Speaker 1: Football.
Speaker 2: We got lots of football to talk about. That's why we're doing the show even though I'm supposed to be on vacation.
Speaker 1: Kelly can I can? I go on one of my patented rants. If we didn't do the show every time, you won't go on vacation, there'd be like three episodes a year. I mean, you you have to do the show when you're on vacation. When would we do the show?
Speaker 2: Well, I thought you're gonna I thought there was like a rant coming, and you just made all.
Speaker 1: Right, fine, I'll rant. I mean, I just think that if you you're always somewhere, you can't say, like, oh, I'm doing this this weekend, we can't do the show. When would we ever do the show? What?
Speaker 2: You're not gonna say anything?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: I I often move the show dates around for travel purposes and usually try not to do them when I'm somewhere else, But right now I'm in a Ruba with Ariel and I could not up this free trip. So here we are.
Speaker 1: I got a question before we hit record, I think before he record, hope, before he record, you were saying to our producers Johnny Hoilglan and Louis to Nophrio that you and Ariel Ariel Epstein very cute girl as well. You guys have not been getting hit on at bars by guys in Ruba. What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: We don't get hit on by guys period. I think pople realize this. So okay. So Brett and I've been playing this new game.
Speaker 2: It's like a relationship talking point game and you draw like some really crazy cards, like you could draw like some really crazy cards. And one of them was like, how would you react if I cheated on you? And I made a joke about, well there's something I don't meaning.
Speaker 3: To tell you, and he's like, I hate you. You're an asshole.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But the reason I can make that joke is because in real life I think I'm just some too big of a bitch.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: As must as that resting bitch face when we go out. But like I will say this, I don't want to be approached. I mean some guy recognized me the table the other night. I was nice to him his wife. I'm not a bitch, but like I've always been, like even when I was single, Like if I wanted someone, I just pursued it.
Speaker 3: Shocker that I was, but.
Speaker 1: You are the You are the hunter, not the hunt. That is your personality type.
Speaker 2: Right, If there's a guy at a bar that I'm interested in, I'm going to talk to him, probably before he talks to me.
Speaker 1: So you're you, So you don't never get approach. I see now, you never get approached at the bar because you've already approached the guy.
Speaker 2: It's too n I don't approach at the bar because I don't go out in the wild, and like, I just it's just not it's just not who I am. I can't explain it, but I I guarantee Ariel and I are just sitting there mingling with one of us one are like ourselves or like I made friends with the seventy year old couple the other night at the bar.
Speaker 3: That's who I hang out with on vacation, random people.
Speaker 1: It's just strange to me.
Speaker 2: She's with her grandparents. We can't hit on her.
Speaker 1: It's just strange. Like there's two cute girls at a bar. They're watching football. You're probably yelling at the TV. You're probably yelling at Ariel. You're probably yelling at everyone, right and no one. Maybe it's because you're yelling at everybody. Maybe that, and maybe I figured out the answer. Maybe you're just yelling at everybody so nobody wants to talk to you. Is that Probably?
Speaker 2: I can't explain it other than it's for the best.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, No, it is for the best. It definitely is for the best. I'm just surprised.
Speaker 2: Find me a twenty two dollars Margarita at the hygott Okay, anybody that's I don't want to pay twenty two dollars for margerite at the high end, but I wouldn't want to buy anyone either, And then we have to have the awkward small talk and then I have to tell you that I have a boyfriend.
Speaker 3: It just just don't, just don't. It's for the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes sense. That makes sense. How's h How I feel like Ariel's been down there for the better part of a month that she.
Speaker 3: Okays she has if she kicked me out on the patio.
Speaker 2: So I'm sitting out here sweating, as you guys can see, because she is inside in the nice ac because she said her show is more important than this one, and.
Speaker 1: She when you're when you're on vacation for that long, I'm a working guy. I'm a working bloke. When you're on vacation for that long, you ever, like take a day off from the partying.
Speaker 2: Every single day that we've been here, Yeah, that's what I'm asking. I mean, you're on vacation, you have to.
Speaker 1: She's been down there for two weeks. She's drinking every day for two weeks.
Speaker 2: I would have to ask her, But she's drunk every day with me, So I'm gonna get.
Speaker 1: She's a young kid. Though, she's a young kid, so.
Speaker 2: She probably yesterday I was in a world of her, a world of her, but I suckered, like have a pina colada at lunch, like gather yourself, film bad on it.
Speaker 3: And then we had to go to a wine tasting.
Speaker 1: Isn't that a little extra sugary?
Speaker 2: I mean that's idea, right, So what happens? What do you get all screwed up when you're hungover? It's your blood sugar levels, it's your liver function, it's all these things, and the last thing you want is alcohol. Well, those little crappy frozen peanut clattas are a lot of sugar, so it's gonna give you a little fake boost and it's just an enough alcohol to tell your body it's okay to get back into the groove.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, that's a that's good vacation one oh one from the Perma vacationer Kelly and Vegas. So take notes, kids, How did you do last week college and pro football? I don't really remember. I don't remember hearing from you very much because you were I guess you were in Aruba.
Speaker 2: Yeah, last week was outside of Miszoo. Miszoo was awful. What a terrible pick by me last week?
Speaker 1: I can't remember. Oh yeah, I forgot about.
Speaker 2: That bad game, so it was a bad pick on my part. I also liked Wisconsin. Let's see what else I liked last week. I liked Wisconsin. They won outright, I did not at them. You did win as a double digit underdog. I also liked wake Forest Stanford at least covered. I liked Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I had a really good weekend.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Then we went to the NFL where teasers did really well and everything else sucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Weird NFL week for the book. So we we had a terrific morning. We did great in the morning. Of course. The highlight was Miami beating Buffalo, which, yeah, say speak Carolina. Miami won that game pretty easily. Actually, the only game in the morning that we really got hurt on was Baltimore beating Minnesota. We didn't really point it on that game, but it was a great morning for us. And then you go to the afternoon. You got three games. You got three teams that are all a touchdown ish favorite six seven, eight. Not only did they all win, they all won just going away, and all three games went over the total. And you know what the worst part was, It was like we got to a point in the risk room on Sunday afternoon where all we could root for was one of the games to be close enough to justify it being on sound. The money. You know, the money's gone. We lost the money. Let's just hope that somebody can get it as close enough so we can at least show the game on sound. Pretty bad, pretty bad. We lost on the Sunday night game. We did okay on the Monday night game, Eagles beat the Packers. Saw a lot of shark guys on Eagles.
Speaker 2: I I overthought that one. Well, I had so much money on Eagles and all those The only team that didn't cover I think was Steelers. Was in teasers. So I had all these things tied up into the Eagles, and I thought, man, Eagles are so square, everybody loves them. Down here was Packers plus one. I don't know if the west Gate ever got to Packers plus one, but I was like, I've got a hedge off. Some of this liability not hedge off. Try to middle right Packers. Good god, they had so many opportunities just to win that game by one through seven. I asked you what you guys needed. You said you needed Eagles, But that's only because that's how it had booked it all the other sports.
Speaker 3: The Packers.
Speaker 1: Is a shameless That is a shameless homer. I mean, guess what side we need on against your job?
Speaker 3: Like, you're not supposed to have a fandom, if you're like in the risk room.
Speaker 1: You would think, you would think, But look at Jeff Jeff Sherman, big Lakers fan, right, I look at look at Randy big Yankees fan, big Yankees fan.
Speaker 2: Sounds like you need to find people with less bias opinions to work for you.
Speaker 1: I don't. I feel like everybody in this industry has like all kinds of biases.
Speaker 2: I don't. I just watched Crack show right there in the Super Book yesterday, and Crack is literally like no to the Broncos, John Orlando saying yes, and I'm screaming no from the mountaintops.
Speaker 3: The Moroccos are not gonna win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Everybody, relax. They're gonna be the Chiefs this week. That's gonna be their super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Every time I see Crack, I saw him yesterday in the book, he seems so stressed. Do you think you're causing Is that what it is? Because I don't remember I've known him for a long time. I don't remember him always being this like ball of stress. Do you think it's you? Is that the term? Is it not ball of stress? What is the term? I don't know. He seems re Are you causing that? Because I mean, I feel like, if you're the cause of that, would you take it easy on him?
Speaker 2: I don't know how I could be his source of stress. But I let him just vent on our show, Just just let him go off and talk about the bookmakers that limited him not named John Murray, and he throws all these other bookmakers under the bus by name, and then he calls John Hogan's like you gotta edit that out.
Speaker 1: You gotta edit that out.
Speaker 2: I'm like, come on, we're gonna call these guys out. We gotta let it, we gotta let it fly.
Speaker 1: I like, uh, obviously, you know. I like Bill, I like I like most of the Betters around town. But there there is a job that we have to do. We can't just let people just win forever as much as they want. That's not really how it works. I think Bill understands that. You know, I mean, you can't really blame these people. Plus, you don't know where their instructions came from. Do you think that we do you think that we have ever been told by somebody above us to limit a customer? Of course we have. Yes, the answer is yes.
Speaker 3: I think that's where it always comes from.
Speaker 1: Pretty much. Yeah. So I don't know it's you.
Speaker 3: It's not your money.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I've had I've had times where I've looked at an account and been like, we need to cut this guy back. This this guy's killing us. But of course I have, and so is Ed and so is Jem.
Speaker 3: You actually kicked people out for that.
Speaker 1: You just know, you kick him out. You kick him out when they do something like nefarious like pass.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I know one person that was kicked out, and then when you told me the story is why, I'm like, oh, that's I would have kicked him out.
Speaker 1: No, there's certain things they like to One thing people do in our space is like they'll they'll do something they know they shouldn't do, and then they'll do it again, and then maybe they do it a third time, and then they get kicked out and then they go social media and cry and it's like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you guys have the wrong lineup on accident.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've done it.
Speaker 3: I set you a text.
Speaker 2: He sent you a text like, yes, listen, I would love to bet it against you, But then what are you gonna do. You're gonna you're gonna pay me out, and then you're gonna say sorry, you're no longer allowed to bet here. So I'd rather have the I'd rather have the relationship with you to be able to bet their long term.
Speaker 1: Just my personal opinion, I'd prefer that we have the relationship. What about what do you do you want to talk about the Thursday night game?
Speaker 2: I mean, you don't want to talk about it, but we made me joff and CT. Sorry they're doing construction over there. Me, Joff and CT decided that we were going to enter one more Splash Survivor contest. Yeah, one hundred thousand dollars guaranteed. There's a huge overlay right now. So I have an I have an intrue with Brett which is gonna make for great that's gonna be better than the relationship cards. Start a fight, and and what are your and Brett's picks for week eleven?
Speaker 1: So I know?
Speaker 2: So we went Pats tonight, okay, and he wants to go Packers on the road.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Brett is a Packers fan. I know. Oh no, Brett, come on, man, No no.
Speaker 3: Jameis Winston.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But the Ravens terrify me because they're a divisional game on the road. Houston terrifies me because they're a divisional.
Speaker 3: Game on the road.
Speaker 2: Steelers are at least a divisional game at home, even though they looked absolutely awful last week.
Speaker 1: They do.
Speaker 3: It is hard to beat a team twice in the division.
Speaker 1: I don't know the Giants. The Giants fired their coach, right, How did the Giants man? How did the Giants general manager keep his job? Seriously.
Speaker 2: So this guy always I feel like those guys are They always blame it on somebody else, so they gotta keep their job.
Speaker 1: This guy, I assume, is the one who hired the coach. He decided to let Barkley go to Philadelphia. He re signed Jones, then cut him. Now Jones looks really good. This guy is like the worst GM in the league. He kept his job, and now you know.
Speaker 2: What happens jameis Winston either throws five touchdowns passes or five picks, and I don't know which is gonna happen. You never know what, James, You're gonna get. So, but I don't love any of these divisional roads favorites. That's against the rules. I don't want to use the Chargers on the road at Jacksonville. I think it's hard, but I think you have to use Pat tonight if you have Pats.
Speaker 1: What about the Dolphins in Madrid against.
Speaker 3: The Committally don't love international games.
Speaker 1: I've never won an international game in my life. Well, we so, Kelly, So it's me you Chris Thurston, who I love and Joff would also love, and we're doing Oh I love Chris. Uh So we're so we each have one fourth of the entry. But are you going to buffalo everyone and like make all the picks and is that and then blame us if they lose? Is that?
Speaker 3: Ba is Joff entered?
Speaker 2: Because I'm in Aruba, so I Brett and I before I left information Yes, well, Joff has his own account, his own splash count. So when I got down here, I'm like, oh shit, I can't enter. You can put your picks in from anywhere once you enter in a legal state. But I forgot to get us another entry before I left. So Jof's like, all get one. Just everybody been moment I said, okay, great, So no I have zero power.
Speaker 3: Joff has all the power.
Speaker 1: Joff has all the power. That's great because I feel like when you have all the power, you just sort of steamroll everybody, like the poor SAPs at the bar down there in Aruba and then.
Speaker 3: Has bought me a drink since we've been here?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? And then the first two days we're here on booze and then.
Speaker 1: If you lose, you point fingers. Do you think that's fair?
Speaker 3: What are we right now? We should see what this chat says.
Speaker 2: Okay, games Monday, games Zuo games, road teams, individual games. So it's basically ninety of the games.
Speaker 1: Joff just said, it's NFL. They're all, well, what about this, like the Dolphins? What about Dallas? I what about Dallas? Monday night football? Here in Las Vegas at the rest, I'm going to the game, so I could if if Dallas loses, I could be the one that gets to blame because I'll be there. I'll be at Allegiant Stadium.
Speaker 2: I I want to I okay, fine, go ahead, put it in the chat. Go ahead. No, we want to take an eight and to that point favorite when we could take a three point favorite.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I'm not an expert on these things, but I would imagine that Baltimore has a certain level of future value that Dallas does not possess. Is that fair to say?
Speaker 2: Okay? Well, I mean I don't care anymore. You guys decide. How about this? Do you guys decide? For this week?
Speaker 3: We're taking the path tonight, that's all I know.
Speaker 1: Well, obviously, so we'll take the Patriots tonight. Far as stuff for our producers to clip out, we got two great producers on the show. They have bet, they have bet New England up quite a bit so New England. New England was more like a ten and a half point favorite in this game. They got up to eleven and a half, we got laid. We took money at eleven and a half, and then they laid twelve and a half while Kelly and I were recording the show. So we're actually up to New England minus thirteen right now at home against the Jets. We did see an account that we respect that took six to one on the money line from New York. But I would have to say.
Speaker 2: The short money, he's hedging his uh, maybe he's hedging his West Kate five K Survivor pick.
Speaker 1: That means possible. You know, there's some big Survivor contests around town. I would think New England has to be has to be a very popular play tonight in Survivor, right, I would, Yeah.
Speaker 2: New England loses tonight, there's gonna be a lot of dead money in that splash pool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the splash pool. Kelly Kelly wanted me. I said my NFL season was over when Atlanta or the Arizona lost to Tennessee. But Kelly Kelly twisted my arm. He twisted my arm.
Speaker 2: Yes, I just raided you incessantly in the group chat until you said, yes.
Speaker 1: My season ended. My season ended. I folded up with dignity. Why are you dragging me back into this thing?
Speaker 2: Because that's the beauty of Splash is you can just keep getting back into action action action, action actions plush.
Speaker 1: I will say, Splash does a great job, and I do like that overlay.
Speaker 2: I'll give you that's really what it is. Even my college football contest has a huge overlay this week. I've probably not done the best job promoting it being here in Aruba, so that's my fault. But I think it has less than two hundred people entered, which means there's like a seventy five dollars overlay.
Speaker 1: Right now, let's do college football, because I think this is a pretty good Saturday in college football. I think it's one of the better ones we've had really in the last month or so. I mean, there's some pretty good games this weekend. We've seen sharp money on a bunch of big favorites. Kelly's favorite. They laid James Madison minus twenty against Appalachian State. Michigan is playing Northwestern at Wrigley Field. They laid ten eleven and eleven and a half. I think we even saw money on the over in that game. Do I remember that correctly? I'll come back to that. I might have that wrong. How about this one? They laid Notre Dame minus ten and ten and a half at Pittsburgh. You know, one of my favorite coaches, Paton Ardoozy, had a very strange quote this week.
Speaker 2: What is wrong with him?
Speaker 1: He basically he basically came out and said he doesn't care if they win because that he sees there. I mean, that's pretty much what he was saying.
Speaker 3: He doesn't care if they beat one hundred and ten to four.
Speaker 1: I mean he understands that their path to the College Wall Playoff is through winning the ACC. I think, right, that's what he's saying. But it's still a very odd thing to say. I have to believe that beating Notre Dame would be good for their football program period, but also would be something that would help them get into the playoff. No, it's a strange quote.
Speaker 2: Sometimes coach is like, because we know coaches will lie. Do you think maybe he just said that to like throw people off, I don't know, or to make it seem like they don't care and so maybe Notre Dame doesn't prepare as well.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was weird if youre Notre Dame. I believe Notre Dame has three games left, and I believe they play They play Stanford, and they play Syracuse. So no offense to those two programs. But if Notre Dame beats Pitt on Saturday, they're gonna make it to the collegeball playoff. They're they're gonna.
Speaker 3: Make they actually want to.
Speaker 1: I will say that Stanford. Stanford has had a very impressive season relative to their preseason expectations, and I believe that game is gonna be in Palo Alto. But if Notre Dame wins on Saturday, they are very likely going back to the College Fomball Playoff. So you would think that they wouldn't need any extra motivation. It's a strange quote from Nordeosy. They all, I did, I can.
Speaker 3: It's a strange guy.
Speaker 2: What do you want me to say?
Speaker 1: He's they bet over forty one in the Michigan game that games at Wrigley Field. They bet UNLV minus four and a half and minus five and a half. That game is here against Utah State and they bet Iowa plus seven at USC. I've seen that a couple of times. There is public money on USC, but there was some sharp money on Iowa. There's a little bit of money on Georgia minus six. That's the big game of the week, Georgia between the hedges against Kelly's, Kelly's Hero, Kelly's college football crush, arch manning Texas long Horns. George is George is six point favorite in that game. That should be a good one. Haven't seen much on Alabama Oklahoma. That's a good one too. So there's a lot of good college football this week. It's a pretty good card. It's a pretty good card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say it's a pretty good card. I'm actually interested in the Iowa game. I had them on my long list. I didn't get to the window with them yet. I was kind of debating and if I could stand the stomach to bet Kirk Farns for the third time as an under dog after he completely screwed me over versus Indiana and then Oregon last weekend.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you one more huge favorite. I'm gonna do it to you. They this game is Friday, Oregon. Oregon is that at home against Kelly's guy PJ. Fleck Minnesota, and they laid twenty four, and they laid twenty five. Oregon at home now twenty six point favorite against Minnesota. That game's Friday Night, Kelly. You doing a lot of You're doing a lot of nodding in this episode.
Speaker 2: Because I'm muting myself because people are walking by with like talent cards and they're picking up the pool and there's children, and I'm just going, they're.
Speaker 1: Doing their They're doing their jobs.
Speaker 2: Kid.
Speaker 3: It's the show where I just let you talk for a change.
Speaker 1: Oh great, uh oh, the listeners will love that because I know everybody tunes in for me. I'm sure, uh let me uh give me your HETI threesome and I'll go to the NFL give me your hoty.
Speaker 2: It's Northwestern. I actually think twelve and a half is way too many points for that deepense. I am not impressed with Michigan or Bryce Underwood, so I can't wait to lose that one by forty.
Speaker 3: I also like Michigan State.
Speaker 2: I think this is a really good spot for Jonathan Smith here at Home to finally get a big ten win over Penn State, who just had their heart and soul ripped out after thinking they can.
Speaker 1: So did the Westgates Sports Book. By the way, because Penn State outright against Indiana was going to be I think it would have been our biggest win of the year in college football. I think it would have been. If it wasn't the biggest win of the year, it would have been right at the very top of the list. And Penn State they didn't even try to get a first down. They just ran it in the line three times, punted it. Let's punt it down there to the Heisman Trophy favorite and see if he can do anything, or the Heisman Trophy co favorite.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's kind of how I felt about Iowa. I'm like, what you gave Oregon too much time? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: We we talk about this all the time.
Speaker 2: And then they went for two so they'd be at least against a field goal, which I understand that you do have to go for two in that situation.
Speaker 1: Your aggressiveness should be correlated to the strength of your offense and the strength of the other team's offense. In Penn State's case, you don't just run the ball into the line three times and then kick it back down the field. Indiana, what happened was exactly what I thought was gonna happen. That kid made an incredible catch, and actually the tight end made another incredible catch on like the previous play or two plays earlier. But you don't just you don't just kick it back down there and say go get them defense. When you're playing a Heisman Trophy quarterback.
Speaker 3: You can't. It's not fair to your defense either. You're absolutely right. So anyway, I like Party to get a big ten win.
Speaker 2: Jonathan Smith is an underdog money yet again this year, even though he can't win football games. Hopefully and win this one against the defeated Penn State team, and then I like Arizona. I think Cincinnati got exposed versus Utah. I think this is too many points. I get that they're coming off of bye, but there's Incinnati until further notice. No disrespect to sadderfield, but that is the reality. I think this Arizona defense, top ten passing defense is going to be able to to make some plays, hopefully in our favor, so they can win the football game.
Speaker 1: I'll give you one more. I'll give you one more because I gave you too many favorites and you don't my favorites, and I know you like this side, but it's already come down talking about Virginia. So Virginia's come down quite a bit. They were six and a half point dog, they're now four point dog. They're at Duke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had them written down and I was going to use them, and I can't use a four point underdog now it's too late.
Speaker 1: Isn't it so funny? This is just a This is just a John Murray musing because you want me to muse, because you're muted. Isn't it so funny to look at the college football betting board on a Thursday and see Wisconsin getting thirty points against Indiana in a football game. I mean, imagine explaining that to somebody ten years ago. You and I have been betting colleg football forever.
Speaker 2: Imagine explaining Luke Fickled got an extension, Like what were they thinking?
Speaker 1: It's just it's just so every time I see these wisconsint points spreads, it's just so bizarre to me. And then obviously Indiana is great and Signetti is doing an unbelievable job, unbelievable job, but for them to be getting we had this game at thirty and a half. We took a sharp bet plus thirty and a half. We're now in twenty nine and a half. The game is early on Saturday morning. What a crazy point spread. What a crazy point spread. I think Saturday is movie.
Speaker 2: Conson last weekend. That's it pissed me off. So of course they get the outright win. And now this week where they're gonna look like they're gonna get their doors blown off.
Speaker 1: Well, they're thirty point underd dogs, So yeah, I would imagine. Yes, I would say statistically they will probably lose by a lot in that game in Bloomington. Those two teams, those two quarterbacks talking about Indiana and Ohio State are are there on a collision course for the Big Ten championship game. Will it decided the Heisman Trophy? Probably not. I feel like most of these guys are lazy and they submit their ballots before then. But yeah, I would agree with that.
Speaker 2: I think that a lot of people are lazy, and I think that we've seen it, not only from the AP voters mostly recently getting exposed for their votes. Right when it used to just come out in the newspaper, it was like this big and then you just saw the number next to them on the TV, nobody cares. But now that we know who these people are and they're getting called out for their egregious top twenty five listings, like it just shows that they've never paid attention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and obviously no, I agree with you. And there's obviously a lot of people that have a vote in whether we're talking about the Top twenty five or we're talking about the Heisman that shouldn't have a vote because they're not paying enough attention. Know what they're doing. Why don't you Why don't you have a vote? You're a media personality.
Speaker 3: I know how you get to have a vote, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Aren't they issued to media members like I would imagine does our friend Chris Felika are a really good friend Chris? Does he have a Heisman vote?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 3: I've never asked him.
Speaker 1: He probably does. I mean these guys the media, Brett McMurphy, you know Brett, right, he probably has a vote and the Heisman or the Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: That Brett had a vote. I think so hold on, let's see, Kelly, when does the two pick survivor lock? Only eighty one entries right now, Big overlay.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? What you're reading questions. What is this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm reading because we have to decide on our survivor pick.
Speaker 1: And this is why don't we finish our show first?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Because Joff. Listen, Joff's a really important guy.
Speaker 2: He's probably got to go to the country club to watch the Thursday night football game, and I want to make sure he gets our survivor pick locked in. Because I was trying to clarify with the Splash guys, because I wanted to know we have to put it both tonight right for Patriots. If we can change the second one before kickoff Sunday, I need to know when it locks. This is important one hundred thousand dollars. John Murray, I.
Speaker 1: Know, But we have a show. We've got a responsibility to our audience. We I'm on vacation, Yeah, Joff. Jeoff is going to the country club or the yacht club or the boat club or whatever else, some stupid whatever the yuppies do in Northern Virginia. That's what he's doing. But I can't worry about that. I gotta I gotta do the show first. Let's let's run through the NFL quick. The NFL. I'll say this one. The Sunday night game is really good, and they definitely bet at least here. They bet the Eagles. They laid one and a half. They laid two and a half. We're two and a half minus one sixteen right now. Remember we got an eight cent number, so it's minus one sixteen even money. I've seen Kansas City move up a little bit here. Kansas City is now out to a four point favorite at Denver. Two good afternoon games this week. You've got Kansas City Denver, and you got La the Rams hosting Seattle. I haven't seen anything on that game yet, but I think that's noteworthy because the afternoon game is always suck. They bet Jacksonville plus three Jacksonville's at home against I called him San Diego. You called them the Chargers, and they bet. Uh. They bet Cleveland. Shocking. They bet Cleveland every week. Who cares that that means nothing? They bet that means nothing. Why I didn't write that down every week? I can just tell you, let's skip ahead. Every week they bet Cleveland, and then we can go to the Sunday show.
Speaker 3: Did not last week? You did not say Cleve.
Speaker 1: Because last week it was the two teams that they always bet playing one another. They played the Jets.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, but let's just the great middle opportunity. I middled both sides of that game I got and the teaser it was great. I loved every second of it.
Speaker 1: I would saying that I love to cry about the games. But that Jacksonville Houston game on Sunday morning, we were middled. We were middled on that result, and that touchdown got us out of the middle, turned us from being middled into a big winner. It was the biggest cheer in our risk room that I've heard this season, was that play.
Speaker 2: It just ever this beach bar watching the Vikings Ravens game, right, it's over. We closed on our tower, walking back to the hotel in the five hundred yards from the beach bar that we had the NFL games on too. There, Jacksonville was about to win the football game. Houston was about to win the football game. Jackson was about to win the football game. Houston did something insane that I don't even still know because I wasn't watching yep, And I just told all my friends that had.
Speaker 3: Houston, I said, just go buy a lot of ticket.
Speaker 1: Holy shit. Well, Jacksonville had the ball down one and there was a defensive touchdown on the last play of the game. Yeah, and I think Jacksonville had been up twenty nine to ten in the second half, but it wasn't. We weren't really in trouble when it was twenty nine to ten, we were fine. It was the exact outcome of them winning by one, which I don't have this in front of me, but I think it would have been the first time this year a game landed one in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Oh only the first time, not the other thirteen. Oh no, I got an answer from splash.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Team until Sunday.
Speaker 2: So there you go. So you can play the Patriots tonight Patriots when we can change the second team until Sunday.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me send that to the team.
Speaker 1: I'm so ry, I'm so relieved. I feel so much better.
Speaker 2: And you can actually sign up until Monday Night football because as long as you can have one survivor pick, you got plenty of time.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? You got to pick two?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sign up until Sunday night.
Speaker 1: I went straight for the audience. So Sunday Night Football, you could pick the Sunday night game and the Monday night game, you'd be going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could pick what whatever the Sunday night game is?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: Eagles Lions? So you can pick and then you can pick the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what you could do if you're somebody and I'm just this is just my advice. If you're somebody that's not going to use New England tonight, let's just pretend you're not going to use New England. Wait and see what happens after this game. Don't sign up now, because if you if you're not going to use them anyway, and the Jets somehow win, you should sign You should be signing up for several entries.
Speaker 2: But here's here's what's going to happen, and here's what everybody waited for. When Philadelphia lost to the Giants. The last time I did it, there was one hundred and thirteen people out of the two hundred and thirty three that can sign up that use the Eagles, and then everybody max up. The wise guys max out their entries. I woke up Friday morning and Joff goes, what the hell I wanted to get in? I go, oh, you.
Speaker 1: Couldn't get in?
Speaker 2: So whoa yeah, Because in which you can have I think you can have six entries, So everybody macks them out because why wouldn't you look at all the dead money in the pool?
Speaker 1: That's interesting, So you got to be.
Speaker 3: Look at all the dead money in the contest.
Speaker 1: So you you basically got to be right there if you're going to use the strategy that I recommended, which maybe you shouldn't because Kelly me is a great point. But if you're going to use that strategy, you should be there, like, right as the game is ending, get me my entries before, because it's going to fill up.
Speaker 3: Patriots.
Speaker 2: Actually, Joe and Sammy p I did their show this morning, a day early, and Joe's like, do you think it's going to fill I said, if New England lose, it's one hundred and ten percent.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, right now, it's on the short side.
Speaker 2: I mean it is. I've been doing a piss poor job of promoting it.
Speaker 1: Let me look for vacation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, but I should still. I mean, this is like something I enjoy doing. I should do a better job as a commissioner. Right now, there are eighty seven entries out of two hundred and twenty three. That's some serious dead money. I mean there's seventy thousand ish and guaranteed an overlay right now from the guarantee.
Speaker 1: What is your best bet? What is your NFL best bet?
Speaker 2: I went back and forth because I don't love this week in the NFL. I went back and forth and I ultimately landed on the Bucks again. I went Bucks. Last week. I screwed up. It was a bad spot for the box against New England. I think the Bucks have a much better shot here. Look at this. What a stat about the Buffalo Bills since October twenty twenty three, nine and twelve against the spread as a home favorite, including oh and three this season box number Yeah against the spread as a home favorite. They do well against the Chiefs. They do all as a home underdog.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't. I haven't seen much on that. I haven't seen much on that game. Bucks. Bill's probably gonna be the game on sound here at the Westgate. I think it's a pretty good Sunday card, good Sunday night game and the Monday night game. The Monday night game is not a good game, but it's gonna draw a crowd because it's Cowboys Raiders Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna draw like two thirds Cowboys fans and allegiate.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Probably. I mean there's gonna be a lot of Cowboy fans there, although the Cowboys aren't exactly having a banner season either.
Speaker 2: No, but like everybody born before nineteen eighty five is a Cowboys fan. I feel like everybody we know was like big Cowboys fans. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's because when we were kids, they were winning three Super Bowls in four years.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: They were good?
Speaker 1: They were good, they did they didn't win the Super Bowl three times.
Speaker 3: And I don't remember. I don't really remember anything before nineteen ninety three. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: They won the Super Bowl in ninety two, ninety three, ninety five, ninety four.
Speaker 3: All that's pretty blurry.
Speaker 1: The ninety four the forty nine ers had like a powerhouse team, and they beat they finally broke through. They beat Dallas in the NFC Championship game, and then they destroyed San Diego in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: And I remember that because I hit a super Bowl square. I do remember that Super Bowl. I hit a super Bowl square and I went seven hundred dollars at my aunt's Super Bowl party, and she wouldn't let me have all the money because she was bught me the squares. So I just it with her, and I was.
Speaker 1: You were, you were a kid, starting to give you to your own.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine when done with that money?
Speaker 2: Could you imagine we just put it in a nice little SMP fund. With that money it'd be worth today just saying be worth a.
Speaker 1: Lot, well, actually be worth a lot less than it was this morning. I hope you haven't been watching the stock market.
Speaker 3: Today and I've been trying to get coin base closed.
Speaker 1: As well by my mother. Before we go to the mail bag. My you know mom and I mom is very based, so we talk about the stock market a lot. Mom is currently on a cruise from Australia to New Zealand, so fortunately she doesn't know that she probably lost a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Your mom travels more than I do.
Speaker 1: I'm you know what, I'll just tell you right now, how proud I am my mom. I mean, she she is.
Speaker 2: She spends every dollar of your inheritance, every single dollar.
Speaker 1: I don't need it. I'm fine. She's so she's sailing from from Sydney to Auckland, and then she's flying from Auckland to La and then she's coming here for Thanksgiving. I mean, she's she's a go getter man, she's a she's a go getter. She's so funny, though I don't know what. I don't know what Susan's like, but my mom, Susan, your mom. My mom is seventy six. And I'll call her after work and be like, hey, how was how was your day?
Speaker 2: Mom?
Speaker 1: She's like I was pretty barring. I'm like, oh, what'd you do? I was like, well, I went to the gym, and I went swimming, and I went to your brother's house, and I saw my grandkids, and I was planning for my trip. And I'm like, I don't know, that sounds like pretty busy for a seventy six year old.
Speaker 2: My mom gets my mom just turned seventy four, and she gets mad because she's like, you treat me like I'm your personal assistant.
Speaker 3: Because she doesn't do anything.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, hey, Mom, can you go do some things for me?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, what what did mom think life was going to look like at seventy six. She's she's at the gym, she's seeing her grandkids, she's getting ready to go to Australia. Which you think she's gonna be jumping out of planes when she's her age? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean that might be.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Do you wanna anyways? I'm proud of her striking.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't want to do the mailbag. I want to get the hell out of here, dinners in seven minutes? Do we have to do the mailbag? Can't we just like pump them to next week? I mean we got we got weird questions, like about F one racing?
Speaker 3: Do you really want to answer that?
Speaker 1: Let me look at the questions. I didn't look at them.
Speaker 3: Hold on, Jack t. Vegas, do you write much on auto racing?
Speaker 1: Huh, that's a question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't answer that.
Speaker 1: Next question, Jack, you're on my list.
Speaker 3: That could be your that could be your nickname. Cracker John. How far do you know where.
Speaker 2: The ars are on a weekday and weekend football?
Speaker 3: And how do we collect that data?
Speaker 1: Oh, we'll see, good question, We'll see. We'll see sharp guys. Bet on the twelve day number, the number that comes out the previous Tuesday, and we'll use those bets when we're resetting the numbers on Sunday when we reopen the games after that day's games, so online a long way out a lot.
Speaker 2: Those are great though.
Speaker 3: Those are really great set of numbers as well to use for a handicap.
Speaker 2: They're one of my favorite things to look at and see what changed from the previous week.
Speaker 1: To the next.
Speaker 2: Just because the team got blown out doesn't mean that the line's going to go crazy. Sometimes it does due to injury, so forth. But yes, I think it's a really good indicator of maybe how much this quarterback is worth versus that quarterback or so forth.
Speaker 1: Or maybe or maybe we over adjusted too much to the results from that day's games.
Speaker 2: And the sharp guy's betting. That number tells you that yep, got it. Okay, Uh Christy, gee, we've got already answer this too, well, Jamis, have four tds or four I and t's your guess is going to mine?
Speaker 1: And that's all answers. I have an answer to that. Yes, yes he will.
Speaker 2: He does both. He does both sport or something. He's how great he's subjectively okay? Like why is he s in the NFL? Shouldn't like Fox or.
Speaker 3: Somebody pay him bazillions of dollars to be an analyst?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe that'd be a great career for him after.
Speaker 2: Playing, Like why why are you still getting hit over the head when you could just have jamous euphanism.
Speaker 1: There's not much a better There's not like very many better jobs and being a backup quarterback. Like I know, when my brother was working for the Redskins, their third string quarterback was Rex Grossman.
Speaker 3: Oh god, have you ever placed a bet on Rex Grossman?
Speaker 1: I ever placed the bed on Rex Grossman? Was I alive in the two thousands? Of course I have, But he was doing that. But at the time that by the time that he was there, he was like probably early thirties, he was making a million dollars a year. He was married to some babe, and he just played video games all day, never took the fields.
Speaker 2: That sounds great, fair enough to Shay John Murray, All right. Five Kevin Boss wants to know has Islam Mackachev reached the level of Kabebe at the betting window lines, price way higher, large late bets coming in ending every parlay.
Speaker 1: Question mark, I don't know that it's I don't know that his power rating is a size Kabeb's and he is moving up in wait, I know I don't Kelly's got to go. But we did see sharp money against him at plus two twenty. Now it's a big underdog, but he saw some sharp money against him at plus two twenty. We also saw some sharp money on Valentina Schefchenk well plus one ten. But I should mention that she is now minus one thirty five in that fight. So the sharp money was at plus one ten. Now it's minus one thirty five. That my lovely beachy friend is not the same bet? Now is it not the same bet? No? It it's not.
Speaker 3: Doctor underscore ac sport.
Speaker 2: When comparing mendoz Is, resume to Sayan's potential moment to win the Heisman, what do you think carries more weight the stats or the storyline? Look at all these things we already covered for our audience.
Speaker 1: I think it's the I think that honestly, at the end of the day, the voters are lazy. They don't do their homework, and they just look at the statistics and they vote. That's what I believe. Maybe I'm just maybe I'm just such a cynical asshole. Well I have a cynical asshole, But I believe that they just they don't not all of them, not every single one, but too many of them. Just look at the statistics and vote. I'll send the stats, Kelly, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I wish they paid attention to the storylines. I mean, maybe it's a female thing that we love good storylines, but it's true, Like, Okay, let's talk about this similar, similar thing to Ariel and I've been discussing this trip Drake may MVP. Why the Patriots haven't played anybody, He hasn't done anything that's like super overly impressive for me to think that he should win the MVP beating who's your well well, prior to last week, I said, I thought Baker Mayfield still deserved MVP, and then he looked like dog shit, So time to go.
Speaker 1: They've now won in they won in Buffalo, they won in Tampa, and then now they do have they have some critical games left. They obviously they play Buffalo again. That game will be in Foxborough. I mean, it seems to me like this season there's no really standout quarterback statistics.
Speaker 2: I think that's there, but yet here's everybody trying to give Drake ma the MVP, and I'm like, okay, we gotta let's pump the brakes.
Speaker 3: It's only week eleven, but it's.
Speaker 1: Like, do you hate Drake may No.
Speaker 2: I just think the Patriots need to show me a little bit more. I mean they've had They've had the one of the easiest schedules of the season.
Speaker 3: Yes, they won.
Speaker 1: Course, they play in a bad division. They had a bad record last year. Their schedule is going to be easy if if you play a week.
Speaker 2: So if you are a team that has the toughest schedule, right, these things should come into play, whether it's Heisman, whether it's not. I mean, like, I'm sorry, you cannot just say, okay, well here's a team in the ACC that hasn't played anybody. Let's give this kid the Heisman. I mean you you argue for the SEC all the time.
Speaker 1: Kelly was so right. I'll let her go. But Kelly was so right. Before the season. I made fun of you for saying that the Big twelve was the third best conference behind the SEC and the Big Ten and not the ACC. And I made a bunch of jokey, shitty comments about it. The ACC gargles my ball, The ACC sucks.
Speaker 2: You were you guys wanted to have those crap.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you that I was wrong. I'm admitting I was admitting defeat. The ACC is so bad. I'm not even convinced that the winner of the ACC should get into the College FOOTBA Playoff. How about that.
Speaker 2: They were trying to lobby for two teams?
Speaker 1: Why should they take away a spot from the Big Ten or the SEC? Why explain it? Or the Big Twelve or the Big Twelve.
Speaker 3: I think there's two.
Speaker 2: There's probably still four Big Twelve teams. I think that would not embarrass us, Like the AEC is gonna get embarrassed the AC, Like if Virginia wins the ACC.
Speaker 1: It's bad, man. I mean the only team Miami, sure, Hugh, sorry long Day. Miami has the talent. If they were to get in, they probably wouldn't embarrass themselves because they have the level of athlete. I don't really like the coach, but they have the level of athletes to probably they're not gonna get embarrassed. But if you get a team like Virginia in there, I mean they might get run out of the stadium by one of these Big ten schools, by one of these SEC schools. Is that really what we want? I mean, I guess I'm going to do this week.
Speaker 2: I want you to give me some hypothetical lines. A couple of ACC teams were some big twelve teams versus some big ten teams versus some SEC teams.
Speaker 3: I'm genuinely curious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just put it together for the next show because I want to know. I mean, VR talks about this stuff on betout all the time and he's like, are you getting me? Pits not even a top twenty five team and anybody's power ratings just because they have a number twenty two next to their name, they're not the top twenty team barely.
Speaker 1: If you don't believe that, If you're somebody out there and you don't believe that, you can just look at the point spread. The betting market is the betting market. Notre Dame started as a ten point favorite at Pittsburgh and now they're a twelve point favorite on the road in pitt So obviously they're not in the top twenty five. Whether what happens on Saturday is not what I'm commenting on. I'm talking about what the point spread is, what the betting market is. Of course they're not. Now I'm gonna let Kelly go because I want her and Ariel are going to dinner and they're probably gonna be approached by a lot of charming or young men at this dinner.
Speaker 2: And I want young men in Aruba. That is the other thing. Like everybody's here is old, like the old people island orange or old. There's nobody here that's my age. I left it there, yea. I no wonder you glve coming here. It's like living in Florida.
Speaker 1: You live in Florida.
Speaker 3: That's why I live in Florida, because I don't feel old anymore.
Speaker 1: All right. I will tell her I said hi, enjoy the rest of your trip.
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you she didn't walk out here and say hi.
Speaker 1: Well, I see her every Sunday. We do a show together. It's called Last Call On.
Speaker 2: You'll see you Sunday when I'm hating my life from my couch.
Speaker 1: Recovering from Aruba sounds tough.