Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday. Welcome to the Giant BombCast. December third, twenty twenty four, Episode eight hundred and sixty nine. Giant BombCast is powered by Friendship and Batiste, Dave Batista's theme song, Because you yourself do not walk alone inside this pit of danger, You walk with us the Giant BombCast. I'm your host jan Oh Shoa, oh god uh, joining me co captain of the ship you. We are all resting upon his strong shoulders. Jeff Grubb, Howdy, Yeah, I'm I'm here. And that's about as much as I can promise you on this episode. I think I might, I might quite quit this episode.
Speaker 2: What's wrong? I'm not.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there's anything wrong. I don't feel like it. What's wrong with that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I know. I was just saying, I'm like, I'm gonna let these boys handle this one mostly, and so yeah, I'm here. That's what I can promise.
Speaker 1: It's okay, We'll just like politely. Yeah, Dan, it's it's all on you. New news man, breaking news here. Dan record is on the case.
Speaker 5: That's just in the Vampire Survivors is good?
Speaker 3: Who there?
Speaker 2: It is all right?
Speaker 5: Emails the news up top this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Dan.
Speaker 1: What's the email address?
Speaker 2: But cast that giant bomb dot coup.
Speaker 1: I got it one, alright, alright, speedubug got it in one. We got the one and only the bad boy of games media from games Beat.
Speaker 2: So an extra bad today, everybody. Oh that's oh that was I'm sorry sorry for that noise. That was just the bad blood flowing through me and hitting all the bad points. It makes me, It makes me moan.
Speaker 3: You're shot? Do you your bad point? Yeah? You said you're quick quitting. I gotta juice this but up a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know what, what's happening with your blood?
Speaker 5: The bad blood? Like that pay per view you know views ago we had war games? Do you see the new day?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I can't wait till that happens to us.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Who's the Who's the one, Who's the who's like the sad one? Who's the big ee you? You admit you be the big eie and we'll be super mean to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. Should check the post I put up on Blue Sky just now.
Speaker 5: I remember them just roasting me for over five minutes straight because I fucked up the intro of their podcast and so it's like, no, I've seen how me and these guys can be. They just raked me over the coals for five straight minutes. They're way funnier about it with me, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I remember listening to that and just thinking like, oh, this is so weird because I know one of them very well. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was a really incredible piece of work last night, and that was very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, glad to see that. You know, a good, good episode of wrestling all around.
Speaker 2: Huh, it was, it was, it was a good one. Enjoy that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, grewub what quiet quitting? Why don't you feel like it today? It's because did you have too much turkey? Did you not have enough turkey?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's definitely part of It's the long weekend, right at the four day weekend, and then you get to the end of it, you're like, well, I didn't get to do all the things I thought I was gonna do, and then now I gotta go do the things I don't want to do. And there's still plenty of things I want to do work, but barely get to do some of those because we're so busy. So uh yeah, it's I'm like I'll just come in like. Another part of it is like I just you know, I'm playing a game, not gonna be able to talk about it. So I'm like, I should I should have made time for these other games, but I was having fun playing that, So I don't know. It's just I'm gonna come in here with not much to talk about, right Yeah. So yeah, that's the mood that got set as we were getting started. I'm like, and you guys were having fun. I'm like, I'm not for me.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you thumbs down us like.
Speaker 3: You yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh man, power bomb me through a table real quick.
Speaker 3: I do have some some questions about the weekend it was. There were a lot of movies that came out. Uh, did you got any of you guys see Gladiator too?
Speaker 2: I want to? I want you to.
Speaker 1: Did you all participate in Clicked but did not plan Clicked, Clicked, Glick and then Wicked? Yeah, well you know I do. That's clicked Dad. That sounds like a better weekend than how the reviews look. Oh the Wicked? No, no of Gladiator too?
Speaker 2: Oh? I thought that was just to be okay.
Speaker 1: I think that's what exactly what it was. It is just okay.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like they're like it takes like four people to replace Russell Crowe and you never want to.
Speaker 2: Be in that situation for sure. Sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was the other one that came? Oh mona tu Did you ever get around to seeing that? Mic?
Speaker 2: No? Someone, not yet because both my brothers like saw it during the week and I just wasn't able to go one because they saw it at a m and the other one because he didn't invite me. Uh but no, no, not yet. Everybody's like, everybody seems to be like it's fine, So I don't know. Maybe there's people who are more down on it than that made a zillion dollars. There's that a lot of really yeah, how about that little.
Speaker 3: Ton of money? Yeah? Amd it opening all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Molwana one's like the most streamed movie or something right like across maybe all platforms because kids just watch Mowana on repeat or something. So yeah, people are dying for Mawana.
Speaker 1: Do you think like the little gimmicks of the world have a positive perception of the rock right now versus like adults that watch movies.
Speaker 2: Are they saying red one yes, talking about yeah that kids want nothing but Red One Merch for Christmas did come out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had to kick it out of the theaters because it was causing riots because people were demanding more Red One.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pitchforks to get into more Imax theaters changed the world.
Speaker 1: At my local theater, they had replaced all the Wicked decorations, all the Gladiator decorations with Red One decor I just on a whim, I looked up the seats available for any Red One potential screenings. Not a nothing, No, I mean, I mean there was nothing but availability. So you know, let that call your expectations.
Speaker 5: But Dock and I have been chasing this dragon of Christmas Eve. We were in Jersey a few years ago and we went to cheese factory. We had cocktails, then we had Edibles, and then we saw Avatar two and we don't remember anything of that movie. We just remember having an incredible time the whole time. Yeah, that's right, and so we've been wanting to you know, so this this year, we're gonna be in Jersey and we're looking at the movies that are coming out, and we want to see nas Faratu. But I think that comes out Christmas Day and we want to do the Christmas Eve thing like the Avatar totally. It looks like our best option might be Sonic three. So go to the cheesecake factory and get high and watch Sonic three.
Speaker 2: But it sounds all right, start doing showings for Christmas Day releases on Christmas Eve night, though I.
Speaker 5: Thought I looked so far, AMC doesn't have him listed or anything. So Sonic three is the plan unless No Saratu opens up. So so do I need to see Sonic two to understand it?
Speaker 3: Unheard?
Speaker 2: No, you should go see Craven the Hunter. What's that tree?
Speaker 3: That's a random Spider Man villain getting his own movie.
Speaker 2: It's like that's bad though, right.
Speaker 3: Well it's not, you know, listen in your opinion.
Speaker 5: Okay, is it supposed to be a good movie?
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 1: Look, friends, do you remember that Madam Webb came out this Web Connected us all? No, No, this year and that's a lie that part.
Speaker 2: No, it's twenty twenty four movie.
Speaker 3: No, it is weird that like hell Divers came out this year, right, doesn't that feel like another era of gaming?
Speaker 5: And been at wealth coming out this year?
Speaker 2: Is weird?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I remember it because that kind of like started the Flag.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me too. That's where I'm at with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was like because there's that big rush early in the year of like a lot of great releases like Infinite Well, Persona three, Final Fantasy, La trow Prints of Persian and then Hell Divers, So like I kind of remember all of those happening. Madam Web though, God, that actually came out last February. That's insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it is. Do we know if Craven is plugged into that side j verse?
Speaker 3: I think so. I think they all are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, is Kristin or Kirsten? The one in Spider Man Kirsten?
Speaker 3: Kirsten?
Speaker 2: Okay. And who's the one who was the teenage Detective? That's Chris Kristen. Kristen, And there are more than just one Kristen, like many Kristens. They're less Kirstens, fewer Kristens. Okay, gotcha? And Kristin the teenage Detective is Anna and she was one.
Speaker 5: From Deadwood, the one that powers Booth killed in Deadwood.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm never gonna watch Dead Wine now. If they kill a woman, no, he just like bangs on her head until she gets concussed and is bleeding a bunch.
Speaker 5: I don't know if she dies. Uh, she's a teenager and a sex worker, and he just beats the ship out of her.
Speaker 2: Sounds a little sad, looks good.
Speaker 3: Don't get ripped off like that, anime mic, So you're probably be fine.
Speaker 2: That's something.
Speaker 1: Then, Oh god, what are you guys talking about?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Also, she is in Assassin Creed one, remember, Yeah, she's the reason we like found out.
Speaker 3: That it was like, oh, you're actually in a computer simulation because she like dropped that spoiler before it came out, right.
Speaker 2: That's so, that's so weird that Assassin's Creed did the celebrity casting like only really one time, and in the beginning.
Speaker 3: They did in the first three because they were clearly contracted for the first three, and you could tell she wasn't contracted for the next one because they fucking killed her and.
Speaker 2: They had a I don't care what they said. That had to be a wreckcon plot twist or she was a templar all along and that's why we killed her. I was like, she seemed pretty cool to me.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I definitely felt like, hey, let's save some money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, was she that thame I mean she was like Sarah Marshall around then, right, I knew who she was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I was a huge fan of Rocky Mars.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, Buffy Is that like Buffy?
Speaker 3: Why? Because it's they both aired on the c W.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to say Veronica mar was a CW joint.
Speaker 3: Yes it was, Yeah, but uh yeah yeah it's it's I guess. And they star blonde women doing adventurous things. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, See, you can't get your women straight.
Speaker 3: That's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Let's put out the mic. Check see how Mike does with that.
Speaker 1: Oh god, all right, friends, any how, Thanksgiving was good?
Speaker 3: Okay, across the board.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let me let me run this by you and see if this seems as wild to you as it was to me. And every we're going to the poll Zone. We're going to the pul Zone. Do we have a theme for the pol Zone?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: So my dad, who you know has been on this website and beloved Paul Record. He has lived in the same place for twenty five years, the same house, and he's been getting increasingly annoyed that when he goes out to smoke, his neighbors sometimes are coming unto their house at the same time, and we'll talk to him. And he doesn't want to talk to his neighbors. They're all very nice and everything, but he doesn't want to do stopping chats. And I told him, Dad, you have a back deck. I've said this for years. You have a back deck. Go smoke on your back deck. He's like, now that there's something weird with the door. Yet you have to like put a wooden thing there to lock it. I don't want to mess with it. And I was like, all right, maybe you get a new door. And I kept telling him every year, get a new door. Instead, he chose to without telling anyone, sold his house.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait wait, he couldn't get weird of his neighbors.
Speaker 3: Wait that because he had to talk to his neighbors.
Speaker 5: Yes, the primary thing was he needs more solitude because he doesn't want to talk to his neighbors when he smokes. He also didn't want to get a door fixed, so he sold the house without telling anyone. Here's the other fun part. He has to be out in less than a week. He doesn't know where he's going. What he didn't consider the like having to find a new place.
Speaker 3: He gets to be homeless. He's going though.
Speaker 5: His plan right now is he's moving into an extended stay smoking hotel until he finds.
Speaker 2: The next place.
Speaker 5: What about his stuff, He's going to put it in a storage locker.
Speaker 3: I think he's I don't think he ever moves out of there.
Speaker 2: I think that's where he's Many of us brought up this concern.
Speaker 5: He's like, gon'll be fine, It'll be fine. I'll find a place that's fine. It's fine, he says. Look, I won't go into super specifics and numbers and stuff. He is operating off the assumption that everything costs the same as it did in like nineteen ninety two. He's like, I'm not moment to miss until it's perfect, and I want it for this unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Put it this way.
Speaker 5: When I was going to Boston with him and we were going to split a hotel, he's like, all right, find something near Fenway, and I want to spend more than sixty dollars a night. We don't need to go to your bits. You want to go to the Ritz or something. No, just find a normal guye hotel that's a dad. Literally, no place is going to be sixty dollars A name so imagine that to house standards into twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah, So that.
Speaker 5: Was a big conversation all week with him.
Speaker 1: He did he like the house selling? Did he what can he take it back?
Speaker 5: He tried, after he tried, after the inspection, and after the contracts were signed. He decided there was going to be a hole to do to move and told the realtor like, oh, I don't want to move, and she's like, you can't do that. He's like, well, can you just ask him if maybe we can just cancel the thing? And then the buyers got mad at him, and so that's awkward too.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course it's a whole to do to it's like the biggest to do. I know. He did not think about any of this, so he did, but he did go to a realtor like, yes, the realtor, Yes, I helped himselves.
Speaker 5: And he's working with him now and finding the next spot. So he's things are hopefully in motion. I'm keeping up with them.
Speaker 3: I don't did anyone think of like just replace the door or I brought it up every year when he would increasingly complain about this, and he would get very frustrated.
Speaker 2: And that's not an option. I'm not gonna do that. Not gonna do that.
Speaker 1: An he has Paul thought about like putting on headphones and maybe that's the reason why he wouldn't talk to anyone.
Speaker 2: Uh No, he just needs more solitude, he said solitude, But is his solitude? Keep using that word like he's batman.
Speaker 5: No, who is the most solitude of anyone I've ever met?
Speaker 2: Needs more solitude? It's yes, this this.
Speaker 5: Came up a lot, so, uh that's what I'm dealing with.
Speaker 3: It's kind of unfortunate because I think they moved the Ted Kazinski house so he can't move into that. That's a bummer for sure.
Speaker 2: Sure, absolutely, yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I know, no chat talking about concerning Yeah, No, we're all concerned. We all brought up concern. This is a even by his standards, this is a crazy leap.
Speaker 2: So we're all checking in on him. That's nice to you, but like he's kind of he kind of deserves what's coming, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean it's baffling. It is wild behavior, and uh yeah, I'm trying to help him with it. We're all trying to give him some tips and stuff. But what I helped if he brought this up with anybody before you sold. Yeah, just like I like the surprise aspect of it. Yeah, they would have they would have tried it. Told me it's a bad idea, because it's a bad idea.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh man, Paul, Paul, Okay.
Speaker 2: I didn't pay me. I mean you would have to pay me because that's somebody else. But you couldn't pay me to move again. I hate moving so much.
Speaker 1: I hate it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, oh yeah. Is he gonna make you like go over there and help them pack all this ship into that storage container?
Speaker 1: I did go through.
Speaker 5: I had some box there from back in the day, and I helped go through a bunch and find a bunch of stuff to donate and all that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's why you found That's why you're digging up some some fundsies.
Speaker 5: Was posting, Yeah, tapes on the floor behind me that I'm going to get digitized.
Speaker 1: So does Paul want to move and be my roommate in l A?
Speaker 2: Jan want that? Jan don't for so many any reasons. Usually Dad is all for your self destructive ideas.
Speaker 3: Something destructed.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? That only made him stronger? Mike, shut up, quiet, Jan God intervened, wouldn't happen?
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Gave me an debilitating fear of a medical condition that could come at any moment. Yes, yes, okay, I.
Speaker 3: Like Chad describes it that Paul accidentally sold his house.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, that's not an accident. You have to go through hoops for that.
Speaker 2: He's sending me updates. There's there's some leads that are maybe it could be something, but oh boy, got a few days.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I don't like the idea. Well, yeah, I now think of it. Jan and Paul drum Kind ninety two, Jane and Paul living together like Charlie Day and Danny DeVito. That's there.
Speaker 3: You go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like Paul stories make me feel extremely straight laced when I tell them.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, yeah, it definitely helps you on the whole being weird thing that thank you. Can we run a bowl?
Speaker 2: Does this help me against Mike?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: No, we ran the poll earlier. You're still losing quite a lot. But okay, they ran it after the Kristen Curson.
Speaker 3: That's not that's not true.
Speaker 1: That's not true. Your gas lighting everything.
Speaker 2: There's a new one. What's this? Oh? I sold only the first one did What did happen here? Why is this that there? I talked about my bad blood?
Speaker 1: Thanks to.
Speaker 3: Thirty to twenty five, Mike has won the more Weird poll.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's our wild very big favor, thank you.
Speaker 3: Right before that, Dan won forty four to seventeen. So something did happen. There was a shifting after the Kurston thing, so.
Speaker 1: We'll check in before the emails. We'll see who knows what could happen? Yeah, after Dan does the news because Grub's quite quitting this episode. Yeah, boys, and the other Thanksgiving tales happened.
Speaker 2: I can't pop that sweet potato castrole.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, you never had it?
Speaker 2: I apparently I had.
Speaker 5: It last year and had a similar like holy shit, but this time I had marshmallows melted in it, and I had no It was pecans and sweet potatoes and marshmallows, just some aldi so it was just like standard ass stuff. But it was so fucking good. This is like a new revelation for me. I love it, sweet Potato.
Speaker 3: I think I'm still a piece of pumpkin pine in the fridge. I'm gonna go get that. We're done here.
Speaker 2: I'm almost out of my leftovers. Which is sad. I'm gonna I have to go out into the world and eat more real food.
Speaker 3: I'm making turkey sandwich too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, oh man, I'm getting excited about leftovers again.
Speaker 1: I was on the road this Thanksgiving, so I didn't have a proper Thanksgiving dinner. Do you think it's like weird if I just have one this week?
Speaker 2: No? No, no friends givings and no no, no, but myself, oh self givings.
Speaker 3: Those those things. Can you can do that anytime? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Maybe chicken instead of a turkey.
Speaker 1: No, no, Mike, I'm meal prepping for the month. Baby.
Speaker 2: Are you a spatchcocker.
Speaker 1: It's recently you're more of a spatch cocker. Yeah, yeah, because then you can just get the spine for the gravy easy right now.
Speaker 2: It's smart because you got the neck, you got the spine and maybe the wink tips and that's everything you need. Oh good. That was That was my job, was a gravy. I made gravy. So it was fun. I made it rue. It started for like thirty minutes to get it dark. That was fun.
Speaker 3: It's nice.
Speaker 1: It's nice, uh, gentle mispatchcock patchcock the fun word, Dan And what do you think spatchcocking is it is a method of cooking a turkey? Will help you out there.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm going to give it an actual shot. This is not I'm not playing anything up. I'm going to actually try to pickure this out. And you tell me how said some words that were keywords in there.
Speaker 3: I wonder if you were listening.
Speaker 5: I just heard spatch and cock. So I'm going to assume it's a method of coating the exterior of the turkey before baking it. With you take like a spray situation. It's like, you know how you can put olive oil in a spray bottom and spray it to kind of like misted things. I think it's a way of putting, like if you want to do kariaki or soy sauce or like a fun like just get dispatches of it on the outside, just to do a missting, just to get the soy spatches on the skin of the chicken before you bacon.
Speaker 1: Are sa not a bad guess? Are spat dan in your head?
Speaker 3: What? What?
Speaker 1: What are spatches?
Speaker 2: Like splotches?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the cousin of splotch.
Speaker 2: There's cock. Come on now, Sehn, you got that you you described basically like brining a bird. Basically that's a little bit different.
Speaker 3: Then then spatch cockings taking out the spine so that the bird cooks it more evenly.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't want the spine in there anyway.
Speaker 2: Sure, well, then scratch cocking's for you, buddy, who wants the spine. Well, if you when you spatch cock it, you can't put stuffing in the bird because you know there's no cavity anymore.
Speaker 3: It's also extra work before you put it.
Speaker 1: The other gotta so dispatch cocking, you rip out the spine. You basically do a fatality zero yeah, yeah, okay, all right, guys, here's here's here's the plan. All right, I'm doing these cooking videos on the side. I'm gonna go become a cooking influencer, right and then we're gonna we're gonna plant the seeds right around October. Will be like, hey, guys, here's my top tubes for Thanksgiving. You got to sub zero your turkey. And then that's when we do it. That's that's when we infect.
Speaker 5: Everyone's minds to.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh gens I came back from Japan, uh specifically Osaka. Oh yeah, games I guess I was just gone for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah that sounds Jeff. Everyone's gone fine.
Speaker 1: It was fine without us. Don't tell me.
Speaker 2: That someone some some were saying I was like that. You guys can't say that. Some were saying it was much better everybody. I'm loud quitting that.
Speaker 1: I was graciously invited by Capcom to visit Osaka, Japan to check out Monster Hunter Wild's couple. There are a couple of us. Jake Decker was included. Go check out Jake Decker's preview on GameSpot dot com right now. Jake breaks down our experience. Their video is incoming too many real life family problems and real life problems that I didn't have time to work on it. But let me tell y'all, I think this is my first time visiting a studio and kind of seeing more of the behind the scenes type of stuff MOCAP. I don't understand how it works. I understand how it works in concept of like putting the little spheres on someone and having like a million cameras watching them, but in the way that technology has progressed. It is so insane because with the Ari engine, what the Capcom dev team is able to do is they will have these two actors act out uh hunter animations uh and monster animations, which is absolutely insane. So like the hunter stuff, completely understand. It's a guy pretending to swing a big sword doing some of the fun animations. They had a bunch of mattresses and crash pads around. So some of the animations are for shoot where a guy is like full on lunging, and that's great, that's cool. But then the wild part is that some of the monsters are also are also mo capped, so like the Big Bear or.
Speaker 2: Something might bring in their dog and put some pink punk balls on it.
Speaker 1: It is a dude full on acting like a monster, and he's he's going for it.
Speaker 6: If you have a fun job, Dan, you'd be so good at it. You need to quit too, all that that's my job just gonna be me wait too. I'll be working here soon if you won't quit.
Speaker 1: But it's it's so funny because like with with mo cap and like you know, I've seen a lot of like the Last of Us stuff where like there's like, oh my god, like we're on this emotional journey and I'm not discounting that right of of the Last of US actors going through the motions and the scenes there, but it is to be more impressive to see a Japanese man just scowling his face and just just like snarling and growling and crawling on all fours to become a monster. It's so impressive, guys, because then they will take these animations and then because of the Ari Engine, they can like immediately throw them into the game and see how they would look and make like minute adjustments so they'll be.
Speaker 2: The automatically interpolate the animation data.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: This is how they made that Donkey Kong Country show. Dan really.
Speaker 5: What I saw watch it for the eighteenth time and with a new appreciation, and it.
Speaker 1: Was really really really cool because they they took their craft very seriously and because like, uh, the same guy that was the monster immediately switched characters and switched his vibe because then he became your palaco And it was a little bit unnerving. I skated on Blue Sky earlier today, but this guy goes from like snarling on all fours to like being like a little catman and it kind of now makes me feel some type of way about my Palaico that it's actually a Japanese man hiding underneath there.
Speaker 2: It's got better than a soul.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yo, Capcom fire gone off on all cylinders, Like that team behind Monster Hunter knows what the fuck they're doing.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got a limited tour of the studio, so we saw the motion capture stuff. We had like a five hour demo of the game, and I'll talk about that in a second, but they showed us the audio mixing room that they mixed Resident Evil a couple other Capcom games. And the way that they were live demoing the synths in the game to properly show off the different weather seasons was so wild and like so much attention is put into it, like they were adding layers and layers of like synths eighty style since and hiding that underneath like an orchestral score to evoke like all right, now you feel uneasy because now it's like the stormy season, and now you feel a monster coming. The wildest part of the tour was visiting the fully studio of Capcom, and for folks unfamiliar, fully work is when you take a bunch of mishmditting Dave Foley. Mick Foley's there. Yeah, but there's like a bunch of different miscellaneous things, and like a couple audio engineers and musicians will mash a bunch of stuff together to create sound effects for movies, games, et cetera. But this team is so goddamn cool because they were looking at the monsters that are gonna be in Monster Hunter Wild's and they were like, you know, we don't have a real instrument or real thing that like sounds like what we think that thing sounds like, so let's just make an instrument. And then they pulled out like something that looked like a Drew McIntyre style Claymore and it wound up being an obo or like a trombone style thing, and Charles Hart was there and I guess he plays the trombone and then he was like, so do you guys like worry about like landing on precise notes? And then the kind Japanese later was like, no, not at all. This is completely random, but we just had to make this because this is what we felt like it needed to sound like. And it looked like it was just a bunch of peevs, sea pipes and like hoses put together. And she was just.
Speaker 3: Another cool job, just random killing fully artist instrument maker.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, some of those rooms are so cool.
Speaker 5: Like you'll go into some of there will be tiles and it's like here's gravel, here's asphalt, here's sand, and like here's like you know, you're just stopping around in the making it. Like that's a cool hell.
Speaker 2: Disney World used to have an attraction where you got to be a fully artist. It was great. They played they played a short movie they made with Steve mart Martin show is like a horror thing and first they like play it without the sound effects, and they picked people from the audience to go to the different folly stations and they got to add in the sounds and then they play the movie with the sounds.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of fun. And yeah, they they pulled out like a treasure chest with a rubber glove and like an accordion stepper hose thing just.
Speaker 3: Friday night to me.
Speaker 1: That yeah, and they were like, yeah, you know, we just sometimes just fluts around and make stuff just for the sake of making stuff, whether it's for this game or for future games. And it's funny because the the little obo thing or trombone thing that they made, it just sounded like but then like because of their audio engineer, they did like a live demo where they showed us the same footage of the monster they were trying to make a sound for. Uh, And then like after maybe two three minutes of editing, I was like, oh, okay, now I see what y'all were going for, right, And it's so interesting that like they think about the so many different aspects in terms of sound design when it comes to these monsters, because they were like, yeah, this monster has is kind of like a lion comes sweeping in. There's like a proudness to it. And then but the instrument they make sounds like shouts out to the team, So goddamn cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sounds amazing.
Speaker 1: Don't vog will eventually come out, But guys, the game Monster Hunter Wilds, holy shit, Holy shit.
Speaker 3: It feels like a culmination of current of modern dig capcom in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent, boys, I think it is a front runner for early Game of the Year twenty twenty five contenders.
Speaker 2: It's start talking about me.
Speaker 3: No, no, we can, Yes we can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we we can't talk about twenty twenty five Game of the Year before we've done twenty twenty four Game of the Year.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 1: I only played five five hours of it, but within those five hours, I was like, holy shit, like this nice game is cooking. Yes please?
Speaker 2: What were you playing on? How was performance? Because that was like the one thing bumming me out about that PlayStation five beta.
Speaker 1: So I was a little bit bummed out when we rolled into the room because we did play them on PlayStation fives. Performance was pretty okay. They had us play on picture mode, so favoring resolut rather than frame rate. There was still some pop in occasionally, but performance wise it was completely fine. I was waiting for it to like fall apart, but throughout those five hours you held up completely fine. We didn't check out any multiplayer stuff. We're pretty locked into like just solo hunting, but checking out from the very beginning of the game. We hunted a couple monsters that were available in the beta or the demo that came out a couple of weeks ago, but we had full range of the different weapons, and I was looking at all these weapons and I was thinking like, all right, now is the time to experiment. Like I got like the top minds at Capcom right here that could probably guide me. But I just went with a hammer. I just went with a hammer, and I was just swinging for the fences.
Speaker 2: Hamber respond because you do that like just like kind of bunk bunk bunk bunk bunk move at a certain point.
Speaker 1: It was great, It was absolutely great. They this was available in the beta. But you are able to take out a second weapon out on your hunts that you keep on your sacred Your sacred is your mount. It's kind of like a lizard chocobo thing kind of replaces the dog that you had in Monster Hunter Rise. And I personally wasn't using it too much, but then after chatting with the devs for a bit, they were saying, even if you don't like using other weapons per se, like you don't want to carry two different weapons out on a hunt, Like say you're really tied into the long sword and you want to have a ranged weapon, you don't have to. You can still roll in with two hammers, not dual wielding, but you roll in with your normal hammer, and then say the monster is giving you a little bit of trouble, you go to your sacred switch out, and then you have a hammer that inflicts like status effects, status ailments. So now you're poisoning a monster, you're electrocuting a monster, or maybe the hammer you went out on your hunt originally't isn't super effective against the monsters, so then you have the ability to quickly switch out there. The Sacred absolutely amazing. This is going to change hunts on This is going to change hunts moving forward because the Sacred is absolutely amazing. Like I said, it's your mount. You get it very very early and on the game almost immediately, And the best thing about it is that it kind of is like a safety I need a break mode because you just hit up on the dpad, you call it automatically mount it, and from there, your Sacred is just kind of roaming around while you are fighting a monster and kind of like avoiding all the obstacles and avoiding all the attacks so you can heal up. You can sharpen your weapon if you have to, you can eat a ration if you have to, fire off an SOS flare, so you can get a little bit of a reprieve from the hunt while you're in it. Also, it has an auto feature where say you're in that phase where the monster is now heading to another location because you've finished fighting it in one specific zone of the map and it's fleeing to another one. It's not ready to face death, just like all of us, right, speak for yourself. The you hit follow on the Sacred, and the Sacred, depending on the pace you want it to, will like just gun after the monster or slowly go after it. And while you're doing that, and while the Sacred is like on its autopath to the monster, you can still kind of steer around of like, oh, I can pick up these herbs, I can pick up these bugs, and then the like the little gun launcher thing on your arm is a big component in this game, so while you're riding, you can can arm it and wind up like graping different supplies so you can get an herb, you can get honey or like the miscellaneous bugs. It isn't like the sling bugs in Monster Hunter Rise. I did miss those, but having your Sacred as a form of mobility was just so fucking great, y'all, and I can't understate it. S flares work a little bit differently as well, since we were in a single player environment and we weren't connected to a network. The SOS flares are cool because you can just summon ai companions for any hunt, and you know they're not going to work as well as human for shoot players, but if you need a little bit of assistance, maybe you're struggling a little bit, they'll pop in. And sometimes they are like the story characters that you are actually with, which is fun. So you'll see like characters that you're interacting with and cutscenes and like, oh, hey you're here too, cool, sick. Great. They really emphasize not going back to your camp or your hub world a lot in this game. They emphasize a lot on making these portable campsites that were throughout the world, or just embarking on a hunt or a new quest immediately from your existing quest. So you'll finish a hunt and your companion will be like, hey, you want to do something else, we're out here, you want to just scour the environment, just do like a research quest, and you're free to do that, which I think is great. They've really streamlined the hunts overall as well. Like I kind of got fatigued playing Monster Hunter worlds because sometimes as hunts would go on way too long, they would go for like twenty thirty minutes, and.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I definitely felt that way Yeah, I don't mind those every once in a while, but it was I felt like most of the ones I wanted to be doing were getting to be that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these maybe I'm just so freaking good at the game, or maybe because probably very early in the game, but you know MLG and everything. These hunts were taking like anywhere from like eight to ten minutes, which was kind of refreshing because of the focus system that they've added in. And I've always had a problem with Monster Hunter that there's no hard lock on right with a monster here. When you hit focus mode, you're kind of like tank controls in a way where you are only attacking forward and straight on or kind of like auto targeting the monster in front of you. And the focus and wound system is great because say you are attacking a monster's leg a lot, and you will eventually create a wound, and if you hold down your focus mode and you hit your focus attack on the wound, you'll do a lot more damage on the monster than you would just randomly swinging at the different various body parts. Also, it's a good way to hunt and farm for specific monster parts that you need for your armor and your weapons and everything. I don't want to spoil anything, but the armor in this game. I know the fashion and Monster Hunter is a big thing, y'all. You'd be styling and profiling in this game, like there is an early monster that I suggest, two early monsters, I suggest once this comes out, or maybe there's a bigger beta that you just need to go out.
Speaker 2: There's always a bigger beta.
Speaker 1: There's always a bigger beta. You gotta immediately fast track because and complete that armor set because you look so fucking cool and out of place in this world of Monster Hunter, and then you can make your palico look super dumb. Yeah, it's great. I honestly can't wait for it. And it seems like they've, you know, even from the beta and from like the language that they were talking about. They're they're trying as as hard as possible to streamline the multiplayer process as well, because that was that was a real challenge in worlds, especially if someone was not up to date where with where you were in your story. It was just a big hassle. But guys, Monster Hunter Wilds, I cannot fucking wait for February. I mean, I can't wait for February.
Speaker 2: It's it's weird. Because I'm still always like, oh that those are games are coming out next year, but now we're in December, so next month, next year, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait. I cannot wait for a more Monster Hunter. And you know, maybe maybe now is the time that we'll we'll have an actual Monster Hunter. Mondays in our time.
Speaker 2: Now is the best time.
Speaker 3: It was the best thing you wait in Japan?
Speaker 1: Oh mm hmm. Honestly, fucking cone Beanie, guys, that's great convenience store stuff.
Speaker 5: How far were you from an eleven right.
Speaker 1: Across the street?
Speaker 5: Say yeah, yeah, oh yeah, and there's another one right across that street.
Speaker 2: I'm sure yeah.
Speaker 1: And then there was like we were also across the street from a Coco eacha Banya, so like just like the Japanese curry, and then like shots out, shouts out to the gang. Jake Decker was there. Andy Cortez from kind of Funny Charles Hart shouts out to my boy Charlie and like just good, great time, fantastic time eating. But Andy was very hesitant about trying out Coco curry because he's a big fan of a curry spot here in SF. And then Jake and I were like, dog, you got to try this. This shit's all over that in back back at home, and we were both fans of that spot at home, and then like Andy takes one one spoonful of the curry and my man's face just falls and we're like, oh, no, you don't like it. He was like, no, this is amazing. This is the best plate of curry I've ever had.
Speaker 2: It's not so good.
Speaker 5: It's like one of those is where you take a bite and you're like mad almost. We're like, Jesus, how does this a real thing?
Speaker 3: I bet it wasn't as good as the curry I had in Disney.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jeff, I'm here for you, but I felt you seething underneath. Mike.
Speaker 7: Uh, you know we could go to a Coco Eachibania while we go to l A. Yeah, I'm just saying we haven't figured out a place for a team dinner yet, so you know.
Speaker 2: I would do that, Yes, and you don't. Were you going to go? And why don't you go to the place where fashion sits? Okay, I'm sorry now it.
Speaker 3: Was close enough. Instead, that's awesome, we want to go, but you've been awesome, fantastic place again, Like it was also less pressure this time because uh, the gracious folks at Capcom provided like a bus.
Speaker 1: Straight from the airport to the hotel. It's nice and like shouts out to Kyle from Capcom because he like acted as a tour guide the whole time. It felt it felt fun funny because we were on like a little field trip for game journalists and games media people and folks. I don't no one else that was on the trip is listening to this podcast.
Speaker 3: Which one smelled.
Speaker 1: No, no, no one smelled no one smelled great. Andy. Andy's Andy's fantastic. I love Andy. I think we're the bad boys. I think yeah, I think we're the bad, bad boy cool guys.
Speaker 2: Jordan Middler, of course that's not Dan Middler. What what makes you think this sham?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 3: They put him in a special computer in the corner with the Dunce cap and that's yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Did you sign an extra waiver?
Speaker 1: No, because like I'm not saying that's you know, I'm not saying something like games media people ain't be swagged out.
Speaker 3: Or but like okay, you were, you were the bad the good influence for a good time.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm not even saying that but this has never happened to me before. Where Like the group immediately divides into two and one, just like normal dudes, just dudes, been dudes shots the normal dudes shouts out to normal dudes, We're allies with normal dudes.
Speaker 3: But then.
Speaker 1: They look over at where I'm standing and it's like me, it's Andy, it's Charles, it's Jake. I'm like, huh huh. And then I was like, where are the.
Speaker 3: Cool guys are?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 1: And then I was thinking about this of like, this is just how we are. Huh, this is how giant cool guys did.
Speaker 3: What did you do?
Speaker 2: You gonta do karaoke or something? Cigarettes? I didn't smoke cigarettes. What are we talking about?
Speaker 1: I didn't mistakenly buy twenty packs of mental cigarettes in Japan. I'm not gonna make you all get into smoking cigarettes while we're down at LA smoking.
Speaker 2: No, that's not getting into smoking. That's bad. What do you make your mistakely? But what did you did? You also accidentally sell your house? What's going on here?
Speaker 1: Joke's on you, Mike. I don't own a house.
Speaker 2: You got me, You got me? You can make one out of all your cigarettes?
Speaker 1: Uh, one of the fondest memories uh is is going to karaoke and then finding out at karaoke that he was unlimited drinks.
Speaker 2: Whoa, they can't do that. What do you mean you can?
Speaker 1: Anything's unlimited if you can keep paying for it. Don't close you light outside and it's next day. We only paid for two hours. We were there for four hours, but they didn't bill us for the other two hours.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, and we just kept we just kept drinking. Let me tell you, Jake Decker, I know, Jake Decker comes off very well and composed. Jake Decker has the voice of an angel. You need to hear that man sing Rolling Stones. I was like, Jacob Decker, Oh my god. But then Charles Hart, God bless this man's soul. Hearing him sing popular from Wicked one of the highlights of the trip. And then Charles Hart and I singing Leave the Door Open by Silk Sonic Bruno Mars and Anderson Pack singing that together karaoke fantastic, ten out of ten. It's great.
Speaker 2: Are they part of the bad boys?
Speaker 1: Charles is a bad boy?
Speaker 5: Now, okay, yeah, I've been on a million of those, like press trips where it's like, let's meet in the hotel lobby at eight am, and we'll go over to the studio and you go down there and you can instantly, even if you don't recognize a single other media person, it's like, oh, here's the eight dudes, all awkwardly sitting in a circle, facing each other, all looking at their phones and not talking. But in that situation plenty times I think I found the crew. Okay, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: We also stuck out like a sore thumb compared to everyone else in the hotel. Also got bye, Mike, just te me wearing pants? Yes, Oh okay, Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Oh did you get some salvage? Okay, all right, you got some suffrage, denim.
Speaker 1: This is first segment is already going on long. Okay. I split off from the group and Jake was like, where are you going? I was like, I need to go buy pants, and he's looking at my pants and he's like, what are you talking about? Andy's like what are you talking about? Other people are like, you're buying pants here. I'm like, I gotta go, And I walked thirty minutes out of the way and I get lost inside this mall because the store that I bought these genes from that I finally got from Nicky. Over the weekend, they had another story in Osaka, and I was superjuiced. I had a great experience when I visited them in Tokyo and I was like, Yo, your boy's gonna load up on jeans and shirts. It's gonna be great. And then I walk in the dullest experience of my life. Everything there was all super skinny. My thick thighs could not fit into anything. They didn't have overpriced the white T shirts. They didn't have any jean jackets. I was gonna. I was thinking, like, you know what, Alex Bonnello bought a pair of Onny Denham when we were there. They looked good. I'm gonna go buy those too. They didn't have those.
Speaker 3: I don't have those.
Speaker 1: They didn't even have the cool Hawaiian shirts that I bought.
Speaker 3: They just have like regular jeans and regular expensive jeans.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, guys, I'm not about this, not about wow. And then jan yeah, and then I joined the group and Jays like penciled.
Speaker 3: Rejoined proud of that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's proud of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, still laughing, And then Shaky look at him. Shake.
Speaker 5: You can't here listeners. He's shaking and biting his finger.
Speaker 3: Second he said you panciled, and that's also pretty good on my finger.
Speaker 1: He's slapping his thigh. Now, oh my god, his eyes are popping out of his head.
Speaker 3: Turn into a cartoon character himself.
Speaker 1: Now he's levitating because he smells pie chilling out on a window. Uh that was that was Japan, Oh Soka, Japan. The video is gonna come out. I swear to god it's something a good time. I'm looking forward to that game though. I think we should all go to Japan together.
Speaker 2: That would be great love that never been.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, y'all would oh my god, guys, we would eat so much, so we wouldn't spend that much.
Speaker 3: I would. I would not take my ocepic that week.
Speaker 5: Now, Mike, would you with all your like? Because you know we are the weird food guys here. And I wonder like because the first time I went to Japan, I remember thinking like, all right, I got all my weird food hang ups and stuff. But my first time Japan, I'm just gonna eat everything. And I was going with timp Terry and I was like, just show me where to eat, and I'm not gonna do any special no, none of this, none of that. And I eat everything and some of it was weird, some of it was gross, but some of it was like, holy shit, I'm so glad I tried that. This is not one of my favorite foods.
Speaker 2: Would you do? I don't think I'm gonna be that adventurous. It's like I'll try something, but with sushi, right, No, No, I mean it's not that I'm not I'm fine with just you. I don't like it, like it doesn't gross me out or anything. I just don't like sushi. I tried it again in Japan. I guess if people want me to, I just don't really.
Speaker 3: But it's like, you know, Japan's got all the foods you get anywhere. They just make it better than everywhere else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not really that worried about it. I'm sure I'll find things to eat, right, Like, you know, I could eat because I could eat ramen, I can eat curry, I can eat the takatsu whatever, right, all that's tons of They have kf season Fridays also, so whatever I.
Speaker 5: Think Koko Ybani, I think you'd like a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, the spice was so curry grub. The spice was so good.
Speaker 3: I know. It's like I am like, I've been laying the groundwork for we should take the family to Japan in several in a couple of years. It's that's gonna be a little bit tougher than Disney to pull off.
Speaker 2: A couple of years.
Speaker 3: They have what's that they have?
Speaker 2: Kirby's there, Okay they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like you know, in like three to five years is what I'm thinking, Like, try to you know, get save up, go there. Stefph is unsure because she's like she's she doesn't like seafood, and she's imagines that's all they have. No, No, I don't know, there's no I know, right, I started explaining that and now it's like, no, it's not just like different kinds, Like they really do have some of the best food in the world. So yeah, I'm trying to lay the ground work and we'll see if we can make it happen.
Speaker 1: Speaking about Kirby, the specific mall that Capcom brought us to because Capcom had a store there. They had just opened a Kirby Cafe.
Speaker 5: That people in the game game. I know that now because I played it with Mike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. We did cook people.
Speaker 1: Yes, so goddamn cute. This was like a little gotcha. I was fantastic.
Speaker 3: Uh all right, did you guys do that Kirby Star allies? We did?
Speaker 2: It was fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's got a weird game, as Kirbys do, but it was a lot of fun in the double tap to run run. It's weird and take some time to get used to, but it is good. I see why.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 3: Thanks for sure bringing them through that, Mic ye with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking about games that are good, Mike Minatti, you've been playing Dragon Quest three h D two D.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I still been playing a lot of this. This has kind of been my my go to game for the holiday weekend, right kind of playing it not just like for sleepy time. Even when I get up, especially on those holiday days, I didn't really have to go and do anything. I just kind of stayed in bed a while longer. It's like, can played more Dragon Quest three because it is just absolutely delightful, especially this the kind of like fun mid part of the game where it opens up. It's suddenlyys like you need to go get all these orbs there's all these orbs you need to get and they're all around the world. And if you play the game without the kind of guiding on like how it originally is, it's it's neat because you sort of have to go wander around and actually explore and talk to townspeople and they kind of give you clues or tell you where to go, and that's fun. That's how I did it when I played Dranquest three back when. But this issue two you remake does have the we'll just tell you where to go things, So it's also fun because your world map just has all these circled locations and you know you can just go there and it'll get you going in the right direction. Yeah, it's just I do really you know, that's not something you have too much in JRPG specifically, it's kind of like more open section where it's like there's like six different threads you can pull on. Now there's generally more go to this town, this dungeon, this town, this dungeon, and there's side things you can do to kind of break it up. But I really do like this structure. That's a big part of why this game is so point and the world map is a lot of fun because it is just the world, so you are going to places like it's version of Australia, right, And one of the kind of more fun ones is you go to the New World and it's you know, just the North America, and you find a guy who wants to start a town, so you have to have a merchant in your party, and then you leave the merchant behind with him to start the town. And now every like so often when you go back to the town, it's a bit more developed and there's more things to do there, and eventually that leads to you getting another orb too. Just a bunch of delightful stuff in Dragon Quest. Really really pleased with this HG two D remake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wish I had more time to check it out. But there's too many RPGs this year.
Speaker 3: There's too much, And that's how much. I'm like, I'm holding like so many half started half begun games, half finished games in my hands, and I'm like, it's stressing me out, so I'm like, I'll just start something new instead. But and then I see something like dragon Quest three I'm interested in, and then I start I'm like, I could finish this and this and this, and I just feel guilty.
Speaker 2: So is Brothership one of those? Are you kind of like done with Brothership?
Speaker 3: You want to brother Brothership is one I want to keep playing a little bit. Yeah, but it's not not a priority, especially as we get closer to the Game of the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not like a thousand your door for you.
Speaker 3: Because because you'll hurt me.
Speaker 1: Yes, speaking about finishing off little bits grub you put on here Laura Lai and the Laser Eyes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I started this one up because I'm like, I'm one. This is one of the ones I thought I might like the first game of the yeartime. Yeah, first time, and I'm still pretty early and I'm not. I'm like looking for the puzzles. Yeah, well I'm not. I found like one, and then I've found like a book that just has a bunch of puzzles in it and it's like there's no way to enter the answer. So I'm just sitting there going through this book, uh, answering these problems in my head one after another, and you.
Speaker 5: Should wrap those down because they're elsewhere.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, got Yeah, that's that's that's the thing. I'm like, I'm not a huge note taker I'm not a note taker at all in life, and especially with me when I play games. Yeah, I'm pretty good at keeping a lot of stuff in my head. I'm getting the sense I'm gonna have to write down stuff in this one. So there is a note feature on the Steam deck when you hit that left use damn, so I'll misplace it. But I'm like, I got I guess I am looking for some uh maybe tips to like find some puzzles in the world that I can actually interact with. Uh, I'm I got one on the wall where it's like it says order and there's a picture that's out of place, and I'm working on that one, trying to figure that one out. I thought I had a couple of good leads on that and either thing worked. So I'm like, I don't know what I'm doing, Like I'm kind of lost.
Speaker 1: You kind of just got to poke around some stuff you'll quickly learned doesn't matter to you in that moment, Like, right, don't worry about any of the posters for in the beginning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're kind of like moving past everything really quick. I'm like, eventually I'll just stumble into the thing I'm supposed to be working on it.
Speaker 5: Follow if you see red in the world, that's gently pushing you towards things that matter.
Speaker 2: I feel as yellow you would have known.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely put some white paint on this. God damn. Yeah, all right. I like it's vibe. I'm like, it's the puzzles I am solving that I can't input anything for. I'm having a good time solving those. But like this is weird. I'm like, am I playing the game or not.
Speaker 5: It's very difficult, Like I was not able, Like I love stuff like that, and I had to tap out at a certain point, but like I very much respect what it's doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's like that's to me, that's like very enticing because these are the kinds of puzzles that I find I really enjoy throwing myself at, and I consider myself pretty good at them. So I'm like, I want to see if I can be up to this challenge, and uh yeah, so far, it's like I'm just struggling to find the puzzles and that that always irks me sometimes. Although it's not so far here, it's like I think I'm just not on this game's wavelength yet. Sure.
Speaker 1: The game may also be longer than you expect it to be grubbed because I thought I'd made decent headway and progress and then I look at the in game in progress, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, well done.
Speaker 1: Thirty percent of this game.
Speaker 3: Shit, yeah, it seems like there's a lot to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. Uh speaking about little updates, Dan, you have a bunch of little updates on miscellaneous games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just yeah, all the way in the Vampire Survivor's whole again, I've restarted it and I'm like thirty hours into it again. I'm like, oh, yeah, this is probably one of my favorite games of all time. Casavania stuff. I think I'm at the very end of unlocking everything for that and that level and all of the stuff that goes into it is such a like, like I like all the maps and Vampire Survivors, but this is one that feels like a game in itself basically, And so yeah, absolutely loving that still Call of Duty, also playing a bunch of that, played a bunch with Kayla. It was real fun, Like brought a laptop and she was on the big screen. Just double XP weekend, playing a shit ton of.
Speaker 2: That Prestige I Prestige in a call of Duty for the first time ever.
Speaker 5: I've proceid rehearst time since like maybe Modern Worker two or Call of Duty four, Like, it's been a long fucking time, and I Prestige. I'm like halfway to another prestige. That game is so fucking good.
Speaker 3: It's really fun.
Speaker 2: I definitely, but I like it. It's very it's a lot of fun. Yeah, the weekend with the double x P was cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they added the prop hunt and I'd always heard about that and I hadn't really played in.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I tried and didn't love it. It's just like a lot of like watching people run around and shoot it barrels and cones.
Speaker 2: You know, did you see that? Did you see the clip of my brother trying to shoot somebody as a toilet for a while and missing? That might sell you on. It ended up being play the game and like this toilet is just like going. It's like they're they're like opposite sides of a pool table, right, It's kind of like he's trying to just toilet as it's jumping up and down. I was dying.
Speaker 5: Outside of that, obviously, I was traveling, so a lot of steam deck like Vampire Survivors called it with Kayla, and then I joined her streams for she beat Metal Gear Solid four, which is still just I think the best story I've ever seen in a game. Uh, And I saw her beat Silent Hill too, So now I've at least seen most of Silent Hill too. I think I have a lot more respect for now that I kind of understand. Oh, it's more than just a spooky town. It's actually unbelievably sad. Oh yeah, yeah, learning about like neither of us like the credits rolled and both of us were like, what the fuck was that? And then people explained it to us and we were like, oh, that's real sad. Yeah, that was some pretty uh harsh rough themes for a game to be dealing with, and uh wowsers. It seems like they did a mostly good job with that.
Speaker 3: I think that's the response they were going for.
Speaker 2: Yow wowsers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the back of the box quote. You can use that for the rikers.
Speaker 2: Oh God, I really like Silent Hill to remake, and that kind of get a little bit further away from having been in and or closer to the end of the year, I'm like, that's pretty high in my estimation for the year. Actually it's not quite like, you know, a top three contender for me, but it's going to be high up there. I was really impressed with that.
Speaker 1: Ma I'm with him, Mike.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not used to the idea of like the dude I'm playing in a game being shitty. I'm used to playing games. It's like you're the hero, You're the doom guy, You're the cool, solid snake, you know. And this is like at the end of this and learning like what this guy was, it's like, I don't like this guy.
Speaker 2: And I was controlling him. That sucks.
Speaker 5: Like I'm not used to that, and that was pretty interesting to see. But yeah, that dude sucks ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he's he sucks. James sucks. Yeah, yea god him in his stupid hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looks like a dope.
Speaker 1: He looks like what actor does he look like? I can't.
Speaker 3: He looks like a goo goo doll? Right, he looks like a.
Speaker 2: Goo goo doll?
Speaker 5: Or maybe the who is the guy in Game of Thrones, the brother the mances brother. Oh jam It's like a dopier version of that dude, right, yeah, okay, cards a great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, definitely yeah, I believe in Harvey Dent. Harvey Dent too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: That game seems a good I don't know if I would enjoy playing it so much, because you know, I tried back in the day and it was just frustrated how many fucking locked doors there were. But then like hung up on these locked doors, like, yeah, there's so many locked doors in that game. There's so many.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know there's much more than in like a classic Resident Evil way more like in the apartment like that.
Speaker 5: And my friend rented it back in the day, and like we got in the apartment complex, I'm like, fuck this, Like we were gonna play it all weekend and beat it, and like we just both got so annoyed to the locked doors and stuff.
Speaker 2: I think the roommate makes it pretty clear, like you get this key, you go to that door.
Speaker 3: I would say.
Speaker 2: The mechanics, like, you know, besides all the psychological stuff, I liked the battle mechanics pretty good, the kind of ducking and weaving and dodging, and no, it's almost a little I don't want to overseew this, a little punch outiness to it in terms of like knowing the tells and when you should hip back, especially because you know you AMO is scar so a lot of time you are just using your board with a nail on it or whatever you have, right, Yeah, exactly, it's kind of it's fun. It's fun. Uh so Yeah, yeah, I want to clear, be clear. It's not like punch Out.
Speaker 3: Really, it's more like Calisto protocol.
Speaker 1: Probably more like protocol. But yeah, you're talking weave and you pick your spots, put it on the box. It's like punch out.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like that poker game Jeff bought. It's the it's Halo with.
Speaker 5: Chips, Halo with Chip reviewed that Stacked with Daniel whatever the guy's name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with chips. People didn't see this. Yeah, this is the greatest box quote of all time. Decided stacka it's not gonna go with It's like the Madden of poker. It's Halo and Chip says Stacked could be the Madden of poker games.
Speaker 3: Nigel Goodman esp in the magazine and then Halo with Chips credited to Maxim Magazine. Maxim Magazine article.
Speaker 2: I gotta know if there's more cos.
Speaker 3: It's not the review. If not, but nobody wouldn't be right it's probably in the it's probably in the preview, or or maybe like a like they had like an E three special with this game at E three. I guess it would have been yeah, something like that, or it could have even like been in like some real player media or something that they like saw the game and called it that.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, I'm handling with chips poo peo pew. He's great.
Speaker 3: He's dual wielding a kembo chi.
Speaker 1: We need to stop describing for audio listeners what Mike does.
Speaker 3: They know?
Speaker 1: By the way, Mike still hasn't stopped floating from the pie.
Speaker 3: He smelled.
Speaker 2: No, pretty good. I don't even like pie.
Speaker 1: Mike Manati speaking about things you do, like though you have been playing Mega Man ever, cade actually don't know this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well so so tam got set uh I think the street Fighter one that they came out with and talked about it, and then I was like, oh, I was looking. I was like, wait, there's a Mega Man one of these, and I like Mega Man a lot. So I just asked them nicely and they sent me one. So that was great. And it's right over there behind me. If you're watching what these are, they're kind of miniature little bar top arcade machines. This one comes with the two Mega Man arcade games, which are kind of like just boss rushes and they can co op played, which is neat. It has Final Fight, Strider Nice in the round, and one shooting game. I forgot always forget the name of the shooting game, like a shmump of some kind. So like the Street Fighter wants all those like fighting games, this is more like capcom other more actiony arcade games, which is a lot of fun stuff. I love Final Fight, I love Strider, and obviously I love the Mega Man's so and you know, playing it it feels good. You got one set of you know, the joystick and the buttons there, but you can also connect controllers to it through Bluetooth or whatever, so you can't do two player on some of the two player games, but also weren't anything else. I just love it as a decoration, right, Yeah, it looks nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I got the street Fighter Arcade one up, and it's just like I played it like once or twice, which is gotten a track screen for Street Fighter going all the time.
Speaker 2: I like that. Yeah, yeah, is that anytime I'm streaming now or something? I get to pick one of these games that just kind of let it play in the demo mode back there, and I think it looks nice. I can actually swap out the Marquee because it's megamun right now, but it also came with the Marquee cards for I think Final Fight and Streider. I'll probably just keep Mega Man in there because that's you know what I like. I like the ARKDE one up stuff for sure, and this is smaller than that obviously, right, but let's think about this. Is you just take it out and it's all there. The RKE one up doesn't require quite a bit of putting together for as much as you do actually play these things. For most people, part of me is like, look, the RK one up is already a smaller version. I know it's more of us freestanding arcade thing, but I'm like, yeah, this thing is almost more convenient in some ways and gives me a similar experience and it's easier to kind of move around and stuff. But the ever cade they take cartridges, like you could buy cartridges and there's two cartridge slots so I could get more games.
Speaker 5: They have the affordable thing too that Yeah, the everricade cartridges and stuff. They did they send it to you after you said you liked Mega Man on this podcast.
Speaker 2: No, I just had to reach out to those specifically because Tam talked about Industry Fighter.
Speaker 5: I always want to try something I have always enjoyed Mega Man. Let's just see if that works. Okay, okay, I don't understand. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I love jacking in.
Speaker 2: We know everybody yeah on that street. Fine, but no, thank you, thank you to ever came for said to be this thing. I like it a lot.
Speaker 1: I think it's very neat, fantastic, fantastical.
Speaker 3: I bought another Chinese handheld.
Speaker 2: What do you you got me on these things?
Speaker 3: I kinda I kind of like, just did it in a fugue state. Let's see if I can. I can't remember what it's you exalt like I just in a meeting. I just bought it before I knew what I was doing. Hang on, let me see here.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think second got found in the ceiling. If you like quiet, quitting your consciousness.
Speaker 3: Exactly, it's the trime, the trime you brick handheld, it's called a brick, but yeah, it's right exactly. I got brick.
Speaker 5: Oh, I see it. It looks like an analog.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it's apparently very good. I think retro game cour did a video on it, and I was watching, I'm like, I want it, and then I just bought it kind of without thinking I don't need it.
Speaker 1: Do I want to get bricked up?
Speaker 3: I think you might want to get pricked up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to get breck It's I.
Speaker 3: Wish it had the like the burgundy color with some stock. It looked really handsome, but I ended up getting the white one. It's it's it's on its way. But most of I'm just like I thought I was done. I thought I was not doing this anymore, and apparently I'm never done, so I might as well just give in and go back to my old ways.
Speaker 5: They feel good to put together, and then you get all the cores work and everything.
Speaker 3: And like yeah, all this stuff like just yeah, it's like a part of that is is very it's animal crossing, right, it's just setting up a world.
Speaker 5: But there's different use cases for each one of these. I think, like I know, in my pocket isn't like a Chinese handout. That's like more of a like crazy some.
Speaker 3: Like some are like the you know really high quality and you got to keep them nice, take care of.
Speaker 5: I want to play for a man, Yeah, I want to play through a full game. I'm doing that on the unlocked pocket. I want to throw something in a bag, and that's the sp thing that pulls up you are going into a steam room.
Speaker 2: I'm you got the joke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like some are good for that, and it's like, okay, well that will got a bit sweaty. We'll see how it does. But yeah, I do find myself like picking up these for different use cases for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. These also make like good gifts for theies in your life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're like relatively affordable. Yeah, you know the I guess you could like clone like one SD card and clone it yourself, so you don't like buy the preloaded dusty card from Like that's how keep Retro does it. Like you could just pay a little extra and they'll just send you an SD card. There's a bunch of games on it, and I did do that. I do like that, but it is also fun setting it up yourself. But once you start doing it as gifts, there's a handful that are like these are cheap and they come set up. Just get those and send them out to friends, and most people appreciate, especially if they have the Easy UI installed already.
Speaker 5: I find a lot of them are afraid of Nintendo pursuing them because they'll have like every game except for like nothing first party Nintendo.
Speaker 3: So you just that's a recent development. Yeah, they used to not care and last couple of years weird, huh, a little less a gung ho on including Nintendo stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: God, I'm just looking at all these dumb handhelds I don't need, but I kind of fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think I'm like, I'm looking for one more after this will probably be has a much bigger screen. I think. I think we're kind of getting to that point where they're gonna have like seven eight inch screens on these that will be relatively affordable, so that.
Speaker 5: When I see Chad saying, oh, I wouldn't mind collecting these except the batteries and all of them are taking time bomb, Wouldn't that be great if I don't use the like any kind of the the gas line of my porch because I'm afraid it's gonna blow out my house, and then eventually my house blows up because I just have way too many.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, you're gonna have to move into that hotel or whatever. Smoke I'll start smoking, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, Dan, if you need any packs of cigarettes, I may or may not have you. Okay in l a boy speaking by smoking cigarettes, you may be inclined to you his mouthwash after that, just like the game I've been playing, and I beat Mouthwashing?
Speaker 2: You beat it?
Speaker 3: How long was it?
Speaker 1: And half come back? I thought we lost the show Mouthwashing. I clocked in about two and a half hours. Grub. I know you were talking about doing a stream on Wednesday and or Thursday of trying to cap off some miscllaneous Game of the Year candidates.
Speaker 3: Maybe this could be one of that.
Speaker 1: The list is a first person horror psychological game.
Speaker 3: You are.
Speaker 1: You take control of a couple of people on the spaceship the.
Speaker 3: Toll Bar And said, and also I follow up to that fish game I played during ah guest.
Speaker 1: Maybe the same devs.
Speaker 3: I mean, we'll look it up.
Speaker 1: Mouthwashing. I really really enjoyed it and the story it had to tell. For folks that are a little bit squeamish and get a little spooked too easily. There are a couple jump scares, not too much in there that will ruin your night or ruin your day, or increase your blood pressure too much. My gripes with a game though, is for the most part, you're just going from point A to point B, talking to your crew, figuring out small little puzzles. Is the bits where they introduce now you kind of got a stealth around aspects of the game, or else you will have to restart a level, or maybe they suddenly give you a weapon and you have to clunkily use that weapon, and sure it's probably designed instea away where it is supposed to be clunky, but that kind of hampered my enjoyment of the game. The story that they have to tell absolutely basshit insane. The game is called Mouthwashing. But you are on a spaceship deliver like a delivery ship, and you are just a cargo ship, and you're a crew of five, and you figure out the different dynamics that descend when you kind of get marooned in space with four other folks and limited supplies start to get scarce, and maybe there's some funky jazz going on in between the characters. If you're looking for a quick two and a half hour, three hour scary, spooky game to cap off the year. Highly highly recommend mouthwashing if you're looking for an existential crisis game and you don't want to play a long game like a thousand X resist or metaphor and you just want to slowly disassociate in space about if this is perhaps, uh you'll only ever measure up because of your mistakes, then that is for all right.
Speaker 3: I think this is from the dove the data how fish is made. So if you watch that a few weeks back that we played and we're interested, you got to follow up.
Speaker 5: I was what you said in mouthw washing and trying to picture what it was, and it made me think, would it be good DLC for powerwash simulator if you're a little dude in a gross mouth and you got to clean up teeth and like really get in there, get the.
Speaker 3: The string guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, guy run in there with some power hose, black remover.
Speaker 3: Stuff, ginge of vitis.
Speaker 5: That might be I don't like two stuff, but like I feel like that would be satisfying, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think if they do it in like a stylized way a little bit, so it's not like photorealistic mouth that I'm in.
Speaker 2: No photo people like that are yeah, ye.
Speaker 3: Put me in the mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This game passed. Uh, definitely passed my my screenshot test of playing through it, because as I kept hitting F twelve I was playing, was like, Damn, that's a bar. Damn that's a bar. Damn that's a bar one of them. This is a little bit like game. This won't give you any spoilers, though. One of the characters is just saying I hoped I could raise my children to be better than their old man. And then I was like, God, damn it, this fucking game. I didn't want to think this hard. I didn't want to feel this hard. So I'm gonna go take quick bricky break and then we'll talk about the news right after this grub. Is there anything I can do to get you to do the news segment? What if I play the music, I'll work them up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get them?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, he's alive.
Speaker 1: He's shaking the ropes like my taste.
Speaker 3: I'll no, no, no, now, of course not all right. Yeah. We got some news here from softworing not really considering Eldering two development from software director Hittiteka Miyazaki says the studio is not currently considering an Elderring sequel. Miyazaki mentioned the studios working on diverse projects, but didn't provide specific details. You know, the game did very well. Elden Ring twenty five million copies sold, and it continues to sell, will continue to sell for years. They had the DLC that was very successful this year after the DLC. I'm a little bit it's a little bit easier to understand that because it's like, Okay, now, this does feel like a package that we can just sell for a long time and they don't need to rush into elder Ring two. I think when eld Ring one first came out and it was doing so, it's like, well, obviously they just do elder Ring two next, because that'll be the thing that just does so well. But seemed like it took way longer for them. It did take way longer for them to make this one than any of their other games, and I think maybe they were like, let's try some other stuff in the meantime. Well, Eldering continues to do its thing. That's fine for them. How do you got how are you guys feeling about you know, the future from soft in the games they might be making.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still am curious, like, because can they really go back to more of that Dark Souls Bloodborne?
Speaker 1: Right? Uh?
Speaker 2: Sekao slightly smaller scale now or even the next game is not Elder Ring two, is it's still something of that scale, like well, now, hey yeah, it's blood Born too, but it's that scale of Valor Ring. It's a giant open world now, because that's what people really really really liked, right. I know some of the Souls die Hard still prefer that Dark Soul style for sure, but I'm not like expecting Dark Souls four or something like that. I mean, they have a completely new trick up their sleeve, right, But it's it's very hard in this industry to scale back, right, Everybody expects bigger, bigger, and bigger, especially when you were kind of reaping rewards from that. They're in a position where they can kind of do what they want to a degree. It'll be very interesting to see what that is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they.
Speaker 1: Go back to you Armored Corps.
Speaker 3: They'll do another Armored Corp. Yeah they will.
Speaker 2: I bet they will. I mean but even then, right, like Armored Core six the best knowing Armored Corps, but it did to do twenty five million copies, like freaking the name for elden Ring Metal Chaos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think that they probably just sprinkle in a couple of different things here in the next uh you know, five six, seven years where it'll be there probably will be something a can to a Dark Souls. They probably do go back do something that way. In the meantime while they began prototyping the next big massive open world game, whether that's elden Ring two or something else, but that'll take a really long time, and they seem to want to keep things fresh and have a you know, a game every couple of years. That's what they've been able to do. And I think they're going to kind of keep trying to do that. And I think, you know, they will set the scope appropriately, right, Like the problem is the next thing if it's not a big open world thing, actually probably we won't sell twenty five million copies. But that means just scope it appropriately and know what it is and try to hit your audience really hard. And then as you are approaching to do an ald Ring two or whatever, at that point, you didn't like waste all your money expecting the next one of these games to do twenty five million copies. That would be a problem. New PlayStation handheld report has been backed up by Digital Foundry. Now. Digital Foundry corroborates Bloomberg's report that Sony is working on a new PlayStation handheld. Sony's handheld console is still in the early stages of development and years away from release. Digital Foundry has heard rumors about the handheld for several months. The future of offering a handheld in home console options seems likely for Sony. Microsoft is also working on handheld gaming prototypes, but any potential device is also still years away. So it's like a lot of smoke here. Now. It's interesting. It's like everyone hears about this, and also it's very early in development at the same time, so not like people are like steaming prototypes. It is, no, they're considering doing this, but they must be so serious about it, and everyone is hearing about it.
Speaker 2: Right, Everyone's gonna have to have one of these, you know, you know, this stuff is like seven years maybe away, but that's about the time where, yeah, you're definitely gonna need to have one of these on the market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, by seven years, you absolutely have. Now, when I went down to Sokal to go to Disneyland and Universal. Over Thanksgiving break at my hotel, this dude had uh busted out a gigantic gaming laptop and had like a controller and everything, just hanging out in the lobby and then I was also kind of getting some quiet time and I bust out my Steam deck. He walks over and it's like what what is that?
Speaker 2: Well, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: And like do you have good news for it? I'm like, sir, let me welcome you to the future. This is a Steam deck. And then he's like, wait, what you could play PC games on that? And then he was like can you can you mod that thing? Can you put stuff in that? I'm like, you could pull whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think, Mike, you're right. PlayStation Xbox moving forward, they're going to need one of these, Like a handheld that's going to need one. It's going to be it's going to be a skill you have to have going forward. At some point it might be the only skill. Isn't it wild that like VR was not the thing that panned out, but handhelds were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good call by Nintendo.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah yeah yeah, yeah, Like I think I always kind of felt that way where it's like, if there is this thing that could be something, but please just give me a cool handheld. But obviously that to me, So yeah, i'll, we'll, I guess see at some point what this thing looks like. There is still chance maybe it never does come out, or this version of it doesn't pan out. But I think that if they continue to like really focus on the PlayStation brand, they will always have a PlayStation console that goes under your TV. But there's an audience increasingly clearly that does want the handheld, so you have to serve them there.
Speaker 2: What do you say, I've been seeing even more switched to rumors popping off two in the periphery here. I don't know if you've taken any stock of those, Jeff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's some leaks of the joy Con that look a lot like Joycon, and there is what like apparently some third party peripherals are already on sale and things like that in some areas that they think is based on official specs from Nintendo. So yeah, I mean that stuff's happening. A lot of stuff could have been like in the works for a very long time, like to the point where Nintendo was like, hey, we will provide certain stuff on this date, and here it is and then actually, no, no, now Nintendo is moving the Switch to release later, but those things are still getting ready to come out as if that thing was maybe going to launch in late twenty twenty four. So yeah, I mean, they got to talk about it soon. They do. We know they're talking about it before the end.
Speaker 5: Of March, but we're excited to reveal that we will be revealing the Switch too during the countdown to the Game Awards.
Speaker 2: It is everybody Thursday something. Wow. Yeah, what a scoop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dan, Dan's really been out there hitting the pavement to make this happen.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I'm very proud of that for you. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: PS five ads limited time PS one boot up and customizable themes based on previous consoles. Sony has released a PlayStation five update celebrating the brand's thirtieth anniversary that allows players to customize their consoles designed with themes based on different PlayStation generations, PS one, PS two, three, four, five, and a thirtieth anniversary theme. The update includes features like the PS one boot up sound in the startup sequence and customizable visual and audio options for the home screen. So you could just make your PS five startup like a PS one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and that rules.
Speaker 3: Yep, that is a very cool thing.
Speaker 2: That's great. Thirtieth anniversary has been pretty good. Yeah, why is this limited time though? Like is that gonna go away? I just I always wanted to sound like a pis.
Speaker 3: You should keep that PS Yeah. It's weird, like like you install that, you get it ready, and then eventually it's going to not do that anymore without you doing anything. That's weird. It feels like if you just keep it set to that, it should keep working.
Speaker 5: I feel like I haven't poked around to the current state of themes and stuff because I got the pro and I made me realize, like, oh I didn't even realize, like you can put these like dynamic Like it's just a bunch of like on your old laser micro chips and stuff back there, and I want to see what other option through.
Speaker 3: Yep. Now they got a bunch of based on the old PlayStation consoles. Yeah. But yeah, that that thirtieth anniversary video they did was very goodly well done. Yeah. Uh, some people, some Bloodborne fans are are reading into.
Speaker 2: That because it's like reading anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's just like it takes persistence or something like that, and it's like they're talking about playing the game.
Speaker 1: What they're talking about it they're talking about Yeah, because all right, persistence in the souls like who is weirder Dan Mike or Bloodborne fans? That be incredible if we turn this around so that TAM always loses.
Speaker 5: What did they have any twisted the Medal in the thirtieth anniversary?
Speaker 2: I think so, yeah, a video It wasn't an astrobot at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Twist the Medal with PlayStation but of course yeah.
Speaker 2: Was was that one of the ones that was in the credits and people think it's going to show up in some other DC or something like along with Rayman I forget? Oh really, But you're right. It's very strange because that, Yeah, that's very placed, decent associal I mean.
Speaker 5: There was a time though, like a year probably like nineteen ninety five before Crash Bandicoot where I picked for it, like, oh, sweet Tooth is like the mascot of PlayStation, and then Crash was kind of unofficially that you know, there was that show.
Speaker 2: Not too long ago that people actually liked. So yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Strange, uh, Club Mochi. Mochi has a giant limited edition. It's actually they say ginormous Kirby plush for one hundred and fifty dollars big.
Speaker 2: We're talking a home.
Speaker 1: It's a big boy.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh okay, here are the specifications. It is uh okay. It's fourteen inches high twenty eight.
Speaker 2: I think I want like love sack size, but it's it's thirty five inches in length, so that is why that's like three feet.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's not checking pretty big. It's pretty big, but it's not a love sack, so sorry.
Speaker 2: Love sack baby of se.
Speaker 1: There it is all right.
Speaker 3: Players are accusing Tencent's latest game of copying. So these Horizon series, you see this, Yeah, Light of Motoram developed by playeris Quest.
Speaker 1: Every time I've googled this game, I keep putting Light of Motrin, very different results.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ten cents tenset did this. Yeah, this just looks exactly like Horizon Zero, like you would think.
Speaker 5: Screenshots of it are Horizon like. It's mechanical dinosaurs, it's the bow and arrow, it's the hair.
Speaker 2: It's holy just like.
Speaker 1: The like American like buildings, like the enemies, like the robot animals are just straight out of there's a bowl.
Speaker 3: With like the horns like just pointing a slightly different direction. And that's the only difference.
Speaker 5: Can they If you're going to rip something off, at least do an interesting ip.
Speaker 3: Actually, Horizon I decided for us that no, we should really all get into light up the motor ram. What do we do though?
Speaker 1: What it just like appeals to us in some weird way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, Yeah. It is a little different than the gameplay. It's got survival elements, you build a base. That stuff is not in Horizon necessarily, so uh, you know, it's gonna play a little bit different. But boy, the way it looks is just straight up Horizon zero done is so wild.
Speaker 2: It looks like it might play more like Monster Hunter. I guess, yeah, what if this.
Speaker 1: Like kind of steals all the thunder from that multiplayer Horizon game that they're working on.
Speaker 3: That is real, there's a chance that it does. I think there's a chance that does way better because this could very easily end up being against an impact sort of situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but it's funny because at the time we're like, oh, get your impact is like Breath of the Wild, and you know that seems so innocent now compared to them.
Speaker 3: That was right, That was like just like the flavor was similar. This is just exactly the same in terms of looks all right, let's keep moving here. It's time to move on, says PlayStation veteran shoe Hay Yoshida as he leaves after thirty one years. Shoe Hay is a veteran, obviously. He basically is there from the beginning of PlayStation. He started in nineteen ninety three, which is if you do the math, before PlayStation one came out, and he's been working there ever since. For a while there he was the head of PlayStation Worldwide Studios, more recently been in charge of the indie relations between PlayStation and external indie studios. And now he's like, no, I'm just moving on, and he's not retiring, he said. He says he wants to stay in games, but just not at PlayStation and like, you know, now's a good time to get out right where it's like, you know, you have been there for long. The PlayStation is on top of the world. The indy relationship has actually been repaired a little bit in the last couple of years, thanks in large part due to what he's been doing where they were complaining a few years back, and that's sort of calmed down a little bit. So yeah, him being like, yeah, I'm gonna do my own thing, and he could do whatever he wants. So I'm curious to see what he does next. I think there's a chance though, he might end up at like Netty's or ten Cent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I was taking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe there's a reason why started putting out light of motor.
Speaker 3: In Yeah, exactly. Tencent likes to hire intensent and and he's like to hire a lot of Japanese developers in studios, and he's got a relationship with a lot of those people. So he would be a very valuable.
Speaker 2: Executive, I think, because I mean the other thing too, is I don't know, I get wanting to move on, but gosh, you've been there forever. You must have a pre secure position there, a pretty cozy position. I feel like one of those companies are maybe offering him a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Yep, I think so too. Uh okay. Xbox says it's still blocked from selling and launching games from its Android app. Google says it isn't. This is this one came from Chris Gollan of VGC. I just kind of got copies of this here. Xbox and Google provide a conflicting statement on whether Xbox can sell and launch games from its Android app. A US judge issued a permanent injunction October, acquiring Google to open its Android marketplace to competitors and allowing third party Android app stores. Xbox promise players that it would do that, and it's I said it would start like doing that in November. November's coming gone. Now Xbox says that a or yeah, they said a new like a reverse excuse me, a reverse injunction has been placed. That is happening because Google is they're what's it called when when you have a court case and they're trying to appealing it. They're appealing it. And while that's happening, Microsoft is actually not able to have its own app store. Google basically came back. It's like that, that's not true. They've always been able to do that. I think that the problem is that neither company's especially saying is yes Google. Apparently a Google doesn't allow you to do that. You just still have to give a cut to Google. And what this original court case was saying, is you no longer have to do that. You can go out and make your own app store, put it on Google Play, and take all the money for yourself. And that's what Microsoft is really saying that they were going to launch. So it's in this weird place and I kind of come back to with all this stuff where I always come back to, are you guys going to care that you can suddenly buy games on your mobile phone from Xbox directly?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: This stuff is always so much just mega corporations arguing with each other. Yeah, and I have a hard time following it. And OK, it's like, I'll let you I'll let you all sort that out. I guess this seems very important to you, so you have fun?
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I don't feel the immediate rush of like, oh man, I gotta buy that game right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean even like I suppose if this is what I need to install to play Call Duty Mobile in the future, at some point, I'm like, one's the less time I played Called Duty Mobile. That's like for a couple of weeks when it came out. But yeah, some people will do that. They'll just kind of find themselves ending up in this store and that's what Microsoft want. But yeah, this is not an exciting proposition to be personally. GOG plans to preserve Warcraft one and two even though Blizzard is delisting them. GOG will continue to support Warcraft one and two after they're delisting from its storefront on December thirteenth. The games are part of Gog's preservation or persev excuse me, a preservation, Yeah, preservation program, ensuring that compatibility with modern systems will continue. GOG will use its resources to maintain compatibility despite their delisting. So basically what's happening is those new games, new versions of the game came out. Blizzard's not going to be doing much with the old versions anymore. In fact, they are delisting them. Gog's saying in our on our side, we will handle some of that for these games going forward, even though you know, I don't think you're gonna be able to buy them anymore, but if you own them, we will ensure that they have that compatibility remains, which is a cool thing that God does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's weird for Blizzard to just straight up pool these things. I know they did their recent remass but you can let those so on its own. I can't imagine that sales of these Gog versions were really cutting into the sales for their new remasters. They could have just let that well enough alone. It is nice that the Warcraft went into Gog versions are discount right now. You can use the discount code make Warcraft Lift Forever one word, so you can kind of buy those now. If you're worried about it. I will say that, you know, Warcraft fans could be pretty particular and they have a lot of issues with those new remasters. I was playing them, and I thought they were good. The new graphics whatever you can put on the old graphics, maybe you probably should. I thought they played well. But like I said, Warcraft people have a million little issues with things sometimes and they have a very particular idea of how things should play.
Speaker 3: Right, and at the very least it's like, yeah, why not maintain that if it's possible, And that's what they're doing. Yeah. Star wars Hunters is coming to PC in twenty twenty five. Star wars Hunters was the that switch and mobile game from zinga kind of a hero arena shooter sort of thing. R Katie Shooter had a bunch of fun looking characters. I thought it played pretty fun on the Switch now, but it's expanding coming to PC, and yeah, I'm glad to see this because it's, oh yeah, this game must be working and the strategy worked, and now they have the possibility to expand it to PC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like to try it. It kind of you know. Yet we're pretty close to Marvel Rivals releasing here, Yeah, and I feel like that might be taking over that that space pretty well. But so maybe maybe Hunters can have a little niche there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's definitely like Marvel Rivals is like a big jugger not and this is like a cool little thing off to the side. I think that's definitely the case here. Crash Team Racing nitro Fueld is coming to game Pass this week. Microsoft plans to add Crash Team Racing nitro Fueld to game Pass on December fourth. It's happening a little bit slower than I was expecting a lot of the Activision games getting added to game Pass.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I thought this would be much much sooner or a more rapid cadence than it's me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Spind it trip Beat, I've heard. I didn't play this when it came out. But I heard it's very very good, so I will probably check it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Same, And a game like this on game Pass would be the kind of thing like, oh, this can do very well there, all right, last story here. Nintendo's NS version of Tetris is coming to Switch Online this month. The NES version of Tetris will be available on Switch Online on December twelfth. This marks the first official re release of the nineteen eighty nine home console version. Game features two modes, A type and B type. Blah blah. Everyone remembers this. Yeah, it's a shame that this was not included in part of that Tetris history game Tetris Forever that Digital Clips did a few weeks back that I really really enjoyed. But at least it exists somewhere and Nintendo Switch Online, Hey, I'll play it.
Speaker 5: There cameos from Marion Luigi where was? I feel like this is the version I played? Is this a really common one? Had the same box art as the game Boy one? Maybe not there there was a tingin.
Speaker 3: And tingin did the one the black cart of it?
Speaker 2: It must not be the black cartridge one then, yeah, because that's not your ten carts. There's no way Martin the Leeds were in that. Okay, Yeah, it's cameos weird. Yeah, it's look, I mean it's neat to get it on there. But does feel like with n s O, like if you get one thing, you don't get another thing because the drip feed is so slow. Boy, are there already a lot of ways to play Tetris on my switch?
Speaker 3: Yeah? This is that is a good point where that's definitely what I was thinking. I saw. It's like good, finally a way to play Tetris on Switch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me Star Tropics too, damn it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that seems unlikely.
Speaker 2: Dora's Revenge whatever the hell's name is they like they added a bunch of those Genesis games recently.
Speaker 3: Does seem like they're still doing stuff with Nintendo Switch Online. Part that might just be, hey, we got to fill in some of these gaps until Switch Too is out, and this is the way they're doing it. So yeah, Actually, like.
Speaker 2: I liked the end I played. I play these whole games a lot, actually, so I go into the libraries all the time.
Speaker 3: That's one of the things I did actually over the Thanksgiving holidays play a bunch of Donkey kong Land. Yeah, Donkey kong Land too. Would you guys the last thing before we move on here? Uh, you guys expect like a big expansion to Nintendo Switch Online when Switch two comes out, where they try to like repackage that.
Speaker 5: I hope they, I mean everything that's already available. I would hope Stay is available. I hope we wait again and for them to start no virtual consoling this thing up that won't happen.
Speaker 2: GameCube is what I want.
Speaker 5: I want Gamecubee I have, I have.
Speaker 2: I don't expect GameCube. I just don't think it's happening. I think I think that they're happy taking those games. If they're going to give them to us again, they are going to remake them, a remaster them like they've been doing with Metre Prime. We'll just Mansion and uh when right, like like that's that's a path there. That's the kind of weird thing. I don't know if I expect a big spans and I hope we get a bunch of more games, but I don't think they're going to be really adding consoles beyond the N sixty four, the DS on WEU like they could do DS. Yeah, I wish the figure out a way to to do DS. You know, there's some older weird consoles love to see, like get turbographics, get the Master System right and sixty four.
Speaker 3: I would love to see Saturn right.
Speaker 2: Sadur would be amazing. But I mean Turbographics was on the Wii, right, we have Turbographics virtual probably.
Speaker 3: I think Turbographics does probably happen eventually.
Speaker 2: I hope, so that would that would rule. There's a ton of good turbographics games. You can do Tterbographics CD games like Rondo Blood, which would be absolutely amazing.
Speaker 3: That'd be cool, and then you can finally play Rondo Blood on the switch.
Speaker 5: There's the weird Caslvania collection that because there was the one old Caslavania collection that had all the old games, and then there was the one on PS four that had Rondo Symphony.
Speaker 3: Right Symphony, yes, and that's not on switch to this.
Speaker 2: Day, okay, because those are just PSP ROMs basically from that Dracula X chronicle. So that's why that's only on pay Station four. So you cannot play Symphony a Night of Rondo Blood on like a switch. An Xbox or PC. Symphony is on Xbox.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, Xbox Xbox three sixty yeah, Xbox Live version. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that backwards though? Like, could you play it on It's.
Speaker 3: That's actually how I first played it. It's solid one Xbox one, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But there should definitely be a new castve collection for Rondo and symphony that yes, yes, yeah, clearly.
Speaker 3: All right, that does it for the headlines, Jan, I'm handing the show back over to you.
Speaker 1: I see a crude image stretched out and pasted in this doc. Uh so I'm gonna need to erase that from my memory and take a quick breaking break and we'll be back with the email emails. BombCast at giant bomb dot com is the email address to send all of your emails. To send an email about a question you got. You need advice about a gaming thing, perhaps not a gaming thing, Perhaps you're seeking a second opinion on something and you're coming to us for some reason.
Speaker 3: Sure, all right, move, bad move, bad move.
Speaker 1: But we'll do it and again. If you want to avoid a awkward social interaction, please feel free to send email to us at BombCast at GiantBomb dot com. First email comes real quick.
Speaker 3: When I was sitting with the other dad's a bibity Bobby Boutique, waiting for the girls get their hair done. I definitely consider writing into an email to BombCast at giant bomb dot com.
Speaker 5: Oh, you probably have to be around just dads frequently that like you don't have anything in common with right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that weird?
Speaker 3: I mean that that happens occasionally. It's I just I need my solitude, is what I think in those moments. Yeah, I consider selling my house.
Speaker 2: I started smoking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you see, I start smoking and still in my house.
Speaker 1: Yes, Hello, bomb casters and bomb trackers. Last night, in the wee hours before I woke up, while I was drifting in and out of sleep in between the dream world in our own I thought of a thing. I felt it both too funny and too stupid not to share. So here it is. Boz Lherman ranks. Top five boz Lherman Movies Number five, sing Dance, number four musical the Movie, number three, Friends, season four, episode seventeen, the one with all the singing, Number two, sing Dance to Revenge of the Songs. Number one, Blade Runner twenty forty nine. Jade from Seattle or j from Seattle.
Speaker 2: I need this one, explained to me. I don't get I.
Speaker 1: Also needed explained to me. I thought this was a bit from last week. You guys talked about boz Lehman. No, no, no.
Speaker 3: No, I was I don't remember any boz Lerman.
Speaker 2: Who's boz Lerman? Did uh? I remember? Yeah?
Speaker 3: What's the Mulin Rouge?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The new Elvis film?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so stuff I would like. Yeah, mostly it's all on the Dan REKERU.
Speaker 3: Who else? Thank you?
Speaker 2: J from Seattle.
Speaker 1: Good email, Good email, Mike. What would you rate that email?
Speaker 2: I would give it three giant Mike Batistas out of seven. Oh okay, all right, we have a live email coming in.
Speaker 1: I don't know who's doing this.
Speaker 5: I think I do. It's not a hacker.
Speaker 1: Someone is someone who's hacked the main frame someone. Well, I know who's doing this? Okay, all right, all right, I mean who could say all right, I'll let this email come in.
Speaker 2: Thenfore you there? There you go. I got that. I got.
Speaker 1: Next one comes from Joshua, Newfound, Newfoundland Gaming Time Travel mission. Good afternoon, bombers. Your mission is as follows. You have to go back in time and lead development on a successful game and have it be just as successful, if not more successful, in that timeline as it wasn't ours. You were going to replace whatever key figure figures lead development on your chosen game, but you will have access to people with skills that would be considered industry standard for the time, since they don't expect you'll be able to actually master the technical skills yourselves within the confines of this hypothetical. Which game do you choose and why? Good luck? Good hunting? Josh from Newfoundland Twist Metal too, and I think that's a safe one. Yeah, yeah, I was gonna say maybe Tony Hawk pro Skater too.
Speaker 2: I I'm gonna mess it up because like Tonya's for Skater two, you really got to make sure that they get the physics right, and that could be a it's a very sensitive thing.
Speaker 3: Like it's like you mess that up a little bit and it feels wrong. We did one already though, Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure off. I want to pick a game with like a ton of people in it and hope that like my incompetence won't matter. But I'm just being charge, so it might matter more.
Speaker 1: Or a game with very few people in it, where uh not like I have us to do organization wise, but there might be more expected of me, I might actually program something.
Speaker 3: I'm the question said, you don't need to program it, you'll be fine. Yeah, you have access to people that could do. Basically, you just need to be the Steve Jobs playing the orchestra saying the game needs to be like this.
Speaker 2: I think Steve Johnson's bullshit, though.
Speaker 3: Well, you definitely will need it to be bullshit. I'm just saying. I'm just saying, you've gotta be a conductor, that's all. You don't have to play an answer.
Speaker 5: I would just have to be the Jaffy on Twist Medal too, and I think I can do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I tetra some I'm like if I went back and uh, you know pageant Off Alexi pachet Off, I had to like be in his position. But I know even more so what this game needs to do, like because there's some ideas that you weren't in this in this original version that I can help out with.
Speaker 2: So yeah, maybe if I was in charge of that kill zone launched over Placetation four, it would not have been any less successful.
Speaker 1: Shadow Fall, Yeah my game higher Yeah, come on, absolutely, it's a hypothetical.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. I've grounded and really kills liberation for PSP at least, I'll just.
Speaker 1: What can you do?
Speaker 2: Haes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ok, maybe I could do hayes. Okay, alright, all right, all right. Next email comes from Andreas Nilssen in Andreas in Sweden. They write in about flying. Hi, have you ever dreamt that you have the ability to fly? I had a dream like that in my early teens and still my best dream by far. If I combine all my erotic dreams so far, they still don't compare. I'm still waiting for my second flight dream only almost forty years later. Sad face, have a great address in Sweden.
Speaker 5: You gotta learn how to lose ad dream. Flying is like the go too fun.
Speaker 1: It feels real as hell. Yeah, I wouldn't want to wake up though.
Speaker 2: Yeah you do usually like crash at some point it wakes you up. Yeah, I think I like did at one time, just like this, and I remember it was hard. It was almost more like I was kind of floating along the ground, and like it took a lot of concentration to keep keep I was about the say to keep it up, to keep going.
Speaker 3: I yeah, I don't have dreams, I have the ability to fly. It's more like I've been afflicted with flying and I can't really control and I'm like floating into the air. So yeah, I problem the affliction of flight. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you all something? Yeah? Yeah? Do you do you have a lot of erotic dreams? I don't, And I feel like it's weird. I feel like I should have more.
Speaker 3: I knew we I'm glad we all did it.
Speaker 2: You just wanted to talk about yours.
Speaker 1: So it's like I feel like that should be like I felt like that should be like a.
Speaker 2: Very commenting to dream about. It doesn't happen that often. I think we should all just be quiet. Let Mike keep talking. I asked you a.
Speaker 1: Question, all right, Next email, it's about the origins of the Tanuki myth. High BombCast crew belated, Happy Thanksgiving and upcoming holidays. Hope you all Thanksgiving break went well. Writing in based on an old quick This is a fat email, by the way, it start paying attention old quick look that made its way back into the Giant Bomb infinite feed on the break. When playing the original Mister Goiman arcade game, Dan mused about just where the myth about the Tanuki have having giant balls came from being a bit obsessed with tanuki myself. After all these years, I have the answer. The myth comes from a mix of metal smithing history and good old fashioned puns. In the nineteen seventy one book Knowledge about Steel, author Shigeo Okuwa describes the taiale originating from metal workers in Kanazawa Prefecture working on gold leaf. These smiths would commonly used tanuki pelts as a cushion for hammering out gold balls kin no tama in Japanese.
Speaker 4: Mike least before, I don't have erotic treat This is a different type of eroticism, though, as a result between the inherent malleability of gold, the smith's skill, and the durability of tanuki pelts, it was said that the Kanazawa smiths could turn even a small portion of gold into.
Speaker 1: A sheet they'd spread into an area eight tatami mats add in how kintama is slang for terms of testicles in Japanese. These sheets of gold leaf became heavily associated in turn with tanuki, their size transferring to the conception of tanuki balls. In turn, as an added result, tanuki became associated with wealth, then good fortune, further entrenching the connection to the idea of to the idea of tanuki having giant balls of its own independent a bit of folklore. As far as the statues you see across Japan, it turns out their popularity is much more recent phenomenon, coming into vogue during the post war period thanks to ceramics craftsman Tetsuo Fujiwara, who crafted a series of tanuki statues to welcome then Emperor Hirohita to Fujiwara's town of Koga in nineteen fifty one. Uh sorry, email, I forgot to write in your name, but thank you for telling us about balls.
Speaker 3: It sounds a lot like how things get like started at giant bomb dot com, where it's like just a bunch of guys doing like that sounds like balls, and then suddenly that's the whole thing there.
Speaker 2: You guys ever see pom Poko? Yeah, yeah, yeah, balls. Yeah. It's funny because it's like it's did GHIBBLI just making another one there, very good animated movies, but like a central theme here is that these raccoons have balls that get very big. Yep, oh you like stand on them right, Yeah, they could do lots of things with them. They turn them into parachutes quite a bit so they can fly.
Speaker 1: Do you have dreams of this?
Speaker 3: No, now that would be erotic?
Speaker 2: All right, right, no, it's not a clear.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. Next to email comes from Stephen K. C. Bombers. I'm upgrading my computer for the first time in eight years, ten seventy to a forty seventy. Two questions One, do you have a game that you all that always gets installed on a new PC? Two? You have a go to game you like to replay when you upgrade your PC to unofficially benchmark the improvements? Thanks Stephen Casey.
Speaker 5: We're past the Crisis era, right, Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Actually still pretty fun to play Crisis on a new PC. But yeah, it's we're definitely past that. I don't know, because it's like it's stop being as fun, right because there's a certain point games look pretty good on them just about they still look pretty good on a ten seventy, like that's the thing.
Speaker 5: So well, yeah, and it's like now you can just bump it down to like ten eighty and still like crank everything to ultra and it's like, yeah, that looks incredible, you know exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's like yeah, I guess so, Like it does come down to, like when new games come out that really push things, it's like, okay, that's nice to have the new hardware. It's not as fun as the Crisis era, unfortunately.
Speaker 5: I always try to make sure I have like you know, Red Alert, like especially with the remaster now, but all the old Man of Conquerors are on Steam so that's when it doesn't push the polygons. But it always has to be installed.
Speaker 1: You know Minecraft for both questions, they just get a good texture pack. Look at that thing.
Speaker 3: Seeing Yeah, man, I'm want to do some more Minecraft with the art exalating.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I have heard people say like cyberpunk kind of like the New Crisis.
Speaker 3: And a lot of it also runs on anything to it runs on Steam Deck pretty well, so it's just it's not the same.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 5: I kind of do the same thing I do with all these Chinese handhelds is like, all right, let's get all these ans ROMs in here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's honestly is like RetroArch is like the first thing I put off. Ye ye are a couple of more real quick I said the word RetroArch, and subconsciously I clicked and opened it right, it's my system.
Speaker 2: Bar.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at that.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 2: Do you do the blue background the PlayStation three style?
Speaker 3: One? Oh? No, I should though, cross media bar, cross media bar a good ui.
Speaker 1: Uh. This next email comes from Phil from Anaheim. Hey, Jan, I've had some young coworker's birthday party waiting for people to arrive, and it's already past the dinner reservation time. So I'm writing you per your request instead of standing around. It's your favorite milk tea, Phil from Anaheim, sent from my iPhone.
Speaker 3: It's uh shay a milk t I don't know anything about TI as evidence by the time I put a.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't fit into the milk tea category, but like the greater genus of it.
Speaker 2: Sure, Yeah, I don't want milk in my tea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm me too, all right, Dan, your question not a big time. I don't want milk on my table at all.
Speaker 1: Get away, sorry, Sean, Sorry Sean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get Sean and Wisconsin away from me.
Speaker 1: I need you guys to respect Shawn's culture.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm not going to bring that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, okay. Christ and Suffolk England writes in Hello bomb Cast, what will Mario's new gimmick be in the next Big three d adventure Mario. Okay, Sean, I think everyone expects it will be an open world of sorts, But is that enough of a change for a series where every new game is based on shaking up the feeling of traversial traversal? My theory riteable donkey.
Speaker 2: Con no no.
Speaker 1: Ps. My four year old son has been curious about Mario games after playing the wonderful Assist mode in Mario cart eight Deluxe, So Dan in particular will be pleased to hear I load up Super Mario Sunshine as his first proper Mario jump game. Yes, keep up the good work, Christ from Suffolk, England.
Speaker 5: It's gonna it's gonna ruin him because you're giving him a jet pack to start with. You know, it's gonna be like he's jet packed list the entire rest of the series.
Speaker 1: What if what if Mario rips off Astrobot.
Speaker 2: Oh and he gets feet lasers.
Speaker 1: He gets feet lasers. He finds like others Marios.
Speaker 5: Now, if they're gonna do that gimmick, they just give him Flood again. It'd be insulting to flood if Yeah, they should.
Speaker 3: Do a mouse level though, where he can shrink down Jesus.
Speaker 5: That I mean that world, the big small world and three and sixty five.
Speaker 3: Could he just like change? No, yeah, exactly, That's what I'm talking about. Honestly, Astro should have a new level with that too. There should have been like five levels based.
Speaker 2: On that crazy world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, yeah, I don't know. How do you guys feel about Super Mario Brothers Wonder these days? Because I really still love it.
Speaker 5: I like it a lot, but you know, it's kind of how I felt going in. It's like this will be a fun little side thing, but it's not the next Nameline.
Speaker 3: How did you what?
Speaker 2: That is nothing to do with the question, Yeah, why are we talking about We're talking about.
Speaker 1: You, son of a what?
Speaker 2: Whoa what? I wasn't like?
Speaker 3: Now, how do you feel about whether where it fits into the Mario no that I was?
Speaker 5: That's how I feel I think about Wonder, That's how I feel about it.
Speaker 2: That's how you just think about its mainline.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's a good side it's a good side thing.
Speaker 3: Oh my god god. Yeah, move on, because I was gonna try to have a real conversation with my real human friends and Dan Reichert's here. I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: I stand by what I said. Yeah, it's stupid.
Speaker 3: Okay, look, go play Stacked in this podcast.
Speaker 2: Check my review.
Speaker 3: It's it is still mostly wrapped by the way.
Speaker 1: It's uh there we go stacked Stacked till Bilotro could run all right. Final email of the show. This comes from uh rick No, not Ricky from New Mexico. Nikki from Los Angeles, Hi, first time, long time. A couple of weeks ago on the BombCast, I asked Dan Reikert for food recommendations in the city of Kansas City. He told me to go get Casey Joe's from Country County County Road ice House. I went there and I got the Burnt Ends. It was really good. It was tasty. I had a good time eating. I also got an ic cocktail. Nicky from Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Hell, yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 5: Everyone thinks, understandably that my food opinions are to.
Speaker 2: Be cast aside.
Speaker 5: I get it based on many things I've said, But I'm from Kansas City. I know the barbecue.
Speaker 2: Nick you.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you enjoyed the Burnt Ends. They're incredible. They're also really good souvied I got a new suvieed machine and they sent him to you and a vacuum sealed thanks, So you just PLoP it in there for a little bit.
Speaker 3: Pop, PLoP them in the Suvi sixty for a couple hours. Oh my god, I should get Sam that's h Christmas Vi.
Speaker 2: That'd be fine everything what's google is about that?
Speaker 1: But then you're gonna get a vacuum steeler.
Speaker 2: Though, sure you do. You do need one of those. Also, look, I gotta go back to the Mario Wonder thing is that's like, oh, Dann's getting them all so riled up. To be clear, that's not a bit. Dan one hundred percent believes that super Mario Wonder.
Speaker 3: He's not a he's not working us.
Speaker 5: I believe it's a very good opinion. It's not an adult.
Speaker 2: It's not because like in his mind, like these games have to like keep getting progressively bigger something to him. So so they did that three D game goes back to a two D game that can't count the three D World.
Speaker 5: Three D World is one of the best Mario games, and it's a side. One side is not a national That.
Speaker 2: Is the stupidest one that is by far because that doesn't even make sense with your own logic. Really, that one is just wild. Want would put you in the deck?
Speaker 3: Yeah he would, he would stop on it. Actually not an erotic way either, it would. His logic for that one is it is a follow up to three D part of the three D which is a handheld game, and so it's like that can't count in his mind.
Speaker 5: But it's a different structure. It's not the big like open the hub stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes, part ends are Yeah, they're pretty good, Jeff. Did you order mine yet?
Speaker 3: Yes, they are on the way there did my season season, but fr seasoning the Fri season is the thing you said to get. I had to like do a certain amount anyhow, because at certain levels before you can order delivery or free delivery or something like that.
Speaker 2: So I threw at they get some sauce bottles and stuff the sauces.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yep, I and then I'm basically do the exact same order for myself. And that's gonna be Christmas dinner.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, last night.
Speaker 3: I need to get on the casey Joe's damn, just just win a bet against me and I have to buy it for you.
Speaker 5: That is a good bet. Winning thing, like a fun thing. You wouldn't necessarily splire jump for yourself all the time. But yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: What if we just do that for team dinner? We just get that delivered to lay That would be great Nicky's house. Sorry, Nick, I'm volunteering your house. Yeah, uh, folks, that does it. For emails, BombCast a giant bomb dot com is the email address speaking about Nikki speaking about the last email or happy related birthday to our own Nicki Grayson, Happy birthday, birthday. Everyone guess how old Nikki turned forty?
Speaker 2: I know, I saw their their their skied about it. Okay, I can't answer. That'd be cheating.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well everyone at home, go go right twenty nine.
Speaker 3: Okay, come on, Mike.
Speaker 1: He was supposed to be an interactive thing where we asked people to comment and we boost engagement.
Speaker 2: Come on, they said it in chat too. It's fine worked on this podcast on the podcast talking about bring energy because everybody else is quiet, quitting or loud quick. They don't have my bad blood hitting their bad points and getting them all worked up. I'm sorry. If you want me to be the bad boy of games media, well here.
Speaker 1: I am smoker right now, have a neurotic dream right now?
Speaker 2: Yeh never that though, I don't know how that.
Speaker 3: Used the game Brio engine, like like fucking oblivion.
Speaker 2: Quite a bit.
Speaker 1: God, I want to be Halo with chips that.
Speaker 2: How many times did they tell you it was Halo with chips? The press release was really just like, Yeah, this is the next big thing.
Speaker 1: What do we got going on for the rest of the week. It's the week before the Game Awards, folks, so uh, most meetings, So meetings plenty. Uh, if you haven't heard by now, we somehow have been entrusted to do the pre countdown Game of Awards stream before the proper Game Awards. So these two hooligans will be talking to people on the streets. Uh. I'll be running around with with stuff and I have be in my ear. I have bes and Darrears. Tam Lucy will be handling the main stage along with Emma. That's why that's why Backlar has been been of his His brow has been so furrowed because he's in.
Speaker 2: So many meetings.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also GB at night next week we're doing one night. We're bringing the couch back. Uh, look forward to fun segments shouts out to Wendy. Everyone throws some dubs in the chat for Wendy. She'll never see this, but hey, just do it for me. This week, Wendy, we got a we were doing blake club.
Speaker 2: Oh check, Lucy, I would love to, Okay, what was up with? What was up with last Monday? When all of a sudden, You're like, guys are doing blake club in five minutes, making sure you're good? And I was like, what, No, I'm not good for that.
Speaker 5: Because I live and die by the calendar, and so I just wake up every day and like what am I doing today? And I look at the calendar and I will come on Monday. And I had a blake club thing there. I was like, oh, I guess we're doing that.
Speaker 2: Who put that on the calendar?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I figured that's what I was doing.
Speaker 1: I was so confused, like what, no, what I can't do blake club? Like the site page was already live, like Lucy's getting suited.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I was like, I just wanted the calendar and do what it tells me.
Speaker 1: Probably a voicemail dump truck grub game mess yes.
Speaker 3: Yep, YEP, game mess for the rest of this week.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll do Marvel Rivals for upf.
Speaker 3: Oh sure I do that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I really there is an ultimatum. Chat's reminding me here. Alex Navarro, the god of Blake Club, did give an ultimatum that if I don't start my Blake Club game by the second Tuesday in January, I'm getting a third game attached to my things.
Speaker 2: So we got to get Lucy suited up. Say that sounds like a you problem.
Speaker 3: I don't really care.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: I told him it's kind of out of my control, but he didn't seem to care.
Speaker 2: In whom I'd argue with God again?
Speaker 3: Problem?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, we we got stuff planned for a Game of the Year, folks, Do not worry.
Speaker 3: Do not worry.
Speaker 1: I know, no big stage show, but we will be having fun with that. What we learned today, I didn't learn squad. I didn't retain any information today because I forgot how to podcast.
Speaker 3: Folks.
Speaker 1: Did I hit record?
Speaker 3: I did hit record?
Speaker 1: But that about does it for the Giant Bomb cast this week? Oh gosh, should we pre record next week's podcast because we'll be traveling.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna be going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, should we just do a traveling Tuesday. Right, So I guess we just recorded Monday.
Speaker 2: Do a Monday Jimmy Jam, I just do it Monday again?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, all right, okay, okay, God, next week, This week is going to be so busy. Next week is going to be the rest of the year. The rest of the year is going to be so after next week, I feel like it's gonna slowly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if we get on the other side of our our work in LA, we can maybe have a breather.
Speaker 1: Or we do a Tuesday mini from my hotel room.
Speaker 2: Those those are fun.
Speaker 1: Those are always fun. Yeah, specifically has to be my hotel room for one reason. But we watched movies in either back of or Mike's hotel room.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's right. What are we gonna make Mike watch this time?
Speaker 2: God, I'll make a COVID again this time I give it to all of you.
Speaker 5: But there was something we made and face off, there was something that he hasn't seen. Oh, noobs, he hasn't seen.
Speaker 3: No, he hasn't seen. He has to see nibs in the nowshole, which is the only way to really watch it. I'm the authority on that.
Speaker 2: It was at the pickle draft for something that was showing a nowshule, and I just had to like message Dannim, like, Dan, I want you to know the New Soul was such a good idea. I'm very very impressed.
Speaker 3: But I don't have such warm thoughts about it.
Speaker 2: Not as much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, folks, that about does it. Will see you next week, probably for another episode of the Giant BombCast.
Speaker 2: He's been dead, he's been Mike, and he's been bad and he's been grub.
Speaker 3: I've been jan you, I've been be.
Speaker 2: Watch lass than the ten Dogs tonight. You can't plug stuff on this show. Christian told me to. Christian said, I had to. I don't want Christian man at me. Christian told me I walk off a bridge. Would you walk off a bridge? Yeah, Christian, walk off a bridge. You'd be so satif I did that?
Speaker 1: Well, what if it was like a small bridge though, like you wouldn't be in any danger?
Speaker 2: Pretty hurts though. I just fell over and broke my wrist when I went skating. If there was like a height involved.
Speaker 1: I die.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to send this to our little discord, but after that five hours playing with the dual sense control of my wrist hurt and I did eat a banana that morning, so I didn't want to, you know, telling you all that's your problem, my baby wrist.
Speaker 3: Because of the sense feel better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going Talco with Cha Bania next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I