Speaker 1: It's the Lapsed Fan wrestling podcast with Jack and carn s e O and JP Sorrow.
Speaker 2: He's a lapsed fan and all my years and wrestling, I never seen anything.
Speaker 3: And it's the laps fan name by the one in the ring.
Speaker 2: Forget about Slado. He the real king of swing. When the bell goes in and the kick like me throwing in the corner. But it's lash like stick. Even Jerry King can sake off the crowd. Nodded in his head like it. Steve low Brown, would you get low down?
Speaker 4: Go even high up?
Speaker 2: Flipp you on your head?
Speaker 5: But you know cool driver, you speak more now and dragon spits fire give you more shock than when head treats higher drop a more truth than the con of sniper unless you would a coconut.
Speaker 2: Roddy Piper, Jack a JP.
Speaker 5: He like j y d drop the cupcakes and gold the brain Bob means the best podcast Frost start the close cloud.
Speaker 2: If you are a classic a.
Speaker 6: Pos it has to end. A life of Sid has to end, and therefore the TLF tribute.
Speaker 2: To Sid has to end. Boss. Yes, yes, it's fair enough, fair.
Speaker 6: Enough TLFX, and it's fitting because as this you know prototypical, quintessential tlf treatment of a subject that I think in Sid is as TLFX as it gets.
Speaker 2: Really, I mean, well, you know what, you know what just something just hit me right now? What was our first.
Speaker 6: Show SummerSlam ninety one when he made his debut, Yes, when he first made his impression upon us as fans.
Speaker 2: Right when he shows face out the curtain, you know, situated as we were at the time as w W fans. Yep.
Speaker 6: I mean it's the more I go through this, the more I realize, like Sid's career touches the stuff that we were we were steeped in before we ever hit record for.
Speaker 2: The lapsed fan right exactly.
Speaker 6: These are the places we could go to without even having to do much in the way of research, to be able to talk for hours and hours about true and there was a lot was there more to Sid And it made it that work, and it made it that much more rewarding to learn all of that because we started from the base you're talking about, yep. This is somebody that we didn't have to force ourselves to care about or discover. And the way people talked about him after his passing and the unique qualities that he brought to the business in terms of charisma, in terms of being able to draw people, in in terms of being able to stay paid and employed despite being by all accounts, one of the biggest pains in the ass to ever sign a wrestling contract. If he even did sign a contract, which wasn't always the case, yet he stayed. He stayed someone that people were interested in his next move, even when that next move couldn't have been a step forward, because, as we talked about last time in our penultimate episode, the leg snap in two thousand and one completely transformed to not only the fans SID to be, but who Sid saw himself to be. Because if he has to be on the shelf for all these months, in fact years before he could even do something resembling a wrestling match again, for someone who didn't even want to leave the house unless he looked completely jacked like a fucking Marvel superhero, it took a mental toll, if not just a physical one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 6: And he talked about all the legal ramifications and how that all went sort of a round trip for Sid as he tried to pick up the pieces after WCW closed and he was mending his broken wheel. But now on the final leg of our tribute to Sid, we're going to take stock of what happened after he could no longer go in the ring. For all intents and purposes, it's not like he had zero matches after WCW SIN, but it might as well have been.
Speaker 2: I mean, because he did he did do some like some quick things. Didn't didn't he beat like didn't he beat that redhead goof? I have very good raw.
Speaker 6: I wanted to leave that unset to see if you would remember, because I wasn't sure how much of an impact that actually made. But yes, when the mine wants to say we never saw Sid again after you know ninety seven, you have to check yourself because that's not true. As far as WWWWTV, yeah, I do remember him coming on a couple of times, and I remember him beating what's his name, what's the redheads name? Heth Slater, the one man later, the one the one man can right, the one man shit canned as it were. But yeah, he was going through that whole thing where he was coming out and just getting like bulldozed by legends. It was part of a campaign to build the one thousandth episode of raw in twenty twelve, right right, Vader had come back for one shot, Piper had come back, and they had Michael Cole as a heel commentator back then in twenty twelve, so he could like call the guys de crepit and they could, you know, sort of play dumb and pretend that they weren't making fun of people that they were bringing back, when of course they were.
Speaker 2: They were just doing it through a.
Speaker 6: Heel announcer voice, so they felt like it wasn't justifying. So yes, Sid didn't get the call until they had a framework where they were essentially mocking the people that they were bringing back.
Speaker 2: Oh God, and for.
Speaker 6: Sid, who saw himself out foxing Vince at every turn in his career, it certainly was a hilarious finish there in twenty twelve. But yes, we will get there. Sid does come out once again in a WW ring with jeans On, and then we truly don't see him again.
Speaker 2: Did not make any like kind of one off appearances, not with that he wrestled, but he just kind of showed up and looked like a goof on WWE.
Speaker 6: I don't think so, no, not that I can recall. I think he made a single appearance other than the one you're referencing, and we'll chart what he was doing in the business and in his life here as we serenade.
Speaker 2: Oh, we know what he was doing. He was taking care of Vienna's and fucking taking care of the.
Speaker 6: Taking care of that was quite later, but yes, he did get around to that eventually. It does become a story of Vienna's and and.
Speaker 2: We're excited to get there. It's like it's like The Third Man, the movie The Third Man. I wanted to tell you about old Vienna.
Speaker 6: Right, But we're obliged to say if sid is as TLFX as it gets, and if twenty twenty four has been just a true monument to ten years of the Lapsed Fan, if you were to pick a year where this podcast gets the recognition it deserves, you would think it would be on our tenth year anniversary, Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say so. It would make sense to me.
Speaker 6: Vince has taught us the importance of ten year anniversaries with WrestleManias and stuff.
Speaker 2: Russell Mania's so.
Speaker 6: Mammy is a big time reset period. So we're obliged to mention right off the top. If you haven't seen the news as we record this, it should have been abundantly clear in our social media and other social media channels that the folks at the Sports Podcast Group have seen fit to nominate this very podcast for Wrestling Podcast of the Year for two twenty four.
Speaker 2: Now we're up.
Speaker 6: Against diff competition and it is a process through which brother.
Speaker 2: What ogen Ogen's podcast that'd be that I would feel threatened.
Speaker 6: There, not Hogan's but other luminaries.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's.
Speaker 6: There's no need to delineate them. But do know that this comes down to fan voting. This comes down to this is a volume game, and we've always been quality over quantity around here. It's why we are who we are. If we chased quantity from the beginning in terms of number of listeners, my god, would this show sucked, just like ninety eight percent of wrestling podcasts that have ever been created. But we found a niche of people who were willing to put cheddar on the table to support hardcore podcasting on this sport shelf life podcasting, and we've perfected it and we've introduced it as basically the only reason to do a wrestling podcast beyond you know, covering the vicissitudes of what happened this week. You know, with all due respect to the podcast to focus on the current product, they will never be listened back to in ten years, right, and they're not designed to. But we're designed to go up on the fucking Library of Congress in a wrestling context. And so that podcast absolutely, of course, at least once, deserves to be called the wrestling podcast of the year.
Speaker 2: Agreed.
Speaker 6: I think you know hard pressed would you be hard pressed? Would you be to find someone you really respect would disagree with that? And so we on the doorstep of this final leg of one of the most quintessential things we've done, one of the most quintessential hashtag lapsed things we've done, this sprawling tribute to sid that has just grown different heads and arms and legs, well maybe not legs, as we've gone. Now more than ever, on the tenth anniversary, this is the time to exercise yourself, to exercise your friends and family, to exercise anyone you've ever introduced the podcast to, anyone who's aware, even if they don't listen to us or religiously of the impact, that we have paid unpaid anyone in the sound of our voice and two three four six degrees beyond. You must go to the Sports Podcastgroup dot com website that is Sports Podcastgroup dot com and what they do is the Sports Podcast Awards. It's across several different categories. All the major sports are represented. Were up for Best Wrestling. It's very obvious who should win. And of course it's not something that we ever spend a lot of time with. You know, our troops rally themselves. We don't have to rally them. Yeah, but this might be the exception because there's nothing more TLFX I can think of. And then we'll walk away, you know, we'll be happy. It's like, all right, if we want to lean in, we can demonstrate the dominance that we all know vibrates beneath the surface of what we do every time we pick up the microphone. And if there's a third party acknowledgment opportunity for that, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Hey, I heard what you said there, third party acknowledgment. That's what I've been striving for my whole life. Jesse.
Speaker 6: I think what I'm trying to say is, if we don't win Best Wrestling Podcasts in the Sports Podcast Award, it's because they wouldn't let us in the debates.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the idea, because I know you'd win, they know we'd win. We know we'd win. You know we'd win. So let's just do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 6: Let's make each other proud as much as Maker co chairman proud and vot the Lapsed Fan the Best Wrestling Podcast of the Year and the Sports Podcast Group Sports Podcast Awards for the Year twenty twenty four. I can't think of a better year to do it. Agreed, Agreed, fucking Let's go home. Let's show them the power of what we're talking about, and let's knock on doors. Let's use some shoe leather if you will. Let's campaign, because remember this was an election year, and what a campaign it was. The TLFX games that came down to crown and Lapsed Vince the greatest character in Lapsed Fan history. There's been a lot of a lot of campaign energy around the podcast this year.
Speaker 2: Of all years, I would say, I would say that it's very true done.
Speaker 6: A lot of narrowing down, a lot of crystallizing of what it is we're about. A lot of message refinement has gone on this year through things like the TLFX testimonials that we've been proud to share, as listeners from across the Solar System have put down in their own words, why this means so much the live show we did in Philadelphia this year which laid bare the in the city of brotherly love and that founding American city, how foundational our ethos is to why even bother doing a wrestling podcast? So you know what to do? Do it Sports Podcast Awards, So the twenty twenty five edition, because you're going to be able to vote all the way through into the new year and into and through January. But make it happen. It's the way it simply has to be. They've they've they've realized that we belong in this category. Yep, and show them, show them. Not only are they right that they have no clue what they've what they have done by.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's just say they have no fucking idea.
Speaker 6: Smiling upon the Solar system, prepare for beams of effervescent light.
Speaker 2: In terms of me most importantly, the what they haven't realized what they've done is that they have they have opened the door, Yes to unrefined, pure, uncut, uncensored pain.
Speaker 6: Pain that acknowledgment that pain is the only point. Yes, that until you get to the point of pain, you're kidding yourself and everybody else is kidding themselves.
Speaker 2: Pain makes you no pleasure, right, pain is pleasure. You're gonna say pain helps you process pleasure. No, you went right to it.
Speaker 6: That wasn't even a three headed monster there. You know, once you go yeah, you guys are the best podcast, then it's like, it's it's really hard to take it back. We've seen people do that over the years. You know, they fall into our favor and then for whatever reason, they just decide it's cooler to like not like us, and it's hard for them because they know that at one point in time they kissed the ring.
Speaker 2: Listen, you know what I think of it as this is its adolescence, right. You know, you don't when you're an adolescent, when you're in that in that age of between ten and eighteen, you don't want to admit that mommy and daddy are right, and you will.
Speaker 6: Go to absurd lengths to try to demonstrate that they're wrong, absurd lengths, self destructive lengths even in some cases.
Speaker 2: But you always come home.
Speaker 6: The door is always willing to swing open when you come around, and nothing needs to be said, yep, because we love you unconditionally. Right, That's right, that's right, and so return the Favor Sports Podcast Awards TLFX. Let's really bring this motherfucker home, and let's bring home our tribute to Sid.
Speaker 2: What do you say, I think it's I think it's about ten.
Speaker 6: Times absolutely the Unapologetic Sin Tribute, as we heard last time, basically heard nothing from him for several years in terms of like high profile wrestling appearances, especially through two thousand and one. Like he said, he changed his phone number. He didn't want to talk to anybody in the business because anytime you pick up the phone, all they'd want to talk about is how it happened, whose fault it was, and get the story over and over again. And for someone who takes his physical well being as seriously as Sid did his whole life, that's not the kind of conversation he's interested in having. Eighteen thousand times, so he falls off the map. People don't even necessarily know what's up with him. He does make a brief appearance, as we mentioned last week, for the World Wrestling All Stars group. This is a group run by an Australian named Andrew mcmannus, who sort of tried to pick up the pieces of the WCW talent that weren't.
Speaker 2: I remember that happening when we were in college, right, that's right. It would have been a two thousand and two Okay. They brought in Randy Savage and I think Jeff Jarrett as well, right just before like it was going to become clear that TNA was going to be the best shot at recreating WCW.
Speaker 6: They sort of were. They had a pay per view that was available in the United States that they did. Australia was a very strong live event market for WCW. Even in the absolute dying death days of the promotion, they were still able to draw pretty impressive houses over there, and so it was thought that this would be you know, the subject of, or rather the center of, something that might be plausible, that might be workable from a business standpoint, if the fans over there were willing to support something other than WWF, which it appeared they were. Go back to the tnh journey right before he goes into TNA, he does the Hogan Tour Australia and works with the Rick Flair, right, because that was just the wrap on that market. As you could make money there still with the cast of characters that WCW had at the very end, and so at one point they go through some commissioners, Brett Hart and then Sid. Sid was a commissioner for the WWA, but he didn't do anything that resonated. He didn't do anything that was considered like a highlight or a promo. It's not the UWF match he had with us Steve Williams. Yeah he did it, but it's not like he said or did anything that was money about it that would live on on YouTube necessarily or anything like that. So I really don't consider it a return though it was the first time he popped his head up after snapping his leg at Sin about a full year and a half after happened, but then he just disappeared really all over again after that brief run as commissioner. He did say that TNA reached out to him. Well, actually he didn't say they reached out to him. He said when Jeff Charett first started TNA, he said this in a shoot interview with our video. They didn't have like a great roster of people to put up that they were, you know, presenting to potential sponsors. Potential broadcast partners, whatever the case may be. They have a lot of guys locked up, and he said that Jeff Jarrett called him and asked him. The way Sid put it is, he gave TNA a letter of recommendation. Only Sid would call it a letter of recommendation, Oh my god, basically saying, yeah, you can say I'm working for the company, you can associate my name with this as you're trying to get something going business wise. But at the time, he's on a walker, and according to Sid, they're shopping his name around as one of the wrestling luminaries that could be yours. If you support this, I'm sure Jeff Jarrett would absolutely disagree with that. SID has talked big shit about Jeff Yard as well. But you know, they used Hogan's name as if they were going to do a Hogan Jarrett match in two thousand and three and it never happened. So I think it's completely against type for them as they struggle to get traction with pay per view providers and things, to just throw any name against the wall, even if it was a soft commitment from someone who couldn't even walk.
Speaker 2: It's just a fucking I don't know it just that whole thing. I don't know, it's it's it's funny. I guess what I I guess. What's funny to me is how even how how desperate wrestling promoters are when it comes to name talent. Yeah, who may or may not have ever drawn actual money, you know, but they have a name, and so even if they're well over the hill in terms of what they can actually offer, it's it's so it's fascinating to me how how organizations are so desperate bring in and and in a way they don't. I mean maybe it's different now, I suppose with the aw and whatnot, but they don't necessarily build new talent up. It's always let's rely on the old fucking guys. Who can you know, who have been quote unquote successful. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think when you're triple funding together, it helps to put people in front of financiers.
Speaker 2: Who have Yeah. Yeah, I suppose that heard of it. Yeah, you know what, I'll admit, I don't think of it in terms of like in terms of like, you know, trying to get people to I think of it as, oh, I've already got money. But when you're trying to get money, you need that kind of shit, and that's very true.
Speaker 6: Well, what's interesting is, you know, Tony Kanad money and he still goes for every WW guy I can get his hands on and woman. You know, so it's sort of like it's.
Speaker 2: Like a yeah, but how many of them were actual draws?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: I know? Yeah, fucking gets.
Speaker 6: It's like a disease with no qre kind of thing because if anyone would have done, it would have been him. And now he's replete with guys that you still think primarily WW when you look at them, despite his attempts to kind of them. But yeah, so yeah, point taken. But if you try to get something off the ground and approach with a list of guys that are going to be huge stars in ten years but nobody's heard of, ah, I'll take a pass of that. That doesn't seem like the best place to invest my money. Jeff, thank you, though, who's aj styles?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 8: So you did so?
Speaker 6: I guess that was part of that's the extent of Sid's TNA involvement. I mean, he had said that all the things I did to help those guys, they called and asked me to come in and do some things. But I wasn't honest with them, he said. One time in a shoot interview, he said he told him I don't want to work for those guys unless I know I'm not going to work for Vince because I wouldn't do something small. This poor guy on a walker still thinks that Vince gives a shit about him. He still thinks that in the end, Vince is going to be the one that needs him more than he needs Vince.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm want to tell you something. So so Vincent May has said one hundred and fifty cans of Vienna is the cathedral? Correct? And I sent him an autograph picture.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you didn't send him an autographed contract, though, did you? Because because one wasn't one was never offered.
Speaker 2: I said he was going to put my picture on a contract, and then why I didn't have to sign it? Bucker still get paid. Have you seen this man kind of picture? Have you seen? Let me have you have we can we put this up on the Listen. I want to put this picture, this signed autographed picture of Sid down at the front desk of Titan Towers. Do not allow this man in all right, do not allow Sid in the building. If you see him, shoot him.
Speaker 6: It's like when it came over the loudspeaker when he fired Warrior. Remember Tom Fleming, the w.
Speaker 2: W F artist. Oh my god, Yeah, the interview with us about it.
Speaker 6: It's like all of a sudden, he's working on stuff for a Warrior and then Vince's they no voice comes over the headquarter wide intercom. Weird, no anger doing business with Ultimate Warrior. Please see sect anything in motion regarding.
Speaker 2: U UH employees of Titan Sports Incorporated, Corporate, I would like corporate. There's an echo employees of Titan Sports Incorporated. This is Vincent Kennedy McMahon, the owner, CEO, head han show of sorts of the of the organization. I I'm I'm I'm for those of her here who don't know who Vince is. I've been the I've been involved in this business since the nineteen seventy. We are a multi uh functional conglomerate of media enterprise, and I just wanted to let every or know that we are currently no longer using the services and talents of the Ultimate Warrior. Thank you have a good holiday. Of course, of course it's the last message before a holiday break. Actually it would have been right because we've been around Thanksgiving. It's true. It's true. Didn't even think of that. That was just a whim but we.
Speaker 6: Are in the holiday season. I do kind of adore the idea of like full time WWF staff who like don't care about wrestling, but they have skills WWF us and they live practice approximate to Standford, Connecticut working there.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's like, you know, it's funny. It reminds me of of all the people who you know, when I was at when I when I was in LA and I worked at Sony or not at Sony, but when I was working on the Sony lot, talking like, there are all these people who are just working regular jobs, but they just happen to be at a movie studio, right, you know, you need to have that those those jobs like accountants and and whatever who really have no impact on the actual and have no interest maybe to do but you know, not necessarily any interest in the actual runnings of the studio. But they just happened their job just happens to be at the studio.
Speaker 6: I mean, those people have always been the subject of endless fascination to me, and just the idea that they got benefits, they got Christmas vacations, you know, right, And the wrestlers who make the whole thing go round couldn't even dream of having the same track link from an employment perspective as these people who hated wrestling or not hated, who are indifferent to the actual product that you know, that that made the machine run.
Speaker 2: Just fascinating. That to me, that is the bigger thing because in my mind because if you if you hate wrestling, I can see you kind of working at a wrestling company. If you love wrestling, I can see you working at a wrestling company. If you're indifferent, those are the people that I'm that are truly fascinating, because how the fuck did you get this job?
Speaker 6: They answer a one ad for graphic designer and it happens to be you know, near fucking Long Island or wherever they grew up.
Speaker 2: You know, they need a janitor, they need whatever, you know, all those all those businesses need those things every day everyday jobs. Let's not kid ourselves a baby job. We're talking about every day job.
Speaker 6: I don't that's a one ad. He's not answering, right, but my jobing brother, it's not kid ourselves. Job board, what do you mean? What what do you set that up at the tapings?
Speaker 8: Dude?
Speaker 2: Like, what do you what do you mean like someone's gonna like like a wooden board people laid out on or two? That are we talking about? It's a job board?
Speaker 6: What is that where you put the names up of people doing a job? Is ul Hogan's name on there?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think who's put who's putting the names up on the job.
Speaker 6: Here's my thing, brother, I understand you're saying I'm none on the job board, But the way my mind works is why didn't I know of the existence of such a thing as a job board in the first place. If it wasn't a way to do an end run around Ulshogan right ill would know what that I would know what it was.
Speaker 2: The thing is, too, I want to know exactly why people are doing this behind my back exactly.
Speaker 6: That's I don't really care what the job board is. I care why I'm not told about it exactly, you know. So I want to know why I'm not told about these things. I want to why people are trying to beat Hulk Hogan because he okay, he goes like, I don't care if I'm jobbing or not. I just care about the secret to the secretiveness of it. And then he comes right back around and says, I want to know if people want to beat Hulkogan. It's like, no, you just said, you just said, you acknowledge that that doesn't matter and that's not a reality, and he still brings it up. So let's not kid ourselves. Another part of the reason we didn't hear much from Sid for a couple of years after dying, said be closed. The check was still coming in the mail, you know what I mean, still getting paid. As we discussed in the episodes about you know, the lawsuits you filed around the injury, he had quite a bit of time, including that worker's compensation payment for the injury and you know pay per view money that checks that he cashed for pay per views that he was owed but never happened, and he didn't have to work, but his contract called for a minimum Uh. So you know, that's also part of the reason that a lot of these guys uh disappeared for a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: Nash you know famously said like, you know, if you're getting paid what you're getting paid right now to sit at home and watching Netflix, would you take it?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, what do you want? Like, you know, you just gotta fucking you know I'm getting. I'm getting. I'm I'm getting paid to sit at home. Fucking I work on a dollar to bump ratio and if I can get paid a lot of dollars for zero buck, fucking you know, hit some sativa and drink some fucking veno.
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course, he says, watch Netflix, by the way, you know what kind of films is?
Speaker 2: You know, I fucking watched those those fucking indie college channels. Yeah, watching some fucking you know, up and coming you know, film tours.
Speaker 6: Fuck, so oh three passes, you know, four. He suddenly pomps up again in Montreal, of all places, where there's some shows going on in a promotional banner called the IWS. And involved in the IWS is Pierre Carl Willette from lochae Becker's PCO, as he's known now. And come to find out, PCO was one of Sid's absolute best friends in the business.
Speaker 2: Good out of here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I don't think people necessarily knew this until this run started to happen. And you know, the shoot interview business was much more replete. There was channels everywhere, and people would interview PCO, especially Devin Nicholson up who runs as Hannibal runs Great White North Wrestling, and by virtue of running that promotion, was able to bring in a lot of guys with you know, old stardom from WWF past and get a whole new round of shoot interviews done as part of the deal. A lot of the stuff we've talked about and excerpted over the course of the tribute to SID has come from SID getting booked by Great White North and agreeing to do shoot interviews as part.
Speaker 2: Of the deal.
Speaker 6: PCO has also done shoot interviews with Hannibal and has been asked about SID in particular. PCO, of course, is a name that carries some weight in the Montreal wrestling scene, and he talked to Hannibal about his history with SID. It all became pretty clear here as SID suddenly starts re emerging. For example, on June twelf, two thousand and four, SID had teamed with PCO to defeat the team of Big Larry and Dolla Bill a main event anywhere in the country, No, sorry, what a main event anywhere in the country, and by the country, I mean Montserrat but a PCO told Hannibal, I consider Sid to be my best friend ever in the business. We had so much fun together. I could ask him probably anything. He was close to my family, to pco's parents. As a matter, you can always ask him anything. The problem is is he's going to tell you the truth about it. Yeah, be careful what you asked Sid would be my suggestion. Yeah, he was almost part of a pco's family, as he tells it. And when he went to work for the Power Pro Wrestling Company, which was the Memphis Developmental territory that we talked about, were Sid was in that PBO stable in between runs. PCO actually stayed at Sid's house when he was working down in that territory. So shit and getting the Booker t and Stevie Ray treatment there at Chateau Ud.
Speaker 2: Okay, we all want to go because.
Speaker 6: At first PCO says he rented a condo down there, and eventually he Sid just said, you know what, coming to my house, lived with the family, and he was there and remembers his wife being generous. And he also remembers, interestingly, which I can't imagine Sid having a maid, which is just too much to think.
Speaker 2: Wow, helping out with the kids and everything. He didn't have fucking just Frank doing all that shit.
Speaker 6: I think it made was helping take care of Frank was twenty years old, and what would they do. They would go to the gyms every morning. You know, Sid needs a workout partner, especially getting back on his feet, such as he was working out doing the twice a days. Right back at it is Sid. And here's a little bit of a direct color from the aforementioned Hannibal shoot interview PCO reflecting on his friend Sid.
Speaker 9: I really never changed much. You know, he kept that same house. It was not a big big spender. Like you know, he works on his h He has a special car that it it's not like the car. It's like, yeah, sort of a jeep. Note puts that real strong.
Speaker 2: Engine and it tires.
Speaker 9: But his best friend is mechanical, so it doesn't cost him that much the parts. You know, it's like their babies together, those guys. You know, they just work on the jeep all the time, and it can make the mud goes up.
Speaker 2: Fifty feet in the air.
Speaker 9: You know, it's really really strong.
Speaker 2: It's a nice jeep. It's it's very very odd. But other than that.
Speaker 9: It's it's not a big spender.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sid just working on the jeep. And listen, I know for damn we know for sure that Sid is not a big spender.
Speaker 6: I can picture working on the jeep. I can picture him working on the jeep, like but still wearing like a chaps button up with the top button buttoned, with short sleeves. He's somehow in like a checkered like dress shirt.
Speaker 2: While he does. Yeah, oh for sure, listen, he's he he is always wearing some kind of like, you know, some kind of button down dress shirt, like it's either plaid or it's you know, you know, and it's and he's tucked into jeans. And he's always wearing a hat, a baseball hat, like all right, doesn't matter where what he's doing, like if he's not in the ring, that's what he's wearing.
Speaker 1: A lap fan wrestling podcast, the wrestling podcast that knows the boys need their candy. It's the Lampsed Fan. He's a lapsed fan wrestling podcast with Jack and Carno JP Soro.
Speaker 6: But again, that's that's what everyone says is he lived incredibly modestly, essentially stuck to the same neighborhood that is his his ancestors were from, and that he returned to, uh, you know, an agro lifestyle, a farming lifestyle, and never, despite the money made in the business, ye never bought a big ostentatious house or a big ostentatious car, or really did anything that indicated that he was interested in the trappings of you know, making millions in the wrestling business. And what does that do? That gives you freedom, That gives you freedom to just fucking disappear.
Speaker 2: Well it also, I mean there's that, and it also gives you the freedom to walk away.
Speaker 6: That's right, It's what I'm by disap here, right, you could just fuck it, I'm done for now.
Speaker 2: You don't you know that? That's always the you know, we hear about that all the time about wrestlers who just can't fucking walk away. It's because they don't have any money. But if you do it, if you play it smart and you and you live modestly, or if you live like see him punk, you know, then you can then you can not work. You know, you've saved up enough money and then your money's making money. Yep.
Speaker 6: And you didn't allow the wrestling business to create your idea of yourself and thus put you in huge debt with a huge house, right, and all these other toys and assets, because you let the wrestling business tell you like, Okay, because I'm making this money now, I'm going to define who I am by the things I buy. Whereas a guy like Sid knows who he is already, yes, and he's just he's always ready to go back there if need be, and the money is just helping him do it in kind of a more deliberated fashion. There's definitely wisdom there. As much of a pain in the ass as he was, and as much as a lot of this wasn't by design, and just because he was you know, too cute by a mile and dealing with promoters and thinking he was getting one over on them, and they were just kind of laughing at him and waiting for the chance to cut bait and rewarding him with you know, two month title reigns, right, because that was his reputation. He did have that ace in the hole where it was like, I did not build up my sense of myself with the money I made in the wrestling business, and so I'm not in a position to have to support that lifestyle and therefore be completely vulnerable to promoters. So that I can continue furthering that lifestyle. I can afford just not work for years and still be okay, and you know, have a ton of fun in court, right, suing motherfuckers and trying sure, you know, having enough money to have the lawyers, that's one thing. It's like you live that way. It's like, where's all the proof of it? He lives so humbly. He's like, no, you know where it goes. It goes with the lawyers that are going to grab two or three more paydays. Then the next guy can afford to fight for exactly because he'll just sue you. And he loves to sue people. So he's a tigious guy. He loves to blow cush too, you know, and that's not cheap. Yes, this guy goes high as a motherfucker his whole life. Right, We're talking about night stick sized Marley spliffs. We're talking about this guy's blowing fucking blunts, the size of the inflatable baseball bats you see at kid's birthday parties.
Speaker 2: Okay, can you imagine? Can you imagine too? Like you know, Frank, Frank snuck out at night. He's coming home, really really late, absolutely red eyed, yep. And then but then, but then you get Sid at home waiting. He knows, he knows that that Frank's gonna fucking stroll in like a motherfucker, and he and Sid has been smoking like nobody's business. But he's still dressed, yes, in a plaid shirt, button down, tucked in with a hat. He's in the house. Okay, he's in the house. Frank, Frank, I see you. I saw you five miles away, and you're smoking my joint and I could see far beyond the limitations of society, right exactly. It opens up new worlds to him, and I will see him beyond the limitations of human ability to see. It's real simple, And I'm gonna tell you something, Frankie's real simple. You sneak out of the house again. You sneak out with my car. You come back here, I'll kill you.
Speaker 6: The Sidney ad libs never disappoints, does it. I thought you were gonna say to see, Frank, it's real simple. You said my church at Cana and Assassin.
Speaker 2: You delivered. I'm gonna tell you something else. You finally deliver those fucking being us. I almost send you sound picture, huge kudos.
Speaker 6: One of the most delightful parts of the SID tribute has been members of the Solar System, mostly commenting on Patreon, who have caught on to ways to spell the way SID says words, How do you spell the way?
Speaker 2: SID says picture? It's p I T C H E R. Thank you very much, I Richard.
Speaker 10: Oh, he sent my church a casey Vianna sausages, and I send him an autograph picture.
Speaker 2: Hey, the autograph picture the way, he says. Sean Michaels his money. I love seeing Solar System members try to spell ball water.
Speaker 6: Yes, just amazing. Oh so thank you SID. O five becomes six, becomes O seven, and he pops up again working at the new l Ham Arena NFL, of course, the former you c W Arena for the p W you promotion, where he wrestles his old buddy and his old night and shining armor if you will. Two cold Scorpio, He who hit the bloodied hallways of the England Hotel room after the scissor brawl with arn Anderson. I hesitate to call it a scissor fight, of course, and exactly.
Speaker 2: What's going on, dude, will know Lesbian's brother.
Speaker 6: Did He say, say what did you got lesbians? He said, God, yeah, we got him here, Terry, they're right here.
Speaker 2: Say hi, what he didn't know they were here? He thought they were route. You tell me they're already here. Well, I thought, that's not I don't that's not what we agreed to at all. They're here, brother, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. We have the holllest thing in dude, man, Where where where is specified happening?
Speaker 6: Due if only had the wherewithal to get to the E C W Arena in the summer heat in two thousand and seven to see two gold Scorpio versus sid.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, I'll tell you that that's a's a main event anywhere in that part of Philadelphia.
Speaker 6: And yeah, South Philly, anywhere in that fucking industrial park that that industrial area they sit in next to like a gear manufacturer and a cheese steak place with a two mile long line. Oh, I know, the plaza across from the fucking uh you know, Marshalls.
Speaker 2: That's just fucking perfect, wasn't it absolutely per fect?
Speaker 6: Sitting in that cab trying or the uber trying not to touch the cheese steak till we got to the hotel.
Speaker 2: Ah that was I mean, just fucking kill me. The smell of an onion rings the whole ride. Ah. Like, I'll tell you the thing is that makes it. You know, that makes it a very simple, plain act that you're not going to do well eating that food, right because now you've made you've tortured yourself to smell it for longer, So all you want to do is put it in your mouth as fast as possible.
Speaker 6: I think there's a pretty good chance that Sid, wearing jeans under knee pads and boots, ate one of those on a round wooden table behind the curtain.
Speaker 2: Yes he did, Yes he did brought it also, sure you know what, I'm damn sure that he ate one right at a stand and said, fuck it, they're not going to start without me, right, exactly how you would you like to eat here?
Speaker 6: A regular? A regular Rosa Parks? He was lunch counter activist Sid. So then he goes up to uh Ottawa that summer and works for the super FX promotion where he wrestles Johnny Devine, and then he goes to wrestle for any W in Danbury, Connecticut against Jerry law we missed the chances. He sid and Lawler in O seven What a bummer. Then he goes to what btw and RIVERA O my God to wrestle too cold again remember tenth of two thousand and seven, then kick it over to two thousand and eight. He works in nWo Pro TV taping in Lincoln, Rhode Island at the Twin Rivers where he defeats Joe Delicious. I'm not sure that ever made a television. He works another nWo Pro NWA Pro TV taping in Atlanta on June seventh of two thousand and eight, where he defeats wrestlers by the name of Davy Boy Blain and Justin Carino.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he's.
Speaker 6: Still only taking matches where he can destroy people. Two on ONEWNWA Pro.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I keep seeing nWo in New Jersey he wrestles Joe Delicious, so this must be his buddy, This Joe Delicious guy. He worked the Knights of Columbus June thirteenth, two thousand and eight and Richfield Park, New Jersey, where he on Dave Greco, Justin Creno, and Kyle Thurdon in a three on one handicap. You can guess who won that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna imagine Yeah that Listen sitting't losing any handicaps beat.
Speaker 6: Cut well, well, he beat Kyle Gordon. In June, he did a wrestling super show in Pemberke, Ontario against the aforementioned Hannibal Devil Nicholson, where they wrestled each other to a disqualification. That was on June twenty, two thousand and eight. And then he worked a wrestling super show card as it was called in Hawkesbury and Antario against a wrestler named a Tiger Raj Singh, where he defeated him on June twenty first, two thousand and eight. And then it was time for the Phone a ring from an old pal, the guy who found him first on the softball field, the guy who gave him his first match under the Lord Humongous Gimmick against the Lights Nick Bucklinkle. Jerry the King Lawler is still working the Tennessee State Fairgrounds. Boss It's time for a card that was entitled celebrating thirty five years of Wrestling with Jerry the King Lawler, A tribute to the King and his He blessed Sid Vicious to be his opponent for this occasion. It was a very over seven in two thousand and eight matches on YouTube and Sid is in jeans, and Sid is back in the Memphis territory, if you will, and trying to suck off the fumes of what's left in that one part of the country where there's still just a little bit of a spark around the idea of our local wrestling. And he wrestled Lawler such as he was, you know, with his titties and everything in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: Of course, listen, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 6: And he's in jeans and Jimmy Hart is in Sid's corner to get the heat.
Speaker 2: I guess, I guess what the fuck is Jesus, it's like with Jimmy Hart going to add that little extra for draw edge.
Speaker 6: You think we've seen you think we've seen Sid standing around before?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 6: D you see this one? A lot of standing around. He body slams Jerry Lawler about six times after several lock ups to start the match, and then he punches him and stands around. Lawler eventually does his comeback, throws a low blow at a drop kick. Jimmy Hart gets up on the ape and tries to hold Jerry Lawler open for a shot. Of course, Lawler moves out of the way and Sid pops Jimmy Hart and Lawler rolls up Sid for the one, two three, and Sid sells this roll up finish as if he'd just been shot in the head.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 6: My favorite thing about Sid bar none is that he sells everything as if he should be supine ready to be put into the grave. Yep, right, every move it's either no selling and he's getting back to his feet to get to his chokes, like the power Bomb, where he is fucking a corpse on the ground motionless for minutes on end, laying there even to the detriment of the flow of the match, like why since not getting up at all?
Speaker 2: Fucking uh, mister Purfs should taking some notes from Sid. Oh shit, it's selling that fucking stone Cold Center in two thousand and two.
Speaker 6: No, I mean he sells the roll up like Owen should have sold the Summer Slam ninety seven roll up. He just lays there like the roll up is a knockout blow.
Speaker 2: I probably couldn't get up. It's probably stuff so uh, I can't get the rest Kevin Lawler, get over free Lawler. I know you're all her son King right, just looking me in the eye. You something real simple. I can't get up. That is real simple, said you might.
Speaker 6: You realize when you're giving an urgent message, you know, ear to ear and the people can't hear you, you don't have to do the it's real simple preface. You don't have to say that.
Speaker 2: I know what you're talking about. This is how I talk. These are the things that I say, right all right, and I'm gonna make it real simple for.
Speaker 6: You, he said, says it again, and he says, by the way.
Speaker 2: There, I don't want to make things complicated, right, God forbid. I don't know if you don't want to make them complicated for my sake or for your sake, But that's fine, And he says, this is what I'm gonna say. He said that it's pronounced what's pronounced sake, the wine, the Japanese sake. For God's sake, Will you get over here, gunner. They taught me that in Japan. Wait to hear what else they taught him in Japan. I can't wait to get to that. But look, I mean, as this thing kind of starts to very very vaguely resemble the lapsed Funk Terry Funk journey. Who is the opponent? Right that like threads together the generations. You know, who's the guy? Yes, Jerry Lawler. Yep, it's totally true.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: As great as he was in his own right, Lawler was like foil to so many wrestlers who straddle the generations, you know, and you could go back to it because Lawler did not work a style that you couldn't do even when you were really old and beyond your years. And it was the promos were so strong that you could just pick up or you left off from a promo perspective. We heard you remember the one we called him a baby banger, Terry Funk.
Speaker 2: No, I don't remember that.
Speaker 6: He came back here that outdoor promo where he was like on his farm and he's a baby banger to get people in the building in like two thousand and four to see him wrestle Jerry Lawler one more time. And they went all around the horn. MLW A bunch of indies in the Northeast. They're just tremendous and so sid The beneficiary of that is well here all the way in the year two thousand and eight, after which he could do very little beyond just like we mentioned, stand around. He was asked in the End Your Head podcast about working with Jerry Lawler one time was Sid and he said, it's like working with a skeleton out of the closet. Slow, he's already dead. It doesn't matter, and then they laugh.
Speaker 2: Wow. So I'm going to tell you something, guys. Good.
Speaker 6: That's where I've said this before, is that we have to do as workers in this business. We have to learn how to be comfortable in an uncomfortable situation. One of them sometimes is what a lot of times means is I can make someone feel uncomfortable by not moving. This is what Sid is offering. I can make someone uncomfortable by not moving, he says.
Speaker 2: I'm want to say you something. I want to say something right now. I will make you feel uncomfortable. I can promise I'll make you feel by not moving. I will stand perfectly still and you will find no comfort.
Speaker 11: You know what.
Speaker 6: I don't really disagree with him Sid standing there not moving it kind of works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, of course, Jesus.
Speaker 6: And he's basically, yeah, you know why you're not moving Sid because your leg doesn't work anymore. Right, but it's now a psychology right, So again a luxury that Jerry Lawler afforded so many veterans that they could find in just one more payday that had a spark of the old time, even when they could barely move, like Terry Funk could barely move, because Lawler had set expectations such that people didn't feel ripped off even if the match was that low action and that's gone, that's gone. Yeah, yeah, the crop today. If they can't do what they do now, there no one's gonna sit around and by no one, there's not gonna be people who like accept them doing a style that you know, they don't have knees anymore, they don't have any spring in their step anymore. Their careers are over. They're cooked if they can't do dives and all that stuff. And that's their choice, and it works for them in the in the moment, but you've got to think careers, boss are going to be a lot shorter, right, earning year is going to be a lot shorter. You're not going to be like Sid and still find ways to get booked. In two thousand and eight, after what happened to your leg? I don't think, so what do you think?
Speaker 2: I think? I think it's Sid. I think Sid finds a way much like life and Jeff Goldbloom in Jurassic Park, Sid finds a way.
Speaker 6: Sid does find a way to get booked until we give you that. So I'm going to play for you a little bit of that sound from the aforemntioned interview that he did with the In Your Head podcast said talking about being uncomfortable and uncomfortable situations and not moving.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I was. You know, that's a nice job. People crazy because you're gonna realize that, what with all of a thousand million times a thousand million industry get in the ring sometimes, so that's sometime uncomfortable doing and that puts a lot of people in an uncomfortable situation. But no, I like it like that, and now I think it's TV and it's going to be something we need to have down to ever do a little segment and everything. I think, then you you talk it out, you know, but it's a lot of fun to be able to do that on the comfort of people.
Speaker 2: And you know, Bamba, he's talking now about Bam Bam Bigelow. Let me go ahead just a little bit.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna tell you some guys what we have to as workers in this business. We have to learn how to be comfortable and an uncomfortable situation. And one of them sometimes is, uh, what longest time means? I can make someone feel uncomfortable? But by not moving, I feel real comfortable.
Speaker 2: By not moving, I'm not gonna want me too.
Speaker 11: You know, whatever match before me or whatever dictator fast, I'm I'm moving in the ring, and uh, I think Kings gives me what you don't see with many people today. I've got a calm about me that you just don't see. And what I got that from was from him. Honestly, I got my you know, a lot of the on tough interview stuff, the ability to do that you know, you got to realize in these interviews in the day, we had to do these things on a fly miss Live TV. So that's something he taught me how to do too, and that he's one best at it. So I learned a lot from the guy, and that right here, that one thing in my repertoire means a lot to me, just to be able to make someone feel uncomfortable. Or I can feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation means.
Speaker 6: A lot to him to be able to do that. Do you think he could make you feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation or vice versa.
Speaker 2: I think he'd I think he'd maybe feel uncomfortable most of the time.
Speaker 6: So calendar turns to two thousand and nine. He hits up to Montreal and works in more shows against the likes of Frankie the Mobster and Handsome JF and Jeff Johnson. He works a wrestling super show in thunder Bay, Ontario on two and eighteenth, So it's a lot of work in Canada. And in these later years he wrestles Jim Duggan in two thousand and nine, I invite you to consider God. And then he goes to work for the Juggalos. He goes to work for the Insane Clown Posse. They really, yes, they have their wacky shows in the middle of the forest or whatever the fuck they would do. This one is in cave in Rock, Illinois and he was part of a multiman match. Corporal Robinson who was a regular for the JCW guys, Scott Hall who would come out in ICP hockey Jersey and just stand around shaggy tued open, violent Jay of course, the two sides of the insane clown posse and yes, Sid Vicious who comes out to a combination of the end WO theme music and the why because they had.
Speaker 2: A j W O stable in Oh My God j c W and in the Psycho Sid music and he was a surprise.
Speaker 6: They would that's what they would do with j CW. As they would hire eighties guys and they would come in and do two moves, not unlike how Paul Haym and you Sid, you know what I mean. It wasn't like anything long term. It wasn't a contract if they worked more than once. It was just by happenstance. And again crossover with Terry Funk who told all kinds of stories about how much he loved the clowns because they paid him incredibly well well after his expiration date and left money at his house and everything to make it good to him. And here's here's Sid getting a bit of that taste in this ten person tag against a series of guys who worked as heels and in that organization, Sid and Hall were buddies. You know, we've heard Nash talk about it. They they were very close even after w W folded, and Sid has talked a little bit about kind of reaching out to Scott as he went through his struggles and offering to stay, let him.
Speaker 2: Stay, and all that.
Speaker 6: All the above, and no doubt Haul helping the psycho. One get a taste of that in seeing clown posse money and wear a baggy hockey jersey in his own right. So he got the tag. In the match, he stood there static for several minutes. He slapped a guy and choke slammed one after the other, choke slamming everybody. It's very clear what you're signing up for when you bring Sid in, especially at this point in his life and career, and that he power bombed a guy and that's that. One's for the Juggalos. Then to October of two thousand and nine, back in Illinois, he works a six man tag with Scott Hall and someone runed the Lord Humongous Gimmick against Tojo Yamamoto Junior, a wrestler named Panic, and a wrestler named Ryz Morino, and that was that was it for that run there in Illinois. He then makes a run to France, Okay, there's a company called a w R that ran a tour of France in November of two thousand and nine and Sid ends up on the tour and he wrestles XPOX several times and beats him and beats a guy named the Suicide Machine. Unbelievable Sid in France, and that's gonna go, well.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's wild.
Speaker 6: And in two thousand and nine, I mean, come on, like, how how is it worth it bringing that guy in?
Speaker 2: I really? I mean obviously they're this the you're not doing well that promotion. Also one guy, do what you can, but.
Speaker 6: One guy who was excited to see him there, because this was one of those promotions that pulled together, you know, just about anybody who was on the circuit that had just left WWE and had a bit of that name recognition. Rob van Dam was was on this tour and Rob Dandam was someone, as we talked about when we mentioned sid zcw Run, that was you know, very gregarious towards Sid, welcoming somebody that uh Rob is always good about building bridges with the prior generation. Hogan liked him in TNA and stuff like that, and he was very complimentary and deferential towards Hulking and Sid was much the same way. But RVD saw the potential, despite Sid's incredible limitations at this point in time, to actually have a decent match with Sid. He saw a great challenge and working around Sid's limitations and all the things RVD can do flying around the ring to create something. But you know, you don't know if you're gonna get the chance with Sid until he gets off the plane and you study his countenance, let alone boss if he suffers another his incontinental title until But you also don't know what you're getting with Sid and what you convince him to do until you talk to him after tearing his bicep on the tour. Oh no, And if you think Sid's cranky in general, what about a torn bicep? Sid in France in two thousand and nine. Here's RVD on Renee Duprie's podcast talking about the memory. Renede de Prix was also on the tour, so you'll see him pipe in with some detail as RVD gets into the story. But this is this is the state of Sid after he had faded from the spotlight, and we'd only hear little drips and drabs about what he was doing on the indies far and wide.
Speaker 4: I know, I'm trying to figure who else was there. And I remember Sid when Sid came and then and left.
Speaker 2: Remember talk about that for a second though.
Speaker 4: So Sid hadn't been wrestling and in years and years and years, and he wanted to go back to w WE. So I'm pretty sure he thought they're just doing this easy overseas tour would get his name in the sheet. You know, there's a lot of long uh, Prima Donna has to learn. You know, you don't always get to go to the gym or get a full night sleep.
Speaker 7: You might be.
Speaker 2: Getting in late checking it. So he was pissed about all of that.
Speaker 4: And then yeah, remember one time he got flown ahead of us and met us at the hotel.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: But yeah, like his first night in I think it was, he wrestled Xpot and he hit him with a clothesline.
Speaker 2: That towards bicep. Yeah, yeah, his arm was all purple.
Speaker 4: And and so for the next couple of days he was complaining about the tour, but also you know, kind of using his arm as a reason, you know, to be able to and and I saw that happening, and I was supposed to wrestle him like in a few days, and I really wanted to. I want to have a singles match with him, you know, I thought, uh, and and I could tell it. You know, he was was doing like checking out, So I was like trying to motivate him on the on the house and I, dude, know when we when we wrestle on Friday or whatever it is, you know, we're gonna setch a good match. It was like he goes, now, I don't and I'm gonna, dude, forget about your arm. Man, I got you. And then the day came for you know, and I was still trying to tell him, Bro, I'm gonna work all around you and make you look like so good. It's gonna be the best match I ever had. Let's you know, let's do this. When we got to the arena on the day that we're supposed to wrestle each other, he went and talked to the office switched everything around. So he wrestled XPOC again. And my first match, Yeah, they went out there and x Pock didn't even know he was going to do this.
Speaker 2: They right off the bat.
Speaker 4: He just kicked in the stomach and mob power bomb and then he went home.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was bombed because I wanted to work with him.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Rob Jesus, you know, this is what the sound that that Sid makes when whenever he has any kind of injury, totally just looking at the injury, screaming at the injury, exactly, screaming like nobody wants to help him in that kind of situation, Like nobody wants to come near to somebody who's screaming that wildly, you know, like a wounded animal. I mean it's like, yeah, exactly, well, it's like, you know, it's a Yeah, it's a wounded animal. It's it's a it's a it's a rabbit animal. You know, it's like a funk.
Speaker 6: I don't want to It's an animal that does know the difference between someone trying to approach to help and someone trying to approach to make you hurt.
Speaker 2: Worse right, and you know what, he doesn't care. That's correct, That's it.
Speaker 6: It's so funny that Arbady thinks like Sid can be lobbied to actually try. In two thousand and nine, he is gone, my friend, he is gone.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen the moment the moment you give him a check, right, all right? He is done? That is it? And Sid is done.
Speaker 6: And it's amazing. He's not just crushing the Jabronis who've been mentioning. I mean XPOC, you know, someone that he worked with in WWF and presumably he had a lot of respect for it, just as much tenure in this business and respecting this business as he did. Nope, he's going down to in seconds and he's getting on a plane. I just love it so much that he did that. He goes back to the aforementioned RpW promotion in Illinois in the fall of twenty ten and works another six man tag team Matchup twenty eleven, he goes over to Powerhouse Wrestling and Outfit in Auburn, Massachusetts actually and does a couple of shots. He does one of the Elks Lodge and Queens for p WS and April twenty seven eleven, where he defeated Eddie Kingston. The future a W Starr was able to share the ring with Sid at one point in time.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, if you go into a lodge, that's that's where the money's at. I agree, you know, I, I you know, I always whenever you say a lodge or something like that. I always think at the time I went to the Lions Club to see a Wrestling OH match and it was like a cancel because of snow. But there were like three rows of chairs, you know, around the ring. Three rows. That's it. I would have loved to have experienced that.
Speaker 6: That's where people who really love the business go out and give it. They're all yeah, and Sid certainly fit that description. But you know, it's time for the law to catch up with Sid because we've been talking about how hard he blows cushy, how high he stays and you better recall. And by now folks have been hearing the many episodes and installments of the Unwrappening the twenty twenty four TLF Christmas Show, we'll have already gotten into the episode if they've been keeping up where We opened the gift from our pal John in the UK who got us a twenty twenty five TLF wall calendar. Oh my god, desk calendar, and every month is a different mug shot of a wrestling luminary who's been arrested. And we were quite surprised, as steeped as we were at the time, Boss and Sid History to find a sid mugshot among the twelve. When did Sid get arrested?
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 6: It happened in January of twenty and eleven. Wow Associated Press Dateline. Memphis wrestler Psycho Sid Udy is free on bail after being arrested in Memphis on a marijuana possession charge. Police say they pulled the fifty year old ut over Friday for not wearing a seat belt. Excuse me, sir, license and registration?
Speaker 2: Please? Why you ask it for stuff? All right?
Speaker 6: Call for backup. I mean, of all the things to come back at an officer with, why are you asking for stuff? I mean, this guy's clearly already fucked.
Speaker 12: Up, sir.
Speaker 6: We need to see some some form of identification to get a sense of whether you're a danger on the road.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I want you to the cop says. Okay. By the way, now I want you to look me in the eye because I want to tell you something is real simple. What you're doing right now it's bogus, the most bogus that you've ever pulled off. Now, I want to know, sir, how do you know me?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 2: Have we run into each other before? I want to know something.
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 2: Because go ahead, sir, you pull me over. Because I'm not a big movie star like Hulk Hogan, the Great Immortal One himself. This is because I'm a newcomer. I want to tell you something right now. You couldn't arrest me on your best day. Oh really, as he fondles the handcuffs on his waist, And I couldn't arrest myself on my worst.
Speaker 6: He would say something close to that inadvertently. Of course, he'd mean something very loge right, he would, but that's how it would come out. Marijuana possession charge. Police say they pulled the fifty year old duty over Friday for not wearing a seat belt. Wmc TV in Memphis reports an officer saw a bag containing eighteen grams of marijuana on an arm rest in the car.
Speaker 2: Oh god, mister Udy.
Speaker 6: Is it okay? Looking at your license here? Arkansas? Huh West Memphis, right over the river.
Speaker 2: And got a problem with that? Not at all? No, just well you asking questions Marion? Do you live in Marion?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Now I want to tell you something again. Now I'm rotten. Now delivering food to the poor looks like you're delivering a lot more than me. Looks like you're delivering a lot more than food. Shut it, you shut up. Oh shit, I'm delivering one hundred and fifty cans of Vienna sausages. Excuse feedrol, excuse me.
Speaker 6: Suspect says he's delivering one hundred and fifty cans of Vienna sausages. Back up to root seventy five. Please, well, I can confirm dispatch looking in this trunk. There do appear to be many cans of Vienna sausages in this trunk. So that isn't a euphemism for drugs.
Speaker 2: I gonna tell you something else.
Speaker 10: I'm giving bowl water.
Speaker 2: Sir. Just please stay on your knees on the shoulder, please, just please. I can't get on my knee, so usually stand off. I broke my leg. Tell you what off, Tell you what he tells him. Tell you what officer he started. He suddenly realizes he's fucked. Tell you what. This is all a big misunderstanding. How about this? How about I give you you Let me go. I'm gonna say you autograph picture. I'll send you one, so the office. So the officer lets him go, and then six weeks later he goes down to the mailbox and he's leafing through envelopes. In one is an autograph picture. But you know what, you know it too. It's like it's it's not even like one of his one of his promo shots, like a selfie that he took that he printed up on his computer. Yeah, it's like up like up his nose like and again it's on like it's on like regular paper. It's not even on like photo paper. It's on printer paper. He never told his wife about the arrest. He's like banging on the bed because it's locked. She's like, Sid, what are you doing in there? He's taking the picture. Shut up, you better not be smoking again. I'm gonna tell you something right now, woman, And it's real simple. Yeah, I thought, I'm not obligated to tell you anything. I won't do what I want. I'll do it to oh shit, and I will do and I will autograph this picture. I will tell you that I'll sometimes have to autograph pictures. Yeah, this would be a have Do I agree with that characterization?
Speaker 6: Yeah, eighteen grams of marijuana on the arm rest in the car. He also faced charges of driving without a license. Well, that will come into play later. He was released on one thousand dollars bond. Beauty of Marion was known as Sid Vicious in World Championship Wrestling and a Sid Justice and Psycho Said and the World Wrestling Federation. A message left Sunday from Memphis Police was not immediately returned. A call to listing for Sidney Uti and Marion was not answered. Well, we can believe this story because sid was never shy about talking about his oh boy affection for that stinky green and here he is on his own podcast talking about it.
Speaker 14: Everyone knows there's not a bigger pot smoker than myself. I like the idea that we have this, and I'm a I've got everyone knows there's not a bigger pot smoker than myself. I like the idea that we have this, and I'm a I've got my marijuana card, marijuana car here for Arkansas. I think you had better marijuana when it wasn't legalized. They're just running cheap streath through the thing right now. But I think that has to be legalized. There's just so so many upsides to it. I talked to a couple of people in the last couple of months now that I know are going through really really serious pain management programs that are really backing off their pain management because of the marijuana and the CBD all stuff like that. So we've got to get that legalized.
Speaker 2: We can't.
Speaker 14: I hope that anyone Republican or Democrat didn't take a stance on something that just you're taking a stance just because that's where your party believes. When you really know it's it's it's it could really help people. Yeah, and help the help so many of the tax but so much and they pay so much in tax you know, they.
Speaker 2: Do pay so much in taxes.
Speaker 6: And just know that, you know, if you're in a state going forward that legalizes recreational marijuana use, or if you're in a state that embraces it, or if ever the day comes boss where you know, the federal law changes to decriminalize marijuana, the day will come. And when that day comes, I want you to think of sid Okay.
Speaker 2: We'll do. And that's that. That's the legacy.
Speaker 6: He leaves behind driving without a license with eighteen grams of marijuana and plain sight. But the end is those are hidden under lock and key.
Speaker 2: Damn right. I couldn't find those if you try.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: I mentioned that the missing license thing. I highlighted that for a reason, we are now entering the point in Sid's life where it becomes essentially a meme that he misses shows, oh boy, and miss his shots for indie promoters. And these indie promoters are a little more savvy than the ones he may have tried to get one over on a decade ago, in that they know how to use social media to broadcast to people like, this is the game he's playing, this is the promises he.
Speaker 2: Made, you know, here's the proof.
Speaker 6: Here are the receipts, as they say, and this is what he said he would do, and this is what we ascertained he actually went ahead and did. And then these are the excuses he made when he didn't show up. And then patterns start to emerge across different promoters as they talk about dealing with Sid. This could be for autograph signings or wrestling matches or appearances, they're all sort of the same. And he is always citing a license thing. It's either he lost his wallet and therefore can't get on the plane, yeah, or can't you know, can't drive, or he doesn't have a license, so he they don't let him get on the plane because he doesn't have a license, or the or the license he does have. This is a good one, we'll get there. Doesn't comport with the new real ID laws, you know that don't allow necessarily a state driver's license without a passport to get on a plane. I don't know where my passport is, of course you don't. You kne where it was when you hit France a couple of years ago. But and just the missing wallet, and this, the idea of the wallet becomes central. You know how he always was so descriptive and schewting interviews about like the exact circumstances of receiving a phone call. He was very He remembered walking in the door, he remembered who answered the phone instead of him and passed him the phone. He's very much a magician when it comes to manipulating phone calls. He strategically misses right or coming up with all these for some reason, introducing all this detail about how the phone call was placed. He called, you know, he called my cousin's auto body shop, or he called me when I was just coming in the door. He's always coming in and out of the door. Sid He's always in out of the door and it's you know, we enter this modern age where promoters are comfortable going public when wrestlers screwed them over, and they have a platform if you have Facebook or whatever the case may be, to disseminate those details, and the wrestling news sites will write that up all day.
Speaker 2: And this is.
Speaker 6: Where sid his reputation for playing all these games crystallizes, and the whole house of cards falls apart. Like if you believe he got screwed once, you're like, oh, wait, he's actually he's actually claimed to have been screwed that way ten thousand times, right, Or this one promoter got in his bad side and he screwed him in no weight. There are ten thousand promoters he never once dealt with, beyond it one no show that feel the same way about him. And so this becomes fairly or unfairly, I would are you fairly? I mean he certainly I think did it enough to establish a pattern part of his tail reputation in the business towards the end of his productive years. Twelve. This is an article that was published on Wrestle's Zone. It's not so much an article as it was an email response from an independent promoter for the company pro wrestling syndicate named Eric, who emailed the website kind of an explanation of what it was like, because you know what, Eric went ahead and did. Eric hit the ring when Sid no showed his show, and he cut a scathing promo and Sid for no showing, because you know, you got to if you can't deliver the people, you don't want him ask a refund. So you go out there and try to turn the crowd on the person, right right, that's what you do.
Speaker 2: You know he does.
Speaker 6: He goes in the ring and gives the whole audience Sid's personal phone number.
Speaker 2: So they, oh my god, so they can blow him up with complaints for no showing.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, that I believe Sid had had a whacky call forwarding mechanism where it was like, is it really his number? People didn't even know, mister, I don't have a computer, had like Google voice, you know, of course. And here's the email that that any promoter wrote to a wrestler's on that gives us a real uh, a real flavor.
Speaker 2: Boss.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna turn it over to you get your best, get your best indie voice on. And these are the things that they start to.
Speaker 2: So good oh my god.
Speaker 6: Hold on, uh, these are the things that start to get disseminated and things that start to get to be known about about Sid's dealings. This is from the promoter Eric, who went by Eric.
Speaker 2: Tap out.
Speaker 6: Okay, because he's comfortable with you knowing his name exactly, and go right to head boss. What did the email read?
Speaker 2: Hold on here? What is it? The Wait a minute, which one is the proto? Chris?
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, something else came into the bottom. Okay, hold on a lot here? Now where's this guy from? Who's this guy? He's the promoter of a wrestling outfit called Pro Wrestling Syndicate. Hey, Chris, thanks for the email. I enjoyed your your editorial, and do not fault you in any way, shape or form for not having the full story. See, you were simply going by what you were told from a wrestler whom should be a valid, reliable source. The way we handled the SID no show was definitely a controversial move. Some will side with it, and of course, likewise, some will we vocal against. Please understand that this is our third miserable experience third with SID. Third third miserable experience with SID, which is what really pushes over the.
Speaker 6: Top, also known by the way Boss is a big misunderstanding.
Speaker 2: SID has burned us three times now. First time we had Sid booked was for May twenty eleven, said just to sign autographs at the Queen's Elks Lodge for ninety minutes before the show and wrestle against Eddie Kingston that night. Said it was paid in full. When he arrived, he was in private room with Nick Foley and Velvet Sky for autographs with a lot of two hundred plus. After legit fifteen minutes had got up, walked awayside and I don't feel like doing this anymore, going to the back. I don't feel like doing this anymore. You know what, I don't feel like doing this no more. Shut up. No one had said anything. He's just like I know you're about to say something before you say it. It's again this imagine. It's like, you know, he's sitting at a table. See I also picture I also picture the signing room like in the wrestler Oh always the ten, you know, and so he just like a you get a pale fluorescent light scheme all right overhead, pale fluorescent light scheme, and he's he's wearing a red plaid shirt tucked into his jeans baseball hat, puts his hand on the table, stands up. I'll feel like doing this no more, and everyone's like looking at him. Okay, shut I don't want no back talk, I said versus Eddie Kingston was a major letdown, and that not that anyone was expecting a five star match. However, the crowd quickly turned on and said within thirty seconds. The video of the full match can be seen here. After the match, said came to the back and said, Eric, I should have listened to you. I've been doing this a long time when I was wrong. We'll do better next time. Okay, not a problem. You fans were upset by not being able to get Sid's autograph with a sold out Elks Queen's Elk's Lodge event. He said something about no one bringing Vienna's. I don't know what the hell that's about, not probably the email. Therefore we tried. We decided to try it again with Sud to meet the demands of our fans. Sud was booked to compete for p WS on August twenty, twenty eleven in Ronk and Koma from Konkoma, New York. We also got SID bookings to do two hour autograph session and signings at two stories during the weekend. SID flight was not booked until two weeks before the PWS show because SID reference he did not know when he'd be returning from Africa with Kevin Sullivan. Since stated the Sullivan wanted him and wanted him in an Africa tour and did not know whether Sullivan will be flying SID directly in New York for US or back home. Sud never went to Africa. Now, I don't know. Here's the thing, I don't know where I'm going to be on with Africa US too much?
Speaker 6: Does A guy who always said I never wanted to travel, I don't want to leave the country. It's go to Africa in twenty eleven.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh god, you know. One week before August twenty shows, said contact PWS saying he needed us to fly in his girlfriend as well just keep people happy. We agreed. A day later, she contact us again and said not to fly and his girlfriend. But since we agreed to it, to just give him the money for the flying. I don't get the problem. I don't know why it is such a bad reputation again again keep fans happy. We sucked it up and agreed two days later said contract to PWS again to go over that tenery for the weekend. At this point he said he would only do one of the two store appearances, not both, but one of the same payday as if he was doing everything in addition to the prices of his girlfriend's flying and both store appearances were heavily advertised at Dan Sherman store in Staten Island and at Royal Collectibles and Queens. Yeah, I forgot to say.
Speaker 6: Pro wrestling seem to get a as a New York promotion, I know, but I guess this guy's an Athens, Georgia.
Speaker 2: You know, listen, everyone's fine, you know, it's it's a melting pot, it's a it's a you know, it's you know, this New York. The people from everywhere, you know.
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine a new you know, outside of Paul Hayman real New York are doing a wrestling promotion. It was pulled from Dan Van Sherman store again with a focus. So just let's just do whatever it takes to get Sid to PWS to ps of fans to then phone back to say that he would not do the full ninety sign the PWS. At that point, PWS explained that he agreed to do that and that's the major reason he was bringing brought in. They claimed he never agreed to do ninety minutes, but claimed he agreed to do thirty minutes. PWS refer to the details that we're in the email to sit and explain his entire itinerary in full, as well as a PWS advertise a ninety minus to meet and greed featuring Sid and others for the past several weeks. Sid said, Yeah, you know, I think we have some red flags here. You'd say that again, Sid, fucking Christ, He's fucking brilliant and this one PWS and Sid agreed that he'd be best if he stayed home. Was PWS announced. Immediately PWS ran with Dan mav versus Harry Smith Smith's post w W first post w match his said and came out of pocket. Given the first three hundred fans and ten it's a free PWS DVD to make up for Sid not being there. It's by us again. Fans were upset that Sid wasn't there. After all that, once again with PAS our fans, we decided to try one final time with Sid. Said agreed wrestle Matt Hardy on March twelve. March ninth, twenty twelve at the Rahway Center Railway rec Center. Condition Is signed autographs for two hours before we decided to keep Sid's booking short and simple. I had no store appearances or convention appearances while he was in town. PWS was approached by Kfab Commentary about their desire to do a shoot interview with Sid. After the PWS show, Sid accepted their offer. PWS was in contact with Sid on a weekly basis, making sure the specifics of his book and were fresh on his mind. Sid was very polite, courteous, respectful, and genuinely seemed like he was excited for the event, eager to wrestle Matt Hardy. We had zero reason to believe Sid would believe Sid would nothing, but was nothing but a pleasure to work with. Based on these conversations, PWS spoke to Sit at nine to forty five in March eighth. Sid knew he had to catch a flight with six ams in the LaGuardia with a transfer Chicago O'Hare, and knew that a gentleman driving a black Homer would would be picking up at the gate. SID was to land at one pm in New York. At ten forty five am on Friday, March nine, PBS received a phone call from Sid which one as follows, Man, I'm not gonna make it. We had an awkward pause waiting from to say, Hey, just kidding, what's wrong you okay? Man? Thing is I went into a Dead Boy soda and someone stole my wallet. There we go there it is. That's it written in there, you know the damn it's written in there. It is it isn't there. That's true. Yeah, it's in there. I wasn't doing that. That is actually in there in all caps. Damn it. He went in to buy a soda full grown, man, I want to do it by soda, and someone stole my walk like its gonna fucking steal his water. Like even though even though he's fucking even though I know he's basically a cripple, he's still fucking what six ' ten whatever he is, Like, no one's gonna touch this fucking monster, all right, He's he's still a very you know, he feels aggressive. Right again, if you're looking at pickpock, doing nothing makes you feel uncomfortable with this. You just said that. I mean, if you're gonna pickpocket someone, if you leave the house to pickpocket someone, you're gonna skip SID. Okay, yeah right, exactly. Wow, that's really horrible. Where are you now? I'm home now, I got a wasted day. Call and cancel my credit cards. Uh is there any way possible we can book you on a later flight and get you in New Jersey tonight? They stole my idea, I can't you know. I'll talk to you and call. Oh it's a good one, man, I gotta get into him. That's a good one. I lost my wallet in El Segundo exactly like a fucking oh god. Well no, someone stole my wallet off the counter. I guess yeah. PW has tried diligently replaced Sid. We immediately began rapid firing calls. Ken Anderson was contacted, but he was in Kentucky for a TNA house show. John Morrison was contact, was unable to do PWSD to a private sign in NYC. TNA's Bob Ryder was contact. Nobody available. Ess Promotions, Eric Sims, Same Deal, Kevin Steen, Jy Briscoe, Homicide MVP all received calls as well. We were willing to make take on multiple names to replace SID. Besides, the best move we could have we could make was Jay Lethal Balls, Maahone, Martin Jenny All wrestling on the event. We had little time and not a lot of options. The Pro Wrestling syndic At Supercard twenty twelve event open with Pat Buck in the ring explaining exactly what happened with Sid. Sid's phone was called from the ring and it went to voicemail while fans chanted their thoughts on side. The phone number was quickly read. Because we did not want anyone to think we were pulling a stunt by false advertising SID. It would have been very simple for anyone to turn around and say, yeah, that's right. They probably called Domino's Pietz and I said, Vicious right, you know what, give that away? When they answered and said Dominos right, you know, I mean, if you're gonna put it on speaker, you don't actually need to give away the phone number. You can just wait for the voicemail or someone to pick up. But you know, after all we have been through, was said, we wanted to extinguish any shadow of a doubt in anyone's mind about the situation right, PW has offered a refund anyone in attendance, and nobody accepted. During an admission of the show, Pat Buck and myself encountered three fans of the lobby area that were on the concession stand line and there were verbally upset about sid not being on the show. They said they felt cheated, and Pat Bucking myself asked them how much they paid for their tickets. Wouldn't I mean, wouldn't you know how much the tickets were? It's your show? Well, since you're asking two thousand dollars, well, we were told twenty dollars each. With sixty dollars cash in hand, we offer them full refund, saying you know you've just seen half a show of good wrestling for free. Curious, you're sixty dollars back and they decline. PWS, I'll hold you over right until the bank reopens. I'll tell and we give you sixty dollars. I'll hold you over to the bank. H I'll take two hundred dollars. Nold on, Hold Hold a minute, Hold a minute. You understand your money's not here. Not this thing all wrong, it's wrong. Your money's not here. Your money's in a OL's house. Your money's in Sid's house, in this house here in the building tonight. That's right. Your money's in the house that drew and the hols of seven gables and pws. But does believe in keeping things professional. We would never give out personal information on anyone unless there was an extreme circumstance like this, like this, and we just we've viewed the situation with Sid as just as being just that an extreme circumstance. For instance, zem Zema i On legit had car problems driving from Westerrginia, New Jersey in March ninth. We know Zimma was being honest them. I On is one of the nicest and most humble wrestlers we've ever had on the pleasure pleasure working with. What's your problem? You're I don't know who the zema Ion is, but clearly not from the generation that sids from right exactly right. That's your That's your biggest fucking blunder is that you're taking the word to somebody who who you know, this whole death, whole generation of wrestler. You cannot take their word. In case the m i On it was unfortunate. He couldn't be there in March nine for PWS, but its said he was at the p w SHO on May fourth. Have the same venuine raulway, simple, no problem, easy breezy. Once again, we apologize that Sid was not a PWS in March ninth, Think Wressell a Hardy. We tried, guys, it really did multiple times. Ball's Mahony versus Mark Jenny was added so fans because still experience a match that has never happened before, because that's when everyone fucking wanted, right, Yeah, everyone was really excited about that. That's what That's the one We've all been fucking clamoring for. Ball's Mahony versus Marty Jeannetti. I can't believe they showed up either. Yeah, right, he's Marty. You know I like this, you know I matched that has never happened before, and like it will never happen again. You get that right? Yeah? Jay Jay Lethal was added wrestling Matt Hardy, which ended up being a stellar bout and which saw Lethal enter to Sid's music, doing a spot on Sid impersonation, including his own rendition of the infamous I have half the brain that you do promo.
Speaker 6: If anyone can find it. I really appreciate it's a dead YouTube link. Now, a lot of this stuff was blasted out at the time and has since been taken down. Probably Sid, Sid's lawyer gun on the phone. But yeah, right, I'd love to see Jay.
Speaker 2: Lethal's uh, you know, chip Onto sh Older ciinimitation God. Yes, that would be absolutely amazing. After all this perhaps the most complexing thing the t pws that fans have to contacted us asking will Sid be at the next show? Right, Hurts.
Speaker 6: It comes down to that, And that's a great note there from from the promoter, Like we went through all this, We're the company that gave out Sid's cell phone number and called him in the ring when he know showed And what's the What's the thing people ask most about after all this went down? So is he going to come to the next show?
Speaker 2: When should come on the next show? What's wrong with these wrestling gus man? Like, you know this thing? I don't listen, I get it. You know, the fucking business is a fucking business, you know. So I'm not going to tell you. You know, I don't take a reform when I still watch him fucking wrestling in the ring, you know, but when Sid come back, he said, huhm h, I just I have no I have no I don't answer for you, sir at this time. I'm not I'm not obliged to say. I'm not at liberty to say. And I don't know. I don't know. I'mbarrassed. What do you mean you don't know, sir? I don't. I don't. I don't know. He's not going to be here. She's gonna fucking be I mean, I came here to see fucking Sid, Sir. He wasn't advertised to be here today. We haven't. We haven't been in contact with him since, right, We've made the decision to break off. What do you mean you you just cut him off and you're gonna let us fans? Fucking what's your problem? I haven't seen him in years. I a huge fan of his. I'm a big fucking Sid fan. I was at the garden when he won the belt. I was there. I was the fucking you know, So what are you doing? I want to shake man's hand. I have ship from auto graph and selling me. Why are you fucking with me? Right exactly? Why are you fucking with me by not reaching back out to Sid? After he know showed sure, I'm not well, hold on, he said, why are you fucking with me? Me? I sure, I'm sure, you sure, I'm not fucking with you. I'm not all right. I just you know, we've been we've been burned by said, you know, I don't want to burn you ship here we go. I want to fucking burn your whole place down. How about that, sir? Please don't do that. Six hours later, the fan gets back to his house. How to go? Did you tell him? Did you tell him not to burn the place down? Sid work in an angle he found out about what they said about him. Yeah, yeah, I told him that, dad, Frank, Frank, you did a good job. Maybe proud for once, for instant If you made me proud on the way home, that's more important. More importantly, did you delivered the Vienna's the Saint Patrick's? No got it? He says no.
Speaker 6: He doesn't even say oh I forgot, or doesn't said what are you talking about? He goes, no, I wonder he's so frustrated as this kid Saint Patrick's Cathedral in New York City. You mean he's gonna leave like sixteen boxes of Vienna's on the front stoop of Saint Patrick's said, they don't all have pop top events.
Speaker 2: I was gonna give Bishop an autograph picture walking around trying to hawk autograph pictures in Midtown. You understand, I got so many fucking pictures. It has to be over in New York. First down, New York. I think you understand what New York means to me. I'm sorry, dad, we stopped speaking with a stupid fucking accident from New York. Stop being a bitch. Did you do it?
Speaker 6: Did you go up to the promoter and say, why are you fucking with me? His sid wants to know if he's gonna get booked again so we could do it again, So we.
Speaker 2: Can do it again. This guy keep this game going on. I don't know, Erica, you have to fly my girlfriend over and all right, fine, I don't know. He keeps going. I'm gonna say, here's the thing. Now, I lost my wallet stolen. That's what happened. I was going in Delhi. I was getting a package of bubble gum. Oh, I'm sorry, man, I don't know what happened. I got my package of bubble cow and okay, and how to go from there? Said? Tell me the exact story about how you lost your wallet. I really want to lose like a stolen God comp me with a gun behind my head, Oh, he said Sid, He said, Sid, give me your fucking wallet. He knew you by name. Huh And what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god, gun back my head.
Speaker 6: So if this happens, said, I'd imagine if I called Memphis police, they would confirm it.
Speaker 2: Right, you can call anybody you want, they'll confirm me. Ha ha ha.
Speaker 6: And at the end he goes, so, just just so we are on the same page, Eric, who are you gonna call? And like before he calls him, Sid calls him, you'd listen to me right now.
Speaker 2: They listen to me right now. I want you to understand something you make that call, bad things gonna happen.
Speaker 6: You can call anybody you want and they'll confirm it. But I'll tell you one thing. If you make those calls, bad things are gonna happen. So okay, let's go back to the story. Then said, I won't call anybody. I'll take your word for it. I mean, you've been missed an upfront with us. So a guy just walked up this mus have been horrifying. You guys walked up to you and what stuck a gun in your back or something?
Speaker 2: Going to tell you were struck a gun. That's called Franklin on your business. What happened was he struck a gun and he said, sid, I'm taking your wallet. It is so funny that he refuses to specify where the gun was, like like, that's like that's something to withhold. There's any reason whatsoever to make that the the withheld detail, like and there's no way you know, and it's like nothing, you know, you can say whatever he wanted to exactly. That's what I mean. It's all he gets a risk to tell the truth about that. It's okay.
Speaker 6: And then what happened He put the gun and then you just gave him your wallet.
Speaker 2: He put the gun because he say he's gonna shoot me.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you, but I don't know if you've ever been threatened not that before, but I have. And I got a broken leg and I don't have what I had when I was younger because my leg snapped in half. And so I said, he knew what I didn't want. There are other people in the deli, people eating food. I said, I'm looking. I'm not going to risk the safety of others. And they're all looking. They all saw the gun in my back right? Oh true? Oh what was your back? Okay, behind me? Thanks for confirming that I was wondering. They said, I didn't say my back, Yes you did, I said in back of me. Oh you said in your back in my back of me? Oh okay, Sorry, I must have been heard somehow. I always find myself doing that when I'm on the phone with you. And then what you don't understand, and what you don't know is that there were three others. Oh okay, so this is is more to this than I thought. What happens? Then you had three people guns aiming everywhere different parts of my body. They repelled from the ceiling like the cops and Christmas vacation when he and suddenly the whole the whole day was surrounded by guns. And so I was forced be on a shadow of doubt, hand over my wallet on my identification, and now I have to spend the next day casting credit cards and castling my library card. Yeah, I guess God fed the thieves take out a fucking you know Pardi Boys novel. I'd say, I'm want to you right now, I'm gonna tell you something real simple. I'm not gonna be paying fines for someone else taking the library cards. That's my name exactly.
Speaker 6: That's how he's been victimized by that before. It's not gonna happen again, he said. He said, taking library cards out.
Speaker 2: With my name not book.
Speaker 6: Said, Oh, well, you know, Sid, I'm glad we talked it out because at the end of the day, I'm frustrated that you're not here. But it sounds like you did the honorable thing.
Speaker 2: You fuck with me, great response, he sniffs. He sniffs an opportunity to turn it around, because right because if he takes this chance to make it like like he's like he's been offended, then like he he can just talk his way around any further inquiry about, you know, the betrayal. That's tremendous stuff. He would totally do that. I'm insulted. At the end of the day, I'm insulted, and I'm wondering why he's doing this to me. Why do I have to get in all this detail with you? What entitles you to this level of details? If I prove my ID, have I not been thrown enough. Have I not? Have I not just give you my word every time? Do is my word mean nothing? What is it about you? Oh mm hmm? What it's about you? In trust? Yeah? I'm a good Christian. I'm a good Christian man. I do things the way God intended. And what a God intend for you? Right, I'm more importantly what a God intend for me to do? You you want me come New York? If you want me to come here, I'll do that right now, and I will break things. Send me your address, send me your address, send where you live. I'll fuck you up.
Speaker 6: Oh ship, He's not he's he's not even like being, you know, ephimistic about it anymore. He's just saying he's gonna fuck you up. Call the cops, go ahead, do it.
Speaker 2: You want to call police on me, fine, I won't.
Speaker 6: Show up right and I'll tell him I was just a gunpoint and two hours ago, and this guy's give me a hard time.
Speaker 2: I want to say this. I told this guy exactly what happened. I told him now. I was a gunpoint by.
Speaker 6: Eighty men, and I saved all those lives in that deli, And now you're coming around trying.
Speaker 2: To I'm a Goddamn, he wrote, this guy's giving me a hard time.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know what kind of stress this man's ever been under, but I doubt I doubt he's ever had a gun. Let a litone eighty guns aimed at it, at various parts of his body. Eighty start counting one, two and get to eighty, and then so many guns there are. I mean, like your entire body would be covered with like fifteen, you know, let alone eighty. Just and all those people bring all that firepowers, they could dig one guy's wallet exactly because they know exactly who wa it was. They knew then he knows sids wallet, and they knew that Sid's wallet rules the world. And before I got hit in the head with a shot, I handed it over and I wouldn't going to let my head be hit with a shot.
Speaker 6: You heard in that story and that email from the promoter, that part of the gig was that Sid was to do a taping for k Fabe Commentaries. He has never done a shoot interview for that outfit. He's done some, as we mentioned for our video and Hannibal and Sean Oliver, of course, was the proprietor and creator of k fape commentaries these days co hosts Kevin Nash's podcast, and he did a book which is actually a pretty terrific little book about putting together a shoot interview, a wrestling shoot, interview, business, DVD mail order business.
Speaker 2: It's amazing and how.
Speaker 6: Many, uh, how many wild and crazy stories you have trying to corral these carnies.
Speaker 2: For sure, I can imagine, Oh my.
Speaker 6: God, and that it's called k fabe stories you're not supposed to hear from a pro wrestling production cony owner. And he talks about this moment with Sid. We also, I'm not going to do this accent. I could try it. We also had an episode of Breaking Kfabe Ready to Go for Sid Vicious If you remember, that series focuses on the people behind the wrestling personas a large part of Sid's show was written to focus on the pervasive notion that Sid was problematic to hire. From a talent standpoint, Sid was a test tube pro wrestler. He had the perfect look. He was huge, chiseled monster. His promos, while sometimes clumsy, were loaded with intensity. According to the Checklist, Sid should have been one of the biggest stars ever and should have worked far longer than he did. Sid's great look and intensity aside, he began to be seen as unreliable. He reportedly no showed gigs. He has lost dates during softball season due to his passion for the sport. When the hell is? When the hell is softball season? Great question? It's a good question.
Speaker 2: Sid had done to shoot. This is a great question.
Speaker 6: Sid had done to shoot interview with another company before, but outside some podcasts, not appeared on a shoot program in some time. We thought this would be a good get for us, but talking about the upcoming booking was always accompanied by a disclaimer about the great possibility that this wouldn't happen. I'm always one to give someone the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 2: Now I want to tell you some right now. The one thing I can promise you is that this may not happen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is a promise it is prepared to make, can confirm. So through the frivolity, we pressed on and were ready to go. The suite was booked, contractors hired, show written, and my soup pressed and in the garment bag. Around eleven am on the day we were to shoot, I got a text from another shoot producer letting me know as a courtesy that he heard Sid was not on the plane.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: I immediately texted the promoter through whom we booked Sid. He said he didn't have details yet, he'd get back to me. Well, that's sure, a shit didn't sound like Sid's on the flight, and we'll be here in a couple of hours. I waited impatiently for the promoter who had Sid advertised to headline two days of shows for his company to call with news. He got back to me with the inevitable and an explanation from Sid. Mister Vicious would not be boarding a flight that day.
Speaker 2: He did not be. That's right, and damn right.
Speaker 6: Seems he lost his wallet at the airport and wouldn't be able to fly. I was because this this was lost.
Speaker 2: At the airport. God loss at the airport.
Speaker 6: That one's coming to, not that morning, not two hours from then, and I guess not at all. He had to get right to work finding the wallet and straightening up the ramifications of its loss. Our loss was negligible. We didn't pay anything. I canceled the suite, told our contractors there was no payday that weekend, and scratched the show from the release calendar. No Loss really just no.
Speaker 1: Sid a laptand wrestling podcast, the wrestling podcast that knows the boys need their candy. It's the Lapsed Fan. He's the Lapsed Fan Wrestling podcast with Jack N. Carn Seo, MJP Soro.
Speaker 6: Wow, so I think we have our working title No Loss really just knows it And now no No maybe he started to get all shady about these indie shots because WWE was actually suddenly like actually entertaining, bringing him in for the first time after all these years as part of the Raw one thousand festivities we've been talking about. I'm going to provide you boss with a link and anybody out there in the Solar system can find the same file this on YouTube. There's a couple of versions of this. One is clearly transferred over from the actual broadcast. It's not the WWE YouTube account one, which is you know, much better quality. However, that cuts out a lot of important things sure from the segment. So this is going to kind of set the table of how ww was bringing any guys of Sid's vintage around this time to commemorate Raw one thousand and using Heath Slater as kind of the mouthpiece that would talk it up and then get beat down, And here it is, after all those years, and after it seems such a such a dead issue with the injury and everything. Sid returns to the WW spotlight one more time. The video is Heath's Slater versus Psycho. Sid return in parenthesis and Boss, when you have it up, let me know.
Speaker 2: I'm ready. All right, let's let it roll in three to one play.
Speaker 3: Cooperstars for the past are maybe their return two weeks ago? Who would ever forget the appearance by the well, the mask on No, it is.
Speaker 2: Vader, Look at Vader, look at him by the door going up with a nag Vander Ball. And then last week it was the Sad Sack Foley. It calls sad Sack. Yeah, they got called to call him sad Sack. And then he called Roddy Piper decrepit.
Speaker 16: Hor Everybody love seeing the hot Rod back in action.
Speaker 3: Probably not another superstar who we're told man Veal Ganda battle.
Speaker 6: A superstar who hasn't been on Raw in fifteen years. As we go to break, we Come Back.
Speaker 17: Contest features a former Raw main eventnor It's the Honor The one thousand episode of Monday Night Raw, July twenty third, please welcome former two times.
Speaker 2: I love this guy. What do you love about this guy who's the one man of rock Bad. He's like, oh god, the guy, the guy that seems to.
Speaker 3: Think that all our horler raw Man should be put out.
Speaker 2: The fast and stated what a goof not like the great saying boys instrument, crowd's going nuts.
Speaker 6: This was during Michael Cole's healed Yes, Yes, that's I keep saying. It's why he keeps degrading the legends and they always can hide behind you know him being it's just a heel.
Speaker 2: Say that Piper is a pitch exactly. Say you're seeing like a bird.
Speaker 8: Like a vulture.
Speaker 2: Cindy Lauper there, Yeah, Wendy Richter and Wendy Richter then brought back Wendy, you think all these all these former RAW appearance Yeah, Wendy meant so much to Raw, didn't.
Speaker 3: She said earlier he was pretty as a picture.
Speaker 2: So Cindy Lapper framed him an autograph picture one man, Ye, look at his hair? What Vader.
Speaker 12: I don't care your Roddy Piper thinks about me. Yeah, I am one of the top superstars on RAW. I am He's Slater.
Speaker 18: And ah rule the world.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, oh man, I said, ah, because I miss a music cue.
Speaker 11: Whoa wait just a minute, look at this.
Speaker 2: Describe what you see, please, Oh my god, Peter, it comes out. He's got jeans, he's wearing a vest, He's got knee pads over his jeans. He looks like an eighty year old man. He get into year old man. Let me like like that. Terry Funk looks younger than him. He used to call himself two times. I mean, his hair is a disaster, just fucking He thinks this is the start of a run, and oh, he definitely does. He thinks he's getting world titled by everyone's gonna agree to take a power bomb and all that. Basic Man promised to be a main event with Hulk Hogan wrestle Mania teen years later. Michael Cole will call that June nine, nineteen ninety seven. I think of July ninth. But you know what, they're still fucking going for him. Yep. I want you to focus on that too.
Speaker 3: It was part of a million dollar corporation. He won his first championship in the nineteen ninety six Survivor.
Speaker 2: Series Dye Jeans. Listen to those people, yep. One man shocking throws his open hand on on Heath Slater's throat and.
Speaker 6: Just standing around from West Memphis.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's kicking him. Was it his bad leg though?
Speaker 6: Who sets him on the top rope with a double goosele and slaps him.
Speaker 2: Jesus out of the apron. He's doing nothing, He's doing nothing. He lifts him up. Oh, the worst spinebuster in the history. Just move after move with no nothing in between. Oh, he misses the right hand. He goes to the bad psychology said false. He's down on all both knees. Oh, he's selling all right. He gets up, hells over with the clothesline, just takes his head off. It looks like an old farmer. He drops a leg.
Speaker 16: Get here, Psycho call spots Patten did release power bomb?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Michael Cole said, oh he did. Look he puts his hand on his chest. Oh, he definitely thinks he's getting a run. Psycho sick. Is this for deacent? Serious tuning? And that man is he looks absolutely spent rona celebrator?
Speaker 7: What time this episode?
Speaker 2: And he knocks on the one man rock Man eats lighter. Well he's a little older, but.
Speaker 15: He still Psycho.
Speaker 1: I hope he does come over here.
Speaker 2: Hey from Psycho to Beautiful Superstars, Psycho said, Psycho said, still.
Speaker 6: Psycho said, takes me all the way back to what great American Bash eighty nine? Yeah, just the sight of him, and they can't stop chanting his name even after all these years.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he looks like a guy.
Speaker 6: He looks like a guy who showed up to complain that his property tax bill is too high.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure. Absolutely, he does not look like a wrestler anymore. No, he is definitely.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He listen, he is upset because he his farm is losing money, right, all right, government overreach. Yeah, you know he's a guy that says that with a straight face. That's that's where he's at in life. And he and he and he, you know, he just he just looks like a guy who is now just a citizen, you.
Speaker 6: Know, exactly, and he's no longer special. And you know, he reflected favorably on the experience he was asked about on his podcast, and he said it was fun for what it was. He says, I think you know there was some indies and they.
Speaker 2: Told me I was going to get a run. I don't you know, I don't know exactly what happened, because they told me, you know, they said, Sidy, you come in here, you win the match. If you win the match, he would give you a possible run. I thought the phone was going to ring. I was waiting for the phone around. It's not a contract or.
Speaker 6: Sid again walking in the door, absolutely refusing to do anything but powerbomb one two three, exactly tremendous. Oh, she said, I enjoyed it a lot s later. It's a great guy to work with, and he made it a totally night totally a night off.
Speaker 2: Well he did. He did come back. He came back a wrong wrong one thousand. Oh. The show itself, okay, do you stand in the ring? I kind of remember this. He was reading it here. So on July twenty third, he he helped Lita take down Heath Slater, so a bunch of them all came out. It was yeah, Sid, and I'm looking at the picture now on Wikipedia. Sid Rakishi, Piper, DDP, Bob Beckland, Slaughter, Farouk, jbl Animal and Voder.
Speaker 6: It was like an ensemble. Yeah, I remember him being in an ensemble scene.
Speaker 2: Now that you say that, I mean he's looking at it he's like he just pissed off, and he's not. When you look at his face, he looks like a complete Oh he's just not even there. It's just a background character. It's not what he showed up for.
Speaker 6: He's got to be made a bentner, all right, sole focus can't even be in a tag team or stately. But yeah, I was just going through matches and that's not a match.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's right. So there he is.
Speaker 6: And you know they asked him once about, you know, what he thought about the reception he got in the back. He said, you know, it was a really good reception in the back. Everybody was real respectful. A couple of guys I knew, younger guys they were again said a few things. I won't say what, but just really nice to hear. I had a lot of respect for those guys as well.
Speaker 2: Why he won't say if it's nice to hear, what's wrong?
Speaker 19: What do you?
Speaker 6: I'm just I say that only to illustrate the classicness of Sid. Every time he puts his mouth, it's like, oh, okay, that was that was actually a pleasant experience and a pleasant response.
Speaker 2: All there it is.
Speaker 6: There's the twist at the end, where he was kind of aggrieved and somehow it insulted by the whole thing. But no, he says it was a good experience all around. One thing he did note, though, about the changes in the business and the company when he went back for this twenty twelve stint, if you want to call it, that was that he just couldn't survive in the way that everything was set up back then at that time period.
Speaker 13: I think the scriptive part.
Speaker 20: And I was a part of that anniversary show several years ago, and man, I'm telling you, everybody's there is unhappy.
Speaker 19: No.
Speaker 15: I remember he Slater, he had to do an interview. He woulted to change like one little word.
Speaker 20: And if he would have changed that one word, just phrased it a little bit, it would have been a better interview. But he was scared to do that because he would have got in trouble. Now, if I'd been in that spot and it being a live TV I would have changed it because I knew I would have got myself over a lot of times, like the wwe don't have things set up for you, we don't get over, And I think that's a big mistake.
Speaker 2: Let the people get over.
Speaker 15: That can get over.
Speaker 6: Oh, he would have just been Wow. He would have been such a peach to work with you. When Brian Wert's hands on a script or something, you know, it would have been just great. I can't imagine why they didn't call him. Maybe it was that perspective, or maybe it was this. Maybe it was in the shoot interview he first did with RF video shortly after leaving WWFN in nineteen ninety seven. This is early in nineteen ninety eight. He's doing this, and he's flirting with the idea of going to WCW and talking about playing both sides off of each other, and he would soften this story in future shoots and kind of anonymize who it was Boss that he pictured conquering when he got to the top of one of his famous bleacher runs as parker board workout. Let's take a listen to this, and then you tell me why after this underwhelming appearance in twenty twelve, maybe Sid's phone didn't ring with the two oh three area code.
Speaker 21: I wake up every morning morning Monday through Friday at four o'clock and at twoes to five, I'm working out my first workout. Then from there I take a shower, I go to my second workout and then I run bleachers at nine thirty when I top moth foot touches at the top of that bleacher. Every time, that's Vince in one of these days.
Speaker 19: The same thing about is I'll outlive Vince, and I'll outlive I will rustle longer than his ring too, so I'll have the last word.
Speaker 21: Either he worked for him again one day and he has to bow to me or give in to me, or I'll be working working for the other company just you know, should more fucking shit on me.
Speaker 2: Then's any response to that? Well, you know the thing about Sid is, you know he has been He's an exceptional talent. He certainly has had, you know, a lot of successes here in the w W. We're proud of all the accomplishment accomplishments that he's had. He's may have been in WrestleMania twice. He has provided significant uh entertainment factors regarding the legacy of Monday Night Raw and the history of the w B as a whole. And really, when it comes down to it, we see you know, Sid as as a legend as somebody who who who has who has provided us with years worth of of entertaining minutia and uh, and you know, when it comes down to it, he just can't cut the mustard.
Speaker 6: He said that he was going to outlive you, and that was the solace he told me. The thing about that is, you know, sid any update, any update on that front. Then as entertainer, you know said at his course, an entertainer, And what he does is he provides entertainment. Now, if we know something about entertainment, is that entertainment it's not real. Entertainment is something that is created to provide some sort of emotional response. So what he does is he entertains. He does not actually exist. So how can somebody who doesn't exist outlive? Vincetick man, I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what tell me what. I can guarantee you that I will put him in the grave before I even remotely begin to die.
Speaker 2: H What happened all that?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 6: All those kind words at the beginning, that that olive branch there, all those nice things you said.
Speaker 2: I don't recall saying nice things. I said facts.
Speaker 22: True.
Speaker 2: I didn't say anything that was embellished. I didn't say anything that was that was nice. I simply stated facts that he was an entertainer, but he worked for the w he had. He had monumental moments. We have things that we remember. I didn't say anything that that was nice. I dictated facts. How do you see? How do you How can you be so confident? I mean, you're a lot older than he is that you're not going to go to the grave first, because, like I said, I'll put him there if I have to. Nobody out lives into man. Nobody. Wow, he said.
Speaker 6: When he runs to the top of those bleachers at the high school and Marion or wherever and he steps on that top rung, he feels like he's stepping on you. Any response to that, Well, let's see him try to step on me for real, and again we'll see what happens. If I'm at the top of the bleachers and he comes to step on me, I'm gonna throw him off the bleachers.
Speaker 2: It's so basic.
Speaker 6: I'm yeah, I'm gonna throw him off the bleachers. It's like he just falls, like he gets hurt, but it's not like a not dramatical exactly. It's funny that it said hiring a hit man to take you out with a bullet to the temple. He hires someone to shove you down and you hurt your wrist, and that's it.
Speaker 2: I imagine Vince lying on the bleachers. You're lying there waiting for Sid to come up. Gohead, step on me, pill nobody such a tough guy. Step on me, Step on me.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you a question, Vince. Did he do the right thing by phrasing it that way?
Speaker 2: Did he do the right thing? I mean, let me ask you this is it'd ever done the right thing? Right now? You tell me that he has, I'll show you ways that he hasn't.
Speaker 6: He was holding out for a day like when, like he said, when you would have to come kiss his ass, you have to come beg him to get involved.
Speaker 2: No, I've never had to beg right, I never will beg I get pussy just by looking at a woman, all right. I see what I want and I get it. I don't beg for it. I don't need to, because I get what I want, and when I'm done wanting it, I throw it away. And I was done wanting Sid a long time ago. And it's not my fault that that's been the dominant narrative in his own mind ever since I let him go. It's funny how the people who you throw away always seem to think that we're going to need them again out of a boomerang effect, isn't it. Pal, I like to watch Sid Sometimes I will admit I've had cameras inserted into his house because I like to watch him. I like to see how he moves. So I to see how he wanders about his house, because I know what a discol load. Sure, what do you know? Because you know what? Go ahead, go ahead, finish some flot only was hanging mm hmm, because I know what. Because I know all the different places in his house where I could sneak up on him, and all the nooks and crannies. I could kill him before he even knew he was in his house. Let me ask your pal, have you ever heard of roundup?
Speaker 8: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: So that be a word to the wise. Do not go on shooting interviews. Yeah, and say you're gonna outlive Vince McMahon. That's how you're gonna win. Last person I heard say that Terry funk in the grave. Yeah, I bet Stuhart said that. I bet Fritz van Eric said that, I bet verne Ganja said that I bet a million people. I bet Jim Helwig said that, I bet Bruno. Sim Martino said that Superstar buy Graham. You don't bet against Satan get in the fucking grand ground.
Speaker 2: All right, you don't bet against Satan. I'll never fucking say I'll outlive in sick Man. Fuck No, no, nope, got a Why would you want to track that? Juju?
Speaker 10: Ye?
Speaker 2: That is just a horrible situation being Sid for you what, I won't outlive VI sick Man? How about that? Just so money? That's what it came down to for Sid.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but yeah, after this, not a really a peep for years on the indie scene, doesn't work any matches for the next several years. He resurfaces in twenty seventeen, however, at a tenth anniversary super show in Ottawa for Great North Wrestling, where he faces and defeats a wrestler by the name of Paul Rosenberg. Now this is significant because Paul Rosenberg in his sidekick. I don't know a lot about the circuit at that time, but they were doing it. Being twenty seventeen, a Trump gimmick where a guy would bring a Trump flag out and get a ton of heat in Canada for it, and Sid found himself in the crosshairs of the politics of the moment. Oh boy, and he's out there beating up on the Trump guy and getting pops in twenty seventeen in Canada, and god damn it. You know we're going to find out we are. We're going to find out how much of a problem Donald Trump is for w's for Sid? Okay, oh boy, because something goes off in his mind. That's a future let's just say claim he can stake as as a reason for new shows, all right, because what's one of the things Trump Trump does. He comes in and he makes in and out of the country travel more difficult, doesn't he. Of course does that open a vein for potential excuses for Sid to just not.
Speaker 10: Know of the flight.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: One of the indie promoters that Sid fails to show up for suddenly takes to Facebook one day and writes, which one of you buttholes told Sid that the owner of the promotion is a giant Trumpster. Oh I hope you're happy he decided to not get in a plane for our friends at another wrestling company, so he won't be appearing for us either. We are really disappointed but now we can finally say we are like our friends in the other company, and we'll get to what company that is.
Speaker 2: But it's now.
Speaker 6: It's now and a new playground for Sid. This article here by Roger Girinoff apologies for Not Is It Wrestling, Inc. From twenty eighteen, Former WW and WW World Heavyweight Champion Sid Vicus canceled an appearance at last night's Excite Wrestling event. The promotion noted on Facebook last week that Sid canceled the booking because the owner of the promotion, Johnny Moose, is a.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump supporter.
Speaker 6: Boy Vicious had skipped an I A Double A i W show last December, claiming he had travel issues due to Trump's travel man. Excite Wrestling followed suit and had a wrestler dress up as Sid and deliver a power bomb at the show.
Speaker 2: I tried, I said, you know, I will go to the airport and all of a sudden, our Don Trump ain't letting Sid travel, right, he said, ceut banned from travel, Tump Sid beauty travel.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll tell you what. One place, one promotion he doesn't have travel very far for is a company called MCW based not too far from his home. In the beautiful state of Arkansas. So this is a shot that Sid could make by car. And so there's no flight issues to cite, no flight issues to be concerned about or get tripped up on. And it's in this promotion. We're going to take a look at it. So I don't want to paint a picture for you before you get to see it yourself, or boss, I would suggest here in the final leg of our Sid tribute, we really get that unalloyed Look what it looks like when Sid is actually given creative power in the rest of the Lord, not just to do a one off gimmick here and there. But we've heard that's been a theme, right every so often he'll say in an interview, you know, I really would have liked to book in the business. You know, Bill Wats was going to let me book. I created the Colonel Parker character in Harlem Heat and all that stuff. And he always tried to give us this sense that you know, he actually had a mind for the wrestling business and could run a promotion and could be a booker one day, and one wonder why he was never given the opportunity. You know what, Well, he was never given the chance to express his ideas and what he would do out there. This is a glimpse at what we missed out on by not letting book a major promotion all those years, as he discusses here in a shoot interview with Hannibal, who had heard to the Grapevine that there's a very small, low profile indie near Sid's house, that he had started to develop a character Sid for the first time since the Lord Humongous Day's Bosses not wrestling as Sid, He's wrestling as Israel.
Speaker 13: Ah.
Speaker 15: I'll tell you what it was is I had this idea and what it was is a little bit to do with this cilly election, you know, And I used that too, But no, it's it was just something i'd come up with that friend of mine, his name is Very Norman. He's a writer, and a guy named Peter Zeil. There's a thing called briggs Meyer protocols, Like if you had, like in Mon's case, you had a bad leg, where they could put a chip in your brain and they can pretend, you know, not pretend that you would have that pain no longer. Well, we were doing something like that, and we was having my buddy Berry sending little clips to this place at Ocola mcw to show that we were trying that and mayn I'm gonna tell you what I didn't do, but just a few weeks of it, and the people went crazy for it. I never walked into the place. I had so much heat and I was a big time babyface there for the last few years.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 15: But I did what it was I said, I did the operation. What it was I said, I told the people. I said, and this is while I'm still a babyface, I said, don't wact around so anymore. Is I have this operation, and I have this operation. I have to take science over faith. That means over God. And I was gonna call myself Israel. You know when Israel, you know, fought with God, had got a bad hip out of the deal, remember that, right, Well, I told everybody I get God the bad hip, you know, just you know. Then I took on a look. It started working that I started taking on Donald Trump personality and I would take off the hat, my my master, act like Donald Trump or talk like that until the you know, some of the people to get back in the back of the bus, like the Mexican people. There weren't an Americans there however, but I would say things like that and just you know, I'm the boss, and I bought the place and that everybody had game like three more weeks and we was gonna shut the doors, and man, I had a great time with that character. It's actually one I would like to see go to the w W.
Speaker 2: Boss. Does that sound ready for prime time? To you? Ramblings of a madman? What he really? He really is a fucking coop? What is he talking about? I mean, seriously, what did you what did you take from that? I don't really know, honestly. I mean he he wants to is he a nation?
Speaker 19: Is he?
Speaker 2: Is he representative of that? Is that what he wants to do? I don't he's That's the most I don't even know what to call that. It's it's beyond insane, it's beyond stupid, it's like beyond offensive. It's just it really, there is a a there's a category of its own that has yet to be invented, and that's where that belongs. Would you like to see Israel at action?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Fuck my life?
Speaker 6: You like to see what this looked like? And a promotion called shit mcw is sid finally gets the chance to let his creative juices flow. All right, if you want to find it on YouTube. Israel aka Psycho Sid Vicious twenty seventeen is the title of the video. And here we go, all right, three two one.
Speaker 1: Play to the graphic nature of this program, view were described advised.
Speaker 2: Look at him? What he lifts the mask? Look at him?
Speaker 6: Look at the intensity. I mean he's walking around like an Alzheimer's patient.
Speaker 2: Really he's waving.
Speaker 6: Look at the size of the building. It's like a garage.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, seriously, it's I guess this guy is the promoter of the owner. I mean he looks like a pervert. Sid has one on his shoulders. He's got these fucking like uh shoulder pads like pad for what no reason? Because he's Israel. Look at that woman in the back.
Speaker 6: So the promoter is saying, look, let's put this behind us. Our differences and do you think you've seen Sid cut great promos before?
Speaker 2: Boss?
Speaker 6: Oh boy, he's the people he was saying, were eating it up. By the way, how did him stand there?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 8: On our side.
Speaker 2: We need him on our side. These people are like they're what are there like seventy five people there?
Speaker 6: Probably twenty seriously, maybe like thirty forty people.
Speaker 2: Is that the booker back there on the desk. I don't know.
Speaker 23: Let's have started with.
Speaker 6: Let's come to what are you sid? What do you think Let's start over again with your football shoulder pats on?
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 19: You white last it was buzz gil, No, buzz, don't coming back to last week.
Speaker 2: It's all men to doing this. I'll want to turn against you people.
Speaker 10: You don't mean too much.
Speaker 18: Anyway.
Speaker 23: I no, guys, really, Oh.
Speaker 2: I just go home and get a haircut. Excuse me, get your haircut and do what? Come back and be popular again? Oh my god again? Would you all accept my friendship again?
Speaker 23: I'm sorry, I mean, guys, I mean, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Is he doing. I'm sorry he's apologizing, shaking hands with the promoter so much ringside here. I'm sorry, you ass me to the guy on the desk, he is like he's apologized him, and the guy doesn't forgive a ship. He's like, why am I here? He's still talking, said, still talking Devil's rejects. He has football shoulder pads on the whole time. Yeah, and like basically like a you know, like uh uh mechanic coveralls with the knacks back. God yea, and he puts on the ever. This is the people. It wasn't even a fucking axe handle. He's uh he like he did. I don't even know what you'd call it. Look at the crowd. Oh my god. This there's tables with drinks and ship like. This is absolutely atrocious.
Speaker 6: He's lumbering around pretending to attack this old man promoter.
Speaker 2: And the old man fucking pretending to sell no one.
Speaker 6: The crowds just sitting there. I mean some people are screaming, but they're just sitting there.
Speaker 2: Some guy came down with a hat and a chair or he tell them to sit. I was in a baseball bat. Who is that clown? I'm not sure his name. It might be Buzzkill.
Speaker 8: And wait a minute, it's not Joe, you understand.
Speaker 2: Look at him, I mean he looks like a complete dufus football shoulder pads on yeah.
Speaker 16: Both first he probably also a.
Speaker 8: First or something.
Speaker 2: Piscipalion is already said no reaction. One girl screating, but most people are looking at him. The one person screaming at him, but I, oh my god, he.
Speaker 23: Said, I'm looking.
Speaker 14: Damn bomb you white fresh trails.
Speaker 23: I said this last.
Speaker 16: I mean, I.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's just lumbering around ringside.
Speaker 2: I mean he's just like a mic has a cord. Oh, here comes a guy climbing up a ladder. Look at it. Yeah, he's communicating with the Is that it? That's that I'll look at there. Go to the go to the kitchen, get some food. What are they serving? I want to know. Okay, let's never watch that again. I mean, just paint the picture for people, I mean place. If it's just he's just speaking gibberish, you can't really understand what he's fucking said Nucus of the audio. You really, even if you I heard everyone said it, it just doesn't make sense. Like he just he's just speaking words, and you know, and he just stands there like he I don't know, I don't know what was attempted to be accomplished. Just there, you know, he just stands there and he speaks and he he kind of like, you know, he moves. He has a very very limited map, all right, like his his road. It's a basic kind of you know, right angle. Essentially, he goes from the desk of the ring and then he comes back down the side to kind of where the I guess where the entrance is, and then back and forth, like he doesn't walk around the ring and like go to everybody. He just kind of stays in this warm little corner. He's just walking back to notice that, Well, it's because the mic has a cord. He's using a cord. Yeah, I guess that's it. I mean you think that that in this date and age, you have a cord that could run, you know, more than ten feet.
Speaker 6: Again, I want you to picture like being all right, seventeen and you're gonna go trick or treating, right, and you throw a costume together, you know, because you're way too old, and you cover yourself head to toe, long sleeve black shirt with black gloves, black like you're wearing.
Speaker 2: You wear black coveralls, is what you're doing.
Speaker 6: And then he puts NFL shoulder pads on and they look like they're like a youth small. Yeah, they're like why definitely not his side there they do? You know, Usually you put shoulder pads on and you can see that they enhance the shoulders and these do not. And he's got the Jason mask on, a hockey mask, and he's just standing there and he's a big.
Speaker 2: Oh fu a big. He's a big, He's a big lug. It's not scary at all. And when he tries it, and again he doesn't. He doesn't even fucking I mean, I you know, he doesn't even He just kind of talks like Sid. He doesn't. He doesn't, you know, he doesn't like actually talk like a nation or or a you know. I mean, I'm looking at the description here under the YouTube video says he who wrestles with God. Yes, that's Israel, which like he just like Sid.
Speaker 6: Who wrestles with God, but talks like Sid Udy from here exactly, And yeah, he thinks this is ww ready And now that you watch that, Okay, now that you have just listen back to this and just realize that's what he's talking about.
Speaker 15: I'll tell you what it was is I had this idea, and what it was is a little bit to do with this cilly election, you know, and I use that too, but no, it's it was just something i'd come up with that friend of mine. His being is very normal when he's a writer and a guy named Peter Zel. There's a thing called briggs Meyer protocols. Like if you had, like in my case, you had a bad leg where they can put a chip in your brain and they can pretend, you know, not pretend that you would have that pain no longer. Well, we were doing something like that, and we was having my buddy Berry sending little clips to this place at Ocola mcw to show that we were trying that. And mayn I'm gonna tell you what I didn't do but just a few weeks of it, and then people went crazy for it. I never walked into the place. I had so much heat, and I got a big time babyface there for the last few years.
Speaker 7: Uh, But I did what it was.
Speaker 15: I said, I did the operation. What it was I said, I told the people. I said, And this is while I'm still a baby face, I said, don't wact around so anymore. Is I have this operation, and I have this operation, I'd have to take science over faith. That means over God. And I was gonna call myself Israel. You know when Israel, you know, fought with God, he got a bad hip out of the deal, remember that, Yeah, right, Well, I told everybody I get God the bad hip, you know, just you know, then not took on it started working, that started taking on Donald Trump personality, and I would take off the hat, my my masters, act like Donald Trump or talk like that until you know, some of the people to get back in the back of the bus, like the Mexican people. They weren't even there, however, but I would say things like that, and just you know, I'm the boss, and I bought the place, and that everybody had that game like three more weeks and we was gonna shut the doors. And man, I had a great time with that character. It's actually one I would like to see. Go to the WWE.
Speaker 1: Fan wrestling podcast, the wrestling podcast that knows the boys need their candy. It's the Lampsed Fan. He's a lapsed fan wrestling podcast with Jack and Jo.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm glad he had fun with it. I guess I that was a character. I mean, he just stood there.
Speaker 6: With none of the personality. He had his sid and right his face is stone faced, monotone, and he's walking around and he's pivoting at the hip and looking at the people, and he's got a kid's shoulder pads on the whole time, and.
Speaker 2: He's just I mean, listen, the only heat that was in that building was coming from the kitchen. And the hush puppies. They were bringing out exactly the locals on a Friday night, right, and he had nothing to do with sid Uh. You know, at the end of all this, my excuse me, you want to be disrespectful the nation of.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: I just can't believe we lost out on this guy getting a chance to let his creative juices flow in the big leagues. I don't know how this guy didn't earn a spot on a creative team somewhere.
Speaker 2: I want to tell you something, Vince, I got an idea. No way, yeah, all right, I'm gonna hit mute. Said, you go ahead.
Speaker 15: You just let me know.
Speaker 2: Tell me what your idea is. I want to be a people. Excuse me, I want to be a people. Well, you are a person, said, you're a person? You are of people? No, I want to be a people. I want to be Israel. I see, And what does this have to do with me? That's what you understand is now I'm coming back to the w w E. That's a new persona. I got a new character in mind. I want to base it on the wacky things going on the election, the wacky things so many. All right, are you gonna dress up like Trump or something. Is that the me? Are you going to be like Sid Trumps? What's the look? You're coming out with a big bouffont blonde bof Donald Donald Vicious? What's the look? Pal? Help me? Help me see it? So I want you imagine me all dressed in black, Okay, like the Undertaker. No, no, like the Undertaker, like Israel. Okay. Now I want you to understand, I'm wearing a black coverall, I'm wearing black gloves, and then I'm wearing shoulder pads. You were like football pads, Pala, I mean like you mean like women's shoulder like under the shirt right in the eighties, like under the shirt you can wear your shoulder pads and mm hmm okay, you're talking about NFL football pads. I suppose those under a shirt would add some bulk. I know it's hard for you to put on bulk, you know, I you know you are a bulky guy. But I can understand, you know, you try to create a new image. Sure you wear that under the shirt, under the cover all shirt. That can create a no no, no, no, what no under the shirt or to where the where the pads going? Pal on top my shoulder pads fully exposed. What is that? I mean, what's the point of that? Israel is so putting putting the pads on on over the outside of the shirt. Is Israel? I am reel, Israel rules the world. Listen, I'll tell you what. Why don't Yeah, why don't we? This is great? I love this. I think this is We're gonna fast track this. Why don't you do me a favor. You book a flight up here and we're gonna right, We're gonna make sure that this gets right on television, and you know, do me a favor. Call me when you get here and I'll make sure that I'm in town for this. Can we make sure we get like videotape of this ship because I need to put this on YouTube. Tom all right, I'm gonna put this fucking shit YouTube. Israel psycho, Israel, one piece of ship. You know, I'm hearing everything you're saying. On the phone. What what what?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 2: I was talking about something. I was talking about something else, Bell, Yeah, I was talking about No. No, I'm sorry. We get we have a show in Israel and there's a psycho who's trying to book the you know, it's a whole everything, not you Israel, the the the the gimmick. This, this is not a gimmick. This is the new sid Ah, Damn Israel here Israel? All right? Well, oh man, if Sid could have just been a booker, the whole world will be a different place. I'll tell you, a world of nations and peoples, of all the things it was it was not real. Okay, is real? That's the one thing it wasn't. Damn right, is real? No is fake? Terrible?
Speaker 6: That's It's selful that it came down to that for Sid. You know, it's such a reality. But we're missing the silver tuna here. Oh God, we're going to talk about this part of Sid's life. If we're going to talk about the pattern of behavior that begins to emerge in the world class excuse making. He starts to make, he starts to compose for himself. We can't not talk about the time that he now showed an event for a i W in Illinois for promoter John Thorne, who had his own podcast at the time and who started in one episode of the podcast kind of dejected his co hosts giving him a hard time. So he's on suicide watch because much like the aforementioned pro Wrestling Syndicate promoter a lot riding on the idea that an appearance from Sid himself is quite rare on the US and D's back in that day and you can come here and come to this AIW show. I believe it's absolute intense wrestling and lay eyes on Sid.
Speaker 2: He'll be here.
Speaker 6: Promotion promotional material is out. People are counting on him. He's the draw. But as they go to record the podcast, I believe a couple days before the show was to happen that weekend, the voter John Thorne lets us know that in fact, Sid didn't.
Speaker 2: Go to the airport. Oh boy.
Speaker 6: The night before he did tell him on the phone, Hey brother Sid, this is looking forward to seeing you in the morning. This is according to John Thorne, and Sid said he'd give him a call. John said he went to bed and had his phone on loud all night so he can get woken up if the phone rang and he was asleep.
Speaker 2: Never got a call.
Speaker 6: Sid was suppose to fly at five forty am that day. John wakes up at eight thirty, no call, and he thought to himself, maybe he's just, you know, maybe just went to the airport. And I don't know, there's a fuck in at the check in or whatever. Maybe you got the wrong number, the wrong check in number, whatever. He says, you know, I'm just gonna see what happened, because it's not the easiest to find out if he's in the air or not. But you know, if you're just some third party. But he was like, you know, I'm gonna put the check in number in and at least that'll tell me what the seed is he had. And because they booked the flight for SID, right, so they have some some transparency here and they're going to try to find out what's happening with SID. That way, somebody goes on American Airlines website. He looks at it and says, you know what, this flight it says this trip has been canceled.
Speaker 2: Canceled.
Speaker 6: Trip isn't canceled, what do you mean, no bad weather or anything, And maybe just just canceled, you know, because it's it's he's already boarded or something like that. Maybe they just cancel it out because it's you know, it's been it's been dealt with, it's been launched. So you know what, I'm gonna call American Airlines. He says, I'm gonna let me let me see if I can get further on the phone. So he calls him up and guy answers. He says, you know, hey, I am I about a flight for somebody, trying to locate him. I haven't heard anything. Trying to make sure they're okay. At the end of the day, a lot of SID for the about a flight for this guy, said Udy and six hundred dollars flight non refundable. Give him the check in number. They said, yeah, that trip was canceled.
Speaker 2: But what do you mean.
Speaker 6: All the flights are on time? It looks like to me, they said, no, Sydney Dy has canceled the trip. That's the extent of the detail he's able to get.
Speaker 19: Now.
Speaker 6: He's deeply frustrated, But I like the promoter we talked about before. He's got Sid's number. Yes, and he's recording a podcast, Oh my god, and he can put that sucker on speaker.
Speaker 18: No, dude, he's doing some weird fucking hackershit with his phone. Sid, John, what's up, man, I just got back from the airport.
Speaker 7: They've got a god damn thing on my driver's license is where it says I didn't pay a ticket, and I got to sit here. I just looked through my mail and it ain't nothing better about a fucking speaking ticket. And I guess now that fucking uh Donald Trump has got these fucking things. They can't let me get through without a passport, and I didn't have my passport. I can't find that son of a bitch.
Speaker 18: Either, So so what happens now?
Speaker 7: I don't know. John's why I'm sitting there looking looking around, think what to do. That's golf to follow with my lawyer. He was I was on the phone him when you called. He didn't see if anything I can do, He's and I'm not the only one that I had a friend of mine happiness that they weren't going to a wrestling show, but they were. They worked for Delta of all things, and when they tried to get connected flight to get home the other day. Some to do with this fucking this new travel band. If you got like what I've gotten, I'm not sure it's the speeding ticket or what it is. I got it in the mill the other day. My wife actually actually has it, actually had one. And I had a friend of mine that you years ago, when came in the mill, says a Department of administration and opened here is just to see what it was. Because the guy's dead now, he's not live anymore. And it was a speeding ticket from Louisiana. So I took my wife. She ready to me. I can't remember it was the speeding ticket or where it was, but because I had that on there, I can't. I got to go now, I've got to go get my wife is renewed.
Speaker 18: So they so they just wouldn't watch you through Huh they wouldn't let me home. Fuck. Uh yeah, I don't like. I called the airport this morning, the airline this morning, and uh, you know, they didn't have any answers for me. I was trying to call you. What was going on?
Speaker 7: I doubt your uh uh your phone on my cell phone and I must have hit the bone digital I got over there. It wasn't going to your number. It was going to some fucking automated thing.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, because I you know that way and have it with me.
Speaker 7: And again, like you said, I know the girl works there a Delta. She says, there's there's nothing we can do.
Speaker 18: Uh, well, your flight was on American I know.
Speaker 7: That, but she works there, so I tired going and see if she knew anybody and you know, help me out on that. But she said the same thing happened to her. And then I keep remember that the other person was I didn't And it just depends what state. Who is this? I used to talk to a girl in the gym about that yesterday. That's what it was. But that's what it is, John. I can't get through because I've got some kind of fucking outstanding thing and it can't be no more of the goddamn speeding tickets. I can't think of anything else. I but even had I can't even remember getting the speeding ticket. And this could be something. You know. What happened was I've only had driver's license down for about a year. They never did what it was. For seven years, I couldn't get a driver's license. Uh, maybe longer than that. They said there's something wrong with it. Was something wrong with it. I got a lawyer and went through every fucking state in the Union see if there was a speeding ticket or something somewhere outstanding.
Speaker 2: They never really could find anything.
Speaker 7: And then I got a ticket one day and the judge says, you better fucking find out what's going on, You're gonna be in trouble. So I went to the revenue office. Now they look they just said, hey, we can't find anything. And that's what's so weird about it when they look it up. Even when I get pulled over, they changed nothing on your records showing that you shouldn't have shouldn't be able to get your driver's license. I finally got so, and I've had them that for over a year. But I don't know if that's the same thing popping up or what it is so damn administration thing that my wife getting ready to me I can't ever or something stupid.
Speaker 18: Yeah, you know that's Uh, this kind of sucks for me because I had a lot, you know, I sold a lot of tickets for tonight.
Speaker 7: I know, John, and I'm I'm not upset more than you are, of course, but I'm pissed about everything that I pissed down that I don't have a fucking driver's license.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I just don't know how I'm gonna explain it to people, you know, right, It's.
Speaker 7: Just I don't know, man, man right now, and I've got ten thousand fucking other things stupid, and it's just a. Yeah, I spent seven years trying to figure this fucking thing out. I thought it was behind me.
Speaker 13: And because they.
Speaker 7: Said the colendar, they said, what it was is because of these jew restrictions that Donald Trump has put on different states. And they don't know because they can't look to it because well, you've got a problem in this state, you.
Speaker 11: Know what I mean.
Speaker 18: That's fucking that's fucking Trump man.
Speaker 7: I tell you, Donald, tell you what, John, I've never voted my whole life. Donald Trump has messed up more things than this. We could go on all day.
Speaker 2: It's because the football thing.
Speaker 7: You know, I did want call him Tapernick around either for what he did. But the deal was is the NFL owner said already decided he wasn't going to be So Donald Trump steps in and makes of all this fuss. Now everybody, I know, not you watching football anymore.
Speaker 18: It's you know, it's turning it into a real crazy world.
Speaker 7: Well he just turned it into something he didn't have to.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: Again, they want to said Kaepernick, you're not going to place if you were that this dance that you wanted to take, it was already taken. So Donald Trump comes in and makes up a little bit more fuss. Now it's got you know, I know, I don't Honestly, I don't know anything. People that I talked to when I bring up the subject that are watching football now.
Speaker 18: I'm not watching. Do you hear Vincent Man might buy the Carolina Panthers?
Speaker 7: Do what now?
Speaker 18: Vincent Man might buy the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 2: Did you hear that?
Speaker 7: Really?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 18: He's he's uh, or he might bring the XFL back, that's the rumor.
Speaker 7: Well, you do the only thing about this is this John down Mark Cuban. Okay, if they're going to turn down Mark Cubans, they're definitely gonna turn down Vince mcman.
Speaker 18: I agree, you know what I mean absolutely.
Speaker 7: Well, there's a you know, I guess if there's any type of fraternity that's gonna that's gonna be funny. The last touch or last effect about this will be the NFL football owners. You know, I would you know, I didn't know. I didn't realize this today. This so before they ever let someone like put this man into probably you know, put a black owner in first. But I doubt that even you know, they're gonna be real picky about who they put in there.
Speaker 18: Maybe uh, you know, maybe uh, in a couple of weeks, we could have you on my podcast or something and you could maybe like explain, yes, explain the situation. I'm just trying to find now. I'm trying to scrabble to try to find a replacement for you know, something I don't I don't know what's getting what to do.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm sorry this happened, Dan, I said, Thank god, I just got home the stove man's go work. Could call you. I heard the phone ring and as I was getting in the door. But oh my god, it's just I'm sorry. I'm gonna I'm gonna fix. I just called my lawyer. He's checking over the find that was going on.
Speaker 2: He just called his lawyer wing.
Speaker 7: Oh see what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 18: Yeah, because I'm you know, I'm out quite quite a bit of money too on the flight in the hotel and.
Speaker 7: Donald Trump, I know, your money back to the hotel hopefully.
Speaker 18: Now because it's not twenty four hours. They won't. I already called. They wouldn't give me the money back. Oh shit, So I'm kind of man.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry that I could be maybe next time, but set up a podcast something. I'll be glad.
Speaker 18: To do that for you, okay, man, you know, and keep keep in touch. Maybe we could have you come to a makeup or something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'd be glad to do that.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 18: Well, you know, keep stay in touch and keep me, keep me in a loop with the license and what's going on with the Trump stuff and your your license.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then just again, you know when you want to do this podcast, so you get a chance. I'd love to be able to come back, you know, to me. It's been fishing me off twice. And you know, my writer expecting to see me now you gotta call him, tell him I can't make it. It was uh, it was really a great opportunity for me to have to be able to.
Speaker 8: Do one time.
Speaker 18: Right, Yeah, I know you're like forward to seeing the book writer, so just sometimes yeah, absolutely, just keep in touch. Okay, have a great day you too.
Speaker 2: I guess he's not coming. What the fuck? I don't even know where to begin. I mean, that's absolutely insanity.
Speaker 7: Like he.
Speaker 2: The tangents, the yes exactly. He just went off on so many different like every time there was some way to connect, like every time there was like he just he just kind of kept like it was basically like one long run on sentence. You know, he just kept something else, like he just talked about Trump and all of a sudden talking about football.
Speaker 24: And here's the thing, John, Yeah, right, exactly, here's the thing, exactly like he's and what is I guess what's really the most brilliant and at the same time horrifying.
Speaker 2: Thing is how casually he does it. Yes, and I know that that's kind of the the thing, and wrestlers do that, But I'll tell you, I don't know, Like there's something about the way Sid does it that you're if you're not, if you're not kind of of the right mind set and you're not on your own game, he could fool you.
Speaker 25: Yep, yep, amen, because he keeps just talking and talking and talking. He just exhausts you to the point where it's like it's going to be easier at this. I'm already pissed off with this guy to begin with. It's not going to make me feel any better to let him talk at me for twenty five minutes about tangential subjects.
Speaker 2: And he knows it's not only that, but he's just the way he just keeps going and he knows.
Speaker 6: This he's not doing it because he's he's not doing it by mistake. The more he talks to you can talk, you know exactly.
Speaker 2: Yep. So in other words, good guy and a pleasure to deal with, and a guy who never got a fair shake in the business. I mean, what the fuck? Seriously, what the fuck?
Speaker 6: And you got to think how many times he played cards like that? Eleven years on a license?
Speaker 2: Is what he said?
Speaker 6: You see something like that, like, I mean, maybe I don't know, Maybe it's getting arrested for having weed on you. Maybe that's what the problem is. You can't It was another one of those like, you know, I don't know what it could be, you know, over and over again. And my wife read it to me over the phone. So that explains why he doesn't have it on his person. But what and he didn't have a license when he got pulled over with the marijuana either, right.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. Seriously, it really is unbelievable.
Speaker 6: So you can imagine just how how breathless the headlines were about how Trump you know, sid blames.
Speaker 2: Trump in the twist.
Speaker 6: Don't imagine on the twisted every promoter saying about this guy all this time and he mentioned the book. You know, he mentioned he was going to meet with a writer too when he was out there. And needless to say, we've gone all these weeks talking about Sid and we never had an opportunity to quote from his book because let me give you a guest, boss, do you think it came out?
Speaker 2: Do you think it was no?
Speaker 6: Do you think it was problem an issue free trying to work with Sid on getting a book out about his life.
Speaker 2: I would imagine that there were some inconsistencies on the level of Diana Hart.
Speaker 6: It came out in review form to select few, very few have seen the book Sid decided to write, called Poetry in the Sand.
Speaker 2: The Israel story came.
Speaker 6: Out in twenty twelve. Now a wrestler, a writer at Slam Wrestling named Tom Letterge was able to get his hands on the book. And this is the description we're able to get. If anybody, are you out there in the Solar System by hook or by crook, is in receipt of a copy of this thing, we would love to see it. But it's not a huge loss because from what I understand, it's just like that phone call.
Speaker 2: Well, but then again, that is a huge loss, right for entertainment.
Speaker 6: Factor, or I should say it as Sid says it right, right, right right. Poetry in the Sand. Tom writes detail Sid Vicious is larger than life persona, but is small and wrestling dirt. First off, the title of this Sid Vicious biography, Poetry in the Sand, is based on a misheard Beach Boys lyric from California Girls. Author Barry R. Norman writes at the stand in for palm Trees in the Sand reminded him of the six seven, three hundred pound Vicious Sports Sydney Udy. Norman explains that he and Psycho Sid met and became friends during their time at World Championship Wrestling. Udi was an in ring ruler of the World in Norman working television production. Norman is a self described media junkie who has worked in print, me movie's music, and even promoting the Olympics. He has self published other books, but in this his first one on professional wrestling, The Udi Baya, was published by Stillwater River Publications. The book's forward gives great detail about the men's friendship and how things very recently went wrong. Early on, Uti poses the question do you think you know me? Perhaps most wrestling fans do remember his beginning as Lordymungus as w CW battles with Sid and Hulk Stinging Hulkogan Rather and his World Wrestling Federation now World Wrestling Entertainment squash match against the late Big Bully Busick along with his manager Harvey Whippleman Downtown Bruno. Udye spends a great deal of the book detailing his childhood, which began on an Air Force base in Moses Lake, Washington and more famously for his fans, West Memphis, Arkansas. Although Norman wrote the book, it is entirely in Udie's oftentimes hyperkinetic tempo with a run on, sometimes rambling, and random style reminiscent of Jack Carroll Wacken Hunter S. Thompson Sid was Wrestling's Hunter S Thompson.
Speaker 2: That's that's Ie Wow.
Speaker 6: Youuty details how his family moved frequently, especially after his parents split. He spent quality time with some of the men his mother dated and had relationships with following the marriage breakup. As a growing teen, you'd he worked long hours on farms under the stifling Arkansas sun, saving money for brand new sports cars that enabled him to rack up DUIs and other traffic citations in a short period of time.
Speaker 2: Oh my God good.
Speaker 6: He explores childhood adventures along with drug and alcohol use. The one hundred and fifty two page tome is a quick read, but don't look for much in the way of backstage wrestling stories. He addresses the infamous arn Anderson's stabbing incident in less than.
Speaker 2: I don't want I don't want that. I wow what he's going to do with all the craziness. He knows what you want, and he's gonna wait for you. Yes, he's gonna insist that you sit down and eat like ninety five percent of your meal as vegetables before he gives you like five percent of yummy st Yes, in less than one hundred words, and it is fifty nine pages in before he devotes time to his horrific and ring like break in ww Oodi notes that his animosity toward w B chairman and CEO Vince McMahon helped him get through rehab. Norman confirms that Udy was indeed angry with Nicmahn despite not being employed by w B when the injury occurred. In chapter ten, Throwing Everybody under the Bus, Oodie takes a jarring turn from stories to strange declarations. He claims to never have missed a booking due to softball. Anyone who has followed his independent bookings nose that's an abject fallacy. In fact, he claims to not play softball but semi professional tittly winks. Excuse, excuse me.
Speaker 6: According to Norman, Udi doesn't relish in wrestling talk, but would rather talk about his years growing up. I wonder why you will find that here and you'll grow to appreciate this somewhat low key former champion. The storytelling does take a less Thompson esk Ryde in the book Rest of the Way. Probably Udi is introspective when it comes to faith religion. His relationship with his loving aunt Joyce is the highlight of the book. His love of music, snippets of song lyrics that are meaningful to him dot the book, and personal relationships. There is a strange chapter dedicated to the coda angle Ud believes would be a great wrestling angle, but could only be told by the same team that brought the film The Peanut Butter Falcon to the big screen, or by Norman's own film contacts.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry what now.
Speaker 6: The coda angle revolves around a gigantic, masked wrestler named Faust who comes out of independent Wrestling Nowhere and resembles a certain destructive behemoth. Faust's wheelchair bound manager dukes McMahon into signing Faust to a contract. After much exposition, much more detail than any program in WW history, it's determined that Faust is in fact a superpowered ud. A happy, satisfying ending ultimately concludes Udy's storied career. So sign good Pitch Boss. The coda angle, I don't really have a wheelchair.
Speaker 2: And now for the Udi.
Speaker 6: In Norman's story, According to Norman, a long time ago, the two met on the job and bonded over their shared love of softball, and remained best friends until recently. In fact, Poetry in the Sand with Uty emulating Marvel Comics Sandman on the front cover is currently in distribution limbo in some buying platforms, according to Norman. On June twelfth, twenty twenty, Amazon notified in the email that the book was pulled from its website, noting that they don't want to get into the middle of a legal dispute. At press time, a resolution for this dispute is still pending. In recent bonds if not weeks, The friends have had a falling out, most of it seems to surround a planned visit to Utie's home, as well as the tone of the book itself. The rift widened from there. Most notably, Uti in his legal team argued that the book did not have a legal certificate of registration. Oh my god, Si, guy who can't figure out why he does have a license is filing lawsuits saying you don't have a valiant certificate of registration. But Norman is quick to provide proof that he has crossed his tees and dotted his eyes. On the Vicious Circle podcast, duty is discussed replacing Norman as his biographer. In their now evaporated friendship, Both men have admitted to experiencing bouts of depression, and Norman says the two bonded over their troubles as well as their happier times. Sadly, Norman says Uti has recently reached out to him. However, its his opinion that their friendship is irrevek irrevocably broken. Editor's note for more in the Conflict of the biopleasee Letargy's previous slam Wrestling dot Net story, Slim Wrestling dot Net did reach out to Udi through Rob his podcast co host, to offer Udi the opportunity to share his side of the story. Bellamy responded to the email quote as for the book, once the legal side has wrapped, both Sid and myself would be happy to talk about it. Nonetheless, thanks to Norman's seasoned guidance with Poetry in the Sand, we do get to know who Udie is, and the One Time Skyscraper is as complicated as a wrestling fan may surmise. He isn't as detailed as the writings of Christ Jericho or mcfoley, but it is a must read for anyone yearning to know more about Udi. Norman's next project is writing a play about the infamous Montreal screwjob, written in Shakespeare in English.
Speaker 14: Ah.
Speaker 6: So yeah, good luck getting a Sid book out. I doesn't this guy sound the biggest nightmare in the world to deal with?
Speaker 2: I mean, seriously, sounds like just a complete I don't even know. Ah, I mean I need this book. Yeah, I think we need to find it. It sounds like it's for a limited period of time it was out there. It sounds like, but it's an important artifact. I haven't seen really any evidence. I saw a screenship screenshot, but a photo someone put up holding it with a cover in their hand. But I haven't seen any indication that what's it called again, what do you call the book Poetry in the Sand? I mean, that's what he called this book, Okay, poetry in the sand? Called this book poetry in the sand? Or poetry in the sand? In the sand? Yes, poetry in the Sand. I yeah, I don't even know where to begin.
Speaker 6: So perhaps sensing that the book was not necessarily forthcoming in terms of wider distribution and no longer needing to hold back on, you know, just talking openly and freely on some of the details of his of his life that he thought he'd save for the book. That that's always the most frustrating part of any wrestler's life is when they think they have a book coming that someone wants to read, and they're interviewed one hundred times and they withhold things, you'll have to read the book, Oh god, please, I won't have to read the book. Say it now or forever. Hold your piece, because you're really testing my patience right now and my interest. In fact, you're making me not want to buy the book so that you don't get to win this fucking strange tug of war who we're engaged in. But so he starts a podcast. It's called The Vicious Circle, and the co host is someone we've heard, you know, in snippets along the way, and he starts talking about his career and his life and his upbringing and color is and a lot of things that we weren't sure about. For instance, why is Washington state listed? It's his birthplace when he was such an Arkansas boy and his family sharecroppers in the area because he was born on an air Force base and Washington was gone from that spot within a couple of years and moved all around as his father, a hot shit air Force pilot, flew all over the place and thus leading to Sid's interest and ability and flying, but definitely not the kind of you know relationship. It's just like Scott Hall's relationship with his dad, you know, hot shit army father, who he had a fair degree of distance from, you know, and didn't really know all that well. And so he gets to talking and he's going through his career and at one point he takes us back to Japan where he wrestled very briefly as Vicious Machine. You remember this where he came in worked for Jinami and Anoki and stuff, And my god, does he have a whopper of a story that we have. The podcast he launched in twenty twenty one, I believe it was to thank for.
Speaker 1: Sling podcast, the wrestling podcast that knows the boys need their candy. It's the Lapsed Fan. He's the Lapsed Fan wrestling podcast with Jack and carn Seo m JP Soro.
Speaker 14: I love Japan though, man, it was it was fun. The only thing is you were over there, you were starving.
Speaker 11: I was.
Speaker 14: I took her big duffer bag of Danna sausages and oh my god, chicken, devil hand chicken, devil chicken, all that crappy stuff. Now the Vienna sausages. Will I go to the Japanese. They take me out and feed me all night. You come back, go, yeah, sausage, you want to silence?
Speaker 6: He took the Viennas to Japan. The Viennas weren't just a thing that the church got him into.
Speaker 2: They were they were what he needed to survive. Was popping tops and the lady's intel. Can you imagine like he's on a fucking plane, all right. You know, you're sitting on a plane opposite this fucking behemoth, all right, Like you're in the aisle and you're across the Offerman and you know, he's just kind of like sitting there. Number one, He's just sitting there. He does not have any sort of entertainment, doesn't read, watch a movie, all right, He just plaid shirt, yep, tugs in the jeans, baseball hat, seat belt. He just sits there, seated like he's in restraints, right and just staring ahead and not moving at all. All right. Now, if you're sitting up on the opposite aisle of him, like you keep looking over there and you're you're obviously getting nervous, and so it's got to be alarming when he finally makes the move to reach down into his his his uh uh, you know, his bag whatever you call it, the carry on and the what personal personal bag, and you're like what the fuck? You know, you're probably thinking he's gonna grab, like get a bomb or a gun or something that was able to smuggle on, but instead he pulls out a tiny fucking can of Vienna sausages, fucking takes the key tab, opens it up and you can, you know, and right then there's a little bit of turbulence, so some of the juice like flies out onto his tray, onto his uh, you know, and so this is a little bit messed there. And then he like he just takes his middle finger and just wipes it off and licks his fingers and then starts just putting his finger in the can and taking out sausages and eating them. And that's what he does. Like just you watch him because you can't not watch this, this, this, this this complete ogre. You can't not watch him eat these tiny little fucking penis sausages. That's what he does. You watch him. And then when he's done, they come over and you know, they're like, get your trash, any trash you just puts it in there, and then he goes back to sitting completely still horrifying, absolutely horrifying. Also watching him eat worthy the Japanese. I guess so, oh, I guess they're all. CID's coming. Oh, Vienna's in the hotel. We got Vienna's a wrestler state.
Speaker 6: It wasn't just Vienna. It's coming to find out. Sid realized that if he ate some of this low grade food, in front of the Japanese as a wrestling superstar. They would take it quite personally and see do it that Sid was fed some of the finer foods Japan.
Speaker 2: Had to offer. God, and oh my god, let me.
Speaker 6: Tell you, boss, it doesn't take very many cycles for Sid to realize that trick.
Speaker 2: I'm staying Toyo.
Speaker 14: Tokyo Plaza, I think it was named hotel, and there's where all the dignitaries were staying. And so I was, you know, in the lobby, and every time I stood up, everybody reached over to point.
Speaker 2: A gun at me. Now tell my star know there we were.
Speaker 14: I mean, I just couldn't afford to eat that kind of food. I'm trying to take every penny home with me, and so I lost minisult white, and so I'd go to the store and get me some peanut butter with a new bananas and brand. I'd go down Bobby ate these things that it was a big insult to the promoters. First they see you lives in white. Then the fans see me in the hotel, you know, peanut butter sandwiches, so they'd get real upset, and they all take me out to eat every night.
Speaker 2: And I took advantage of that. Man.
Speaker 14: I've talked about being an opportunitist, right, well, I did. When I realized that work. I did that every chance I could.
Speaker 6: Man Sid sitting in the lobby of the hotel making a show out of his peanut butter and banana sandwich, knowing that it would hustle him another free, high class meal.
Speaker 2: I don't see any problem with that. Gods how to work the system.
Speaker 6: August twenty sixth, twenty twenty four, it is with heavy hearts that we announced the passing of Sydney Ray Udi, who was born December sixteenth, nineteen sixty in Moses Lake, Washington. He passed from this earth on August twenty sixth, peacefully at home after a long, private and courageous battle with non Hodgkins lymphoma and chronic heart issues. Sid was a beloved husband, father, grandfather, son, brother, friend, and mentor. He was known for his kindness, humor, generosity in living his life on his own terms. Although he traveled the world wrestling, his heart was always back home in Arkansas. He was especially proud of his three grandchildren, Raylan Udy, Charlotte Udy, and Frankie Udy. Who brought immense joy to their pauper's life. Sid is survived by his wife, Sabrina, his two sons, Frank Udy Ashton of Naples, Florida, and Gunner Udy Kelly of Mary in Arkansas. His mother married Joe Howard. His sisters Bobby Udy and Margot Udi had several nieces and nephews. He is preceded in death by his father Bobby, Joe Udy, his sister Christy Houghton, and his aunt Joyce Good. Though his presence will be deeply missed, his memory will live on in the hearts of all who knew and loved him. In honor of Sid's life and legacy, the family kindly requests donations be made to a cancer research foundation or a heart health charity of your choice. Resting about the cathedral, no well, Rest.
Speaker 2: In peace, Sid.
Speaker 6: Your battle is over, but your legacy will endure forever. Sid was born December sixteenth, Boss, how close are we? This may even drop on?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 6: What would have met his birthday? Yep, his son Gunner was really the first to break the news. Most in wrestling didn't have any idea Sid was even sick, because, as we learned, with a leg break. But the health is not. But he's not the picture of health. Sid has a way of retreating, has a way of hiding, as a way of uh seeing to it that others don't know what he's going through. But suddenly, his son Gunnar took the Facebook and posted the following earlier this year. He was known as psycho Sid vicious to the world, but to our family, he was simply Popper, the beloved grandfather. I'm sorry, what now, popper? Yes, pop popper, like jalapeno popper, like how those crowds popped incw there. Sid was diagnosed with congest Yeah, they called him hullip. Sid, his father, his son wrote, was diagnosed with congestive heart failure in twenty sixteen. So during all that time, during those phone calls and all that foolishness and everything, heart failure and atrial fibrillation better known as aphib ah. Around the same time, he was also given a pacemaker. In April twenty twenty one, he was diagnosed with stage four non Hodgkins lymphoma, which was linked to roundup weed killer. Although he never told anyone about his fight against cancer, Sid lived his life to the fullest attending the gym, boxing classes, making appearances for his fans, and of course te ball games for the kids. He passed away peacefully in his bed, leaving behind a legacy of strength and determination. I've never met anyone with a fraction of the strength as my father. He truly was one of a kind. Thanks everyone for the uplifting words and love. We definitely feel it. We have received thousands of messages and are grateful for every one of them. I don't have time to reply, but I have to. I have read all of them. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Signed Gunner Udy. Among the many posts on Facebook reflecting on Sid's life and times, a couple stood out. One by someone by the name of TJ who wrote the memories I have from the House and Marion. The one that sticks out the most is being power bombed on the waterbed.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: This is one of Sid's former compatriots in the business when he did the POB stable in Memphis power pro between his wwfront and coming into WW in nineteen ninety nine. By the way, shout out to the homie David Caminister, who's able to find out that POB and the promotion stood for pride of brotherhood, scintillating stuff.
Speaker 2: That was the name of the wild.
Speaker 6: We didn't know exactly what to call him. And there was a wrestler in that stable along with Sid called Stunt or Stumpy, who owns a barbecue restaurant not too far from where Sid grew up and passed, called Stumpy's Backyard Barbecue. And after Sid had a memorial service in his hometown, Stumpy took to Facebook, it's been a whole day since we laid you to rest, celebrated your life here on earth, and paid our respects. You would have been proud of your boys.
Speaker 2: I know I was.
Speaker 6: Frank gave an eloquent eulogy, and it's apparent he shares your gift of telling stories that puts the listener back in time. Gunner kept us all in line and made sure everything was arranged perfectly. Obviously skills of yours he shares Sid. You and I not only became friends and wrestling partners, we became family. Part of being family is we may not have always seen eye to eye, and sometimes our pride got us, but we never failed to come back around, check in and see each other for who we really were.
Speaker 2: Brothers. Time flew by fat What it's a brother? What who Stumpy did? Wait, don't begin to push this tribute to his wrestle Bady, a opponent horrified.
Speaker 6: Help did do an interview with I think a barstool podcast where he said I got along great with Suit, I mean in the ring. The one thing I can say about said is he took care of you. He never hurt me in the ring. And then they said, yeah, but he was critical of you in some shooting interviews, Hogan. One thing that kind of cast me off guard is all these guys, and there's several of them, not just pointing out Sid, all these guys that I've worked with, and all these guys that have done business with, all of a sudden, in the twilight of their career, when they're done, they do these shooting Hulk didn't know anything about the wrestling business, or Hulk was an asshole, And I'm like, man, I had no idea that we.
Speaker 2: Felt like this. Sid did some of that towards the end, but I would have never hold it against him because I love Sid. Brother. Wow, No, I don't, but about the Sid, dude, I'm just saying, Brother, you know, I thought I knew one thing, and this is a problem with the whole. You know exactly with everything?
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 2: You know, I know I knew one thing, but I don't know everything. And if I don't know everything, then something's amiss. Brother. And can I ask you a question, Hulk? When will you know if this is your last match? I just won't know until I got out of the ring.
Speaker 6: Time flew By Stump wrote faster than any of us could imagine. The kids fishing in your pond, or their punishments for bad behavior of cleaning the pond. Frank cleaned the pond, digging fishing worms under the old tailgate. The Bible stories you gave them that applied to life today. The louder than thunder laugh when they would actually.
Speaker 2: Silly with you. The hot padise the hot rolls at Lambert's. Sit into it a hot roll, dowb I mean, we know, damn well, get a picture like okay, the tablecloth is like red and white checkered, right, oh yes, yes, and so is the the napkin that holds the biscuits inside the basket. And he like unfolds the the the linen covering, and he peels a biscuit open and and and you can see the steam and like the sunlight that's coming in the room of where he's enjoying the hot roll. Yeah again, loan at a table, all right, alone at a table.
Speaker 6: Many memories with my kids and more than that, they'll never forget the days and hour spent with you at the gym and the Chinese fa afterwards, hours of listening practice, going over our next show, the hours in the ring together, Vick.
Speaker 2: There's nothing like, you know, complimenting a good workout with Chinese buffet, listening practice, going over our next show, the hours in the ring together, the unforgettable trips out of town. The pob will always live on and we will never forget rip. Well done, my friend, Sid, Udy said Vicious Psycho Sid, Sid Justice, my friend, my brother until we meet again, Pride of brotherhood, Love Stump. Interestingly, there was a billboard that went up not too long ago a Times Square or around Times Square where a hip hop artists by the name of West Side Gun just put out an album called Still Praying, and the cover for the project is just a picture of Sid in the ring. Oh my god, Doriga's career, just standing there, you know, with a Bental advisory explicit lyrics thing right up on it. It's something to see. That's wild. As for.
Speaker 6: You know, the family that Sid left behind, it's it's interesting. You know, we talk about softball, and we joke about softball, and.
Speaker 2: It is a joke.
Speaker 6: I think we've established that the way he talked, the way it factored into his life story and his wrestling story is is hilarious but boss some. But then you come across a picture like the one I just sent you, Sid looking through the fence at a little league field with I can only supposed to be as one of his grandchildren, and he's wearing the exact shirt you talked about, Yep.
Speaker 2: Exactly, He's worried a fucking plaid shirt. You know, I bet that's you know, I bet I bet he doesn't know who that kid is. Yeah, smiling down nick, random kid, Right, you're probably right. You don't play softball. You won't know something kid once. He's real, simple, ah amn is real.
Speaker 6: And I think in a lot of ways, the guy that shattered him his entire career in a lot of ways and shared the ring with him. Connective tissue from the earliest WCW days and the skyscrapers through to the WWF and the top of the WWF, all the way through into Sid's WCW Return the guy he probably headlined with more than anybody and swapped more titles with Kevin Nash himself put it this way visav Softball and VISA V Life reflecting on the passing of Sid on this podcast.
Speaker 13: Obviously he's right, he's he's passed on at sixty three years old. He didn't miss those fucking softball games. He went and did it what the fuck he wanted to do, because when he was forty years old, fucking they wanted to push him, and he said, I'm in the middle of a tournament right now, and they all said, oh, Sid don't know what the fuck he's doing. Well, when Sid got brain cancer, he fucking I guarantee you if I said, said, I am so fucking glad that I didn't have these motherfuckers, glad.
Speaker 2: I took that that I took, my time, took my fucker did it his way, right, It's true. Yeah, yeah, there is some truth in that, no question. And we know Sid.
Speaker 6: In his own way found God as a man who self admittedly never went to church, did not interestingly enough, considered the part of the country he grew up in, and how conversing he seemed to be in that Israel promo about Biblical verses and Pentecostal and Episcopalian denominations and using, you know, his understanding of religion to get heat, not somebody who was who's very, very church going. But we know that eventually he found Saint Mary's Cathedral in Memphis, he found the weekly pop top lunches. And I don't know what to say other than for the last several years of his life, there was a little more on his mind than this church, in this meal program that he found for for for the homeless and less fortunate in Memphis. And I thought, in the spirit of that, I'd put together a little final ode to a love story the likes of which we never expected to uncover here on our tribute to sid mister Judy's affection, bond and holy matrimony the Viginnas.
Speaker 10: He sent my church a case of Vienna sausages, and I sent him an autograph picture. I'm not saying I'm a Christian, but I.
Speaker 11: Do go to church and into things I like.
Speaker 7: During Saturday mornings, we go over there.
Speaker 2: It's called pop tops.
Speaker 7: To about nine.
Speaker 26: Thirty weeks with them.
Speaker 11: I'm bag the bags, got your kids being the sausages and pack the packers a.
Speaker 7: Moon town, a bottle of water, and they did a.
Speaker 2: Little bag of ladies or something.
Speaker 26: I think you out about either one hundred hundred of those every Saturday, and if just in case, uh, there's a there's a big fan of virus robb out there.
Speaker 13: His name is Joe.
Speaker 15: I don't remember his last name.
Speaker 14: But he actually sent some either some Deanna sausages for my charity or he sent some vitamins for my charity, children's vitamins.
Speaker 13: Oh really, and he.
Speaker 14: Calls me all the times and bugs eat Pete, bugs the ship out of me. But he's he's uh, he moves from Washington. He's running away from the coronavirus. He moved to Indianapolis outside of there and started he works Worth casino and all of a sudden, now he's laid off. You know, he's trying to move to my house. Joe, you can't come here. Who's the deacon who? Again, he doesn't get paid, never been paid, ten or twenty years. He's been there af forget how long. But he's given over two hundred and fifty thousand cans of Viennas over the last ten years or so, that maybe in the future we might all try to get the other together and make a little drive sensivienna sausages or something like that.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 14: I used to tell people to send Vienna's to them because I didn't want to be in the middle. I didn't want to receive money and nothing. But talking to Drew about one of the things we could do, and I don't what do you want to do it right now? Till we get, you know, find more about it. That we can send it to Saint Mary's Cathedral, to.
Speaker 22: The church under under Drew woods Woodruff under discretionary funds, and he could use that because we're able to go now to what's called the food things, and we're instead of paying forty to fifty cents acand of Vienna's, we're able to pay a pen times for them if they have them, you know, because you buy it by the pound.
Speaker 2: It's pretty tough to to someone know they can't have a Canavannas? All right?
Speaker 15: Is it?
Speaker 14: Any last words?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 14: I just want everyone to that are interested for this is you know, the new year, and let's I'll keep ourselves with that thought in mind, and let's try to do more positive things. I do want to say something real quick too. I'm not sure. One day this month, I'm going to be doing a radio broadcast with the bishop of our church, and they're going to talk about what we do on Wednesdays and Saturday mornings is called pop tops. The pop top means exactly that it's either a Canaviannas or a Canna tuna or a spam or something like that. We put in a bag, pack of crackers, a bottle of water, h maybe a moon pie, bag of raising. That's what we give to people that, you know, you know, homeless. I don't like to use the word homeless. We like to say the ones that are miss unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Right now, I think we all hope, boss, that we can find our own can of Viennas, don't we. I mean, that's that's the dream.
Speaker 19: N know.
Speaker 2: I had it on. I had you know, my mute button on because I just want to let that play out. But I was hurting, hurting every time he fucking talked about Vienna's. I mean, what the fuck, hosages?
Speaker 6: I didn't expect when we launched our tribute to Sid, after all the memories he gave us in the ring and then being so formative during the Galory days, the Golden era, the Hasbro era, that after tribute and serenading that another gift he would give us is we can never look at a can of Vienna's on a shelf and a family dollar the same again. I'm gonna think of this man whenever I see any canned meet for the rest of my life. And a possession that Sid valued towards his final days and his twilight, and a lot of people didn't know was his twilight when he was doing things like this, but it was was get his hands on another tractor, said in his podcast, you know the other day, got a tractor. Got that gonna landscaping business pretty much, it's just tractors doing a lot of bush hogging. And said also got him some commercial property and residential property.
Speaker 2: Got a good crew. You know, before he got into wrestling, he was a farmer.
Speaker 6: He would walk with his childhood friend and follow the railroad tracks and hunt their way all the way to the Mississippian back and it'spent hours and hours and hours in the brush and the fields and the planes and all the rest, and he went through to years as a chemical salesman in the agricultural business, cited all those years later as perhaps a contributing cause of his cancer. But for said, you know, even if it ironically wasn't the wrestling business that got him, though it certainly did him in if it was in fact the other career, the parallel life he led, the Bucolic farm life that he led his true north after all of a sudden, done nothing.
Speaker 7: Better for me.
Speaker 15: In the morning, get it at three thirty, go to the gym, be home by six thirty, and be on my tractor heading to the field about six forty five. That to me was one of the greatest feelings of the world. Is already had half a day by me, and as sun rises and I'm going out there and I'm starting the second part of my day at six thirty when everybody else is still asleep. And that's what you get as a farmer. It's that kind of gratification. And I love those days like that, you know. I love being out in the field like that. And it's been a lot of fun doing that, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Boss.
Speaker 6: We started this TLF tribute to Sid, who in so many ways is his tlfx's at Cats Good Story couldn't be a better fit to enter our tenth year of podcasting. We started this wondering how this man was able to go around for so many years saying I am the Master and the Ruler of the world. Yes, and no one batter Dean I. No one let out a chuckle. No one seemed to think that the phrase, despite being patently absurd, strain credulity all after taking stock of his life and times. Maybe the reason, Boss, I think I got it that it never seemed like a stretch for Sid to claim that he was the Master and the ruler of the world. Maybe it was because he was in his own world all along, And in the final analysis, it seems everyone was grateful for the time that they got to spend in it with him.
Speaker 1: Leading announcement as a teach to Santus Production its contents is intended for private use only.