Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Well, remember when George gascon through the Hail Mary to get the Menendez brothers out to save his seat at the La County DA's office.
Speaker 2: Gavin Newsome tried to get.
Speaker 1: In on it, tiptoed his way towards it in asking the Parole board to create a report about the Menendez brothers. Are they really that much of a threat? What would happen if we release them? What is the risk factor? Well, that report was done, and as this case made its way through this portion of the legal system, a judge most recently seemed poised to re sentence the brothers to life with the possibility for parole, to change their life without the possibility of parole, to fifty years to life with the possibility of parole. Well, that seemed to be what was going to happen today, as Michael Monks report in KFI News, today was the day that that judge was going to hear more arguments from the La County DA's office and the Menandez brothers attorney Mark Garragis no stranger.
Speaker 2: To us about this very matter.
Speaker 1: Well, late yesterday the DA's office said no, no, let's delay this because they got their hands on that report from the parole board.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they want to go through and review this.
Speaker 4: Finished parole board assessment see if there's anything in there that's going to help the bolster their case.
Speaker 2: Well, they have it, so they've reviewed it.
Speaker 3: Then why would they ask for a delay.
Speaker 2: Because the judge has yet to review it.
Speaker 3: Oh, they want the.
Speaker 1: Judge to take this mark Geregis is fighting this. So that leads me to believe being an armchair detective what does that even mean?
Speaker 2: Armchair detective?
Speaker 1: I don't know anyway, being an amateur sleuth as i am, it leads me to believe there's something in the report that the DA's office likes that Geagis does not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'll be interesting. It is a small court room. We were talking. We heard Michael talking with the handle about what was going on. There's only a handful of people that are going to be allowed into this thing to even view whatever's going on. If the judge does allow this, or if the judge does not grant the delay, this is supposed to take a couple of days of the current hearing that they're working.
Speaker 1: Well and Geagas is a grandstanding that's what he gets paid handsomely to do. But he says, is you heard Michael report that he doesn't think the judge.
Speaker 2: Will grant this delay. The judge will grant the delay.
Speaker 1: Geregas may still be able to present whatever he decided to present today, but the judge isn't going to make any sort of decision and the DA's office doesn't need to present anything today until the judge gets his hands on that report.
Speaker 4: Well, Michael Monks is at the courthouse Invan Eyes and is going to keep an eye on it.
Speaker 3: We'll talk with him next.
Speaker 2: Week, like what's in that report?
Speaker 1: If the DA's office likes it and Geggas does not. There's got to be something that the parole board about the Menendez brothers that makes them a bigger risk than initially thought. There's got to be something that they have done or not done or whatever inside that has led the Parole Board to put out something that Garrigus is afraid.
Speaker 4: Of, because the information that we've had about their time in prison at least last decade, has been positive. It's about college degrees. And about the work that they do and the volunteering and right, they.
Speaker 1: Were pissed off that the gravy train was ending and they wanted money, and they wanted to continue to do nothing and use their parents' money, and the parents said no, no more. So they were pissed off, little spoiled brats, and they premeditated the brutal murders of both their parents. And this whole yes, but they were molested. Evidence that was not even admissible in court for at least one of the trials has gained all of this attention thanks to Ryan Murphy's Netflix show.
Speaker 2: And it's just not true.
Speaker 1: It's the narrative that's got so much oxygen and it's just not true.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, you know, these days, we don't necessarily have to say things that are true.
Speaker 3: We just have to say things that people want to hear.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'll be the first to say, I just say things forcefully, I don't really know what I'm talking about, with just.
Speaker 3: A slightly aggressive tone, and it becomes believable.
Speaker 4: Exactly a lot going on today outside of the Menenda stuff, and again we'll talk about it again next hour. The Italian Prime Minister is meeting with Trump's cabinet at the White House today. Georgia Maloney has been referred to in many headlines this morning as the as Europe's Trump whisperer. They're going to be talking about tariffs, We'll be talking about what Jerome Powell has said and why this is not a great idea to get into a fight with.
Speaker 2: These Trump fire Jerome Powell.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, but even attempting to do so.
Speaker 4: This story just came out from Politico right before the show started that Scott Bessen, the Treasury Secretary, is telling the President, hey, cut with the whole, like, we hate the fed chair guy because the more pressure you put on on him, even more uncertainty gets injected into the markets, and we don't want any more of that stuff. If the President had said in a tweet or sorry truth social post today that he can't Powell's termination can't come soon enough, I don't know what but he's referring to. If he's saying he's going to try to fire him. The Jerome Powell's term is up next year, I believe. I don't know if he's just going to wait it out, or if he is going to if Trump is gonna wait it out, or if he's going to try to pressure him to do something, but all that's I don't know. And then we have a giant pinhead of a senator from Maryland who is in El Salvador trying to stand up for a guy who, even if he's wrongly deported, is not the guy that Democrats want on their reelect us. In twenty twenty six poster, this is the story about the guy from Maryland, Abrego Garcia, who is in the prison in El Salvador that was rounded up with a bunch of a gang members or alleged members and sent to El Salvador. Chris van Holland is the senator from Maryland who flew to El Salvador yesterday to try to I don't know who he thinks he is, but to try to meet with Abrego Garcia in the prison there. They don't allow that El Salvador is not the United States. And it doesn't matter if you have that great pin on your lapel that says you're a senator from the great state of Maryland.
Speaker 1: They they don't q.
Speaker 2: Photo op dog and pony shows.
Speaker 1: They don't care.
Speaker 3: Now now, he's not the first member of Congress.
Speaker 4: There have been I think at least two Republican members of Congress who have gone down there for the photo shoot.
Speaker 3: That is just another pinheaded waste of time.
Speaker 4: But Chris van Holland said he talked to the vice president of El Salvador because give me this robin, give me this computer over.
Speaker 3: Here, this thing right here there it is.
Speaker 6: And I said to the vice president of El Salvador, look, you've got somebody in your worst prison, the prison for terrorists, who the United States Court has said he has committed no crime. And so I asked him if he had any evidence that kill Mar was a member of MS thirteen or had committed any crimes.
Speaker 3: And he said no, all right.
Speaker 4: The idea that this guy is an MS thirteen member is based on some pretty flimsy evidence, but it is evidence. You can't say that there's no evidence. Not only do they have him connected to certain members of MS thirteen, they have an informant who gave up his rank in the gang.
Speaker 3: They gave up his street name in the gang.
Speaker 4: He's also a guy whose wife obtained a temporary protective order against him because he beat the crap out of her. At least once, probably twice. And then this woman, his now wife, she had the father of her two previous kids, also go to court to try to get a protective order against the guy because he was afraid for the lives of his children who were living with him at the time.
Speaker 3: This is not.
Speaker 4: A poster boy of like, just an innocent guy making a living and doing nothing but trying to achieve the American dream.
Speaker 1: We knew when this first came out that they nobody should be hanging their hat on this guy. There wasn't enough evidence to suggest that he was, you know, the poster child for their sending innocent people away. You know, there just wasn't enough evidence. Not enough people raised their hand and said, what a great guy. He's done this, this and this, you know, and so you kind of knew where this was headed.
Speaker 4: Well, and to me, this is a fixable problem. President Trump gets on the phone with his brand new friend, the president of al Salvador, who was just at the White House last week, and just say, hey, listen, we're going to send a plane down, Let's get this guy back up here. We're going to go through the whatever process they want us to go through, and we're going to deport him again.
Speaker 3: That's that that would.
Speaker 2: Be That's not the way he does things, But.
Speaker 4: That would be the way to keep all of this from flaming up in their faces. Both sides have got this thing completely wrong. It feels like.
Speaker 1: I see your story about a member of Congress and I raise you another one.
Speaker 3: Which one you know?
Speaker 2: Lou Correa?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the guy from Orange County?
Speaker 1: Sure been around forever. Sure do you know who his son is? Carlows Harlows Correa, the short stock? No, no, who Correa is a very popular last Okay?
Speaker 3: Who is it?
Speaker 1: A don from love on the spectrum? So that makes perfect sense because when you saw the dad on the FaceTime, didn't he look familiar to you?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: And it was like that looks like a someone's office, like an office that yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well then.
Speaker 2: That that fun It makes sense now right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That closes a loop for me because that was one of those hanging chats that.
Speaker 1: I hadn't I'm like, why isn't the dad in the room and like he's school and like all over the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he looks familiar and uh yeah, Lou Correa's son. Funny, look at that.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI.
Speaker 1: In the show The Potential Women Potential wives for the Farmers, there's four farmers, I think three farmers, four farmers.
Speaker 7: And.
Speaker 1: Not once, not twice, but maybe thrice, one of or several of the girls said to their perspective farmers or the producer or the camera, I really like how masculine he is, or I really like your masculine energy, or I like and I thought, it's not toxic. It's a pushback. It must be a pushback, and I embrace it because I too enjoy masculinity, and I don't enjoy it. Like I was pulling into the garage this morning, there was a guy walking across the street, young man, good looking young man, and he was wearing pink slingback crocs like tied eyed pink slingback crocs.
Speaker 4: Now you're you're not on the fall for the uh ironic wearing of the pink crocs like Jason Momoa, like Petros.
Speaker 1: Right, no, no, I don't fall for any of that crap. I cannot handle the crocs on anybody. You can be Petros, you can be Jason Momoa. You can be the most masculine masculine dude, and the crocs ruin it. But that's the whole point. Like I just I uh, that's maybe what was alluring to me, because these are all four guys who run farms, or at least they allegedly purport to run farms or have a hand in it. They're wearing boots, they're wearing hard pants, they're doing things, and the women were appreciating that. And I just don't think I've heard that for a handful of years now, because it's all been taught, like you said, all to masculinity.
Speaker 3: It's always bad.
Speaker 1: We want our men to hide their penises and swim with the girls. Like all of the things that I hear about are awful. So it's kind of an I guess that's why I I'm trying to rationalize why I watched the show.
Speaker 4: I don't have to rationalize anything. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's just to me a very big surprise that you would.
Speaker 2: Go that low sink that yeah far yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe, Well, it's a dark time when hacks and friends and neighbors come out on Thursdays and Fridays.
Speaker 4: It's just gonna say we we caught up on everything yesterday and all I did. So it was like, I don't know, ten minutes after nine last night and we got this next episode of this Your Friends and Neighbors with John Ham, and then we just watched previews for.
Speaker 2: Like see ten or fift you were also go to bed.
Speaker 1: That's what I did basically about the same time, about nine ten, I was like, turn this crap off and read your freaking book. But yeah, and it's also what is it day four? Is it day three or day four?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: I think this is probably the fourth day of the gloomy. It's taken a toll. It might rain tomorrow too, it might rain today. Well, then I don't know what we're going to do. We're gonna have to bring our own sunshine tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a new episode of Farmer Wants a Wife tonight.
Speaker 4: A little ray for the end of the week. All right, the drug powel story. Fire Festival two. Check your email box, by the way, because Fire Festival two ticket buyers are going to get a full refund because that nobody saw this coming.
Speaker 3: That thing is imploding on.
Speaker 2: Are you so upset? I know you are really looking forward to totally.
Speaker 3: We'll do that.
Speaker 5: We come back you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI am six forty.
Speaker 1: We told you about Jerome Powell talking at that meeting yesterday about his outlook for the future when it comes to the country and the economy, and how it's a pretty uncertain Trump said that this guy can't leave his job soon.
Speaker 8: The level of tariff increases announced so far is significantly larger than anticipated, and the same is likely to be true of the economic effects, which will include higher inflation and slower growth. Tariffs are highly likely to generate at least a temporary rise in inflation. The inflationary effects could also be more persistent.
Speaker 4: Well, not a surprise. He's saying that the tariff uncertainty and the tariffs that we do know of right now are going to cause a strain on the economy.
Speaker 1: But Trump doesn't want to hear that. He wants to hear only positive news. He only wants to hear that this will be great in the long term for the country. He doesn't want to hear anything more about the speed bumps that this is going to result in. He doesn't want to hear about inflation. He went on Truth's Social this morning and with regard to Powell said quote, termination cannot come fast enough.
Speaker 2: However, Powell's job looks safe.
Speaker 1: Any attempt to rem move him would obviously feed instability in the markets already suffering. And it's a legally questionable option that Trump considered in his first term as well. I haven't gotten into how that could work, but I'm assuming because they wrote it up in Politico as a legally questionable option. It gets pretty weedy when it comes to can Trump get rid of Powell?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and his reference to it in this truth social post today he said the ECB European Central Bank is expected to cut interest rates for a seventh time, and yet too late. Jerome Powell of the Fed, who is always too late and wrong, yesterday issued a report which was another and typical complete mess. Oil prices are down, groceries even eggs are down, and the USA is getting rich on tariffs.
Speaker 3: Too late.
Speaker 4: Should have lowered interest rates like the ECB long ago, but he should certainly lower them now. Powell's termination cannot come fast enough. The people in the White House again are forced to try to interpret what the president rights on social media.
Speaker 2: Not doing that.
Speaker 1: The White House spokesperson referred all questions back to that post.
Speaker 3: It's the idiot.
Speaker 4: It's an idiotic thing for this guy to continue to manage via social media. And I wish that somebody would have gotten that message to him.
Speaker 3: And then you just.
Speaker 2: Say this guy about the president.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Oh God.
Speaker 4: They have said that at least been telling Politico that this is less of an attempt to oust Jerome Powell and more of an effort to throw the FED chair off balance and potentially position Jerome Powell as the scapegoat if things don't pan.
Speaker 3: Out the way they should.
Speaker 2: I like that shirt.
Speaker 3: Thank you? All right?
Speaker 2: Coming up next?
Speaker 3: Ow what Necker whiplasher there?
Speaker 1: Well, I thought that I I before I forgot the compliment, I should deliver it because I have this new thing where I'm trying to be a nice person.
Speaker 4: Aw yeah, hey you asked what the armchair armchair detective meant?
Speaker 7: Yeah, good morning garyon Shannon flying fish out at the airport armchair detective. I mean somebody just sits on there, you know what, and don't do jet.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's me.
Speaker 7: They don't get out the chair, just on the computer screen, don't do any firsthand footwork. Yeah, real police work and we got a lot of armchair everybody, have a good one. Love you guys, take the show going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was thinking based on that as well about my future in the LAPD. We talked to Chief Jim McDonald and he left the door open for me.
Speaker 3: There's a top end agre right limit.
Speaker 1: And then somebody who I live with mentioned and the Academy to me, and I thought, I think that would be fun to go through the academy, okay, And the person I live with was like, and I could envision what he was thinking when he didn't say words, and it was something to the effect of, do you really think you could last one day doing all the physical things that are required in the academy?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not boot camp, but it's like boot camp.
Speaker 2: Close, you know.
Speaker 1: He's like, what about like drop and do fifty burpies. I'm like, I could do fifty burpies, but then that's it in a time limit, like for one day. If you gave me a day to do fifty burpies, I could totally do it, but then that's it for the day. Right.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's onto something there.
Speaker 4: Listen, if you were foolish enough to buy tickets to fire Festival too, because the first one was such.
Speaker 3: A bang in time.
Speaker 4: You're going to get a refund because this thing is already falling apart.
Speaker 3: No, I am not telling lies.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: I find myself getting more frustrated with leaving football games and things like that. Have traffic jams getting out of events gotten.
Speaker 2: Worse or they have they always been this bad?
Speaker 1: Have like plan as planning gone by the wayside in terms of traffic flow and getting people out of there? Are people not paying attention that are in charge of traffic flow?
Speaker 2: Is it the cell phones? What is it?
Speaker 1: Is this a way to skimp by? You just put people out there invested, don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 3: I think I've told this story before.
Speaker 4: There was a time when some friends and I were leaving Candlestick Park after watching a Giants game middle of the afternoon weekend. So it's say it's four or five o'clock in the afternoon, and there was a report towards the end of the game of a missing kid. Oh that's right, yeah, And they were stopping every single car as I mean, they had limited the number of exits. First right, they closed some of the otherwise would be open gates and they closed them off and they were filtering people through. That would to me was one of the first times that I remember looking at all of the different places. Like when you come in, if you're going to charge for parking, especially think Dodger Stadium, you've got to control the access points. You got to be able to get people to pay. But when it's time to leave, say you had four gates open, when it's time to leave, you should have fifty gates open.
Speaker 1: I mean I come from a family where my dad he would leave candlestick four minutes left on the clock in a forty nine er game.
Speaker 2: This is back when it Niners had it all buttoned up. You know, there were no nail biers, good few, very few. Well, we leave with four minutes left on the clock. I park out.
Speaker 1: My husband parks outside of Dodger Stadium, so we don't have to pay for parking.
Speaker 2: But for me, I like to get out quick. I get that.
Speaker 1: So it must have always been a problem, Like if my dad was doing that in the eighties just to get the hell out of there before the But my god, I leave Chargers games, and I just want to I have to put on like some sort of balming music something because he drives me insane. You're just yeah, Jay Shetty, absolutely poor Jay listens to so much profanity in those rides home. But like it just it's maddening how you just don't move for like twenty four minutes. You're just sitting there, and you gotta figure out there's gotta be a better way. But here's the thing, there's no money to be made with getting you out quicker. True, So that's why nobody cares.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean the last time I was in an event at the Forum, for example, Yeah, leaving the Forum is weird, especially if you're just going to the four h five because it's I mean it's right there. Four or five is not that far away from the Forum. But to get to the four h five you have to go all the way down that Oh I you turn to go all the way back down in front of everybody.
Speaker 1: They have never broken so many rules or run over so much stuff as when I'm trying to leave an event, because it brings out the violence in me. It brings out that I don't care about the law.
Speaker 3: I don't care violent secrets.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, the sequel to the Fire Festival is in doubt. There's been a flurry of messages to the morons who actually bought tickets to Fire Festival two, indicating that the follow up, scheduled to begin next month in Mexico, is not going to go as planned. ABC News has been reporting that one of the ticket holders they talked to got a message saying that Fire Festival two, scheduled May thirtieth to June second in Plia del Carmen, had been postponed. Some ticket holders got a message that organizers were looking for a new location after a dispute with some of the local officials there in Pliadel Carmen. Some of the officials at Pliadel Carmen said, nobody asked us if they could do it here, like nobody filed for permits or anything like that. The Washington Post did say they were going to send a reporter. That reporter got an email receipt for a refund worth sixteen hundred dollars from.
Speaker 3: The ticketing partner for the event.
Speaker 4: The soldout dot com that was the ticketing partner for the event no longer lists any ticket options Billy McFarland, who in the first In the first go round, Billy McFarlane spent six years in prison for defrauding investors of twenty six million dollars back in that that was made for a couple of great documentaries about how what an absolute s show that first one was.
Speaker 3: It became legend how bad it was.
Speaker 4: And then he announces a sequel back in February, about three years after he gets out of prison, and again the people, I want to know how many serious people were buying tickets or were all of them reporters for the Washington Post who were going to make fun of this thing. Now, after years, he says, of thoughtful planning and reflection, they had amazing plans for Fire Festival two, and they wanted to adventure seekers who would take the leap to help them make history. The ticket sale packages ranged from fourteen hundred dollars to one point one million dollars. They were originally going to do this near Ela Mucherres, a Mexican tourist hotspot near Cancun.
Speaker 2: I like that place.
Speaker 3: I don't even know.
Speaker 4: Where that is officially, but a tourism official for the island said the event doesn't exist, and there were no permits for such a festival, so last month they decided they were going to move it to Plya del Carmen, which in a luxury hotel. Confirmed that they did have a partnership with Fire Festival, but.
Speaker 3: No lineup of performers.
Speaker 4: There was no plans outside of a very fantastical listing of what the tickets would actually get you when you were there. So, if you were smart enough, he had four brain cells and a million dollars.
Speaker 3: You are smart, you get a refund.
Speaker 2: You are kind. I don't remember the other stuff.
Speaker 3: You don't remember that?
Speaker 1: No, I remember smart and kind, but I don't remember the other nice affirmations is that.
Speaker 3: You are worthy? No, you was kind.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the rest.
Speaker 3: You is important?
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, apparently not important enough for us to remember.
Speaker 3: To remember you are smart?
Speaker 2: You is important? Oh I love that?
Speaker 3: To feel better?
Speaker 2: Do you feel better?
Speaker 3: You know we forgot motivational Monday. I think that might be.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I was wondering all week I've been off. I thought it was sad. I thought it was a seasonal effective disorder.
Speaker 3: You could sneak in a motivational darn right, me will?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Something came out of your mouth that was that was motivation?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I spit food?
Speaker 2: Can we do that next?
Speaker 3: Spit food?
Speaker 2: Can we do Motivational Monday next?
Speaker 3: If we need to?
Speaker 4: Hell, yeah, we need Well, we did tell everybody we're gonna talk you me and.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that. You think everyone's tuning in to listen to us talk about Karen.
Speaker 3: Bass, Hell no, Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 1: They're listening for Motivational Monday on a Thursday.
Speaker 4: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap