Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon. I now, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Hee.
Speaker 1: Right right, yeah, babe, Smack Davi at the middle of the week, Wakey, wakey, hands off, Snakey rod Ryan Shoke checking in wild Card Wednesday. Come on five fifty eight, forty percent chance of some showers. We're gonna be dealing with that this morning as well. Cloudy skies, highs up around fifty four. Weather's in the news today just because we're going to be dealing with colder temperatures and rain. Could create a wintry mix, could be some freeze warnings in our future. We'll talk about it. Okay, let's talk about fun stuff. Sean Connery going for win number three, our first none one pump shump in the year to be in the freshout of d head to head at six twenty. You think you can beat them, call us Gary Clark Junior tickets on your fun fact flashback. Get the Post is what we're gonna play at seven to twenty. You get to be the DJ. You're playing for ghost tickets. We'll play that game at seven twenty. Popa roach rise against tickets at eight twenty. Alternative incomes back a chance to win one thousand dollars and we're gonna hook you up with the Busfest tickets today on the show. Busfest tickets still on sale. We got to talk about you coming down to the station tomorrow to play Read my Lips. There's a sign up on links and guests. We'll get into that today and I've got my man Alex right here. Good morning, Alex, Good morning. On to Houston's headlines for the Morning Ride Morning Home Room.
Speaker 3: More than six million people in the Los Angeles area remain under a critical fire threat, and as high winds are expected to last through the rest of today, the wins are making it much harder for the firefighters to contain those fires, which have killed at least twenty five people more than one hundred and thirty five fires. Firefighters from the Houston area have made it to California and been deployed to help assist with those fires. TMZ did confirm that a wildfire relief concert is being put together for January thirtieth, will no acts have been announced yet. TMZ says that there has been an overwhelming response from dozens of musicians and some other weather news More locally we've got rain that's already arrived in parts of the Houston area, but an arctic front this weekend is going to put us on a weather watch from Monday to next Wednesday for the possibility of a hard freeze and ice or snow. Bring you plants in, old people, in pets, and basically all that'd be safe out there? Could nutrition labels on food packages be moving. The FDA is proposing that nutrition INFHOBI placed on the front of food packages instead of the back. It wouldn't be the entire whole nutrition box that we see now. It would just be the information on saturated fat, sugar, and added sugars. The idea behind or sugar or sodium and added sugars, excuse me. The idea behind it is that it would help consumers make quicker and more accurate assessments of products, possibly without even having to pick them up. If the proposal does get approved, food companies won't be expected to comply with that until at least three or four years after the policy has been adopted, So it may be easier to see your food lifts. Okay, I've never really had a problem just picking it up and looking at it, but I guess it makes a quicker decision.
Speaker 1: I get it. They want it more in your face. People are maybe becoming more conscious of what's in the in the products. I don't know. I'm okay with him.
Speaker 3: In movie news, Robert de Niro is going to be in another mob movie. He's gonna be playing not one, but two mob bosses in his upcoming movie, The Alto Knights. He'll be playing real life gangsters Vito Genevise and Frank Costello, with who start out his allies, but they end up in a battle for control of New York City. The movie was written by Nicholas Peleggi, who also wrote Goodfellas and Casino. The Altnight's premieres in theaters on March twenty first. I saw a preview of it yesterday, and it looks kind of like did you ever see The Irishman? Yes, it kind of looks like they did that like anti aging stuff on all the anti aging terrible, but like they've improved it.
Speaker 1: The Irishman did not look aesthetically good to me. I thought it was a good movie. I just I didn't like the d aging of them. Yeah it Joe presh you off.
Speaker 3: In certain scenes where you're like, oh, that's not what you really look like. But I mean, I'll definitely check this out. I think when it comes out March twenty first is when it premiered. Science has determined whether or not the Beatles or Rolling Stones were more influential to music. According to a study, the Beatles won that contest.
Speaker 1: Everyone universally says that the Beatles started everything when it comes to rock bands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, basically what happened with this study was it was an indie rocker named Chris Dalla Reva. He decided to investigate by using Wikipedia's list of mainstream rock performers. He chose like the top three hundred and then you can go look at who their influences were, and he tallied up like how many times it was the Beatles, how many times it was it was the Rolling Stones, And the Rolling Stones actually weren't even second of the most influential bands. It was Led Zeppelin, who who snuck in there and snagged that second spot. So it was Beatles, Zeppelin, then Rolling Stone, which is pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: So those are Houston's headlines. Yeah, alright, yeah, it's a pretty cool list. The music blog page is really really good today, dig deep on some of those stories. There's some good ones in there. All right, you're you're leading with Rockets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, got Well, they're back in action tonight, writing a four game win streak. They're gonna play the Nuggets up in Denver right now. They're one and a half point favorites in that game. Tip off is at eight o'clock and you can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. All right, let's go. Let's go, guys. Who's up a little rainy out there? Those are you working outdoors?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Just be safe out there. But once to get us started with the first phone call, my man Chili is standing by seven one three, two, two five, the most interactive show on the radio. It's this one ninety four or five to the bus. Good morning, rod Ryan Shook. Let's go. We are off and running on a wild card Wednesday. Here. We're hoping to make you have a great start to your day. I mean, that's my goal each and every morning when we come in halfway point of the month, people, I do want to try to carve out some time today and I would love to share some success stories who is still doing, you know, something that they set out to do this year. Of course, I'm talking about New Year's resolutions. If it's something that's good for yourself and you have some good news to share, it's not good for you. And I won't even let Alex. I know he's gonna try to do it. I know you're going to try to pull that drop out. Oh good for you. Ah, you kind of not in genuine You're not gonna get that here. You're not gonna get that here. You're gonna get encouragement. And I hope that somebody hears you being successful at doing what you're doing, and I want to kind of share that information. I did my one hundred push ups yesterday. Okay, not bragging, I'm just saying I'm sticking with it. But I shared with you that this weekend I did not do one hundred on Saturday or Sunday. I didn't I think fifty and seventy five. I fell short days. But I'm not quitting. I'm gonna keep going. And I did my hundred Monday, and I did one hundred yesterday, and I'm going to do one hundred today and I'm going to do it during the week, so I'm gonna I'm gonna stay with it. I haven't been perfect this month, okay, and that's okay. But we had a guy on yesterday who was talking about the no smoking thing and he just kind of snuck that in at the end of his call, and I was like, man, thanks for the reminder. So I do want to carve out some time today. I don't know when we'll do it. We're gonna be busy in homeroom as all we Sean Connery's going for win number three. Congratulations on being the first non one pump trump on the year. He's a three time Hall of Famer. He was in the tournament last year, got blown out early in the tournament last year. I know he doesn't like hearing that he's going for wind number three. This morning, Coheden Cambria announced a tour taking back Sunday is going to be opening up. We're in that number here because they're coming to Town seven one three Music Hall. All this information is on the music blog page. We'll also have some fun facts for you fun fact flashback. I shared a fun fact this morning on our Instagram. I am going to direct you over to our Instagram a couple of times today, not only for the fun fact, which I thought was really really good. I have used that before on the air, but yesterday we had the Texas Hammers. Both Jim and Bill Adler were in at the station yesterday and I posted I did really I never do this. I posted like a behind the scenes of us, like in the production room. Alex was producing. We were doing some commercials and stuff, and I people seem to like the behind the scenes stuff. Yeah, And it was just kind of a it was a moment for me because I'm on an actual commercial. You hear me talking about the Texas Hammer all the time. And then we played the Texas Hammer game. You guys all seen the TV commercials. It's the first time I've ever been on a commercial with the Texas Hammer. Yeah, and it was like you were cutting wrestling in from yeah. Yeah, Yeah, We're going back and forth. It's really really awesome. So that's on our Instagram. At rod Ryan Show, we got rain today. We're gonna be talking about that quite a bit this morning. Chance of showers this morning. We're gonna be dealing with that highs today of around fifty four, and I see a lot of phone lines ringing here, it's not.
Speaker 2: Time for the first phone call.
Speaker 4: Of the day.
Speaker 1: Jessica. Good morning, Hey, Jessica, good morning to you. How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm great?
Speaker 1: What you're doing this morning?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great? Thank you? Thank you. I am the cold. I'm such a woos on this cold weather. I really am. I'm such a whim Oh you're from the north. I'm not tough. I'm not tough.
Speaker 6: And then when the window is okay, I don't like the.
Speaker 1: Water when you mix in the dampness of the rain. Oh my god. Alex was doing a story. How like dudes complain when they're sick, they like over complain about it. I'm the guy with the cold and the wetness and damp feel it in my bones. I hate it. Hi, Jessica, what would you like to get it started with today?
Speaker 5: I'm just giving a shout out to my kids for doing so well in school and getting a's and bees.
Speaker 1: Did you get a's and b's when you were in school? Is that where they get it from?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I did get as and bees.
Speaker 1: Yeah I didn't.
Speaker 5: I have a straggler ce maybe there, But I mean I worked hard and I by the end of the year, I would get it up to a bee.
Speaker 1: I lived in that straggler seaville, you know, straggler Hey seas, get your grees. Yeah, pay your fees, get your seas. Maybe some ds I still passed.
Speaker 5: That was the important part.
Speaker 1: How old are your kids?
Speaker 5: I have five. I have an eight year old, a six year old, four year olds, two year olds, and then almost nine months old.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, all right, give me the name. Give me the name, starting from oldest to the newest.
Speaker 5: Okay, so my first one we called call him j D.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 5: My first daughter is Haven, and then Leah exactly like Star worst. And then I have Angel and Penelope.
Speaker 1: I'll say this and I really mean this. You did an awesome job naming those kids. Those are awesome names. That's a great lineup, Thank you. That's an all star lineup of kid names for sure. All Right, well listen, it's a great shout out to the kiddos. Thank you for getting the start at today. Jessica, have an awesome day.
Speaker 5: Thank you for getting my great My day started great as well. Y'all have an awesome day.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Jessica Houston for our Houston's alternative.
Speaker 2: And tell them at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five the buzz.
Speaker 1: Yeah you're right, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Here we go. Wildcard Wednesday. Forty chance of showers. This is us in the morning now cloudy highs of around fifty four today. Let's find out what's trending. I mentioned it's Wildcard Wednesday. I saw that's our number one link. Welcome to your new number one Alex.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I haven't gotten a chance to take a look, but that.
Speaker 1: Is Oh really because I have, and I'm the one that gets yelled at all the time by your twin. Well, I'll go make a I'll go take a gander. Say hello to your number one of twenty twenty five on your top tech No. Number one. Yeah, she's that's it's really good.
Speaker 3: Well, wild Card Wednesday is trending. Isabel or Tega submitted by our good listener Jay and from what Rod is saying, good stuff, good stuff today. Go check her out. Yeah, give our girl a look. Also, training is the LA fires. That's just all that the news teams be talking.
Speaker 1: About these days.
Speaker 3: We do have one hundred over one hundred and thirty five use scenario firefighters that out there helping they've been deployed to help fight those blazes. The wins are gonna make it tougher today, but it's cool that we've got some Eustonians out there helping out.
Speaker 1: There's one gofund me that's got a bunch of big names celebrities behind it. It's over one hundred million dollars. Wow, right now, Yeah, that's insane. Yeah, I think Arnold Swarzenegger and a couple of big, big names. I mean, you can go fund me one hundred over one hundred million dollars on one go wild. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then also trending is Rashida Jones. But it's not the actress Quincy Jones's daughter. Okay, there's another one from the office in Parks and Reck. It is the president of NBC, Rashida Jones. She's stepping down after four years.
Speaker 1: Rod. Today was the day that I.
Speaker 3: Learned that there was another Rashitita Jones. Yeah, I did not know that, but that's what's trending. And I over by the bus.
Speaker 1: We're going through that day together. By it today years old. I mean I assumed that every name there's another one, especially with Joneses, that's probably a lot. But there's famous. There's a couple of famous. Rashida Jones to the list. All right, here we.
Speaker 8: Go, Good morning, three time Hall of Famer double O seven Sean Connor. I told you I was gonna break that one pump chump cycle. I am here first fresh out of bed head to Head two day champion of twenty twenty five. Join me on wild card Wednesday when I make it win number three witches, Oh, is that what you're gonna do?
Speaker 1: Is that what you're gonna do? Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. If you want to play the.
Speaker 4: Rud Ryan Show ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five buzz Rise of the Roach tour lands to the Toyota Center March twentieth, Poppa Roach and Rise against We'll have tickets for you at around a twenty. That's, of course, killed the noise. Rain expected today, come on, rain and cold awful brooks. It's an awful combination. We call it skanky Yeah around here, skanky weather today, forty percent chance of showers, cloudy high at fifty four. Let's play a game, and now each time for the Fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge. Listeners to your corners. Jesus Christ I gotta change the music for this guy. Good one may double O seven.
Speaker 8: Hey good, more than everybody I've ever read to do it?
Speaker 1: Pretty great, Pretty great. You're not working out doors today, are you? I might have to a little bit, but not much. Yeah, what do you do? I don't even know what you do?
Speaker 8: I mean just I'm actually a manager for local internet company.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, it's cool. What did you think he was like fighting secret agent secret agent stuff? Yeah? I thought so too. That's why I never asked him what he did. He's double Oh Steven Sean Connery for crying out loud. We all know what he does. He haangs chicks and drinks martini shaking, not starred. You're taking on Tom today? Hello Tom morning, Good morning Tom. What do you do.
Speaker 9: Working sales and a warehouse?
Speaker 1: Okay? Okay? Martinis shaking that start sometimes? Okay, Tom? What was the last time? I don't know? Who are you? You haven't played in a while.
Speaker 8: Played a few times.
Speaker 9: It's been a year, year and a half.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, Tom, what do you what do you been doing? You just come in here anytime you want, just walk, drop us for a gear. Oh it's Chili's fault. Okay, writes off anything. Oh it's Chilie. No wonder you haven't played in a while. We got chilli answering. All right, Tom, welcome back to the game. Shawn's a three time Hall of Famer. You are, I'm assuming are a no time Hall of Famer. Yeah.
Speaker 9: I've been left at the door twice, but no Hall of Fame yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, let's get the job done, dude. Punch it through today. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. I have those Coheed and Cambria tickets taking back to Sunday. They're out on tour. They're coming here September eighth, seven and three Music Hall. Oh you got a new Shout out your name, John when you think you know the answer. Sean Connery a little louder than Tom. So, Tom, I need you to step out step into that phone a little all right, dude, Okay, there you go. That was louder like that. Tom's in the warehouse. Here we go. Question number one, This is pretty timely. What ocean is off the California coast? Tom, welcome back, But it's a correct answer.
Speaker 3: That was quick.
Speaker 1: That was really quick. He didn't smoke you on that, Sean. But it was clear, it was real clear that he beat you. Next question, Next question, Here we go. What is the video game where you play as a blue hedgehog? Se Sean? Yeah, yeah, Sonic. As soon as you heard blue hedge, he got he chimed in. He got it right. Yeah, he did time that right. Okay, you got one apiece. Tom, You were just behind him on that. Okay, so you're showing me, you're you're showing us all a little something here. Uh for the wind fellas. What is the name of the tallest animal on Earth? Tom? Tom?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: The game?
Speaker 1: Don did your debt? That's some that's a big upset. That's a really big upset. Tom. That's no slam on you. But Sean's really good. People were calling him that they thought he was gonna win the whole thing last year and now Tom comes back in after a year and a half and smokes him. Wow. Uh no one pump chump but lumpy dumpy too pumpy, Some have said, Sean, nobody said that. Nobody said that I just did. Nobody said all right, all right, Sean, we got to say goodbye to you, and uh, okay, this is interesting, Tom. You want to play tomorrow. You want to just hear or you just want to wait another year and a half. I okay, I'd like you to play tomorrow. I'm gonna put you. I'm gonna well, I gotta get a victory speech out of you, and then we're gonna put you with chile A. Make sure we got a good number to call you and Bro, you can you could play four more days if you like. All right?
Speaker 9: Sounds good?
Speaker 1: Wow, interesting way to start the year.
Speaker 2: The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four, five, The Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Lincoln Park run Away, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Wild Car Wednesday, Alex, Welcome to your new number one on the year. I get a lookout. I know you're busy, buddy, I know you're busy, but I just want your twin to know that I have taken the time to appreciate the work that he does with links and guests. I always appreciate you. No, you don't. You haven't looked there yet, always, so, Chili accuses me. Ever since he took it over, there's something weird that Chili thinks. Oh Rod doesn't care about it anymore because he's not curating it. Yeah, I mean they all come from you guys, the Instagram feature of the day. But he thinks that I have not talked about it as much since he is the one that does all the work putting it up. Chili, I appreciate you and all the work you're doing over there. Number one on the year. Hey, we got a new champion, the Fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 9: This is Tom.
Speaker 6: Just Tom.
Speaker 9: You probably don't remember me because the spanovers years such way. I just beat three times Hall of famers Double O seven, making me your fresh out of bed head to head one days. Join me on Thursday when I make it win number two bitches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, getting some fresh blood in here, Tom sounded great. It's impressive game. Impressive game against Double seven, who's a really really good player. He said, don't worry. I'll be back in thirty days. Okay, Well, you just heard Tom get through. That means you can get through. Let's go. Let's get some new people in here, okay, because I know I got all these guys that have been winning over the years. They're all Chillie tells me, they're all chiming in at number four and number six and number eight, and you know they're calling. They're calling. You can get through, just like Tom did. All right, I got some Gary Clark Junior tickets coming up for you. But first she's got fuck that to the day. We make you look smart in funny your buddy, it's the funk that to the day. Hey, hell, brother Rod, good morning, brother Hell. I thought I bring some fun facts for you guys to them. Please do it. This is scary, and I wonder if it'll change, just because Alex's favorite topic AI and all those sorts of things. I got a woman right now that I'm going to talk about later. Just I share this information because you got to check on the old people like I'm talking about my mom, who thinks she's talking to Superman Henry Kville on the internet. She does, she thinks she's talking to him. Just don't give any money. There's some chick that got scammed out from Brad Pitt. A Brad Pitt that story. Oh it's awful. There is no federal law banning the creation of fake images of people. Okay, so you think that as well. I think so there will be. They're going to have to change this. It's going to get bad, the deep fakes and everything else that they're doing right now and AI generated images. There's going to have to be some sort of a law moving forward on this or does it fall underneath I don't know, creation and free speech? I don't know. I don't know where they're going to draw the line on.
Speaker 6: This stalking or I mean, all kinds of things.
Speaker 1: This is good news. There's more public libraries in the US than McDonald's.
Speaker 5: That is.
Speaker 1: Whoa who chile know, Alex, you have a library card? No, my life does. Okay, I have a library card because I can take my kid. Hell I couldn't find it, but I do have one. Yeah, okay. We've got approximately sixteen five hundred public libraries and about fourteen thousand McDonald's. That's a lot of McDonald's. But there's just I'll sleep well knowing that there's more public libraries than McDonald's tonight. Dalmatians very famous for being firehouse dogs that started in the eighteen hundreds. The fire engines back then were pulled by horses, and Dalmatians got along with the horses. Betty better than any other breed. That's neat. It's still cool to see like a Dalmatian hanging out at a fire fire hall. Hal was there when I brought in the first baseball opening day for the Astros, the Clydesdale's. That's what I was thinking about it. I was riding on the Clydesdale the horse and buggy and there was a dalmatian up there with us. Hey, you tried to take it home? Yeah, it was awesome. It's the fuck back to the day. Come on, we make you look smart in front of your bodies. It's the fun back to the day. Okay. I have Gary Clark Junior year tickets for his show March first, seven one to three Music Hall.
Speaker 3: A.
Speaker 1: Hal was trying to wrap his head around this one yesterday. Who has a son who is younger than his great grandchild by two years. He still twisted that one around seven one, three, two, one, two, five, nine four fives. Now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash? All right there he is. How do you do on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 10: It was a mixed down Wall Street. The Dow was up two hundred and twenty one points. Kick off this morning at forty two thousand, five hundred and eighteen Nastak down forty three points to nineteen thousand and forty four bench mark ten year Treasury trades at a four point seven seven percent in oil stands at seventy seven dollars sixty four cents a barrel to.
Speaker 1: The most actives of the big studs Caterpillar.
Speaker 10: Three M and Sherwin Williams, the big duds Boeing, Merk and Knight heat on the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on the consumer Price Index for December. Right now features Hey, looking pretty good.
Speaker 1: They're on the upside. Hang on to this be a pause opening run here on Wall Street. That's it. I'm out of here.
Speaker 10: This is Howlin managed to director with Ramon Janks, Porter Fea The Rod Ryan Show from Ramy James on Saan Felipe and Augusta and don't forget to always rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 2: Opinions expressed are those of halland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates, zankme Ever, NYC, SIDC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is or educational and informational services on links. Doests are based on movement, as reported by Young Finance, ninety.
Speaker 1: Four to five The Buzz. Welcome back, rod Ryan Show, Well, well, well, who's on the phone, Tristan? Hey, Jose, how are you? I'm doing good, Phil Brud, what's up?
Speaker 5: Us up?
Speaker 1: Welcome in? This is the fun fact flashback yesterday. I told you that this dude we were talking about ball bags again talking about ball bags on this show. This guy's got a son who is younger than his great grandchild by two years. I mean, who is it? That's Batman mcdagger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is dude.
Speaker 1: Of course there was going to be some old rock star that was a layup almost. Jose, Congratulations, I'm gonna hook you up. You got Gary Clark Junior tickets March first, seventy one to three Music Hall, My man, thanks for being a part of Homeroom. Great Dike, Roddick, appreciate you. Jose hanging there. Hey, Alexa played ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety four point five The Bus station from iHeartRadio, The Ron Ryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Green Day, Welcome to Paradise, Rod Ryan Show, Wild Card Wednesday. That's our Instagram feature. It's a good one. It's a good one. But there's a lot of good stuff for you on linksin guests today, lots of interesting stories that looking at a girls blog page. Oh, I gotta get into that. I gotta talk about some of the things that are on there for sure. Later on. We got some rain expected today, forty percent, champs of showers, cloudy skies, highs of around fifty four. We're gonna play Hit the Post next hour. That's how you're gonna win your ghost tickets. They're gonna be playing the Toyota Center on August sixteenth. So you guys get to be the DJ. Right, you'll dazzle us with your DJ skills. You'll get the fun DJ name. I will have to play the Blake song. He kind of like runs through everything. Good Morning, Alex. What are Houston's headlines? Please? Good morning Rode, Good morning home Room.
Speaker 3: More than six million people in the Los Angeles area remain under a critical fire threat as high winds are expected to last through the rest of today. The winds are making it much harder for firefighters to contain the fires, which have killed at least twenty five people. More than one hundred and thirty five firefighters from the Houston area have made it to California and have been deployed to help assist with those fires. TMZ did confirm that a wildfire relief concert is being put together for January thirtieth.
Speaker 1: Well, no act have been announced yet.
Speaker 3: TMC says that there has been an overwhelming response from dozens of musicians.
Speaker 1: So there's an event today on television. Yeah, there is President Joe. Oh, there you go.
Speaker 3: President Joe Biden is gonna give his farewell address tonight from the Oval Office. He's expected to highlight the key achievements from his administration over the last four years in this speech. His address is scheduled for seven o'clock tonight.
Speaker 1: Will you be watching? Uh nah, not this. I will not either nothing against Biden podcast whoever it was they were saying goodbye, that's kind of a nonsense thing. They're gonna kind of just talk about like how great they were for the last four years. You know, they want to get one final in there, like, hey, here you go, you're not watching Survivor or America's Got Talent whatever. They you know, they were gonna block all the programming out. That's true, and it's just it's just them passing, you know, patting themselves on the back. So now this isn't a must watch from Okay? Nah?
Speaker 3: Well people are People are not splurging on things as much as they used to.
Speaker 1: It looks like inflation might be to blame for that. I don't believe it. You don't believe it. No, you just talked about gen zers are spending money on people coming down to change their light bulbs. Yeah, but what are they not spending money? So grocery chain.
Speaker 3: Aldi looked at the four things people are spending more money on than they used to, and gas was number one, followed by meat, produce, and freezer foods, So pretty much groceries.
Speaker 1: I believe all of that.
Speaker 3: They also looked at how people were making up for the added costs of those products. Fifty one percent of people are dining out less, they say, forty eight percent of people are buying less new clothes, Fifty three percent of people are spending less on electronics, and forty three percent of people are buying less beauty products.
Speaker 1: Do you believe those numbers? Maybe all of the product stuff, it's basically half, But I don't. I don't think people are stopping going out to eat. They don't want to cook at home. Younger people are just eating out all the time. Be I don't I that number. I don't believe the other ones. Okay, you're buying less beauty products. I guess I.
Speaker 3: Do think since it was half, it's like, yeah, there's about half people. Half the people who I got to tighten the belt here, and then the other half, which is I'm good, I'm still going to do that stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I take from it at least, right I believe some of what you're saying, not all of it. That's with most things you say.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Jessica Simpson and her husband Eric Johnson announced that they are getting a divorce earlier this week.
Speaker 1: Well, now, Simpson's trying to sell her home.
Speaker 3: The only problem is she lives in la and has already had to evacuate that home with her kids because of the fires.
Speaker 1: So it's not exactly the best time to be on the market. What is she thinking selling a home right now in the Los Angeles area. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, not all of Los Angelis's memories you want to get rid of in this.
Speaker 1: I mean, if she's far enough rid of this house, she must be far enough away from the fires that well.
Speaker 3: I mean they had to evacuate still, but yeah, she could be far enough away and the house seems to still be intact.
Speaker 1: Is this the house she bought from Ozzie?
Speaker 3: That's exactly what it is. Yeah, it's a listed seventeen point nine million dollars. She bought it in twenty thirteen from the Osbournes.
Speaker 1: You know, hurt Ozzy. Because of that, her and Ozzie did a Christmas song together? Is that why? I think so? I remember them doing a Christmas song. I believe it came from them meeting buying the house. Now, they've got people that do all kinds of work for them, but somehow the buying of their house put them together. And I think, and you know what this came from Sharon. Sharon had the idea of, oh my gosh, we should get Jessica on a track with Ozzie. And it was a Christmas song. This wasn't the oz Was it the Osborne's house like the like from the show. I don't know, it might have been. I know exactly what that house. So sorry, I's gonna take a gander. Maybe you wanna buy it. So she's selling it for seventeen mil. It's listed at seventeen point nine million. Yeah I don't want to buy it. No, I don't. Yeah, you don't need a house in La. Let's see seventeen million for that reason. I'm out, okay, all right? Yeah, you know what. I am too. I am too.
Speaker 3: And some music news rockers are coming together to help La. We told you yesterday about Metallica's All Within My Hands Foundation.
Speaker 1: They've donated five hundred thousand dollars to wildfire leaf efforts.
Speaker 3: Now the ninth annual Metal Hall of Fame Gala is doing its part two. They announce that they're gonna be raising money for the families that have been displaced by the fires. They're going to do it during their gala next Wednesday at the Grand Theater.
Speaker 1: And I just wonder moving forward, the Grammys are still coming up, the Oscars are still coming up. There has to be a charitable component right. The Grammys said to everybody's doing that too. Yeah, but all these big things moving forward will all have some sort of a as a matter of fact, the rest of the year. Yeah, more than just hey the number, I mean even if it's a number on your screen, the whole time that the oscars are running or the Academy Awards are running, it will be that, right, Like the NFL is doing that on the Monday night game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were, So I think everybody will start doing something that, Hey, if you can, you can donate here, here's the Red Cross, here's this foundation, here's this foundation, here's this founders.
Speaker 1: Is it weird that I was watching it, obviously football with everybody this weekend? It was Redcross dot com Slash NFL. They want credit. Oh yeah for the money though the bringing in it's just not a Red Cross. It's a specific and it would be okay if they said for every dollar donated, the NFL is also going to chip in. They didn't mention that. I'm okay with that if you're doing Slash NFL, Slash Oscars, if they're also chipping in or a match, but it seems if you're not, just give the Red Cross URL they just want to say who raised the most money. Maybe right, if you're going to do a slash your organization, you better be involved somehow. And I'm not saying NFL won't. They will definitely has the money to do it, but you should have Jim Nantz should have said and for every dollar brought in, if you use slash NFL, we're also going to kick in this amhile.
Speaker 3: Well, the NFL also kind of got in some trouble where they found out like the military was paying them, they were taking money from the military to do the Military Appreciation Month, and like they were getting that they were profiting off of the Breast Cancer Awareness Month and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: It's a business.
Speaker 3: They happy about that, So maybe we do need to do some digging into all of that. If about the NFL, that's what that's Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Rockets last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or know they're playing tonight Second Action. They're up in Denver to take on the Nuggets. Riding a four game winning streak right now, they're one and a half point favorites in their game.
Speaker 1: Tonight.
Speaker 3: Tip off will be at eight o'clock and you can listen to the game on our Sister station Sports Talk seven ninety That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, we're gonna play hit the Post next hour.
Speaker 4: Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The rod.
Speaker 2: Ra Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Four or five The Bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Breaking Benjamin So Cold, Welcome to the seventh Spot. It's an appropriate song, cold mixed in with some pesky rain today. It's kind of what we're gonna be dealing with and moving forward. I know Alex in Houston's headlines is talking about some more rain wintering mix and some Siberian I don't understand any of this. Some Siberian win their Siberian cold Front. What Siberia, Yeah, just stay away from us, Siberia. What are you doing? Yeah, Oh, not so much today because it's not cold enough to freeze the stuff. But that could be our future, and that's gonna be talked about as we get a little bit closer towards the weekend. Long weekend for some of you will be here on Monday morning. Martin Luther King Junior Day, by the way, for you history nuts, today is Martin Luther King Junior's birthday. But it's cool celebrate it, make it a long weekend, so celebrated on Monday. I don't know what they're gonna do with these parades. And then even back up to the weekend, the Shell Houston Marathon is this weekend. I know that the you know, I know marathon or I know that when you're out there running, you want it a little cool out there. But man, it might be like too cold. Oh yeah, it's still people are nuts. Marathoners are crazy. I know you're gonna be out there doing it anyway, that's sticker for your car. But it's gonna be cold this weekend. So we'll be talking about weather quite a bit this week. Today cloudy forty percent chance of showers while we're spending our morning together, and then highs of around fifty four. The one thing that I wanted to mention because we got it up a little late. I didn't realize until almost after the show that we didn't put up the link to sign up to come down to play read my Lips with us. Yeah, we're going to do it again, and you can thank Lindsay for being so awesome last week. If Lindsay had sucked, she didn't win Read my Lips but she came down. She was cool. If she had made it weird weird, yeah, I wouldn't done. I wouldn't do it. I'm like, okay, that's it. Lindsay came in. Okay, it doesn't work with with the nut job in here playing Read my Lips might have been dead. Lindsay was not a nut job, right, She did a great job. So we said okay, because Lindsay ran the pilot program, so well, we're going to open it up. Another one of you is going to be randomly selected. But you have to because I got a lot of people emailing me asking me if they can come down to play Read my Lips. Chili has a link up on Links and Guests. It's not like a form even we're not even vetting you, okay, We're just we want to make sure that you can follow the minimal directions by going to links and Guests, attaching the photograph, and filling out what the man has asked you to fill out today by ten o'clock before we amf and leave you, we're going to announce who's coming into play tomorrow. So you gotta make the arrangements with your boss. If you you know, if you have to like miss a little bit of work in the morning or something. But you know that we play read my lips at eight twenty. We're just going a little late. Yeah, but Chili needs you here, you know, seven thirty. If you're gonna play at a twenty, that's how it works. You gotta get here early. We gotta make sure that you're rules prepped and ready to go. So that's on LinkedIn Guest Today, Wild Card Wednesday, all that fun stuff. Okay, food blog page, crazy criminal blog page, all that stuff is there. Jessica Simpson trying to sell our house. I think that is the Osborne's house from the show. I think it is. She bought that how and then she's now trying to sell it. But it's in la. She started at twenty two million. Now she's down to seventeen million. She still is making a profit. She probably paid twelve or thirteen for it years ago. Okay, so she's still selling it's you know, the property value has gone up even with the fires. It's worth more. But she started at twenty million dollars when she first put that sucker on sale. It's just an odd time. I mean, Jessica Simpsons is getting divorced, so I understand what's happening here. You probably can't do anly like showings of the house right now. I would imagine, yeah, she's evacuated from the house that she's selling.
Speaker 3: Realators are probably just like, hey, why don't we wait a while on that one?
Speaker 1: I think it is the Osborne house from the show. That's pretty cool. God, if you're an Aussie fan, you had that kind of money buying the Osborne's house, that's the sickest. Jessica wasn't an Osborne's fanily was she? No, it's a beautiful home. It's a beautiful home, prime location. She did not buy it. I appreciate it, like if you had a lot of other people. But if you're asking if Jessica Simpson bought it because she's such an Osborne's fan that you know, it could have swayed it. Maybe she liked the show. She was a reality star too.
Speaker 3: If I was looking at two houses that I could afford and like you were like, well, Eli Manning owned this one, I'm gonna go that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one, Yeah, I don't know that she swayed. I think it really comes down to if you really like that house, that's true.
Speaker 3: I guess at LA you probably buy like people will just buy celebrities of old houses all the time.
Speaker 1: Those big homes that have been around a long time. I imagine at some point either somebody famous owned it or spent some time there.
Speaker 3: Shoheo Tani bought his house, the Dodgers guy that just won the World Series and his kind of cheats but whatever.
Speaker 1: He bought his house in La from Adam Carolla. Adam Carolla's got that kind of money. He was like one of the OG's a podcast, that's right, but it's podcast.
Speaker 3: They weren't in early made a bunch of money.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, yeah, yeah. Imagined you could look at every house and you go back in the history, and I'm sure there's great stories about all of them. Are we going to allow the great listeners of The Rod Ryan Show to be the disc jockeys this morning? I think we should? Okay, we should. I asked at the end of the show yesterday, what game you guys want to play? And and a lot of people came in the day before too when I asked, it's always one of the more most requested games we play. We're gonna play hit the Post coming up for ghost tickets. You're gonna get to be the DJ. I'll explain everything, we'll talk about it. It's all coming up after the Break.
Speaker 7: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody. Alex is getting everything in. He's getting all set up for our hit the post game that we're gonna be playing. We're gonna make you work a little bit to win those ghost tickets this morning, but I love a little fun doing it. See who can hit the post? Maybe find our next co host? Oh yeah, forty chance of showers, cloudy skies today, pies up around fifty four. All right, what do you see that's trending over there? Well, TikTok is trending.
Speaker 3: People are losing their minds that they're not gonna be able to We're possibly not gonna be able to get ready with me videos.
Speaker 1: You think it's going away? No, I don't either. No, I don't.
Speaker 3: I think they might go away temporarily, but I think it won't permanently be gone.
Speaker 1: I don't even think that. I think something will happen and they'll have a dollar.
Speaker 3: But people are losing their minds and downloading more Chinese spyware to try and combat not being able to have Chinese spyware.
Speaker 1: The toothpaste is out of the tube, can't go back in. I don't see it going away. I don't have any inside information. I just will be shocked. Yeah, if it goes away, I do enjoy that.
Speaker 3: Like there's people that are like they decided that, Like, my time to protest is not when anything else happens. It is when people are threatening to take away my TikTok. And there's people that are going with signs to Congress and stuff like that. It's like, that's you made a decision. If you're a casual user, that's weird.
Speaker 1: If you make your living on TikTok, I understand it.
Speaker 3: Get reels, I don't know. Like YouTube, there's a billion other options. I feel it, But Alex just solved your problems. Capital One is also trending. They are being sued for allegedly holding back more than two billion dollars.
Speaker 1: In interest payments to customers. They say it's not true, but there's some proof that it is. Yeah, that'll be interesting.
Speaker 3: It's a little funny, but it's a bank, so I bet they get But nothing happens.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure a lot of people are Capital One customers ye listening, that are listening right now. Pete Hegsith. I learned about him today. I watched a little of this yesterday. It's funny. You asked if I was going to watch President Biden saying goodbye tonight. I said no, But this guy getting grilled.
Speaker 3: He's Trump's defense secretary choice, and so he's doing his confirmation hearings. And I guess that's where they just like roast you for whatever you've done in the past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when it's a Democrats turn, they're like, hey, you two on your wife, you agree to that? Yes, did you do that? What were you drunk in the back of a limo? Ever, it's like every one of you was drunk in the back of a limo. How many beers did you have? So the Democrats will try to tear them apart. The Republicans will call him a war hero or whatever. And why would anybody want that job? I don't know you. I mean you know that going in, every thing that you've ever done in your life is going to come up and the world's going to hear about it. Why do you want that job? So I can be corrupted. That's what I would want, That's what i'd run. That's what's training on night befy the buzz. All right, we got an intro for this game. Yeah, oh y'all who yell fad Then y'all make Drowning in Fame. All right, Chilie said, we can do. Four of you. Four of you are going to show off your hit the Post DJ skills. We'll get you the cool DJ name. I struggle on those retown the song. Uh, you're going to be okay. It's going to be to Lincoln Park's Lost and the intro. It's good. Twenty one seconds is a sweet spot talking you get to do. There's just enough time to get some information out there. Uh you can't go telling your life story. You can't go given the seven day forecast. But twenty one seconds is a lot of time to talk in front of a song. So if you're calling, you want to know, like what song Lincoln Park Lost is what we're gonna use today. If you want to play hit the Post and you think that you could be the DJ and just make us, like just show everybody how easy it is what we do. You know what I mean, that's what this game like it's hard, gives you the opportunity and then the best one is gonna win ghost tickets. We will be voting on We'll be judging you. We're judging. We're always judging you. Just so you know, all right, seven one three if you five nine five is what you're calling Chili lineup four fantastic DJs for us. This is White Stripes, seven Nation Army ninety four to five, the Buzz ninety four or Cott and the Buzz, White Stripes and seven Nation Army. Kind of stepped on those lyrics a little bit when I was front selling that song a little bit, show them and what not to do. I did not hit the post on that. Come on, I'm gonna lose my dig. We're gonna hear these guys. You're gonna hear all these people come on today and they're gonna say, well, clearly you can't do it, Rod, So let me show you how it's done. That's what I want. That's what I want. Hey, listen, I hope you're off to a great start to your day, everybody. I've got seven twenty eight right now. We do have some rain on the way. I got a forty two a sixty percent chance. Now while we're spending time together until ten o'clock, so there could be a period you're gonna see some rain if you're out there on your morning commute, be careful, police. So you got those chances of showers. You got cloudy skies today high of around fifty four. Probably. Well, we got the intro. We've got all the elements that we need for this great game that we call hit the post. Let's go oh pus swinhn. Y'all canna cook, j yell, fada stop stay shot. Then y'all be drowning in fame. I don't know how famous you're gonna be at this, but you know what, I don't know who knows. I mean, you don't know who's listening about there. This might be your discovery. We are looking for a co host here on the Rod Ryan Show. So do we have some instructions? Sounds like an idiot. That's good trying to sounds like a duke.
Speaker 3: Okay, act to con You'll be just fine.
Speaker 1: Bs your way through the storm. Thank you, Jule Blake. All right, you ready to meet some people? I sure am, buddy, Lincoln Park Lost. It's a good intro. Time. Twenty one seconds is an awesome intro time. We got read up here, Good morning read good Lord Reid, who's in the background?
Speaker 2: Those are.
Speaker 1: Okay? You already got your co host with you over there. That's that's good. That's good. Hey Reid, you want to play hit the post? Absolutely all right. We're gonna go with Dizzy Reid. Dizzy Reid, Dizzy read all right, Dizzy read uh Lincoln Park. The song is lost. The radio station is ninety four to five the buzz Man. We're looking at around twenty one seconds of intro time. Are you ready Dizzy read? Yes, sir? How old are those kids? Yeah? That's awesome. All right, he's going first too. Now Chili is Chili listening? I need you to judge Chili.
Speaker 6: I'm writing.
Speaker 1: You can hear everybody.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna be super hard today.
Speaker 1: Straight okay, Yeah, Chili's a tough judge. Okay, Disney read. Here we go. Time for you to hit the post in three two one. You're on.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 4: This is Disney Read.
Speaker 11: Today is gonna be Chili with the about sixty percent days the rain like here you go, check out ry Ryan.
Speaker 5: Soot buzz dot com uh.
Speaker 11: For all the latest updates right now is like a bark laws ninety four five buzz.
Speaker 1: That was really good, Okay, man who thought he was getting lost in there? Dad? I did you when he started like the weather and I'm like, oh god, he's going in a direction that he shouldn't be going in right now. And he brought it around in time. Had a lot done in that twenty one seconds. Hey, Disney read good joby all right, hang on the phone for me. The twins in the background too. That had to be difficult. Oh, I get it. You you two twins. You like the twins.
Speaker 6: Yayyyyy.
Speaker 1: You do twins every day. You know how it is. It's not easy. It's not easy at all. Let's say, Hi, that's a strong first Yeah, that's gonna be half. That's that's a really strong first competitor.
Speaker 6: That's a Marconi Award winning right there.
Speaker 1: Dangerous Daniel, Good morning. I like that. Good morning, danger Danny. You want to play hit the post?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, where are you from?
Speaker 4: Conrad?
Speaker 1: Did you hear Dizzy Reid? I did?
Speaker 9: I did?
Speaker 1: It was really good. We got Lincoln Park, we got lost. We're on ninety four or five buzz it's your time, dude, show the world what you're about. In twenty one seconds, you ready, dangerous Daniel, I'm ready coming down. In three two one, You're on.
Speaker 11: Gooden Morning, and this is Dangerous Dizzy d on ninety four or five The Buzz, The Rod Ryan Show going twenty years strong. I want to give a shout out to my daughters Eleanor and Audrey.
Speaker 5: We've got some.
Speaker 11: Cold weathers this week, even cold weather next week. In fact, tell your kids look out for a little bit of snow. Right now, we've got Lincoln Park lost.
Speaker 1: WHOA. You don't always have to end with the station. He already said that he was on ninety four five The Buzz. So if you're wondering about dinging him for running out of time, I don't know if he called an audible right there, but he realized he was running out of time again twenty one seconds. There's a lot of info getting out there, and he caught Dizzy Reid's name too. He's like, I'm taking that. I'm taking the name you gave me and the one you gave reed. I have two names, Daniel. That was a good job today.
Speaker 9: Appreciate that, guys.
Speaker 1: That was awesome, and he got to shout out to the kids. You'll love that. Guys. This is really hard. Okay, I'm judging as well. I'm judging as well. Francisco. The hell rhymes with Francisco, Cisco, Fisco, Francisco Treat, the Francisco Treat. Good morning, Good morning, sir. How are you Francisco treat? I'm doing wonderful. You want to play hit the post?
Speaker 4: Heck?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, the first two guys that were awesome. What are you gonna do? What are you gonna do? Probably gonna stink it up weather kids, alright with that attitude. All right, it's the Francisco Treat. Hit the Post. It's the best I got. Uh you got twenty one seconds. The radio station is ninety four to five to the Buzz. The band is Lincoln Park. The song is lost. You got everything you need Francisco, I hope so I think do ladies and gentlemen the Francisco Treat in three two one you're on. Good morning everybody. This is not fun. The Buzz the greatest station in the nation. Yeah, you're about to listen to.
Speaker 6: U a great band, Lincoln Park and uh.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I just messed up my bed. Keep going, keep going, keep going. Yeah, budd it have a good one. Okay, safe to say my favorite outing of the day right now. I mean, I don't know it's gonna win, but it's funny.
Speaker 6: It's kind of punting, just like the San Francisco forty nine.
Speaker 1: Uh Francisco treat. I love it. Hang the bone, Hang on the bone. I don't know what these guys are, how they're judging this. Hang on for me, Okay, get a little something different from everybody. Okay, that was funny.
Speaker 6: Honestly, if I was on air by myself, that's how you would.
Speaker 1: Say, Okay, Uh, he hung in there, he hung in there. I feel all right. Francisco treats third and our fourth and final competitor. You gotta be kidding me, chilly ah.
Speaker 6: That's when it came up.
Speaker 1: Man, he needs no name. His name is Bill Parker.
Speaker 3: What ron Bill?
Speaker 1: You've wanted everybody? Good morning, Bill Parker?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 1: You've played? You played games with us on the air before. You've never done uh hit the post before? Have you?
Speaker 6: Oh? I've done hit the post? I beat it was of course Tessa was going against me.
Speaker 1: Shocker, Yeah, I won the bush.
Speaker 5: I won the bush tickets, I believe, and jammed out with them.
Speaker 12: Good time.
Speaker 9: Let's put a good time on the on the right Ryan.
Speaker 1: Show, Bill Parker. Everyone, you understand, I understand, I understand. You's a mind, right, what's your mind? My nickname is gonna be like my DJ name is gonna be dollar Bill. Okay, dollar Bill?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm telling don a Bill.
Speaker 1: All right, Bill Parker aka dollar Bill Lincoln Park the buzz lost twenty one seconds. Are you ready? I don't know if I would war ready, Baby, I'm ready for this.
Speaker 6: I'm nervous.
Speaker 1: All right, dollar Bill, Bill Parker in three two one, you're on.
Speaker 6: Good Morning Htown.
Speaker 1: That's your boy, dollar Bill on the Greatest Morning show. If you didn't already know, hey that Ryan.
Speaker 6: It's chilly outside.
Speaker 5: It's chilly inside.
Speaker 1: Hey chilly.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 1: I'm ross but now I'm found with a little bit.
Speaker 5: Of h town.
Speaker 1: Don't mess around.
Speaker 6: It's linking park Lost. There we go, five four.
Speaker 1: Dollar I don't know. I was a little rusty.
Speaker 6: I don't know why I still be.
Speaker 1: I'm nervous. I should be a natural.
Speaker 6: This is also my interview to take test as spot by Fyi.
Speaker 1: Rob Okay yeah, you didn't.
Speaker 3: Already know that.
Speaker 1: Every one of you is interviewing right now, all right? Having the vote for me? Oh my god, Bill Parker, I don't know why that guy makes me laugh so much. Wow, what a game? Okay, that was.
Speaker 6: I'm tired.
Speaker 1: This is not easy. No, it is not Holy cow, this is not easy. I don't know what we're gonna do with this. All right, let's Jillie yeah or Alex the twins? Does anybody have Francisco treat as their winner today? I do not know. Okay, we can.
Speaker 3: Get dy, but I respected him for calling and he kind of punted halfway through the thing.
Speaker 1: He was great. Francisco tree is very entertaining. Though Francisco treat is out? Okay, amf Francisco treat? Holy Kyle? Now from here, I don't know what the hell to do. We could have a three way tie here. I don't have enough tickets for everybody. Does anyone have? Wow, it's it is so close. Does anybody have Dangerous Daniel as the winner today? Alex? Do you have Dangerous Daniel as your winner? Chili? Do you have Dangerous Daniel as your winner?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't either.
Speaker 3: Nothing wrong with what he did. But he did awesome today he would have won. Did step on the lyrics a little bit, but.
Speaker 1: Any other round he pretty okay, Oh my goodness, but he did great. He did really good. And we're not try today that hcause if you suck, we'll tell you you suck. This might be the greatest crop. Okay, chili chili. Do you have Bill Parker as your winner or do you have Dizzy Reid who went first, as your winner?
Speaker 6: Man, you know I love Billy Parker, but he stepped.
Speaker 1: On the lyrics a little bit. Okay, okay, And d Z Reid.
Speaker 6: Went first and did not step on the lyrics and he didn't leave. He was right, he was just right. So I got DZ Reid as a winner.
Speaker 1: Okay, you got Dizney Reid. All right, I'm gonna go next. You know, I always am partial to the person that goes first. He's got kids in the back. All of that. He got high marks, he got crazy high marks. But the string of rhyming and the string and what dollar Bill Parker was able to string together in that time by a tenth of a point? Oh, I have Bill Parker as my winner today. I have Bill park by winner, We're split, ort're you're a decision maker on this. I don't envy you.
Speaker 3: Yeah again, Reid did go first. He had the twins in the back of the car. He absolutely knocked it out of the park right off the bat. Yep, we do give a little extra to people that go first. Bill Parker did an absolutely great job with all the rhymes. Yeah, it is called hit the Post, and he did step on the lyrics a little bit at the end. If it were a tie, like I thought it was, Reid gets the edge on that because he did not step on the lyrics.
Speaker 1: Read is my winner? Dies? He read with the kids in the back and everything, the distractions were not a distraction? Does he read you're the winner? Today left go ba in the face of adversity. Dude, you did awesome today. You really did a phenomenal job. We're gonna give you tickets to go see Ghost August sixteenth, Toyota Center, Toyota Center dot com to get your tickets. Everyone else, uh dies? He read what a game? A stellar performance on what we all agree is one of the best games in years for hit the Post. A great panel of people. So you've really beat some great wins today.
Speaker 4: Read awesome, awesome, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I love you guys, Thank you, Broyo, hands.
Speaker 4: Dat name.
Speaker 5: Yours on your marsh.
Speaker 1: Come out and cherish your new fame.
Speaker 4: The rod Ryan Morning Show, six.
Speaker 1: Am, The Buzz, ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Did you catch that little kicker at the end. I was able to get Dizzy Reid to do the do the front sell of that song. Listen to the kiddos that they chimed it at the very very end. Take a listen, disagree, not just crush Hit the Post. Thanks to my co host in the backseat. Shout out to the twins, say Dan Presley. Now let's get to that Lincoln Park. This is last on ninety five The Buzz Listen, perfect timing, way to go Twins. Good morning everybody. That was a really great round of Hit the Post. Thank you, Papa Roach Rise against the Rise of the Roach Tour. We're gonna give your tickets to Day twenty today. You got alternative income. Alternative income at nine ten a chance one one thousand dollars and Chili keeps telling me, keep reminding people sign up before we leave the show today at ten am We're going to announce who's going to join us in studio to play Read my lips and I guess you'll be taking on Chile tomorrow at eight twenty. You would like Would you like to be in the studio? You have to sign up on the world famous R. Bryan showpage at the buzz dot com. Forty chance of rain, cloudy high of fifty four. Alex has Houston's headlines, Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: More than six million people in the Los Angeles area remain under a critical fire threat as high winds are expected to last throughout the rest of today. The winds are making it much harder for the firefighters to contain those fires, which have killed at least twenty five people. More than one hundred and thirty five firefighters from the Houston area have made it to California and have been deployed to help assist with the fires. TMZ did confirm that a wildfire relief concert is being put together for January thirtieth. While no acts have been announced yet, TMZ says that there has been an overwhelming response from dozens of musicians. I would imagine that that concert's gonna be a pretty stacked line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've said that there's nobody too big. Yeah to do something like that. I mean you go all the way up to I mean, who's Bruce Springsteen, right, Bruce Spraystein. Bruce Springsteen is like the guy that you're gonna go. Okay, we're gonna get Bruce Springs, Bruce Sprastein uh in LA's Bruce Springsteak things. I Love La. Brandy Newman is he alive still? Yes, he did the toy Story song. Yeah, I knew that. I didn't know. He said he's got to go there short people to be your friend, that friend song from h Yeah, yeah, he would do it. I don't know if he'd be the headliner, but he could be on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I Love La would be a good way to close out and everybody on stage jamming and singing. Oh yeah, even though it's not just an LA thing, but maybe California dreaming. I don't know what they do. Mama's napapas they still around, No, and we don't need them around. Well, well, we don't need that guy around. He's word, don't.
Speaker 3: We've got rain that's already arrived in parts of the Houston area, but an arctic front this weekend from Siberia. As Rod said earlier, it'll put us on a weather watch from Monday to Wednesday next week with a possibility of a hard freeze and ice or snow. Fingers crossed that doesn't cause us a hard freeze or any sort of ice.
Speaker 1: But be safe out there, bring your plants in, your old people, and your pets. Be safe. Just be safe. That's all I got to say about that.
Speaker 3: Could nutrition labels on food packages be moving? The FDA is proposing that nutrition info be placed in the front of packaged foods. It would be the whole nutrition. It wouldn't be the whole nutrition box with all the info. It would just be the information on saturated fat, sodium, and added sugars. The idea behind all of this is that it would help consumers make quicker and more accurate assessments of products, possibly without even having to pick them up.
Speaker 1: It's been a couple of years. We don't have a vending machine here at the other but the other building we did. Yeah, And I feel like, towards the end, I haven't looked at a vending machine at a long time, but we used to see it all the time. I feel like towards the end there. Maybe even the last year the calories of the bag of doritos was listed on front so you could see it in the machine that you can't read a label on a bag of chips behind the glass. I feel like they moved it recently. Or if you're in the last couple of years, you're getting to read.
Speaker 3: As concerned about what's in the derritos, then you shouldn't be getting Dorito's in the first place.
Speaker 1: That's that, that's right, I think about that. But that's like the guy that goes through the drive through and gets the whopper and the fries and the die coke. Yeah, it cancels out because it's diet does account it feels it makes you feel better.
Speaker 3: The proposal, the idea behind or the proposal is gonna not go into effect really for three or four years, so companies wouldn't have to change all this if the policy does get approved. Entertainment news, Robert de Niro is gonna be in another mob movie. He's gonna be not playing not one, but two mob bosses in his upcoming movie, The Alto Knights, will be playing real life gangsters Vito Genovese and Frank Costello, who started out his allies, but ended up in a battle for control of New York City. The movie was written by Nicholas Peleggi, who also wrote Goodfellas in Casino. The Alto Knights premieres in theaters on March twenty first.
Speaker 1: I'll watch it if they use this song. Yeah, same. You cannot do a mob movie. This song is not in it. I don't care, you can't do it. I don't want to see Robert de Niro and I don't want to not hear this song. Just use all the music from good films, just reuse it all. Just can Martin Scorsese just score it? But can he just do the music for it? Why not? What's he doing? This is favor It's got to be his favorite songs.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the Stones, science has determined whether the Beatles or Rolling Stones were more influential to music. According to his study, it was the Beatles that were the more influential band. The study was basically this indie rocker guy named Chris dala Riva. He decided to investigate by using Wikipedia's list of mainstream rock performers.
Speaker 1: So you would go to like a band page and then you can look at the.
Speaker 3: List of influences, and he did that's like the top two hundred, three hundred bands, and just with tally like Beatles, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Rolling Stones or whoever else they listed. Rolling Stones were not second. They were third to the Beatles, behind led Zeppelin and led Zeppa Rock.
Speaker 1: So I kind of get that. It was by far and away the Beatles, the Beatles by fluent Phillian basically okay, but yeah, so rolling Stones were third, but it was Beatles, Zeppelin and Rolling Stones. Pretty interesting stuff. And those are Houston's headlines now.
Speaker 3: Alex with Sports Lake you Rod the Rockets will be back in action tonight.
Speaker 1: They're riding a four game winning streak right now.
Speaker 3: They're going to be up in Denver to take on the Nuggets as one and a half point favorites. Tip Off is at eight o'clock and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. That is what's going on in sports The.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The buzz Wave, It on the Bush, half White, part of the show, pick and every other thing that I'm supposed to say right now, ninety four to five the Bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show of course bush uh eighth five. Yeah, that is the halfway A little over the halfway point. I I got on. Well, I don't know, maybe a ton of you half signed up. Man's Chilly Chillie. We got a lot of people that want to come down and play read my lips tomorrow. Oh, they're playing you too. I don't I would want to come. I wouldn't want to play you. You're so good at the game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, even though it's kind of intimidating that they're playing against me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who wants to come down here and take an automatic l against you?
Speaker 6: I mean that's about May twenty five people have signed up. Okay, yeah, so guess go signed up, dude, Bill Parker.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Now other John oo? Really other John signed up?
Speaker 1: I'm not. He probably is like some professional read lipper. I did. I would reader.
Speaker 6: I think he's like a he's like a hustler. You know, he's like the wild card and he might beat me. So so I'm not. I'm not leaning more store. Oh hold on, I've got a handy cramp.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, call him in a handy cramp, all right, go take care of your hamstring. I gotta get you ready. Gotta get you ready for the game tomorrow. We're asking you to sign up to come down and join us in studio. Take on Hammy over here and read my lips as the name of the game. We said, was it Lindsay that was here last week? Did a fantastic job, did not win, But because she was so cool, she keeps the program alive, allowing listeners to come in and play. Okay, you commit, you act a full You ruin it for everybody, don't you? Dare you sign up? We pick you. You don't show. You ruin it for everybody. Okay, the no show thing just does it work around here? We're not getting backups in all of that. So Chiley has this for you on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Cloudy showers about a forty percent chance of showers, highs them around fifty four. I think this is a pretty interesting story. I get it sometimes, you know, if we're sitting here talking about the Beatles and the Rolling Stones on The rod Ryan Show on ninety four to five, the budget, like, you know, did Papa Roach not do anything yesterday? No, they didn't. They didn't do anything yesterday. Okay, shine Down didn't do anything yesterday. So sometimes some of these music stories are interesting. And the argument is who's more influential, The Beatles are the Rolling Stones. Well, you got to come up with a way to determine it, and I don't have a problem with this guy investigating using Wikipedia's list of the four hundred and seventy nine mainstream rock performers, the biggest performers out there, and who did they name as their influence? The Beatles won by a mile. He assumed going into the project that it was going to come down to the Beatles and the Stones. It wasn't. I mean, out of four hundred and seventy nine of the top bands, over two hundred, two hundred and ten mentions for the Beatles is saying the Beatles were the main influence. Zeppelin got one hundred and fifty one mentions, So it was Beatles by a mile. Zeppelin the second most influential band, Rolling Stones third fourth was really interesting to me, just under the Rolling Stones as being the third most influential band of all time. You two, yeah, who've been around since Who've been around since the eighties? You two has been around forever? Okay, not forever like the Rolling Stones, but forever eighties. More influential than David Bowie in at five, Dylan at six, Elton John at seven, Queen Jimmy Hendrix, and then I was shocked at number ten Red Hot Chili Peppers. Wow, it's not heavy band from California. I had the influenced by Guy. Yes, all the California bands were influenced by the Chili Peppers, a lot of them. He actually had the list go to fifteen. Bruce Springsteen, Green Day, Aerosmith, The Who, and Metallica. Those are your most influential bands of all time using this one method ology for determining it. It's pretty decent. It's pretty interesting list. You can read more about it. I mean, it goes into more depth than I care to bore you with on the radio right now. But those are the types of things that you'll find on the music blog page if you dig deep. I don't know if we weren't supposed to mention that Kohe Cambria show earlier this week, that I made it sound like they just announced yesterday. Yeah, taking back Sunday Sunday. It's their co headlining tour. We've been talking about it. For a couple of days here. I think we went early on it. The information is on the music blog page. I can tell you now without getting in trouble. September eighth, they're playing the seven one three Music Hall. The winner of the Fresh Out of Bad Heads to Head won those tickets this morning. We'll continue to give those tickets away all week, as well as giving away tickets to Pop a Roach and Rise against the Rise of the Roach tour. I've got tickets for you on the flip of this break, so we'll find out what's trending and we'll get a wreck check for you, and then we'll get to those tickets. So sit tight.
Speaker 7: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the rod Ryan Morning Show US.
Speaker 5: It sure is.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody. This is your rod Ryan Show Wild Card Wednesday edition. Hope you're off to a great start to your day. Clouds. Yeah, that's all day showers a good chunk of the day. There's a good chance to shurs forty percent chance while we're spending our time together this morning, high of around fifty four. Yes, somebody got ticket for you. But we're gonna talk about what's trending, and I know you'd already mentioned this, but he is still trending. Pete Hegseeth that guy. Yeah, he's up for the Secretary of Defense, so he's got to go and get grilled, right, yeah, by the senators. I guess I was watching a little bit of this yesterday and I got this clip. I forgot until right now because you had already mentioned it that he was trending. So the guy from Oklahoma, you know, they're they're this Pete Hegseth guy. They're grilling him like, you know, you were drunk in the back of a limo. Who wasn't. That's it's a himmo. He is that driving who wasn't you know? You know they pulled up. They just try to drag your name. And this goes from both sides. Because he's Trump appointed, then he got the Democrats that are trying to drag him now. So this Oklahoma senator, he's trending now. If you see Mark Wayne Mullen in the news, he suggested that members of Congress vote drunk. They vote drunk all the time. He said it yesterday while he was defending Haig Seth. He's like, yeah, Congress votes drunk all the time. I think they get to those meetings. I have that clip on links just that is his own blog page today because I couldn't believe he said it. So that guy is trending today.
Speaker 3: What do you got?
Speaker 1: Brad Pitt is trending. Yeah. I want to talk about this later.
Speaker 3: So there's a frenchwoman that fell for a scam and she donated or gave eight hundred and fifty thousand dollars or the US equivalent of that to who she thought was Brad Pitt, but was not Brad Pitt. It was basically like an AI bot that somebody had set up. My mom saw he had cancer or something like that, and she thought she was helping Brad Pitt, who I don't think would have asked for money.
Speaker 6: If he wouldn't have.
Speaker 1: But these people are so charming. They talk to my mom, Yeah, Red Pitt. My mom talks to celebrities. She thinks she's talking to celebrities and she's My mom's still with it. She's just lonely. And that's how they get you, Yes, how they get you. Oh, it's awful. My mom thinks she's talking to you know, I told you Henry Kville Superman. She thinks she's talking to these people.
Speaker 3: And then also our last trending is wild Card Wednesday Isabelle or Tega, submitted to us by listener Jay.
Speaker 1: People are looking at it, people are loving it. I took a look. I loved it. It's great number one on the year. I got to look at the rest of them. But yeah, it's gonna be top to his top for sure. But that's what's training. And I provided it halfway point of the most people. Hey, sorry, that's not a thing. Okay o, brah, it's not a thing what I did want to do. And we had a couple of people call in early and then I had a couple of emails, but I wanted to carve out some time. Is there one of you? Is there two of you? Maybe there's three, there's four of you. I can get to a couple of you on the phone. Are there a few of you that have set a goal this year a New Year's resolution and you're still sticking with it on January fifteenth? I think people need to hear it if you're or if you've struggled but you're still keeping out it. I shared with you guys that I didn't do my hundred push ups on Saturday or Sunday. I did some of them. I think I did fifty the one day, and I think I did seventy five. I think I was just twenty five short the one day. Still I didn't do what I said I was going to do. But Monday Tuesday, one hundred push ups I got back on it. So I would like to open up the phone lines and chili bring me a couple of people that if you're struggling with your New Year's resolution, maybe you're dominating your New Year's resolution. I just want to I want to check in with you as we are fifteen days into the month, and then maybe we can do this at the end of the month too. We'll just do a quick little check in to see how you're doing. I want to encourage you. I think just your words will encourage others. Don't give up. If you can't get to the phones and tell your story, I hope you hear something on the air that motivates you. All right, So how are you doing? If you had a New Year's resolution, I would like to hear how you're doing the good and the bad. Okay, if you couldn't pull it off, tell me why, what happened if you want to, you know, if you want to come clean with that stuff. But yeah, I'm looking for your new Year's resolution stories. Where are you at as we are now at the halfway point of the first month of this very very new year. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. Would love to hear your stories. Call Chile now seven one three two win two five nine four five. It's the buzz ninety four or five the buzz bad omens and just pretend Rod Ryan's show. Yeah, halfway point of the month, January fifteenth, twenty twenty five, flying by. Can you believe it? Sorry? Sorry, I can't help myself. Now, can you believe? It's the halfway point of the first month? Cloudy today, shower is expected up to a fifty percent chance of showers now highs of around fifty four. So my scorecard is not perfect on my one hundred push ups a day as I sit here on January fifteen. As a matter of fact, even knowing that I was gonna talk about this today, you think I would have knocked out a couple of sets already, not one, not one. I've been busy this morning. I do try to get at least fifty. I do them in twenty five sets of push ups, and I do four times one hundred push ups knock out twenty five and boems I can do that in the song. I can do that in the commercial break. Sometimes I don't know what I've been doing today. No one I was gonna talk about this. I would have loved to say that I'm halfway through my day. I'm not, so I still gotta do my one hundred push ups, but that's my goal. And I've never made it a full year doing this. Alex we did this eight nine years ago with Dinah. We made it like two three months. It was great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, wow, it was awesome.
Speaker 1: It's just like the Great American Smokeout. I don't tell people you gotta quit smoking. Can you quit smoking on that one day? You know? And then maybe it'll lead the two, maybe it'll leave the three.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: So I just thought I knew and I said I was gonna do this a carb out some time. Halfway point. If somebody is trying to adhere to something, and it's always you know, I want to promote something that's good for you. Alex is like, yeah, I'm upping all my bets. I'm not talking about that pumping your bets jackass and was going to cook. Oh yeah, okay, that's good. Adam, Good morning, Adam. What's up, bron How are you doing well? Did you have a New Year's resolution?
Speaker 12: I did?
Speaker 5: What is it I do?
Speaker 1: I do? Okay?
Speaker 8: What are you doing?
Speaker 12: I quit drinking?
Speaker 1: Is it a dry January thing or is it quitting forever? Or have you not made that decision yet?
Speaker 12: It basically is no more alcohol in my house. I don't want to drink. I'm not saying I'm never going to have a glass of wine with my wife ever again. But I just just decided for myself that I wanted.
Speaker 1: To drinking, and so far it's going great. When was the last drink.
Speaker 12: January one?
Speaker 1: You did have one on January one? Or New Year's Eve? When did you have your last drink?
Speaker 12: The very last drink was twelve o'clock at January one?
Speaker 1: Okay, and gotcha all right? So right as the clock hit midnight, boom, that was your last drink. And then you put it down. You said, that's it and I'm not doing this again. That's it cold turkey, Okay. What what's the hardest part Are you not going out? Are you not putting yourself in situations that normally that maybe you would have a drink in your hand? How are you doing this well?
Speaker 12: I never did that before. Okay, it was it was a coping mechanism for stress at work and things like that. And I ended up having a panic attack and had a two ten heart rate.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, not good. That's awful.
Speaker 12: Ended up in ended up in the emergency room, and just talking with the positions, we thought maybe it was a good idea if maybe I didn't drink, because it was probably contributing to it. And so they initially gave me a week's worth of librium for any kind of withdrawal symptoms that I might have because I've been drinking for a long time, even back in New Wounds.
Speaker 1: When I was listening to even Wow, okay.
Speaker 12: And and yeah, it's not having any cravings.
Speaker 1: One don't want it like the way I feel good for you, dude. One final question, I'm going to cut you loose. I'm so proud of you. Way to go. You said you're married, and it doesn't sound like she is quitting, So is there pressure on her to support you and not drink? As well, or is she allowed to have a few drinks? How does that work?
Speaker 12: She can drink all she wants, she doesn't drink, okay, all right, every now and then she'll have a margarita.
Speaker 1: But that's it. Please check in with us again, dude. I wish you the best. I love it, but I will I love it too.
Speaker 10: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Way to go. Hey, Brie, good morning, good morning. Half way point of January. What are you doing?
Speaker 4: I decided to start working out every single day.
Speaker 1: That's big. That's a lot. Seven days a week, really, every day.
Speaker 3: Seven days a week.
Speaker 2: Yes, because two years ago it was the last time I worked out, and every time that I took a day off or a break, I'd quit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And so I said, okay, I just need to do it every single day, and so far it's been working fifteen You've had fourteen workouts every day. Yes, When are you doing it? Are you are?
Speaker 5: And today?
Speaker 1: I do it right when I wake up pretty much. Yeah, this was going to ask you knocking that out first thing in the morning. Now are you going out? Are you having a good time on Friday and Saturday and Sunday on the weekends and you're still waking up early and working out.
Speaker 9: We don't really go out a lot because I'm about to have a two year old.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 5: Now, Other than that, I just get up early and it actually keeps.
Speaker 4: Me motivated in a way all day rather than being so tired like I was.
Speaker 1: Support Now, you know you're gonna have to take a little time off when you have that kid. How what you got to do? Date?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I'm saying she's gonna be two.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's gonna be two. Okay, all right, I got.
Speaker 6: You her around the house.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, Bret, keep it up, man, that's awesome. Justin you want to give some motivation.
Speaker 13: To everyone, Yes, sir, so really I started my New Year's as like, you know, helping to get mental help and all that, and I got that scheduled love for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 13: My main thing was to motivate people like like a free on this previous one. It's if you get sore to a point where you don't want to work out and take a break, and that's okay.
Speaker 1: It's as long it's it's it's as long as you pick it up. It's the main thing. Well, what she was saying, and I think you're right. It's interesting what she said, because I'm kind of like that too. You miss a day and you're like, Okay, I missed that day. I'm gonna miss two days, and then two becomes three and that was breeze problem. She said. If I work out every day, I won't have that problem. So even so you're saying, if you're sore, I mean there's other body parts to work on too. I mean, if your legs are sore, okay doing upper body workout, then give your legs a rest, and.
Speaker 13: There's always like light rest days to where Like before, whenever I used to work out every day, like seven days a week, I would make my weekends more like let's go play baseball or tennis or.
Speaker 1: Something something like. As long as you're keeping your body moving, it's great motivation. Justin hey man, I appreciate your call today and the look on your journey.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, appreciate you, appreciate every one of you. Stay with it, Stay with it. I was beating myself up on Sunday. I was beating myself up on Sunday because on Saturday I realized I realized that that Saturday, I didn't hit all one hundred push ups. Apparently I didn't beat myself up enough because on Sunday I didn't do one hundred push ups, So maybe I should have beat myself up a little more. But I got back on track day Tuesday, and I'm gonna go to knock them out right now during the Red Hot Chili Peppers. This is under the bridge ninety four five the Buzz All right, here we go, one of the tenth most influential bands of all time, according to the story that we have on the music blog page today, ninety four to five the Buzz Yeah, Red Hot Chili Peppers were named in that Beatles were number one by a mile, followed by Zeppelin, then the Stones, then you too. We covered that already today, but you can go look ahead. It's a pretty interesting story today. We got a food blog page up today. It's a National Bagel Day. I don't hear people talking about bagels here like they do in New York. No, it's really big in New York. I mean, you know the state of When I say New York, you know I'm from the Buffalo Western New York area. Bagels are a big deal, man. I like bagels I haven't had like a good bagel, Like, is there a go to bagel place that everyone knows here in Houston?
Speaker 3: Not a bagel place for me. But I like chip bagels, everything bagels. They're pretty good.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was gonna say everything bagel is the way to go, right, I like everything bagel.
Speaker 3: But then ATB has these jalapeno cheddar bagels too, which you're pretty damn good.
Speaker 1: It's National Bagel Day. I have it for you on the food blog page today. There's a few places that are running deals. A lot of them are national, a lot of them aren't here. The kolachi maybe is more important. Absolutely, the kolachi is more important than the bagela in this in this region. I never heard of a kolachi before I moved here. Yeah, bagel, everyone's heard of a bagel. Now, what's your problem with the bagel? Were they're doing some kind of bagel thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're putting TV. I like bacon, eggs and cheeses and like you can get them on bagels. But like when you don't, when you just put them on a bun and you put bagel seasoning on it, that's not a bagel. You can't say that you made it with a bagel. Okay, bagels have holes in it. I need you to clear this up for me.
Speaker 1: If you use a bagel and make a sandwich out of a bagel, is it still a bagel.
Speaker 3: Yes, but it has to have the bagel with a hole in it. You can't just put a bun on it and be like, no, it's a bagel, it's a it's a bagel.
Speaker 1: No, you're right, that's what they were doing. And I thought that was crazy. You're sure they weren't using bagels. One of the teams was using a real bagel, the other team was not. I thought they were frauds because Tessa got us on that bob thing breakfast on a bun. Yeah, okay, but I just want to make sure that we're clear. It's still a bagel with.
Speaker 3: Making egg and cheese with a bagel as the bun works, but you can't use a bun that's not a bagel.
Speaker 1: Okay, go I have a hole all right. Yesterday we were talking about Amazon Prime and I said, who the hell is this rufus on my Amazon Prime. That's the little AI little schopper guy that helps you out. Now, apparently that was Yesterday's Amazon story. Today's Amazon story is it's ending. It's try before you buy option for Prime members. Ever used that? No, I think it's chicks. I'm telling you right now, I know what this is. It's chicks buying eight shirts and they're going to see which one they want to keep and then boom. I think they used to actually promote get a bunch of things, figure out what you want, and then send the rest back. I think, And somebody can clear this up for me if I'm wrong, chances r am. But I think that's what try before you buy, and they don't want that anymore. They don't. Amazon is trying to get away from sending all that stuff back to them. They wanted just to go one way.
Speaker 3: And a lot of times, if you can plain, they just give it to you for free and they send you another one, so then people could kind of scam it.
Speaker 1: You get two of whatever you order. I've only had that happen to me one time, and it was on them. I bought a table because that one guy is holding me to it. If the Bills go to the Super Bowl, I got to jump through a table. Bill's Mafia style. I bought an extra table one of those you know, card table table folding tables, and there was a big dent in it, like it went it must have hit something in a truck. So I sent a picture and I said, listen, this thing's got a hole in this table. Knowing then all I'm gonna do is I'm buying this just to jump through it. It doesn't matter to me, but I'm letting them know. Hey, listen, this is They're like, we'll send you another one. That's it they didn't want. So I have an extra table now. So I got the one I'm going to jump through, and then I got one that's just ready to go. In case they win the Super Bowl, I'll go through that. Oh there you go. But yeah, that's the only time I've heard people tell me that Amazon on some of their products, they it's cheaper to send you another one than for you to send you.
Speaker 3: Probably, so I just don't ever do returns anyways, So the try before you buy a thing, I would just be, well, now I have eight things, and I do not care what it is.
Speaker 1: I will not return it. I've gotten a little bit better on it because you can go to like Staples or and if there is a Whole Foods near you. I know that you can walk right in there and just say here, I don't want this thing, and then they'll just take it, and then they'll do all that. They'll package it for you and everything. So they've made it. There's other options, but they don't want that person coming to your house and picking it up off the porch anymore.
Speaker 3: Right, they used it. I thought you had to be in charge of all the returns. I didn't realize you could just say it outside.
Speaker 1: I think that was away. But anyway, try before you buy. It's ending. I don't have a date for you, but if somebody can maybe just email me and clear up what is it? Are you using it? And then is it a big thing that it's going away? I've never used that program, even though I'm still getting dged for Amazon Prime.
Speaker 7: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show US ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Well, I just read my email here, Michael says, Rod did I miss the Papa Roach tickets? I'm that weirdo. I'm sitting in my car twenty minutes. I'm at home. I'm waiting to call in. I never heard you mention it. You said you were giving away Pampa Roach Rise Against tickets. I got so excited. How about you guys calling it about your New Year's resolutions. I skipped it. Call her ten Papa Roach Rise again. Seven one three two win two five nine four five. It's the buzz. My favorite band, my favorite song, Foo Fighters Dave Grohld. Just had a birthday the other day, turning fifty and still pretty much m I A and just staying out of the staying out of the limelights for sure. Hey, good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you Hi.
Speaker 5: I'm Christina.
Speaker 1: Hi, Christina. I guess I forgot about those Papa Roach Rise Against tickets. You want them?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Your cowork ten. Congratulations.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: OMG, thank you so much for listening. I really appreciate you being on board with us and hanging out. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Awesome.
Speaker 1: All right, you're awesome.
Speaker 5: He just made my day.
Speaker 1: My day's made.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Christina. Have an awesome video. Okay, thank you, all right. Chillie, be nice to her, she's cool. Be nice. Be nice for crying out loud forty chance of rain today, cloudy highs of around fifty four alex one final time Houston's headlines please well, Good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: More than six million people in the Los Angeles area remain under a critical fire threat as high winds are expected to last throughout the rest of today. The winds are making it much harder for firefighters to contain those fires, which have killed at least twenty five people. More than one hundred and thirty five firefighters from the Houston area have made it to California and been deployed to help assist with those fires. TMZ did confirm that a wildfire relief concert is being put together for January thirtieth.
Speaker 1: Well. No acts have been announced yet.
Speaker 3: TMZ says that there has been an overwhelming response from dozens of musicians. President Joe Biden is going to give his farewell address tonight from the Oval Office. He's expected to highlight key achievements from his administration over the last four years in this speech. His address is scheduled for seven o'clock tonight. I probably will not be watching it.
Speaker 1: Just go offstrip, go off script, just go off script. Say here's the deal. It's a bunch of malarkey, No, I'm not watching this either. That's okay, all right, saying goodbye. That's it. What else? People aren't splurging on.
Speaker 3: Things as much as they used to, and it looks like inflation is to blame the grocery chain. Aldi looked at the four things that people are spending more money on than they used to. Gas was number one, followed by meat, produce and freezer food, So basically gas and groceries were the two biggest things.
Speaker 1: They also looked at how people were making up for the added costs of those products.
Speaker 3: Fifty one percent of people are dining out less, Forty eight percent of those people say that they're buying less new clothes, fifty three percent of people say that they're spending less on electronics, and forty three percent of people say that they're buying less beauty products.
Speaker 1: How much of that rod do you actually buying?
Speaker 13: Two?
Speaker 1: I do think that people are getting hit hard. It's it was during the whole election, butter milk, eggs. How many times did we hear that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Groceries? I think it's making people go out to eat more. Really, yeah, I do. I feel groceries are so expensive. I gotta go out to eat the thing. Well, their groceries are also expensive, but they don't put that together in their head. I think in your head, like, listen, if I go out and buy all this stuff and then potentially not use it to throw it away, it's probably cheaper for me to go and eat out. That's how I think people do math. They do restaurant math. They do eat out math in their head that way, That's why I just hunt my food.
Speaker 3: Jessica Simpson and her husband Eric Johnson announced that they are getting a divorced earlier this week, and now Simpson is trying to sell her home, but she lives in La so that might be a problem because she's already had to evacuate that home with her kids due to the fires. Not exactly the best time to be on the market right now. Probably realtors are not going to be showing that house. I found it, you found it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So she's living in the house that was Ozzie and Sharon Sharon Osbourne's house, right. I think when she bought the house, somehow that spawned some sort of a meeting between them, and then Sharon had the bright idea of them doing a song together. I found it. Oh yes, okay, they did it. Ozzy Osbourne two thousand and three. Ozzy Osbourne from the Osbourne Family Christmas Special Line MTV signature. What Happens a Lie.
Speaker 3: He a.
Speaker 1: S Ozzie and Jessica Simpson on a track together only the Show will fight and do the digging. Somebody else is playing that one? All right? This is Metallica. This is All Within My Hands the song that's what they named their foundation after. Yeah, so we told you that.
Speaker 3: Yesterday They're All Within My Hands Foundation donated five hundred thousand dollars to wildfire relief efforts. Well, the ninth Daniel Metal Hall of Fame gala is doing their part as well. They announced that they're going to be raising money for the families that have been displaced by fires. They're going to do that at their gala next Wednesday at the Grand Theater in Anaheim.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston's headlines and now Alex with Sports. Hey you Rod.
Speaker 3: The Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight, riding a four game winning streak. They'll play the Nuggets up in Denver as one and a half point favorites heading into that one tip off is gonna be at eight o'clock. You can listen to the game over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Uh, why is Francisco Treat calling us? Oh? Francisco was on? Is this hey Francisco? Hello? Are you the guy from this morning that was on hit the Post?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: That was me?
Speaker 1: Got a problem. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, no, just all thee win those ticket? Oh okay, I thought you were calling to cust me out because you didn't win. No, no, that's okay. Now I already gave way to the Papa Roach tickets. So here's what's coming up, alternative income chance to one one thousand dollars. That's gonna be get the keyword and then go to the website and then giving away Buzzfest tickets on know the show. Okay, okay, all right, that's Francisco Treat. Francisco Treat already was on the show today.
Speaker 2: Hot Houston's alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning shown The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Danny California wild Card Wednesday. Let's links and guests. You guys are doing a great job of hitting that up. Thank you. I am going to I don't know. I never wanted to sound like I'm harping, but I am going to kind of direct you guys. Just we're not in full on Facebook jail. But for some reason they're not promoting our page. We got dinged for something months ago, and.
Speaker 3: It just they're not basically living in communist rusho is what we're doing.
Speaker 1: It's a base. Yeah, you could do your your boys, your favorite morning boys a huge favor by going into our Facebook page at some point today and in our Instagram. They're connected on all in meta and maybe just a little interaction, go and like something, make a comment on something, call me stupid. You can call me stupid. Yeah, but we could kind of use that just I don't know, we're trying to get back in the good graces. You're like, well, Rod, why do you care about this stuff? I wouldn't if it was my personal I wouldn't. But it is a big part of what we do, and it's just the nature. I just did an interview for like a radio trade magazine and that you know, what's the biggest difference since you've been doing radio, and I said, everyone will tell you social media is the biggest difference. It's the biggest game changer in everything that we do. And the fact that nobody works in radio anymore that's another, but that is a big one too. But yeah, the social media thing. I've got my own personal stuff that I don't do a great job on, but it is important for work, so I do need to do it, and I wouldn't. I'd love for you guys to kind of like, hey, go and check out the stuff that we're putting up on Instagram and Facebook, those two specifically. You know, we need a little help just so we can get Mark Zuckerberg's good graces. I know he seems to be cooler right now. He says he is, but it seems like the political stuff, he's not going to be influenced politically. But still the stuff that we got dinged for, I'll be real honest with you. Chili put up something and it was about Diddy and it was about somebody that was under age at one of the Diddy parties. That was a story that was everywhere, but it got flagged by Facebook. It's like, oh, they're promoting children at a party, and we got ding for it, like we were promoting that. No, we were anti that, of course we were. Of course we were. You got people that are here that have children, right, we don't approve of that. All they saw was the headline and thought that that that's what we got dinged for it. So they said, we're no longer putting your page out there to anybody. Anybody that finds you. That's on you. We're not going to take you off the platform. But yeah, we got ding for that. Chili didn't do anything wrong. He just puts something up there, but it was just certain words and things that are getting flagged and we're paying for it since October. Now, Yeah, it's stupid. And then I protested and they're like, no, no, you promoted it an AI thing and yeah I hates Yeah, you promoted a child and blah blah blah and doing bad things. I'm like, that's not what we're about anyway. That's it. I don't want to get into that anymore. That's enough. Got a chance for you to win a thousand dollars. I want you to get involved with this alternative income stuff. I did want to talk to Chile and just see do we have a lot of people that are interested. Did more people sign up today?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we've had about twenty five people just sign up.
Speaker 1: That's total. No, today, twenty five more people. So there's over fifty people that want to say that they want to come in and play Read my Lips tomorrow, Yes, sir, okay, and they're playing you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they want the Chile.
Speaker 1: Did more people sign up last week to play? Oh? No, we didn't know if it was gonna be Alex because we flipped the coin.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think last week it was just kind of like they were just kind of testing it out, so they weren't too sure about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody knew. That even makes that gal even more of a pioneer for coming down and doing such a great job with us. Lindsay, Lindsay, Yeah, she did great. She didn't win though, No, we sent her home with nothing.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Did we give her tick?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Gay, she was the guinea pig and she could have screwed it up for everybody. So what excuse you gonna come up with this person?
Speaker 3: This is it?
Speaker 6: This is it.
Speaker 1: If you want to play now, we're picking a winner before the end of the show today. Yes, okay, yes, yes, if you want to play Chile tomorrow. You want to come down to the station, the in studio with us, I would suggest practicing yeah. And I would also suggest, and you can tell this to whoever we end up deciding, get them familiar with that song.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I think Lindsay. I think Lindsay was a little shocked. She thought that when she put on those noise canceling headphones for reading my lips, she thought there was gonna be maybe some kind of a peaceful white noise thing, or maybe some some maybe like a babbling brook and some loons or or you know, some seagulls. No, most people know that it is a Mastadon song that is playing. Sultan's Curse is the name of the song, and it is blaring in your ears as you're watching me and trying to read my lips. You don't want to just walk in. I made her listen to the song before she played, because she was like, whoa, because it's loud and you put these headphones on, and then you got the cookie monster screaming at you, and then you're trying to read my lips. I would get yourself, I'd accliment yourself to that song.
Speaker 6: I mean, why are you giving them tips from how to beat me, Bro.
Speaker 1: Because I want success for our listeners always, and that makes you work a little harder.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying that to make it fair.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 6: You're you're you're land them all. They already ahead.
Speaker 1: Now you've been playing this game for six years. English is his second language. You're not good at it, You're not great. I think you're a fantastic. Of course, the twins to stick up for you.
Speaker 6: Out of three people, I was coming third.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's second, Top three, top three, if you want to come down. We haven't selected anybody yet. Chile. It's on links and guests.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's first link, the first link on links and guests.
Speaker 1: And they just got to say that, hey, I promise I'll be here, and then attach a picture and that's it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm going to contact the person like a nine five, just to kind of so it's so were we got what like thirty minutes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, you have thirty minutes if you want. If you have hopes and dreams of playing, read my lips tomorrow on air in studio with us. This isn't something we could do over the phone. That's what's unique about this and funny to try and read your over the phone now, wouldn't work? Would not work? Would? I can't see it?
Speaker 6: Face sign?
Speaker 1: All right, guys check it out. Here's a chance out one thousand dollars. I want a local winner here.
Speaker 4: Houston and the Rod Ryan Morning Show six am.
Speaker 1: A buzz. That's us, That's what he said. That's what we are. Houston's rock and alternative. And we'll get to more of that rock. We shall, alternative, we will, but first we got to let a lets do his thing online. It's ills online nine the muzz. How would you got over there? Today's Ay, Well, it's called what language is that?
Speaker 3: And you're going to be looking at passages in different languages and having to pick out of the four options you're given which one it is. Yeah, it's it's not like you can tell Spanish. Spanish is kind of like Italian. I feel like Italian is similar to Spanish or something that you can kind of cheat with. I think like Russian have no clue, like Russian Ukrainian, they didn't know they had different languages.
Speaker 1: I was told that's again, this is just another pro Spanish thing to learn to speak Spanish. It lends itself to all the other languages, you're just so far ahead of the game everywhere else you go in the world.
Speaker 3: I've also heard that English is the most it's difficult to learn, which makes me feel cool because like, I know the most different one already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like you can tell me about past particles right now, I'm not going to.
Speaker 3: Okay, what I really wanted to, Rod, I could, I could do a whole thing on it, but all right, I'm not going to. But like, do you know the different between Korean, Japanese, Chinese, and Sanskrit?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Nope, probably not. I don't. I'm ignoramous.
Speaker 3: It's languages like that that you're going to have to be able to try and guess. Now you're not gonna have to say what it says or anything like that.
Speaker 1: You get to say. This language is the one that I am reading right now. Go check it out. What language is that?
Speaker 3: At the one famous rod Ryan Show page thebuzz dot com.
Speaker 4: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four the.
Speaker 1: Bus ninety four or five, the bus that's our man, Jelly roll and need a favor rod Ryan Show on this wild Card Wednesday. I have this. I wasn't gonna talk about it, but just because if we played jelly roll, I can roll into it easily. See what I did then? I don't know, i'd see what you do. That's bush.
Speaker 9: Is.
Speaker 1: Of course it's a trend. But is it something that people aren't going to do down the road or are we just going to have face tattoos now all the time? Is it? I know where we have face tattoos right now? Are we going to have them all the time? Are we going to look back in ten years and say, oh my god, remember when everybody's getting face tattoos. The people that get the face tattoos are going to have them all the time, Yes they are. But same thing with tribal and all the other date tattoos.
Speaker 3: I think they're there be cyclical, it'll go away and then it'll be hot and bring it back in twenty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I swear god if that'll comes home with a face tattoo, I know, man, modern trends people will regret in twenty years. Is something that I saw people on social media were talking about everyone's going to regret these in twenty years. And of course face tattoo were a top ten thing. Yeah, that would that makes perfect sense. I mean, jolly Rowling post Malone, Right, those are the guys. Yeah, those are the posters for that. The little Wayne was like the og of it. Yeah he was. I don't know when black dudes get tattoos, they're not as prominent because of the dark skin.
Speaker 3: I always joked I wanted to get the black lighting of just every tattoo little Wayne has on his face.
Speaker 1: Only tell when I go to the club. But poor Spencers still see it when it's it's daylight two. Sometimes we sted to do that when we were little kids. That's been it's been around forever. The show. When I say Spencer's, do you know the story Spencer's.
Speaker 3: And there's like the cool like, oh look this is from this TV show, Like and then there's the dirty stuff in the way back you go to the back.
Speaker 1: That's that's the first time I saw fundies. Yeah, yeah, pair of underwear that two people were and that, but there was it was kindable underwear was there too, but it was black lit back there. Yeah, and you would see like everybody's you'd see all the if you had lint or dandriff on your shirt, you'd see all that. And then that's what we go and look all all the posters. Yeah, and you had the big big rack.
Speaker 3: Are those still things now? Like people still have the racks of posters where you flipped through them. There used to be like Target had them, Walmart would have them all.
Speaker 1: I the only thing that I remember was Spencer's with posters. I never associated buying a poster anywhere else. But that's where really the girls. That's where the girl like could you go and get I mean, who was like the hot poster when you were a kid? Mine are going to be? You know, eighties. I had Jessica Alba from Sin City. Okay, yeah that was cool.
Speaker 3: And end up the paint floyd butts was just or like the painted ladies, but you can see their butts.
Speaker 1: If I say if I, if I say the poster's name, do you know it? Okay, haul and Ass? Do you know that poster?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, eighties it's just a line of about ten girls and whatever. They wore those real long, weird bikini bottoms back then, but it was just the backside of them and there might have been some trucks. They were standing in front of trucks and it said Haul and Ass. I had one friend that had that poster. This room pretty cool hall in that.
Speaker 3: Okay, why are we talking about this modern trends that people are going to regret?
Speaker 1: Oh and we were talking about posters. Okay, so what are people saying that people are going to Well, face tattoos. You could say that about every tattoo, but I don't regret my tattoos, but face tattoos, Yeah, right there. Okay, filming kids worst moments for internet clout that you will absolutely regret when you're your kid is like what the hell?
Speaker 10: Mom?
Speaker 3: And you tell them like, well, you can't do this in my house and like, well, well you shared me doing this when I was two.
Speaker 1: I feel like, just it should be putting your whole life on the internet, because only the bad stuff is gonna The worst parts are going to resurface. The cool things aren't. It's the bad things that you put up that those are going to live forever. You know.
Speaker 3: That's why I think it's weird when people like bitch about their kids online. Where's like, why would you ever want to put your kid in not a positive way?
Speaker 1: Won't we what are we gonna regret in ten years? Getting advice from TikTok influencers instead of actual experts yes, yes, I would. I have immediate regret if I get a tip from a TikToker. Now, I mean I don't. I don't look at the platform, and as you can tell at Rob Ryan Show, TikTok, I don't know. Tessa just stopped doing it about a year ago, and then they haven't done we haven't done one since she was in chge of it and she was already checked out. So I didn't beat her up about it, but you know, like that was her. That was her little thing that she did, and she enjoyed it, and she liked doing it, and she kind of forced us all to do it, and we gave her a hard time, but she just rallied us all to do these stupid videos and then she just stopped doing it. Maybe TikTok is going away and we just we don't even know about it. We abandoned. Okay, uh, cosmetic surgeries and procedures. I don't see those going away. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're going to go away, but I feel like some people are going to really regret those lip fillers.
Speaker 1: Could you it said specifically, and I don't know this, could you please google buckle b u C c L e u CCL buckle bookel fat removal. They said that one is going to be something.
Speaker 3: That's relating to the cheek, your butt cheeks, like the side of your molars. So like, I think that makes you look like a skeleton. Oh so if you get like I have chubby cheeks and then you stuck on the fat out of it, then you just look.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, right, like a dead person. Don't mess with your face, don't put tattoos on it, don't mess with your face. You want to get stuffed one ever? Really straight? Let me see giving kids terrible names? What was that gal on today that she gave She had five kids, and she gave the lineup even Leah I thought was cool. Every one of her kids' names, she nailed them. They were great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but naming your kid after some fringe TV show that no one's going to remember in ten years.
Speaker 1: You're naming your kid lego. Okay, you're into it, your kid's not into it. Don't make them. Don't give them a prison sentence with a stupid name. I agree with that. Sending DNA into random companies that that that alan never do it because they're gonna clone you. Then you're gonna commit a crime you didn't really commit, but it's blown you did, and then you're in jail. This is spit on a swab. Yeah, it's all you need. Black rock body. They can do anything they want. Okay, you don't agree with that, you don't want un to see where your asie, don't do it. I don't care, I don't care. I'm here. This is all matters, okay. The proliferation of sports betting, what say you?
Speaker 6: I do think that it has.
Speaker 1: Gotten a little annoying there. Every time I watch.
Speaker 3: ESPN, they're like, and here's mad Dog Russo's three teen parliament. I don't care, dude, if I want, if you want to bet, you can do that. I don't need you to shove it down my throat. It's a hobby. You can do that on your own.
Speaker 1: Have we peaked on it? Or is it only going to get bigger? Going to get bigger because more states will continue to legalize Yes, that's what I was going to say. Then there will be problems from people that recently got into it and couldn't control their urge. Then I don't think it belongs on the list. If we think that we're going to look back and say, oh god, we were in that weird phase of face tattoos. I do believe we're going to be there in a couple of years. I don't see that with sports betting, Oh my god, sports it hasn't peaked yet.
Speaker 3: I think we're gonna get to a point where, like, remember when you just watch a football game without them having a draft Kings ad, Not that there's any problem with that, a gambling ad every every ten seconds.
Speaker 1: Remember that that was a cool time having an OnlyFans. Yes, I think we are at the peak, and I think we might even be on a little bit of the decline of that. I don't know, I don't there's faulting people that have it, but I think you could regret that later. Yeah, I think you will. I mean, there's a girl right now that's on the Looking at Girls blog page who had sex with a thousand men in a twenty four hour period or something. She broke some world record. That is just you're never going to tell me that she's powerful and empowering. You're never going to convince me that she's taking control. You're never going to sell me on there's anything good with that. Okay, Now, I'm not saying I'm not lumping her with every person that's not only fans, But I had a real quality thing that you've got OnlyFans. Is that anything that you're bragging about? People that might be? But yeah, I think she very well could regret that. Why are cyber trucks on the list? I don't hate on them. I think they're cool. Look get there, but I don't want one. They sound cool when they drive it as they sound like a Tesla like that sounds like a car. I don't hate on those. I think they're kind of cool. I've never seen the inside of one. They're the new car that just everybody calls douche?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is it? Do shifted trucks for like that for a while?
Speaker 3: And then I think the cyber truck is just easy to hate on because if you don't like elin, you're not gonna like his truck. And then anybody that drives that truck, it's.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, is it the same then big jacked up truck, little dick? Is that the same thing being said about cyber trucks? Probably? Okay, I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I would imagine that there's definitely people that lump that in with with the lifted truck.
Speaker 1: Guys, I'm sorry for the size of your Wiener rolls ninety four the bus. Good morning, Rob Ryan Shall's Pearl, Jam and daughter. We're getting ready to wrap things up. I think Chili is going to be getting close. I think when we come back from this break, we will announce who is going to be coming in to play read my lips with us tomorrow. He's going through all of the people that submitted through the website through links and guests, so we'll have that for you on the flip of this break, and then I'll leave you with something really good after crunching the numbers, new report from food label maker reveals that Texas has the lowest grocery store prices in the United States of America. Hey, hell yeah, brother, Now they're using Texas as a whole, do you guys know it's a pretty big place. So I don't know if it's Houston specific, but Texas, out of all the states, the lowest grocery prices in the US, with costs nine point seven percent below the national average. I'm pretty good. You guys all know that we pay less for gas here, right, yeah? Ok? And all you gotta do. Is you wanna call Aunt Sue right now? You wanna call my sister and have her bitch about gas any day of the week. Okay, she'll tell you, but she realizes she's in the auto industry, so she knows the importance of it. On the flip side, the state with the highest prices is Hawaii, followed by Alaska. So Texas, congratulations. It's nice to see us number one on a good list. Michigan, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Kentucky top five. All right, stop bitching. No, we never will, We never will, stop bitching. Nine millions.
Speaker 3: What do you?
Speaker 1: What have we got here? What didn't we give away Sean Connery, Gary Clark Junior for buzz Buzzfest tickets. We didn't give away Busfest tickets yet, Okay, Buzzfest tickets. On the flip of this break, all right, we'll have a question for you, Alex Love, a question for you. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 7: Houston's Rock, Houston's al Saranative and the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Bus ninety four or five, the Buzz Welcome back everybody, rod Ryan's Show. We'll getting ready to wrap things up. The last thing we need to do is give you Buzzfest tickets. That's a great parting gift. It's our reward to you for putting up with this. But you got to prove that you've been listening. It's called no the show right now, Alex is going to ask you a question something that was covered talked about said, I don't know all the show tonight. All right, what is your question?
Speaker 3: We talked about a steady that a guy did to try and find out who the most influential band is in history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Beatles runaway number one? Yeah? Who is number two?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 1: Nice one? Okay, make them work a little bit seven one three. This is on the Music Walk page seven one three, two one two five nine four five. Prove to us that you know the show to go.
Speaker 2: The buzz is right in your podcast.
Speaker 1: Tell your smart device to play ninety four five The Buzz on iHeartRadio ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Who was day crawling in the dark? All right, that's it. We got to get out of here. It's nine fifty five. Let's do this. He's now time for know this show on ninety four five The Buzz La La la la La, La, La la la la la la la la la la la la. Curtis, Good morning, Good morning, Hey Curtis, welcome to the show. How are you pretty good?
Speaker 3: Pretty good?
Speaker 1: Could I not do a pole question today? I did not do a poll question? Jesus to do one tomorrow, Curtis, I didn't do a pole question today, yet she did? You didn't? Damn it? All right, I'll come up. If you got a poll question, shoot me an email. We'll do one tomorrow. Tomorrow's throw. By thursday we get your voting on the throw. I can do both. I can do vote, Curtis. Listen to Alex. He's got a question for you, Curtis.
Speaker 3: We talked about a steady that a guy did today to try and find out who the most influential band ever was.
Speaker 1: The Beatles were his number one by far. Who was number two? Was it? Over the maybe the greatest drum sound, the greatest recorded drums sound of all time when the levee breaks up. Yeah, so they didn't go on. They couldn't find another drummer to do this. They couldn't. They're like they lost their drummer, Like, who's gonna do that? Done? Yeah, Curtis, congratulations, you just want to know the show. We're gonna give you Buzzfest tickets. All right, well, yeah, we want to party with you. Curtis. We heard you're a wild man.
Speaker 9: Thank you guys so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you Curtis, see you at Buzzfest. All right, hang on for me. Okay. More influential they were mentioned more You gotta go read the music blog page. You see how they came up with this. But yeah, Zeppelin was the number two mentioned band from other bands that they were influential to them outside of the Beatles. The first time anybody ever heard Led Zeppelin, Like just go back to I don't know what it is sixty eight, the first release ever from Led Zeppelin. You're driving in your car, You're in your cutlass whatever, Yeah, you know what I mean? And this and this comes on the radio, like hey, what's this? What some new band out of England? Okay, right out of the gate. First song they released, Where do You Go From here?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: You just become one of the most influential bands of all time. First single, first time anybody ever heard Zeppelin was this. Yeah, it's still one of my favorite songs to this same are your favorite Zeppelin songs? Man? It's up there. It's what I played for you. When the levy breaks. That drum is just the sickest thing ever. And Fool and the Rain are probably my too. Oh interesting, I didn't know you were Zeppelin fan. I didn't remember he goes to phase right, yes, yeah, and it took me a long time. I didn't when everybody when my friends were going through a Zeppelin phase. I still I'm like that not for me. And I just resisted John Bonham and everything, and it's like, how did I do that? All right?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Tom? Who the hell's Tom? He beat Sean Connery to upset king fresh out of bed head to head challenge we play every morning at six twenty and Tom's the guy to beat right now. He kind of killed Sean Connery. Yeah, and Tom hasn't played in a couple of years. He said, all right, Dizney Reid was our was our guy on Hit the Post today? Uh, go park the.
Speaker 3: Best Hit the Post game ever? Podcasts up now if you want to check that out out?
Speaker 1: Oh you do you have that up already? Yeah? Okay, all right, Well, congratulations to Disney Reid. Hey read my lip, says tomorrow Chili.
Speaker 3: Have you?
Speaker 1: It's not fair that he's picking who he's playing against. Yeah, I guess I didn't think about that, dude, Like you can't pick a blind person, dude, I didn't rack the brus it's Michelle. If former intern Michelle is applying for Read my Lips, she cannot play tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Hey man, I just exactly who it is. I keep it fair. It's not my fault that I you know, I was tesked with that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so who's playing.
Speaker 6: It'll be Craig Picket.
Speaker 1: Craig Picket, Craig Yeah, all right, so Read my Lips A twenty Craig Picket, Yes, sir, that's who would all be in.
Speaker 6: I'm already predicting the.
Speaker 1: Victory, all right. Jay submitted today's wild card Wednesday. I think it's the best one of the year. Remember one on my Life? Oh didn't get around to that.
Speaker 6: I know your body, you know, no, you gotta wait till Tomorrow's Well, that could be.
Speaker 1: The new number. Thanks to everyone that signed up to play Read my Lips. If this guy doesn't act a fool, we'll do it again. Better not act a fool at all, due no foolishness amorrow. Jeremy's up next. Have an awesome day. Today everybody, we're on a twenty hour break. Am F Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Tough We'll Be Podcast
Speaker 2: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.