Speaker 1: The heart of the nation's capital. This is a Jim Acosta Show special report. All right, welcome to the Jim Acosta Show. It's another day that ends. And why in Donald Trump alienating America's closest allies. Somebody who is not being alienated these days is Natalie Harp. Despite all of the negative attention that Trump's a strange relationship with Harp is receiving these days, she was very much in front of the cameras all weekend long during the DC Grand Prix. Let's discuss with our returning champions, Molly john Fast of Fast Politics and Rick Wilson of Lincoln Square. Guys, great to see both of you. Thanks, good to see you. And Molly, you were just asking me a few months ago. No, it's not nighttime in DC. This is just my set. It's just, you know, it's.
Speaker 2: Always nighttime on the FASTA.
Speaker 1: Show, but you know people watch this stuff at other times of day, so it's you know, it's an evergreen set. It works, it works, and apparently Natalie Harp works for Donald Trump. I don't know this is that's a terrible segue and we're going to get into this. But the other thing that I.
Speaker 3: Wanted to do.
Speaker 1: Correct, there we go. It's already lots of terking, lots of twerking, which I still don't know what that is, but we'll get to that later. The other thing that is talking these days, I guess is Scott Besson. I don't know if that's a segue, but uh, you know, he I don't even want to think about that visual, but you know, he came out today an unleashed economic D Day on the Iranians, which, as it turns out, is just more threats, which thank goodness, that's not what the original D Day was all about.
Speaker 3: Rick.
Speaker 1: If the original D Day had just been threats, we'd all be speaking German right now, but we would.
Speaker 4: And I gotta say I, I you know, I watched this sort of performative chest thumping stuff that these guys do all the time, and it just seems to be less and less effective as time goes by. The Iranians have been threatened with everything including nuclear weapons destroying their civilization, and now they're like, oh sanctions, we well, that'll hurt. You know, they just don't care anymore because they know Trump will either taco or it won't matter, or or they'll find other ways to get what they want, because you know, remember the day trump'as I'm going to impose terrible, terrible sanctions in any country that's helping Iran will pay a terrible price. Well, the two countries that are helping Iran the most right now are Russia and China, and I've heard nothing about it. Weirdly enough, Russia is not going to pay any terrible price. Oddly enough, I don't know why. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Moley, they did the math and they figured out that well, to punish those countries that help Iran, they would have to punish the countries that Trump is the closest with the dictator.
Speaker 3: Of Korea, but Russia, China.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it shows what Trump is just there's no way out of this dumb self inflicted injury. And it's like this in higher administration is just self inflicted injury after self inflicted injury after self inflicted injury. So here's another one. You know, anyone who had read a book knew that if you went into Iran, a country of eighty million people, you would have a very big, expensive problem. And it would and it could even be as bad as them closing the straits, which is exactly what they did, which gave them proof of concept that they had a lot more power than a lot of us thought they did. And now Trump is nowhere, right, he just want really all he wants for the Straits to reopen. He doesn't even you know, nuclear dust, nuclear whatever. I think he just wants out before the midterms. And you know, he's done so much of these like we're closed to peace talks, things that the oil markets no longer react him, and even honestly, when they did, it was still proof that he was driving up the oil prices, which in itself is bad.
Speaker 1: Right, And then he also wants to have this trade war with Canada, and I guess Trump put out a truth social post today that said, well, if you don't do a bunch of things, I'm going to do something on January first of twenty twenty seven, which you know, yeah, I mean this could all be costly, I suppose between now and then from a trade perspective.
Speaker 3: Rick.
Speaker 1: But also that's not really bringing D Day energy either.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Look, Donald Trump going to war with Canada is embodied by a quote I saw someone say the day the guy who supposedly the master of negotiation blows a deal with the nicest country on Earth. And Trump's weird obsession with Canada comes down to one big thing, and that is that Mark Carney is so intellectually superior to Donald Trump in every dimension.
Speaker 3: Trump knows him, he hates.
Speaker 4: It, and he really has this sense that Canada owes him something that somehow. You know, when JD Vance today came out in Maine and said Canada could be invaded by any neighboring country, I'm like, who are you talking about, JD.
Speaker 3: What neighboring country would you be referring to?
Speaker 1: Right, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I would just ask that.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 2: This is also another example of Trump doing stupid stuff right before the midterms. Right, yes, Canada trades with Michigan, trades with Maine, trades.
Speaker 3: With Alaska, Alaska, all.
Speaker 2: States that now Donald Trumps that have senators up that he needs Republicans to win in order to not you know, to be able to put judges on the courts and to do other things. And now he has once again reminded everyone about these dumb tariffs which have made everything more expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and speaking of dumb, the Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy, who spends a lot of time working on documentaries about his family reality TV shows about his family. He insulted the Canadians and said something really dumb, and I think we could play this. I don't want the benefit of trading with Canada.
Speaker 5: It's a country that doesn't have a military. It has a country that has a single pair of healthcare system that's failing. They have record high youth in Asia rates, and so to think that they're going to go to war with Donald Trump and actually win that war with the US, I think it's foolish on their part. Well, the president's calling them out. I think you're going to see Mark.
Speaker 1: Canada is just a maple infused hellscape up there, and they don't have a military. Apparently, you ask any you.
Speaker 4: Ask any American Marine, or any American Special operator, or most American Army units that served in Afghanistan in particular, if the Canadians have a military.
Speaker 3: Because they were right.
Speaker 4: Shoulder to shoulder with us in the worst possible fights during the long period of time we were in Afghanistan. They were absolutely some of the most courageous troops in the world. They flew air cover with their fighter aircraft in both Iraq and Afghanistan. The Canadians have been staunch allies of ours. It's a deep insult. But Sean Duffy is a reality TV moron, much like Donald Trump is a reality TV moron. And the malice that he's feeding the Fox News audience. It's like, the only fight they think they can win, We're gonna take on Canada because they've lost with Iran. They're on the wrong side of the war in Ukraine.
Speaker 3: Europe treats Trump now as a joke and a footnote.
Speaker 4: The rest of the world is laughing at us as we dismantle our military in this insane waste of weapons in the Iran war. And so they're one boogieyman now is Canada. What are they gonna do next, bring up freedom fries or something.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just absurd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even understand how this works from a culture war perspective.
Speaker 2: Molly, Well, look, if you're in a war that was a South Park episode, you may be in a little bit of trouble, right. It's like, this is so clearly and last time they tried to go to war with Mexico and they tried to go to war with the cartels. I mean, it's two things. Right. It's a distraction from the other distractions, which is a distraction from a distraction, you know, like right, the war in Iran was a distraction from the Epstein files was a distraction. I mean, the Natalie Harp story is a distraction maybe from the higher prices. I mean, who even knows? The problem is? Like Trump is so focused on I mean in a weird way. He's really just focused on his decorating projects in Washington, d C. I don't think he's very focused on anything else at this point. But you know, there is this sense in which the administration is constantly trying to keep balls in the air to distract from other balls in the air. It's exhausting, and I don't think it's working.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and I'd hate to use that as a segue to Natalie are but but yes, there are balls in the air. That's very true these days and over. I don't know. I'm sorry, literally, Rick Wilson is here. I am on my worst behavior. I think that's what it is. But I can always make the room less professional.
Speaker 3: I have a shirt now that says go ahead, call hr.
Speaker 1: No. But you know the thing, this this Natalie Harp thing. I haven't really had a chance to talk with you guys about this. It is kind of like a dumb distraction in a way, in that I don't know why we're spending time talking about Natalie Harp. She is. She's a failed an anchor who used to peddle January sixth conspiracy theories and now she's I guess, I don't know. She's not really a heartbeat away from the presidency, but you know, she's she's like a big mac bag away from the presidency. I don't know what it is, but you know, but Rick, you know, there she is at the Grand Prix in DC every the weekend. She's talking to Eric Trump. The camera's picked up on.
Speaker 3: That I'm your new mommy now Eric, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Eric's asking for tips on getting his dad to like him better. And then there's this other image of when Malania is sitting there next to Trump. She gets up in a hurry as soon as Natalie Harp arrives on this. This whole thing is so weird. I know we're probably reading into this way too much, but it's just weird. It's been weird, it's still weird. It's going to be weird. For a long time.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Look, Donald Trump, notoriously throughout his life has not been the strictest adherent to his marriage vows. But now this story is being brought out into the light, not just because he has.
Speaker 3: Some unusual relationship with Natalie Harp.
Speaker 4: What it is None of us have been in the room with them, but we can all see enough of the display of what's going on to understand this isn't normal. This isn't making the other professionals in the White House feel like things are under control. And honestly, Jim and Molly, this is.
Speaker 3: This is a war being.
Speaker 4: Waged by people inside the White House, Susie Wiles and others who now know that Natalie Harp has more power because of her proximity, because, as we all know Donald Trump, one of his big rules is he listens to whoever the last person in the room is, and Natalie is now the last person in every room.
Speaker 1: Almost yeah, yeah, Mollie, what I mean, what have you made of this whole thing? I mean, I know that we're we've been told, you know, we shouldn't be supposing things. And is it.
Speaker 2: Thrice married adulterer who has had to pay off numerous women for various things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is that.
Speaker 2: Let's give him the benefit of the down I mean, I'm just saying that, like in a normal world, you would say, a guy like this, who has this kind of track record is maybe you would wonder about him hanging out with a gorgeous thirty five year old who has written him numerous letters about how he's saved her life life and how you might think he adores him. I would say, Look, if this were Barack Obama and he had a gorgeous thirty five year old who was with him all the time, that's true, and you would be every the daily mail every day.
Speaker 4: But want to get to the age difference, it would be if he had a gorgeous sixteen year old, right.
Speaker 2: But I mean even if he had, it would be his girl Friday. I mean even you know, Like so, I just wonder why Donald Trump gets the benefit of the doubt here. And I also would add, you know, the security clearance stuff, where she did not have a security did not want a security clearance. You know, this is in like this white house is so is so removed from what a normal white house is supposed to look like that this is a really good example of that.
Speaker 4: No, and I think particular I'm sorry, there's a particular clearance that White House staffers who work in immediate physical proximity to the President have to get. It's not about the usual secret, top secret sci clearances it used to be called. I think it's still as I don't know, a Yankee White clearance where you had to be really given a background check. And Natalie Harpon didn't get one, just didn't bother, just didn't bother, and she didn't have a clearance until the President ordered DISCA to give her a clear the clearance people to give her a clearance. So you know, do I think Natalie harp is a secret to Ronnie Assassin. No, But but the weirdness of it just keeps piling up and up and up and up, and the White House is reacting and mah, you've talked a lot about this. The White House reacted so badly to this, and MAGA inc. Reacted so badly to this that it keeps the story going. It's going for this is a second week of this now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, the reaction was stry saying effect all over it. I mean, just the Stephen Sung being like, how dare John ass up imply anything. And look, had they just not said anything, it would have gone away. And I also think had she just laid low, it would have gone away. But neither thing that's happened, right. They was everywhere, She's everywhere, and I mean, I guess they don't care. I guess that they feel like evangelicals are so bought into them it doesn't matter what the optics are. But if you think about it, if you are cruising into a midterm and you want to win, you would be doing certain things that Donald Trump is not doing at all, right, and.
Speaker 1: You're so right in the way that they try to suppress the story and yell at the press for talking about it and blow their tops at people like John Assa for just bringing it up. You know, it is sort of like putting a giant red bullseye over the whole thing, I guess over the week. And the other thing that they did was they yelled at the press pool for getting video of the presidential suite. I don't know, at the Grand Prix race, I don't know, we have a little video of that. But they were just like told over and over again, guys, you know, no cameras on the presidential suite and they the press complied and this guy comes over from the ground.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know why they were yelling at them to get the cameras off the president. I don't But also.
Speaker 2: If you're an administration that's running in a midterm and you made gas more expensive, like about a dollar more expensive, do you really want to do a car race? Like is that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: You have him driving the beast you have, you know, let's focus on car racing because cars don't run on gas. Yeah, you've made more expensive.
Speaker 1: Right, we're at the entertaining grandpa stage of the presidency right now. They're just as we're at. Yeah. But and today apparently he's he's taking kids on a tour of the helipad again, like he's just into like, look at this cool shit I got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, look, I think I'm Alway's point at the about you know, putting on a car race in the time of a national gas crisis. We're not patrolling reserves are at their very you know, very bottom. Tone deafness is a part of Trump, It's a feature of Trump. But I think the tone deafness has gotten especially given the midterms, as Molly just mentioned given the midterms, we are increasingly watching even Trump's supporters roll their eyes and go, okay, stop, please just stop talking. It hurts the ball team, hurts the ball club. You know the famous line from Bull Durham. Don't think it hurts the ball club, right. They want him to shut up, they want him to go away, they want him to be quiet. They need a few uninterrupted days of being able to message what they're trying to message. And every Republican candidate running for Congress now out. They're empty town halls. They don't do public events. They run like a scolded dog away from from the White House or surrogates. I mean Susan Collins today, I think is in somewhere like in Mongolia, rather than to be in Maine while jd.
Speaker 3: Vance is campaigning for her in May.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: It is really remarkable to me the candidates now know how bad he is for them. They get it now, they're they're they're avoiding him like the plague.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and Molly, there's a New York Times story that's talk talking about Alaska being in play, talking about the Iowa be in play, all of these states that I was like in Alaska. They've got Dan Sullivan running against Dan Sullivan against I don't that's like the Spider Man meme. I don't understand that.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of people in Alaska named Dan Sullivan apparently actually a very common name. So there is some method to this madness. But there is a liberal Dan Sullivan who is running as a sort of spoiler candidate. He says he's not, but he really is. There's uh, there's Mary Petola. There's this other Dan Sullivan who has the sendency. But here's what I would say about Alaska. If you're watching Alaska, you just saw a nonpartisan primary where Mary Petola won by four points or something. So that if you're the Republican senator, if you're the incumbent your and your name is Dan Sullivan, which it is, you're feeling a little bit nervous. And I think the fundamental problem with trump Ism, which has always been true, even in twenty eighteen, though in twenty eighteen he wasn't pulling under forty percent. Now he's pulling under forty percent. But the fundamental problem with trump Ism has always been if you want maga voters, you alienate the middle and it works if you can get the low frequency voters out there. But since Trump is not on the ticket and Trump is unpopular, and there's been a big split in MAGA with the Tucker and Megan crew saying like no more or foreign wars, I'm not sure you have you can get.
Speaker 1: That coalition back, right And Rick, I mean, I saw USA today was reporting and I think they were just picking up on a recent poll that found that Trump is underwater in forty seven states, including the disc well, I think, as well as the district of Columbia. And so that means like West Virginia, Idaho, and I don't know, Wyoming and Wyoming of course Wyoming. Yes, that those are the only places where he's above fifty percent. Look, he's eleven.
Speaker 4: Points underwater in Florida, He's fourteen points underwater in Alabama. Wow, I mean, this is this is a world that we've never been in before. As as Molly said, in twenty eighteen, he was Trump was still net positive on his approval nationally. He was net positive by I think about almost twenty points on the economy in twenty eighteen. Still, and now Trump is net negative almost everywhere he is.
Speaker 3: He is on the issues that Matt.
Speaker 4: You asked voters what they care about most prices and inflation, and he's the lowest underwater on prices and inflation by almost fifty points underwater in most surveys. This is a weird recipe that we don't we haven't really tracked this before. But with Republicans having basically glued themselves to Trump and in every policy, you know, they can't come out against the tariffs, even though the tariffs are causing a lot of this, because Trump will be mad. They can't come out against the war because Trump will be mad right now.
Speaker 1: But here's this is why if you're playing with that kind of hand as the Democrats, and I don't. I'm not saying this to get Ricked to pop off here, but I'm saying it to get Rick to pop off here. If you're Hakeem Jeffries, why do you meet with Jared Kushner. This was the most confounding thing of the weekend. They're playing with House money right now, Republicans, it's tough all over. I don't understand if you're the House minority leader, why you're doing anything other than Okay, which guy are we going to impeach? First? Like that would be well.
Speaker 2: I mean, and I have gained this out a couple of we have different theories. You go first with your theory.
Speaker 1: But I have another theory.
Speaker 4: I've come to be closer to your theory that you had yesterday when we and I were talking, that that this is a donor of some stature. It's close to both of them. I had a tumor theory for a while. I think yours is more accurate. I really thought about it last night. But Jim, the fundamental problem here is no matter who set up this dream date, jakeem Jeffrey should have absolutely never walked into that room. There is no world in which Jared Kushner is A is A is A is a legitimate interlocertor in any of these discussions. What they wanted was to go into him and say, hey, you know, you guys, maybe back down those crazy guys a little bit about impeaching Trump and we can do some bipartisan deals together. And no matter what Jeffries thinks he got in that room, you never have a deal with Trump. He can change it in the last possible minute, and he always does. This was foolish at a level. If a Keem's staff leaked the story.
Speaker 3: They should be fired.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if a Keem Steph let him go to this thing, they should be fired.
Speaker 1: I almost wonder if Jared people just make mischief, you know, they.
Speaker 2: Were even just to elevate Jared j Remember Jared has no elected position. He's serving at the present at the pleasure of his father in law. He's making money at every which way. So for him, the more elevated he seems, the more. And remember so much of this Trump why has about labbying. It's about getting out of the admin or being out of the admin and making money in every which way. So if you're Jared Kushner, you want people to think that you're gonna have influence in the next administration and in the next you know phase, and that may be a phase of his his father and getting impeached again and again and again. But I'm telling you this will I think ultimately hurt Jeffries because you're going to if Democrats flip the House, they're going to have this big vote and we're going to see I think Jeffrey's going to be in a lot of trouble.
Speaker 3: Molly, I could not agree more. I think he's gonna.
Speaker 4: I think, you know, the idea that that Jared was doing this to set up lobbying business is really smart because now I can go to this audience and go, hey, you know, we're good with this, We're good with the speaker.
Speaker 3: Keep keep giving me money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but but there's no world this helps hocking Jeffries or Democratic candidates. The Democratic base wants. What Trump always promised is retribution for the harm he's caused with the war, for the harmony's cause, with with the tariffs, for the harmony's cost to our farmers, for the harmony's cost to people in the streets, Americans getting killed in the streets.
Speaker 3: People are angry.
Speaker 4: They want accountability and and and playing foot seat with Jared Kushner is not the way to start that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no scenario in which this makes sense. And to me, you know, right now, the base of the Democratic Party they want a flamethrower. They don't want a time machine back to the days of Joe Biden and Merrick Carlan, where it's like, well maybe, well just let's see how this works out. Maybe if we don't cool.
Speaker 2: The only way this makes sense is if there's a high level donor who gives a lot of money to Democrats and gives money to Trump or you know, and there are a bunch in that Vanda and they say to Keem, you want to keep the donations from us, so you have to go and meet with Jared, and Jared has every reason to do it. And then they sit down and they meet and you know it's to do something like that or the appearance of that. That's the only world in which any of this makes sense, because otherwise Keem is there's just in my mind, this is the only way this makes sense. And ultimately I think a Keem ends up punished for it.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if it's enough where he doesn't become the Speaker of the House, but he may get himself a challenge. Now, which if you know, if the Democrats, if and when the Democrats take over, that's not good for starting things off. You know, if and when we have actual elections in the fall, you know, if that goes through, but that, how does that help?
Speaker 2: Definitely getting a challenger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd put easy money on that for Rocanna, something like that time to.
Speaker 1: Go on market exactly right.
Speaker 2: There's also just not there's the incentive structure is such, especially where the bases right now, that that person will be rewarded and it will elevate them even if they don't win. So it just it's in my mind. I don't know, Rick, who you think it might be, but I think it's.
Speaker 4: You know, I look through the comments on the YouTube video I did about this this morning, and the name that came up more often than anybody else was Jamie Raskin. Because he's a frontline fighter. He goes out and gets mixes it up.
Speaker 2: Hard to see rask.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's not a backslapping fundraising machine like hakem Is. And while you want that, or you traditionally have wanted that, you know what, I what I what I think people would want more than anything else, is a time machining. But snatch Nancy Pelosi from twenty five years ago and bring her.
Speaker 3: Back to rayin Havoc.
Speaker 4: Even twenty sure, even twenty we're ten ten.
Speaker 1: I mean when she went toe to toe with Trump over at the White House and got him to accept responsibility for one of those government shutdowns. I mean, she put walking down, put the glasses on, you know. But we're not going back to those days. I must go ahead.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you'll see. I mean they're Hakeem has the CBC behind him, and that's a very powerful caucus film people who are really who know what they're doing. But I still think there'll be someone there'll be a challenger. I don't think it'll be someone like Uh. I don't think it'll be Asking because I think he's older and has sort of respect for the work it's going to need to be. If somebody does it, it will be someone young who's like an upstart. But I definitely could see it happening.
Speaker 4: He needs, Hakim needs to show between now an election day a much higher level of aggression against the Trump administration than he has so far. That will help him avoid a speaker fight and it will set the tone in the predicate for January of next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, guys, I'm gonna wave the checkered flag on this conversation. But good to see both of you. Really appreciate Broom as always, my friend. Thanks so much for having guys take care guys. See, Yeah, thanks so much, you know, and we have to, you know, keep the conversation going. I think on Natalie Harp, I mean you as Molly and Rick were saying a few moments ago. You would have think after the week they had last week that maybe they would have said, hey, Natalie, maybe you should have the weekend off that did not take place. And I know our friend Tara palm Mary she's been reporting on this too.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: She is the host of The Red Letter and the Tara Palmery Show. Tara, great to see you.
Speaker 7: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: Jim.
Speaker 7: It's great to see you too.
Speaker 1: Always always great to see you. Great to be in touch. It's been far too long, and it looks great. I've got to do that. You've got to and yours has got a red theme going there. I like it.
Speaker 7: It is, it is the Red Letter.
Speaker 6: This is actually where I work, so it's both a set and my actual desk where I do reporting.
Speaker 7: But I figured i'd give it a shout out. Why not terrific?
Speaker 1: No, it looks great, and I mean it's just a sign of independent media. It's rising on all fronts here. And I guess you've got the red curtains there that Trump had the green flag over the weekend and we saw, you know, even in that shot. I don't know if we can show that again, but even in that shot, you see Milania and you see Natalie Harp. I mean it, it's just so weird that Natalie Harp was everywhere over the weekend, despite the fact that you know, she has been so controversial. I mean, there she is, you know, behind Milania at the very start of this race or whatever, and where I didn't go to it. No, I was out of town. I didn't want it. I didn't want to deal with all the hassle of all that traffic going down. Did you go to it? No?
Speaker 7: I didn't.
Speaker 6: But my reporter Abby Baker, she was going to go, and she just told me that it was completely debt that like no one showed up.
Speaker 7: It was kind of a pity wow.
Speaker 6: Really having all this money for freedom two fifty in America to fifty these you know, semi quincentennial events and again like the Great American State Fair, they're empty. I just think that's fascinating, Like what a waste of money.
Speaker 1: A massive waste of money. And you know what the problem is is that they made this all about Donald Trump. You know, I think if people saw in the I mean I because I thought it was cool that there was going to be a car race in DC, and I thought for Oh, maybe maybe I'll go down and grab a beer and check it out. That might be cool. But when they said, oh, he's going to take a lap in the Beast, or he's going to buzz the race and Air Force one and all this in the Katari, I was like, nobody wants to do Anybody from the DMV doesn't want to do that. They just's they don't like thinking about him as it is. So you're going to spend your weekend celebrating No, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: And if it's a tourist event too, I mean, you would want to get as many people as possible. You wouldn't want to just bring out Republicans like you'd want to bring out Democrats as well.
Speaker 7: But yeah, it's interesting to say the least.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I know, and I know you've been doing some reporting on the Natalie Harp thing, and you talk to Mark Caputo, who's a really good reporter over at Axios covers a lot of this stuff, and you've been getting into why a lot of these aids are heading for the exits, people like Caroline Levitt And I guess Trump's what Legislative Affairs director.
Speaker 7: He's gone Warrington, he's the Council.
Speaker 1: He's the council.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but there was a legislative affairs guy who's also leaving as well. It's fifty percent of the people on his top team have left in the first year. Now, that's not like the that's not like the first term first year, which was ninety two percent according to Brookings.
Speaker 7: So you could say.
Speaker 6: He's doing a little bit better. But yeah, that's my latest piece in the Red Letter. Everybody go check it out. But it was interesting to think about it. So everyone's heading for the exits right now. They clearly think that it's not They're not gonna get much done in the next term. It's still time to cash out, as one does in Washington, DC, unfortunately. But Mark is always so interesting his perspective. He had a funny, funny nickname that so everyone calls Natalie Harp the human printer because she carries around a printer for Trump and she's constantly printing out these right, these tweets, these articles that make him feel good, right, that put him in a good mood. They're positive reinforcement. And I actually wrote about this back at Politico in twenty seventeen that they were doing this because they were trying to use pause reinforcement to get yes. Well it's still happening now, but they've given up on trying to stop him from tweeting. But she's the one who does it, so she's like the emotional support animal staffer, et cetera. But Trump actually has a nickname for her, and it's not the human printer. It's my conveyor belt.
Speaker 1: Okay, my conveyor belt.
Speaker 7: That's it's weird.
Speaker 6: And apparently, according to Mark, it's because she gives him everything he needs. What does that mean? I know, very weird. So he has his own nickname for her. Obviously, this relationship is that bizarre that no one can witness it without coming up with some bizarre equip about her and how she exists as a human being, which is kind of sad. And it just seems like everything inside of the White House is just.
Speaker 7: Weird right now.
Speaker 6: I mean, he was telling me, while we see that Americans are suffering right because it's so expensive. Inflation is up, there's cost of gas is insane, We've got a war rawn and there's just a feeling like that we're unsure of what's going on in the country. I mean, his whull numbers are sliding. It's it's he's in the thirties right now, brutal. And he just brings a bunch of reporters out onto the White House lawn like completely unprompted to show them the grass, to show them his new grass.
Speaker 1: It's like so strange, it's very weird.
Speaker 6: And then he shows up the ballroom, he shows them all the things he's working on. So he's clearly just thinking about his legacy and he's, you know, a real estate developer. What can he leave behind? And it just shows you how checked out he is. And according to Mark, Mark has told me this for months and which I didn't want to believe him, but now I am actually starting to believe him.
Speaker 7: Is that he's just having a great time.
Speaker 6: He's having a ball Trump And maybe he is having a ball because every time he has a sniff that things are not going well, his team of yes men, no, none of them are telling him the truth. And then Natalie's there printing off a tweet an X could just be a random commenter making him feel soothed, right.
Speaker 1: That's what she does. She her function, it seems to me, is that she kind of keeps him in his bubble. She's the one who keeps him insulated from the real world. She's the one who feeds him the steady stream of you know, positive tweets or this person said something nice about you, or look at this article over here about you know, the fountain is working again at such and such park. And I think that's that's her use to him, And I think that's why she he does refer to her as the human conveyor belt, because you know, she she'll tender you know, she'll tend to his every need. And I just find it to be the strangest thing. I don't remember. And Terry, you were there during the first term too. There were people like Hoe Picks and Michael Cohen. To some extent, there were aids like Johnny mcintee and that sort of thing, and Dan Scavino. But she really is kind of like the emotional what you said, emotional supporting. That's there wasn't anybody like that. She's like the super fan cult follower who will always make him feel good. Yeah, so strange.
Speaker 7: It is weird. I mean, this is to another level.
Speaker 6: He's always had these women that work for him, that are always around, like yeah, that he's like I wrote this actually back at Politico in twenty seventeen. It was like, get me Rona, and Rona grab this woman that worked for him for many, many years.
Speaker 7: And I remember when I was.
Speaker 6: A young reporter at the New York Post almost twenty years ago, I used to try to get to Trump through Rona. I'd call her and he would she would patch him in and like she was seemed to be around twenty four hours a day because he always wanted to talk to the press about anything.
Speaker 7: We called him a rental quote.
Speaker 6: But yeah, he he has always had sort of like a doting female aid around him at all times, and she was sort of like institutional level. I remember John Katzimatini told me if I wanted to get something in Trump's ear, I went through Rona, And I think that's how it is now with Natalie. If you want to get something in Trump's ear, got to go through Natalie. Now, what is a little concerning about Natalie is that Natalie apparently did not have security clearance for a full year.
Speaker 1: That's insane to me, that's.
Speaker 6: So crazydent, And she didn't even get basic security clearance. Not to mention she worked at the one America News Network, which is right, very pro Kremlin, it is.
Speaker 1: And also very pro insurrection and pro you know, election denialism and so on. And I was wondering, you know this, and maybe it's going to be reported out by somebody over the coming days, But you know, what was it that you know, Natalie Hart was concerned about in terms of not getting the security clearance? What was going on? Were they concerned that they would talk to her family because apparently that there's a brother, her brother has been saying that there's something wrong with her. Yeah, And you know, I don't know. It just seems to me that you don't get a security clearance or you try to avoid getting a security clearance when there's going to be a problem with your security clearance. I have known, and you've probably known people in Trump's orbit over the years who didn't go work in the White House during the first or the second administration because they probably couldn't pass a security clearance check. And so that's that's why they.
Speaker 6: For ten of them being escorted off the White House grounds year one.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, And so that's that's been my thought on all of this, is that maybe there's something going on with that I don't know.
Speaker 7: Well now it just seems like there are no rules at all.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, no, it's true. And the other thing I want to get to and I don't love talking about him anymore because I don't want to give oxygen to people who I just I guess I've realized they're just grifters and the just who they are. Michael Cohen and I was talking to Steve Schmidt about this over the weekend or on Friday, and he was like, you have to talk to Terra Poal, Mary, you have to talk terror Pom. Mary. She did a great job on Michael Cohen and I guess you did a story the other day Michael asked me for President Trump's phone number. This is in June of last year, which, by the way, was was around the time I was still having him on the show from my show time to time, and I stopped having him on when we started to talking about Epstein and he wouldn't give me a straight answer on Epstein, and I was like, I can't have this guy. What is this ship and so? And I know you kind of interrogated him on this, but tell us about your thoughts on how this thing is turned back around again. I described Sieve Schmid as selling your soul to somebody, starting to get pieces of it back, and then selling them those pieces back to the same person.
Speaker 6: Again, I've never seen that doing a lot of recycling. I don't know what we're going right now. So yeah, Michael Cohen called me in June of twenty twenty five, that was fourteen months ago, and this was before Pamboni said case clothes on the Epstein Files. And he said to me, Tara, I know you have Trump's number because I had just done I just called him on my show and he's angry or something and he'said, can you give me his number? And I was like, you know, at this point, it was like everybody had number. And I was like, all right, you can have. What am I going to say? And so I was like fine? And he said to me, Tarror, and I was like, why, Like what do you think?
Speaker 7: Why do you want to talk to him?
Speaker 6: Like you've made your entire career in the past eight years basically you as.
Speaker 1: His crashing, crashing him.
Speaker 6: He's like number one en, I mean really yeah, and sold multiple books, substacks, podcast, all of it's a He's a Trump trashing machine.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's what he is.
Speaker 1: And I I thought he had a genuine change of heart. And I will tell you what a sucker I was. What a fool I was to believe that, and I should have and I feel awful about it.
Speaker 6: I feel My mom said to me one time when she saw me on his show, she goes, Tara, she wouldn't be on his show, and I said, yeah, you know what, You're probably right, mom, And this was like a few months earlier, and she's like, I don't know, I don't trust that guy. And you brought ladies from Jersey and so I always I held onto that. But then you know, I gave him the number and he said to me, he said to me, he said, I think I can get back with him. He said, really, Michael, he really think so after all that, and he goes, yeah, I just know what to say to him. I know him better than anyone else. And it was about a pardon. I mean, he trashed Biden for not giving up pardon. He said when he gave Hunter a pardon and he didn't get one, I'm someone's son too, And so I gave him the number. And I didn't really think much about it until I saw him on MS NOW because I didn't think. I thought maybe Michael tries Trump does an answer whatever. Yeah, I see him now two months later and he's talking about Epstein and he's saying, if Trump says he wasn't on the plane, he wasn't on the plane.
Speaker 7: I know Trump. He says it three or four times, he wasn't on the plane.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, wait a minute, something feels different here, and the host thought yeah. The host didn't push back, and like, I have been following this story at Epstein forever. And I knew that Michael Cohen was around during Katie Johnson case that came across his desk because he was the fixer. He handled Karen McDougall, he handled Stormy Daniels. When a woman says that she was raped by President Trump claims it in a court filing right before that date, right before the twenty sixteen election, that is something that Michael Cohen handles. So I texted Michael, I says, you know, I saw you, I saw you in MS AT Now. I want to come on the show, and he goes, yeah, and he sends me the link to the clip.
Speaker 7: He's like proud of it.
Speaker 6: So he's clearly thinking that he can use my platform to launder President Trump's name. On Epstein comes on the show and next thing you know, he's admitting that he handled an infant Jane Doe for Trump sent a he sent a private investigator to the Bronx to find the Jane Doe. I mean, the whole point of being a Jane Doe is to be anonymous. And he said he believed Trump because Trump said he was bullshit and to handle it.
Speaker 7: And I was just in shock.
Speaker 6: And so this story inside Trump's his you know, the story he tried to shut down.
Speaker 7: It sits on my YouTube page.
Speaker 6: It's the actually it's the story I feature because I really think it's important to understanding how this all went down. Obviously, Trump denies all of it, yea, and Michael Cohen says it wasn't the Katie Johnson case. But I have been searching and I haven't found any other case that's similar to it or like it, or that has been on the docket. Because he claimed that this case that the other one with the infant Jane Doe was also on the dock.
Speaker 7: It sounds very similar.
Speaker 6: So point I think he was already reconciling with Trump at that moment. According to the Times, he had gone to Bedminster and visited Trump in July, so like right before I interviewed him in August, he had seen Trump in July and they had reconciled. And you have to think, wow, if we wanted to go back and listen to all of you know, Michael's podcasts starting from July onward, was.
Speaker 1: He just he starts with change.
Speaker 6: He was, He's becoming Trump's fixer again, to the point where when you heard them on the show together, he said, hey, boss, I heard that.
Speaker 1: When I heard that, I almost wanted to like take my laptop and just smash it. I picked my phone and throw it across room. I was like, you got to be fucking kidding me. And then I just thought to myself, well, you know, it's sort of like when you go to Times Square back in the nineties or something and you get and somebody you know, says you want to play three card Monty, and you stand there and you do three card MONTI and you don't and the guy takes five bucks from you, and you realize, Okay, I just got scammed. Now I have to learn from this and never let myself get scammed again. But that's how I felt after that whole thing, and the thing and correct me if I'm wrong, if I have my facts wrong on this, and then God, please God, let's move on to something else. He was starting to say. And what made it sound completely incredulous to me was I never heard Jeffrey Epstein come up. He was trying to make that kind of case that it just didn't really come up when he was working for Donald That was he trying to pass that line of bs to you two, because I was sort of that and I'm like, how is that possible?
Speaker 6: Well, no, obviously he didn't say that to me, because he admitted that he handled the Jeffrey Epstein kate really okay.
Speaker 7: But he then went on to it keeps saying that. But here's the thing.
Speaker 6: There is actually an FBI document in the Epstein files in which Cohen asks to lighten his sentence in exchange for information on Jeffrey Epstein that he learned from Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah do you believe that? Yeah?
Speaker 6: And you know what that Bed said will pass because we don't trust him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I know, and and and I feel like foolish just even talking about it and talking about him because it's just exactly what he wants, and he'll probably go and watch this be like, did Tara Jim talk about me? Would they say? Let me listen? And then I'll send a text later and say I can't believe you said that. Why won't you You should let me come on and talk about it. And then it's like, no, I don't want to do any of that.
Speaker 7: Ship well you always. He keeps texting me that I need to apologize to him.
Speaker 6: But the last I got to tell you the last text message from Michael because it's actually really hilarious.
Speaker 7: Oh god, let me do it really quick.
Speaker 1: I hope this doesn't I hope he doesn't text me because we're talking about this.
Speaker 7: It's just really funny. No, it's really funny. Let me read it.
Speaker 6: Please never call me again until you apologize for the lies you spread about me. Trump and Epstein with appreciation period.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, all right, well I tell you.
Speaker 7: Alan's spreading lies about Epstein. I didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: How could you Epstein like that? Tara?
Speaker 7: He's Doin's fixer. I mean, christ, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know it's so bad, but it does say something about just to circle back to the Natalie Harp thing.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 1: It does say something about Trump and who he is and how he somehow lets these people into his life who can kind of play him.
Speaker 6: And I don't think this is a playing thing. I think Trump sees the value of keeping Michael Cohen close.
Speaker 1: A interesting You can throw out.
Speaker 7: That hush money payment case.
Speaker 6: If Cohen says that's on appeal, If Cohen says he's being coerced, that's very value Trump right, he was the fixer around the Epstein Stone, very valuable.
Speaker 1: And better to have him on the inside pissing out the outside pissing and.
Speaker 6: Exactly, and Michael definitely has a few chips he's holding onto. And I think Michael may have been worried about retribution. I think he may have worried about like, you know, it's interesting that he never worried that Trump would come after him again. I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I think he just really wanted the party.
Speaker 6: He put us to know that he has a few nuclear cards that he's been holding onto, and.
Speaker 1: That's and and he just kind of played us to stay relevant, stay out.
Speaker 6: There, and oh he's going to have a Fox News show soon. I'm sure now he already has.
Speaker 2: A wa people.
Speaker 1: He's just a small.
Speaker 6: Man, right, That's what they say. It's just no business.
Speaker 1: I guess, so, I guess. So it's all shown. It's all they don't call a showfriend. They call it show business. Is that the line or something like that.
Speaker 6: But it's like he think about the way that he used to talk to us as when we were like when I was covering the White House and he was still working for Trump, he was a monster.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, no, he pressed me out, I know. And and then he and then, you know, as it was getting really bad for him, you know, he would send me these messages when he was going to jail and so, and he would send me these messages about how he had had this change of heart and felt really bad. And I don't know. I again, I feel like I'm doing something bad just even talking about him and mentioning his name, because I just sort of said to myself, don't do this anymore. But then when Steve Schmidt mentioned you the other day, I thought, Okay, should have tea, we should talk about it.
Speaker 6: It's a crazy story that he would even think that, And I can't believe I was somehow a part of it because I.
Speaker 1: Was just like, yeah, when you but when I saw your story that he had asked for his number, I was like, You've got to be kidding me. Yeah, But then I thought this makes perfect sense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because he's like it just happened in the past few months. I'm like, and then and then see him defending Trump. That's that's the thing, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Boss Buss.
Speaker 6: Hey, boss, I actually heard him. And when you said that, that sounds.
Speaker 7: Like that is you.
Speaker 1: That is exactly Yeah. Yeah, it's like an episode of The Sopranos. Tara great to see as always make sure everybody you got to check out Tara's substack or YouTube show. You're everywhere. You're on Apple podcasts everywhere. And you've got new red drapes, which are they look really cool? So great job.
Speaker 6: I think they look cool. I think the wood is cool too, you know. But it's also just like this is the desk. I mean, it's it's elevated.
Speaker 1: This is where the work is done.
Speaker 7: This is all happening here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Thanks, Jim. I hope you have a great summer and that you don't go to a drag race.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to do that. I'm going to stay right here where it's nice and air conditioned and there are no conveyor belts or anywhere nearby. Good to see it, Tarasanks. And now I am going to talk about something that is worthwhile and important. I guess a couple of things. One is, listen, there's an exciting new tool that we're using here on the gym Acosta Show. It's called Snapstream. You see all the clips that we're playing all the time. Snapstream allows us to record, watch, monitor, and clip the news. Check it out at snapstream dot com. They've they've they've really been terrific to work with putting together the clips for this show. And it's kind of all about the clips these days. So if it's all about the clips, you got to use great tools and snapstream is definitely one of those great tools out there, so check it out at snapstream dot com. One, I did want to talk about one extremely important story that popped up over the weekend that we need to talk about. And you guys have heard me talk about the sailors on the USS Abraham Lincoln. And there's the mother that I was texting back and forth with as a sailor who was on the USS Tripley. There have been multiple carriers and other military assets where our wonderful sailors and marines and so on up and serving and just getting the shaft. Well, get this. A sailor named Joshua Aviles, he was deployed. He put this on his Facebook page for over nine months out at sea in the Middle East board the USS Abraham Lincoln. He says, fighting for a country that has given me everything. He goes on to say this Facebook post, I just got a call that my dad was taken by Ice. If you know my dad, you know he is a hard working, humble man who is always willing to help anyone if he can. My dad has his driver's license, social Security card, and work permit. We have done everything through immigration to get his green card approved and we are just waiting. It's very sad stuff. This goes on and say, this is heartbreaking for me. I don't know how I can mentally continue working twelve plus hour days knowing that my dad is somewhere possibly being treated like a criminal. My dad's only crime was coming to this country to give my siblings and me a better life. Dad, I don't know where you are right now. But know that I am doing everything I can to bring you back home. I love you with all my heart. Please stay strong. I'm coming home, dad. This is one of our service members. This is a sailor who was on the USS Abraham Lincoln and during those conditions for nine long months, and then he finds out his father has been taken by ice. This is what's happening in America right now, folks. This is the level of cruelty that the Trump administration is showing towards immigrants Latino people in this country. It's something I've talked about time and again, and I talk about it all the time. My dad's a Cuban refugee my mom's side, immigrants who came to this country on my mom's side as well. But this is how the Associated Press talks about this case. It says, when Luis manuel A Viles was arrested by immigration authorities, his son was entering his ninth month on the USS Abraham Lincoln with the Navy, a vessel that set a US military record for uninterrupted time at seas. During concerns about supply shortages and deteriorating mental health among soldiers. Luis manuel A Viles was arrested after leaving his house to take his car to the mechanic. According to his wife, she said her husband, a handyman in Key West, has a permit to work in the United States. He's originally from Nicaragua, has lived in the US for nineteen years. She went on to say, he dedicates himself only to work so he can put food on the table at home. He has a good father, he loves his children with all his soul. And how is this happening? You might say, how in the world could this be happening? A service member, he's on the USS. Abraham Lincoln, his father gets picked up by ice. We'll get this. Vls's arrest is, according to the Associated Press, comes as the Trump administration rolls back immigration protections for military families to pursue its mass deportation agenda, detaining at least dozens of parents and spouses of active duty US troops. That's right, folks, you can serve your country for this administration in the United States military in the Armed services, and your parents. If there's a mixed status situation going out at home, one of your parents or one of your loved ones can get picked up by Ice. And go into a black hole in this country. Please, somebody tell me how this makes any sense. How is this not just the absolute epitome of cruelty, as we've seen time and again with Donald Trump and Stephen Miller's wretched, appalling, disgraceful on American immigration deportation program that we have in this country right now. And there was a time when you would have you would have some sort of, I don't know, insulation from this sort of thing, because the United States had a policy where maybe the parents and spouses of active US duty troops were not going to be picked up by immigration authorities, particularly when they don't have any kind of criminal background or any kind of run ins with the law. But this is Associated Press. This was back in August. This is just August fifth, few weeks ago. More than fifty parents, this is according the Associated Press. More than fifty parents and spouses of active duty service members have been detained since Trump took office for a second term. At least six have been deported, one self deported. This according the Associated Press, doing its own accounting of these detentions, which the government does not track. At least eight immediate family members of US service members remain in federal immigration custody. And I guess you can add this young man's father to that list. And you know, it just needs to be said. And I don't I don't see a lot of shows. I see shows touching on this kind of stuff and on the on the news networks and so on, and there's a little bit of coverage here and there. But folks, we're in independent media. We can call this stuff out. This is absolutely positively on American to do this to our own service members in this country. I mean, we thought that the bad food and being hold up on a ship for nine months was bad. Imagine after that entire ordeal, you get home and you find out your dad has been picked up by ice. What in God's name is happening in this country right now? And I think it speaks to the level of cruelty that this administration has brought to this immigration crackdown, this mass deportation crackdown. And this is why, gosh, we're what seventy two seventy one days until the midterms. This is why these upcoming elections matter. In these next couple of months, these next seventy or so days, we're gonna be dedicating each and every day talking about these kinds of issues to make sure the American people. We just do our level best to inform and keep the American people as up to speed as humanly possible on these kinds of issues. This goes right back to what Joe Biden used to talk about, what others have talked about, what I hope is a big center point of this campaign, and that is and I know and I know what it is using a phrase from the past, but it is about the soul of America. It is about the soul of our country. It is about the soul of who we want to be as a people. And I know I've talked about this before where I will say this is not who we are as a country, and then I'll see in the comments where people say, yes, it is who we are as a country. Donald Trump is the president of the United States and he is doing this to this country. And I will I will, I will concede the point that to some extent, this is who we've become as a country. We are now a country that will put people out at sea, that we will take the young people of this country put them out at sea, and showing absolutely no regard for their humanity, will go pick up their parents when they're out at sea and have no ability to deal with it, have no ability to help their parents out when they're going through something like this. And we know what is happening in these deportation detention centers. We know what's happening now because all of the stories have highlighted again and again with the bad food, the poor conditions, the lack of medical attention. A Congressman, Joaquin Castro was just at one of these detention centers the other day and said that there were one hundred men to a sell and in some cases fifty women to a sell. We know we're still detaining children in this country in places like Dilly. These are the black holes that these immigrants who have been living in this country for sometimes decades are being thrown into, all for the sake of Steve Miller hitting some goddamn quota with this monstrous deportation program, and even serving your country, putting on the uniform of this country is not enough to shield your family and your loved ones from this level of cruelty. And this is what's at stake. When you want to know what's at stake. Yes, the price of gas is high. Yes, it sucks going to the grocery store right now, because it's expensive to fill up the grocery bag with food to bring home to your family. There's and put food on the table. There's no question about it. It's very expensive to buy house. And I know we're all thinking about those pocketbook issues, and the Democrats are going to run on the affordability crisis and all of those things, and all of that is well and good, But my god, are we really going to be a country that grabs the parents of service members and puts them in a black fucking hole. Is that what we're going to do as a country. Is that what we're gonna do? A young man goes and signs up to be a sailor with the United States NAVIY and goes out at sea for nine months for this bullshit war of choice that Donald Trump can't get himself out of, and so everybody gets put to the ringer. And this sailor goes out there and he does his job, and he comes back and his father is picked up by ice and thrown into one of these black holes. That's what we're becoming as a country. I don't think so. And so, yes, you could make the argument that yes, we have become that country and that is who we are right now. But we have a chance to change course. We have a chance to reclaim some of what has been lost, to reclaim some of our soul that we've handed over to this madman and this crook and his corrupt court of siccaphans and cult we're worshiping followers. We can get some of that back. And he's going to try to rig this election. He is going to try it. He is going to try to by hook er, by crook, he is going to try to He is going to try to thwart the will of the American people. He is going to try to stop what is coming for him, this accountability that's coming from Because by God, there are people out there who are just like me, who are just as pissed off about this and just as furious about this. When you hear about a young man's father being grabbed by ice while he is serving this country in uniform, it doesn't get much worse than that. People, But we're doing it. We're doing it to human beings only because they have brown skin and because they have Spanish. Last names and they have a Spanish accent because they're Latino. That's why we're doing it, because for some reason, Donald Trump and Steven Miller are so racist. They're so racist that they won't even leave the family members of service members alone. But that's what this election is all about, and that's what I'm going to be talking about passionately each and every day, each and every even on this program. I'm going to break it down in absolutely basic human terms, that you have a chance, ladies and gentlemen, you have a chance to the American people to get some semblance of our soul back as a nation. And it's not corny, and it's not quaint, and it's not trying to go back to the Joe Biden days and talk about the soul of American allthough that shit, I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about something that's basic and human and decent. Are we going to be the country that inflicts cruelty on human beings just to make a quota? Is that who we're going to be? Because in seventy some odd days from now, we have a choice, we have an opportunity to change course, to not become that country, to somehow find out if there's a way we can get that young man's father home. And now that this has happened, I want to make sure that I'm doing my part to make sure that this young man's father gets home. I saw it, and it's just one of the most disturbing. Yes, we can talk about Natalie Hart, and we can talk about how ridiculous it is to see her at some goddamn car race over the weekend, But Joshua Aviles, who served aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln for nine months, got a call that his dad was taken by ice. And we've got to get this man's father home. We just got to do it. Something has to happen, Something has to happen. And one final thing before I leave you is I'm seeing that the Supreme Court has granted Trump this accord in NBC News has granted Trump an initial win in his effort to limit who can receive mail in ballots before the midterm elections. And so, folks, you have to understand what's at stake. You have to under now, and I'm going to be talking about this in the coming days. The organizational framework is already you know, I'm getting information that you know, folks are getting organized. Groups are getting organized to make sure voters come out and force this fall. We're going to be talking about that in the coming eight in the coming days. But this is according to NBC Supreme Court hands preliminary when to Trump on mail in ballots executive order, the Trump administration wants to exert a greater control over mail in ballots, and apparently the Supreme Court, surprise, surprise, the same Supreme Court that says it's okay for Donald Trump to knock down part of the White House, they're going to be okay with Donald Trump knocking down part of our elections too, I suppose. But you need to understand, folks, you still have the power of your vote. You just are. You're going to have to make it your job. You're going to have to think about people like Joshua whose father was taken by ice while he was at sea for this country you have. Those are the stories that you have to have in your mind as you go to the polls. This fault. You have to make it your job. Have a plan, have a plan for yourself to vote your loved ones. Make sure there's no family members staying at home that who isn't voting and two people who have, you know, Latino backgrounds like myself, We're gonna have to be brave. We're gonna have to be courageous. We're gonna we're gonna have to vote, even though they're going to make us afraid for our families and worried about our families if we go vote, that we that we may get harassed, that our family members may get harassed if we go vote there. That is what they're going to instill, that kind of fear in all of us. There's no question about it. They're going to do that. But we're gonna have to find a way. We're going to have to find a way for people like Joshua and his father. I want to thank Rick Wilson only John Fast for joining me today as well. Want to thank Tera Paul Mary check out her substack the Red Letter. Appreciate all of you tuning in. I really appreciate it. As always, Still recording from Washington. I'm Jim Acosta. I'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: Jo