Speaker 1: For our community connection and oh my goodness sakes, we're gonna learn a little bit about doe.
Speaker 2: How are we doing?
Speaker 3: Young lady?
Speaker 4: Got a full piece of college ruled paper.
Speaker 1: Laurie hearn'sworth us here today and of course always prepared, always smiling, always full of energy, all the things I wish I had, but you know I can, I can wish alrighty, So what do we do?
Speaker 3: We got so much good stuff going.
Speaker 4: On September in the beginning of the month, for sure, so much going on at the beginning of the month.
Speaker 5: But first off, Lemmings, do you want the good news or the bad news?
Speaker 3: Okay, good news, I'm here, you're.
Speaker 5: Here, Okay, there we go.
Speaker 4: And the bad news is we do have a big water water shut off on Thursday evening, which is tomorrow at nine pm. They are the public Works is replacing a fire hydrant, so it'll affect a wide variety places of Dewey, but definitely nine pm tomorrow there will be a water shut off and they'll do it as fast as they can, but hopefully most of the town won't even notice, you know, And they'll do it as quick as they can. But definitely need to get that out water shut off Thursday nine pm for.
Speaker 5: A couple of hours.
Speaker 1: All right, take your showers, take your bags, wash your dishes, wash your clothes, all before nine o'clock exactly were.
Speaker 3: Your self have?
Speaker 5: All right, So that's the bad news.
Speaker 4: But yes, so there's some fun stuff still going on in August, you know what I mean, Just a couple of things that I found. For the dueling bars that we have, the two bars that are separated by a nice patrograss, we have dobbies tonight has a shuffle board tournament, and the next door at back Roads, we have an eight ball tournament. Yes, I googled what eight ball was because I had no clue. Yeah, and so that's fun. Those are happening tonight. Go on their Facebook and find out more information if you like. The other thing we have is something really cool. I happened to know this couple and they're really nice. It's the second annual cornhole tournament and fish fry, and it's put on by Amanda and Zach Matthews.
Speaker 5: He is a local.
Speaker 4: Umpire, great guy, talented, wonderful man in town, really respected and they're just doing this fundraiser for the fourteen.
Speaker 3: Up girls in softball wonderful.
Speaker 5: And so it's Saturday, August twenty fourth.
Speaker 4: It does start at six pm, but you can also go to the Dewey Events and find it and get some more information.
Speaker 5: But it's really cool.
Speaker 4: Obviously it was a hit last year to be able to do it again this year, so that's another cool thing to support for Dewey. But if you want to talk about September besides my birthday, that's right, that's right, national holiday and that great song.
Speaker 5: But you know, do you know what goes on? You were excited?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we get this little thing where the cows just run all over the place.
Speaker 5: That's October, sir, October Okay. We have this long stretch of the highway.
Speaker 3: Oh miles and mile miles.
Speaker 4: Miles the Kansas, Oklahoma. It is the seventeenth annual.
Speaker 3: Cans over the Roads. It's a shoppers.
Speaker 5: All Highways seventy five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, from well was it from here all the way up to Copane passed there, all the way up to the Kansas. You keep going, but you just follow seventy five and find whatever your bargain completely and don't forget though, if you could just turn off on seventy five, we're going to be opening our whole downtown with all kinds of deals and stuff at the antique stores and food, and also the Free Fair.
Speaker 1: And they're going to host a few of the vendors for the one hundred miles sales.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, vendors, it's anything you wants hundred miles from Oklahoma to Kansas, you're gonna find it.
Speaker 5: And then again.
Speaker 4: Also of local people having their own garage sales. You'll have Jericho, which is kindling the heartbeat of downtown Jericho.
Speaker 5: I believe if you go on their Facebook, they have spots that they're opening up.
Speaker 4: You have down the Way that Carlotta Gordon owns the hotel down the way, the small Ranch, the Ranch it's called, and she's also has spots she has to sign out you try to speak with her about hopefully. I don't know if they have any open I just know that there are places in town that are trying to also accommodate for you to come into town and to sell.
Speaker 1: So you know, you mentioned the Free Fair, and they keep adding really cool things to it. So you've got like three or four days. I'll just go out, get some fresh air, take in the sights, and if you get a little warm. You know, there's playing exhibits indoors in the air conditioning.
Speaker 4: Love the inside, plenty of food. It starts on the third though, so that starts on the third. But the cell, of course, starts from the fifth through this. Yes, but you can start with the fair third through. It's third to the seventh. But the cool thing about the fair one hundred and tenth Annual Washington County Free Fair, something older than me.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, you.
Speaker 3: Jonvin, No, it might be a close riend.
Speaker 4: I'm look at me, flit in my mouth.
Speaker 5: But however, they changed. There's also a new theme. It's called the Sweet Life. Did you know?
Speaker 1: Changed it from hot dog eating to donut eating contest?
Speaker 4: Thank you for my introduction into Yes, I will be doing the donating.
Speaker 5: You know, of course I'm the donut lady.
Speaker 3: Why would donut lady your kid donut?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the kid donut.
Speaker 4: The ironic thing is that doughnuts aren't my thing. But for this, I have to do it. If I did not do this, I don't I'd be putting my eight ears slinging donuts.
Speaker 5: But I am gonna do it. I'm gonna have to find out what day is.
Speaker 4: But is the Washington Free Fair is the third through the seventh, and the inside is like you said, it's so chances to cool off. But on the outside they'll have vendors in there for food, and they also have all kinds of the animals.
Speaker 3: They have all kinds of educational opportunities for.
Speaker 5: Beyond, and that is what's cool.
Speaker 4: I'd have education with water pumps, you know, water things, you know off it's California girl with the Oki brain.
Speaker 6: I'd learn a.
Speaker 5: Little bit every fair.
Speaker 4: But after the fair, if you finish that there, we have Saturday The Lead Aint Dead, another car show, a cool car show, not like another, but we need them keep it going. So that's on the seventh though, and it starts it says eight am, but I believe it could be nine, but you can go to their Facebook two and find out.
Speaker 5: But it's Saturday to seventh.
Speaker 4: So we have the sales, the Free Fair, and the Lead Ink Dead all on that weekend.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: That is a monster lineup right there, and I think that it's easy to hit every bit of it.
Speaker 3: It's walking distance exactly, very easy walking.
Speaker 5: And one hundred miles just dry that right.
Speaker 4: But that but they lost that spot right there across from the journey home, So maybe the accidents will be curved because that was a crazy spot right there. But other than that, I have other things that that are fun, but they're just little stuff that you have to come into town, like hanging out at our local parks that were that are super fun.
Speaker 3: You're getting improvements all the time.
Speaker 4: Because that leads into my Friends the Dewey the parts of it we have. We met up with Nicole Cetterfild. She is doing the all of the basically the outside stuff for I do want to say they're going to start marking off, but we're going to intentively wait. But once you start seeing the pink lines on the ground, that's when we know that all that stuff is coming coming completely. So look for the pink lines out in the park at the Corners Park downtown Dewey and then that's when you know things are really going to start rolling.
Speaker 3: And if folks want to help out, they can they make a donation.
Speaker 4: Right still selling bricks, still having the donations on our website course the Friends of Dewey Parks dot org.
Speaker 5: You can find that and do donation or even buy a brick.
Speaker 4: Or we're also looking for people who want to donate their time and come.
Speaker 5: Help start our park.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 5: Why not? I mean weed eater, I got this.
Speaker 4: I know nobody lets me use power tools or anything like that, but I definitely am going to be there to see this come into fruition.
Speaker 5: I can't wait. It's exciting.
Speaker 3: This is really cool, you know.
Speaker 1: So folks, if you if you haven't been just five miles north of town to do it here in a while, make it well worth your time and effort, and make sure that you hit all the spots, because all of them are worth dropping by.
Speaker 5: Saying I especially well.
Speaker 4: And I don't know if you see the shirt I have on today, sir, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Legalize Marinera.
Speaker 4: This is in honor of our local pizza shop that we have in town, Simple Simon's, and it is owned by Randy Jones and her family, and she's really part of our you know, community.
Speaker 5: She loves to do stuff for the children.
Speaker 4: She's part of the Boys and Girls Club, and she's really active in and all of her recycling and stuff.
Speaker 5: So it's an honor of her because you know, I don't want to be political.
Speaker 4: I don't want to, but we need to legalize the marijuana Marinaria. They told me the sauce, the sauce.
Speaker 5: I knew i'd bomb the joke.
Speaker 3: It's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 5: It's only other than that. I feel like we're going to have a really good few weeks here.
Speaker 3: I know, y'all. I mean, you know, they don't call it doing America for nothing.
Speaker 5: Tom Dewey, Yes we.
Speaker 3: Can, yes, you know, Uh, folks, what what is the website?
Speaker 1: Folks want to just go to the Dewey website because you got everything on Guy's.
Speaker 5: Been working hard on now the friends of Dewey Parks.
Speaker 4: Yes, go on the website because it is We've got it up going and you have all the questions that you need, you know answered will be on there at least phone numbers to access to for any of the questions you have. That is the best resource is our website.
Speaker 5: Can we donate one hundred percent? You can?
Speaker 3: Alrighty, Hey, thanks for being with us, Laurie, Thanks there.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, thanks for listening to one on one of the professional a paid presentation of fourteen.
Speaker 3: Hundred k one.
Speaker 7: This is news from the Oklahoma News Network. A group of Republicans state representatives have signed on to a letter calling for a special investigation into state school superintendent Ryan Walters.
Speaker 6: Rexo says that Mark McBride of Moore wrote the letter and sent it to House Speaker Charles McCall yesterday. McBride says since taking off as eighteen months ago, Walters has exhibited rogue behavior and shown a pattern of overreach, regard for legislative oversight and policymaking, and lack of concern for student safety and budgetary stability. Seventeen other Republican House members have signed on to the letter.
Speaker 7: I'm reck Zodes, a mother and father now charged with second degree murder in the child abuse death of their seven year old daughter. Lisa Mitchell and Anthony Yonco had taken their daughter to a hospital in Midwest City, but she was dead when they arrived. Authorities say the child was malnourished and weighed only twenty five pounds. I'm Eric Lakham. This is the onn the Oklahoma News Network.
Speaker 8: You always thought you knew the risks, that you were fully aware of the cost to your health, but I few realize that smoking can cast diabetes to take over your life. If you smoke, you have up to a forty percent higher risk of getting type two diabetes than nonsmokers. Don't take that chance.
Speaker 2: Now through November thirtieth, get eight weeks of free patches, gum or lozenges from the Oklahoma Tobacco Helpline Call one eight hundred quit or visit Okayhelpline dot com.
Speaker 9: Have you lost Oklahoma Sooner Care? At healthcare dot gov, you can find a low cost, quality health plan.
Speaker 2: Do plans cover doctor visits?
Speaker 6: What about emergency care?
Speaker 3: And prescriptions?
Speaker 5: All covered?
Speaker 2: And more?
Speaker 9: Plus with the new law, four out of five customers can find a plan for ten dollars or less per month. With financial help, healthcare dot gov is here for you. Enrolled today,