Speaker 1: Brain chances and the thunderstorm possibilities remain in effect throughout the entire weekend. Won't be a blanket wash up by any means, but there was always that possibility of rain all the way into Monday, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Sounds familiar. High around fifty nine. It is fifty seven now in cloudy.
Speaker 2: Seven one hundredth WLW Sports.
Speaker 1: Liam Tomlinson take her away as the Reds moved to eighteen and fifteen after six to one win against Nationals last night.
Speaker 3: Hunter Green brought it, striking out twelve, the second highest total of his big league career while allowing two hits over six innings. Tyler Stevenson hit a two run double in his season debut after coming from a left oblique strain sustained during spring training. Red's pitchers matched their season high with seventeen strikeouts for the Red Legs today, Nicolodolo takes the mound three and two of the two point twenty five ERA, and National's right handed pitcher Trevor Williams, with a five point seven zero ERA, takes the mound. The Reds are back in action for the second game of three once again, versus Nationals. Inside pitch begins at five to forty. First pitch is set for six to forty. Right here on the home of the Red seven hundred WLW the best two words in sports. Game seven tonight in Denver between the Clippers and the Nuggets in the first round of the NBA Playoff. That game tips off at seven thirty. The Orange and Blue, currently currently in first place in the Eastern Conference, back in action tomorrow afternoon on the road against New York City FC. Pregame covered wins. A two thirty kickoff is set for three. One of the best days of the year in the state of Kentucky and the United States, the Kentucky Derby post time six point fifty seven.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, I mean you got any picks?
Speaker 3: I feel like a Bob Baffert hurt horse. It's always a good pick, but I think he got scratched.
Speaker 1: No kidden huh Bob feeding them drugs again? What about the Toby Keith howarts? What's it Ultimate judgment or what what's the name of that horse? Render judgment? Render Judgment. I know it's a long shot, but I always bet long shots in the derby, and every once in a while it comes in and at some point this morning, if she's awake, my wife has happens to be known as a great prognosticator. She actually selected correctly the results of the last triple Crown winner justified. And I think I think you're laying some money down. You ought to listen to christ to two point zero your thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's given picks before, and I'm rich and I was able to make a ton of money. Okay, they're saying journalisms like American Pharaoh. Though, oh so you got to put him in all the boxes?
Speaker 1: Perhaps well part of an exacta maybe with render judgment.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's five forty six, Mame Trees on the line. We'll talk to her next.
Speaker 5: Your tune to news radio seven hundred w L.
Speaker 1: But it also is a very very auspicious occasion, the birthday of one of my favorite people on the planet, not just at Florence Park, Karen Burlington, Kentucky.
Speaker 6: Happy birthday to you, Mamme Tree. Happy birthday to you, mamm Tree. Happy birthday tomorrow, dear Mama Tree, Happy birthday.
Speaker 5: To you, Mamme Tree.
Speaker 4: That's it, Mama Tree, are you there?
Speaker 7: Somebody pray Army. Yeah, may victory. I'm so glad Jesus pray for me. I was down to pick me up off the ground. I'm bounce out the promise. Lad. I'm so glad, Jesus pray for me one more timey pray or I mean he gave me the big story. I'm so glad pray for me.
Speaker 8: You and me.
Speaker 7: Amen, Thank you Jesus. You brought me such a mighty, mighty long way. Amen. You used to bribe me with the song I'm doo I beck you. I thing though, Baby, I.
Speaker 4: Was wondering if you were there.
Speaker 5: I mean we thought you dropped off to sleep or something and didn't get to hear it.
Speaker 7: That was joy up a joy I cry, I hold it back, baby, Thank you though, Oh.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for everything. Love always. So what are the big plans for tomorrow? Unfortunately christ and I cannot make it tomorrow. We make may make it in a week, but I have uh have to be in Ripley, Ohio tomorrow in the afternoon.
Speaker 7: I wish I was this ye.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know you would. It would be great for you to have come out and hear are our singing.
Speaker 7: Our there My mom's cousins all lived there.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, how about that world?
Speaker 7: She moved to Connorsville, Indiana too, And when I got there and moved, I went over to there and she was in Springfield. Ohow business, how about that on a goo?
Speaker 1: So do they have big plans for you there tomorrow? Maomitory.
Speaker 7: Oh, we just have our birthday party the last friday of the month. Oh, everybody's born in May, and it's just i'ming up. It surprised me.
Speaker 5: Well if she if you know she's coming up, will it be a surprise.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because you said, I'm now that we're name not in quarantine a Marsha come over and we're now to quarantine.
Speaker 5: No, no, wait, what were you in quarantine for?
Speaker 7: Well, we had a virus. I didn't have excuse me, I was just burke, but a lot of people had. And then we get ready to get out and until Sally bring me a country Ham sandwich and I just put it back in the freezer. Sip. Why that one more took down? Two took down, and three took down. So we're back in quarantine before we got out. Okay, Well, oh happy and well now I'm.
Speaker 1: Glad that you're doing well, and I wish you nothing but the best I happen to know. Now now it's a big Star Wars date because of May the Fourth be with you whichever.
Speaker 4: You know, it's just garbage, is what that is.
Speaker 1: But uh Day from Dayton wanted to know if you had any Star Wars presence or if you'd like one for your birthday.
Speaker 7: What's a Star Wars present?
Speaker 1: That's the best answer you could have given. Thank you, Dear, We love you.
Speaker 4: Oh I want happy birthday tomorrow, Thank you.
Speaker 7: Birthday, Thank you great thanking them my happiest birthday.
Speaker 9: Love you.
Speaker 5: I love you too, Dick from Dayton. On the way, he's hanging here, hang.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Good Jeff. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm well? You know, tomorrow is Mama Tree's birthday. We celebrated birthday in style back last month, and now it's Mama Tree's birthday, just one after the other people living up all over the place with birthdays.
Speaker 4: How was your week, Dick?
Speaker 10: Oh, pretty good, pretty good. I played a couple jobs.
Speaker 11: I went back to the summers, and you know, I had been for a while and had a good time and had a little the ban Joe group Daryl and dearborn Michigan for a big convey this week.
Speaker 5: You didn't get to go.
Speaker 10: No, I didn't get to go. No, it's just it's about four days. It's uh, it's everybody comes up.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 10: It should be.
Speaker 4: Good everybody but Dick.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I haven't been to that one. But I don't know. I think the convention the Fighter is down at Hebron this year at the Marriott. I'm going to try to make it.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's close enough, that's not that's not as far flung as Dearborn Michigan.
Speaker 5: You know, it's weird.
Speaker 1: You know, Dearborn Michigan has one of the largest populations of radical Muslims anywhere in the United States. So I wonder how I wonder how they get along with the banjo people. Yeah, you gotta wonder about that Derby day to Dick. Do you have any picks, Dick, or you care about the horses?
Speaker 10: No, I'm not much on the horses now.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, it was a chance for us to earn a little bit more money from day from Dayton, but it's okay. We'll have to wait until the next time. Listen, have a fantastic weekend, Dick, and keep picking and grinnin.
Speaker 4: All right, and do me one last favor.
Speaker 10: What's that say?
Speaker 8: Good night, Dick, Good night, Gary Jeff, have a good week, all right.
Speaker 1: You two buddy day from Harrison and more just ahead as we continue.
Speaker 4: Seven hundred WL.
Speaker 1: Intil the first official hour of the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, May third, twenty twenty five, Gary Jeff Walker at your service, reporting for duty.
Speaker 4: Seven minutes after the hour. Oh is it that time? It is?
Speaker 1: It's Dave time, data, Dave time. I'm usually I will speak today from Harrison at some point during the week, and I don't believe I've I've had a chance to talk to Dave, so I hope everything's okay. They're on the Harrison homestead.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Dave.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Gar Jeff doing I'm good.
Speaker 5: I'm good. Why isn't Why isn't.
Speaker 1: Chew Baka any better than he should be at baseball? Because he's because he's a Wookie. He's he's just a Wookie.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 1: What did the Jedi say to his girlfriend? You're you're the obi one for me? How do you how do you best describe a teenage boy's dating life who's a Star Wars fanatic.
Speaker 5: And solo and and solo.
Speaker 14: Oh my good Jeff, how does Darth Vader like?
Speaker 4: How does Darth Darth Vader like?
Speaker 5: His case?
Speaker 4: Adella cooked?
Speaker 14: Tell me on the dark side of course there, Jeff, rest in peace, boiled water.
Speaker 15: It will be missed.
Speaker 13: Here, Jeff, Yeah, Dave, before this.
Speaker 16: Last one, Happy May, Happy birthday to uh Linnette cars in the.
Speaker 13: Mat and uh my.
Speaker 16: Derby pick is dang it? At least coming down the last stretch around the bend of that horse. If that nag is coming on last, at least you can have a lot of fun hollering, come on, dang it, come on, you know what I mean? So at any rate, what do you call someone with nobody and no nos?
Speaker 4: What do you call someone with nobody and no nos?
Speaker 14: Dave, nobody knows.
Speaker 17: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessary considered funding by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming It is.
Speaker 18: A deep body of water in the Scottish Highlands known as Lockness, rumored to be the home of the Lockness Monster. There have been reported sightings of the beast, what scientists have been skeptical until a recent photograph emerged showing the creature swimming in the lawn wearing earbuds. No doubt. Listening to Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 19: Show Bill Cunningham, A show for legends like you, Monday, twelve noon on seven hundred WLW what does it mean?
Speaker 1: Thirteen eastern, That is on a Saturday morning. Time to get a reception report from our friend mister Rick Washburn Old Radio.
Speaker 5: Rick, Good morning, how are you my friend?
Speaker 15: Well, well, good morning Gary, Jeff. Well, I'll put it this way. You're coming in five by five and a nineteen thirty five Sentinel Model thirty one B. It's a six tube AM shortwave wooden tombstone radio with a gorgeous dial. Has six tubes with the performance of eight. That's not a catalog thing, that's the truth. Yeah, includes a second IF amplifier stage for great reception and a great idea but badly implemented number nineteen tube for those three of you playing at home. It's two tubes in one used for push pull audio woutput, which is a much nicer amplifier. But for some reason, half the manufacturers that made the nineteen tube used one set of specs. The other half used another set of specs and aren't compatible with each other. So when you managed to find one of these rather uncommon tubes that needs to be replaced, I had a fifty to fifty chance you're rewiring part of the radio to get that particular tube to work, and then undoing it next time. Yeah, but this radio runs on a single sixfold storage cell usually. Yeah, most homes had six if they were on a farm or didn't have utility power anyways. Usually have a six fold storage battery somewhere in the house that would be recharged from a windmill, and that was usually used for lighting, but it could use the two small appliances like radios and so forth as well. Folks who didn't use the windmill, sometimes they had a car, they could buy a second car battery and just let the car do the recharging. If you didn't mind swapping batteries from your car every week. Oh yeah, oh yeah, that's the word I was looking for. Yes, But in somewhat counterproductive. It's got this nice push pull amplifier which is supposed to sound great, but the radio has a pin type speaker which is not known for great fidelity. It's kind of a fragile speaker design. And on top of that, since it's a six fold radio that has a mechanical vibrator in it, much like car radios did in the day, and that gives you this nice, little annoying hum in the background that you can't get rid of. So a counterproductive from good sound.
Speaker 1: Hey, I mean you and you came on describing this thing. It was like gang Busters. It's like the best ever, and you're telling me that it's a piece of junk.
Speaker 15: Oh what, No, No, it's it's the best ever. But that's only because I overcame poor design.
Speaker 4: Okay, now, I mean that, were you able to convert it to.
Speaker 15: AC Actually, yes, I do have a little power supply that i've I've added to it outside the radio, so I haven't. I didn't mess with the the innards. But there's a modern replacement for the vibrator that doesn't make any noise good because it's not mechanical. There's a electronic one, so that Yeah, that's an easy thing. Plus it weighs about twenty pounds less. That's an exaggeration, but still so the radio weighed a lot less too because of it. So modern technology gay. But while the catalogs has a few funny things, I thought Sentinel Triple Value Radio a matchless array of new features. Well, no, it's the same features everyone else test. Actually sensible prices yet highest quality performance. I think everyone says that multiple tested for long trouble free operation, multiple tested, Bob, did you test the multiple?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 15: And simplified push button tuning, Well, I don't know how you simplify a push button. I think they were trying to suggest that maybe it was easier on this radio to set the buttons for certain stations. That would be false advertising. It's the most convoluted set of not like the old car radios where you pull out the button to the station and push the button all the way.
Speaker 4: Back here right.
Speaker 15: No, it knows this requires a small tool kit somebody with the patients of job and possibly four arms.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to listen to the damn radio. What do you mean a toolbox.
Speaker 20: Tune it?
Speaker 5: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 8: Geez?
Speaker 15: Well, uh, or the adapter kit.
Speaker 1: Well, regardless, you've got it U working.
Speaker 4: You've got it.
Speaker 5: Humming along nicely while not humming along exactly right.
Speaker 15: And oh, she's a beauty. She's got Oh and I glossed over this. The airplane style dial. It is actually a very pretty yellowish dial that has a I thought the airplane style dial was because some of them, some radios have a picture of an airplane in the middle of the dial for some reason. Really, no, I think it's supposed to. I think this was intended to mean that it looks like the gauge of an airplane, because you know, in nineteen thirty five, everybody knows what that looks like.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but airplanes were still like brand new technology and everything in about it. So this was, you know, your next step on the way to the space age. If you had an airplane style dial on your radio.
Speaker 15: All right, Well I didn't think of that.
Speaker 1: Thanks, thanks for the report, and we'll talk to you soon. My friend old radio Rick at gmail dot com. Let's talk to our friend the truck Commander west Side Jim, who is live and on the move this morning.
Speaker 21: Good morning, Jimmy, Good morning Gary, Jeff, and happy birthday to your sweetheart.
Speaker 4: Oh, she's the best. I love Lynette and Mamitry.
Speaker 13: And to know when hers comes up.
Speaker 21: Also, you know, heading out to the boe to meet up with Colleen and all the good people out there to deliver ballots for that lengthy two piece.
Speaker 8: What do you call it?
Speaker 21: The ballot itself? There's two items on the ballot. It's almost like it's a waste of time, it's except for one of them is for Corey Bowman from mayor, and then the other one's an issue?
Speaker 4: All right, what's the issue at issue?
Speaker 21: It's state state issue too. It's just one of the wines, a little privies. But I'm out there going to be doing my civic duty in the rain, I guess this morning. So it's one of the first times in the last six years that it is actually going to rain on us.
Speaker 1: Now, this mayoral primary is to determine who faces off against half to have Purvole in the fall coct.
Speaker 21: Well, unless the two Republicans actually get the top two votes and then Purvall's.
Speaker 13: Out, Now is that likely likely?
Speaker 1: How likely is that going to happen? But our friend, our friend, Corey Bowman is the step brother or the half brother of JD. Vance or vice president, and he owns a coffee shop there on on the West.
Speaker 4: End and nineteen Hunter pay Miller.
Speaker 1: And he is also a pastor a minister, and I reviewed him. He's he's a great guy and uh, I wish nothing but the best for him. I don't know the other candidate, do you.
Speaker 21: His name is Brian Frank and he lives in Mount Adams, who is a P and G resource type person who used to buy like paper clips and stuff like that. Okay, yeah, but for a better in purbole, he doesn't even.
Speaker 22: Buy paper clips, for God's sakes.
Speaker 21: But Corey, Corey is is very smart, He's very charismatic, and he handled himself very very well.
Speaker 5: He does a great interview.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 21: I heard him on with You, and I hear him on the sister station. They've picked him up as the weekly voice.
Speaker 4: And when you're this, when you're half brother of J. D.
Speaker 1: Vance, the vice president, you get on some some national news coverage as well, so he hasn't heard.
Speaker 21: He's been on three national shows correct like news Max twice and one of the other news was correct. That does help, but hopefully he gets in there.
Speaker 1: So before you told me about this. I didn't know there was a primary going on. And the actual day is Tuesday, Is that correct?
Speaker 23: This coming Tuesday?
Speaker 21: Yeah, a lot of people don't know what's coming stick Tuesday. They're predicting about eleven or twelve percent turnout.
Speaker 4: That is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: They the only reason they the only reason they have these primary elections and these issue elections and don't publicize them the way they do not is because they want the lowest possible turnout so they can have the turnout or the outcome that they would like.
Speaker 4: And that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: If there's going to be an election, everybody should know about it and everybody should participate.
Speaker 5: Amen.
Speaker 21: You know, Gary Jeff, as a truck commander, we make the same amount of money whether one voter or ninety percent voters. So that's the only reason that I'm out this morning, other than that i'd be looking at the inside of my eyelids.
Speaker 1: All right, bet, well, I'm glad that you're up and awake, and don't close your eyes while you're driving, please.
Speaker 21: Well, thank you very much for having me on, Gary Jeff, and I guess we'll just wait on to on to Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's It's always a pressure, I mean pleasure.
Speaker 1: Jim, you take care of Jeff, you too, west Side Gym there the truck Commander. It's primary weekend, along with Flying Pig weekend, along with Derby weekend, along with Sinko to myow weekend. Who could possibly lose track of the fact that there's important elections going up.
Speaker 12: Showers will be sticking around for a lot of the weekend. This morning, expect off and on rain with temperatures around sixty. We do climb to the mid maybe upper sixties this afternoon with showers tonight, same thing. We start to see rain taper off though through your Sunday. Temperatures tomorrow in the mid sixties. Former severe weather station I'm nine first warning. Cameron Harten on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred wl W sport your home of the Reds with a Reds Report.
Speaker 3: The Reds moved to eighteen and fifteen after a six to one win against the Nationals last night after a one hour and fifty one minute rain delay that didn't stop Hunter Green, who struck out twelve the second highest total of his big league career, while allowing two hits over six innings. Tyler Stevenson hit a two run double in his season debut after a left oblique strain injury sustained during spring training. The Reds pitchers master season high with seventeen strikeouts. Nick Lodolo takes them ount for the Reds Trevor Williams for the Nationals. Tonight, it's the second game of three. Inside pitch begins at five point forty. First pitch is set for six forty right here on the home of the Red seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: It's the gang at Brookies and Ripley and how now Brown County?
Speaker 5: Good morning, Good morning, A little slow there, are you guys awake? Everything good?
Speaker 13: Yep?
Speaker 20: It was a long truck from Russellville down there this morning.
Speaker 1: You know, it's world It's World Naked Gardening Day. I was just informed by Ron Wilson, and I just wanted to ask, Sherry, are you going to be out getting some things done today?
Speaker 13: I don't think so.
Speaker 24: It's going to be a lot of rain going on. Hey, I just wanted to tell you my thirty five year old little middlely challenged fellow that I take care of and have had for nine years, passed away last Sunday. So it's been kind of the sad week, and I just wanted to say, oh, Mickey, you're so fine, You're so fine. You build my mind. Hey, Nicky, Hey Nicky, rest in peace, little buddy. And then I wanted to say to miss Lynette, you know, happy birthday to you.
Speaker 13: And today from.
Speaker 24: Harrison Newbody News the trouble I've seen.
Speaker 4: My goodness, you're a good voice.
Speaker 1: Are you auditioning for the farewell tour appearance by myself and Chris Owens tomorrow at Brookies. We're supposedly going to be doing a farewell a final farewell appearance maybe at Brookies tomorrow afternoon.
Speaker 15: Year there's a big baby in.
Speaker 1: There right well, No, the thing is and everybody should be hip to this by now. When a big act like Gosh Kiss or you know, think about all the groups that had farewell tours, they have them over and over. They're perpetually farewell tours, I guess because you never know when it might be the last. So we've adopted the same kind of philosophy for the Gowen's Walker duo and it could be the very last time we ever get together and do music together tomorrow afternoon at Brookies on Main Street and Ripley two o'clock and fully expect you guys to be there and just make sure you're wearing clothes because today is World Naked Gardening Day, Sherry, not tomorrow, Okay.
Speaker 24: I'll make a point of that, okay, And you're coming.
Speaker 25: Back on Wednesday, right, I'm thinking I'm thinking about coming back on Wednesday for the because what what is the dollar amount on the Queen of Heartstraw next Wednesday at Brookies there in Ripley.
Speaker 20: And it will be well over three hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Good gosh, that's a lot of money.
Speaker 15: Somebody can take it home.
Speaker 4: Okay, yep, But you got to be there.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you want to if you want, if you want to win the whole thing, you got to be.
Speaker 20: There, right, that's right. If you're not here, you only get half. Well, I just would either cards. Oh there's twelve cards, Well that's it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know I'd only blow my nose with one hundred and fifty grand I got to have the whole three hundred, no doubt. Well, so remember World Naked Gardening Day today. Chris Gowen's Gary Jeff Walker farewell to her appearance tomorrow at to at Brookies and Ripley and the Queen.
Speaker 5: Of Harvest through.
Speaker 15: And mop Muddy and odds tonight at eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: Well that's pretty much. That pretty much describes the weekend, money and odd You guys have a good one, Thank you, bye bye the top of the hour. Gary Jeff on the Saturday morning edition with you seven hund WLW and my friend of the fifthy phone called Fame has been watching closely the events going on in Roma the Vatican with a selection of a new pope, and he has some thoughts. Good morning, Steve Simon.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Good morning. According to former US editor and Secretarius say John Carey, Pope Francis should be remembered as the climate change prope. That's how alleged Catholic Carrie capitalized on the death of the pot off Easter weekend. I suspect Francis deserves better than to have us reminded that he swallowed a bunch of nonsense when he should have been thinking about allowing Catholics to divorce and women to be ordained. I'm just saying, this coming week all the cardinals under eighty years old will get together for a papal conclave. To elect the next pope who serves for life or until he gets fed up with church bureaucracy. Recall Pope Benedict. The Vatican has a deep state. Also, trust me, I was an altar boy and we got to hear priest talk when they didn't think we were listening. There are one hundred and thirty three electors in this call. The winner has to get a two thirds plus one vote. The United States has ten eligible cardinals. Europe has the most by far of any continent, fifty three, with Italy alone having seventeen. Isn't that called jerry mandering? But Francis was South American, so things are opening up. There is a secrecy oath that makes the mafia look like choir boys. You talk about what goes on and you are excommunicated from the church. Next stop, hell, now that is climate change. The winner will be the two hundred and sixty seventh Pope, in a direct line going back to Saint Peter, who you may remember was crucified upside down. Wow, and our president only has to worry about being impeached. As Shakespeare put it on, lies the head that wears the crown. Cardinals wear those cute little red beanies that should not be confused with Yamica's. Although in our lifetime there has been a Jewish cardinals. He was Jean Marie Lustige, Archbishop of Paris from nineteen eighty one to two five. Born of Polish Jewish parents, both he and his sister converted to Catholicism. Cardinal Lustige was appointed to that position by John Paul Second, who was also Polish, the first non Italian pope in four hundred and fifty years. So how long does a conclave take? I'd say as long as a seventy five year old bladder could last. If there's no result after three days voting, his pause for twenty four hours to allow prayer, discussion and what's called exhortation, as in get with.
Speaker 26: It, guys.
Speaker 9: The Notre Dame Spring game is on TV. The longest conclave was three years, ending in the election of Gregory x Well. I guess that's Gregory the tenth unless, like Malcolm x he was a Muslim.
Speaker 13: But I doubt it.
Speaker 9: I mean, a Jewish cardinal is one thing, but that's taken DEI way too far. In twenty thirteen, Pope Francis needed only five votes in less than twenty four hours to get elected. Lord, that's faster than last year's Democrat convention. I'm thinking when the kid came by with pizza and wine, Francis was the quickest with the wallet. Now you know where your collection money goes. Pardon me when it's all over and the smoke clears, the second to last bands standing comes out on the balcony of the Sistine Chapel and says abamus pop on translation, we have a father. There has never been a female pope, so you will never hear a French cardinal on the balcony shout.
Speaker 21: Share she lam, oh.
Speaker 9: There has never been a US pope, although one wonders why Vice President J. G. Vance, a Catholic convert, was talking to Pope Francis just hours before the Pope died, even though a quarter of the US population claims to be Catholic. The idea just hasn't caught on, and Francis apparently had a stroke just thinking about it. God gone it Oceania. Yes, that's out in the Pacific. Maybe next. They actually have four cardinals, and they've had great success with guys making the National Football League way out of proportion to the population. At large. Football is in the Catholic blood. Two words Notre Dame, oh so close, damn Buckeyes. And no, there has never been a black pope. It'll happen, but I hope he's better than Barack Obama. In other news, today is another running of the roses at Churchill Downs, and all eyes are on a horse named journalism. I know something about journalism in more ways than one. He was sired by prevarication and a mayor named libel and slander. Don't bet on him. Take care of yourself, Gary, Jeff, all right, Steve, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Let's go to the other side here race God in the Loveland.
Speaker 4: How are you doing, my brother.
Speaker 23: Gary Jeff Walker, my friend, Good morning to you. Listen to your great show. And Steve bless his heart, you know, and I can here's a heads up for you. By the way, Yes, there's never been an American pope.
Speaker 22: Then there's not there's not gonna be.
Speaker 4: Why Why is that, do you think?
Speaker 23: Ray, Well, that's a great question because my vote would be for Bishop Baron, by the way, but probably as you will know, but the the thinking is that, uh, with America being a superpower, perhaps the superpower and all the wealth here, that that would just be an added concentration of power and wealth, you know, to America. It's just a theory that I've heard bantied about in Uh yeah, that's a good question though. So they just keep praying that that that we get a good pope, and we surely will. And I cool, how much time do you have, Garry, Jeff, I.
Speaker 4: Got all the time in the world for you.
Speaker 15: Ray go ahead, right, But you.
Speaker 23: Know something hit me this well, you know, we get fancied about all these things about tariffs. It's a tax, the external revenue service. And you know what, it hit me, And I've got a thought.
Speaker 13: I've got a thought.
Speaker 23: First of all, Yes, as folks are driving down the road, I'd like to see a show of hands, and how many people would like to keep paying tax on their Social Security how many people would like to keep paying taxes on their tips? And how many people would like to keep paying taxes on their overtimes? Show a hands out there, and I can guarantee you that well, when they do these surveys and they come back, you know, people don't agree with Trump and his policies this and that I got news for you. The reason why eighty percent of the country, or with Trump's thoughts, or because the answer that last question being primary of thought. But here's the deal with the tariffs. Trump, you know what we've talked about, a fair tax, a flat tax, and how that would be a boom to the economy and level the playing field, and would be a consumption tax and would do away with the IRS. Well, there's all kinds of reasons why that's not going to happen. But what if Trump has got.
Speaker 13: To figure it out?
Speaker 23: The IRS has already been newter, the eighty five thousand armed agents have hit the door, yes, praise God. And then he came in high on the tariffs, high one hundred and forty five percent.
Speaker 26: On the Chinese and da da da da da. At end of the day, if all he has done has embedded let's say, a ten percent tariff pretty much across the board for the most part, okay, and it's embedded into the economy, well, at the end of the day, people say, well, you know, one hundred and forty five percent, he's crazy. Ten percent, We can handle that. And the bottom line is, as we well know, China is already eating part of the tariffs on their margins. Their companies are to try to stay competitive in the price and structure. If all President Trump does is keep it ten percent care if at the end of the day and does a way with taxes under two hundred thousand dollars tips over time, would that be a win for many, many, many people in the level of playing fields financially.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know what, Ray, we got to go, but I would vote for that.
Speaker 23: Oh.
Speaker 5: In fact, I did have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: Seven hundred WLW And.
Speaker 5: To another hour of the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, May third, twenty twenty five, and uh city in Hamilton County in.
Speaker 4: Great sadness this morning.
Speaker 22: With the.
Speaker 1: Murder of Hamilton County Sheriff's deputy. Unjustified, unjustified anyway, we turn our attention to our environmental engineer, Steve Shilty with an environmental moment and the latest on the news the blackouts that were suffered, the major blackouts in Spain and Portugal. Your focus this morning, Steve, and the reasons behind them. Thanks, I'm here, I'm talking to you, you're talking to me. I guess we've got this thing on the air, Yes, we do.
Speaker 8: So what this past Monday, I got something from uh dot org and what it's It's high is Spain and Portugal go dark and interesting, Gary Jeff frame Traine froze in place, Traffic, lights went dark, elevators trapped passengers, refrigerators shut down, flights canceled, light round or halt because on Monday there was a massive blackout in Portugal and Spain and also parts of France. And this was right after Spain announced it was running on one hundred percent renewable energy for the first time ever. And this is one of the largest peacetime blackouts that Europe has ever seen. But Gary Jeff, not random, not unforeseen. It was exact the failures many of us have been warning wallmakers for years, and obviously that Europe has ignored. But before the outage hit, Spain was running its red with very little what's called dispatchable spinning generation, meaning power plants like gas and nuclear that can quickly adjust their output to keep the grid stable. Traditional plants have these spinning turbans, but renewables don't make the grid fragile. And while they still claim they're looking at what really caused it, it's slightly that the outage was renewables that they cannot handle sudden disruptions. It's interesting that Spain has been shutting down. It's both nuclear and hydrocarbon power plants with the greens and power. But in order for Spain to get back online, they had to import massive amounts of electricity from nuclear powered France Oh my god, Gary Jeff nuclear power, and even worse for those who hate carbon, coal and oil powered plants from Morocco to get the grid back online. So this shows that wind and solar are not up to the task of getting us now in our future and getting us dependable and affordable.
Speaker 12: Energy.
Speaker 8: But gart yet there was a silver lining in this. Yeah, in Spain, cafes were dishing out free ice cream before it melted.
Speaker 1: All right, Steve, thank you so much. That'll be enough. Yeah, Uh, renewables I e. Wind and solar never have been capable. Are not capable. God get with the program. Seven to eleven, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: Sometimes I get a little hungry in the afternoon, but instead of reaching for junk food, I pull out a healthy pack of number one Shogun dried cuttlefish. The Crunchies dried cuttlefish guaranteed the perfect salty fish munchy while listening to Eddie and Rockey.
Speaker 2: Dried cuttlefish is an excellent source of protein and calf. Eddie and Rocky are an excellent source for local issues. One of the kind interviews and fun times.
Speaker 5: Eddie and Rocky Monday afternoon after.
Speaker 4: A seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 21: Summertime means lots of home time, so give your family a clean start with help.
Speaker 4: Good morning, this would be interesting.
Speaker 5: Hello Diana, what's on your mind?
Speaker 24: Gary?
Speaker 16: Dad?
Speaker 5: What's on your mind?
Speaker 21: Diana?
Speaker 22: Saturday?
Speaker 5: Happy Saturday year.
Speaker 13: You have a bone to pick with you.
Speaker 9: Uh huh.
Speaker 27: You have a regular caller that calls himself the truck commander of the Board of Elections. Listen, we have been working on this. We're the company that delivers every single polling location for the forty fifth year for Hamlin Canyon.
Speaker 23: We are out.
Speaker 27: We start planning in.
Speaker 23: January for the May election.
Speaker 27: We have eight trucks per day, twenty personnel, and we delivered the two hundred and eighty six stops polling locations and Hamlin can on over five days and then we only get four days to pick.
Speaker 13: It all back up.
Speaker 27: So if Truck Commander Jim is trand is truck commander, then I'm.
Speaker 13: The next pope.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is what he's told me. And he's not a regular caller. He calls every once in a while.
Speaker 5: Diana Carroll recently, I'm not I'm not Dan Carroll. I've known I've known Jim Kiefer. I've known Jim Keefer for ten years.
Speaker 27: Hey, many go and do two or three stop for he's okay, chip and put in the computer.
Speaker 13: But that's all he does.
Speaker 4: Okay, Uh, that's fine. I don't know why you want to have this fight on the air, but the fact I want you.
Speaker 27: To know, the fact that goes into the ability for people to go and physically vote, I know.
Speaker 1: And and my my real bone to pick with the whole process, Diana, since you've been a part of this since January getting ready for this May election, is that half of the dam more than half of the population have no ideas even going on.
Speaker 5: Who's completely when you've got eleven percent turnout?
Speaker 1: And by the way, uh, there's a Republican and a Democrat in every truck.
Speaker 27: What happens on that behind every one of our vehicles when we deliver, we have what's called a chaser that contains a Democrat and a Republican to verify the equipment.
Speaker 5: Is delivered and locked up.
Speaker 27: Okay, all the pertinent equipment is removed on election night, so when we go to pick it up, we do not have to have a chaser, and there's no absolutely zero ability to.
Speaker 15: So you're mess with the equipment.
Speaker 4: So, Dinah, you're telling me there are no truck commanders.
Speaker 27: Out this morning, although I'm waiting for the little minions all to leave because there's about twenty five U hauls over there that have the little chips and the bags of ballots. Ok and they divide up all those stops. We can't even get in the load and start our work today until they get out of there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, yeah, I guess it's a it's an question of semantics. Then what's a truck commander and who's actually whether a minion or not they are working for the election, for the primary.
Speaker 27: If it weren't for our company, that truck commander would have nothing to do, because the equipment wouldn't be there.
Speaker 5: For Nobody discounted your great work on this or said that he was doing it all.
Speaker 4: No one said that, Diana.
Speaker 27: Well, I just think that he uses the wrong title for himself.
Speaker 4: Ah, so it is again a question of semantics. I understand. Well. I appreciate your.
Speaker 1: Dogged determination to get on there to tell me about this, and I appreciate the information that you have.
Speaker 27: Anytime you want to come and ride and see how it really works, you call me up and I'll put you in the truck and you will see the amount of a process, how hard it is, and what we deal with on a daily just driving in residenti areas with a semi and a tracker.
Speaker 4: I can't even imagine, Diana.
Speaker 5: I would love, I would love to take you up on that, but but I've got better things to do, and I don't live in Hamilton County or Cincinnati. You don't have to, Okay, Well, all right, thanks, appreciate it, Bye bye. Obviously just has a problem with Westside gem He's only a minion. Time for the Tom Davis Diaries or the.
Speaker 1: With this week's report of wild, wacky, weird stuff from around the country and around the world.
Speaker 5: Here is your reporter, Tom. Good morning, Gary, Jeff. This week, I do, I do, and I do. But first, things have been kind of quiet on the southern border lately. Maybe that's why La Jude la Bienne thought it would be a good time to smuggle some parakeets in. He was trying to cross near San Diego and Tijuana, but the border patrol caught him and found birds in his boots. Some of these birds were dead, but some were still alive. They also found six live birds hidden inside the cushions of his car seat. He's in double trouble because this bird is actually on a protected list. Meanwhile, a kangaroo was on the loose in Alabama. It was seen hopping down Highway eighty five in Macon County. A couple of people crashed trying to avoid it. That's when the owner of the room showed up and shot it with a tranquilizer. This guy just casually grabs a kangaroo by the shoulders, drags it to his car, drives off. You'll be glad to know the animals back home and healthy living on a farm. In Florida, an impatient driver leveled a lady riding on her rascal. A woman named Carol was barreling through a parking lot of a Sam's Club when she smashed into a seventy seven year old woman and a mobility scooter Carol fled the scene but was arrested later. The scooter lady was hospitalized due to her injuries, and finally, Florida's own Henry Betsy Junior, has said I do at least three times in three different counties, three women who met online realized they were all married to the same man. Henry was arrested in charge with bigamy and has boldly pleaded not guilty. He met each one of the women online on dating sites before asking them for their hand in marriage. Next week, he confessed he was in love with her sister. She burned down the house.
Speaker 4: Have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: We're at seven twenty two on the Saturday morning condition. Time for a little tech talk with our friend Dave Hatter Doomsday. Dave warning you about what they are doing, whoever they may be, And this time it's General Motors Day.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Hey Gary, Jeff, I always get the chat with you.
Speaker 4: So what is GM doing to us?
Speaker 13: This is a wild story. Last year, maybe into twenty twenty three or early last year, it was discovered that GM was selling data a third party.
Speaker 22: Thing.
Speaker 13: If you go out and you sign up with someone like Progressive orble State or whomever, and you give that more box and it put it in your car because you have informed consent, right, you initiated that transaction. You decided that you might want to get better rates by getting one of these devices and tracking your driving. GM on the other hand, and I'm sure very deep in the confusofer we of the terms the service of your car. It says something about on car, safe driver and that they would sell your data to third parties. So what was happening was they're tracking you, they're selling your data to third party and then at some point you might get your insurance drops or increased because they're getting the data from GM. And sadly, Garry Jeff, they're not the only company that has this capability. I want to come back to that, but this cost a big stink. GM stopped doing it. The FTC. There's a headline from the pc FPC take accent a handstandal motor sharing drivers, locations and driving behavior data without sense. This is from January this year. Now there's a lawsuit and it's really interesting and I can guarantee you as long as they continue to take this stance, I will never buy another General Motors car. General Motors basically is arguing that because you drive in public, you have no reasonable expectation of privacy. Now, I know the law has said this for a long time in general, but you spend money, purchase a vehicle from them, you're in your vehicle, and now, because of all this technology, sensors, et cetera, you have no expectation of privacy and they're going to sell your data at their party.
Speaker 1: Makes me long for my It makes me long for my seventy one Buick skylark.
Speaker 13: Amen brother, or my my eighty three nis On two, you know something like that. Here's here's a direct quote, as GM notes quote. Driving data includes vehicle location, driving routes, breaking events, and speed, all of what the current public thoroughfares, citing a twenty fifteen case where a court determined that someone being surveilled by a drone did not have their privacy A violators because the surveillance occurred in a public place. So again, I understand the argument, and it's probably somewhat of a legitimate argument, but you purchased the car. In theory you own the car, right, and this sends a whole weird digital rights management. You know, non Deer has done under fire for this forever because you buy a tractor and then you can't fix it. You got software and that's that feelectual proper. You can't fix it. So I mean we're heading into this crazy space, and before they run out of time, I want to encourage people go take a look at Privacy not Included. People that make the Mozilla web browser have a website called Privacy not Included. It focuses on Internet of things so called spart devices, and they did a big expose on cars in particular, and it's quite opening to people. And this was the headline of their article, Gary Death. It's official cars are the worst product category we have ever reviewed for privacy. So it's not just GM Jim. I think that was the first to really get called out for it. And you know, to have a kind of glove in their face with this FTC Willling right, It'll be interesting to see what the shortcase does because I think it does not go well for our privacy and I know we're about a time real quick. Maybe we can hit this next week. Did you see the story where a woman was riding in a lift and then got a text of the whole conversation she had in the Wift because it was recording her.
Speaker 4: Well, oh no, it's yeah. Listen Dave next week. That's great.
Speaker 1: All I can tell you is that it's nobody's business where I'm going in my own car. No one GM, not a third party or anybody else. Big Brother Deluxe seven seven Jim Barbara Rock and Roll Archaeology Afternoons, Well by Ralph's American Grill.
Speaker 12: First part of your weekend. As this morning, scattered showers are still sticking around, same thing through the afternoon. As we reach the upper sixties tonight, expect rain to slowly taper off, but you still have a chance throughout your Sunday as well. From a severe weather station, I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 28: Fifty eight degrees right now with light rain falling across the Tri State. Our next update at eight thirty. I'm rick Yuchino News Radio seven hundred WLWL.
Speaker 2: News twenty four hours a day. It was a radio seven hundred WLW right into another.
Speaker 5: Hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, May third, twenty twenty five. Deary Jeff Walker, how are you flying?
Speaker 8: Pig?
Speaker 1: Weekend Derby weekend, some people celebrating Sinko Demayo, which is not celebrated in Mexico.
Speaker 4: And then there's a primary election.
Speaker 1: You can vote now and the election day, of course, is this coming Tuesday, May the sixth, if you care or even know about it.
Speaker 5: Eight oh eight.
Speaker 4: How about a Science Minute with Science Mike.
Speaker 17: Yes, but as a nightly scientist is it's surprising it bell blinded me.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Michael. Let's see if your phone works.
Speaker 13: How am I sounding?
Speaker 22: Oh? Am I breaking? Am I breaking up? Not yet?
Speaker 5: We'll see how it. We'll see how it works.
Speaker 22: All right, Well, you're right to it. So hey, Frankie Holly will be at hard Rock a week from today to ironically speaking.
Speaker 4: How about that? You know, can you believe that that the guy is ninety one and he's still touring?
Speaker 22: Yeah? Yeah, he uh, he must have.
Speaker 1: He must had really gotten ripped off about fifty sixty years ago that he still has to be touring at ninety one.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, we just.
Speaker 22: Got our fingers crossed open. He makes the truth of another week to get down there. Contract absolutely in the In the third round, AI selects Cardinal Tietro Apparel and out of Italy. In the third round come Wednesday. So I'm just letting you know a little heads up draft for the the AI Artificial Intelligence selection, but we'll get to it.
Speaker 5: Are you serious, Are you serious?
Speaker 22: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I was giving to your heads up Pietro apparel and that's that's the good.
Speaker 13: Liam told me.
Speaker 1: Liam told me that Vegas has it at sixty three and a half hours the under over for the conclict.
Speaker 4: I took it in the third round.
Speaker 13: Anyhow, you're from Tennessee down there, did you ever have any running.
Speaker 22: In betamus snakes.
Speaker 13: Like cottonheads, cotton mouse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there were cotton mouse, copperheads. They were old. And if you go we're into east to see you've got some uh, you've got some rattlers. Actually even yeah.
Speaker 22: Uh. There's like most one hundred thousand people die every year in the in the world for a snake bites and four hundred thousand of a permanent disability. In India alone, there's fifty eight thousand snake deaths a year. And currently you know, the way they get the ant to the venom now is they inject the venom into like sheep or horses and pull the antibodies out for the specific uh snake bite venom they want to treat somebody with. You know, the trouble with that is you got an antibody from the animal going into a human, uh human body. Sometimes there's a rejection on causes issues on that end. It doesn't really work out too well. Well, let's uh, let's center Tim Freedy. Uh Tim Freedy is really uh uh be thankful for this gentleman. He deliberately they call it envenoment. Theirself envenomed himself eight hundred and fifty six times with various snake venom. I mean he's gone from the type of cobras, tapens, rattlesnakes, and black mambas, and he's developed antibodies for all these deadly snake bites. And what researchers have done, they've pulled out his antibodies and there's two specific ones they call him not to get into weeds, but lnx d zerra nine and snx B zero three. They combine those with some other other compounds and they're able to create one one venom, which is which is really a great thing, because one venom that actually for thirteen of the most deadly of the nineteen deadly snake bites that people typically incur around the world. So you know, you just have one venom kit where it's just like an EpiPen where you you can save all these lives from this just this one gentleman's you know, weird method. He've been doing this since twenty ten for building up his antibodies.
Speaker 4: So this guy, this guy is a human cure ale for snake venom.
Speaker 22: Absolutely one person. That's really amazing.
Speaker 4: That is an amazing story.
Speaker 1: I just generally I stay out of the woods and don't hike, so I'm not worried very much about it. Okay, thank you, Michael A twelve brother Rick Green coming up in just a few moments.
Speaker 4: Here on seven hundred wlwe.
Speaker 2: A seven hundred W Miami University. Meet your new Bengals.
Speaker 18: The Cincinnati Bengals select.
Speaker 2: Where today's students become tomorrow's leaders, presented by Skyline, Chili, Cincinnati Drywall, and eighty Dooring Window. No here's Moegger. With their fifth round.
Speaker 29: Pick in the twenty twenty five NFL Draft, the Bengals selected University of Miami tackle Jalen Rivers. Rivers played five seasons of college football and in twenty twenty three, he was a second team All acc player for the Hurricanes. Vers has played both tackling guard, and he's a big man, standing it over six feet six inches tall while weighing three hundred and nineteen pounds.
Speaker 5: Rivers did have an injury played college career.
Speaker 29: He missed five games last season due to a foot injury, but he is viewed as a technically sound prospect and he certainly doesn't lack size, and many evaluators believe Rivers has NFL starting potential, even if there's no clear consensus on which position he fit best. Get to know Bengals fifth round draft pick Jalen.
Speaker 2: Rivers bol has more on seven hundred wl W Home of the Best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 5: By and service your sprinter at Mercedes Men's of Fort Mitchell.
Speaker 12: On sixty. We do climb to the mid maybe upper sixties this afternoon with showers tonight. Same thing. We start to see rain taper off though through your Sunday. Temperaures tomorrow in the mid sixties. Former severe weather station I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: I one hundred WLW Sports William one hundred and fifty first running of the Kentucky Derby today, and there's all kinds of.
Speaker 4: Like last minutes.
Speaker 1: It's always Saturday when the lines change and things kind of rearrange, as you know. I guess we've had one scratch so far, but nineteen horses competing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, post time officially at six fifty seven Eastern tonight. I believe two horses have scratched so far from the race, one of them being Bob Bafford's horse Rodriguez.
Speaker 1: All right, so we're down to what eighteen? Then it's originally twenty horse field. I believe nineteen because I think they had the one. They have the couple ready to fill in. Okay, all right, so nineteen horses the favorite this morning as far as you know. Journalism three to one, all right, I know Sandman was an early favorite. Two and my wife, by the way, picked the last triple crown winner I think, which was justified, I believe, and earned the title from my friend Jeff and Boone County Jeff Schuld, God bless him. So I don't know what happened to Jeff, but he dubbed her Saint Christa for correctly picking a triple Crown winner, and she's going to be on the phone with us before the hour is up to deliver her good picks for today's derby. But anyway, the Reds continue their role. I mean, man, this is kind of a different season all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: The Reds moved to eighteen and fifteen after a six to one win against the Washington Nationals yesterday, and Hunter Green played like an a struck out twelve, the second highest total of his big league career while allowing two hits over six innings. And Tyler Stevenson, in his debut back off the injured list from a left oblique strain sustained during spring training, he had an RBI double and the Reds pitchers totaled seventeen strikeouts. Threads are back in action for the second of three versus Nationals. Inside pitch against a five forty, first pitch for six forty. Nicolodolo takes them mount for the Reds. Trevor Williams for the National Gene catchup action right here on the Home of the Red seven hundred wlw.
Speaker 4: FC Cincinnati plays tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, currently first an the Eastern Conference on a five game winning streak. They're back in action on the road against New York City FC at City Field. Pregame coverage begins at two thirty. Kickoff is set for three and in the NBA Playoffs, two best words, Two best words in sports Game seven between the Nuggets and the Clippers that tips off at seven thirty.
Speaker 5: All right, man, jeah, thank you sir that Teresa. Do you have a word of the day.
Speaker 27: I have a word of the day, Gary, just good morning, what a glorious day.
Speaker 13: You're a mug off.
Speaker 21: The word of the day is compunction, feeling of guilt or.
Speaker 27: Moral scruple that prevents or fallows the doing of something bad. So when someone says they have no compunction.
Speaker 13: Remember they have done something bad.
Speaker 21: Hello, Chris the two point Oh, have a glorious day.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much that, Teresa. Doctor Dennis from Annapolis. Our guest didn't show up. So what's on your mind? Real quickly?
Speaker 26: Uh?
Speaker 30: Your news division earlier was signing the alarm the the CDC about all these measles cases erupting. Yes, and I'm not hearing a breakdown as to how many might be illegals and their families.
Speaker 13: You know what, that.
Speaker 30: Is an excellent question, unvetted unvaccinated and Joe Biden's corrupt regime letting them in the southern border.
Speaker 23: We are not hearing that statistic.
Speaker 5: No, we're not.
Speaker 1: And it's odd that the current measles outbreaks all started in the state of Texas.
Speaker 4: And it's it's curious to me.
Speaker 1: That a state that is a border state would be where the the sudden incursion of me measles outbreaks are occurring and then spreading throughout the country. These things tend to do. But yes, we have a lot of people who are totally unvetted. We have no idea. At least in the great migratory wave of the early twentieth century in this country, the people were held at checkpoints until we found out if they were well enough to become part of the US population. We've had no such safeguards for the last four years up until President Trump took office.
Speaker 30: Yes, Joe Biden and the Democrats are interested in importing voters, but they're also importing possibly measles.
Speaker 4: Importing disease, yes, all those other wonderful.
Speaker 30: Things, yeah, TB and whatnot.
Speaker 1: Yes, and hopefully beating up your girlfriend or your wife as an epidemic. Because there we go that would start there too, all right, doctor Dennis, thank you so much for that. We'll break for news and gifts from Wally and a visit with Mo still to come.
Speaker 31: Sarah Spain for Iheartwomen's Sports Peruse then in by the All Moon twenty twenty five NIS on Armada. The Las Vegas Ace has opened up the WNBA preseason with a one to twelve seventy eight win Friday Night over Number one draft picked Page Beckers and the Dallas Wings at Notre Dames Percell Pavilion. It was a homecoming for Dallas Gardarikie a good ule longtime, asas star Jackie Young and new aces acquisition Jewel Lloyd All Notre Dame Alumps for more women's sports stories Subscarred a Good Game with Sarah Spain on A Heart Podcasts.
Speaker 12: The twenty twenty five All New Nissa part of your weekend. As this morning, scattered showers are still sticking around, same thing through the afternoon. As we reach the upper sixties tonight, expect rain to slowly taper off, but you still have a chance throughout your Sunday as well. From a severe weather station, I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 28: Seeing some light rain fall across the tri State. Right now it's fifty seven degrees. Our next update to nine o'clock. I'm Ricky Uchino, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: New twenty four hours a day. He was a radio seven hundred wl W. Good morning kids, Time for gifts for Wally. Three women, one engaged, one a mistress, and one married woman are chatting about their old friends, chatting about their relationships and decide it's time to spice things up with the men in their lives, and all three agree to wear black leather bras stiletto heels and a mask over their eyes that evening when they greet their men. Next week, they're back at lunch and they're comparing notes. The engaged woman says, the other night, when my boyfriend came over, he found me with a black leather bodice, tall stilettos and a mask. He saw me and said, you're the love of my life. I love you, and we made love all night long. The one who's a mistress said me too.
Speaker 5: The other night.
Speaker 1: I'm I met my lover at his office late and I was wearing the leather bodice, heels, a mask over my eyes, and a raincoat. I opened the raincoat. He didn't say a word, but we had a wild night. The married woman said, I sent the kids to stay at my mother's house for the night. When my husband came home, I was wearing the leather bodice, the black stockings, stilettos, and a mask over my eyes. As soon as he came in the door, he looked at me and said, what's for dinner? Batman seven hundred.
Speaker 32: WLW, Cincinnati and iHeartRadio Station make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free, new and improved iHeartRadio app. Listen for all your music, radio and podcast free. Never sounded so good. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: This is a special notice to US taxpayers owing ten thousand