Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is sponsored by LA Care Health Plan, providing affordable healthcare insurance to millions of Angelinos for over twenty five years. And now your voice for Dodger Talk. Like back, Damn Kates.
Speaker 2: Dodgers come back and get the win, a much needed victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates as they get the sweep and they pick up a game in the division. Hi, everybody, Welcome to postgame Dodger Talk here on AM five to seventy, LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Tim Kates with you here until the top of the hour. Phone lines are wide open. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy If you were at the game today at Dodgers Stadium and you'll want to talk about it eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy fifty three hundred and eighty nine in attendance for Matt Kemp bobblehead Day. It was Matt Kemp Day overall at the Ravine as he signs his one day contract retire officially from the game of baseball, where he belongs in a Dodger uniform. Matt Kemp ten seasons wearing Dodger blue spent some time in San Diego, of course, with Atlanta, brief time in Cincinnati and Colorado, but he'll forever be a Dodger for what he did from two thousand and six through two thousand and fourteen, and then again in twenty and eighteen late in his career when he was an All Star at the age of thirty three. Matt Kemp day out of Dodger State. We'll hear from Matt his comment at the ceremony coming up later on here in Dodger Top, but I want to hear from you at eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy.
Speaker 3: A lot to digest from this one.
Speaker 2: I think Dave Roberts and his postgame press conference kind of summed it up nicely, and I'm gonna paraphrase what he said here.
Speaker 3: It's nice to get the win.
Speaker 2: It's hard to get victories in baseball, but certainly they have a lot to work on after today's win. And he's absolutely right. The Dodgers jumped out to a two to nothing lead. Dodgers went up four to nothing after two innings, and Tyler Glass now was pitching fantastic a one two three first a one two three second, got into trouble with two out to the third, given up a two run home run to Andrew McCutcheon, but that was it. Battled in the fourth, battled out of a base runner in the fifth, the sixth inning, walked around, worked around a two out walk. The seventh inning a leadoff double, but then he was able to get a couple of ground ball outs and a strikeout to end the inning.
Speaker 3: He was at sixty six pitches through five innings. Very efficient.
Speaker 2: He threw a total of ninety eight pitches over seven innings, two runs, five hits, four strikeouts, one walk, and the Dodgers gave the ball to the bullpen for the final two innings, the final six outs, and they couldn't hang on to a four to two lead. The Dodgers were down five to four after the top of the tenth inning, in which Brian Reynolds hit an RBI single to bloop one into left field and give the Pirates their first lead of the game. But momentum swung back the Dodgers' way, and it started with keyk Hernandez RBI double tying it and then two Oscar Hernandez with an absolutely brilliant piece of hitting. What Taoscar Hernandez has meant to this Dodgers team, I don't think.
Speaker 3: You can put a price on it right now.
Speaker 2: We talk about the amount of money that was spent in free agency across baseball this past offseason, and certainly the Dodgers were right there at the top. Sho hey O, Tani Yoshinobu Yamamoto, the two signings we all know about and what kind of money they were given. Tascar Hernandez signed a one year deal basically for the qualifying offer twenty twenty one million dollars. Taoscar Hernandez is not a rookie. Taoscar Hernandez is not a guy who hasn't been in the league and been a productive player.
Speaker 3: He has been.
Speaker 2: He's just been in Toronto and Seattle. Comes to LA on a one year deal, where he reportedly had other spots that had multi two three year deals. Signs with the Dodgers on a one year deal bets on himself that he is going to be productive and a lineup with superstars, in a lineup where he may be hitting fifth, sixth, seventh, but playing the outfield in one of the corner spots, and what ta Oscar Hernandez has done has been unbelievable. And then you throw on what he did at the All Star Game with the home run derby and the July in August that he is now having taking his offensive production to the next level. Tao's hitting two seventy five on this season, but Tascar Hernandez in the month of July, in the month of August has absolutely exploded. In the month of July, he hit three to ozho one with fourteen home runs and drove in with four home runs in fourteen RBIs in August so far hitting four thirty eight with four home runs, and now what nine RBIs on this season? Ten RBIs in the month. His offensive production has absolutely helped this Dodgers team when others have been hurt and when others have struggled to walk off hits for the Dodgers this season alone, what his bad is meant as far as the home runs extending innings, ta Oskar Hernandez, you can make a case has been one of the most valuable players on this Dodgers team. Rookie Betts goes down, Taskar Hernandez moves up in the lineup Max Muntz. He's been out, Tiascar Hernandez moved up in the lineup, Taoscar's asked to play right, Okays asked to play left. All right, Taskar's has to hit third, sure, ta Oscar's has to hit fourth.
Speaker 3: No problem.
Speaker 2: He has done everything they've asked him to do, and he's been successful at doing it. He has been great for this Dodgers team and the production that he has produced for the Dodgers on this six game homestand alone four hundred average ten for twenty five, three home runs, four doubles, eight ribbis and scored eight runs. That was in the last six games against the Phillies and the Pirates of four hundred average, three home runs, four doubles.
Speaker 3: Eight ribbies, eight runs.
Speaker 2: He has been great and he gets the walk off RBI single today.
Speaker 3: Now, as Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: Alluded to, you win the game, you celebrate that, you're happy for the fact that you picked up a game on the Padres in the standings, and you're now three and a half games up on both the Padres and the Diamondbacks in the division.
Speaker 3: But I think Dave Roberts is absolutely right.
Speaker 2: This shouldn't have been as close, and some things weren't very good for the Dodgers today, including the bullpen letting it get away in the eighth inning, a bullpen that yesterday was asked to get what almost five innings of relief combined, and they get the win today. Tyler Glass now goes seven innings for the ninth time this year he has pitched at least seven innings. He hands it all over to the bullpen for the final six out and the bullpen gives it up. Then there's the production from sho Hey Otani. And as much as I love show Hey and what he's done, show Hey today had four opportunities to bust open this game for the Dodgers. He had an opportunity the tenth inning to walk it off for the Dodgers. He goes one for six today with a triple, his fifth of the season. His triple, by the way, he got stranded at third, nobody could drive him. In the second inning, Otani comes up one out, runners on second and third, Unable to produce for the Dodgers. Fourth inning, he comes up runners in scoring position less than two outs.
Speaker 3: Couldn't get it done.
Speaker 2: The eighth inning comes up and pops out with runners in scoring position, comes up in the tenth inning with a chance to win the game after Key k Hernandez tied it, Kei k standing at second base and Otani unable to produce in the tenth inning zero for four with runners in scoring position. Today was Showy Otani one for six. He was in the box score and the Dodgers collectively, sure they get the win. Keik has the RBI double to tie it, Tay Oscar the RBI single to win it. You take those two hits away. The Dodgers before that were three for seventeen with runners in scoring position. Again, three for seventeen with runners in scoring position. And then I'm gonna throw in some offense where the Dodgers failed to move guys over, the offense that failed to get a butt down Kevin Kiermeyer. These are little things that add it up today and almost cost the Dodgers. And that's what Dave Roberts is alluding to. Sure the win is great. Yeah, you're happy with the victory, no doubt, because they're hard to come in baseball, and you celebrate the sweep over the Pirates. Absolutely, but it feels like you're sort of putting a little bit of lipstick over what was today an ugly win. You take the win, you celebrate it, no doubt you're happy on that flight, heading out to start a seven game road trip. Little team bonding, getting Mookie Betts back, Gonna get Walker Buehler back in some form later on this road trip, right around the corner on the next homestand Tommy Edmond's gonna make his Dodgers' debut. We expect to see Max Munsey come back from his oblique injury. That's all great, but there was some There was some not so great things today from the Dodgers. The bullpen, the lack of hitting with runners in scoring position, and just finishing off this Pirates team. When you are three for seventeen in this game and you were holding a four to nothing lead and then a four to two lead, you gotta be able to put more runs on the board and start stacking up runs and separating yourself from the Pirates. Finish them off, make them walk the plank early in this game, don't give them any hope, drag them out to see and let them just fall to the bottom. That's what you need to do when you're up on a team like the Pirates or anybody up to nothing of four nothing after the second inning, and you've got chances. The Dodgers had runners on base and left them there in the fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth inning. I believe the ninth inning is the only inning they went one two three in offensively.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, they had a single from Lux with two outs to the ninth. Okay, so they even had a single with two outs from Gavin Lux before Rojas flied out to end that bottom half of the ninth inning. So they did have runners on virtually every inning. Finish off teams, deliver with runners in scoring position, get those big hits, put the butt down when asked to put it done instead of popping up to the cat. Sure, these little things can cost you games, and almost cost them today. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back. We'll get to your phone calls, and we'll hear from Matt Camp on his special day as he signs a one day deal with the Dodgers, coming home and retiring where he needs to be, wearing Dodger blue. Eight six six ninety seven, two five seventy is our phone number. Dodgers win it in ten innings. Yes, they come back and beat the Pirates six to five. Right here on M five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: AM five seventy LA Sports be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk all of those things. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: We're streaming online.
Speaker 1: We stream every game too.
Speaker 3: Come find it.
Speaker 1: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 4: Oh two to tay Oscar.
Speaker 1: Twigs pace your.
Speaker 3: Right field rounding third kick. Here's the crowd of the plate and is right. Dodgers win it.
Speaker 5: Take us to Hernandez with his sixth career walk off.
Speaker 3: Hit that the Dodgers sweep the Pirates.
Speaker 2: So there's sixty nine win of the year. Dodgers with the walk off win thanks to Tascar Hernandez the RBI single with two outs two strikes in the bottom half of the tenth inning, Dodgers win. It's six to five as they get the sweep over at Pittsburgh and they are now twenty games over five hundred again on the season, now sixty nine and forty nine and with the Padres losing, the Dodgers now three and a half games up on both the Padres and the Diamondbacks. Daniels Jewelers is the official sponsor of the trip around the diamond Stop by any Daniel's locations and say home run for your free team braceleting fifty dollars gift card towards any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more. Daniels Jewelers own the dream A quick injury updates. Dave Roberts, who we heard from in the Clubhouse Show, did tell reporters at the end of his media availability there an updates on River Ryan and River Ryan the Dodger right Hendrew came out with the game last night in the fifth inning with right forearm tightness. He had an MRI today had some further tests done. It is a strain of the UCL in his throwing arm. His season is done and according to Dave Roberts, surgery is a possibility, but a decision has not been made yet on exactly how they're going to proceed. So positive thoughts there for River Ryan and recovery and rehab for whatever he has done. If it's Tommy John surgery. If they elect to do a different route as far as surgery or rehab, hopefully he can get back quickly, stronger and better than where he was at. And he was having a fantastic rookie season after four starts for the Dodgers, So tough.
Speaker 3: Break for River.
Speaker 2: Ryan called up, gave the Dodgers everything they asked, pitched well in his four starts, left the game last night with the straight forum and officially now a UCL strain. Nine times out of ten that leads Tommy John on surgery, but you don't want to speculate at this point, they have not made a decision yet on how to proceed. All right, let's start with Hunter in New York. Gonna start us off here on Dodger Talk on a FI seventy high.
Speaker 3: Hunter, how are you very good?
Speaker 6: Thanks?
Speaker 7: Yeah, thanks for taking my call. I guess I have to immediately react.
Speaker 6: Ryan.
Speaker 7: That sucks. That's that's that's what we weren't hoping for, but we kind of suspected and yeah, just just a real bummer.
Speaker 5: I felt like this guy could have made a postseason roster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 2: It's just another Dodger pitcher back on the injured list and down with an arm inager. They seem to be piling up this year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's been a rough year with injuries, but you know, it feels like we're about to hit a big vibe shift with Dodgers baseball. Like we've grinded through it during the summer, but with Mookie and Munsey and Bueller coming back, I like, we're only a game back of having the best record in all of baseball, So a good chance he can have the number one overall sea despite like this brutal summer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you bring that up, Hunter, I thanks for checking in long distance from New York City. Yeah, Baltimore is seventy and forty nine. The Yankees are seventy and forty nine. The Cleveland Guardians are sixty nine and forty nine. The Dodgers and Phillies are both sixty nine and forty nine. As Hunter mentioned, the Dodgers are tied in the lost column with the Orioles and Yankees, but one game back for the best overall record, they're now tied with the Phillies' why I know, owns the tiebreaker with the Dodgers, but the Dodgers now put themselves in a good position now tied with the Phillies for the best record in the National League. So you have gone through the dog days of summer, certainly, you have been through the ups and downs of the injuries. Absolutely, And Hunter's right, and we talked about this the last few weeks. The Calvary's coming. Help is on its way, pitching wise, bullpen wise, everyday player wise, it's coming. And this roster and this lineup that we talked about a few weeks ago, and wow, how does this lineup go out there? With gavil Lux was hitting clean up and you had different guys out there that you know, we're on this roster to even start the season, and that's what Dodgers were rolling out there. Well, it's gonna look a lot different once everybody gets healthy, and that's what we're starting to see. And Mookie Betts is next up coming back on this next road trip. As I mentioned, Dave Roberts eluded, Tommy Edmond and Max Munsey looking good for the next homestand when the Dodgers come back to take on Justin Turner and the Mariners.
Speaker 3: So the Dodgers'.
Speaker 2: Normal looking lineup is starting to come into form, and we're gonna see it look a little different with Tommy Edmond in there as well, playing center field for the Dodgers. What does that mean for Andy pa Has What does that mean for a guy like James Outman in his future? Yeah, you only get twenty six guys on this roster, so playing times at a premium, and we're gonna start seeing guys fighting for playing time. Chris Taylor still on the injured list, Where does he fit into the puzzle? Kicky Hernandez is not everything You've asked to play a third base and produce offensively and had some big hits the last two weeks and since the All Star break has done everything right for you. It's hard to tell a guy like that, Hey, Max Munty's back, he's playing every day at third.
Speaker 3: You're out.
Speaker 2: Miguel Rojas gonna probably play it every day. In short, maybe he and keyk are the year not your shortstops rotating there. So there's a there's gonna be a logjam here, and we keep talking about it. It's coming, it's coming. You know the guys are gonna return, and you know there's gonna be roster spots for guys and some guys are gonna be without a spot. You know, the game of musical chairs. Somebody's gonna be left out here without a roster spot. Brad and mission Viaho is next up here on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 8: Hi, Brad, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 8: You know what the last few games Arizona's really ported on Philly. I mean they did a twelve spot to day after eleven yesterday and it helped the Dodgers ironically ty Philly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, snakes. We appreciate that while they're continuing to play well. If you can help take out some other people along the way, like the Phillies and help the Dodgers out, certainly you'll take it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're like six and nineteen now Philly with the Dodgers web.
Speaker 3: With two of those games being wins against the Dodgers.
Speaker 8: Certainly, right, of course, but that's what happens. Funny things happen. So I think I'll take that kind of thing before they waded into divisionally, because it's important to have the best record.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Brad appreciate the phone call talking about all these different players that the Dodgers are getting back from injuries and They're certainly going to get the lineup every day looking like it did early in this season. With the addition to Tommy Edmonds, it's going to look a little bit different now with him in center field, and very excited to see him in a Dodger uniform, with the injurier River Ryan, with Walker Bueller coming back. You look at this Dodger rotation right now, what is it Tyler Glass now, Gavin Stone, Jack Flaherty, Clayton Kershaw, Walker Buehler is your five starter? Is it Landon Knack? You know who's been recalled going to be that six starter. Dave Roberts alluded to a six man rotation over the course of this stretch, in which the Dodgers don't have an off day until the twenty second, so we could see the six man permitted as far as the rotation with Land and Nat coming back and Walker Buehler scheduled to come back as well off the injured list. But again, I temper my feelings with Walker Buller coming back just a little bit. I know he had a good outing in his last time out in Triple Oklahoma City, but certainly the Walker Bueler we remember from twenty eighteen in Game one sixty three, and what he did against the Rockies in that game, what he's done in the postseason in twenty twenty and has certainly been really good for the Dodgers. He has battled his butt back from another arm injury, and that's tough to do, and he's come back. He's not the same Walker Buehler. We just continue to hope he turns in to maybe a different Walker Bueler and morph into something that is even bigger and better. So we'll find out he's expected to join this rotation coming up here on this road trip in this series in Milwaukee. Let's go to Daniel in Tustin is next up here on Dodge Talk after the Dodgers walk off the Pirates six to five.
Speaker 9: How you doing, Daniel, Hey, good Jim, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 5: Bud. Yeah, Hey, I love your farm report. When you do that on day Dodger Day, Oh.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that day. That means a lot. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 9: I just want to let you know my kids and I were going on the next road trip. We have a red eye back to Milwaukee to go see the Dodgers in Milwaukee and then we're driving down to Saint Louis and see the Dodgers and Cardinals play nice.
Speaker 3: That'll be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: My suggestion is fine, David Masse and tell him to stay off the slide.
Speaker 5: You're totally right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 5: I see that Mookie BET's going to be back and everything, so we're hoping to see him.
Speaker 9: And yeah, maybe Clayton coach all pitch there in Saint Louis for us and everything, hopefully.
Speaker 3: I yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think he'll be in to see he pitches tomorrow, so yeah, they should see him maybe Saturday Sunday, depending if they go to the six man rotation. I would I would expect to see him yet maybe this weekend in Saint Louis.
Speaker 5: If he pitches tomorrow, Yeah, I'm kind of keeping my fingers crossed for Saturday. But what a great game today, man, I'm just we're really excited about going to see the Dodgers on the road trip. We went last year to call the Ratto to watch him and I have a blast.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Fun to be able to go out and do that, Daniel, I appreciate and have a lot of fun travel safe and calling from the road.
Speaker 3: This week.
Speaker 5: All right, definitely, we'll call you after a game.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: We expect that Daniel from Tussan's gonna give us a little road report as him and his family hit the road with the Dodgers, going to Milwaukee for four games, then off to Saint Louis. That's a lot of fun going on trips. We did that when when I was done with my family, my mom and dad always made sure we did baseball trips and whether it's major league parks or minor league parks. Through the cal League one summer with my dad, and then the course, going back east several times, seeing Fenway Parks, seeing Cooper's Town, see in New York, Philadelphia, going to different minor league spots in North Carolina, Wilmington, Delaware, doing different spots in Chicago.
Speaker 3: Of course, it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: It's a great thing whether you got sons or daughter, it's a great family thing to go do. And you can see cities, see the heart they have to offer, and see some exciting baseball.
Speaker 3: And you know, if you plant it right, you can plant it.
Speaker 2: Where the Dodgers are on the road and can catch a little Dodgers baseball away from Dodgers Stadium. Let's go to Andy and Lake Elison or appreciate you checking in from the nine to five to one Andy.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Hi, Kim.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about a few things that kind of got me worried. And I know we want today, but it was kind of scratched out. We should have won easily. But that being said is Mookie Bett is coming back and I think he definitely needs to go to his number one spot. And I know that Otani's going to go and stay at number one. But we played the guy seven hundred million dollars to clean house, not to be lead off and brought home. He's got to bring them all home. So I don't understand that part. And the other part is I just don't understand why pie Has is still playing.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, what, what do you do today? Andy?
Speaker 2: Pie Has delivered today. It was on base four times, a couple of walks. Come on, I mean, come on, Todgers today, get the six to five win.
Speaker 3: Andie p Has was was.
Speaker 4: Good to run that that that that home run. Edmunds would have caught that no problem.
Speaker 2: Well, come on, come on, Andy, I appreciate that home run. That would have been a great cat. If he makes it, he goes up the gloves on top of the wall, he's got to catch that ball, and with his momentum somehow not let his glove hit the top of the wall, which it did, and the ball came out. I mean that's a tough catch anywhere anybody, and he couldn't come down with it. It goes out for a home run. Oh well, Andy pi haz though today? What did he go two for three on base A couple more times with two walks? Andy Pott has today did what he needed to do in right field. Now is he gonna play every day? Moving forward?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 2: Number crunch. Some of these guys may not have his spots once Tommy Edmond gets there, I e. Andy pa has if he's not producing. You look around that clubhouse and you only get twenty six lockers, and you look around the outfield, you only get so many outfield spots, and you gotta start wondering who's the odd man out when Tommy Edmond comes back on that homestand it's not Jason Hayward. It's not to Askar Hernandez who's it gonna be. It's not gonna beat Kevin Kiermaier. They didn't trade for him in his final season, finally acquiring him.
Speaker 3: To give him up.
Speaker 2: So again, guys, whether they're producing here recently or haven't done it lately, maybe without a job, a spot on the roster and sent to Triple A if they're not on this team when the next homestand comes, when Tommy Edmand comes back and Max Munsey comes back. So again, I say it several times. We've been talking about it for several weeks. They're still gonna get to a point here where they only got twenty six spots and they got more players in spots, so they're gonna have to start making some decisions. And it's affecting the rotation, the bullpen and the everyday players. And if you're the Dodgers, this is not a bad problem to have at all. And some of these players you've asked to step up and play every day while the enj have bitten you. You know, we we thank you for your service, we thank you for your opportunity, but they may not be here. Nick, I'm ed I don't know what his role is gonna be. Once Mookie Bets gets activated, will he even get on the plane and go with the Dodgers to Milwaukee. I mean, David Vassay and I talked about in the pregame show yesterday that the Dodgers going to Milwaukee don't want to bring guys who aren't gonna be there Monday or Tuesday. They need to start thinking about who's gonna be on this roster, who they're gonna activate. And the guys who aren't gonna be with them are staying home, and they're not get on a flight right now from Lax going to Milwaukee. So we'll see who doesn't get on the plane. What the roster looks like tomorrow with Mookie Betts scheduled to come back, and again, what the rockster's gonna look like when Walker Buehler gets activated later on this road trip, And what's the roster gonna look like next week on the homestand when you know Tommy Edmund and Max Munsey are scheduled to come off the injured list. Let's go to Don in industry.
Speaker 6: Don, how you doing, buddy, great Tim, how are you doing on this great uh? Oh man? The wind up of a great weekend. I was just so happy to see, I mean, Peter O'Malley in putting his dad in the in the ring of honor, Dusty Baker. But Matt Camp. You know, they were talking about nicknames, Tim and I remember, all the great nickname is Frank Hondo, Howard, horse Height, Highwayman, Rick, Steve Carvey, a little Abnder, the penguin round and say, but Matt Camp, wasn't he the Bison?
Speaker 3: He might have been.
Speaker 10: Somebody used to.
Speaker 6: Call him that the Bison, And I was thinking, man, what a great name. We look at his profile. He looks so cool. That name was like right on, you know, But Matt the Bison Camp. What a great guy. How great to honor him. It's just a great for old timers like me. All the nostalgia is great. And I'm madam, so it feels so sorry for a river River Ryan Man. I sure hope he's he's okay, And uh, but yeah, that's Tommy John's no joke. Don't you miss a whole year after you get that.
Speaker 2: If you get at the case, it's fourteen months, you know, And that's that's looking at a shortcase.
Speaker 3: Don appreciated.
Speaker 2: So you hate to speculate, but if he does need Tommy John surgery, it sort of falls in the same window as Tony Gonsolin, I believe, who had surgery right around this time a year ago. And Gonsolin's missing all of twenty four, not gonna be back till next year, in twenty five.
Speaker 3: So you think of River Ryan.
Speaker 2: If he has surgery in the next couple weeks, Let's say he waits a month to see if he can rehab it, and let's hope that's something he can do, is try to rehab the UCL injury in this elbow and come back from that next season. But let's just also look at it if he's got to have Tommy John surgery, and we hope that's not the case, but you know, it's baseball, and it happens a lot. Now he's not coming back until twenty twenty six. He he's not coming back at the end of next year. They'll look like more like twenty twenty six, just like in the case of Walker Bueller, in the case of Tony Gonslin missing a good month and a year and almost two months of a season. So again with best thoughts and wishes for for River Ryan and the young man who now has a strain of the u CL and his right elbow, and we hope that he can rehabit and get back next year. Certainly, I imagine Tommy John surgery is an option as well.
Speaker 3: Is he be our final call?
Speaker 2: Before we hear from Matt Kemp, who earlier today was signed by the Dodgers to a one day deal and retiring in Dodger Blue. Hi, is he Matt? You're Matt Kimp fan. You're Matt kim fan growing up?
Speaker 1: Is he?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Well, actually I'm way old. Did the man I'm tippy fight. I grew up in the eighties, you know, yeah, I grew up in the ad. So but yeah, no, Hey, I receive Garvey baby Low.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be It's gonna be a fun road trip. Is he going to Milwaukee and St. Louis you excited?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Well, I'm still I'm so mad. It's silly toious. I'm so mad about today and with Dave Robbers said, I agree with him. I wouldn't say the same thing. They cannot let this happen. There was no excuse. They hadn't for nothing.
Speaker 7: Lean I know, is he?
Speaker 5: I know it?
Speaker 3: Oh frustrating, I know, but I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Is he great to hear from you. We're gonna hear from Matt Camp right now. It is Matt Camp Day. Matt Kemp bobblehead out of Dodger Stadium, fifty thousand and change at the ravine today for Matt Kemp and to honor him for what he meant in ten years in a Dodger uniform. Matt Camp, of course, came up as a Dodger in two thousand and six at the age of twenty one. He had that great twenty eleven season in which he hit three twenty four. He was robbed at the MVP by Ryan Brown, who cheated allegedly an All Star season, a Gold Glove season, a Silver Slugger season. He was an All Star three different times with the Dodgers, including his second set back in twenty eighteen at the age of thirty three. Today he signed a one day deal and it retires officially. Officially, Matt Kemp retires the Dodger and here he is at his pregame ceremony.
Speaker 11: This is pretty cool man. First off, I want to thank you know, my family for being here, all my friends to support me on this day. This is a very special day. I don't I don't think y'all really realize how I understand how much LA means to me and what it's done for me in my career and just even in.
Speaker 3: My life as a person.
Speaker 11: You know, I've had some great experiences here, had a lot of ups, a lot of downs, but you know, as a twenty one year old kid coming to LA from Oklahoma, this was this was My eyes were open a little bit wider being here in this city. But like I said, I've had some great, great, great moments, and I'm very thankful for you guys, and I'm thankful for the Dodgers organizations for believing in me and giving me a chance to live out my dream. I just don't think people realize how special it is to play in this stadium, how electric it is, and how how great the fans are here. You guys made each and every night here fun, legendary, and it's something that I'll never forget. So I'm glad to be here. I'm glad to be able to experience this, And thank you to the Dodgers organization for, you know, giving me this day and letting my family see. And I have a three year old daughter who gets to see this, doesn't even know I'm a baseball player. So she gets to come here and enjoy this and we get to have some fun and see some familiar faces. Love you guys, and I appreciate everything you've done.
Speaker 3: God, bless you, bless you. Thank you doing all right.
Speaker 2: There's Matt Kemp before the game, honored on Matt Kemp Day and the bibblehead in his likeness as he signed a one day deal with the Dodgers to retire officially as a member of the Blue organization, which he came up in sign with. Made his major league debut at the age of twenty one back in two thousand and six, played fifteen years in the major leagues. Tenovich were with the Dodgers all Star seasons three different times, was a top ten MVP candidate in two thousand and nine, runner up in twenty eleven, two time Gold Gloveal winner, two times Silver Slugger, and Matt Kemp officially retires as a member of the Dodger shining bright like a diamond. You remember he dated Rihanna back in the day when he's with the Dodgers. For all you young people out there, Yeah, he dated her.
Speaker 3: All right, that's gonna do it for postgame Dodger Talk. Many thanks to Colin y.
Speaker 2: Many thanks to you for listening podcasting the show as well. Dodgers get the win. It took a while to get there, three hours and fourteen minutes. They blew a four to hing lead. At four to two lead, but they win it in ten. T K Hernandez an RBI double tied it and then Teoscar Hernandez walks it off with an RBIs single in the bottom half of.
Speaker 3: The tenth inning.
Speaker 2: Dodgers beat the Pirates six to five. They get the sweep over Pittsburgh. There now sixty nine and forty nine. They pick up a game on the Padres. Now three and a half games up on both San Diego and Arizona. Now they hit the road for seven games for Milwaukee, three in Saint Louis tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Clayton Kershaw, Freddy Perrault to the pitching matchup Morocco Casino. Dodgers on deck gets.
Speaker 2: It all started at four, first pitch at five ten right here on AM five seven e l A Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app until they have a great safe rest of your Sunday afternoon, Stay cool out there.
Speaker 3: Song's