Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Alliance Podcast. We recover anything and everything to do to the Marvel Universe from the comics, TV and movies. We will go from er six one six to the Mojo Verse to the TVA in order to bring Marvel Unis right to you. I'm the Man without Fear, Chris.
Speaker 2: I'm the Nerve with mouth David Alliance a Symbol, Volume two hundred and seventy five And after two weeks, I've returned from the.
Speaker 1: Previous week from my travels from Spain, I've survived. I did not go running with the bulls travel. There was great travel back, a little dodgy at that point, trying to get back on time. Not my fault, though not my fault. There's a lot of security in Europe. But happy to be back. And I was planted to go. We were planning to go live and then Marvel decided to do what they always do and they've got a big convention or something coming up. They're gonna hold all that news for the next day, which again I'm fine, getting a little more rest in but but yeah, we've got a ton to break down. Marvel Studios did not disappoint. But yes, I'm very happy to be back. How are you doing, David, It's been a bit.
Speaker 3: It has I'm doing well, just you know, enjoying being back in the swing of things on this beautiful Thursday night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Marvel is in the air, how about you all? Fall is definitely here for us.
Speaker 3: It is very bipolar weather here in the Midwest of where we have eighty eight degrees today and tomorrow or no Saturday, I think it's going to be sixty seven and then all next week it's going to be in the sixties, and then it could go back into the eighties and nineties right after that. The Midwest does not know what it wants to do.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, thank you for joining us fifth of Jack Gaming. Can't wait to see the awesome news. And yes, thank you, thank you for the welcoming back. Yes happy, happy to be back, I mean again travel with Spain, Spain, great trip, great hanging out with all my college buddies. It's been a bit. Lots of fun memories, lots of new memories, lots of reminiscing. But uh, you know, I'm a I'm a big person that I love and missed my family and so it needs to say. It was very happy reunion when I got to get home and give all my my wife and my kids a big old hug. So nice. But but yeah, so we have a ton to talk about. But I first wanted to, you know, want to thank mister Travis Snell for for you know, coming on and subbing in for for me and taking you know, you know, taking back his his co hosting range while I was out gallivanting the world. And it was a good show. It took me a couple of days to listen to it, but I really do appreciate it. But you know, I got to address something he said. It kind of kind of was interesting of something, and I kind of rewanted a couple of times to make sure I was hearing things correctly. You know. He he made it a point to wonder why I've never thanked him, you know, at some point during the show. I always thank him when he does come on and cose, but it sounds like they're a little bit more that he was looking for at that point. And you know, Travis, I have no problem thanking you at that point, as I have just done thanking you for doing it. I'm not sure what other thanks you want at this point. But but when you don't ask with respect, you're not going to get any respect back. And you know better, You're I'd like to think you're a much more polite guy, so I was. I try to present myself as polite, but I'm not sure where this animosity all of a sudden is coming front. But again, thank you, my friend for doing it. But I'm not sure what other thanks you're looking for that I haven't been always gracious enough to give. But you know, I don't know what. I don't know where it's coming from. But hey, you know, Travis like's like likes having a little bit of fun, right, Yeah, and I can have fun back, but yes, you have to. You got to get a little respect that trys to come on. You gotta be careful with that hashtag no kings. Note who said that? Note who said that? At this moment? All right, well let's go with the network plugs. We are part of the Geek Cultimate Alliance Network with six shows coming to wide range of geek and nerdom. To see the full schedule, check out the show was full and subscribe to the Gee Cultimate Alliance Network on Twitter at g Waypod Networks. You know when all the shows drop. We also have a Patreon so if we want to throw a couple of shekels hardway, we've got two tiers, our dollar tears, our tip chart to say hey, you think we're doing a good job, and then we've got our five dollar hears ad for episodes, early access episodes, and Patreon exclusive shows, including oursh and Marble Lines. We've got a couple of back shows in the back catalogs, such as we can watch This All Day, the Marble Lines, Infinity Saga, Rewatch Tales from the House of x where we watched all our favorite movies from the Fox era of X Men, and then our recently wrapped up show, The Baxter Broadcast. The Fantastic Four retro film reviews all four Fantastic Four films, the unreleased Roger Corman produced one Fantastic Four from two thousand and five, Fantastic Four, Rise of Silver Surfer, and Fantastic for Ak fan Forestick are all out there for the patrons who, as always, we can't do this is at your support, so we want to thank you for that hope you're enjoying. The DC Alliance guys go through their DC films through the years. Joe's pulling double duty right now, sometimes daily duty, double duty. He's he's the man of Patreon. When it comes to the drops, he's got right, he's got always right now the Disney Deep Dives, the Disney Dives where he and the first and the fifteenth. He's looking at the animated classics from the Disney catalog and chronologic order. He just dropped the most recent one Vat in the Beast, great episode of a huge fan of Beauty in the Beast. So you did a great job with that, Joe. And also he's in the middle of his thirty plus days thirty one plus days, thirty plus days of Halloween and where he's doing a new new drop every single day of Halloween, classics new and so you're doing you're doing the Lord's work there, Joe sots, Yes he is. When does he not podcast? I think two am in the two am on Tuesdays, but lots of that content. We hope you are joining that patron And if you're not a member of our Patreon, I want to get if you go to www dot Patreon, back dot com, back solt GWA network, we would love to have you become a patron. But if I'm a member of a patroon we can totally understand, but take thirty to ninety seconds and rate and reveal US Apple podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music. Whatever you get your podcasts, we greatly appreciate it. And last, but certainly not least, we want to thank our official sponsor, panel bound Comics dot com. Where where you get all your collect editions, omnibus Deluxe editions for all your heart's content They've got if you've got two codes if you want to order from them, we use Marvel gua at checkout to get two dollars off every single order, or use the code m g u a sit get five percent off when you order four or more books together. Got all these, got a couple more days to lock in those pre orders for some of these epic collections, we got some. Uh let's see, We've got Dak Dak in Dark Wolverine Omnibus, first time into print, Incredible Hulk, The Return of the Monster, Thunderbolts, Dark Rain Omnibus. You know, lots of great stuff, including a Ultimate Fantastic for volume two. I know that's on David's Christmas list, but as always we wanna we want to thank them for being our official sponsor and uh but yeah, all right, let's pull that down and let me just say again, mister Travis Snow, thank you, thank you so much for doing doing what you need to do to to to come on this show and host for me. You know, I hope that thanks is enough. What do you think, David? Is Is it enough? Is it enough?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: No, we don't need to do that. But I think it's all too much, you know, we don't the man's ego is is already is already that. But again, but again, I will give you the respect you deserve when you come on and host. But right now that that's that's about it. You you had a little stink on what you said, so again, be be careful with that. Be careful, you don't you gotta be careful with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've gotta stream with him this weekend, so I'm sure that I will hear all of that.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, I'm sure. Yeah, exactly, And maybe you can get some answers for me. He he's not returning my not returning my messages at this point when I'm asking for for uh all, I'm getting his ghost And I said, what what did I do to deserve that. So all right, So New York Comic Con, like we said, Marvel came out swinging, and they even came out swinging before like typically they do. You know sometimes your fight coming out and giving interviews. Well, wasn't mister Figgi coming out. It was Brad Windeenbaum who gave an exclusive interview to Entertainment Weekly. So our first is going to be kind of breaking down that article and then going into the Marvel Studios panel that Brandon Davis hosted at that point with a lot of great news. So I got what that whistle first? All right, So they we kind of break this down in the categories. So we're gonna start off with wonder Man. We'll get to the trailer later. But here's some stuff about they said about wonder Man. So they said, not much has been released on this show yet, but I get a sense that this is gonna be a meta show. How meta are we talking about here? Brad says, it's one of my favorite things I've ever been a part of of the studio. I'll start there. It's very different than anything the studios have ever produced in terms of how meta it is. Without getting into details, it's a show that takes place within the MCU, but it's a story about Hollywood, and it's a story about not just Hollywood. I would say, a story about acting and the journey act of an actor in Hollywood, of having to balance being an artist with making money in very grounded ideas that anyone came up with in Hollywood or in arts in general can relate to. I certainly could. And it gets very deep. So they say, is this the Marvel's version of the Studio? So it's funny you should say that we all obviously are as obsessed with that show. I think I personally have seen the show. I think it's great.
Speaker 3: It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: I absolutely love it. Yeah, sometimes it cuts a little close to the bone, but it's funny and so great. Wonder Man is very different than the Studio. Actually, it's a different Tonely, it's very sincere, and it's very focused on acting as a craft. The Studio is really more about the big Hollywood system and the machine and the craziness that sues.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 1: Really very an intimate portrait of a young actor trying to live his dreams. And he said, so, am I right in saying that this is the brainchild of Daniel Dustin, Daniel Crinton, executive producer of this, and Andrew guests the head writer. He says, yeah, Andrew guess and I worked on Hawkeye. He's been around and really is an amazing writer, amazing craftsman, really understands the industry and was able to dig into these characters. And Deston obviously is an amazing filmmak. He's worked on shunk Chi and it really hues closer to more independent films. Short term twelve is that kind of the genre. They crafted something really special, really deep and wonderful at times. It's for an MCU fan that knows the history of Trevor slatly from Ironment three to shun Chi to hear there's a very interesting three act structure for his character as well. I don't want to spoil anything, and it's very sincere, very earnest, and it's not cynical, he says. So this is a two hander Simon and Trevor. He says, yes, they connect on their love for acting. Other than that they're widely different people. Big surprise there they do mention yet when Yaya did his, when Yaya was actually at the first steps form here, they said, Yah Yad did this in character bit for Marvel Socials where he was playing Simon saying the audition for this role of wonder Man and loved the original wonder Man when he was younger. Did Yeah, that's definitely a big part of the premise. It gives us a chance to step back at what we do and how we influence culture. So thinking about that, I mean, when we get to the trailer in a little bit, I'm just I mean, I understand what he's saying. It's very different, but I'm not saying who asked for this? I'm just I'm very confused about this, this concept at this point, like, are we get to get a true is he playing this character Wonderman or is he gonna be one of those where he's gonna eventually get powers and be kind of like what Simon is in the comics, an actor who has powers. They haven't really said that, it's the way he's going, and I know he's playing things close to the check. He's not gonna reveal anything, but this is definitely, right now the most out of left field thing for the MCU. And I'm not saying that's good. I'm saying it's bad. I just it. It's ver. I mean, it's just i'm ccratching my head.
Speaker 3: I very much agree. I was talking to bring about this the other day. I have trouble just of this realizing is Yah Yah playing Simon Williams the actor or Simon Williams transitioning into wonder Man and even reading this article and reading the back and forth between him and Brad Winderbaum, like when he mentions the history of Trevor Slattery. That's not necessarily like a great thing. It had its comedic moments, and it tied some stuff together, and it had like a little bit of a redemption arc from where it was in Iron Man three two where he ended up with in Chunk Chi. But it he was never like that Lynchpin character that you were like, I need to see more of this. So that wasn't really a selling point to me. So it still does not give me any inkling of is this just a buddy film about two burgeoning actors or is this a Marvel super hero epic that we are used to or somewhere in the middle with bits of both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So let's let's cue up this trailer and kind of talk about it as we get through this as always, we'll talk to this volumes down and a close capturing zone, but we'll talk you through for there are audio listeners, all right. The entertainment world is stunned. It says, we get a flash of Hollywood where this reclusive filmmaker is coming out of retirement to do a remake of wonder Man, an old an old basically a movie here a movie at that point, and you know, you see this character on the poster right here. It looks nothing like Simon Williams from the comics, but it doesn't have to. I'm just saying, uh, yeah, yeah, sure one out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, other than the w on his chest, there's nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like how the director is saying everyone is tired of superheroes. There a whole opportunity reimagine a whole genre storytelling. And this is part of this whole thing about being the quote unquote meta thing. It's just like, I'm not sure. I'm that wasn't funny to me. And I'm not saying I'm not disagreeing. I'm not saying I'm offended. I'm saying that just didn't land for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, it seemed a little bit too on the nose too, like nod in wink at the audience that it just didn't hit, like I think that they thought it would.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we see kind of footage of I guess what was the original Wonderman and all the you know, seventies glory of this costume, which is very reminiscent of wonder Man from that era. What are your thoughts about casting? And then we get Trevor and we get Simon Williams. Like how Trevor said he's going to audition for One Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this again, it gives the feel of a buddy movie than it does anything Marvel hero related.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so we get Timed telling his age he's got it, he's born to play this character. And his agent's like, are you serious? Like I said, dropping Leo, Leo DiCaprio's name. There, he's doing his little acting thing, getting prepped for it and checking in and seeing everyone that's getting ready to audition. I'm trying to come up with a backstory of the character. I mean, I'm gonna be interested to see how they play off each other. I mean I like, yeah, yeah, as an actor, I've always enjoyed him. I like this when they're seeing Trevor. It was, yeah, I've seen it before. He said, yeah, I think he used to be a terrorist.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That that line did kind of get me a little bit of a smile like that. That's one of their jokes that did hit with this.
Speaker 1: That was I got a chuckle out of me because it Simon Williams reading for wonder Man. The callback is happening, now, just be normal. The breakdown is go method and he gets welcomed into the house and he thinks he's got the part, only to realize he's with Trevor and there's other people here that got called back, including Trevor, and I'm sorry. They're making this guy look the you know, definitely going for the theer, the crazy reclusive director. They definitely got that idea combining nonfiction and fiction. Well, sure, we're going to make the last movie on Earth. No to have the balls to make another and action wonder Man. You don't know if he's gotten the part yet at all, and so all we know is an eight episode series streaming January twenty seventh, though we do not have confirmation. So that was the big news starting off, like Wonderman was going to be delayed until twenty twenty six, So now we have a date January twenty seventh. Now we have this does not confirm nor did anyone say is this dropping week by week? Are they dropping three episodes and then dropping the rest week by week, or are they going to drop everything all at once? So we talked about this in the GUA chat that if they drop everything, if they don't drop, if they drop it week by week, it's going to run up against Daredevil premiering in March. If they drop three episodes and then every episode after a week by week basis, it will run ending right before Daredevil, and then obviously to drop everything at once, I think from what we've heard rumors of the series, it's gonna be kind of like thirty minute episodes. But I'm gonna be honest with you for for selfish reasons. I mean, the Echo was rough just doing I think, what was it, four episodes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, Echo was six.
Speaker 1: I believe six. That was rough to do that eight episodes to drop, and I get it. And I've said, like, they're just gonna want to dump this and go that we're David and I are gonna have to talk to how we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because even with it coming out on a Tuesday. That's that's still a lot of work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I don't know. And my guess is they're probably gonna say something. Come Okay, Episode Echo was five. Okay, I couldn't remember. I knew, yeah there was something around there. But but yeah, eight episodes dropping out once again, I don't again, this is the last movie of the Chapic. You know, get up much content at that point as they can. But I'm not excited for this year. I'm just gonna be honestly, I haven't been excited for this series since it was announced. Everything coming out of it, it just hasn't wowed me. I try to go in with, you know, prove to me you're bad. I'm gonna try to do that this one. But again I'm being honest. I am not excited about this, and I can genuinely say this is probably one of the first Marvel projects I can generally say I have absolutely the lowest of low expectations for this. Yeah, but I'll be happy to be wrong. I really will. Again, I like yah Ya as an actor. I think he does great job. I just wish the I mean, I will say that I don't think anyone goes out and tries to put out bad quality stuff, but this one is just like in an era where again they were probably already far too long to cancel anything and things like that. But it's just I don't understand what was going on in.
Speaker 3: The room this. I have two thoughts on this. Number One, with it being an eight episode series and with its new release date, I am kind of hoping that they go the way of your friendly neighborhood Spider Man and release it in sections that fit the story. If you give me a three to two two three, you know something like that. If you just kind of mix it up a little bit and for whatever matches the story, then I'm okay with that. Or if they do go with the binge, yeah, that's gonna be. Nothing about this screams I want to binge this right now. And outside of that, again, there's nothing that's from what I've seen, nothing that's driving me to this. They better stick the landing or set up something for the feature. If even if these characters aren't coming back, this has to have some sort of point that sticks it to the m c U or what's the point. What's the point other than you like yah, yah, you like Ben Kingsley, You respect these guys who didn't want to cancel their project, and I mean you shell Blade forever. You could have shelled this so that this this better have something that that ties in strong with what's coming up.
Speaker 1: And we will, uh we will just have to see. So uh see, we've got b R justin in the chat. Keep expectations low and you can't be disappointed. Oh thank you, m J. I think it's the same vein as Agatha. There's more to the plot when theyre's being promoted on the surface. But again I don't that's not a bad assessment at that point, but I mean personally, I was more The trailers for Agatha gave me a lot of hope, and I I was very much intrigued by the character of Agatha and enjoyed what they had to do. So yes, again, that one was just way more intriguing than that. But I do see what you're saying.
Speaker 3: I think Agatha gave us more bread. Agatha gave us more breadcrumbs. Agatha gave us the teen, which it was the story of. You know, going into it, we knew that the teen was a big deal, and there was the speculation of was he going to be one of Wanda's kids? You had to watch to find out. It gave you some reasons other than just Catherine Hahn is an amazing actress watch this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He follows up by saying, I think it will follow the release schedule they've established with Ironheart, multi episode weekly drops, probably over a three week in Yeah, I mean we could do that. I mean that would be good for us. I mean again, it's a three episodes that once it's not great, but it's something that's way more doable than eight episodes and trying to figure out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So but all right, let us before we get into the next one, let's take our first ad break and talk about more things we're actually very excited about. So, as you know, listeners, these ads help keep the light down in the Gee Ultimate Alliance network. We don't get to choose what ads come on, and they could be a bit loud. To give that a three account before they come on three two one, we'll be right back and we are back, all right. So, as you see, I am very much decked out in my lovely Daredevil Born Again shirt. So let's talk about Daredevil Born Again Season two now with this and then as we follow up with X Men ninety seven, you know that we're going to continue on with this interview from Winnebaum that he's going to talk about. We'll also talk about what happened with the leaked trailer at that point, which we will not be showing. Sorry, guys, just we're not We're not aiming to be taken down at that point. But Disney is very leggitious. Yes they are so so Winnabomb goes on as they go into Darren ovil Borne again, he said, let's move on to Born Again. So far, one of the biggest updates is Kristin Riders involvement. Were there a lot of discussions about the very first defender that you.
Speaker 3: That what was it, the very first defender that you wanted to join.
Speaker 1: The shock yep, sorry my MYPI kind of screwed up there for a second, just because Jessica is a great series. The first season with Purple Man I put there was put up on. There was the marvels I've ever done, and Kristin really embodies the character. We like the way Frank Castle played in the first season of Dreed devil Borne against season one characters can come in in the orbit and the greater universe. The first and best idea was to bring Kristen back and to have her be part of the Resistance, and that Matt was trying to build in the midst of a lot of obstacles and drest of fisks New York. The next big question we got kristin Ritter, He asks, is Luke Cage and Danny Rand that far behind? He says, the less I say, the better. Dario, our showrunner, is trying to tell a story to great effect. That is, like stan Lee said, a reflection of the world outside your window. The politics of New York are a big part of that story. It's clearly about a guy who runs around in a devil's soup is But what is amazing about Dario's work is the intimacy of the interplay of all these characters and how he really treats New York and the world of City Hall in the groundswell of the character is Resistance round fisk. I feel it like at times like a fantasy of Game of Thrones or something. There's a prom there's a balance intrigued type storytelling that is really fun to read. I'm starting to watch the cuts. It's amazing. So I don't know if it's exactly about who's going to show up. It's a little deeper than that, and there are rewards to be had for fans. It's really about the stakes for this world and that Kingpin building in New York. Uh And really says, I want to ask about Matt Lillard. When you think about Matt Matth's character, you think of all his horror work. I was curious about his casting and any specifics that in regards to whose character is going to be. He says that he plays a man named mister Charles. The story is about power. When Wilson Fist takes over New York, not just about as mayor but as king in away, it puts him in a new class of power players on the international stage. Matthew Lillard's character represents that. So he's a bit of a new antagonist on the field, but he's influential in many ways. As Fisk is that power negotiation is negotiation is at a high level politics in international diplomacy. So mister Charles is going to be a bad guy, but is going to be against Fisk. I imagine that conversation about if it's as big of a story affecting this much of the city. Do we have we have do we have to now bring in like Mala Khan or Spider Man or all these other New York based heroes. Brad says, Yeah, we are communicating a lot with the team of Spider Man Brand New Day to make sure that there's coherence there. We don't want to spoil anything, but it's very much exists in the same world and it is important, and it's important we are in a shared universe together. And I would just say just the DAREDIVL like like the Dared of a comic books. The Punisher com books depicted a certain tone and an idea of New York in a different way than Spider Man, but they both exist in the same universe. It's similar. Everything lines up and impacts are felt. We are able to tell different stories, he said, brings up Elden Henson was at Elie Comic Con recently. He said something that everybody interpreted that he wasn't coming back and dared of the season two. I wasn't sure if he's talked about Foggy not being alive. Could you clarify, he said, I actually haven't seen that quote, but I can tell you he is in season two. People don't know what they're allowed to say and what they're not allowed to say. Also, do I play coy? Do I be honest? It's always a dance. So that's the stuff about Dared Devil. We'll talk about the leak stuff what they revealed on stage later. So Eldon is back. We do see some of that in the leak trailer. We did get some confirmation about brand New Day is occurring in the timeline after Born Again season two. Yeah, but so they're communicating with each other, so it sounds like there's gonna be some sort of you know. So I'm not saying there's gonna be a spider in Hell's Kitchen or Devil and the Queens, but you and I and many others are saying, come on, I want to see those two in costume together. We know we're getting Frank.
Speaker 3: I will say that. You know, one big thing that people always say, especially with Marvel movies, is oh, you've got this big battle going on here, You've got this thing going on here. Where's all the these other heroes that are based out of this city. Well, listen, now they're at least, you know, taking that into account, like, Okay, well, we can't do this in this area of the city because in Spider Man, he's going to be in that area of the city. So we need to make sure that these two things don't have any interactions that wouldn't make sense if they're in a shared universe. I do like that. So they're not confirming that there is going to be a definitive crossover, but they are confirming that, hey, we are making sure that there are no conflicts between our story and their story or anything that throws off the timelines of each story.
Speaker 1: So I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that little hope. I like that dangling carrot of what could be, even though they can't say what is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I also, you know, I Luke Cage and Danny Rand. You know, the question was asked. I have other ideas of other people I'd like to see. You know, I've said it before. I'd love to see Luke Cage back over, Danny Rand again, Colleen Wing, give me, give me Colleen back. You know, we can, we can continue on that journey. But well see I said that this week.
Speaker 3: Actually, if I can only get one person from each show from Iron fists. It would be Colleen. If I could only have one to represent that show, it's going to be Colleen.
Speaker 1: I know you don't want to be greedy, right, So all right, So let's move on to what they talked about with X Men ninety seven before we head into the panels. So, X Men ninety seven, especially with the show runner change, I think fans have a lot of questions about what to expect with season two, if the vibe and Tony is going to be very similar to season one, or if it's going to be a new direction. What can you say about the continuation of the show under a new creative leadership, Brad says, well, first and foremost, it's actually the entire creative team, same director, same producer, same cast, many of the same writers, and it's standing on the shoulders of giants. One thing that makes X Men ninety seven work so well that everybody's rowing in the exact same direction. Everyone that works on the show knows the original series inside and out, and we worked very very closely with Eric and Julia Leweld and Larry Houston, the creators of the original series. They're here all the time reviewing material and talking about the artists, and the second season feels very much a worthy successor for the first season. They said, Season one left us a very apocalyptic arrival and a very clear tease of Gambits serving as the angel of death. Is it fair to assume that the teas has a big implications for season two? Story at large, Right says the tea certainly matters, and apocalypse is a big part of season two. Ross Markwand was talking recently, basically teeing up that there's a lot of characters that die in season two. He said, I saw something about that. I would say that is the same state that it has the same stakes as season one. I wouldn't characterize it as a lot of characters die. It's not Marvel zombies, but like many great anime shows like It's ninety seven season one, mortalities on the table, and some of these characters want to do what's right at any costs. And then you know the elephant in the room. Got to ask about bo bo to Mao has been sharing his side of his experiences in the story on social media pretty regularly. I recognize that this is an ongoing conversation being handled internally. What are your feelings about on the matter and his exit. We've talked about this before. I'm grateful to Bo we've launched the series together. I think he did excellent work. Frankly, I don't really look at at it or read any of it, so I really don't know. I believe every line.
Speaker 3: I believe everything, but that last line. You have had me up until that last line.
Speaker 1: That last line. Yeah, so yeah, So, I mean that's X Men ninety seven is. I mean, we both have said many great things about it. I mean, there's a lot writing on this, and we know that from what we've understood, most of the season two has remained intact. There wasn't too much in the sense of X SO. I think it's gonna be very curious to see when Bo starts tweeting again when the series does come out. He's gonna be you know, he's gonna have worse to say, and if something has changed, he's gonna be the first one to call it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's not gonna be quiet. We know he's not gonna be quiet. This line by Brad Wunderbaum is the perfect company way of responding to this, so that you don't give any feel to the fire. You don't give him any ammunition for his arsenal. So I get that, but I'm very much looking forward to it. X Men ninety seven was an amazing show. I legitimately quoted it yesterday in a text message, So you know that's just how good it was and how memorable it was. And you know, I will say that there are two characters in there who were right, and I stand by that, and I am so happy that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, if you're gonna stand by you better stand by stand by who exactly are calling out, because then I'm gonna call you out for saying, oh, you can't stand by your man.
Speaker 3: Okay, Cyclops was right his whole tirade with the news people. My man was on point. He was making some points, Magneto.
Speaker 1: Magneto was right. I'll stay by my point. Cyclopes is wrong, he is. I will. I will always stand by that point. But yes, Magneto, there's uh, there's a lot to be said by that, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the amount of times I quote the line don't make me let you down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep. B R justin saying I can't believe we'll be getting an annual release of X ninety seven starting next year, finally putting the IP to good use. Yes, and we'll break that down that that I didn't where we think we're headed to. So all right, so let us from the news article to the panel proper. That was again moderated by Fay's heroes. Brandon Davis. Congratulations to him and getting that first time getting to moderate a panel like this for Marvel Studios. So all right, we're gonna start off with your friendly neighborhood spider Man season two. So again Brad Rennbaum was on stage with him, so a lot of this was coming from him. Season two will pick off right where season one left off, with a major focus on Peter Parker's lore in history. Fans will remember season one's ending with the reveal that his father, Richard Parker, was alive and in jail as Aunt May paid him a visit. There will also be more action with c Symbias. After the season ended with a tease for Venom. Attendee saw the first publicly released footage for season two, which confirmed Charlie Cox's return as the animated variant of Marvel of Matt Murdoch and Daredevil. Daredevil will return, and he will wear the classic costume of this time. Now, when Charlie Cotchs does come on stage four Daredevil two, Brandon does ask him about, like, how is it cool to be kind of be in uh, you know, seeing that suit with Spider Man At that point he meant the friendly end with Spider Man. I believe he was. He wasn't trying to catch him at that point, but Charlie kind of got stumbled a little bit over that one. So a lot of us are kind of watching It's like, there's more there. I don't know, we're seeing something. Charlie's pretty good about it, but he caught him up in something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's one of the things about playing the dual role though, the live action plus you know voice in this character, is you got to be very very careful of how you speak and you need to be very exact on the things that you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forgot to mention. When Brad talked about Marvel Zombie, he did follow up by saying, we did our job. We did our job with Marble Zombies. Listeners and watchers get ready for He basically said, we did our job. That's basically as much of a conversation we're gonna get another We're gonna get Marble Zombie season two. Yeap, so that was a nice surprise to get that confirm. But anyways, continue on with her friendly with Spider Man that Additionally, season two will deliver the MCU's first adaptation of Gwen Stacy. As Peter Parker asks the character, what do I call you, she responds with a simple Gwen, confirming the classic love interest inclusion. The footage included a new look at Auto Octavius, better known as to fanss doc Ac and the alien symbiat Venom. Peter Parker returns to Oscorp to find the symbiat before striking a deal with Norman Osbourne. The trailer closes with Robby Robertson falling off of a roof a Lah Green Stacy and Amazing Spider Man two, and it cuts right before Spider Man catches him. In this section, Winnebaum hyped up Venom by telling the audience fans of Venom should get excited. No official release date outside of the time period it will come out Fall of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited for Venom. I there's no way around it. I mean, it's Venom.
Speaker 1: Yep, if if Jack saying he's can't wait for X Men Night seven, But yeah, I think friendly with Spider Man after those first that first couple of episodes that dropped it really surprised me. Yeah, they they really up the anti. That was a show that I was saying, Okay, it's Spider Man, I'm gonna give it, give it a shot. I want to see what it does. And they went some directions that I was pretty impressed with. Still, X min ninety seven was is at the top with when it comes to the animation, But this one had a good idea that for a while, we haven't seen that kind of a Peter Parker like this, and you know, I don't want to quit Tomahan like this, this is this is a different Peter Parker and I'm okay with that. I like seeing this. You know what Steve did go and Stanley did this. This does a good job channeling that while bringing him kind of modern flare to it. So I'm excited when it does come out. I'm I have a lot of high hopes for what they built twitter and where it's coming from. Yeah, all right, so good. Moving on to X Men ninety seven Season three is already in production. Brad Winnebaum says season three will be teed up in a massive way by the events of season two in the neutral which David and I have seen the leak footage for it at that point see and we do see Apocalypse, who will be one of the main villains for these new episodes. The X Men are confirmed to be scattered across the past and future as they look to get back to their time period in the nineties. As described by Bitch, we got to bring the X Men back to the nineties. I gotta chuckled at that one. It said so cheesys. I know, yeah, so cheesy. Gene Grant's got summer Sun that Nathan Summers has grown into a team teenager as well. We did see our first look at Wolverine back in costume with bone claws saying I'm back. We do see. I found it interesting. We got the Grant Morrison new X Men costumes at that point, and I find it interesting, Like Gene doing kind of like telekinetic Wolverine clause like that was interesting, and like using it like Scott to like kind of fan out the his optic blast. We get like footage of like X Force and Forge. You know, Morpho is back. It was you know, we got a lot of good I mean again, we're we can't knock get it out. So this one. Season two will release in summer twenty twenty six, so we got a lot to be excited for it for summer.
Speaker 3: It's it's gonna be a busy summer, which means that we will not be having to uh want for anything for a while. So this time when we get those no news breaks, it will be more of a reprieve than it is. Marvel's just holding out on us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, VR justin sing I think the nineties line was intentionally cheesy, a callback to oh yeah it was. I mean again, I'm here for it. It was just interesting hearing it come from Bishop, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, So Daredevil Born Again Season two it's confirmed to debut in March of twenty twenty six. I think we have a sort of confirmation or sort of pretty strong feeling like it's gonna come out that first week. I want to say March fourth is the date now, looking at it, I don't have that in front of me right now. So if you wanna, yeah, see if you can pull back up. But right now we are confirming early March fans got to see the first trailer, as did David and I for the New Steven, which offered plenty of new details, and Charlie Cox and Christian Rider came on stage. Karen Page and Mett Murdock rekindle the romantic relationship built during the original Daredevil series of Netflix. That's all I gotta say to that, getting milkshakes in a diner before kissing and dancing. Matt is also attacked by something sonic in nature. Other shots highlighted mention John Frios Winston fist boxing in the gym. He appears to have an underground prison, similar to what fans saw at the end of season one. There's also a flashback to look at Eldon Henson's foggy Neilson because he's got that long hair versus when he where we saw him, all crew cuts. So again we're getting flashbacks. You know, we don't know if we're gonna get him back alive at that point, but release getting him into a flashback, Okay, so man without fear, we'll release March fourth, Okay, yep. Perfect. Kristin Ritters. Jessica Jones shows up in her first action for Marvel Studios since twenty nineteen. We're also has called it surreal to return to the MCU, feeling as if no time has passed. She did confirm there is a group chat with her and the Defenders. Charlie Coxon and her and their families are very very close. They're very very good friends. So it's she, you know, they're very good friends with each other, and so it's you know, it's fun getting to act with your friends. Davis also discussed at sending a team to defend New York City, teasing a potential Defenders reunion after Netflix's Defender saga ended in twenty nineteen. Charlie Cox seemed to agree with the sentiment, but fans still have to wait for characters like Luke Cage or Iron Fist to join the mix. Footage also includes Wilson Burt Wilson Bethel as Bullseye, but he was not wearing the costume used in season one. It will take with Okay, so yeah, so Daredevil Born Against season two takes place before Brand New Day. Yes, so it was very cool seeing that, seeing that footage, you know, and seeing finally fine even though we saw it while it was already filming season two getting to see Daredevil having the Dity on his chest.
Speaker 3: Finally, Yeah, and he did an interview where he said he felt like it was earned having the chance to as he kept referring to it the double DS on his chest. He said that it felt earned.
Speaker 1: It did feel earned. So and so you know, we're like, okay, I mean they I'm kind of going out of order of the of the panel. But they started with Daredevil. They were like, walln, You're starting with Daredevil, what are you gonna end with? Well, they they took they took an interesting turn and ended with talking about Vision Quest. So they went to Bob and Davis brought up Vision star Paul Bett. Need to share some information about Vision Quest, including confirming the show's title. This will mark the third and final chapter in the wand Division quote unquote trilogy. So we've got WandaVision, we got added all along in Vision Quest will be the conclusion of that. Us discussed the show by detailing how red vision gives white vision. We're gonna call it, I like how they're calling it Hex's vision and snow vision. All all of his memories, including everything that happened in Wanda Maximova's hex during the twenty twenty one's Wonder Vision. However, snow Vision struggles to connect with those memories and lacks the emotions or feelings associated with them. According to Betany, snow Vision's journey through the show is trying to connect with those memories. A short trailer revealed, and this is what I haven't seen yet. I haven't seen that footage come out yet, have you, David.
Speaker 3: I have not been able to find that footage. I've looked, but I've not been able to find that footage.
Speaker 1: So a short trailer revealed many of the show's new cast members who play human forms of some of the MSU's many notable AI systems, including Henry Lewis, who plays Dummy from the Iron Man saga, So we're gonna get human version of that. We're gonna get Jonathan Sayer Raise You Orla Brady embraces the role of Friday, and Emily Hampshire joins the show as Edith from Spider Man Far from Home, So they're all gonna be in human form. Additionally, James Darcy makes his grand return to the MCU as Jarvis, where he first played both seasons in that role of Agent Carter and returning in Avengers Endgame. Finally, finally, finally, the man of the Hour, the man who I love seeing on screen and just love just everything about it, just oozes this coolness. Finally, James Spader takes on his first MCU project in more than a decade, reprising his role as Ultron, also in human form.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited about that, so excited about that.
Speaker 1: So the footage concluded with a quick look at Rudik Malika Malka as CCTV recording where he has identified as Thomas Shepherd. Fans will recognize that as the reincarnated version of Tommy Maximov, also known as Speed. Billy Maximov is twin brother in Wanda's other son. So will we see a reuniting a Billy and Tommy.
Speaker 3: We've had the revelation with the teen and now we're gonna get this. This is supposed to be the culmination, So I mean, I think it's it's only right that you end with them too coming together.
Speaker 1: Yep. So they did not give a date outside of this is just releasing sometime in twenty twenty six. So if we know it's not gonna be the first half. So my guess is this is going to be a fall release, you know, if we're if we're if we're saying we got wonder Man January, Daredevil, March X Men ninety seven in the spring, I was gonna mean this summer, and then we've got a Friendly Neighborhood in the fall. This is going to be probably late fall, early winter. Yeah, but they said the first footage evoke the same eerie tones as WandaVision.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I would suspect somewhere around an October release for this, just going off of how they normally space out their shows. I could see something around in October release, especially if they're not doing another Zombies this year or anything else that they have lined up in that category.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So but yeah, so, but yeah, that was that was a panel, a lot of very interesting stuff and gets us excited for what the future is. So I definitely think that was a home run for Marvel Studios.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, I do like it that they've taken kind of New York Comic Con as their you know, television premiere stuff. That's that's kind of good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, and it gives you something to look forward to. I mean, everyone knows about San Diego Comic Con haulage and things like that. But then have knowing that, okay, New York Comic Con, we we're giving you some good, some exclusives, and the fact that so many of the characters within the Marvel universe are based out of New York. Like you've got that that tie to that as well, gotcha?
Speaker 1: But all right, so that was all the news from New York Comic Cons. So we're gonna take our final ad break for the evening. So as you know, listeners, these ads help keep the lights on the Gee Ultimate Alliance Network. We don't get choose what ads come on, and they could be a bit loud to they give you that three account before they come on three two one. We'll be right back and we are back, all right, So let us get into you know, as always, I put out the the Spidy signal as it were on on in the afternoons on Wednesday, so you all you know, we got we gotta, we got a factor of fiction. So we'll hold that out off till that point. But it looks like you gotta you got someone coming in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we uh, we had a question come in literally right as we were about to go live. This hit my d MS and it is from Jim scrogg saying which MCU character would have the best wrestling entrance and what would their song be?
Speaker 1: Oh geezh, I wish I had a little more time to think about that. I think of that on the fly.
Speaker 3: I I am going to go with a cheap and easy answer, but it makes it makes sense, and I'm gonna say it's it's going to be Thor. It's gonna specifically be party Thor. He's gonna come down to thunderstruck. But I think that he will use his powers to set off the Pyro Like this won't be a guy standing in the back hitting a button to set off the Piro. No, his his lightning is gonna come down and he's gonna make the explosions and he's going to have this party jump in all on his own as he takes the longest Roman reign style insurance sixteen minutes to get to the ring. But it is going to be a party.
Speaker 1: Uh see, you had to go Thor. I was gonna go Baty ray Bill. So I'm not gonna do that, and I you know, but but will I will go a different way. I will go with you know, I I know I may be alone in this one, and that it's okay. I'll be an island to myself. I was always a big I actually was a fan of the the swerve they did with Undertaker as the when he went, when he went kind of biker Undertaker, I actually did. I did like that. But along the same vein you know who who do good wrestler? How about him? You know my man, uh Danny Ketch ghost Rider coming down and that in that flames and uh, you know we're gonna have his entrance music be a little bit of a C d C Highway to Hell.
Speaker 3: Oh that that's that is a good one.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm gonna go gonna go with that Danny Ketch with oh it was my my my ghost writer.
Speaker 3: So yes, no, that that is definitely a good one. And I can see it with the flames and everything, and yeah, I'm here for that one.
Speaker 1: That's good all right? So well, thank you, thank you Jim for coming in with that one. So let us head into factor fiction. So from a couple of weeks ago, either coming from mister Snow, should I thank him again? I don't. I don't want to think I'm not gonna thank him. Yeah, he doesn't need to be thanked, So factor fiction. Number one, Avengers Doomsday in Secret Wars will make four billion dollars combined. Forty seven percent said fact, fifty three percent said fiction. So let me see we'll make four billion combined. A Yeah, I'm I'm I'm gonna be a fiction on that one. I'm gonna be fiction might come close. Yeah, all right. Number two, we won't get a Young Avengers or Champions live action project of any sort within the next five years fifty five percent in fact, forty five percent in fiction. Heart wants it, but we're starting to get aged out of this.
Speaker 3: I mean for getting Billy and Tommy though maybe maybe.
Speaker 1: And again I'm not gonna turn down seeing Hailey Steinfeld lead the team, but you know. Number three, last one, maharscher La Ali will appear in Avenger Secret Wars seventeen percent in fact eighty three percent said fiction. Probably not, probably not yep, all right, So my turn this week. So Number one Wanda at Wanda slash scarlet, which will not appear in Vision Quest in new footage only if we do see anything of Wanda or indoor scarlet, which it'll just be in repurposed footage, so we will not see her in any new footage envision quest.
Speaker 3: I will go fact on that.
Speaker 1: I'm along with you that one.
Speaker 3: I think that if they're going to bring her back fully bring her back, that they are going to save her for something bigger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm with you on that one. Heart wants it, But yeah, I don't think it's gonna be in the cards. She's still dead dead at the Doornet. We'll sonor and you know what, I've put it out there. I'm gonna put it out there proper for a fact of fiction. Colleen Wing will return to Daredevil Born Against season two as a new iron Fist. It's going to happen. Putting it out there, it's gonna happen. That's gonna be the big surprise. That's gonna be one of the big surprises coming out.
Speaker 3: I'm so fifty to fifty on this, But just because my heart wants it, I am going to say fact. I can see them in the middle of a battle, A glowing fist punches through. They think it's Danny and his Colleen, and I'm going to just jump out of my seat with joy.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right. And finally we will see a major team member of the X Men die in X Men ninety seven and not be resurrected like they're dead. We're not. No no resurrections, no do overs. This x this team member from the X Men will will be dead.
Speaker 3: I am going to say fact on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yep, I'm a fact as well. I think someone's gonna stay dead this time, Cyclops. And that's what he will be right about dead.
Speaker 3: Death is where he's right.
Speaker 1: He is right in death, right there, Jean, cry over it and oh so sorry, Scott, let me just you know, put my arm around you there, Genie.
Speaker 3: Genie, let me comfort you.
Speaker 1: Yes, let me comfort you. So all right, and then we have Anthony Dorsey coming on on Threads for a factor fiction you wanted to add, saying Turk Barrett will return in Daredevil Born Again season two. So uh. The Turk was kind of one who kind of had a lot of through lines through a number of the Death Enders series, kind of like a you know, a little down on his luck crew member and things like that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, uh I want it. So yeah, he because he he was, he was the lynchpin. He's the anchor point of the Defenders universe. It's Turk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I mean, the Turk is there. I do like this new person coming into the chat. I Marvel was a dud and n y CC. DC crushed it this year with Vertigo. Well, yes, on the comic side, I will agree with you on that. Marvel didn't have too much on the comic side that I got excited about. But these DC studios didn't come to really uh and and ner comic com But yes, you are right. D C Comics crushed it. And when it came to the drops and everything like that.
Speaker 3: I feel like to that point, Marvel didn't have to crush it in the comics section, and without any real anything big coming up, DC had to put on a showing with their comics. They had to bring in Ko and what's going on with Batman and the bat Family. They had to bring in some of their other stuff to kind of position themselves in that comic book Realm.
Speaker 1: And and and one of the big things beside Vertico coming out and being properly put in there, we get the swamp thing issues that have been legendary that have been been put into Lord d C Comics is putting out the the ending of the run of Ron Vetch's where Swamp Thing meets Jesus. That that that that I'm telling you telling these are the issues that we've been waiting on there. We've we've seen little things, but the fact that DC's finally putting it out, oh my gosh. You can't wait for the conclusion of that. That's gonna be fun. But anyway, there's your GC talk on marble lines, all right, so we will I will put those out on Sunday afternoon. Let your voice to be heard and let us get into our com book club with Spider Man Life Story the seventies. So we we we left off with Gwen finding out that Peter is Spider Man when he's on the train station. We we definitely got a big flash forward, no pun intended about how we're opening this. Uh, you know, years got older, It got Gwen with kind of a new haircut. They are married, and he's in front of a grave site that he's kind of telling everything that's kind of happened since then, and it seems to be that flash Thompson has passed away and it was it looks to be he might have been killed in Action in Vietnam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it while you were reading it, it gave off the this is the speech that he would have in front of Uncle Binn's grave. But yeah, we cut to Flash. We cut to the guilt that he was holding on from the first issue about his great power and not being there for Flash. So this was a big jump yet because we go straight into nineteen seventy seven, like and when we did this with Fantastic four it was incremental jumps, you know, a couple of years here and there, But this is a huge jump forward.
Speaker 1: And also we're not chasing galactis right, remember Galactus is coming God forbid. Yeah. In and we see that Peter's working with Read Richards with a lot of white on his hair, a lot of uh rocking the goatee at that point, and Peter's definitely you know, we see doc Oc is there and now a reform villain working with the Future Foundation and doc Oc being the voice of reason to read kind of read kind of you know, read being read as their words, and Peter's just thinking, why can't we do more? You know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Read is even in this version still the not looking at humanity through empathetic guys he's he's very he has his thought process, he has where his brain's going, and that's just it. And the fact that he and Peter just keep getting into these ideology back and forth and docc is the peacekeeper among the two is just it's a dynamic that you didn't see coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But we see Harry visiting Norman in prison and just you know, commenting on how he's been leading the company, but telling him that he needs to uh, you know project the Gemini project is how to control I need you to rescue it and the rescue the asset before it's lost. He's like, no, I'm not doing this. He just listened. It's my life's work. And I've got one more secret to tell you. And we're just saying, oh god, he's going to tell him about Peter. But we see Peter then go meet Gwen at at the lad that she's working at with this you know, the uh, the very interesting professor Warren and uh, you know we kind of know who Warren is in the proper MCU and you know, he kind of says, Peter, you should also work for us at that point, it'd be great, and he's like, oh, that'd be great. You know, getting me, pulling in some more money and things like that, and just the staring at they have as they walk away as a couple, just like, I don't like where this is going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's some definite if if you know, you know, foreshadowing going on here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Peter is making his way, He's gott to meet up with MJ. And you know, as Harry's there, and you know, MJ's living her best life, dancing, drinking and everything, and there's Harry not quieting the uppers and downers cowboy. You know, I like how we're kind of calling it out that he's you know, they're living their seventies life. Yeah, and you know he's he tells m J saying, you know, her asked, are you and Harry okay? And then them just lights him up, saying, yeah, we're perfect. We can't all be like you and Gwen and everything like that. Why didn't you you know, maybe it's maybe it's like you should have you know, Wallam regrets at that point, but you had all this power. You could have saved bitch. She called out, you could have saved Flash. And he just stops and this is like, uh oh, It's like I know, I've known since I was fifteen that you were Spider Man, but you decide to spend a decade in your own club outfit, playing your own clown, convincing yourself. I was like, geez MJ. Wow.
Speaker 3: She went in on him like that was a lot of repressed anger and frustration. She lit up to a and in the middle of a crowded dance floor at Studio fifty four at that So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we flashed back to Peter looking kind of rough, going in early to uh work with with with Reid at that point, and he even goes off on Reid and Peter does not not, you know, making great about anything at that point. And this is where Landsay says, so you're you're not You're so not human naughty that even your wife left you for a man who lives under the theme bam. He said. Even my spider sentence knew it was coming, and I just let him have that one least I could do.
Speaker 3: Yet, you know what, Peter deserved that hit, Like, oh yeah he did. Yeah, we're both making some points, but Peter, you you earned that now. I will say I thought that the way that Reid responded with some of his points when he was breaking down. Yeah, I could solve the problem of not enough people having clothes, and then I ruin a multi billion dollar clothing industry and people are out of jobs.
Speaker 1: Read actually making sense, and that's that's what he say, Like I can't play god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that that that was a moment right there. That kind of puts certain things in perspective of, yeah, I can't just invent this and make this thing go away, because if I do, then how many people in the textile industry are out of a job, how many people in this arena are out of a job, and things like that. So that that made a lot of sense. But yeah, Peter had tried to get his words off and he deservedly so got that slap across the face.
Speaker 1: Consequences coming. So we flashed to Harry waking up, say I have a good time. MJ's like yeah, and he says, were a stupid It said, not you, it was Peter. Peter made some comments I'll talk to him later, and it looks like Norman calls him he his dad. Of course, I'm ready, and like Peter's beating himself up, and it's interesting kind of this suit. It's kind of got these kind of metal like kind of gauntlets and protections there. It's kind of interesting. When I read, I was like, where did those all of a sudden come from? And then we flashed to the Gwen and at her job, and then we get we get a busting through. The Black Goblin comes in and I was like, okay, that's that's that's a choice. And Peter Spider Man fights them and I'll show what you're looking for, just blowing up stuff, and the bomb reveals that.
Speaker 3: Miles Warren is at it again yep.
Speaker 1: And Professor Warren is there's a there's Peter body, there's a Norman body, he's gi Me a hairy body, and there's a Gwen body. And he was like, you were supposed to just be my father? Why the other two says I. He wanted a clone of himself to pin his crimes on, but he also wanted one of Peter. And I don't know why, but why me if Peter Parker? He wanted Peter to be his heir, even after all this time, and it's always about you. So they get a big fight going on, and when suddenly realized, oh, he warns it, I wanted him all to my art, you all to myself. At that point, it's like, oh, we're getting real creepy. Yeah.
Speaker 4: That that took a turn for a mentor mentee relationship when he was saying I made a clone because the clone was supposed to stick around, and I was going to take the real one to be with me, which is not something you really hear in these situations.
Speaker 3: A lot of times people like take the clone because they can mold their thoughts. He's like, no, I want the real thing. I was going to leave Peter with the clone. I want the real one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so when Peter and Harry are fighting, he says, I put him away before he could hurt anyone, but he's still hurting people. You me, now, Gwen through the professor with that abomination. Don't give him that power, he says, Pete, he just gets in my head. He says, no more is. He throw some pumpkin bombs in there and blows them up, and Warren goes, no, no, no, he said, and Gwen says, you gotta save him. There are clones, but their living beings. He's on it looks like he goes in and sees basically Glass is already killed, killed Norman, and Gwen didn't look like he made it, but the Peter clone is still alive. And then Professor just loses his mind and like you said, like I wanted Gwen all to myself, no substitutes. What do you mean you would never know that your wife was a clone while I held on to my Gwendolen until we could leave together. And he's like no, and realizing that at some point his Gwen was replaced and he was with a clone, and it just goes to black. And we go a year later and we see, you know, now this Peter the clone, Peter ak going Ben and now the Gwen clone who Peter's been with now going off into their memories and wanting a second chance, Ben and Helen Parker and they go off and MJ comes up says, I get that you couldn't see them again, but I think they'll be okay. He says, yeah, they get a life, they get a new life. Where's my life? Like I've it's not I have nothing. Everything was a lie And he just left hugging MJ and MJ actually trying to be consoling and just like, I mean, Peter, that is that is a way like hard ending. He has literally entire life is just ended up. Literally, like everything that he's built around during those years, you know, just gone. At one point question, yeah, when was Gwen replaced?
Speaker 3: Yeah, best friend's gone, his girl's gone, even though Harry's gone. He even says that Harry left MJ with millions, so she's set for life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only one who's left broken is Peter, and all he's tried to do is do right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And if jacksonying agreed, MJ went off the handle. Holy smokes, Tiger. That wasn't the jackpot you were expecting. Very good, very good. But yeah, so we will head into the eighties and Secret Wars next the next time we are back. And but yeah, so Chalky Episode of Building Volume two seventy five to a close. So, as always, I thank you all, and David tell people I think follow you.
Speaker 3: Oh, you can follow me on all socials at the Phantom. You can follow me here on the geek First Network. As part of the wrestling show The Gimmick. We will be coming love to this Sunday, going over some stuff that's going on in the w w sphere, reviewing wrest Dream for aw doing our draft updates and just all things wrestling. So yeah, you can find me there, and you can find me on all socials at the Fantom.
Speaker 1: Yep, and yes you can. We want to thank as always our official sponsor or Getting Price Books dot I'm just giving panel bound Comics dot com. Use that code Marvel gua check out to get two dollars off every single order, or use the code mgua sit for five percent off when you order four or more books together. You can follow me on all the socials at Chris Balga. You can follow this show on Twitter at Marvel a Podcast. You can follow the Key Cultimate Alliance Network on Twitter at guapod Network. You can email the show at Marvel Alliance Podcast at gmail dot com. Feel free to tweet you or email if you want to find feedback, ask questions to answer on the show. Our dms are open across the board. Continue to rate, review Marvel Lines Solo, feed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, wherever you get your podcasts. Were greatly appreciated. We want to thank you all for listening, Thank you all for joining us in chats today. Safe out there, and as always, as standon man would say, excelsior true Believers. All right, David, what have we got for post credits discussion?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I've had two people ask me about this. Latest one was Brent today, and I read somewhere else about this, but I haven't been able to lock it down. There have been unconfirmed reports that Joe Pentaliono, who played Ben or Kant Joey, he played Ben Urick in Afflex Daredevil, we'll have a role in wonder Man. We've already seen the likes of Chris Evans and Michael B. Jordan get a second shot at a Marvel character. And we've had some other people who have gotten a second shot at going from a no name character here, a low level character there, to something more major. With that being said, who would you like to see get another shot at a Marvel character?
Speaker 1: I took a little bit to think about this one, but I finally came upon it, and I would say, Michael Fastbender. I would like to see him get another shot, you know, playing magnificently Magneto in the First Class series. I think I love him as an actor. I think he would find a I don't know what kind of part right now, but I like him as an actor and I think he could get a another life in the MCU as someone not Magneto.
Speaker 3: Yes, that that's a great shot. I absolutely love him as well. My thought process with this is, and I hate to bring up the movie Morbius, Matt Smith is the best part of that movie. Yes, Matt Smith is absolutely amazing.
Speaker 1: And I had two those man moves on moves.
Speaker 3: I had two thought processes here, one more realistic and one is just tying in my other nerddom to it. So the more realistic one is I don't think that they would bring back any version of Green Goblin after everything that has happened. But I do think Matt Smith could play a good version of Robert Kingsley's Hobgoblin if they decide not to go the net route. So if they don't go that route with Spider Man and they bring in Hobgoblin, I think that just the way that he talks, his cadences, laugh, everything else, he could pull off that Hobgoblin role. The other role that I would be okay with him playing is Son of the Purple Man. And just because he already he already replaced David Tennant once do it.
Speaker 1: Again, Well, it can't get anywhere on those of that. So but all right, well we will see you next time. I would say, see, we'll hopefully see you next week. But you never know with Marvel these days, whether they want to give us news or not. Now that we've pushed off, we pushed off wondermental next year. We're just gonna have to see from week to week what news are gonna drop. But as you always know, we'll plan on being here next week and whenever they drop the news, and we'll see you real soon and again, see you next time. Go bye, see you,