Speaker 1: Minnesota. Goodbye time, kids are ready ready, Let's see what we got here. A lot of emails coming in today, so let's check them out. We're gonna start off with this one. Dave Jenny Bailey. Definitely skip if it's anything too personal. But some questions I've been wondering. Oh, I have a not pre read list, so let's see if they are too personal. Dave, did Chase and Beth have your last name? Is there a story there? This came out because you're talking about real names on the show, and Dave posted a video advertising Chase and it looks like his last name is not Kibbler. There is a story there, and I will go ahead and tell the story, even though it's a little bit dicey. So when Chase was born, Julie did not put my name on the birth certificate because we were not together. And Julie was, by many accounts, not just mine, a very difficult person. And even though I loved her with all my heart and soul at one time, she was a very difficult person if you wronged her. So I was not with her. So she put her last name, which is a beautiful last name, go lightly probably better than Kibler. She put it on the birth certificate and I said, I want that child to have my last name, and she said, I'll make you a deal. I won't ask for the full amount of child support now, and then when he's older, he can decide whether he wants to be Chase Kibbler or Chase go Lightly. So me being a dumb motherfucker, I decided to save the few hundred dollars a month and put off making his name Kibbler. Now I could have legally, I guess. I don't know if I could illegally demanded it, or it would have been court ordered that it would have been my last name. I don't know what the rules would have been on that or laws back then. But I said, okay, oh, save three hundred dollars a month and you can call him go Low. Now. I was stupid enough to think that when he was thirteen or fourteen he might want his dad's name. Well, of course not.
Speaker 2: No, because he's spent golightly his whole.
Speaker 1: Life exactly move No. So yeah, so best last name is Hancock. I was never really with Cricket, and I I mean I was until she had the baby. We broke up a couple of months before and then she married. She Cricket married a guy who was from out of the country for five hundred dollars so he could stay in the country. So this guy gave her five hundred dollars so he could marry Cricket and stay in the country. And at that point I was like, I don't care name or whatever. So you know, Beth, Beth's Cricket and I do not. I don't I've blocked her on my phone, I blocked her on in social media.
Speaker 2: Is she still with that guy?
Speaker 1: Oh? God, no, No. He was a psycho and I mean literally a psycho, deep deep mental problems, dangerous and he's gone now, and so yeah, there's you know what I mean, I've got some skeletons in the closet for sure, But the good news is long term. As much as Julie worked really hard to make Chase dislike me, I'm proud of the fact that I always did what I believe was the right thing and spent weekends with him and took him camping and took him to go go karts and the batting cages and all that stuff. And Chase and I love each other. He is you know, like I don't know. We're of my four kids, we're all close, but he and I are one of the closer relationships. So and I'm really proud of that that she really tried to keep us apart. And I think some parents do that if they don't like the other parent, they will talk shit about them. And I think Chase saw what I did and realized, Hey, Dad's not such a bad guy.
Speaker 2: Sure, So yeah, next.
Speaker 1: One, Jenny, I'll read it and you can decline to answer this one. I have not pre read it, Jenny. Nobody needs to know the details reason. But I'm curious if your breakup reason was similar to the first time you and Andrew broke up. I asked because people say you broke up for a reason, and it's why people advise not to get back together. So I'm wondering if that's holding true here. No, it's not, okay, Bailey, are you being pressured to talk about your new relationship on the radio. I feel it's so public for something in the early stages, and I wonder if that led to the end of you and Trip. I can understand talking about going on a dat or starting to see someone, but saying their name makes it more of a thing.
Speaker 3: Uh No, I don't feel like I'm being pressured a lot of Like the poo poo poo pooing that I do on air is a part of the bit that I'm just trying to commit to.
Speaker 1: The bit for the bit, Yeah, for the laughs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I mean I wouldn't say I'm dating this man. I've gone on one date with this man where not like seeing each other.
Speaker 2: I text him what about I didn't have one of those.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought you did a good bit though, if.
Speaker 3: It would be a good bit. But yeah, for Trip, I don't think being on air was a problem for Trip. Trip loves being a celebrity. So honestly, Trip kind of shanked himself over by ghosting me because he could have gotten a lot of airtime and he loves airtime.
Speaker 4: I don't want You don't want a relationship with someone who's literally talking to you because of that, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which I don't think he was either, but the freak happened to that dude.
Speaker 1: Two things. Do you have another date plan with Bradley?
Speaker 2: Not right now? Possibly?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'm really really busy doing a bunch of stuff and he's going home this weekend, so I.
Speaker 1: Wear his home South Dakota.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, Sue fall South Dakota.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful down there.
Speaker 2: Is it never been?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's beautiful down there. I have definitely dated girls who thought it was really cool that I was on the radio, but it gets sold really fast after a while. I remember I was in bed with a girl one time, Fran and we're laying there in the afterglow, and she's like, ah, I can't believe I'm laying here with Dave Ryan And that was such an ick kind of a moment. Oh yeah, But I would have said the same thing if I was in bed with Nicole Kidman.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Who I used to have a hot sport. She's way too old for me now. But if I was in bed with Nicole Kidman in the afterglow, I'd be like, I can't believe I'm in bed with Nicole Kidman.
Speaker 4: But you understand that you're a radio DJ. You are not Nicole Kidman's slub status.
Speaker 1: We're close, We're close.
Speaker 2: I'm super close about that.
Speaker 3: I also wouldn't say it if I was laying in bed with Nicole Kidman. I wouldn't be like, oh my gosh, I can't believe it. I would just think it in my head and tell my friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. But with Susan, she could not care less. And I don't think she really ever did. And I've dated other girls who they might have been proud of what I did. Like you'd be proud of your your husband or your wife was a successful doctor. Yeah'd be like, oh, yeah, he owns his own dermatology clinic or she has her own, you know, like a pediatric clinic or whatever. You'd be proud of it, but it wouldn't be the attraction. Yeah. Yeah. So if anybody has attracted you because you're on the radio, it just you'll you'll find out it gets old really quick. Not old, right, but it becomes less of a novelty.
Speaker 2: Keep bringing it up. You're like, oh my gosh, shut up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, And I dated another girl and I went to her softball game one time. And this is back in my twenties, and I showed up at the softball game and she introduced me as Dave Ryan from WNCI. Oh, this is Dave Ryan from WNCI. And she was proud of it. And it was a novelty and people were you know, moderately impressed, but you would never say, like this is Dave Ryan from Minards.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm going to start yep, that's funny.
Speaker 1: Again. I understand if I'm too nosy, but I'm home on maternity leave and listen to the show all morning. Is my main adult interaction I get all day. So I feel more connected to you than I do then you do me. So apologies if I'm overstepping. I appreciate you all. Love the show. Keep being awesome. Cheers from Sydney. I love that you brought up some questions that were a little bit spicy to answer. I really do so.
Speaker 4: It's spicy, just intrusive, which it's fine. I mean people are curious. We share so much of our lives on the radio, and I think that there's like certain things that you question, Like it took me years of me working on the show for me to understand.
Speaker 5: Dave's family tree.
Speaker 4: So I feel like every once in a while it comes out of like, wait, so whose mom is.
Speaker 2: This or whatever?
Speaker 5: And you're just curious and you want to know answers.
Speaker 1: No, I mean we're curious. I mean I'm curious about what happened with you and Andrew. But I am not asking you because I figured if you wanted to tell me, you haven't said it on like Falance podcast, have you.
Speaker 5: No, it's nobody's business.
Speaker 1: Okay. Can I make some guesses and then you tell me whether.
Speaker 2: Or right ahead?
Speaker 1: Go ahead and see. I'm glad you're laughing about this when because I'm the kind of person who will make a joke before it's time, like too soon, Dave, too soon and so and I said something a couple of like a month or two ago, something about well, Jenny, now you've got you know, your pick of the litter whatever, and Ginny's like, I'm not ready for you being funny, and I'm like, oh, okay, well shit, but now you're ready for me to be funny. You're ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 5: What do you got?
Speaker 1: You need to go get some dick?
Speaker 2: Oh that's the joke.
Speaker 5: I listen. Yeah, I was gonna say, that's your joke.
Speaker 1: The best I can come up.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: And I feel like that's what a lot of people want to tell me right now. But when I tell you, it's the very last thing I want to do in my life is get some dick. It is I'm being honest I don't have any interest in anyone else. I just like, oh, you know, you're with the same person for so long, and I think men probably honestly think different, but I don't. I don't want to get comfortable sexually with someone else. I don't want to like get after it with someone else and want Like, the first time is almost never great with anyone new, so the thought of having to get back out there and do that shit it makes me sick.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I feel you fair.
Speaker 1: Enough, I feel you. It's an interesting conversation to explore. The first time with almost anyone is never really that good. However, once in a while, you'll hook up with somebody in the very first time is like fuck, I mean, am I right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I mean yeah.
Speaker 4: I've definitely had my fair share of those things, but like for me, those usually came with like meeting someone when I was out and I was probably a little bit tipsy and going home with them, and that's not my life anymore. So, like, I don't think I'm going to come across any situations like that anymore. Like I'm going to have to genuinely fucking date people, and I don't want to sounds awful.
Speaker 1: I gotcha. Okay, next email, Hello, my favorite crew. Kristen is back with another random question. What is your dream car? I asked this because I just got mine. I bought a You're ready for it, I'm ready. You're never gonna guess what she bought A hearse. Oh it is a two thousand Cadillac Deville Eagle Hearse, which probably means nothing to anybody else. I know that my fourteen year old goth self thinks I'm cool. Other than that, I love the nineteen thirties cars with the swooping fenders. Anyway, Happy Spring, Bring on the warm weather. Margarita is in dart licking the salt rim Love you guys from Kristen. We love you back. I am not a car guy, so I don't really have a dream car. If I thought about it, I'd probably say a Corvette, because the Corvettes are just cool, and I grew up around Corvettes. And here's why I grew up like going to school. My dad worked at the Air Force Academy, and back in the day when I was a kid, seniors at the cadets at the Air Force Academy could buy a car and they'd always buy a Corvette, and Corvettes to me growing up were just the fucking epitome of like that's a badass car. Yeah, so I think corvettes are really cool. I'll never have one, not a car guy, cars anything. No.
Speaker 4: I mean, I always say a pink Lambo, And I only feel like I say that because I've seen lambos in like rap videos, and I think they're really cool. But I've never been close to one in my life, and I don't know anything else about cars, So I don't know what other cool cars are out there.
Speaker 1: Well, there's Ferrari.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really don't know what they like even honestly, you can say that, but I don't know what it looks like in my head.
Speaker 1: To look the same. They're flat and they have gold door groups. Yeah about you.
Speaker 3: I really like the the cars from like the fifties that are like, you know, teal or pink, that looks like a car that Elvis would have driven, those like really old kind of boxy ones. But I always wanted a Volkswagen bus, like my whole life, I wanted a Volkswagen bus that was yellow, And I actually saw one the other day that's like been modernized so it still looks like a bus, but I think it's some kind of hybrid car and it looks so cool. And I almost stopped my car and pulled over and been like, Hey, where'd you get your car?
Speaker 2: That seems pretty dope. That'd be fun. I want a little bus.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what, I'm going to tell you that they are dope. They are cool. I grew up. Mom drove Volkswagen bugs. Dad drove a Volkswagen bus all the time. We probably went through three or four of them during my childhood.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And Volkswagen buses are you see one now? Is like, that's cool, that's retro, that's really dope. They are the most underpowered vehicle on the road. Oh they're cylinderpower. They got a four stroke in four cylinder engine and they're underpowered. And usually with a van or a bus you loaded up with kids or camping gear. And I remember very clearly my dad would climb hills in Colorado at about fifteen miles an hour in first gear. Wow, because you just couldn't get that motherfucker to go any faster. It would cruise going down the other side of the hill. But they are very underpowered. But still they are dope.
Speaker 2: They're called the ide Electric Buzz Cool all right.
Speaker 1: Next email, this is from Emily more Ranger jests that turtle fact was so interesting, love that she tied it back to a recent email discussion topic. Sorry a bit stir the pot opinion. Don't hate me, but oh, she talks about something she's getting tired of and I don't want to name it, but she's getting tired of something. And so we will definitely can take that into consideration on the show because you know, well, here's the thing. I mean. If you get tired of something and one person writes in, we don't go, oh, we got to kill that bit because one person wrote in. And it's very tempting to do that, Like if I do a funny, like if I do a dad joke and somebody writes in, goes Dave, if I love that dad joke, I might be like, oh, well, we got to do more dad jokes. Oh that's kind of a well I call that a focus group of one. But if you don't like something, you really like something on the show, let us know, because it's important to us to know that you enjoy the things that you hear. So if you got any opinions, let us know and if we hear an overwhelming opinion like Dave needs to retire now and don't consider it, then we would consider it. Love you guys. Are you planting any garden vegetables this year? What are you planting in your garden? Is it Bailey that had the garden or somebody else at the complex ate some of the vegetables that she grew?
Speaker 4: Ha?
Speaker 2: Yes, so I do have a garden.
Speaker 3: I haven't planted it yet because honestly, I'm dealing with this stuff with my bathroom, so it's kind of my least worry right now. But I have planned cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, regular tomatoes. I have basil, and then I don't know after that. Those are I kind of like things that I can snack on or like eat right away. And this is going to be the first year i'd plant cucumbers because they take up a lot of space. But yes, my neighbor in the building next to me, she comes out once a year while I just happened to be in the garden and asks if she can eat things and like just come over and take stuff whenever, and I'm always.
Speaker 2: Like ha, No, please no. But technically she could, because it's all just sitting right there.
Speaker 1: Technically she could, but not ethically.
Speaker 2: Not ethically she couldn't.
Speaker 1: Is it your How do you put the DIBs on that garden?
Speaker 3: I just asked my landlord a few years ago, because it's literally a dirt slab on the side of my building, And I just said, can I take this dirt slab and plant plants?
Speaker 2: And he said fine?
Speaker 1: Is it kind of a miracle when you think about what you get. You put a little plant to a little seed or whatever, and then you get these delicious big tomatoes or carrots. Susan grows peppers like Klipanno's and tomatoes and maybe some other things. Cucumbers, I think, Yeah, Cucumbers is usually one of those things where you get like fifty dozen big fatties and you don't want that many, so you bring them into work and put them on the table in the break rying basket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's what I want to happen, because cucumbers are my fixation food right now.
Speaker 2: That's all I want to eat.
Speaker 1: Susan made pickles a year or two ago, and they were actually okay, Yeah, they weren't Gedney, but they were okay. Yeah, last one we were talking about there was somebody who wrote in and said, my husband is now masturbating two or three times a day. Is that too much? Is that should I you know? Is it a problem? This person says, I've been married for twenty eight years, together for thirty one. If he wants to masturbate two or three times a day, go ahead. That keeps him off of me and I don't have to do any work. I got other shit to get done. Five finger method, baby, just not in front of me and clean up your own mess. Okay, well can you imagine not can you imagine just like finishing off and just be like leaving the puddle puddle there on wherever it happens to be. So that's kind of funny. That was the only comment we got on that email. So if you have anything to add to that, let me know and thank you for your opinion. Send your emails in because we love emails. We got a good amount left, but we're still there's a couple of weeks. We need more for tomorrow. And I love the intrusive questions. That was fun and if we decide not to answer it, then we just don't answer it. So yeah, send those down two the usual address, Ryan Show at kadiwb dot com