Speaker 1: Show time is here. No time to fear.
Speaker 2: Corrilla is so near because show time is here.
Speaker 1: So on with the show.
Speaker 2: Let's give it a go.
Speaker 3: Carrilla is the one that you need to know.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: It's show time.
Speaker 4: All right in just sixty seconds. The most fabulous I mean, he's really something. The best, most fabulous host will be here. He just tells the truth all the time, Bigley, and he's funny, this guy. Have you heard him? Yeah, he's funny and smart, smart and funny, not like those nasty people on lamestream media. So don't go anywhere. He's almost here. I know he doesn't speak well of me, and that's okay because I mean, he's really quite fabulous.
Speaker 3: Oh, show sign.
Speaker 5: It is the number one comment that I receive on the show about the show and about the topics. Today we're going to talk about the number one comment that I get and what we can do about it.
Speaker 1: Uncensored, unfiltered, un hinged. It's the Corell Cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 3: It is the cREL Cast. I am Corel.
Speaker 5: Happy Tuesday, January two or Jenerary third note January third. Yeah, so very glad you are joining me. Today's show. Every show is personal, okay, And what I hope and what has been my experience in radio and podcasting is that the more personal the topic, the more you are apt to respond to it. Now, that holds true for every host, be it David Pacman or Stephanie Miller, when they let you in to a little bit of their life and relate it to the world, it ends up being the most relative, relational.
Speaker 3: Sort of topic that there is.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: David Hall taught me the triangle informative, entertaining and relevant, and the relevant part comes I think when hosts lets you in. When you watch MSNBC or you watch CNN or whatever BBC, you don't the host isn't personal, okay, They're just factual talking about the news, and that's fine. Other shows you watch, you watch because the host is personal and because they often talk about their life and you in some ways can mirror what's going on in yours. And that's where this topic today comes from. You see, yesterday, I was feeling a little well. For years now, I have been feeling helpless. Today's show is going to be very real and very raw, and some of you may not watch it. No one may watch it. I don't know. My numbers are not what they should be. When it comes to YouTube audio, we're fine, But when it comes to YouTube, I'm not getting the engagement that I need to grow the show, and I feel helpless about that. I hired someone to do SEO and to do the graphics and everything, and we did over four months and eight hundred dollars spent. We just didn't grow as much as I needed it too. And you know that I have the single do You Want to Funk Out? It's possibly the best song I have ever recorded.
Speaker 3: It was played on k Gay Radio again yesterday.
Speaker 5: It's being played on radio around the world, and yet it's not doing what it needs to do. And I am not getting booked at gay Pride events.
Speaker 3: Like I should be.
Speaker 5: Because I can't get a manager, I can't get an agent, all this other stuff. So in my life and you may be experiencing this too, I'm with I have been feeling very helpless and very hopeless. You're like, why bother, why not just retire? You know you're not rolling in the dough. The show isn't making you a fortune, the music isn't making you any money. It ends up costing me money to do the show and to do you know, music and everything, and I don't have it. So why put myself in debt to do this anymore? Why not just fade away, find a new hobby, find a new life, and.
Speaker 3: Give the whole Correll public life up? Why not?
Speaker 5: Who's gonna notice anyway? Yes, pity party of one, and the hopelessness is driven by things outside of my control. I can't change how the entertainment industry has changed. I can't change how talk radio has changed, gone more conservative, no progressives. I can't change that. I don't have money, you know, right away. I can't fix that like tomorrow. And so the helplessness and the hopelessness for many months, now, many years, I think, has almost taken over. And it's made me feel defeated even with the show. Why book guest, you know, why? Why Why do an amped out show if no one's gonna be watching. So that feeling culminated into a perfect storm a few days ago, and I had to remind myself of my life like I've never had it easy. I've never had a seat at the table. I've always had to fight for everything because I'm gay, because I'm loud, because I'm fat because I'm this because I'm bad, And so I decided a few days ago that I am not this helpless, out of control might as well fade away person.
Speaker 3: It's not who I am.
Speaker 5: And so I'm going to have to do everything in my power to try to reinvent and get back to doing on some level the things that I love to do. Rearrange my thinking, rearrange what I think success looks like, that sort of stuff, And part of my feeling is tied into this show. A used to be much bigger when I was on radio and B. The topics we cover they're depressing. Donald Trump's tenure in the White House is depressing. The rise of Maga is depressing. David Packman just did a little special about how he's, you know, planning his escape route should he need it to either Canada or Argentina or another country. That's depressing when you're don't have I don't have a partner. If I had a partner, I would have left this country a long time ago. But and wanting a partner and not having a partner, it's depressing. In today's age of online dating and everything, so climate change, it's depressing to see the climate changing, and we're not doing you know, I'm a vegan, I compost, I wrote, I ride a motor scooter. I'm doing all I can, but it's depressing to see that the world isn't, especially the United States. And so all of the topics of the day relate to the number one comment, and how I've been feeling personally relate to the number one comment. I just got this comment again yesterday, which is when you guys comment on the shows. If I can get you to comment down below, one of the major comments is how helpless you feel to do anything? That we'll cover topics and you'll just say, I feel helpless?
Speaker 3: What am I?
Speaker 5: How am I supposed to do anything about the topic you're talking about, whether it's climate change or Donald Trump or whatever. We might be talking about some grocery prices which are out of control, and so many of us now feel hopeless. That there is a mental health crisis in America right now, well documented, because we a lot of us are feeling.
Speaker 3: The whole why bother? What is this all about? What's the endgame? What's the goal?
Speaker 5: And so our jobs are not secure, our incomes are not secure, our food supply is not secure. For many housing is not a given or a secure and so there's this hopeless and helpless feeling that so many of you have in so many areas of your life. It's the number one comment I get. I feel powerless to change any of this, and that is not take it from me. That is not a healthy status, a healthy way of being. I am not mentally as healthy as I should be. I'm getting there. So what do we do about it? What do we do that so many of you listening to me right now feel hopeless or helpless. You know you're seeing your budgets cut, your.
Speaker 3: Job is changing, that the government might be cutting your job.
Speaker 5: How do you feel with this overwhelming feeling of helplessness or hopelessness.
Speaker 3: Well, I've got a dust.
Speaker 5: We'll talk about them when we come back. We're talking about the number one comment that I get.
Speaker 3: I feel powerless. Why to support the.
Speaker 5: Correll Cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Correl channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll, that's kr el and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 1: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycrrell dot com.
Speaker 3: So what do we do?
Speaker 5: The number one comment I get from topics is I feel helpless to change this racial inequality, Gays being persecuted, trans people being persecuted, you know, the war in Ukraine, Israel committing genocide. What do you think leads to things like the guy burning the people in Colorado? Yeah, you know, he's crazy. He you know, only crazy people think it's okay to burn others. But outside of him being crazy, what do you think led him to that desperation hopelessness? He felt like no one was listening to him about Gaza and about Israel and how he felt Israel is committing genocide against the Goslins.
Speaker 3: I don't condone what he did.
Speaker 5: I'm asking you what do you think got him to that point hopelessness? He felt so hopeless he thought the only way to be heard was to go out and harm people. Innocent people who have nothing to do with Israel or Gaza can't change. Yeah, that's why I've always when these people feel so hopeless and they go out and do these acts, it's like, why do you kill innocent people? I mean, there's very few people in the world that can do anything about Israel and Gaza. That's Benjamin Nettan Yahoo, his work cabinet, Donald Trump, our secretary of State. Those are the people who can do stuff.
Speaker 3: You and I.
Speaker 5: We can't stop it. So why they attack us over it? I'll never get that. During the riots in La back in the day, I always wondered why the people attack their own neighborhoods and burn down their own neighborhoods. You know, that's why don't you go burn down the white racist neighborhoods. Why are you burning down black neighborhoods? I never understood that. So what do you do to not end up like the guy setting people on fire? To not get so hopeless that you do something ridiculous?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 5: I had to ask myself that question the other day because I think retirement, even though I'm disabled and on disability, I think retirement would be a bad thing for me.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to retire. I don't know how to not be correl. So what do you do? Well?
Speaker 5: What I'm going to tell you now is going to sound cliche. It's gonna soundly, Ah Carrel, that's easy for you to say no, it's not. It's not easy for me to say so. Let me tell you some of the things I did. The first thing I did is I reminded myself that it's never been easy, and I think we all should remind ourselves that America has never been easy. We've never given the poor everything they need. Ever, we have never given dignity to the poor in the form of enough money to have an adequate house, to have enough money to put adequate amounts of food in their pantry. We still don't, and we never have. We have never truly helped the poor. We've kept them poor. That's what we've done. So it's never been easy to be poor in America. That's the first thing. The second thing is it's never been easy to be an American, not since seventeen seventy six. It's never been easy. We've always had political infighting, We've always had groups of people who are marginalized. If you're a member of that group, then it's never been easy to be an American. Even under Obama or Biden, it was not a piece of cake to be an American.
Speaker 3: George Floyd died, Black lives mattered. All of that. It's never been easy.
Speaker 5: So we need to step back and remind ourselves that it's never been easy to live in America, and it oftentime never been pleasant. America is often not a pleasant place to live, not all the time. Sometimes I had to remind myself that people have never made room for me, you know. And I did Planet Gemini, or when I did The rath Room, they didn't call me and asked me to do a gig. I called them and worked out a deal. You take the bar, I'll take the door, you know whatever. I was the promoter for every show I've done. For the most part, I've been the promoter. Now why I thought that should suddenly change at sixty two years of age, I don't know why I suddenly thought that gay you know, Gay Prides have never really booked me my whole career, even when we were Correl and KFI. When I was on KGO, San Francisco Pride asked me once once to go, and San Jose Pride asked me once that's it San Jose and San Francisco Pride one time. All the other times I've done Prides, I had to book it. They didn't come to me. So why I guess I'm lazy now or something. I don't know, but I just thought it should be easier. I thought that, you know, they should be calling me I've got or when I call them, they should at least be more receptive. I don't know why I thought that. So I had to remind myself that I'm the guy that makes things happen for me. This podcast exists because I want it to. No one's helping me and outside of you, my patrons, but I don't have a staff, a producer, lighting, camera, sound. I do it all, and I always have. Why do you think I can now produce TV shows? Because I've always done at all. And so I had to remind myself of who I am. And yes, I've changed, I've slowed down. I'm not as passionate about some things as I was, but I'm still me in here. So yesterday I called the Rathroom now Finestein's the Hotel Nico and left a voicemail. Have they called back yet?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Well I probably have to call ten more times.
Speaker 5: Yes, but that's the dance, because they still exist and I.
Speaker 3: Want to do a show there.
Speaker 5: You know, I am looking at clubs in San Jose even gay clubs that just do drag shows so long as there's a stage and they serve alcohol. I'm trying to find a venue to do a show in San Jose. No one's gonna book me. I have to book myself. I called reporters yesterday. The Bay Area Reporter is going to do They've assigned a writer to do a feature on me. That's happening because I did it. And so the first way to stop feeling helpless is to actually do something. Maybe you can't solve climate change, but you can become a vegan. Maybe you can't you save the planet, but you can buy a Jemmy Geme, a home composter.
Speaker 3: I love mine. It's been a month now, two months. I love it.
Speaker 5: I love it. It's like a trash can that decomposes your food. It's wonderful.
Speaker 3: G E m E. Yes, they're expensive. They sent me one free, but I love it. Oh my god. I love it.
Speaker 5: And it's something I can do, so I don't feel so helpless. Also, we have to acknowledge you and I want change. We don't like the country the way that it is. We don't like society the way that it is, and a lot of us don't like ourselves the way that we are. Well, if you want change, you have to change, and that's really hard to do.
Speaker 3: We act like it's easy. It's not. It's not. I find it.
Speaker 5: Look, you guys, don't hear me talk a lot about medical problems on the show anymore because I got overwhelmed about it. Very serious things happened, and I don't want to talk about it anymore.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: If bad things are going to happen, then we'll talk about it. But until they happen, no, because that's something I can do. I can't control what's going to happen to me health wise, but I can control the energy that I give to it. And so you if you're not happy with so much going on and you feel powerless, then you have to change. You can't just sit and say I feel helpless. You have to start helping yourself in ways that you can.
Speaker 3: And we'll talk about some of those ways. Let me come back. Don't go anywhere except for reallycarel.
Speaker 5: Dot com or YouTube dot com, forward sluss on Carell Orpatreon dot com, forward slash Realiecarell, and go stream do you want to funk?
Speaker 3: Go watch the video?
Speaker 5: Hey, Carell here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corell Cast, then please go to Patreon dot com forward slash really Corel. That's patreon dot com forward slash, really Corel, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash Reallycrrel. There's so much great free content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube tube, and support the show through Patreon at Patreon dot com, forward slash really Correl. Thanks from thirty years of support for the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog. And let's keep the party going as long as we can. Okay, first of all, Rachel Capper, if you're watching, I just took this off my left foot. I wear these. I'm wearing these socks out. There's only six pair, and I wish there were third. I'm gonna probably buy like ten more pairs of bombas this color. I love the multicolored. I love it, I love I love these socks. I love them so much. I wear them every day. I wear I haven't worn another pair since you gave me these, So thank you.
Speaker 3: So we're talking.
Speaker 5: About the number one comment that I get on the show, which is I feel so helpless. And in the chat room there's a lot of great people at YouTube dot com Forward Slash, Rely Correll, Rachel, James Snabel. I am plexing all kinds of people that are there, you know, talking about ways that they exercise or regain control in their lives, and how there are people that have said to them, you know, well we can't control it. Just gonna throw my hands up, And how they don't accept that when they hear it, like, well, that's not me. I don't throw my hands up. Look it wasn't me either, but I was. I'm still partially ready to just retire and say the business changed. I'm not Ben Shapiro who gets hundreds of thousands of dollars and millions of listeners. But then I realize I do have a dedicated core of listeners, and you know, that's something that's more than many people have. So the first thing you need to do when you feel helpless is start to control the little things. Start to control the small stuff that you can. I can't make people book me, but I can at least call them, you know, I can at least put myself out there. I can't control how many people view or watch the show, but I can keep doing it and trying to make it the best that it can be.
Speaker 3: That's what I can do. I think in.
Speaker 5: America now, if we can't accomplish the grand thing, then we just give up, like, well, I'll never make it to the peak of Everest, so I'm not going to try to climb it. No, So the first thing you do is control what you can and what you can control is yourself.
Speaker 3: That's really all you can control.
Speaker 5: And how you're feeling, because oftentimes it's going to take you changing your perspective. The Universal law of motion says, in order for there to be any kind of movement, there has to be a change in position. Okay, that's Newtonian law, and that's very powerful. If we're going to make any movement forward, there has to be a change in position, which means we have to change. We have to expect more of ourselfs, and we also have to forgive more.
Speaker 3: We have to demand.
Speaker 5: More of those around us, but we also have to accept when they've given all they can.
Speaker 3: And we have to let go.
Speaker 5: Like the old adage says, of things you truly cannot change, you just you must release them. It's hard to do, but you must, because you know. There's just a servant out today that cannabis use amongst people sixty five or over has gone up forty six percent in the last three years, even though there's another study out that says you're more apt to have heart disease if you eat or smoke cannabis. Well, I know plenty of eighty five year olds who have used it their whole lives and they're fine. And I use it every night and I'm here, so you know something's going to kill you. Muths will go out high. But one of the reasons that seniors are turning to cannabis is a sleep because it's so important be pain relief because life hurts when you're older and see mood elevation to feel better, and it shows how how do I say this, How aging sucks.
Speaker 3: That's what it shows because.
Speaker 5: The more the people are turning to cannabis, they're turning to cannabis because it makes it not suck. Aging sucks. You can't sleep, parts of your body hurt that never hurt before.
Speaker 3: You get tired.
Speaker 5: More often, you're deemed irrelevant by society. Okay, I think that's the hardest thing. I was just told today by Gallica that if we were to do another Dorian's, they would want a younger host. Now, this organization is supposed to foster the underrepresented, which would include older Americans, but in their view, they'd need a younger host. I could produce the show, but they'd want someone else to host it. That didn't hurt. Because I hear that a lot. You're sixty two. Why are you doing a dance single? You're sixty two. Why aren't you retiring? Why are you thinking about growing your show? Why are you thinking about going out and doing live dates? You should be calming down now, I hear that all the time. I guess they think once you reach sixty, you just kind of dry up. You don't. It's like sex. People think once you reach sixty or sixty five, you don't want to have sex. I want to have sex.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like you don't feel old all the time. Well, it sucks some part of aging. Other parts of it are great. I don't give a rats ass. I was gonna say, I don't give an F. But your I don't give an F button is constantly pressed.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: I can't tell you how many times I'll think of something and think I don't care because I'm older, I don't care. So the number one comment about feeling helpless about let's say Trump. So many of us feel helpless about Trump, but we're not. The midterms are coming, and if we were to flip the House and Senate, it would totally change the last two years of his tenure, totally change his power to levy would be revoked. Some members of Congress might be thrown out. We might get Supreme Court justices that are actually interested in justice if we.
Speaker 3: Can flip it.
Speaker 5: And that's going to take everybody's involvement. Even if you're not in a state. You know, you might have to support candidates in other states. But it's going to take all of us to take back the House and the Senate. But that is hope. There's hope there if we can pull that off. We're not stuck with him.
Speaker 3: There are legal ways to get rid of him.
Speaker 5: If we flip the House and Senate, he could be impeached and removed, and so could Jadvents, and then the Democratic Speaker of the House would become president. There are ways, but we can't get apathetic, because when you feel hopeless, you get apathetic and you can't. Yes, grocery prices are too high, and I think we should.
Speaker 3: All cook more.
Speaker 5: If I could, if I knew how to set it up, I would do a cooking show every day. That's just what I'd do. We'd talk topics, but I would do a cooking show every day while talking topics, showing you how to make staples at home, showing you how to save money on certain things, and telling you when it's cheaper to go out.
Speaker 3: We're not powerless.
Speaker 5: Against grocery prices. We simply have to start being inventive. And that's the number one thing you can do when you feel hopeless. Get inventive, find new ways to do the old things that frustrate you. Also learn to walk away. That is powerful, powerful, powerful advice. Learn when to walk away, but also get inventive. Start doing things in a new way and see if they work, because you're not going to get different results if you keep doing things the same way you're doing them.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm gonna make some changes.
Speaker 5: I hope you and your life to feel less powerless will start making more changes as well. And I hope you remember that we are in the power. The power lies with us, no one can take it. I am krelither you want to be some hearky buddy. Well you're back tomorrow, im today. Thank you everyone for joining me, Thank my paper for papre on dot com.
Speaker 3: Lord Last Carrel. Please please please like, subscribe, and comment on the videos. Please please.
Speaker 2: Bloodcasting from a completely different point of view, yours listen daily to the Corral cast on your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view.
Speaker 1: Yours listen daily to
Speaker 2: The corel cast on your favorite streaming service.