Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm telling you Boston's and News Radio.
Speaker 2: Where we're talking about the events of the weekend. And the only events of the weekend that we're talking about are the decision by the Trump administration to bomb the three nuclear sites in Iran and what has happened in short order apparently, and again, we're still trying to monitor this as you are. We're following this story just like you. According to the President of United States, there will be a complete and total ceasefire a little less than an hour from now, he put on Trump's social about six two tonight. The congratulations everyone. It's been fully agreed by and between Israel and AROUND that there will be a complete and total ceasefire. And approximately six hours from now, when Israel and AROUND have Israel and Iran have wound down and completed their in progress final missions for twelve hours, at which point the war will be considered officially ended. Officially, Iran will start the cease fire upon the twelfth hour. Israel will start the cease fire upon the twenty fourth hour. So if I'm reading this correctly, and I don't know that I am, as of midnight, Iran will have twelve hours. Well, no, Iraq will start the cease fire, and I meaning at midnight, and upon the twelfth hour, which would be noon tomorrow our time, Israel will start the cease fire. And upon the twenty fourth hour this midnight tomorrow night, an official end of the twelve day war will be saluted by the world. Well again, believe it when we see it, but certainly, certainly that is a development that I'm sure makes a lot of people happy, makes me happy, I'm sure it makes people in Iran and Israel happy as well. And who would have thunk that on Saturday night, about forty eight hours ago, when all of us were digesting the word of the attacks by the USB two bombers, a fleet of seven B two bombers that hit these sites, as well as some missiles fired from a US submarine offshore, did some damage. We don't know exactly how much. The presidents that obliterated using the same word that Hillary Clinton had used. By the way, this I find kind of interesting those of you who haven't heard this in the last hour, Rob, I want you to play the cut of Hillary Clinton. It's only thirty seconds. This is Hillary Clinton from two thousand and eight, promising to attack Iran and using the same word that the President used, obliterate. Cut one oh three, Rob.
Speaker 3: And I want the Iranians to know that if I'm the president, we will attack Iran. Whatever stage of development they might be in their nuclear weapons program in the next ten years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them.
Speaker 4: That's a terrible thing to say.
Speaker 5: That those people who.
Speaker 3: Run Iran need to understand that, because that perhaps will deter them from doing something that would be reckless, foolish, and tragic.
Speaker 2: And there were some Republicans and Democrats over the weekend who were quick to criticize, in fact, for the Trump administration not having complete knowledge of when what damage had been done. This is representative Roe Kanna. He's a actually a Philly rational Democrat on face the nation. Cut number three already, please, Rob.
Speaker 6: Now you've put American troops at risk. Now you're wasting billions of our dollars because we're sending more troops to the Middle East. What did you accomplish and why are you oblivious to the American people who are sick of these wars?
Speaker 2: If it turns out that Donald Trump is successful here and has forced a ceasefire. I think mister Khanna will be eating those words. But there was also a Republican some guy out of Kentucky who I'd never really heard of before, Representative Thomas Massey. He is an R after his name cut thirty one.
Speaker 7: I think this what has happened, what has transpired this week has been planned for months that you know, this administration and maybe even the administration prior to that said, you go in and soften them up, take out their air defense capabilities, and then we'll send in the big bombers.
Speaker 2: Well tell me something I couldn't figure out myself. Congressman. Yeah, I would hope it was planned for months, and I would hope that they kept it on the quiet on the d LO. No sense of telling around ahead of time, what were plans are there? These are the people who we elect to congress in this country. Okay, let's go to Will on Long Island. Hey, Will, welcome back. You're on nightside. We'll go right ahead.
Speaker 8: Hey Dan, are you trying to tell me that countries like Israel and the United States just don't go free willy nilly bombing? Things over there and knocking out nuclear facilities without knowing what the impact might be, not just on the Iranian population, but the entire Middle East. You're trying to tell me that they just don't just go throwing bombs around. I'm in complete shock.
Speaker 2: Well that's what, that's what.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Thank you Congress and Massie for letting us know that the United States just doesn't just throw bombs around like they did I don't know in Yemen, in Syria, in Somalia. Wait, all these acts were done with what again, Oh, without congressional approval by Barack Obama, who actually bombs more countries than George Bush. Yeah, Afghanistan, Pakistan. I should go on and on and on and on at all the countries that Barackobamba bombed without prior congressional approval. And now here we are because Democrats don't think that we have this thing called video where we get to watch. Let me tell you a little something about Hillary Clinton when she was when Joe Biden was in the primaries. Okay, with for a part of the hates old white guys, they really had the two oldest white guys they could find leading that primary with Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden, right. And I remember saying to my friends, I said, you know, I wish Hillary would come back. At the time, I had a little show. I'm on the air, I'm talking to people. They're yelling at me, But you if you have somebody with a different opinion, and I asked them very simply, I said, I love America more than I love any party. And I'm not a Republican. I know you guys don't understand that, but I'm not. And I said, I would rather have Hillary Clinton than this Volkswagen car full of clowns that got out juggling bulls that are up on the stage at the primaries right now, God forbid, Joe Biden becomes the president of the United States. Right. And it was partially because of things like that that Hillary said right there. Yes, I didn't like her. I thought she was despicable, and I would certainly vote for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton. But if we lost, would we not have been in better hands with Hillary Clinton than a demented Joe Biden or a crazy socialist like Bernie Sanders. I mean, I love my country more than politics, and I have to worry about.
Speaker 2: You're right, I mean I think that Joe Biden basically was past his prime. It was only in an election in twenty twenty where Joe Biden was able to stay in his basement and not be exposed for whatever frailties he had developed.
Speaker 8: Then it was when the Democrats tried to cover for him or your friends let's say, let's say your friends, right, the people you know that are supposedly sensible Democrats, And they started saying as the presidency went on and the mess in Afghanistan, they started saying things like, well, we didn't know would be this dad. Really, really, he looked like he was in a standing a count. Every question that he answered during the apartment she was saying, oh, put the record player on. They don't know what to do, Mauge. It was insane what I was watching. I was watching a man stare into space. He should have been in a nursing home, throwing jello at the orderlies for bringing him the wrong flavor pudding or whatever. I couldn't believe what I was watching. And we voted for that, And now we have a president that finally did. If he didn't knock out all the nuclear capabilities or whatever, he certainly sent a message that the capabilities of Israel and America are so far beyond. When we spoke last week, what did we talk about, I said, and Iran's military is severely overrated by the rest of the world. They are a regional power at best, and they stanned absolutely zero chance. The operation that we ran, we sent a bunch of planes across the world. We refueled them in the middle of the air. We had them drop the bomb within a fifteen or twenty minute window and then fly out the other side of their country without a shot being fired at us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by by the way, in order to because of each of these bombers carried two thirty thousand pounds bombs, and each of those bombers could not get off the ground, could not get off the ground with a full fuel tank. So they had to keep the amount of fuel below a certain level in order to get these bombers up in the air. And that's why also they had to do some refueling. Obviously, they had a thirty seven hour round trip, which also was a huge.
Speaker 8: Fan crazy And one more thing I'd like to say about, you know, being a sensible politician and someone that's that's just honest Okay, that's just honest with me. I did not agree when Pennsylvania, I thought voted for a guy that you know, unfortunately suffered a severe stroke. I didn't know much about him before that, Okay, but I was like, you literally would rather vote for a stroked out guy than doctor Oz? Really? Is that what we come down to? And now after his recovery, listening to John Feederman, not just because he's somewhat on our side, because he's just honest, because he doesn't have to poll everything he says. He goes out there and he says it, and it doesn't matter if this party agrees with him. He stands with Israel unapologetically. He said he would have attacked Iron. He stands behind the president on this issue. Many of them he disagrees with him with. These are the type of Democrats that I used to vote for. These ones right here, all right, Dan, thanks for having me so much time.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it great, And I would take quick break here one line at six one seven, two, five four to ten thirty and the other line. We got to double check those lines six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. They have been very quiet tonight. Six one seven two five, four to ten thirty just filled up, which is great. However, you got a couple of open lines at six, one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. Back on nightside, I got Octane coming up, and also Shana, we're looking forward to those conversations coming right back on night side.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan ray on you Bzy Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 9: Hick.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones we go. Let's go to Octane in Brighton. Hi, Octane, how are you tonight, Dandre?
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing excellent? What's your take on all of this? Octane?
Speaker 10: I My take on this is that I have a question for you actually too, So why do you think these neighbor these neighboring countries, why do you think they're so quiet out to the stripe they that we got to Iran? Why you think they're so quiet? Isn't that frightening to you?
Speaker 2: No, I think, to be really honest with you, I think it's heartening. I think that the reason these countries are quiet they don't like Iran. They Iran has caused problems for a lot of these countries. Iran is no friend of Saudi Arabia, is no friend of Jordan. Iran is estrange from most of the countries.
Speaker 10: About Afghanistan in the Middle East, well, about Afghanistan.
Speaker 2: I think that Afghanistan and the Taliban are an interesting group in that I don't think I think that they are so isolated. I don't think that they do much with any of the other Middle Eastern countries. And obviously today Iran just threw, you know, fourteen missiles in on the country of Katar, on a US air base in Qatar. But they still decide to do that. Israel know, there's a lot of countries over there, as I'm sure you know the the UAE, UH, uh, Bahrain, uh and cut it, who have established relations with Israel uh, and they're they're engaging in economic uh and UH. You know passports now or they used to be a period in time where if you had an Israeli passport you couldn't travel to a lot of these countries. So I think things are getting better. You've heard of the Abraham Accords, I'm sure, so, yeah, I think things are getting better for Israel. And I think people are looking at Iran as a bunch of nut jobs, and I think that people have come to the conclusion, Yeah, they were all geeked when when Hyatola hom Aani came back and they took the US hostages and the big bad the United States was on its back and all of that. But I think they're I think they were afraid of Iran and they and they're they're very happy that the US has has crippled their nuclear program. Right.
Speaker 10: So my other question to you is that do you think in our lifetime nine to eleven is the worst disaster that we're going to see in this country?
Speaker 2: Well? I hope so. I mean, I think that there's a panoply of other disasters, chemical attacks, biological radiological attacks, EMPs.
Speaker 10: The reason, the reason I reason I got on that topic is because of the strike that we have put on Iran. When with that Saturday, correct, yes, Saturday, Yeah, Okay, they know they can't stand up to the United States militarily.
Speaker 9: They know that.
Speaker 10: So with the border ben wide open, that Joe Biden has led all these millions of people into our country, they're going to try to retaliate on us any kind of way. They don't think that this is going to go away just because we bomb them and really crippled them. They're not going to forget about this.
Speaker 2: I think you're right. But one of the things that I said earlier, and I hope you heard me say this. Do you remember when after nine to eleven, we were told by everybody, hey, if you see something, say something, and you know, and and there came a point in time where people will became a little apprehensive in that. Let's say you saw someone who happened to be Middle Eastern who was acting suspiciously uh and, and you then would be accused of, well, you're being biased towards people because the person appeared to be Middle Eastern. And maybe in some cases there was a bias. Maybe there was in some cases, but that didn't make us any safer, right, right, And I just.
Speaker 10: Want to put the Democrats on Front Street. You remember when Obama was in power in office and he put the allowed the military to strike Lebanon. You remember that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah. He also he killed some other There was a Urican citizen who had actually visited the White House while he was president. I forget the guy's name, but he was a he was a Muslim cleric uh and was considered to be uh and and President Obama I think hit him while he was driving with his son in Yemen, right, and they were hit with a drone and there was a lot of criticism or President Obama.
Speaker 10: Yeah right, But didn't Hillary Clinton have something to do with that?
Speaker 2: I don't know if if she was had authorized that and not. I know that that Hillary Clinton was very happy when Kadafi was taken out. She said, we came, we saw he died. So yeah, there's a lot of stuff going on here. You're a pretty good historian here, Octane.
Speaker 11: I like that, right, right?
Speaker 10: And one more question, one more question, Well is the comment comment? I should say, like I said, putting those Democrats on front Street, they didn't never want to impeach Obama when he'd done that in Lebanon, and when Joe Biden just flooded our country with all these wackles from all over all over the world, they didn't know talk about impeaching him. So we got a president that's actually standing up and doing his job, but they want to impeach him. What kind of sense does that make to you?
Speaker 2: Well, it doesn't make sense to me. I mean, this is a situation where obviously he he told Iran, he sent them a letter, what's it sixty seven days ago? It was pretty clear that everybody knew that the possibility of a military action was there. He acted upon it a little sooner than people expected. But again, unfortunately, it used to be in this country octane. And you may remember this, or maybe you don't. They used to say that political dis agreements amongst the Democrats and Republicans it was supposed to stop at the water's edge, meaning, you know, whatever the president did, we did it, you know as a country, and we But now, no matter what Trump does is a lot of Democrats want to go after him, and no matter what. By now there were a lot of Republicans who want after him, and it becomes everything is much more partisan than it ever was in this country, right right, I agree with you on that.
Speaker 10: I just want to I just want to call in and give my two cents on it, more than it was.
Speaker 2: More than two cents. O take How to ask you how old are you?
Speaker 10: If I could ask, I'm a little younger than you.
Speaker 11: I'm sixty three, just a little.
Speaker 2: I've asked you that before. You have a very young voice. You sound like you're you know, you sound very intelligent, but you sound like you're twenty five or thirty.
Speaker 10: I've been listening to you for so many years. I used to watch you on wb Z, and that's why I'm listen to you every night. That's what I want to ask you. Are you live on Sunday Sunday evenings?
Speaker 2: No, that that's the best off is what we consider to be the most interesting or different show. We use that Sunday night slot at eleven o'clock to try to reach other people who might not ordinarily be listening.
Speaker 10: Well, you got a big support in me, Dan Ray. You keep it up and you got a good show. Appreciate it very much, Shane.
Speaker 2: Appreciate your call. Thank you much. We'll talk again. Thank you very much. We got to take a quick break, you know what. I'm not going to do that. I want to go to Shana. Shane. I don't want you to have to wait. We'll delay the news a little bit for you. How are you tonight, Shana?
Speaker 12: Oh? I am good. Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: I can hear you great. Thanks for calling. And you are the first female voice that I've heard tonight, and I congratulate you and thank you for joining us.
Speaker 12: Go right ahead, I know, and a first time call. I heard you say that about women not calling in and off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, first time call or Shane or all right, yeah, well we talked about this on Friday night, and all the calls from male callers, and you know, there's a lot of women who who are very small, who are really good analyst as to what's going on, and fifty percent of the population as women. I want fifty percent of my callers to be women too.
Speaker 8: Go right ahead, Shana, all right, I guess I'll have to call back again sometimes.
Speaker 2: I bet you'll want you to call that nothing on what you think tonight? Go right ahead.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, this whole thing is unfortunate. You know, no one wants to, in my opinion, use you know, war and weapons when they don't have to, and innocent people, you know, always end up getting hurts is general what happens. But I'm also just a big proponent of science. And I'll say upfront, you know, I don't listen to enough politics to make a completely informed opinionedness. But what I do know is, you know, if you bomb somewhere with nuclear weapons and materials, you might end up the much bigger whoopsie than if you had just bombed I don't know, a regular old military base and We do not need more nuclear explosions in this world and nuclear falla which can reach across countries. People don't realize. And I mean, I think we should have learned that from Chernobyl. But anyway, I just think, you know, it was it's reckless to bomb a nuclear site.
Speaker 8: I just you know, nuclear war.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Let me, just for the fun of it, ask you devil's advocate question, and that is if if if Iran was close to basically developing enough plutonium that they were able to enrich and make you know, ten or twelve nuclear bombs. You I'm sure know enough about that country. Uh. And the government there, it's a it's a it's a theocracy run by a bunch of clerics. They've said all along that they'd love to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. I know that it's a risk, and you're right, scientifically, it's a risk when you when you bomb. You know, you know that what we did on what the United States did on Saturday night. But I don't know that we could allow run to have developed nuclear weapons and and and slept well at night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, there's no good end to this.
Speaker 12: You know, in an ideal world, people wouldn't be developing nuclear bombs, and you know, the atomic bomb never would have happened. We don't live in an ideal world.
Speaker 2: Well, the only thing with the atomic bomb. Do you know how many lives American lives were saved by getting japansa suror under in nineteen forty five?
Speaker 12: Absolutely, absolutely, no one wins in war, No, no.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely, I'm with you totally. And but what I'm saying is World War two the United States was started with Pearl Harbor, Okay, And when Pearl Harbor occurred, uh, it put it put the United States in a war, and we if we had had to have invaded Japan, the estimates were a million American soldiers would have died. And so Harry Truman had a tough decision to make and he made it terrible, terrible decision to make. But if if Harry Truman had made that decision, maybe people like you and I wouldn't even be alive today. If you get my.
Speaker 4: Drift, I totally get your drift.
Speaker 12: There's no good outcome of this. And you know, had Tom Brahms and nuclear weapons never been developed, you know we'd be having a different conversation. But I just I just hope they don't get used. I mean, if you have to bomb so that they don't get used, and that's I guess that's fine. You know, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm agreeing with you now all of a sudden, you've changed your argument a little bit, which is good, and that is that, uh, I think a run is less likely to develop and therefore very less likely to ever use and a nuclear weapon as a result of what happened on Saturday night.
Speaker 12: You know, I mean, I totally agree. It all makes sense. It's just it's such a it's just such a scary process. I mean again, you know, just just the use of these weapons is so scary because you know, it's not just bombing. You know an area and you know thousands die, and it's fire and exclusion. You get into these nuclear weapons. It's just such a whole at a ball game, and you have mushroom clouds and radiation under filed.
Speaker 2: I was in Poland as a as a TV reporter in nineteen eighty six, just a couple of months after Chernobyl, So believe me, I know what you're talking about in terms of that that leak, that radioactive leak from Chernobyl. So yeah, hey, SHANEA. I loved your call. I hope you continue to listen to us more and call more often. Could I could I be bold and ask you how you are, because I'm always looking for younger callers, and yourself a younger woman.
Speaker 12: I am great. I'm I'm thirty six. I just pulled into a construction site I'm working at, so I'm going to get to work shortly. But I do have another couple of really quick questions. Well, I don't even know what times and days of the week your show is. That's a kibid question.
Speaker 2: But eight to midnight Monday through Friday, all right?
Speaker 11: Cool?
Speaker 12: I only, I mean it only started working nights a couple of months ago. So it's it's been It's been a pleasure listening to you, and I appreciate it. Another call off. I'm just super curious by the sound of some of the callers. And again I'm not going to find anybody, but just like it's it's it's funny to me. Do some people call you drunk?
Speaker 2: No, I we we do not let people drunk on the air. There there are a lot of people we've learned over the years. I've done this for a while. Uh, some people get nervous, but no, we can tell. We're able to tell people when when when they're drunk, and that's not what we want to do here on night side. If someone wants to if someone's maybe had a beer and they're able to haverry a decent conversation, I'm not the alcohol police. But if someone calls up and and and they're under the weather, as we would say, we very politely asked them to call another time. Simple is that? Okay?
Speaker 12: I was just curious because some of these and just everyone has their opinion. But to be frank, some of it's just so comical, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Well again, one other thing we do in this program is we invite all points of view. We don't cut people off and allow people to express themselves. I get criticized for that sometimes, but the whole idea of this program is I don't care what you think. I just care you thinking. That's what I mean. What I mean by that is I want people who are thinking. That's all. I want everyone to think. I don't care what concluded.
Speaker 12: I totally agree with that.
Speaker 4: I totally agree with that.
Speaker 12: I think everyone's opinion to be heard, and it was very interesting for that reason.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much, Thanks SHANEA. We'll talk soon. Stay be good call soon. Okay, thank you very much, and stay safe and work. Thanks. Good night. All right, we did push the news back. I'm sorry. Here it comes right now.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Back we go. Let me go to Tony in Los Angeles. Tony, you were next on Nightside.
Speaker 9: Welcome Dan.
Speaker 13: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing just great, Tony. I haven't heard from you in a while. Good to hear your voice. What do you think about what happened over the weekend.
Speaker 9: I am worried about one country. One country, Dan, which China? China?
Speaker 2: I think that's that's a legitimate concern.
Speaker 9: Yes, I think what mister Trump did was important, had to be done. But now what is China going to do? Of course we don't know that, do we.
Speaker 2: Well, unless China looked at what happened and said, hey, this guy serious, I mean, that's possible. Possibly, or China may have said, hey, he took bold action and was rewarded. You know, assuming that that we do get a a cessation of hostilities, China might say Hey, why shouldn't we, you know, take to try to take advantage of a situation?
Speaker 9: Good point, No, I know, Dan. I want to say one thing. You are the best talk show host in the USA, in the whole world because you let people of all different magnitudes and all different anythings speak on your radio show.
Speaker 2: All view points, Tony, as you indicate, all view points are very welcome on this program.
Speaker 9: Yes, Dan, you are the best. Thank you for your time. Talk to you soon, Tony.
Speaker 2: I will talk with you soon.
Speaker 9: And God bless America.
Speaker 2: Dan, looking forward to seating back in Boston sometime.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Bye bye, I'm right with you. God Bless America. Let me go to Laurie in Idaho. Laurie, thank you very much for calling in. How are you tonight? You know what I missed the wrong This is Maria Maria. Oh yeah, okay, we put Maria. I'm Marius, Laurie. Now we get Laurie. I'm sorry I hit the wrong button. Rob, Please apologize Maria. I'll get to her next. Laurie, how are you. How's everything out in Idaho? Warm? Here in Boston?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you took away all our warm weather, so it's been called. We got really actually, really well needed rain.
Speaker 2: It's going to be one hundred tomorrow. We'll send it.
Speaker 9: Back, Okay, I'll take it. Get a heartbeat.
Speaker 4: No, well, we got some really needed rain. It hadn't rain for like three weeks, so it got some nice rain. But it was It was forty two one Sunday, I think, which you know, I'm not thrilled with. But we're getting back up into the seventies. I think tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're gonna have and we're gonna be. Some are saying we might be over one hundred. That's awesome, that's awesome or awful. Yeah, I think it's awful.
Speaker 4: No, it's awesome. I love my heat, and lo it is natural. I don't want the heat turned up inside that hot, but as long as it's natural.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you we're going to be going through a lot of air conditioning. Those of us we are lucky enough to have it, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Those of us who choose to use it, I don't.
Speaker 11: I won't touch the thing.
Speaker 4: That's okay. Yeah, shower and a fan and I'm good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not a big ac guy either. To be honest with you, Yeah, maybe you wake up in the morning and your hand's like, oh God, why did I do that? Why did I do that? What's your take on the president here tonight? What do you think?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 4: Saturday night and so obviously I'm three hours behind, you know, when everybody in the East Coast heard about So I listened to a lot of the news through the course of the night. I am amazed, absolutely amazed that he got this thing off with nobody knowing. I mean, I think I don't maybe that's already been talked about enough and nobody cares anymore. But just the specture of this thing so big, and you know, now, let's send these two little bombers ever flight where we can feed them, and everyone else is going to go east and quietly. And that was amazing. I mean, those the guys that the folks that ran that, the military folks must have been Jack when I got back. What a great mission, you.
Speaker 2: Know, thirty seven hours in the air. And there were women pilots involved as well as men by the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I mean amazing, amazing, and nobody shot at them because they had that little force that went through before. It was just brilliant. And I get so frustrated with these congress people who are like, oh, you knew you had to run it to the committee, you had to run it through up. They never could have pulled it off. It never would have stayed secret.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, you're gonna, you know, have Elon Omar or AOC consultant.
Speaker 4: They can keep their mouths shut to say their soul.
Speaker 2: Elizabeth Warren could well, yeah, yeah, she would have said, smoke signals up somewhere they.
Speaker 4: Know exactly exactly whether whether Big Rug or whatever fire. But yeah, so I kind of pleased. I don't this this whole, so I kind of look at it with the twelve hours twelve hours, I don't know that Israel is allowed to actually do stuff during the next twelve hours, but maybe they are allowed to be on you know, they don't have to stand down there and stand by in case Iran doesn't follow yeah rules for twelve hours.
Speaker 2: I really hope so. But uh, the president's statement tonight was a little confusing in that point.
Speaker 13: It was that someone show, you know, he's not saying anything that he hasn't checked in with, you know, so he's oh, yeah, on lockstep, so he thinks.
Speaker 2: They joined at the hip on this one, Laurie, that's for sure. Yes, sir, Hey, thank you so much for calling in. I got to take a quick break here, and I got a pack a full up calls behind you. We're going to try to get them all in. We'll talk soon. Okay, Thanks Laurie. Thanks, good night. All right, Rob, I think I got to there, goes Laurie. Okay, and we will go to Maria next. We're coming Maria. I apologize, I hit your button inadvertently. You will be next up right after the break.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, Maria, I'm I hit the wrong button before. Welcome Marie.
Speaker 5: How are you hi, I'm well, Dan, thank you so much for taking my call. You're welcome. This is my second time calling. I called once before and ahaha, thank you. I live up in the Finger Lakes, but I'm from mass originally. I just I have two things and I'll try to keep it real quick. The first thing is I've been concerned about Iran for years and uh, you know, talk about nuclear Oh no, we don't have it. Oh no, it's none of your business.
Speaker 9: Whatever.
Speaker 4: So they've been a.
Speaker 5: Problem for some time, and I think it's good that we stood up to them, and I'm I was glad to hear Netanya Who's words of thanking us and thank God bless America.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, I think that let's hope that that what President Trump said tonight, is that there's going to be some sort of a cease fire. I mean'd be great if out of this there's an absolutecy's fire. We'll see.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just before I came into this room, on the news, they reported that that is so far not true at all or hasn't happened, making it sound like or I inferred from the headline that the president wasn't telling the truth.
Speaker 10: So I don't know what's.
Speaker 2: Going on, but well tended to somehow engage in hyperbole too. It's you know, everything is this is the rightest nothing ever has been better than this is just unbelievably good. But you know, let's hope.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: By the way, the stock market, the futures in the stock market, it was a good day for the stock market today and it looks as the futures are going to open well tomorrow, which is a pretty good indicator as to how the market at least sees things trending.
Speaker 5: Yeah, very intable.
Speaker 9: We'll see if I could.
Speaker 5: The second thing I want to bring up is just real brief, and this might be too off topic, but I was falling asleep when I heard your your caller. But by the way, great college tonight, Shane especially, but somebody mentioned you guys were talking about Pearl Harbor and it reminded me. Years ago I read a biography of Claire booth Loose.
Speaker 4: You remember who she was, sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was the owner of Time magazine. Yep.
Speaker 8: And she was the wife of Henry.
Speaker 5: Luce Henry Loose. So the story and the biography, and I believe it was written by a man named Frank Ward or Frank Sheed, you know Sheet and Ward publishers. All right, long story short, Claire booth Loose tried to tell the president at the time that an attack was imminent by the Chinese, by the Japanese. Excuse me, and the reason she Maybe you've heard that story.
Speaker 2: I have not heard that specific story, but I've heard stories that we were aware that an attack was Some people think that we actually we're happy to use that as an entree into the war. I never been able to nail that down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, do you want me to tell you the quick story or no about her. Okay, So she and mister Luce made a trip overseas because he was raised by missionary parents and he loved the people of China, and they go on this big tour and on their way back, coming to back to the US, they stop and they attend this big dinner by the man who was the head of the Philippines.
Speaker 2: At the time, Marcos remember Marcos.
Speaker 5: No no, no no before him another man. And anyway, that gentleman was very charmed by missus Luce. And they get talking and she says, you know, aren't you concerned about the Japanese? And he says, listen, if you ever hear in the news that I have headed to the hills the mountains, then you know that I know that the Japanese are coming. And she just kind of tucked that away, you know. So then they go back to the US and okay, now we're in December of nineteen forty one, and she reads in the papers that that gentleman has taken to the hills, that he has completely abandoned his people and gone to the hills, and she says, she convinces her husband he's got to take the train to Washington from New York City and go tell the President that an attack is imminent by the Japanese. And she convinces her husband and he does it, and the President and his Secretary of War, I think they laughed at him. And he went back to her and said, don't you ever ask me to do something like that again. And the next day was Pearl harborow Maria.
Speaker 2: I got three callers behind you. I'm going to let you go. Thanks, call again, thank you very much, very quickly. Ron helped me out here. You got to be quick for me. Ron, I get two behind you.
Speaker 11: Okay. Just things influenced my perspective at the moment number one, when nine to eleven happened, I remember that some of the folks in Middle East rejoicing over the fact that this had happened to us. And two years later, I find myself in Iran, actually not far from Tehran. I can tell you my experience. Although we treated about a thousand people, and well it's a somewhat small sample size, I can tell you that a lot of the people are not, you know, on board with the theocratic leaders.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, we've seen the Green Revolution over there. We've seen that government shoot people in the streets and shoot them, shoot them dead.
Speaker 11: Some of the worst individuals I have seen. I mean, some of these folks have never seen a doctor. Their dentician is so bad as you look into their mind, their clothing is tattered.
Speaker 2: Well, that can happen when you know autocrats are running your country for forty six years or whatever the number is.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and so the one question I have for you and not I'll let you go, is that you know we had two choices.
Speaker 13: Wen.
Speaker 2: You gotta be quick. I got about I got ten seconds left. Ron, you gotta be real quick for me.
Speaker 12: Hey, go ahead.
Speaker 11: What's the question, live in fear or do something? What's your choice?
Speaker 2: Do something?
Speaker 11: That's my point.
Speaker 2: Thanks John, Thanks Ron, great question, great call, and thank you very much to the callers in the line. I really do apologize, but we had some open lines early tonight. Wish you had gotten through. We'll make it up to you tomorrow night. To Tim and SATCHI sorry about that, Rob Brooks, thank you very much, Marita, thank you very much. I'm going to do it very quick. Nice I postgame at WBC. Nice I with Dan Ray about I don't know fifteen seconds. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's min Pell Charlie ray Is who passed who fifteen years ago in fairly. That's all your pets who are past. They loved you, you love that. I do believe you'll see them again. Seekin in morning or nights. That everyone have a great Tuesday. Thank you,