Speaker 1: All right, you guys want to know what Ta's new favorite things are. She's got two things that she's ranting and raven about.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: She's not as bad as me, though, You're like, when I something I discovered knew, I can't wait, tell everybody about it, every I can't wait. I just can't wait. But Tricia's a little more subtle about these things.
Speaker 3: Right, I just wait until you get my own break on the radio. Tell everybody I got all right, So this is when Sandie, I highly recommend that you go follow these people. The Instagram site is Casey.
Speaker 2: C A S. E. Y.
Speaker 3: In the letter in Rashad are a shady. It's a husband and wife team. The guy Rashad kind of this young guy, not like an older guy, is obsessed with his lawn obsessed. They live outside of some cities, in some suburban neighborhood and he goes outside and he runs his fingers through his grass and just says, look how thick it is. His wife is recording him all the time because she thinks he's so ridiculous. When he mos, he mos extra stripes. He makes his lawn have stripes in it. He has a lawn log that you can go back through his He can go back through his phone and see what day, what year he put down a certain kind of fertilizer or growth spread or whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at this page right now on Instagram.
Speaker 2: He is hilarious.
Speaker 3: So the very first video I saw, he and his wife were sitting in their living room one evening about dusk, watching TV, and his wife started videoing him and said, honey, lock out the window. And when you look out their window, you can see directly across the street to their neighbor, their neighbor they refer to as their number one lawn op and their neighbor was unboxing in the driveway, they think, just so Rashad could see a brand new lawnmower. Oh no, he about lost his mind. But he was trying to be real cool about it. Ye Like, he was all, it's fine, let him do what he's got to do. But then he would get it get away from him a little bit, and he'd go, I'm gonna have to go get one of those zero escape lawnmowers.
Speaker 2: And then he'd be like, but it's okay, it's all right.
Speaker 3: Then he was standing at the window trying to peek out the window trying to figure out what kind it was, and he was like, I think it's electric, could be gas.
Speaker 2: I mean, it goes on and on.
Speaker 1: Here are some titles to some of his videos. Rashad's method to protect his grass seed from birds, which is funny. Uh huh. Rashad assessing the damage to the lawn after getting a new roof. Let's see what does this one say? Rashad got another chance to use old Sally that's his snowblower.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I shot.
Speaker 1: He and I could be boys.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: But he tries to be real laid back. He clearly thinks he's the king of the lawn game and whatever suburban neighborhood they live in. And so one day he was out and he was out there for like three hours perfecting his lawn with the stripes. And as soon as he came in, Op number one went out and started mowing, and he was beside himself number one finished, Rashad went back out for his victory lap with his edger, just to let him know, I see you, buddy.
Speaker 1: This is pretty funny. One is more recent videos is titled Suburban Black Father Lawn Chronicles Part five.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: It's a hilarious I love a guy that takes some pride in his land, in his yard.
Speaker 3: And I replied to one of his videos and I was like, how in the world am I so invested in this suburban lawn feud?
Speaker 1: Is that the one you said that you're the lawn maintenance in his neighbor's lawn revival update?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know which one I commented on.
Speaker 3: I just comment on on one that Now I've got to like, I need to know what Op Number one's response is gonna be.
Speaker 1: You know what, You're not alone. I mean, he's got a lot of followers. That's funny.
Speaker 2: One of the things that's so just funny.
Speaker 3: He's not trying to be funny, like his wife is recording him because she thinks it's ridiculous, But he is fully invested in it.
Speaker 2: He's not being hall waka wakahha fuddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's hilarious. Try it again or try to follow it.
Speaker 3: Casey in rushshot ce A S E Y the letter N and r A s h A D on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, Trista, we don't have time for the second one unless you can do it in thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Blue dots.
Speaker 3: People, I decorated with our balloons for our daughter's sixteenth birthday. And how have I decorated anything without those teeny tiny adhesive glue dots.
Speaker 1: That don't take pain off your don't take.
Speaker 2: Paint off your while you don't have to have a pen. Oh my gosh, those have changed my life. What else can I decorate?
Speaker 1: Glue dots? Blue dots available everywhere. Stay with us. More coming up. Tricia's got the story we love and just a moment. It's tender update right, the daily and app.
Speaker 2: It kind of it relates to a lot of stuff, not just dating apps.
Speaker 1: Right. I am happy to report that yesterday. Guys, it's a good chance for mine. Fellas, get your physical scheduled. Go get your physical with your doctor, do it once a year. And I'm happy to report perfect blood.
Speaker 2: Pressure, perfect blood first time in.
Speaker 1: My life, first time in all my life.
Speaker 2: Don't even have to be in your blood pressure.
Speaker 1: No, I don't have to take my blood pressure medicine anymore. And I am so excited about that. Yeah, I mean I've been on blood pressure medicine since I was like sixteen. Yeah, and now I've lost some weight, started exercising, and I don't have to take it anymore.
Speaker 2: It's amazing what exercise it is.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Guys exercise ladies is important, but guys are notorious for not going to get their physical right.
Speaker 3: I just did a story the other day about things that doctors hate to hear, and one of them is when a guy comes in and he goes.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to come, but my wife made me no. That's not a good sign.
Speaker 1: Not good. So do that today, fellows slept wrong button. I see, I'm all excited about my blood pressure truck.
Speaker 2: Your blood pressure's gonna go.
Speaker 1: My blood freursure is gonna go skyrocket, It's gonna go through the roof, and I'm gonna stroke out right here on the radio, I say that I know I don't need that at all. Here Stories we Love.
Speaker 2: Now coming from the Lester Hoold Studio. My dear friend and p C from time to time. Tricia Delicia, it's.
Speaker 3: My friend Jack in Crime. Okay, so I've never been on Tender, thank god. But apparently six years ago Tender pranked everybody with an April Fool's joke by saying they were adding a height verification feature in order to bring honesty back to dating. Okay, that was an April school joke that did not happen. But they are testing a feature to allow people to filter you out by height. People can now put in what their height preferences are. Oh that's smart, and to bring honesty back to dating. They aren't enforcing what height you report, but they are allowing women to choose if they want to have a minimum height requirement.
Speaker 2: Whoever it is that they're looking for.
Speaker 1: What would your minimum height requirement? I'm six feet minimum minimum six foot?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe five to nine definitely. Yeah, I'm talking about like five nine six feet.
Speaker 1: So what are you? Five four and five four? So what a taller d is?
Speaker 2: I want to tall? I think I like a tall man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got one right here, that one by you.
Speaker 3: Somebody who took a picture of us somewhere and I was like, I look like a dwarf next to you, and you're like, well, you're very small, you.
Speaker 1: Are little, You're little.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a tall man. Climb right on it. So that's the new thing that Tinder is doing. They have their height filter.
Speaker 3: Some people are up in arms over this, obviously, but I think that of all my friends who are on these dating apps are like they it's never a current profile picture. They're never as tall as they say they are, right, They're always older than they say they are.
Speaker 2: So I think that why do you do that? I know, because you're not going to find out.
Speaker 1: You're starting your possible relationship up on false pretense and lies. Well, I'm really not fifty three. I'm sixty five.
Speaker 3: Right and I'm only five, So it's not if you met me in person, right, you'd get over it.
Speaker 2: So this is not new technology.
Speaker 3: Hinge Let's its paid users filter by height, So I don't think you're.
Speaker 1: All measurements like you can what bust size you're looking for, hip size, shoe size.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I love it that the new generation is getting farther and farther away from the dating apps and like they're bringing it back around to meeting people in person, because I mean, it doesn't matter how great somebody looks on it on their app, on their page, you meet them in person and you know within five seconds.
Speaker 1: Right, All these revamps and changes and stuff are a sign that their people are going away from it, because they're adding features to draw people back in right, right, right, that's the story we love stay with us. More coming up. Okay. So every day I walk a trail and on my long days, I do just over five miles. On my short days, I do just over two miles. And the other day I'm out of my long walk and I'm probably tell you exactly how far long. I was about an hour into it, right, and I see this woman walking towards me, and I'm like, she looks really familiar. I've got my uh my AirPods in my ears. I'm listening to something and I'm approaching her, and I'm getting closer and closer, and I get right next to her about the cross path, and I take my AirPods out and I go, Hey, what's up? And she goes hi and just kept walking. She did not recognize me.
Speaker 2: And I thought she was coming up to talk to you.
Speaker 1: I thought she would stop and we would have a short visit. It's a woman that I interviewed once for a podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh you do you do know?
Speaker 1: Yes? I interviewed her and we have some things in common and we had a really really good conversation about off you know, off the air, about things, you know what I mean. And I saw her, I was kind of excited to visit with her again, because she's a really interesting woman. She didn't remember me from Adam and listen, friends, once you spend a little bit of time, I'm tough.
Speaker 2: To forget, right, just just based on.
Speaker 1: What you'd look like exactly, tall, bald head.
Speaker 2: Bright shoulders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a unique looking person. Yes, And she and I thought, well, I'm going to go to the end of my walk and turn around. And then I first I was like, what is her name? What is her? And I remembered her name, and then I was like, I'll see her because she's gonna walk that way, She'll turn around, come back this way. Wrong, didn't see her.
Speaker 3: She kept going, Yeah, clearly made a great impression on her.
Speaker 1: It was so embarrassing. And then I just laughed about it.
Speaker 3: But it was your dabber down a little bit that you're like, O though we had a great conversation.
Speaker 1: She didn't. You know, I got to give her some leniency in that. Who knows what was going on in her head. She could have been zoned out on something or thinking about something and just walking by, or didn't want to talk or anything like that.
Speaker 3: You know what you were if she if she thought that you were just telling her hell low, because you know, when you walk on the trail, as you pass people, you go good morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hi, happiest people in the world are on the trail.
Speaker 3: You were, you were excited guy. She probably thinks every person you pass you're off hollow. You're that guy.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're right. But that's Has that been your experience on the trail to always happy people?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean no, I've never went into anybody who's not nice, right, But I'll say hi to people and they just look at me and keep going, and I'm like, rude. I don't know if it's my country roots growing up, my grandfather. Whenever you pass anybody on the road, you do a little wave to him, you know what I mean, you would acknowledge, you would say good morning, have a good day when you go in and out.
Speaker 2: Of the stores and stuff like that. I still do that.
Speaker 3: And the older I get, the fewer and fewer people return it, return that which I saw.
Speaker 1: That makes me do it even more. Yeah, I say hi to everybody on the trail, people.
Speaker 2: We pass, I mean, especially if it make eye contact.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then after a while you see the same people and you get the same routine. Like me and this one guy. He's a runner and I see him all the time, and he gives me the the like not the peace sign, but the fingers together when he.
Speaker 3: Runs by Harley Davidson's sign. No, just like this, whoh know how Harley david says, guy's do a little oh no.
Speaker 1: He brings it up like, you know, like to his face and just like heye see you, but I'm running, not gonna say anything, but I see ya.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, it was just super embarrassing. But next time I see that woman, I'm jumping in front of her.
Speaker 2: Good lady, lady, my god, you were gonna remember me?
Speaker 1: Stick around. We've got more coming up. I asked Tricia if she thought, uh, seventy five percent would be too high or too low of people that love their first name. Tricia guess that would be too high. Tricia, as usual, It is correct. Trisa is just right. Too often makes me mad. Forty people love their first.
Speaker 2: Name, really love it, love their first name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you think Horatio is one of those guys. Horatio Sands remember him from Sarah Dowdy likes his first name. I know if your name is Horatio uh, six percent don't like their name, thirty one percent like it, nineteen percent like name. Whatever, yeah whatever, dang ying ying yang man whatever. Tricia got herself a stripper.
Speaker 2: Name, got my Tricia Nicole. Yeah, but myself a stripper name for sure.
Speaker 3: Didn't realize it was a stripper name till I don't know, like five ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, next up on the main stage, le guys, please make welcome Tricia Nicole.
Speaker 2: She goes by Tricia. I'm not helping myself with Tricia.
Speaker 1: To listen, you're really mad.
Speaker 2: I'm perpetuating, man.
Speaker 1: I had a weird childhood with my name because my birth name, my government name is Alexander. And now, for some of you, you probably don't know this, and a lot of people don't believe me when I tell you, but look it up. It is true. Sandy is the nickname for Alexander. Like, how do you get Sandy out of Alexander? Hey, Bill out of William?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: How do you get Bob out of Robert? How do you get Dick out of Richard? You know, you just you don't, But that's what it is. So growing up, I was always Sandy around the house. But when I and I got rassed a lot by kids for being Sandy. And I'll tell you a whole story about that and a guy and Uncle Sam hatt in just a second. So what I did when I was at school, I was Alex right. Teachers kids at school, neighborhood, at home, I was Sandy Right. That was until fourth grade.
Speaker 2: Did some of those kids at the school in the neighborhood overlap.
Speaker 1: And I had to remember, funny, I went to a private school, and so all the other kids were mostly public schoolkids, and so it didn't really mix up. Only one Gerald, my next door neighbor. He went to school, We went to school, and so that got kind of confusion. And then when we moved from California to Nebraska, I was I ditched the Alex thing and just went full on Sandy because I was big enough and strong enough to defend myself against it's mockery against mockery. So I'll tell you a funny story. Though I was probably I don't know, five or six years old. How I take Zachielo. It's because it was nineteen seventy six, so I was eight, okay, and that was the year of the Bisentennial. That's why I remember it because I was at this daycare when I was eight years old, and there was a guy at the daycare who was like an older kid that worked there.
Speaker 2: You know, like a part time John teenager.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And we were in the sandbox and he had on a big red, white and blue Uncle Sam top hat, and he kept throwing sand at me, and he kept going, Sandy, Sandy, you must like sand, You must like sand. It's a girl's name. And I'm not kidding you. I'm eight years old and I'll never forget. I was crouched down digging in the sand with like my hands and stuff. He was directly across me, and in my eight year old head, I said, if that sob throws one more thing of sand at me, I'm going to attack him. Guess what he did.
Speaker 2: Torpedoed him, didn't you.
Speaker 1: He threw a handful of sand at me, and I went at him like a spider man. I knocked him. Oh, he was not expected. And I shot across that sandbox and put a shoulder in his chest, knocked him off, knocked his uncle Sam hat off, and I went to wailing on him. Next thing I know, I've got teachers all over me, pulling me off of him, bloodied his nose. Oh God, sent home. I sent home. My mother picked me up. Wait till your dad gets home. Told my dad what happened. He said, good, good for you, Good for you.
Speaker 2: That's what happened on my not to storytop.
Speaker 3: You're not trying to storytop, but I'm thinking, no, that's a pretty good one. But you and I both we were meant for each other because we caused some problems in daycare. My very first day of daycare, I'm six, and I called somebody a butthole.
Speaker 2: And I got put in time out for the rest of the day. And they almost were like, she can't come back. They gave me a second chair for butthole for but hole.
Speaker 1: You're six, Yeah, learned that from I guess.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess so Hey, at least you weren't a bier.
Speaker 3: Oh did you bite someone? But our daughter, my daughter did in pre k she bit somebody.
Speaker 2: I thought she was going to get kicked out. Oh what's look in our jeans or something? What's wrong with this?
Speaker 1: We don't want to be the bier.
Speaker 2: Mackay's stay with us.
Speaker 1: We've got more coming up.