Speaker 1: You're listening to the Age of Transitions and your host, Darren Franz coming at you live this Friday night, October eighteenth, twenty twenty four. Live every Friday night from the facilities of Ochili dot com ten pm to midnight Eastern Standard time. First hour is the Age of Transitions. Second hour becomes Uncle the broadcast. Thank you for listening live or so the podcast hover you do so, do consider giving a donation to the network of Rodochili dot com help and chuck out. He has a donate button Atochili dot com, so please do think about doing that. Can find my website at theageo Transitions dot com. Pick up the podcast there, support me directly on my book Revolve Man Scientific Rise to goata their paperback and eat book copies available. Of that, there are t shirts for the shows. There is the Patreon campaign and they're the affiliate links. Use promo code fronds at libs in for two months of libs in for free, and also click through the link to bookshop dot org to buy books there online. I'll get a small amount when you click through the link on my site. So thank you for doing those things and thank you for listening to the show. Also consider leaving a little rating for the show on Apple Podcasts or any other podcast app that you use that has reviews. If you can write one, write one. If you're able to do that, then helps out a lot. Share the show around that people know, you know, maybe there's a certain episode that you think is good, send it to people.
Speaker 2: That sort of thing much appreciated.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that many of you out there I have done that, do do that. So thank you very much for your support for helping to just spread the word about this, this one small show in a giant ocean of infinite podcasts these days. So it's a it's a huge body of water that I'm in, so any bit of help keeps me from drowning.
Speaker 2: So thank you.
Speaker 1: I do appreciate that. So we are back. We're here. It's exciting. I am happy to be here. I feel energized. I feel pretty well rested here. That's always a good thing. And it's just it's it's hard to know where to begin. There's so many different things happening all at once, but really it's one big story happening and overhanging all of the drama, all of the distractions, all the things that were worked up and directed towards. Our attention is constantly being directed in all sorts of directions, which is fascinating to pick apart the untold numbers of propaganda campaigns that are assaulting us at all hours of the day, even while we sleep, Even while even while you sleep, they will find you acting on your best behavior. Right, Everybody wants to rule the world, and the way that they do it is by crafting these clever little narratives that play to the fancies of public discourse and the tastes of the average person, the tastes that we're supposed to have, the tastes that so often we've been programmed with, the ideas have already been implanted into us by various methods through our upbringing and existence in this bizarre, artificial world that we have no real control or say over. We didn't ask for the world to be this way, and now that we're in it, we have very little recourse in changing it. Because it's a giant behemoth that's running on its own energy, and it has its own agendas, and it does its own thing, and that can be quite frustrating and difficult. It can be disempowering to know that it is a reality. It is a truth that we live in a world like that giant artificial machine that has its way with us. And we like to pretend like we're in control, but we're not. But I think actual freedom and actual self actualization and anything valuable, any little bit of anything valuable we can actually take. I think starts with surrendering to the fact that this whole thing is out of control. It is above and beyond us. We are within it. It dictates a lot of our life. However, we can go outside of it and beyond it to to our own ends, to our own purposes, in our own lives. We can do certain things, and we can we can have a meaningful existence in the midst of this.
Speaker 2: And maybe.
Speaker 1: Have fun and the knowledge of knowing how crazy everything is and making the absurd decision not to take everything so seriously all the time, learning to let go so just of so many different things that we just can't control. It's okay, It's all right. Easier said than done, though, right, And I'm here talking a big game, and I don't.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 1: This is everybody's battle. We're all in the same boat. We're all dealing with the same things. So there is, there is, and there can be a sense of solidarity, I think, in the human condition itself, and that we do still retain that we are still basic, basically the same biological organisms, human beings, living out finite short lives, relatively short, but relatively long. It is a very extremely relative thing. Our entire existence and time. One way you look at it, we are. The amount of time we spend here is absolutely nothing. If you go from the macrocosmic view and you go outwards and look in. If you go the further, you go out and look in toward the earth and at us, you see how tiny and how short, and how we are really a piece of nothing in that grand scheme of things. However, you can go the opposite direction, in the same abstract, ethereal immaterial space that is our own minds and our own conscious awareness. You can go the other direction inside and you can see even the workings of your mind, your psyche, your soul or whatever, right, whatever, however we want to describe what that identity of our inner selves is, it's definitely there. It's definitely a real thing, and what it is able to do the sorts of you know, the the attainment of an epiphany. I hope you've all experienced this at some point in your life, hopefully several and many times in your life you've had this happen. A life without such experience would be a life not ourselving. But such is the sort of thing that I think is constantly being stolen from us. But anyway, the attainment of such things gives you the realization that within an instant, time loses meaning, and realizations made by your individual conscious aware of self can have ramifications that are so far reaching that you've attained something that transcends time, something that's a permanent.
Speaker 2: Truth. Right, So the attainment of.
Speaker 1: That, when you pull that sort of thing off, you realize you have interesting epiphanies about the human experience. Once again, going all the way within, all the way within, all the way without are useful. I think it's also useful an epiphany to be had to see how short and how insignificant we are. But simultaneously, how in the matter of one second you can experience an eternity. These are things that we're able to do. Meanwhile, our focus has been redirected, as I was saying earlier, to more important things, the daily business of living life. Whatever that even means anymore, it doesn't really mean much of anything. The meaning of our lives has been stripped away from us so many fronts, these sorts of things. Our attention has been. What we have given attention to is usually inconsequential, but blown up into such a big deal that we're supposed to think it means everything. And so with that little preface, I will return to a subject I talked about on the last show, being this election that we're in twenty twenty four presidential election. But it's there's other elections going on. I hope you've done your research on the local propositions that you may be voting on this time around.
Speaker 2: So and there was.
Speaker 1: A point that I think I made last week, but maybe I didn't. So I'm going to return to It is that con that has been drilled into our heads that this is the last election that America is going to have.
Speaker 2: This is the end of the.
Speaker 1: Democratic process of voting as we know it. That general concept has been put out across all channels from what I gather, every It doesn't matter what your political persuasion is, you have been told this by the appropriate authorities. They have told you that this is the case. So my guess is that you're in agreement with this general statement. Now that's not to say that you can't spin that general sentiment in any which direction into whatever your political pre elections happen to be. Just insert those onto that general idea. That's how things work here, that's how our democracy has worked for so long. Is in the cynical way is that you just played to the political base of these two parties. But even that is starting to fall apart, right, So the world that we knew, that so many took for granted is beginning to crumble tear part if the seems right, and everybody's freaking out about this.
Speaker 2: Everybody's upset about this.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it's illegitimate that the freaking out over these things happening. And regular listeners to the show know that I take seriously what's happening here in the country and the world, and yes, with this election, I do think it is consequential, but it's it's pretty wild to see just this general idea that this is the last election, that the voting system is broken one way or another, and we're seeing all sorts of interesting examples of that concept coming in now it is beginning to become common knowledge that that we're in for trouble here on November fifth. I think we all realized that November fifth is going to come. The results are going to come in. Somebody's going to be cleared the official winner, right, one of the two of them. One of them is going to be the official winner. But at that point the election clearly is not over because there will be contention from the other side saying, hey, look, this election wasn't fair because and then in certain the reasons given whoever the candidate, whoever the candidates are a winner and loser. It's pretty crazy to think. It's pretty wild, and yeah, it's going to be a mess. My gosh, it's going to be a mess, So get ready for that. It's a foregone conclusion as far as I'm concerned, that that is going to be the outcome, but how that plays out will be interesting, will be significant. I'll say once again, I'm not trying to downplay any of this. I think this is all serious, and even with my preface at the beginning that this is all just a bunch of bs that we're forced to live through which ultimately is the truth. We're still we're still being put through the ringer on this one, and it's does not bode well for our collective future for sure. So we'll just see how that goes. But certainly, those of us who have been around the block for a while now and have been looking into the different corners of hidden knowledge that we're not supposed to be looking at, none of this should come as a surprise like a Stone election. Yes, of course, you know, that's a whole lot of so wet. It's a whole lot of shrugging the shoulders. A corrupt system, Yes, we've had one for quite some time.
Speaker 2: Is it getting worse? Of course it is.
Speaker 1: It's designed to be that way, these sorts of concepts. It is significant that that general sentiment is no longer fringe, but rather mainstream. I would say that that is actually true. That's just this discontent for the system, the American system, political system, social economic reality that we're dealing with here in our country. Nobody's happy with it, and there's very real reasons as to why that is now taking a step back once again, it's important to realize that the not that complicated reasons as to what's going on here, are often obscured by all this window dressing once again from the multitude of propaganda campaigns that are just barraging us now. So no one should be faulted for having difficulty in the face of all this and for being misled. We all have been misled over and over time and again happens to every single one of us. And once again, the cognitive dissonance or just the general lethargy that ensues after pursuing all these false avenues, it just gets to you and it wears you down. So the average person very much is worn down by a system that is not clearly is not crafted for their benefit to help them. That's glaringly obvious. Nothing is simply given to us, that's for sure, any of us. And it's a struggle just to maintain the basic, a basic living, a basic, basic survival of getting by day to day gets more and more difficult for all the wrong reasons. And the basic breakdown is that those who own true wealth and true resources hoard those things they do not share it. There's no such thing as trickle down economics or anything like that. That does not occur. What happens is when people get anything, they hold onto it for dear life. They keep it for themselves. They do not let go, and they seek greater power, greater influence, greater wealth. So not only do they start out with so much, they attain more and more and more, until a tiny dominant minority does basically own all of the real resources. They own everything. There's nothing left for anybody else except for this little system that's been crafted for.
Speaker 2: Us to.
Speaker 1: Get by within that exists for the benefit of those who own the whole thing. I mean, that's basically just what's happening. And the government exists as a an administrative apparatus that is essentially controlled by these same people. Because you have that money influenced power, you use it to just buy favor from that administrative entity that we call government. Right, that's how the basic breakdown. I mean, it's not complicated, it's not fancy. That's what's happening. We could get lost in the weeds and complaining about this or that, and we could believe the stupid propaganda campaigns that we've been intellectually killed with, intellectually wounded to the point where we think the battle is here on the ground. New Civil War style, brother against brother. We're fighting each other here in the trenches, right, So we at the bottom level of society, which is pretty much everybody except for a tiny handful of people or on the other side of this thing. But the rest of us are all here fighting each other because we've been made to believe that's that's how we change things. And I mean this proves itself true time and time again. And this isn't to say, going back to the election, that separate candidates do not represent differing interests. They do different power interests. Yes, different investors come along and invest in one side and the other.
Speaker 2: Then they have.
Speaker 1: Specific business reasons for doing so, that's what they're doing. They want more control over the entirety of the system than they already have. They can attain that by putting their preferred executive in place in the government. It's like, if we buy this guy off, he's going to do what we want him to do, and not just him, but it's an entire administration you're buying, right, an entire package, entire plan, oftentimes the details of which are written out by fancy NGO's foundations. They tell you what they're going to do, they tell you the plan. It's like, we're going to do this, this, this, and this, and oftentimes the plan involves using members of the serfdom like us, exploiting us. But it doesn't say it will exploit us. It always says that it will free us in some way or another, or that it's going to give us. We're somehow going to gain advantage. We're going to be able to get fancy jobs in the government. Now, Hey, are you a dim wit? Did you not even get a ged? Great, We're going to give you a really fancy high position in government now because all those positions that used to require a college degree don't anymore, and we won't have the problem that is a bunch of educated idiots running the country anymore.
Speaker 2: Boy, I feel better about things now. I'm not here. I'm not here lauding.
Speaker 1: The success of academia.
Speaker 2: I'm not here.
Speaker 1: There's no good side to take in this. I completely understand the grievance of the working class. I understand it, I get and I live within it. I know it, I have heard and I understand why people feel the way to do people on the low, low level, how they do have grievance, how they do believe that educated people are just morons and they're not always wrong about then. There is there are elements of truth in then, but there's also there's also something to be said for the anti intellectual strain within Certainly, let's just let's just say the one side has a very anti intellectual strength to it. And we're talking about the Donald Trump campaign, right. His target is not the intelligencia, it's not the college educated, right, And we've read, we've all read news stories about this that people with a college degree are going to vote for Kamala Harris, people who don't have a college degree are going to vote for Donald Trump. And now we're just falling into that same old stupid So you look, we're just falling into the mold that we're supposed to.
Speaker 2: We're just going along to get along. And it's the status quo.
Speaker 1: It's this weird, bizarre status quo that once again, nobody asked for this, nobody wants it really to be this way, and yet somehow it ends up being this way, and we all reiterate this and make it true. We all make this the truth because it objectively becomes reality.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is true.
Speaker 1: If you have a college degree, you're probably have a vote for Kamala Harris and vice versa. It's pretty crazy that this ends up being like this, and that they're all these like all these roles we've been given to play in the world. And I think I think that a lot of the frustrations in the midst of all this common from the fact that everybody knows that we're all kind of like playing along and playing a game, and that none of this is really none of this has to be the way that it is right, and so we're all kind of hoping we can vote it away. It's like, nobody likes this, nobody wants this situation the way it is, although it persists.
Speaker 2: Maybe I can vote it away.
Speaker 1: By you know, putting my person in there, and then it never ends up happening. But we have gotten to the point where we're so sick of this whole thing that I think people are welcoming the concept of, yes, let's end democracy, Yes let's end voting, let's end all of this, because clearly the corruption has run so deep that yes, there is there is no longer integrity in the electoral process because of you know, read all the news stories. There's so many that can attest to this. You pick the ones that you like and read this. Okay, I'm not gonna tell you which ones to read. You just read the ones you like. But just know that what I'm saying is the general truth. Right boy, I'm probably building up a really big audience on the show tonight. I'm being so ambiguous. I'm not taking any sides.
Speaker 2: You like this.
Speaker 1: Either that or I'm driving everybody away because I'm not going to their side explicitly. I'm actually probably losing even more people than what I already had, which is I don't know how many people are listening it. It doesn't matter. It does not matter, because the whole point, once again, I think, can be taken by zooming out, seeing.
Speaker 2: That we are.
Speaker 1: A large group of people living in a expanded collective social agreement.
Speaker 2: Be that.
Speaker 1: Local city, county, state, nation, or even the world. Because the world all interacts, it all interact with one another globally on a global scale. Now at this point, so things have been expanded from natural human gatherings pre industrial civilization. So things have changed a lot in a relatively short amount of time. Relatively a couple hundred years is a very short time. You look at what's happened in a couple hundred years. It's a whole lot that is not insignificant. And we could look at this in a similar way that Ray Kurtzwell and his singularity scenario with the Bell curve. The singularities got hit because this Bell curve, exponential growth in computing power is going to make it so that agi just emerges out of that as a consequence, because computing is so strong, we'll just be able to, you know, just kind of consciousness will emerge out of the machine even without even effort. Almost is kind of the idea there. But in a similar fashion, similar alchemical fashion, the Bell curve exists on a human, social and political scale, economic do.
Speaker 2: In that.
Speaker 1: These changes you can place them on a Bell curve. And we have reached a point where perhaps we have reached It's hard to look at a given point and say where it is that we've escaped into or we've reached escape velocity? Right when did things really get out of control? What point in history is the marker? And once again on the last show, I was said about marker points of history and how when you're in them they go unnoticed, but then in hindsight you see them, and we're starting to get hindsight for various things that happened in our lives, I believe, and the marker posts of history are becoming apparent now, which is always kind of fascinating to look back on them. But we do have to be very aware in this moment as we're living out perhaps more and more markers going by faster and faster, were talking about this bell curve sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: What is that? What's happening is human society changing at an ever more rapid pace. What does that mean? What is this strange artificial world we have created? How much has it gotten out of our control? Because as much as I said, there are absolutely stakeholders invested in this thing that are the beneficiaries of this. Absolutely we have to remember that, and we should be pointing at them more often than we do, and we should be holding them to account, which they never are, which is an absolute shame, utterly ridiculous how we allow this and how we continue to just beat up each other. But at the same time, even those who do exercise outsized influence and who have way too much, even they do not maintain complete control over everything because the way that they got there is by manipulating some artificial aspect of this entire system to begin with. You can come up with any sort of clever way to accrue wealth, money, and all that. That's not necessarily even doing anything. It seems like the further we go, the less and less the importance on actually producing some sort of physical product or actually even doing anything is important and more. What gains greater prominence is this same thing we can see with financialization, in that if you can just come up with some scheme to put more more numbers into your bank account, that's all you really have to do. So it's just about like gaming things, gaming the system itself in order to accrue assets, and those assets are even becoming more and more abstract as we go into virtual life the living, but not just using the phones, and we're constantly looking at the screens. We're always on social media, we're always playing games, we're always online. That reality, there's so much to take from that. Yes, we are doing that more and more often, But what does that mean? Where are we? Where do we exist? Where is our mind? Where is our conscious awareness? What space does it inhabit? It inhabits a virtual space? Maybe more often than not. And maybe that's the point of no return, is if you could actually point to a moment in time where when was it where people actually started spending more time inside these virtual spaces, be that like eyes looking at a screen as opposed to your face turned away from a screen, or you know, virtual interface of any sort, and just you're out and about in the physical world, just walking around as humans have walked around in this world since as long as we've been here. What point did that happen? And I know we could sit here and say you're looking, you're pointing the finger in the wrong direction. There's nothing inherently wrong with technology. There's nothing wrong with us indulging in these technologies, and we all do it. I certainly do as much as anybody. Not trying to act like I'm immune to this. Quite the opposite. I'm a part of this. We're all in this together, and once again, solidarity there it is. There's another thing that we can kind of take away that maybe can we can rally with each other and get some sort of good positive energy for once once again the solidarity of our shared oppression and depression in this artificial hellscape that we've all done so much to create, to maintain, and to push further, push the balance further and higher and greater. And that is the main event that Godfrey Reggio spoke about when he was talking about Quiana Scatzi. The main event is that thing which those of us who are living in it never even notice that we're but part of We're all a part of this thing, and somehow it escapes conscious awareness time and time again, it just continues to grow, and there's no end of scapegoats and false narratives to chase, little flights of fancy, like we can retreat into the past, into these fictitious concepts of the past, fictitious concepts of the present, where we can overlay and yes, very much scapegoat a group.
Speaker 2: It's nice to scapegoat people.
Speaker 1: We love to escapeging other people typically, but it doesn't have to be that can be situations and things, and that's a big part of what politics is, the grievance politics. It's like, oh, there's no jobs anywhere, it's because of all the immigrants coming in. They're taking them, and you know, so just blame it on somebody else that may not even be there, and it's probably a problem that the problems the way that we view our problems. Certainly in the political realm, we're always told how to view what the problem is. It is like, you don't have a job. That's a problem. You don't have a job because the liberals carded a bunch of migrants from every evil country in the world and their criminals.
Speaker 2: And they're here now and they're.
Speaker 1: All transgender murderers and they took your job. Meanwhile, there's tons of jobs that you could have, but you don't have one because you don't want to have one. You could be employed somewhere. And truth be told, too, a lot of people are getting pickier and pickier, and this is another way to kind of frame things and blame the victim too. It's like, oh, all these worthless losers aren't going out there and getting jobs because they're lazy. And who are these idiots that are lazy? It's always the younger generation. There are always a bunch of lazy morons that are stupid. The future's gone because they're idiots. They're the ones looking at the screens, they're the ones watching the brain rot content online. It's all their fault. They're stupid. The future's gone because of them. They can't even work, they don't know how to make a resume. Meanwhile, whose children are they? First of all. Second of all, you're looking at this. You've been told how to look at this, and you're looking at this tiny little You've got blinders on, and you've been told what to think, what to say, what to see, how to see it. You've been told who to blame, who to hate, who to be scared of. Meanwhile, you're never given any actual solutions or ways to empower yourself, or actual alternatives to this giant mess that we've all fed into. We never do that. We just keep buying into the same stuff that we love because we like to be lied to. We like uh being told what to think. We like hating. We love to hate. We love hating people. We love hating uh countries. We love hating ideas. We we love hating religions. We love having our own religion and then hating other ones. That's fun. That's a standby. We we just love all of that. Anything that feels bad, it's just great.
Speaker 2: And I don't know, it's just.
Speaker 1: The real problems continue to elude us. This giant story continues to play itself out. I think we all really do know better, which is the odd thing about this. I think unconsciously we all know the truth, but we could just keep playing along with so many of the convenient lies that are so fun to tell.
Speaker 2: That we just keep going with it.
Speaker 1: And once you know it, this digital, virtual, artificial space seems not only to nurture, but to breed the very sorts of divisive ideologies, propaganda weaponry that's used to further enslave us and.
Speaker 2: Push us into this thing.
Speaker 1: If you look at everybody who's out there complaining and yelling, and they're like, ah, they have all the answers, they know all the problems, they have all the scapegoats and lined up and in order, even like this is number one scapegoat, This is number two scapegoat, This is number three that orders importance. This is the leader's scapegoat. This is the one who answers them. These are the ones that come after that. These are all the soldiers at the bottom that are doing the work that you're going to have to fight against in the war. You ever notice the people that know all about that are the ones that clearly are fashioning their air quotes opinions by just looking at analytics and making making attention grabbing material for its own sake, making things just for the sake of getting attention. What gets attention? Yelling and making people mad and getting people angry, being divisive, what gets engagement? How do you engage people? You get them angry at you as one way to engage. Forgive me, I was just plugging something in.
Speaker 2: Isn't that apropos But it doesn't take a lot of insight to see.
Speaker 1: That the people that are doing this the most are just like digging into the analytics and seeing what Google's hold them that people clicked on the most. That's what's informing their decisions on their performative outrage. That's what thrives in this bizarre false reality that we're living in. That's on the political end of things. Of course, there is the more superficial, superfluous, purely entertainment value fluff that exists in the same sort of vein, in that it has just become clickbait. So any sort of entertainment even that we seek as an escape to just relax and enjoy ourselves, like I'm going to watch this silly video or I'm going to watch a documentary on my favorite online video platform. I'm going to watch this creator they the video blog, and I like it. A lot of the stuff that used to be there that was it seems like it becomes less and less substantive as time goes on, the more and more just clickbait because that's what the platform, that's what the medium turns out. And this is algorithmically driven as well. We have to realize, so the engineering technological aspect of this is always.
Speaker 2: At the forefront, or should be.
Speaker 1: We should realize it is the data science, the analytics, the algorithms, the systems, the computer systems, the logic.
Speaker 2: Of the machine or lack thereof.
Speaker 1: It's not necessarily a human logic, however, it is humans. So it's a weird biofeedback thing. It's it's a it's a back and forth between the weird technological UH space and the way that it at, the operating system of that and those that are existing within it, the biological creatures that are inputting and using this thing, making building the content within it, interacting with it, interacting with each other through the interface that is the digital technologies. So it's it's this weird back and forth relationship between man and the machine. It might even be a romance and make a romance novel, a science fiction romance novelt of this whole thing. A few people already have. There's been some pretty insightful pieces of fiction that have played to this. Blade Runner twenty forty nine comes to mind. This is an excellent movie. But so there is such a thing as art that still exists. There is such a thing as being able to have insight and understanding as to actual truth of what's truly going on beyond just the nonsense that we're expected to take part in. Don't have to only be about that, So there's the good thing. Doesn't only have to be that. We don't only have to worry about what we're told to worry about. So I'm going to try not to do that. To do my best on this show. It's a herculean task for all of us. It's a big challenge.
Speaker 2: It's a big.
Speaker 1: Challenge in our day and age. Those of us that are up to the task, I hope that we have it in us to do our best in the face of this thing. Because we've got we'orthy adversary in front of us, and that adversary is, to a great extent, just ourselves.
Speaker 2: Ourselves.
Speaker 1: We are fighting ourselves in every sense of it. So I hope that you can take heart and find ways to move ahead as you.
Speaker 2: Will within all this. I hope you know who you're voting for.
Speaker 1: I hope, I hope you're ready for the outcome, which is, once I said, a foregone conclusion. I don't know exactly how that's gonna all pan out, but it's gonna be wild and crazy, so be ready for that. It could be fun. Just make it enjoyable as much as much as that can be, which it will not be, but you know, just make the most of it, Okay, make the most of it. We'll do what we can do here. This is the age of transitions. After all, we are in it. There's no way out, and do keep listening to the show. It's been a long time since I've had a guest, but I will have more. I'm actually supposed to interview somebody this weekend, so as long as everything goes according to plan, I will have a new interview. At least is totally I'll be able to play that on the next week's show. I'll record it and then play it on the show is what I'm planning to do. We'll see how that works out. I have to work on my social skills and also find it within myself to try to find somebody I actually want to talk to. It seems like there's less than less people like that, at least in this digital space. When I exist in the day to day actual life, where I'm walking around in the world and doing normal.
Speaker 2: Everyday things, I usually like everybody.
Speaker 1: And even the people I don't particularly like, I always understand their shortcomings. So I'm like, Okay, this person is annoying or their pain or I really don't particularly even like them. However I can understand. I try to understand what their motivations might be, and of course I don't know all of them, but generally speaking, I'm like, Okay, I think I see where they're coming from. The annoying things that they do, I can.
Speaker 2: See why they may be doing it.
Speaker 1: Then there could be some virtuous angles as to why they've probably made what seemed to be the wrong decision so many times, But I can't truly dislike or be mad at them. That's most people I feel that about that, and actually most people I actually just like straight out it's like, oh yeah, this person's cool, and like maybe they've got some idiosynchronic behavior even where they you know, like the crusty person that's like always grumpy, that's kind of endearing, right.
Speaker 2: It's like you would think that they're going out their.
Speaker 1: Way to not be liked, but then that actually ends up being like this quality that endears them to you. It's like, oh yeah, that that old grump. What a what a cool person?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Also that So that's actual life.
Speaker 1: But here, when we become avatars in the virtual world, it's a whole nother ballgame where we become disembodied.
Speaker 2: And we become.
Speaker 1: These personas which very much are easy to hate, and the hateful aspects of these things we amplify due to the space that we're existing, and it amplifies the dark side of us, seems to which might be noteworthy. We might want to pay attention to that, or we could just keep going on living in this thing till we don't have any other option to even live in an actual physical world anymore, and see how that all works out for us. So we have options, that's what's exciting. We can we can choose our future. The real election going on, What do we elect to do with ourselves? How do we where do we put our energies? Where do we put our attention? Once again, do we choose to pay attention to all the things we're told to pay attention to, or do we go our own way? I think it is possible to do that. We have to remember that we're in this greater scheme of things and do what we can within that. But we do have to also understand our strengths and see what we're able to do and where we're able to do it, what gets us the most bang for our buck, where we don't even have to use bucks. Those are nice places to We're out there, let's see here. So yes, look forward to hopefully some interviews that I'll have again. I'll try to be nicer and I'll try to be more sociable and cordial and not despise everybody. See I'm a victim of this too, I was saying that. But I'll find people, I will talk to them. I will put on this show. Hopefully it'll be pretty interesting. There's some pretty interesting characters out there, so look forward to that. On upcoming episodes of the Age of Transitions podcast, We're also a live radio show on the Oceli Radio Network Friday nights. Perhaps you're listening just right now as I record this Friday, October eighteen, twenty twenty four. It's a time in space. It's pleading it to continue, the ever flowing river of time. It's exciting to be on float downstream to wherever this takes us. Hopefully we don't pollute the river too much as we're floating. That would be a useful thing to try to consciously do as well, pollute less. I think we have it in us to do that. Make that choice. There might be better ways of doing things, Clearly there are, we just have to make the choice to want to do them. So many obvious answers that just never got pursued. It's a strange, strange world when we live our lives this way. Just keep doing things that we know aren't right. So hopefully we can do less of that and do more of doing the things that we know are right. So with that in mind, I'm coming to the end of the show. Oh, of course, this being the Chili Radio Network on a Friday night, you know that the Uncle Show is coming up, so do continue to listen. You can call into that, So get your phone ready to call in. It's gonna be fun. Government power is now coming to a close, so now we can be comedy.
Speaker 4: Times Revelation through Conversation.
Speaker 5: The War State by Michael Swanson explains the great national transformation that took place and put the Kennedy presidency in the context of the Times and revealed never before published information about the Cuban missile crisis. President Kennedy would not have been assassinated if he had been president two hundred years ago. His assassination took place in the context of the Cold War and the rise of the national security state. Before World War II, the United States was a continental republic. In the decade that followed, it became an imperial superpower. Generals such as Curtis LeMay not only wanted to invade Cuba, but knew that there were short range missiles on the island armed with nuclear warheads that they could not destroy because they were on mobile launchers. Their invasion could have led to a Third World War, and they wanted to go to war anyway. The War State by Michael Swanson reveals why and will show you what President Kennedy was up against. For more information the Warstate dot com.
Speaker 6: Do you like history, Real history that you were never taught in schools? Why the Vietnam War, Nuclear Bombs and Nation Building in Southeast Asia by author Mike Swanson, with new documentation never seen before that'll open your eyes to events that led up to this. Why the Vietnam War, Nuclear Bombs and Nation Building in Southeast Asia nineteen forty five through nineteen sixty one. Get your copy today at Amazon dot com. Why the Vietnam War by author Mike Swanson. In Denial Secret Wars with Air Strikes and Tanks by Larry Hancock. Secret wars became a staple of US covert operations and are still happening today. Larry Hancock's book In Denial rips the cover off many of them, using new files. It exposes things about the Bay of Pigs that no one has ever written about before. It shows why it really failed and why the United States did not learn from it. It also shows why other countries today are doing secret operations with more success. This is the book that puts what some want to deny into the light.
Speaker 7: In Denial, Secret Wars with air Strikes and Tanks Larry Hancock for more information, go to Larry hyphen Hancock dot com. Pick up your copy of In Denial at Amazon dot com in digital or physical thing.
Speaker 2: Let them know, let him know, Let to let them know. I'm well off.
Speaker 1: Chocolate, the tar rots, the bull light Up.
Speaker 3: The drug Show.
Speaker 1: I'm bringing all shot, a lot of terror rods of them, the light at the drug Show.
Speaker 3: The wone, this method, the world's worst professional pocket.
Speaker 6: Dot com radio network Chili dot com.
Speaker 2: Can you expressed my callers? Tools there anyone else who happens to get on the air of Jolly dot com.
Speaker 7: Do not necessarily replet hews li Lly dot com or Jolly and we are not responsible for any stupidity which might issue.
Speaker 3: Thank you, honey, money money, money, money, money, honey. This is a Montasey podcast coread. Go ahead, go wait here.
Speaker 8: We pick up your hands, your cellphones and how me and listen to I'll go to the podcast.
Speaker 3: Watch out if you're sitting down for this or if you're standing.
Speaker 8: Up, the better get ready for this because it's gonna hit their hair drums.
Speaker 3: I'll go the podcast.
Speaker 1: You were listening to uncle the broadcast. My name's Eric, I'm the nephew inaw here at Lisa started a show Uncle, Ladies gentle Man.
Speaker 3: Three and forty is the episode. And here we are what I'm going to say, I got my.
Speaker 2: Eares cleaned out.
Speaker 3: Oh I sure can hear that thing round and clear. And you insisted and butt my ears on that show. It's hey hair, drums Man gave you if you if you out of yet, so the battlement get that into the head.
Speaker 1: The good thing about that Uncle is when people call into the show to they you will be able to hear them much clearer than before.
Speaker 2: So that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: So if you want to call in, please do three one nine, five to seven five zero one six, or you skype and type a message to Chuck, Charles.
Speaker 3: Lly and Eddie like going to game six.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 1: Going to game six and it's a close one. In the other one very six five, So we could talk about Major League Baseball games. We're live on the Chili Range.
Speaker 2: The Mets. The Mets took a beating the one Night though eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I know, I know they read it two. But I am feeling that they got a push to come back. I think they would do it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you I stopped watching the other night and I was like, after I watched the eight nothing blowout, then I saw mosing like five nothing, and I said, you know what, I'm done watching. I almost feel like I was causing a curse.
Speaker 2: You know. I was thinking the same thing, being I'm.
Speaker 3: Doing it with my picks. And that's why I'm not in football. I'm not looking at it. I know what's happening. I'm right now head by a game. But that would because the Thursday game. But I'm saying to myself, if I'm watching these games, I'm going to lose. So what I'm gonna do is not even watch me watch it and see what happened.
Speaker 2: He's the solution there. Just stop watching and then just and.
Speaker 7: I do the same thing now, Jimmy, Jimmy incorrectly told me earlier that the Mets were done.
Speaker 2: I said, you kidding me, They're already done. They can't be. No, I know it's not. Now. I see he.
Speaker 3: Saw. What Jimmy saw was Dodge just winning two more games nextra in New York, and so at three to one, that's what he saw, right, And and he threw it up the windows, saying, now they're done.
Speaker 2: And like he said to you, but.
Speaker 3: Look at what that But look what came up, Jimmy boy.
Speaker 7: Right, two possible games. Like look, that's what the Mets did all season, right, So what I'm seeing they keep coming back and and and that's the thing. They get under it and they get beat up bad.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know what, I think they like to be the professor being. They want to they do that.
Speaker 2: They like coming from behind him.
Speaker 3: They want to charge, they want to competition. They will how they have it with the Dodgers, But they are pushing themselves and that's what I think they do.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you this though, because you've been watching the Tony all year, right, yeah, okay, So do they stick him in the outfield sometimes?
Speaker 2: Is that what they do with him?
Speaker 3: Or do they just you know him, well only mony d H most of the time.
Speaker 2: Well that makes sense, I would d H.
Speaker 3: Since I heard that he can't pitch anymore, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: So now he's DH.
Speaker 3: That what I'm hearing.
Speaker 2: He was pitching just fine the other night. Oh he did just the other night. I missed that one. That's what he was. Yeah, he was pitching for a bit the other night.
Speaker 7: I saw him pitch and I said, man, this guy is actually better than I thought. I mean, even all the stuff I read about him, I never seen him play right.
Speaker 3: But what I heard about he said he was hurting because he couldn't pitch anymore.
Speaker 2: But I don't.
Speaker 3: Missus, uh miss his sidekick saying something about that.
Speaker 2: And then he said yeah. And then he fouled the ball off and it might have hit his toe. It might not. But then and then he filed the ball off and it hit him right in the crotch. I did see that. Yet two times in a row he hit himself the ball. That was crazy.
Speaker 7: He hit him the foot maybe, but the same thing is that the shot on the foot, you're not sure you know, you're looking at it, going did that ball make contact with his foot or not? Right with the shot and the crotch, No, that definitely happened, and he sugar he shook it off good.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: Initially the announcers thought he got hitting the side and I was like, yeah, that didn't look like the side.
Speaker 2: Then they played the replay and they went, whoa, Nope, not the side. That was horrible.
Speaker 7: Oh god, I thought, yeah, I thought he was going to go out of the game with that, you know, And then the Mets picture. The Mets hitter got hit right on the thigh with a fastball and I thought, oh man, this guy's going to go out because he rolled on the ground like, you know, like somebody broke something. And I said, oh boy, here we go.
Speaker 3: But that game they lost, you know that dame he last, and that must have been three three wins for the Dodgers at that time, right, yeah, they three to one. They're saying, no, that's one more game went, it's double. But no, wait a minute, right, turn the page.
Speaker 2: Well, the Dodgers, because.
Speaker 3: Amount bombing, it's.
Speaker 2: Still tough to come out.
Speaker 7: It's still tough to come out in a three to one depicit because look, the Dodgers only have to win one of the next.
Speaker 2: Two right at home, at home, at home. Yeah, I know er stadium, I know that.
Speaker 7: So the Mets are behind the eight ball bad right, Even if they win the next one, even if they crush them, it don't matter because they could still just win. They could just squeak out one of these two games. That's all they gotta do.
Speaker 3: What just one game and tell them like they say, but look what they did. For example, look what they did the Philly the foot they won't done. I'm finished. Right, they came back and boom, they swept that. They took them out. So I can't really put my finger on this whole series.
Speaker 2: And then they got that kid Hernandez, right, was a kiky Hernandez. Oh yeah yeah yeah. And that guy all of a sudden, when when he goes into the postseason he cranks up.
Speaker 3: Wait, yeah, that's the other thing.
Speaker 2: He's like this ezy.
Speaker 3: He got these crazy hitters that will go crazy, and they oh, it's time to go.
Speaker 2: This is the end of the year.
Speaker 7: It looks you know, when you when you were a younger man, when you were a younger man, uncle, you could watch Reggie Jackson.
Speaker 2: They called him mister October right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard about him too. Yeah, he was the guy.
Speaker 7: He was the guy if you if you were in the postseason, you had Reggie with you, you were going to do good because he was going to crank.
Speaker 2: It up in the postseason every time.
Speaker 7: But this is the time, Oh my up, Dodgers got like three mister October's and otani I mean jesus, yeah, yeah, yeah, exacting. But it's a mexicaneak by on him. Man, I don't know, you know that that'll be that'll be something. I don't have a lot of faith because you know, they need to use their bullpen. They need to use like six pitchers a game to get by exactly.
Speaker 2: That's what I believe they did.
Speaker 9: Or someone's something they did, something they did, they did they hitting, they woke up pitting finally with so many hits or the bump pen thing.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing with them.
Speaker 7: It's either feast or famine, right, It's either they get lots of hits or nothing, lots or nothing. It's all or nothing with them. It's so funny because that's really what the Mets are like.
Speaker 3: And that's what I kept looking at myself, what's all with these people? What wrong with these Mets? And they're doing what.
Speaker 2: You just said?
Speaker 3: What what the heck is this?
Speaker 7: Well, you realize outside of that Subway series in two thousand or two thousand and one, right before that, the last time they were in there was eighty eight. For God's sake, you know, so it's been a while, it's been a minute, and uh, you know, look they're due. But I don't know, man, even if they don't get it. See, here's the funny thing though, the Dodgers they should win this.
Speaker 2: Yes, if they don't, you.
Speaker 7: Know, what are people going to say about the Mets going into it's the Yankees say, because I don't think for a second that the Commanders are going to succeed beating the Yankees.
Speaker 2: What do you think of that one? Right now?
Speaker 3: The score was when I came up six to five Yankees.
Speaker 1: Shuck, it's the Guardians you're talking about that. You're talking about Cleveland Guardians. I'm sorry, the Guardian. You know what I mixed itall?
Speaker 2: That's the Red right, Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: I knew the two different Indians got changed to the Commanders and the Guardians, but I mix them up.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you're right.
Speaker 7: Well, one was the Indians and one was the Redskins. Anyway, we talked about Chief Wahoo on the Friday Night College Show. So yes, anyhow, I'll shut up now, but just give you a little note here, uncle. You got listeners in Germany and Canada and all over the US according to the Ocelli stream. I have no idea who's listening on Twitter or anywhere else we're watching any of the live streams, But on the Ocelli stream, that's what we got and uh so, welcome to you from around the world and thanks for tuning in.
Speaker 2: Okay, right now, not so bad. I don't know what what can we talk about?
Speaker 10: This?
Speaker 2: Should I kick.
Speaker 3: This? Phone call?
Speaker 2: Here's what we're gonna talk about.
Speaker 3: Okay, phone call, ling up and talking to the band, let's go.
Speaker 2: There. Listening to the.
Speaker 11: Conversation, I I I hope they take the Dodgers, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like I was telling Chuck, the darn thing they were coming on, coming on, Look what they did to Look what they did to Hilly. Yeah, but you're rooting for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: It's gonna happen. But you're root You're rooting for the Dodgers though, right Uncle, I mean, Jimmy, you're talking. Are you rooting for the Dodgers? Uncle, I'm talking to you right now. Are you rooting for the Dodgers or not?
Speaker 3: No? No, I'm I'm a med man.
Speaker 2: You want that I needed to check Listen, I'm that man.
Speaker 3: I'm born in Brooklyn. Why wouldn't I be for the Mets, not for those sorry Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Sorry because the Dodgers came from how about that?
Speaker 3: No, I'm saying what I'm saying, is I ain't glad to see the Mets get in because I was from there. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I got you. That's fine, that's saying. That's what I'm saying. If it wasn't the Mets, though, you'd probably be rooting for the Dodgers, right, Okay, So that's what I want the Dodgers to add. How about that?
Speaker 3: Because you're not from New York, So that's why that's understandable. This is my point I'm trying to tell people. But that's what I'm trying to.
Speaker 7: I'm always confused about this their sidekick. Are you originally from Ohio or Pennsylvania? Which which one is it?
Speaker 2: Yes, originally Pennsylvania. Okay.
Speaker 1: And if we're talking baseball by baseball team, I am fond of the Phillies because I grew up watching them in the nineteen nineties, especially the team. I could go on and on about that team, which I find fascinating, but I watched them, So I lean on the Phillies as a baseball team. But then for other sports I usually go with the l A team, the LA Rams. Yeah, okay, Dodgers. So I you know, so you you got into the Phillies when Pete Rose left. Basically, yeah, yeah, I remember Mike Schmidt right third playing, But that was before I even realized that I was so little. Then I was more the Lenny Dikstra, John Cruk, Darren Dalden, those guys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that is the team that I watched. Dykeshra you got from the Mets. But that was a bad trade. But yeah, but Dykesher was a tough player for the Phillies for years and years. Anyways, Okay, Kirk Shilling right right, McGraths, how about that?
Speaker 2: Was he still there? I don't remember that name. I don't remember watching him. I've heard of that name.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yes, kid, I remember what he was, Yes, yes, I remember him. Uncle remembers I remember that guy, of course, Yeah, yeah, I remember him.
Speaker 2: The cool name that was.
Speaker 3: That was the guy that was getting like the motor going, get the motive going, and he was moving along.
Speaker 2: So that's why his name's Tug super animated. Yeah animated. I remember him.
Speaker 3: I remember him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tug the cards start the engine.
Speaker 3: Here's something like that.
Speaker 2: It was like that guy.
Speaker 3: Have you had a long hair or was his short hair?
Speaker 2: I don't know it was.
Speaker 3: Hair, but but I think deygnated show.
Speaker 7: Out a bit, you know what, id Phillies back then, honestly, Aaron, because I had you know, Philly stations in New Jersey, right, so I used to be able to watch you know, Philly baseball a lot. Is that like they made more excuse for the Phillies when they lost. Their announcers would always be like, the Phillies should have won this, and if they did, they didn't hear what. It was never the team's fault.
Speaker 2: It was always something else, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: It was like, oh, well, you know, they should have beat him, you know, because they got Dykestra and that's it, and they should have beat him, you know, like every time, every time it wasn't.
Speaker 11: Like, look we just got to beat you know what, fur winning Tigers.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'd have to check showing.
Speaker 1: He bounced around to a few different teams, but he was on the Phillies for a minute.
Speaker 2: I forget where he ended up going, uh Red. He became a star with Phi his career. Maybe, I don't know. Yeah, I think Philly. I think the Red Sox A bunch of teams. He was kind of like just a journeyman knock around, who gives a crap where he is? Guy?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: And uh okay, so he he starts, according to what I see here on the internet, he starts with the Orioles and the Astros and he goes to the Phillies for.
Speaker 2: About eight years. Yes, it was a while.
Speaker 7: Yeah, then the Arizona Diamondbacks, then the Boston Red Sox, and then he's done.
Speaker 2: He retires that he did end up in Boston. Yeah okay, yeah, yeah, yeah right, And now.
Speaker 1: Now he's now he's loving quanon online and just spreading the truth.
Speaker 2: But he was like a nobody.
Speaker 7: He was like a nobody for years and years until toward the end of his run with the Phillies. Then he was a big contract pitcher. And I'm thinking, when did the Diamondbacks come into existence, because he might have been one of those guys that they gave up, like they didn't protect him, so he got drafted over there.
Speaker 2: He might have been one of those guys. I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was probably early on with the team, because I remember it coming into existence like deadly later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Diamondbacks did one, no one of these days, not long ago.
Speaker 2: Was it last year? The year before they won. Yeah, they won the little series.
Speaker 12: I remember when it was close to one year, one year ago with something. I thought they went to one, but they lost recently. Didn't that happen just one two years ago?
Speaker 2: All right? I can't remember. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Well, Kurt Schilling was the first twenty game winner that the Diamondbacks ever had, according to I just went to the franchise timeline and they mentioned that first, by the way, on their timeline. But let's see, it looks like, oh no, wait, ninety nine, I guess they came into existence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that sounds right. Ninety nine sounds about right them. And what other team did the Devil Rays Devil Rais?
Speaker 1: Yeah, another one too. Did Colorado Rockies coming the No, that was earlier. That was the same year that the Marlins came When in ninety I was like early nineties ninety two Marlins two?
Speaker 3: Okay, ninety two, that's when mount where the Mullins came.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, right, okay, I'm gonna go, I'm gonna look that up. But I'm just from my own memory. I think the Marlins came in in ninety two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was the Rockies Sam time, That's what I was saying that does that does sound right? Yeah?
Speaker 11: I forgot the important part. The Lions destroyed the Cowboys just destroyed.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah I had them.
Speaker 3: I had them this face wait I had them, but but but but look who you lost in that game?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, just just for the record, and just for the record.
Speaker 7: Uh, the Marlins came into existence in ninety two, and they didn't They played their first game in ninety three.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh yeah, you hold on? Is on this line? He got hello? Hang on, hang on? Who's that talking? There?
Speaker 5: We go?
Speaker 13: All right, man, I got to make a couple of corrections from what I've been hearing here. Tawny has not pitched. He's coming off with Tommy John surgery. He's projected to pitch next year. There has been some rumor. There's been some rumor he may pitch in the postseason. I'm guessing maybe in a relief role, but that has not happened yet. Chuck, uh and uncle, you're not a Mets fan. They're from Queens. You say you're from Brooklyn. Where the hell do you think the Dodgers began? The Dodgers Tooklyn. I wear my Brooklyn Dodger cap more than I wear the l a Dodger cap. Wait a minute, Wait a minute, the Dodgers began in Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: I'll go forgot where he's from.
Speaker 1: He's from a different boroughs in that area.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you.
Speaker 13: You're not a Mets fan. Man, Get off of that. You're no Mets fan. Quick, kind of fool everybody.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought Otani was pitching.
Speaker 13: I thought is a Mets fan. Chuck is an authentic Mets fan. You are not a Mets fan, Uncle stock.
Speaker 2: Of Mantani.
Speaker 7: By the way, just.
Speaker 2: Oani, did I know what.
Speaker 13: I'm talking about. I'm a baseball you know what. I understand that.
Speaker 2: He's correct, though, did not pitch, That's right. I didn't know. Why are they putting designated hitters in the National League playoff games? Well, it's it's a it's a whole different Well, no.
Speaker 13: They started that last year. The National League has the d H. Now, Chuck, God, everybody, we're all DH.
Speaker 7: Now what you heard me ask like, did they put him in the outfield or what? Because I didn't understand how he was in there unless he was pitching and he hit.
Speaker 2: A home run.
Speaker 13: No, No, he's a DH because the National League adopted the DH last year.
Speaker 2: Oh, for God's sake, that's why the regular.
Speaker 13: Season, postseason we're all DH.
Speaker 2: Now, oh, God help him with all the.
Speaker 13: H until I become ruler of baseball, then I will get rid of the DH. But right now we're all the H.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, that's how he's gotten his hits, right, and he's uh, what is he is? The agent? He's gone six for twenty seven yeah. Yeah, in the postseason yeah, but yeah, but.
Speaker 13: With runners on base, he's like seventeen for twenty one. Yeah, right just before the season ended. He's got a crazy, crazy line. He runners on base, he knocks him in. Of course he hits the odd leadoff home run now and then, but like but no, yeah, he's got a crazy thing. He's hitting like two hundred, but all of his hits for the last month have come with runners on base.
Speaker 2: So it was pretty wild.
Speaker 13: They called him in the Unicorn man, and he he hit that ball.
Speaker 2: Now you did you see that ball? He fouled off his crotch.
Speaker 13: I didn't see anything.
Speaker 3: I I got the at that deal.
Speaker 13: So I'm listening to the radio broadcast. I'll watch the highlights later.
Speaker 2: Well, did you hear how he fouled off the crotch.
Speaker 13: I hope he's okay, man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he looked he was in pain. I'll tell you that much he was. He was like really struggling to shake it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was that was right. Yeah. But oh but chuck, uh, chuck. Count Pepper says he's on the phone line. Actually, I'm not sure.
Speaker 13: If let's Count Pepper know about baseball?
Speaker 3: Bring him in here.
Speaker 2: He's next in line. You want me to add him?
Speaker 3: And now hold on a second, you that's uh, let's put him on in line.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: You want me to leave, so you want me to leave conversations, Well, let me ask you, uncle, Let me ask you so I know what I'm doing here.
Speaker 2: You want me to leave ed on and just bring Count Popper or what? Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, what about let's have them to talk to you proper, talk to a.
Speaker 2: I want to have that about. I'm listening to this, all right, Pupper.
Speaker 13: I'm a couple of cocktails into this man, and you better know some baseball.
Speaker 14: Like I've been having a few drinks too. I was just gonna say, I love my Phillies. They weren't playing aggressive, they weren't slinging at any of the pictures they should have been swinging at. They were being kind of a bit of a pussy and they had one the strongest openings of all time in the season, and they really let us all down, all the silly fans.
Speaker 2: So Ed, I gotta ask you, I gotta ask a question. Listen, you hope the Mets lose all he was pupper? Then all right? Anyways, listen, Ed, I got.
Speaker 13: No bard, Baby, I got a cuss.
Speaker 7: Do you think is going to recover from this Tommy John surgery? Because a lot of these pictures, I mean some do, but a lot of them they go through that Tommy John surgery.
Speaker 2: They're never the same who we're talking.
Speaker 7: About sometimes, but I mean they're never the look I said, they're never the same.
Speaker 2: I didn't say they're never better. I said they're never the same. And some of them in their careers are over.
Speaker 7: I mean, he's still got a hell of a bat apparently, So you know, I mean, you could figure a place, especially if the National League is going to keep the damn d h Uh. It makes me sick, but it's a new game, a new game that's horrible. I hate when you know, if a pitcher can throw at somebody. See, I'm telling you. They had a Japanese guy, another guy Yamamoto or whatever.
Speaker 2: That's who was picture still on Dodges.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he hit and he had a hit batsman that night, the same night as Otani hit, but one of the home runs, not the night he hit the lead off, but the night he knocked in a couple of people or whatever. That night he hit one of the mets right on the leg hard. And I said to myself, you know what, that sucks because this guy he could hit somebody. And I don't think of tany Yamamoto meant to hit him.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 7: But either way, if he did, if somebody got nasty like that, this guy needs to stand in the box.
Speaker 2: I mean that's the way I've always seen it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well they told him, Yeah, you go out of the game to take yours take. You're out of the game, chef out and sit down on the bench.
Speaker 2: Just so what so you get Okay, I get an early night bye. So what you know what I'm saying that.
Speaker 7: No real consequence though, you know what, you throw out a star player, you hurt their star player or something. Man, you know, I got no problem with the next picture drilling one off of your back, you know what I mean, because it's like turn the bouts. I mean, seriously there, you know. I mean, I know we live in the age of everybody needs to be careful with everybody. But you know, come on, either you're gonna play the game or you're not, you know what I mean. And I say a pitcher has to stand in that box. Yeah, that makes sense. It's it's always odd to me.
Speaker 1: I mean I never really played baseball personally, so I always found it odd that somebody's so good at pitching that they can't turn around and back like the other players all over the field.
Speaker 2: Like, what is it about pitching? Does it wear your arm out so much? It's a totally different skill? Is it's a completely different skill? Well, isn't it a different skill from playing first base too? You know what I mean? Like, it doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 7: But here's the thing, Eric, Look, the honest thing is if you can pitch real, real, well, you don't need to hit.
Speaker 2: Right whether or not. I mean, even when you got the class.
Speaker 7: It's a protected class. So look, if you're a good enough pitcher, we don't care if you can hit. Now Atani is a unicorn, Like.
Speaker 3: It was very good and he hits.
Speaker 2: Oh I knew who he was.
Speaker 3: He played for the Giants and he moved over to another team. I don't know what I was gardener, that's bum gardener.
Speaker 2: But you were talking about David Colen when he was with the Mets, was a good hitter.
Speaker 3: Well, you're talking about Chuck about hitting and pitching and the hitting. Bum Garner. He is a good hitter and a good swinger, a good mumper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but a freak of nature though, I mean, we haven't seen.
Speaker 3: He's a freak of nature.
Speaker 2: We haven't seen a guy like this.
Speaker 3: By talking about you're talking about pitch, there's no hit. This d h stuff and this stuff he'd take. It's like taking his bat, Bumgarne, his bat away from him. And but you know he's good to hear.
Speaker 2: Well. I always, I always.
Speaker 1: I always found it odd that Otani was on the Angels in the American League the whole time, where it seems like he was clearly made to be in the National League, that he could be hitting and pitching, Like, why is this guy not on a national league team?
Speaker 2: Why the Angels?
Speaker 1: Well, see I would see no problem sticking the Dodgers the rule change, but I would see.
Speaker 7: No problems sticking him on an American League team, because you know what, where is there a rule that says you can't be a DH and a pitcher. So I would DH this guy a couple times a week and then let him pitch in his rotation, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean and they did that? Yeah, and didn't didn't the Angels do that with him? Or no? Yeah? Yeah? Anyway, okay, yeah, as I recall, they did do that. Yeah, you know, I don't know the American League.
Speaker 7: I've never been a fan of the American League, mainly for this DHS situation.
Speaker 2: But now there's no damn difference. So I it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm sure I'm getting actually on this truth. I'm actually getting bored. Pum this DH. What you guys do that?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, all right, because.
Speaker 15: These DH I do agree. Like I go back to Goddill again. This guy hit the pool to the pitch and hit the pool and threw the pitch.
Speaker 3: What is wrong with a pitcher hitting a pool?
Speaker 2: It removes okay, but it removes a whole element of the game where you had. Look, let's figure out do we need.
Speaker 7: To take this guy out for a hit or now you know what I mean, do we need to bring in another bat because okay, I got a defensive shortstop. He's great a defense, but he doesn't hit worth the crap. Or we got a good catcher and we need a good catcher, but he doesn't hit.
Speaker 2: He can't run, he can't hit.
Speaker 3: How they work it, that's how the managers work it. Well said it, Chuck, But.
Speaker 7: It removes that whole element, like I don't need to worry about okay Otani. You know what I'll do, move him over and when he's done his pitching arms tired, fine, let's put him in the DH spot after, you know, swap out the DH they held it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean. And that way you've got a power threat in the lineup the whole time. Yeah, was what he had fifty six this year fifty five something like that, ed fifty four, fifty four and he's not even a pumped.
Speaker 13: Up looking gun stolen basis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's got speed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, think about that fifty to fifty player. Yeah, I mean that's outrageous. That's ever Hall of Fame, Like he's almost guaranteed Hall of Fame already, right.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, he's I know that.
Speaker 3: He's kept saying. He kept saying on the interview when when he was talking to his manager, he won it go to a team that because he gets into the play of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wants to win something.
Speaker 3: He should win to win something. He kept saying that oba and over again to his manager and his managers, saying, just like we're talking.
Speaker 2: Just like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to get a team that really really needs me. And like he did, he went to the Dungees. Yeah, yeah, that's how it happened.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't know what size contract he's gonna get, but I mean, geez, you know, even even without the pitching on them, he's saying he's got he's on.
Speaker 13: A ten year, seven hundred million guys.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's one of that. You didn't hear about that? Yeah, I thought so, but I wasn't sure if that was like the rumored deal.
Speaker 7: But you know, you know what I mean where they always release all these things, this is what we think the deal is going to be, and then you know it doesn't turn out that way.
Speaker 13: I know, yeah, because he because he's because a good picture. You know, Clayton Kershaw was the first thirty million plus guy pitcher just as a pitcher. But Otani, he's a top line starter and a slugger, right he does. You know, he's got to get two paychecks.
Speaker 2: Here pretty much. I don't see any objection there. I mean, look, if these other guys are worth I don't either.
Speaker 7: These other guys are worth three hundred million over the course of a decade. This guy's easily worth six, you know, just saying if that's.
Speaker 13: What the going rate is and he's getting seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well so be it. Get what you can get. I mean, you know, it's not like these franchises. Yeah, I mean I know it hurts us because now you know.
Speaker 13: Of course, you know what he's not when he comes back from this Tommy John. See if he's still got the ninety six to one hundred mile an hour fastball and all the other pitches he has, you know, I mean, he's it's not like he can pitch, but he's so so he's a top line starter.
Speaker 7: Well see that's the other thing is it looks even if he doesn't have the val he could come back and you know, he's very intelligent.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm watching what he's doing with his process at the plate.
Speaker 7: Even he's an intelligent hitter, so you know, I'm imagining that with his stats as a pitcher's he's been very intelligent there. Some of these guys lose velocity and it's okay, you know, I mean, you don't need to be a fireman.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Kershaw lost his velocity, but he's still one of the better pictures when he's healthy, even without his velocity.
Speaker 7: Because he started utilizing a little trickery. It's like he throws you off with the with the splitter or whatever, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And it's deceptive. It's about the deception out of the hand.
Speaker 7: If your fastball looks the same as the change up, you know, these guys are screwed. I mean, it's very hard to hit.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 13: Big part of baseball is the mind game, you know, between the hitter and the picture. It's a mind game.
Speaker 2: That's why. That's why I still him. That's what baseball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it works, the mind, It works, the mind exactly.
Speaker 1: Hit it, uncle, You.
Speaker 2: I think bailed on us, by the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's in the chat at turch he said he had to get going, but he's in the chat.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 1: Oh he's not there, now, get well, he's not on the phone, but he's he went, he's on the chat twitch.
Speaker 2: He said he had to get going. But we do have u we stoll ed, we stove Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna put Jimmy on with it or Jimmy, Yeah, I have Jimmy come on for a few minutes.
Speaker 2: You all right, whatever you want, your hour, whatever you say. Indeed, So there he goes. Now we got Jimmy on with it at the same time. So I don't know. Maybe they're going to talk Tigers now. Job.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 11: The North Conference is now the best in all of football. I mean we're we're were it's at now. I don't think it's out West or East. I think the Lions, the Bears, the Vikings, the Packers.
Speaker 2: I think we're the ones to be I told.
Speaker 3: You, I told you, didn't I tell you watch out for those Bears.
Speaker 2: We're back to the flyover States.
Speaker 3: They were gonna be good bears. Wait until you guys play the piss. That's gonna be a hard one to pick picking tones here. Huh yeah yeah, So uncle.
Speaker 2: You said you said you don't want to pick football. To uncle, you said, you don't want to pick football, But.
Speaker 7: Who do you think forget about who you're rooting for. Who do you think is going to be in the World Series? Who do you think is going like?
Speaker 2: Who do you think practically is most likely to be in that World Series next week?
Speaker 3: I think that Yankees will be there.
Speaker 2: Yankees will be there.
Speaker 3: They're just hanging on right now.
Speaker 2: They're hanging on right now.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the finding wasn't that, But I think the Yankees will be there, even though I don't know what to toss up on the other side, do.
Speaker 2: You think it's a toss up between the Mets and the Dodgers?
Speaker 3: But because of how they're how they come back, how they rek, I say, good luck, Uncle, I've come back on something. I mean, you don't want to just did it last this season with the Phillies. I'm a little tossed on that down division because of.
Speaker 10: That.
Speaker 2: Yankees won ninety four games this year.
Speaker 3: You know. But who I think's gonna win the whole thing? You might know that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the big it Yankees. Man, the big Yankees.
Speaker 3: Will take either any either one of them.
Speaker 2: I hate bring them in, bring them up.
Speaker 3: I know I hate him too. I know I hate him too. I do hate them, But I'm looking at that.
Speaker 2: See, I'm gonna whether the Dodgers or the Mets make it.
Speaker 7: I'm rooting for the National League team. I'll tell you that now, because I cannot stand. I just I don't like the American League.
Speaker 2: I never have.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know how they're doing it. I really don't know how the Yankees are doing it. You know, they buy the best pitching or hitting or they've always done the way they do things. It's just the way they do things. Yeah, it's real standpoint.
Speaker 2: They very intelligent say.
Speaker 3: The team is behind the people they're behind, and they still, oh, whoa coming up?
Speaker 2: Uncle.
Speaker 3: They buy the.
Speaker 2: Team to win this thing, but they get a huge payroll uncle every time. Okay, And what they do is going to cut their payroll.
Speaker 3: And this is why I don't even know how they think they do not need any more players. Well, no, they never do, because and have done players down. You got your players, live with it.
Speaker 7: Well, everybody's got the same number of players. But the thing is, the Yankees will turn around, though, and they're not only you know, every other team. Usually they got their top flight people that's their best people. And they buy a team that they think they can field and that's their top starters. Then the bench guys are always a mix, right, guys on their way to the end of their career, guys that are brand new, rookies, stuff like that, that they gotten reserve, and almost always a couple of them end up in there because the injuries or.
Speaker 2: Whatever things happen.
Speaker 7: But the Yankees will turn around out and pretty much they get top line people even on their bench.
Speaker 3: There's another reason why.
Speaker 2: I also like how they operate.
Speaker 3: Not just then I'm a Yankee fan, man, take that on in mine, but how they operate. For example, I tank.
Speaker 2: I tank the.
Speaker 3: I tank the Marlins, for example, to the Yankees, now they remember, they remember the Marlins won their first War series.
Speaker 10: Yeah, why don't you keep the tained idiot, Well, why don't you keep the team because they had a cheap teal we.
Speaker 3: Could But you see that the Yankees on the other hand, now listening here, Chuck Cloaks.
Speaker 2: But it's easy for the Yankees.
Speaker 3: On the other hand, they do not just oh, let's get rid of plays.
Speaker 2: Because look, you like that. But here's the problem. It perpetuates the idea that the richest guy in the room gets to win.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. And that's what happens there because look, the reason why the Marlins got rid of that team, and I know it bothered you, but the reason why is because now because they were winners, it was going to cost them five times as much.
Speaker 3: But they don't make good Uncle, change my point.
Speaker 2: You can't. But you can't charge people. Okay, but here here's the thing.
Speaker 3: That doesn't have the money, then get then stay out and pay for them. Yeah, but that's the thing.
Speaker 7: Then that means you only want rich cities to be there, because look, you're not going to be able to charge the same money to go to a game in Miami as you are in New York City. You can't charge the same for a hot dog and shirt and nothing. They don't have the same money.
Speaker 2: About Milwaukee? What is Bill Walker? Cleveland?
Speaker 3: Cleveland? Cleveland?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know? Or these second tiers? All right? Fine, you know California's got freaking what six teams already or whatever.
Speaker 3: We got six teams and loncal we got six teams sittingy and we got done. Its just hanging on for one more game. Beginning this wool city. Yeah yeah, and then and you and you're complaining the pout and you're complain of he's rich, greenbul but.
Speaker 2: LA has money. Okay, But here's the thing. It's the teams with the money that get to win, right, He's so.
Speaker 7: But if that's all it is, then it's a big casino game and it's got nothing to do with the sport.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying. That's why I like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hate them, get yeah, but who doesn't that bother you? The sports? Mine?
Speaker 2: Come on, doesn't that bother you a little bit? Only the rich guys that? Okay, tell me about it. I get my points out. Go ahead, give me give him the point. Give him the point because I'm not making my point. Go ahead. You may just not making this point. Okay.
Speaker 13: Look, if you own a ball club, and now, ball clubs are usually owned by ownership groups, not just like you know, the O'Malley's or or what was the guys that used to own the Yankees, the.
Speaker 2: What was the guy's names? Out? What it is?
Speaker 13: All these teams make money, but not all of them want to spend money. Now, you got whoever, I don't know who owns the Yankees now. But the Dodgers got five six guys and they're clearly baseball fans, so they put their money into the team. And the Yankees obviously are still doing the same thing. Whoever's running that team now. I follow the Mariners a bit too, because they're the local team. They're making money, but they don't want to put the money out. But they get really close, all right, but Ed, let me ask you, it really close.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 13: But they get a good pitching staff like this year. Yeah, but they didn't put out The Dodgers have ta Oscar Hernandez who had a great year. He was a Mariner last year. Okay, but Mariners didn't want to pay him.
Speaker 7: Okay, Ed, But here's the thing. Here's the thing about them not wanting to pay and everything else. There is also a very simple, simple barrier here. You cannot make the same money.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: Los Angeles, New York. These are big cities. There are very rich people there. You charged two hundred dollars for a decent ticket, somebody's gonna buy that ticket.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: They were trying to put a team in New Jersey about twenty five years ago or so, and I was involved in these discussions. They were talking about putting two different professional teams into New Jersey and both of them were turned away. Okay, and why the football team might have been able to make enough money, but because you know, Giant Stadium was in New Jersey and everything else.
Speaker 2: It was like, look, that might work, but that's once a week. When you you got one hundred and sixty two game season.
Speaker 7: The locals in New Jersey were not going to be able to support a team the way New York does. That was the direct comparison. It was like, yeah, but Philadelphia is not a rich city. Yeah, but where are you going to put this team?
Speaker 2: Newark?
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying, It's too close and anybody's going to go do I want to watch this new, brand new thing that you know has nobody's on it, a bunch of broken down old guys and brand new rookies because that's what they're going to start with. So I want to go even pay for that ticket in Newark? No, nobody wants to do that. Where are you gonna put it? Atlantic City? Maybe right, because at least there's an airport nearby and all this, But these are the two places, right, You got Newark in Atlantic City, and Jersey's not that big a place, but they seriously considered putting a baseball team in there, and then it was decided based on the fact that you need to raise a certain amount of revenue to maintain even the league's smallest budget when it comes to players and everything else, that it was like not financially tenable. Like if somebody wanted to buy this as like a you know, as like a vanity thing, like you know how Trump owned the New Jersey Generals back when we had the USFL, that kind of thing that was for vanity.
Speaker 2: That wasn't because he was serious about football, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: So the thing is, if somebody wants this as a vanity thing, I always wanted to own a team, but I can't buy one of these you know, billion dollar teams, right because I'm not the guy who owes the Dallas Mavericks or I'm not one of these you know billionaires from the past. I mean, Steinbrenner was a shipping magnet, right. He made his money from big ships and stuff. He was building ships. He had a bank to be able to start with to put into it. He could put big money in and he could pull big money out. But like say they put a team in New Jersey, Realistically, with the competition the way it is and how much you can charge people, locals in New Jersey don't make as much. Even the commuters going to New York, they don't have as much. So you try and put that there. You try and put it in Oregon, or where's another good one. If we go down a little bit North Carolina, say you put in a Carolina baseball team, the money is not going to be there. So you can't field a two hundred million dollar roster of players and have a stadium, even with the tax breaks which they give to these guys, which is another funny thing where it's like the city or the state lines up paying for the stadiums and all this stuff. In Seattle, they got homeless guys. The Mariners, they got homeless guys selling their beer. You know this right, No, literally, there are homeless guys that line up to go sell beer and stuff and go walk around the stadium and make a couple of dollars. They don't even have steady employees doing stuff like that at the stadium because the Mariners don't have the budget for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, like how the.
Speaker 11: Packers pay their uh fans to shovel the snow.
Speaker 2: There you go. How much money is there in Green Bay? I mean, I know Green Bay is a staple of the NFL and everything, but realistically, can they compete financially with the New York Giants.
Speaker 7: The only way they can is because they turn around with his revenue sharing and they try and even it out. But Major League Baseball, no matter what lip service they've ever delivered to that, if you are not in a moneyed city, you are not likely to be able to survive. This is why, you know, after a while California, because why does California have so many teams? Because it's the fourth largest economy on the planet. That's the only reason why they can support it.
Speaker 2: Right, I can understand that now they're way down.
Speaker 7: But look, but now the Oakland areas are going to leave, right So the Oakland A's leaving and a few other teams have threatened to leave over the past few years.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, what leason reason for that?
Speaker 7: Because the money in Oakland is not That's why you know, they say, give us a new stadium, and they're like, we got people crapping on the streets, we got it. We got to fix our streets before we give you a new stadium. And they want a stadium tax free. So somebody like Las Vegas or whatever offered the age. I don't know if they're going, but I do know the offer was there where it's like, look, we'll build you a baseball stadium in Las Vegas, no problem, come on in. We'll give you the tax breaks. That's a huge thing. Oh yes, that's like Oakland.
Speaker 3: Oakland went back and they went to.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: So they're gonna turn around to use so they're gonna use revenue from the casinos to support the fact that they're not going to charge the baseball team. They'll give them a decade tax three over there, and so that tax break right there will pay for half of their roster, whether fans show up or not.
Speaker 3: You see, yeah, I see what you're saying, sotand it now.
Speaker 2: So my point is, okay, yeah you can get like okay, you got like stay in Texas. Texas, huge state, big contributor. They've been growing, their economy is doing well. But can they support more than the Astros right and the Rangers. I'd really like to see a Marfa team emerge. What do you mean marka team.
Speaker 1: It's a tiny little it's a tiny little place in West Texas.
Speaker 2: It's a tiny little desert spot. A team emerged there. Oh you mean in like Marfa, Texas? Or Okay, yeah you said Texas. I thought I mentioned some remote Yeah. But if you wanted to put the San Antonio Stars baseball team into existence right now, you couldn't do it. I'm just telling you, like that city will not support a team. It just can't.
Speaker 7: How about this, You know, Alabama probably would love to have a baseball team, but the state has broke. Kentucky another place. Who's in Kentucky?
Speaker 2: Anybody? No?
Speaker 7: You know you got Missouri does better than any of these places. They got two They got two teams, one in each league. Right still, the Cardinals and the Royals are both in Missourhurry right. Yes, you got Pennsylvania, which is a mixed bag, but on the two ends of Pennsylvania where there's money. See, they got Philly in the east and they got Pittsburgh in the west. People don't realize how big a state Pennsylvania is, so there is a huge divide there the middle of that state, though, is there any money in the middle of that state.
Speaker 2: I mean, we don't know what the Amish really have. I could attest to you that there are not there is not money there.
Speaker 1: You do not see a Mercedes Benz driving anywhere in central Pennsylvania. Maybe in Harrisburg, but not many of them, right, I mean.
Speaker 7: I'm super surprised that the Pittsburgh Pirates have not been picked up by another place.
Speaker 2: Okay, like like Florida. I think Florida should have the money to be able to support more than one team.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, they could go to Pittsburgh. That would knock out those morlins to get them. So one's out of the well.
Speaker 7: If you put the Florida Pirates, you know what I'm saying, If you put whatever you wanted to name him, I don't know, put them near Disney over there or something right where, you know what I mean? Orlando, Orlando, the Orlando Pirates plant.
Speaker 2: Put the plant?
Speaker 3: Yeah, now could they? Would you say in Orlando? Now do you think if they decided that's for example, say okay, I'm going to Orlando pitch I mean, uh, the Pirates say, and would you think they'd be able to make a feel.
Speaker 2: Well, see It depends on what kind of a deal de Santa Stan wants to make for him. Right.
Speaker 7: You know, there's a the Santas State and people literally live there called the Santa Stan by the way, like like he's running his own republic over there. But because he's if he wasn't at war with Disney, I'll tell you it'll be an easy thing.
Speaker 2: All you'd have to do is you kind of tweak.
Speaker 7: The Pirates logos and stuff a little bit, and you make them like, you know, as if they're the Orlando Pirates of the Caribbean, right, and it's like that ship.
Speaker 3: That's how that I watch you couple.
Speaker 2: Them up with Disney.
Speaker 7: Right, so you have Mickey Mouse at the ballpark and you get like a special brand new just because of the new city. You get a new pirate that looks a lot more like Johnny Depp than that that that pirate they got, right, and then sometimes you have them in the classic unitport. I'm telling you it's instant marketing success the Pirates.
Speaker 2: That would be supply that does make Johnny token owner. Yeah, make Johnny Depp a token owner, right, give them one percent of the team.
Speaker 3: You know he's got money. Well, give me don't have money. He's been doing all these shows.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm not telling it saying give it to him for free. What I'm saying, let him buy in for one percent of the team, so he's got a little bit of a stake, right, And then you know, Johnny Depp is part owner of the Even if you're on two percent of the team, he'd be the only guy they would talk about. So I'm telling you it's all built, it's all pap right in. You can move the Pirates to Florida tomorrow and.
Speaker 2: Even put them in a hurricane disaster area.
Speaker 7: In six months, the whole place would be revived, no problem. But if you tried to move the Pirates to New Jersey, it's over.
Speaker 2: There's no New Jersey that.
Speaker 11: The chief can make it because of the money situation and the proximity to the city. Yeah, but what about like the Barter District, like Elizabeth Town or wherever it is. There's a lot of money that way.
Speaker 2: No, it's horrible. You don't understand. I'm telling you. People do not do stuff locally. They don't.
Speaker 7: Even this was one of the challenges with the music scenes that have come and gone with New Jersey. Where it's like we have these temporary music scenes pop up, and Asbury Park was one of them.
Speaker 2: But it took them thirty years.
Speaker 7: To revitalize Asbury Park. They couldn't get construction or the gentrification off the ground for over thirty years in Asbury Park. Okay, I'm telling you, Jersey is not the place to go. It's a sinkhole for money. It's not a place where you make money. And even in that areas you're talking about during the time when it was like a massive you know, chemical they were putting out, you know, tons and tons of chemical crap, and you know, the e PA wasn't regulating them to death pre Nixon, pre Nixon, that part of Jersey plenty of money there. You know, you could add the New Jersey petro Chemicals, name it right, whatever, it wouldn't have mattered, the New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Landfills, it would have been great. Whatever, it would have been hysterical, it would have been a joke, or even the best thing would have been or more New Jersey Devils. Continue on with the legendary devils. Oh yeah, the.
Speaker 7: Doubles, you know, and then you could the hockey. You couple it up with the hockey. Now all of a sudden, the jersey is so bad.
Speaker 2: It's got two devils. Baby, you know what I'm saying. And you just do it like that. And uh, there's all sorts of markets.
Speaker 11: The Texas to have the Colts and the forty five.
Speaker 13: You know what there was?
Speaker 2: Now, wait a minute, there was a Cults. There was a baseball Coults team too. Did you know that? Yeah, let me let me take a look at the history. I don't think they existed long, but let me still what I think. I think we're at the end of the show here, every.
Speaker 3: Well, we are, but the show. We'll have a good conversation at the end of the show.
Speaker 2: Okay before you exactly listen, No, we don't have a yet, Aaron.
Speaker 7: Uncle calm down, everybody calm down. You got five minutes over because Uncle started a little late. Okay, okay, yeah, yeah, so you got five extra minutes, so you got your time for your shoutouts and everything.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it. And I'll shut up after I.
Speaker 7: Find out the thing about the cold forty five Okay, goes downstate the.
Speaker 5: Time.
Speaker 11: It's gonna turn them in. Now I'm gonna have to call back in because it kicks me off or something.
Speaker 2: All Right, you ready for this one.
Speaker 7: In nineteen sixty two, the Houston Colt forty five's were an expansion team in the American Major League Baseball's National League. Okay, so they were a National League expansion team in nineteen sixty two.
Speaker 3: How come we haven't noticed these teams?
Speaker 7: As what was said was we're handing them forgotten because they didn't exist very long.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. So I'm looking at this page here and it's not telling me how long they existed.
Speaker 7: But they were an expansion team in sixty two, which is funny because they come.
Speaker 2: In the same year the Mets.
Speaker 3: Doo ooh see there was two.
Speaker 7: They always have the two expansion teams right every time. So they came in with the Mets in sixty to sixty two. The Mets lost what one hundred and twenty five games or something ridiculous, like almost every game they pretty much lost.
Speaker 2: I mean, their catcher's name was Choo Choo Coleman, I kid you not ch and the guy who.
Speaker 7: Became a famous uh San Francisco Giants manager Roger Craig played third base for them. He was probably one of their best players in sixty two, and seven years later they won the World Series.
Speaker 3: He played ball.
Speaker 2: Roger Craig played third base for the nineteen sixty two Mets. Absolutely did.
Speaker 11: I'll be damn yeah.
Speaker 2: I used to have a yeah, no, you look, you can check with Eddie next time we talked to him. I guarantee you back me up on that.
Speaker 7: But it just off the top of my head, these things I know about the initial Mets. It's so funny because they used to half celebrate the inauguration because it was so embarrassing. Was the worst start of any expansion team in history.
Speaker 2: The JFK guy.
Speaker 11: Remember Roger Craig, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: But you remember Roger Craig, the San Francisco Giant manager I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah.
Speaker 11: I'm proud of amusing that they had the same name. No, me too, and Roger.
Speaker 7: It is amusing, But again it's two common names. You got to figure they got to come together here and there in history. Right, Roger not exactly an uncommon My one grandfather's name was Roger, one of the Irish ones uh and uh and and Craig Craig is not exactly an uncommon first or last name, right.
Speaker 11: So you know, it's just just that is like once I was overseas and I swear these British people were trying to test my military discipline with these names. Here comes Sir Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: I said, a lot of that's.
Speaker 7: Done on purpose, a lot of that's done on You got to feel bad for somebody though, that gets hung with a name, like somebody thought it was a clever idea when they were born. Like I'll tell you the truth, I knew probably about I don't know, nine or ten kids over the years that were named Michael Jackson. You know, like their last name was Jackson. And because the family like Michael, like even a little bit older than me, so like the kids worn in nineteen seventy And why did they name him that? Because Michael Jackson was a little kid on TV. Right, he was already famous as a little kid. So they're like thinking, I'll give him a star's name, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you know?
Speaker 3: Did you know something about Michael Jackson?
Speaker 2: I know a lot of things about Michael Jackson. Can't know anything.
Speaker 3: He was born the same time as me.
Speaker 7: Michael Jackson, we were worn the same time as you fifty eight in nineteen fifty eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I found that out when he passed.
Speaker 2: I was not aware of that. I never knew that.
Speaker 7: I knew that he was a little kid, you know, around the time that like I was a little kid, and I was watching reruns of TV shows that he was on as a little kid from like seven eight, ten years earlier.
Speaker 2: That's all I knew. And they had the Jackson five cartoons.
Speaker 3: Actually, I didn't know that until so when he passed, they showed him this is when who was born?
Speaker 2: This when he died.
Speaker 3: So they show it that to say when he was bulling, and I looked at that, said, yeah.
Speaker 2: I was born August August twenty nine, nineteen fifty eight. Apparently. Yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Fifty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, uncle, do we want to shot outs? Because they're again about that time?
Speaker 3: All right, Jimmy, who's uh is the head on the show?
Speaker 10: It on?
Speaker 2: There? No, No, Ed is gone. It is gone. Okay.
Speaker 7: But here's the thing about those uh, here's the thing about those cold forty five's just really quick. The reason why they didn't exist too long is because they became guess who the Houston Astros.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, Oh, so they came pumed up being the Astros.
Speaker 2: Oh, uncle, forty five boys. Forty five boy. The standard is almost well.
Speaker 7: And the reason why, if you remember, the reason why they named the Houston Astros the Houston Astros is it was a big deal because as they came up with the Astro Dome, and it was the association with NASA and Lendon.
Speaker 2: Vaines, Johnson and uh and and all of that.
Speaker 7: Remember a lot of that stuff came out of Texas because Johnson put all that stuff there to give out jobs to was you know, his political uh, his political uh friends.
Speaker 3: At this point, I don't know, only as long as the cheeties are out of it and the team exactly always point point actually when this ended his baseball, all right, then let's talk shoutouts here now Jimmy as jim Jimmy's up, I guess he's Let's.
Speaker 2: Take a look at who's up on the line first. I think Jimmy is still sitting there. Let's see. Uh oh wait, you know what, you also got Eddie back and we okay, So.
Speaker 3: So here's what you do.
Speaker 7: We can bring on Jimmy and Eddie are both called in at the same time. All right, So you want to put them both on the same time. Well, put them put the shout out the same time.
Speaker 2: Put the shout outs or you want him one at a time?
Speaker 3: Which one, o, one a time? Both of those go one?
Speaker 2: Two? Yeah, who's first? Oh, they called in almost exactly the same time. So who's first because they called back in both of them. Jimmy, Yeah, yeah, Jimmy, jim you got it. Jimmy, you're up. You're live and loud. I hope Jimmy. Oh, Jimmy should be live and loud. I got his phone line depressed here, and uh, he was a little upset at my show, but hopefully cheered up with your show. All right, I'm gonna put Jimmy back on hold.
Speaker 7: And I'm pretty sure I got ed the mailing guy here, although he's calling from a different number. I got one number that literally comes up and says ed mailing guy because I'm Mark.
Speaker 3: The ID and mewing guy.
Speaker 2: Now let's see we are hey, can you hears? What's the issue here? All right?
Speaker 3: With the lines? Now shutout?
Speaker 2: We're at the end of the show. We run the show.
Speaker 3: We got no shout outs because we've got a pub with the lines.
Speaker 2: How's that?
Speaker 7: Well, it's either that or if you want to take look, if you want to take a quick break, I could just pull them back in, or do you want to just close out the show.
Speaker 2: I think we should just close it out.
Speaker 3: Close out the show for now, and then figgle them out for next week.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 7: Look much appreciation and apologies both to Ed and Jimmy James. We had a little issue with the phone line here disconnected from our our setup, so I could call you back in, but we're at the end of the show.
Speaker 2: So how about shout outs from sidekick and and you. So I can't thank you for listening to the show.
Speaker 1: Everybody that's watching the livestream, thank you you Twitch Kick, had Uncle podcast also Twitter, so thank you for that.
Speaker 2: You got Uncle.
Speaker 3: Shut out to you on the listeners out of the United States, whoever they are, Holly, I'm gonna come next week and the ones that were on the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I guess that's it Uncle Uncle podcast dot com or tell you lady every Saturday night.
Speaker 2: For that.
Speaker 3: Maybe I was just wondering because I was wanting on Wenday.
Speaker 2: Thirty first is out of Thursday.
Speaker 7: But we could arrange sure, I said, I said that we could arrange for a Thursday if you guys, If you guys have the time on a Thursday, if you want want to change your time just for a Halloween special and then skip the Friday show, will be fine by me.
Speaker 2: They be that's been on your book. Maybe yeah, maybe nobody. We'll see to you.
Speaker 3: Guys, that's maybe be possible.
Speaker 2: Did you cut your live stream?
Speaker 7: Aaron?
Speaker 2: What's that? Did you cut your live stream? Yes? Yes, okay, cool I cut that out