Speaker 1: Oh, I come down.
Speaker 2: Be ready because it's time anywhere.
Speaker 1: It's about to get weird.
Speaker 2: Be prepared for insidet weird. Thinks we're gonna get weird. It's getting weird. I'm gonna get real weird with it. Let's get weird. Let's get it?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 2: Where? Get?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 2: Are you ready to get weird with Hoodie and Eric?
Speaker 3: I'm ready sick because you're listening to the pre Eric London episode of What Let's Get Weird?
Speaker 2: Didn't want to contribute at all. I'm listening. I'm listening. Yeah, I forgot the numbers, two hundred and twenty third. Thank you.
Speaker 1: My name is Hoodie me I'm ware. And every week we come together, they give you the weird stories from our lives, the streets, the sheets, the ups, the downs, the all arounds and your ina and sometimes aren't it and just have a good old time. And Eric, Yes, get ready for what because.
Speaker 2: You're going to London baby this week?
Speaker 1: Excited?
Speaker 2: Oh? Really very much so. Ten hours from from now, you're going to my flight ten PMS. Well, I got it. We judge checking now No.
Speaker 1: No, maybe international? I think maybe you get an hour.
Speaker 2: Before or something. I remember you see what it says logged in Fine United, I'm flying United. I don't remember the last.
Speaker 1: Of my your meal.
Speaker 2: I think I pick your meal. I think I did put special requests? No, why would I put special Make sure there's some leven? Yeah, sick can I you're going to join the male.
Speaker 1: High club when you're on the plane. Who oh, someone you find?
Speaker 2: Who am I gonna find? It's gonna want to talk to me on a.
Speaker 1: Plane, the lady of the night. I don't know. We don't pay for that over here, but over there they might. I don't know who knows what they do. So I'm going, well, I'm gonna prepare you because I have two things planned for you to yes, yes, I teased this last week. Is I am going to test you on a London quiz granted it's England too, at the same time, and then I'm gonna give you London roulette aka terms you need to know when you go over there, and if they call you these things, don't get back. You know what they're Yeah, whether it's affectionate or a term of hate. Well, I know what one of them means. Oh yes, yes, okay, good say that one or no?
Speaker 2: Say well?
Speaker 1: Whisper to me whisper to me, you're gonna whisper?
Speaker 2: You whisp? You could say that. I could say that. They say it all the time over there. I say it on the pot. I'm not gonna say it. But you could say, oh, yeah, the C word. Which one you're you're e think? Kunt?
Speaker 1: Okay, See that's fine you put that there. It's fine, Yeah for that, it's that. Yeah, But here are some terms you need to know when you go over there. Bonkers What do you think? That means?
Speaker 2: You're wild and crazy?
Speaker 1: No, you're correct, at you you're bonkers bonkers in love? Crazy in love? I'd be what is whatever? Knackered mean angry? Right now means you're tired. So if you're like, at the public, I'm knackered, this flight make me knackered because this is helping you know these words. Then maybe the London ladies were like, oh.
Speaker 2: He tried, yeah, so America, So American is his own? Does throwing a wobbly mean throwing a shot back? No?
Speaker 1: That is when you're throwing a temper tantrum. Oh so you go, I'm not throw I don't want to. What's uh? What's a fiver?
Speaker 2: Uh? Giving so many five bucks.
Speaker 1: That's a five pound note, correct, But you won't be using cash really, so you'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Should I get cash? I think you're fine.
Speaker 1: I mean if you want to buy something off the street like a street vendor, maybe, but everywhere else you'll be fine.
Speaker 2: I don't want to give anybody my apple pay or whatever. Next you know, my stuff staked?
Speaker 1: What does mean it's hungry?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Food?
Speaker 2: Food?
Speaker 1: Let's get some Let's get some food? Yes, yes, yes, yes, do it? What's pied off mean?
Speaker 2: No idea?
Speaker 1: It means you've been rejected or shot down? Really off London. I'm not trying. Everyone thinks I'm going to be trying to meet women.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: What's going to have fun?
Speaker 2: What's a cock up mean?
Speaker 1: A mess up?
Speaker 2: Right? Correct? Good job? I mean a total cockup of it? Yeah, I've heard that one before a lot of guy Guy Richie movies.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: What does faffing around? I mean being silly?
Speaker 1: It kind of means to do nothing particularly productive. Okay, all right, so if you want to faugh around and pass around a little bit. What does mug mean? My face? It is no, my mug is what do you call someone who acting stupid.
Speaker 2: You're a mug. Oh like a muggle?
Speaker 1: Sure, there you go with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I were to offer you.
Speaker 1: A cupa what does that mean?
Speaker 2: A cup of tea? Correct?
Speaker 1: Good job? They drink a cuppa?
Speaker 2: You want to? You all? I have a stupid question, a very stupid question. Do they have Starbucks in London? Yes?
Speaker 1: You want to get like coffee from like a market market stand or.
Speaker 2: I need I need an espresso. You don't need to get a cafe.
Speaker 1: There's Starbucks and like the tourist area. Right, but I'm just saying, like you get the cafe, it won't be like Starbucks quality coffee. Isn't that great? Buddy? Relaxed? Some people? Sorry about it.
Speaker 2: But another dumb, dumb question. I like an Americano Americano. Is an espresso with hot water? In Europe?
Speaker 1: An Americano in Europe? Is a Cafe Americana?
Speaker 2: A cafe Americano?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, we'll figure it out that one. Right.
Speaker 2: What does trolley mean? Tired? That means you're drunk. You ham it. I'm trolley trolley over that today.
Speaker 1: If you first trolley I'm going.
Speaker 2: To face Oh I've got to interrupt you starting. But guess what Max wants me to do on this trip. So he has two little items that he wants me to a car or the spaceship. So I'm gonna take a picture with the car that he wants me to take while I'm there with every picture with him, or like you know, a little car in the picture. So yeah, he alat of came up with that idea. A little buddy excited, give.
Speaker 1: Me something to do. Keep you proctive, you know, m hmm, I'm taking a lot of pictures. What does pants mean? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Your pants are down?
Speaker 1: Pants? Is your underwear in the UK? It is now your actual pants. It's your trousers, my trousers and trowsers. Your pants are your underwear.
Speaker 2: That makes no sense.
Speaker 1: That's what happens in it? What does make sure you use in it?
Speaker 2: A lot in it?
Speaker 1: Isn't it in it? Isn't it cool?
Speaker 2: In it? Oh? I don't get confused. I'm gonna get confused.
Speaker 1: Those terms I have for you for London? Are you ready to take your London quiz?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: What color are the buses in London? Red? Correct?
Speaker 2: Good job? They're called double deck double decks. Correct? Double they call the underground train system in London eric, but the tube. Correct, there you go.
Speaker 1: What is the river that runs through London primarily tim the river Tims? Correct, the Thames, the Thames. What is the traditional color of most taxis in London? Black?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: A black carcabby? Good job?
Speaker 2: Oh? Really nice.
Speaker 1: What is the name of the bear that was found at a London train station? He likes to wear a Duffel coat and likes marmalade sandwiches.
Speaker 2: You should know that one.
Speaker 1: You're staying there, I'm staying in that area, all right. Where does the queen live The Queen's dead? Correct, she lives in the cemetery.
Speaker 2: That's where she is. Actually, I guess technically she lives in Westminster Abbey. Both holy.
Speaker 1: What is the big clock on the House of Parliament called Big Ben?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: Good job. This one's a little harder. What is the Old Bailey? Oh?
Speaker 2: It's oh god, they blew it up in the viver vendetta. It's a it's a music, it's a building. It's on top of a building. It's the Old Bailey. It's a criminal court, that's it. What is the name.
Speaker 1: Of that's a specific that makes sense?
Speaker 2: What is the London I oh, it's this fairest whee that everyone's correct. Did you do it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did it one when I went to study abroad. It's it's the same if you've done it here in National Harbor.
Speaker 2: I've actually never don the one in National Harbor. It happens.
Speaker 1: What's the name of the famous tennis competition that happens in London? Wimbledon went correct?
Speaker 2: Correct? Is that going on soon? No?
Speaker 1: I don't know I have doing it. Which of these teams play? Which of these teams has their home court in London Mansfield Town, Chelsea, Nottingham Forest or Manchester United Noddingham Forest. It's Chelsea actually, so you're frogging that.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Oh, I don't know that. Oh, Wimbledon is June thirtieth to July month early on the thinks, all right, who in history tried to blow up Parliament? Will you remember them?
Speaker 1: On a certain night?
Speaker 2: November eleventh? Will never forget?
Speaker 1: It was November November, the fifth of November.
Speaker 2: November. I don't remember. There was a guy. It was his name, I don't remember Fox.
Speaker 1: Make sure you remember that guy Fox.
Speaker 2: Okay, November November. Because I was also in Viver Vendetta. I love that movie.
Speaker 1: No, all right, now here is the coney rhyming slang. So I'm gonna give you the word that it rhymes with in the description. You're supposed to tell me what the actual phrase is. Okay, this is to go up, go up, you go up these to bed apples and pears.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is the phrase you go up to these to bed apples and pears.
Speaker 1: It rhymes with apples and pears.
Speaker 2: You're going to sleep going to bed stairs?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, what are these? Another word for children rhymes with dustbin lids, dust lads.
Speaker 2: This is dumb. That's a dumb question. I know what that is, all right.
Speaker 1: London is the capital of what England? The United Kingdom named five other cities in Britain besides London.
Speaker 2: Manchester, Richmond, h the nodding, No, Chesterfield, west Ham.
Speaker 1: You're just naming football teams.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, you failed that quist. That's okay, that's your London homework.
Speaker 2: So there you go. Study.
Speaker 1: You're gonna watch Austin Powers and all the Danes Bond movies while you're flying. No, you're gonna sleep.
Speaker 2: I don't know yet.
Speaker 1: I don't know what, I'm a little bevy. I might get a bevy.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big it's free on international fight good. I'm not a fan of like drinking while on a plane.
Speaker 1: And you kind of got to go to sleep to beat the time change?
Speaker 2: Do you do you? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like I don't need I mean, you have a ten o'clock fight, So that's perfect that if you go to bed at six a m.
Speaker 2: So be something like that. Whoa mind? What if it lands at six am their time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not right, that's not right.
Speaker 2: That's not right.
Speaker 1: Right, fight to London United seven hours you get there? M hmm, so eleven their time? Oh yeah, that's perfect. Yeah, and then you'll get that's like six to you. You'll be awake by then.
Speaker 2: Don't worry.
Speaker 1: I'll make sure something happens with the show that way.
Speaker 2: You know you need to stay awake. What do you mean stay awake? Yeah? You're not gonna call me help? May help, may help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm just glad I can help you get ready because you're doing all your little passport there.
Speaker 2: The hotel needs me to like verify.
Speaker 1: My check your face, baby, they don't trust you.
Speaker 2: I already downloaded the Saunder app, So I'm like, what else do you need to do? There's self check in what Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta take a picture with all the Paddington Bears are I think there's three at least in your area?
Speaker 2: And do I need to buy these stupid train tickets? I need to buy the train. You need to buy the train tickets?
Speaker 1: What you need to do? The one?
Speaker 2: Except?
Speaker 1: What is two things you want to do besides the soccer game?
Speaker 2: I want to go to the British Museum and I want to go to that bro market bros Market or whatever market. Yeah, and then I do want to walk across the bridge tower Bridge?
Speaker 1: Correct, good job, good job, take a picture of the London Bridge. Is not that bridge? It is the Tower Bridge? Where is London?
Speaker 2: It's it's just like a highway. It's it's more like a road bridge than anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's just like it's like a plane, like you cross in Arlington to d C. Like it's like that really, Yes.
Speaker 2: Why isn't the London Bridge the one that's tower I think.
Speaker 1: The tower because it was the historical one for some reason. Then Tower Bridge came Tower Bridge. But are you gonna do like Tower of London and a lot that type of stuff, or no, what do you mean, biggre to go into Buckingham Palace if you can, I don't.
Speaker 2: See why not.
Speaker 1: Actually, let's see if you can't visit palace right now? I don't think you can, right, it depends if the King isn't there, you can't Buckingham Palace tours. Now you want to do a tour, you can just visit your Oh really yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah more.
Speaker 1: Myself and Carolina just walked it. I mean we walked. I think we had a ticket, but we walked in visit all right, Buckingham Palace.
Speaker 2: All right, there we go.
Speaker 1: Already on it, buddy, Buckingham Palace is Oh no, you can't go?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: It doesn't open up till July tenth. Oh okay, that's when the King is away on someone's ak show. Uh he's being exclusive running through January to May twenty twenty five. Actually, hold on, what next event?
Speaker 2: Sold out?
Speaker 1: Sorry, bud? Oh, let's see. Okay here you go.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, nope, you're done.
Speaker 1: You missed it and everything sold out. That's okay.
Speaker 2: I feeled it would be by it. It's cool people would give those things. It's so advanced and you never know.
Speaker 1: When you've seen the crown, you know what's inside it.
Speaker 2: I have seen the Crown. I did see the Crown. I didn't finish the.
Speaker 1: Crown, but I did see What season did you stop?
Speaker 2: On four? Before Diana passed away?
Speaker 1: The season she is about to die?
Speaker 2: Or on right now? Baby? I couldn't watch it. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I didn't like the.
Speaker 2: Cast change every two seasons. You're like, oh, yeah, I didn't mind that. I just you know, living it, and I'm like, no, I don't want to live with that, you know, because she was a kindle in the wind?
Speaker 1: How excited to see Felton John pops up on the show? Why would he pop up?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Random people up in the show sometimes like huh do they really? Sometimes? I learned about how the chair It's the Fire.
Speaker 2: Movie was made.
Speaker 1: In the last episode he watched What's the Chariots of Fire?
Speaker 2: It's the one with donn there's a whole foods market by my Okay, you.
Speaker 1: Don't need to go to home. What food are you excited to try? Fish and chips? That's cheesy sound Shepherd's pie?
Speaker 2: No, no, I don't know. Maybe little bangers and no Bangers and matches somewhere else. There's a guy on TikTok that but they're mostly Scottish meals. But no, I wouldn't free breakfast or no, I don't know things I don't know about that. I'm not really worried about. Just gonna figure it out, man.
Speaker 1: Just going to wake up and walk around.
Speaker 2: You know, even have you noticed I'm not very like, Uh, I want to just enjoy. I guess you want to wake up like it's I live there and experience. You don't.
Speaker 1: You're waking up at a hotel.
Speaker 2: But maybe they get kicked out. May maybe maybe I get kicked out. I gonna live on the streets and I'm sitting there and I'm like to hang out on the pub all night. Yeah wait till they close. But they closed early, right you told me that before. It just depends, Yeah, depends, it depends what. I'm not going to a night club. I don't want to go too.
Speaker 1: Could It'll be interesting now because it's a lot you know people there at eighteen you can drink so oh that's a bunch of eighteen year.
Speaker 2: Old No thanks dudes drinking. I'm good. Oh, I'll get them real messed up. I know, I know to get people drunk.
Speaker 1: I don't think they have the type of shots we got over there too, so just be wary of They.
Speaker 2: Probably give me a vodka ginger like huh, yeah, they probably have Tito's. They probably grey Goose in Belvety here maybe, or Russian stuff that that you need.
Speaker 1: You need Guinness and Foster's is a good baseline beer if you need something. I know beer, it's Australian, but they drink it a lot in Britain.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because Britain owns Australia, or I used to own Australia and they'send all their That was my like, I just need a base level. I want to drink some beer, but not too heavy.
Speaker 1: Foster's Baby, all.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, because you know that the Brits used to send their their the Australia. In your area.
Speaker 1: There's a nice little drinking area that's a little chills in the neighborhood, so look for that. But I don't know what it's called anywhere. I forget.
Speaker 2: I've been there in three.
Speaker 1: Years, so you should know everything for me. Oh sorry, no, it's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm excited I just can't HiPE park. Yeah, I just can't wait to get on the plane and just land and then drop my stuff off and just walk around. That's all I'm gonna really do is just walk around and experience it and just take pictures the tube. I'm scared of the tube. Why it feel like it's gonna be. It's more complicated on your line that you noted to directly go. Don't do any transfers.
Speaker 1: Just go straight there, walk to the line you need to get on and take it down or up or around?
Speaker 2: All right? Should I go to Richmond or no?
Speaker 1: Wall? So, I mean this might be the one time you go, so you might as well hit all the spots you want to hit up, you know, all right, I'll be interesting.
Speaker 2: Do use WhatsApp. I'm gonna do this. I'm gonna do the cell phone thing where I'm gonna have to pay the twelve dollars a day.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you I message on Wi Fi, you're fine.
Speaker 2: But so do what I do.
Speaker 1: Then just turn my phone off just to put it on airplane mode and then hit the Wi Fi button. Really yeah, Okay, that way whenever you're a WiFi spot, like if you go your hotel or if a pub has it maybe, or like you, maybe a train station. I remember if the tube head WiFi or not, you can you can connect and then you're good.
Speaker 2: All right? Oh, and you notice that Tim was happy that I had that express Your friend Tim, My friend Tim was happy that I had that express payment thing on my iPhone for when I use it too.
Speaker 1: You Apple Py, Yeah, yes, yeah, because you could just tap and go instead of having to buy an actual ticket an oyster cod is they like to call.
Speaker 2: It an oyster cod. Yes, I should buy my ticket today.
Speaker 1: Huh. He probably should because you know you're going tomorrow and you probably would have happened and probably was cheaper last month when I told you to buy it the first time, then the date before you're going? All right, Andrew?
Speaker 2: You know God, But what's that out here in the distance. No, it's not the queen, it's not the king. It's me.
Speaker 1: This is where we read actual misconnections from Washington, DC dot, Craigslist dot or see who's freaker is it DC?
Speaker 2: Maryland or Virginia?
Speaker 1: And I you know what, I'm kind of gonna change it up.
Speaker 2: You're gonna put London.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna see if London has a Craigslist.
Speaker 2: There's no way London has a crag.
Speaker 1: Let me put London in here and see what London it does. You've been show miss connections, Eric, were switching.
Speaker 2: It was like two.
Speaker 1: They probably filter.
Speaker 2: It a lot. Dies on Central Line.
Speaker 1: Oh, Queensway to Bold Street streets Sunday, all right, all right, uh Eric, this might be a long shot. We had Detroit. We were on the Central lawne today Sunday, fourth May, around eleven twenty am in London.
Speaker 2: You and your friend born in at Queensway.
Speaker 1: I let you go on the I don't know what this accident is. On the give out a medium to dark skin tone, long curly hair like great trousers, trousers in a navy rock sect. You went with an older lady suitcase across from you and we exchanged a few gances. I was wearing a light blue sweater, jeans, carrying.
Speaker 2: A small bag. I'm bold.
Speaker 1: I got off the Bond Street and you continue on your journey.
Speaker 2: I wish i'd say so good by the change you see this. I'd really love to talk. It's really descriptive. Seriously, you smiled at King Street petrol station on Monday evening. Blackburn, blackburn, Oh there you go. What you doing is blackburn? Look just too. I'm looking for a girl who smiled at me on Monday May's Monday, April seventh, the seventh of April, the seventh of April, the King Street petrol station at approximately nine thirty pm. You were in a blue VW Gulf with light blue wheels in the front passenger seat. I was you're left in the gray Pegone two o seven. I've been thinking about you the whole time. If you're reading this, please contact me. Thanks up gone two o seven. Isn't that a hypercar? You get?
Speaker 1: What two o seven? Oh no, no, it's not.
Speaker 2: That looks like a Ford photo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like. Well, there you go. There's only them and so they don't do. Actually, let's see what else we got in here for London on craiglist, you know, carpools, childcare groups, Ransom ray good rants and raves, ranso and rays. All right, rand raise, all right, nothing, nothing, all right? Well that was oh well an eventful do they have actually? Hold on, I keep talking and keep talking.
Speaker 2: Wod he's looking over in discussion forums, I think you should hit politics and community and see what happened.
Speaker 1: But that's UK.
Speaker 2: You did, UK, buddy. I don't know. Let's see what jobs they've got, What jobs they've got? Oh, you're typing in sex?
Speaker 1: Okay, nothing, so sorry, sorry I looked for you, all right. I will tell you this is my last piece of advice for you to go to London. Do not take a photo inside the photo booth or in the phone booth, would I because that is where homeless people sleep in pitshad yeah, So do not go in there. And if you see any ads in the bottom and say you want a good time, do not call those numbers either, well, Doug, because they are looking for you, tracking you and will hunt you down, hunt me down.
Speaker 2: I swear to you. Okay, I'm a man in particular skills. I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, excited. Well, the next week's let's get weird. There won't be one. We're gonna save it till Eric comes back in Yeah yeah, so be back in two weeks. That's when this podcast will be back. They'll have Axit in it and we'll see the shenanigans. Eric got up to any lady of the knights and any queens and yal highnesses he might have brushed past.
Speaker 2: With All day, every day baby.
Speaker 1: But if you want to see Eric's adventures, which he should definitely post on social media, Sir Eric V.
Speaker 2: That's m R E r ic k V. He'll be in London, baby, London.
Speaker 1: If you want to see some good old, jolly old American adventures, follow Andrew Hoodie with why We'll be going to the Capitols game, Tony and we will see you there as we route for the Washington Capitals as they beat the Carolina Hurricanes.
Speaker 2: But have a great week. Always remember it's okay to be weird and sexy. It got weird, didn't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah,