Speaker 1: This is the baseline, discussing the hot button topics of the NBA. Welcome everybody, you're tuned to the baseline. Cali Warnshaw discussing the hot button topics of the NBA. Little chili up here, but that does not mean that is plenty hot when we talk in NBA action.
Speaker 2: The NBA culture.
Speaker 1: Essentially, the NBA Shaw is the gift that keeps on giving, whether it's on the court, off the court, in the camera, off the camera. I mean, there is so much going on, you know what I'm saying. Obviously, Saint Nick has got his eyes on the game a little bit. He's sprinkling a lot of joy and chaos. He's like, I want you all to really appreciate what I go through around this time of the year. So let me do this to what you guys typically like to follow and you know what I'm saying, and talk and conversation about. Let me give you a little bit of that that Christmas magic sodes beginning. It's not even we're not even talking about the Christmas Day games, which I'm sure we're gonna preview that when we do our next episode, right.
Speaker 3: No, man, Well, the weather being a little brisk is appropriate, but again the NBA actions thaying hot as also appropriate as a you know, NBA cup stuff is here, that's in you know, the bomby City of Las Vegas on a regular basis. And I just love the fact that the game continues to give us content upon content upon content for us to keep our show running, you know, at an optimal level, that we even can be nominated for some awards. Let's don't want to bring you know, want to talk about it too too soon. But but you.
Speaker 2: Just did, I said, I said, I mean talk about you.
Speaker 1: See you you were the child right that when you you you even though they say it you gotta wait until December the twenty fifth, you beat that child, that'd be like, you know, tearing at the present.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, tearing at the rappers just just just a little bit.
Speaker 3: Is that? Oh I I did used to do that. I can't even I used to be very very big on my Christmas vibes and wanting to know what I can what I was gonna get. I couldn't wait. But again, I think the league is just really diving into kind of like truly the Christmas spirit, even like the commercials and stuff that are going on and bringing back, you know kind of you know that that jingle Jingle Jam commercial that they had from years ago, but they now they animated it and put it in with Wenby and Tatum and new guys and Luca who weren't in the original. Stuff Like it's it's a festive time around the NBA, and we're here to cover it all.
Speaker 1: Absolutely well, it is a festive time more importantly, not just for the baseline NBA podcast, but also for you know, the FAM's entity, nineteen Media Group, you know, and I'm sure as you were just alluding to it a moment ago. You know again, Man, when I tell people that nineteen Media Group be running these content streets, I just genuinely think people don't understand where I'm coming from. But when you as a entity are being nominated, you know, amongst a majority of great content creators that are out there in different spaces, on different platforms, well, you're being nominated for what you do, what you cover, what you discuss, as among one of the best that's out there doing it. I don't care who you are, I don't care what space you come from, I don't care how you know long you've been doing it, how short of the time you've been doing it, the fact that you're being acknowledged for doing it.
Speaker 2: I think speaks volume.
Speaker 1: So, you know, without further ado, right, like again, the Baseline NBA Podcast is proud to announce that we've been nominated for the Best Basketball Podcast for the second consecutive year by the Sports Podcast Awards. Shaw, you and I, you know, for as long as we've been doing it, we are always, you know, humbled, and we will always never take for granted, you know, the effort and the work that we put into in order to allow our listeners, you know, to open up this community, to open up this and I think, you know, we want to make sure that we acknowledge the listeners who have put us in this position to allow the Sports Podcast Awards Committee to put us in that position right to say, hey, you guys are one of the best that's out there. And again we're just truly on and privileged to be recognized among sunch talented podcasts. And we're always grateful for the continued and growing support of the Baseline podcast community, but more importantly the nineteen Media Group community as well too. So you know, again that time of the year where we're calling on all of our baseliners, you know, to rock with us, get out there in full force, show your support.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: We encourage you to go to tiny url dot com slash Baseline twenty twenty five so you can cast your vote and select your boy cal Lee my Man warren Shaw the Baseline NBA podcast as the best basketball podcast.
Speaker 2: You know for twenty twenty five for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: And I'd be remissed if we didn't also acknowledge a couple of our colleagues because they have also been put into this space as well too. Want to send a big shout outs to our family Gimmick Infringement. They again have been nominated for the Best Wrestling Podcast amongst the Sports Podcast Awards Committee. We did this last year with them, and we're just always, you know, so proud of the growth and you know, the content that they always continually keep putting out. Man, they're one of the best that's out there. So we want to make sure that if you're a wrestling listener or someone who's interested in listening to wrestling talk and the culture of it, these guys are the best at doing it. So we encourage you to also check out gimmick Infringement and then also a big, big shout out. Man, he's one of our He's our little brother.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna say little son, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, We're gonna do that, but he's he's He's definitely someone that has grown so much in his ability to curate such a great podcast hip to the games our man Desmond Powell. He has also been nominated in our category among one of the best basketball podcasts that's out there. Such a unique twist on his ability to merge the culture of hip hop and the game of basketball in his show to put him in this position, we want to send a big shout out to him. Sean and I know about you know what I'm saying, the chemistry that we have. He's come on to our show and has helped co host and you know, been a special guest, you know, from time to time.
Speaker 2: So it's just great, man, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: We're not only helping to build out that space, but we can also share that space with our contemporaries, our colleagues, and we want to see them succeed as well too. So you know, listen, big shout out to the nineteen Media Group family, because it's clear and obvious. Man, we got content creators that be running the streets.
Speaker 2: Bro. So you know, I love it. I just absolutely love it.
Speaker 3: It's hard not to. So all I can say is, you know, double down on what you just indicated the game make a friends when fellas are they are special, special special dudes. And if you knew, and I do know, the work they put behind their show, so they deserve all of these accolades and all of the attention, you know, for their show in this very very prestigious and very very competitive category you know, of wrestling, when you have celebrity wrestlers and celebrity players that kind of doing all this and entering the podcast space. It's so important for nineteen Media Group of kind of homegrown talent, you know, to be recognized in the way that we have been. And in certainly last but not least, you know what Desmond pal has been able to do. Again, the amount of work he puts into his show, the amount of time he puts into the production, the thought he puts into the production. There's this It's like you said, he's a young man, but he's an old soul and it's really amazing to watch that work ethic be rewarded with this nomination. I'm so proud of him, so proud of our network and the things that we have already accomplished and things that we are going to accomplish as a network with everybody in toil Man, so amazing, amazing shout out. Hip to the games can be infringement. And of course you my brother holding it down here with the baseline. You know what is this year thirteen, year twelve, I'm lost in it. Either a consecutive back to back nominations for us Man and that's amazing accomplishment as well.
Speaker 1: Listen, nothing more can be said, but what can be done is making sure that our listeners, you know, again, show that love and support to each and every single one of you know, our nominees that have been entered into that space, you know. And again, you know, we're not saying you gotta love the baseline, you know what I'm saying, far from it. There are some also great shows that are out there, and maybe that show is you know, the show that you probably listen to more so than us. But we do want to welcome you right to our space. Take a listen to some of our episodes, our shows where we're coming from, and help, you know, again, open up this community, build it out out more. We want people voting, we want people engaged, and we want people active. So you know, again, don't let this just be about a campaign about us saying hey, Coe, go vote for the baseline NBA podcast.
Speaker 2: We love that.
Speaker 1: There's nothing more that we want of that, but we also want to vote more importantly, to be present and accounted for, because then it speaks to the Sports Podcast Awards Committee to say, hey, there's a community out here. There's a large community out here that deserves that recognition. And I think one of the cool things about our relationship Shaw is we've always walked into this saying it's not just about winning these awards. It's about helping to open up that space so that we fit in with what we do. And we have people that we know who've listened to us. They feel like there's a space for them as well too. There's a voice for them and how they cover the NBA, how they discuss the NBA because all too often to not it's always being controlled by the big markets. And I'm not dissing them. You know what I'm saying a about that. What I'm saying is we want to make sure that those other markets are getting the same acknowledgment and the same recognition, because what they're doing is no different than what you see on the ESPNS and the cbs IS and the NBC's. The only difference is is that they just aren't out there as much. They're they're not flooding all of the online mediums that are being utilized and stuff. But here we are, and here are shows like gimmick infringement, shows like a hip to the games that keeps this thriving community robust and keeps them out there in the eye. And I think that to me, you know, hopefully one day, you know, these the sports genre will acknowledge and recognize how vital we are. You know, we represent a population of people that at times get missed, you know what I'm saying, Like they get overlooked.
Speaker 2: They don't, they don't they don't give them up platform.
Speaker 3: Let's let's you know, not necessarily close loop on it, but there's I will say this one thing to kind of address it. I think we're at the stage I think in the industry like keeping in a buck where there does need to be delineation from network produced, player produced versus kind of your independent brands. And there's a lot of independent people who are doing amazing numbers and you know, they are getting hundreds and thousands of you know, views and likes and listens and downloads and things of that nature. But they are homegrown and you know, kudos in respect to them, But for our network, you know, where that's not necessarily the case. But to even be mentioned in the same category as you know on some of the more robust networks out there, with some of the more robust names out there. Remember we were in this category last year with JJ Reddick and Draymond.
Speaker 1: Green, Like, I mean, let's keep it a buck, Like that's crazy, you know.
Speaker 3: So as the industry continues to change, not to turn this into a podcast conference and referendum here, but conversations can be had, probably should be had about the various arenas in which the talented work can be recognized. And that's not a vain, you know, approach and just trying to like tootor own home here. I think that's just kind of where the industry is at. I think there's a lot of people who would agree. So anyway, we got to get to the content at hand, the reason why we were nominated for Set award.
Speaker 1: Right, absolutely, yes, indeed, thank you for bringing us.
Speaker 2: Back to the fold.
Speaker 1: See I take us all the way up and my man Shaw just levels us out. That's that's that's how that's how we do. That's that's that's how.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. What do they call that? Give and go? That's the give and go. I know that's an outdated play.
Speaker 1: We don't do that no more in this NBA, but I still think it has some.
Speaker 2: Viability even in this generation. Right, the give and go? All right?
Speaker 1: As my man Shaw said, Man, we got some really important stuff to get to go over. Obviously, we want to be able to preview this upcoming Emirates NBA Cup Finals, which is going to feature the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Milwaukee Bucks. People are already leaning into that idea is because this possibly be an NBA Finals matchup.
Speaker 2: Whoa whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I do think for the purposes of the NBA Cup, this is gonna be a very intriguing matchup. And we'll give our perspective on our predictions on who's gonna ultimately win it. Then you know, listen, man, the wheels were turning.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: This is what happens when you down a couple shots of good English rum in the in the process of being in the spirit, and your spirit just takes you to these different places. Right, Like, so much is going on now that trade season has opened up in the n b A, right, and there's already been a couple of moves that have taken place, And we'll discuss the move of Thomas Bryant being going over to the Indian Indiana Pacers, and we'll also talk about I don't want to say it's like a blockbuster trade, but it's a significant trade where Dennis Schroeder is going to the Golden State Warriors for the Anthony Melton and some ex exchange of picks. But there's an interesting concept that I wanted to throw out there. It's it's been in different spaces, so shout outs, and I don't want to, you know, be biting off of people, but I do think that it's interesting that, you know, we don't do this enough, probably for basketball, but we're gonna do a little cuddle merry trash. It's an interesting concept. We'll explain to you when we get to that point. But that means you got to hang on with us, let us get through our thing, pay some bills.
Speaker 2: But obviously this is.
Speaker 1: The kind of episode that I think you should be listening from the beginning to the end, isn't it not?
Speaker 3: Shaw always always, always consume all the minutes of the Baseline NBA podcast.
Speaker 1: Absolutely so as always be sure to get my Man show, Astro Sports, NBA, Get at Me a game Face Leader shows, Twitter, and an NBA Baseline available on major platforms.
Speaker 2: You know where to find us. Go to www.
Speaker 1: Dot The Baseline NBA dot com in order to check out not just this episode, but all of our episodes that we have in the archives. And then if you see us on YouTube TV and you see the blue and white logo, you know that we rocks with the nineteen Media Group Family. Nineteen Media Group be running these content streets, So be sure to go to www. Got Nineteenmediagroup dot com to not only check us, but the family, a great content creator that we have as part of the network for your listening pleasure. Whatever you want to listen to, I can guarantee you ninety media group has got something for your listening pleasures. Should be sure to check out the family. All right, Shaw, Let's get right into it. Emirates NBA Cup Finals is now upon us. The finals is set. We're talking Oklahoma City Thunder versus the Milwaukee Bucks.
Speaker 2: Jaw.
Speaker 1: The first question that I want to ask you about this particular matchup is who needs this Cup more? Oklahoma City Thunder or the Milwaukee Bucks. And I know that we had talked about this a little bit when we did our previews of the semis.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry the quarters, but maybe some.
Speaker 1: Of that has changed now when we've seen how these two guys have played in the knockout, how these two teams have played in the knockout rounds right and have put themselves in this position to be in the finals. So I'm going to re ask this question now with enough information and to determine that they are the finalists.
Speaker 2: Who needs this more?
Speaker 3: My original answer was okay See going into the semis, if you recall and shout out, you know, I will say I've been perfect in my predictions and I did predict okay See would beat Milwaukee, And.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry Sean, I don't.
Speaker 1: I can't reach far enough to dust you know what I'm saying, to dust the thing, to leave your.
Speaker 2: Shoulder in a little bit, give me that little.
Speaker 3: But we know Ball, right, and we know Ball, and you know, I think again some of their narratives while Houston a little messy, but they're here. I mean they got here. And then obviously he got beat by okay See. As we head to the Cup final, I think again, I'm still gonna stay with okay See. But there's there's something permeating in Milwaukee. Uh. I know Jannis wants to win this joint. He wants to be you know, the Cup and VP and all of that. And I think in some semblance of kind of weird validation for where the Bucks are, and you know, especially where they've come already from this season, Dame and Giannis winning it with Doc at the Helm, with kind of like their new cadence, with Milton as more of a six man type of thing, Adereen coming in as a you know this, you know this mercenary three point shooter, and they just kind of found a rhythm to what they're doing. This Bucks team can really use this as a way to say, Hi, we can win something at you know, elevated stages that can propel them to be the contender that a lot of us thought they were going to be going into this season that they didn't start off with. So I think they've rounded into form. And I think most people's money would probably still still say Milwaukee because Damon Giannis haven't done it together. I'm still going to say, Okay, see from the aspect of, you know, as a young team that is hanging their principles on defense but behind a true MVP canon and SGA, and they haven't even gotten to the conference finals or anything like that yet too. Them winning something means a little bit more for me, just a smidge more than it does for Milwaukee. But both narratives are different, but they both have viability if you're asking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, I'm gonna just keep it as simple as I possibly can. I really do think that the Milwaukee Bucks need to win this to your point, but I think the reason why they need to win this SHAW is not for a lot of the reasons that you mentioned, albeit they are very valid reasons. I just simply think, and I go back to this about Giannis. I said that if we want to buy into the idea that the Milwaukee Bucks really do want to get to the NBA Championship, They really want to give people a reason to fear not wanting to play the Milwaukee Bucks. We need the gyanis Atatukoumpo. That was not twenty nineteen win the chip. I'm talking everything that led up to that twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now, during the beginning of this year.
Speaker 1: We've seen some you know, little instances of you know, him playfully being like that guy again where you know he's gonna be a holish to other stars, other people that are getting the limelight sort of speak. And whether or not that's tongue in cheek, I don't know. Obviously, as you get older, Shaw, your mentality changes. Right, he has a family. You know, he's already acknowledged among one of the great power forwards of our generation. Right Like, he's already he's already hit certain heights that has elevated him into particular space. I do think though, that if you're trying to validate a level of greatness, which some guys after a while can say, you know what, I'm great where I am and that's okay, ain't nobody takes ain't nowayly gonna make lesser of what he's doing. But I think if he still wants to be in those combinations, those conversations among being one of the most dominant players in the prime of his career, he has to go back and exhibit that level of aggressiveness that put him in the position that he did prior.
Speaker 2: To these last couple of seasons.
Speaker 1: And some of it may be injuries, some of it may be the chemistry, some of it may be the politics going on with the type of team.
Speaker 2: That had that they've built around him.
Speaker 1: But I ultimately think that what we're talking about here, Shaw is we are still gonna say for the Oklahoma City Thunder, the road to greatness for the Thunder will be what we see from SGA. And to your point, this is the year probably that SGA should win an MVP.
Speaker 2: Trophy, right because of just the.
Speaker 1: Efficiency and the lethality that he goes out there and execute. He is cerebral. He is like the quiet assassin. You know, when Yokic goes and dominates numbers, it resonates because everyone's like, oh my god. But when SGA, you look at these numbers, you're like, holy crap, I didn't realize he did all of this.
Speaker 2: I didn't know his across the board.
Speaker 1: Everything he's doing, literally are the kind of things that we said four years ago when Westbrook was doing it. We were shouting from the rooftop that he should be the MVP, right, But Sga is literally kind of doing the same thing. Oh and by the way, his team is eaten and thriving as well too, because they are literally both offensively and defensively.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So I come within knowing this is what you're gonna get with the OKC, because this is what they are now, like we have now they have ascended without even needing to win the Cup that they legitimately are gonna be that team. It's just a matter of are they good enough to do it against guys that are gonna be a mised match problem. And the only time that you're gonna see a mismatch problem in this tournament is if they run up to the likes of someone like a Janna Santa Takumpo. And I'm gonna tell you this right now, if Isaiah Hartenstein is able to body up, you know what I'm saying, Janna Santa to Cumpo not stop him, steimy him, make Gianni's struggle, make Yiannis not be the person that we're saying that we think he can he's capable of being against his OKAC Thunder team. Then I'm gonna begin to question what kind of team the Milwaukee Bucks will be for the rest of the season, because they gotta figure out a way to get that right. They gotta figure out a way to open him up. He's got to figure out a way to be the most dominant player on the court. He doesn't have to be the best player, but he has to be the most dominant player. And so that to me is what resonates with why the Bucks need to win it more. Giannis has to go out there and he's got to basically put his foot on the necks of the Oklahoma City Thunder to let people know that it doesn't matter who we are matched up against. If I'm on my a game, nobody is stopping us because we are going to find a way to win that game. And I know people want it to be about Damian Lillard and Dame time in the fourth quarter, but I'm telling you right now, nobody can stop a Giannis when Giannis is in his bag.
Speaker 3: Well, I think the what OKC has to do is they kind of have to you know, not the wall of off type of situation, but they're going to have to double him and swarm him. I think at times what Milwaukee's doing is different is that they're moving Giannis around. Yes, there are times where he's just kind of bully ball and you know, getting up the break and just driving, you know, at nauseum if you will, kind of Batterian Ram style. But in the half court offense, they are putting him in pick and roll and getting him moving with momentum. Wish is a lot harder to stop when he's just kind of like just trying to drill in and kind of do it by himself. So to back up your points, I a little bit more too. No matter if Doc Rivers loses this, all the things that Doc Rivers can't win things, it's gonna come up again. So not regard you know what I mean, it would be nice for Doc to get something, even if it is this. None of this for Doc Daan or Jannis or legacy building, but they could be confidence building. And I think a lot of statement what the statement makes about for both of these teams.
Speaker 1: Yes, statement making right, this this is a statement making game.
Speaker 2: We want to listen. We've had some some you know, we had.
Speaker 1: A man uh Nagara on right when we did the previews and he was still high on the Milwaukee Bucks, and I was on board with him. If if the settiment was what we're seeing from the Milwaukee Bucks over these.
Speaker 2: Last couple of games.
Speaker 1: And I want people to understand, what we're not talking about is just about the wins. What we're talking about is what the numbers are dictating as to how Jannis is going out there and is dominating the game right, even in his losing efforts. And we talk about we talked, I think this was the reason why he became you know, babyface Yiannis, because he's going out there putting these astronomical numbers in losing efforts, and all we're saying is, damn, can somebody help a brother out?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Can somebody help out Giannis.
Speaker 1: This is why we were crying for Chris Middleton to step up in the playoffs. This is why they were you know, that's why they had to get a Drew Holliday, right, They needed somebody to help take the burden off of certain things that you are just naturally asking Giannis to go out and do, and he can't do that if his full commitment is to go out there and punish the opposing team on the offensive side of the ball, that you're asking to go back and block shots and do all that other stuff. And we listen, we look at the metrics, and the metrics are very deceiving. Look at the numbers that Brook Lopez is given you over the last few years, look at the numbers that you get from body portis It isn't as if when you look at this Milwaukee Bucks team that they don't have a legitimate roster that can be as competitive as everyone else. But the problem is is that it almost looks like for most of the guys that are on this roster, they have peaked. They have peaked, and now you're dealing with teams in which they haven't even.
Speaker 2: Hit their prime.
Speaker 1: Which is why if you run against against the Boston Celtics, you're gonna run into a brick wall because you know that there's probably another level that Jason Tatum can go to.
Speaker 2: You know that there's probably another level that Jason.
Speaker 3: Run from this standpoint, I think I love what you said about in terms of the talent is peaked, but what the talent has not done is meshed. And you know, Giannis had indicated that, like there's a trust level now that wasn't there even at the beginning of this year, especially with he and Dames specifically, they felt like it was your turn, my turn, or whatever. I really have to look at the tape to really kind of understand the nuances of that that specific statement. But knowing that they are involved in pick and roll a lot more and they are playing off each other better than we've ever seen. Dame seems to be passing the ball and knowing where guys want to be even outside of Gianni's more than he did last year. All those things I think are still relevant. So your statement is so super on point. Yes, the talent speak, but the chemistry did not, And there was still room for the chemistry for the Bucks to grow. And that's what we're starting to see the signs of, even with Doc on the sidelines as well too, him maturing to this role and this iteration of who the Bucks were as a coach, as a legendary coach that he is. But he didn't really understand how to get everything in line now and that seems to be the case now. So I'll take it to you as you did to me the last time we talked about the Cup. Your prediction, okay see or the Milwaukee Bucks.
Speaker 2: I think, Okayce is gonna win this.
Speaker 1: I just think that there is a level that the Oklahoma City Thunder has that I don't know whether or not the Milwaukee Bucks have had have been fortunate to run into so far in this part of the tournament. Now, it's kind of misleading because the tournament it gets commingled with the games that are on the on the docket, and I think going into the tournament, it'll be interesting to see what version of the Milwaukee Bucks comes out and competes right based off of who they've been dealing with. But I can just tell you right now, when I'm watching this OKAC Thunder team, man, I don't want to I don't want to try it when I make this comparison. I don't want to make this comparison to tell people, oh, you know, they got Kevin Durant, they got to Russell Westbrook, and they got a James Harden.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is is that the youth, the youth.
Speaker 1: Uprising of the okac Thunder reminds me a lot like that twenty eleven team where you know that you got your number one guy playing at a high level, and you got these two guys that are on to come up with Williams and now you know, and you got a heart and stem, which is very you know, reminds a lot of people of you know, Ibaka and Adams and like you just kind of get that sense that this is a team that I'm from a is very well rounded and they can only continue to get better and hopefully okay see recognizes this. Don't mess around and f up the chemistry that's going on with these guys, because I think it's going to go a long way in the way that we determine how far the Oklahoma City Thunder can go even this year, possibly to get to the NBA Finals out of the Western Conference. But I think a good way for us to measure how efficient and effective and a well oiled machine they are is if they figure out a way to run through the Milwaukee Bucks.
Speaker 2: So I'm taking the Bucks.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm taking the Oklahoma City Thunder in this particular matchup. I just think that as a team, they're going to force the Milwaukee Bucks to have other guys go out there and score. And again, to the point that I mentioned a little bit earlier that peaked talent, I don't know whether or not they're going to be there when it matters the most to hit those clutch shots.
Speaker 2: When Okac goes on their runs.
Speaker 3: You already know wheightse Then I picked Okac to win it from the very beginning against the Milwaukee Bucks. How was my prediction? Why would I change that? Now there's no injuries, so Oka see, I think gets done. I will see what ends up happening here on NBA Cup Finals on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Absolutely your tune to the baseline. Alle Warrenshaw discussing the hot button topics of the NBA coming up. I like this one man, We're gonna do a little Marrycuddle trash. Oh. I cannot wait to tell you guys what this is all about. But with so much going on in the NBA, man, it would be remissed if we didn't discuss some of the trades that are happening because trade season is opening up. But first, are you craving NonStop hoops action. NBA League Pass is your ticket to the ultimate basketball experience. Enjoy live games, on demand replays, and exclusive behind the scenes content across a variety of devices. With the NBA League Pass, you'll get more access to your favorite NBA content.
Speaker 2: The holiday season is here.
Speaker 1: An NBA League Pass is a perfect gift solution for every every every basketball frame. Man, excuse me, stay up with the NBA like the baseline does. Sign up now and type link dot NBA dot com slash LP nineteen mg. Once again, that's link dot NBA slash LP nineteen mg. This limited time offers the perfect opportunity to attrack fans eager to catch every thrilling moment of the NBA season. More Baseline Cali Warrenshaw, don't go anywhere. We're back Cali Warrenshaw Baseline NBA Podcast. All right, let's talk a little bit of the trades that have recently taken place. You know, my manshaw is listen, there's a method to their madness, right, and you've spoken about this. You just don't open up this kind of timeline, this deadline and not think that an executive or executives are going to be kicking the tires around trying to get something done well before the actual NBA trade deadline is up, which doesn't happen until when like February, right end of February literally, so you know, we're in this situation. We're in this space, Shaw, where we should keep our eyes open for certain teams that are gonna be making some key moves. And one team that we thought and you had predicted this as well too, the Indiana Pacers. They clearly needed to do something. They needed to you know, at a little at a little what do you call it octane in there, you know what I'm saying, in their fuel tank to get kickstarted.
Speaker 2: This is a team that has struggled so far this season.
Speaker 1: Shaw definitely not the team that they were last year, even going into the NBA Cup. So they decided to make a move and they were able to acquire Thomas Bryant. What are your thoughts about this move and this has really helped the Indiana Pacers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was let me start from the tom this Bryant point. I saw my heat meat today and asked him. I was like, like, basically, bro, why'd you come back? He wasn't getting minutes there. They drafted Kalel where I was just like, this doesn't really seem like a situation that's conducive to you. But he gave me the politically correct answer, you know, like, hey, you know the team here that we can really build something, et cetera, et cetera. You know, they appreciate what I do bring to this thing, and I think I'll have a chance to compete a minutes. Well, that did not end up coming to be. To keep me the case, Indiana loses two centers if you will, for them to injury, and so they've been really thin at that spot. You know, here comes now a perfect opportunity Thomas Bryant to at least or probably twelve to fifteen minutes a night in the backup center role. A perfect compliment in a lot of ways to to Miles Turner, because while he can space the floor and he can be a decent rebounder, he does have a little bit of wiggle down in the post. I wouldn't say he's a great post player, but he can give them another dimension in that space, especially if Siakam is not down there doing what he does. So I like to move for Indiana. I like to move for Miami, you know, freeing him up, if you will, to getting him out of jail and whatever was going on with him and Spulster there. It's a great opportunity, to think for the Pacers to shure their front court. And you know, maybe this leaves of some other things, but I think, as I said a couple of weeks ago, they needed to do something for this bench, and I think this is a great first step.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's an interesting move that that's being made. It's definitely not you know, it's definitely not a how do I say this?
Speaker 2: It doesn't tilt the tilt the.
Speaker 1: Scales, you know, the landscape of what needs to take place, you know, for the for the Indiana Pacers. But I do think that they do need to help, you know, relieve a lot of the load that they're putting on Miles Turner. And I'm sure, uh, you know, Rick Carlisle, it recognizes it now. Fortunately enough, you know, for the Pacers. You know, they're hanging around at eight eight spot as far as the Eastern Conference goes, and you know, I don't know whether or not they're gonna they're going to really have any steam to to catch up with you know, the Cleveland Cavaliers, who clearly right now the class you know of that division. But I do think that they, you know, think that they can be able to compete with the Milwaukee Bucks. So listen, there's still room for you know, opportunity there. But I'm sure they need to separate themselves from the Chicago Bulls, right because even with that Bulls roster that they have, you can make the argument that be like, hey, the Bulls probably may be a better team that can you know, usurp the Indiana Pacers if they decide to keep the players that they have and they all stay healthy.
Speaker 2: That's the big question.
Speaker 3: I mean again, I know, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get what I mean, like just just because of the way that the standings are reflective of But we'll see, right Like to your point, this is an opportunity more for Thomas Brian. It it really is about the Pacers, Like Thomas Brian has an opportunity here to really you know, kind of show and proof, you know, because we've seen a lot of guys who go to different destinations, We're expecting to get certain minutes and you know, they wind up you know, further down the depth chart than probably what it's originally intended and like, right now he's getting what two point one mil. That's a drop in the bucket for most teams. If they realize that there's better potential with someone that's coming out of their G league or someone that they've had, you know, coming out of camp, they put them in a certain game situation and all of a sudden they become a spark plug, you know what I mean, And they're just like, all right, we want to kind of ride that momentum, see where that goes. So you know, we'll see what happens there, all right, Shaw. So the next big move that obviously is gonna be talked about, and I guess part of me is just like I'm wondering, is this it? If you're the Golden State Warriors, Like this is your big play? They somehow were able to work a deal to bring Dennis Schroeder from the Brooklyn Nets over to the Golden State Warriors. Now, the draft pick seaw, I'll let you speak to that part of it, because maybe there's some significance within there. The only thing that's significant is really the players move right, Like so the Anthony Melton goes over right, and then some of the swap picks are Atlanta picks, and I believe there is a there's a Warrior's pick involved in the swap, but ultimately the Warriors going after and getting Dennis Shrewder says, what to you.
Speaker 3: Well, they wanted another playmaker. They wanted somebody else to be able to be able to get baskets on a pseudo regular basis, and not that Shooter's like this offensive hub if he will, but he's somebody who can score the ball and does know how to create. When you look at this Warriors team, it's it's it's it's Steph and Draymond, and neither of which are well. Draymond, I guess, is more of a primary playmaker and Curry is a kind of a secondary playmaker. Boba virtue of how much he has the ball in his hands ends up becoming somewhat primary in their system. So losing Melton hurt them, and you know, Shooter comes into this space, says, somebody who will be able to fit into their defensive schemes as well too, and they can play alongside Steph. I like the move in theory because they didn't really have anything else to do with with Melton being gone for the year. It's not like he was going to come back for the playoffs or whatever. Like he's done. So, you know, Shooter makes sense for them and doesn't tie up things in a way where they can't make another move with Shams and others are still reporting that they're still gonna go big game hunting for some of the other guys, which we'll talk about here in a little bit. But you know, this more to me signifies where Brooklyn is at again as well as a team that look is probably going to be a seller. You know, as we get into the you know, into the depths of the trading season here before February.
Speaker 1: I get the sense shaw that. And listen, I'm gonna give props to NETS executives because clearly they are selling high on Dennis Shooter. I think, like right now, he's like top five in assists in the NBA. Right he obviously was among one of their main scores. But I definitely think that there's a there was a problem there. Like I think this scoring dynamic with him and Cam Thomas was very it was very inconsistent, right, and you have these moments where Schroeder, you know, he'll shut he'll give you thirty points, and then there's some names you'll just give you three, right, But somewhere along the line he'll figure out a way and you know he'll wind up with seven eight assists. I think he had a career high the other night like some of their like thirteen assists or something like that in a game. So to your point, I think if you're the Golden State Warriors, that's great. I think though the winner of this is the Brooklyn Nets because you can continue to have a guy like Dennis Shuter on your roster. However, if you are more enamored with some of the younger talent and really trying to open up opportunities for them to get better shots, for them to really go through the growing pains of learning how to win, or whatever the case may be, how long do you keep a guy like Dennis Shooter who's not necessarily making them significantly better, obviously making a competitive but not making him significantly better. And you got other guys on the roster where you can kind of delegate those minutes too and figure out a way to get the chemistry going with them. So I'm sure that that in and of itself probably helped a Jordi Fernandez because you can see him struggling with the consistent season. What combinations do I put on the floor that's going to maximize what I'm getting from the guys that I know are going to probably be here after this season goes. So if you're the if you're the Brooklyn Nets, I think you win where you were able to move Shorter on a high value rather than you catch Shroder when he's on a downward trend. You know, again, he becomes you know, you know, you know, off the grid with his ability to consistently score, consistently distribute the basketball and the chemistry isn't there, And then you know, you're basically gonna get low balled because some team is just willing to take him, but they're not willing to take him to utilize him in the way that they really want to, just because it's more salary cap than it is about what he could actually bring to the table.
Speaker 3: Yeah, smart move for Golden State in the in the short term, they had been sliding as of late, so they recognize, hey, despite all this you know, depth that they've had and no one's playing over thirty minutes a night or what in a case to be like, you know that it was.
Speaker 2: I originally thought, no show.
Speaker 1: I originally thought that they made this move because I think that they wanted to be a pain in the ass to the Los Angeles Lakers. I just think that they have games on the slate and they're just like, here we want to give you. Let us give you back your former player that you dissed or you know what I'm saying, here, go ahead create havoc for them.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know Struder, I wouldn't say he was on the short list, but he might have been on the list. But I mean there's a million players that are on the Lakers list, and that's that's topic for another conversation or another. Either way, Golden State makes it makes a move to kind of that they hope will styn me the bleeding as they continue to big game hunt, which I think leads us into some of the conversation that we should be having next in our new.
Speaker 2: Second Absolutely, man, so here we go. We're gonna do a little.
Speaker 1: Merry cuddle trash. Okay, So here's how it works. The idea here is the concept for how we look at a specific player or maybe a scenario. Is it something that we really want to embrace. Do we want to marry that is that? Are we partnered with that? We're at the hip with this, all right? If we're if is it something where all right? Maybe you're out at the hip with it. I can, I can, I can? I can get with it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I can cuddle it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Put my arms around a little bit, you know what I mean, take a nice little stroll. But I can't commit right and then if it's just flat out, yo, just this ain't gonna work.
Speaker 2: It's going to the trash. You know what I'm saying. We trashing this.
Speaker 1: That's what we talk about when we say Mary cuddle trash. Right, So, seaw I found it interesting that the rumors about Jimmy Butler being bantered about in trade talks and heavy because of the fact that the reports are open that the Miami Heat are willing to listening to listen to offers of putting of Jimmy Butler, you know, going to another team. To me, it's not that I'm totally surprised by it. I think we knew at some particular point that was gonna get there. We thought, maybe this is something that will probably happen at the end of the season, because if it wasn't something that the Miami Heat weren't going to facilitate before the season started, you know what I'm saying. It's just not like them to allow this to kind of be the conversation of the Heat culture, right. They ain't about that, you know what I mean, And especially if it's like a disgruntled player, they nip that nonsense in the butt, like you will not hear about it until the season ends, and then all of a sudden, craps start surfacing and then you begin to realize it was far more sort of than.
Speaker 2: You even gave it any credit for.
Speaker 1: But the idea that the Heat are willing to listen to offers about Jimmy Butler on the block, I find it to be a very interesting scenario. And I'm curious on which teams, right that you believe Jimmy Butler should be destined to go to? Which one would you marry, which one would you cuddle? And if it's speculated you're going to that team, then you're like, nah, which one.
Speaker 2: Would you trash?
Speaker 3: So what are my options? All?
Speaker 2: Right? So Golden State Warriors.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you want to all right, let's start there.
Speaker 3: So you know, so the Warriors, I'm gonna marry it, you know. I this is an idea I can get behind for a lot of reasons, and and I will allow me to go left and come right back. And we're kind of like we're running behind time in our show. So I want to be the saint. Miami's in a situation with Jimmy I think as you were, you know, indicating where they don't want they don't want to be married to him for the long term. He has a player option next year at fifty two million. The player option he opts in, then all the cards are are on his deck, like he can do whatever he wants to do. He could choose to resign, or we can leave and walking free agency. Mimi gets nothing. So the heater like, well, let's try to do something maybe a year early, because then now that that player option because somebody some other team's problem, and then they ultimately try to resign him or what are the case to be, so they no longer seem to want to be in the Jimmy Butler business, at least from what we're hearing, you know, his agent saying not that, but whatever the case may be. But the Golden State thing, it makes a lot of sense. Everybody in Golden State is let's say, experience and a little bit older. Jimmy fits into into that space in terms of like, hey, we want to win and we want to win. Right, thing now, I think you know you can attract Mi me with. It's going to have to take the comingas of the world, maybe pajem Skis or whatever the case to be, the machinations Wiggins even to even make the money work. But the idea of Golden State getting Jimmy Butler, I can absolutely marry it because it doesn't make sense from a winning standpoint, a clear number two standpoint, and a timeline standpoint for where all those players would be in their proverbial career.
Speaker 1: All right, so you're you're marrying the Golden State Warriors, all right. That leads us with cuddle and trash. So here here, here is my other two teams that I'm throwing out there for you. Houston Rockets, okay, Houston Rockets and the Los Angeles Lakers.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll trash the Lakers because that's not even something that I think can happen. They weren't on his list, so either I think Phoenix was on his list, and I would trash that as well too, because the machinations of Beale giving up his no trade clause to go is the only way that that could do fiscally work. So that leads me with the only option. It's at least cuddle the option to Houston. Now, if you believe what their general Langer came out and says like, Hey, they want to play this through with their young guys and see what it is. But I don't know. The luster's starting to wear off, yelling green for me, and he's somebody who who I've actively wanted to like. And the internet, if you will, and the social media lights are like, oh no, the hipsters that's some say, are saying, no, he's not a good basketball player, Like there just seems to be like, oh, you just got to watch he's a highlight guy. He's not really a winning player. And I'm like, I've been trying to debunk that. But at the same time, he's not been consistent enough for me to be like, well, to really be able to go back at those said hipsters and saying, Okay, Jellen Green is not you know, it's not somebody I would want to give up on. If it allows the Houston Rockets to get Jimmy Butler into that, that could be an accelerant to the Rockets that could propel them, you know, to at least conference finals, especially with the way U Dooka's coaching. So I'll cuddle, I'll cuddle the idea, although I don't think it's more going to be more than just like you you allude to a quick stroll. I don't think this is a cuddle that will lead to marriage in any in any shape.
Speaker 1: Man, I would hate for you to be a relationship counselor for these guys I've been successfully married for I know, I know, but I mean these hard truths, man, they gonna probably have to put them up on nice have to put them up on ninety day. Fiance Man, By the time that we're done with this whole situation, your tune to the baseline, Cali WARN's you'll discussing the hot button topics of the so I find. But here's my thing, Shaw, Are you buying the idea real quick? Are you buying the idea about Jimmy Butler that even he is done with being in Miami right given listen, the successful campaign not nearly as successful as I think they would have hoped for. But are you buying the idea that even Jimmy Butler says, hey, my time is up here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: I am. I think enough smoke for fire for me. All the pat Rody's comments again going to media day, showing up really late, and whatever he had personally going on, and what doesn't seem to be ultimately tapped in. He's still gone some of his you know, I think it was Josh Harden. I keep utilizing this because I think it was amazing. You know, he's side quested more than a handful of times already in the season, with various injuries and so forth and so forth. Now we have the machinations of colors of hair, and the colors of hair represent the teams that he's interested in. Like, there's just there's just so much to it right now, and I think it would just be best. Miami is good and always dangerous, but I think they can be reasonably good and reasonably dangerous with or without Jimmy Butler, And I think that's really a testament to the overall culture but more important to what Eric spulture is built there and their ability to coach up talent on a regular basis.
Speaker 1: Isn't it amazing how a year from a year, just a year removed, we were wondering about what was going on with Tyler Herro and literally Tyler Hero is their most explosive offensive player for.
Speaker 3: The mind that mul is the last man standing after all said and done, it's a remarkable redemption. Arc.
Speaker 1: I will say that I absolutely all right, shaw, let's do one more uh Mary cuddle trash. So there has been much said about Lebron James possibly leaving the Los Angeles Lakers, right Lebron James certainly won't admit to that. But now that we have kind of rubbed the shine off of the whole you know, father son thing, l A. You know what I'm saying, the PR I don't want to use the word PR stunt, but let's just say, uh, the PR masculin sort of speak of you know what I'm saying, you know.
Speaker 3: Ro got masculated.
Speaker 2: Maybe you know, but.
Speaker 1: You know, just basically just just opening it up right, like he's like, we're we're willing to do this right because we don't know whether or not this is going to be a successful Lakers campaign, you know, and listen, all things considered, for JJ Reddick, he's really done a pretty decent job given what he's had to work with, right, and to be able to work through the struggles Lebron James is has at its kind of concerned me. But you know, maybe to your point, y'all, we're talking about how father Time in some respects is kind of caught up with with what we may think is gonna kindly do in the Los Angeles Lakers as they continue to struggle at this moment in time now, as they sit right, the Lakers are you know, they're they're tenth team, but there's really only two games separating between them and the four, right, and I think that's not gonna that's not gonna change much. But are you open to the idea about Lebron James possibly leaving to the Lakers? And if so, I will then present three teams to you for you to tell me whether you marry, cuddle, or trash the idea.
Speaker 3: All right, So first I'm not open to it. I think there's there's too much because of the Broni factor. And you know, as you using your term and masculated the Lakers into drafting his son.
Speaker 1: I gotta have I gotta get back to that word of the weak thing, man, I get it, or I got to get back to that like okay, but.
Speaker 3: Uh uh, you know, making them a package deal in LA and all the things that he wants to do with his career currently and his post NBA career as well, a lot of that seems to be based in Hollywood. So I just don't know that he would walk away from that truly unless a certain team and a certain situation really made it, made him an offer you couldn't refuse, And I just don't know that that can actually come to play.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So since you've.
Speaker 1: Put it in that particulular regards, almost like you put a prenup on this particular segment. So I don't even know whether it's but I'm gonna throw these teams out here sew because I actually want to see the expression on your face to think that if they were to ever happen, we go ahead and do it all right. Originally, at one point I would have thrown out there the Cleveland Cavalieres at the beginning of the season.
Speaker 2: I would have been, like what happens.
Speaker 1: If the Cleveland Cavaliers figured out a way.
Speaker 2: To bring back Lebron again? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But I just think with the way Evan Mobley's playing, Nah, you're good, all right, So forget them, all right, let.
Speaker 2: Me throw out this team for you. What do you think.
Speaker 1: About the I'm sorry, let me give you all three teams, the Memphis Grizzlies, the Atlanta Hawks, Minnesota Timberwolves.
Speaker 3: Where are these teams coming from.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying they're coming from a place of They're coming from a place of Listen, I don't see I would have thrown maybe say the Sacaronic Kids. I don't see that ever happen. That's not gonna happen. And it's definitely not gonna happen with the Phoenix Suns. All right, that's just not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know. It's disingenuous. Leave out the team that he's he's wanted to flirt with, if nothing else, If he's if he's you know what I mean, if he's looking on his dating apps of NBA teams. You know that shiny team.
Speaker 2: The Golden State Warriors, is that what you're talking about. I did that.
Speaker 1: I did that intentionally because remember you are the relationship savants, right.
Speaker 4: So you know when again when he's in his dating app of NBA teams, he looks over there and he sees Draymond and Staph and you know, they had a nice time they you know, they went on a friends vacation, you know, over to Paris boat together.
Speaker 2: This wasn't the banana boat because the PLT.
Speaker 4: I mean there are yots now, okay, I mean they're not on banana boats anymore.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you know this is they.
Speaker 2: Were plantaining, they were not playing.
Speaker 3: So that's a team. He just like hmm, you know, he looks over to the left, sees the Lakers, looks over to the right, see Steff over there with his boy Draymond, And he's like, man, that that would be interesting. But there are so many hurdles when he looks at probably the pre enup that he has in place with the Lakers, you know, the stuff that he even has in turns in place with his family. It's just like cheaper the keeper. So I think the Warriors are the team he would at least he would definitely cuddle or even marry. But I just don't think there's a way.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you can't back out. Now, you're like definitely cuddle cuddle. Nuhting he trying to marry that?
Speaker 3: Well, well, yes, you know what, we'll stand up.
Speaker 1: But but but on logic, Shaw, on logic, because like, look, look right now, the Memphis Grizzlies are the second best team right and only by a couple of games. But listen to your point. You're seeing that the resurgence and and and up there. Why would it be a far fetched idea for one year rental if the intend is to try to win a chip that he can't make something work playing out there in in Memphis.
Speaker 3: You know, excuse me, excuse me.
Speaker 2: Have you met Lebon James you nod. I've not had the player. I've not had the.
Speaker 3: This is one of the most calculated players and brilliant players of our of our generation, not only on the court, but when it comes to storytelling, narratives in the whole nine. He has no interest in being in a Minnesota, a Memphis or whatever, the team that's not LA or potentially Golden State. The story of you know when it was when it was Cleveland. Great, you know, did it from a hometown, so forth and so forth. I don't think he'd ever even go back there, to be honest with you, He's so focused on the next stages of his career. He has nothing really left to prove on the basketball court. But if he did, it has to be in a situation that is the most appealing to him. And right now that is only going to be the Lakers or the Golden State Wards. No other team, no matter how attractive they are, no matter what they can even offer, the Lakers is going to make something work because he has enough power, he wills, enough NBA power, enough player empowerment power, and that says to make anybody's team organization absolutely miserable. So nobody is signing up for that understanding, like, hey, we don't have any summers of control of how this guy will be. Yes, he elevates us, but we can't make it even work. And I believe he does have a no trade clause, so you know, I think that's what was negotiating to his last deal, so he and Bale.
Speaker 1: So I'm just saying, I'm just saying, you might be able to you know, you may be able to move the need a little bit if you sell him on some John Barbecue, not in the least, all right, So, all right, so which team should I eliminate?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: If you if you're already set on marrying the Golden State Warriors and we still have to cuddle trash, who are you eliminating?
Speaker 2: Of the three that I had mentioned?
Speaker 3: You gave me Memphis, Minnesota, and who Atlanta. I'm just saying, there's no chance. There's no chance in Minnesota or Atlanta. Like I can't even like you can't not.
Speaker 2: Even jump off, not even to jump off. He can't even get a jump off.
Speaker 3: That both Maybe younger Lebron, you know, you know, Hotland on Magic City, all of that stuff. But you know, again he's a grown man now, he's got the kids. He can't be out there, you know, getting caught like Lou Williams, you know, in the Strip club with lemon pepper wings like that can't be Lebron's life. Of that, I would I will, I will oblige you and cuddle the Memphis Grizzlies. But again, not a realistic situation.
Speaker 2: Not a realistic situation. All right, Well, this was fun.
Speaker 1: I definitely would love for us to be able to do this more, right, like just taking especially as we get closer to the trade deadline, and especially when we start talking about potential teams like you know, contenders and pretenders. You know, I would love for us to be able to to kind of implement this a little bit and kind of be like, who is it that we're riding with as we say, are getting closer towards the towards the season and everything like that, because I just find it kind of interesting with the way that the teams have built currently, we'd be remiss if not saying they're gonna need a little bit more or you know, like in this particular instance, we talked about the Philadelphia seventy six ers at some point, which I'm sure we will because they're constantly in the headlines. They got pieces that may be in play right possibly, So if that's the case, should they become sellers? And who would you know what I'm saying as far as teams go, you marry cuddle trash with that. So I just find it to be a nice little interesting take on the way that we're looking at how teams you know, can involve themselves in you know what I'm saying, maybe we should also have a cop blocking edition.
Speaker 2: Of the WHI which which teams, which teams.
Speaker 1: Are trying to upset the Apple cart? Ruin stuff at the altar? Sy'all ruin it at the altar?
Speaker 3: So and on that fine notes, I think that this has been a base one podcast. Let's see you next week.
Speaker 1: Yikes, hey listen man, great episode, you know. And again before you know, you know, we before we do our sendoff, once again, we like to congratulate our colleagues, our contemporaries, our brothers, uh gimmick infringement and hip to the games again for being nominated among the best podcasts for their respective categories. And to our listeners you know once again, you know, this is the second year consecutive Leader we've been nominated by the Sportscast Awards, and we just want to make sure that we give recognition and and want to say thank you to our listeners.
Speaker 2: It's not possible without you.
Speaker 1: But more importantly, we want you guys to go out there and vote. Obviously, we would love for you to guys to voute for go out and vote for us. So again we encourage you to go to tiny u r l dot com slash baseline twenty twenty five, in order to cast your vote vote for the Baseline Boys among the best basketball podcasts out there. Voting is open and it is live and uh, I think sew there is uh, there is not a limit to the voting, right, so you can go in there.
Speaker 3: You can vote in once in each category, in each category.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I was I'm not trying. I was trying to you know, cheat the system or nothing like that. You know what I'm saying. Don't want to have the government coming after us. But tell a friend to tell a friend, right, that's the best way to go about doing. Tell peoples, you know what I'm saying, Pass the word around.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: But again, man, great episode this week, Shaw and once again, congratulations sir, you know for helping make our show, you know, one of the more one of the more recognized basketball podcasts that are out there. And you know again, I wouldn't be doing this without my my man fifty gram brother from another mother.
Speaker 2: This is how we do.
Speaker 3: Brother. It's always a vibe and the great Christmas gift, you know, to us, great Christmas gift to the network. Shout out mo as well to Malie Johnson, co owner of the nineteen meter group network really helping get those nominations in line, you know, the sports podcast Award company, and we are being you know, blessed as a result of it too. So we'll see how things go. Christmas is on the horizon, lots of NBA content, we'll see you have our predictions for NBA Cup is also correct, and can't wait to hear people's fan reaction on you know, our latest Sarah segment here Mary cut We'll.
Speaker 2: Try appreciate appreciated, man. See that's what I'm saying. You don't want to be playing in your bachelor.
Speaker 1: Party now anyway, for the baseline, Calie warren Shaw, we appreciate you guys, you know we do that.
Speaker 2: We'll catch up with you next time.