Speaker 1: All right, there appears to be a lot of angry people in America these days, and it's profitable to be angry. We're gonna talk about that also. Seven days to Christmas Eve?
Speaker 2: Woohoo? Are you ready? It's your shopping tone? Do you know what you're gonna do for dinner?
Speaker 3: Uncensored, unfiltered, tun hinged.
Speaker 4: It's the Courell Cast.
Speaker 3: Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 2: It is the crow Cast.
Speaker 1: I am Corel, so very glad you are joining me on this Tuesday, December seventeenth, just seven short days away from Christmas Eve, and fourteen fourteen, yeah, fourteen days away from New Year's Eve from twenty twenty five, just at our doorstep, twenty twenty four about to be a memory. Don't forget the Patreon call this at five thirty I'll be sending you the zoom link. So do come and join me for our Christmas Patreon this coming Sunday the twenty second, and that will be at five thirty pm Pacific time. If you're a patron, you'll be getting a zoom link in your mailbox and please follow it. Oh it's too brighton here computer, turn off media room. Oh thank you Oh Lord, I cannot have you heaven all that lighting. Okay, So you know, for these shows leading up to Christmas, where I'm going to take a break, I may not feel like doing a lot of world news. I may just feel like talking, just talking, just talking to you. Yes, I know there was a school shooting yesterday, but I don't care. I have no thoughts and prayers left until the United States is actually willing to act. But it did make me think about anger. How angry was that girl because girls don't do this? How angry was that girl that she had to pick up a gun go to school kill people? Got me thinking about anger? So yesterday a bunch of things got me thinking about anger.
Speaker 2: A the election.
Speaker 1: We know that Donald Trump won because of angry white men and some brown and black, but basically angry men men who are angry that their way of life is being threatened according to them, that the gays won everything, and the drags and the trans and the you know, and the border and the oh, they're mad about everything. They're just they're mad about everything. And they didn't want positivity, they didn't want joy, they didn't want anything Kamala had to offer. They didn't want that you know, they wanted anger, and Trump and the GOP gave them anger, and they won on that. They won on anger, and right wing across the world right now is winning and what are they winning on? Not policy, They're winning on anger. People are angry at their lot in life. They're angry at how hard they're working and getting so little back. They're angry that they see others getting theirs and they're not getting any. They're angry that they think that their work and their resources is being given away to somebody. They're angry. There is an anger problem in the world right now. Mass shootings, you don't shoot people, you're not mad at. You don't shoot people you're ambivalent at. Okay, so shootings, there's so much anger. And I started thinking about angry yesterday and I watched Nickel Boys. I'm watching Wicked today, finally got the screener. But I'm watching Nickel Boys last night, another screener of a movie you're probably gonna hear a lot about. And it's another movie about how horrible white people were to black people and how black people had to persevere and form relationships in the worst of situations. And watching that, I thought to myself, how is it all white people aren't dead?
Speaker 2: And I mean I really meant that.
Speaker 1: I was like, how is it that black people have not just risen up and killed every white person around?
Speaker 2: Because we treat them horribly.
Speaker 1: We treated them horribly, we act like they deserve to be treated horribly. We incarcerate them in record numbers more than white people. The justice system is completely unfair when it comes to black or brown people. So how are black people not out there every You know, when I think about how angry black people really should be, just as angry as gays, I think to myself, Black Lives Matter was awfully peaceful because these people, they haven't just been treated poorly.
Speaker 2: We treated animals.
Speaker 1: Better in the fifties, sixties, and seventies than we did black people. We treated animals better than we treated black people in the forties and the thirties. We treat animals better then we do humans, particularly black humans, gay humans, brown humans, women. And watching this Nickel boys, I just thought to myself, my god, you know, it's amazing black people even speak to us.
Speaker 2: There really is.
Speaker 1: And you say, well, I'm not the one who did that. Well, we still support a system that doesn't well, what am I supposed to do? Corel Oh, I'm so tired of all those what am I supposed to do? It wasn't me blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. These people have a right to be mad for hundreds of years after what we did to them. If it were any other world, they'd take over and treat us the same way we treated them. But of course, anger doesn't really serve the individual. It serves politicians, it serves those were the cause, it serves campaigners, but it doesn't really serve you. Anger is not good in your life because it turns you into someone you don't want to be. And I'm speaking firsthand. Last night, I wanted to see if I'd ever written editorials about anger, and so I went through my two books that I you know, my compilation of essays, and I found myself spending about three and a half hours last night reading my own editorials, and I started crying. I literally started crying. And I started crying because I said, you were so angry after Andrew died. You were so angry at everybody, but more importantly, you were really angry at the gaze you were. I was so angry at gay people. I was angry that we weren't further along in our rights. I was angry that it appeared to me that we cared more about going and drinking and doing drugs for white Party weekend than actually making any political inroads.
Speaker 2: I was so.
Speaker 1: Mad that a lot of my writing is actually homophobic, and I wondered, why did Advocate and huff Post and all of.
Speaker 2: Them print these editorials.
Speaker 1: They're angry, and I realize now that was the reason, because they were angry and they spoke against the norm. I can honestly tell you after reading a lot of my essays last night, I do not feel the same way about my community, about the world, or about myself as I did in my thirties and forties.
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 1: I also don't remember half of what I wrote about. I was so drugged, God was I drugged. But I was mad, and I.
Speaker 2: Thought, what did it turn you into? We had to turn you into something.
Speaker 1: I was angry at everybody for letting Andrew die, for not letting us be married, for just so much.
Speaker 2: I was angry, and I.
Speaker 1: Thought it must have served you well, because those are the most successful times of your life.
Speaker 2: But that's not who you are.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, I'm still passionate, but there's a difference between passion and anger. There really is, And I'm still passionate about the same causes. But now I don't care about gays that go to white party and do drugs, and I really don't care. Back then, I denounced them and said how dare you? And you know, I even said, if you get AIDS in the modern age, you deserve it because there's all this information out there and you're ignoring it. No one deserves to get sick, you know, even ignorant people don't deserve to get sick. And it wasn't up to me to tell them that they did. So anger can shape your career, it can shape your political life, it can it can shape a lot. And right now the biggest thing that anger is shaping is our country. We now have a country shape buying anger on the left about the right, anger on the right about the left.
Speaker 2: And subsequently it's not healthy and at all, it's not holding us back, preventing us from moving forward.
Speaker 1: Want to support the Corell cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Correl channel.
Speaker 2: Just go to YouTube dot com.
Speaker 1: Forward slash Really Correll that's kr e l and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 3: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrel dot com.
Speaker 1: So anger is a valid emotion, and it certainly is a useful emotion. It is, but it has it can't be the only emotion on the spectrum. And I have wonderful people in the chatroom at YouTube dot com forward slash Earlycarell that's YouTube dot com, forward slash really Corell, where I need you to like and subscribe, people like Babeta Gonzalez, who says, I'm not only.
Speaker 2: Feeling angry, I'm feeling vengeance.
Speaker 1: I know, Lisa, nothing done to humans has not been done to other animals. Cut the specism. I'm sorry, but that's not true. That's just not true. Yeah, we kill animals for food, and we torture them and all of that, But what we've done to other humans it does excel beyond what we've even done to animals. It really does, because we've done it longer and animals can't stick up for themselves like humans can. That's a lie. I'm sorry, Mary, but that's a lie. That is a lie because many humans can't stick up for themselves. Blacks in the fifties and sixties couldn't stick up for themselves.
Speaker 2: If they did, they died, just like an animal.
Speaker 1: When an animal sticks up for itself by biting, by attacking a.
Speaker 2: Human, we kill it.
Speaker 1: We do the same thing to humans that stick up for themselves, particularly if they're black or brown or gay. We punish them for sticking up for themselves. So no, humans women cannot stick If women can stick up for themselves, how come you don't have a right to choose. If women can stick up for themselves, then how come they don't make equal pay?
Speaker 2: How come they are oppressed?
Speaker 1: How come they didn't get the right to vote, the right to vote until just one hundred years ago. If women can truly stick up for themselves, how come they're raped in record numbers. So no, not every human can stand up for themselves, just like not every animal, and we do need humans to stick up for the animals. I'm a vegan, so don't come at me. If you're not a vegan and you're telling me about animal cruelty.
Speaker 2: Shut up, just move on. If you're not vegan.
Speaker 1: You don't get to comment about animal cruelty because you allow sentient beings to be murdered in horrible ways just so you can have a burger. And that kind of the fact that we allow it goes hand in hand. A civilization that can treat animals the way that we treat them, it's not a far stretch that they treat humans that way.
Speaker 2: It's really not.
Speaker 1: We treat humans the same way we treat animals in many shapes and forms. And it's because we can kill animals with impunity and not feel a thing, that we can also kill other humans with impunity and not feel a thing. You know, policies are made like healthcare companies.
Speaker 2: That's in the news.
Speaker 1: Healthcare companies can let you die and not feel anything because quite frankly, we let so many other things die.
Speaker 2: Look what we're doing to the planet. We are killing our home.
Speaker 1: We are literally every day killing our home with impunity. Why because we can. That's why, because no one stops us. White people treated black people in this movie Nickel Boys. White people treated black people the way they treated them because they can. Men treat women the way that they treat them because they can, And in my angry rants in my books, I found that I felt that way about gay people. That I said that gay people were being treated this way by straight people because they can, because we don't get in their face. We don't elect lawmakers that will protect us. We don't stand up for ourselves. You know, I spoke out in the book against hate crime legislation and said, we don't need it.
Speaker 2: A crime is a crime.
Speaker 1: If you're beating someone up, it doesn't matter if you're calling them fag while you're doing it.
Speaker 2: It's the beating that's the problem. I was wrong about that. I was wrong.
Speaker 1: I was wrong because hate crime legislation gave us another way to stand up, to make it harder to hurt us. But we on this planet do things simply because we can. If health and you know, everyone's mad at health insurance companies, they abuse us because they can abuse us because nobody stops them. Black people are still treated the way that they are treated because nobody stops them. White people need to be stopped, but no one stops them. And why, I don't know. Is it cowardice?
Speaker 2: You know? Is it personal safety?
Speaker 1: Back in the day, black people didn't stand up for themselves because they got killed, so personal safety overrode self preservation.
Speaker 2: The same with gays, I guess.
Speaker 1: I guess we just bow down to whatever is done to us, you know, if like they're trying to overturn same sex marriage. Now I'm not saying we should assassinate Supreme Court judges.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: But if gay groups got together and started an enormous recall on the judges, they can be impeached. And if these gay groups align themselves with true allies and dumped a fortune into impeachment, you know, campaigns against Clarence Thomas, against Roberts, a well funded campaign where they could also give money to senators and congress people, things would change. Things change when the oppressed stop it, when they stop being oppressed, when they turn around.
Speaker 2: But the sad part is.
Speaker 1: That often those who are oppressed become oppressors, and that's really sad. And that happens people who were formally victims become oppressors, which is really sad, but I understand.
Speaker 2: How it happens.
Speaker 1: So anger is all around us. I think the healthcare executive being shot really showed us how much anger there is at healthcare companies where hardly anybody felt bad about another human being gunned down in the street because that human ran a company that condones our death. I look at that and I think there's so much anger everywhere. And it's the holiday season. Aren't we supposed to be letting go of anger. Aren't we supposed to be thinking about joy and happiness and love and family and be reminded of all the things that are really important. Because I don't know about you, but anger is exhausting. I've been angry at Donald Trump and MAGA and people that support Donald Trump so long that it's exhausting me. I've been angry at mainstream media CNN, you know, even MSNBC and Fox. I've been mad, like mad, angry, yelling at the TV. I've been angry at these people for so long. It's exhausting. Anger is exhausting, and I think it's why we're all pretty tired. I think this holiday season, we're all exhausted, and we're exhausted because we're angry Trump won. We're angry at Joe Biden for not letting Kamala or another candidate take over sooner. We're angry at the Democrats for being impotent in the face of such a threat. I mean, how impotent are you that you couldn't beat a convicted felon. We're angry at people who would vote for him. We're angry at senators and congress people that support him. We're angry that there's not bigger strides being made to save our planet.
Speaker 2: It's exhausting all the things we're angry at.
Speaker 1: And I don't know about you, but after reading about how angry I was in my thirties and forties.
Speaker 2: I don't want to spend the rest of it off. I really don't. So what do we do?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you so anywhere for chatlet we're all read all about it cause I don't want you say Carell here. And I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corell cap, then please go to patreon dot com forward slash really Corell. That's patreon dot com forward slash really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash really Correl.
Speaker 2: There's so much great.
Speaker 1: Free content there. It's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really corel including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, Really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show through Patreon at Patreon dot com.
Speaker 2: Forward slash really Correl.
Speaker 1: Thanks from thirty years of support to the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog. And let's keep the party going as long as we can. So I've upset lisend the chatroom at YouTube dot com. Forward slash really Correl. And that's so ridiculous because and that just shows you how anger flourishes. Because I'm on there, I'm on our side. I'm a vegan, okay, I am a vegan, and I want the entire world to be vegan. Uh And so you know, the notion that I support animal cruelty is ridiculous. But that being said, we can't treat animals better, you know why, because we can't treat each other better. You know, here in Las Vegas there was a bulldog named Rose who was put inside a plastic tub with her feet tied. The tub was duct tape closed and put behind a dumpster in one hundred and twenty degree heat. Rosie was found brought to a vet, but she died. They did a fifty thousand dollar reward, and now they have found the two people that did that. I want them put into a tub, wrapped in duct tape and put behind a dumpster in one hundred and twenty degree heat. I really truly do, like I'm not making that up. I want that punishment for them. You felt it was okay to do that to a living being, let's do it to you. But that being said, we can't treat animals better because we can't treat each other because humans take babies and put them in trash cans. Babies the most pure, beautiful little things on the planet. How anyone could kill a baby and we do. How anybody could put a baby in a trash can like it's human garbage. I will never understand that, never in a billion years. I will never understand how humans could create slaves out of other animals and other humans. We can't treat animals better because we don't treat each other with any respect or dignity. And I don't mean you and I, Okay, most of you do. I know I do too. But as a race, we do not treat each other with dignity, with respect, with love, with kindness.
Speaker 2: We just don't do that.
Speaker 1: We opt for other emotions first, skepticism, cynicism, anger, fear, and I don't know that as a species we're ever gonna change that. I hope we do. And all I would like to say on this show to you all is let's drain some of the anger away of twenty twenty four. We were caught in the middle of a tumultuous election with a man that we all hate, and now we've got Elon Musk and all these despots taking the center stage. I'm telling you, having anger every day in your life will kill you. And I don't want you guys to die early. That's why I want you all to be a vegan. It's healthier and you feel better about life. I feel so great when I see a cow that I don't eat them. I see pigs all the time, and I feel so happy that I don't eat them. I see chickens and think I don't eat you. I feel so grateful and happy that I don't eat and I don't support with my money that the horrible murder and torture of those beings. But my money does support the horrible torture of human beings Ukraine, Israel, what's happening in Gaza, the US bank horrible we're treating We are treating Palestinians certainly worse than animals, or the same as animals, whatever, killing them with impunity, starving them. That's why I worry about our species. We kind of do treat everything unilaterally like crap, like like it doesn't matter. Like we treat the planet like crap, like we don't need it. We treat animals like they don't deserve respect and dignity and life. We do barbaric things to them, burn their skins with brands, or burn their hoods, or burn their beaks off, or we do just horrible like chamber of horror stuff.
Speaker 2: But then again, we do that to humans even in the name of beauty.
Speaker 1: We make women torture themselves, fill their breast with silicone that can break, walk in heels that cause leg and butt problems, wear makeup that gives them infections. We demand a lot from people, and I'm just saying that as I age, as I move forward in life, I want to start leaving some of that behind.
Speaker 2: Don't you don't. Aren't you just tired of being mad all the time? I am.
Speaker 1: I'm so tired of being worried, fearful and mad all the time, worried about health. I'm so sick of being worried about health. As I laid in an MRI tube yesterday. You know, I had a mammogram two months ago. That technology is great, it saves lives, but we got to find a better way. That's not acceptable to treat a woman or a man squeeze this so hard and stand like this, and that's just that's barbaric, and an MRI is kind of barbaric. Lay in this little tiny tube for forty minutes, you know, with this enormously loud even with the headphones, this loud heart. Yes, I know it's life saving, but come on and prove the technology, for the love of God, it's almost like torture. It's like Jesus, I just think over the holidays, we should reset. And I didn't want to anger anybody today, certainly in a show about anger.
Speaker 2: I just think we should reset.
Speaker 1: We should remember that being angry all the time only hurts us, doesn't hurt Donald Trump to be mad at him every day. You know, last night my friend Steve upset me because I sent him a story that hate crimes against gays in Los Angeles, LA County have jumped the highest since recorded record. Hate crimes against LGBTQ people in Los Angeles County have skyrocketed to the highest of any recorded time. And Steve's all, you know, I don't need to see this. I don't need to be angry. I don't need and I thought, well, it's the news you should pay attention. But then I thought, you know, he's kind of he can't stop those hate crimes. Why over the holidays? You know, worry about such things. So I just want you to release some of it, find ways constructive, ways to release that anger. Don't be me in my thirties and forties, after reading some of those editorials, I thought, oh God, you were so bitter. It made Andrew's death made me very bitter. And who wouldn't, I mean, he died in front of me and was tossed aside because we were gay. So who wouldn't be angry about it, but it made me very bitter for a long long time. I don't want to be that again. And Trump is doing the same thing to me. Living in Trump's America is making me.
Speaker 2: Very very bitter.
Speaker 1: People who refuse, people online who attack me for being vegan are making me very bitter because they're the ones doing the wrong thing. They're the ones destroying the planet and killing sentient being.
Speaker 2: And yet they.
Speaker 1: Always attack me online and call me names and tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about, or that I don't know the science.
Speaker 2: But I do. And it makes me very bitter.
Speaker 1: When I hear people defending being a carnivore and defending eating red meat, I'm like, there's no need, and I get so angry, Like, God, you're so stupid.
Speaker 2: I get angry.
Speaker 1: It's stupid, And unfortunately, there's so much stupid in the country right now. You can spend all day being angry about it. All Right, Today's Tuesday. I'm gonna watch whatch Get Wicked this afternoon. Finally Tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday, and then I'm gone next week and the week after. There will be shows, but they'll be pre recorded, they won't be live. Sorry I was a half hour late today, but I ran in trouble this morning. Well I wasn't trouble.
Speaker 2: I just I ran late. I ran late.
Speaker 1: So but I love you. I don't want you to be angry at me or anyone else. I want you to have a lovely holiday season. I want you to try to replace anger with tom try to replace anger with joy, try to replace it with something positive.
Speaker 2: I am corell. Do you know you want to be phn't hurt anybody.
Speaker 1: Will be plenty of time here to be anger after the inauguration. Brothers, plenty of them, and I'm sure plenty of things.
Speaker 2: To be angry act. But right now, let's let it rain, Let's not turn bitter.
Speaker 4: Let me get bloodcasting from a completely different point of view, yours listen daily to the Coral cast on your favorite streaming service. It's bloodcasting from a completely different point of view.
Speaker 3: Yours listen daily to
Speaker 4: The Coral cast on your favorite streaming service.