Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner Clurk get them dives makes the cat backhand sigh dustin off that gold.
Speaker 2: Globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 3: Wanna take your shot?
Speaker 4: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 3: Think you're looking real hot?
Speaker 5: Come in get it.
Speaker 3: We're here.
Speaker 4: The road comes through La.
Speaker 3: Come get it. If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 2: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 6: I got itty bist overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres.
Speaker 3: Fans can line up to kiss our ring. You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Dodgers on Tack. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Tim kays Hi, everybody, and good afternoon.
Speaker 7: Welcome in to Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on this beautiful Saturday, but a hot afternoon here in Southern California. You're Dodgers thirty five and twenty two on this season. After a dramatic come from behind wind last night in the scene opener, the Dodgers look to do it again and continue their dominance over the New York Yankees this afternoon. First pitch from Dodger Stadium is coming up at four fifteen landing knack on the mounta tonight for the Dodgers. Coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from Blake Snell David vat Sago's one on one with Snell Zill. We'll get the latest on how the left hander is feeling on the injured list. We'll hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts, will dive deeper into this game two pitchy matchup. What a series it's been so far. In the opener last night, it lived up to the hype. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, we'll hear from Freddie Freeman, who.
Speaker 2: Was again beg last night for the Dodgers in the win.
Speaker 7: And in just a few minutes, we'll head out to the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth and check out with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, last night, another dramatic comeback win for the Dodgers. Last October, these two teams scored off in the World Series. Everybody remembers Freddie Freeman's walk off Grand Slam in Game one, and then they come from behind winning Game five. Well, last night While it wasn't the World Series, still another win for the good guys. Tony Gonslin got the start, and the catman gave the Dodgers some of ling six innings. He also had a problem keeping the ball in the ballpark, and the first Aaron Judge hit a monstrous solo home run to center.
Speaker 2: The Yankees with the early one to nothing lead.
Speaker 7: In the bottom of the first, show Hey o'tani first pitch he saw from Max Fried solo home run, his twenty first of the season that tied the game had won.
Speaker 2: The Yankees zero used the long ball last night to score all.
Speaker 7: Their runs in the second, Austin Wells a solo shot, Trent Grisham a two run home run, and the third Paul Goldschmidt, Yes, that same Paul Goldschmidt a solo home run to right center, Yankees a five to two lead. In the sixth, the Dodgers turned on that offensive switch show hey Otani again took Max Free deep, his second of the game, number twenty two on the season. Dodgers cut into the deficit down five to three. Next batter to ask Hernandez a single. Will Smith followed with the single that brought up Freddy Freeman free delivers.
Speaker 6: Freeman swings and drives the ball the other way, pushing Bilcher back to the warning track. It's over his head, head off the brace to the wall. Tioscar Hernandez, we'll come home to score. Smith stops at third har beyond double Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers are within.
Speaker 8: One and both his for Freeman in's ballgame have been the first pitch prone to him, and he just drove that one. It kept going and going. Bellainger not playing exceptionally deep in left field.
Speaker 7: Freddie Freeman RBI double. Dodgers down five to four. After a pitching change, Andy Pajes deliver of the single to left that scorre Max Mounsie that tied the game at five. Later in this sixth a second pitching change, Michael Conforto drew a basis loaded walk that gave the Dodgers a six to five lead. Dodgers four runs on five hits in the sixth inning. In the comeback in the seventh, they added to that lead.
Speaker 6: Andy Payen insurance runs in scoring position with two outs in the seventh. Here's the pitch from de los Santos. Pajes takes it up the middle in the center field. Smith scores Freeman being waved around the.
Speaker 2: Throw home play at the play not in time. Freeman slides in safely with a.
Speaker 6: Foot Handy Pojes clutches up with a two outs, two run.
Speaker 8: Single, and it was on the first pitch and a ball out away from him, and he did a wonderful job not trying to.
Speaker 3: Pull the pitch.
Speaker 2: Great job from Andy pot has a two run single.
Speaker 7: That's the top tier play of the game, brought to you by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. The Dodgers offense erupted last night. Twelve hitch show Hey a pair of home runs, Freddie Freeman a pair of doubles.
Speaker 2: Andy Pajes drives in three. Tony Gonsolin.
Speaker 7: Despite giving up the long ball, he went six innings, turned it over to the bullpen. Four different relievers combined to get the final nine outs. Alex Vessier got the ninth inning. He got the same Dodgers take game one of this three game series against the Yankees. Dodgers now thirty five and twenty two on this season. They remained atop the first place in the NL West, and this afternoon, Dodgers and Yankees do it again, landing knack on the mound first pitch at four fifteen and with more Let's head out to the Gallpin Motors Broadcast booth as we welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Guys, Thanks Tim a beautiful Saturday afternoon at Dodgers Stadium and had a Game two of this World Series rematch. In Rick Monday, we got to say the encore to last year's Fall Classic. It lived up to the billing last night. Tremendous theater from start to finish in Game one.
Speaker 8: Well, it didn't take long, did it. It starts out, is it? Aaron Judge in the first inning with one out, he hits a home run. Okay, everybody's saying, well, what the heck is going to be happening on that end? And show Heyo. Tony says, okay, I'll see your home run in ras. You because first pitch in the botto first he hit home run. O'tani was not through. He hit another one coming up. That's fifteen home runs just in the month of May for show Heyotani and for the Dodgers. It was almost like a rerack of Game five of the World Series. It was the fifth inning in the World Series two hundred and thirteen days ago. As we stand here today, they came up with that five run deficit. Well, it was the sixth inning last night. And I don't know the answer to this. I'm certain that someone has the answer. I don't know when the last time a starting pitcher who gave up four home runs over first three innings the total fifteen hundred and eighty one feet of distance combined. I don't know the last time a pitcher and that spot wound up with the victory. But that's exactly what happened. Tony Gonsolm went six innings, five runs on just six It's four of the six were home runs. He held on very tightly the Dodgers of a very big, come from behind victory.
Speaker 6: So doctor Rick Kurguski, he did look this up, and Tony gonsolon is the first Dodgers starting pitcher ever to allow least four home runs over the first three innings of a game as a starter and get the win.
Speaker 3: So the first in the.
Speaker 2: History of the just franchise.
Speaker 8: Well, every time we come to the ballpark, Stephen, we may see something we've never seen before. Evidently, as you're saying, and the research shows it happened again last night.
Speaker 6: And you know what, credit to Tony Gonsolin and and the Dodger bullpen. I mean you're thinking, Okay, five earned runs and six hits the first three innings, like, oh gosh, the Yankees are they about the boat race the Dodgers. It came in as the hottest team in baseball. They've been that way the last three weeks now. But then innings fourth through nine, not in just three hits allowed by the.
Speaker 8: I agree because it would have been very, very easy. I mean, you're down one to nothing two batters into the game, then after two innings you're down by a score of three to one, and then it's five to two, and then the biginning. You know, they could have just closed the door, put up a closed sign and walke it away and say, hey, we'll see you tomorrow. In the meantime, we'll go get a bite d That was not the case. Yes, they got some help. Yankees did not make another flawless inning. They had a big air that was made in the seven, but the four runs coming on to five hits in the sixth inning alone with Otani at the home run yes, they got a bases loaded walk, But I thought the Dodgers really showed a lot of intestinal fortitude, if you will, by not circling the wagon and say, hey, we'll get them next night.
Speaker 6: Just to button up your point about it was reminiscent of Game five of the World Series last year. The Dodgers outfielded the Yankees in Game one, to your point, en route to the nineteenth comeback win of the season for the Dodgers, that is the most in Major League Baseball. There there was an intensity, tim there was an urgency. It felt like a postseason game last night. We'll see what Game two has in store for us here in a matter of moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the atmosphere was awesome last night.
Speaker 7: Hopefully duplicate that again this afternoon as we got you down the first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on what are you waiting for? Get out Shaky's Pizza Porler Parlor. You go order it right now at Shaky's dot Com. Get that Shaky's Pizza Chicken and the mojos Shaky's dot Com coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: We're gonna check in with David Va.
Speaker 7: Say Dve goes one on one with Blake Snell. How's he doing on the IL right now? How's that shoulder feeling? How close is he to returning? We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup, but up next to your Otani, you rewind and we'll hear from Freddie Freeman what a night he had last night? But leads up to game two of this three game set Dodgers and Yankees. First pitch coming up at four to fifteen.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Katiss, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and the Yankees on this Saturday afternoon, landing knack on the mound for the blue. First pitch coming up at four fifteen.
Speaker 5: This is the Otani rewh well the Yankees MVP win Yard in the first.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers are hoping there guy can do the same show.
Speaker 6: Hey, Otani, with twenty home runs on the season, steps in Lefty freed former Brave into his wind up kicksing deals first pitch, swinging hit in the air well the left center field.
Speaker 5: Did you so, hey?
Speaker 2: Oldtani ties it.
Speaker 9: In a blink?
Speaker 3: Three and one?
Speaker 2: Does Otani get anything to hit? We find out now, Show hey hits.
Speaker 6: It a mile high into the air way, back to right Herron Judge at the wall.
Speaker 3: He leaps.
Speaker 5: He cannot bring that one back.
Speaker 6: Show hey O'tani with his second of the game, he thinks he missed first base. He goes back to step on that back and now he can touch them all his second tonight, Show.
Speaker 7: Hey Otani unbelievable. His first at bat, first pitch a home run off of Max Freed. Then he would homer again in the sixth inning to the lead off the sixth home runs number twenty one and twenty two. He helps the Dodgers get the eight to five win in the series opener. He by the way, leads the big leagues with twenty two long balls on this season. How about Freddie Freeman last night? Freddie Freeman with two doubles and the win over the Yankees last night gives him five hundred and twenty four career doubles. Wow, he has now matched Ken Griffy junior for forty eighth place.
Speaker 2: In MLB history.
Speaker 7: Freddie Freeman now in a Cooperstown heavy portion of the doubles leader board in front of him, with Willie Mays and Ted Williams next in line. Let's go back to last night. Afterwards, David Vasse caught up with Freddy.
Speaker 10: Freddie Freeman, can you just talk about the energy in the stadium and how you guys do what you do and come back.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I mean, we obviously knew coming into this series and a lot of people we are gonna be coming to this game, a lot of people talking about just like it was last October. I think I've been doing interviews about this upcoming series for a week now, so obviously if people are very interested. But you know, beating Max Free that's extremely hard to do. It's top five pitcher in the game. But when you have shoe Heyo Tani and hitting homers and Tony giving us six innings and cutting it out, that was huge for our bull fan going into games at thirteen in a row. So there's a lot of good things that happened tonight.
Speaker 4: What changed in that sixth inning against Free?
Speaker 11: I wish I had real answers you know, it's just you know, show haitle home run and then you know, Tayo and Will got on base with singles, and I kind of was just looking syncer in because I figured he was gonna try and get a double play, and you know, I was able to lift one there and we were able to kind of keep it rolling there and get four runs off of Max. It's really hard to do and that was huge for us, and we obviously got a couple more insurance runs the next inning.
Speaker 10: Freddy, you double to add some insurance runs in the seventh inning. But I gotta be honest with you, I think the sellout crowd was very nervous with you sliding feet first in to home plate tonight.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I mean once Tino sent me, I was like, I gotta make it so but I'm doing okay. I'm gonna get some clc in the training room after this.
Speaker 2: Game, but I'm just goought I was able to make it.
Speaker 4: Freddy, What a game, what a night, What a player. Freddie Freeman the man.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you, David, Thank you very much. Freddie Freeman is the man.
Speaker 7: He's getting closer and closer to move up on that all times doubles list now with five hundred and twenty four after the two last night Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Cars for Kids. You ready to donate that old cars just sitting there? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now. Friendly agents standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today, still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vasse will join us. Coming up in thirty minutes. You'll hear from Blake Snell. It is Snell Zella Saturday after all up. Next we get you an injury report though, and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. Leading up to Dodgers and Yankees on this Saturday, first pitch at four fifteen. I'm Tim Kases' World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your whole for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 7: Maroango Casino Dodgers on decontenus on this Saturday. As we leave you up to first pitch from Dodger Stadium, Dodgers and the Yankees. Maroango Casino Resort and Spa, a grand slam of four good times Land and that, and will warn the pitching matchup. We'll dive deeper into these two guys coming up in just a little bit. First pitch of four fifteen.
Speaker 5: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 7: Report, presented by UCLA Health, the official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Mookie Beds day to day with a fractured a fourth left toe. Not in the lineup today, Rookie Sasaki on the IL with the right shoulder impingement, Kirby Yates on the IL, Evan Phillips done for the year, Tommy John surgery coming up. Later on this week, we'll hear from Blake Snell on his left shoulder inflammation coming up, with David vass saying about twenty five minutes. Tyler Glastow also on the IL, Blake trying, and Michael Kopek and.
Speaker 2: Bruce Dark Garadol as well.
Speaker 7: All right, let's head back out to Dodger Stadium as we check in with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 9: Anything else on questions for da Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts.
Speaker 13: With Dave Roberts how to SHU look good?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 13: I think he threw thirty pitches, used his entire mix face some hitters up down, and came out of it well, which is most important. I think he wishes his command would have been a little bit better, but really positive day for show.
Speaker 3: This is gonna kind of.
Speaker 6: Be the progression is just up in the bitch count a little bit more every time right now.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 13: So, you know, whether it's another two inning stint next week on Saturday, or you know, getting it to three, I'm not sure, but that's kind of be the program.
Speaker 3: There. Rancher hitters.
Speaker 9: Yeah, is there.
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 13: No, I think that if you look at the I don't think, you know, looking out, it's you know, you still got to get to five or six innings, so we still got a waste.
Speaker 9: To go out.
Speaker 13: Seizures of like velocity.
Speaker 9: Canada, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 13: I didn't ask what the velocity was I would. I think a safe guess is somewhere in the mid nineties.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's really in this process.
Speaker 10: But is there something in particular that whether it's the work that he puts in or what you've seen it's particularly impressive.
Speaker 13: I think the thing that's most impressive is his ability to compartmentalize. I mean, he's essentially doing the work of two players and still to go out there and perform on the offensive side. It's pretty remarkable.
Speaker 3: Do you think there will be.
Speaker 11: More like formal simulated games he gets to be he's bringing things Christisius and like simulating taking advance.
Speaker 9: Or anything like that or m.
Speaker 11: Piece.
Speaker 9: That's A.
Speaker 13: That's a that's a fair question, and I haven't thought about that.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 13: I'm sure I don't know if our rehab guys have thought about that. But that's as we get down the road. That is something to think through, but we haven't got there yet.
Speaker 14: Where do you think he is now out in comparison to when who he's doing this getting geared up.
Speaker 9: In spring training?
Speaker 13: Considerably further along?
Speaker 3: I think in spring training it was.
Speaker 13: It was velocity, it was just fastballs, really good command. But right now to be able to use the sweeper, the curveball, the split, he's just using his entire arsenal. So also with today doing the up down, he's certainly well beyond where he was in spring.
Speaker 7: All right, there's the manager Dave Roberts talking about show Hey Otani, where he's at after throwing today. More on that coming up as we continue here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we check in with David vat Say the Dodger Insider as we lead you up to first pitch, Game two of this three game weekend set, the rematch of last year's World Series Dodgers and Yankees.
Speaker 2: First pitch of four.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Kates's a world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's Dodgers and the Yankees, Game two of this three game weekend set. Dodgers took the opener last night and come back fashion, landing neck on the mountain. Will Warren, we'll go for the Yankees first pitch coming up at four fifteen.
Speaker 5: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck, I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger inside there, David Bass my DV.
Speaker 7: Before we dive deeper into things, a special visitor in the booth right now.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 10: We have a very special visitor in the booth Radio Hall of Famer and our very own Charlie Steiner could not stay away. You know, it's a big event when Charlie is here Dodgers Yankees, and we're really happy to see Charlie back at Dodgers Stadium and can't wait for him to be back in his rightful place. And I'll tip Stephen Nelson out the booth when he returns.
Speaker 7: All right, DV big news yesterday obviously the Dodger win, but beforehand the Evan Phillips news Tommy John surgery. I can't imagine this caught the team off guard because of the way he had been filmed the last few weeks.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and I had a chance to talk to Evan Phillips earlier today, Tim and I was surprised by where his headspace was. He's in a he's at peace with this decision because he and the team did everything that they could to be able to get him back on the mound, and the arm just in some ways let him know that now was the time to have this done and give him a chance to pitch next year. Here's what Evan Phillips had to say about the disappointing decision to have Tommy John surgery and end his year. Evan obviously disappointing news yesterday that Tommy John is in your future.
Speaker 4: How have you digested all that?
Speaker 14: It's been, you know, a pretty heavy past few weeks. You know, ever since we we got the MRI readings and that became an option, you know, we started to explore what we can do, and you know, these next few weeks to give it a look and see if we can try to rehabit and see where we get, and ultimately didn't make much progress at all, so that you kind of validated how the MRI I was reading and what the surgeons were saying. So I'm kind of at peace with it on that sense, having.
Speaker 9: A clear direction forward.
Speaker 14: Just you know, sad, disappointed, bummed that I'm going to miss so much time and the opportunity with this team, but you know, ultimately I know it's what I have to do to get back to being my normal self.
Speaker 10: Do you believe that the shoulder injury maybe we're over compensating and created something.
Speaker 4: Or how do you kind of put this in context?
Speaker 14: You know, it's it's a human body in baseball. It's like, sure, it's probably connected in some way. But you know, my shoulder felt great, you rehab went great. It could probably stem back to you know, years of just and you know, commensating in different ways over the years. So I certainly had never experienced something like this before, and I was kind of naive to you know, my discomfort, and I wasn't sure what was going on. I was just optimistic that it would round itself out, and uh, you know, unfortunately didn't go that way.
Speaker 10: Evan already I've gotten text where do you believe it was the sweeper? Because you throw it harder than most? Do you believe that's contributing to pictures injuries like this?
Speaker 14: You know, I think we're you know, high performance athletes.
Speaker 3: Everyone's training and looking for more.
Speaker 14: I would say, you know, this could probably be attributed to just you know, years and years, you know, all the way tracking back to my childhood of you know, training at a high clip and who's the who's to know for sure? It's just the game we play, and it's a unfortunately Tommy John surgery has become a big part of our game. And you know, I can look around the clubhouse and lean on a lot of these guys for your guidance.
Speaker 3: Through this process as well.
Speaker 4: Are you hopeful that you haven't thrown your last pitch as a Dodger?
Speaker 14: Very confident that that's not the case. Yeah, I feel, you know, very confident that this is the right call for you know, not just my my tenure here with the Dodgers, but for the rest of my career as well. I know that once we get this thing fixed and I get myself built back up, I'll be, you know, the best version of myself and hopefully you're contributing for the Dodgers for years to come.
Speaker 10: Keep in mind, Tim Evan Phillips is not a free agent at the end of this season. He's a Super two player, so the Dodgers have control over Evan Phillips for one more year. So that's the reason why he's confident he has not thrown his last pitch as a Dodger. He's a free agent after next season, and he's hopeful that he can come back sometime in July next year.
Speaker 2: David had driven by Ford.
Speaker 7: If there's one thing we like, its choices, find yours With the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this march can only be called F one fifty David, what's the Dodgers' bullpin plan today after landing Neck?
Speaker 10: Well, just being in the clubhouse earlier today, there's a lot of guys that were on edge expecting to pitch. Anthony Bunda has not pitched in a game in the last six so you would expect to see him today. Ben Casparius had the headphones on, he was locked in. Jack Dryer was locked in. So all these guys are on standby, ready to go. And it seems like the Dodgers today starting with landon neck, but also are going to throw a lot of different looks at the Yankees with Yamamoto tomorrow. You would expect Yamamoto to give the Dodgers at least six innings tomorrow night against the team that even in the regular season last year he did really well against.
Speaker 7: That's right time now for the Dodgers. Dirty brought to by san Anita Park. David Ice like races at Santaina. We pick him and see who wins at the end of the racing season. We're gonna pick tomorrow's second race at san Anita, currently.
Speaker 2: A six horse race, six furlongs on the dirt. Who do you like in this one?
Speaker 10: DV well, I haven't picked the number one horse in a while, Tim, so I'm going there. Mike Catherine Rose read by Edwin A. Maldonado, Not to be mistaken by Candy Maldonado.
Speaker 7: Do not be mistaken now. I'm gonna go with the six horse. Not a ciner written by Kyle Frey, not a center right.
Speaker 2: Good luck to TDV.
Speaker 7: Celebrate ninety years of racing at Santa Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions and payouts every race day. Get on track for the Belmont Day Wine Festival. They got the Father's Day on closing Day. Experiences are all available and all the information racing information as well at Santa Anita dot com. Slash events coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Blake Snell. In about fifteen minutes. We'll dive deep into this pitching matchup. We got your magical moment though, when we come back. Dodgers Yankees first pitch at four fifteen. I'm Tim Kats's the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: He's the Dodgers and the Yankees Game two. This three game set landed Knack and will warn the pitching matchup. First pitch from Dodgers Stadium coming up at four fifteen.
Speaker 4: I know it all without a hot dog? Who wants a hot cut?
Speaker 5: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Pitch Magical present by Hawpy hot Dogs.
Speaker 7: We go back to the last October the twenty twenty four World Series Dodgers up in this series Game five, Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 2: The Yankees were up in the game looking to force a Game six.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers o rallied from a five run deficit after the meltdown by Aaron Judge and the Yankees opened the door to get the Dodgers back.
Speaker 2: In the game to take the lead, and they hang on and win it. Dave Roberts can hardly watch. Here's the one two pitch from Bueller.
Speaker 3: Got him swinging.
Speaker 9: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's a World Series win for LA.
Speaker 9: They've done it.
Speaker 1: They've finished the job and give Los Angeles the parade.
Speaker 9: It's been waiting for.
Speaker 2: A swarm of Dodgers on the right side.
Speaker 1: Of the infield, grown men but children again living out their dream.
Speaker 2: Ah what a moment.
Speaker 7: It was Dodger fans celebrating a World Series championship. Is the Dodgers celebrated on the field in the Bronx with a Game five win, seven to six over the Yankees. His Hafy magical moment brought to you by Hofy hot Dogs. Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey hot Dogs local and so great that call never gets old. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check back in on Rick Monday. We lead you up to first page from Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers and Yankees. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is MA Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 7: Low lean you up to Dodgers and Yankees on this beautiful, warm Saturday afternoon. Landing Nack will warn the pitching matchup. We'll dive deeper into the numbers between those two. Coming up in just a little bit for fifteen his first pitch.
Speaker 5: And now joined by David Basseying, Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 10: Rick, it's gonna be tough for me to do this segment because the guy next to me gave me a rash every time he faced the Dodgers, and that's Hall of Famer John Smoltz.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well said a few times.
Speaker 8: Well, he's evidently well prepared as he was as a pitcher. On top of it, Hey, you talking about you chased out right here, you ran out of the booth.
Speaker 3: Now, well, you know, if you're scared, get a dog. If you're real scared, get a big dog.
Speaker 10: No doubt he's been involved in some big games, but last night was a great event.
Speaker 3: I thought that.
Speaker 8: Last night, and I talked with one of the Yankee broadcasters and Susan Waldon there's been a friend for years and years. We were talking about it with both of these ball clubs last night. It was basically pleasing both Yankee fans and Dodger fans at the same time. And these two ball clubs will capture your attention. Maybe they don't individually capture your heart, depending upon which team you're voting for to win that ballgame, but they will capture your attention.
Speaker 3: And I think that's the epitome of having really wonderful.
Speaker 8: Matchups in games, and especially since his coming off of and it was two hundred and twelve days after the completion of Game five of the World Championship Series. The Dodgers were able to clinch in New York, so again it was appropriate to have it. But I mean, my gosh, you talk about enthusiasm that takes place, and then the drama on top of it, with Judge hitting the home run of the first inning, and then Otani hits a home run in the first inning to lead off the Dodgers parade, and then Otani comes back again.
Speaker 3: You and I were chatting before and you came up with the number.
Speaker 8: If we're looking at the overall results last night with Tony Gonsolin, Okay, six innings, five runs on six hits, four or six hits were home runs totally fifteen and twenty one feet, and you were able to find out the number. It's the first time ever that a pitcher has given up four home runs totaling that amount of distance and still wound up with a win.
Speaker 10: After the game last night, the Dodger players were singing the praises of Tony Gonsolin giving up four home runs but hanging in there.
Speaker 8: For six innings exactly because after the third inning it was a different batter. Because after the third inning it was nine up and nine down that Gonsoona was able to do. It's like a totally different guy. I don't know where the guy went that was out there the first three inning, but evidently he was on call to go somewhere else. It was a different Tony Gonsol and hopefully that sets the taste for tonight's game. People are still talking about last night. Of course, people were still talking about last year too for that matter.
Speaker 10: Rick, You've seen a lot of baseball and a lot of great players, But have you ever seen a player like Otani who has the weight of not only this country, this city, but another as well, be able to perform on the biggest stage like last night.
Speaker 8: Yeah, wouldn't it be wonderful if we could get into the mind of show Heyo Tani to understand what it is, because it appears that he is able to separate when he needs to, the emotions and the build up of everything else, the heavy responsibility, if you will, of representing his country, and make no mistake about it, I mean very proudly. I mean he kind of carries that tune along with him, but to be able to separate different things and isolate and at bat for example.
Speaker 3: And that's what you have to do.
Speaker 8: None of these guys come to the ballpark each and every day in a happy mood. None of them come to the ballpark every day feeling one hundred percent, and none of them come with the expectations that they're always going to be wonderful at home plate. But be able to separate that. It takes somebody special to do that. And we're talking about, you know, a special athlete that is able, evidently to compartmentalize different aspects of life versus job responsibilities. And it's only it appears to be only he and the pictures when he goes to home plate.
Speaker 4: He had spectacular on taste for six.
Speaker 3: A lot like you getting behind the microphone, David Ase. Oh, of course, it's so many appara in the postgame shows.
Speaker 10: By the way, thank you for signing an official rule book for caller Eric who called in and won that rule book last night.
Speaker 4: Goodness, everybody should have a rule.
Speaker 8: I signed it and hopefully he's going to have some happy reading and understand exactly what happens when we begin to do discuss rules, and I stand by if you have or if you are a baseball fan, a good present for whether it be to yourself or to someone else.
Speaker 3: A rule book, thanks Rick.
Speaker 8: Although in that rule book you also circled some mistakes are in that rule book on the front end of it.
Speaker 3: And I pointed out to someone an umpire supervisor.
Speaker 4: Hey, we highlighted it.
Speaker 3: We didn't just circle it.
Speaker 9: We did.
Speaker 10: We'll send it back to you in the studio. Tim Rick will join us a little bit later with Steven Nelson.
Speaker 2: All right, I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 7: That's the Dodgers' game plan. What's your game plan? How about starting your future at California Community College? Financial aids available to help you with tuition books, you have them sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Classes can fill up quickly, So on roll today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. As DV alluded to, Rickley back with Steven Nelson gets you those keys to the game. But I'm next. We go high and tight with Blake Snell. Dodgers Yankees. Game two of this three games set a rematch of last year's World Series. Dodgers took the series opener last night eight to five. First pitch today coming up at four fifteen. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers Yankees Game two this three game set, Landing Neck will warn the pitching matchup. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zench Sushi. Enjoyed the game with quick, affordable meal that the whole family could enjoy. Zen Shech Sushi made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs. You see it right there next to the deli counter at your local routes. They make it every day with precision, passionate tradition.
Speaker 2: You can taste.
Speaker 7: So they got all the different what kind of roles you wont the spicy tuna role, the Simon tempura shrimp roll, they got, of course, the mango crunchy dragon role, and they got the poke bulls as well. They got all the platters. It's fantastic Zen. She sushi right near the deli counter Ralphs since she hand crafted sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 5: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 5: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: It's a beautiful day in La.
Speaker 9: You know what it is.
Speaker 10: It's snails Zilla's Saturday, and I'm with my guy again, two time, two time Cy Younger Wood winner, Blake Snell. I saw you with the kids again today. You are very involved in the city.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Hey, it's all about the kids, man, it's.
Speaker 4: All about you.
Speaker 10: I am itching for Blake Snell to be back on that mound. What can you tell the people of La where you're at.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm throwing one hundred and twenty feet now it's coming out, no pain.
Speaker 9: I feel good. I'm excited through a.
Speaker 12: Couple of change ups, set a tear, pretty excited.
Speaker 9: Uh no, but I can't wait.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 9: You know, when I signed, I was so excited and this that's all I wanted to do.
Speaker 12: And then you know, having the way it sucks, and you know, it's it's a long it's a long process. But I'm gonna go slow. I'm gonna make sure I'm ready. So when I when I started pitching, I could get going and do my thing.
Speaker 4: I was on you yesterday. I'm so eager.
Speaker 10: Maybe not as much as you are, but we all are very eager to see you on the mound. What's the fine line there of not trying to rush it but also know where the team's at, where they need you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean it was tough today. I mean you see Jeter, hey Rod, big coffee.
Speaker 9: I went out there. I started thought, I was like, okay, I need to slow down. You just get excited.
Speaker 12: You see you know Hall of Famers, and you're just like, man, that's what I'm chasing. And yeah, it's tough. But today, yeah, I got a little excited. I just slow myself down. Hey, Like, let's really focus mechanically on how I'm throwing the ball, which I never do. I'm always like feeling it's a little things here and there. But today it's like I learned a lot. Connor helped me a lot.
Speaker 9: So I was really excited about that. Started feeling better at the end too.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, when do you think you'll throw off the mound and really take the next step.
Speaker 9: Ironically, I think there's San Diego.
Speaker 4: Very fitting.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 9: I think that's the plan.
Speaker 12: And we'll see though, but I think sometime in San Diego is the plan. But they'll let me know and I'll be ready. But yeah, I'm just I'm excited.
Speaker 9: I'm throwing. There's no pain and like I can actually, you know.
Speaker 12: I can actually be excited for something like it's it's gonna come and it's gonna happen soon, and I'll take my time through it. And as long as my shoulder feels good, which I pray every day, man, and I just get back out here and and just you know, feel what pitching is. Like, I love I love going to battle. And yeah, I can't wait to feel that again.
Speaker 10: It's so great. Blake Snell is our guest. He's on the way back to the Dodgers last night's game. Blake, you had a front row seat to maybe the best show we've seen this year. Yeah.
Speaker 12: The energy, man is just it's when when when a good team shows up and we're playing and he got showing Judge going back and forth.
Speaker 9: You know, it's top notch baseball and it's fun to watch it's fun to watch the battles.
Speaker 12: And I mean Gonson being able to go six, you know, with not his best stuff and hasn't pitched for a while. It is so impressive, man like for him to just battle his way through that game and give us six is really the reason why I believe we won.
Speaker 9: So that that showed a lot.
Speaker 12: You know, he was giving up what four home runs and to battle through that and still give us opportunity to win. And it's big man, and Freed has been nasty all year and he goes five, you know, five plus and the offense is able to get to him and get him out.
Speaker 9: I mean, it was just that's great baseball. You know, it's exciting to watch.
Speaker 4: I love hearing you say that pointing out Tony.
Speaker 10: I feel like a lot of these guys sometimes on a night like last night, get overshadowed by Judge and Otani, like Freddie Freeman and couple of big at bats and great base running.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, he he's a special player for a reason.
Speaker 12: Just even the double down the line, just like getting the barrel, like he's such an elite hitter and you know, show Hey gets you know, most of the attention Freddie. I mean he gets a lot of attention too, but man, the way that he's able to just compete every at bat, there's never like a wasted it bat. It's always competing and to see his level of focus is really impressive.
Speaker 10: A lot of people don't know this, but Blake Snell has a pretty good relationship with Aaron Judge. What can you tell us about Aaron Judge the person?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, I don't know if Dodger fans want to hear it, but he's the man like great dude, works hard, loves to win, great baseball player. Like everything you see is really who he is, probably better in person honestly, but uh yeah, I mean he's been one of my really good friends in baseball for a long time. And you know, it's tough, like when we're in battle, it's tough, you know, because you want your team to win and you know that's my boy, so you want to see him succeed, and so it's a tough spot and it's it's a real thing, man, Like some people will say, you know, you don't want him to succeed. It's us first then, but you know, like that's been my good friend for a very long time, and uh, I plan on him being my friend for the rest of my life. So you know, I wish nothing but the best for him, And you know, I always want us to win, but I want him to you know how success too, Blake.
Speaker 10: One thing about last night everybody seems to talk about it is that they're really good players in the league, but Judge and Otani just do things nobody else can do.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Like when Judge hit the home run, you just knew, SHOHI was gonna be like he's yeah, I mean everyone does. And it's like every at bat is like You're like, he's gonna do it. You know, it's the Judge's batten what right under four hundred two for five last night? Like and then Otani, I mean he went off. I don't even know he's what three hundred, he's right around there, twenty bombs, twenty one bumps, twenty two.
Speaker 4: He's on pace for sixty. I mean, yeah, he's on your team.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 12: I mean watching show I play every day, it's special. And then to just know he can pitch too, It's like, what, there's a reason why he has all those MVPs. I don't know how he's gonna collect over his career, but I know it's a lot man.
Speaker 10: We can't wait to see you back out there, Snell Zilla, thank you so much for the time on a beautiful Saturday.
Speaker 9: No appreciate it.
Speaker 10: There he is the man, Blake Snell coming soon to Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 9: It's a ar man. Let me hear your rar rh.
Speaker 4: Blake Snell a little gral ready to go, bring that.
Speaker 9: Edge, baby, yup. I can't wait.
Speaker 10: All right, He's gonna receive a gift card to Hoavier's brand new location in downtown La.
Speaker 9: Hello.
Speaker 10: Hello, all right, we'll send it back to you in the studio. Tim.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Dodger fans anxiously awaiting Blake Snell to get on the mound again and see what he can do to help out this Dodgers team. First place in the NLS at thirty five and twenty two, and they've got basically a rotation and a whole bullpen sitting on the injured list, either not able to play this year or still working their way back from injuries. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Audio broadcast.
Speaker 7: When it's game day, it's group day, it's Shaky's dot com or leading you up to first pitch. Dodgers Yankees up next, We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt's game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Cleaning up to Dodgers and Yankees Game two. This three game set from the Ravine. First pitch coming up at four fifteen.
Speaker 5: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 7: Matchups presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Work hard and play hard in a New Tacoma with an I Force Turbo Charts engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Will Warren going for the Yankees three and two four O nine ERA, twenty five year old right hander, an eighth round pick in twenty twenty one, made his major league debut in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Due to injuries to Garrett Cole and Luis Hale.
Speaker 7: Warren made the Yankees opening day roster here in twenty twenty five, and remember their starting rotation this year. Making his twelve start this season in six starts in the month of May, he's been really good two to one with the two to seventy ERA and forty one strikeouts only eight walks.
Speaker 2: He's only given up one home run this month.
Speaker 7: In fact, during the month of May, will warn of the Yankees leads the major leagues, leads all major league pitchers in strikeout to walk ratio, ranks third in strikeout ratio overall, and fourth in total strikeouts with the forty one. Last time out, four innings, two runs, two hits, seven strikeouts and a no decision against the Rockies, He's facing the Dodgers for the very first time. Landon Neck the knacker on the mount for the Dodgers two and two five.
Speaker 2: Twenty two ERA.
Speaker 7: Twenty seven year old right handers been up and down this year from TRIPAA to the big leagues and back.
Speaker 2: Making his sixth start, his eighth appearance this season with the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Last time out as a starter, six innings, three runs, four hits, five strikeouts and a lost to the Mets last weekend Dodgers Yankees.
Speaker 2: Here we go. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game our next.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim kateson the World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 2: Long Dodgers and Yankees.
Speaker 7: Game two of this three game set landing knack and will warn the pitching matchhof from Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up at four fifteen.
Speaker 7: When the Boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right plan to protect their house. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. For example, user install ignition resistant materials around your home. Use fire resistant materials when building a deck, replace events with ember and flame resistant events. Use noncombustible fencing materials for the portion that connects to your house. Very important to do these tips and to find out more, visit fire dot CA dot gov.
Speaker 2: We head back out to the booth Steven Nelson, Rick Monday. Guys, All right, TC back with Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: One more time ahead a first pitch Game two of three for the Dodgers, a chance for LA to lock up the series win. It is Landed Knack for the Dodgers and Will Warren, a rookie towing the slab for the New York games. So, Mo, as you were driving up to the stadium today, what were you thinking. We're going to be the most impactful keys in this game?
Speaker 8: I think, first of all, the offense on both sides, because it is like Murderer's row if you look at the Yankees, and obviously with the Dodgers too. Even though Mookie Betts is still sidelined, we find out it's a fractured toe, so don't know if he could be available coming off the bench or not. My first thought was land and Neck. You know, he went six innings in that Sunday game in New York, and while he was tagged with a loss, look at some of the numbers.
Speaker 3: He goes six.
Speaker 8: Innings, three runs allowed, only one of those were earned because there were two costly airs turned in behind him defensively, and he gave up only four hits. So for land and Neck, I think maybe made the turn in being able to throw consistently with that change up. The change up is a very big pitch, but he needs to get ahead of counts instead of getting behind and then trying to use the change up as a trick pitch.
Speaker 6: And it's an interesting pitch to keep an eye on, because if you look at the numbers this year for the Yankees against change ups, they're pretty good change up hitting tea.
Speaker 8: Yea, and Nak has thrown at the one out of four pitches he has thrown the change up. The Dodgers also have to figure out how they're going to face so will Warren, who's going to be going for the New York Yankees. We talked about home runs earlier. The Dodgers and the Yankees combined for a lot of home runs last night. Warren, in eleven starts has allowed just five home runs. None have been hit over his last four starts. He keeps the ball in the ballpark and done a very good job, and in particular right handed batters who hit just two fifteen against him. He tries to keep the ball away from the righties. We'll see how much from an adjustment standpoint, the Dodgers hitters make.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's got some strikeout stops, yeah, swing of miss stuff, and frankly, it's important for him to miss bats because when bats find baseballs against Warren. The contact has been pretty loud, a lot of line drives, a lot of hard hits.
Speaker 8: And then you look at Warren two. He's allowed three earned runs or less in nine of his eleven starts. Is billboard it okay? He's got a three and two record. If you really start to analyze it, it could be much better than.
Speaker 6: That, Tim as we get it back to you. One last key I think for Landon Nac tonight is the long ball. We saw Yankees hit four home runs in the first thirteen batters against Tony Gonson last night. Obviously, Tony and the Dodgers bullpen right at the ship and shut them down the rest of the way. But the long ball has been the achilles Heel for Landon Nax since he has come up as a big leaguer. I mean, eleven of nineteen runs against him this year have been via the long ball. Six home runs allowed by Nac, and five of them have been two run shots. You cannot do that against this team across the way, the Bronx Bombers, led by, of course, the likely American League MVP.
Speaker 3: And Aaron Judge.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Yankees, Game two of three, first pitch and just a little bit all right.
Speaker 7: First pitch is next. David Masse's got you cover with the postgame, but it's all over. Enjoyed everybody, Dodgers Yankees for the ravine. I'm Tim Kasey's World champion.
Speaker 2: Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network