Speaker 1: Thank you, John.
Speaker 2: It is eight oh five here at Kentucky this Morning News on News Radio eight forty whas Nick coffee with you. Thank you guys for hanging out with us. Gonna be a hot one today, it certainly was yesterday as well, and then we've got seemingly a bunch of rain coming our way over these next next five days. Is currently what it looks like. So if you're somebody that does enjoy the warm weather, enjoy it, because today could be one of the hottest days we've had so far this year, maybe the hottest. So you're a pool guy, Nick, I like being around a pool, not as much in a pool, if that makes sense. But sometimes it's just so mean, like you just yeah, it's when we get the awful and I mean brutal humidity that we get around here, when you walk outside and it's just gross, disgusting, like you're a you're in a microwave. Then at that point, you know, I need if I'm going to be outside for a while, I need to make sure I'm near a pool so I can cool off every now and then. But yeah, we'll have some rain coming up the rest of this week. It looks like and Uh, been a busy morning so far. Obviously a lot of continued conversation regards to what happened on Bartstown Road on the Highlands last week.
Speaker 1: I should say this past.
Speaker 2: Week and even the week prior. I think Mary Greenberger as well as Chief Humphrey their comments yesterday, if you were somebody that lives in the area, or you are somebody that has a business in the area, maybe you work at one of these businesses in the area, I mean, I'm sure you want action, you want to wait and see if in fact things are going to get better. But I do think yesterday it seemed as if they're well aware that this has become a growing problem, and what took place these these last couple of weekends is just it can't happen. And that's why you heard Mary Greenberg talk about really no solution is off the table. Something else we discussed earlier that I will admit this is this is this was not on my radar. But if you are going to be getting a new phone number, maybe in the coming years, your phone number in the Louisville area may not may not be a five oh two area code because Louisville and the surrounding areas. When it comes to five oh two, we're expected to run out of phone numbers.
Speaker 3: Possible.
Speaker 2: That could start with five oh two, and that's it looks like by the end of twenty twenty seven, due to the population growth and increased device usage, they're going to run out and device. When you hear device usage, I mean that could be any device, any phone. But now you you can just go online and sign up with Google, and I'm sure there's other providers out there, or you can use Google Voice or against something similar and get a phone number. I mean, it's not with a carrier that has service like an AC and C of a Rise or anything like that. But if you have if you have internet connection, I yes, you can. You can use it like it's like it's a phone. And I could be wrong. I don't know. I'm I'm certainly not a math expert. But to run out of phone numbers, I mean that seems like a lot of different combinations out there. So I imagine the digital side of it has been a bigger factor here. But what they're doing is they're letting folks know that this change is coming. They had a meeting yesterday in Nelson, County because obviously that's an area in Barchetown where you still you still pick up the five H two area code. And they're going to have another meeting at the JCC Southwest campus on it looks like Thursday at six pm to again to residents and collect input on the new area code im implementation, which I think if you are worried about it and you're going to feel like an outsider and you want the five ZHO two area code because it's just the way it's always been, I would imagine by the time we get there, if in fact you don't have that area code, you'll realize it's not a big deal because once you give somebody your number, now they put it in their phone, they saved the contact and they never remember your number unless you're just really good at remembering numbers. But there aren't many numbers at this point in my life. I just know off the top of my head the number that I've said more than any number in my life is the one that I used to tell people to call in when I was on Yeah, I was down the hall on Sports Talk seven ninety and then I know my wife's cell phone number because it was the number that I would. I would dial whenever I was you know, dating or in high school, you know, much different time back then. I remember calling my mom's work whenever I was a kid. I remember my home number, of course, which doesn't exist anymore. Those are the numbers you remember, just because at that time you had to remember unless you just have it in your wallet, in your pocket where you wrote it down or something like that. Which this reminds me. You know, there's a lot of things when it comes to the way in which we This kind of ties into our conversation earlier about dating apps in the internet. I mean, if you are somebody that is that is, you know, a teenager, maybe even middle school, and you got to crush on a girl and you want to you want to chat with her, you know, now you can just text her or you can you know, I don't know, maybe maybe I don't know. Is there I was going to say, like Facebook or something, But I'm sure that's not a thing for the younger generation anymore.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like it's dinosaur right now. Yeah, that's the way it goes. But like these these kids will never know the fear of calling a girl that you have to crush on and her dad answering, oh man, that was sometimes I would just hang up.
Speaker 3: I'll just hang right right.
Speaker 5: Do you remember the magic moment when she actually gave you the phone number? Yeah, when you you would work and work to ask for it and she actually gave it to you, like whoa.
Speaker 1: Well, I remember it. It usually would be the.
Speaker 2: First time I think I got a phone number and I realized, Okay, I guess this is kind of I guess this means I.
Speaker 1: Need to call right. It was she she gave it to me in class.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like she wrote it down, which I.
Speaker 2: Didn't have to ask. Not to brag, yeah, you know, but just saying yeah, it was a different, different time back then.
Speaker 3: But uh, I don't even call, dude, I've done that.
Speaker 2: I was such a whimp. If if her dad or mom answered, I would I would just hang up. And then I'm like, oh now this looks really bad because they have call her. I d like, you know what am I? Who am I fooling? So anyways, yeah, different times for sure, But again, five O two area code made you know if you have By the way, if you have a five oh two number, that's not going away. It's just if you start to get a new number, at some point you may not be able to get a five oh two number.
Speaker 5: According to the Texas Department of Public Works in Texas, at least there could be a possibility of seven million, nine hundred and twenty thousand different phone number combination.
Speaker 1: Goodness, great, seven million, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: All right, we got another updated trafficing weather coming your way right here at Kentucky and This Morning News. All right, it's say sixteen here, it could say This Morning News on News ready eight forty w h as. Now that we have hit the month of June, I know there's plenty that have probably got vacation's plan coming up soon, maybe even right now as we speak. And this is something that I cannot understand how this has become a trend, but apparently it is. Parents are letting their little kids plan family trips. I mean, how little are we talking here? I mean how how how in depth is the planning because I mean we talking like a weekend trip. We're talking about like a vacation. I mean to me, that just sounds I mean, I know we would end up. In fact, if my daughter picked she she wouldn't want to go far. She doesn't like long car rides, doesn't like riding in a plane. We probably just end up at the local Mexican restaurant and that would just be her. That's her trip. Yeah, right, where do you want to go? She'll say she wants to go to Coke and Rice, which is what she is, what she refers to as as as Elma Paul, I think I think my son he would just want to want to get to a beach, but he wouldn't know how to get there and.
Speaker 1: We'd have to do all the work. So like if the kids get to plan in, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, no, no Disney World and your crew, no Disneyland.
Speaker 1: You don't know they're luck. You're you're gonna think I'm a bad You're gonnak, I'm a bad parents. I'm calve. I'm admitting this second day on the job. So we are not.
Speaker 2: We've never been to Disney as a family, and I don't think we'll ever go, but it may happen. And my daughter and my son, they have family members, cousins and friends at daycare in school that they that they'd have gone to Disney, and they talk about it and it's special, it's magical and we made. We made the mistake by wanting to be anti not anti Disney, but we just didn't plan on going. And then we took them to Disney on Ice and all. Then they saw Goofy, they saw they saw the whole crew, and then you know, they realized, well that I want to go where they lived, Disneyland. So when they were much younger, we went to the Hillview Fair and there was a ferris wheel and.
Speaker 1: We just told him it was Disney.
Speaker 2: Oh my yeah, and there was there there were other rides and a lot of Carney stuff and it wasn't wasn't quite Disney. And and you know, I think at one point my son was was pretty young, but I.
Speaker 1: Did think in his own way.
Speaker 2: I think he asked, like, you know, where are the characters, and like what they're on break? It's busy, you say, there's a lot going on. You know, Goofy had something to do.
Speaker 5: Or so you're like the parents that you said on the YouTube videos that throw on the previous year's Happy New Year.
Speaker 3: So the kids at New Year's.
Speaker 1: Eve, that's a great move.
Speaker 3: They do that a lot from you.
Speaker 2: They now know that that was not Disney. But at the time I remember you know, telling people, hey, if my kids talk about going to Disney and they and they reference a very small uh fair that takes place in a small community in Bullet County.
Speaker 1: If they prefer that as Disney, you mind your business should let it be Disney to them.
Speaker 3: So you say your kids one don't want to go to the beach, the other one to go to like ell Nepaul. Oh, yeah, which is awesome for for both of you.
Speaker 1: We do a beach trip every year and it's always a lot of fun. It's just a lot of work.
Speaker 3: It is a lot of work, dude. And you guys you fly right.
Speaker 1: Yes, we do for you. We do now. So Allegiance does a great job.
Speaker 2: Where you can you can let them know ahead of time when you book which I only know this because my wife. I'll give her the credit. She's the one who plans all this and make sure we're ready to go. I just show up to the airport and say where's the bar. That's kind of that's kind of how I operate. So she takes care of me. But with my daughter being a special needs child, you can you can let them know when you when you are booking tickets for certain people that that's the case, and they're really accommodating. So we just assumed that flying would be a real tough task, just because really with sensory processing, with a loud airplane and whatnot. You just it was something we were worried about. But it's been smooth sailing. So Allegiance got one of the direct flights from Louisville to to Destin, which we take every year. That's kind of our I mean, everybody I think now goes to Destin and for vacation. But uh, even when it's crowded, it's still a whole lot of fun. You it seems like most your your trips end up just going back home, right we do.
Speaker 3: We go to Michigan. Wessie and my wife and are impolar opposite.
Speaker 5: She's a beach book person where I'd like to go to Colorado and my wife has zero interest in going to Colorado.
Speaker 2: My wife made have orders me. If she hears this, if I never met a beach again, I don't think I would complain.
Speaker 3: I don't hate it.
Speaker 1: I've just done it enough. I've seen enough, and you know.
Speaker 3: Yep, I want to go to Colorado. She wants nothing to do with that and.
Speaker 1: So we enjoyed myself. But yeah, I just I am with you.
Speaker 5: Nah, I get you. I want to go somewhere with seventy in the summer. I'm a hoodie weather kind of guy. So I'll see. But we are going to try to do a DC trip and do the White House Tour. My kids would like to do that now that they're older, because they want to see things in DC.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to my kids getting older and wanting to do other things than what they're just used to every single day. It'll happen at some point.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Another update on traffic and weather is coming your way, as well as another update on sports with Scott right here on News Ready Weight forty whis it is eight forty five here at Kentucky this morning News, Nick Coffee, finishing up my.
Speaker 1: Second shift, second day on the job. Vannetti doesn't like when I keep mentioning that I'm that I'm new here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let it go, move on.
Speaker 2: Son Ofnetti's coming up next with dwhite Wit and John Shannon in the studio with.
Speaker 1: Us here as well.
Speaker 2: What's uh Dwight doing all the show prop today? You usually leave it to him.
Speaker 4: Dwight is. I just texted him and said, do tell me when you hit the parking because he needs help. He will needs help. But he travels like he has a newborn, like he's got four bags food and five cups. He's got a big satchel that he never washes. His coffee cup is never washed. His water cup is never washed. So there's like a brown sludge.
Speaker 6: It's coated with character and get rid of the flavor. My coffee cup's the same way, nasty.
Speaker 3: It builds characters.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna help him. Man, he needs to get that one what's on wheels where you put your knee on it and do that. I think that would be a little bit better than the crutches.
Speaker 6: I got a wagon at the house, a collapsible wagon grandkids around.
Speaker 3: He can bring that.
Speaker 2: In all seriousness, even if he didn't have as many bags and cups and whatnot, it would be very difficult to get around with the way he's got. I mean, I'm not kidding you. I thought he really did hurt himself when you when I heard you guys talking about it. And then I show up last week to the remote and he's he's he's.
Speaker 4: Hot, little out of it. Yeah, uh, and he's he's a little out of it. So they made his cast so it's not like a cast or he can put like a boot on it where you can walk. So they made the cast and it's interesting science or whatever that the muscle will grow back together naturally, so no surgery. So they made his foot in the cast where his toes are pointing down so we can't put weight on it.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know they could do it that way. This is the Achilles, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, man? And have you ever seen somebody when they pop that?
Speaker 2: I So my high school basketball coach was put me through a workout going into my junior year and he was just found the hell out of me, just they're gonna be doing this to you. And I came off a screen and I heard it and I didn't know what it was. He hit the ground, he grabbed the back of his leg and he knew exactly what it was, and he just kept saying, it's for God dominic comedic Wilkins.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I'm I'm like, I'm like, what are you talking about? And he was right.
Speaker 4: He didn't love your coach beating the crap out. Oh yeah, practice because I was smaller. You were smaller guard trying to get to the rim, and you knew they were going to beat you up.
Speaker 2: Three people guarding me, this is what they're going to do. I'm like, no, they're not. That would make no sense.
Speaker 6: And that ladies and gentlemen, for those of you that don't know, because he hasn't humble bragged about this is why Nick Coffee was a Kentucky mister Basketball.
Speaker 1: No I wasn't. I thought I was a basketball lawyer. But the region mister basketball goes to the best player in the state. That was not me.
Speaker 4: No, I think it was mister bullet County right was you were ranked higher than the Preston Noles. There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm sure I'm sure whoever put that list together no longer works in that service. But yes, yeah, basketball was Basketball was a lot of fun and and I remember not even really knowing what an achilles injury was, but you can when it happened, you hear it like.
Speaker 1: It's it's almost like I wouldn't know how to describe it.
Speaker 2: It's not like a collision, but it's just it's a pop that you know, you knew didn't sound good, and then sure enough you turn around, Oh he's on the ground.
Speaker 1: You have you ever had a cast like he has?
Speaker 4: Now, No, I've never broken They just that heals naturally, right, No, you got to go in and they got you crack, They crack you over. I've seen it so many times. In the NFL. Roethlisberger had that. Oh God, Raven broke his nose on the first play and he's not He's like, the doctor is fixing his nose as he's talking to Tomlin and he fixes his nose. Bow all this blood gushes down his face and he's just get off me the pain. He walks back on the field. You people don't understand.
Speaker 3: I saw that break was nasty looking.
Speaker 4: Brak after game two in the NFL, or college after game three into college football. No one's healthy, everyone's playing hurt.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, whenever. I so I just asked, is that just healed naturally? And I thought to myself, you know, there are people who have who I've looked at that I can tell maybe they they did break the nose and didn't get it fixed, you know what.
Speaker 4: I mean, Yeah, because they look tougher. But there you get the natural guys. Our car Carl Lenor dropped a forty five pound plate on his toe and I was at the gym at the time and his and his shoe had filled with blood and all that, and I said, you're going to go hospital. He goes do anything for twos man? The hell naturally, he'll naturally, And I go, oh okay, I believed. And then a year later he had two full surgeries they took forever because they had to fix them.
Speaker 1: Was a broken nose. The worst injury you had in football.
Speaker 4: Uh, well, when you get your hand between two helmets and two of your fingers away and back. You know, back in the seventies and eighties, they just coached just popped them back and said next play, get in tail them up. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only time I ever missed a game was my sophomore year. And it's embarrassing to even say aloud now, but I know people who've had this under understand that it's not anything to mess with. I had an ingrown toenail, oh wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But when I was fifteen sixteen, you know, I would tell people I can't go and I went to the doctor and they're like, yeah, you've got in gooing toenail. They stuck this file between mine and they they yanked, they numbed it, and then it was recovering from it was once well, once the numb the numbing went away, then it started to really be painful. But I remember telling people, why don't you play a tonail?
Speaker 1: I'd be like, you know, and.
Speaker 2: One of my coaches, one of my assistant coaches, was like he was questioning me. And then years later it's like I always thought about that in going tone. Now I got one last year.
Speaker 1: It's tough.
Speaker 6: I got I had one pop up while I was in basic training. The worst possible time to have it happened because drill sergeants absolutely hate for you not to be doing peetea and walking around something gross.
Speaker 4: So I knew somebody within grown toenails. It was kind of open and he didn't wear socks on a hotel floor carpet. Always wear socks when you're in a hotel. Okay, there's so many in the carpet.
Speaker 2: I wear sandals in hotel showers. I'm real weird about feet.
Speaker 1: No, that was weird. That was weird, right, I mean it's no.
Speaker 4: This is the stuff that people will discover about you on this show, Nick Coffee, weird about feet.
Speaker 2: Got some weird phobias too, and I won't share them because if I do, then people will mess with mean Tay. Let's see if it really is a phobia. Listen, do this, and then I'll have a panic attack.
Speaker 4: You were supposed to text me and I was gonna help you from the jeep.
Speaker 1: Dude, Dwight. He told me he's not coming to get you.
Speaker 2: He said he's gonna he's gonna really have to tough it out. He's done, baby, and you he said what he said.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to be a burden.
Speaker 4: This is what I have to do with I didn't want to be a burden.
Speaker 1: I could see you walking in falling over. Thanks not but good everybody. No, please don't get up for me.
Speaker 3: He's got a word.
Speaker 6: Tony has no sympathy for this man at all.
Speaker 3: He was in here in pain the other day.
Speaker 6: I had to come in and help him because Tony's just like, rubbed some dirt on it and get up. No.
Speaker 4: I smacked him in the face. I said, you want me to take that mind off your ankle.
Speaker 1: That'll yeah, that'll, that'll shift the attention elsewhere.
Speaker 3: He liked it.
Speaker 2: All right, we're out of time, fellas. Have a good show, all right, Mandy Connle on the first hour, here we go. Yep, she's calling for Denver and find out about that psychopath throwing fire on people, so we'll talk to her.
Speaker 1: Take care, everybody,