Speaker 1: Why BO five. I think you about k r C the talk station Tuesday, end of my work week, some say, skin, there's a woo woo kind of my version of Friday to day and then tomorrow off and enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday which I dearly love, and sleeping in. So I got a lot to look forward to over the next several days, and I hope you do too. I hope everyone's in a celebratory mood can sit down with family and enjoy their Thanksgiving without yelling at each other and without getting ridiculous. It seems to be a kind of a general trend and fme out there a lot of people talking about doing exactly that, which I think is a wonderful, wonderful thing. And some of the division that's been fostered and encouraged by so many people just looking to undermine America generally speaking. And I've been convinced of that for a long long time. Any division, any area where people can just stir the pot of anger, they go right for it. They the forces that want to undermine us, the United States of America, you know, comment about the flag on many occasions, you know, seemed to be that there was a time in my life anyway that the United States Flag old glory represented a symbol of unity, that everyone of any political stripe could look at it and say, hey, thank god I live in America. It stands for freedom and liberty and my right to speak my mind and say what's on it. And somewhere along the way, I guess it just became the vogue thing to I don't know, burn it or cited as a symbol of I don't know, division itself, racism. Perhaps some people see that coming up. Tom de Lorenzo, president of the mississ Institute, got a documentary playing with fire, money, banking and the Federal Reserve. That's at seven o five. It should be very interesting at eight o five. Fast forward to eight o five, Oliver Lane, the London bureau chief from bright Barton News with the inside scoop while we're celebrating the Trump when Europe is on the brink of war. That has some truth to it, that sort of summary statement I've talked about on that and Daniel Davis deep dive. We're gonna be talking about Europe, Ukraine, Russia, World War three, all of the dangerous things going on in the world, and you know, to that end. I saw this article and reported several different places. The top NATO official is warning companies and this is a sound proposition. It's sad that we have to talk about it, but the issue is, companies, are you prepared to deal with a wartime scenario? Are you prepared to deal with supply chain interruptions? Are you prepared to decouple from China? China who very well could use the economic relationships that they have built up over the past several decades where they have become the sole supplier of goods and resources for various industries like electric vehicles, et cetera, and rare earth minerals and things. Are you prepared to deal in a world where China decides to cut you off? Very interesting? So he's the native military commander in chief or committee chief. A guy named Lieutenant Admiral Rob Bauer said Western companies doing business in or with China should be prepared for the Chinese Communist Party to make use of those ties in the event of a conflict. Now, the illustration, he cided, is, look what happened to Europe with Russia. Remember gas from Europe is getting all of its gas from Russia. And next thing. You know, Russia's pulling the plug, Europe's decoupling from Russia, and of course everyone struggles and suffers as a consequence of it. He said, We're naive if we think the Communist Party will never use that power, i e. The power that they have established with these strong business ties. We learned a lot about this during COVID. Now, didn't we Where do our pharmaceuticals come from? That does come up in his comments. They come from China and we all know that by now, at least I hope everybody does that China is responsible for unleashing COVID on the globe. Anyway, we're naive if we think the Communist Party will never use that power. Business leaders in Europe and America need to realize the commercial decisions they make have strategic consequences for the security of their nation. Business needs to be prepared for a wartime scenario and adjust their production and distribution lines accordingly, because while it may be the military who wins battles, it's the economies that win wars. It's a sound point. And then he pointed a gas prom majority own Russian by the Russian government before Russian invaded Ukraine in twenty twenty two, Russia was Europe's largest supplier of natural gas. It was transported through ah Ukraine HMM. Russia put in that gas export ban in place, European Union and the United States sanctioned many Russian companies. Some but not all, European countries stopped importing Russian gas, and that obviously created a huge problem. So pivoting over to the Chinese commenter's Jesien Ping Chinese Communist Party leader Jji and Ping, he pointed out that you know, Ji could unilaterally impose restrictions on industries in China, could affect the global supply for example, And here we go, the world depends on China for rare earth minerals. Sixty percent is produced in China, ninety percent is processed in China, so even if they're not producing it, they're processing it there for almost almost all of it. Critical pharmaceutical ingredients also come from China, including chemical ingredients for sedatives, antibiotics, anti inflammatories, low blood pressure medications. And if you don't have your own supply of that, you're going to have lives lost. And remember the American military also does take sedatives, antibiotics, anti inflammatories and low blood pressure medications, and if we're at war with China, and China could cut off those supplies and our American military then lacks the pharmaceuticals it needs. Maybe I don't know, stay alive or stay healthy, Bower said. We're seeing that with the growing number of sabotage acts in Europe has seen that with energy supply. We thought we had a deal with gaz problem, but we actually had to deal with mister Putin. And the same goes for Chinese own infrastructure and goods. We actually have to deal with g right. Unlike I would argue in the United States of America, where a company can legitimately do business with an overseas entity and provide it with goods or services or whatever without the stamp of approval from any given president. Any given president can't just come in and end that contract unilaterally. That's not the case with the Jijinping or of Vladimir Putin. There's sort of a different political reality going on in those countries, right, you know, basically one guy controls everything. Dictators, right, call it what you will, that's the reality.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Bauer stress the national security aspect of business deals with the Chinese and Russian regime say, if we can make sure that all crucial services and goods can be delivered no matter what, then that is a key part of our deterrence. And what a beautiful and interesting and very important point that is. If they know Jijing, Vladimir Putin, whoever, the person we're talking about who has dictatorial control over the relationships between any product being shipped around the globe, if they know that we have an alternative source to get that particular product, then they're less inclined to weaponize pulling that product from the market or declining to enforce or allow the terms and conditions of the contract to go forward. We can't use that as a threat. Oh yeah, well if you do that, if you defend Taiwan for example, or if you defend Ukraine for example, then we're not going to give you X, Y or Z. The response from US and businesses globally this is Bowers warning to the world should be oh yeah, well, we've already got an established relationship with somebody else. Say you take your threats and stick them where the sun don't shine, because they don't mean anything anymore. It's an amazing power, an amazing power so bad he made it. I hate the idea that this point has to be made, but it's not the first time that Bowers made these points. I guess it was trying to figure out when that was. He had previously stated, like a January was January. I'm not going to say everything is going to go wrong tomorrow, addressing the concerns expressed by media and others about oh my god, you're just trying to threaten us into panic buying and self preparedness, and they said, I'm not going to say everything is going to go wrong tomorrow, but we have to realize it is not a given that we are in peace, saying that there has to be a wider social, societal realization that not everything is plannable, not everything is going to be hunky dory for the next twenty years, but this is a reality. And if you don't think we're at war now, just step back from it. I brought this up just yesterday. I recall, you know, the Chinese Communist Party infiltrating our entire infrastructure with that computer virus, and fortunately, even though it had been lurking there in the background, literally infesting, innovating everything that impacts our world. Every single day, water electricity communications go on the whole list volt typhoon. That is an act of war, or at least a preparation for war. Flip the switch and shut the grid down is ultimately the conclusion I drew from that reality, and that stuff is going on all the time. And I'm not saying that we're not doing it ourselves and trying to infiltrate the Chinese systems and the YadA YadA, YadA YadA. But this is a current reality. And when you have a war involving a global nuclear power like Russia and Ukraine, not a global nuclear power, but one that's being completely supported by yes, nuclear powers like the United States of America, where we are literally operating long range missiles on behalf of the Ukrainian military into the nuclear power that is Russia, you better damn well believe that this is you know, we are on edge here, and this is the type of thing that needs to be discussed and planned for. So it's nice that it is being discussed. And I hope that the businesses of the world who have these seemingly unbreakable ties with foreign powers that are not friendly to us, e g. The Chinese Communist Party that they might start looking around for Maybia supply chain, place that has a great relationship with the United States. Whether they're out there, I don't know. You know your damn well, better start thinking about it, because who knows what's going to happen tomorrow. Plan I had five seventeen fifty five care see the talk station five and three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three taco with toound five fifty on eighteen and t phones stick around. I will be right back.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump has done it again.
Speaker 1: Our country decided projected winner and we're calling it for Donald Trump and left.
Speaker 4: It divided all then break out of bullet.
Speaker 1: But we're bringing people together.
Speaker 5: Trumps about uniting and bringing the country back together.
Speaker 3: And everyone's welcome, the American people, the Panic people, black people.
Speaker 2: We woke up to.
Speaker 6: Join the conversation.
Speaker 7: It's just phenomenal.
Speaker 6: Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Uh Taikan and I in first warning weather forecast is going to be mostly sunny day to day. I have forty six overnight clouds build up throughout the night, thirty four for the low. We got an overcast day tomorrow afternoon rain is like we will go up to forty four overnight brief wintery mix possible. Otherwise clouds and rain with a low thirty six. Thanksgiving yay, mostly flatty day chance ring before one pm forty four for the high on Thanksgiving. It's forty one degrees right now. But if i've ker cee de talk station A, feel free to call five one three seven hundred eight hundred and eighty two three talk. Lots of interesting things going on out in the world today to talk about on the Morning show, including Walmart and getting rid of its DEI policies, adding to the growing list of folks that are chucking DEI under the bus because it's stupid and it's insane and uh well, one of the reasons Donald Trump won the presidential election. That's what I'm gonna draw a conclusion on. But back go over to this this situation Ukraine, and I thought this polls rather interesting. Growing up, you know in America, longtime Republican or you know now little libertarians. I have referred to myself now for at least the past twenty years. I remember the Soviet Union, and I remember being afraid of the Soviet Union. Arch enemy they were, We didn't trade with them, we isolated them, and ultimately, you know, the fall of the Berlin Wall. Remember that like it was yesterday and consider that reality. You know, if you ever ever take a moment and think about the idea of that wall, it was designed to keep people in, not keep people out. You know, we think about a southern border walls to keep people out from invading our country has nothing to dow with keeping the American population in because we have a better place to live and people want to flee wherever they are and come here. Obviously, the pole are opposite in post World War two Europe when nobody wanted to be a member of the China of the Communist Party. But beyond that, my ultimate point was, you know, I always perceived the Republicans to be more hawkish from a military perspective. Republicans were always pushing for larger military budgets. And you know the Democrats that talk about, you know, the guns and butter curve and no, no, we need more social welfare spending, we need to cut back on military and Republicans we no, no, no, we need security. And you know someplace that went all off the rails and everybody wants to spend a whole lot of money on the military. And now there's this new poll out, and I know how we are about polls, but I thought this was rather interesting. CBS News you gov poll It did a poll conducted after Biden authorized those American Army tactical missile systems as longer range missiles into Russia, and they determined that fifty one percent of Americans do not support military aid and sending weapons to Ukraine. The forty nine percent is so it's a slim margin, but that they did a breakdown on demographics under sixty five more inclined to oppose sending aid and weapons, while the majority of those over sixty five support helping Ukraine. And that I'm guessing is a holdover from that Cold War philosophy Russia BAT or Soviet Union BAT. You know, we need to do everything we can to detrow the Soviet unions in the Russian So I'm just my guess on that. But then the further breakdown those under thirty fifty three percent against military aid, fifty four percent in the thirty to forty four and forty five to sixty four demographic against military aid, while six and ten. Americans sixty five and old favor the weapons shipments in the military aid. So it's that older demographic that is largely in favor of it. Now here's where it gets weird, at least from my piect active along party lines, seventy two percent of Democrats support aid to Ukraine military aid, while sixty four percent of Republicans and fifty four percent of Independence oppose it. And that's the flip that I found so fascinating. Is at least it seems like a flip to me. So's a margin era plus or mine a two point two percent plus or minus a couple of thousand American survey between the nineteenth and twenty second and November on this. But I found that a fascinating societal development because again, I suppose you spun back the clock about thirty years or so, the political difference would be the just the exact opposite, but seventy two percent of Democrats, so you know who's the who's the warmongers? Now? And I'm still looking for someone to explain to me how all of this is going to work out, or what our ultimate military objective is, or how any that he expects this conflict to be resolved. I think you're going to end up having to chalk one off on the win column for Russia. We'll see what Daniel Davis has to say about that coming up at eight thirty. I'm not I mean, he's pointed out regularly, and I have no reason to disagree with him, considering his connections with the military and how wars are fought and won. But you know, Ukrainian forces are getting slaughtered, They're running out of people. The Russians obviously have a far superior and more capable at least in terms of military resources. Hell, they're getting weapons from all over the globe from our enemies. Going back to the earlier point about trading partners anyhow, that's why we have Daniel Davis around at eight thirty. Also have your opinions. You can feel free to disagree with me or maybe shed a different light on it from my perspective. Always enjoy hearing what people have to say, so feel free to call in and don't go away. We got local stories to talk about as well, and of course a stack of stupid at five forty, so I'll be.
Speaker 6: Right back fifty five KRC celebrate the season with.
Speaker 1: A very here's your nine first one and weather forecasts. We have in mostly sunny day to day high A forty six, over night, clouds thirty four. Tomorrow overcasts rain in the afternoon. They say it's likely high a forty four, perhaps a wintery mix. They thought, if it is, it'll be brief overnight Wednesday, lot a thirty six, thanksgeving, mostly finding with a chance to ring before one pm. And I high A forty four Right now it's forty one degree for Bupkisity Talktation. Hey Joe, did you get invited to the Bernie Moreno celebratory event at the Silver Spring House last night? Yeah? I didn't either. It's my invitation guy lost in the mail. Hell that's probably that's like walking distance from my house. Oh well yeah, why don't you see if you'll make an appearance back on the fifty five Carsey Morning Show. Now we got him, got him a well slim left town. Are are you in that mojo? You're you're you're not optimistic along those lines. I don't know, we'll see. I'm glad he got elected. There are some days I really, really really really wish that listening audience could see the expression on Joe Streker's face. And I wish the FCC would allow some of his editorial comments online or on the air because side splittingantly funny. They can be fifty five careacy dot com and you can't listen a lot to the podcast. Speaking of podcast, Joe Strekker will produce yours if you want to do one. He does that. That's his side gig, one of eight jobs that Joe has to uh hold down in order to pay the grocery bill at the Streker household. Yesterday Christopher Smithman UH always great talking with Christopher smith and I really enjoyed him. A nice spleen vent from him yesterday. Anywhile, over to the local stories, holiday shopping season gets underway, the Cincinnati Metro helping customers have an easy way to get to the stores on Black Friday. Metro announced yesterday it's offering free bus fairs on Friday. You know, I interpret that word free is taxpayer funded. Isn't that the right way to look at it? Anyway? For all Metro fixed roots cord to a Metro initiative is to encourage people to shop local for the holidays and avoid the stress of traffic and parking gourd to the announcement. Brandy Jones, Metro Chief Communications and Marketing Officer. Thank you to wcpo's Daniel Goodman for reporting this holiday season. Metro is your partner for stress free travel, whether you're heading to the met Mall, visiting loved ones, or enjoying festive events. Are improved Roots, extended hours, and Metro now exclamation point. I guess that's the thing. On demand service make it easier than ever to get where you need to go. With free Fair on Black Friday, it's the perfect opportunity to save money and focus on what matters most celebrating the season. Metro apparently operating on Saturday holiday schedule for our Sunday Slash holiday schedule for Thanksgiving Days Sunday, December first, some routes will have service and scheduling adjustments. I'm not familiar personally with the Roots, but those routes include six sixteen, seventeen, nineteen, twenty two, twenty seven, thirty two, thirty seven, forty one, forty six, seventy two, seventy seven, seventy eight. You can go to WCPO dot com if you weren't able to write that down oh, Bingo, you got bingo. Congratulations Joe. He's waving his card around. They suggest this is part of their ongoing EU for to enhance customer service. So there are places you can view the schedules and those regular writers of Metro. I feel very confident you exactly where to go to get that information. Go to Hamilton, Ohio, or the sheriff department around me. Well, they say sheriff's departments around the country, Victoria Morewood and Choir reporting may be called to detain immigrants without illegal immigrant without legal immigration status as early as Donald Trump's first day in office, Butler County Sheriff Richards Jones is ready. Posted on Facebook earlier this month, Jones said, we're gonna take our border back once Trump Enter's office. We're preparing cells and space as we speak. Day after the election, we started preparing. Jones said he's keeping two hundred and fifty to three hundred beds of the Butler County jail available, around one third of the total beds for people facing deportation. If they run out of room for local inmates, he said, it will transfer immigrants elsewhere. Quote. We take care of our local prisoners first. Close quote Jones, working on a sixth term as sheriff beginning in January, offered jail housing units to US Immigrations and Customs Enforcement for decades previously, but the kind of jailsmen used to attain immigrants arrested by ICE officers from around the country. Sheriff's departments working with ICE in this way have to give the federal training, learn how to fill out deportation paperwork, and responsible for transporting immigrants to airports. He said he's offered up his jail to be used for deportation since two thousand and one under former presidents Bush, Obama, and Trump. He stopped allowing ICE to use the jail during Joe Biden's term, said quote, I knew they were going to fire me from the program because I'm a big target for the current administration, and they were firing sheriffs all over the country. I knew they were coming here, so I quit them first. Now we are back the jail, butlo kind of jail holds eight hundred and forty eight maximum and medium security inmates. Immigrants facing deportation would be detained together in a regular housing unit, separate from local inmates. I'm good for Sheriff Jones. Any word from Charmaine McGuffey on that one, huh yeah, five thirty five, fifty five krcit talks, stack is stupid coming up. You can call the rather talk to you, so feel free to give you a ring. Beyond that, we're gonna get to the stack of stupid after these brief words.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC, and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: John nine say's gonna be mostly sunny day today. I enjoy that sun while it's there. It's forty six for the high clouds build up overnight drop it a thirty four overcast tomorrow after an in rain likely hi a forty four, perhaps a wintery next. It will be brief overnight Wednesday, if there is one. Otherwise, just cloudy and rainy with a low of thirty six and mostly flouty. Thanksgiving cancering before one pm. I have forty four for Thanksgiving. It is what did I say? Fifty forty four?
Speaker 7: Right now?
Speaker 1: Time for first traffic.
Speaker 6: From the UCL Traffic Center with U see help the future.
Speaker 8: Care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments and give patients chance for better outcomes. Visity you see health dot com. Highway traffic in pretty good shape this morning. No trouble at all through northern Kentucky. Traffic on two seventy five doing fine. Pass Taylor Milk northbound seventy five and Northbown fourth seventy one, both wide open. On the bridges. There's a broken down northbound seventy five at the lateral. They're on the right hand side. Chuck Ingram month fifty five. K seen the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's five thirty nine and happy Tuesday. Kevin Gordon's feeling in for me tomorrow. We're gonna have a best of show for Thursday and Friday, which I hope includes the book by that doctor on COVID Joe, because Maureen will greatly appreciate that one. So however you want to do it, but again, Kevin Gordon tomorrow, and I certainly appreciate you. Kevin out there in advance covering for me from a vacation day, and I'll appreciate hearing from you. Five point three seven four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three talk before I get to the stack of stupid. My dear friend Cribbage, Mike, my submariner buddy, Welcome back to the program, Mike. It's always a pleasure to hear from you. I hope you and your better half are doing well, doing great, Brian.
Speaker 9: And looking forward to the holiday and bought the top one of wish. The Strucker and Thomas family are very happy.
Speaker 1: Thanksgiving, sir, Thank you and right back at you. I hope you have some nice plans lined up and everything goes along swimmingly with a smile on your face. It's a great holiday.
Speaker 9: Family, Well, yes, sir, family. Grandkids will be over so no better way to spend such a wonderful holiday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your grandson is. He is such a cool little guy. He's he's my buddy man. People when I played Kurbage at listener to lunch and that will take place next week, Michael, hope to see you there a price Lill Chili where I will be there. I won the last time. When his grandson comes along with him, he roots for me and not his grandfather. I get the biggest kick.
Speaker 9: Out of That makes for an interesting car ride back.
Speaker 1: To the East Side.
Speaker 6: I bet it does anyway, Mike. What's on your mind this morning?
Speaker 9: Yes, sir, Before I get to my doge comment you mentioned yesterday, that you know, who's actually running the country. Where's Joe Biden? As we are we along with Ukraine launches long range missiles one place he was last week And usually this gets a lot of press because the Presidential Medal of Freedom is the highest civilian award that could be given. Well, behind closed doors, he gave it to the former head of Planned Parenthood.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 9: No, sir, That last I believe it was last Wednesday. The press was in just for a photo op and that's it. The Presidential Medal of Freedom to the second Catholic president.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 1: That that's just hard to swallow. I mean, of all the worthy people in the world, far more worthy than that particular individual. And say what you want about Planned Parenthood, but highest of.
Speaker 9: The right part and I can't think of it off the top of my head. You know, they list the qualifications for the Presidential of Medal of Freedom and then it just it's like bile in the back of your throat when she was awarded it.
Speaker 1: But dis yeah, part of me, I mean, I'm appalled by it, and I wish it weren't so. But does really anybody in the listening audience find that surprising?
Speaker 10: At all.
Speaker 9: No, absolutely not absolutely not. Yeah, yeah, oh well, I mean did they come along with pardons and the presidents last year? As far as who he gives it to and but it but it speaks volumes. The silence is deafening. That he did it behind closed doors. So oh yeah, somebody there has some ilk of jee. This might not go over well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the the pardoning of of the two turkeys yesterday made global news. Boy, that was all over the place, boy, and he had a difficult time even getting through that process.
Speaker 9: I swear that whoever that is is just on loan from the Hall of Presidents in Orlando.
Speaker 1: There's no no doubt.
Speaker 9: But real quick with those you know, I think we're all fired up, yes, that it's going to work. I can back into the early nineties when the Base Realignment and Closer Commission known as BRACK was first put forward because I listed in seventy five, not only were we still on a World War Two footing, but coming off the post Vietnam, even as bloated as a DoD was, we knew it had to happen, and it took a lot of gnashing and teeth, but we are a better defense department there's been a lot of I was stationed on Orlando when I was a drill instructor. We used to have three Navy boot camps, San Diego, Orlando and the one that is currently in operation in Great Lakes, And there were a lot of admirals and of course local congressmen. You know, a great idea, but don't close my base. But you go down there. Now it is a sprawling community of industrial and condos and personal houses were better for it. So hopefully they can take the win from the election go after stuff that are no brainers. Maybe the public swell will continue and to get Doge to do what it's supposed to do.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: I agree. And you know, one of the things I was going to talk about coming up at the top of the next hour is some of the things that they are talking about cutting. Joni Ernst has already outlined a whole bunch of areas that need to be gutted out of the government, and Elon Musk came out swinging. And this one I agree with wholeheartedly. And I've mentioned this before. The two trillion dollar lifetime costs of the F thirty five Lightning airplane. What in the hell is that all about why are we still building those things and apparently not the greatest airplane ever built. They try to be all things to all people, but ended up being this, this massive, massive hole that money's being thrown into every year. The world is filled with inexpensive drones, and we now have, you know, supersonic rockets, and they can shoot those right out of the sky. And that's one of the things that Musk wrote the other day. Fighter jets will be shot down very quickly if the opposing porce has sophisticated surface to air missiles or drones, as shown by the Russia Ukraine conflict. So the idea of manned aircraft, I think is going the way of the Dodo, much to this chagrina of people who love airplanes. But I'm sorry, it's just the thing. It seems to me.
Speaker 6: It's moving in to the area of obsolescence.
Speaker 9: One thousand percent agree. And when any time the government comes out with one platform and they're just going to put different variants on it. Okay, this will be the marine variant, this will be the navy variant, this will be the It never works, It never works, and especially as you said, you can buy a lot of drones for thirty five billion.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can thirty five million a pop in a lifetime of two trillion dollars. I wonder if somebody put pen to paper and figured out how many drones can be bought with that, or maybe not. Mike, always extinct. Pleasure having you on the program, my friend. Thanks for your military service, Thanks for the comments today, and I will look forward to sitting down with another Crivage game with the next Wednesday listener lunch at Price Hell Chili. Celebrating Christmas, the holidays generally speaking, and just basically the fellowship is that we enjoy a listener lunch, take care of my brother, and give my best to your beautiful wife. It's five forty five right now, fifty five K Steve Talk Station. You feel free to call if you have a comment. Love to hear from you. Maybe disagree with my comment about the f thirty five, Love to hear someone support it and tell me why it's absolutely necessary. Beyond that, we'll get to the stack. Is stupid, but first something, this farthest thing from stupid as the USA insulation. They brought it back ninety nine dollars a month interest free and a lot of my listeners over the years have told me they save more than that on their monthly energy bill. Because if you've got a really energy inefficient home, insufficient insulation, you need USA's foam. That's the highest our value on the market to start with, It's made in Ohio. You're buying a local product, and you're working with folks who've been at this for decades. Thousands and thousands of homes have been retrofitted with USA's Foam. Very happy homeowners as a consequence, and I've mentioned previously, the biggest regret that I've ever heard from folks is, gosh, darn it, I wish I had done this a long time ago. You could be under insulated or have no insulation in your exterior walls. That'd be homes maybe mid seventies and before. But under insulated homes can also benefit from the foam going in with whatever under insulated, like R twelve you got in the walls when they built the house that will be my daughter's house. That's why we bought her the phone, so she and Eric enjoy that great comfort and energy savings every single month. Here we are heading into heating season. Yeah, you got those ice cold rooms in your house HVAC system doesn't quite reach them, either in the summer or winter. USA foam will solve that problem to a large extent. Keep the mice out of your house. On top of it, that's a little lecture perk, and to be eligible for a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit, so comfort immediately savings every month, twelve hundred dollars energy credit for next year's taxes, and all the other perks that go along with the foam. It's the right thing to do, the ultimate no brainer. Free inspection, free. Don't forget free inspection. So call them up and find out if you're under insulated or have no insulation and get a quote from them for free y nine dollars a month interest for very affordable five one three three eight one three six two six three eight one foam online it's USA Insulation.
Speaker 6: Dot Net fifty five KRC Space.
Speaker 1: Culture mostly sunny skies today, Enjoy that says general nine forty six. For the high down of thirty four over nine, clouds will build up. We have an overcast day tomorrow, rain likely in the afternoon with the high forty four potential for a brief wintering mix over Wednesday night, otherwise cloudy and rainy in a little thirty six Thanksgiving day clouds for the most part. Chance ring before one pm forty four to the high forty one. Right now it's time for traffic.
Speaker 8: From the UCLP Traffic Center with u see health. The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 6: Visit u sehealth dot com. Highway traffic that's not bad at all.
Speaker 8: To start off your Tuesday morning northbound seventy five, there is a broken down that's over on the right shoulder at the lateral SEP dound seventy one fine at the rain in highway so is west to seventy five at loved one and found seventy fours wide open coming down the hill from North Bend chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five fifty one Happy Tuesday, five seven fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two to three talk over to the stack is stupid. Uh Man's gonna be spending two years behind bars because he assaulted a woman and tried to run her over with his car because she failed to respond to him when he said good morning to her. This according to prosecutors in Massachusetts Speritcourt Judge Michael Doolan, I believe yesterday, yes yesterday, found thirty three year old Atkinson Ian Atkinson guilty of assault and batter and assault with a dangerous weapon after a three day bench trial. This Corn of the Soeffol County District Attorney's Office in an announcement. Police responded nine a m. July thirteenth last year to the woman's home in Balsam Street, Dorchester, after the told cops she'd been waiting for her plants in her yard. I'm sorry watering that makes more sense, Brian, I was watching the plants grow, watering her plants in the yard. Man said she didn't know. Later identified as Ian Atkinson walked by and said quote when people say good morning to you, you should say hi. You crazy b word close quote. She began to record him with her cell phone. After hed gott in a nearby black Mercedes. Atkinson proceeded exit the car and then attacked the victim, repeatingly punching her in the face before throwing her against the fence. Victim able to fight him off, after she bit him. He then went back to his car and drove it toward her, nearly hitting her. Thereafter it fled, the scene, cop showed up. Victim was bleeding from a broken nose, had bruises throughout her head and face. Detectives identified Atkinson through video, learned he'd been wearing a GPS monitor from a previous rest and then they rested in after the attack selfal kind of District Attorney Kevin Hayden, in a statement, said, for this victim, a pleasant summer morning descended into a violent and cruel ordeal for the most inexplicable reasons. But even as she was being attacked, she had the presence of mind to record video, and that decision, along with her brave testimony, provided enough evidence for the judge to make his decision. I joined all members of this community in thanking this survivor for her courage. He'll be on probation for two years after he's done serving his prison time. And you see, that's that's something I wouldn't think about doing. I never bring my phone out to take pictures or record video or anything. If someone's beating me down. I don't know how you're busy down, Joe Down, I said, I would think, you know, my self defense mechanisms wouldn't include bringing myself l phone out and recording it. Guy Mississippi apparently he described as taking parking very seriously, according to local cops, with one woman who was cut by a no parking sign that the man allegedly set up and booby trapped with razor blades. M Jordan Jennings, manager of sky Mart Bait Shop and Grocery and Oxford, speaking with local CBS affiliate after making contact with woman last Wednesday, I cut her good. He said. She was very distraught and upset about something. He said she was asking for a cloth and something to clean it off. Jason Scott Curly fifty one, was allegedly sick and tired of people messing with the no parking signs that he had put outside his mobile home, with police reporting he'd been setting them up for quite some time. Carl's wife, Michelle, told the Oxford Eagle newspaper that cars have been blocking their gravel driveway nearly every day while dropping off and picking up stew from the adjacent school that's there. Driveway is where Curl's mobile home is located. Recently enlarged. The driveway was now sits on property used by the school, a courd to the Lafayette County Fire Department. This has led to car congestion and traffic problems in the area, which sparked his no parking crusade. A problem Caurl has allegedly been setting his signs up on parts of the property that don't belong to him, accord to the Sheriff's office. On top of that, he's accused of lacing at least one of the displays with multiple razor blades, which sliced Curl's victim on her right hand. Court to the rest report, leading to charge of aggravated assault for purposely attempting to cause injury. Released the same day from the detention center out on a twenty thousand dollars bond, obviously not in Hamilton County, Ohio. Unsuccessfully attempted to reach him. We'll go ahead and just sort of give him the brief Biggest Douche of the Universe award for that one. Five point fifty six fifty five KRCD talk station plenty coming up at the six o'clock hour. Love to hear from you if you've got a comment or two, feel free to give me a call, but don't go away.
Speaker 6: Ever changing world. There's one constant you can depend on. Fifty five KRC the talk station at the top end bottom of the hour. I think at Hunklenoscope ten.
Speaker 1: Six five fifty five r CD talk station. Brian Thomas here, wishing everyone a very happy Tuesday. Hands thank you again ahead of time Kevin Gordon for covering for me tomorrow off the rest of the week to enjoy my Thanksgiving holiday, and I hope you have some really nice, loving, friendly Thanksgiving plans set for your world, So don't fight with anyone period five three two three talk fast forward one hour. Tom di Lorenzo, president of the Meisas Institute. It's got a documentary playing with fire, money, banking and the Federal Reserve. Two hours from now inside scoop of bright Bart News, Oliver Lane, the London bureau chief, returns, talk about while we are celebrating the Trump when Europe is on the brink of war. Yeah, I have a little depressing that one. And then of course Daniel Davis with a deep dive at eight thirty, also talking about Europe, Ukraine, Russia and I hate to see it WW three written on the list, but you know, you got to pay attention to what's going on in the world. And then we'll have James Owen, my good friend from Plumb Type Plumbing, about getting your home ready for winter. Definitely that and don't flush your hygiene products down the toilet. Experienced rather difficult Thanksgiving when someone did that over and over and over again. Unfortunately wasn't me, as my sister. But yeah, that's a bad idea, so maybe he'll address that, not necessarily. So anyhow, going back to and I'm excited as I can be about this doche and I may be misplaced in my excitement, but the idea of the brilliance of Elon Musk and Vva Grama swimming not in a paid position, not part of government, just being tapped into cutting the crap out of government, it just it just overwhelms me with joy, because everybody's got areas of government where they know that there should be cuts. I mean, you heard from Cribbage Mike. He's a military man, and he even knows and understands that there's ridiculous overspending in America's military. And that's just one slice of the budget, and it's the big slice I'll admit that, although smaller than the debt service we're paying, because why we overspent too much over decades and decades and decades stating the obvious. But it always gets me riled up that the people responsible for sending us on a safe path that we can manage and that it's sustainable always let us down. Always. No, I'm not gonna like it about that project. That's my project, that's in my state. We can't cut that one. But you know I don't need it. Yeah, well, okay, but it's my people and it's my jobs. Listen, if it's obsolete and it's fat, and it's it's stupid, it doesn't make any sense from a modern perspective, and let's get rid of it. Move on. That was that was kind of Mike's point. So, starting with Jody Ernst, Republican centenator to Joony ERNs of Iowa, sent the new Department of Government Efficiency co chairs Elon Musk and of course Vida Gramma Swammy a letter yesterday with certain ideas that she said could save the federal government more than two trillion dollars two thousand billion dollars and that's in savings, and that you're even talking about numbers this high. Maybe it only ends up being one trillion, one thousand billion, it would be savings. And this is stuff. This is unnecessary crap that you and I are paying for, or actually leaving the bill for our grandchildren to pay for in probably their grandchildren. Anyway, we know that their co chairs Musk and Ramaswamy in this letter earned suggestions range from addressing unused space in buildings too, and this one bothers me almost more than anything uncommitted spending for COVID relief. Are we past COVID? They threw so much money out into the world based upon that nonsense that there's still stacks of cash laying around that haven't been spent yet. Anyway. In her letter to those two, she wrote, when face of the proposal of the trim the fat from Washington budgets, members of the Congress from both parties act like Goldilocks. It's too little or too big, always too hard, never just right. But the real make believe of this fairy tales that it's impossible to reduce for Washington's budget without causing pain. Most Americans I love this point, most Americans aren't even benefiting in any meaningful way from hundreds of billions of dollars being wasted. Anybody might listen to audience benefit from the shrimp on treadmill studies that they funded. Now you've heard all about those different studies and funding. No, no, you didn't, and don't even try to argue that you did. And if you did, that just means you were one of the researchers studying shrimp on treadmills, And I would have a multitude of questions for you, like, how can you live with yourself? Don't you feel guilty bilking the American taxpayers for a stupid study about shrimp running on treadmills? Don't you have any self respect or decency? Don't you pay taxes yourself? Is that the kind of study?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, I guess it is the kind of study you want, because that's what pays your tax or that's where your salary comes from, where the taxes come out of anyway, I'm sorry. Anyway, back to Jony Ernzner letter. While you're seeking super high IQ small government revolutionaries for your unglamorous cost cutting, all that's really need it is a little common sense. If you can't find waste in Washington, there can only be one reason you didn't look. So she's identified several rail projects, three of them in California. Can probably a total price tag one hundred and thirty five billion, two hundred and thirteen million dollars in unemployment payments paid two millionaires. Yeah, thirty one million dollars to pay government employees with no assigned duties. How do you like that people on the payroll that don't do anything at all? Points out ten billion in inaccurate supplemental nutrition assistance programs. Yeah, the payments. Those just a few among the things listed as potential cuts. She also said there was over one point six trillion with a tea and here we go uncommitted COVID relief spending. So I have a simple message to the bureaucrats who haven't shown up for working years, that the government contractors and grantees collecting millions to study how fast as shrimp runs on a treadmill? Hu huh, buckle up, because accountability is coming. My decade long mission to make Washington's squeal has created an exhaustive list of more than two trillion dollars worth of waste fraud and abuse. And I will work with Doge to cut where you're going to break down the nonsense that's taken over Washington and put it in its place, and put in its place a government that actually works for people. Great. Isn't this refreshing and awesome?
Speaker 6: And I can't.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just wondering other than a politician, who's you know, maybe backyard pet project might be at stake here. People on both political stripes are all political stripes should applaud this. If you've got something that you think is worth a worthy expenditure and you can make a valid, straight face argument that you and your idea, your projects should be funded to the exclusion of shrimp on treadmills. I want to hear the argument, but bear in mind, by cutting off shrimp on treadmill studies and this other crap, you might have some funds to fund your project if you can demonstrate that it's a valuable one. Like I always point out, everybody's got a list. The lists always exceed the amount of money government takes in, and of course, on a federal level, since they run the printing press, that limitation never really seems to matter. So literally everything gets funding. I think it just becomes a question of who you know. Previously, Ernest question usaid she found some employees that were getting what they call locality pay for Washington d C. In spite of the fact that while at least in certain circumstances, you had people living in Florida getting locality pay for Washington d C, one also living in North Carolina also getting this locality pay for DC. So the list is seemingly endless. But there she is on fire and probably maybe even more excited than I am about the whole concept of DOGE. And then going over to Elon Musk, I brought this up one Mike called earlier about the F thirty five Pentagon's F thirty five program. Elon Musk just going whole hog against it, pointing out that there are idiots who build this stealth fighter two trillion dollars lifetime costs of the F thirty five Lightning two joint strike fighter developed by Lockheed Martin. This may be on the chopping block if Elon mus gets his way. In a post on X yesterday quote, the F thirty five design was broken at the requirements level because it was required to be too many things to too many people. This made it an expensive and complex jacket trades master of none. Success was never in the set of possible outcomes, and manned fighter jets are obsolete in the ages. In the age of drones, anyway, We'll just get pilots killed, which is kind of the way I've been viewing this for a long, long period of time, he wrote. He said, crude fighter jets are an inefficient way to extend the range of missiles or drop bombs. A reusable drone can do so without all the overhead of a human pilot, and fighter jets will be shot down very quickly if the opposing force has sophisticated surface to air missiles or drones, as shown by the Russia Ukraine conflict. Pentagon, of course, defending the program, we have combat capable aircraft in operation today that perform exceptionally well against the threat for which they were designed. Pilots continually emphasize that this is the fighter jet they want to take to war if called upon. Yeah, well, if they look, if you're okay, you can fly at mock one point six in an F thirty five. I looked that up. That's with a full payload, full fuel and all the bombs of that F thirty five is capable of carrying mock one point six. Quick search for how fast the hypersonic missiles go. They can travel between mock five and mock ten. Huh, that thing will be up in your bottom if you're flying an F thirty five before you even realize it's on the way. And to those out there who maybe know far more than me about the uh well, the accuracy of a hypersonic missile, if you say that they are not accurate enough to hit a F thirty five plane mid air going at mock one point five, I'm here to suggest that, in a moment's time in the world of technology, that that mock five to mock ten hypersonic missile will be able to accurately target and F thirty five traveling at its top speed of one mock one point five or mock one point six. I'm just saying it. It seems logical and reasonable. And just stop and think for a minute. For thirty five billion dollars a pop for these airplanes, how much technology and this is I'm not saying it's not justified in an era where manned aircraft were the default and absolutely necessary for waging war and defending oneself. How much of that technology and how much of the thirty five billion dollar priced egg goes into right keeping the pilot alive important component considering all the money we spend in training pilots and now all the information and knowledge and skill sets that they have to operate these things. But a vast, vast portion of the expense is designed to protect the pilot. If you have an unmanned drone, you don't need to incorporate that any of that into there? Can you make a stealth drone? Something tells me you can six eighteen fifty five care cdtalk station stick around. Maybe you disagree, I listen. Feel free to wage war with me on that topic. But we spend too much in government, and I've got high hopes that this DOGE actually results in something beneficial for every American, cutting back the insane size and scope of the US government. Calling electric great electricians. You can confidently call Colin and I encourage you do. You got an electric project in your home. They do fantastic work. Customer service couldn't be better. I've experienced it many times over the years. Family owned and operated since nineteen ninety nine. Andrew Cullen is wonderful team of licensed electricians. Pride themselves on that honest reputation that they have earned a plus with a Better Business Bureau, and they do all facets of residential electric work, from the smallest project like an outlet install to entirely rewiring your home. Mentioned the generator installation of my house. That was probably the most complex project that I think any electrician has done in my home. It's seemed that me anyway. But those folks know what they're doing and it works great. I can assure you of that. And I got a ten year warranty on that project, along with a ten year warranty on everything else they've done for me over the years. And so will you so work with the folks with the right connections. That's Cullen Electric. Give them a call five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two. Online you find them at Cullen c U L L E. N. Colin Electriccincinnati dot com.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 6: What if you could get the.
Speaker 1: Best cordion channel and I have. We've got a mostly sunny day in our hands. Enjoy it. High forty six over night. It's kind of clouds are going to build up thirty four for the low. Got an overcast day tomorrow with afternoon rain likely high have forty four, potential for a wintery mix overnight otherwise cloudy, rainy and a low of thirty six. Thanksgiving Day, yay. I have forty four mostly clouds with a chance to rain before one pm. Forty degrees right now. How about a traffic update.
Speaker 6: Up from the UCL Traffic Center with you you see help.
Speaker 8: The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes. This is a Ucehealth dot Com. Highways continue to look good this morning. No time delays to deal with into downtown as of yet. Both northbound seventy five and northbound four seventy one doing fine on the bridges outside of Milford. There's a wreck on Old twenty eight at mcpickin shuck Ingram On fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty one fifty five kr SE the talk station, Happy Tuesday to you. Five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two to three talk found five fifty on AT and T Funds. Appreciate Chip sending me this breakdown on what we are capable of hitting and uh even going back as far as the nineteen nineties and he said we can back in eighty eight, we could hit a POPCN smaller than F thirty five, one hundred and twenty miles out, one hundred and miles up traveling at mock three point five. Okay, So it really is supporting my point about the two trillion dollar F thirty five project and agreeing with Elon Musk that maybe that's one of the things that we need to cut out of our massive, massive military budget. Anyhow, feel free to call comment or anything you got on your mind. In the meantime, it's been a month since the fires shut down the southbound lanes of the Dan Beard Bridge, Big Mac Bridge call it one O Dot says it's going to start beginning the demolition of portions of the bridge deck. Remember the Hands playground at Sawyer point one thousand Hands Playground caught on fire. I think they're still investigating that. One Cod's part of the bridge to burn. Mike DeWine announced the state of emergency due to the dangerous condition and damages and update. Yesterday afternoon, ODOT said Cruise began installing a second round of shoring towers needed to support the bridge before any demolition can begin. Hours should be up before Thanksgiving, demolition beginning this Friday. In its release, ODOT said, as mentioned the day of the fire, section of South found I four seventy one, that some of the most significant damage will need to be removed and replace. Close up inspections on Friday and Saturday, the fifteenth and sixteen found even more damage to the deck, bearings and girders than the initial inspections revealed. ODOT set engineers have been designing custom demolition plans for each piece, from concrete deck to the girders to make sure the crews and residents are safe. Currently, ODOT says it hasn't released a timeline for when repairs will be finished. Officials say the timeline will depend upon the availability of steel. I didn't realize steel was in short supply. Catherin Fuller, ODOTS spokesperson, said, these are going to be custom like. It's not off the shelf where we can disorder parts from a catalog, so to speak. There are some unique components with the hinge joint underneath the bridge. These are things that people don't see when they're traveling. Once they know when they can get the steal to replace the girders, Fuller said will be providing an update on the projected timeline. The single northbound lane closure will also have to be permanent until the repairs are complete on that side of the bridge. Let's go to the phones. I got a Hank on the line with a comment, Hank, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Tuesday and an early happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
Speaker 7: Likewise, Brian, enjoy your time off when you get to that point. I had a thought about you were talking about using drones instead of man fighters and kind of made me think about Dave Hatter talking about self driving cars and possibility of being taken over.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Anytime I start hearing people talking about AI and drones, I keep thinking Skynet.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and the other Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 5: And the other.
Speaker 7: The other thing is is you were talking about cutting out all those wasteful programs. So I guess I should forget my idea about he pays for bald eagles. Huh.
Speaker 1: Yes, although you know you missed your opportunity maybe with doges coming online and if they really can truly accomplish something, we're not gonna have to pay for bald eagles. But you know, if you rewound maybe ten years ago you get into the Obama administration, or maybe anytime during the Biden administration, if you had friends in government, Hank, you probably could have gotten that one funded. Remember that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm always I'm always a little behind the ball and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Maybe it has something to do with having you're having some measure of honesty, decency and principle. Yes, I could get a study for bald eagle two pays and probably get away with it and build the American taxpayer for some insane amount of money.
Speaker 6: But you know what, I'm not that guy.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go down that road because I do have integrity. I wish more people had integrity and we wouldn't be paying for treadmill shrimp studies and things of that nature. Good call, man, I appreciate, Luke. I can't I get you right now, but if you don't mind holding for a moment, I will be right back after I mentioned a dear friend and someone who will truly help you out again. Recommending her to my daughter and Eric Susette Lowe's camp. They want to buy a house and gosh darn it, they we're having trouble with the bank they were dealing with. It just was a slow process. I don't know they would have ultimately not gotten financing through this bank they're working with. But Suzanne Low's camps with Cross Country Mortgage and she's got access to all kinds of opportunities for financing. So is available in every state of the Union and Puerto Rico to help you with your mortgage needs, whether you're buying a new home or you're financing your existing mortgage. Called Susette, like I told my daughter to and who listened to me and was very happy about it, because I think it was like two days later they were done. Just just get on the phone with her. And the great thing about Susette is other than the process will go by quickly and painlessly. She does not charge junk fees, she does not charge application fees. It's great rates at the low cost and with a smile on her face. She is wonderful at customer service. Particularly. It was nice knowing because the young people they'd never been through this process before. She did a great job explaining to everything to them, getting them through the process, and they're happy, which is great, isn't it? And she'll make you happy to so tell Susett Brian said, I when you give her a call, and you can call her at any time, she'll get right back with you. So don't worry about it being outside of business hours. Just leave her a message or send her an email. The number is five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Email Susette dot Low's camp. That's l O s E KA MP Suzette dot Low's camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 6: Hey Ohio, it's.
Speaker 3: Time for football.
Speaker 6: Its Channel nine says has got mostly sunny day.
Speaker 1: To enjoy it because it's gonna get cloudy, high forty six, clouds build overnight down to thirty four, overcast tomorrow, with the afternoon rain likely in forty four. A chance of a wintery mix overnight Wednesday. Otherwise it's going to be cloudy and raining, low thirty six and Thanksgiving Day, clouds mostly all day with the chance to ring before one pm. I have forty four forty degrees right now, time for traffic.
Speaker 6: From the UCL Traffic Center with you see health.
Speaker 8: The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients and chance for better outcomes. Visit ucehealth dot com. Highways continue to look good this morning. No time delays to deal with into downtown as of yet. Both northbound seventy five and northbound fourth seventy one doing fine on the bridges outside of Milford. There's a wreck on Old twenty eight at mcpickin chuck Ingram on fifty five KO.
Speaker 6: See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Sixty at fifty five KRCE the talk station Happy Tuesday if we head on d Thanksgiving Thursday again. Kevin Gordon filling in for me tomorrow off hill until next Monday. Yeah, I'm be sleeping in.
Speaker 11: Go to the phones.
Speaker 1: I've got a couple of callers online. I promise Luki be first. Luke, you are first fulfilling my promise to you. Thanks for holding over the brake. Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 12: Just you don't have no ability to perceive the future by any means.
Speaker 2: But you hear news stories.
Speaker 12: We hear things all the time, people.
Speaker 6: Getting killed for a little and nothing, for a very.
Speaker 7: Small monetary value.
Speaker 6: People get killed.
Speaker 12: To think that Trump of ake Elon are gonna be able to cut trillions of dollars awaits about any serious repercussion. I'm not talking from Hoodlims or as Joe likes to put the aristocrat people, but I mean literally the aristocrat people. If we think that they're gonna let them cut all that money that goes into their pockets, man, there's another thing. It's gonna be a fight. It's gonna be a fight. I know everyone's already aware of that. But wonder what the heck they're gonna do if they come in and start cutting trillions are billions or one hundred of millions of dollars even from people that have been getting paid for decades.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: Well, it's an interesting thought process, isn't it. And since I can't read the future, and I don't believe in prognostication or tarot cards or tea leaf reading, all I can say is they're going to start working on it. We can all sit back and find out if they're successful or not. We will see where the obstructionists are those people that you identify that will be threatened and whose livelihoods depend upon this umbilical cord connected to the government lifestyle. Those people are going to come out of the woodwork. We'll be able to find them and identify them. They won't be hiding behind the scenes anymore. We'll get a better picture of who they are and how they operate. The sunlight of disinfection that will come about as a consequence of trying to get the bottom line in control. I think it'll be quite revealing, and I will have my popcorn out throughout the entire process. And yes, I am willing to admit that I am prepared to see this fail because of how big the government is and how many tentacles it's got out into the world, and the fact that we have our justice departments and our lettered agencies that have been weaponized against a lot of people, including probably vv A, Gramma Swimming and Elon Musk and anybody else who's going to be involved in cutting the fraud, wasted abuse out of government. Everybody's got a file these days. I've talked about this with Napolitana. Before you ever wonder why a politician will do something that is fundamentally and polar opposite against what they ran on, what the party platform stands for, and everything else. Do you ever think that maybe, just maybe someone behind the scenes showed them their dossier. Oh, by the way, we know what you did ten years ago when you were in the Philippines, or hey, we got your internet search engine a list here, and oh, by the way, I heard you're at a Diddy White party a couple of years ago, and hey, what were you doing with Elon or with Mike Epstein over on Pedophile Island. Anything like that can cause a politician to go, oh my god, holy crap, and maybe do something that's against their best interest. But I'll wait for it. I'll be back here with my popcorn out, hoping, perhaps against hope, that they accomplish at least a fraction of what they're trying to do. If it's only a trillion, only a thousand billion dollars, our deficit won't increase as quickly as it currently is with absolutely no oversight. Who's next, Joseph, Mike, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 12: Hey, Brian, real quick about the widge one thing that you look into is why do we still have NASA if.
Speaker 2: You got Blue Origin Boeing Virgin ready to have mass anymore?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: And who are who is our government paying to launch rockets?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 6: We're not doing it ourselves, We're hiring it out.
Speaker 12: The last one I did send that took them like ten years to build it and they went.
Speaker 2: Around the moon and came back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but remember up.
Speaker 6: There and had a colony up there by now and to.
Speaker 1: Anybody in government who makes the decisions on where we get our rockets from, because it is private sector, now you might want to steer clear of Boeing. Their track reddit record isn't really solid as of right now. My excellent point. I appreciate your call today New Hampshire Gary's online. You're gonna have to wait in New Hampshire, Gary. It's six forty five and take a quick break. Here mentioned affordable medical imaging. Affordable imaging services. I had Ulysses Days on the program yesterday talking about what they do and why they do it. All experienced in doing medical imaging. It's what they've been doing for decades and they went off on their own and started affordable imaging services because they know how stupid expensive. The hospital imaging department is. It doesn't have to be. They keep a very low overhead, but they have real, genuine hospital quality MRIs and CT scans, echo cardogram's, ultra sounds, lung screening, cardiac scoring. They do it all for a literal fraction of the cost at the imaging department. I talked to him, is like, why does it cost so much at the hospital imaging department. It's because people don't realize they have a choice. Hospitals have a lot of bills to pay. I will acknowledge that and when they can say, hey, a CT scan costs five thousand dollars, most people don't have any point of reference. No, a CT scan with no contrast will cost four hundred and fifty dollars. At affordable imaging, you get a contrast, add an extra one hundred and fifty, it's six hundred. What about the Board Certified Radiologist report, which is extra at the hospital now, that comes along with the price echo cardogram four ninety five, it comes with the imaging right or the Board Certified Radiologists Report MRI with a contrast six hundred and forty five bucks. It's crazy, crazy, crazy, What the hospitals charge, so you don't have to go down that road. You have a choice when it comes to your medical care. Five one three seven five three eight thousand five to one three seven five three eight thousand. You can learn more online go to Affordable Medimaging dot com fifty five KRC dot com. Jenleenine Weather, Enjoy the sun Today will be mostly sunny, high a forty six. We got the clouds building up overnight, going down to thirty four. Tomorrow cloudy afternoon rain likely high a forty four, maybe a wintery mixed over Wednesday night. Otherwise floudy and rainy thirty six. And for Thanksgiving Day, just drop on the beef bag and enjoy mostly flotty day with a chance ring before one pm forty four for the high. Right now it's forty degrees in time for traffic.
Speaker 6: From the UC Traffic Center with you see health.
Speaker 8: The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatment said give patients chance for better outcomes. Visit usee health dot com. Crews continue to work with an accident outside of Milford that's on Old twenty eight at mcpick and Drive. It's a couple of utility poles snapped in half there. Elsewhere, traffic's doing just fine. No delays on the highways in or out of downtown. Chuck Ingram on fifty five k R see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Sixty fifty five care CD talk station Happy Tuesday five one three two three Talk Fund five fifty on AT and T phones. Over the phones would go thank you for holding over the break there in New Hampshire. Gary, Good to hear back from you, my friend.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Brian. I just wanted to call up and say I want to wish everybody a happy Thanksgiving and surely give thanks to where it's flowing. Gift thanks to God for who you are, your family and you're surrounding. That's all.
Speaker 1: It's just a beautiful day.
Speaker 7: Uh. Second of all, I would totally agree when nobody's really complaining. Now, actually they're saying that the protest against the Trump administration that's kind of waning a little bit. But once they start cutting the money, but just think about how much money goes to all the Ivy League colleges and that, or to student loans, or to cut housing and stuff like that, that's when the screaming is really gonna begin. So there's gonna be a lot of that. And again, this is not just the end.
Speaker 6: This is just the beginning.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, and we're gonna see what he plays out.
Speaker 1: Yeah with that question, you know, and I look forward to I mean I kind of expected the absolute worst Gary right after the election. I mean, we were all worried, like, what's gonna happen if you know, Trump wins, or what's gonna happen if Harris wins and the Harris folks are run around saying, oh my god, the Nazi's gonna take to the street and there's gonna be rioting chaos. And you know what, there wasn't any of that. We didn't even get the pink hat brigade women running a muck after the election. That's because Donald Trump won the popular vote by a substantial amount. Had he not, had he won just the electoral college, I think the landscape would be completely different because they would have that. You know, we need to get rid of the electoral college. This isn't the will of the American people. This is a failure of democracy. None, None of that could happen because he won the popular vote. Look at the map of the United States and all the red. Look at all of the red that invaded the formerly blue areas. They know they had a losing strategy. They know they had a losing candidate. The Shenanigans that went on with hiding busks, Biden's mental deterioration, this idiot giggling whatever, Kamala Harris as a substitute. Nobody bought into it. So I do agree, though it may come. I've always my anticipation is it's when Donald Trump starts cracking down on illegal immigrants in our country. That's when you're gonna see the chaos in the streets. They will be well organized. They've all got government issued cell phones, they all have non governmental organizations that have been carting them around and paying for everything. All of those those areas are at risk, including most notably the nngos, which have been paid handsomely to ferry the illegal immigrant population, criminal or not around the four corners of this country. So, yeah, wait for it. It's going to happen. But I think we're better prepared to deal with it now. And what's the other thing we know about even that one topic, the illegal immigration problem, It's that it's literally and I'll use the phrase pissed off. People of all political persuasions go to a town hall meeting or a meeting of the commissioners, or whatever they call them. In like New York City, the aldermen in Chicago townships areas of rooms filled with people of all races and ethnicities and creeds screaming at their elected officials about how their resources have been soaked up by this unregulated, unchecked flow of humanity into their neighborhood. Schools can't teach anyway, and they've been made even less capable of teaching because you got nine Jillian kids in a classroom, none of them speak the same language. How can you teach a child when no one speaks the same language? Multitudes of problems, and yet all of the risks of problems that were there before the immigrants showed up are still there. Have we ever solved the problem of homelessness?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Here have ten twelve, twenty five thousand, one hundred and fifty in the case of New York, thousand new people. We didn't have room for the homeless before they showed up.
Speaker 6: What are we gonna do?
Speaker 1: Scream at your elected officials, and it's Democrats screaming it's Republicans screaming to the extent you can find one in any of these Democrat cities. But these are Democrat cities, and these are pissed off Democrats wrong side of the ledger. So will they be supported when they riote in the street? Will the American population abide? And will we all be caught in by the terrible story of the little child who they're going to export into some other country?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just saw a story yesterday about a two year old girl would just across the southern border unaccompanied, unaccompanied two year old brought here by the drug cartels in Mexico. Is that good? Is that right? Is that not a heartbreaking reality? It depends on where you're looking. But in terms of the politics behind this, in terms of the open border owned exclusively by the Democrats, it has not worked out well for them and they know it. And I would argue to that, and maybe this woke DEI crapp Er a couple of the primary reasons Donald Trump just wiped up the floor in his victory in early November. But we'll see. Like I said, I feel a little optimistic now. I'm ready to have my bubble burst. Politicians typically do that, but at least I got a reason to smile right now, and I hope you do too. Six six, six fifty six Right now, stick around. We're gonna be talking with Tom de Lorenzo, president of the Mesas Institute. Got a documentary out playing with fire, money, banking and the Federal Reserve. That'll be after the news. Hope you can stick around. It's the biggest news and trending news events come around the world at the top end, bottom of the allan.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: This report dude, seven oh five if you're a fifty five carsd talk station. Brian Thomas wishing everyone a very happy Tuesday in an early Thanksgiving, last day of the week for me as I move into vacation. But I am so pleased to be here today because from the Mesa's Institute, I'm pleased to welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Showed Thomas de Lorenzo. He is the president of the Mesa's Institute, former professor of economics at Loyal University of Maryland, a time member of the Senior faculty the Mesas Institute, author of so many books, I can't listen them in the time we have allocated for this discussion. But here to talk about the new documentary released by the Mesa's Institute, playing with Fire, Money, Banking and the Federal Reserve. Tom de Lorenzo, Welcome to the fifty five Caricter Morning Show. It's my distinct pleasure to welcome you to my program.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you very much, Brian. I'm please to be with you.
Speaker 1: Well, let us initially discuss okay, and I will admit upfront now I joke about this all the time, so my listeners know probably what's coming. This is where my you know, sixteen years of practicing law and my twenty years of being on radio almost and my MENSA membership mean absolutely nothing. I don't understand the Federal Reserve. I don't get it. I don't understand it. Now I have, you know, a high level understanding of the Austrian School of economics, which is what the Mesis Institute supports. I'm familiar with the Chicago School of economics, the Milton Friedman style, and I know the keensy and econom theory is a bunch of nonsensical, ridiculous idiots. So that's about boiled down what I've got here, but thank you for this documentary so we all can understand what the fat is, where it came from, and why it's so dangerous. So let's begin with the Mesa's Institute and just general principles of Australians or Austrian rather school of economics.
Speaker 5: It was called the Austrian School because some of the founders of the ideas came to America from Austria. Friedrich Hayak is probably the best known among Americans of that. And it's a free market economics international piece through history as things we focus on, and it's a research and educational institution and we try to educate anyone and everyone. It's not a think tank. We don't preserve, we don't publish papers for congressional staffers and things like that. That we're mostly research and educational institution and that's what we do. And the new documentary is aimed at helping people like yourself, like all Americans. It's not an accident that no one knows what the heck the FED does. When Tucker Carlson interviewed Ron Paul a couple of months ago, Tucker said, you know when this came up, When Ron was running for president. He said, I was getting paid to know about this stuff. I was where he was working, I think for a Fox at the time, and he said, and even I knew nothing at all about the FED. And so that's the purpose of our documentary and any of your listeners can look at it. See it for free. It's thirty eight minutes on the nieces dot org slash fire. It's m I sees dot org slash fire, and it's at a very introductory level explaining what the FED is, and it makes the case for abolishing it. And it features Ron Paul and the famous Wall Street investor James Grant, and myself and a number of other people from the Mess Institute.
Speaker 1: Wonderful. My producer, jos Jrecker will add that to my blog page organ a link to the documentary so our listeners can easily find it, and I know they will thoroughly enjoy understanding it. Let us just talk generally, speaking of this concept of running the printing press. I don't under I mean I understand how they do it. It's basically a flip a switch. You print on several trillion dollars and the next thing you know, you've watered down the monetary supply. Obviously in inflationary reality. We have so many charts we can go to what's a dollar worth now compared to what it was worth in pick a year nineteen eighty, nineteen thirty. You can see it's been watered down completely. That is the natural order of things. The more you print dollar wise, the less value each of them has. We're talking about a piece of paper, not something that has physical value. We simply rely on it as a means of easily exchanging car, you know, easily buying and selling goods and services. But it's meaningless as a thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's only based on the promises of politicians. But it wasn't all always that way. Our money used to be attached to gold and that ended. It was ended by Nixon in the early seventies, where you could redeem dollars for gold, and they just said, sorry, no more, you can't do that. And that's why we had the economic complosion of the seventies, stagflation. We were no longer there was no longer any restraints on the ability to counterfeit money. And you know, conservatives have been complaining for decades about overspending, overspending, the Fed is the key to the whole thing. There was a law passed in the thirties. They gave the FED the right to just counterfeit money, legally counterfeit money, then use that money to buy government bonds as a way of infusing money into the banking system. And that's what creates all the inflation. And that law can be ended tomorrow the Congress. Could we send that lot tomorrow. It doesn't have to abolish the FED. It could just do that one step and that would that would keep the FED from escalating the money supply. And we should be seeing deflation now with all the technol logical advance that we have, especially with artificial intelligence and all that. But we don't, because we said, put so much money in circulation, and it primarily benefits the banking industry, the Wall Street speculators, the people who get their hands on this money first that once that's printed by the FED, and then the average American just suffers through never ending boom and bus cycles and the great recessions and price inflation. And the dollar is worth about two cents now compared to what it was in nineteen thirteen when the FAB was created.
Speaker 1: What would the world or our country. Let's focus on Obviously, the United States is our currency. What would the country look like if that had never happened, if they stuck to a gold standard, if your cash was redeemable for physical gold.
Speaker 5: Oh, we would have far less inflation, for sure, and we would have far less boom and bus cycles. You know, the Great Recession of eight followed the recession a bust in the stock market in the year two thousand. Every decade we have one of these busts, and they're all caused by the FED, and that we would have far fewer than that. There's a lot of resource in the field of economics now that shows that our economy is much more unstable after the FED was created than it was before the FED was created. We've never had a perfect world. Nothing on earth is perfect, but the FED has made things much worse and not better. Hasn't controlled inflation, hasn't controlled unemployment any better than otherwise would have been. And we used to have competing currencies and so and we're starting to go that way, you know, with all the bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. We're starting to go in a direction of competition, and some states are making it much easier to use gold and silver also as currency, or at least backing a currency. So I think in the future we're going to have to move in that direction even more than we are now.
Speaker 1: But wouldn't I mean, if we just stuck to a gold standard, then wouldn't they basically the size and scope and expectations that people have of what we can get from the federal government. Wouldn't it be dramatically reduced. Wouldn't the government be extraordinarily smaller than it is now?
Speaker 5: Well? Sure, that's why. You know, the Constitution gives the federal government the ability to coin current money coin money, doesn't give it the ability to print money, print paper money at all, And so they knew what they were doing, and so yeah, we would the government. The Constitution is pretty much a dead letter because of the FED. If the government can do anything at once and print up the money and pay for it, and it creates what economists call a fiscal illusion.
Speaker 6: You know, if the.
Speaker 5: Government said, Okay, we're going to send another one hundred billion dollars to Ukraine, and so we're going to impose a tacks of ten thousand dollars to every working family to pay for it, you see a far fewer Ukrainians black bumper stas.
Speaker 1: I love that one small sliver of the unbelievable, you know, the outlay from government, But you hit the nail on the head right there. We would have to be asked to dive and dig into our own pockets to fund any given situation. I suppose that's a lot like the war bonds back of World War two to a certain degree.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 5: And it's you know, we're approaching the holiday season now, and so government has one big Santa Claus, you know, something for nothing. You know, Uncle Sam is really Uncle Santa, and you know he prints up money and just spends wildly to make the politicians themselves popular. And they all play Santa Claus, you know, four hundred and thirty five Santa Clauses in Congress basically, but it.
Speaker 1: Never seems to stop. Under the current circumstances, what do you perceive to be the future here in the United States? Obviously, the printing press is running the morning we print the bigger our credit card debt. That's way most people kind of view it, paying debt service to our creditors. It keeps getting bigger, a larger and larger share of the government money is being paid to service this massive debt that's not going to last. It can't. It's going to collapse on itself. I mean, that's the way I perceive it.
Speaker 7: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 5: You know, we have such a strong economy and so many work, hardworking people, and so much capital investment that's saving us for the time being from being Venezuela. And we're not going to turn into Venezuela tomorrow as far as that goes. But we can do tremendously better. Even what President Trump is talking about in eliminating the brags that he eliminated four regulations for every new one, and I think in his new term there should be no new ones and eliminate maybe one hundred a day of government regulations because most of them, the vast majority, serve no purpose other purpose other than just buying the loser jobs of government bureaucrats. And that would just free up a tremendous amount of entrepreneurship and investment and work in America, just that apart from the FED. And of course a move in the direction of more honest money will be inevitable. I think you'll see different states saying that you can use this currency that currency more. Pay your taxes with bitcoin or whatever cryptocurrency comes down the pike in the future.
Speaker 1: Now, in terms of oh, shoot, I lost my train of thought, Tom, I apologize. That does happen from time to time. I'm just so baffled by this. Oh I recall now, I've heard Ron Paul and I maybe even Ran his son mentioned this before. I come from a lot of people the idea of auditing the FAD. It has a certain appeal and ring to it because it exists as the standalone body with so much control and power over our lives. Is that a meaningful act? Will that result in something other than perhaps enlightening more people about what you are outlining in this playing with fire money banking in the Federal Reserve?
Speaker 5: Well, well, you know it's meaningful because every time someone like Ron Paul proposed it in Congress, the entire banking industry would circle the wagons and send millions to Congress to bribe the members of Congress to kill it immediately. They don't want people to know what's going on, and every once in a while we get a glimpse of it. There was a General Accounting Office audit about twenty five years ago of a fed a certain sort of a wasn't a full blown on it, but it was piecemeal and they found such things as you know, they had fleets of corporate jets, the huge art collections that the head janitor, this is, this is almost thirty years ago. The head janitor was making one hundred and sixty three thousand a year plus benefits. And that's if it's in the public interest. If what's there they're doing is in the public interest, why can't the public take a look at how they're spending all this money?
Speaker 1: Amen, you get no argument from me. Thomas De Lorenzo, President of the Mesas Institute. You'll find Playing with Fire, Money Banking and the Federal Reserve linked on my blog page fifty five KRC dot com, or go directly to mesis dot org, i SES dot org and if you want to hit that directly. It's been a real pleasure having you on the program, Sir. I truly appreciate the work that you're doing on the light that you're shedding on this profound problem we face.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you very much, Brian and I have a great day and you have a.
Speaker 1: Great day too, And a wonderful Thanksgiving. Tom, take care of yourself. It's sevent eighteen right now. Fifty five KRCD talk station. Yeah, head, don't know, fifty five KRC dot com and check that out and I'll learn something too, because I'm going to be doing that exact same thing myself today. Another thing you want to check out Zimmer Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning three generations is Zimmer folks helping out their customers. Keeping your house safe, efficient, comfortable. That's what it's all about when it comes to HVAC. You're the best pot hands.
Speaker 2: I know you are.
Speaker 1: Chris Zimmer will take great care of you. You can call them up, schedule appointment, get on one of the maintenance programs, keep your your your system running efficiently all the time, and extend the life of it. That's what a regular maintenance plan does. And for more than seventy five years, Zimmer has been at this keeping your home safe and comfortable. And it still represents the company that devented air conditioning. And I know we're heading into winter time, but they still have the cool carrier comfort rebate. So hit the ground running. When the AC unit's going to be running again, it probably will before the end of the year. You know how the temperatures are in this area. But twenty two one hundred dollars savings off a brand new carrier unit. That's the good. The good folks at Carry they make a great air conditioning unit. So get in touch with them for a your HVAC needs and if it goes out at the worst possible time, hey you got them there. Twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. That's what they do at Zimmers. Go Zimmer dot com online, go Zimmer dot com. Tell Chris Simmer, I said, how many car for the appointment? Five one three, five two one ninety eight ninety three. That's five one three, five one ninety eight ninety three.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: You've never been Weather times Chayna nine. They say it's going to be a mostly sunny day today. Enjoy it while I last because the clouds are going to kick in the night. Forty six for the high today. Then this is clouds build overnight thirty four of the overnight low with an overcast day tomorrow, rain likely in the afternoon forty four for the high. A brief wintery mix is possible. More likely just clouds and rain overnight Wednesday with a low thirty six forty four the high for Thanksgiving Day, it'll be mostly cloudy and there'll be a chance of rain before one pm forty one. Now time for a traded update from the.
Speaker 8: U SEE Health Traffic Center with u see Health, the future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give pay, so it's a chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 6: Visit uce health dot com North Bend seventy five.
Speaker 8: Filling in a bit of Kyle's northbound fourth seventy one will cost you an extra minute or two between Brand and downtown. There's an accident in Hamilton, Onto eating at cereal A and on the State Line Road. There's a wreck above one twenty nine. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRCD talk station.
Speaker 1: At fifty five KARSD talk station got some time to talk between now and the end of the hour. After the top of the hour, Insights Scoop with Bright Bart News Oliver Lane, London Bureau Chief on while we're celebrating the Trump win, Europe is on the brink of war. Yeah, that's a little bleak headline for that when Daniel Davis Deep Dive coming up in about an hour. Yeah, same kind of news. In the meantime the phones. Let's see what Tom's got today. Tom, thanks for calling. Welcome to the program, Happy Tuesday. Oh thanks sh.
Speaker 2: Having me, Brian.
Speaker 13: I had a solution for getting Trump out of all his legal woes. If I was paym LA BONDI I'd retry him. Go in front of Republican judge. Have it found not guilty. He can never be tried again. In four years.
Speaker 7: It'd be over the case we'd been heard, and that's how I'd solve it.
Speaker 1: Problem solved. Yeah, it is the way to go. I can't that. I guess there is the possibility the Republican judgst might not go that way, but I think you probably are along the right track in terms of how things ultimately would work out. Tom, thanks for the call, man. And they did dismiss the cases. I guess since you can't prosecute a sitting president. Special Council Jack Smith, citing the long standing Justice Department policy against prosecuting a sitting president, dropped the cases, or dropped at least a couple of them, so Trump doesn't have that legal thing hanging over his head anymore. And it remains to be seen whether down the road something might be brought back up. I tend to doubt it. I think at this point the wins out of their sales. They know they lost the election, they know the American public is right behind Donald Trump in a very large way, and they got bigger problems on their hands. It's a funny, funny, funny thing. I just just mentioned it in passing. Maybe we can talk about a little bit more coming up. I just I did a double take on it as I was reading this article from Breonna Deppish ever Fox and is headline DNC union launches gofund me to help former staffers hit by massive layoffs after election losses. And it begins out the union representing members of the Democratic National Committee launched a gofund me to raise money for staffers who were abruptly laid off last week. And I don't know, maybe just my lack of understanding about the Democratic National Committee, but they have a union for the people who work for them. I guess that sounds like something Democrats would have. And I don't know how many people working at the DNC that got laid off, but I kind of one of the quotes in the article, DNC spokesman speaking with Fox News Digital in a statement, every cycle, political organization scale up to meet the demands, and as the cycle comes to a close, it's a tough reality of our industry. I circle that word we must part with talented, hardworking staff, and I wrote down, you mean like Amazon at Christmas. When I've done work for any given candidate, I've never been paid. I always speak from my heart. It's because they're politically aligned with what I want from government, which is very little, and I'm happy to, you know, lend my voice. I'll go to Republican meetings and speak on behalf of because typically Republican candidates where I am, there's no Libertarians running out there very much, and I understand the likelihood of one of them winning, but you know, a little libertarian. I most of the things align with Republican politics. But I'm happy to do it for free. I've never charged anybody anything, and if I was working for the Republican National Committee in some capacity, I'd be doing it because I embrace the message and the policy and want those folks to get elected. So we don't run ourselves into a giant hole in the ground like along the lines we were just talking about with the Mesa's Institute. But the idea that they're screaming and crying about being let go after Kamala Harris like a plane flying into the side of the mountain lost in such a big way. He seriously a GoFundMe page. I don't know seven twenty seven fifty five K site talk station. You can feel free to call. I'd love to hear from im. You've got something to talk about. And what I want you to do is take care of your safety and your comfort. That's what the Chimney Care fireplace is stove is all about. Safety is so critical though. Okay again, I'm gonna recommend go out and get a carbon monoxide detector. Hear me say that now, for years and you still haven't gotten one. I'm just gonna ask yourself, I just why that is the silent, deadly killer carbon monoxide. And one of the problems that Chimneycare fireplost and Stove is looking for when they come and inspect your chimney, your free standing stove, your waste wood waste pelot stove is maybe a potential leak or a problem in a carbon monoxide situation that could literally kill your entire family. So you can take care of that little component on your own, very inexpensive investment in your safety and the life of every family member in your home. And in so far as the fireplace is concerned. You got a wood burner, there's going to be a kres build up at some juncture needs to be swept out. That's what chimney sweeps do. They have certified chimney sweeps. It'll cause a chimney fire, which can crack the lining of your chimney, and I think they as I learned from Gary Sullivan years ago, it's fire number two, which could really do a lot of damage. Now, if you like me, got a gas fireplace, that too could have problems. That's why I don't have the original one in the home anymore. I had Chimneycare fireplace and stove come out and check it out. Is a hazard, a fire hazard. So out it went, in went the new Just used it the other day for the first time in the season. Just loved that thing. It's so cool. I've got to remote control it fires up. You can adjust the flames and the lighting and the glow of the artificial coals, but really don't look artificial, it's just just cool. So you can get one of those installed right now, get a free standing stove installed, can yourself a wood waste pellet stove. All that can be done now, getting ahead of winter time, and since we are running into winter, you're gonna be able to enjoy that beauty and the warmth of the fire with knowing full well that it's been properly inspected by the experts at the Chimney Care Fireplace and stove. Call them up five one, three, two four eight ninety six hundred eight plus with a better business bureau, have him cleaned your dryer vent out while they're over at your place, or just call them for that reason alone online learn more all about it. It's Chimneycareco.
Speaker 6: Dot Com fifty five KRC the talk station if you're a business owner. The Holidays Room Channel.
Speaker 1: Nine first one one four casts. We have mostly ony day to day with a higher forty six overcast tonight down to thirty four. Another overcast date tomorrow with rain likely in the afternoon of the high of forty four. Cloudy and rainy overnight Wednesday. They say a possible brief wintery mix but with a low thirty six who knows anyway, Thanksgiving Day high on forty four cloudy day and a chance to rain before one thirty nine degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic.
Speaker 6: Update from the uc UP Traffic Center where you see health.
Speaker 8: The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments and give patients a chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 6: Visit u sehelp dot com.
Speaker 8: Cruis are working with an accident on Stateline Road that's just above one twenty nine. There is a structure fire that's slowing traffic on River at Edgar northbound seventy five slows a bit between Buttermilk and Kyle's Chuck Ingraman fifty five KR.
Speaker 6: See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty three at fifty five kr ce DE talk station eight hundred and eighty two to three talk in fact fifty on eighteen team bones. Let us see here do some local stories. Hamilton County taxpayers, uh, maybe kicking in five million dollars in an effort to attract ready, what do you want to attract? Joe? You got someone on your short list, but not this right, not even close to attract a National Women's Soccer League expansion team. This Under the proposed budget by the Hamilton County Administration, money would go to acquiring Scott Wartman, enquire reporting there you go, Scott, giving you credit. Money would go toward acquiring and developing a site for the team's training facilities should the region win the bid. Jeff Aludos speaking with the quirre the Hamilton County administrator, So the county money would be quote helping out in a way we've traditionally held help private entities that have relocated here through site redevelopment. It'll be five million dollars out of a three hundred and eighty nine million dollar general fund budget that also pays for sheriff's deputies, county jail, nine to one to one dispatch, the auditor, among other county departments. Where will it be located, no idea. Aludo has said, quote as long as it's in Hamilton County, well, isn't it nice? And won't be funding projects that are outside of Hamilton County. On Friday, the National Women's Soccer League announced Cincinnati is one of three finalists. We're competing with Denver and Cleveland. An ownership group that includes Major League Soccer franchise FC Cincinnati co owner carl Leondard the Third and WNBA superstar Caitlin Clark has tried to woo the NWSL to Cincinnati. Would the team play the twenty five thousand State c TQL stadium, home to FC Cincinnati in the city's West End neighborhood Ready could host the games for the women's franchise, So I guess they don't have that little detail even ironed out. Maybe they can get into play a pay course stadium, Joe, do you think the Brown family would cot into that idea?
Speaker 7: Nah?
Speaker 1: Nah, I didn't think so. Sorry, folks, I'm getting in vacation mode. Seven thirty six, fifty five kir CD talk station. Otor Exit gets rid of the stands for everything except politics. In appropriately timed thing to remind folks about od O r XIT. That's odor exit dot com. It's easy to find a store locally where it's sold, but why not just buy it online. If you ordered before three pm, it'll be delivered to your front door by tomorrow. They show the products that at otor exit dot com, so you know exactly which one to buy. You will about it that it's safe, it's green, it's natural, non toxic odor eliminator for odor sources of all types, pats, human, skunks, mold, mildew, smoke, and a whole lot more. If you got a stink you want to get rid of it, you got odor Exit at your side, coming with a one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. Now there's a total free number. You may want to call him ahead of time to tell them what kind of smell you've got in on what surface it's on, because they have some great advice for how to use the products. But when you use them as directed, one hundred percent guarantee to eliminate the odor or you'll get your money back. That's a strong statement about odor Exit.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 1: I've used those products for so many years. In fact very again really recently on Liam who he finds something to roll around in the backyard and I don't know what it is or where it's coming from, but man, that odor Exit concentrate does a wonderful job of getting rid of it. Just you know, wipe off whatever's on them with the you know, soap and water and take your odor exit for the of the eliminating the rest of the odor that's still stuck on them. You know how that goes like a skunk spray and just rub it down, Gone eliminated. No problem with Liam jumping up in the bed either, So one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. You can order it online or buy it locally. Just go to oder exit dot com.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: What's up, everybody, It's Peter Schrager.
Speaker 6: We're back.
Speaker 1: John and nine says we have a mostly sunny day to day, cooler high forty six down to thirty four overnight with clouds building up. Tomorrow, cloudy with afternoon rain likely. High forty four overnight, cloudy, raining, media, wintery mix thirty six for the low. Thanksgiving Day, forty four for the high with mostly cloudy's guys, and a chance of rain showing up before one pm. Thirty nine degrees. Right now, time for traffic.
Speaker 8: From the UCT Traffic Center with you see Health of Future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 6: Visit you see health dot com.
Speaker 8: Septhbound seventy five slows a bit past the Reagan Highway northbound seventy five, an extra minute or two between Buttermilk and Downtown. Cruise continued to work with an accident on State Mine Road above one twenty nine and a structure fire slows traffic on River at Edgar Chuck Abram on fifty five Karra see the talk station.
Speaker 1: IFI above KARSD talk station Tuesday, Happy Tuesday, Real quick here. Starting off with Walmart, they apparently are rolling back their DEI policies, adding to the list of long ever growing lists of major corporations who are throwing this crap to the wind. For John Deere, Toyota just among a few. There's an activists out there that's been doing documentaries named Robbie Starbuck and leading a campaign to expose these ridiculous woke policies. He said yesterday posted on x that he had warned Walmart executive that he would be doing a story on wokenness at their company, and he said they had a productive conversation to find solutions and Walmart agree to make some changes, removing the sexual and transgender products inappropriately marketed toward children, reviewing certain grants to Pride events, most notably the ones that fund sexualized content targeting children. Notice the emphasis in my voice that there are groups out there that want to sexualize your children, and big corporations have been out there funding them. This is sick. So at least some changes coming to Walmart. There's some twisted people out there, I mean, really really twisted. You know, I'm little little llow libertarian Brian. I don't care. You know, if you're gay, you're lesbian, if you're a transgender, that's a okay with me. Stay the hell away from children. You're talking and dealing with matters sexual that they don't understand. And with that I turned to Mike Gonzales and armin to Louis Gonzales, senior Fellow the Heritage Foundation, co author of Next Gen Marxism. Tou Louis, chief staff to a conservative actors named Christopher rufo Op ed Peace Journal Today. How Trump can rid Washington of wokeness and DEI and take control museums, eliminate census radical racial categories, and defund public media. And as they write, the electorate has rejected wokeness. Should be obvious like right now, Donald Trump's most effective campaign add featured the tagline Kamala is for they slash them. President Trump is for you. Even liberal New York Times calumnist Maureen Dowd wrote after the election that woke is broke, but celebrating the end of peak woke and burying it completely are two different things. What will it take the care wokeness once and for all? They ask, rhetorically, well, we first have to define it. Woke means believing America is riddled with inequities, where not only its people, but the system itself is racist and in need of systemic overhaul, Where society is divided between oppressors and the oppressed, where history must be expunged and rewritten. This is a world of make believe, but for the woke elite, it colors everything from climate policy to Israel Hamas war. This elite has spent years infusing every institution with policies, procedures, and mandates aimed to transforming society. Diversity, equity, and inclusion measures, particularly in government academia, have created an identity based system in which people's immutable characteristics, not their choices, determine whether they are worthy of awards or punishment. To put a spike through the heart of woke mister Charump. The new Congress must reverse these policies. Some of the following proposals will be easy to implement, others it's harder, but all will help restore sanity. First, rescind and reverse all of mister Biden's executive orders implementing DEI and gender theory, including Executive Order one three nine to eighty five, which advanced a quote whole of government equity agenda close quote. Biden also signed executive orders supporting gender affirming medical interventions on minors, including puberty blockers, cross sex hormones, and surgeries. These two must go. Trump should then sign two executive orders. The first should reinstitute his twenty twenty band on DEI training for federal workers and contractors. The second should define male and female in precise biological terms, which would clarify what vital Tiden nine rule has destructively muddled and preserve the intent of Title nine. Congress should then pass and mister Trump sign the Dismantled EEI Act, currently working its way through the House, which would eliminate DEI practices throughout the federal bureaucracy. Number two here end woke University practices. Trump's plan, which he announced last summer, would change the accreditation system, protect free speech, eliminate wasteful administrative positions, and use the Justice Department to file lawsuits against schools that continue to engage in racial discrimination.
Speaker 6: Three.
Speaker 1: Retake control of museums, starting with the Smithsonian Institution. Smithsonian museums have forsaken their mission of spreading knowledge and instead are trying to decolonize society. The National Museum of African American History and Culture, for instance, as an entire web page deriding white fragility and a white dominant culture. Trump's death Congress to restore the ideological balance by appointing real conservatives willing to stand up to progressive views, to the Board of Regions, which governs the Smithsonian. This board is responsible for a point in the Smithsonian Secretary or chief executive officer. The current Secretary, Lonnie Bunch, said DEI is integral to excellence in museum practice for eliminate consensu or the censuses racial and ethnic categories. These categories formed the life blood of identity politics and are often synthetic. Some were added to the Census only recently. The Ethno racial Pentagon American Indians or Alaskan Natives, Asian or Pacific Islanders, Blacks, Hispanics, and whites emerging in the US Officer of Management and Budget Statistical Policy Directive Number fifteen in nineteen seventy seven, was first used in the dissennial census in nineteen eighty. Activists were banking on what sociologists Christina Moore called collective amnesia, expecting Americans to believe these identity groups had been defined forever. The idea was to balkanize the nation, foster resentment among groups, and allow the left to gain power. But many members of these groups have voted for mister Trump in large numbers, particularly this year. They're assimilated. It's time to stop dividing Americans into ethnic and racial groups. Trump should issue an executive order directing the OEB to percent the nineteen seventy seven directive and subsequent revisions, and ordering the CENSUSPIRER to abandon these faux categories. If the government is truly interested in disparities and should ask questions that have real bearing on people's backgrounds and perspectives, such as is there a father in the house? Does alve the corporation of Public Broadcasting CPB, which funds public media organizations that are responsible for spreading the woke mind virus. Trump can control private companies, but or can't control private companies, but the NPR, PBS, and other public broadcasters collectively receive millions in taxpayer dollars. CPB distributes more than seventy percent of its annual five hundred million dollars congressional appropriations to public media. This must stop. Broadcasters will do fine relying on paying members. Congress must then pass legislation undoing the Public Broadcasting Act in nineteen sixty seven, which established the CPB. It's time to shut it down. This isn't an exhaustive list. Much else could be on it, but everything here is vital to pull America out of the swamp of wokeness. Amen, mister Gonzales and mister tully Well stated five KC detalk station. Foreign exchange, get your car fixed right, Get a fixed with a full warranty on parts and service. Get a fix for less money, which is the point of foreign exchange, very existence, giving you great automotive service for your traditional imported manufacturers. And now Tesla's. They all know how to fix the Teslas so you got another place to take Tesla that is not a dealership, meaning you are going to save money on having that vehicle fixed. Austin and the service technicians, they all are wonderful what they do. Associate automotive or a bachelor with a business and Automotive AC certified Master technicians, factory trained and certified. They have the experience, knowledge and the right equipment to service your imported car whether it's from Asia or Europe, traditionally speaking and now Tesla's and they do it all for less money. Save yourself money, get the full warranty and be happy because they will treat you great. I was just there last week getting my wife's oil changed. Always wonderful treatment. And that's what you're going to get at the Westchester location. That's one I recommend Tyler's the Legs at off seventy five, go east, hanging right on the second street, which is Kingland Drive, and you are there online foreign xform the letter X dot com the phone number. Please tell them. Brian said, Hi, five point three six four four twenty six twenty six.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Here's your nine first warning weather forecast. Apologies to that mostly sunny day with a high forty six. We got cloud show up over nineteen to thirty four. We have an overcast day, the afternoon rain likely with a high forty four. Perhaps the winnery mix, but more likely just the clouds and rain. They're calling four overnight Wednesday, thirty six to below and forty four for Thanksgiving high and a chance of rain before one pm. Cloudy skies all day, thirty nine degrees. Right now traffic time.
Speaker 8: From the UCLP Traffic Center with you see health. The future of care is happening now. Through clinical trials and innovative treatments. They give patients a chance for better outcomes. Visit u see health dot com. Southbound seventy five continues to run an extra five through Walkland, so does northbound seventy five from before Buttermilk into the cut and northbound fourth seventy one from Grand.
Speaker 6: There's a wreck on Stateline Road above one twenty nine.
Speaker 8: Then the structure fires, slows traffic on river at Edgar shot Ingram on fifty five krs.
Speaker 6: The talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty four to fifty five kerr see talks station aning and squeeze one call in before we get to the bright Bart insights Goop. Jeff, thanks for calling this morning in an advance. Happy Thanksgiving you and your family.
Speaker 14: No, happy Thanksgiving to you too, Brian. I just had a thought, and I don't know if if we could convince somebody like Thomas.
Speaker 2: Massey to bring it up.
Speaker 14: But what do you think the possibility would be, since we have all three branches of this incoming administration, to get Congress to pass the bill stating that one bill, one topic, and get rid of all the stuff that's tiggybacked on all these bills that they have no chance of passing on a standalone issues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he had brought that idea up previously in some fashion or another. I would applaud it, I would embrace it, I would promote it. I would do everything I could to try to convince other politicians do the same thing. Can you imagine to the almost literal screeching halt that something like that would do to the ridiculous, stupid crap that gets funded by our government because it's all stuff in the back pages of some very important piece of legislation they're working on. Yeah, let's not do that anymore. Thankfully, we've got the Supreme Court on our side now saying listen, if you're gonna give some regulatory control to these behind the scenes administrators who are cheering out rules and regulations, you damn well better spell it out clearly in the legislation that they have that power, or they won't be able to write them. So we made some headway in so far as the law is concerned. Now we can make some laws that narrow it down even further. I'd love that. I love it. Thanks Man seven fifty six fifty five cars to the talk station, Bright Part Insight Scoop Oliver Laying London Bureau Chief next, followed by the Deep Dive with Daniel Davis at eight point thirty. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 11: Your voice refreshing your country for reasonable American.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs D talk station.
Speaker 3: Best of all, thanks to it has definitely just Vin time a family.
Speaker 10: It doesn't want to.
Speaker 6: Eat great food or any Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey five coming to me No. Six here if you have CD talk station, A very very happy Tuesday to you, last day of the week for me. Kevin Gordon's gonna be filling in for me tomorrow and then on Thursday and Friday, gonna be doing a best of the morning show, and I'm just gonna rerun some of the prior segments while I relax and sleep in and do that kind of thing, waiting for and hopefully he'll be calling in. We are waiting for a call from London from Oliver Lane, the London bureau chief for Breitbart. Not on the line yet, so let me do this first, and if we have time, I'll take Mississippi James call. So bear with me and mentioned James Free Jewelers because I told him I do this, and I'm happy to mention him because I've had great success at James Free Jewelers over the years. Got my wife's time piece there, Yes, it is a beauty, she loves it. I've also gotten her jewelry at James Free over the years, and they you know, at this holiday season, why not experience the luxury feeling at home while you shot the finest natural diamonds, Swiss time piece and rarest creations. It's James Free dot com. Price has got to see to believe, and I recommend just going into the showroom look at it. In ninety five to fifty five main Street. That is my preference. They have really nice people there and that way you can just kind of get a big eye full of all the gorgeous jewelry. And I'm a huge watch fan. They have got some amazing, amazing watches at James Free. So James Free Jewelers, make yourself at home online James Free dot com. Got the big uh you know, Black Friday thing coming up, and let us see what Mississippi James has got this morning, Mississippi James, Happy Tuesday to you, welcome back, Hey, Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 2: You doctor Brian. Now, Brian, I'm sort of surprised at your claim of not knowing, you know, knowing so little about the Federal Reserve. Are you man the.
Speaker 6: Guy Yeah, the guy for the well, the guy for the It wasn't surprised.
Speaker 1: He's like, well, you're like most everybody else in the world, Brian, because it's it's crazy. I you know, I have not committed time, effort, and energy over the years to really doing a deep dive into the FED. I figure it is probably something that I'm gonna have to deal with my entire life and I have no control over it. So yeah, blame me for being uninformed. I will admit to it, and I'm happy to well admit my ignorance on a lot of topics. I am. I listen a lot of topics. There's not a lot I know about, but that's just kind of a life. So I mean, what's your take on the whole thing?
Speaker 2: Now, what he said really wasn't nothing new. That conversation been out I don't know how many years. Yeah, but have you heard of a book called The Creature of Jackalilan.
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: I have none.
Speaker 2: That's supposed to be a synopsis of the origination of the FED. In nineteen eleven or nineteen thirteen, they went down on the coast of Georgia at a private meeting. And that's some of your big owe car tales and banking cartales from New York. I hate to call it names because I may get them twisted up. But the Rothschild, the Morgan and they had this meeting down in Georgia, Coasta, Georgia, a location called jack lyleand that's the name creatures of just the island, And they created that federal reserve. It was a private fund and it would probably well intended because the government was spending money back then, so they say, hey, why don't we set this up where the government have to pay a feet to borrow money and that'll stop them from baring so much money. So they call it federal. Nothing federal about it is private. Yeah, And like everything, it may start as a good concept to prevent something, but then it's.
Speaker 1: Swing so far.
Speaker 2: So every dollar that the Fed bar, it had to pay his energy of feet and it was intending to stop them from the government from bar and so much like I say, when it won or right, you know, hey, they bar more and more and if Feds had more and more money, then it became a cash cow. Yeah, yeah, check that out.
Speaker 1: I am looking at James, I'm looking at it right now. As soon as you mentioned the name of the book, I pulled it up on Amazon and they've got a there's sort of a follow up edition. The original one, as you pointed out, came out a long time ago, but they have the creature from Jackal Island a second look at the Federal Reserve, and you know, the intro and the explanation of the book reads like exactly like you're talking, which I will use your comments as a springboard to provide my listeners with you know, the breakdown of the summary of what this book is about. Because I think you just convinced me to read a book, James, and I appreciate it so heavy. Listen, man, I'm not intomorrow. I'm taking vacation, so I want you and your beautiful wife to have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope you really enjoy it. And you know how much I love hearing from you. My friends, have a great holiday.
Speaker 10: So here we go.
Speaker 1: This is what it says. Amazon creature Jack Island a second look at the Federal Reserve. This classic expose of the FED has become one of the best selling books in its category of all time. Where does money come from? Where does it go? Who makes it? The money magician's secrets are unveiled. Here's a close look at their mirrors, smokes and machines, the pulleys, cogs and wheels that created the grand illusion called money a boring subject. Just wait, you'll be hooked in five minutes. It reads like a detective story, which it really is. But it's all true. The book is about the most blatant scam of history. It's all here. The cause of wars, boom and bus cycles, inflation, depression and prosperity. Your worldview will definitely change. Putting it quite simply, this may be the most important book on world affairs you will ever read. That's a bold statement. The fifth edition fifth includes an Olholsbard analysis of bank bailouts under the Bush and Obama miministrations that are shown to be nothing less than legalized plunder of the American people. Many other updates have been added, including a revision to the list of those who attended the historic meeting at Jekyll Island where the Federal Reserve was created. Well, that sounds like a real page turner, James. So you got me convinced. I'm gonna have to get a copy of that and read it for myself. It has are you ready, four eight hundred and sixty eight ratings, five stars, four point eight across the board, So apparently a lot of people read it, and a lot of people liked it. James, Thank you, my friend. Appreciate you turning me on to that. So, yeah, if you weren't listening earlier, James's call springs from my conversation with Tom di Lorenzo, who's president of the Mesas Institute, and I pointed out the outset. I mean, the FED is like the peace of God for me. It passes all human understanding. But as Tom pointed out, he's got a new documentary the Mesa's Institute Puts Out or put Out, and you can get it on my blog page five Casey dot com, because just got a link to the page the name of the documentary playing with fire, money, banking and the Federal Reserve. So I'm going to start with that probably when I get home today, even though I'm on vacation, I'll still take a look at it and then maybe go back into that creature Checko Island. And I bet there's a bunch of listeners out in the audience go as you're an idiot you only just know found out about that. Uh yeah, five three seven, five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. So anybody is where Oliver Lane is, the London Buera chief from Breitbart. He's missing in action. He's supposed to be joining the program here. Uh and I'm sorry he's not on while we are celebrating the Trump when Europe on the brink of war, he points out and I guess I want to know why. I mean, we really seem to be and Daniel Davis, assuming he joins me at bottom of the air deep dive with Daniel Davis, He's gonna be talking about the situation in Europe, Ukraine, Russia, and of course WW three's on my notes as well. I'm very, very very concerned, and I still am aching and I just have this huge desire to know why we feel the need to put our service members in Ukraine to operate long range missiles into Russia. That's exactly what is happening. No one is denying this. Those longer range missiles require US military personnel to operate period, end of story. Are we answering to the generals from Ukraine? Are we the United States of America, our Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, whoever? Are we picking targets in the interior of Russia to hit? And as Daniel Davis has pointed out previously, they aren't doing a whole lot of good. First off, because it's taken us to the next level maybe World War three, but second because they have missiles that shoot them down. So while escalating this to the point where Russia is talking about nuclear war, and it's been changing its policy for the use of nuclear weapons against anyone who helps out the Ukrainians or fires missiles into the interior of Russia, that will be us. We're not really accomplishing anything by doing so. Oh is that him on the phone there. We'll take a quick break and we will get to Oliver Lane. Stay round KRC for more information. Hey, sixteen fifty five KRC DE talk station. Better a few minutes late than never. Welcome to the inside Scoop Ladition, Oliver Lane, Lennonbiera chief to talk about. Well, you're up on the brink of war. Welcome to the morning show, Oliver. It's a pleasure to have you on.
Speaker 11: I'm good London. Sorry to delay, but glad to.
Speaker 2: Be on them.
Speaker 1: Oh, like I said, better late than never. I was just going on a little bit of a spleen vent. We the United States of America, have given Ukraine these longer range missiles which have thus far been launched into the interior of Russia. But it requires US Army personnel or military personnel to operate them, given the security clearance and all the other information they need from the United States military. So we are actively engaged in war, right now, what's the point of this when those missiles typically get shot down by the Russia's version of the Iron Dome And are we really on the brink of war with this activity?
Speaker 11: Oliver, Well, there's so many things here to which we could append allegedly. Indeed, you say that these missiles can only be fired with assistance from US troops. I do believe that to be true, but I don't think we've ever had exact confirmation of that. However, that is in line with what we know about the other missile systems that have been given to Ukraine, for instance by the United Kingdom the storm Shadow, a very potent bunker buster missile, and also the skulp uppered by the French, very similar system. And in terms of them being shot down, well, a lot of this we have to rely on Russian claims. And I was looking at yesterday almost like a classic day in this conflict, where we have the Ukrainians on one side boasting that they have these fantastic strikes against Russian airfields, Russian military installations, but complaining of course that the Russians are bombing civilians. Then on the other hand, from Russian state media, you have the boast that they have struck successfully Ukrainian airfields and Ukrainian military installations and complaining, of course that Ukraine is bombing pavilion civilian.
Speaker 2: Places in Russia as well.
Speaker 11: So we really do have to rely and of course both sides, of course saying those strikes, the enemy claims they were ineffective. We shot down all the metals, we shot down all the drones, So I then we do have to take with a pinch of salt, claim that Russia is shooting down all of these missiles. Some inevitably will always get through and attack ems.
Speaker 2: As it's called.
Speaker 11: The Army Capital Missile System, which is what is now being fired into Russian interior, is a modern, sophisticated US weapons system, so we will expect it to achieve some strike. But you know, you're talking about the escalation that we're seeing here allegedly, what does this mean for US? And I think the really sort of key thing to think about here is how is Russia going to be interpreting this and how do they feel about it, particularly in the light of the US presidential election.
Speaker 1: I know, just a real change in.
Speaker 11: The tone of Russia's coverage of the Ukraine War and the US involvement of it as soon as the election results were in. And I know it's a bit kealya ready, and I apologize to that. They used to call it kremlinology back in the Cold War?
Speaker 1: Do you remember that.
Speaker 11: Long long time ago now? And I think, but what I'm trying to divine is this, I think there's an idea inside the Kremlin that actually the Biden era is over, and even if Biden is doing stuff that is not strictly logical or wise, like signing off on these six when actually for months and years, the very clear Biden White House line has been this is dangerous as an escalation.
Speaker 1: We probably shouldn't do this.
Speaker 11: And then as soon as he loses the election, he changes his mind, or whoever is in charge of Joe Biden changed their mind.
Speaker 6: And I just wonder whether there's a.
Speaker 11: View inside the Kremlin which is okay, we've just got to put up with this for two and a half months and then we can speak to somebody who is saying aka President Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's a very thoughtful and excellent analysis because clearly, and in your riot, I mean you sort of in passing reference something that we talk about all the time here in the United States, which is Joe Biden's not in charge of Joe Biden. Somebody has made this decision on his behalf. Now is it this t to screw around with in advance of Trump taking office, mess with the upcoming Trump administration, which to me I find absolutely immoral, horrific, and that anyone would do that just to aut as a measure of spite, put tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of people's lives at risk just because they don't like the having lost the election. I just hope that is not the case, but it sort of seems that way. But if you're looking at it, as you point out, from the Kremlin standpoint, kremlinology great line from the past. If you're look at it from Putin's standpoint, it would be wise to just say, all right, all right, all right, we can manage the situation. We'll take a wait and see approach. If they shoot some missiles out us, we'll try our best to knock him out of the sky. But this war is not going to go away anytime soon. So let's just take away and see approach. Because Donald Trump has promised he's gonna solve it, and let's see what he proposes, because I presume any resolution of this war, and Oliver correct me if you think I'm wrong, is going to be at least some land concessions to the Russians.
Speaker 11: Well, that's definitely an option that's on the table. And there's been all sorts of discussion, a lot of inks bill over what President Trump's options might be. But the fact is past and future President Trump really hasn't shown his hand in terms of what his plan is to bring peace. And of course I think it's fair to say that actually he won this election in part on a platform of peace, which is I think it's a great thing actually for America that your people will actually vote on something it's so fundamentally important as that. But he hasn't told us what the plan is, and there's clearly a good reason for that. But in terms of where it could go, yes, of course, there's a discussion of a territory slot, and that being the case. I hate to say it, like I hate to see my friends lose, but Ukraine is kind of running out of time on that because I think it's dangerous what they did counter invading Russia. There's no doubt that is really truly escalatory. And when I saw they'd done it, I went ooh, Criky, where's this going to go? But in terms of having it, when the negotiating table finally comes and Presidents Trump is sitting at the head of that table and Presidents of Lensky is sitting opposite President Percy, as I guess may may or may not happen, having a few hundred square miles of Russian territory in your hand is going to do you some good.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, fair enough. From a military strategic standpoint, I don't know that it's doing the Ukrainians much good. But in a treaty and in a resolution standpoint, it may provide enough leverage that they can save some face giving up some territory in Ukraine, most notably the territory that's occupied by people who are predominantly leaning Russia. Anyway, real quick here, I guess the other component of the fog of war, which you very clearly pointed out in terms of are we really hitting that, are they really hitting this? We don't know. It just seems to me that after all this time, the Ukrainians are going to run out of young men fighting the war, and that seems to be one of the biggest challenges that they have right now. Absent fresh boots on the ground, how are the Ukrainians going to maintain the battlefront?
Speaker 11: Well, this is a real problem. And if you look at the Ruffians having suddenly invited their friends in North Korea to join the battle, I guess it's a problem that.
Speaker 2: They're facing as well.
Speaker 11: So Ukraine I think approached this war when it started quite rationally, and it's a cruel decision for any politician to have to make. But when they started, I mean, we're going to call it conscription is actually inscription, but I think it's close enough for us to use that as shorthand. When they started bringing people into the military by hook or by crook at the beginning of this war, they actually started much further up the population pyramid. I believe even now, the average age of the Ukrainian soldiers in their late thirties or early forties. And when you see those photographs of active units in the field, a lot of them are grizzled, bearded old men.
Speaker 6: And they've never really made.
Speaker 11: A comment on this as such in terms of explaining their thinking that I'm aware of, but looking at it from the outside, I strongly suspect this is because they have an understanding that Ukraine has a finite number of young men, as frankly all Western countries do. We're experiencing a demographic collapse all across the wear and I suspect they looked at and said, well, the guys who still chance of having a family in the future, we're going to call those up last. And I believe that will happened, and that counts in Ukraine's favor. But in terms of like the core of your question, let's be honest, is how long do they really have to run with this conflict? And so it's not just a matter of you know, is Donald Trump going to stop stending missiles? Is the European Union going to run out of money to keep the war machine running? It's when are they going to run out of bodies? Which is it's a horrible question to have to contemplate. But this goes back again to your story of this sorry, your point about the fog of war, which is absolutely right. I cannot think of a conflict that I have covered or researched in my time, either as a journalist or an academic before that where the Father War was so great, and actually we have very poor information from both sides. In most wars you can rely on at least one side, I mean small wars, not generally you do get one your reliable picture of what's happening, and that's it's not been so great in the Ukraine War. Obviously, I don't feel like I can really trust anything that Kremlin has to say.
Speaker 6: I think you'd have to be mad to do.
Speaker 11: So, right, But also, like Ukraine is in a is in a absolutely generational war. It is it is a it's a fundamental question whether that country.
Speaker 2: Will continue to exist.
Speaker 11: So I don't exactly blame them for doing the propaganda game that they've done, because they have to do that to keep themselves on the wall. But my god, it makes it hard for the rest of us and the rest of the world to really have a clear understanding of like, really, how many casualties have they actually had, how many of those were killed casualties, how many could.
Speaker 1: Return to the front line. You know, I don't want to call it lies.
Speaker 11: That sounds very uncharitable and very unkind.
Speaker 1: But we do not have a good picture well they got to maintain some measure of propaganda to keep the idea of continuing to give them arms in play. Fascinating. Oliver Lane, you a wonderful job. I appreciate the time you spent my listeners me and I recommend as always people bookmark Breitbart, b R E I T B A art dot com for Oliver Lane, his writing and everybody else there.
Speaker 6: Oliver, keep up the great work. I'll look forward to having you on the program again real soon.
Speaker 11: Heany coming on stair.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Eight twenty seven Daniel Davis Deep Dive come up next. We'll continue this war related conversation after these brief words.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Is that time a week for the day Deep Dive with Daniel Davis retireala tennant Daniel Davis on the program every Tuesday to talk about well sadly speaking of late war and I see World War three's on the list, Daniel Davis. That does not comfort me any bit at all. But let me wish you in an early happy Thanksgiving and hope that you do enjoy your Thanksgiving. And I fortunately get the rest of the week off, taking some vacation time, so I don't suspect we'll end in a happy note. Just got off the phone with Oliver Lane, the London bureau chief for bright Bar, talking about of course Ukraine. The fog of war came up. You know, they did the missiles hit, didn't they hit? Did they do damage? They didn't do damage. One side's got a statement, the other guy's got a statement. But I mentioned the idea and my wonder, my wondering out loud over how much longer Ukraine can even continue to fight, regardless of the military hardware they are given and whether or not we're operating it. But there's a finite amount of people in Ukraine and a lot of them are getting killed on the front line. And Oliver pointed out, you know, when you see photographs in the front line battlefields, these are old men. These are people in their forties or fifties with you know, gray beards. And I mean, are those the backup reserve troops. Are they going through the old guys first before they get what's left to the young people because nobody's having kids anymore.
Speaker 7: Where are we on this?
Speaker 1: And are I mean, I mean, you get where I'm coming from on this?
Speaker 4: Unfortunately I do, And listen there's also a news out just this morning that puts a little bit more facts on this issue here, and that is that I think I may have mentioned maybe last month or so, there was a piece out in the New York Times that had a graph that graphically depicted how much territory of the Ukraine has been losing to Russia in the last six months, and there was a dramatic uptick, and as of October I had set an old time record that was more than all of the games that Russia had made in twenty twenty two, which was pretty amazing since that inn Isi invasion. And then now, as expected, the numbers out for so far in November, and you see we still got reporting more than a week to go of the data from when it's again it's already exceeded what they had lost in October. The last month, they have lost more square kilometers than any single month of the war. I mean, it's just unbelievable and of course commensurate with all of those territorial losses or human losses, and they're continuing to be killed in larger numbers. You're right outside of this issue with the with the hypersonic missile and the irashnik is it's called in Russian. Uh, It's a very real issue that by itself, but even off of that, by the headlines, off that on the ground, the ground is just continuing to go in Russia's favor, and no matter what anybody wants to say, if if the war is not brought to a negotiated end pretty quick, then Russia will win militarily on the ground by force what they want. And that is a stark, cold reminder that most in the West just can't get their head around because they've been told stories the whole time about how Ukraine's winning, in Russia's losing, et cetera. Listen, I gotta tell you. I was on Fox News a couple of days ago, and the anchor actually said he must have believed this. But people are saying that Russia is worn out and they're about to collapse at any moment. I can't believe people are still saying that in the third year of the war. But that's where we are right now, very different than reality on the ground.
Speaker 1: So absent and infusion of troops, which I imagine would come from NATO countries, they would have to enter into this conflict. Turning it probably in the into a global conflict. Ukrainians can't rely on the North Koreans the cent A bunch of people have to fight the war on their side of the of the field. So this is just ultimately gonna slowly go in that direction. Do you think that Vladimir Houghton, with the new election with Donald Trump taking over, might take us a little bit more of a wait and see approach because he has heard Donald Trump say it. You've heard Donald Trump say it. I don't know how he plans on accomplishing it, but laying hands on this situation and resolving this conflict right away, obviously that is going to require, at least in my mind, I'm going to rely on your learned opinion over mine. If it's wrong, it's going to require Ukraine to give up some land in order to resolve the conflict. They're gonna have to give back what they did in invading Russia, but also make major concessions on Ukrainian land in any resolution with it doesn't involve well just losing completely right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the first point, no, Putin is not taking await and see attitude. He is is put on the accelerator and he is pressing harder and faster, and they are taking more and more territory. He is going to do everything he can to put on the table before January twentieth conditions for Trump to come and negotiate.
Speaker 10: This just I've got all all the big cards here.
Speaker 4: I want to negotiate, He's already said, but Putin has willingly I will definitely talk to him, would be happy to do so.
Speaker 10: He's never said anything different all throughout the war.
Speaker 4: We've had many chances to have this stopped with negotiations, We're unwilling to do so.
Speaker 10: Now Putin's going.
Speaker 4: To show both strategically with that orationik that was just fired, and tactically on the ground. I have all the cards, and if you want to have a negotiated settlement, it will definitely require the succeeding of a large amount of territory and then Russia it already has, and probably more than the current line of contact in negotiation. If Trump doesn't agree to that, he'll just keep his foot on the accelerator and keep going.
Speaker 10: That's the hard part about this.
Speaker 4: I kind of had hoped that by the time Trump came in, if he had won, that he would be in a position to maybe freeze to call along the current line of contact. But now then that's off the table in my view, because Putin has the ability to say, no, I'm not willing to take any deal order of the territory that I think we need for our security. And so I think that we're gonna be in a tough situation. By the way, I don't know if you've seen, but there's been some really conflicting signals coming out of the Trump camp. Coming out you had one Mike Waltz on Fox News, you know, recognized kind of what you said that there's you know, there's potential for conflict all over the place. We could be into a global conflict really fast if things don't get taken care of. So they want to have a negotiated settlement. Then you had Gorka Sebastian Gorka go on separately and say that Putin's gonna come or Trump's gonna come in and demand that Putin to give him exactly.
Speaker 6: What he wants.
Speaker 4: Or if you think we've given a lot of stuff Ukraine so far as peanuts compared to what we're gonna do, which is not a good signal, and it's a contradictory signal. So it's unclear exactly what Trump is gonna do when he takes office.
Speaker 1: Well, the contradictory signal seems, you know, maybe logical from some level to keep them confused, because that way we're not hardline in any one direction or another. But I mean I find the idea of continuing to throw hardware at this to just be a wasted proposition, given there's got to be people behind the guns to use them and shoot them and defend the territory, and that's not happening right now, as you point out. So I know that there are areas of Ukraine who are pro Russia. I mean, that was the situation with Crimea. Correctly, they weren't necessarily Oh yeah, so what is Russia? Let's look down the road. I mean, the worst case scenario, Russia takes over and takes over the entire territory. What are they biting off in that regard because I think of, you know, the anti Russian people who would still be there, the pro Ukrainian the patriotic Ukrainians you know, fighting a guerrilla war or constantly like you know, mosquitoes going after the larger Kremlin occupiers. How do you see that playing out over the long term.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it certainly could.
Speaker 4: And you may recall even before February twenty twenty two, when all the Russian forces were massed around there, there's a lot of talk in the West that Ukraine couldn't fight a conventional war against Russia and win, so they were already planning even then for a.
Speaker 10: Guerrilla world war. That I mean like that from the outset.
Speaker 4: Then all of a sudden, Ukraine did a lot better in the first year than anyone thought, and that kind of tabled that. But I would imagine that there's so much hatred for Russia in the West that just like we did in Afghanistan and when the Soviets invaded in the eighties, that we would probably still support, you know, a clandestine operation just to keep Russia, keep people nipping at their ankles, et cetera.
Speaker 10: But I think that Putin is aware of a lot of this.
Speaker 4: And so I doubt very seriously he's just gonna go and conquer all the country because that would be botting off a huge, you know, hard headache for him long term, because especially in the western half of the country, there is intense hatred for Russia and he has no interest in any of that. So I think that he would limit himself territorially to the other part, to the western part, as long as that what's left in the East, I'm sorry, what's left in the western part of the country is non aligned and not going to be in NATO. I think that he'll be okay with that. We'll see how it works out. But that's what he said from the beginning. I think that's probably true.
Speaker 1: Well, and that speaks volumes to negating the whole idea that you know, his designs are on all of the eastern NATO countries. I mean, that's that's just not possible.
Speaker 4: That's always been a canard by the war supporters to try and fear cost, fear in people to say, oh my god, it's Hitler again.
Speaker 10: It's never been that way. He still doesn't have the capacity to roll in and take conquer and territory. He doesn't have it. He has no interest in it.
Speaker 1: Daniel Davis Deep Die find him online podcast Deep Die with Daniel Davis. Daniel, I always enjoy our conversations. I look forward to next Tuesday in another one. Keep up the great work.
Speaker 10: And always my pleasure and have a good Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Thanks I'm giving to you and yours as well. Take care of my friend. It's a forty year. But if I have cares to detalk station time for me to mention because I want to and you're go be happy that I did covers since he