Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Kaplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Yeah, and the American way is that government has some basic functions, right, and it's grown way too large, way too out of control, but it has basic functions we can all agree on. You know, government has that responsibility to take those basic steps to keep people safe when only government can protect people in certain ways, and then beyond that, it's up to each of us.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But but we have a Democratic party in Colorado which seems absolutely determined, absolutely determined to make innocent citizens of this state as unsafe as possible. And it continues day after day afterday, and we'll talk about the latest examples today. Glad you are here because we just don't curse the darkness, and there's plenty that curse. But we light candles and we'll talk about some of those who are trying to light right now. Eight five five four zero five A two five five the number worst number for we hope the best show on radio. No offense, Ryan, who was a tremendous show two to four each day on six thirty kitch a w in the Denver market. Did we talk about just like getting a three oh three number? But we had five four zero five eight two five five. Nobody can remember that, nobody can write it down. How is that any different than the three oh three. I don't understand, because everybody knows three oh three eight five five could be eight sixty six eight eight eight, And then somebody calls and they've got some sex line. No, just give me a three to oh three. Okay, have you ever done that? Have you ever like misdialed the number and then hit one of those things?
Speaker 3: I've gotten some strange ones, but nothing like that can Lurida, but we do, we have had in the past, we currently have in the present a three tozho three.
Speaker 4: Number that people can dial.
Speaker 3: We could switch back over to that if you want, Dan, there's nothing preventing us from doing that.
Speaker 1: Your name's on the show. I really think we should let's talk about that, because it's eight five to five, and I understand. Listen, we're blessed to be syndicated, so you know we're spread around the place. But these days nobody has to pay long distance for anything. Right that that was like a Flintstone era thing, right, yeah, I mean it was before you were born.
Speaker 3: So so, Kelly, the three to zho three number that the Martino Show uses would go to the same lines.
Speaker 1: Right, Uh, it does. It would be a great honor. I should know that number two because I used to do that, and that number is Kelly three oh three, Martino three oh three. I don't think six. That's a terrible number. No, no, well we'll do this off here, but thank you, thank you for your billingness to improve the process here. Okay, but you know, it's fascinating me as a guy who's been in radio for somewhere around three decades give or take, is just so many shows now have shifted to text. I saw you getting a little abuse on the text line. Do you take calls or are you all texts?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: That's a good question to put you on this I take Is this a sore point?
Speaker 3: I'm about to explain, I'm sorry, I take only text, and that's only because I've had some instability.
Speaker 1: Shall we say in.
Speaker 3: The post that I represent for you? We have a new hire. He's great, His named Zach Seekers.
Speaker 1: Okay, wonderful.
Speaker 3: That can't do all five days, and so Jesse Thomas during the winter months can do it.
Speaker 1: But then he's gonna have spring training. So it's a screener issue.
Speaker 3: I think so, because you don't have a consistency on that front.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and listen, that is a real challenge. I mean Ryan, if you ever met Ryan in person, you know, people ask about the anatomical anomaly, right, I mean, it's obvious, it's it's a bragging point for you. But Ryan is like an octopus. He has how many arms do you have? He has five arms. He can answer the phones, he can do this, he can do that. Now we're blessed with Kelly as a call screener. I was you, he just said, I was getting to you. He said, I'm just saying, Kelly, on those rare days when you're off on a beach or something, you know, Ryan's just doing it all. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Really, I am very thankful for Kelly's presence here as everyone.
Speaker 1: It makes the trains run on time. Just the aura two aura level of production.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you see your boots today?
Speaker 1: Holy crap? I did? Yeah, Wow, Wow, Holy cow. I can't tell you last time I saw a pair like that. Oh yeah, really really impressive. Somebody texted me three h three someone three eight two five five. See, I remember that number rolls off the tongue because I've probably given that for one hundred years, like all eight years Craig and I did the show together. Three three someone three eight two five five. That's it. That's the one. Yeah, right, okay, that's a good number. Well, all right, I'm going to start doing yeah, and that I will remember because I used it for many many and then one yeah, threeal three someone three eight two five five and uh, all right, we got that done. Wow. Speaking of vibes, the first of the Trump nominees who will be confirmed Pete heg Satz, And I'm glad they had him go first, right, because Trump has all this political capital, goodwill, everything else that he's hard earned, and he has a right to have the people he wants unless they're just obviously completely unqualified, and Pete Hagseeth is not that. So yeah, he's going to be confirmed. But we wanted to get you a little bit of sound from that, because the left now scream therapy is expensive unless you're a remember of the Senate, and then you get to do it on the taxpayer's dime in these hearings. But it comes in all forms. Why don't we kick this one off with Senator Kristin Jillibrand of New York. She's still in the Senate.
Speaker 4: She just want again.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, the.
Speaker 5: Women you have denigrated. You have also denigrated members of the LGBTQ community. Did you know that when donas don't tell was in place, we lost so many crucial personnel, over one thousand in mission critical areas.
Speaker 1: We lost ten percent of all our foreign.
Speaker 5: Language speakers because of a political policy. You said in your statement you don't want in the DoD Everything you've said in these public statements is politics. I don't want women. I don't want moms.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with a mom?
Speaker 5: By the way, once you have babies, you therefore are no longer able to be lethal. I mean, you're basically saying women after they have children can't ever serve in the military in a combat role. It's a silly thing to say.
Speaker 1: It's a silly thing to say. Beneath the physician that you.
Speaker 5: Are aspiring to to detagrate LGBTQ service members is a mistake. If you are a sharpshooter, you're as lethal regardless of what your gender identity is, regardless.
Speaker 1: Of who you love.
Speaker 5: So please know this to be a true statement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get it all out, Kristen, better get it all out right now. And it's not going to affect pe. Do you see he's going to be confirmed eight five five for zero five eight two five five the number tex d an five seven, seven through nine. You know he's in great shape when you know the lead headline because it's what six oh five Eastern when our show starts here in the Mountain time zone that CNN has the best they have in their prime time is seets grilled about shifting position on women.
Speaker 6: In combat when that's the best they got. You know, you're getting confirmed. And there's one thing and I watched almost as an entire hearing. I thought it fascinating then for many reasons, one of what you just heard, unfortunately kristin Gilibrand. But there are various nuanced positions within combat meaning women in combat, meaning front lines, reinforcement level. There's some people that are in combat technically, but again it's not on the front lines as kind of a backing role. So I think it's how you define it.
Speaker 3: And Pete Hegg set the point he was making was that he felt standards were being lowered in order to accommodate higher numbers of female enlisted members. And I think he's right on that point, and this is something that I think, to her credit, Senator Joni Ernst was able to clarify in her time with Petex.
Speaker 1: Yes, and when am I going to get that ring in my nose? So you can kind of lead me around? But I do appreciate it, because leave it or not, I was going to play that bight next.
Speaker 7: No, it is incredibly important that I stress, and I hope that, if confirmed, you continue to stress that every man and woman has opportunity to serve their country and uniform and do so at any level as long as they are meeting the standards that are set forward. And we talked about that in my office. I do believe in high standards.
Speaker 1: Now, I was.
Speaker 7: Denied the opportunity to serve in any combat role because I have a lot of gray hair, and the policy has changed since then. Okay, so I've been around for quite a while.
Speaker 1: Wait a sec. Because she's talking about the capitalist rule, right, and until this nation adopts it. It is a mega blind spot. And that rule is it's all about the stand and you do not at this point, you do not keep people out of combat roles because of the number on their driver's license. You know, well, you don't keep out of combat roles because of their age. If somebody can meet the standards, because we all know how dramatically things have changed. You got a lot of guys, You got a lot of guys right now in their fifties, lord knows, but some in their sixties, you know, who have every physical capability and they also have the wisdom of the years, etc. And they want to go serve, and they want to go serve in combat roles. It's a blind spot for this country not to permit it. And then when it comes and we'll talk when we come back, as we play more of this excess sound about women in combat? What I'd like to do, because I've never served, I would love to hear. I would love to hear from people who have served, you know, male, female, what you think about women in these combat positions? Because me just sitting here, it's easy to say, and I do believe it's all about the standard but if you've been there, if you've been in these combat situations, maybe most recently in Iraq, if a stand whatever is a practical matter, can that work out. I'm just talking about logistically mechanically. I don't think anybody does that. Women would be superb the right woman right, just like the right guy in a combat role. But as a practical logistical matter, can it work in the field? Can it work on the battlefield? You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplass Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Just singing at the inauguration. She's singing America the Beautiful. I believe that's wonderful. Can you imagine how good that's going to be. It's gonna be phenomenal. I'm so glad she's doing it.
Speaker 3: But she is getting some backlash from fans and trolls on Instagram and the socials.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, some trolls. Maybe she wouldn't get any backlash from any true fan. But at this point, isn't this fun to watch? Ryan Yes said that there is so, but there's so much less of it now, right because the dynamics so different with Trump taking off now, how everything he overcame the way he responded to the assassination attempt. Everything else. There is so much less of this hateful, blind resistance, not because all of a sudden all those people have become good and pure and everything else, but because they know at this point they've lost, and the American people chose Trump, and they risk their own power if they come out now and they try to do the same hateful stuff toward him. There's still some pockets, but he could you do me a favorite during one of the breaks? I mean sure, For those who haven't heard a lot of Carrie Underwood, she has almost supernatural abilities and it often comes out, I guess, maybe appropriately when she's singing religious stuff. So maybe a little how great Thou Art Sure or something like that, just played, Jesus take the whey on it? That's all yeh. But I'm talking about range. Oh yeah, you're the music guy. I'm just a lay person who knows what I like here. Hey on American Idol? Yeah, give him a ten.
Speaker 3: I know the one you're talking about, and it's when you were attending one of her shows. It was in Vegas, right, oh yeah, And I'll try to track something representative down along those lines. Just an interesting kind of pop culture not I was talking about this on my program Dan with regard to Carrie Underwood. John Rich, a big and rich who's a fervent Trump supporter and one of us and quotes he said, Carrie Underwood's just the tip of the iceberg, and that he hopes a lot more people will come right out in not the Trump haters, but the ones that might have been agnostic, like I don't want to get involved, I don't want to support Trump, and I don't want to vocalize that.
Speaker 4: But the more of those that come.
Speaker 3: Out, like John Rich has and said, now, look I like President Trump, or I am proud that he's my president, or I admire him for going through an assassination attempt and all these other things. The more of those that come forward in John Rich's mind, and I agree with this, the less there's going to be this vitriol and these people carping at Trump with Trump's arrangement syndrome, because it's going to be normalized to use the the lef's word that Donald Trump is not the demon the left portrays.
Speaker 1: Him to be. And I'm really glad you used that word, because yeah, there's going to be more of that, right, and with more, and Trump's already so successful. I mean, look at if, in fact this deal comes through to free the hostages. That was Trump who got that deal even before taking office. Right. But you're right, the more people come forward on the positive side, the less they'll be of the other. But the less there's going to be of the other anyway, because it's not working for them and they're doing it in their own best interests. All I'm saying is it all creates, it all helps create this moment in America. We haven't had one like it, at least in my young lifetime, where there's this opportunity for the country to become significantly less polarized. And then, as Trump has said, unify around success because nothing's guaranteed, but all indications are there's going to be a lot more success on multiple fronts than America's had in quite a while now. Eight five five four zero five eight two five five. So bottom line is Trump has normalized himself. Trump has normalized himself through his success, normalized himself by overcoming what appeared to be to many almost impossible hurdles. I mean, we predicted here he would win for the reasons we predicted he did. But then the he handled that assassination attempt in Butler, after being shot, so many other things, he has normalized himself and he's taken it one step further. Not to get all philosophical, he's gone beyond normalizing himself. He has now at this point turned himself into an almost mythical figure. And if the success that I expect to happen happens, then then yeah, it is going to be. It's almost in dimensions a biblical type story when he's done with that term eight f five zero five A two five five or plan A lot of hegsas sound today, but we have a lot to do locally because and we were on it yesterday, you know, as it was unfolding real time, Denver and Denver becoming so very dangerous and almost by design, I mean, another big step taken by Denversity Council to expand this needle exchange program will lead not the next segment, because George Brockler will join us in the next segment this with him and play the full story after that. But then, of course this you have this serial killer loose on the mall because remember once he stabbed three people in an hour and slit the throat of a flight attendant. It was clear he intended to kill all three. So at that point, you know, you have a serial killer loose on the mall, and one thing you know is that that killer is going to kill again, and there's every reason to believe that killer is going to kill again, and that they're going to kill on the mall. So the only way to protect people at that point is a five alarm fire warning, because you could flood that mall with officers. You could have every Denver police officer on that mall, and you know, when you're dealing with a psycho serial killer that you're not going to be able to stop them. And because serial killer like that, how's the cop going to stop it? You flood the entire mall with cops and he just walks there. Normal looking guy, you know, stone or type, but normal looking guy walks onto the mall and he has that big old butcher knife under his coat. Every single officer in Denver could be on the mall and you're not going to be able to stop him because he is a psychoone he's determined to kill. So you know, at that point is the Mayor of Denver that the only way the minute you find out about this is Mary of Denver, you know, the only way you can protect the people of Denver and beyond is to warn them. Five Allied fire. We got a psycho serial killer targeting the mall. Every citizen of this nation deserve that warning. Deserve that warning as a matter of basic human decency, as a matter of public responsibility, because that's the only way you can protect him. And that warning did not come. And we're going to get to the bottom of that, and I'll explain the steps we're taking to get to the bottom of it, because I believe I can't prove it right now, but logic tells you it's true, and we're taking all the steps and we need to get the evidence to prove it. Somebody made that decision that we are not going to do that big warning, and they had to know it's the only way to protect the people, but they decided not to protect the people in the interest of what was it? Was it Mike Johnston's political interest. Just take your chances because it would hurt Mike Johnston, because it would hurt business. Whatever it was. The people weren't warned somebody had to make that decision. It would be even worse if nobody had made the decision right now. It's disqualifying. If it is true he did that, he should leave office right now. But it would be even worse if he didn't make the decision. It would be even worse. If he's so out of the loop he wasn't informed, or that he was informed and it never occurred to him to warn the people, that would be even worse. But one way or the other, we have got the worst kind of scandal. Because you have the big scandals involving money, and they're really bad. That's a big deal. A lot of people in jail for those things, except politicians. And then you have the worst kind of scandal, which is the scandals that get people killed, and this is one of them. Because every person in America who could have even thought of coming to the mall, certainly every person in Denver and Colorado should have been warned we've got a psycho serial killer loose on the mall, and then they can make their own decision whether to go down there.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know the identity d yet run of that last victim who was murdered by the serial killer, No, the mall serial killer. And so I don't know the backstory, but it may well be we'll find out that this victim would not have gone there if those warnings admissioned. Maybe they lived down there and they would have been there anyway, but maybe they would have stayed inside. Who's going to go down there? If you get the kind of warning you should have that we've got a psycho serial killer loose on the mall. People deserve that warning. Somebody made the decision not to give it. We're going to find out who you're on the Dan.
Speaker 4: Capital you're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 8: Form rank senator from the political class on day one on January twentieth, when President Trump is sworn in, he will issue a new set of lawful orders, and the leadership of our services will have an opportunity to follow those lawful orders or not. Those lawful orders will not be based on politics. They will be based on readiness, accountability, standards, and lethality. That is the process by which leaders will be judged. And accountability is coming because everybody in this room knows.
Speaker 1: If you're a rifleman and you lose.
Speaker 8: Your rifle they're throwing the book at you.
Speaker 1: But if you're a.
Speaker 8: General who loses a war, you get a promotion.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow. Yeah. So the beauty of this is Hegsa's not only going to be confirmed, but he's going to come into office in a stronger position than it looked like you would even a couple of weeks ago. Hey, let's go to the VIP line. This is exciting stuff. It's not often we get a whole new judicial district, but Douglas County now, which used to be part of the eighteenth, combined with the REPO and others, it is now its own judicial district. And so George Brockler joins us, says, the first elected DA of the twenty third right, because we've never had a twenty third before. How does it feel, my friend?
Speaker 2: It feels good to finally be in that position, and a good friend of ours, I think, is equally relieved to finally have finished up with his portion of that process. But it's exciting, it feels daunting. I now know that every small or big horrible thing that happens in this jurisdiction is now gonna at some point land on my desk in a way that it didn't before.
Speaker 1: So I'm ready.
Speaker 2: I got a great team, so excited. John's efforts to put me in the best position to win have been wonderful. Miss I'm gonna miss.
Speaker 1: That guy, referring to John Kellner, obviously a good friend and looking forward to trying a bunch of cases with John. And yeah, so John has on a great job. But now that the twenty thirty is the twenty third in and of itself, and I've got to think, George, that everything you've done in your whole life prepares you for this.
Speaker 2: In some weird ways, it has. I mean, I never expected I would get to be a prosecutor again after I left the eighteenth and then this new judicial district sort of started to come to life, and I was at a place where I thought, I can still do something here, I can make a difference. And nobody, nobody alive has ever started a brand new DA's office, and certainly not in these times where it's challenging. And I feel incredibly blessed. But I also feel like if there was someone more qualified to do this job, I'd yield it to them. But I just don't know who that is, well.
Speaker 1: Right, and I think in so many different ways. Obviously you probably didn't see any of the heccess stuff today, but your own military career, your stant successful stan very successful stint in the eighteenth and then you know Douglas count itself. Because I've got to tell you, I'm privileged to try cases a lot of places in this state, and I love them all. Douglas County is one of my favorites. It's it's just as you know that, the county itself, the courthouse, everything about it. I just think, like John before you, you're a perfect fit for it.
Speaker 2: You know what's interesting about Douglas is it's very conservative. It definitely shows some signs of bluing, especially in highlands ranch in like the House District forty three area. But it's not a place that most civil attorneys, PLANEFF attorneys want to come. As you know, most civil attorneys feel like I'm going I'm going to get a better jury and in Denver or maybe in Boulder Adams or something like that. But you've proven time and again when you come down here that if if you can talk to smart, educated, you know, valued principled people, you can get great results for your clients. These are just great neighbors to have.
Speaker 1: You know wonderful people, and I know you've had the same experience. One of my great regrets is that we have an at the chance to try a case together, because I know what a great trial lawyer you are. But every trial lawyer knows everybody who's served on a jury knows a fundamental truth. All jurors are smart everywhere. It doesn't matter if they have one year education fifty years education. They're all smart everywhere, and it's just a matter of being able to go into wherever you are and just tell the true story in an effective way there, which you have always been wonderful at. So will you be in I already know the answer to this question without you telling me, But will you be in the courtroom in Douglas?
Speaker 2: Well? Yeah, So I reached out to my Chief of County court that's all the misdemeanors to uys and all that, because I thought there'd be a better answer to this. But I said, hey, grab me up something in week one. I want to be in the court right trying the case. Was one of these junior guys, kind of like way back in the day when Bob Er and I did that. Yeah, remember that now? Do.
Speaker 1: We talk about it all the time.
Speaker 2: I push it through that. Yeah, so I tried that turns out we had nothing this week. Next week, I'm hopeful I put myself on a shaken baby case in February and then their hicular homicide that has yet to be set. But my intention is to lead from the front. I'm not going to Obama this thing.
Speaker 1: See that that is wonderful. George Brockler obviously our guest, the very first district attorney of the newly created twenty third And that's great, and you're going to be more fulfilled, the people of the county be well served because it's hard to imagine a better trial er than you. And that's just great for everybody, right because everybody listening knows, whether they do that for a job or not, that trial is hard work. Trial's tough, and so you know, when you lead by example like that, it's going to help the whole office.
Speaker 2: I hope, so, but I also hope, and I don't want people to take this the wrong way, But I also hope, and I said this in my comments today. Fun right, Like, we do have cases where you're dealing with the worst of the worst humanity, but you also have cases where you get exposed to some of the best of humanity and you happen to represent the Castillo's and their son is one of the examples of when you get to see the best of humans. But in between there are a lot of opportunities to do great work for the victims in the community but still have fun. And I love trial because as intense as it is, every trial and you know that leads to some kind of crazy story that you end up telling with friends over at barbecue and a beer or something and they're like, no way, and you're like, yeah way. Every time you know.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's kind of and everybody listening, in their own life and their own chosen paths, has whatever it is that gives them that maximum joy and fulfillment, and that can be found in the midst of all these tragedies when you feel like you've really been able to do justice for somebody going through something horrible. And so in a DA's office, obviously you have that opportunity all the time, but talk's cheap. You got to do the work, You got to go in, you got to try the case, and you know you have a history of doing that, like John before you, and I have no doubt your team is going to follow your lead. And from what I've been hearing from John, You've got a lot of great people.
Speaker 2: We kind of post a lot of the best and the brightest from Arapa Ho. I know John was regretful about that at the time. I think he's given up on that now. But I was very fortunate. And a lot of this has to do with Douglas County being so favorable and so supportive and putting together the best team possible. He brought up doing great things. One of the most moving things about today, and it was packed in the jury commissioners room in Douglas Canton. I was given some comments. Is the number of victims from past cases, from Aurora to Stem to Cody Donahue, the troop of that got killed on the overn that came to this thing. Wow, and came up to me and said, I'm so proud of you, thank you. I'll never forget what you did for me, And I remember I didn't. You know, you get overwhelmed. And I imagine even clients that you had years later when they reached back out and say thank you for what you've done. And you think I love this job, man, I love the opportunity to just bring just a little bit of comfort to these people.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's obviously a great testament you because you know they're going through the absolute worst moment in their lives or anybody's life. You know, when when you're involved in helping him in every way you can. So yeah, and I've always said I think, short of President of the United States, the most important vote anybody ever casts is for their local district attorney. And because you talk about real impact on your life, positive or negative, it's the quality of that DA. So people on really good hands with you, my friend and I. I hope we can keep getting you on air. I hope you can come in and do the show occasionally, though I know you're going to be pretty slammed.
Speaker 2: Happy to do it. And please just keep a seat warm for me for whether it's four or eight years, I'm going to be an intern again.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'd tell you I would love to try a case with you, and I have dreamed also of trying cases with John and we're going to have him on tomorrow and talk about that in some more detail. But hey man, congrats on it all. Full disclosure. I supported George's campaign and wrote whatever small check they allow you to, right, but best money I could spend, because you are going to get it done, my friend, and the best of luck with it.
Speaker 2: Thanks sir, Hi to Kelly and Ryan too.
Speaker 1: I will do that. Take care of that is George Brockler. So you know, Douglas has been very fortunate. They've had a string of really good das through the eighteenth and George through the eighteenth, followed by John Brockler. John Brockler, we'll have laugh about that tomorrow. John Kellner following George who then was the DA for Douglas and had great success Era and now George, and man, that is just so critical in so many ways. You want to exhibit a Hey, look at Denver, right, the great people of Denver deserve a lot better than they've had with with Beth McCann and my humble opinion and all that stuff. They're about to get a DA who I think is going to do a real good job, and he's an elected Democrat. This is not a party thing necessarily, because you have those elected das who are Democrats, who, in my opinion, then let politics influence and political philosophy, you know, influence prosecutorial decisions, and then all of a sudden you have criminals running wild in the communities in more danger my humble opinion, that's what happened with Beth McCann. Then all of a sudden, your police officers don't have what they need, that people don't have what they need. Criminals figure out that hey, they can get off easy in Denver often, and then you have elected Democrats who don't go that political route, who just stand up, take on that sacred responsibility and do a great job. I think the next Denver DA is going to do that. We'll find out together. You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Literally, and that must be what the angels sound like. Have you ever thought about that in a turn to be religious or anything. Have you ever thought about what goes on up there, what Helen's really like, what it looks like, and you know, what goes on down there? I mean, yeah, and we're seeing a lot of what goes on down there up here, but we see a lot of what goes on up there down here too. So that's deep. Well, that's deep.
Speaker 3: There's a working theory Dan that actually we souls here on this planet Earth. This is purgatory. This is the in between stage. I'm just saying there are people that believe.
Speaker 1: That, not me, because the way I look at it is particularly this is we're a lot of rewinners, right, We're born in America. I mean, this is in heaven. This isn't our home, This isn't our destination, right, you know, but this is pretty awesome. I mean, we're we are created for this opportunity, and yeah, so I think this is pretty pretty awesome. But yeah, not our destination. I think in our destination depends on what we do here there. It is yeah, five five four zero five eight two five five The number takes d a N five seven seventh three nine. And I respect the fact that that a lot of people disagree with that. That's just what I have and to believe, Texters, and I've got to I've got to tell you this. And I know it doesn't show in the way I always do things, but it's not just what I believe. It's what I know, which is part of what scares me, right, because I'm really blessed. Part of it is my parents, some life experiences everything else. But I just I just know that is true. So you would think I would do some things better, but yeah, it's just you just know it's true. And so eight five five or zero five A two five five text d a N five seven seven three nine. And it really does make me wonder, you know, it makes me wonder about a guy like Joe Biden, right because I look at myself and I feel very, very blessed to have been raised by my parents and to uh, you know, be raised in the Catholic faith and all of that. Not to in any way, shape or form reflect on anybody else's faith, you know, it's but I just feels so fortunate that way. And I sit here and I know what an imperfect Catholic I am. I'm not proud of that. I'm working on it. I'm a work in progress. But then you look at a guy like Joe Biden who comes out and to get votes and everything else. I'm a devout Catholic, devout Catholic, self described devout Catholic, and then uses all these gifts God gave him in the position that he's put in then to do everything he possibly can to work against the foundational teaching of the Catholic Church. And you just wonder, because do you ever worry do you ever worry about like Judgment Day? Yeah, okay, no, I don't mean sure.
Speaker 4: It's like studying for a test.
Speaker 3: And then you're like, I don't know, maybe yeah.
Speaker 1: The only thing I can be sure of is I'm not sure, and I mean, I know it's coming, but I want more mercy than justice. I'm sure don't want justice because justice means I get what's due to me. I don't want what's due to me. I want mercy. But you think about that Judgment Day. And I've always wondered about these politicians that run around saying I'm Catholic, vote for me, and then their most fervent commitment is to spreading the mass killing of God's creation before they're born. And I just wonder do they have no thought of Judgment Day? Because when you get to the abortion issue, and I've got some other stuff to talk about, believe it or not, But when you get to the abortion issue, you can completely separate out religious beliefs, and at that point abortion is still as obviously wrong for completely non religious reasons. You just start with the basic medicine and basic morality and basic right and wrong. But for the people who choose to get elected to office by saying I'm a Catholic, I'm a Catholic, I'm a Catholic, or I'm a Christian, I'm a Christian, I'm a Christian. Then they go do the exact opposite with the power people give them. Do they ever even think about judgment day? You think you think Biden thinks about that now as he gets closer and closer and listen, we're all day to day, we could all be minutes away. But do you think he thinks about that? I don't think he thinks about these days. Well, I think we just had one confirm, one question confirmed. And I had always been concerned that Michelle Obama might run for president against President Trump, and I'm glad that she did not. I think that if she had run and run right, she would have by far been the toughest to beat. Do I think that after Butler, that Trump, the tremendous way he handled that, etc. Would have beat her. I think he probably would have, But she would have been infinitely tougher than anybody else if she ran right. But I think the hope that she would not run because she couldn't stomach losing to Donald Trump, or even the possibility she'd lose to Trump. Was just confirmed because one of the real low class moves politically speaking in a long time. She's not going to go to the inauguration that was just announced, and so I think that confirms the earlier theory and really does not reflect well on her. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.