of just showed me the van. Okay, yeah, did they kind of like just buy it as is or did they redo kind of the inside to make it different.
Speaker 1: Now I couldn't find anything on if they purchased it. I'm going to assume they're renting it.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, And it's already set up, like with the sleeping area and kitchen, and I think Jazz.
Speaker 1: I don't think there is a sleeping area in it. This one's a smaller one. They were tinting it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: So there's there's some log stuff and such where they're in a tent, and like their kitchen and that sort of stuff was in the van.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, if you're under the van, I think it's the bed. The whole. Sitch just needs to.
Speaker 1: Be in the whole. You guys should have just saw what Nicole did. She had like the six the whole, like you know when you do like the okay thing with your fingers. Okay, okay, she just did that, but like a fancy way. She's like the whole fitch.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty fancy.
Speaker 1: It was like a pinky finger in the air sort of situation. Okay. So noumadic Static was a website. You can go check it out. There's not a whole lot there. That was posted on July eighteenth, and then we moved down the road a little bit here after some more travels onto August twelfth, where they found themselves in the Arches National Park in Utah. Police officers responded to an incident regarding Gabby and Brian.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is like one month or so, slightly over one month after they started this journey, right, yes, yeah, okay, So.
Speaker 1: They started July second, and we're on to August eighteenth.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so like a month and a half really, yep.
Speaker 1: So someone ended up calling an incident to the police regarding the two, and police arrived at a pull out on the side of a highway to find Gabby and Brian arguing intently.
Speaker 2: That's so interesting.
Speaker 1: Now there is bodycam footage of this, so you can go watch some footage and see for yourself. I'm going to kind of give us a bit of a rundown on this, and some of it is kind of my opinion, okay, And I'm going to try and stay neutral on this, okay, So don't come at me if you don't like what I say. I'm just kind of trying to deliver like some backs here and maybe a little bit of my opinion on it, my point of view.
Speaker 2: So Okay, we'll you give us a warning, so that's fair.
Speaker 1: Not that it's anything bad, don't get me wrong there, but just oh.
Speaker 2: Well, I was expecting something really juicy with that morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah ish, So anyways, let's get into it. So the two were separated and questioned about what was going on. Gabby told officers that the two had been fighting all morning. She had been stressed with trying to accomplish some of her social media items on her to do list, her task sort of thing, and she was also dealing with some OCD about cleaning in the van. So she was apologizing to Brian about getting frustrated and getting angry, but Brian was kind of getting pissed off back, like you know, people get angry, you start feeding off each other.
Speaker 2: I feel like this is just described us this morning pretty much about cleaning the house.
Speaker 1: This doesn't describe us though, because I didn't lock you out of the house. Brian locked Gabby out of the van at one point, oh boy, and he told her that she wasn't going to be let back into the van unless she calmed down.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's like a bit harsh.
Speaker 1: Maybe it definitely is. So Brian's story was very similar to Gabby's. There was no major discrepancies between the two. They seemed to both be honest about it and say what happened and owning shit.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: However, the story did include a physical altercation rather than just some arguing. Oh. At one point, Brian tried to quote unquote create distance between the two of them by pushing Gabby away, and in the encounter he gained some scratches on his neck and face.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, okay, was this like prior to the police arriving kind of thing?
Speaker 1: Then? Yes, So he's on the body cam footage, can see the police asking about asking him about these scratches.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: And they even at one point asked him to lift up his right arm shirt sleeve to take a look at his arm. Because I can't I couldn't quite make out what they were talking about or saying, yeah, they're looking for some bruising or some It almost seemed like the officer was looking for like defensive wounds or something to like show that there was like maybe she was fighting him off or something. That's what it seemed like to me, Like like the officer was like, okay, if there was like if he's on top of her or something like that might be a part where there's typically defense wounds. Oh okay, that's that's the impression I got from that moment.
Speaker 2: Okay, but there wasn't really.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't think so huh, go watch the body cam footage for yourself and you can take a look at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now I want to because I did see a little bit on the clips of that. But yeah, now that's interesting. Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So according to Brian, though, these scratches wasn't from Gabby like attacking him, although Gabby did at one point admit to hitting Brian. Okay, it was just kind of from what had happened in the moment. He said. It was like maybe fingernails or rings or something like just kind of you know, like he didn't even really notice it in the moment, just like, oh, what the fuck got me sort of thing. Yeah, so that's kind of the swing the low down on this. There seemed to be no major evidence to say that there was like really anything going on as far as like major altercations or a fight or a domestic so criminal charges weren't being laid. The officer actually told this is kind of where people might not like me. They told Gabby that no charges would be laid against her because she seemed like she would be the one, especially considering she admitted to hitting Brian. She would be the one who was the aggressor, okay, even though Brian did push her. So Gabby seemed to be the one who was the aggressor in the situation, seemed to be the one not saying it is yeah, seemed to be the one okay.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, because now that I'm thinking back, I only ever seen her footage of her talking to the police on the body camp, so I didn't see Brian's at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the whole body camp though I didn't. I couldn't find a link to the whole footage I did watch. I think it was about eight minutes of different chopped up videos and stuff. I think the body cam I think it was said it was supposed to be about an hour long.
Speaker 2: Holy moly, Okay, and that is just wild actually, Like I mean, like, okay, we've been married and together a long time and got married really young and stuff. Yeah, yep, you pissed me off like a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Like there is just many a times where I'm just like, holy shit. But even just that, I can't imagine. I can't imagine it's just like on the side of like a highway, like just going at it, where like police need to be called, you know, Like I feel like we would, we'd be able to figure that out.
Speaker 1: I think so too. But I'm pretty sure the picture you just painted everyone out there is just gonna think of a Compleay.
Speaker 2: No, not at all. No, I love you to Okay, I piss you off all the time. That's just like may that's just like a relationship.
Speaker 1: It's true, that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's just like so to me, I can't even like I guess be envision being stuck on the side of the road like fighting like that, Like yeah, to the extent where like people are calling the police on you.
Speaker 1: You know, that's true. Yeah, just wild. Well. I think the police did a fairly good job in this situation though, And the police did end up actually separating Gabby and Brian. Oh okay, so they separated them to talk, and they also said that we recommend like you guys are spending the night at.
Speaker 2: Different places, they're spending too much time together. Something the police thought.
Speaker 1: Maybe or just need to cool down for the evening whatever it was. And they also told them not to communicate with each other even via phones, no texting.
Speaker 2: No nothing, really preconvenient.
Speaker 1: Reconvene in the morning, okay.
Speaker 2: So they set up the whole plan for them to reconvene in the morning.
Speaker 1: Then. I don't know if the police set it up or if they did or what, but.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that's sounds so interesting.
Speaker 1: Okay, either way though, that's exactly what they did. They separated, and they were totally fine with that. They went I'm assuming hotels they went and stayed at for the night, cool and then reconvened in the morning and went back on their road trip.
Speaker 2: Okay. Interesting.
Speaker 1: So they moved on to August nineteenth, which is only a few days after this, which was August twelfth that the altercation occurred. So August nineteenth, a YouTube video was uploaded, a vlog which is primarily clips accumulated from the trip thus far and other adventures previously. I'm assuming because it looks like they're shots from the Santa Monica.
Speaker 2: Pier, which they wouldn't have.
Speaker 1: Been there so at least I don't think unless they went there and back or I don't know either way. There's a bunch of travel clips of them together. There's sunsets, there's sushi, there's arcades, beaches, sushi. That's what you pulled out of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got me?
Speaker 1: Well okay, Okay, I'm upset it shows up priorities because when I was researching this, I was like, oh, I want to go to an arcade, and I'm just like yep. Either way, they were all around enjoying life. They seem to be happy with their adventure and just life all together and being together.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they seem pretty happy and good for them.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: We are, however, going to get down a little bit more into some crazy timeline details here for a minute, because this is some important shit. Okay, So let's get to the nitty gritty. So we hit August twenty seventh. Gabby, Hold on, what am I? I got? Point for hm here? So I'm just trying to make sense out of this point form. Okay. Gabby sent a text to her mom that's saying she was headed to Yellowstone.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it?
Speaker 1: So that was August twenty seventh, and she also sent a snapchat to a friend that she was heading to Yellowstone. So that's two messages on our Agust twenty seventh, she was.
Speaker 2: Heading to She's gone to Yellowstone.
Speaker 1: August twenty ninth, Gabby was supposed to meet a friend in Yellowstone. However, she never showed up.
Speaker 2: Really really okay? August twenty ninth. Okay.
Speaker 1: August thirtieth, there was a text from Gabby's phone to a friend. She said that she was in She was in Salt Lake City. However, now police do want to note this that the text could have been delayed due to spotty cell service.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fair, she could have sent it earlier, Okakay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the last text to her mom, uh said no service in Yozamite. Her stepdad, however, said that they never planned to visit Yosamite.
Speaker 2: Okay, and what date was that on?
Speaker 1: That was August thirtieth as well. Oh okay, okay, But I mean plans do change plan especially.
Speaker 2: And like you said, they didn't seem like they had the whole trip completely planned. They were wanting to be like free a little though.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there was plans, but nothing set in stone, nothing definite. So that was August thirtieth, September first, Brian returns to Florida.
Speaker 2: No Gabby, which is not okay, Yep, she's just gone.
Speaker 1: They don't know where she is. And he's not speaking, not talking, no nothing, just tight lipped nothing.
Speaker 2: Which seems so fishy. Yep, like that just seems so fishy.
Speaker 1: Oh totally. So we get down to September eleventh. Now I couldn't find any information on the van in particular and how this worked. All I could find that the van was taken into custody. Okay, I don't know if it was still in possession of Brian. I don't know if it was parked somewhere and they just found it or what.
Speaker 2: But because I've heard mixed reports so that too. Some people say like drove it back and then some people say it was just parked or whatever. Because if he drove it back and stuff, but he wasn't really talking the place, it wouldn't make sense that he would give it back unless it was rented and like he returned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if like a rental company had it or yeah, maybe it was like his parents van, they had possession of it. I don't know. Yeah, but either way, the van was taken into custody Okay. Gabby was labeled as a missing person officially, and Brian requested a lawyer.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I just can't. Like, I just feel like if someone came home from a vacation and they didn't come home with the person they were supposed to come home with and they're not talking, I would just shake them, Like what right?
Speaker 1: I'd be slapping that dude. What the fuck is like? Talk? What the fucking he like? What happened?
Speaker 2: Don't be induced Like if he's trying to cover up something.
Speaker 1: Which it seems like he is, I'm not gonna say he is if he don't know.
Speaker 2: But here working is like almost just as bad.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, or really yeah, it's pretty much admitting something's wrong, that you did something or were involved or know something.
Speaker 2: Because it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So basically, since then, Gabby's story has, like I said, gone international, and Brian has refused to talk with media or investigators. Not a word nothing.
Speaker 2: Okay, but isn't it sorry if I'm interrupting here? His parents have kind of like guided him to be that way, haven't they.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Okay, I mean.
Speaker 2: Grant you. He's a thirty seven year old man. So yeah, at that age, do your parents guide you a lot. I mean, they have their opinion, but it's you're up to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean Brian was staying at his parents place, so it's very much possible.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Now we're hitting September eighteenth, a body was recovered in Grand Telton as Grand Telton National Park, though an autopsy is scheduled for later this week. The remains are quote unquote resist oh, I can't talk today, quote unquote, consistent with the description of the missing twenty two year old Gabby Patito, which I.
Speaker 2: Feel like just almost pretty much means it's her.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, the body has not been officially identified and the cause of death has not been confirmed, right, so clearly it's not a confirmation that that is Gabby. But here's the thing, it seems that kind of unofficial that it is. I've seen several reports of people being like rip Gabby and new sources talking about it a bit too. Now. That could be them jumping the gun.
Speaker 2: It could be.
Speaker 1: There's one thing, however, that sticks out to me that says maybe it's not jumping the gun. On the social media by the verified account for the Northport Police department reads, we are saddened and heartbroken to learn that Gabby has been found de ceased. Our focus from the start, along with the FBI and National Partners, has been to bring her home. We will continue to work with the FBI and search more, search for more answers.
Speaker 2: And that was on a verified police Facebook account. Seriously, yes, because I'm like, okay, like it might they might need some time because they have to notify family and like family has to deal with this and everything. Yes, because it's just freaking heartbreaking. I when I first heard about this story, it wasn't even that long ago, Like it just seems like it kind of really came out and now it's on everyone's top of mind. I was just like, oh my, like please find her, like please just like have that she's okay. But then everything just made me like God makes you feel like it wasn't going to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it sucks. I mean, I really don't want it to be Gabby, but I mean it's really seems like it is. Yeah. I mean, police aren't saying we don't know if it's Gabby or not. They're saying a body has been found or recovered consistent with the reports. Of what Gabby would look like. I'm assuming that's closed or any or whatever. They know what Gabby looks like. They have footage and photos of her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm like a super I don't know. I don't think I'm alone in this. But a lot of times, if there's like news stories, I am so into reading the comments. Oh yeah, like I cove always sad hours and times reading the comments though. Oh there's assholes online, definitely, But yeah, reading comments with this case, like every every comment is almost just like people pointing at Brian ye, like it's almost every comment.
Speaker 1: Well, there is some interesting foot that's been brought forward by a travel vlogger. Oh do you tell have you not heard of this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Well, this footage by a travel vlogger was also in the area of Grand Telton National Park where they're visiting Spread Creek Dispersed Campground on August twenty seventh, twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Okay, now do.
Speaker 1: You remember anything that I was talking about with August twenty seventh?
Speaker 2: Is that the date that she's told everyone she's going to Yellowstone or no.
Speaker 1: Yep, and then the next day she was or sorry. August twenty seventh was when she was going to Yellowstone. She was supposed to meet someone at in Yellowstone on the twenty ninth, and she never showed. Okay, so that's kind of looks like it's the window for her disappearance, right, So this vlogger just so happened to be in the same sort of area and at around six six thirty pm they came across Gabby and Brian's van parked in that campground really yep, and being travel vloggers, they had their camera rolling as they're pulling in, and they have full video of the van and plates parked in that campground on the twenty seventh, which is the exact same area the body was recovered and the same approximate time as a disappearance.
Speaker 2: Okay, but they and they didn't know really at the time.
Speaker 1: No, because of this news source and everything, right, everything came out in the media. These people are like, I'm pretty sure we saw that van, and they go back and it is that van. Oh my god, there it is right there.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so kind of convenient that they're there. But anyways, so it's no surprise Brian is currently the main person of interest in this case. Right now, while this is all unfolding. He was staying in his parents place, like I said, but as of right now, he has actually become a missing person too.
Speaker 2: Really yeah interesting.
Speaker 1: I know, right, a little convenient many think, But yeah, so he's he's officially missing. Brand's family told police that on September seventeenth, SORR. They told the police on September seventeenth that they had not seen him since Tuesday, which is almost a week. So he's been disappeared for a little bit of a time.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know if I should say this that they obviously knew.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, clearly they knew that he was out, he was gone somewhere, and yeah, well what he said, well, what the family said to police was that he left home with a backpack and then told him that he was going to Carlton Reserve, which is a twenty five thousand acre national reserve near Venice, Florida, and he was just going on a hike. So yeah, okay, he's just he's just out in a fucking hike. He's like, oh, yeah, you know, my fiance is just missing. The police are after me. I'm not going to say a word. The media is putting my name all over the world. And everything, and I'm gonna go on a hike.
Speaker 2: Fucket, I'm going on a hide out.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna like tell police what may or may not have happened. I'm just gonna go on a hike.
Speaker 2: Huh So, yeah, that seems really illogical.
Speaker 1: Actually, hey, I would say illogical personally.
Speaker 2: That's like running lots lately, with how our life has been so stressful alt times, I'm like, I'm going to just run away. Yeah, I think he's feel that.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's the main theory, that he's just running. He's just gone. He's just like peace out. He I mean, that's a that's a huge fucking place. It's twenty thousand acres and he's just off in the bush. He took a backpack, he's got supplies if he wants to hide, I'm sure he can hide for at least a little while.
Speaker 2: No, totally, Yeah, I wonder how his survival skills are.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure we'll find out the news.
Speaker 2: We very much so will.
Speaker 1: Although to be fair, I mean, he could have just gone into hikes try and get away from the stress, and something could have happened.
Speaker 2: That's true, So that's actually very true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, regardless of the police in Northport, Florida tweeted Saturday, and I just want to say, I fucking love, don't well, I don't know if I love. I just think it's hilarious that new sources and stuff are going to Facebook and Twitter. Like I was talking about the verified police account earlier and now we're talking about Twitter for which again the Northport Police, like that's just news sources nowadays social media, it's like, oh yeah, we're just going to the tweeter about it.
Speaker 2: Well, honestly, like if all of you news sits on my Facebook and that's where I get a.
Speaker 3: Lot of my news, I think that's a bit of a problem nowadays though, people people are getting their new sources from social media, and there's no regulation on who can cannot post to social media, so you can begin some fucking.
Speaker 2: Bad fucking and I think lots of their like titles or headlines or whatever kind of like click.
Speaker 1: Baity, oh yeah, and if people are just scrolling by.
Speaker 2: Just like yeah, uh so, yeah, the Northport Police are actually verified, So that's that's good though.
Speaker 1: But anyways, they tweeted on Saturday that authorities were researching or sorry, not researching. They are searching the reserve in an effort to find him, and they're including drones and bloodhounds and using articles of Brian's clothing so that bloodhounds can have the scent. Yeah, well, if.
Speaker 2: He's out there, I feel like he's gonna get found.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get got. Yeah, he's going to get got if he's out there.
Speaker 2: But I feel like, Okay, if he is running, then he probably isn't there.
Speaker 1: Do you think so?
Speaker 2: Well, because if say, if this was like a plan or whatever, and he's running away, like you would tell them where he wasn't.
Speaker 1: Why the fuck didn't I think of that? Of course, they're not gonna if he's running and the parents know, or even if Brian misinformed his parents, he's like, yeah, I'm gonna be here, and then he fucks off somewhere else, and if the parents do know that he's over here, they're like, oh, he's actually over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he could become the more completely different.
Speaker 1: Shit, you just why didn't I see that? You blew my mind?
Speaker 2: Wow? Can you do that lots of times? In my case? And I'm like, oh, yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Well i'ms on. Well, I's on. So as of right now. Though. Brian's parents place has actually been taken with a search warrant since the discovery of the body, which again kind of points in the direction of it being Gabby, and the house is considered an active crime scene.
Speaker 2: Holy shit. I wonder what they're gonna find in there.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, I don't know. I do not know. And there was one other thing I wanted to touch on here there is I couldn't find specific information on it. It's a new thing that came out. There was a note that was found by Brian that is being held as some main or significant evidence. I can't place if it was in the van or house or whatever, but it was a note that he had left before he went on his fucking hike to wherever he actually is.
Speaker 2: Okay, it wasn't found by Brian. It was a note that was from Brian.
Speaker 1: It was a note left by Brian.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: And police have this note and it's being considered significant evidence. But that is all that's being released about it so far. I haven't found anything, and this note is like super new stuff.
Speaker 2: So wow, to be investigating something like this, I feel it must just be like liberating I guess, But also devastating and also just take over your freaking life.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it would be crazy. Like imagine trying to sleep at night with all this in your brain.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and like you just probably want so badly to find like just have a good outcome, and you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just trying to find Gabby and he.
Speaker 2: Put so much work into it, and then if that is her body, that's like the worst outcome you would want.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just hope that she's found, and I hope that we actually get solace in understanding what happened, get.
Speaker 2: Some answers hopefully soon to The waiting game is always just the shittiest, right it is.
Speaker 1: It really sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that is the current case of Gabby Potito. We will definitely be updating everybody as the case continues on our social media, which is Wicked and Graham and Instagram and of course Facebook and wicked Ingraham dot com which is our website, and of course I don't know do we have anything else? Do we? Oh? Our YouTube which is Wicked Life, Oh yeah, where we'll be posting of log soon being in the tiny hole, yeah.
Speaker 2: Our transition. Yeah, and there may one day, I'm assuming be another there could be a part.
Speaker 1: Two of this Yeah, definitely potential of being a part two of this one as it resolves it.
Speaker 2: Unless she's found then then maybe not.
Speaker 1: Well then they're sentencing for whoever.
Speaker 2: If there is, but I meant found alive.
Speaker 1: Oh well then we get to know what happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh I guess. Yeah. There would be a story either way, wouldn't there Yeah? Yeah, And then I was going to super touch on because I kind of already did a story a little bit on Instagram of I'm doing a Texass oh case. Yeah, and there were a couple people actually that that guessed the right one, and there was also some people that didn't guess the right one. But then I was like, oh, what's this case? And I'm like, oh, so I have some like other ideas for other text recommendations, super awesome requests. Actually I just love it. So the one I'm doing next week is the nineteen ninety one Austin yogurt shop murders.
Speaker 1: Done Done. Ju You've actually told me a little bit about this and it sounds juicy.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's juicy, and it's also like pretty sad too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that'll be next week.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: And of course as always until then.
Speaker 2: Stay Wicked. That was an interesting one that was like a like an act, like I'm like an announcer.
Speaker 1: Stud Wicked, Stay
Speaker 2: Wicked,