Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 3: This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen, He's Ride Ryan.
Speaker 1: Come yes, sir, wake you wake, your hands off Cupkake. Rod Ryan Show Throwback Thursday. Good songs in there, Cypress Hill, Fuel Cracker. You'll be voting on that all morning long on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Fix the Graham Thursday. Is there any doubt? What on what our number one link will be today? That's on links and guests as well. Kevin going for win number two, fresh out of bed Head to head challenge. STP Pit tickets tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: STP playing the Woodlands Pavilion. I've got another pair of pit tickets. I'm gonna give him to you in homeroom on the fun Fact Flashback. Read my lips, guys, send me your word suggestions. Email me Rod at the Buzz dot Com. Read my Lips. At seven twenty this morning, The Suburb Summer Sizzler At eight twenty this morning, Montrose takes on Tomball. We'll leave you with Chris Stapleton tickets. Oh rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party if you want to get in closer to around eight point forty this morning, We'll have tickets for you. Twenty percent chance of rain partly clowney height ninety six. Good morning TESTA one are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, Ron, Good morning home room. So it was the third night at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago last night, and some notable appearances were made. You had Nancy Pelosi, former President Bill Clinton, but the biggest crowd reaction of the evening might have been when Oprah Winfrey walked up to the podium. So she was there along with some other you know, musical performer Stevie Wonderman and Morris jasonisbel And yeah, so thir third night there and I believe they will be closing it out tonight. Meanwhile, the CDC says the US birth rate appears to be at a new low. It's a story I'll be talking about this morning. Data out this week shows that the US birth rate fell by nearly twenty three percent between two thousand and seven and twenty twenty two, and dropped again last year. Data also shows there were about three and a half million registered births in the US and twenty twenty three about two percent fewer than the year before. Oh man, the Pumpkin Spice Latte is back at Starbucks. It's today. Yeah, so at least they've ever brought it back, and probably the hottest day for us to have it back. The old record was August twenty fourth. So the they're debuting a new drink based on a secret menu. This is an item supposedly people order off the secret menu. It's the ice apple crisp non dairy cream.
Speaker 1: Try It's stupid.
Speaker 2: It's supposed to taste like apple pie. Supposed to taste like apple pie. The apple the apple pie. Chie ye apple pie? Trye? Come on, ask us okay, And if you were thinking of slipping a little something extra in your coffee to day, here's your excuse. The Pumpkin Spice Latte turns twenty one this year. Debuted in two thousand and three. Billionaire Elon Musk He's for closing on Gene Wilder's Los Angeles home. Gene Wilder, perhaps best known for his role in Willie walk in the Chocolate Factory.
Speaker 1: We know that you get nothing, you lose good dacer exactly.
Speaker 2: Wonka Wilder passed away in twenty sixteen. He sold the Beller of property for two point seven million dollars. Musk bought the house and then sold it to the late actor's nephew who fell behind on payments, so now Musk is closing up on it. The Wilder House is now on sale for about thirteen million dollars. Daniel Plattsman is no longer a Dragon. The drummer has officially left Imagine Dragons to focus on his film composing career. Platz has been the drummer for the band for over a decade and had nothing but nice things to say about his time in the group in a price statement, Who's going to fill his shoes? No idea. The group hasn't announced her replacement for the drummer so far, but those are Houston headlines. Man JV Beck on the momb last night. I was didn't look terrible, but.
Speaker 1: I was expecting a different song to be played this morning.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, the astros fell of the red Sox board of one yesterday. JV does that thing where he goes out, he gives up run or two in the first inning and then he settles down.
Speaker 5: He kind of did that, he giving up two runs over five innings.
Speaker 2: But asters are now sixty eight and fifty eight on the year.
Speaker 4: They still have a five game lead over the Mariners for first place in the Al West. Tonight they're going to open up four game series with the Orioles on the road. Spent to rig Getty's going to be on the mound for the trail. He's going up against Baltimore's Corbyn Burns. First pitches at six and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety that what's going on in sports?
Speaker 1: Can you see Angel Reese? I got her on the Looking at Girls blog page being a new hair. Gotta deal with Reese's peanut butter cups.
Speaker 2: That's good?
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, Why did it take so long?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Look at a girls blog page is packed today, Throwback Thursday, first phone call could be you what you want to come get it? Seven one, three two. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show. I gotta use that line on Chili all the time because I know he relates. He loves pod comes in. He's like, dude, man, all these links, all this stuff. I quote pot. I'm like every day is a new day, chilling. Every day is a new day, same ode, links and guests, and he just kind of rolls his eyes and walks out of the room. Good morning, guys, hope you're off to a great start to your day. Throwback Thursday today.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I'm actually I mean I love Cypress Hill Rock Superstar. I love that song Fuel Jesus Are a Gun. My favorite fuel song, Cracker Get off this. Yeah, probably doesn't have much of a chance, but it's gonna be fun to watch you guys vote on this. So that's chili, links and guests. Every day is a new day. That's on links and guests. Looking at girls blog page is packed today. Lots of big birthdays today too. But there is a link up for throw or not only throw like Thursday, but fixed the Graham Thursday. You already talked about pumpkin spice. We get we had to get that its own link. I mean, people lose their mind over pumpkin spice. Now they're wondering when the hype man's coming around. Can we get through the suburb of summer sizzler?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Dude, can we can we sizzle? Can we give away money and then we can talk about. I mean, of course I want to bring back Pumpkins Spice prices, right, but why.
Speaker 4: Is that already send me stuff thinking that, Like I have any in with the with the hype.
Speaker 2: Obviously I'm a big fan of his, but I never even I barely even get to see him.
Speaker 5: I'm one of those people that thinks you know him better than money.
Speaker 2: Now what I know him, I never need to see it.
Speaker 5: I feel like you might have an inside.
Speaker 4: Sales always sticks to me, those dumb meetings, everything that game goes on and mad anything, and.
Speaker 5: You guys are always a Pumpkin Spice guy can come back Like, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: The suburb of summer Sizzler is going to keep us busy because it's summer. Uh, it's going to keep us busy until early September. Okay, so I'm not on Starbucks calendar.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know why they keep.
Speaker 5: Bringing it back earlier, earlier tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I guess I know why they keep bringing it back earlier and earlier money because well, and I also think Pumpkin Spice might be losing a little steam, so they you know, they're trying to get in there early and it's it's a big headline today.
Speaker 5: Everyone's talking about it.
Speaker 1: We have it on links and guests today, So you Tessa already hit it in headline.
Speaker 2: So I get it. I get it.
Speaker 1: But we are not going to play Pumpkins spice prices right just yet. Okay. Although talking to my sister yesterday in the home office of north Tonne Wanta, New York.
Speaker 2: She's wearing a.
Speaker 1: Hoodie yesterday, as you know, Aunt Sue and you know, London and I are talking on the phone and finally I just go, because it's one hundred degrees outside right here, I go, what's with the hoodie? And I will skip what language she used sometimes she swears in front of lot. I'm like, and Sue, she's like, she goes, it's flipping sixty eight degrees out here. It was sixty eight was still nice at about four thirty our time, five thirty hers, oh, Chris, sixty eight.
Speaker 2: She goes, it's like flip and fall here. I could you stop.
Speaker 4: I was running the other day and I ran through this park and it's right next to a middle school and all the kids were getting out and they we're all wearing hoodies and sweatshirts and stuff. I was like, dude, how it's ninety seven degrees right now?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 2: What are you right now?
Speaker 1: Is because the ac they were outside?
Speaker 2: Oh maybe that's a cool thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's insanity.
Speaker 5: Well the hot thing, all right, isn't it be crazy hot today?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 8: It's not time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 2: It looks like Andrew got through.
Speaker 1: Andrew, Hey, brother, Rod, Andy, my man, what's up?
Speaker 7: Hey, guys? Not too much. I just wanted to call and tell.
Speaker 9: You guys an honest thank you, man, Thank you for twenty years of rocking it.
Speaker 7: Man. You guys, you guys kick it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 9: I appreciate it. Twenty years. Man, that's a long time.
Speaker 5: It is a long time.
Speaker 1: It's uh, it's a long time where you start thinking, all right.
Speaker 2: Should we still be doing this?
Speaker 7: Yes, you should every day.
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Thank you. I do.
Speaker 1: I still like it. I still have fun. I mean, I still come in, I talk to my pals here. I laugh on the air. I hope that some of that translates through the speakers, and I hope you guys laugh a little bit, and I hope you get some information on the show. We listen to some music I still like it, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean when it's time to go, I don't know what. I don't know if it's going to be super obvious.
Speaker 4: You know, I have literally zero skills besides this job.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you very much for that, Andrew.
Speaker 1: And you know, every time I've been going out, everyone's been so so nice about the twenty year thing, and uh absolutely, it's just thank you everybody. It's been great.
Speaker 2: It's been great. What else you got?
Speaker 7: Thank you, guys. I wanted to tell my wife thank you to My wife is the rock of our household. Man. She she rocks it.
Speaker 9: We have five kids, we both had two jobs.
Speaker 7: We're running everywhere. She is amazing. She is my second rock, my first rock. You guys are my second.
Speaker 1: What are the age thank you? What are the age ranges of those five kids?
Speaker 7: Thirteen to eighteen?
Speaker 1: You were busy for a while there, now, yeah, we got busy.
Speaker 5: I mean you're pot it out one a year yep.
Speaker 7: Actually two of them, two of my Irish wins. They're very close to each other.
Speaker 5: So okay, oh Irish twins. That's funny.
Speaker 2: That's fun though. Thirteen to eighteen, like they're finally like getting cool.
Speaker 7: They are cool. Now, that's the best part. They're really good kids. They all have really good grades. I couldn't ask for better kids. They're amazing.
Speaker 9: I just have a fantastics family, and I'm so thankful for him.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you would do any of the extra curriculars. Somebody's got to play sports, somebody's got to be in gymnastics, somebody's got to be in jiu jitsu or something.
Speaker 2: Do you how do you manage all of that?
Speaker 7: Hundreds of miles a day. Yeah, I'm driving to work right now.
Speaker 9: I just drop my son off a cross country I go to work, the wife starts driving around. It's a lot of driving, man, it's not easy. So a lot of listening to the buzz happens for me.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Andrew, what's your wife's name.
Speaker 7: My wife's name is Tricia.
Speaker 1: Okay, Tricia. It sounds like Andrew. Super appreciative of what you're doing. And I appreciate you, guys. Thank you, Andrew. I appreciate the nice words.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, thank you, guys. Keep on rocking.
Speaker 2: It's you know.
Speaker 5: I got one Okay, I got one kid, and.
Speaker 1: It's the it's the hardest, bestest, most rewarding most amazing job in the world. But the first thing is it's hard. It's hard. Five I don't know, I don't know. I mean, yeah, they got two, but five. I can't even imagine.
Speaker 2: Starting listing those older ones to one of those younger ones around.
Speaker 1: Did go grind out?
Speaker 2: Four more Alex and the babysitter let me.
Speaker 1: Take him short break. When we come back in a rec check for you, we'll find out what's trending, and we'll get set up for the fresh out of bed head to.
Speaker 2: Head challenge of us Rocky and soon.
Speaker 1: Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 10: I'm six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five buzz Rod Ryan Show throw Back Thursday.
Speaker 5: Twenty percent chance of ring partly Clowney Hip ninety six today.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's trending? Okay, you know Sheen and Timu. They're both like these fast fashioned brands, like Chinese e commerce brand.
Speaker 1: Team Timu I've ordered from.
Speaker 2: Sheen is more like fast fashion for women, but they do have other stuff for like they like have household items stuff for dudes too. But they're beefing right now. So Sheen is suing Timu because they say they are stealing their trade secrets. Impersonating their brand and much more like this is an eighty page long complaint. So just so you know, Sheen and Timu are like, Okay, they're beef in big time. Don't forget Timo.
Speaker 1: They had a Super Bowl commercial here was it, timulate wish that's what made me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but when they did take like.
Speaker 4: Seventy five years before you get whatever you order, but it's two dollars.
Speaker 1: It's cheap. It does take a little bit longer. But when they had an ad in the Super Bowl, that's when I felt like, okay, I'll take a chance on this and it's okay. Yeah, you know, I mean I buy kid stuff. You know, your kid grow out grow stuff so quickly. You with the baby. There's tons of stuff.
Speaker 2: On there and we're still living on donations. Yeah game, Oh yeah, that'll happen.
Speaker 1: That'll go on for a while.
Speaker 6: Sure.
Speaker 2: What else? Also, does your job suck? Get in line? A New York Federal Reserve survey shows twenty eight percent of Americans are looking for a new job. That is a ten year high. So yeah, people out looking for looking to change it up. And then our Instagram Thursdays and never one link that's your that's what's trending on ninety four five bus uh.
Speaker 11: Here, Good morning everybody, this is seven. You're fresh out of bed. Head to head one day Champion. Ho me my second time ever playing this game, and I just took out a two times Hall of Famer. You may need to keep an eye on me. Join me on thick Thursday when I make a win number two bitches.
Speaker 1: And seven one three two one two five ninety four five If you think you can beat this.
Speaker 2: Dude, Ryan celebrating twenty years.
Speaker 12: On the Buzz, twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us I've ever met. Yeah, yeah, ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz. It's a couple skate from Papa Roach. Hey, great job, guys, Thank you for sending me all of your word suggestions Read my lips. You know, I panic because since the suburb Summer Sizzler is locked in at eight twenty, read my Lips gets moved to seven twenty, and it's just less time to you know, curate all of the words. But you guys are doing a great job. Homeroom love you. You know how much I love you. Keep seventy keep sending me great word suggestions for the game.
Speaker 2: Who's playing today? Alex and Chile? Okay, I am I lost to Chile because I couldn't guess one word last week.
Speaker 1: It's all right, so we'll play at seven twenty. You have to send me words you email me directly Rod at the buzz dot com. Twenty percent chance to rate partly cloudy height at ninety six and now each time for the fresh out of bed Head to Head challenge, listeners to your corners.
Speaker 2: Kevin, good morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning to you for some reason. And I don't mind it. I'm not fishing. I'm just saying he doesn't get that Kevin dropped from home alone that I feel like that was really abrasive. It's super high pitched and lot. I don't know. It doesn't sit well. I wasn't asking for it too bad.
Speaker 3: Now, Hey, thank you, thank you, Rod, because yeah.
Speaker 2: That o the crap out. That one's rough. That one scares me.
Speaker 1: It is I get see voodoo my dog jumping out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fine. More reserve can Hi, Karen?
Speaker 13: Hi killing Hi Kevin?
Speaker 2: Yes, that one's Spongebobby.
Speaker 5: That one's way better.
Speaker 1: Uh, Ricky morning, Hi Ricky, how are you dared.
Speaker 7: How are you, sir?
Speaker 1: If your name is Richie, we have a great drop, but it's Ricky. We can we don't have we have a Richie drop. I don't think we have a Ricky drop.
Speaker 2: Ricky, when was the last time? When the last time you played with us?
Speaker 7: It's been several years ago.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yes, sir, I told you, Ricky, don't lose that number you must have. It's good to have you back on.
Speaker 2: Dude, all right, sounds good. Ricky and Kevin.
Speaker 1: Kevin's trying to not be a one pump chump.
Speaker 2: Here what are they playing for? I have a road riding shoe T shirt on the chopping block. Here.
Speaker 1: Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Ricky, have you ever won any of these games when you played years ago?
Speaker 7: Yes? I sure have.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you been in the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, you got me excited. There you see my voice went up. On what you've had some success? Just a couple of wins here and there. Here we go, Ricky and Kevin, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. What actress popularized the Rachel Shag haircut in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Kevin h Jennifer Anison. Yeah, what that bell in THEREO? I was like, fuck, my.
Speaker 1: Bell's a dad this morning. My bell needs some blue shoe chili. Who was that?
Speaker 2: Kevin? Yeah, Kevin got the first square? All right, Kevin, Hey, Ricky, let's go step it up. Okay, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: What company released their Pumpkin Spice seasonal latte today?
Speaker 6: Kevin Starbucks, Ricky Ricky, rick Ricky, Ricky, Ticky Tag, Rusty Roast Roost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very rusty though, don't wait a couple more years.
Speaker 2: Play again soon, Okay.
Speaker 7: Ricky will do man?
Speaker 2: Okay do good to have you back on, Kevin. All right, thanks brother Rod. Y'all did a great job.
Speaker 1: Of ministering that game today.
Speaker 2: What did we do a great job with administering the administering the game? I thought so too.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Kevin, if you'd like to play with us on Friday, I'm extending the invitation.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a plan.
Speaker 14: All right, bro, Hang on, attention, station in plays Now that school is back in session, we are transforming the station's daycare area into a Marbury.
Speaker 7: The bar Boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's a good air drumming song ninety four and five Buzz Stone Table Pilots and Wicked Garden. Of course they're gonna play that tonight. You kidding me?
Speaker 5: Stp Live Woodland's Pavilion.
Speaker 1: We've got tickets in the pitch Stone Tuble Pilots with the band Live and sol Asylum to night. I'll have tickets for you coming up in just a little bit on the fun Fat Flashback. I gotta get you some new fun facts and I gotta play this guy's victory speech, a fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody, this is Kevin.
Speaker 11: You're fresh out of bed head to head two day champion, plum pump jump. Don't even join me on free beer Friday when I make it win number three bitches.
Speaker 1: Okay, Kevin's having a little bit of a go at it here. All right, Sit tight for those pit tickets. It's the funk that.
Speaker 10: To the day.
Speaker 13: We make you look.
Speaker 2: Smart in front of your buddies.
Speaker 1: It's the funk that to the day. Good morning, Hell, brother Rod, good morning, good to have that energy.
Speaker 2: In the room with us.
Speaker 1: Goodbye, hell what I mean I'll say that to you when you leave, goodbye, have a great day. Goodbye is actually a shortened version of the phrase God Be with you. That's where it came from. Is the shortened version of that. I never heard that before. Hmm, what are my atheist friends gonna how they're gonna tell me? So long they switch this so long later this I didn't know most of this stuff. I don't know any of this stuff today. Did you know in the United States, fires are categorized into five classes.
Speaker 2: Is like an.
Speaker 1: Ordinary combustible combustible fire, and I know we got a ton of firefighters listening here. There's an A, B, C, D. The B is of flammable liquids and gases. So I guess when you're going into that fire, they give you the classification, so you know what you're going to be battling. Yes, I never heard this before. C is an electrical fire. D is metals, especially like alkalai like lithium and potassium, and K is for cooking oils and fats.
Speaker 5: No classifications of fires.
Speaker 2: We've got the whole alphabet here.
Speaker 1: Finally, finally, Nicholas Cage. You guys know that that's not his real name, right, No?
Speaker 2: I thought it was the Cage guy.
Speaker 1: Did you not know Nicholas Cage did you not know what his name was? Nope, Nicholas Coppola. His uncle is Francis Ford Coppola, the guy that.
Speaker 2: Made The Godfather and the Wine.
Speaker 1: He didn't Yes and the Wine, and he didn't want that nepotism thing, so he wanted to switch his name. He wanted to make it on his own, So Nicholas K. Nicholas Coppola changed his name to Nicholas Cage, based after the superhero Luke Cage.
Speaker 2: That's Neat from Mortal Komba. Also a guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 15: The fuck back to the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart and funny, your buddies, it's the funk back to the Day.
Speaker 5: It's a bold move man.
Speaker 1: He had one of the most popular famous names in all of Hollywood, and he didn't want to use it when he was on casting calls. It's okay, let's talk about these tickets here.
Speaker 2: Well, they're in the pit. Yeah, so that's cool. It's also to the Stone Table pilot show with Live and Soul Asylum. It's tonight, so I need someone ready to go. All right, it's your fun fact.
Speaker 1: What American president swore that he'd never set foot on British soil again. So when a statue of him went up in London, the State of Virginia, and this happened in nineteen twenty one, the State of Virginia sent over some dirt and the statue was erected on top.
Speaker 2: Of American soil.
Speaker 1: Uh seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rockout with your stock.
Speaker 2: Out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: There's the guy big Baldy some dirt from Buffalo for you. It's a Buffalo dirt. Think I'll mind being in some Texas soil. I'll be fine. Texas has been very good to me. You go, how'd you do on Wall Street?
Speaker 2: Yesterday? Another go down Wall Street? That I was up fifty five points.
Speaker 16: Kick off this morning at forty eight hundred and ninety NASDAK up one hundred and two to seventeen thoy nine hundred and eighteen Benchmartin.
Speaker 2: Your treasury is trading at a three point eight three.
Speaker 16: Percent and oil stands at seventy two dollars eleven cents a barrow to the most actives, the big studs, Intel, Mickey D's, and three M. The big duds AMEX, United Health and Salesforce On the economic calendar.
Speaker 2: This morning, we'll get numbers.
Speaker 16: On existing home sales for July right now, futures they are on the upside. Hang on to this and be another positive opening right here on Wall Street. That's it, Matt here, This is Halle and managed to director with Ramy James Putt for the Rod Ryne Show. From Aramy James On, Sam Philippe Gustat always rock out your stock out.
Speaker 1: Aman's expressed.
Speaker 8: Are those al Land and not necessarily those are Ramon James Associates. Thank come ever NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational services on It's based on movement as reported.
Speaker 1: By Young and I ninety four or five, the buzz, All right, everybody knows that fires have classifications with letters.
Speaker 2: Everyone knew that.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that we were the only three ignoramuses that don't know that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not true.
Speaker 1: Everybody emailed me, like in the world, said.
Speaker 2: Have an email from everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone in the world has my email. They all emailed me and they said, look on the fire extinguisher and it'll tell you what that extinguisher can extinguish.
Speaker 5: What types of fires. So the fire extinguisher has.
Speaker 1: A rating on it.
Speaker 2: Guys, I'm not going to read the fire extinguisher.
Speaker 5: It's got easy, simple letters on it.
Speaker 1: Like I talked about the classifications to categorize the categorizing of specific fires.
Speaker 2: K is for cooking, oils and fats.
Speaker 1: Where do you need to get K from kitchen learning learning on the show every day? Yeah, it sure is here we go. Oh sorry, Alex, all right, Chris you there. Did you know that there was like letters on your fire extinguisher and it talked about like what specific fires that the extinguisher can handle.
Speaker 2: Man, we got hundreds of them here at my job.
Speaker 1: What I don't read them every day.
Speaker 2: But everybody knew that about us.
Speaker 5: Everybody knew that fun fact. Chris, Welcome in, dude. Let's see how.
Speaker 1: I mean, We'll see if maybe you knew this or you just learned it on the show yesterday. But who swore that they would never set foot on British soil. So when the statue of him went up in London, the State of Virginia sent over some good old US dirt and the statue was erected on top of that.
Speaker 2: We're talking about well me and.
Speaker 13: Him tell afraid of birthday for that.
Speaker 1: George Washington.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, second, I know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know that.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's good numerology.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 1: You have wooden teeth like him, like wooden false teeth and George Washington wooden teeth.
Speaker 2: I think he had some wooden teeth and a lot of you in plan. It's a much darker story than really that christ you won.
Speaker 1: Did you know that or did you learn it on the show yesterday?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 5: I learned it on the show So smart in front of your buddies.
Speaker 1: Uh, can you party in the pit tonight the Woodlands Pavilion for Stone Temple Pilots?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Jack, can't.
Speaker 2: I mean you can just kind of pick up and go Chris like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my son's a tea paper already, so I don't gotta worry about that.
Speaker 2: Nice bro.
Speaker 1: You're in Live and the Soul Asylum on the bill. You're in the pit for that triple Bill tonight.
Speaker 7: Okay, dude, all.
Speaker 1: Right, man, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you, dude.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being a part of Home room. All right, tell all those fire extinguishers we said, what up? All right, Houston's headlines coming up. Keep sending me your suggestions for reading my lips. I got great words coming in.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: We're playing at seven twenty this morning, suburb of Sizzler at eight twenty. Right now, at six point fifteen, I think some incubists would go down real smooth right now. This is wish you were here on the bus. Oh yeah, like a bowl of lucky Charms and a side of incubus.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful breakfast. It's a beautiful breakfast.
Speaker 1: My kid should be eating her lucky charms right about nine.
Speaker 2: Finish up.
Speaker 1: You gotta go at ninety four or five the bus. Good morning, rod Ryan's show on this throwback Thursday, I don't know. I mean three games today. Do we have time to play song clips?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we did go to the top of the top of the hour. Whenever you want to do them.
Speaker 13: Breddy's top is seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: It's up to you, all right. Really, that way people can vote longer.
Speaker 1: I'm easy peasy, bro.
Speaker 2: You know me, you know me, you you know me.
Speaker 1: Come on chance of rate partner Claudie's skies highs of around ninety six today.
Speaker 5: Let's go, man, Let's talk about the day.
Speaker 2: Are you so still Jack? D n C d n C it was you were like, is it a day? Lexic brain?
Speaker 4: It says dance twenty four every time they show it on the news, and I'm like, what kind of dance convention?
Speaker 1: Like, oh, never mind, I just sing ac DC's TNT. I'm like, d n C.
Speaker 2: Oh they did that, d n C. I'm out of side. Okay, okay, girl. It was day three last night. Vice presid Kamala Harris will officially accept the Democratic nomination for president tonight. So tonight's the final night. But last night I've kind of been trying to like run through what's what the takeaways? Uh, Stevie Wonder was there and Moore, Morris perform, Jason Is will perform. But the biggest crowd reaction of the evening might have been when Oprah Winfrey walked him to the podium.
Speaker 1: During carvos like that, I understand why they do what they do. And Trump did it too. Okay, he's got kid Rock out there, he's got the whole thing. He's got Amber Rose. There is not a person on this planet that is like a celebrity or something like that that I would they would tell me who they are voting for, and I would say me too, like that. There's not There's not a person on the planet that I'm influenced by like that.
Speaker 2: There's nobody who it is.
Speaker 1: Absolutely there are on both sides, there's no doubt about it. But for me personally, I don't. I'm trying to think like who my ultimate favorite. I don't care who Dave if Dave Grohlan out there. Instead tell me, you know, hey, this is my guy, this is my gail. You need to vote for them. I'm just not influenced like that.
Speaker 2: Last night, Yeah, it was sexual.
Speaker 1: Was gonna because my dream, my dream is the drummer goes down. Dave's like, is there anybody here that can kill in? And then boom, I'm like, dude, I can. I can play all these songs on the drums right, not real good, but I could do it. And then I'm in the and I can't get to the stage, and it's like, let me through I'm the guy.
Speaker 2: Dave grow is very dream Dave girl is very preoccupied.
Speaker 1: You have any sex with Last night, he.
Speaker 2: Was very into me. I just I didn't want to take you too far, but he was very into me.
Speaker 1: I feel like your face is a little scratched up from his beard.
Speaker 2: I because wow, All right, enough? What else anyway? Okay? Local stories and Sugarland residents aren't happy with the proposed construction of a natural gas power plant in the area. So city officials in sugar Land want to build the plant on a former prison site just west of the airport. But it would and it would be capable of generating up to one hundred and forty eight megawatts of electricity, which would go to the state wide grid. But the mayor there, Joe Zimmerman, says sugar Land would get first crack at the power during emergencies during blackouts. However, vocals are concerned about air pollution. The mayor, Zimmerman, says the plant would comply with all clean air regulations. But there's been like city council meetings there in the Sugarland area, so little local story to catch you up. Chick fil A is developing a streaming service Yeah, that's right. They say they want to showcase family friendly content. They plan to focus on unscripted content like reality and game shows, but also scripted shows and animation. So they announced this last night. Someone got onto this and the Wendy's account on the X was having a field day. It was like any given day, but Sunday. It was just like making up names like of movies that Chick fil A streaming service would have, and it was hilarious. But you know what, I think a reality show about some of these interactions between the Chick fil A order takers, the people that work that drive through.
Speaker 15: And I think I would watch that.
Speaker 2: I would probably watch that. But yeah, Chick fil A in the streaming game. Who knew? Taylor Swift is up about her Austria concerts being canceled following a foiled terror plot that targeted them. She posted on social media yesterday saying that she's grateful to authorities. She thanks, she said, thanks to the authorities, we were grieving concerts and not lives. She went on to say that she was heartened by the love and unity she saw from her fans following the concerts being called off, and she explained her waiting to speak about the cancelations, saying she's not going to talk about something publicly if it might provoke those who would want to harm the fans who come to her shows. So the European leg of Swift's ultra successful Aristor did wrap up this week. The singer set to kick off the next North American performances in October. Let's talk about Jelly Roll. He just hit up TikTok to tell us how excited he is to announce a new album at some point. We don't know when it's out, but he said he was going to be a lot more present on TikTok to build awareness, so it's got to be somewhat soon. Right Jelly started the video, was like, Hey, what's up TikTok your favorite fat person them? Okay, it's all on the music bog. She's go check it out.
Speaker 1: No, I got it right here.
Speaker 2: Oh go ahead, good, I got TikTok, I got this is audio. The audio got it.
Speaker 5: Like he wants, TikTok.
Speaker 17: I'm coming to y'all hat in hand here and just being honest, man, I'm not really good at social media, but I'm fixing to announce the biggest album of my life, an album that I've dedicated literally eighteen months to writing, and because of that, I'm fit to be all over TikTok.
Speaker 13: Dude, I'm fit to try.
Speaker 17: So y'all please, I'm asking y'all personally to come on this journey with me. I'm just trying to create awareness for this album I have come to lose, and the only way this album's gonna do good is if TikTok gets behind it.
Speaker 2: He has seven point one million followers on TikTok already.
Speaker 5: Well, I feel like he doesn't need TikTok.
Speaker 2: He better be fixing to learn how to use it. Bunny has six point three He's everywhere. How is it?
Speaker 1: TikTok's response, This one's always shoehorning Bunny in there.
Speaker 2: Sudden you know lot's followers there. There's just some tadlines, all right. Justin Verlander makes his return yesterday.
Speaker 4: He did he looked okay, give two runs in five innings and the actions in follow the Red Sox four one Yesterday.
Speaker 5: They're sixty eight and fifty eight on the year.
Speaker 4: They still do have a five game lead over the Mariners for first place in the division. Tonight they're going to open up a four game series with the Orioles on the road. Spencer Arigatty's gonna be on the mount for the shows, going up against.
Speaker 2: Baltimore's Corvid Burns.
Speaker 4: First pitches at six. You listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety. That is what's going on in Sports.
Speaker 2: Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 8: The Rod Ryant Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz all Right, ninety four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rot Ryan Show, Blinko eighty two. Welcome to the seventh Spot. If you're carrying over from homeroom, thank you. If you're just joining us, come on, man, wake you waking? Read my lips?
Speaker 2: Is this hour?
Speaker 7: This is for?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's early.
Speaker 1: You're just time keeping today.
Speaker 2: Just here, just sign him a business and my clock, just keeping the time.
Speaker 5: The boys are at it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, buddy, choose Chile or Alex, and whoever wins will give you twenty one pilots tickets plus those backstage passes to meet the guys in twenty one pilots.
Speaker 2: You kidding me?
Speaker 1: September fourth, I mean we're gonna have to get you to sign a waiver.
Speaker 2: It could be wild back there with all the pilots, It could be.
Speaker 1: Wild back there. So I mean, listen, sign your life away. You go backstage at the twenty one pilots.
Speaker 2: I can't even imagine Chili's on a heater. Guys, is he on a heater? Well, he'd be Alex in overtime, I think, and then he well he beat me with one word. I had the worst game of my life, and I think the words were harder because there was new words submitters and they were throwing all kinds of like lip movements I'd never seen in my life. I couldn't make out anything that you were saying last week? What was up with all those new people? Remember, because we were playing a sizzler and you were like, I need words. Yeah. If you've never submitted, today's your day to get interactive, and then they submitted.
Speaker 5: Let me say that again.
Speaker 1: Then if you've never submitted a word yeah before for the game hard like, submit some words, email me Rod at the Buzzdoc and uh and maybe I'll use one of your suggestions.
Speaker 7: For read my lips.
Speaker 1: It's a throwback Thursday today. I know you guys know the song by the band Cracker. I know you guys know the song Low, but do you know the song get off? This?
Speaker 2: All these counts we've pulled.
Speaker 1: We changed Dirty Head, there's Dirty Green, Say what's your scene? Then we got these questions is it to the jug?
Speaker 3: So just so lesson, man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know this, I'll call my account. I know Cracker, I don't know this is.
Speaker 1: Maybe Yeah, Low is the biggest song. And then there's this stop get off.
Speaker 18: Now.
Speaker 1: I know you guys know the band Fuel, but do you know their best song? This is called Jesus or a Gun.
Speaker 5: It is my favorite Fuel.
Speaker 2: Somebody jean about man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's take a listen to this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is really good.
Speaker 3: Walk Away, walk Whire, feel Away.
Speaker 1: Then it's got some radio airplay. So did the Cracker song feels in last place? It's got sixteen votes? What the hell?
Speaker 2: The hell right?
Speaker 1: Cracker's got twenty two votes? Are you guys voting clearly not?
Speaker 2: It's only seven dous.
Speaker 1: All right, here comes the book.
Speaker 2: Rock God.
Speaker 1: This band was so great when they came out. They were so dynamic. This is gonna be hard to beat though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this has got Alex's vote. Let's see the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 5: Somebody vote?
Speaker 2: This was his intro? Is it really?
Speaker 5: This is Cyprus Hill Rock Superstar.
Speaker 1: It's got seventy six votes, which is sixty six percent of all votes right now, money the honey not what the people want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is good. This is like jump around, you know, a little bit past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one's gonna be hard to beat today. Uh, it's it's off to a quick start. There's a little over one hundred votes, so nobody's voting. I mean that's like nobody is voting right now. Hey, guys, could you do me a favorite? Could you do me a solid? Please go to the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com and cast your votes. I mean, I think this is a This is a lock with The only other song that would be acceptable would be that great fuel song Jesus or a Gun that should be in regular rotation. That songs so good?
Speaker 19: Tell me what the luck?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna do one final scan of my email, but I know I got some more great words just sitting there waiting to be used to read my lips. And you know what's about to happen here.
Speaker 2: Time a lot you're trying to the boys already. I'm here, all right.
Speaker 1: The twins will be going head to head coming up. I'll read my lips, I'll be having you. I'll be asking you to call in after the break.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: Just sit tight, concentrate on sending me some great words. Email me rot at the Buzz dot com, Houston's.
Speaker 8: Rocking alternatives The rod R This morning show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 1: If only we had some audio from Testa's dream last night, I would love that. Ninety four five The Buzz, Wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky? Who are you dreaming.
Speaker 5: About last night?
Speaker 2: Honestly, such a surprise visit from Dave Grohl, lead singer of the Foo Fighters. Obsessed with me? He is obsessed with me.
Speaker 1: I never heard you even mentioned him as being, you know, in a handsome category.
Speaker 2: You never considered him that way. But did you realize how tall he is. He's a tall man. He's very handsome. Is he tall? In my dream? He was okay?
Speaker 1: And I feel like and he might be an inch taller than me.
Speaker 2: He was very very intuitive. Yeah, just a great guy all around.
Speaker 5: And you were having some fun with Dave roll last night.
Speaker 1: I was in your dream.
Speaker 2: Yes, no one could believe it.
Speaker 1: I could though, twenty percent chance of rain, partly cloudy. I have ninety six. What's trending?
Speaker 2: Okay, So we talked about benefit divorcing yesterday and people were saying that Alex Rodriguez, who is j Lo's X, shared a cryptic quote on Instagram stories after she filled for divorce. He reposted his own quote on his story that said, you either go one way or the other. You might as well be the one that's deciding the direction. People are like, oh my gosh, this is you know, she was engaged to him. They ended their engagement in twenty twenty one, and you know it was amicable when they broke up. So he was talking about the Democratic National Convision, the dance party. Yeah, the setting, you guys know, the gossip. Also, I love this story, Rod, you told me about this. So Angel Reese her fan base named themselves Reese's Pieces, and that called they were all calling for the actual Reese's candy company, Like, hey, when are you gonna work with Angel? Like hear her Reese's Pieces, Like, what's up with that? Well, she signed a deal with Reese's. She's launching apparel and it's official. They are an official sponsor of Angel Reese and her Reese's Pieces.
Speaker 1: That's on the Looking at Girls blog page today.
Speaker 2: Also, did you see that crazy ass lady that jumped a fence to try to get closer to a tiger at a zoo? Okay, okay, So there's an enclosure fence and luckily there's like another fence kind of, but she gets close to it because she's trying to take a picture, but she's basically taunting the tiger and it lunges at her. It had not been for that second enclosure. She's She's Reese's Pieces. She's done, and so authorities from the zoo release the footage, are like, hey, you cannot do this. This is unacceptable. It's not fair to the animals or people that go there. So they're looking for she's gonna be in trouble. That's it's trending on into four five to bus.
Speaker 1: I watched that show when animals Attack. I kind of like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of liked it. You know why.
Speaker 1: It's like never no, it's like the animals, but when animals attack, it's like the animals are the employees and they're attacking the managers like that's that's how I kind of like Radio Wizard with a whip on us. And it's like that said, I've had enough of that chair in my face.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna bite you these days, I really know.
Speaker 4: But there isn't a new like the Tiger King. People came up with a new thing, and it's about chimpanzee, ladies.
Speaker 1: I saw that Alex Wonder watch Netflix.
Speaker 4: I haven't started it, but I watched the trailer and I'm going to watch it this weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, And somebody's emailed me right now, dude, read my lips. Chimpanzee ladies, I'll know that one. This guy, this guy Mary got music. It's you know what I'm talking about. Chile is moy Kelliente right now. Uh, you gotta take him on.
Speaker 4: I'm terrified, honestly, he's I'm never even more scared in my lafe in Fuego.
Speaker 5: Uh do you want to be on team Chile or Team Alex for read my lips.
Speaker 1: It's for twenty one pilots, tickets and backstage passes September fourth, Toyota Center. So you got it called Chili now, and then one of you has to tell Chili. You don't want him. That's always uncomfortable, but yeah, it's gotta happen. It's gotta happen. So call now if you wanna, if you want to get in on these twenty one pilot tickets.
Speaker 10: This here's the Ron Ryan Show.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I'd like fifty grams of sugar, fourteen grams of fat, fifty grams of carbs, some caffeine, salt, diglycerides, and a little pumpkin pure Please one.
Speaker 2: Pumpkin spice latte. Please pull forward.
Speaker 10: The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Five The Buzz Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Read how Chili remembers some scar tissue.
Speaker 4: Do Do Do Do Do Do Do?
Speaker 2: Throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah here, Chili, I got all my words over here.
Speaker 2: That's so yeah, cheater, gott of your chili? U? Yeah, I would. We'll get in pretending to work.
Speaker 1: Twenty percent chance of rain partly Claudi's Guy's high ninety six. Chili just kind of came over by, like my area. He's got to like switch switch around the cameras or something like that. But I got all my words exposed over here, Chile.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I didn't see anything.
Speaker 2: He didn't tell me.
Speaker 13: Fact, I gotta take what he plays.
Speaker 2: I can't read.
Speaker 5: He walked over here. He called me in my bloomers over here and see that.
Speaker 2: All right, well, chill he's in the room.
Speaker 1: That means he's playing today, right, Yeah, I guess we should play his music.
Speaker 2: Hi, Chillie, chill A mean Chilli? You win two weeks in a row.
Speaker 13: Yes, I did what I've been tests that four terms.
Speaker 2: Bro, Now you'd beat Alex? You want to me three? Shut up?
Speaker 1: You don't know I would beat you today. The guy that just said shut up, that's the twin brother.
Speaker 3: Uh and uh.
Speaker 1: They're they're playing each other today.
Speaker 13: We're tying of the boys.
Speaker 2: Alright, I'm going all right, the boys are going at it.
Speaker 1: Laurie.
Speaker 2: Guess sir, Hi Laurie.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 21: I'm doing great?
Speaker 1: What about you doing? Okay?
Speaker 5: Doing okay? Actually really good?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Who's going to play for you? Today?
Speaker 22: Alex?
Speaker 1: Alex Laurie would like to go backstage and see the twenty one pilots.
Speaker 2: Okay, can you do that for her? I'll do my best. Okay, that's tough competition.
Speaker 1: Dante, good morning, Hello, Dante? Are you there? Dante? I can barely hear you. You're not answering me. Okay, let's do this again. Good morning, Dona, Good morning Dante.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 7: Hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on Dante, say good morning Dante.
Speaker 7: And.
Speaker 1: Dante do your walk. His phone's not hanging up. He's there and he's representing you him, you're representing him. That's your boy, all right, Dante, I'm not hanging up on your ass.
Speaker 13: Switch that motorole to a Prime Co phone.
Speaker 7: Foo.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well we're not gonna be able to talk to Dante for some reason, but Laurie is there.
Speaker 2: Who's going first? I'll go first, Chili says he'll go first. Set in the past.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I like to put the pressure.
Speaker 7: On like that.
Speaker 2: We're all winners here today.
Speaker 13: Actually maybe I can't hears phone with this.
Speaker 2: Listeners and the viewers are the real winners here.
Speaker 1: Okay. Chili is now putting on headphones. He won't be able to hear it, hear me, just like Dante can't hear anything. Dante, You're still in it, bro, don't hang up. I know we can. We can't talk for some reason, But Dante, Chili is playing for you, He's trying to win you. These twenty one pilot's tickets and go backstage. Don't worry. I've shifted all the words around, so they have been shuffled, so Chili didn't see anything.
Speaker 5: And I'll just say this.
Speaker 1: The listeners know that Chili's playing. They know that he's playing. A lot of dirty filth came through this morning. Twenty seconds on the clock. As soon as I say the word please hit your timer, thumbs UMBs up, boo. Here's where he makes.
Speaker 5: Fun of my teeth or my face or my facial hair.
Speaker 2: Here we go, all right, good do anything?
Speaker 13: Stinky pinky, stinky pinky?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 2: Is that the quickest he's ever gotten a word? You're disgusting, stinky pinky.
Speaker 21: Taking it back to throwback Thursday, Stinky pinky, Stop so dirty?
Speaker 1: I want to go so dirty? All right, that's one for your twin brother. They're all filth. Everything that came through was filth today.
Speaker 21: One of the reason I know that one because it's a car on street out Laws, the TV show Stinky Pinky.
Speaker 5: Sure, okay, cool story, too, cool story, bro al right.
Speaker 2: Word number two.
Speaker 23: Tasty cheeks Texas Chain, Tasty cheeks, sexy sheet, tasty cheeks.
Speaker 13: Nasty sheets.
Speaker 2: What I had on our bed this morning.
Speaker 23: Tasty cheeks, tasty treat, tasty cheeks, tasty.
Speaker 1: Cheeks, cheek cheeks, tasty tasty. He was getting to the film.
Speaker 2: This is the insult you l had to get out the night of cost it. Tasty tasty cheeks like I had in my bed this morning.
Speaker 13: Sometimes that's how you get think on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jesus, he's not wrong.
Speaker 5: The kids are listening, eating their own, educating them.
Speaker 1: Great, and it's meeting day with wizard. Dammit.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: I clipped this part in the podcast Sad, I'm not going Chad. Chad sent this in He's got one, he needs this one. Focus focusing, focus, Yeah, okay. Chad sent this in thumbs up.
Speaker 24: Thumbs window liquor, windowly liquor, window liquor, window le window liquor, window lear, window liquor, window window liquor, window window liquor, window lighter, window liquor.
Speaker 2: Both very close with cigar.
Speaker 5: It's a window lighter, he did. He did, say the window lighter.
Speaker 2: I thought you had it.
Speaker 1: What was it, window lighter? You said window lickor.
Speaker 2: Man you brought her say it's contagious. The guys, dudes, everyone, I'll see if Dante can hear us?
Speaker 1: Now, Dante, are you around at all?
Speaker 2: Dante?
Speaker 5: Yes, he's been doing that for the last ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Can you hear me? Get anybody there. I'm here, Dante. I'm here for you. Dante, can you hear me?
Speaker 13: This is vem He has got his phone on.
Speaker 1: Mute.
Speaker 2: Oh why okay? In carnation, just stay right there, Dante, do you hear me? Could have see you were singing.
Speaker 10: With this guy?
Speaker 2: I mean it's like, don't you.
Speaker 1: That's why I feel like I got the compression things out, don't you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Can this go a little smoother here this part?
Speaker 7: This hope?
Speaker 1: Okay? Window liquor. It was easy. Tasty cheeks, tasty cheeks.
Speaker 13: I can't believe on that that all right?
Speaker 1: Alex has the headphones on. He can no longer hear like Dante cannot hear. Cannot Just like Mundo sent this one in Thank you Mundo. I sent him some information. I have a concert announcement coming up at.
Speaker 2: Eight o'clock today. Oh that reminds me. I need to email and I sent it.
Speaker 1: To him already.
Speaker 22: The booger bubble Bird, bubble Booger booger bubble booger.
Speaker 3: Bubble.
Speaker 2: Bubble buger bubs bugger bubble Can we talk about Did we talk about that on the air? Hopefully not?
Speaker 1: Oh god, oh no, no, Kyle sent this word in. Kyle, I haven't heard from her. Okay, Oh I know what is thumbs up? Slow Karen.
Speaker 2: Slow?
Speaker 1: What Karen?
Speaker 2: Slow? Karen? God, I have not heard from her.
Speaker 1: She's so mad, she's so made slow Karen, alex with the wind, good win, buddy.
Speaker 5: We're all winners today, I think, especially Laurie.
Speaker 2: Hey, Dante, you lost.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Dante.
Speaker 2: Probably didn't mean to say.
Speaker 1: Dante, Wow, Dante, you lost, Dante. This transaction is over with a Dante.
Speaker 2: By Yeah, wonderful, Laurie, yay.
Speaker 1: I have not heard from Karen from the Summer Sizzler, the suburb of Summer Sizzler yesterday. That's what the reference was. Slow Karen. I don't think we need to be piling on. Has not emailed me to say, okay, cool, bro, you were right, Rod I was slow yesterday.
Speaker 2: She's still pissed. She's still good for her, not good for her.
Speaker 1: Don't hurt her.
Speaker 2: She's got.
Speaker 13: But she's wrong.
Speaker 2: Go listen to the podcast like she sometimes when you know you're wrong, She's gonna dig your heels and more. That's the worst advice ever. Stop at tell Laury what she's won.
Speaker 15: You have turny one silence tickets and you and your.
Speaker 2: Guests get to meet the bad backstage at the show. Congratulations. That is awesome.
Speaker 15: We are so excited.
Speaker 7: My husband loves them so great day. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: It is a great day.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Laurie and the other guy.
Speaker 1: I couldn't hear you.
Speaker 2: Love me, Dante, Dante, love me, dude. You can hang up now.
Speaker 12: The rod Ryan Morning Show six.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, come on ninety four or five, bus Breaking, Benjamin Red Cold River, Rob Ryan's Show, Hapen fifty one Throwback Thursday, Cypress Hill still in the lead, a pretty commanding lead at that. You can go check out the world famous rod Ryan schopage j see Cracker in second place and that awesome fuel song Jesus Are a Gun. I don't know, maybe it wasn't that popular.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 2: Those are your three choices.
Speaker 1: You can get after those on links and guests today at twenty percent chance of rain, party cloudy high of ninety six. Oh, we have a concert announcement coming up at eight o'clock and I'll give away the very first pair of tickets to that concert. So it's probably a good thing that we did song clips already and then the suburb Summer Sissler Busy, Busy, Busy, Tessa with Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Last night was the DNC, the Democratic National Convention. Night three, Minnesota Governor Tim Walls accepted the nomination to be the next vice president. He said he was proud to have protected abortion rights in his state. He also said that if Donald Trump wins, abortion rights will be stripped away. That was that's what was going on inside. There was Stevie Wonder. The biggest crowd reaction of the evening was when Oprah Winfrey walked up to the podium and gave a speech. Maren Morris performs things like that, so that's kind of getting you straight on the political side of things. There was a group of pro Palestinian uncommitted delegates that wanted to be heard at the DNC. The group staged a sit in yesterday in front of the United Center calling for a Palestinian American to speak on the main stage during the convention. So that's what was going on there. Meanwhile, former President Trump held his first outdoor rally since his assassination attempt. So he was in Ashboro, North Carolina. He had bulletproof glass in front of and behind him. Trump went after Kamala Harris, saying she'll destroy our country just like she destroyed San Francisco. He then went on to criticize her for the influx of immigrants at the border. Okay, let's talk about the CDC. They say the US birth rates appear to be at a new load. Data out this week shows the United States birth rate fell by nearly twenty three percent between two thousand and seven in twenty twenty two, and then dropped again last year. The data shows that were about three and a half million registered births in the United States in twenty twenty three. That's about two percent fewer than the year before.
Speaker 5: Younger people it's not a priority to have children.
Speaker 4: Also else all the money so that it's not responsible to have a.
Speaker 2: Ton of it's not a priority. And I think people are realizing like, oh, like I have other options, Like I don't have to be like a mom or or something like that, Like that, doesn't you know what I mean? Like define me? Whereas before I think it was maybe expected or people were always asking you, right, But yeah, whatever the reasons are, like, I have my own reasons. Everyone knows their their personal reasons. But the numbers are the numbers they got this morning. I had five kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he sounded happy as a clan I mean his wife. He was talking about his five kids. I think it might have been the first phone call today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with a tag teaming of you know, trying to raise that in the chaos. You know, it's not It's not what some people want. Okay, break out those flannels and start googling corn. May you might as well.
Speaker 15: I mean, it's fall here, No, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Think so, it doesn't feel very fall like outside. But the Pumpkins Spice Latte returns to Starbucks today, and this is the earliest they've ever brought it back, a full month before fall really even started. September twenty second a heat advisory. Today, the PSL return Oh get an iced, Get an iced. The PSL returned on August twenty fourth last year, which tied the previous record for the earliest debut, so they bumped it up an extra two days. And if you were thinking guys slipping us something extra into your coffee today. Obviously, don't drive, but here's your excuse. The Pumpkins spic Latte turns twenty one this year. It debuted in two thousand and three, So happy twenty first birthday. Psl Elon Musk, the richest man on Earth, is foreclosing on Gene while there's a Los Angeles home. The Willy Wonka star who died in twenty sixteen, sold his bel Air property in two thousand and seven for about two point seven million dollars. Musk later bought the house and then sold it to the late actor's nephew, who eventually fell behind on his loan payments during last year's Hollywood strikes. So yeah, he says he is filing some necessary paperwork to protect his interests. That's what must team says, and the Wilder House is now on sale for about thirteen million dollars.
Speaker 1: Comes with a crew of oopa lumpus and they're always doing work around the house and talking everything.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what we'll see will all right? PG Wilder. I saw his documentary not too long ago.
Speaker 1: Oh I never saw it.
Speaker 2: It's on Netflix. Daniel Plattsman is no longer a Dragon the drummer has officially left the band Amounted Dragons to foc on his film Composing Career. Platts has been the drummer of the band for over a decade and had nothing but nice things to say about his time in the group in his press statement, who is going to be able to ride?
Speaker 15: Who's going to be able to fill his shoes?
Speaker 2: They haven't announced a replacement drummer so far. You're always talking about it.
Speaker 5: I've never had the dream where I'm at an Imagine Dragons concert.
Speaker 2: You could see Dan just shirtless all the time.
Speaker 1: I have had that dream, Yeah, but you would just see his back still. I've had that dream before. Because you talked about your Dave girl dream last night. I have had the dream where I'm at a Foo Fighter show and the drummer goes down and they need me.
Speaker 2: It's happened.
Speaker 1: When I was a child, I used to dream of Peter Chris going down and kiss and they need I can play all those kiss songs and just I.
Speaker 2: Never could make it to the stage like I'm trying to get through the sea of people. Because you have to. You can show them what you got.
Speaker 1: And it's happened. I've had the Metallica dream too, where Lars. I'm like, okay, anybody you Alex could play Lars all the way to drum parts. I just I can never make it to the stage. It happens with I never get the payoff at any of my dreams.
Speaker 2: I could be making out with Pam Anderson and then you know.
Speaker 5: That's it, Like pooh, she disappears.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: I was just making it out with her. What happened? It never happens. The cool part of the dream never happens for me. As in life, the cool part. I never get to the cool part.
Speaker 2: This is the cool part. Buddy, Wake up those.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 5: I'm leaving you guys for the imagined Dragons.
Speaker 2: All right, what's going on in sports?
Speaker 4: The Astros thought of the Red Sox yesterday four to one. They're sixty eight and fifty eight on the year now, and they still have a five game lead over the Mariners for first place in the al Wes. Tonight, they want to open up a four game series with the Orioles on the road. Spencer Raghety'll be on the mount for this DROs, going up against Baltimore's Corbyn Burns.
Speaker 2: First pitches at six and.
Speaker 5: You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 2: On the sports blog page today.
Speaker 4: At a Padres game yesterday, there was a fan that was drunk and got into an altercation with another fan and then dodged a bunch of punches, talked a bunch of crap and then got punched in the face. Oh, pretty funny video. But he thought he was Muhammad. I leave for like ten seconds. And then the Yankees called out a Little League World Series coach that had tried to like put Aaron Judge on blast, saying that he didn't say hi to their players.
Speaker 2: They were like, look, we had a very limited amount of time. All of the players were doing this.
Speaker 4: That was showing Aaron Judge hanging out with everybody else, just not specifically the Staten Island kids and the which kind of went off in the We would have We just kind of wish the coach would have called us and given us a call. We'd like to have them all at a Yankees game. So they kind of put this guy on blast. But that's a pretty cool story of the sportsblog page day.
Speaker 2: Check it out.
Speaker 12: Houston Rock, Houston's alternative and the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: All right, eight o'clock, right on the nose.
Speaker 7: We did it.
Speaker 1: I told you I had a concert announcement. I said, you're gonna like it. And the reason I sent it to listener Mundo first is he's the one that introduced me to this band years ago. He handed me like an EP. I had to carry on a CD in my sweaty waistband of my shorts wherever I was out one day. It must have been probably Lucky's back in the day. But he's the one that gave me an EP of this band and he said, Rod, you have to check this band out. Boy was he right on that? Highly suspect coming back to town November eighth, playing the Bayou Music Center. Tickets go on sale tomorrow, that's right, August twenty third. Tickets will go on sale at ten am through tis Master locations. I cannot seem to find any support, meaning who are they going on the road with. Back to Mundo, he went to go see them somewhere in the Carolinas recently seme Memphis, Memphis, thank you, and I think they were just doing the new album.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that if they can sustain a whole tour like that and just play their new music. But I would have to refer to him so highly Suspect back in town November eighth. They are phenomenal live. They are such an amazing band live and the Bay You Music Center. I haven't been to a show there in a little bit, so tickets will go on sale tomorrow. I've got one pair of tickets before they go on sale to give to you. I'll give those to you right now seven one three two one two five nine four five if you want to see the great Highly Suspect live. I know you all know this song, but I want to do something that we don't normally play here in the morning, and it's one of my favorites by them.
Speaker 2: This is Lydia.
Speaker 1: Just to get you excited about calling in for those tickets, all right, it's highly Suspect.
Speaker 2: It gets on the chopping block.
Speaker 1: It's ninety four five, the buzz, Black.
Speaker 2: Oos of gold and dark.
Speaker 1: I am the hungry shot, that's the most savers.
Speaker 15: The pall girl could talk to him and just couldn't swim.
Speaker 2: Tell me what's worse than dancing.
Speaker 25: And ever there in the fall they danced along the wall that the reserve your own brows. You're the one that I need to live, and I'm still to live, and I'm still love you the most.
Speaker 2: I've seen better day.
Speaker 18: Things have a little thing, you had a build.
Speaker 4: Up, hung.
Speaker 18: Seen your person went up to Nut's work to steal the base.
Speaker 2: But then mother and the world.
Speaker 26: It's a dark pies, a lot.
Speaker 13: Of rs black hands or hide, and I tied you to the tracks.
Speaker 1: When not saying the bad side, I hit the ground. I know there's no ding back.
Speaker 18: I've seen many days drawn my black hot co.
Speaker 25: Longer shod, fast and most select.
Speaker 27: But the oh the girl at the time, and then she couldn't swim and tell me it was worse than the what's worse as all the the ice a coms mouth throw if for the night.
Speaker 1: My muscles, little contract jump on the crack. It's jumping fact because I.
Speaker 15: Am here ails, but.
Speaker 18: I can't the bird. I see street Spirit.
Speaker 1: The track, yeah right, love that band, Love that song ninety four or five the buzz that's Lydia, It's a Grammy nominated song.
Speaker 2: I believe that album too, right out of the gate.
Speaker 1: When Highly Suspect came out right out of the gate, their first album, was nominated for Best Rock Album and Best Rock Song Lydia. We don't get to play it all that much. I know, you guys know some of the other things by them. Look, man, I love this band. I'm so happy they're coming back. Highly Suspects November eighth, BYU Music Center. Tickets go on sale tomorrow, which is odd. Normally these bands and how these Suspects always does what they want to do when they want to do it on their terms. Absolutely one of those bands announced today. Tickets on sale tomorrow, and we have a pair of tickets to give away right now. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 17: Morning.
Speaker 2: Hello. Who's this Hello? This is Destiny, Destiny your caller number ten. I've never won anything? Are you kidding?
Speaker 25: Come on, No, I've never Won's so cool?
Speaker 5: Do you never call us?
Speaker 26: Yes?
Speaker 13: And you'll never see I never get answered.
Speaker 2: On, never get answered I get answered on.
Speaker 1: You know I'm looking at one man right now. Brown, You know I'm looking at Chili, You son.
Speaker 2: Of a bitch. How would you deny?
Speaker 1: How would you not beautiful Destiny the opportunity to win things on this radio show?
Speaker 2: Chili? What do you have to say for yourself?
Speaker 13: I mean, this is the first time I ever seen her, so I don't know what she's talking about.
Speaker 2: Chile.
Speaker 5: He said, you'll talk to.
Speaker 2: Me about my job one time. I think I put it on a Friday, just like, Oh, we talked about your job.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 18: Well?
Speaker 2: I was at that time, I was working at HIV, but now I work at Wills Fargo Bank.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Is that your baby in the background.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's gonna drop that to take hold.
Speaker 2: Is she she's three?
Speaker 1: Cute? What's her name?
Speaker 2: Yes, her name is Nirvana? What Nirvana?
Speaker 18: Now?
Speaker 2: I know too, little baby Nirvana, Destiny and Nirvana.
Speaker 1: So awesome, Destiny. Listen, I'm so glad that we had this time together together.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you keep trying.
Speaker 1: You finally have won. And it's a big one. It's highly suspect on November eighth, by you Music Center. All right, tickets go on sale tomorrow for everyone else. Destiny and hello little Nirvana, have a great day at day here.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you all, have a great day. Thank you, Destiny, Chili.
Speaker 13: She must have the same cell phone as dumpte Chi.
Speaker 1: That was lovely. That was a lovely exchange. Little Nirvana in the background, and you don't let her on the show with you.
Speaker 21: I mean she got in to day, right, she got into other time, so obviously she does get on the show.
Speaker 2: Said, she's been trying before. They get always on the show.
Speaker 1: She's been trying since little Nirvana was even before she was even a thought.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we'll trying to get probably busy with baby Nirvana.
Speaker 5: All right, get her information. She's a big winner today on the show.
Speaker 1: And then I'm being told that tomorrow we will have another pair of highly suspect tickets and that will be the last win them before they go on sale tickets. So at some point we'll squeeze those in. Okay, word suggestions this morning, it happened three times.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Amy was one of them.
Speaker 1: Word suggestions for reading my lips anniversary part parentheses.
Speaker 2: Need some tickets, please, I'm scared. If she's going to the party, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta shoot your shot, right, she's gonna win some.
Speaker 2: I'm scared.
Speaker 1: The word is anniversary party to read my lips and then boom, slide me a pair for you know, for hitting up with such a great word that it happened three times this morning. All right, so now you know about highly suspect that's awesome. Meat advisory today not awesome partly Claudi's guy's twenty percent chance of rain A little cooler though, Hive around ninety six ninety seven. Let's uh, let's says, I got Tomball taking on Montrose today. Joshua from Tomball Glamour is back on from Montrose.
Speaker 2: We'll see how they do. We'll find out how they got here. We'll meet them. Can't wait, We'll meet them.
Speaker 1: We'll revisit with them coming up after the break, and then we'll let them rip the head off of each other to try to get into the grade eight later on this hour. Awesome amy, are you listening Rod Ryan Show? Twentieth anniversary party tickets? Josh Tree hit me up too for tickets this morning. He's like, it's weird that the sixth Beatle has to ask for tickets. Wizards, No so I radio wizard. I always say that he likes to think of himself as the fifth Beatle. Josh Tree said, oh wow, what time are those tickets being given away? It's weird that the sixth Beatle has to ask?
Speaker 2: Okay, yack, he is funny. He is very funny.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll take a break and we'll come back.
Speaker 5: With our Sizzler people.
Speaker 12: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the rod Ryan Morning Shows ninety.
Speaker 1: Four or five the Bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Alex P.
Speaker 2: Middleton, you got a new podcast up, Yeah, buddy, Yeah.
Speaker 4: We talked about how the Bitstic, just like the Nerds, kind of figured out conventions and making convention schools just by calling them cons We were talking about how I thought it was a dance con Okay, you.
Speaker 1: Guys got into talking about mirrors, maybe.
Speaker 2: Talked about what color mirrors are.
Speaker 4: How we decided that Mississippi was the state we were gonna use to determine the passage of time when counting down to rush the quarterback and touch football. All kinds of very interesting discussions here.
Speaker 2: Did you guys do that where you grew up?
Speaker 5: Well, you kept Mississippi? Yeah, But I was like that was the whole thing.
Speaker 4: I was like, did we start like, did Texas just think we could rush the passer faster than anybody else?
Speaker 2: And then we played against Oklahoma and we're like, wait.
Speaker 1: So when you're playing football with your pals, you don't have enough people like for an offensive and a defensive line.
Speaker 5: Right, you got even if you do anybody's just a receiver.
Speaker 1: You got a quarterback. Everybody wants to go out for a pass, right, So you couldn't automatically rush the quarterback. So we had to do ten Mississippis before. Oh that's generous, ten Mississippis. And then for a while we did gators one gator, two gator, three gater, four gate, or five gater. And when you hit ten gators, boom, you could go rush the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Oh fine, Mississippi. But yeah, I figured that.
Speaker 4: I figured out that Mississippi may not be the longest way to count because I know they're trying to like make you count long, so this different state.
Speaker 2: It's right to the podcast for that.
Speaker 4: But then also a spoiler alert, we do a random celebrity generator. We all try and guess a random celebrity and then we do it and then I hit it yesterday with.
Speaker 2: Celebrity in the whole world. Nailed it nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, this is all on the past the Gravy podcast. It's a lecture that's up on the world famous rud running show page at the buzz dot com and wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 5: Is that the way you say that, don't be able to subscribe to it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, go to the usage into you watch us smash twenty percent chance of rain partly claudy high ninety six heat advisory.
Speaker 2: Yay. What's trending? The Texans are doing a joint practice with the Rams and Cal McNair will be Flippenberger's grilling dogs after practice today. He's like, someone asked, hey, do you plan on doing barbecue again this year? On one of the training days. He's like, yep, dm me, I'll send you a Cal's cookout shirt. So you got to love an owner that's working a grill outside of practice. It's just like us.
Speaker 26: How you do it?
Speaker 2: It's a billionaire justice how you do it?
Speaker 5: Be sure?
Speaker 2: What else? That's very exciting also very exciting, well, depending on if you like them. Gordon Ramsey and Victoria Beckham, they're both getting docuseries on Netflix. So they're gonna follow Gordon Ramsey as he is trying to open up like these culinary experiences in Londson, and then they are going to follow Victoria Beckham around to talk about like her fashion industry and her beauty business. That's all right, Her dad dropped Bentley to drop off at school.
Speaker 1: Off anyone rolls Royce. She got dropped off at.
Speaker 2: School in Yeah, poor thing.
Speaker 1: She was struggling as.
Speaker 2: A child, big time, big time. And then oh so if you're poor like us and you can't afford to go see you two in the Sphere like Rod, you can just wait because they are putting it out. It's going to debut September fifth. It's gonna be an immersive concert film at Spear Las Vegas.
Speaker 18: V You two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, their performance at the Sphere is going to be available to stream or in theaters.
Speaker 4: Actually, it should be in that like the three D or the with the goggles on it you have so you look like you're all oculus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the word I was looking for. It's pretty cool. So yeah, that's what's trending on y four five bucks.
Speaker 1: That's caught is that you two story. Good morning, Joshua Tecket.
Speaker 18: Good morning.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 4: Pretty good?
Speaker 1: You're on that line that that guy was on earlier today that you were on the Dante line. I'm glad we can hear each other.
Speaker 2: That's good news.
Speaker 1: Joshua. You're representing Tom Ball this morning. Yes, sir, how did you get into the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 2: Knew the band in song?
Speaker 1: Do you remember what song of us?
Speaker 2: Standing outside? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You got it too, Okay, you knew it. How did Glenn get here? Glamour Hi, Glamer High. You're representing Montrose today? Did you win your first round? I mean, obviously you're here in the Sweet sixteen, But how did that first game go?
Speaker 26: I was really quiet.
Speaker 1: You didn't do anything. You didn't do anything, but I knew the song. Okay, here's what's gonna have to happen. Okay, you're gonna have to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song before the buzzer.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't care in me. Okay, you gotta say it before the buzzer.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you heard yesterday's game, Glamour Joshua.
Speaker 5: That's the rules.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll give you once the song plays, you say your name, I'll give you a three two one.
Speaker 2: That is your time to talk.
Speaker 1: Once I hit one, I'm hitting that buzzer. Guys, good luck to both of you. You got three and a half minutes to think about how you want to tackle this game.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to school.
Speaker 26: A few zombie stowers took my purse, My cats in Hayler is in there.
Speaker 10: The Ron Ryan Show Morning on ninety four to five.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Ron Ryan's Show, Nirvana.
Speaker 1: Come as you are.
Speaker 2: It's a great model for this show.
Speaker 1: Oh wait a minute. Think another radio station uses that. The Holy Roller station uses that come as you are.
Speaker 2: Oh that's nice. Yeah wow, yeah, Well.
Speaker 1: I think when you enter Aberdeen, Washington, the home of Kurt Cobain, I believe it says come as you are as well.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, Yeah, I think that's how I'm sorry. Fun facts in the eight o'clock hours. It's like a showder Fountain. It's just coming out of me. Use me.
Speaker 1: Twenty chance of rain partly cloudy. High of ninety six is a heat advisory today. I was looking at the brackets because I was interested in them myself. And today and tomorrow are the last games in the Sweet sixteen, and then it's great eight work after tomorrow there's seven games left. Yeah, but don't worry.
Speaker 2: We can get a pumpkin spice latte now.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: People think we're just going to go right into pumpkins spice prices, right, I don't know. I thought Alex knew the guy he said he doesn't asked him.
Speaker 2: I don't know why he Dan, I never talked to him.
Speaker 1: I said, I wonder if if the Hike Man is coming back this year. Hey, Joshua, good morning, good morning. All right, bro, listen, you want a piece of that Grade eight?
Speaker 26: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Sure do?
Speaker 2: Did you hear the part on the show last week?
Speaker 1: Before I got yelled at when I said everybody that makes it to the Final four will get two hundred and fifty dollars cash. That was already set in stone. But then I got a little crazy and I said, everybody in the Final four gets tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party.
Speaker 2: Did you hear that part?
Speaker 28: Oh?
Speaker 20: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Most of you have heard that by now. I'm assuming Glamour heard that as well.
Speaker 2: Glamour four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, final four people get cash from Shell Federal Credit Union and tickets to the anniversary party. You're two games away from that, Glamour. Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: What game number is this? Twenty three?
Speaker 1: This is the twenty third matchup, Michael Jordan, Joshua, you need to shout out your name, Glamour. You need to shout out your name when you think you know the song title and the band. When you shout out your name, I will stop the song. I will yell out your name, and that means you have the floor. That is where your time starts. Okay, are we are we Crystal Clear Glamour? Yeah, okay, let's do this. Here we go. Only Alex knows, yeah, I do. Only Alex knows what the song is. Okay, I'm listening for and Tessa. You're listening for Joshua and Glamour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here we go. Good luck, guys. Gosh, Joshua, you're on.
Speaker 9: Shine Down forty five.
Speaker 1: Oh God, knew yeah.
Speaker 29: As soon as he said, yep, yeah, dude, damn it was that the cover of Simple Man.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was the cover. Oh Jesus, dude, you knew what it was too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, blamer, blamer, here's what you Here's when you say, oh, I knew that it was easy.
Speaker 26: I actually I didn't know that was I know you do.
Speaker 2: Of course, I know you knew that.
Speaker 24: I knew I know that.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Tombo, get out, get out. I'm a whole burd way to.
Speaker 2: Go, Joshua, way to bigger.
Speaker 10: Let you take a talk.
Speaker 2: Uh, she's one game away. From the final four.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I suggest yet there's a couple of people that have been sliding in though. Okay, Glamour, you're in the Great eight of the suburb Summer Sissler twenty twenty four. All right, wow, awesome day. You just do you, Glamour. That's it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know it's working. Okay, Sneaky Pete got in there. There's a couple of these guys that are just slippery. I'm gonna play Tom and League City next. Is there a date on that red next game? No, there's no date. I just know who's looking at it. Yeah he's good, Yeah he is. He's good. Heatsila, he bats Sheila.
Speaker 1: All Right, Glamor, you're in it to win it.
Speaker 26: Awesome, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Montrose Survive.
Speaker 15: We come to the news school year.
Speaker 26: You may not bring your own ingredients to science class. This isn't breaking bad.
Speaker 1: The Ron Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five, The Buzz Rockstar ninety four The bus Nickelback rock Star. We have a rock song, a rock star song, rock Superstar. We have a rock superstar song up for voting. I listen, I'm restarting my gateway two thousand over here, So if you could check out the voting and maybe give me an update. I needed a hard restart of my old Bessie over here. Okay, how are we doing on voting for Throwback Thursday? The winning song that we played at nine thirty, Well, the Rockstar.
Speaker 2: Song by Cypress Hill is leading with sixty one percent of the vote. So next up is a Cracker and with twenty three percent of the vote, and then Fuel with sixteen percent of the view votes.
Speaker 1: Okay, very good. Today is National Tooth Fairy Day.
Speaker 2: I love a tooth fairy visit celebrated twice a year.
Speaker 1: Why because you're supposed to go see the dentist twice a year. So they got that tied in. And then the average price right now per tooth has dropped.
Speaker 2: Actually the first time in five years.
Speaker 1: The average price per tooth right now it works out to be five dollars and eighty four cents. Okay, London's first tooth dropped on my watch. Tooth Fairy apparently only had twenties.
Speaker 5: It happened late.
Speaker 1: I was thinking, okay, if I can just make it through one more day, it'll happen on mom's watch. And that thing was hanging on and uh yeah it happened.
Speaker 2: Late at night.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: Pony app So yeah, so two fairy came and then boom.
Speaker 1: So now we're down to like dollars singles's I think she's dropped five now, yeah, they're coming out in bunch of no Whittler's does it right?
Speaker 2: Now borrow some money from London?
Speaker 1: And then finally, speaking of money, Americans now think the number to consider somebody wealthy. Okay, you know it used to be a million dollars, like you're a millionaire, look like I mean the guy in Gilligan's Island was a millionaire.
Speaker 2: That was in the sixties.
Speaker 1: You know, you're right. And here's what a million dollars doesn't mean quite what it means back you know, since back then. It now takes two point five million dollars to be considered wealthy.
Speaker 5: Do you can I mean, is somebody that has a million dollars are they wealthy?
Speaker 1: Still?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I couldn't. I'm really poor. So yeah, I think everybody is wealthy. Did you have all those zeros in your bank account when you're at like your checking account? You have zeros right, like, line up, Yeah, dude, you're really wealthy. You're well off, like you're rich in.
Speaker 1: Money for sure, You're not wealthy financially wealthy, and we're not talking about it. You know how good a person you are. You are now not considered wealthy until you hit two and a half million dollars stock. Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, keep saving Houston.
Speaker 12: And The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show sixth at ten am, The Buzz ninety four to five, the bus.
Speaker 2: It's me, It's me.
Speaker 1: I get so caught up and I'm so excited about the suburb of Summer Sissler. And we're kind of putting tickets where we don't normally do a ticket giveaway. It's after we play the game. So here they are The Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party.
Speaker 2: Tessa says, nobody wants to go to this thing. On October twelve, Wizard says, being sarcastic doesn't land on the air, like people don't get it. So, guys, that was one hundred percent sarcasm. There's not a day that goes by that myself. Chila and Alex are not confronted with someone who had just come out of the woodwork and tried to get tickets through US. I know that for a fact. So just to clear that up.
Speaker 1: Carbock Brewery, October twelfth, The Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party.
Speaker 2: Let's stay called at number ten.
Speaker 1: Oh seven one three two one two, five nine four five dial carefully, good luck food Fighters must be the ninety four or five of the bus food Fighters and under you. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having us on. Good morning.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 1: I would have went over here? Hi, helly, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 26: Christine?
Speaker 1: Are you calling from work? Are you not supposed to be on the phone right now?
Speaker 2: I can tell you.
Speaker 1: I can tell somebody that is on the clock that is not supposed to be monkeying around with some silly morning radio show.
Speaker 5: In a second, Christine, your color number ten. It's worth it, It's worth it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I know you want to scream and shout and do all of that stuff, but it's okay.
Speaker 2: You're at work.
Speaker 1: I do Rod Ryan's Show twentieth Anniversary Party, October twelfth, car Bach Brewery.
Speaker 2: You're in my name.
Speaker 1: So much, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Who are you gonna bring.
Speaker 13: My husband?
Speaker 7: Is our twenty year anniversary this year, so it's amazing.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, that's great.
Speaker 18: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy for you. Congratulations on your twentieth two.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, we will party, we will pall up party, we will celebrate October twelfth. Everyone else, keep listening for your chance to win. Jeremy's got tickets to give away this afternoon. You can pick your tickets in the one o'clock hour with Jeremy, and he said, everyone's picking these tickets. Heat Advisory twenty percent chance of ring, partly Claude Sky's high ninety six. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: This Democratic National Convention is down to it's the last day. After Minnesota Governor Tim Walls officially accepted the vice presidential nominee last night, other notable appearances were made by the likes of former President Bill Clinton and Oprah Winfrey. Kamala Harris takes the stage later tonight to accept her party's nomination for president. So that's what's going on there. And then former President Trump held his first outdoor rally since his assassination, and Robert F. Kennedy Junior will reportedly drop out of the twenty twenty four race and support him former President Donald Trump. So that's what's going on there. And then in Sugarland, some residents aren't happy. There's a proposed construction of a natural gas power plant in the area. So city officials in Sugarland want to build a plant on a former prison site. Is prison site, it's just west of the airport. They say this plant would be capable of generating up to one hundred and forty eight mega watts of electricity, which would go to the statewide grid. But the mayor there says sugar Land would get first crack at the power during like a blackout situation, during an emergency situation. So that's that sounds great. However, there are locals that are just concerned about the plant affecting the air quality. They're concerned about ghosts, no air and air polish air pollution. The mayor says the plant would good bye with all clean air regulations. We do know what happens when you build on burial ground, right, but prison ground, we don't know.
Speaker 1: The prison ground is fine.
Speaker 2: I mean, there might have been debts in the prison. Oh, I'm sure they're not still haunted. He makes a good point, Rod, but we have to move on.
Speaker 5: I think he makes a terrible point, but oh, go ahead, okay.
Speaker 2: Get ready to add chick fil A to your streaming services, Bill Rod, I mean, what if this is just well, Chick fil A is launching a streaming service and they've been working with Hollywood studios and production companies to create content. They're looking to showcase family friendly content, mostly unscripted stuff like game shows and reality TV, but there's also room for scripted projects and animation. There's no word when this might happen. So Chick fil A has gone to the point where they're just making so much money they're like, f it, We'll just start screen streaming service. We'll get people and we'll get people to do this as well. Yeah, no Sunday ticket here, Like you can't use it on Sundays?
Speaker 1: Like sorry, oh yeah, nothing will be streaming on Sundays. Nothing, Okay.
Speaker 2: Wendy's was kind of giving him some crap on the ex is very funny. I was talking about Taylor Swift. She has kind of broken her silence about her Austria concerts being canceled. There was a foiled terror plot that targeted her concerts, so she posted on social yesterday saying that she was so grateful to authorities because thanks to them, we were grieving concerts and not lives. She says she loved everything she saw, the unity she saw from the fans after the Vienna concerts were called off. She also explained that she's going to wait to speak about the cancelations any further because she doesn't want to do anything to provoke those who would want to harm her fans who come to her shows. So her European leg is wrapping up this week. It wrapped up this week, and she's going to kick off the North American tour. Part of the tour in October.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, she's playing the Superdome in New Orleans, Orleans.
Speaker 2: If anyone has to get to that, I'll trade you some passes you will not, yes, I will. Okay. Jelly Roll just hit of TikTok to tell us how excited is to announce his new album at some point. We don't know when it's out, but he said he's going to be a lot more present on TikTok to build awareness, So it's got to be somewhere soon. We have audio on this, we do.
Speaker 1: It's just him saying, hey y'all, I'm on TikTok. I'm fixing to put a new album out here.
Speaker 2: You go.
Speaker 1: Fried Chicken Sandwich is whatever.
Speaker 7: He said.
Speaker 1: He's got a new album out, so you can go. You can go see the TikTok on the music blog page What You Got.
Speaker 5: The Astros fell the Red Sox yesterday four to one.
Speaker 4: They're now sixty eight and fifty eight on the year and they still have the five game lead over the Mariners for first place in the Al West.
Speaker 5: Tonight they open up a four game series with the Orioles on the road.
Speaker 4: Spencer are Getty will be on the mount for the shows, going up against Baltimore's Corbin Burns.
Speaker 5: First pitch that is at six o'clock and you can listen to the.
Speaker 4: Game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety that's going on in Sports.
Speaker 8: Houston for Houston's alternative and home of The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz Okay ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. It's Lincoln Park New Divide Throwback Thursday. Yep, yeap year, low votes, low votes today, but Cypress Hill is still in the lead. It's looking like that's going to be the winning song Guy Cypress Hill, Rock Superstar, Cracker get off this surprisingly in second place. Fuel Jesus Are a Gun in last place? The rockin a song of what you get to choose from today. We did song clips earlier today and I don't know. I just can't see if we get that Fuel song. I can't get you more excited about that Fuel song. I think Rock Superstar kind of wins on the rag when Cypress Hill is in there. I think they kind of pretty much dominate. Lincott Parks got me thinking of Chester's got me thinking of Lane Staley and then boom, it just hit me, and then Oil and guest Greg hit me up. Lane Staley's Birthday today, Alison Chain's lead singer, born on this day in nineteen sixty seven. Part of the Flannel four. Why we say that you got to protect Eddie Vedder at all costs because it's not good for the Flannel four singers, and it's bad for if you want to include STP in the Flannel five, it's not good for the singers. Okay, Eddie Veder wrap them in bubble wrap everywhere he goes.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 1: STP's playing tonight. We gave away some pit passes. There are tickets still available. I've heard there's a lot of tickets available as a matter of fact, for the show tonight at the Woodlands Pavilion. Win just told me that he bought pit passes. Was the pit not sold out for stp Wow? Sometimes Win's a prankster. Okay, he's a trickster. But I had heard the same thing though. He said he got to hold us some pit passes on the cheap. So if you if you're down to go tonight, you might want to go look up tickets at Ticketmaster for that show. Okay, I think just some really really good seats remaining for it, all right, winning song played today at nine point thirty. We're gonna leave you with Chris Stapleton tickets today when we leave you on on Know the Show? Any interest in adding this tech to your house? Maybe starting next month you can buy it? Oh, they're solving the housing crisis on our Instagram right now?
Speaker 2: Oh great?
Speaker 1: Did you not see that tense at rod Ryan's show our Instagram? They are solving the housing crisis right on the comments?
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh I saw that. Absolutely. It was a super chill comment section. Straight fire. This sporting politics at all at rod Ryan at.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show on the GRAM. If you want to literally just look at that chime in on what's going on with homes. So I'm asking if you would like that you can add this tech to your APT Alex.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool.
Speaker 1: There's a device that's going to come out, a smart device. It's going to hook up to your home theater, your television, whatever, and it's going to produce smells to correspond with what you're watching on the TV.
Speaker 2: Smellovision. Ka did this on Nickelodeon.
Speaker 5: Think about this, But how did they do?
Speaker 2: They just told you that you could smell it. I went to a movie.
Speaker 1: Once when I was a kid. It might have been a John Waters film. John Waters makes all the weirdo. He had Divine as his main character, Pink Flamingo like a gross out guy. I the guy from Waterworld New John Waters just made weirdo movies.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay. Water World was kind of weird, and it was.
Speaker 1: It was filmed in smellovision, and when you went to the theater, you got a card with maybe ten or fifteen scratching sniffs. And then someone in the movie, someone like the pizza delivery guy, showed up at the house and then at number five came on the screen and you scratched number five, and everybody went and sniffed their card and it smelled like, you know, pepperoni pizza. And then some you know, it's John Waters, so somebody farted and you click on that, you scratch that one, and it's like you hear the whole movie theater groaning. So this, this, this concept has been around, you said, Nickelodeon tried something. This is going to be something that's in your home. It's going to hook up and as you're watching television, think about the the smell of fresh cut grass, think about the smell of the ocean, or a restaurant smell.
Speaker 2: Foods would be incorporated in this. So it just feels like aie. It feels a little process, a little fake. I'm just like not interested in having an authentic experiences, Like just go outside and then I'll just go out to cut your crutch grass. Yeah, touch the grass.
Speaker 1: That's what That's what the kids say. Now go touch grass.
Speaker 2: But then what would eventually.
Speaker 4: Happen is that everybody would buy ads for it, some company would buy it, and like, you know, what would be great is the sysling Fiheeda is on this commercial. Yeah, you smell that, you crap, and I'm gonna go buy foods from.
Speaker 1: This poor fabriz.
Speaker 4: It's like they're doing this as like this is cool, but eventually it's gonna be turned against you, like AI, which is why we shouldn't use a because it's going to all kill us.
Speaker 1: But if I'm trying to smell smell or sell snuggle dryer sheets, I'm getting in on this uh smell o vision.
Speaker 2: Whatever it is your team corporation.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah, if I'm on this, I'm this is what my this is what your laundry could smell like. And then boom, it's incorporate. I see this being more productive in ads than untelevision.
Speaker 4: Shows.
Speaker 2: That's what it's for. I see this is why you could use it for movies.
Speaker 5: And you're like me and that really Yeah, I think we just cracked this whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have a hangover for things that are just fake and like presenting, like real authentic presenting. But it's just the opposite.
Speaker 5: It's enhancing your experience.
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: And you're right, it seems to be more and more things that they're coming out with for us, not to go out and touch grass. I's just to stay inside.
Speaker 2: That saw that Twisters movie and I think it was four D is what it was.
Speaker 4: And they were like they like had fake wind simulations and stuff and it felt like your chairs were shaking stuff on that.
Speaker 1: My kid will take his my friend will take his kids to the stuff in movie theater, so special seats that like move around in Rocky during the whole movie and all of that. It's supposed to be fun if you go to the right movie. I can imagine Twisters would be very fun. Or would it be just a little too much? Like okay enough, like can you shut it off?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Say, I went in a movie theater where it's like if it's in my house, like I feel like you'd get old.
Speaker 2: It would get old really fast.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was just I just I don't want to watch this car chase.
Speaker 2: So I'm doing this. I'm on my phone. Man, all right, Well, I don't know when day around.
Speaker 1: They say that that technology is done and it's coming soon, and it would be something that you would have to go out and seek out. So it's not like it's gonna be crammed down your throat or down your or up your nose. All right, here's a chance for you to win some cash and go to the iHeartRadio Music Festival. Get Ready, Little Texters ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 7: What have we got here?
Speaker 1: Well, we're a couple of minutes away from the winning song being played. Cypress Hill's gonna win. They got the most votes today. Rock Superstar is a great song, though, I'm I'm excited about that. We're gonna leave you with Chris Stapleton tickets. Those will be on no the show. He's playing Saturday night at Minute May Park. And now we got this guyline alics online.
Speaker 2: The muzz.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm always nervous when Alex says, Rod bring up my AOL and I'm just wondering what friends character I'm going to be.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think you're gonna like this one today because we would talking about Tessa had a dream about a drummer, and then we were talking about other drummers.
Speaker 2: And this has a drumming feature to it.
Speaker 4: It's type drummer and you will be typing in your keyboard and drumming while you're typing too.
Speaker 2: So now, if you've ever wanted to drum while you type. You can do just that.
Speaker 4: Finally, and pretty much as you're typing, it's playing the drums for you, and it's got a little beat to go with, and then you can make your own beats.
Speaker 5: Okay, now is it as I'm typing as you type?
Speaker 26: Oh?
Speaker 5: I should do that? Okay, So wait a minute. So you want this pulled out?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, whatever you want type buddy, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a listen here.
Speaker 2: Please give it a go.
Speaker 5: So you don't know what I'm typing, No, I have no idea. You can tell us what you're typing.
Speaker 7: A sick.
Speaker 2: Oh, but it's that role. So what.
Speaker 5: Tessa got stabbed by Dave Groll last night?
Speaker 2: It was a nice dream.
Speaker 1: This is your song.
Speaker 2: No, my song is about you. I said, he stabbed you the very nice thing Roger did you never swashed me like that? They will never say that.
Speaker 1: This is where you're making sweet love to Dave Groll.
Speaker 2: This is on the background I get, so go check it out. Now it's weather you.
Speaker 5: Give me your own tip drummer at the Love Finish, Rod Ran.
Speaker 1: First shown the Buzz Shine Down Gonna Be performing an unplugged set at the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party, the one that you have to win your way in. We did give away.
Speaker 2: Tickets to it today.
Speaker 1: The party is October twelfth, that's at the car Box Brewery down Blue October. Sublime Theory, that man xt season More. I just looked at an email and it clicked immediately. I knew exactly what they were going to ask me. The subject of Jack Winter's email was wheels on the bus go round and round.
Speaker 2: I looked at it.
Speaker 1: I'm listening to Shine Down. I said, where is that public transportation person that called last week? Remember yeah, I said, if you can get a hole?
Speaker 2: She said that.
Speaker 1: I think it was she.
Speaker 2: She was calling from the bus. She was like, my car's breaking down. I've been having to take the bus. I really want those passes.
Speaker 1: I said, if you can get the whole bus to sing, the wheels on the bus go round and round.
Speaker 2: If you can get a whole bus.
Speaker 1: To sing on this show, I would get you into the party. No problem, brother, Rod, I know you were talking about it last week. Are you gonna still have that girl get the whole bus to sing on that? The wheels on the bus go round and round. I never heard back from her. I never heard back from her. So if you're out there, there's a few people I'd like to hear from. I mean, let's start out with Karen. Let's let's first start out with first, like about a year ago, slow Jeff, slow Jeff in the fresh out of bed head to head miss him. Never heard from that guy again ever. Rip Karen, who played the or who played the suburb Summer Sizzler.
Speaker 5: This week poorly didn't win.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to say she played poorly, but she didn't win. She didn't play good enough to win. I hadn't heard back from her, and she didn't feel like she lost. And I don't like leaving it like that with listeners. I really don't. So Karen, reach out. Please go listen to the podcast from yesterday and then reach out. And then yeah, the person on the bus, I had not heard back from them since that phone call went down. That was part of the day that Radio Wizards said, Hey, bro, slow down on you. You're getting a little loose with these tickets here. Yeah, all right, it's fun.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 1: No, I hadn't heard from them yet. I'd love to get a whole public transportation I'd love to get a bus full of people singing on the radio. I think that would sound great.
Speaker 2: It's throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: Thank you for voting really low votes today. I think there's really good songs in there. But your choice is fuel Jesus or a gun. Got sixteen percent of the vote. Cracker, I know you guys all know low this is Get off this good song twenty.
Speaker 2: Six percent of the vote.
Speaker 1: Cypress Hill Rock Superstar fifty six percent.
Speaker 2: Of the vote.
Speaker 1: I'm not mad at all, man, this is a great song.
Speaker 2: Mom.
Speaker 15: It's so bad Thursday, whatever the hell that is.
Speaker 10: Here's your Throwback Thursday winner.
Speaker 1: On ninety four five, The buzz.
Speaker 19: So you want to be about some star and the dog to big House, Pot calls.
Speaker 2: Great Chaunge coming up. We're just so good.
Speaker 19: Remember the days, don't kid pulling up, cooking in the mir road, dreaming the complingney with the honey, trying autographs and whatever the people want. Bumpy funny, how impossible pres manifest in the Game's God be coming?
Speaker 26: Took it?
Speaker 15: Nevertheless?
Speaker 19: The cold, the dust over to rope, note about the bunt, sweating, pissing, somewhere to be and loosing some with yourself to the gift. Plas come by, ton't lle it, don't manifest, put the bowl down, you go mania in the brain.
Speaker 15: He don't know how to act. Forty eight trying to shooting your gainst the backs and.
Speaker 2: The deal picks.
Speaker 15: He's going to make the bill, but the look will till he crosses over steel.
Speaker 19: Killing your head with Tennessee's come with peas took the sacrifice.
Speaker 15: He tails to make the cheese to run the par front Superstar.
Speaker 13: Then the PIDs who can.
Speaker 19: Take from people who don't know what the stumper ship us all when the game put the price the famous high. If some can't paid the plane you're trapped in, put you wrapping the back. Tell me what happened when you lost class right you took started collapsing. No fans, no fame, no respect, no change, no women, and everybody up on this way.
Speaker 28: Want to be in off Superstar.
Speaker 19: And then Paul to break house and five calls to break us, don't touss, don't body got can show up the content they can be about to stall and then call to big house, calls.
Speaker 15: To break saus the don't touss, no body.
Speaker 18: Got the show up.
Speaker 7: The con people see rock star.
Speaker 30: You know what I'm saying, but you're still trying to get out for it, like like everybody else. You know, you know it's a fun job, but it's still a job.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Another cat coming out looking like me, sounded like me and that ship. I notice.
Speaker 30: It'll be a flip side to what you did. Somebody else trying to spin off like something. You're serious that might have big dreams. Come making bread crean brig shot, help me hear the on to maz give you want a little shame.
Speaker 28: T here's the bat mean be a stop brand, never a fraying me.
Speaker 2: I want to have a big friends lit me spring. What happens to these stars ain't the big brains forms?
Speaker 28: They can't clan like well, damn day, you're going to sue sound everything gonna be okay?
Speaker 18: Then you can't.
Speaker 28: That's about the meat of your fans and thanks nothing stay the same way then began.
Speaker 2: I heard the sound nothing give full through the bullet. That's what foods end up doneing on the bullet.
Speaker 28: Everything's fine in the big time.
Speaker 15: See me and my lip with the chromerie shine.
Speaker 18: So you want to row far and live?
Speaker 28: Lad It ain't going the course. We're being a rough saw and set round Tomas off and live card to big.
Speaker 1: House and find car to break charge.
Speaker 2: And then from the world.
Speaker 18: Don't trust nobody from the shoulder constant.
Speaker 15: To be your heart toast off and the car to bake house.
Speaker 18: And buy cars to bring Garge c in.
Speaker 19: Then of the world, don't trust nobody out of the shoulder the constantly son, come't tell me, I'm telling in the hotel poom lowly, but I say't.
Speaker 13: Thought him with my homies.
Speaker 15: But sometimes something.
Speaker 19: Ship was bock cold, but only no radio or pennios because it showed me no love to pony try.
Speaker 15: To kick the post.
Speaker 19: So only so the breaking cats pushed my soul in them in the middle of money in the press, saying that my old people decider leading the press way fact is to keep their head straight, never reflect the clean live the too worried about the money, said the pladium. We just want to cling on, swing on and wan go on, pull off the whole prolong said the next sock supper star were no shame for mcgi and never be right.
Speaker 15: Up the game the same as the last one playing before him.
Speaker 19: Came fatt A kid ignored the poor kim ashore him saying needs a ticket from weazy sweasy.
Speaker 15: People want to be so cheesy to pick people, so they want to be a bosuper star and live part to prey House.
Speaker 18: Five calls to prey Chauns. Come up with the burl.
Speaker 15: From just don't find it out, come with your shoulder, don't believe to.
Speaker 2: Be your boxyle far and lift pa to prey House.
Speaker 18: Fine call to preak Charms the burl called just don't find it out and look with the shoulder crop the leak by.
Speaker 2: We don't need your attitude.
Speaker 7: We have one of our own.
Speaker 10: Rod Ryan Shoe on ninety four five of.
Speaker 1: Us Here we go ninety four or five, buzzin rod Ryan Show, Green Day, Cypress Hill before that with rock Superstar winning song today on Throwback Thursday, It's great, It's awesome.
Speaker 5: I forgot Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Is that his opener?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it still is. It was back when I would still watch it. The bells doom d d d d dun you kind of get there. I don't know the head of the lyrics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think maybe Chili would know this. I think that's from the deaftones. I think that's Chino Moreno that's doing that. A lot of cat's gonna be coming at you, a lot of sharks in the water, like the guy that's doing like the spoken word in there, Chili, do you know that?
Speaker 2: I know you're a big Deaftones guy.
Speaker 13: No, that's a send Dog another singer from uh cypress Hill.
Speaker 1: That's him doing the talking in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: The one that comes in and I have to be real, was that there must be like some.
Speaker 1: Mix that there's a Chino somehow the Deaftones were involved with them the guitar proudly.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe, Okay, yeah, all right, well thank you Chili Heavy Tom.
Speaker 1: Did we give everything away today that we were supposed to give away?
Speaker 21: Uh, except for the Chris Stapleton, that's not the show. Everything's been giving out very good.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got, hey, Chilie, one more game in the Sweet sixteen and then it's a great eight all next week.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So on the Brondays, the brackets are fun.
Speaker 21: Yeah, so Monday should be a good game because that's going to be between Seabrook and Rosenberg.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: I'm here for it. I'm inviting you to come as well. Come along on this ride with us.
Speaker 13: Chilly and I was actually planning on stay taking off Monday.
Speaker 1: I need you Monday, I need you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no days off during the suburb of summer, Saysler.
Speaker 1: You know the rules.
Speaker 13: Okay, you know the rules.
Speaker 2: You're a rock superstar.
Speaker 1: Feeling got a heat advisory today, be careful and uh, there you go. The man just said that he's still sitting on He's sitting on them.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: The Chris Stapleton Tickets Saturday Night at Minute Made, Tessa will have a question for you on the flip of this break.
Speaker 12: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, thank you so much for writing with us this morning. It's time for our last segment.
Speaker 13: La La La La La La La La La La la la la la la la la la la la la called.
Speaker 2: No the show.
Speaker 1: We're gonna ask you. Tessa's going to ask you about something. Yeah that was said covered a topic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a dumb thing that was said that that happens every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are you gonna ask? This is for Chris Stapleton Tickets Saturday Night. I think my girlfriend Miranda Lambert's on that bill, Jess, say hi toer for me. Please, what's your question for?
Speaker 2: This is the earliest, actually, who turns twenty one years old today? Who? What turns twenty one today? We talked about it and it's the earliest it's ever been released.
Speaker 1: Seven one three two one two five nine four five. And again you're worrying that what's turning twenty one today? Okay, very good h good luck?
Speaker 10: This is the wrong Ryan.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I'd like fifty grams of sugar, orteen grams of fat, fifty grams of carbs, some caffeine, salt, diiglycerides, and a little pumpkin pure please one.
Speaker 2: Pumpkin spice latte. Please pull forward.
Speaker 10: The Ron Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four to five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz everlast What It's Like Rod Ryan Show, wrapping up a throwback Thursday. Thanks for all your participation today. We do run around here calling ourselves the most interactive show on the radio, and that's because of all your interaction with us. Thank you everybody that voted to get cypress Hill played today on the show. It was a good call. It's a good call. I don't maybe and this could happen. The Fuel song Jesus or a Gun was huge for me in New Orleans. It might not have done well, it might not have been played much. People are telling me they don't know that.
Speaker 2: Song at all by Fuel.
Speaker 1: They just thought Fuel was a one hit wonder they just had that one song.
Speaker 2: That's not true.
Speaker 1: Fuel's got a couple of songs out there, but that Jesus Are a Gun. Maybe it just didn't get played here.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a good one though. Actually on the voting page, he has all the videos and the songs. You can go and listen to that stuff if you want to hear what didn't win today. Heat Advisory twenty percent chance of rain Hartley Cloudy hies today of around ninety six. Let's go.
Speaker 10: He's now time for I Know this show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 2: La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 24: La la la la.
Speaker 2: Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hello, Hello, was this awesome?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 2: How's it going good? What's your name? Marcus? Marcus? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: These are for tickets, Oh, you gotta use them this weekend dude, it's for Saturday night. Let's see we can make it through. Know the show here, Tessa. What's your question?
Speaker 2: Hey, Marcus, can you tell me what turned twenty one today with an early release.
Speaker 10: Pumpkin spice slaty uh it?
Speaker 1: Sure did, dude, he knows the answer and he's going to be the winner of the tickets. What's he doing on?
Speaker 5: What's he doing now? On Saturday night?
Speaker 2: Oh dude, you're going to see Christapleton on his All American road show. At minute made Miranda Lambert and Grace Potter on this bill. Congratulations, sweet my man, Marcus, all right, dude, way to win.
Speaker 1: Man, have a great time on Saturday night. All right, yeah, thank you, I appreciate it. Thank you, Marcus. Have a great day.
Speaker 18: That the stain on my not.
Speaker 1: Oh black coffee in bed by squeeze?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 1: All right, Well Marcus is off to that show. We gave away a lot of tickets today on the show. Included in there was a concert announcement. We gave away an extra prayer of tickets that we didn't say anything about yesterday. Highly Suspect was announced today at eight o'clock. They're going to be playing the Buy You Center, and I'm mentioning it again because tickets go on sale tomorrow at ten am, so i'll see. I think we have another pair tomorrow to give to you before they go on sale. All right, now she's gone, all right? Kevin avoided the one pump chump this morning. He beat Ricky. Kevin's gonna go for win number three tomorrow. Fresh out of mad head to head challenge. We played three games today. Yeah, it was an absolute blur this morning. All right, read my lips words submitters, Thank you alex One. It says where's Dante? Was Dante? The guy that was Chili playing Dante?
Speaker 2: Are you okay?
Speaker 5: People said they were laughing their balls off at Dante.
Speaker 2: I was too.
Speaker 1: I couldn't hear them just every two minutes, see but he say, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Are you there?
Speaker 26: Guys?
Speaker 5: It was so funny. It's so funny.
Speaker 1: All right, everybody that voted on Throwback Thursday six to gram Thursday was your number one link today? Yeah, just the song it is PSL is back today suburb Summer Sissler the last game in the Sweet sixteen tomorrow today. Josh from Tomball Blanked and Glamour from Montros advanced, So tomorrow Keema will play Spring Branch. Also, it's Fanny Friday. It's free beer Friday. We'll do open Phones Friday. That last hour of the show, Jeremy's got the NonStop Noon or pick your tickets with him at the one o'clock hour. He does have those twentieth anniversary passes in there. Alex has a brand new past the Gravy, a new episode. Make sure you follow at rod Ryan Show on all socials. Oh yeah, on our Instagram at rod Ryan Show, Solving the Housing Crisis. Pop into con cam, yeah, pop into those comments, pop in yeah.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: Tesla is gonna be on Houston Life today at one o'clock. We're on a twenty hour break. We're back with you tomorrow morning to wrap up the week and give you a beers all right, alright, guys, am f Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 10: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 14: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.