Speaker 1: I made a prediction on the record on Twitter a couple of about a week or so ago.
Speaker 2: My great prediction was.
Speaker 1: That we weren't really going to learn as that basically the release of the Epstein files, the JFK files, the RFK files, and the MLK files we're not going to be nearly as interesting or as exciting as everyone sort of declared them to be. I feel like it's all going to be kind of a flop end. That is indeed what happened yes yesterday. Pam Bondi released some version of the Epstein files, and it was this binder that they were handing out to stupid right wing influencers at the White House who were parading around with it as if it was some moment of triumph. And then everyone looked at it and realized it was all stuff that pretty much everyone already knew before.
Speaker 2: It was all stuff that was already kind of like for the most part of publicly available. Actually, one of the.
Speaker 1: Really funny things was some of the stuff in the release files was redacted, even though that specific document had already been released to the public in an unredacted form. Nobody learned anything, so it was like, well, why release anything. Now Bondi is doing what appeerd. I'm not sure if it's a total BS save face move or if it's genuine. She released the same day that this version of the Epstein files gets released, which was filled with a whole lot of nothing, Bondi releases this letter that she sent to Cash Patel, the new head of the FBI, saying, I learned through a whistleblower that there are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of pages of documents relating to Epstein that are in possession of the Southern District of New York, excuse me, of the FBI Field Office in New York. And I had requested all documents relating to Jeffrey Epstein, and they told me they gave me everything. And now I've learned through a whistleblower that they didn't. So I want you to get me all this stuff. Okay, I don't know if that's really what's happening. My faith in this whole thing has been shaken by has been shaken by the release of that first binder, which was full of nothing very interesting at all. So here's a couple of reasons for my skepticism about the Epstein stuff. First, Gislaine Maxwell, who was Epstein's you know, partnering crime.
Speaker 3: Her.
Speaker 1: Some of her legal disputes are still in appeal, including that she's got an appeal going out to the Supreme Court itself. So there may be actual litigation, ongoing litigation reasons to not release a bunch of new evidence relating to her that relates to Epstein and thereby relates to her. Okay, so that might be an issue. I mean, it might be the case that Bondie will get to the finish line of this and realize that she can't actually keep ongoing because it would jeopardize this federal case against Islane Maxwell that is currently on appeal. The other reason for my skipticism about this now, and again just for summary for those who don't know, Jeffrey Epstein was this suspiciously incredibly wealthy New York socialite type who got all kinds of money from all kinds of people and had an island in the Caribbean where he would fly apparently influential people out for sex trafficking of young women.
Speaker 2: And we have solid evidence, We already know that the.
Speaker 1: We already know a lot of stuff about Fstein's conduct and who he was doing stuff with. That That's part of the reason why I'm not like really expecting that much, because we already know a lot.
Speaker 2: We know that Bill Clinton took flights over there. We know he had a.
Speaker 1: Close relationship with Bill Gates that caused Milindigates to divorce Bill Gates. We know other people who flew on planes. We know Donald Trump took a plane flight at some point. I don't think there's much evidence that Donald Trump was doing anything Vodeo dose suspicious. But Epstein knew a ton of people in places of power in New York. I mean, there's photos of videos of Trump hanging out with him and talking to him. So I think we know a good bit of what he did and with whom a Stephen Hawking was going over to his island.
Speaker 2: We already know a good bit.
Speaker 1: We already know a good bit from the documents that were already released. So this is another reason why I'm just not sure that whatever else there is.
Speaker 2: Out there, that it's not going to be released. And this is maybe the.
Speaker 1: Last point for why I don't think the Epstein stuff is all that great. All right, say what you will about whatever. The problem with this is that a lot of the the narrative behind why everything hasn't been released about Jeffrey Epstein. The narrative is it's because Jeffrey Epstein had compromat, compromising material.
Speaker 2: On all kinds of people in positions of influence.
Speaker 1: And power throughout our government, and that the powers that be, the establishment, whatever establishment bogeyman you want. And by the way, conservatives assume it's all Democrat powers that be and Republicans assume it's all Democrat powers that be.
Speaker 2: Someone doesn't want the truth to get.
Speaker 1: Out, and that is why Jeffrey Epstein was murdered, tried to play it off as a suicide, and that's why we don't know everything. The one problem with this conspiracy theory is that federal prosecutors did actually bring the charges against Epstein and brought the charges against Maxwell. Now, a lot of stuff in the Maxwell trial was not made public, which makes people very very suspicious. But I guess here, here's my thing with like your your Pambondy and Donald Trump and Pambondy making this big stink about.
Speaker 4: When we come in, we're gonna find accountability. You know, We're we're gonna be the ones we're gonna release the Epstein list. We're gonna release the Epstein files. And the theory is, well, there's a list out there.
Speaker 1: Of all the people who went to Epstein's island for sex with underage women.
Speaker 2: There's a list, there's.
Speaker 1: Something, there's a smoking gun out there that shows all the rich and powerful people in society who were going to Epstein's island for their disgusting whatever, and that if only we can get that one document released, will be good. I just don't think that one smoking gun exists. First of all, I doubt David Epstein had his notebook of prominent people who are my clients for sex trafficking purposes. Be surprised if there was a lot of pen to paper. Now, maybe there's some evidence out there, Maybe there is some smoking gun out there.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think a more meaningful thing to do rather than making a pledge about some big showy release of documents. And by the way, Pam Bondi made this big stink about, oh, we're gonna release these documents, We're gonna show them. And she had nothing, I mean she had relatively nothing, nothing that interesting, and now she's saying, oh, now I'm gonna get all the documents. If you actually have a definitive list, go prosecute those people. I don't need you to release it to the public. Go prosecute them. That's what I want. I mean, if you actually got enough evidence, file charges.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, call me crazy.
Speaker 1: I think I'd rather if a bunch of rich, powerful, famous people were engaged in sex trafficking, I would love for them to be prosecuted for sex trafficking. I don't need them to be embarrassed. I mean, yes, I would like them to be embarrassed, but I would like them to be worse than embarrassed. I would like them to go to jail. So, in short, this is what and I guess that's my thing is these federal prosecutors were aggressive enough. So I guess this is the problem with the conspiracy theory thinking if you take it too far. So federal prosecutors were unafraid enough of the repercussions of exposing the rich and the powerful, unafraid enough to prosecute Epstein and Maxwell, but they're too afraid to prosecute the other people they were servicing. Even though in prosecuting Maxwell and Epstein, information did come out that was at least somewhat embarrassing to Bill Gates, Bill Clinton, and Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: I guess I don't buy it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just don't think there's some And I realize like everyone on the right is sort of conn I mean, everyone on the right has been thoroughly conditioned to reject the status quo answer that's given on so many topics. So much of what we were told about COVID was just a flat out lie. So much of what we were told about Joe Biden's health was just a flat out lie.
Speaker 2: Conservatives are understandably.
Speaker 1: Seeing lies and political manipulation around every corner.
Speaker 2: I get it. I guess it. I get it. I guess I'm just not seeing the internal.
Speaker 1: Logical consistency of federal prosecutors were brave enough, unafraid of the consequences enough to prosecute Maxwell and Epstein to have information be released that was damning to one of the richest men in the world, literally top five, Bill Gates is. I don't know where he is.
Speaker 2: It's musk.
Speaker 1: And then I think Bill Gates is like number two, number two, number three, something like that for the richest man of the world. A former American president and a current American president. I guess I just find it. I find it highly unlikely that there's someone there that we're still protecting, although I don't know, maybe the proof's in the pudding. I mean, here's Epstein dying under these incredibly fishy, suspicious circumstances when one guard turns off the cameras, has his back turned all of a sudden, No, David Epstein's dead by suicide. There was a lot of stuff within the Maxwell trial that was sort of sealed and not necessarily open to the public. But I just think in general, if you've got Epstein's documents and you've got Maxwell singing, wouldn't they have been able to prosecute some of these prominent johns. I don't know, maybe, or on the other hand, maybe they don't have much documentary evidence about specific persons, and maybe Maxwell wasn't giving up too many names.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, I'd like to know as much of the truth as I can.
Speaker 1: But it clearly doesn't actually seem like it doesn't seem like the government has now unless all this stuff that's allegedly in the FBI field office in New York, unless that stuff's got the smoking gun somewhere. I don't know, I'm I'm a little suspicious. And by the way, just from just for clarification, there is evidence of Trump having flown on Epstein's plane seven times, sometimes with his wife and his daughter. There's no evidence of Trump ever having gone to the island. Trump said in twenty nineteen, after Epstein was arrested that basically he hadn't spoken to Epstein for something like fifteen years after they had had a falling out. So I don't think Donald Trump was involved in sex trafficking or anything. Bill Clinton had a bit more of an interaction. Flight logs kept by one of the plane's pilots and used in court proceedings show that Bill Clinton flew from New York to Britain and back in March two thousand and two from its Sugi, Japan, to two locations in China, as well as to Singapore, Thailand, and Brunei between May twenty second and May twenty fifth, twenty of two thousand and two, Clinton in twenty twenty two flew from Morocco to the Azores.
Speaker 2: And onto New York.
Speaker 1: On September twenty first, from the New York back to the Azores, tween October fifth and October ninth, Epstein's plane flew the former president from Oslo, Norway, to Russia three locations to China. Clinton flew from Miami to Westchester, New York, also in two thousand and two. I think it's getting twenty twenty two in two thousand and two mixed up in this Newsweek article about it. Anyway, I'm I guess, I'm just saying I'm becoming more and more skeptical whether there's any there there. And I think it was a dumb move by Trump and Bondie to sort of act like this was going to be a big deal and then it turns out not really to be that big of a deal.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Hopefully there's more, Hopefully there can be genuine justice shown on the matter when we return why I'm suspicious we'll find anything interesting in the JFK, MLK and RFK files. Next on the John Girardi Show, I have I'm going through my list of reasons why I'm skeptical that anything much will be learned from whatever release of whatever Epstein files end up being released.
Speaker 2: We had yesterday, Oh, we're releasing the Epstein files.
Speaker 1: And then they released a binder full of nothing interesting, all bunch of stuff that people mostly already knew about, a bunch of flight log the flight log information which pretty much everyone already knew about. As she's releasing it, Bondi clearly realizes how not interesting all these documents are, and she releases this letter to Cash Betel, saying, Hey, I learned through a whistleblower that there's a bunch more documents in the FBI office in New York. Get them to me, please. Why weren't they given to me initially? Maybe something there I don't know. Let me go further to talk about the pledged by Trump release of all the files relating to the JFK, RFK and MLK assassinations. Now, I've heard a lot more inspiracy theorizing about the JFK assassination then I did about Robert Kennedy's assassination or Martin Luther King's assassination. So probably my comments are mostly going to apply to that, and I've heard many I'm not there's some people who are like really into the JFK assassination and really have studied it, read about.
Speaker 2: It, thought about it.
Speaker 1: I remember my brother once had a book I think. I think it was my dad or my older brother had a book about it, and it had a graphic showing the theory of the magic bullet and how this one bullet from a single shooter wound up hitting both JFK and the other guy who was in the car with him multiple times, and it's weird trajectory.
Speaker 2: I don't really care.
Speaker 1: I think it's much more of a pressing concern for baby boomers than it is for me. It happened during the lifetime of baby boomers. It was twenty years plus before I was born, so I don't really care.
Speaker 2: This is like getting up, Oh, we're going to get the.
Speaker 1: Real scoop on what really happened to Julius Caesar, like ancient history. As far as I'm concerned, I don't really care all that much. And by the way, there is nothing that's going to be released from the JFK files that will actually result in people running. JFK was not actually killed by Lee Harvey Oswald, conspiracy theorists and whatever range of I don't want to call it all conspiracy theory. I don't think it's crazy to think the official story isn't true, But do you really think there's gonna be a CIA memo in there that says, we're going to tell the public that Lee Harvey Oswald did it. Actually, we the CIA assassinated JFK.
Speaker 2: Lee Harvey Oswald was clearly at guys.
Speaker 1: All of the JFK files have been in the possession of the federal government.
Speaker 2: Since nineteen sixty three. Whatever files there are about.
Speaker 1: It has been in the possession of the CIA or the FBI or whoever since the sixties. First, do you think all the documents are in one place. There's a file under the presidential desk that says the JFK files and all the documents are just right there waiting for the president to just PLoP him at a table with his declassify stamp.
Speaker 2: No, they're probably scattered all over the place.
Speaker 1: There's probably if there's information about it, it's probably a bunch of information that's scattered hither and yon.
Speaker 2: Different agencies looking at it from different angles.
Speaker 1: Secondly, if they release what if they release all the JFK files and everything in the JFK file says, yeah, we think it was just Lee Harvey Oswald. We think he acted alone. The conventional story, what are the conspiracy theorists. But what are the people, I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to call them conspiracy theorists.
Speaker 1: What are the people who don't think it was just Lee Harvey Oswald acting alone. What are they gonna say, Well, clearly, they're gonna say that the fed's tampered with the documents, tampered with the evidence, and hid the evidence. They've had fifty years worth of time, including like years of thirty or forty years of pre internet time to actually physically eliminate physical pieces of paper with information on it that's not digitized and not scanned and not on the floating around on the Internet somewhere or saved in a server or in the database. So if the what if the conventional story is the story that comes out of whatever release of the JFK files actually happens, well, no one's gonna believe it. It's not gonna change anything. Everyone's just gonna say, well, yes, the CIA deleted all the CIA eliminated the information.
Speaker 2: By the way, if the CIA.
Speaker 1: Just to go to the full level conspiracy theory, the CIA is ticked off at JFK because if how he bungled the Bay of Pigs, they don't want him to be president.
Speaker 2: Anymore. The CIA assassinates JFK. Maybe they use Oswald as a cutout, or I don't know, whatever.
Speaker 1: The two guys on the Grassy Knoll were actually CIA assassins and Oswald was there as a plant.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Do you really think the CIA is gonna leave behind a piece of paper with that plan on it?
Speaker 2: Here is our CIA plan for how to assassinate John F. Kennedy, the President of the United States.
Speaker 1: An act that would be tree, I mean, a plot, a scheme that will certainly result in everyone doing it, going to jail for life and being executed.
Speaker 2: Like, no, there's it's not written.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure nobody wrote anything down, and if they did write anything down, they've had fifty years to shred that piece of paper.
Speaker 2: Guys, we're not gonna find anything all.
Speaker 1: That interesting in the JFK, RFKMLK files. I'd be delighted if we found something interesting. Would be super cool and interesting, just like if we found a new Roman historian writing about the death of Julius Caesar.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I just don't think we're gonna find anything.
Speaker 1: All right, when we return the Trump administration catering to dumb conservative influencers and why it's not helping right now.
Speaker 2: That's next on the John Gerrardy Show. A lot of.
Speaker 1: Stuff in this nascent second Trump administration has involved.
Speaker 2: Catering to.
Speaker 1: Direction from right wing social media influencers. This has been behind the Trump administration's big move to keep TikTok afloat. It's been in spite of the fact that it was the Trump administer that was the first Trump administration that was calling for banning TikTok from the American market as a piece of Chinese spyware. Well, Trump changed his mind about it. And Trump has been very open saying his reasons, why, Hey, TikTok helped me win the election. I'm doing really good on TikTok, that that's one of his there's openly stated reasons. You know, forget the fact that it's Chinese spyware to suck up as much personal data on Americans and maybe there's more nefarious stuff behind it, like deliberately trying to you know, lessen American attention spans and make us stupider. No, no, it helped Trump win the election, so he supports it. And there have been a lot of other things that seemed to be driven by stuff happening in the world of right wing or at the very least like kind of right wing coded influencers. A lot of this stuff with the Epstein Files of one of the things that was happening was you had all these different light right wing online influencers who were at the White House parading around with the binders of the year. The Epstein files have been released, all so cool, and then people actually looked through what was released and realized, oh, there's actually nothing interesting in here. A lot of this stuff is already publicly, this is revealed. Actually absolutely nothing, giant fart. But you know who's been pushing for the other.
Speaker 2: People on right wing media, right wing twitter types.
Speaker 1: Okay, the latest thing that seems to be driven by Trump two point zero's desire to capture whatever is the uth right wing social media market has been this move to allow these two guys, Tristan and Andrew Tate to come from Romania to the United States. And it's showing some divides within the right. Who are these people? Andrew Tate and his brother Tristan Tate are guys who ran various kinds of promotion schemes for women who were only fans models. There is lots of evidence of basically they are being prosecuted by the Romanian.
Speaker 2: Authorities for sex trafficking.
Speaker 1: There is good evidence from Andrew Tates's own mouth and different interviews that he would bully, intimidate, manipulate women to sell themselves for sex and have sex with him. And they're pigs. I mean, they're disgusting people. But they've developed this sort of weird social media following as like right wing almost like right wing youth motivational speakers of like trying to sort of put themselves forward as like, yeah, you're a young guy. You could be cool and rich and successful if you just don't be stupid and gay and blah blah blah blah blah. It's this whole bizarre sort of world that has attracted a bunch of teenage boy eyeballs in the United States and they became influential on YouTube, slash, TikTok, slash, various forms of social media. Now they are highly weird, revolting people. And if this is the you know, I guess I've been encouraged by a lot of the demographic things that seem to have been changing over the course of the twenty twenty four election cycle, it seems that young men are becoming much more conservative.
Speaker 2: That is good.
Speaker 1: I don't know that it's an unalloyed I don't know that every single you know, influencer on the right that has resulted in shifting young American men's views on things hasn't necessarily been one hundred percent positive.
Speaker 2: And and the Tate brothers.
Speaker 1: Are maybe the most prominent examples of how whatever sort of right word shift is happening among young men, we need to sort of take it with a grain of salt and think, Okay, well it's good, but this is kind of a poisonous idea of what masculinity is.
Speaker 2: Andrew Tate also converted to Islam.
Speaker 1: Seemingly because he liked the misogyny like like that seems to me the only reason he did it was because he was like, ah, yeah, it's actually ah, it's actually neat that you guys have polygamy and that you kind of put women in your place, in their place and tell them.
Speaker 2: To shut up.
Speaker 1: Like like, I guess the you know, sort of Middle Eastern style of Islam was appealing to entertate. Anyway, it seems as though some sort of diplomatic arrangement was made to allow these guys who I don't know the exact status of their criminal proceedings in Romania, but I mean they were arrested by Romanian authorities on sex trafficking charges.
Speaker 2: Why are we.
Speaker 1: Letting them into the United States? I mean, call me crazy. I don't want immigrants with extensive criminal records in their home country, any kind of criminal record, let alone sex trafficking, coming into the United States.
Speaker 2: That's what we're talking about here.
Speaker 1: And I get a sense that some sort of diplomatic something was arranged to allow these guys to come in.
Speaker 2: Now apparently they're coming to Florida.
Speaker 1: Ron DeSantis made it clear he doesn't want these guys there, and he talked about it at a press conference the other day, and he was saying, I'm going to look into whatever mechanisms we legally have to not allow this. We don't want guys like this in Florida, thank you very much. You know, is there some kind of extradition thing, is the fact that they were accused of sex crimes over there? You know, blah blah blah blah blah. I DeSantis is not pleased with this whole thing. And I think there's some sort of divide between DeSantis versus folks.
Speaker 2: Within the Trump orbit.
Speaker 1: I mean there's always been, you know, always been tensions, certainly ever since the twenty twenty four primary cycle. There's always been tensions between the DeSantis people and the Trump people, and this seems to be another avenue now. I think basically what's happening is the Trump people have all sort.
Speaker 2: Of decided.
Speaker 1: If there is anything that is popular among right shifting gen Z voters, we are going to embrace it, and we don't care.
Speaker 2: Politically speaking, this is the path forward.
Speaker 1: Who cares about Chinese ownership of TikTok and whatever kind of threat it might pose it. But forget what we said in the first Trump administration about TikTok being beat. We're gonna come hell or high water, We're gonna keep TikTok afloat. Forget what anyone said about, you know, forget anything Andrew Tate has clearly done as far as being a pornographer and a pimp and a.
Speaker 2: Possible sex trafficker. Forget it.
Speaker 1: We don't care if he's popular among and if he's vaguely right wing coded, even though I don't think there's anything much he talks about that's necessarily conservative or right wing. Necessarily I guess he doesn't like liberals. If it's at all vaguely right wing coded. We're gonna be nice to the Tate brothers. Why well, because it's right wing influencers, and this is we perceive this to be popular with gen Z voters, so we're gonna embrace it. And politically speaking, you know, maybe that's the sound strategy. I just don't think it's the right thing to do at all. I get the broader picture. Yes, that's smart politics. It may very well be smart politics, but I think it's the wrong thing to do. I think it is bad to do. I don't think this is the kind of guy you should be promoting and pushing whatever. Go on to Joe Rogan, go on to you know, all these other that there are a lot of other outlets that gen Z emails are looking at that aren't actively promoted, that aren't you know, actively promoting pornography and sex trafficking.
Speaker 2: But this seems to me more than a bridge too far.
Speaker 3: When we return my thesis about who is the happiest, that Elon Musk is the most prominent person in the Trump administration.
Speaker 1: Next on the John Gerardy Show, Elon Musk is a lightning rod. You know what a lightning rod actually does. So you put a lightning rod on the top of a building, and you then have the metal of which the lightning rod is made conducts electricity, conducts electrons. You then take the metal, have it, you know, sort of track along the whole side of the building until it gets to the ground, so that the electricity can safely be grounded and not harm anything. Instead of lightning striking this tall building and lighting it on fire and you have a disaster, you have your lightning rod. It hits the lightning rod, electricity harmlessly goes down to the ground.
Speaker 2: Easy pasy. That's what Elon Musk is.
Speaker 1: I don't really know how important Elon Musk is. He's very prominent and public facing. And wow, what a great way for Trump to sort of wave Elon around with one hand.
Speaker 2: You know who's happy.
Speaker 1: There's nobody happier about Elon Musk being where he is than, for example, the people who are on the Domestic Policy Council.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard of the Domestic Policy Council? Of course you have it.
Speaker 1: These are like the advisors who actually are directing Donald Trump for day to day. It's all these people you haven't heard of, various kinds of Trump advisors who are getting everything they want out of the Trump administration as far as policy creation. Now, I'm not saying Musk is an uninfluential, unimportant person. Musk dropped tens of millions of dollars on the Trump campaign. Clearly he's getting something, Okay, I mean, and clearly what the stuff that he's doing via Doge and whatnot is significant. I'm not trying to downplay it. But nobody's happier about this than Steven Miller. Okay, Steven Miller, who big time Trump advisor in Trump one, continues to be a big possibly even bigger time Trump advisor in Trump two, who's getting everything he wants, every policy decision he wants out of this Trump administration. And meanwhile, who's the media all mad at? They're mad at Elon Musk. And by the way, this is the thing, with all that Elon Musk stirman drunk, Trump's gonna completely win all of that. Ultimately, the president gets to decide stuff that's done within the executive branch. If Trump is delegating Elon to issue those decrees.
Speaker 2: There's nothing wrong with it, Okay.
Speaker 1: Does anyone really think that cabinet secretaries weren't taking their orders from instead of Joe Biden himself, from Joe Biden's chief of staff, Jeff Resents Towards the end there especially, of course, they were.
Speaker 2: Taking orders from Jeff Zence. Nobody was seeing Biden.
Speaker 1: And probably it's fine even that in a certain sense, if it's coming from the president, you have to do it. So I think Trump's going to win all these legal challenges. Ultimately when it comes to Elon, that'll do it for Johns already show see you next time on Power Talk.