Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, February twenty fifth, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight hundred and seventy nine. We have your true Best Picture, Best Actor, Best Actor, Best Actor Best Actor nominees this Saturday for the Oscars. It is me your host, Jan Achoa joining me co Captain of the Ship. He's also going to win Best International Film this year. Jeff Grubb. That's right.
Speaker 2: You can only read me in subtitles. I am a foreign language film and I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 1: He was fortunately cut from the movie Anora. He was supposed to be the fourth Henchman. He was gonna get into nothing but fun hijinks. Dan Reichert, that's me.
Speaker 3: Hello, I do love hijinks.
Speaker 1: And we have the bad Boy. You have Games Media, the pub Slammer. He's to the bone and he was almost in a Man Unknown. Is that the name of the Bob Dylan movie? I don't know. Nope, all right, well it's.
Speaker 4: My it's me boy. There's a very good chance. I just haven't seen a single movie nominated for Best Picture.
Speaker 3: What are the Best Picture nominees? I have?
Speaker 5: That's wicked part. What is which I doubt because there's now only because there's ten now, it's got a.
Speaker 6: Good chance of winning.
Speaker 1: Mike, you're good, you're big, Amelia Perez fan right, who's that? All right?
Speaker 2: And the substance that's the right answer. Don't find out, Mike, don't even look into it.
Speaker 6: My good, you're you're good.
Speaker 1: Where you're at? I haven't No, I've seen most of these what is nickelble.
Speaker 2: Most that's the Nickelback documentary where they're all played by monkeys.
Speaker 4: Chatti is saying I should watch Substance. I heard Dan talk about the Substance the Scape. I don't know if it's for me why. I think it's a fun, interesting movie.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's for Mikey either. I think there's too much Like.
Speaker 6: Does anything happen to a woman in the movie?
Speaker 3: That's all that happens in the movie.
Speaker 6: Yes, well, then there you go.
Speaker 3: A lot happens to one, but technically maybe two. It's confusing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh right, right, yes, yes, god, I've yeah. Hey, I was thinking about what's his face? Tom Hardy? Because Emma and and Grub we're talking about venom yesterday on Game This Mornings. What is Tom Hardy? Just doing jiu jitsu right now? Is he refusing to act?
Speaker 3: Thinks so, I've heard that it was kind of a but heead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he seems like he's in that part of his career where he would be the like, I'm just gonna go do jiu jitsu part of his career. Yeah, yeah, exactly, like a lot of actors of his kind end up doing that for a couple of years.
Speaker 6: He'll be back.
Speaker 3: I like him in movies. He's a good actor for sure.
Speaker 2: Sure seems like he might be a butt head outside of That's why I'm very happy to just watch his movies and not hang out with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Right, I don't think the jiu jitsu has unbutted him.
Speaker 3: You know, do you think that four of us could beat Tom Hardy at jiu jitsu at the same time?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yes, do you guys think you think?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's say for an entire match of tennis where you get like six or seven games and there's a bunch of matches in there, do you think you could score a point on Serena.
Speaker 3: Will absolutely fucking not.
Speaker 1: I think a pity point where she'd feel bad for me.
Speaker 2: I think if I had one hundred years and I never got tired in that hundred years.
Speaker 6: I might get one.
Speaker 2: By like accident, like she like just like got distracted one hundred years maybe, But in a normal game, no, not even like close.
Speaker 6: It wouldn't even be close.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm thinking about the four v one Tom Hardy, and I think we could take him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the approach? Yeah, who's doing well?
Speaker 1: We're not doing like the honorable thing where it's like we're we pull Nelson of them.
Speaker 6: And you guys just take it from that.
Speaker 3: Just punch his balls.
Speaker 6: I mean, just you guys work the body.
Speaker 3: Can you then bring him down into like I caught the and then we're just like just going to town on his nuts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I think that's what we do.
Speaker 3: Bobby Hill, somebody claude his eyes, Mike, you claud his eyes all over the nuts?
Speaker 2: How tall and how heavy is? We got to really plan this out, you know what. I'm gonna put a meeting on the on the calendar right now for this. All right, we'll figure out the strategy.
Speaker 3: Probably like five to four probably.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jan When me and Emma we're talking about venom, I thought about you, like.
Speaker 6: Shean't likes those movies.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: So the thing is, for the longest time, I hated those movies because I didn't like one in any of the Venom series. And then I watched the last one without seeing the second one, and then I fell in love with it. Okay, because in my head I started thinking about Venom as like an Audrey to situation from a Little Shop of Horrors, and then like sure, I realized, Wow, Tom Hardy's life as Eddie Brock fucking sucks now because of Venom. But they're friends. Tom Hardy's five to nine. Okay, oh yeah, all right, okay, I'll I'll like schoolboy and like go behind him and then one of you pushes him into grub doing the full nel.
Speaker 2: Right, I'll just be lying in wait, don't worry, I'm Venom now.
Speaker 1: And then we go to town on his balls. Yeah that's what ends. Yes, okay, good good.
Speaker 2: You're legally allowed not allowed to send this to Tom Hardy or his representatives.
Speaker 6: Chat.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he seems like a guy that's never been on the internet.
Speaker 1: John Moxley have a lot of things similar to each other.
Speaker 6: Yeah. It has an assistant that prints out the Internet for him so he can read that.
Speaker 3: I can't tell you how many times I think about the John Moxley interview when his book came out, when he was talking about the writing process, and he was like, yeah, yeah, just take all the notes, you know, my notesap on my phone. I even like a couple of times I sat down in the computer. I even used one of those remember those things that I used. I think he was talking to Renee, and Renee is like a mouse. Yeah, I remember those, Like I worked at a computer like with a mouse, like like it was this relic. So this man does not know computers.
Speaker 1: I love seeing couples that are like complete polar opposites because Renee Pecket seems like a very nice lady that is kind of tuned into the online.
Speaker 3: Yes, just the friendliest person ever. And he's he's John Moxley.
Speaker 1: Like it made sense that he lived in Las Vegas for a while just to run in the desert.
Speaker 3: Yes, and he was.
Speaker 2: Doing I like doing a podcast where there's something wrong with Mike set up because he just gets so annoyed and I could see him like he's just like trying to fix it and trying to get back in the show, Mike, how's it coming over there?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Earlier I was really loud before you went live, and you all yelled at me, and I felt bad, and then the show startedn't one chets that I was really low, and then I felt bad about that. I'm just I'm just sitting over here feeling bad. But like I saw in the fact that I could beat up Tom Hardy apparently.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mike, remember Donald Duck.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, here he smiled, smiling there.
Speaker 1: Mike, Mike, Yeah, I think Spoon Heaven might come out this year.
Speaker 3: Now you're just saying ridiculous things trying to up.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mike.
Speaker 3: Tony Hawk's pro skater three and four, very excited about Singapore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Mike, Mike, Mike. Yeah. Hoggs listeners was making he's making the face.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: He's running off screen with a giant bug catching neck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his jaws literally on the floor, but he's floating in the air like he's a cartoon wolf, smelling up pot.
Speaker 6: On the window.
Speaker 3: We have to stop being funny in my facers.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, how's everyone doing?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Did we have a three day weekend?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, last week I did go to boggining and uh, my child's skinned dig rubbed off the side of her hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I never heard that story.
Speaker 6: It was rough stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was You're supposed to like hold onto these ropes on the side of the bog and pull up. And I was weag in the back. She was way in the front, and there's my wife and my other daughter in front of me, and she gotta get a little scared and kind of like let her hands go to the side a little bit. And then we get to the end and she realizes that she's in a great deal of pain.
Speaker 6: It was. It was scary. Uh, but you know we got off. They had a first aid and they treated it really fast. Uh that's the maybe the first and last time that child will ever go toboggan.
Speaker 1: Sure, it's my guess here, Yes, how how long is it that toboggan? Then grub because if it's gonna support you, Yeah, and like you're you're a tall man. I'm a big boy, So I wrapped my legs around my entire family basically. Yeah, but uh, if I were to lay down on it at six feet tall, my head would probably be just hanging off. It's about about six feet long, not as long as the sandwich lead, not as long as a Dan Riker celebrity sandwich.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's the difference between a toboggan and a sled?
Speaker 2: Toboggan is a very specific kind of like wooden plank that curls up at the front so it can like you know, go over the snow easy and it's got room for enough people people that.
Speaker 6: Bob sled.
Speaker 2: That's that's much more. You know, there's that you know that insists upon itself.
Speaker 6: This is just a plank of wood.
Speaker 3: And that's just a sled.
Speaker 6: That's just a sled.
Speaker 3: A toboggan in the Mario Party two versus Too mini game on sixty four where you jam on a to get in and then you have to like it's I think that is a bob slid. That's a bob slide took right.
Speaker 6: That's that's that's a bob sled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, I've never been bob sledding. I've been losing, uh and then I've been to boggining.
Speaker 1: Lose is like the boots that w W lugs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not I'm not lugs, not not ugs.
Speaker 2: Luge just a that's actually a lot, like a rosebud sled, but it's when you lie on your back and you kind of control by like moving your head. And then I just squeezed my microphone my headphone cable and pulled it out, so I won't be able to hear you guys school, but I'm gonna keep talking for a moment.
Speaker 1: Excellent, Now I'm done.
Speaker 3: That seems scary. Lose footage always seems crazy to me.
Speaker 1: What's the other kind of luge? It's a louse adjason, but you're going head first skeleton?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that from Tony Hawk Grinds. It's called skeleton skeleton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, Wow, that's not How much money would it take for me to pay you to go down like a professional loge?
Speaker 3: Course, it had to be a lot.
Speaker 4: I'm already happy, so I don't need money too much. Although you know, end of the world might be coming and all that stuff, so money might be able.
Speaker 3: The money might lose all its value anyways.
Speaker 6: Definitely, money might be less valuable here pretty soon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So like, I don't know, I just don't want to. Yeah, that's fine, it was fine.
Speaker 1: I have a question for y'all speaking about fun activities, if a friend asks you, hey, do you want to go drinking? What is your assumption that the activity is going to entail.
Speaker 3: The word go drinking? The assumption as a bar, yeah, or like.
Speaker 6: A parking lot somewhere.
Speaker 1: Sure, maybe drinks at a friend's place. Perhaps.
Speaker 3: Yeah. If the tech said do you want to have some drinks tonight, I would think, oh, let's maybe just hang out at the house or something. But if it's if you want to go drinking, it so we're finding a bar.
Speaker 1: So then he told me to come to the almost boba shop that he manages, and then I go inside the kitchen. There are a palette of cantalopes, and then he asked, hey, man, I just I just called you over so we could drink, But also do you think you could help me core ap, peel and pure all of these candlopes for me with me?
Speaker 6: So you got you got a minimum wage job?
Speaker 1: Trap is what you introduct Got got? I got got. But we did test like four different mojitos, and I don't know if he was fucking with me because he said, I don't know which rum to use, so I'm gonna make you through different mohedos. Can you try and see if you can taste the rum.
Speaker 3: This is sounding better.
Speaker 1: I could not taste the rum, and as the mohitos progressed, it made it exponentially harder to cut the candlope.
Speaker 6: That sounds like a really sad like Emerson poem. I could not taste the rum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just why is the rum gone?
Speaker 1: That being said, I felt so alive cutting these cantalope.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is it as they're vaguely head shaped?
Speaker 1: Oh no, not anout, not at all.
Speaker 4: I was just like, oh wow, look at this repetitive task that I can do that I'm okay while drinking. Yeah, accomplishments while drinking, and I was wearing an apron.
Speaker 1: I felt so alive, so nice I got.
Speaker 4: I got like drunk, drunk for the first time in a while. This was oh yeah, I know it's been so long, Like for the first time ever. I became one of those I love you man guys. I mean, like multiple people cry by just expressing my feelings to them, just getting out of control. Yeah, that's getting out of control. Then I was just very powerful, nice, drunk like ship onto the dext day. I was like, oh, this is why I don't know.
Speaker 6: I exposed feelings to humans. This is the worst feeling.
Speaker 3: I was like, God, those people know that I love them.
Speaker 1: That's that's yeah.
Speaker 3: I wanted my leverage. I'm gonna stay in bed. I haven't really seen like I've definitely drink with Mike Manati numerous times, but I feel like I haven't really seen you drunk drunk, you know, no.
Speaker 4: Especially like because this last summer I was in such a oh I have three beers. I have a headache phase for whatever reason. So yeah, not a ton of dying. Yeah, probably the end is coming.
Speaker 3: Sure, Yeah I am.
Speaker 4: I mean in general, I don't like to drink as much as I used to at all. I don't like to get drunk. That's why this is like probably the first time in a couple of years. Like I gotten there and it was argely because my friend got excited and kept buying shots, and I was just like, I like my friend. I like doing shots with my friend, not to say no, right, that was it driving. So I was like, yeah, sure, that's the thing I've always hated. This is a strong work because it's such a nice gesture. When people are like, let s a round of shots. I bought them, you know, it's like, well, you're not going to say no. But it's like I've never enjoyed a shot. I've only regretted shots. And so like whenever I see there, like hey, we're doing shots, mixed feelings. You know, it's a big ass. It's a big ass to just be like, here's this thing that you're doing right now. Yeah, It's like I'm like, I'm about forty. You know what this does to me now?
Speaker 3: Like this, I will I.
Speaker 1: Will never turn down a shot. I am now. I love I love Nicki Grayson to death. Right, NICKI is is the best we can all say this, right, yes, but I think this was maybe SGF last year. And then we went to a bar and then Nicky said let's do shots, and I buy shots and they come and then Nicky's like, oh no, no, no, I don't want to do that. Actually, oh you don't want to do shots.
Speaker 6: Those are your problems. You didn't even want to drink that night.
Speaker 1: So's incredible. I just wound up taking the shots.
Speaker 3: I made a very big boy decision this weekend because it's like, I guess I technically had a four day weekend because I had the surgery on Thursday morning and then they told me just to not do anything for several days.
Speaker 1: So it's just one of those.
Speaker 3: But it sucks because it's not like a fun four day weekend because it's like sitting around then. Like Saturday night, my sister was streaming and I was like, oh, that's fun. Okay, I was just going down on my cry. I really want to watch that. And you know, normally a Saturday night, it's like I'd like to have a drink. And I'm like googling, like can I drink after sinus lifts surgery? And like I got tons of stitches up here and stuff, and I'm seriously thinking, like, Okay, it'd be nice to have a couple of drinks. But also I'm reading that it thens the blood and it might just break through all the stitches and then I've just got a mouthful of blood and I got to figure out emergency dentists on Saturday night and I said, I will have a liquid death. Wow, Harry, grown up of you. Yes, destroy your own mouth.
Speaker 1: Yes, everyone else have an okay weekend before we get to the game.
Speaker 3: It's everyone's weekend accounted for now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I think so.
Speaker 4: Candlope to bogganing liquid death and I love you man.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: I did get a flat tire as well on the mini van, and that was like right when we were getting ready to leave to go tobogganing, and I'm like, well, you know, I kind of occasionally like changing the tire makes me feel like I've done something, even though it's really represents that I did not deal with, like the fact that tire was going bald for a very long time. Although I did discover as I was changing it had a giant screw in it, so it wasn't really my fault either way.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: I was surprised that my mini van's donut the spare tire is actually on the outside of the van underneath. I hadn't had one of those before. Usually it's always been in the trunk of the car underneath like the floorboard. And it was very fun to like to figure out how to get to the tire. There is a bolt.
Speaker 6: Between the back seats that you have to get to by lifting up a flap on the carpet and you take the the you take the like.
Speaker 3: The the little gimmick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can take the gimmick, yeah, and you sort of just unscrew it. And it lowers down to the ground and there's like this this little hook that kind of pulls it up, and I was like, oh, that's pretty fun. The problem is, it's like this cars from twenty twelve. The tire looked like it had been sitting under a car for fourteen years, really rusty and stuff like that. But whatever it gotta be, screw it. So yeah, exactly got me.
Speaker 6: To the Walmart Auto center in no time.
Speaker 4: Damn am I correct? Assuming that you and I would both be unable to change.
Speaker 3: A tire, Oh, there's no chance in the hell. I would pay whatever it costs. What Yeah, now, guys, it's very easy. There's no way my head wouldn't be crushed under atire. That's how I.
Speaker 6: Would not going undry. Would you put your head there?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know what I'm doing. I thought I was going to die this weekend, actually yesterday, because the water just stopped getting hot, like we just didn't have hot water. It's like, what the hell was your pilot light up? Well, so I texted the plumber and I was like, Hey, what's the deal here, And he's like, I can come out, but I know you could do it. You know, and like you we were talking about it, and he's like, so I'm back there, I got bonked and she's looking in the little window to see the spark, and I'm learning how to like go to the pilot thing and press down the gas valve. And he pressed the little thing to make the thing and it went for a second, it lit up, but then it broke and the guy came out yesterday and he's like, oh yeah, it's fucked the whole. We got to get a new water heater. And so literally yesterday he came out determined it needs a new water heater, called the guy. They brought out a new water heater, brought it in here. But while he was like doing something to the old one, I'm sitting here like just doing work stuff, and I hear this loud it's like, you know, just right there, very close. Like I'm like, that doesn't sound normal, And then I just hear the plumbers.
Speaker 1: Be like oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh God, what's going on? And he just kind of stumbles out and he's just drenched, just completely drenched, and he goes. In thirty years of doing this, this has only happened to me one other time, there is something going on with the pressurization with this water heater. And I ran up and got him a towel and everything, but it just like exploded all over him.
Speaker 4: I like to imagine the woodpeckers are responsible somehow likely Yeah likely.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they moved onto phase two of their plans.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: What is like the biggest project or fixed that you've done in your lives? Because mine is swapping out the water heater in my basement at this house.
Speaker 6: I stopped working. I bought a new one.
Speaker 2: I did everything myself, took like I had to carry them heavy one that had a ton of sentiment upstairs. It was a pain in the ass, but I did it, got it working, and now we have hot water again.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, how about you.
Speaker 1: Guys mounting a TV like a big Yeah I did that.
Speaker 6: That was done that a bunch of times now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And like fixing a hole in some dry wall, sure, yeah, that's a good, that's a good. I guess I built. I built a table, but that was for a job.
Speaker 6: Sure, Okay.
Speaker 4: I's been here fled at one time. So I like, like my basically basic just storage. So I had to like way through the water and get everything out of the basement and that alone took a few hours, and then you know, fixing the whole leaking situation long and at least decent enough before the actual plumber came in.
Speaker 3: So that was a bad one. I fixed a leak by doing some like epoxy stuff and putting it on a pipe and wrapping it up and tape and stuff. But just to understand why I'm I'm not a handy guy, uh, In the last week, my father texted me very proud that, like, I bought a drill and he had a cubon for a drill.
Speaker 4: Well, this is the guy who often criticizes people for not being like man enough.
Speaker 1: Drill.
Speaker 3: Everyone but him is very aware of how ironic all of this. Is the guy who passes out if he has to get like a little blood test thing or something. You know, yeah, yeah, he's the only one who doesn't that right. But you know he's living in this new place now, and he bought a keypad thing for a lock, you know, so the one we get to type in the number gimmicks and you know that unlocks the door, and he uninstalled the door handle and then just put the wireless keypad on there. So he doesn't have a door handle. Now for his front door. He has to grab the little keypad thing and pull or push it because there was only one hole there, and he replaced the door handle.
Speaker 1: I just looked at the list of games. We can't we can't talk about our lives anymore.
Speaker 3: A lot of games. There's a lot of games.
Speaker 2: Hey, if it shout out, it's the Paul Riker, the number one fan of Ladies sweatpants out there. I just want to like, I'm proud of that because that traces back to me, because I introduced Dan to joggers, and then the joggers your dad bought again, are those aim exact cheap joggers that I.
Speaker 6: Recommended to you in the first place.
Speaker 2: I think we've all moved on from but he's still super dandom because they're twenty bucks or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, I wore them once and he kept making fun of me for wearing Ladies sweatpants. And then I bought him some for Christmas. He loved them. And then I got this text yesterday, did you get those fancy East Coast sweatpants? On Amazon? And I sent them to Amazon link It says thank you. I've actually worn a hole in one of them. I need to buy more. I only wear them when I'm feeling fancy. The nineteen dollars Joggers.
Speaker 6: Yes, store dot give bomb dot com, there's Joggers on there.
Speaker 1: Id of want to buy your father like a juicy coutures SWE's soup. Oh yeah, he would eBay it immediately. Yeah. I just wanted him to look at the box, shake his head. Yeah, to shake his head, yeah, Steve. Nexfest is going on right now. There's an obscene amount of demos, and I'm oddly filled with hope for the video game industry because of them. One of the games I checked out was TMNT Tactical Takedown from Strange Scaffold. I don't understand how they keep making games. It's a lot they stop. But this is very different than what I originally thought its format would be. This is very much kind of like the Hitman Go format, where you are moving like what looked like board game pieces around. Sure, and at least in the demo that is currently out, you are only controlling one turtle. I think the flow of the game is you may only be controlling one turtle at a time, and they do this interesting thing where instead of having like a static level, the level is constantly mutating, so it kind of replicates that side scrolling beat them up feeling of like progressing through a screen after you've beat up Abut.
Speaker 2: Sure that would be very much associated with teenage MT Ninja turtles. People wouldeel that, So Yeah, I could see why they want to include something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think because this kind of happened with I Am Your Beast, but they never had like a public leader board where they're kind of pushing, like speeding through a level getting a high score. And it feels like the flow of tactical Takedown is going to be similar to that because a lot of the abilities you have are like kind of jumping around. The first Turtle you have access to is Michaelangelo, and some of his move set is you will all you over enemies and as you like kind of like checker piece, go over another enemy or a foot clan member, you do damage to them, and then you can kind of like checkerboard jump around, eating or attacking the different pieces from there.
Speaker 6: It's really cool.
Speaker 1: It's really fast paced, so I'm kind of wondering how long the game is supposed to be or how different the Turtles will wind up eventually playing. It's neat. The setup is the foot clan with a cry, Schredder's daughter has has invaded the Sewers, and Michaelangel doesn't have any access to the other Turtles. It's a neat tactics game.
Speaker 6: It uh.
Speaker 1: I do want to shout it out specifically because it taps into my favorite part of tactics games, where if the map is kind of like looks like it is in a giant black void, you can kick people off of the map and that's absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 6: Then you definisht rate.
Speaker 1: You can't defenestrate, but you can throw someone off a plane of existence, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 6: That's might might be better.
Speaker 3: Is there a new Turtles like movie or something coming out? So odd of them to call of duty?
Speaker 6: Yes? There.
Speaker 2: In fact, the just assume there's always one, but these days especially, there's always one. Nickelodeon goes hard on teenagemutings, every new generation Kid super Duper gets into Turtles again. It's it's very similar to Pokemon and a few other things.
Speaker 1: They had a really good movie last year, Dan, I think you'd like it.
Speaker 3: I heard that one with like Seth Rogan and yes, yeah, no, Seamous isn't Seamous in one of them. Seamous was in like that live action Michael Babe won the scene. Geez, I like this.
Speaker 4: I like this first line on the Steam page. Splinter and Shredder are dead like deadly a lions opening.
Speaker 6: They're back in some Fortnite thing and the last game is gonna be really bad.
Speaker 3: I bought Dona, Tello and Call of Duty. Oh okay, had all four of them. They have bundles for all four, and it's like, I can't buy.
Speaker 6: We can we can do that.
Speaker 3: We could do the Turtles, Chris.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Mike, you could do a Christmas in February.
Speaker 4: Have your celfa Ninja Turtles Christmas. I'm looking at this. It looks, i don't know, like a little bit of the whole. They look like board game pieces. Thing almost kind of looks a little bit like an excuse to not have that much animation in it.
Speaker 6: I mean, I'm like, I think we got to realize that a certain point. All indie games do that sort of thing, right, Like they make them look like eight bit because that's more affordable than making it look like, you know, a Trey game.
Speaker 4: You're right, Who am I to complain? It's it's it's a style, and it's it's well, no, if it.
Speaker 6: Bothers you, it bothered you, Like you can't control that. So yeah, like I see it. I'm like at a certain point, like maybe a little bit more flair would work for me as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And and they're not locked into the puzzle piece or board game piece. Look like Michaelangel will like kind of loosely animate when he's doing the different attacks, like he'll be spinning his nun Choco around or whatever. I'm excited. I didn't bother to check when the official release date. Is kind of surprised that there's a demo out already. Speaking about demos, another demo I checked out was wheel World.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let me, I'm people recommend this one. I'm gonna download this set right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to boldly claim a headline that will be circulating around when this game eventually comes out. It's going to be Gears of the Kingdom because of bike Gears. Oh that's very smart, that's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, jan I played the demo yesterday and the two games I thought of first were A Breath of the Wild and Burnout paradise. So wow, Okay, I thought that that make a It's oh no, because when you're getting you accumulate boost by like it was the moment that like I did like an almost hit with like I can't remember if it was a bike or an object, and it's like, oh near miss and I got boost and I was like, that's a burnout. And also it's like, you know, it's open world the way that like Burnout is it's pretty fucking cool, like great, look, great music, great, just chill riding a bike around an open world, boosting around, jumping off ramps like very up my alley.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was kind of bothered initially that it didn't kind of replicate the Tony Hawk formula of writing a little vehicle around, but I quickly got used to it. And you're right, Dan, it is an open world, just like Burnout Paradise, and you're kind of going to these different objectives and where it's similar to I guess Breath of the Wild Tiers of the Kingdom is that you have to go activate these beacons that will unlock parts of the map.
Speaker 3: Bells were like, yes, bike bells that are shrines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, realize that, yes, wow, And it's uh, it's really neat because, uh, some of your quests are just straight up like, hey, complete this race, beat this person, go to this other part of the map to unlock bike parts. And it feels like the bike parts. For as much as they throw at you at the beginning, I am under the assumption that you may actually have to tactically swap out some bike parts based off of like where you are on the map.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's like a lot of hairpinterns here, so I got to put on tires that have better grip and things like that. And you don't have to go to a shop or anything. You just pause and just swap things out instantly. There's fast travel that like I was just approaching like a porta potty on the side of the road and there was just like some weird guy in there and opened it up and there was a portal and he's like, oh, it's portal potties, and it's that's how you fast travel around. It's just it's just got a real fun vibe to it for sure. Like even like the art style to take a look, it's that like it looks nice, not quite so it's like that sable game.
Speaker 6: I don't know, flat shading.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it reminded me also of that that that skating shooting game that came out to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a roller drome, but yeah, kind of that look a little like lighter, you know, in terms of just tone. The music is also banging into that yep, yep, that game that I went from not knowing about it to mark on my calendar. That looks great.
Speaker 1: Uh. Dan. You also put down that you've checked out some other Steam Excess demos, any other rex you can give.
Speaker 3: Like, what I won't give is the House That Dead to remake. I love House the Dead two on Dreamcast, big big fan of that, and uh, it just didn't work the For like four times I tried to launch it. I just couldn't get into the game. Like the menus are all weird and mislabeled, and it's like, okay, this might be an indicator of quality right away. Also, there was an option where you could mute the reload. It literally says mute reload scream with a checkbox, and I'm like, I'm personally offended that that's even an option.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like when people get mad that you can make games easier like that, I am with you on that where I will get mad if you can get rid of that sound.
Speaker 3: You have to scream reload at me every three seconds. Yes, yes, And they change the voices the weird you know house to dead voices, and so it's like not nearly as fun and campy, which is they get the actors.
Speaker 6: From the movie from the Uba bol movie.
Speaker 3: God you could hope. If there's one positive I would say is that the actual like shooting of the zombies feels really meaty, and it feels just really just like they're really just getting messed up and body parts flying around and stuff. But yeah, I went from being excited to be like, Okay, maybe I'll just play the dreamcast one when I want my house to dead.
Speaker 1: Fix.
Speaker 3: One that I am a little excited about is Tempest Rising, which that is just straight up a man in common. It is like straight up GDI verse nod like my Barracks on the not nod side was a giant fist building, Like oh yeah, even the fucking unit voices. Every time I was like selecting stuff and everything, I was like, I swear to god, that's a voice from Reddler too. They got Frank Lapecky, the guy that did the hell March and all the classic Command Conquer stuff. He does a couple of tracks, I believe. I saw some comments saying that they did get members of the old Westwood team to work on the game. I don't know that for sure, but like it is very clear what they're going for here from like the load screens and stuff and Welcome Commander and like you know, command dot exe and all this stuff. It's just it's Command of Conquer through and through. There's the way it does. Like harvesters is really cool because instead of building a refinery with harvesters that come out, it's like, at least with the faction I was, it's like a building on wheels, but then the wheels are all individual little harvesters, so you just drive the building to the tempest field and then the four wheel things break off and the four guys go and harvest everything and bring it back so you can move it around. He's like, it's just like it feels like what I would imagine Command a Concker being like if it had remained a serious Now you know, it's makes me happy.
Speaker 2: Nice, we're probably a gate but I'm sorry just looking at the developer and they like worked on ghost Runner and stuff weird.
Speaker 1: Okay hmm uh yeah a man, it's Steam next Fest. There's an obsceen amount of demos. We're going to try and download a bunch and check them out later this week.
Speaker 2: On Yeah, I had one my Hardcore Circus demo. That's a weird two D platformer that's supposed to be extremely difficult.
Speaker 6: It is all about like.
Speaker 2: Maintaining your momentum and you know, doing the tangential jumps off from like swings, so you want to make sure you time it. So like if you've got to go dead right on this swing because there's a spike up there, you've got to make sure you hit the jump right when it comes on the down swing and it's like you're even with the ground, so you carry the momentum directly forward and you got to hit the ring the next ring dead on.
Speaker 6: There's no give or take there. You got to get it right on there.
Speaker 2: And there's pretty spaced out checkpoints, so it's like these sections of really difficult platforming, very you know, finicky particular platforming, and then once you get through that section, then there's another section just like that, but you know with new obstacles in the way.
Speaker 6: I'm into it.
Speaker 2: It's got this like you know, satanic circus theme, Like literally it starts with the devil.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, miss your whole deal. Psycho circus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kiss, you know they they kissed me and I have been cursed with the psycond Circus my entire life.
Speaker 1: This How bad is that games?
Speaker 3: Psycho Circus? I never really played it.
Speaker 6: I wonder if probably Blake club worthy.
Speaker 3: Probably a little bit on the bubble, but the bubbles.
Speaker 6: But imagine Mike as uh huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want he would have y'all should if you give this blight to Mike, he should be a different Kiss member each episode?
Speaker 3: How long a Mickey thing one?
Speaker 2: Or don't I don't want to be, But you got do you do the tongue thing all the time, and you could be what's his names?
Speaker 6: You've got Gene Simmons energy, Mike, you're more of the child though.
Speaker 3: I saw so I would never just call out a funny post I saw, but this one really got me. It was if you read all four Kiss autobiographies, it's like rasham On for idiots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that.
Speaker 2: I am downloading a bunch of stuff from the steam necklast that I will be preparing maybe for our Friday stream That rough and the Riverside demo.
Speaker 6: That is that he places that.
Speaker 2: Raccoon or the tanuki that can take textures and throw it onto other things. So it's like you could pick up the grass texture, throw it on the waterfall, turn the waterfall into grass, and now you can climb up the waterfall.
Speaker 6: That sort of thing. It looks awesome.
Speaker 2: You guys should actually take a look at it because it looks amazing. Monico two, this one, you guys should all download. Yes, yeah, if we can't play it now, we should trying to know this is a sequel to that four player heist game.
Speaker 6: It's like, yeah, you can only see line of sights.
Speaker 2: You have to kind of communicate with one another. I think this could be a really fun one. There's a Roadcraft demo that I'm like, well, Roadcraft is definitely my most anticipated game. It's that like civil service repairing a city that's been hit by like a flood or a landslide, and.
Speaker 6: You got to go in there and rebuild the bridges and the roads from the mud.
Speaker 2: Runner team and then that you just go around, yeah, just kicking the soccer ball and it looks like Gold Story, but first person and with the soccer ball.
Speaker 6: So a bunch of a bunch of cool stuff happening over there.
Speaker 1: Last Steam neex Fast demo shout out skin Deep, it's a first person shooter. I dig the look of this. I haven't gone the chance to actually check it out, but I love in the description that the developer saying, we got sneezing, we got things getting stuck to your feet, because it feels ever so slightly adjacent to tripping in a video game.
Speaker 3: Oh good, good, good stuff. Yes, yes, uh a couple. I got my eyes on our promised mascot agency that looks weird and interesting. And also Demon Tides, a three D platformer that I yeah, yeah, I wish I want to try Demon Turf again. Maybe I wanted to really like that one but couldn't get into it. Was that a previous one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so yeah, it was a three D platformer and it had like the characters were spiked and it had that interesting look. This one everything is just three D. It still actually looks pretty good, though, So I I ended up.
Speaker 2: Really liking Demon Turf, so I'm looking forward to this well also, and I deliver it all costs, which Dan, you've played before.
Speaker 3: Right, Yes, I played that. It's fun and weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm gonna I'm gonna try that. And then last one I'm downloading here is a Slice and Dice pizza shop simulator where you play as a guy that like has to make pizzas I think, but it's also a three D beat him up like a first person beat him up, so the dough or like you might be, you beat up the dough and then you beat up some dopes and.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm glad of that. You know, let's do that, all right. That's a bunch of demos there. Last week we decide to start another race and we dugge the very bottom in a game about digging a hole. And I should have known we were at a disadvantage from the get go. Jeff Grub is just adept at dirt. Grubs dirt.
Speaker 2: Put a little turn on your pillow for the grub Land. You did almost Yeah, you were very close.
Speaker 3: I was coming back.
Speaker 1: By the end.
Speaker 3: You were way far behind.
Speaker 1: But the punishment that Jeff Grubb gave the rest of us participating was to play the thing remastered, And Dan, you completed it.
Speaker 3: I beat it turns out, Oh there's Mike.
Speaker 1: Oh he's feeling better. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Actually, this weekend just being laid up. I beat The Thing Remastered and the First Warrior Land so a lot of just land down playing games this weekend. I got thoughts on both those. But the Thing, it is ambitious and we're like, I liked playing it. I like the game, but I find it like more interesting than like Thing. It's just like the way it was trying to do almost like that was kind of the era where you were seeing stuff like Full Spectrum Warrior and things where or like the early Rainbow sixes where it's like ordering a squad around and things like that, and especially for like a PS two game in two thousand and two doing interesting stuff like oh, you walk into like a murder scene and you know, there's just blood all over those pool table and your guy might start throwing up, or he might freak out, or he might just shoot himself, he might shoot you, And you got to like monitor their like psych levels and stuff as well as their health and giving them adrenaline shots if they're nervous or like if you can tell by the way the way you can tell they're freaking out as hilarious because it's just the you and you just see their face.
Speaker 6: Just just I'm gonna do it right here for the video.
Speaker 3: You keep talking, I can't because yeah, yep, that's that's what.
Speaker 1: Oh God, give grub a shot.
Speaker 3: Wait, I'll do a blood test to myself.
Speaker 1: Yes, randoln help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as someone who has panic attacks, adrenaline shots sound like the worst thing in the circumstances.
Speaker 1: It's fine. They'll just give that to us on the farm. Yeah, yeah, will be great.
Speaker 3: You can also just like, let's say there's a couple guys with the end they're both just like suspicious or like they won't follow you because they don't trust you. You can give yourself a blood test in front of them like in the movie. That's the thing is like they incorporate a lot of things from the movie, some of the direct part way in the movie. Yeah, yeah, and there's fun stuff like there's a guy that is John Carpenter's likeness. There are some cameos and stuff like that from the movie. Some of it's a little ham pisted where it's just like remember that, like like there's a part where your guy goes like, let me show you what I already know, and like the main character is the biggest just dork, Like it's like this like Christian Slater sounded like very two thousand and two, you know, game protagonist.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just thought it was such a fascinating attempt to like not just make it a straightforward to action game, to like it was clearly made by people that were like, we want to like have the vibe of the movie of like how do we incorporate these ideas of not trusting your crewmates and and things like that. So yeah, I thought it was really cool. There's things where it's like there's no jump and there's not even like a clamber thing, so it's very of the time where it's like, Okay, I can't get into that room because there's a like box that goes up to my knees, you know, like that type of thing. But it's it's fine. It's ultimately, Yeah, it was like four or five hours long, I would say, and really you really enjoyed it quite a bit.
Speaker 6: You have to.
Speaker 3: It's smart too, because like the tiny little scampery critters you can just shoot and kill, but once they were a certain size, you have to get their health down to a certain point, and then you have to use like a blowtor to a flamethrower or a flame grenade, so you do have to torch them to kill them.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, and your companions are very like they get in there and they do some fighting as well, and if you're shooting one, they might clean it up with the flamethrower.
Speaker 7: Like.
Speaker 6: I did not find them a hassle to work with in combat.
Speaker 3: No, there were times where it's like I would give them, like you can choose what guns and ammo to give them and stuff. So it's like, all right, here, you take the shotgun, you take the flame thrower, and then like I can go and I can like go to the panel on the wall to restore the power, and while I'm doing that, they can be fighting all the little guys coming in and stuff like that. It's it's it's a cool game. I'm surprised it wasn't talked about as much back then, but I'm very glad to have played through it.
Speaker 2: It definitely is like from this like slightly alternative timeline of Oh, like the way we make games feel you know, bigger and have more going on is let's give like internality to the side characters and that you have to like really think about them and consider their their feelings. And yeah, I'm finding it interesting as well. I think i'm a little bit more than halfway through it.
Speaker 6: It runs great on steam Deck.
Speaker 2: I'm enjoying it, and it's been very cool to just chill out with, especially like we're starting to get to a point where it's getting a little bit warmer again, but when there was still snow outside and it was like snowy NonStop for like two and a half days here, it's a very good winter game. Just obviously the thing is yeah, entirely.
Speaker 3: I played the whole thing on steam Deck. It's awesome on there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and who's funishment was more fun? Minor jeffs What was the one I did for.
Speaker 3: Crimson Skies?
Speaker 1: Ah? Boy, they were both good.
Speaker 6: I mean they were both if I were to you that back in the day, I think them because a competition as well, So I.
Speaker 3: Think they both would have gotten like an eight point two on my old review scale back in the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that heat wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think the thing is more interesting, I'll give it that, ye sure, Yeah, the guys is more Joyful.
Speaker 1: That's fair, I would say, yeah, yeah, all right, okay, speaking about old games. Uh, Mike, you have continued to play Day of the ten tac.
Speaker 4: Play right, well, so the last weekend or so ago is my maniac Mitch and weekend, right, that's my first time playing through that. It's like, since I did that, I was like, all right as well, play through DAYD Tentacle again. And uh, that's the game I played through many many times, which you think would like take away the joy is such a puzzle focused game for me, but uh, it's such a more so than any other starts a venture game did a bunch of other venture games. It's such just a cartoon given the art style was very kind of texting avery looking right. It's got a lot of that classic era of cartoon vibes with it. The style is great, the colors pop, and it's just a funny, funny game. It's definitely one of the funniest that they've made. And the whole kind of gimmick is a time travel thing this time so you still have to be characters, but you know you're you're all at this mansion, but one is stuck two hundred years in the past and the Founding Fathers happened to be there, and it's an in and they're writing the Constitution, and another characters two hundred years in the future, and over there the tentacles have taken over and slaved humanities, and humans are just pets. And like some of the most fun stuff is the puzzles that work with that. Like, at one point in the future, there's a hamster that you need to get out of a mousehole in the basement.
Speaker 3: So how are we going to do that?
Speaker 4: Well, in the present, you find a flyer for George's vacuum cleaners, and it says George says that every American should have a vacuum cleaner in their basement. So you send that flyer to the past so that that guy could put that flyer in the suggestion box for the Constitution, so that when they read it, it says George says that every American should have vacuum cleaning the basement. Well, if good enough for Georgia Washington, I guess, so then it becomes constitutional law. So they begin at the future, pops up into the basement right by this mousehole. You get the hamster out, Like that's good.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're yourself.
Speaker 4: It's so good, Like just even recounting that puzzle Fickles being credited incredibly fancy. It's a It's one of one of those games I can say are just absolutely perfect. I think it's even a little bit less obtuse in these games can sometimes get. I think it's a great starting one. It was my first one. This was the one that I played, and then from there I got just totally into all these games. And they had that remastered version that came out like got probably ten years ago now, so it runs pretty much on on everything it's that has like newer graph fixed that are pretty faithful. I still rather just play with the old chunkier pixels because I'm an old head for sure. But it's great that it's ever also as an awesome Easter egg where you go to somebody's room with a computer and you use the computer.
Speaker 3: You just play Maniac Minchi and all of a sudden, how fun. Yeah, that's fun, Mike. I generally do the like chunky pixel stuff too when they do like remakes and stuff, and it reminds me of the early days of XBLA when they first started bringing like classic games back and it's just like the most like smooth vasolene. Just like this is not like you're trying to tell it's like enhanced graphics, like no, it is.
Speaker 4: Oh god, remember they remade Turtles and Time on next they took that down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there.
Speaker 3: Was just a lot of that.
Speaker 4: It's like, well, now it's in lame looking three D models, that's better, right nah?
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't know, Mike, speaking about older games, I've been playing for enjoyment. I see that you have hit the vert Ramp and played Tony Hawk's per Skater one plus two. Now I want to do this as well, yeah, because he.
Speaker 6: Was doing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, basically, I'm very excited about this, you know, very obviously impending announcement for to the X pro Skater three and four happening on March fourth, ha ha ha ha, which you didn't understand either, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, four, yep, very Yeah, that's very good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they know what they're doing there. But uh yeah, I'm really in the mood to play one of these.
Speaker 1: In fact, I've been in the mood for a bit.
Speaker 4: That's why I bought ten X pro Skater four from my PS two not too long ago. But with this I'm like, you know what, it would be really easy just to play one and two. It's you know, just on my PlayStation five, So whatever, let's do it. And boy, that game is just still so fun, just so nice pointing through it. It's just so easy to always jump back into it.
Speaker 1: Just I love.
Speaker 4: Just going through there and being like this, this one was probably like a nine out of ten level. This one's a seven out of ten, right, Like I start ranking the levels as I play it.
Speaker 3: The soundtrack phenomenal.
Speaker 4: I mean, those games are just ones I'm going to be going back to inter mentally throughout the.
Speaker 3: Rest of my life. And all I watched you streaming a little bit and it's just the second I all I have to just see you, like skating around the school or the warehouse, and I'm just like happy. It's just like oh hell yes, and like it's hot and you're right in that. Like I just want to play even that one right now. Like one and two, I went crazy on it when it first came out, and I haven't really touched it much since then. I'm sure it's great every time I pick it up. And oh god, three and four, I'm just gonna devour.
Speaker 6: I haven't done much of the multiplayer in one plus two.
Speaker 3: Uh, so I would like to play Horse. I want to play I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: I want to do a bunch of the modes, like I like just doing like score attack and the score and two minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you get into like the skate park creation stuff very much much?
Speaker 2: I try, Like the first time it showed up, like when we're like when all we were doing is going over my friend's house after school and playing Tony Hawk NonStop for hours, Like, yeah, we kind of milk that game for all it was worth, including making a couple of skate parks ourselves, Mike.
Speaker 3: Mike did mention that it would be fun to do a race when we're ready for another punishment thing, to do a like what do you think Mike just beat one beat proNT extol skater one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because like it was pretty good because you don't have to get all the objectives choose that, right.
Speaker 2: I was liked at like doing some of those like very obscure ones, but you.
Speaker 3: Have to do all of them. Yeah, you're right, not every hit and tape or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you could just go for the score, uh challenges, That's how.
Speaker 3: I always do those is first run on every level is I'm just gonna try to go crazy with a score and that'll get you know, pro sick.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Always get the I get the attribute point things first, right, I can't like calm down or level unless I get all of those things.
Speaker 3: Sure so, And you also just want to explore and just see, like, okay, what's the layout here. I was never as big on the ones, yeah, like the mall and stuff. I was never as big on the ones where the run they're good. It's all good. But like I like the open ones.
Speaker 1: I like the mall find by, don't like downhill jam.
Speaker 4: I think when next pro Skter three had to figure it out with the airport where you have a little bit in the beginning and then the end you're kind of being like Hangar and then it just becomes a bit more like a normal level.
Speaker 6: Again.
Speaker 3: That feels like I would just grind around the baggage claim for like a minute and a half after just patting my score out. It's my favorite. I'm so excited just for like that remake.
Speaker 1: God, I think the best adjustment to Tony Hawk is probably as you are grinding, you just buttoning out to switch to a different Grindle.
Speaker 6: Square manuals as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the sticks and all that. I would go crazy with that ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like to jump and like do some kind of a flip trick before I change my grind.
Speaker 3: Oh I always do every single time. Mike, you mentioned that, like it's up there with Mario sixty four in terms of just like, oh, yeah, this is just the best feeling game, and like it's aged so fucking well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just yeah, it always just feels amazing. It's just video games to.
Speaker 1: Me, right, absolutely, Mike, You're you're probably the most fighting game person here. The muscle memory that I kick into for Tony Hawk, because like I think I can play that game with my eyes closed and just button out the combos and kind of have the feel for it. Is that similar to how a fighting game kind of clicks in?
Speaker 3: Oh sure, yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Like It's funny how it happened when Mars cap On two, when that collection came out, a game I haven't I probably hadn't really played for a good you know, five six, maybe more years, ten years even at least in a serious way. But it's just immediately like, oh, yeah, you do this to cancel into that and then this guy comes out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it all, it all comes forward. What if instead of checking out stem next Fast demos, we just played Tony Hawk's.
Speaker 6: I mean there's no law.
Speaker 3: Well no, because I'm out with more dental shit Friday, so you got to say.
Speaker 6: Tony Hawk for me, so he'll automatically lose and get the next fun.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, not another fun game.
Speaker 1: March forth a week today.
Speaker 4: Do you think there's a chance that that's like a shadow drop or were you have a Fiskater three this time next week.
Speaker 6: We'll talk about it.
Speaker 2: There's a small chance, but they probably have a small gap between they and that when they announce it and when they release it.
Speaker 3: If they have a small gap, I'm going to do a kick flip over it. Cos body says. Playing Tony Hawk three on a GameCube controller really fucked me up. It's like, I'm normally I can adjust whether I'm playing on.
Speaker 6: A bit due was the wrong one. That's the thing.
Speaker 3: It's like with Tony Hawk, that is the one I'm super precious about.
Speaker 1: Like the idea of.
Speaker 3: Playing Tony Hawk on a sixty four or a GameCube or even like I know people like the Dreamcast version, but like, I cannot imagine what the Dreamcast d pad that is alastation.
Speaker 4: Tony Hawk two X came out as like an X bunks launch game.
Speaker 3: It's a little weird, well.
Speaker 2: On the duke on the I played it on the duke and I got infuriated. I was so mad because I'm like, you cannot go from a jump into a grind because these other buttons are slanted in the way.
Speaker 6: It's oh, I.
Speaker 3: Hated it, Like how dare they?
Speaker 2: Peo didn't bother me because I would just use the sea buttons and it was like, oh, this is perfect.
Speaker 6: They're all right there. I could get to them, so they didn't bother me.
Speaker 1: The music time with the music stuff too.
Speaker 2: You no, no, yeah, I'm not the games themselves for sure, dn't bother me.
Speaker 3: Such a GameCube freak that I still enjoy playing TONIOK in.
Speaker 4: The GameCube, but I mean, I think the dpad sucks on the thing, so it is a little weird yet to use the analyog stick and that's just oh, I'm kind of weird for Tony.
Speaker 1: Hawk going from one sport to another. Tough grub. You've been playing PGA too or two K twenty five.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is out in a couple of days.
Speaker 2: I think there's an early access version right now that I'm playing, and it is a lot like PGA Tour two K twenty four. But they, you know what, there are some changes. I think, honestly, I've been conflating. There's this in another golf game that's been coming out recently. Maybe it's the EA one. I think I've been playing the two K ones though, so I do think these are improvements. There is so for a while now, for a very long time now. To me, this is still new. But I'm an old man. I remember doing the three button presses for golf, and that's golf game to me. But for like twenty years now, they been doing the analog stick like like you have the Golden Tea rolling a ball thing.
Speaker 3: It's very similar Tiger Woods thing, the analog down up, Tiger.
Speaker 2: Woods down up, and in the recent two K games, they're very much like, Okay, if you want to play it on the normal default mode, you got to do like a smooth backswing, a smooth upswing. You got to get the timing right. There's all these little elements just like a golf swing. It's very It does a good job of approximating that getting the timing right.
Speaker 6: Was always the big trouble spot for me.
Speaker 2: So what they've done this time, And honestly, maybe this was here, but now it's much more noticeable. In the UI, there is a circle that your swing exists in. As you start to pull back, you could see it on the on the screen, And as you start the swing, a tinier like outline of a circle begins to grow inside of that circle. And once it hits the the the kind of power setting that you set as like your intention for the swing, that's when you want to begin the upswing. And as long as you get the timing on that right, everything else kind of just falls into place. Then it's like, Okay, how straight did you pull back? How straight did you press forward? Did you get it inside the cone where it's like it's not going to go way off to the side, And then inside that cone did you get it on the little nub in there where it's going to be a perfect shot. So it's just visually very much easier to know what you're supposed to do with your swing. It's still difficult because it's a golf swing and it's supposed to be difficult, but it's much easier to actually grock what is happening.
Speaker 6: And I really appreciate that. It's already made it a much.
Speaker 2: More enjoyable game for me as someone who wants to jump in there, play around on the corn ferry like tour like leading up to the PGA two or whatever, and it's been Yeah, it's really working for me. It has all the other stuff like, hey, looks looks fantastic, sounds nice. The announcers are talking constantly, but I don't find them annoying or anything like that.
Speaker 6: It's yeah, I think this really works as a golf game.
Speaker 3: Now, I wonder if I should try that, because like I have historically liked golf games, it's like boxing. I like golf and boxing games way more than I like the actual sports. And I do prefer the like the Tiger style swing to the like hot shots Mario Golf three tap like. I like them both. They're both great, but like I love just the kind of emulating the feeling of the back and forth swings. So there should try this. Is EA still doing the Rizzy McAfee thing or is that it's what Tiger turned into?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Rory McElroy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yes, he was on one of those, but I think McAfee the most recent one did not have Rizzy on there, and that what that did just happen like last year or the year before that. So yes, e A is doing their golf game as well, and it's very similar, very close. They It has, like the Masters, a few things you can't get in this game because like we're gonna go get the rights for these things and make them exclusive dour game. But both these games are pretty close in terms of features. I think I do prefer the two K one and I always think i'm playing it. I'm like, you know, I know, we got we're talking about Tony Hawk and much other things. I would like to do a stream where we just do a couple of rounds of golf. I think that'd be fun, would yes, yeah, yes, okay, yeah, see we could set that up.
Speaker 6: Maybe that could be a Jeff Grub gimmick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know tons of things about golf now that you've got your clubs, your wedges, your drivers. Speaking about drivers, rub driving is hard.
Speaker 6: It's a beautiful channel. Yes, this is another Grub game.
Speaker 2: This is a getting over it like in that genre.
Speaker 1: Of this is what you were talking about.
Speaker 2: Yes, and instead of this one being one where it's like, hey, climbing is hard, or you're gonna be in a pot and pushing yourself up, or now it's that but with a now you can do it in VR all these things really exist. Or the one where I played as a pumpkin that was rolling trying to like jump up a bunch of stuff. This one you're in a little four by four bathtub. I mean literally is a bathtub with like springy wheels. Honestly, it looks a lot like the car from the cover of Stunt Race FX.
Speaker 6: Yes, I definitely like that a lot. This is cool, This is good.
Speaker 2: You know, if you don't like those kinds of games getting over it, you're not gonna like this. But if you are into those sorts of things or enjoy watching like streamers play them, this one I think really works because it's all about just those four wheels and the physics of like, Okay, this one's got to roll over this rock. It's going to push me to the side, and there's the giant chasm. Can I find a way to like sort of turn into this this like little cliff here so I can get up there and immediately re establish myself without like being too chaotic, so I don't suddenly just fall off. And then of course you get a little bit higher, and now the narrow little track's got fifty little mines everywhere, and you got to just try to drive the path so your wheels go like over them or between them. Okay, and then now here's a giant mine at the end, and how are you going.
Speaker 6: To deal with that?
Speaker 2: You have a jump button, so if you tap the jump, you do a little jump. You hold the jump, you do a higher jump longer, and then you'll get to points where Okay, I'm at this ramp and I think it wants me to jump way like fifty feet in that direction, and it's like, yep, that's what I was supposed to do, and it feels really good to like land that immediately hit the brake and she'd be like okay, shu. And you know, I've played for a couple like maybe an hour now, I've had like I stopped after a really really really big fall because I got to a red light green light situation that I did not know was a red light green light situation. When it turned red the ground I was on because I just kept going gave way and I just I felt I think a thousand meters.
Speaker 6: So yeah, it's uh, it's good. I'm about I think I got about a fifth of the way up, and I'm really enjoying it.
Speaker 2: But again, like people know if these games are for them or not, and if it's not for you, this is not going to change that.
Speaker 3: Was this a demo or was this an out?
Speaker 6: I think this is shootout now, Okay, I want to try it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do think this is one that like, oh, it's a good spin on it because I think the driving physics, the car physics.
Speaker 6: Are really good.
Speaker 1: Cool, nice, nice, gosh, so many options for things to stream out. Huh, Mike Manati, I see that you took a visit to the museum, the Two Point Museum.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so these two point games that have been popping off sort of the spiritual successors to those theme games a theme park, theme hospital, theme aquarium. I haven't really dived into them yet, but I like these the slot I especially like natural history museums.
Speaker 3: That's kind of the main focus here.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's just one of those simulation games and you have a museum and you kind of you know, you have to like hire the workers, you have to place exhibits and decorations all stuff. But the loop is very good and it's also very easy. Like the tutorialization almost felt kind of non existent. It just ramps up the complexity in a very natural, sensical way where you have a museum and you have a helipad outside. You can send workers out on expeditions to go find exhibits, right, and then when you get the exhibit, you need to place it. You need to put like good decorations and also sort of like info stuff, and then based on how like how much how entertaining the exhibit is and how informative it is, then you'll get donations. So you have to place a little donation boxes around strategically as well. So it kind of just feeds into this loop of making money from that I didn't ticket sales and concessions and you know, your gift shop so that you can then have more expeditions. You can go out and get bigger exhibits, some of the big things like giant dinosaur skeletons, like maybe you can come back with that part of it, and you have to go on more expeditions to get all of that. It's just very intuitive and very easy laying stuff out, especially like the special rooms. They oh, you need to make a breakroom for for your workers, so it's just this dragon drop tile thing and it's like, okay, now place you know, the couch, and place the snack stand in there, and well a lot. It's a pretty good looking breakroom. Same thing with the gift shop and whatnot. You're also eventually managing multiple museums, like the first one very clearly natural history. Then the second one is more of an aquarium, so there's a lot, you know, different funerations, and it's like okay, and I need to set up the water take again, very easy dragon drop on the grid based thing.
Speaker 3: Now you're sending.
Speaker 4: Out your people to oceans to get different fish to put it in there. So it's just like the loop is very satisfaying and it's just also very easy. Sometimes these games can kind of feel complicated and overwhelming. You know, as much as I like Planet Coaster right which I do a lot, even you know, like a Planet Zoo, those games can be pretty complicated. This is a lot more chill and a lot more approachable, where I was feeling there, I say, very cozy playing.
Speaker 6: Whoa Oka are?
Speaker 1: You want to say that I will.
Speaker 2: I like this a lot. Actually, I was really impressed you've got this in fantasy critics. I don't know if we could trust your opinion.
Speaker 4: You're already out, so so don't worry. I can't influence anything there. I didn't write a review either. I'm just telling you all here right now that I think that this actually a kind of rules.
Speaker 1: Like animal crossing new rises.
Speaker 4: My favorite part of the entire game was the museum, so much finding stuff for it, but just walking around there.
Speaker 3: I just like the vibes of a museum, so this gave is nothing but those vibes.
Speaker 4: Also like a bit of humor that there's cons only people talking over the loud speakers and they're saying funny things, or you're listening to a radio show that's kind of funny. So it's just some good background aesthetics going on as well. But yeah, if you haven't jumped into any of these yet, I think this is going to be a really good one to get into.
Speaker 2: Very truly want to play this. I just another game right now, how like detailed? How up close can you get to like the aquarium exhibits. Can you go in there are there memes? And can I show off the memes to my children?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a great question. I mean my part of me is like, I think, yeah, too close. Maybe I haven't tried getting closer. I don't know if you can do the thing where you pick on a character you start looking at it through their eyes.
Speaker 3: For the person, you know me, I consider myself God, so I like looking.
Speaker 1: Down all that.
Speaker 6: I feel bad for even asking you what the little people are saying?
Speaker 3: Right exactly?
Speaker 4: So I'm not sure, but you definitely do collect memes right, Even sometimes it's like, okay, you know there is more depth there for sure? Where Oh to go to this area to do an excavation, I need a worker who has, like you know this, I don't know, deep science skill or something like that.
Speaker 3: So I can either hire.
Speaker 4: Somebody with that, or I can make a training room and train somebody to do that. Little things like that, and it seems like there's a good amount of other museums. The next thing we're gonna do is actually build some kind of spooky museum. I don't know what that entails. That sounds like that's gonna be fun too. This is more of the campaign. There is just a full on sandbox both too that I haven't really dug into, which is gonna be a bit.
Speaker 3: More free form. But you know, I'm enjoying this campaign.
Speaker 4: It's onboarding me really nice, and it still feels like I'm immediately playing the game. It's not just oh, this is the tutorials just being done for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah. There's a Penis museum in Iceland.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do they have is that where they got resputants penis?
Speaker 3: I didn't see. I went there and I did not see your resputants penis. They have like just resputant penis if you signed up or as futinus penis when I see it, Yes, uh no they got. It's a good, good museum. A lot of a lot of dicks in there was just.
Speaker 1: Even some of the touches, right, so even more when you were there.
Speaker 4: God, but like even like also you know, like you need to be informative to keep the museum rating high. But like once kids are showing up, they don't care about plaques. See it to start researching interactive exhibits and things like that, right, so like, oh god, this is just all fun. And you know because of the decorations everything like you can, yeah you can. You know, Lizzy stuff up pretty good in there. I like getting into that whole decorating vibe. Put a waterfall here, a nice fountain there, make sure the skeleton's over here.
Speaker 1: Just into it.
Speaker 3: I'm into it, everybody. I want to think. I'm just gonna get it to the museum game.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna open up a museum.
Speaker 7: You do.
Speaker 3: The best museums are the ones where it's like super like science y interactive, where it's like, you know, here's the big tornado thing. Yeah, here's the the optional illusion.
Speaker 4: Were talking about the stuff I was just talking about that I had to make for the children in my fake museum.
Speaker 3: But those are my favorite museums. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 6: Great.
Speaker 2: I got to stay the night in one of those is as a kid in Boy Scouts, and it was I still think about it all the time.
Speaker 6: It's so much fun. It was so cool.
Speaker 1: I like the museums where they just give you pieces of chocolate everywhere. That's really That was a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I enjoyed that.
Speaker 2: I thought it was about something like predator coming right here from chocolate.
Speaker 3: Trying to teach you about beans. I'm just trying to eat my chocolate.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to teach you about beans. They're just presenting.
Speaker 3: Then I accidentally learned about beans, and nothing happened from nineteen forty five to the case.
Speaker 4: Now children won't read plaques. They need interactive exhibit.
Speaker 1: But that was literally dad. I was all about the thing.
Speaker 3: You put money in it to make a where disco happened. Remember, I just want to what happened you won that day?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My favorite museum bits is when you throw like a quarter in and it's like a little cyclone or like a trano and just going around. I'm like, man, if I could be that quarter right now?
Speaker 3: Man, they just have the gimmick a taco bell where you put the quarter in and you rotate the thing in the water and you try to catch the quarter on it and you get a free you know you sent them in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gosh, we need to bring so many things back. Uh. The last game on the docket here is a big one. It is Monster Hunter.
Speaker 6: Why that baby game? I have?
Speaker 1: So? I saw the review scores pop out yesterday, pretty pretty positive across the board. Big get for fucking Lucy James and mad And I was thinking this when I checked it out originally a couple months ago, when I visited Capcom in Osaka, and I thought that, Wow, I've gone very good at video games. Now, I'm really good at this game. And I didn't. I didn't want to entertain the thought that perhaps perhaps they've scaled the difficulty back ever so slightly to continue to attract a wider audience in folks, gentlemen exactly. I think that's what they did. They did that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely haven't died yet in this Monster Hunter. I haven't either. And also the open world part of it, it's just like I'm no monster inter expert, but like the ones I played I remember, it's like, man, there's this vast open world of these like zones and stuff like that, and there's more of an exploration focus where it's like I'm four hours in and so far most of my getting around has been like autopilot on top of an ostrich while I'm like throwing a slingshot at berries that I don't know what they do. So it's like it is, it's kind of dumbed down and simplified in a lot of ways. But also it is still confusing in that way to like me, as someone who doesn't know a lot about Monster Hunter, I'm constantly like, what does that do? How do I apply that to my sling shot? What are these sixteen things I picked up on this ride? Like it's not I kind of think they're failing on that front of like appealing to newer people, you know.
Speaker 1: Because there's a lot of stuff. Yeah, yeah, there's a lot of stuff that you can engage with, but it doesn't like take it away from your eyeballs and it's just like, hey, you could go get this like slitter nut or something to throw it out. Sorry, I heard that's what it was called. I'm sorry. This is the first place my brain went. It's been a day, and you can engage with it and it will take up so much space in your inventory, but some of that may not even apply unless you're engaging with like different AMMO types for the other like projectile based weapons or getting into the trapping. And in my experience with this game so far, about like ten ish hours in, I haven't really had to do that because I'm kind of just slamming through with my hammer.
Speaker 3: It sounds not hard to just go fight these things and kill them. But like, I don't know if everyone's like this, but when I am presented with systems in a game, I don't want all. Even if someone says like, oh, don't worry about it, it's like, well, hang on, they put it, and I'd like to understand this, you know, and you know they try to make even like the weapon selection thing is such a big things. There are so many weapons that are so convoluted where it's like in all these different forms and stuff, and there's ones that are good for beginners. And so I talked to Almah and she's like, okay, so do you want to get in closer?
Speaker 1: Do you want to do this?
Speaker 3: Do you want to have defense or do you want mobility? And I answered all this stuff, and I picked the insect gleave based on everything I chose, and then I was like confused by it. And I saw a bunch of people in chatt being like, oh, you picked the most confusing weapon. It's like, well, wait, there's this fucking built in thing that's supposed to teach me. Here, here's the one that's good for you. And then it recommended me a relative newcomer, the most complicated one.
Speaker 1: It's just like there's a lot of.
Speaker 3: Stuff that I'm just not loving the way it's presenting itself, and it's not making it any less confusing for me.
Speaker 6: You know. So what is your guys experience with the series previously?
Speaker 2: Dan, I know you like reviewed one when you felt you were qualified, and then you played World and liked it.
Speaker 6: Is that.
Speaker 3: I believe it, like fifty plus hours of World. I did enjoy it. That's definitely one I enjoyed the most. I reviewed Monster Hunter three Tree for the Wei and had no idea what fuck I was doing, and then I try it try yeah, yeah, So I say pretty much just Worlds because I heard that was the one that was supposed to be welcoming to newcomers, and I can see the quality there. It's obviously really good games, but god damn it, there's a lot of stuff going on there.
Speaker 6: How about you, guys?
Speaker 3: I chicked out Mike, you go first, please, I intermittionently. But then Rise is the one I played.
Speaker 1: A lot of. Yeah, dipped my toes into some of the Wii ones but never really got into it. But then Worlds is where I got the taste, and then I did check out a lot of rise.
Speaker 2: So my understanding in Monster Hunter is these monsters have specific like weaknesses that you need to prepare for, and you need to like build up your your basically your inventory before you head out. Make sure you have plenty of healing items, and a big part of the hunt is preparing for the hunt. And in this game, what I hear from people is, well, all that stuff is just on your ostrich So whenever you're in a rough situation, just roll back ten feet, go talk to your bird. Your bird will hook you up again and then get right back in the fight. So you can kind of brute force your way through here. And that's where a lot of the streamlining has happened for the Monster Hunter.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a loop.
Speaker 4: I feel that there's like something arise because you also had the mount, and you know, I think it used to be sort of a bigger deal and you had to sharpen your weapon because like, oh that takes a while when you get into that. Well, now you you know, you push a button, you're on your mount, you're you know, fifty yards away already, you sharpen your weapon and you just jump off and get back to it. Yeah, like it's definitely, and part of me want to says, yeah, I'm still deep in the campaign. That was one of my worries about the get the game going into It was like this, this is gonna be a lot of just playing this campaign for a while, and they're gonna be really worried about the cinematics, and is this going to kind of like, you know, really leave me from one thing to the other. And the campaign's won me over in some ways, like a bunch of characters I thought I would never care about.
Speaker 3: I do care about a little bit.
Speaker 4: But it is also, you know, so like there seems like all these systems and all this stuff in this giant world, yet I am mostly just like auto moving from one monster or one cuts into another and you get to the monster and like the monster still look incredible and fighting them is fun.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's you know, I have big sword.
Speaker 4: I swing big sword even you know you could carry two weapons now, right, so I could change my bone air.
Speaker 1: I'm not even doing.
Speaker 4: That ever, because because what do I need to I just uh swing big sword now. I bet a lot of people are like, well, the real game starts after you beat the campaign forty hours later or something like that. I like that's nice. I wish the real game started like when the game started.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I haven't gotten the chance to do much co op at all yet, but I'd still be interested to see how that shakes out with y'all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And I don't want to give the impression I think it's something like this point and I having you know, again, the fighting monsters is still a lot of fun, and that is mostly what you are doing here.
Speaker 1: Part of me is like, man, it's this open world.
Speaker 4: Approach to it a slam dunk because you do sort of see like some of the compromises that that come from that, you know again, like the performance stuff.
Speaker 3: That's still a bit of an issue here.
Speaker 4: Maybe not as bad as it was in those betas or those stress tests or whatever that they were, But is it as pretty as maybe even world was in some ways?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: Maybe not even I kind of miss a little bit of that feeling of like, Okay, I'm preparing for the hunts and like I'm going to pick my specific meal and eat it at the you know, Palico place and stuff like that. There's still you know, like that cooking system is there. Then I get a little confused by it because you just like make a camp and you eat and it the effect seems to last for a certain amount of time. It's not just something you do before each hunt. So I'm like, yeah, I got a couple questions there that it can't necessarily easily find.
Speaker 1: Answers for you.
Speaker 4: It is just like this weird combination of like certain things being streamlined and other things so being confusing. And I know what Dan means where it's like I feel like I'm not missing anything, not engaging by some of those systems.
Speaker 3: But that also feels weird to me. It feels unnecessarily bloated with stuff that it makes it confusing as to what systems you do have to engage with.
Speaker 2: Sure, you know, yeah, I mean I kind of the way I play these games is again, I see those systems and I'm like, I'm just gonna kind of keep pressing forward and I'm going to get to a point where it's like something clicks and but oh okay, that's what matters to me in so far, I haven't played a ton, maybe an hour, but it's like then the situation where I'm that hasn't really happened. I just keep focusing on those wounds. I keep blasting those wounds off and go back to camp I see what I can craft, and then I go back out again.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, I'm you know, I'm coming at this game from a very different perspective than veteran Monster Hunter players, and I'm enjoying all of my time.
Speaker 6: I think it's a good Like everyone who even has criticisms, this is a good game. Oh, it's just like the criticisms are like, I think, just sticking in people's crawl who have a history with this series a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's always that. I think I've accepted, I respect, and it might not just be for me.
Speaker 6: Sure.
Speaker 1: I think the part that always kind of put me off from the other Monster Hunter games that I checked out is that the Hunts felt way too long and bloated in a way where like, all right, they have guys pretty much dead, he doesn't need to run away from me here and go to a different zone. And I don't know, I kind of always felt like the sharpening gimmick felt a little clunky. So I do like just being able to jump onto my ostrich lizard friend and like, all right, I need a quick break I need a phone break. I'm just gonna go check my phone while we go chase the monster.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 2: I think the hunch I have here, and I think this is like backed up by the way this has worked for Monster Owner in the past. Is a lot of the streamlining that they have that that you just describe jan will factor into like a new kind of difficulty that gets introduced in post launch content and DLC stuff, and it will be kind of feel like the real definitive version will be whatever version of this game exists, you know, after that DLC comes out.
Speaker 6: So uh well, we'll see in the meantime.
Speaker 2: I bet you know that Monster Hunter read it is probably gonna be a lot of fun while they try to all decide how they feel about it and probably mostly have a knee jerk bad reaction.
Speaker 6: I think to Sumachy, you know.
Speaker 4: Sleep in there with you know, I'm not trying to like say, oh, like you know those opinions are in valid, but you the Monster Hunter community has been their first. There's a whole bunch of them there, like no Monster Hunter four blah blah blah on the Switches is the real one. And I was like, there's another Master Hunter on switches besides rise Like I didn't even know that existed, right, Oh what yeah, yeah, yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: So oh I learned about the monster hunter community when I reviewed three p Yeah, oh I bet they loved that.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, no, again, I definitely think it's a good I think I'm going to really have fun when I'm past the campaign and it is like more doing some of these harder hunts and really trying to like hunt and get craft materials for specific upgrades, and I'm playing with a group of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: More just running around the open I think that's the thing too, is like the open world does almost feel a little bit wasted in the early hours with this big narrative focus of it, where you're just kind of like, yeah, you you leave your camp, and again, the camp doesn't look as cool as some of the previous camps because it's like so much more of a pop up, like we're on a expedition, so here's just a few tents as opposed to you know, here's a kitchen on a giant t rex's backbone like in World.
Speaker 3: Or something like some huge airship.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, it's like okay, so well they do that because yeah, so now you're just part You're part of the world here, but it's like you leave and you just auto run to an objective. I'm like, well, if the game I just faded to back black and then unfaded from black and I was kind of close to the monster, what would have been lost here?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, sure. That being said, I did the thing that I h the couple of months Hunter games I've played. I'm going to try it a new weapon, and then I just to fall back to the hammer, and I'm having a fantastic time fine with a hammer. I do want to check out the Hunting Horn, though. If I'm going to be playing with y'all, you know, buff y'all, just just play some jams while y'all are slamming away at the monster and whatnot.
Speaker 3: Jams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Do keep a part of it is like seeing the Hunting Horn. But also I've been listening a lot of that trailer three for Tears of the Kingdom.
Speaker 6: I do keep going to Amazon. I'm like, I should just buy an Alto saxophone agame.
Speaker 2: Because I know how to play it, and I could learn how to play that that song, and that would make me very happy.
Speaker 6: I'll be that.
Speaker 3: I'll be like those people and back and going future. You could do the Blues Brothers thing.
Speaker 6: I suppose I could do the Blues Do you mean respect?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Or one of the other three looping songs I.
Speaker 1: Recognize as much as respect.
Speaker 6: Yeah, huh, I think it's in there.
Speaker 3: Most surprised.
Speaker 4: I don't mean to sound so down on I am enjoying it.
Speaker 3: That was the real funny Duddy on Monster onund her here.
Speaker 4: I have a join it, and I definitely like, I largely agree with all the positive.
Speaker 1: Reviews in a lot of ways.
Speaker 4: It's just I think there's definitely some refinement to be done to this open world take on it.
Speaker 1: So I think if you were sorry, Greb, I think if you have ever been monster hunting curious, this is the perfect jumping on point because of how streamlined and simplified some of the systems are. Like you can engage with it as much as you want to, or you can kind of ignore it.
Speaker 2: I do wish that when I was like kind of a first looking at the menus, it was just a little bit easier to understand what the fuck I'm looking at and doing online multiplayer. While we did figure it out. I think that could be even more streamlined. If we're talking about the streamlined Monster Hunter, I think they could have done an even better job with that than they did.
Speaker 1: Uh. Last thing here is not a game, but it's because iron Berg indeed and forgot about everything we have to talk about. If it's not on the run of show, you know, to play this real quick.
Speaker 6: And you'll hear that.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's perfect. They can hear it at home perfect. We have an announcement some stuff going on, kind of yeah.
Speaker 3: Re announcement thing, basically just kind of clearing up like there have been some illusions in the last week or so to like doing things a little differently here, and we've.
Speaker 2: Been running tests on the website which have been just test and I think that's caused people to ask questions that we kind of have half answers to and more fully formed answers that we will get to in due time.
Speaker 3: Has already left yes for Brad Brad Shoemaker, Is he works at next Lander now?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: So yes.
Speaker 3: Whenever there's illusions to changes, everyone freaks out and has their theories about stuff. So let's clear up what we can right now about Giant Biden.
Speaker 6: You're even like saying changes and like that is not even the right.
Speaker 3: Word, like it and because yeah, because here's the thing we are working towards, like a new streaming schedule. We've also alluded to like a billion meetings in recent months and that's been about this. So there's going to be a new schedule, but all of the shows that we do now are not changing. So like, yes, BombCast, the Dump Truck, Blake Club, upf all those things that have been around forever, We're still doing those shows. You know, there might be some slight like branding things and stuff that like switch around with some stuff, but you know, nothing like as far as like the format of the shows and the content and the crew and stuff, for the most part is all going to be the same. So don't worry. It's just going to be an additive thing where it's the general idea is a block of time each weekday where our channels are live. When I say are I say, you know, Game Spot, Giant Bomb, they will be live, YouTube, Twitch from X to X. Again, these are the things that like, you know, there are certain things that are TBD, but in general, you can set your watch too. Once we have it set if you tune into one of our channels between this hour and this hour, something will be live, whether it's the BombCast or Dump Truck or new shows, and it'll be a mix of things with giant bomb personalities, gamespop personalities sometimes a mixture of the two. But nothing's like nothing is getting canceled or change or anything like that. If anything, there's going to be more content. Grevi and I were talking a lot yesterday about some stuff. We're really excited about things with this format that will allow us to kind of be a little more experimental, which is like weird stuff we want to try out and have dedicated time where we can just kind of have this play place where it's like, okay, here's you know, we're Grubb's got his time and he can do stuff that he's interested in, and I can with my time, I can do a highro hustle or just play a few games that I want to catch up on. So more, yeah, more shows, and just basically set your watch to a stream schedule type thing. We will have more details to that in the coming weeks, but that is the thing that we've been working towards.
Speaker 1: So that's it.
Speaker 2: One programming note that we'll be starting as part of these shifts and stuff is Game Mess Mornings, which I'll just tell you how we're going to change the name of that here pretty soon.
Speaker 6: Don't freak out about that.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I want to do this because I would like to get the Game Mess name out of Giant Bomb.
Speaker 6: That's going to be good for me.
Speaker 2: We'll be changing the name of that, and the timing of that will shift from eleven am Eastern to noon Eastern, so that's nine am Pacific. So I'm sorry if you were drive time Pacific, if you were listening to that driving into work, I'm sorry. But this is just gonna be a little bit better because we want to go right into a bunch of other.
Speaker 6: Stuff, and people are West coast.
Speaker 2: And that's going to be a little bit easier for them to do that when we start just one hour later.
Speaker 3: When I allude to like branding changes and stuff I am talking about, like changing the name of Game Mess.
Speaker 6: Mornings, that's that's going to be the most Yes, I also.
Speaker 1: In favor of that anyway, Yes, exactly. Also, we can't call it Game Mess Mornings if you're pushing it back an hour, because then for the East coast folks. That'll be the afternoon, So that's true. That illegal, Yeah, that'll shoot me. Yes, we're not calling it gaming lunch, can we say that.
Speaker 3: I like the name, I like the new.
Speaker 2: Oh, I just incorporate that into the intro, which, by the way, we got some music.
Speaker 6: I need to run by you Jan so.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, I've heard it. I've heard it. I didn't give my notes, but it's fantastic. The person doing that that made that. Wow, Well they should make more music.
Speaker 6: They should do a trophy or something there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, they don't deserve a trophy that much. But yes, Also, you'll see familiar faces other than our faces.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, like nick, Nicky, Sean, Mike all Like I'm talking about getting them involved even more, like we kind of already tap out Mike's time, but you know, Nicky and Sean for sure, we're gonna get them on more stuff and get them more involved.
Speaker 1: So yeah, perhaps other faces that you have seen across the internet as well, other than the giant bomb game spot.
Speaker 3: Did I use that word right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, sure that works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yes, we unfortunately cannot get rid of Nicky and seany they're hop ons and they won't leave now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're fully integrated.
Speaker 2: Now if we pull them out, the whole Jinga tower falls apart, now.
Speaker 1: Sure, yes, yes, Also I mean we have to do oh o Chowaniki? Oh yes? Oh yeah soon?
Speaker 3: What does that to play on?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 6: Do you guys know the Muscleman the oiled up Muscleman Shooter game.
Speaker 3: No, but if that's the name of it, then that makes sense for o Cho and Nikki.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, we searched that.
Speaker 2: So Janet Shoe and Nikki Grayson are going to play a cho Aniki or cho Aniki and we're gonna call it a show Aniki. And I want that to happen as soon as possible.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, another.
Speaker 3: Like TuS this stuff, what the new schedule part of it is boring?
Speaker 6: Update.
Speaker 3: It makes it easier for us to schedule our stuff, which means it might be easier for like, you know, if I've got my slot every week and I got a couple hours, well I could decide to do demo derbys more often because it'll be more Set your watch to the seduct.
Speaker 6: Dan's little realm. He can control and do what he wants.
Speaker 3: With exactly, and we can all kind of do that, and I'm excited to see.
Speaker 6: What comes to it. Really, just it sound might sound like different.
Speaker 2: What we're really just talking about is we're gonna have these slots and then there's gonna be a bunch of support in the background. That's what all the moving parts comes from. That will just happen automatically because of this new schedule. That's why it's been so hard to set up and why we've been testing things. But once it's all in place, it's going to be a lot more functional for us.
Speaker 1: The Game Spot Homies have also been cooking up some beautiful art, let's say, and I cannot wait for everyone to get their eyes on it coming from the beautiful minds of the Game Spot Homies, because it is fun stuff that can't wait for y'all to get incorporated as well as the weeks and months go by. Also, we'll also be able to get a fun look at the SF studio because it is golgeous and John Luke and company have done a fantastic job at setting it up. Folks. I need another quick cup of coffee, so we're going to take.
Speaker 6: A bricky break and we'll be back with.
Speaker 7: The news right after this this is a news bad Jeff Grubb.
Speaker 1: Before we get to the news grub, what's that I asked? Kill something?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, please?
Speaker 1: Should we do a BCR where we uh kind of do a we we throw a bunch of j RPGs into a hat, pick them out randomly, and then we deem whether or not Tony Hawk as a whole is better than them.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that sounds a great idea.
Speaker 1: Huh just yes, better? Okay, okay, all right, I think people will love this. Yeah, this will this will get some eyeballs.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna start.
Speaker 1: I'm going to start the wrath thread on this.
Speaker 4: One, all right, Jeff Grubb the news Yeah, hey, let's start with the Hey, this is better than a j RPG.
Speaker 6: Tony Hawk's pro Skater three plus four has been rated in Singapore. Tony Ouk's pro Skater three plus four rated in Singapore from multiple platforms, and it's listed as a twenty twenty five release. That's this year a full reveal. You know, we know we're.
Speaker 2: Expecting something because they f tise something on the Tony Hawk website and inside Call of Duty for March fourth, which is three four twenty five. Also, I heard last year apparently about this, and it was three and four the whole time, so not Thug one two, not some new game.
Speaker 6: It's always been three and four.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think I am very much expecting this to happen. And when it does, what is your guys expectation for? Does this thing shadow drop? Do we get it a few weeks later, a few months later?
Speaker 6: What are you guys thinking?
Speaker 3: I saw someone in chat say that March fourth is the next game Pass drop, which you know the fact that Microsoft has also been like responding to the tweets and stuff. I don't want to get excited about that because I don't.
Speaker 6: Know Microsoft owns Tony out now, so yeah, we'll just be in game pass.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shadow drop SEMs crazy, though, I mean I was optimistically thinking maybe a couple months or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the the rumors leading into the last batch before we actually got this tease, we're saying summer, like it's going to happen in the summer, so hopefully that means early.
Speaker 6: Summer, and that means like May or may or something like that. I don't want to wait too long. I want to play this game right now.
Speaker 3: Yes, I might play one and two tonight yeah, I might do that.
Speaker 2: Also, after Mike started up, I immediately like while he was streaming, got it going on the Steam deck. Yeah, so I'm gonna play some of that. I would do some of the multiplayer things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One plus two fantastic game. We still don't know who is making three plus four. There's a lot of questions you have to be answered.
Speaker 3: Galaxies just logo on the web side right now?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 6: Oh? I didn't see that. I guess that wouldn't be too surprising.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thron Galaxy. It seems like it's hits them. Yeah, the countdown clock very cool.
Speaker 6: All right, well then there you go.
Speaker 2: I wonder if they've fully just taken that over, which is the kind of job that they've done in the past where someone made something they're like, all right, we have all these tools and assets, can you make more stuff with that? Well that's what exactly what they do with Killer Instinct, and that's you know with Microsoft as well, So they have a history of doing that working with this company, so mixed, you.
Speaker 3: Believe Lucy thought it would be twice for Bob Wow, No, right.
Speaker 6: The joke there everybody, As he told me, it was toye for Bob first before Lucy, so he's throwing himself under the butt.
Speaker 1: He didn't care when I said it.
Speaker 3: No, you didn't react, so it didn't happen. I'm at the website now and yeah, just as Activision and Iron Galaxy, and based on this countdown timer, I believe we will see the reveal right before the BombCast or maybe right when the BombCast goes live.
Speaker 1: Fantastic does shot job. It's gonna suck. We you cancel the show.
Speaker 6: So yeah, yeah, BombCast is dead.
Speaker 1: I heard yeah. Rough.
Speaker 6: Xbox has officially delayed Fable to twenty twenty six, says it'll definitely be worth the wait.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: This just happened earlier today, announced by Xbox Game Studios head Craig Duncan, which is two first names. The delays to give Playground games more development time, aiming for the best possible game. This is a game that I think already had like a delay. Maybe that was internally. It's you know, this game's been in the works for a long time, but they've also been giving these games a little bit extrame. I think they did that with a Vowed right, A VOUD was supposed to come out late last year and then got pushed to this year, and that seemed to help Avowed quite a bit. It seems like they're kind of thinking the same thing here now. Of course, the difference between last year and this year when you're delaying games as Microsoft is Microsoft has a lot of games coming out this year, so I don't think anyone's going to really be like up in their feelings too much, unless that this is the one that they really.
Speaker 6: Really care about, which I'm sure there's a lot of Fable fans out.
Speaker 2: There maybe feeling that way. But if you were someone like, hey, what does Microsoft have that they can afford a delay a game? Well, this year it's a ton of stuff, so this one is not going to hurt too bad, I don't think. And I don't know how you guys feel about the stuff we seen from Fable so far. I'm like, I'm curious interested, but I'm like, this is one of those where I really just want to get my hands on the control or myself to see what it actually feels like.
Speaker 3: I haven't really like We've seem a little bit, but not nearly enough to get a.
Speaker 2: Good reading to be you know, fill on the couch made a point of like, hey, that whole thing that we showed you at the Xbox Show, what is like two years ago? Now that was all gameplay or maybe said in in game by the game game right, And I think it's a gameplay like he was trying to say that's how it played, and I'm like, okay, I think I still just don't understand what I'm doing as the player.
Speaker 3: I think exactly away from a giant or something.
Speaker 4: The first Chicken Nikki's impeccauple fancy critic armor though by because they had this and their thing and now not coming out sucks. I don't think we can counterpick it now that it's officially not coming out, So we missed the opportunity there.
Speaker 1: Tab wait, I put a bit in today.
Speaker 6: Okay, we I'm gonna do it right now because the.
Speaker 4: Well, Jeff, you know you already got Wolverine when I tried to get it, So yeah, baby, for Wolverine, you have to Yeah.
Speaker 1: I tried to counterpick Wolverine.
Speaker 2: I was waiting to see who it was that did that bid because I'm like, oh, yeah, cool, I'll just bid more than that person probably did. I assumed it would be you or Sean, and I assumed I would get yelled at, and hey, it all came true.
Speaker 3: So here we are, by the way you said it out, just quick update I should have done on the game thing. I beat it, Mike, uh and it was like a little over fifty two hours, and I loved it the whole way through. So everything I said about how much I loved it at the beginning stayed true. Loved it the whole way through. My decisions mattered.
Speaker 1: It was cool.
Speaker 3: I yeah, love that game.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 2: I think it's just a fun video game to play. And then they just nail all the stuff that they're going for, and you could tell that they just cut out anything that wasn't working, and so they were left with a very.
Speaker 6: Fun video game.
Speaker 1: I should have asked this much sooner. How does it run on steam Deck?
Speaker 3: I have streamed it to the steam Deck because I think I did install it and try it, and it's like you can run it, but you got to really crank it down and you know, frame rates rough.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I've been playing it on steam Deck here quite a bit, and I would say that as someone wants to to kind of like continue playing it and get through it and make sure I don't lose my momentum. It's great to have that option, but it is not I think good enough to say if you're going to play this game exclusively on.
Speaker 6: Steam Deck, that I think you should go out and spend the money to do so. Now, if you have a Roger ally a little bit more powerful and just.
Speaker 2: Has game Pass so you can go get that through Windows, that might be a slightly different situation. Just get it through game Pass, then you don't have to spend extra.
Speaker 6: Money on it. But yeah, it's not quite good enough to justify playing entirely on Steam Deck.
Speaker 4: I think I didn't realize this best part of this announcement for Fable. They did release like a new minute long video of just gameplay. I'm kind of strumming through this thing right now. It's interesting, Like it looks like a very like high fidelity kind of action RPG thing like you would sort of expect. Here, there's some good looking sausages. We've got sausages up in this shit. Whoa, yeah, it almost kind of looks like the Witcher three a little bit faster pace than that.
Speaker 3: There's a little bit in me.
Speaker 4: It's where you're like, oh man, this is like pretty just kind of straightforward realistic style, right, Whereas you know, the original Fable games had a little something going on, the little styleized. I get it, you know, well people are back away from that kind of thing. We saw how that went for Dragged Age when it was ever so slightly stylized.
Speaker 3: People lost their mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, so yeah, just just looking scrubbing through this trailer looks like it could be interesting. I mean, it's weird because the gameplay a Fable is ever necessarily the biggest a supporting aspect of it. I don't know what is to be honestly asked what the most supported aspect of Fable was, But I do hope they find ways to spruce that up and make it interesting. I still have some hopes for this A little bit of a bummer. It won't be this year, Like do they have a big fall game now?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 1: Do you think they just? Uh?
Speaker 3: I mean, is it Outer isn't Outer World's too supposed to happen?
Speaker 6: The Outer Worlds two is supposed to come out this year. Yeah, that would be the later half of the year for sure. Because of Duty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Call of Duty is just their big fall game.
Speaker 6: Every year. Yeah, as far as they're concerned, You're right, Call Duty is it?
Speaker 2: And really that's a lot of these big companies just don't play stuff for the second half of this year, specifically because they think Grand Theft Auto is going.
Speaker 4: To chat is saying Gears of War E day. I think that's maybe optimistic, I hope so though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I originally heard about that game, they were thinking twenty twenty five, and then they didn't put twenty twenty five in that trailer, and I heard that they weren't going to do that because they were like probably going to move ITT to twenty twenty six, so that one seems on the bubble. I would assume twenty twenty six though, because you know, why rush something when you have plenty of games already, right, including a new Call of Duty.
Speaker 6: All right? Next story here.
Speaker 2: DCU bosses have discussed new games with rock Steady and nether Realm, so DC studios heads James Gunn and Peter Saffron have started working with the studios, the game making studios, to say, hey, how can we get everything to work together. This is something James Gunn, when he first took the job, said he was interested in I think that they, after these conversations, are realizing this is going to be a process. They said that any games based on their collaboration are still a couple of years away, probably more than that at this point. Yeah, and so it's gonna be interesting to kind of time these things up because Superman, you know, the movie that's coming out this.
Speaker 6: Year, right, that's a summer release. That's gonna be a big thing.
Speaker 2: They're probably gonna have, like this new DCU universe is going to establish itself and just be what it is by the time the first game comes out, and the games will have to try to either glom onto that or sort of be catching a bus that has already left because no one cares about it anymore because it's already come and gone.
Speaker 6: You never know, but that's just the way it's gonna because making movies making games is very different these days.
Speaker 2: We talked about that before, but they are, Hey, we're gonna work with rock Steady and now the Realm, which would be Injustice.
Speaker 6: That's the name of those games, right.
Speaker 2: I think they're probably considering something like that again, which makes makes some sense. It's been a while since the last Injustice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean isn't because when James Gunn first came in, one of the things that he wanted everything to be in the same kind of DCU University justices very much it's own separate thing.
Speaker 3: So I wonder if just actually is room for an Injustice, but I think it would.
Speaker 2: Be in Justice style that takes place in this universe, or it's like Smike some nods to this universe because I my guess here, and you know that they're not being as hardline on that as they were when he first joined Mike, where he was like, we want everything to be part of the same universe.
Speaker 6: They are saying, you know, games that are based.
Speaker 2: On our stuff is are a couple of years away, and it's like, I think that's a little bit of a lighter take of Yeah, the stuff that's like, hey, we're gonna do some work and maybe the people can in the game space can take that stuff and run with it if they want.
Speaker 4: Because when he first came in, we said like it sounds like, can't don't really know how this wors It's like, yeah, we'll just have like everything tie in.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, that makes pretty hard on that stuff. He probably has already learned.
Speaker 1: That list.
Speaker 6: Break tryer toast yep.
Speaker 3: Uh, Warner Brothers Games is shutting down, Monolith Productions, Player First Games, and WB san Diego. Sources tell Bloomberg News they're also canceling the Wonder Woman game.
Speaker 2: Okay, yep, So Wonder Woman was something that got rebooted. It's been in development for a long time. Of course, Monolith worked on the Lord of the Rings, the Shadow of Mordor games, Shadow of War, and they were going to take the Nemesis system and apply that to Wonder Woman, and uh, the director at left or you know, got you know, taken off the case last year sometime they rebooted, restarted development and he definitely got the sense that Warner Brothers did not have a huge appetite for that. So that game is done, Monolith Productions is shutting down, will not be moving on to anything else. Remind me, what is Player First, n w B san Diego.
Speaker 6: What have they worked on?
Speaker 3: By god?
Speaker 4: That's that's so those were better work. Games were good man, right, That freaking Nemesis system was so freaking interesting.
Speaker 6: Player versus multiverses, right, okay.
Speaker 4: And they just bought them right because they were high on multiverses and now they're just freaking shut down.
Speaker 6: And then Warner Brothers, they.
Speaker 3: Were come Act for Blood, was like maybe a newer studio that hasn't they release something yet. They have a jobs page here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I see the jobs page. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Projects, So okay, so this is the studio is what's calling it on this website.
Speaker 3: Stills, I don't know if they even release the game.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is you know, especially frustrating because uh, you know, these are Monoliths, has been in the industry for a long time, has done some amazing stuff. But this like goes back to those multiple stories we heard of Warner Brothers trying to sell off the gaming division, and really what that meant was, we will sell you these studios, but we're not going to sell you any of the ip of the stuff that they are known to be working on or have worked on in the past. So we'll sell you a rock Steady, but we're not going to sell you Batman, and rock Steady is only worth so much without Batman. And really it's kind of a liability because you have a lot of people working there and then you have to pay for the license on top of that, or have them work on something new, so that becomes a problem. And so when Microsoft and a bunch of these other companies would go talk to Warner Brothers about this, it was always those conversations never really went anywhere, and you got the sense that after so many false starts of trying to sell these studios, Warner Brothers is going to do what they've been doing and and just shut things down and get the hell out of Dodge because they don't know how to run a company.
Speaker 4: And it's so frustrating because I mean some I bet you know, the absolute failure of Suicide Squad is a big part of this. And you know whose fucking fault was all of that, right, Ye, just such an obviously bad idea that wasted almost a decade of maybe your most talented studio. And I guess you know, yeah, Rock Study is not an interest spart. I mean that story we were just talking about, now you think that was I'm getting ahead of this a little bit.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, maybe yes, because I mean we had conversations with Rock Study and nether Realm and it's like, well, what about Monolith.
Speaker 6: They're working on a DC game, aren't they Well no, of course they weren't. Uh not anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is uh yeah, yeah, So really, I honestly think this James Gun story was always just kind of fluff, and like there's only so much the director of Superman, even if he has the head of the DC universe under Warner Brothers, can do about the people who make video games. That's always gonna be just saying some stuff and that's all it can possibly be. This feels especially that that way right now, like rock Steady's gonna make the Batman game that they need to make, and whether it has something to do with the work that James Gun's doing on his movies or not, it's got a lot of bigger fish to fry before it can worry about maintaining consistency between the games and the movies, something that just we know now doesn't sell that many extra copies of video games these days. So yeah, we'll kind of see what that means for those studios. But the rock Steady and the other arolm definitely feel like, you know, another I'm not necessarily on borrow time. Sure, Mortal Kombat one didn't perform as well as previous Mortal Kombat games, but they're not gonna They're gonna keep making Mortal Kombat games, so those games will cantinue to make a lot of money. Rock Steady, you get the sense that, Okay, you get another chance, because well, yeah, we did mess up. I having you work on Suicide Squad and try to get you to make some live service stuff. Let's go back to your bread and butter. But if that doesn't work, you get the sense that, yeah, it's all going to go wrong for them as well. All right, Assassin's Creed Shadows has a super duper leaked There's people selling copies of this game everywhere Facebook, marketplace. There's someone on or carry I don't know how to say that website, but it's like Morcari. It's a eBay kind of website that has a box of copies and they're selling each copy for one hundred dollars each.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was looking at the site. I was trying to figure out if it was legit because it was the only place I could find this Scott Steiner and the Tasmanian Devil shirt I was looking forward to buy. Can I buy it off there?
Speaker 1: I've bought several cameras.
Speaker 3: Okay, so their Scott Seiner Tasmanian Devil shirts should be good.
Speaker 6: Yes, I think it should be the best way to get those shirts out.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, something like that.
Speaker 2: Either way, it's like you kind of know why this happened. This game was originally supposed to come out in February. Uh, and so it seems like they just went with the original plan of printing the discs as they were and send sending them out as they were because it's like probably cheaper just to keep those plans rather than shift everything and just like tell retailer sit on those until March and we'll have a we'll have a Day one patch and all that stuff. And that's what they're saying now is oh, this is a bummer where you'd be stuffing we wish you would not do this because there's a Day one patch. It's gonna make the game even better. But people are out there by buying and playing this game right now. So I suppose spoilers and all that stuff, but uh, it's more just kind of an interesting thing of oh, wow, people are selling.
Speaker 6: This thing everywhere, all right. PS five pro sales have fallen behind PS four PRO in the US.
Speaker 2: This is probably a multi multiple multitude of factors, right, the PS five Pro way more expensive than the PS four Pro was even relative to the cost of the PS four And then I don't think people felt much as much of a need to upgrade as they did when the PS four Pro arrived, because that's right when everyone was buying a four K TV and that was the four K console, so they had a very easy matching of desires and solutions. This PS five Pro just does not have that same sort of oomph to it. And at the same time, I think people are generally pretty happy with their PS fives, or if they're not happy with it, it's not because it's not performing, it's because there's not enough games to take full advantage of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some of them are drastic, like you know, the Last of Us in Horizon look incredible, but like, you know, they sure that patch for Astrobot and very well familiar with how that game runs. And I really couldn't tell the difference. I'm usually pretty good about like frame rate type stuff and resolution and I astrobod.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and me he said, like, oh, maybe people are already happy they're places to five, but you know, if they're unhappy at they're places in five, I don't think it's necessarily matter of like, well, I just need to spend more money and I'll make my place by better.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: It's kind of just being feeling a little bit burned out on the PS five or just you know, the home consoles in general, just a little bit, right, just kind of has not been the greatest generation for these machines.
Speaker 2: Right, And that's the exact opposite of what it was for the PS four, right, people, If people weren't happy with the PS four, it was boy, I wish I had even more power and that actually would help. And no one was really saying that about the PS five leading into the PS five pro. So you know, I don't think Sony regrets doing that. I bet that thing is still doing just fine. I you know, this comes from Sircana and Matt Piscatel over there. They usually share this info by dollar sales. So even though this thing's more expensive, maybe it's selling fewer units and making less money. So maybe Sony's like, Okay, we got to rethink things a little bit. But what that probably just means is this helps them understand how the stage is set for when they have to like market PS six, and maybe they get a little bit crazier with the PS six so that they can make it feel like it's new and some different ways than rather than just more powerful, because that doesn't seem as compelling of a case anymore. And boy, every time we have we talked about this conversation, I always think about I think it was you know Ewata in an interview twenty five years ago to at least twenty years ago saying, Hey, we cannot sell consoles based on power anymore.
Speaker 6: That is not actually going to help us out. So we got to figure out other ways to do that.
Speaker 2: And God, they had the answer way back then, and these other companies now are kind of running into the same wall.
Speaker 6: It just took them a lot longer to realize it. All right, more than a dozen net E studios are reportedly at risk, including Negoti Studio, Quantic Dream, and Grasshopper. There's some updates here, but this is out in the wake of that, a couple of studios getting that team in America that was working on Marvel Rivals getting shut down and the level designer director getting let go.
Speaker 2: And then there was some reporting from Steven Toatilo Is saying a lot of studios around the world involved with net Ease are worried because the company's pulling back from gaming investments kind of.
Speaker 6: Across the board.
Speaker 2: I definitely got some tips from people are like, hey, there's some studios like in Texas that net eas is involved with that are also expecting something similar, so that that word is going around now. In the wake of that reporting, there has been some like updates like, I think Negosti's game is safe in that you know, the Negotia is someone that worked on was the guy that was in charge of Yakuza at Sega, he left to go start a studio at net ease. His game is safe and that they are going to continue making it and funding it. But they've already said that they're not going to invest in the marketing of that game, So that's it's a little strange there now. In addition to that, Quantic Dream of said no, actually, we are safe. We're unaffected by this by layoffs and studio closures, and then the former control lead designer who also started a studio at net ease has also said that he's not affected by any closures. So I think there's probably still like other shoes left to drop here. But some of these studios at least we'll get to finish their games, and maybe some of those some like a smaller subset of those studios will be completely unaffected and we'll still get a marketing budget and all that stuff. But kind of seems like net Ease, you know, the big other Chinese conglomerate other than ten Cent that makes it a lot of huge investments, kind of has lost their taste for investing in games all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: Is it because Marvel Rivals was such a runaway success that they made enough money and they're like, all right, we're done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't It doesn't seem to be the case. It seems like decisions that were made before Marvel Rivals, because they were like kind of making similar sort of decisions for that Visions of Man a Team even before that game came out they closed that studio. It was just like, this is them just kind of getting out of a lot of these bets.
Speaker 4: And part of this was like, you know, somebody like they wanted to maybe just not release Marvel Rivals because they're, you know, so upset about having to pay that licensing fee. That's one of the reasons why I know, Quantic Dream says that they're okay, but you know they're paying for that Star Wars Stars. That game is probably not anywhere near coming out. Star Wars Games haven't exactly been killing it lately anyway, So I mean that's one that I would worry about.
Speaker 6: Still, Yep, definitely, all right, let's keep going here. This is a little bit of a weird one.
Speaker 2: Haites two developer says it won't recast anyone after striking voice actors say that they may be replaced. Super Giant Games clarified that they have no plans to replace any voice actors for Hades two. The statement comes after one of the voice actors, Maren m Miller, who voiced Athena, Trasiphone and Alecto, expressed concern about being replaced due to the sag Aftra strike. Miler mentioned the possibility of being recast because Super Giants super Giant Games had not signed it an interim agreement with sag Aftra which would allow actors to continue working during the strike. Super Giant Games stated that their games have never been subject to sag after a strikes, and they will respect any actor who needs to pause work during the strike. They also confirm that they have not recast any characters in eightes two and wish to continue working with the existing cast. So I think the weird point of contention here is why hasn't Super Giant spoken with SAG after it and just like sorted this out.
Speaker 6: I don't know what that looks like, I have.
Speaker 2: It's just not something I've ever paid attention to, Like what would go into that, why the studio would not want to do that or would want to avoid that, or is it just something like they're like busy doing other stuff so they just have not paid it any mind. So yeah, I think there maybe there's more to this, but it also just seems like they're kind of just waiting out the strike and waiting to see what happens, and in the meantime, they're not going.
Speaker 6: To replace anybody with non.
Speaker 2: Union actors at the very least. But there's definitely some weirdness here. Hades too definitely. A Haiti's very traded on the success of people liking those characters and having very good voice acting, so you think they would want to get this figured out. But maybe they also have quite a bit of time before one point zero comes out, and they're hoping it gets sorted in the meantime, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this thing was kind of just confusing from me, Jeff.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, even hearing you like summarize that, I'm just I'm still a little bit like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Well, I think I think we have a lot of unknowns to the story that we just can't pin down, so it becomes difficult.
Speaker 6: It's sort of like, oh, is there a bad guy here? I don't know.
Speaker 2: All right, they're making a game based on Samurai Pizza Cats, a game our show I never watched. Anyone watched Samuraizza Pizza Cats. No, Yeah, this is the one that, like, I I'm aware that it existed because I heard the name before, and I think it's so. I think it's pizza I was on the phone.
Speaker 3: Sorry, we're too old for it.
Speaker 6: I feelink we might be a bit a touch too old.
Speaker 3: It's part of the way of post turtles, where it's like you had Street Sharks, you had tattoo teenage alien fighters from Beverly Hills.
Speaker 6: Biker biker but from Mars Yep, yes.
Speaker 1: Part of that, Yes, okay, I think it was more anime. It is more anime, yes, so that maybe that's why it didn't cross your y'all's radar. But this is this was one of the only things that got me to like cats as a child. Is because these cats were Samurai and they also liked pizza, and those are important things.
Speaker 4: It's messed up that they just also went with the pizza thing that I felt like that one was spoken for.
Speaker 6: I think didn't like a lot of them, just like, Nope, we're also doing pizza.
Speaker 3: This was Sonic Kap. He likes chili dog. It's a little different.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed sam Pizza Cats because they looked cool. There was three of them. There was the one with the white armor, the girl one and she wore pink, and then the blue one.
Speaker 2: Would you like a two D action RPG based on this Samurai Pizza Cats anime.
Speaker 1: Grub, you're speaking my fucking language.
Speaker 2: It's it to me that sounds like one of those Game Boy Advance Dragon Ball games. Yeah, and I think that's a good, a cool, fun thing for them to do with Samurai Pizza Cats.
Speaker 6: My kid loves cats. I'm gonna show her the show and see if she's see if she gets into it.
Speaker 3: I don't know much about the show, but this game actually looks surprisingly good.
Speaker 6: Yep, yeah, I think that's one of the reasons. It's it's getting a lot of attention.
Speaker 2: Obviously, bringing back an obscure or a lesser known franchise is always gonna be like, wait, what's happening here? But then it looks pretty well made. Finally, the last thing I hear Pokemon presents is happening is that this week. Yeah, that's Thursday, So uh, what are we expecting from this? We gotta get updates on ZA, right, and then maybe those would it be Gen five remabe.
Speaker 4: Gen five the Black and White games would be the next one to get those remakes, so I think that's most likely. Maybe it's Let's Go Jo too. Finally, I think it's a little early for the main next gen, like the successors to Scarlett and Violet. Still, maybe they do a very early tease for that, especially if you know they're like big Switch two games. I don't know, Yeah, this aw is the big one, because we don't know much about that at all asides from a name, and you know it's involved with that city in some way. So hopefully I see some actual gameplay, maybe get an actual dates, maybe some details on like the Switch tonis of it a little bit. It's definitely a switch one game for sure, but what does it look like as a switch to ports or just a enance version. I don't know, but yeah, I would love to see black and white remakes. I think those are the last amazing mainline Pokemon games, right, they were so good. They're also so good though because they're the last pixel ones and the really good and they remake it now it might just look ugly like all the on games too.
Speaker 2: I mean that's the one where it's like, God, if they don't do HD two D for this, they're not gonna get it.
Speaker 1: Whatever it's gonna do it, Yeah.
Speaker 2: They're never gonna do it, and this one will not look right if they try to. Whatever they do do it, that's not gonna just like embrace those pixels is going to be a poor choice.
Speaker 4: And like the original almost was kind of like proto HG two D because you just said, like very good pixel art had like animated characters in the battles, but you know that you had like the three D elements in the background that just blit it in with it. So yeah, it's like I both want it and am terrified of it.
Speaker 2: You know other people have different opinions, though. Nicki from Chat says Black and White looks like ass.
Speaker 6: You're lying to yourself if you think those games good, they look like ship from a toilet.
Speaker 3: Nikki, this is an all time low moment for you.
Speaker 6: Sean is getting triggered. He says, I have a nuke button next to your.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 6: Oh, Nikki, let them fight, Let them fight. You just got let him go at it and let him let himself out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. This this is how union busting works.
Speaker 6: The labor among themselves.
Speaker 3: Young millennials enter only one.
Speaker 6: Uh that that doesn't roll the headlines. I have jan back over to you.
Speaker 1: I have I've always had mixed feelings on Black and White. I don't wanna. I don't want to get into.
Speaker 4: It, but Bye, I want you to get into what's your problem with the best Pokemon games.
Speaker 1: Because I think they have the weakest starters.
Speaker 4: Is why is this the one with the penguin? No, that's that's Diamond and Pearl. That's Jen four My bad. Uh, let's what were the black and white pug?
Speaker 1: No? That's four U.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, you're right, these guys aren't great. Yeah, it's smug leaf.
Speaker 4: Whatever they actually ended up naming him the uh, the fire Pig, and then the the kind of pathetic order.
Speaker 1: I do like the otter, but I don't like how he evolves.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, all the evolutions for the starters for a long time now, I think have been bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, this has been a problem with the series forever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they always this is like the epitome of like they all evolve and just look like humans for some reason instead of monsters right, Like they're probably fighting type is their secondary one for some reason.
Speaker 6: So the Pig's name really pig Night, because if it's.
Speaker 4: Not, I think everybody wanted it to be Pignian before we got it, Like the fans named them Pignition and smug Leaf, and then we got their official names and.
Speaker 3: They weren't nearly as good. Big Night supposed to be a play on Sugar Night. No, no, no way, It's probably not, but I would like it better if it was the take another Pokemon out of Windows.
Speaker 4: Okay, there might actually be. Yeah, pig Knight might actually be the second evolution of that. So the pig is definitely the best.
Speaker 1: One of them.
Speaker 6: That's name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just do a non starter run.
Speaker 1: Let's we can all be brave and do that. We don't have any starters.
Speaker 4: Just because some real scientists gives us one and tells us something is important doesn't mean it's actually important.
Speaker 6: Fucking shoot, you throw.
Speaker 4: It in the fucking trash. Go and catch a pigey. That's your starter, Pokemon. Now, what are you gonna do about it?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 6: You can't work.
Speaker 1: That's a pigey in this game. Pigees weren't the bird in this one?
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, I don't know what what a pigey, but it's actually more of a crow.
Speaker 1: And it's right.
Speaker 4: We shouldn't have talked about this, That's what I'm saying. Also, the legendaries for Black and White kind of dumb zion whatever it's called. Okay, there's lots of good. What about the guy who just carries a two by four round though? That guy's great? I'm dugging, yes, Jim Duggan, Pokemon is fantastic.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I'm just gonna do a quick Pokemon America Pokemon, All right, what do we got in Gen five? Who's cool? So good?
Speaker 6: Nikki Snicky hate sprites.
Speaker 1: Hat more of a a person?
Speaker 4: Were a story fan at Mark story Mark Storry Mark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big fan of five.
Speaker 4: Whimsyicot's cool, all right, Wimsicot's cool. I guess oh you know what, Okay, Okay, my main man, Captain Sincino, is in Gen.
Speaker 1: Five, so we we'n roll with that.
Speaker 6: Samoa Joe's in there.
Speaker 4: You don't get a pigey, you get a pie dove. A pie dove. It's a pitchy but more of a pigeon or a dove. I guess it's nature. The pigeons mate with doves, and we've never been the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we really messed up. Here's this Pokemon that's just a sarcophagus with ghost arms.
Speaker 1: That's neat, right, maybe we need to stop Pokemon.
Speaker 3: Trumpish Jeff is one of Trumpish.
Speaker 1: Come on Game of the Air, all right, just a.
Speaker 2: Pile of garbage. And they're like, we're done. We've accomplished a character design. And I'm like, I'm a big fan of that.
Speaker 1: See, we're all getting worked up. We're not gonna get a new black and White this year. We're not gonna get a new Gen five. You're gonna announce like another Uh, they're gonna announce like a They already did a teeth brushing thing. They already did a sleeping thing. What is like another bodily function or thing we have to do?
Speaker 3: Nicky, NICKI was like very strong feelings about it looking like ass and shipped from a butt. And then Nicky was like, hang on, I'm gonna go look at it. And now they're in the chat saying okay, hmm, folks, I would like to issue an apology. Got it was just thinking of something else, just mind.
Speaker 1: Thinking of like.
Speaker 3: Looks good, looks great.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna we're gonna need to Yeah, yeah, we're gonna need to look at what was actually happening here, and we'll do that during the break and we'll be back with so e mails right after this.
Speaker 3: Learning method anything.
Speaker 1: And that's the emails bombcasting bomb, that's the email's team.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, you want to you want an excuse to eat uncrustables for every meal? Get oral surgery. I have just been going to town on uncrustables and it's just because they're like so soft and soft and it's a delight.
Speaker 1: It's the best I give.
Speaker 6: My children uncrustables. And I'm like, I don't know if I should because I don't know.
Speaker 3: If I probably not good for you. But that's it's an excuse, like I'm just gonna eat uncrustables and shamrock mcflurries.
Speaker 6: It's also I think it's a hassle to have to fall them out.
Speaker 3: It is, but it's you know, it's delayed gratification. It's like the marshmallow test.
Speaker 2: You know, just like planning to head to eat an uncrustable feels like such a disconnect because it feels like it's something that should be Like I am at a low point. I just need something now so to be like I plan to be had a low point later where I'm gonna eat it uncrustable very weird.
Speaker 1: I just ran upstairs and I threw them on the counter.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, you got the oral surgery.
Speaker 1: Give that's true.
Speaker 4: I don't like a crustballs. I think Tony Hawk is better than uncrustables ship.
Speaker 6: I think I can say that I don't like it was Why do you have to compare everything to yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, It's like I I take issue with uncrustables because I would just rather make a peeb and J sandwich myself, and it's a glass over it to just cut it out.
Speaker 4: It's the easiest thing to make already. I don't know if this is what we also still have to make eat. Jeffs like, no, you understand my kids?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I'm no, I'm shaking it. Dan realizing he could make a sandwich by himself.
Speaker 3: You here go, I've made five thousand peanut butter sandwhich is why I know. But the idea of like lopping off the crust with a fun way like that's I like the pinched the taper double tape.
Speaker 2: My wife got a tool that like just is the shape of an uncrustble bowl, and I can use that to like just make the sandwiches into uncrustables for my.
Speaker 3: Kid that I had not considered.
Speaker 4: That's from po thing, Yes, I mean, can I you think I could use it to make a perogi? Though it's okay to it's continent.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever had a pogi? How big are poissum potsticker? Though?
Speaker 6: That's fine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't think this dumpling press actually works because I like creasing it myself.
Speaker 3: But look at Cosbot's link in the chat saying these guys are local, but I don't know if it's your taste. This gallant tiger those looks like fancy uncrustables, and they're here. They are just that. Do not buy these all right, Just think a good butter sandwich with nice bread. There are six locations I didn't find that I bought that murder bread. The murder Bread's awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, I feel I don't know if it's that much better for me, but it like feels like it's better for me.
Speaker 3: I've heard it's better.
Speaker 2: Stuff usually does a good job. But like researching that stuff. It's the bread she swears by, So I bet.
Speaker 6: It's better for you.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I just feel upset when we talk about food lately.
Speaker 3: We're supporting the murderers when we buy that bread.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we love to support them.
Speaker 1: It's fine. We don't need to get into it.
Speaker 6: It's not like it used to be when we talked about food on podcast.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's still better than when we talked about food on the podcast before, because like that, I think that made me upset more. This makes me less upset because I'm proud of the growth. Sure yes, yes. Emails that we played the music replayed it. First email comes from Joe in Michigan. Joe writes it. If there's there are too many indie games coming out for people to play them, does that mean video games has a bad case of indie gestion Michigan.
Speaker 6: All right, No, that's not what that means at all.
Speaker 2: That's a completely different word that has no relationship to video games. That was a bad email, Joe, How dare you?
Speaker 1: Joe? Oh, I should have left you in the spam folder.
Speaker 3: I thought it was funny, Joe. I'm your friend, all right.
Speaker 1: Next email comes from Josh. Hello, bomb crew. I manage a movie theater and I got into a discussion about anime with my employees. That's your first mistake, Joe or Josh. I saw an advertisement for the new Gundam movie Slash Show, and I asked them if they knew what Gundam was. They seemed confused and said, is it like Transformers? This made me a little sad, but then I realized the last Gundam series I got into was zero zero Gundam, which came out in two thousand and seven. I then realized most of the employees I was talking to would have not been born yet or be up to four years old. I then realized, despite being a millennial, I'm an anime boomer. Let me down a rabbit hole of how much time has passed, and I realized that the kids that were sixteen now were born when movies like Avatar, Hangover, and Up came out. I then realized that those movies are four years away from being fucking twenty years old.
Speaker 4: What a time.
Speaker 1: What are some things that make you feel like a gamer anime boomer? Parentheses aka make you feel old?
Speaker 6: This happened to me today when I was in the car after dropping the kids off. I had the radio on and they.
Speaker 2: Were talking about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees, people who could be inducted into the Hall of Fame this year.
Speaker 3: I hear and you text for my dad every time they announced the nominees.
Speaker 2: And I was so And they were talking about after they played a song and the song was from The White Stripes and the song before that was Matchbox twenty, and I was like thinking about Mike me and I'm just getting the Maxbox Matchbox twenty. I'm like kind of getting like frustrated in my head, arguing with Mike, like how what why?
Speaker 1: You? Like?
Speaker 6: First, I talked myself down first of all, because like why do I care what musical Mike's listening to. I don't, but I'm like, why not getting something like a little bit more you know, modern recent like And then the White Stripes started playing like White Stripes. And then the next thing they said was and the White Stripes are nominated to be inducted into the Rock and holl Hall of Fame, which I don't know. People know you have to be around for twenty five years before that is, before you're eligible for that.
Speaker 2: And I fucking almost rolled up, like drove off the road. I I'm like, that one really got me. I'm like, oh my god. This band that I was just in my head talking about they're new and exciting, is actually they're twenty seven years old.
Speaker 3: That was like late nineties was their first seties ninety seven, same era I have. When I think about it, I'm like, yeah, I like some like modern rock bands like Queens of the Stone Age. Yeah, dude, that was like late nineties that they started up.
Speaker 1: So yeah, oh boy, oh boy.
Speaker 3: I've said it before, but the gaming one, for me, it was always when Abby started and she said Helo was her favorite retro series, and I was I And that was like ten years ago or not that long ago.
Speaker 2: I mean it happens with games all the time, when whenever I look at the timeline have been like, oh it was this this like ten years from this game to that game, and it's been twenty years from that game to today, and it feels like no time has passed, and yeah.
Speaker 1: What was the thing.
Speaker 3: It's like the three sixty now is as old as the nes was when the three sixty was the current thing.
Speaker 6: It's like, I mean it's honest, it's probably as old as the Atari was.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, sometimes it's like depressing. I think the Witcher three is going to be ten years old in a few months. Medal year five, Right, It's like, man, games aren't really like like we still get so many good games. I don't want to be like that, but like they aren't inherently different all that much from them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know, like at a certain point, like it clicked over. It's like the hardware didn't make a difference anymore. Was time and money and these companies only want to spend a certain amount of time and money. So we are just at that plateau since like twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean look at it just that like mid nineties to like mid two thousands jumps. We're like ninety eight to oh one, look at medal year one to meddle year slid two, just like that's completely insane. That was three years, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean even when we were talking about like early three D and uh, We're like, okay, well, sure the new consoles might do some three D stuff, but we weren't expecting Mario sixty four right after Yoshi's Island, and so it was like that was such a massive leap. And then of course the leap from in sixty four to GameCube and in sixty four to and PlayStation to PlayStation two was also massive. So it does make time fel like it passed really because things were so different, and that just is not the case anymore. So, yes, any of those comparisons, those timeline comparisons really get me.
Speaker 3: I am with the wrestling a lot always. When aw was here last time, it was like a year ago. We were at a bar afterwards it was like Excalibur and me and Dante Martin, and Dante Martin was talking about like, oh yeah, I remember, you know, my first rumble, The first one I ever saw was when I was in school I was a little kid, and shamous one like Excaliburts Turners like fuck you, oh god, Shamus being your childhood rumble winner, like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: The wrestling thing is so weird to me because like you know, like Steve Austin's time on top seems like this giant chook of time. To me, it's really just a few years, whereas like Roman Reigns first Wrestlemaniam main event was maybe I don't like how many years.
Speaker 1: Went to fifteen.
Speaker 3: That would have been one thirty one, ten years ago. Oh yeah at a moment, yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: You okay, well yeah, the sports is very similar where yeah, for a long time, I would, you know, watch like, oh, all these players are older than me. Then they're the same age, and now the oldest one in the NBA is younger than me, Lebron James, and that it's like, look, okay, it's very hard to look at that and be like, okay, so wait, how old are the rookies?
Speaker 6: Oh they're half my age.
Speaker 1: That same thing kind of happens when I talk to people about SNL and they'll be like, oh, yeah, I love the heyday of SNL of so and so and so and so, and then I'll like think about it like that person has been off the show and it has a full movie career. They haven't been on in almost twenty thirty years.
Speaker 3: You're like a rander like Beck Bennett's like he was on for seven years, one of the new guys.
Speaker 1: To me, Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. I received psychic damage when I was talking to an acquaintance and we bonded over the fact that we both like power ranges. Then I thought like, oh sick, you love Mighty Morphin also, right, And then he looks at me and goes like, no, that's old man. Shit, I'm down with mystic Force. And then I'm like, wait, what the mystic force?
Speaker 4: I don't I don't mean to sound negative, but like match, you just make being a power power Rangers a different power.
Speaker 6: Yeah you know that's really sad.
Speaker 3: Look you you won't need to bond together. Yeah a thigh My dad talking about baseball. And as you get older, like you know, at a certain points like oh my god, I'm older than some of these players, and then you realize, oh my god, I'm older than these coaches. And then it's the thing where it's like I feel like I'm almost getting to this point where it's like, let's say I see like a dominic mysterio or Ria Ripley, who's likely, you know, almost certainly gonna be a hall of fame. And it's like, Louk, I they might have a forty year career. I don't know if I'm making it, you know, like that's crazy to think about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially because like they're all healthy now, Yeah, to take care of themselves a lot better.
Speaker 6: That's a lot better too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, all right. We got two emails from Sam from Eerie, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 6: That's what pa is. Yeah, you got to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank god, I got that right. Two emails. First email, Can we get a spinoff cooking show for Dan? Here's the premise, A box of ingredients, a general description of the dish, the country slash culture of origin, and then we let Dan gonuts trying to make it happen. One hour timer for completion and plating. I think there's an easy ten hour long episode arc before he gets to get really dialed in I cuisine.
Speaker 3: I've thought about this because Bianca and I watched Great British Bakeoff, and I do think about like, oh, what if it was just like me or my dad installed here and we had to just follow the same rules, and it's just like, Yeah, I think I think that's I think that's a show, I think, or an interesting wrinkle in an existing show, just to throw in a complete idiot when it comes to the subject matter. I think you would beat Bobby Flick. I would be see, I've never seen that one. What's the gimmick? You have to actually beat the like pro chef?
Speaker 1: Yes, so you pick a dish to cook it, So you go against another chef first, and then from there, if you proceed to the next round, you present a dish that you and Bobby Flay both have to cook and it's judged from there.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know what I would make because on Instagram this morning, I would make this. It's a cheese it rice Krispy Treats. I think it was on the official cheese at Instagram account which I follow, and they crunched up a bunch of cheese it's and put a bunch of marshmallows in it and made rice Krispy Treats out of cheese its and I looked at that. I watch it several times. My algorithm is gonna give me more good stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, If cheese pizza is kid's food, then what the fuck is that?
Speaker 6: Mutant kids kids.
Speaker 7: Turtles use.
Speaker 1: I've forgot to talk about this, but I went to like a pizza place over the weekend, and like they had all their pizzas laid out behind the glass, no labels, right, and then like I point the disinterested person working the front and you know it's.
Speaker 6: Good though, because you can't have that if you're not good, if you don't good food.
Speaker 1: Sure, And then like there were three different pizzas with various forms of mushrooms and maybe meat on it. And then like what looked to be a very plain pie but there was different stuff on it. I asked like, Hey, what kind of pizza is this? And then the person just looks at me and very upset, looks down at the pizza. It looks back at me and goes, uh, it's cheese. I'm like, is it just normal cheese? Because there's stuff on it's like cheese. I'm like, oh, okay, cool, cool, cool, cool?
Speaker 6: Am I remember right?
Speaker 3: The grub used to be a pizza de lilvery guy.
Speaker 6: Okay, if it's a general job in that I probably did it.
Speaker 3: Tell me if I can expect this to go well tonight. I'm playing like I've only been eaten uncrusted and pudding for like five days, and to no guess, I'm going to try to order my pizza, my special Domino's order, you know, because I got enough points to redeem a free medium too topping, which is perfect for my purposes. I'll leave the whole thing, uh huh. And I want to put in the special instructions because they do it. They always do the thin crust squarestyle, you know. When I do my special pizza and I think in special instructions, I want to write, please do twice the amount of cuts squar style. I had surgery and my mouth can't open very wide, so I need them bite sized. Do you think that will work and it'll come the way I'm picturing tiny?
Speaker 2: Or guarantee it'll work because everybody, especially these days, because weed's legal every day like they're high. They are high there like without I have no doubt in my mind the people making your pizza tonight will be high. So there's a chance even though they know they're supposed to we knew we're supposed to check the special instructions. We might forget so, but if they see it, they will do that. That's not that's not some big ask. That's nothing that you can completely be completely fine. Now if it does arrive and it's not cut the way you want, fucking do it yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think.
Speaker 3: I have a pizza cutter, but I do have scissors, so I could do a Cobra style.
Speaker 6: That'll be fine. But why don't How do you have a pizza cutter?
Speaker 1: No, I think scissors maybe the superior pizza cutting device. Do I have a pizza cutter? I got?
Speaker 4: I just bought when I got a deal at the they're reopening f y s in malls and they're mostly like anime and like Japanese snack stores. Now, I found the bargain bin and they had a teenage Ninja turtles seened pizza cutter on Stowe for six bucks.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, I don't want to lose money on this deal, so I picked.
Speaker 1: Bucks.
Speaker 6: Baby.
Speaker 2: Oh fuck, dude, the fucking girl I did. Dude, I didn't know you were so good with money man, Right.
Speaker 4: Just waiting for the deal was probably the first pizza cut I ever bought. Just waiting for this boat.
Speaker 3: That blade is probably as dull as a baby bottom, you.
Speaker 6: Know that old idiom?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Baby what what?
Speaker 6: Baby blitz are sharp to you? But they're not.
Speaker 3: That's why it works a well, that's why I asked sharp.
Speaker 6: Move Okay, you as smooth as a baby's bottom.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're so smooth.
Speaker 3: They're tall, which is easy as selling candy to a baby because they wanted so much, they're so flush.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, I got this list up and I forgot I was gonna do this pop quiz, jam, what is I a for states?
Speaker 1: Iowa?
Speaker 3: That is Iowa?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna do one more?
Speaker 7: What is uh?
Speaker 6: Let's see here sc.
Speaker 7: South Carolina?
Speaker 3: That's right, all right, well fifty fifty that I bet a million dollars on it.
Speaker 6: I probably could as well. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I only know California because that's all I know.
Speaker 3: That's all, and backler only knows the like six tiny states around New Jersey and the couple big ones.
Speaker 1: Uh No, I still don't know where Delaware is, all right? CT not a guy? Yes, okay, all right, all right, Sam has another email? Hi Jan, Sorry for the email barrage today. The word calendar is empty on a Monday, and I'm over caffeinated. Can we get three minutes on your current coffee situation. It's been a while. I'm still rocking a V sixty. I've switched to a glass V sixty just so it retains heat a little bit better. And that's it. My fun caraf broke, so I just brew directly into what used to be a pasta sauce jar. I'm just normally Yeah, last email of the show, by the way, I just.
Speaker 3: I don't know what a craft is, but it's Ryan Draft, and I can't think a lot of things that rhyme with draft. So I looked up draft Kraft to see if it's a thing, and there you can buy your raft crafts.
Speaker 9: Go on, this is a good show we did. Okay, hold on, wait, do you know what a craft is? Now that you looked up draft?
Speaker 3: Like a picture or whatever.
Speaker 2: Here in Europe, you can't be like, hey, can I get a glass of water? They'll be like you have to say, can I get a craft? And you can bring you a jar of water to the table?
Speaker 3: Yeah, gotcha? Okay, you learned something.
Speaker 1: He would be frowned upon if I walked around uh GB at night with like one of those fancy wine, aerrating, poorer things and just ask people if they wanted slurricane shot into their mouth.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, if it's just the thing you need to carry around and just have Mike Mike Mahardy there, but the slurricane he would look down his nose.
Speaker 6: I think if it's you doing it, yes, I think it was anyone else.
Speaker 3: No, I would absolutely accept the slurrican from I would not. I'm sorry, I don't.
Speaker 1: I might get a headache beer with me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't be able to say no, I'd regret it. But sure, God, that's been a while. It's been a hot moment.
Speaker 2: I say that from PBR where they're like, if you're not drinking in January, have you tried eating ass It?
Speaker 3: Just tweeted that what I got one of those social media people. Okay, I got one of them. He's doing one of those things now, huh still up?
Speaker 6: I think so this is a bit.
Speaker 4: One time was that karaoke and I don't know if this guy was just being weird, if he was trying to say something for him. He just got up there and it was his turn to sing, and he just like, very well, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, everyone, you know what season it is.
Speaker 3: I was like, He's like, it's as Seaton season.
Speaker 1: Everyone's like, did he's.
Speaker 3: See something like like candle in the wind or something wildly inappropriate? Right afterwards, no, I forget what I was just really for, Like that guy just screamed that. Huh.
Speaker 2: It's just I'm imagining like a Simpsons crowd the what you described it? Like yah, and like you said that and they're like, oh yeah, I don't know how to react to that.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, last email of the show, h Phil and Calgary writes and hey, bomb folk, I recently learned of a Colorado dish called a slopper and wanted you want to know about it. Here is a description from Wikipedia. A slopper is a cheat. I'm just gonna read this like a strip club host. A slopper is a cheeseburger serve smothered and red chili or green chili or chili sauce.
Speaker 6: Oh sure.
Speaker 1: Sloppers generally include grilled buns and are off and topped with fresh like chopped onions and sometimes French fries. If I live somewhere that these were available, I would say I'm going for sloppers with the boys as off and as pop. Yeah, and would laugh every single time. What are your thoughts on the slopper?
Speaker 3: Pro slapper?
Speaker 2: Yeah, anti green chilly on everything in Colorado, absolutely a thing. I never heard anyone call it a slopper. And I'm kind of wondering if they kept that from me because I was a transplant and they didn't want to share all the good stuff.
Speaker 3: You're ready to slap it up with them.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to slap Stopper for the boys is maybe the most powerful powerful phrase.
Speaker 6: In the English language. So yeah, they did not give that to me.
Speaker 1: And hey, when we say a slopper for the boys, everyone is welcome. Oh it's join us. Yes, yeah, of course I get yeah, I'd ready to be ready for some sloppy toppy Uh yeah, yeah, I'd get down poppy toffee toppyffe though, like.
Speaker 3: The you know, candy sloppy coffee.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that this video call thing is slowly muting. You just keep doing it.
Speaker 3: It can't get enough of trying to quiet, but I hate it.
Speaker 6: Oh look at this draft craft. Holy yeah great?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, we were just silent in a judgy way.
Speaker 3: Let's all get draft grafts.
Speaker 1: New game. Yeah, Giraffe Craft with the boys Pickle draft graft Oh okay, okay, I like where this is headed. Thank you, Mikey. Now I regret saying that I'm glad that the website is oppressing your audio. Folks. That does it. For emails, Thank you for sending your emails to bombcastigiant bomb dot com. I now have to do more work because all of the emails go to the spam folder for whatever reason. So I'm trudging through the spam. I'm clicking on all the links, and I'm getting fished left and right. Folks, this week, you get those Amazon gift cards for Perkins.
Speaker 2: What that's not That's not how the scams usually work to Like, I'm your CEO, Perk Miller, can you get me some Amazon gift cards?
Speaker 6: It's for a client.
Speaker 3: It's like a very interesting like breed of the scams.
Speaker 4: Now, I don't know if this is newer thing, but like I get all, I do get it fairly regularly, like Hi, this is your boss and here's my name of your boss.
Speaker 3: I need Monday. I'm like, man, that's weird. No scam on the gift cards I got for winning the Super Bowl. Pool does cast right in?
Speaker 1: All right? Okay, okay, this week, games mornings popping off at a new time. We're moving into noon time or nine am Pacific.
Speaker 8: What else we going on? We've got a whole bunch of stuff. Jeff's gonna beat now right his gimmicks. Oh, he's gonna look amazing and these.
Speaker 1: Can I can't wait.
Speaker 6: Also, Steph cannot wait.
Speaker 2: So she keeps talking to me about it because she's aware of the game, and she's like, when when is that starting?
Speaker 6: I'm like, does she know the game, that's aware of the game, that's she played it as a kid?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it was, oh my god, it is one of these like angry video game nerve, like any s bullshit games.
Speaker 6: She's never watched anyry video game nerve, that's what you're saying.
Speaker 2: But I did not think that, but you know, okay, yeah, but gee, she keeps bringing up and she's like, why hasn't he started agett And I'm like, I don't want to talk about it, and then I walked out of the room angry at Look.
Speaker 1: You're halfway through your game so far.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're beating at the bar.
Speaker 6: No, no, me neither.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's another fuck up thing about this Blake Club is that like every level is like two hours long. Then because you've beaten two levels and he've done two.
Speaker 2: I've definitely made some mistakes that have prolonged, but I think a lot of that is built into the way the game functions and structured, not like not knowing how to fucking save. Obviously that was on me, but I've definitely like done some boneheaded stuff. But it's like the game gets so frustrating I lose my patience and make it worse for myself.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I love his Brother's two fucking thousand.
Speaker 1: Ye yes, yes, that's tomorrow popping off at the normal Blight Club time. We'll have a voicemailed dump truck, probably some other streams popping off as well, but also on Friday we will be checking out these Steam Next Fest demos unless something else catches their fancy instead BCR. This week we may probably just focus and sit down. I'll grab some folks to talk about Monster Hunter Wilds. Ye that's a good idea I've already yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah. That does it for another episode of the Giant Bomb to thank you for joining us. We're gonna hit the music now. Oh God, my drought. Anyway, he's been Mike, he's been Dan, he's been Grub, I've been jan You at home. I've been doing great. You deserve best supporting after actress this year at the Oscars, we're going for the goddamn Egod and we're starting with the ap this here. You're fucking winning that daytime, Emmy, God, damn it. We're gonna get it.
Speaker 6: We're gonna get it.
Speaker 1: I'll have you at home.
Speaker 3: We're gonna win things and the glitterish