Speaker 1: All right, it is a tough day in Dallas Fort Worth because it's Luca Day. It's Luca Knight, Luca and the Lakers facing off against the Mavericks tonight nine o'clock. We'll have the game right here in ninety seven to one the Eagle. We'll get into that discussion throughout the day. But I got to start the show by asking you, guys, do dogs get sick?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: In other words, could my dog catch the neuro virus? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I don't know if your dog can specifically catch the neurovirus, but there for example, dogs can get bird flu, okay, right, and then get sick from bird flu and then possibly even pass it on to you.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't they be able to get the neurovirus then, which everyone on our show but Skin has had and it deals with it brings on projectile vomiting and backdoor pooh water waterfalls.
Speaker 4: So I don't know specifically yay or nay on the neurovirus, other than certain creatures on this planet have certain resistances to things that other creatures don't. So whether not dogs do or don't have resistance to the neurovirus, I do not know this.
Speaker 5: As a licensed vet for many years. I can tell you that dogs can get the neumal virus.
Speaker 3: Oh they can. You studied this back when you were a vet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, back when I served.
Speaker 4: When you're yeah, yeah, by the way, thank you for your service. You run to the dogs while everyone else runs away from them.
Speaker 6: They get the same way humans do.
Speaker 5: This whole thing is that our question about airborne I was a little confused with because I don't think it floats through the air, but I do think it hangs on surfaces. I think the neumal virus can be on a on a door knob, it can be on your cereal at the store, you know, and COVID was happening.
Speaker 1: It's hand to hand passed. It's not passed through sneeze particles.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, yeah.
Speaker 4: I think if I go and I sneeze on your face with the neuro virus, you'll get it.
Speaker 6: No, exactly, Yes, if you have it, that's the whole thing.
Speaker 7: Then I would think both of my dogs would have it, because I had one sitting in bed with me the entire time I was set well, okay, oh oh, virus was already in me. Okay, he wouldn't have gotten it from me. Then, and playing in your vomit opportunities, playing with us at all times. My cat it and then I had it.
Speaker 3: They would have had it by now.
Speaker 6: Well, no, but they have to get that vomit what.
Speaker 3: Girl, Well.
Speaker 5: Didn't get it, My wife didn't get it, and no one else in your family's got to except your dog.
Speaker 1: Here's what I want to tell you. So today, so we have a whole thing in our house with our dogs. We have three dogs and skin I think it's the same for you. They pretty much follow your wife everywhere. Yeah, yeah, my dogs follow my wife everywhere.
Speaker 4: I wake up three hours before my wife does, and none of the dogs come out and ask me for food. They all just lay in there looking at her on her schedule.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sou In our house, my daughter gets to school super super early. So my wife wakes up early, puts the dog in the kennel, and then takes my daughter to school. And so today I'm waking up getting ready and my son comes downstairs and he's like, why is only Roco only my middle fat sized dog is in the kennel and the rest are outside like in the house elsewhere, free to roam. Oh, And I was like, I don't know, you know, because when my wife left, she didn't give any special instructions about Roco being jailed. And so Roco is the dog that my middle son most identifies with, that's his homie.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: So he's like, I'm not doing this, I'm letting him free, okay, And so he lets him out to roam the house. This is going to be an opportunity for you to get guys to critique my wife. Christine. I know you've been highly critical of her, and and Skin I know she appreciates your mentorship, your ability to coach her up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: And Kat, she's doing great. You think she's doing great. So my wife gets home and she's like, why is Roco out? Like what do you mean you didn't give any special instructions. She goes he's throwing up left and right. Oh, he's been throwing up all morning. And I was like, well, that would have been good information this year. So when my son let him out, he went and threw up all over the house. Maybe he has dog neurovirus. And so my wife any butt stuff, she not that I saw. Yeah, what are you talking about with my dog?
Speaker 3: Okay? And no against it? Uh?
Speaker 1: And so so anyways, the uh, the uh, the dog has had these vomit deposits all over the house, and she goes, he's been vomiting like crazy, and so she went put him in the kennel. He immediately threw up in the kennel, and so she was cleaning the kennel, and she was just letting him roam around the house while she cleaned the kennel. Now, I felt like, this is a perfect opportunity for me to critique her work, right, right, So you stood over her on your hips, hands on your hips, going.
Speaker 3: So it said.
Speaker 1: I just find it interesting because I was working, okay while she's doing this making all the money, because I make all the money. And she was cleaning the throw up in the kennel, but let him roam around the house to keep throwing up in the house.
Speaker 3: And I'm like making throat sounds.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I just have a question, wouldn't you wouldn't it be better to take him outside and make him stay outside while you were cleaning the kennel. I'm not like, I'm grateful that you're cleaning the kennel. What were the other dogs doing? They were just chilling? Yeah, totally fine. Probably wanting to get in there and eat, you know, then they get the virus, right, And so instead of taking the dog outside, she let the dog roam inside and have like three more throw ups while she was cleaning one up. And I'm just like, what are you do in that situation? Because you don't want to be, you know, a passenger's seat driver, but you also need to coach her up and let her know. You know, you could eliminate the throw up problem. It doesn't have to perpetually keep happening. You don't have to clean up throw up for the rest of the day. You could just take the dog outside.
Speaker 7: You could help her out by letting the dog outside and maybe cleaning Skin.
Speaker 3: I'd Ristine if you could be quiet please.
Speaker 4: I think the problem is that if Ben gets involved, then he disrupts Kat's methodology of letting the dog throw up everywhere.
Speaker 1: She may have a reason for that, And I'm sorry, Skin yell that you told you to be quiet. But what I will say is that you've always told me this, Christina, that women have rights, you still.
Speaker 3: Don't understand them.
Speaker 1: Some reason, well that it would be really uh make me out to be really kind of a pig just to come in and start trying to tell her how to do it or help her like she doesn't. You don't have to hold the door open for a woman, right because she has the rights to open that door herself.
Speaker 7: Right. Sure, but it's always nice to just help every now and then.
Speaker 3: Wait, so you want it both ways?
Speaker 4: And yeah, I never hold the door at the voting booth because I don't think they should be allowed in there.
Speaker 6: Just stand there.
Speaker 3: You're not going there, do you? What would you do in there? You can't vote? Come on, then, what you doing there?
Speaker 6: You're gonna mess up the whole thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So did I do the right thing for women's rights to just let my wife be a strong independent woman and clean up all that throw up and even and let her continue to have to clean up more and more throat because I didn't want to make her do it my way.
Speaker 6: It's definitely worse that you were there just watching.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, I if I had a dog that was thrown up where I would have created a fictional business meeting at the range. Yeah, I can't miss it.
Speaker 3: Got to be there, right, dude.
Speaker 6: I've just got to go hit a few balls with a client.
Speaker 3: All right. Well, I would have.
Speaker 1: I would have helped, but the system was so bad that I was like having a really hard time, Like, yeah, it's hard to function within a flawed system, right, because I'm like, if you just let the dog outside, it would be over. Yeah, you're you're basically you're trapped within trying to understand why the system is so flawed and you're paralyzed by it.
Speaker 3: Ye where you can't help out And thank you for understanding and being a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I showed a lot of strength and wisdom in that situation.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: Uh so, Uh, I know it would have had to been you taking the dog to the bed because I know you don't want cat driving. But what were you? Are you guys going to try to get the dog healthier, called a new bird to come get her.
Speaker 6: Get this, the virus can live on your pets fur coat for up to two weeks.
Speaker 3: Two weeks, the neuro virus is in your house. Bro, Oh, it's on the fur of the dog.
Speaker 6: It's gotta be.
Speaker 3: The fur of the dog. What does that mean? Further and have a beer? Yeah, Okay. The whole thing reminds me of the intro.
Speaker 6: Says go to the bad beer. Really the same symptoms as we have.
Speaker 5: Let's not poo a strict plan diet.
Speaker 6: Tell all your puff stomachs are normal.
Speaker 5: Yet time always right now, you're ready, ready, ready, ready, one.
Speaker 2: Time when evan within, I'll show you go rubing be except with a similar sweet pursuing it. Donld out shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chill in that day, eagle? Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the doc. Gotta habit for my house a goat status. How we'd starting it? Cratic shows that up multiply like a rabbit.
Speaker 6: Tune in, zone out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 3: I'm on, I hang out with a friend, rocket it on the radio. My home by skin and Skin talking on the radio.
Speaker 7: It's time to do.
Speaker 3: This, falsy kid, all baby baby at three stream up and.
Speaker 2: Up on the radio.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: It's a tough emotional day for Dallas Fort Worth because we will all be forced to watch Luca play against the Mavericks for another team. He is now a Laker, obviously, and this will be the first time that Luca has ever squared off against the Dallas Mavericks. It happens tonight, We'll have the game right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle. I'm curious about how everybody's feeling. I'm very very excited.
Speaker 3: I am too, which is weird.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I'm excited to see how, like what Lucas gonna do. We know he's gonna go ham on him.
Speaker 4: Like this is to me this, I mean there I understand the personal part of it for people I do, but to me, this is like why we watch sports, Like do you realize what this is an amazing story? And you know, I was thinking about this the other night when I was watching him play Denver and he was playing really well, and I was like, goley, I cannot wait to see what happens on Tuesday because I'm sort of I try to be It's hard to do these things, but I try to be of the mindset of not losing my ass over things that I can't control. I mean, it affects you emotionally, but like I can't just hang on to that every day, you know. So I now understand that Luca is a Laker, Like that's not gonna change. I'm not gonna quit life. So now I'm like, God, this is gonna be amazing tonight. We're gonna see something emotional for people that we've paid a lot of attention to for the last seven years. This could be extraordinary tonight.
Speaker 6: Okay, here's where I am. I agree with you on a lot of that. Here's the thing.
Speaker 5: I'm an Avs fan, right, I don't like what's happened, not like of one bit. I'm a MAVs fan. I am debating not even watching it. And that's a terrible thing, I know, because here's what I'm gonna have to do. If I watch this game. I'm gonna have to want him to eff and suck and I'm gonna have to hate him why and that's about to happen. I can't have Luca going off for forty while I want my team to win because he plays for the Lakers. Now, I have to hate him now interest and I don't like it. I don't like it, But to be a MAVs fan, you have to go there. I think I think you can still go a great Look what he did. That's cool, dude. He's pretty easy for other teams to root against. We talked about this here, Yeah, when he bitched at the refs all the time. Right, So I'm gonna have to go.
Speaker 6: Look at that dude bitching at the rest.
Speaker 5: Okay, if that guy, I've got to go there. Otherwise, I'm not a sports fan. I'm not a MAVs fan.
Speaker 3: Christina. What about you? Where are you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: I Like I just said, I'm excited for it, and I truly love Luca. I want him happy wherever he is, so I'm still going to root for him.
Speaker 3: Right So I'm beginning to lose though.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I am a diehard mass fan, have been my whole life. But tonight I'll be a Luca fan more than anything. And I hope Luca hangs seventy twenty and twenty on the MAVs.
Speaker 3: And I'll be I'll, I will, I would.
Speaker 1: I actually, I would probably want the MAVs to win on a last second Kyrie shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd like Kyrie fifty wall Luka against the line he's talking about.
Speaker 3: That would be some of the best sports of my entire life.
Speaker 1: That's great, Hey, would. I'm not where you are, skin yet. I haven't compartmentalized it and moved on. I'm not looking at it in a healthy way. It's still I'm still processing. I'm still in the middle of the hurt. From it all and shocked. But I will tell you, like the marketing leading up to it is good for sports. It is good for basketball. But like I saw a jump man just put out an ad of a guy leaning next to a sports car and it's clearly he's supposed to be Luca and he's changing his license plate. Liice plate is seventy seven and he changes it, I guess to a California plate.
Speaker 3: And then he takes off his hands look like they're in shape.
Speaker 1: Okay, now this is an interesting thing I saw, they said a source close to Luca. A source close to Luca said that this lit a fire under him and he's inspired or motivated like never before. I just read that on the internet and so I'm like, okay, that is I think that is what you're about to get.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. But that sucks that he had to leave to get it.
Speaker 1: I wish that would have happened after the finals or at some point along the way, because then I wish he was still a Maverick.
Speaker 3: I wish he was still a Maverick too.
Speaker 4: You know what I've been thinking about lately is the most one of the most surreal sports days I've ever had. Is going down to Moody Coliseum for the whatever it was, the International Goodwill Games or whatever it's called. When Nash went to Phoenix and walking around Moody Coliseum and dude Sarah Melton and Scott Tomlin and all the Maverick staffers, Donnie Nelson was there. It was a funeral like it was this is the end of the world. That's how everyone was carrying themselves. And a couple years later, the MAVs went to the finals and that ended up being one of the worst moments in sports history. Is they got it two way laster. But the whole point being is that who knows where this thing is going? And I'm with Ben, I love Luca. I'd love to see Luca go for seventy twenty and twenty and still lose tonight. That would be the ultimate for me. I would love for Kyrie to bust his ass because Kyrie's still here and I'm a Maverick fan, but man, I'll always pull for Luca. I mean, he was he showed up here when he was nineteen At.
Speaker 6: Four to ten.
Speaker 5: I have an interesting thought I'd like to tease a head to involved tonight and involves a weird scenario that could happen tonight and what would happen, And I'll explain it.
Speaker 6: Four ten That makes sense. Yeah, that's interesting sense.
Speaker 3: Fourteen cents to you. Yeah, four ten