Speaker 1: You're listening to the This Is How We See It podcast with your host Eric Lee. Thanks for tuning in and don't forget to subscribe. Now Here's Eric.
Speaker 2: This is the most partisan, corrupt Supreme Court in modern American history. How we got here is clear. Decades ago, far right mega donors hatched their plan to pour millions of dollars into their secret scheme to hijack the courts for their own aims. They built secret societies to stack the courts with ideological allies. They stole a seat from President Obama, confirmed a justice credibly accused of sexual assault, and ran through Amy Coney Barrett after an election had already started. They bring those justices along on private yacht trips and free vacations. And what do they get for their years of trouble and their millions of dollars? They get decision after decision after decision, silencing working Americans and empowering far right wing billionaires. Shelby County beginning their assault on the Voting Rights Act, Citizens United allowing unlimited money to distort our elections. Janice silencing the voices of union members, Dobbs ending the legal right to abortion, Trump Births the United States granting a convicted felon president immunity, and now Calais completing their assault on the Voting Rights Act and everything that MLKA and John Lewis fought for. We must reform the most unethical partisan Supreme Court in modern American history, and until we do, democracy will not be safe in America. Reforms should include a binding code of ethics, requiring the court to use Congress's fifty dollars gift ban, reforming the shadow docket, eighteen year term limits, expanding the size of the court to match the numble number of judicial circuits, and more.
Speaker 3: That was Congressman Greg greg Cizarre from Texas. And you know, this isn't the first time, second, third, fourth, or fifth time that I have heard Congressmen and senators and law experts talk about this Supreme Court and you know how corrupt it is. And personally, here is what I'll say, I have been shocked, very shocked at some of the rulings of this Supreme Court lately. You heard him talk about how they are dismantling the Voting Rights Act. Now, one thing that I was very surprised on was how they reversed Roe versus Wade now I was. I was very shocked about that because it had been the law of the land for so long and now all of a sudden, you know, it's not. And so I was very, very very surprised about that. But he makes he makes some interesting points. He really does very very very interesting points about about this Supreme Court. And I don't know what do y'all think. Let me know what y'all think. You know, do you think this Supreme Court is corrupt? Or I don't know? You know, I don't know. Thanks for tuning into the show. Welcome to it. My name is Eric Lee, and thank you, Thank you for spending some of your time with me. The music industry lost a giant this week with the passing of music mogul Clive Davis. He passed away at the age of ninety four. His family said he died of age related illness. David was named president of Columbia Records in nineteen sixty six, and by nineteen seventy four he had launched Arista Records, where he achieved massive success, steering the careers of Carly Simon, The Grateful Dead, and Aretha Franklin. David is credited with evaluating I'm sorry not evaluating for elevating musical talent and to landmark artists including Janis Joplin, Santana, Barry Manilow, Chicago, Pink Floyd, Earthwind and Fire, and Aerosmith. One of his biggest discoveries, undoubtedly was the great Whitney Houston. In Davis's twenty thirteen memoir The Soundtrack of My Life, he wrote that not even he could successfully intervene to curb her drug use, despite the pair sharing a long professional relationship throughout her career. And you know, we were hearing about things like that. He never really kind of talked about that. People like would ask him questions about, you know, how do you feel, And no doubt he felt bad because you know, he you know, Whitney was his Whitney was his girl, not you know, romantically, but and it had to hurt him to build her up into this icon this iconic star, and then to watch her down. It had to have it had to have hurt him. Davis left Arista in two thousand after learning that executives at BMG Entertainment, the label's parent company, were planning to replace him with La Reid. That same year, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, before going on to found Jay Records, where he discovered Alicia Keys. He also served as co producer of the twenty twenty two Houston biopic I Want to Dance with Somebody, in which Stanley Tucci portrayed him. I saw that movie. Davis previously told USA Today that the film was one of his most meaningful projects. Now, apparently not everyone is celebrating Clive's life now. Some people are saying that he is not or was not a good person. And I'm sure you've seen, just like I've seen the post on social media. And what's funny to me is that, undoubtedly it's probably from people who didn't even know Clive Davis, and they are only going by, you know what they hear other people say, like some of these people, oh he did this, Like y'all don't even know Clive Davis. You didn't even know him. Most of you never even laid your eyes on Clive Davis, And people have so much to say, you know, about him, And I just always think it's interesting how people have so much to say about somebody they never met. There is one singer in particular that's speaking out and that's india Irie. Now here's what USA Today is reporting that. She said Davis was at the top of the dominant record labels that hurt lots of artists. She said, mark my words, Watch what kind of archival interviews are about to come out. She went on to say, I would tell my story too, but mine is minimal compared to what you are about to hear. She said, when people talk about the music industry so awful, it's the record label executives that do that. Now, I know that when India Irie first came out, she was on Motown Records, and I you know Motown. I don't think Motown was ever under Arista, So but it still doesn't mean that she didn't have some type of dealing with Clive Davis. Now again, I'm willing to bet that if Whitney were alive today, she would probably have a different opinion of Clive. And I bet you if you were to talk to somebody like Alicia Keys, I bet you she might have a different opinion than Clive. I don't know, you know, I don't know, and we all know a lot of times, you know, everything that glitters ain't gold. But this is what I'll say a lot of artists jump into the music industry without understanding how it works. They will sign anything to be famous without having any legal consultation. Then when it comes time to pay the piper, they want to yell that they were robbed. Now, on the other hand, we also know that there are predators in the industry. So the best way, the best thing, is protect yourself. I remember reading that Bruce Springsteen signed his first contract on the hood of a car in a Junkyard, and in doing that he didn't realize that he had signed half of his publish in a way TLC. They signed a contract with Pebbles, who at the time was La Reid's wife, and they signed that without legal consultation. I remember watching their movie and I remember one of the girls said, don't we need a lawyer to look at this? And I remember Pebble saying something like we ain't got time for that or something she said. Anyway, she discouraged them going to get legal consultation. And what I say is they should have known something was up then, like I would have said something like, oh, no lawyer, no signature, Like I would have known that something was Why don't you want us to get legal consultation on this binding contract that would have that would have you know, that would have set off some alarms with me. But like I said, sometimes they want to be stars so bad that they signed stuff. And we we all know TLC struggle with Pebbletone that was Pebbles's Pebble's company, and we all know how that went. And I just think that sometimes, well not sometimes, I think most of the time, Look, you're either gonna say, Okay, this is probably going to you know, not be a favorable contract here, but I want to get out there, so I'm gonna sign it. But you know, we you know, I'm I'm I'm gonna get some some legal representation or start from the beginning. What record label would not want you to get a lawyer to look over the contract like something something is you know, know that something's not right. There's something in that contract that they don't want you to know. But y'all got to get these lawyers to read the fine print because most of us don't come knowing that stuff, you know. But I think that you you can, you can read books on the music industry. I've met, I've read several books. I know that there are several books out there on the entertainment industry that you can read. So Clive he was. He was a mogul. Clive was huge in the music industry, and he he discovered a lot of talented people. And look, nobody's perfect. Now I'm not saying that he was. You know, I don't know of any predatory you know things you know, I don't know, but I don't know. Clive Davis was pretty big. So our hearts and our prayers go out to his family and friends. A former United States Marine reservist and seven others were sentenced to decades in prison after a shooting last year that wounded a police officer during a demonstration at the Texas Immigration Detention Center. Benjamin Song, the Marine reservist, was sentenced to one hundred years in prison, which is the maximum punishment, for opening fire during a July fourth demonstration outside the Prairie Land Detention Center near Dallas. Seven other defendants received prison terms ranging from thirty to seventy years. Prosecutors called the crime an act of terrorism and said the eight were linked to the leftist activist group Antifa, which is a loosely knit anti fascist government movement that Trump designated a domestic terrorist organization, of course he did. The defense meanwhile denied any Antifa ties. Now, so that means that they don't have proof that these people had ties to Antifa. Family members expressed shock and anger over the stiff sentences. I am livid, said Lydia Koza, whose wife, Autumn hel was sentenced to fifty years in prison. The government wants to take her entire life of way because she attended a protest. No one died, but somebody was shot though, but no one died. US District Judge Read O'Connor, one of the two just judges overseeing the proceedings, said what happened was not a protest, but an assault on democracy. All but one of the eight defendants sentenced on Tuesday were convicted on terrorism charges. He said the need to deter this type of conduct is high. The case drew attention beyond Texas, as critics warned it could have a wide reaching impact on protests and free speech rights under the First Amendment meant of the US Constitution. Now, in my opinion, that's what this is all about. I believe, trying to stop people from protesting against what they are doing to immigrants, that's honestly what one hundred years, my lord. The Justice Department called it the first sentencing of defendants affiliated with Antifa after Trump signed an executive order designating it as a terrorist organization on September twenty second. Prosecutors told jurors during the trial that the group's actions, including bringing firearms, first aid kits, and wearing body armor, were signals of nefarious intent. According to the Justice Department, Song had yelled get to the rifles and open fire, striking a police officer who had just pulled up to the center. Lawyers for the defendants have said there was no planned ambush and that protesters who brought firearms only only did so for their own protection. They also argue that the gathering was planned as a late night demonstration with fireworks to show support for immigrants being held at Prairie Land before gunshots broke out. H Now, y'all know, I'm gonna tell you what I think. I think this is setting the stage for anyone who dares protest against ice. They are going to brand you Antifa and give you stiff sentencing. That's what I think. All they got to do is say, oh, you're in TIFA with no proof. These people here are saying, you know, I'm not in TIFA. I was just protesting the mistreatment of immigrants. The January sixth rioters, if you remember, beat the crap out of officers and got pardoned.
Speaker 4: HM.
Speaker 3: Kyle Riddenhouse brought an AR fifteen to a protest and shot people, but he got off. So just because somebody brought a firearm to a protest, HM, So was Kyle Rittenhouse up to nefarious intent when he brought the AR fifteen to the protest but he got off. I don't know, I don't know. I just I I think, I just I just I. I just think that this is this is one of the ways that they are going to try to squash any type of protests that're just gonna say you're you're Antifa. That's that's honestly, That's honestly what I think. Here is another video that I want to play for you.
Speaker 4: I made a video yesterday about the Trump administration requesting large cuts to the WICK program, particularly the part of the program that helps babies and young kids get access to fruits and vegetables. Sue, whose bio reads God is good all the time, All the time, God is good, sent me a DM that said they need to get jobs, pay for fruit and berries and not beer and SIGs. Berries are fruits, Sue. But more importantly, the video was about programs helping to feed infants, children under five, pregnant post part of mom's and seniors. Feels like something God would care about, Sue. Feeding the children also really tired of this narrative that people should just get jobs and then they won't need nutrition assistants. Millions of full time workers rely on nutrition assistance, Sue. I bet you think you're super supportive of the military. Did you know that about a quarter of active duty service members are considered food and secure. Lots of military families rely on nutrition assistance, including Wick. Perhaps, Sue, we should ask ourselves, well, first, why someone who makes such a public show over faith seems to act in direct opposition to its most basic teachings. But then why a country with this much wealth makes working families, military families, pregnant moms, little kids, and seniors struggle this hard for basic nutrition, And why we have a president enriching himself, his family, and his billionaire friends while trying to cut the programs that actually help the American people.
Speaker 3: So everybody that's on Wick isn't unemployed. So all of you who think that people who get wicked are just sitting around watching soap operas completely not true. Studies have proven. And she just said, this is the same woman, by the way, last week when she did the I did a Lord. I don't even remember the video I did last week, but anyway, it's the same woman. And I think she was talking about, Oh, she was talking about how Stephen Miller was talking about how you could just say your child is hungry and get assistance, and he was just saying, they don't check for anything. This is the same woman that I played. So not everyone, Sue, whoever Sue is that's on Wick is unemployed. So let's just remember that a lot of military are on Wick as well. Do you all remember when I brought y'all the story about the judge who was reprimanded for having sex in her chambers. Well, according to Bloomberg law dot com website, Eleanor Ross is the federal district court judge who was subject to a private reprimand for having sex with a police officer and chambers in earshot of law clerks. Now, this is a according to a person familiar with the situation. She is of the Atlanta based US District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. She previously served as a state court judge, a federal prosecutor in the district, and a prosecutor in the Fulton County District Attorney's Office. Ross and other court representatives didn't return requests for comments sent through phone calls to Chambers and via email, so they try to get interudge with them, but she ain't answering nobody's home. The officer was identified by a person familiar with the situation as Atlanta Police Department Deputy Chief Kelly Collier, who commands the department's Community Services Division. According to the department's website. The report said the officer had worked for the police department since nineteen ninety eight, serving as the commander of a certain division since twenty twenty five. Those years aligned with Collier's biography on the police Department's website and his now deleted LinkedIn profile. According to the committee report, the judge didn't preside over any case in which the officer, the or the police department was a party between January twenty twenty two and October twenty twenty five. So there you go. She has been named, and you know, I really do hope that she, you know, learns her lesson because you up here doing that in your chambers, and you're a judge and you're judging other people's stuff, and you're making bad decisions yourself. Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan put Donald Trump's most racist and inflammatory remarks over the last decade about Haitians into permanent record Thursday, blasting her conservative colleagues on the bench for refusing to put them in print. So she's saying they were trying to hide the racist statements he made. On Thursday, the Supreme Court ruled in a six y three which we know who the six was and who the three was, majority, to allow the Department of Homeland Security to end Temporary Protected status TPS for roughly three hundred and fifty thousand migrants from Haiti and Syria, delivering a landmark win for the Trump administration. In a blistering dissent in the and versus Doecase, writing for the liberal minority, Kagan quoted Trump directly and noted remarks the conservative majority found too repellent to include. She said the evidence they have offered includes statements by the president so repellent and racially inflicted that the majority declines to put them in print. Her discent included when Trump said Haitians probably have aids. Haiti is an shole country. Haitians are poisoning the blood of America. Now you know what poisoning the blood means, meaning they're mingling with, you know, people and having insurance. I said, Shermans having Churan's Haitian immigration is like a death wish for our country. Other statements resurfaced by Kagan included excuse me when Trump confirmed at a twenty twenty five rally the remark he made during his first term, saying, why is it we have own we only take people from s whole countries like Haiti and Somalia. Why cannot we have some people from Norway and Sweden? Now, y'all know I told you all about that. I talked about that when I saw him make that statement. So, in other words, while we keep having all these minority people come to the country, why can't we have more white people Norway and Sweden? Now, he definitely said that. Because I don't remember what episode it was, because it was last year, but I know he definitely said that. Kagan also cited Trump's baseless claims from twenty twenty four that Haitians and Somalians in Springfield, Ohio were abducting and eating pets. Now, y'all remember that they're eating the cats and dogs. They're eating the cats and dogs. The amplification of those rumors led to physical threats and disrupted daily life for thousands of immigrants. And I remember the Ohio leaders coming out and saying, there is no proof that Haitians and Somalians are eating cats and dogs. But see, I told y'all how Demigod work, right right. They They they come to power because they make up this this this problem. And then they say, but only I can fix it. You gotta elect me because only I can save you. Only I can fix this. They're eating the pure cats, and they're gonna steal your cats and steal your dogs, and then they're gonna eat them. I've told you before. People have to make a smear campaign out of you. People have to get people on board. In order for them to treat certain people the way they want to treat them. They gotta start a smear campaign. They gotta get people to to be to come against you, and in this case they're eating your cats and dogs. Wow, well that's my show. I thank you guys for tuning in. We'll see you next time. Bye for now. And I ain't gonna stand, Bobby, and I ain't gonna stand by.
Speaker 2: And I ain't.
Speaker 4: Gonna stand.
Speaker 3: Now, and I ain't gon understand Bobby.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna stand